Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Hey everybody, Neil Savedra here on the Bill Handle Show. Happy to be with you this lovely Friday, as the sun comes back to southern California for the next seven days or so, gonna be ho t and I love it. Although I do love the foggy kind of rainy weather. I like getting cozy, putting on a fire, you know, having some hot chocolate, maybe a hot toddy. Come on now, sounds good, pizza.
Speaker 3: Anita minute. That's good. Bill Handle coming back on Monday. Wall be together.
Speaker 2: But the gang's all here with Amy and Ann and Kono and Will and me. So thanks for hanging out on this beautiful Friday. A couple of things. One, I want to remind you of something really cool that I saw last night on Justin's feed.
Speaker 3: You remember Justin Worsham.
Speaker 2: He used to work on the morning show Board op funny guy, hell of a nice guy. Well he's also a real estate agent and you've heard him on Gary and Shannon for a long time talking about being a dad. I had the Dad Podcast and all of that. Well you can hear him this Sunday two to four pm talk in real estate and next Sunday two to four maybe just trying him out to see if a real estate show works. He's a funny, insightful guy, very smart guy and part of the KFI family for a long time. If you get a chance, I would write it down right now, justin Worsham Sunday, this Sunday and next Sunday two to four p talking real estate and give him some love and tune in there, won't you. And I think he's still on Wednesdays with Gary and Shannon right every Wednesday, talking about parenting. But good for him, that is awesome. And I love to see old homes week here on KFI. All right, Foody Friday. Amy is nowhere to be seen, but I'll have her jump in if she has a moment as well. Because Disney So Disneyland's twenty twenty five Food and Wine Festival is going on right now. It started late February I think, and then goes through April twenty first, so you still have time to get to California Adventure and enjoy this.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, I loved it. Every year.
Speaker 2: They just keep keep upping the ante and you know what, I noticed that happens on their list of foods stuffs is they understand what us foodies like. They always have different mac and cheeses because who don't love a mac and cheese? Right, they have a Beria mac and cheese. So Beria is low and slow cooked stewed meat.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And it was just wonderful. The combination was magical. They continue to have these kiosks throughout the park. I think they have eight of them this year. They have them throughout the park there. In addition to that, you they have some of the restaurants and other food locations that have specials as well. They have their Sip in Savor cards. Last year, I think they're around sixty one dollars or so, eight items, five dollars discount. If you're a Magic Key annual pass holder. They have thirty one for four items with no passholder discount. But I like the sip and savor the key is and the hot tip I'm going to give to you. Look for items that are eight dollars or more. That's what it's going to give you the best value for that. But I like having that. You also get this really cool plate that they have this year. So it's the Mickey It's Mickey Mouse with the mickeyears you get. You can jump on to Amy if you want to talk. I'm just talking a little bit about the food and wine.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I just mentioned that plate. It's great, Okay, so.
Speaker 2: This is what you go ahead and describe it, Amy. It's a cool it's I see them in other wine events, and it's first time I've seen it at Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: So it's a plate and then they're the ears. There are holes in the ears, so you can hold it with hold one of the ears and then place your cup in the other one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can put your wine glass or whatever you drink in because they have beverages as well, wine beers and cocktails, and you can put them in the ears. And then the face is where you put your food and so you can have everything there without spilling it, which is great.
Speaker 5: It is yeah, it's it's nice if you don't have a table. But the other thing I've noticed around DCA is that they have more places to kind of park. They're not sit down places outside the restaurant areas, but there's more little tables and ledges and stuff like that, which is great for food and wine because you kind of want to stop and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you want to take your photos and things like that. Every year they do something that ups the anti I feel. And there's also if you are a pass holder, there's a little nook there in the shade.
Speaker 5: It's yeah, it's right over before you get to Avengers Lamp. Yeah, for the entrance to there. It's on the left hand side, and it's a little.
Speaker 2: It's got tables in there and you know, a little shaded area for those who are keyholders magic keyholders, they can go in there as well. But the food was outstanding and some of the things that really stood out were, like I said, the Beria mac and cheese was fantastic. They also had the Asado's there at Kluckadoodle Do or Kluckadoodle Moo. Rather, this was skirt steak that was perfectly cooked Chipotle chicken with Spanish rite right in salsa verde.
