Speaker 1: Five o five. If if you have KRC the talk station Suesday, Happy Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Will it was a vacation and that's the way the news goes.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is again the Happy Wednesday to you. Brian Thomas right here. Glad to see Druss record. He belongs to you. I could producer of the fifty five Casey Morning Show and I love coming into a good rundown. Rundown includes Today the Big Picture with Jack other in every Wednesday seven o five Today bringing good jobs back home. That's the subject matter for Jack. Jack will be on seven oh five talk about that and express his intellectual musings. Donald and Neo Americans for Prosperity returns looking for a yes on Ohio Senate Bill two. Energy policy. Related to that one is our wine expert Keegan Corcoran returns along with the guests going to be in studio. The guests a winemaker from the state of Washington, and commentary on how the tariffs are going to affect the wine industry the two percent. I believe it is tariffs that Donald Trump's threatened on the I guess European wines, most notably French champagne, if it ain't grown in the Champagne region. It ain't Champagne anyway. Kind I was guessing, and I was thinking about kigging the other day because I think he deals mostly in domestic wines. He is a wine distributor, so Ignition Winds is the name of his company, and he sells to retail outlets and I guess restaurants and the like. But well, here from Keegan todatoh five, looking forward to that having him in studio, and of course Judge add An Apolitano, he'll be on a day third perilous times for personal liberty, yes, indeed, yeah, thinking of personal liberty. I I don't know. Again, I'm just kind of in of late, not really knowing where I wanted to start or when I wanted to talk to. But given personal liberty, I just got to turn to Chucky Schumer's comments the other day. He went on The View, which Joe, you watch The View every day, don't you d v R it? Never ever, ever ever miss an episode, says Sean Hannity. Gotta save it. Yeah, the View anyway, Chuckie Schumer has his own words, uh, and he's being mocked for what he said. I understand that some are suggesting that this would make great political ads for the Republicans in the upcoming election or whatever election they want to run it in, because it does express a viewpoint of the Democrats. Yeah, he had this to say, ed it's in quotes. The Republican Party is a different kettle of fish than it used to be. That's why we're fighting them so hard now. Of course, you read that sentence and you're like, what does that mean? He went on, They are controlled by a small group of wealthy, greedy people, which you know, independent objective observers might very well say the same thing about the Democrat Party. Who's got the money and who's supporting which cause what it tends to boil down to these days. But anyway, he went on, and you know what their attitude is. I made my money all by myself. How dare your government take my money from me. I don't want to pay taxes, or I built my company with my bare hands. How dare your government tell me how I should treat my customers the land in order that I own, or my employees. They hate government. Government's a barrier to people, a barrier to stop them from doing things. They want to destroy it. We are not letting them do it, and we are united. Interesting, I think he kind of said the quiet part out loud. That may be a bit of an overstatement to say that that's the attitude of folks who built things on their own. But let's face reality, the business owners quite often built things on their own. Yes, with the help of other folks that they hired and paid to work for them. They created the organizational structure that brought them success. They did purchase the land and continue to pay taxes on the land upon which they sit whatever business they have. So they're part of a functioning process. But we have all the right to complain, most notably when it's brought to our attention that the government is in fact taking money from us and spending it on stupid stuff and things, and digging us into a hole of existential threat, a threat that impacts businesses both left wing and right wing. Some may share his criticism of the well frankly overstated criticism of what businesses think. But I built my company with my bare hands. How dare your government tell me how I should treat my customers? Amen? Where is it written that government can tell businesses how to treat their customers? You see businesses in the business of making money, and if they mistreat their customers, then their customers won't come back. That's the beauty of capitalism. We have choice. We had the free exercise of you know, turning to where we want to get our goods and services. And if you mistreat me, then I'm not gonna you know, frequent your business. How can government, with its one size fits all approach better manage the free market? It can? And that is the point. Yeah, they may hate government because government gets in the way and interferes and you know, well, going back to my regularly often stated point, fascists are the ones that tell you how to live your life. Fascism dictatorial approach to how businesses are run, not the socialist slash communism, which is the state owned business. You can have private business, but in a fascist regime, the government tells you how to operate your business. This is what always cracks me up about Democrats running around screaming about Donald Trump and his fascism. No, he's trying to get government out of your way. He's trying to ultimately make you feel better about how government spends your money, because clearly they misspend it as we've been finding out every single day since Elon Musk and Doge and the other folks responsible for making the cuts have endeavored to pair back the size and scope of government because it gets in our way and it also is well wasting our money, also right for fraud. So I don't know whether you think he stepped in it or not. I think it's rather revealing they hate government. Government's a barrier to people, a barrier to stop them from doing things. You know, yes, it is. What kind of automobile do you want? Government is telling you an electric vehicle, and you will drive an electric vehicle and you'll not have an option to have an internal combustion engine, period, end of story. A barrier to stop them from doing things. That's what government is. Who can take away your rights, freedoms and liberties. We live in a country founded on these principles, you know, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the idea that you do have certain unalienable rights. You were born with them. They are God given. And even if you don't believe in God, go ahead put yourself in the state of nature. As I've regularly pointed out, you're thrown into a field before there's organized government. Before there's organized religion. You have unlimited freedoms. It is through our interactions with our fellow human beings that we must restrict those to a certain degree because you might intrude on someone else's unalienable rights. That's where a system of laws is developed. But fundamentally, you're born with the right to free speech, You're born with the right to free exercise of religion. You can born with the right to defend yourselves. Only government can stop you from doing things. Only government is a barrier to stop them from doing things. In the words of Chucky Schumer, and I don't know that people want to actually destroy government, but we want to pair it back and prevent it from intruding into our fundamental freedoms and liberties. In his conclusion, we are not letting them do it, and we are united that will be the Democratic Party. We're not letting you stand in the way of government dictating the terms and conditions of how your business is run or how your life is conducted. There it is appreciate it, Chuck, thanks for being so honest. Five fifteen fifty five cars detalk station chime in feel free. I'd love to hear from you. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk coun five fifty on AT and T phones. But right back after these brief words.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krc our Ieartradium.
Speaker 1: Five nineteen and a happy WEDNESDAYTM. I always love to hear from the listeners five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three Talk Con five fifty on AT and T phones, and we're looking up at the call screen. I always love hearing from my good friend, my submarine or friend cribbage. Mike. Good to hear from me this morning, Mike, how you doing today?
Speaker 4: Good morning, sir.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And God blessed those four astronauts that home safety yesterday, and especially the two that had a somewhat extended stay from their plan voyage and everybody back here on Terra Firma that made that happen, including Elon Musk, you know, Brian. Over the course of my career, the longest sustains time that I spent submerged was fifty eight consecutive days.
Speaker 4: When we went up to the I.
Speaker 1: Was just thinking about that, man. You know, you're in a tin can. You're kind of in a similar situation as them, although I guess you had a little more room to move around than they did.
Speaker 6: Right, it wasn't a cruise ship, but clearly a lot more room than what they had.
Speaker 1: And more people and more interaction. Yeah, I guess you have to have a certain mindset, and I'm sure the military, you know, weeds out those who would be incapable of serving on a submarine for several months in a row without you know, surfacing, but you know, at least you get interaction with a larger group of people.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Just thinking about the circumstances they were under gave me stress because that's unsettling as hell. You're in outer space, for God's sake. It's not like the captain can say, you know a surface and you can open the hatch up and walk out on top.
Speaker 6: It's like, ah, that's We've I've had situations where we came off patrol to human back somebody, you know, to send them home during due to a medical situation.
Speaker 4: You know that's not happening up there.
Speaker 6: And just watching them crawl out of that capsule, I was not aware of that. They said they must exercise about two to three hours a day, just so they don't have muscle atrophy, yeah, you know, and everything else that comes along with your bones and stuff.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: But it's so irritating to watch the now the Musk arrangements syndrome, ever since, even before Doge. But what was just the hypocrisy was our good friend Senator Mark Warner, you know, who obviously was virtue signaling when he bought his Tesla, because now he's traded that in for one of GM's largest vehicles, and God bless him. I could kill less for car, you dry, But that even shows it from that not only is this man a navy veteran, he is an astronaut and he is decrying and using all this vulgar language towards Elon Musk as an astronaut, bringing other astronauts home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I share your comments, I truly do. And you know, the vulgarity the politicians have devolved into, it's like you can't have a statement without dropping a bunch of curse words in it anymore. It's just really that's just disturbing and alarming to me. It's a de evolution of society and humankind.
Speaker 6: Well, and some of them, they're like a ten year old kid. It just doesn't fit, you know, and they know it doesn't fit.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's.
Speaker 4: Going to get that.
Speaker 6: Twenty four to thirty year old demographic or whatever. But once again, if you have nothing to do but put on a show, no substance in your arguments. They're just perfectly stated here what Chucky Schumer said yesterday on My favorite program. Of course, Yeah, you just don't have to spend a time on campaign. It's just like they did towards the end of the election. Just put Kamala's voice out there and they'll be all set up for the midterm just in this past two weeks. Just put them out there.
Speaker 4: In their own words.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's and that's actually quite sufficient. They are, you know, look at their own within their own part of their approval ratings are in the toilet. They don't have a message run on other than this continued Trump derangement syndrome. And now, as you point out Elon must arrangement syndrome, when they're actually trying to do something for the good of the American people, which is saved money, fared out fraud, waste and abuse. Who could be against that. I guess the Democrats, why, well, only because they're in favor of it. In the Musk and the Trump side, they're in favor of fraud, waste and abuse elimination, so we have to be against it. Fine, run on that message.
Speaker 6: And they just showed a video of Obama from twenty eleven saying exact same thing, sitting by sacks and sacks of documentary.
Speaker 1: I know, I know they's to put out that. The other day. They used to be against fraud, wasted abuse. It's an excellent bipartisan campaign promise, we will not waste your hard earned stolen from US taxpayer dollars, and now it's a bad thing to get rid of it. I listen. I guess it's not for me to kind of figure out what their message is going to be as they approach the next election. Right now, I don't see what it is except evil orange man, evil evil, you know, astronaut rescuing Elon Musk. Appreciate your call as always, Like Barley Corns in Northern Kentucky's our next listener lunch. I hope you're able to make it for that one, Mike, I truly do. I missed our cribbage game the last time around.
Speaker 4: Back on them, man, we will be.
Speaker 6: There, sir.
Speaker 1: Wonderful news, wonderful news to hear. Appreciate that, you.
Speaker 7: Know, And.
Speaker 1: I guess isn't it wonderful that we have these evil companies who you know, want to fight to keep what they've built on their own. In spite of what Juckie Schimmer says about that SpaceX, SpaceX saved those astronauts. NASA couldn't do it. Now, NASA had some involvement in it, coordinating the mission, but it was Elon Musk's rocket ship company that actually perform the task. And isn't that wild. We always like to pat ourselves on the back for me in the first country to send people to the moon, and yes we should, but that was all done by NASA. Elon Musk on his own. Society's gonna start building rocket ships and apparently far more successfully than the government is able to do it. Go scratch your head on that one. Five twenty five fifty five K Steve Talk Station local stories coming up. Alternatively your phone calls, which are preferred by me. But you can do what you want. I just hope you can stick around and'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC run a business and nothing.
Speaker 1: Channel nine First Warning Weather forecast says, got a warm, windy day, gusts up to forty miles per hour. Clouds will build up throughout the day seventy for the high overnight low thirty seven. Storms show up around eight pm this evening, and it'll be windy as well, and they may have we may have some damaging wins. That's a big concern expressed by Channel nine body and colder tomorrow high forty three winner remixes possible overnight. Got a low of twenty nine with clouds and a partly cloudy Friday with a high of fifty seven fifty nine degrees. Right now for the five kir CD talk station, the Shia five twenty nine on a Wednesday, and a happy one too. Three fifty eight hundred eight two three talk count five fifty on AT and T phones. Get over to local story. Something's going on right now, just recently updated. I'm checking Fox nineteen's reporting on this and thank them for reporting. UH northbound I seventy five shut down at Shepherd Lane because of a fatal police involved shooting happened early this morning. According to evenel Police highways expected to be closed for several hours while the state agents investigate. All drivers initially diverted off the highway at Shepherd Lane to Aviation Way to Glendale Milford Road, where they returned to northbound I seventy five. Then police closed Aviation Way, so now the detour is Shepherd Lane to Reading Road to Glendale Milford Road. For those keeping tracking home to completely avoid the area, take Reagan or Norway the lateral east to northbound I seventy one, probably the best route. Shots fired on highway about three o'clock in the morning. Subject was reported down. According to initial Hamilon count emergency communication reports. Multiple police agencies responded to the highway to assist the police officer of the scene. Thankfully no officers were hurt. So just a heads up advanced traffic warning for you this morning before we hear from Chuck Ingram coming up in the next segment. What else is going on? A man arrested yesterday in connection with the building explosion took place in East Price Hill, Sean Kidder, sixty four years old, being charged with five counts of aggravated arson to a person, one kind of aggravated arson to a building that's according the ininsint Fire Investigation Unit. Investigators said Kidder was a resident of the property and knowingly lit natural gas, causing the subsequent fire event. Explosion filed by flames happened in the seven hundred block at Albron Avenue about eight o'clock in the evening on March ninth. Forty four firefighters showed up. They found a four family home covered in heavy flames, missing an exterior wall that had collapsed. Four people had to be taken to the hospital, to adults, two children. One victim found lying in the front yard. Both children minor injuries, thankfully only minor, while one of the adults sustained serious injuries. Firefighters ultimately extinguished the fire in an adjacent vacant building. We have a teenager now in critical condition after being hit by a car in Evanston, according to the Police department announcement since I Police announcing it yesterday four point thirty in the afternoon, roughly police responded to seventeen fifty seven Dana Avenue for what they describe as a serious injury crash. Police said the nineteen year old woman driving Alexus on Dana Avenue hit a fifteen year old pedestrian crossing the street outside of a marked crosswalk. Fifteen year old taking a UC medical center again. Police studies in critical condition. Nineteen year old driver was not injured. Police state excessive speed and impairment are not being investigated as a contributing factor. But if you saw the crash, you have any information related to it, give this insane police department a call. Five one three three five two twenty five fourteen three five two twenty five fourteen contracted school transportation driver has been arrested for touching an elementary student, accorded police in an announcement yesterday. On March eighteenth, Coran Township Police notified by the Northwest Local School District that a struble elementary school student reported quote being inappropriately touched by her transportation service driver clause quote that's in a press release from the township spokesperson Helen Tracy norin thank you Fox nineteen for reporting. School resource officers identified the suspect as Stephen Yates, who's forty one, a driver of a contracted school transportation vehicle. Yates been charged with two counts of gross sexual imposition, third degree felonies. They are corn to the press release, he was booked in the Hamilton County Detention Center about in a little before seven pm. Tracy Norren, spokesman said, both Northwest School, a local school district, and the contracted transportation agency are fully cooperating with police to insure student safety. Now, if you have information about this crime, maybe he had touched other people called the Coran Township Police five one three, three two one twenty six seventy seven wine to want to give him out of an award there Joe Ah go to Ellesmere, Kentucky, bulletproof vest, bullet resistant glass, a police escort, and a police chief acting as a personal bodyguard. Those are the safety measures that have been offered to a councilwoman who claims she fears she's going to be shot by a man who carries an unloaded gundas city meetings. City councilman Serena Owen said that isn't enough. Consequently has missed twenty one of the last twenty six public meetings in Ellesmere. Her fellow council minators and members, rather, have you unanimously voted to remove her from office from missing so many meetings. Process that apparently involves a public hearing and a chance for Owen to rebut the claims against her second term Ellesmere City council woman.
Speaker 8: She is.
Speaker 1: As six I guess they have six members and Ameris sits on the council but only votes to break ties. She was the first black person elected to the Airliner Elsmere School Board and is described as a community activist, also involved with the first Baptist Church of Ellesmere. Again Fox nineteen reporting Thank You, Jolene alamandares she didn't return phone calls or messages from the media partners at the Cincinnati Inquire, but public records requests revealed months worth of emails and a police report are related to concerns about her safety of public meetings. Apparently started when Ellesmere resident Eric Bunzow commented on a Facebook post about Owen, one which she wrote she had waived her roughly two hundred and fifty dollars monthly paycheck for being on council. However, there's currently not a process that permits council members to waive their paycheck, so Owen doesn't cast her checks. Bunzou, for his part, said that just because Owen said she doesn't cast her checks, doesn't mean the money isn't hers anyway. Apparently also criticized her absence from public meetings, which is his right, I suppose in any society that has free speech and is free to talk about elected officials. At the time he made the statement, she had missed nine of the fourteen meetings in twenty twenty four, or five of them consecutively over the course of about two and a half months. Apparently in public records, Owen wrote that she missed those meetings because she had been ill. In twenty twenty three, she only missed two council meetings. Apparently, despite that, Bunzall called for Owen to be ousted from office on several community Facebook pages. The post elicited responses from other members of community, one of whom posted r IP in response to the social media post about Owen. Owen fouled a criminal complaint against Bunzou at the Ellesmere Police Department on January ninth, writing Bunzhou's online behavior and his insistence of carrying his unloaded firearm in a public meeting exacerbated her anxiety and PTSD well you know we got open Carrie honestly, from an attorney's perspective, don't think that's actionable. Five thirty six fifty five kre CD talk station. I feel like we've already stepped into it, but fully stepping into the status. Who've been coming up next? After speaking of firearms, I get to mention twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven and Timing is everything. They have a fantastic selection of firearms. They have a huge selection of ammunition and very low prices. Their prices are always very competitive. You're gonna have great customer service at twenty two to three. I've experienced that quite a few times, and I know the owners so well, and they are absolutely wonderful people employing. They're just the best staff who know what they're talking about. When it comes to firearms. You have firearms you want to unload, but I'm bumped, and they will buy them at twenty two to three, trade one in upgrade you know, just however you want to slice it. Have the place to go, indoor range, safest most cleanest indoor range you're ever gonna shoot on. They have membership options, they have training classes, they have a gunsmith. They have everything you want from a firearm store and again the best owners and staff you could ever find, family owned small business. It's truly amazing at every level. Check out twenty two to three located on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon. Find them online learn more at twenty two to three dot com. That's the number twenty two, followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: It's tax season by now we're all a bit tired in numbers. Forty one really close close to five forty two if you have KCD talk station. A very happy Wednesday to you, of course, Judge of Paul Tana. Today we are from a wine expert, samoy a Keygan Corcorate at eight o five on the tariffs Donovan and Eel looking for a yes vote in the House Senate bill too. That'll be at seven thirty, preceded by the Big Picture with our friend Jack Avid in bringing good jobs back home over the stack is stupid. I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe every Thursday. That'll be tomorrow day thirty as his tradition, and maybe he'll be talking about this one. We have retired fire chief from Maryland arrested on charges of assault and disorderly conduct after cold cocking a United Airline Mind's gate agent with what is described as a vicious blow that dropped the agent to the floor. Oh Joe, is there a flag for that one? A vicious A vicious blow. So I shouldn't be dwelling on this. You're the one that brought it up. Man anyway. Violent episode took place March thirteenth in Washington, DC. Dullas International Airport. Police said fifty four year old Christopher Stewart Critten and Sucker punched a uniformed gate agent and how are you doing that? A bystander captured the entire incident on camera, of course they did. Victim not identified by authorities. Taking the local hospital officials didn't disclose the severity of the man's injuries. A brief clip shows Critten and walking toward the gate, captured from behind as he closes in with a large backpack and another carry on hanging from his left shoulder. As a wave of passengers poured out of eight D twelve from a recently landed flag. Critten in about to step into the flow of foot traffic when the agent stepped in his path, allowing the others to exit safely. That moment video captures Crittin and placing his left hand on the agent's right shoulder while throwing a brutal right hook to his jaw, sending the agent's legs out from under him, and slamming him onto the carpet.