Speaker 3: That was one of my hot picks as well.
Speaker 5: Did you do the tops soil top sirloin and grere mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: No, that was good.
Speaker 5: That was good. The uh it had garlic like and then then like little like breadcrumbs crumbled up really fine.
Speaker 2: Was that that garlic kissed uh location or was that something else? Yeah, that's what it was. It was the uh that that location. They also had. One of the things that I loved was the trace Leche's cake that they had. We didn't try that yet, pretty wonderful. And also they had an orchata a I think it was a raspberry or chata that I thought was magical.
Speaker 3: It was really delicious.
Speaker 5: And did you mention the mini La Street Dog?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't get that. Where was that, by.
Speaker 5: The way, I have to ask Nick Pauli Okay, because I will tell you it's on the menu though, because they give you a little guide of where the where you can find all the things. But it's it's like a you know, it's like a off of the size of a hot dog. And it was absolutely delicious La Mini Street Dog.
Speaker 2: So it's the bacon wrapped street dog situation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, you're making me remember I think it does have bacon on it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's usually what an La Street Dog is. It's like a Sonoran dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then what's the what's the shrimp thing? I don't have the list in front of me, but there's there's also one of the Kiosks. There was a little shrimp and was it grits?
Speaker 3: No, that sounds good.
Speaker 5: It wasn't grits though. Oh gosh, see you caught me off guard. Now I need to look at my list. There's a shrimp dish and it was absolutely delicious. And the other thing that I love.
Speaker 3: About at WIS was where the mini La Street.
Speaker 5: Dog there you go, is that there's small bites because you know how you go down, you sit down and go, oh, I'd like to try that, and there's just too much food. There's smaller bites and lower prices, so you can go and when you go with a friend, like we both we both tried like six things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, but I will tell you that the steak and chicken and rice dish was a meal onto itself. So I was like, cause I usually like that too, jumping around and tasting a little bit here and there. So it's well worth it if you're a foodie to get there to California Disney California Adventure. It goes through the twenty first check all the pricing and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: You can go.
Speaker 2: Hey, by the way, you can go and join me on Instagram at fork Reporter at fok Reporter on Instagram, and I have a couple of videos that I did. Just grow a little bit back or go down on the grid there and you can see a couple of the videos I've done. I've got a couple more coming your way. Spending time there, and I'm going to try and get out there at least two more times before the twenty first to enjoy the arrest of it.
Speaker 3: But I highly encourage it.
Speaker 2: They do a great job with the food and it's a lot of fun and you meet a lot of other foody people.
Speaker 3: So check that out, won't you.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're in the middle of Foody Friday, and I will tell you this was something I had heard whispers about and it's come true. Subway, you know they've been known for the five dollars foot long Well that's over because sandwich costs and all that stuff are different now. However, they continue to roll out these foot long sidekicks, the foot long cookies, the foot long dippers. I like those dippers. Has anyone gott knows Amy, have you gotten the dippers? No?
Speaker 5: Last time we went to Subboy, they didn't have them.
Speaker 2: Oh well, the little roll ups, the chicken and I think there's like a pizza one.
Speaker 5: They didn't have those, and they didn't have the foot long cookies because we're like, let's get foot long cookies now, Oh we're out.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not the chiro and the pretzel and the cookie I wasn't a fan of, okay, and I didn't think they were great. But the little roll up thinghies, the little foot long dippers, I liked them.
Speaker 3: I thought that was, you know, pretty tasty.
Speaker 2: So they've been known as the antithesis of the greasy fast food chain type thing. This is where you go to if you want something a little fresher. Well, they've got It's something that I had heard whispers about, but it has come, and it is the release of their new Dorito's foot long nachos.
Speaker 3: So imagine this.
Speaker 2: You've got a foot long container, this cardboard container, and it's filled with Doritos.
Speaker 3: And they have these. It started on the third, just yesterday.