Speaker 3: Do what the hell?
Speaker 1: It's not clear what the agent said to Crittin before being punched, because apparently the video contains no audio. Fifty four year old Crittenin and retired from the Montgomery County Fire apartment where he was captain. According to the LinkedIn profile. It's unclear if he has posted bond, but his booking photo shows a balding, grizzled man looking jet lagged and surly. Thank you to the Atlanta Blackstar dot com for reporting line since blacklisted critten In, banning him from any future flights. No kidding, oh man, unbelievable. People are really just awful sometimes.
Speaker 7: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 1: Forty five fine? Care ce the talk station? No, that's what Landing in the stack is stupid? What more can I say? QC kinetics for pain? You got pain? You got knee pain? Hit pain, joint pain, arthritic pain. You don't want surgery. I'm guessing do you want to avoid surgery and all the pain and long recovery uncertainty that comes with that. Is that a yes? You got trouble sleeping, walking, doing day to day activities because of this pain? Is that a yes? You miss doing things you love because of joint pains holding you back picking up grandkids, walking around, golfing, jogging, whatever you're data activities are, and you miss that. If the answer is yes, any of the four going, how about trying QC Kinetics schedule. If it's a free appointment. It's got Regenerative medicine is what it's all about, taking your body's natural healing properties, concentrating them. It's an in office procedure with no downtime, and they place it right where your pain is, leading to lasting pain relief. I don't know whether you're a good candidate for QC Kinetics or not. It's not for me to decide, but you can decide. Take them up on their free consultation. Just call them up and schedule appointment to find out if it's right for you, if they can help you out. Five one, three, eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. You know it's coming five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five the talk station five fifty fifty five ker CDE talkstation Brian Thomas sitting here in front of the stack of stupid. So let's return. Let's go to Florida as this tradition. As this tradition go. Cops in Florida say man stolen ambulance and lead law enforcement in a wild car chase through the streets of Tampa, Florida. The guy apparently finished at Cannabier before being dragged out of the driver's seat and put into handcuffs, all of course captured on video. Dash Cam footage from the police pursuit shows Florida Highway Patrol troopers pursuing the ambulance as the emergency vehicle runs stop signs, swerves through traffic, and drove on the wrong side of the road and nearly crashes into motorists. After finally pulling over, you can see him downing a beer before officers opened the door and threw him to the ground. Pursuit started around twenty to nine pm Saturday. Highway Florida. Florida Highway Patrol said they got an alert about a Tampa Fire Rescue ambulance being stolen from the South Tampa Hospital Police State troopers found the ambulance about ten miles after the call, came in and attempted the traffic stop, but of course, as you know by now, the driver fled in the ambulance. Law enforcement says forty three year old Tampa resident Michael J. Esquilin was the driver, arrested on charge of a burglary of an emergency vehicle, grand theft of an emergency vehicle, fleeing and eluding, driving while license suspended, resisting arrest, and dui amen. Brother cop said Esclin told officers that had been drinking alcohol for the previous two days and still the ambulance after first responders denied him a ride home. It's my right, all right, let's see, let's stay in Florida as a tradition, YEP. Nicholas Bettencourt accused of killing Diana Maria Rivera after driving under the influence of cocaine and methade. Minister facing several charges for the February twenty seventh infinent and incident in Odessa took place, took the life of the aforementioned Dana Maria Rivera, who was thirty six, and left three of her children hospitalized. Rivera, driving southbound on Gun Highway when Bentcourt was driving a Chrysler PACIFICA minivan, allegedly drifted over from the northbound lane, resulting in the collision with her Lincoln town car just hours after Bentoncourt was released after a Duira arrest corner of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. Bentencourt, thirty three years old, arrested by the Penelas County Sheriff's Office for driving under the influence on February twenty seventh. He was released the next day at nine o'clock in the morning before his vehicle struck Riviera Rivera's around three forty five pm that same afternoon. Detective said Bentoncourt was under the influence of cocaine and meth fetamine at the time of the crash. Shirts of his minivan revealed multiple drugs, including methan fetamine, mushrooms and the m A oxy codone, cocaine Kris Carriso pro Doll never heard of that one, and xanax. He also found drug paraphernalia in the including three straws, two blades, and a broken piece of glass pipe containing methanephetamine residue. What'd you say, Joe, He's his church must be awesome. After the crash, he was taken to local hospital to be treated for injuries to both of his legs. Blood and urinetest indicated the head cocaine and fetamines, oxy codone, benzo diazepines as well in his system when he showed up now facing multiple charges including driving under the influenced man slaughter, vehicular homicide, driving with suspended license resulting in death, and possession of a controlled substance. The Geez Louise, we may as well remain in Florida, where we go to Sumter County, Florida, where a man was not feeling the luck of the Irish on Saint Patrick's Day. Troopers said he forgot to lower the dump bed on his truck, slamming into an overpass, which then sheared it off.
Speaker 7: Screws fall out all the time. The world's in im perfect place.
Speaker 1: Corner, Florida Highway Patrol fifty six year old man from a college driving northbound Ice seventy five in Sumter County one twenty in the morning. Troopers say he inadvertently left the dump bed in a raised position while passing under the CR four seventy five overpass, which, of course, the bed struck the overpass, shearing the bed off and it got struck stuck under the overpass while the truck continued forward before stopping just north of the crash site. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. They were able to clear the highway after the Florida Department of Transportation inspected the overpass, So nothing as uh problematic as the the fire underneath the Big Mac Bridge. Five afty five fifty five kr S the talk station stick around. We've got plenty of open time in the six o'clock hour. If you'd like to call, I would certainly love hearing from you, so feel free to do so. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk Pound Fight fifty on AT and T phones. I will be back right after the news covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day, America's deadline is over fifty five KRC The talk station When you need to know Clay Travis and Buck Sexton. You need to have the chemistry right. Today at noon on fifty five KRC six oh six to fifty five KR see the talk station Happy Wednesday one out from now, the return of Jack Allen in with a Big Picture every Wednesday at seven oh five today bringing good jobs back home the subject matter for Jack's conversation with us today. Donovan Andel follows at seven thirty looking for a yes vote on Ohio Centate bill too. It's regarding energy policy, Americans for Prosperity Donovan and'eil at seven thirty. Fast forward to eight oh five with our somoier friend Keegan Corker and Institut with a guest who's a Washington wine wine maker. We're gonna talking about how terroriffs might affect the wine industry. Donald Trump's proposed two hundred percent tariff on I guess wines, among other things. And Judge Jennita Politano his column Perilous Times for Personal Liberty. You can feel free to call I appreciate it if he did five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones and UH moving away from International News and national News. I just thought i'd bring this up. You know, my regular listeners know I'm a huge fan of veterans. I appreciate them and listening and signing up for the toughest job that anyone can possibly imagine, not knowing what you're going to be involved with or what part of the globe you're going to be serving, and of course fighting for freedoms and liberties that only we here in the United States truly enjoy. But it's a somber note here. You know, there are not a whole lot of World War Two veterans remaining. Obviously, it's been a long time and they are dying, and we've lost the last surviving pilot of the Battle of Britain. John Patty Hemingway, Irish national enlisted in the Royal Air Force before the war began, died on Monday this week at his home in Dublin, Ireland. According to the RAF, he was one hundred and five years old, just twenty years old when he and his comrades in the Royal Air Force took to disguise to fight off wave after wave of Nazi aircraft that were seeking to pound Britain into submission during the summer and autumn of nineteen forty twenty years old. In August of that year, when German bombers were relentlessly targeting airfields in southern England and the outcome of the battle was still endowed, Prime Minister Winston Churchill famously stood before the House of Commons paid tribute to the young pilots who are defending Britain. Quote at the time from Winston Churchill, the gratitude of every home in our island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the British airmen, who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the World War by their prowess and by the devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. Twenty years old Britten never us since revered the few, those few in the Royal Air Force were saving the country during the moment. Apparel Battle of Britain memorial on the English Channel Coast list that of the two thousand, nine hundred and forty one Allied airmen. It took part in the battle. During the Dogfights with German aircraft in August of nineteen forty, John Patty Hemingway was twice forced to bail out of his Hurricane Fighter, once landing in the sea off the east coast of England, before returning to his squadron to resume the fight. He was a ward of the Distinguished Flying Cross for gallantry in nineteen forty one for his part. Hemingway dismissed suggestions of bravery and heroism, saying he was a pilot and had a job to do. Quote the world was at war and you couldn't go somewhere and say I met peace and I don't fight wars. That from a twenty twenty interview with the BBC. And here's a further quote. The main skill was luck. You had to be lucky no matter how good you were. For instance, my boss Dicky Lee was the best pilot I've ever seen, but he was shot down and killed, so he had no luck. I had bags of luck. Four in July seventeen, nineteen nineteen, close to Dublin. He enlisted in nineteen thirty eight, first saw action during the Nazi invasion of France when he flew a fighter cover for retreating British forces. Following the Battle of Brittany, worked as a controller, helping me to direct the arif's response to German attacks, and at the end of the war he served as commander of the number forty three Squadron, which flew spitfires in northern Italy. Remained in the RIF after the war and retired in nineteen sixty nine after more than thirty years of service. That's bad assory right there, Rest in peace, John Patty Hemingway. Anyhow, a couple of things from here in Ohio, sticking to local and you know, say what you want. The Tenth District Court of Appeals to Ohio blocked a state's ban on gender affirming carry yesterday, arguing that the FSCs ban interferes This is, in the court's words, interferes with parent appellants fundamental rights to care for their children. Back in August last year, Franklin County Judge Michael Holbrook upheld the law. In Ohio. The banned puberty blockers and hormone therapy for children under the age of eighteen. Law also blocks biological boys from playing on women's girls sports teams. Yesterday, though court ruled the banning hormone blockers from transgender miners violated the Healthcare Freedom Amendment in the Ohio Constitution. The ban on biological boys competing in girls athletics, though, remains intact. Here's the disturbing thing that I circled in one of the reasons I bring it up. Of course, the ACLU is involved in this. Aclus O High Legal director FREEDA. Levinson praise the decision, saying, and I quote today, we celebrate this win not only for our brave plaintiffs, but for all LGBTQ plus Ohioans and their families. When restores the right of trans youth on how to choose vitality and vitally important healthcare with the support of their families and physicians. We're gratified by the court's decision when soundly rejects the interference of politicians of the highest bodily autonomy. So you can say what you want about that, and I understand the point that they're making. If you and your doctor and the parents all agree that this is an appropriate treatment, which I would argue all day long, it's not. It's my conclusion it's the conclusion of many other nations out in the world that this is not appropriate. There's a lot of literature, legal peer reviews, or a medical peer reviewed science which suggests this is not the right thing to do. But okay, but it's the comment about celebrating the brave plainness for on behalf of all the LGBTQ plus community. This has nothing to do with sexuality. This really kind of just frankly, and if I may be so bold as to say it this way, pisses me off. Lgb is a sexual preference. Who do you want to sleep with? Lesbians prefer their own sex, Gay people prefer their own sex. Bisexual people, well, are really open minded. They don't care. That has nothing to do with deciding that you are someone of the opposite gender. And you know, if I was gay, lesbian, or bisexual, I'd be a little pissed off again for being thrown into the mix with the transgender community merely because that has nothing to do with one sexuality. If you are a transgender person, does that tell you anything about who you choose to sleep with? No, I'm sure there are men identifying as women still like to sleep with women. That would make them straight. And of course there may be transgender you know, women, which would be men who choose to sleep with men. That would mean they're gay, but identifying as someone of the opposite sex is not in that mix. And it I just every time I read something like this, it just raises my ire because they're lumping a bunch of people together that might not choose to be lumped into that. I am sure there are members of the LGB community who do not believe that someone can change their sex merely by making a declaration that I am not a man, I am a woman. They believe in science, in biological reality, and I wish there are more people in the LGB community which would stand up and make the point that I'm making right now. That way they could separate themselves from this weird nonsense that we're all struggling with these days. Anyway, I had to get it out of my system. I hope you appreciate it, or maybe you disagree. That's your prerogative. Six fifteen fifty five care see the talk station. Feel free to chime in if you choose to. And if you have any electrical needs for your home, you need to call a color an Elector. They're outstanding of what they do, fantastic customer service, always done at the right price. And speaking of price, apparently last spring they made changes to the electric code which increased fairly dramatically the cost of service upgrade. So I'm not sure what the changes are, but apparently it's a sizeable increase in the total cost of the job. So right now, call On Electric through the end of April is offering a power up your Home sale, which is great savings on a service upgrade twenty percent off the installation of a new panel in service entrance equipment for your own home. It's for above or below ground residential, single family service up to four hundred amps less but up to four hundred amps, and the pro promotion extends a breaker panel and main service upgrades only. You always with Colin Electric for anything they do for you and your home, get a ten year wiring warranty and you get that for this service upgrade as well. But hey, it's a huge savings twenty percent off, so take advantage of it now. Maybe you got an EV you want to get one of those charging stations in your home. That's one of the reasons you might need a service upgrade, but give him a call at five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two. Online you can schedule appointment to learn more about the company. It's a plus the Better Business Bureau Cullen c U, L L E N Cullenelectric Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 9: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station E on.
Speaker 1: A Wednesday and a happy one.
Speaker 4: See you.
Speaker 1: And thanks as always for tuning in. Jeff at Mark Han, Hello to you and the crew. He I was talking about that the last RAF pilot who fought in the Battle of Britain, John Patty Hemingway, twenty years old. He was up in his his fighter jet shooting down Nazis. Jeff says, whatever happened individuals of that caliber, I'd like to think we still have them, to be quite honest with you, and we probably do. I know there are still people enlisting in America's military, and goblin less each and every one of them for signing up for the service. He suggested. Most of the ones that are left I've had on my show. You know, well, I am blessed in that regard. I had the opportunity to have been able to speak with some really amazing, amazing veterans. So God bless each and every one of you staying in the state of Ohio. And this one kind of puzzles me. I get the impression lawmakers really don't know anything about how the Internet works, and I don't like the idea of children being able to access online pornography. Are you eighteen or older? Click yes and you're in. But apparently some high lawmakers are pushing to require all porn watchers to submit their state ID as well as other personal information before accessing what they describe as explicit content. I got to kick out Morgan Trout. Joe Ain't no flag for us. Morgan Trout from WCPO reporting on this a rule of the Internet, She writes, whatever you're into, there's a video for it, there's no flag for US. Republicans from Bainbridge Township, Steve Demetrio Representative, along with Josh Williams, who's Republican Pennsylvania, proposed HB eighty four, which would require every porn watcher to provide age verification. How would that be done well submitting a photo of your state ID or by entering your personal information into a third party system that will then run your details through other online databases. Now, my emphasis is because you know, I'm recalling how thank you dad, recalling how many times Dave Hatter has warned us about this kind of thing. They said could also use facial recognition technology capturing photos of users, and companies will be penalized if they don't comply. You feel comfortable about that? No ooh. According to the lawmakers, clicking a box that says yes, I'm eighteen is not going to prevent a fifteen year old boy from going to that website. Any reasonable person understands that. And I'm a reasonable person and I understand that. But I also fear about data theft, which red flag Dave Hatter warns us about all the time. He said, we're simply taking some sort of measures from the higher revised code into the twenty first century. He cited video stores where you have to be twenty one in to enter them. It does have support from at least three Democrats. Representative at Master believes HB eighty four might as well be HB nineteen eighty four, referencing the classic dystopian novel about government control by George Orwell. Saying, quote, I would not be watching pornography on a website that required me to upload a photo of my driver's license shed and I'm not sure where this would end up. Amen Dimitro, for his part, argue the companies will be required to have a system that protects sensitive information. Really, he said, it's not like that's stored for a long period of time. It's immediately deleted. Oh really whatever. Pornhub, described as the most visited explicit content provider in the country, as well as their parent company i LO, gave a statement which states they've implemented these requirements, saying apart, people do not stop looking for porn, they just migrate to darker corners of the Internet that don't ask users of Verify ads, it don't follow the law, that don't take users safety seriously, and then often don't even moderate content.
Speaker 4: Well, I.