Speaker 2: They have these foot long nachos features Doritos nacho cheese flavored chips. Of course, they're topped with cheddar cheese, sauce, Monterey cheddar cheese, jalapeno slices, tomatoes, red onions, your choice of rotisserie chicken or steak and Baja Chipotle sauce. So they are limited time and much like those other foot long sides I told you about, the nachos will only cost five box. However, you can add you know, smashed avocado like anything else they have there for an additional charge. So to celebrate the launch, Subways giving cuss, there's a chance to try the new to Rita's foot long nachos for free on April tenth, So write that down April tenth any Subway MVP Rewards member, so that's you know, they want you to be a part of that and get on their app and all of that. You can score free nachos with the purchase of any foot long sub. The offer will automatically hit all Rewards members accounts on April tenth, and it'll be available to redeem on that day only, So you want to get on that. All you have to do is make sure you've signed up for Subways Free MVP Rewards program and then you wait for April tenth to come around, and then you can buy your favorite foot long sub and you compare with it this new cheesy meaty top nachos so I'm curious, right, what say you, Cono, you ever get to the subway?
Speaker 3: I haven't been a subway in a very long time. Would this get you there? Some Dorito nachos? I do love Dorito's. Yeah, do you love nachos?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: Yes, what do you think? I think it sounds delicious.
Speaker 2: So sign up for that subway MVP. And on the tenth they're gonna give you a free one. Come on, man, fr ee baby. Yeah, that's my middle name. Yeah, I thought it was Saskatchewan. Yeah, Saskatchewan free?
Speaker 3: Is that right? Yeah? Do you know how my son's name is Maximilian. We call him Max.
Speaker 2: You know how close he was to having the middle name danger, Max Danger? It close, but we we named him after her dad middle name and her brother's middle name. So but he almost got both of those too, so we refer to him as Max Danger. But came close, and then it was gonna be Saskatchewan. It was a toss up, but you know, one wins out. It's just the way it's got to be. Someone loses, all right, Talk back to the talkbacks. These are talkbacks we received from you during the week. Let's start with cut number one.
Speaker 6: Cono, good, morning, Neil. Hey, I like your take on the tariffs.
Speaker 7: Thanks for putting that out there.
Speaker 6: Also, remember when everyone wanted to buy American Maid.
Speaker 5: This is the chance we get to.
Speaker 6: Buy more American Maid stuff. So everybody should just calm down.
Speaker 8: The stock market will recover. Lease that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 6: Love the show. Thank you, Bye bye.
Speaker 2: You're welcome, Bye bye the tariffs. Here's the deal. Are the tariffs going to work? I have no idea, none of us do.
Speaker 3: Can they work?
Speaker 2: Yes, they are part of a strategy, and we have to wait and see. I know it seems chaotic and crazy and I'm waiting around two and all hell's breaking loose, but we don't.
Speaker 3: Know, so we'll have to wait and see.
Speaker 5: All right, next, I mean, am I miss Steve.
Speaker 9: I'm coming from part Oregon and question about do you need rooster to have eggs?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 9: The reason you need roosters have babies. Chicken hens don't need the rooster. Hens to the agches. Welcome by.
Speaker 3: I didn't say thank you, but I do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I was asking about that when we talked about do you need a rooster for any reason?
Speaker 3: I mean, do they keep did they keep the chicks in line. I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: They don't because I hear roosters all the time. What do you need a rooster for?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 3: Is all I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Next Nils of Adra, Yeah, clearly the best replacement for Bill handle on Morning Drive proceeds to burn bridges after bridges on Morning Drive?
Speaker 3: Fill in?
Speaker 8: Is this insanity or brilliance?
Speaker 5: What what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Was that what I was telling you guys that you sucked yesterday because you wouldn't join me in a dance or something like?
Speaker 3: Who's brother?
Speaker 2: Now? I'm self conscious? Has I have I burned bridges? I'm an I'm a nice guy. I'm a fun guy, like a mushroom. What I don't like is I hate bad logic. I'm a slave to reason. That is that is my jam, not to Republicans democrats. That's why people will hear one thing and think, oh, he's a trumper and I'm not, and then they'll think, oh he's a liberal.
Speaker 3: I'm not. I'm a rationalist. All right?
Speaker 10: One more, amen, Neil, I agree with you one hundred with your uh brand, I guess about thinking for yourself? Yeah, in my opinion, you're spot on, brother Glad you're back. I have a great day.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 2: I will tell you to tag onto that there was a point in time where we got really focused on emotions. And emotions are great, but emotions means mean nothing without reason to be the rudder. I've said this many times before. The feeling I get when I'm in love is the same feeling I get when I'm seasick. Clammy, hands up stomach. So if I'm with my wife, it's I'm in love. If I'm on a boat with a bunch of sweating men, it's probably Please, for the love of God, make it be sea sickness.