Speaker 1: Let me just point out something that maybe the lawmakers don't get. Virtual private networks VPN. Dave recommends you get one because it helped protect your identity online. You log into the VPN and it creates the illusion that you are operating someplace else. I don't know why, but my VPN, which I use Nord and he said that's a decent one. He's got others that he recommends. But when I log into Mind, it automatically defaults, for some reason, to Chicago, so it is perceived by those in the outside world that my computer is residing in Chicago. My IP address becomes a Chicago located address. Er Go, there's no law in Illinois that says you can't log into porn site's absence to the photo ID and facial recognition requirement. It wouldn't implicate it. It would just be like, Okay, they're outside of the state of Ohio, let them in. I mean, it's the easiest workaround. You can choose to be in Germany or Switzerland or any country around the world. They've got servers located all over the globe, so you're fighting uphill battle. And I understand the motive behind it. Nobody wants children to be able to access pornography. But let's be practical about this. We have our rights and our security at issue here. We have our identities concerned. Here, we got third parties that'll have all this information, even if he says it'll be deleted. I'm a bit jaded and cynical and skeptical about that statement. But to the final analysis, you can't defeat the VPN unless there's someone out there in the computer world that can tell me I'm wrong about that six twenty six, Corey. I will be happy to take your call. I just looked up and saw you're on the call screen. Just hang on, I'll be right back. Want to mention Odor Exit head dead from Otor Exit on just the other day, twenty five years in business right here in the Greater Cincinnati area making their wonderful products which eliminate odors, eliminate them one hundred percent satisfaction guaranteed, and you get a twenty percent discount right now. So go ahead and buy your Oto exit products od O, RXIT, Otor Exit dot com is where you'll find him. Smoke, mold, mildew, petotors, human odors, skunk spray as the nastiest odors can and will be eliminated, even the dead mouse in the wall behind your drywall. Yeah, that's specifically mentioned on the website. So for an odors, Odor Exit, od O or XIT, they work on everything except the stench of politics. Fifty five KRC dot com tier the Channel nine weather forecasts got a warm but windy day to day with gus up to forty miles per hour. Clouds will build throughout the day. We'll reach a high of seventy and the rain hits about eight pm along with some storms, and they see damaging winds are a concern. Overnight load down to thirty seven with a high of just forty three Tomorrow with clouds and still windy conditions, maybe even a wintery mix over Thursday night down to twenty nine with clouds and a partly cloudy Friday high fifty seven. Right now sixty degrees in time for a traffic update from the uc HOW Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative political trials in the region's only young onset called a rectal cancer program called five P one three five eighty five use CEC northbound seventy five shut down, all traffic being diverted off of the Highway of Shepherd now banking up through the block. When split for over a half hour delay, there's a request spend two seventy five at four they're over on the shoulder chot Ingramont fifty five kr S the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty one at fifty five kr C the Cross Station, A Happy Wednesday two and turn over to the phone. So I'll give you the phone number if you'd like to call in as Corey has done. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three Talk Corey, thanks for holding over the break, Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 11: More than Brian, uh this is a made me think here when you're talking about the World War two pilot only being twenty years old, and just reminds me of eighteen to twenty year olds are considered second class systems, at least there the United States. Yes we're you know, obviously they can't go buy a beer, but they can die for their country.
Speaker 8: So I think it's time of how lawmakers that I pushing all these other ridiculous bills.
Speaker 11: Through anyway, and why don't they push back the federal government and put the age back to eighteen where it should be, Because I think if I ever went front a court to be ruled, just like the Fifth Secret Circuit Court I Louisiana ruled, eighteen to twenty year olds have a constitutional right.
Speaker 8: To buy a gun that cannot be denied.
Speaker 11: So I think it's going to trickle down eventually, Why don't some lawmaker get that ball rolling and get eighteen to twenty year rolls all their rights restored.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not looking for an argument for me, But it's the federal highway dollars that contained the provision that required us to rage our drinking age of twenty one. I remember I was grandfathered in because I was lawfully able to buy beer when I was nineteen. That's when the law got changed at twenty one, much of the chagrin of those who were just right behind me. But the federal highway dollars we'd have to do without, because that's where the strings become attached. Every dollar that comes from the federal government comes with strings attached. It's like the federal money. According to the.
Speaker 8: Trump administration, I don't think they'd enforce that.
Speaker 1: Well maybe right, You may be right. It's a different administration a different time. Those strings do not have to be attached. It seems like it'd be a simple fix. Congress from Massey was on last time and he was talking about federal legislation to allow eighteen year olds to purchase handguns, which they're prohibited from doing right now for the same reason you point out, you can go to war, you can buy a long gun. You can buy a handgun from a next door neighbor if you don't go through a Federal Firearms License retailer. But you can't buy one at an FFL retailer. So go make some quite some sense out of that. I'm with you, Corey, You're an adult.
Speaker 8: It's good time, all right, we'll have any one.
Speaker 1: Good point man. Thanks for calling. Do what Allen's got this morning? Alan, thanks for calling the fifty five Caresy Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome, good morning.
Speaker 1: What's on your mind now? I just wanted to mention, you know, we got all this stuff that the government's starting.
Speaker 12: Programs and studies and all of this stuff.
Speaker 6: If we eliminated all that and eliminated Texas, if.
Speaker 1: People wanted to do this on their own, they.
Speaker 8: Wanted to start an organization.
Speaker 12: To you know, studies of three total frogy to wherever they could.
Speaker 6: You know, if somebody feel that strongly about the stuff that the governments pay it.
Speaker 1: For, why can't they do it privacy privately? Because there's no demand for it privately. That's why government does it. It's like the whole Green New Deal, Alan, I mean you know, we wouldn't be out there, There wouldn't be edicts and mandates if you and I wanted it and had a demand, a market force demand for it. Why are there subsidies to buy an electric vehicle? Why you get seventy five hundred dollars tax coder from the federal government because it's an incentive to get you to do something you probably wouldn't otherwise choose to do. It's crazy, but that's what government does. They typically handle the projects that you know that the free market won't do, and there's a good reason for some of it. But then they run off on a rail and they start doing things that none of us have asked for, and there's no accountability behind it. How do I mean US AID for example, Look at all we've learned from Elon Musk and Doges just looking into that one small sliver of government. Nobody would step up to the plate to fund Sesame Street and Iraq or circumcisions for people in Jakarta or wherever country it was. It was some it doesn't matter, but you know, I mean, like what who thought of this transgender menstrual cycle studies? Another one? Thank you, Joe Strekker for reminding me of that one, which are the same mental cycles that non transgender women experience. So you can have one big class of people that have the human parts previously defined as being exclusively women, and you all struggle with the same menstrual cycle issues. Do we need a separate carve out program for transgender menstrual cycles? Now, biologically it's all the same. But that's what you get with runaway government and an opportunity for those monies to actually stay around Washington, DC and land in the pockets of elected officials or in the political action committees that well are seeking to get those folks re elected to complete the circle and to continue the circle of fraud, waste, and abuse. Six point thirty six to fifty five KR see the talk station. Feel free to chime in. I'd love to hear from you, but I'd also love for you to get in touch with doctors Packing through the dynamic Duo of dentistry. If you want the best dentist ever, that's where you want to be. I've been getting general dentistry from doctor Peg for years and years. It is an outstanding clinic, always state of the art. Doctor Fred Pack is just he's just crazy about cutting technology and I mean all in the right ways. It's all for the benefit of his patients. But he also happens to be in the rarefied air of being an accredited Fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. And doctor Freu, for her part, is working on her way to accreditation. So you got these years of experience with doctor fred Pack and her fresh perspectives. And if you don't like Dennis, you will love doctors Pack and Freu. And I might really emphasize doctor Frew. I hear from people she is just outstanding chair side manner, if I maybe can call it that way. They got everything you want from a general dentistry practice. And plus, if you see that before and after photos of doctor Fred Peck's life changing literally stunning smile makeovers, your mind will be blown as his mind ever since. I've he has a hardbound book of the amazing cosmetic dentistry he's done over the years. It's just like that can't be the same person, Yes it is. So if you're not happy with your smile, you need doctors Peck and Freu. Get in touch with them for all things dentistry. Tell them, Brian said, how many call for your appointment? Five on three six one seventy six sixty six really close to two seventy five Montgomery Road exit. I mean really close, So I call that convenient five one three six one seventy six sixty six. Online you'll find them at Peck p C k Pecksmiles dot Com, fifty five KRC the Talk station sixty one fifty five KRCD Talk Station. A Happy Wednesday to you, and to go straight to the phone. It's got a couple of callers online order on which they receive, which means Paul goes first hold on New Hampshire Gary, Paul, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling me this morning.
Speaker 8: Hello there yet?
Speaker 13: Oh shoot hello.
Speaker 1: Brian, I won't ask go ahead, Paul.
Speaker 13: I'm so used to call the Gary Solden in the mornings. I as Paul Judge. Anyway, what I was going to say is it seems like if you're going to have a particular age limits, it should either the eighteen or twenty one, not a combination of boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, adulthood is defined as age eighteen. You can enter into contracts, you can get married, you can buy a home, you can buy a car, you can get credit. I mean, because the list is on and on and on. Eighteen is the defined a day age of adulthood. You can join the American military and be sent off to war. They can put you behind the stick in a cockpit of an airplane, but you can't buy a beer and you can't buy a gun. I mean, we do. I agree we should. Eighteen should be a period. End of story. If that's the defining age of adulthood, then why can't you be an adult in all things, in all shapes and all sizes. So yep, I'm in fan of it.
Speaker 13: And well, you see, I'm sort of of the same age as you. I'm sixty six right now.
Speaker 4: I'm a little bit older than you.
Speaker 13: But you know I was eighteen. I was able to buy a beer three two beer, I remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 13: However, you know it's one of those things. But dn't on it. You know, you don't. You either have an age of majority or you don't. I one of those situations.
Speaker 1: And there are idiots that are eighteen, nineteen, twenty twenty one all the way up to you're our age that shouldn't be in a position of buying a firearm or drinking a beer. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. But you're going to have an age of adulthood, just call it an age. It's eighteen period. We're over it and we'll deal with the problems that come with it. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I'm most notably, the military angle is to me the most profound illustration. You can be sent off to war, but you can't buy a beer, you amster.
Speaker 13: Gary.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for holding and indulging me on that.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 5: Just real quick, I want to hit up on this USAID thing, the judge and the returning of the illegal immigrants criminals MS thirteen gang members from El Salvador. For judge's daughter was receiving close to six million dollars through a non nonprofitter and NGO through hers. The impropriety with the judge along with the judge's daughter, it makes you think of the whole system of USAID, which is the corruption, all the violence, and all the dosing of the doge not employees but volunteers to try to cut USAID. Makes you wonder how much corruption and violence are actually being perpetrated by your tax dollars through all this USA id and you know, the DoD's got their runner muckrakers, as well as the Department of Education, the Department of the FBI, the CIA. I still believe that those Nazi, the people on the bridge down in Cincinnati, who have been all over the place, I firmly believe that they're one of the alphabet moms.
Speaker 8: Yeah from the government.
Speaker 1: I share your belief in that regard. They're there to stir the pot of descent and provide a vehicle and talking points for folks that believe their neighborhoods are being overrun by Nazis, which I think any rational human being would appreciate that Nazism is not exactly all the rage. They're idiots, and their philosophy and their mindset is well, I would say, quite literally, batcrap insane. So yeah, I'm with you, brother, I am. And that's the reason the Democrats are all pull their hair out in disbelief. Oh my god, I think it's really boils down to our funding mechanism is being dried up. Sixty sixty five kres the otalxtation, Jeff and Steve, get your calls just a moment, just hang on for a second. I want to mention an outstanding operation, which is foreign exchange. I love those foreign exchange folks because they're wonderful people to treat you like family. Assuming you can get along with your family in an environment that will have your car service by an ASSE certified master technician, you will leave with your imported car or traditionally manufactured imported cars Asian or European car, exotic or run of the mill, full warranty on parts and service. It'll be fixed to your satisfaction and more fundamentally, you'll save money versus the dealer. That's what it's all about. That's the reason for foreign exchange existence. They know you shouldn't have to pay the dealer price. They have your car fixed, and it is expensive at a dealer. Well, you know, car pairs are very expensive these days along with everything else. So choose foreign exchange to save money. If your car is getting ready to go out of a warranty, it's a great recommendation to take it to Foreign Exchange. LL do an end to end look at it and identify anything that needs to be repaired under warranty so you can get the dealer to take care of those and then once it's out of warranty, take it up to Foreign Exchange. If your car's under warrantin need an oil change, do lag Brian does and save a couple one hundred dollars every oil change. I've been doing that for years and years with my under warranty German car, So foreign Exchange the place to be. The Westchester location is the one I'm recommending, Tylersville exit off of I seventy five, Go east two streets, hang it right on Kinglin and you're there. It's a very short jog off of the A on ramp or off rand, as the case may be. Online you find them at foreign xform the letter X dot com five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. That's six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 3: Six, fifty five KRC fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRCD talk station and quite a few callers online. We're going to jump straight to the phones order in which they received, which means, Jeff, you're up first. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for having me, mister Thomas.
Speaker 13: How's your day.
Speaker 1: Going great so far? Jeff, good to hear from you today. What's on your mind.
Speaker 2: I got an idea. Let's take some of the savings from DOZE and create a new department, the Department of Hunger Erratic doh E. Twenty five thousand people a day across the world, Guy a starvation. Not only can we take just a small portion of that money and do something about that, it would also be fun to watch the left stit their hair on fire about us feeding hungry people.
Speaker 4: Just an idea, that's.
Speaker 1: Okay with me.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 1: Nobody should starve in this world. We do have an abundance of food, sadly, Sadly, here in the United States, it's abundance of really, really crappy food that has all kinds of chemicals into it which are really bad for us. So I got my fingers crossed. The times are changing along those lines, but I appreciate your thoughts. Jeff, have a great day, my friend. Next in line, Steve, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 12: Bryan, Hey, thanks for having me. I think it's become a tradition. Then, when I'm driving to the Free State of Florida the State Reality and enjoy myself for a while, I call you.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Florida.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my pleasure. Before I get into my topic, I'm assuming you were born in maybe nineteen.
Speaker 1: Sixty six, sixty five, sixty five, So.
Speaker 12: We are real close, and weren't we popular for a couple of years until the rest of our friends turned twenty one?
Speaker 1: Yes, we were. I enjoyed the ability to drink beer at age nineteen, and I was grandfathered in in the state of Ohio and they changed a lot of twenty one because of the federal highway restrictions.
Speaker 12: Right right there, right there with you. But anyway, the reason for my call, I am in the benefits business, insurance business, and I know you know a thing or two from hanging out with John Ruhlman and Cover Sense and all that. You guys talk about some good things that align with me. But want to share an experience with somebody who was I identified themselves as transgender. So I sit down with this employee and I'm not with him in the past, but he sits down this year and says he has legally changed and is now female, different name, etc. And I'm like, Okay, let's see where this goes. Well, this individual wanted to enroll and took up a life insurance policy. Well, in every life insurance terrier that I've experienced and worked with anyway, there are only two genders, male and female.
Speaker 8: Right, So I'm like, okay, let's.
Speaker 13: See where this goes.
Speaker 12: So usually I would just click the box now female, move on next question. I asked, well, I'm female, and I'm like, okay, well, I'm going to click female. And I already know you're not going to get your underwriting just because you're going to be consider lying on an application.
Speaker 1: That's true, We've further.
Speaker 12: Some underwriting questions. Need to answer some health questions. Hey, you've been diagnosed or treated for cancer in the last five years. Well, yes, last year I had cancer. And I said, well, what kind of answer do you have? And he said, well, I'd rather not share. And I said, well, we can't proceed with this. So then he or whatever shares CROs say cancer and I looked and I said you had prosy, said you're female, Well yeah, and I said, I said okay. I said, well that's you're probably not going to get to renderwriting with that. Well I'm cancer I'm cancer free now, and I'm like okay, well, yeah, I hand an operation and got it out and I'm like, okay, so let's see where this goes. Okay, what kind of surgery you had? I had a hysterectomy?
Speaker 1: I did you not?
Speaker 12: This individual told me they had a hysterectomy and they are now cancer free. Needless to say, they didn't get that. They didn't get the life insurance. Clearly, the underwriter called me directly and asked me if I had confused two individuals information on applications. They were like, totally lost. Funniest thing ever. Cannot believe this is somebody, an individual who is just mentally gone. There's no hope for people like that, and it's such a shame.
Speaker 1: Right. I was just gonna say this sounds like some then it's diagnosed wele in the DSM five or six or whatever chapter A version they're on for the DSM. That is a psychological issue they are struggling with tremendously. And let's face it, you know, an underwriting for life insurance, you know men are more statistically likely to struggle and die earlier, so they are not rated the same as women. So merely by calling yourself a woman does not mean that you're going to get around the actuarial reality that your premium is going to be higher. At least that's my understanding. Steve, Thank you very much. Appreciate you call it from Florida. Jamie, apologies, I can't get to the call. We got Jack Aten and waiting in the wings for the Big Picture coming up after the news.
Speaker 14: A full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five the.
Speaker 3: Talk station, this reboard is Spump.
Speaker 1: It's seven o six at the fob Care cit doalk station. It being Wednesday at seven or six. It's that time of the week we all look forward to. I know I do. It's time for the Big Picture with Jack, add and Jack. Welcome back to the morning show. My friend love Hevin you on.
Speaker 15: Morning, brother, So good to talk to you. I always appreciate coming back. Could we talk this morning about bringing jobs back home to America? But because of the headlines, Brian, can we start with a different question briefly, just for you, since you're a better lawyer than I ever was. When is Congress finally going to restrict the jurisdiction of federal district courts. The ninety four local district courts to issue nationwide injunctions against presidents, specifically President Trump, are record numbers so far month. Just to remind listeners, Article one of the Constitution establishments establishes Congress. Article two is about the president and the executive branch. Article three sets up a Supreme Court. But as you know, all lower Article three courts, the district courts, and the courts of appeal, are the creation of Congress, which is supposed to define what they're allowed to adjudicate. So why is in Congress right now under Republicans reigning in these political rogue district judges? Maybe set up an independent court to deal with presidential orders subject to Supreme Court review.