Speaker 3: So you need your brain.
Speaker 2: I believe that, either by evolution or design, our brain was put above our hearts for a reason.
Speaker 3: And we need to use reason.
Speaker 2: And at some point we thought self esteem and building up emotions in school were was the most important thing. And I don't know why, and we stopped teaching people reason and logic and understanding problem solving. Do you know the metrics for genius are problem solving, mensa. All of that is about problem solving. Kids are born geniuses. They're born geniuses because all they want to do is solve problems. We teach that out of them the dumbest thing we do. Emotions are important, they play a huge part of their life, but they cannot lead. Our country is not divided by intellect and all of that. It is divided by emotion. What we're seeing with a stock market is emotion. We get emotional, we have divide. That's why I hate a two party system because it is our emotions to say, if there are two parties, one's right and one's wrong, and that's asinine. So we get sports mentality. When it comes to politics, that's not my team. That is stupidity, and that is emotions leading. So I don't look at Trump, I don't look at anybody who's the person in that place. I didn't vote for the man, but he is my president because he's in that seat and I respect that seat.
Speaker 3: So what I do is.
Speaker 2: I root for them to succeed on the things that are going to make us better. And I will use reason to choose what I think is a good idea and what's a bad idea, because that person will come and go, but we the people stay, and if we get emotional, we're all screwed. We're all screwed. So that is me in a nutshell. I am a slave to reason and I am a rationalist, and that's what I want to see lead the emotions, keing cars, breaking into the.
Speaker 3: Capital.
Speaker 2: That is emotion and stupidity. I want us to get reasonable. I don't care about making America great again. That doesn't mean anything. What means something. To make America reasonable again is where I am. And I hate that we've gotten so emotional that we can't even say intellectual things without someone going, oh my god, do you support that? Oh, for the love of God, all right, oh, ConA.
Speaker 4: Hollo on nil.
Speaker 11: This is Angela, and I just wanted to say that I'm enjoying the show with you. Is a refreshing and also familiar voice. Okay, so I'm glad that you're there.
Speaker 2: And thank you, Oh, thank you, Amanita. I appreciate it me and right there, given me some love. I'll take it. What's the Friday phrasing?
Speaker 12: I was just trying to remember it. You know, my Spanish is Meredith?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 3: Can I say that? I don't know?
Speaker 5: It's your show, it's your suspension.
Speaker 3: You're driving the bus, bitch. I appreciate something. El cuerpo.
Speaker 1: Vida is it?
Speaker 2: Verde is that correct, Friday, Well, that's green.
Speaker 3: It's crap, is not. It's right. We'll give you a second, tod cono.
Speaker 12: I can say vera goodness, Oh, Neil, you are so wrong.
Speaker 6: Gay men, real gay men do not like boobs. Okay, we like man parts. Okay, we don't like boobs. We don't like flabby flesh, nothing like that.
Speaker 3: You're wrong. Okay.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love that he gets more gay as the call goes on, and then he signs off.
Speaker 3: To like almost like to prove his credentials.
Speaker 12: You're rum es viernes el cuerpo.
Speaker 3: Oh Is that right? I guess I think that's right. You know you're white showing. Yeah, I'm half of you and my dad. So what can you do?
Speaker 2: Here's my theory with the gay man's and boom thing, and this is my last argument.
Speaker 3: And thanks for calling. I appreciate it. Have you ever seen a drag queen with a flat chest? Bang?
Speaker 2: Drops the mic? But I appreciate that. I just loved that he like signed off in the gas way your rum oh glaho, my, thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: Next, you say he's borish, but he's not a pushover. He's a businessman, and our country is one gigantic business. And I'm tired of the rest of the world looking to us as an open hand. And I'm tired of the America being the world's police force. It's about time that tear are either dropped altogether or they mirror one another, plain and simple. Tired of my taxpayer money going to other countries for nothing.