Speaker 1: What do you say, Well, it sounds like a fine idea to me. I'm sure that will be challenged in the court. Jack, It's you know, it's almost like a rhetorical question. I mean, the way you frame it, it sounds like it'd be well within their purview and power to do that. And they could limit the extent of district court orders. And it is rather an amazing thing that a district court can literally shut down an action across the entire country as opposed to the jurisdiction within its limitations. But here we are, and this is what we're dealing with today. So maybe congressional action could solve it. You know, honestly have never heard, at least to my recollection, a politician propose that.
Speaker 15: Well, I wish there would, do. You know, even in Trump's first term during COVID, the beginning of COVID, these left wing district judges tried stopping him from keeping travelers from China out of the US, which might have led to hundreds of thousands more deaths. Anyway, maybe it's something you can bring up with Judge Nepaul Azano. Meantime, can we move onto jobs? Yeah, because if you'll indulge me, Brian, this is an anniversary that I share with Donald J. Trump. The President mentioned last week that it's been forty years since he started warning about a huge sucking sound, the sound of American jobs going overseas. Back in nineteen eighty five. Trump was just a flashy young developer. He'd already created thousands of good jobs in the building trades and did his resorts. But I didn't know about his concern for other Americans, all other Americans. Forty years ago this month, I happened has a bit. My master's thesis at Columbia's Graduate School of Journalism just happened to be about what Trump called that huge sucking sound. My darling, Amesley had finally agreed to marry me, As everyone knows, women marry guys in order to change us. And Amesley sure changed me, just as I know Paul had changed you. Amesley knew I was lucky but miserable practicing corporate law in Manhattan. You can confirm, Brian, that lawyers are taught how to argue every side of any case. Yes, sir, truth truth is not our business. But like you, brother, I wanted to try telling the truth about things that are important. So, even though I was making a good living, and so was she, Amesley encouraged me to go to journalism school, and she even helped pay for it. Columbia back then was a liberal university in the old sense, one that encouraged the unfettered pursuit of truth. So when it came time to choose my master's thesis, they let me explore the loss of an historic source of jobs for legal immigrants, New York City's garment district. I was writing about what I knew. My mother's Jewish family arrived here from Greece around the First World War. The requirements for legal entry were so strict that one great uncle was sent back on the boat, not because he was a terrorist or a gang member, is because he had conjunctive idis. Yeah, my great aunt Molly got a job hunched over a sewing machine ten hours a day while her baby slept in a basket on a shelf. At this time, Manhattan was not just home to lawyers, bankers, and other yuppie professionals. It was filled with middle class neighborhoods with churches and other temples, good schools, great opportunities for everyone. Aunt Molly's boys eventually opened to women's sportswear factory of their own, employing Puerto Rican newcomers and then Asian immigrants. These entry level jobs taught immigrants' essential skills until her boys were forced to follow a growing trend by the nineteen seventies, rising wages, union rules, and federal incentives. Tax incentives encourage the hate this term offshoring of entire American industries. The brothers succumbed to the lure of dirt, cheap wages, and offshore their factory to China. American factories were being strangled by excessive government regulation while the Chinese violated international rules. For instance, read China signs environmental accords, then without protests by US environmentalists, China builds three new coal plants a week. China stamps out private unions, it employs child and slave labor, and China steals American intellectual property from clothing to high tech and pharmaceutical companies. And it's not just China. On every continent supposed to allies rely on American defense spending to protect them while they rip off America with unilateral tariffs and other trade barriers to support their own socialism back here at home. In election after election, Democrat politicians and union leaders have sold out their own rank and file supporters all except government unions, teachers, and government workers, including the federal unions FDR and JFK had opposed. They vote themselves pay hikes and gold plated pensions that add to our thirty six trillion dollar debt. But what's worse, Brian rhinos Establishment Republican rhinos also offshore to every American job possible apart from menial workers who cut the rhinos, lawns or deliver goods that are now made overseas. The so called elite's cheapest workers are, of course, illegal immigrants. The destruction of America's middle class is called free trade by the establishment's bible, the Wall Street Journal, which for years also demanded this five word constitutional amendment quote, there shall be open borders. Back in the spring of nineteen eighty five, forty years ago, I had no idea that that Donald and I agreed about all this, But strangely enough, I did get a chance to meet the man. Trump had donated a million dollars which today would be worth three million for a ticker tape parade, the first and only parade New York City ever held for Vietnam veterans. They'd been spat on for ten years, even by conniving fellow veterans like John Kerry. Trump opposed the war, but he wanted to honor these heroes. Columbia sent me down to cover the event. I started to interview Trump at the parade route, but very politely, he asked me to focus only on the men and women who, unlike him, had served, Many of them now maimed or crippled. Trump teered up Brian as we watched the veterans proudly marching by. Neither of us knew that forty years later I would be retired from journalism, but at age seventy, Donald J. Trump would still be working tirelessly for even more hours every day than Grant and great aunt Molly ever did to bring back home the manufacturing, high tech, pharmaceutical and, yes, men's and women's apparel jobs, the good pain private sector jobs that have always been the lifeblood of America, making America great again and not just a waiting room for government benefits. This is the guy who sent Elon Musk to retrieve our stranded astronauts. Trump is going to do it all again through border security, energy independence, reciprocal tariffs, tax and regulation cuts, and peace through strength. So, Brian, I gotta thank you, my friend, for having me on every week to help cover Trump's American middle class revolution.
Speaker 1: It's my pleasure. And I get lots and lots of compliments from folks who love what you have to say and your analysis and your wonderful historic perspective on things. And I think that's the genius of Jack Adat and you always put things in historical context, and it's I think it's just it's really so important that we do that, because of course those who do not study history are destined to do the mistakes that history will show us the way away from. But it's just it's it's a pleasure having you on the program. I'm blessed to be able to speak with you, and you know, I can very least Brian.
Speaker 15: Those who do not study history have to take the exam again.
Speaker 1: Sort of, it's sort of a rhetorical question. You know, you were talking about China. Why does China get a pass? You know, I put this in the context of our relation with the deteriorating relationship with Russia, and they're, you know, the evil you know, Soviet Union. Fine, and I understand the reasons why we were at had a Cold War with them, but in the post Soviet world, it was a trading opportunity. The doors should have been open. We should have established some sort of you know ties. You know, I talked to Nepaul who went to Russia. He had to go to Dubai to get a plane from Dubai to go to Russia. Because we don't have any direct flights to Russia. And I even asked him, I said, we have direct flights to China, don't we? Oh yeah, all of our companies do business in China, right, yeah, oh yeah. I mean, ever since Nixon opened up trade relations with China, it's been like to go to a place for businesses because they can avoid the regulatory nightmare that is the United States. There's no way we can compete with a country that does not have regulations and has dirt cheap energy because they ignore the cult of global warming and global and climate change all to their benefit. I mean. And at the same time, the same folks that allow that to happen are screaming about how China is this existential threat. Oh my god, they're going to take over Taiwan, They're taking over the entire South China Sea. They're building up their military each and every day, and they're a threat to us. And Okay, so why do we have relations with them? Why do we have open trade with them? It just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 15: And it goes way back in history. It goes back at least to the age of the explorer in modern history. For most of the world's history, big countries the UK, particularly Great Britain, went out and exploited colonies. Yes, that was the relationship, including America. You know, we can go back to the Stamp Act and all the rest. They were taking advantage of us, making us by their manufactured goods while we could only sell our raw materials to the mother country. That was the way the world worked until the greatest country in the history of the world, the United States of America, changed that model. We didn't have colonies. We had a few missteps in the Philippines and elsewhere, but very very few. Then after World War II, we really upended history because instead of taking advantage of the countries that had attacked us, Japan, of course at Pearl Harbor, Germany declared war on us. We decided that we were going to build up all of those countries. The Marshall planned the Japanese Constitution what we did in Germany, and we made those countries, the countries that had fought with us dependent on us. We gave them most favored trade deals and all kinds of other policies that helped establish them again in the world and kept them from having to take responsibility for themselves. And the Chinese were among those the Chinese had been terribly exploited by the British. We'll talk about this one week, the Opium Wars and all the rest. Yeah, there's a reason that the Red Chinese hate the West, not because of America, but because of what these other countries have done. And you know, now President Trump is finally saying, you know what, guys, the rest of the world, we've done enough. Now it's time to have a level playing field. And that's what he's playing for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you know, in terms of the European Union having to defend themselves good, we're done being the policeman for the world, you know, to build your own police force. And isn't that a good thing for them that they don't have to be reliant on the United States. And it's precarious a position as we're in with our trillions and trillions of dollars in debt.
Speaker 8: And it's like if.
Speaker 15: You have a child and you say to the child, I'm going to take care of you until you're eighteen, all right, until you're twenty five. I'll take care of you until you're ready for medicare, I mean, And that's what we've been doing with these countries. And so they have remained in a state of childhood, just as American culture to a large extent. And you know, I love this share. I'm arrested adolescence. At some point people have to grow up here and certainly abroad.