Speaker 2: I don't you know, I'm not disagreeing with you when it comes to Trump. I said he's borish because he is. He is a bowl in a china shop. Now, I do we need business insights in politics. Absolutely, we're hemorrhaging money. However, we also need a leader and not just someone who knocks things over. So I you know, yes, do we need business man in there. Yes, but we also need a president that comforts and guides. That's why that is a very specific position and a special position that should have reverence. And I'm not saying that he can't do good or he's not doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm saying he's borish. Next, what is wrong with you, Neil? I don't understand you liberal media press.
Speaker 13: I mean, Neil, usually a little more common sense. The reason there's so much contray he is because you know, I must offered to send them and bring those guys back on a long time ago to Joe Biden. Joe Biden refused because of political reasons. You know that, and that's the truth. I'll report it.
Speaker 2: Well, I was sort of and I don't know that to be exactly true, but I was sort of implying that during that that it was like Elon Musk had to send someone up take them out. And why were they bristling every time someone said that they were stranded? So I don't disagree with that, but anyways, Next.
Speaker 4: There's an avocado farm in Monrovia, California. A friend of mine just went there last week and she picked up some Pinkerton avocados. I haven't tried them yet, but I have never heard of him, and I'm looking forward to trying them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Pinkerton aren't rigit.
Speaker 2: They're a little elongated, and but they have a you know, kind of a bright green or palish green flesh, very fatty, delicious. They will work in placamole. They will also work in solids, So that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Next, Hey, Neil, Chuck and Clovers, don't know if you'll hear this, and you let him hear it.
Speaker 3: Play it.
Speaker 1: You want to get back to a really good government the way it was meant to be.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Stop paying Congress and Senators. It used to be a non paid job. It used to be a two year sacrifice for the good of your country. You give up two years, you do your two years, you go back to your regular job. Cut their pay, no pay, no healthcare. Be like everybody else. You'd see a big change in this government.
Speaker 2: A heartbeat, SODA's written, sodas shall be done. Make that happen. Last, but not least.
Speaker 3: Is what don't know? Is there another one?
Speaker 5: One more?
Speaker 3: That's it. I'm one in it for you. Can't wait to hear you tomorrow. All right, This is Mike Gonzales from Bye Hell for.
Speaker 2: The thanks, brother, I appreciate that all in we out here, come on.
Speaker 3: No one, what do you show?
Speaker 10: Nothing?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks everybody. I really appreciate you giving me time. As I said before, time is the one commodity you can't make more of, so I appreciate you spending it with me.
Speaker 5: Handley, please please, no, don't go yet, don't go.
Speaker 3: Don't go. You don't want him coming back. I didn't say that, Yeah you did.
Speaker 5: I just I want you to eat up the clock.
Speaker 3: You solo again today.
Speaker 12: Yeah, nothing makes you hate yourself more than four hours alone.
Speaker 3: I'm a fan. I enjoy you do I've sold you. I've told you that many times before. And I enjoyed yesterday quite a bit.
Speaker 12: I enjoyed you in the morning. It's very That woman was right. It's very refreshing.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 12: And it's funny the way you talk about handle. You're like he still brings it. It's like it's like Joe Biden's in our circle.
Speaker 3: He got it.
Speaker 7: Guys, every book, make the walls, how run scenes?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 3: He's running though. But do you know how You're not like this? But you know how people get bitter?
Speaker 2: Yes, you're you're are People that don't know you are very different than other hosts you take you know, Uh, people that have taught you things or whatever you give them credit. Uh, you You're just different than other people. People get bitter. You come and you do you and you don't worry about everybody else.
Speaker 3: And you leave.
Speaker 10: That's very sweet.
Speaker 3: No, and people don't do that. They go, oh, he's got this. Who cares? Who cares? Make your own thing in life?
Speaker 2: That's all right, justin Worsham Sunday two to four PE this weekend and make your.
Speaker 12: Own kind of music is not like Mama Cass or something.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I am sandwich does.
Speaker 5: Not sound good. That's speaking of Handle.
Speaker 3: We could just go into this. It's the Gary Ship Show.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to keep you around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just keep going comfortable. We are totally blurring.
Speaker 2: Michelle Keep's going to come in here with a disc look on her face.
Speaker 12: Nobody yells at us when we blow through the clock anymore.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll coming up next, and Shannon, you've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 4: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.