Speaker 1: Amen, jack out it in with the big picture. I always appreciate you on the program, my dear friend. Best to your better half and have a wonderful week and I'll look forward to next Wednesday and another big picture with you. Fifty five care c Detalk Station. Brian Thomas welcoming back to the fifty five Caresse Morning Show from Americans for Prosperity. Get involved, every little bit helps. An AFP will help you do that. It's AFP action dot com. Get signed up and help motivate and state of all in the right direction. Welcome back, Donovan and Neil from Americans for Prosperity. It's always a pleasure for having you on the program.
Speaker 8: Brian.
Speaker 1: Good to be here with you, you know, and are you going to talk about energy today? And we'll get to that topic. I just had to just say out loud, filling the gas tank isn't as painful. It just seems like in five minutes time, the price of gas has dropped fairly dramatically. What magic wand did Donald Trump waive to cause that to happen.
Speaker 4: Four weeks in a row.
Speaker 14: I think of consistent drop and national gas price averages. I think what it is right, there's no single action I think that's been taken. But I think what it is is an increased confidence and the fact that all energy sources here in this country are going to be embraced. Right We're not pushing towards this green new deal, green energy new deal. It's recognizing that we've got to have fuel to fuel our cars and an affortable price right now.
Speaker 4: And folks are making that investment.
Speaker 1: And making that investment, and that is like having a tax cut. You can lower the price of our monthly energy bills, for example. We all benefit from that. It frees up more resources. I just get this idea that, you know, the forces in government are doing everything that they can possibly do to eradicate our extra income and reduce our consumption power. It's like this, It just seems to be this sort of grand conspiracy to limit what we can spend on and soak it all up with outrageous energy prices and you know, increase insurance premiums and increase every I mean, it's just every little bit around us is whittled away, whittled away, whittled away by government action.
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, you know, there's the there's a direct form of taxation, right that we feel every two weeks at our pocketbook. Then you've got the inflationary form of taxation, right, It's that hidden taxation that comes from the government printing more money and spending more money and debuting value the dollar. And then there's a regulatory right, so it's even more hidden. But it's the kind of taxation that occurs through the rules and regulations. The red tape that government creates that makes it more creates compliance costs that get passed on to consumers. I think what we're seeing right now is an undoing of a lot of those things, right, lower taxes, less government spending, and cutting a red tape.
Speaker 4: That's leading to relief for.
Speaker 14: American people after four years of Bidenomics.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and this whole idea that climate change, climate change and forcing energy companies to invest in renewable resources which are not reliable, that drives the cost of energy up too, and of course leads us with less reliable energy sources, and AFP is a hell bend for leather here in Ohio to improve our energy policy. Am I right?
Speaker 14: That's correct, No special interests, no favorite energy.
Speaker 4: We want an abundance energy.
Speaker 14: An abundance approach to energy policy making here in the state of Ohio. And I'm happy to report lawmakers in the state of Ohio have started. I have taken some important first steps in getting us there.
Speaker 1: And what might those steps be? And I got my fingers crossed and includes nuclear.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 14: So we actually issued our first key vote alert yesterday.
Speaker 4: They voted it out.
Speaker 14: Of the Senate Energy Committee unanimously, eleven yes.
Speaker 4: Votes your a no votes. Senate Bill two.
Speaker 14: This is an important piece of legislation that will undo subsidies that were brought in through House Bold six, the scandal written nuclear Energy deil, and will most importantly expedite the sighting process. This is what you like, Brian. I was prepping for this on the nuclear because I know you're a big nuclear fan. The sighting process, so if you're in a state of Ohio, you'll be able to get an energy project up and going within forty five days. The Power Siting Board has forty five days to get to a yes or a no. Give give an energy company an answer and say were failed to respond. That projects automatically approved. And so what that's going to do is it's going to signal to energy generators across the country who want to make investments in energy projects that Ohio is open for business and ready to bring. If you've got a project, you can get it. I did here in the state of Ohio. And you're not gonna have to wait years to figure out if if it's going to be approved. You're gonna have answers within a month and a half on these expedited processes.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is amazing. Well, let's pause and we'll bring Donovan O'Neil back to talk a little bit more about what this might mean for Ohio. I got to pause and mentioned my good friend Peter Shabria Kellowaiam seven Hills and his amazing real estate team providing real value when it comes to buyers agents sellers agents, they are the best in the business. For example, how many realtors do you know that will guarantee the sale of your home? I certainly know one. The only agent I'd ever trust to buy or sell a home the team at Peter Shabria Kelorwilliams seven Hills. They're guarantee as simple. You start out, you agree on a price and a timeline with Peter and his team, and if they don't sell your home by that price at that time, they buy it. That's right, they buy it. It's that simple boom. You know exactly by when your home will sell and you know exactly what the price will be. But they'll probably end up selling it quicker than that for more money. But you got a great results with Peter Shabier Kellerwilliams seven Hills. To reach them, and you should. It's the only again, the only folks that ever consider retaining for buying orange selling a home. Go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com or call them at five one three seven zero eight three thousand, or if you can't remember that, just remember how to spell Shabri c g bris. Type in Schabree group and you search engine and there they are Subree Group, Keller Williams.
Speaker 3: Seven Hills, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Channa nine. Weather says warm, windy with gus up to forty miles per hour and I have seventy to days five eight o'clock storms roll in. They say damaging winds are a concern. It'll go down to thirty seven overnight. Tomorrow's high forty three media wintery mix clouds as well, mostly cloudy overnight twenty nine for the low and a partly cloudy day Friday was gradually clearing skies in a high have fifty seven sixty. Right now, let's hear about traffic editions. Chuck from the ucl Tramping Center.
Speaker 10: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young set coborectal cancer program called five one, three, five eight five UCCC. Northbound seventy five is closed ALI traffic being diverted off of the highway at Shepherd. Then there's two accidents in the backup near Galworth. The right lane blocked off with one of those. The right three lanes are blocked northbound seventy one with multiple accidents before you get the two seventy five Chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: At seven thirty nine on a Wednesday talking with Domin and Neil for Americans for Prosperity. You two can help. Every little bit counts like a my old constitutional law teacher when speaking about the commerce clause, like a flea urinating in the Pacific Ocean. Every little bit count. So take a baby step or take giant strides. Get in touch with afpaction dot com and they'll help you, well, help you help ourselves. Here in the state of Ohio, talking energy policy today was Senate bill to Donovan forty five days to approve or deny a project. In terms of what building an energy plan or a power plan or maybe a nuclear plan is it is?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 6: My is?
Speaker 1: That? Is that? What is this bill is all about?
Speaker 14: Yeah, there's a number of different provisions in there as well as like removing the electric security plans in place.
Speaker 4: Of market rate offers.
Speaker 14: But on the permitting piece, what's really key here is you'll you know, you hear about all the time, right like Keystone Pipeline and these other energy projects that that that get featured in election years. It's the bureaucracy, right, Yeah, the knowing whether project's going to be approved or not that oftentimes can kill these things before they ever see the light of day. I think that's a key part of this, right is that they're saying, you know, if we can we find these it's these designated areas of the state where we need the energy generation to occur.
Speaker 4: We're going to create.
Speaker 14: That expedited that expedited process, and for the rest of them, they'll also have a quick and reliable process.
Speaker 4: I think it's something like ninety or one hundred and eighty days.
Speaker 14: But either way, Brian, what this legislation is going to do is give folks the confidence that if they're going to invest in an energy project, they're going to have an answer within a defined period of time. No more bureaucrafts slow walking the process. We're going to get it in, we're going to get it out, or you get energy on the grid.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm almost afraid to ask this question, but quite often these projects are held up in litigation. There's all kinds of environmental lawsuits. You know, the oh this particular fish or turtle is going to be impacted by and they run into court and court slaps an injunction on it, preventing the project from going forward. Does this deal with those types of concerns and resulting delays.
Speaker 14: Well, that's a good point. I guess it's not all sunshine and rainbows, right, They'll have a little problem known as the federal government, and you've got Firk or nerk if you're dealing with nuclear power. What I think is key here is is, you know, and as a state, we're able to move a little faster than the federal government. So the state's going to get its business in order and be ready to go. What we're going to be then looking to is creating that upward pressure to the federal government it and making sure And I think we've got a good voice and advocate in the White House. We've got the right folks in Congress. We need them to do their part. I think a lot of that happens in the one big beautiful bill that's that's being worked on right now in Congress to get the federal government alignment so that, yeah, we can get these projects done and get folks and relief on.
Speaker 4: Their ENTRANTSIY bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned Keystone pipeline. It was you know, approved across the board and you know, over multiple administrations and only to have Biden pulled the plug on it again when he got elected. It's just I have never understood that. And from an environmental standpoint, the pipeline much better than loading up oil onto trains and sending it on train tracks down to the refineries in Texas. So I just really really baffling. So anything else in this centibil too, you want to bring my listeners attention.
Speaker 14: Well, I think the other thing is these market rate offers. I hinted out just a moment ago. So you know when we originally deregulated the state of Ohio, right, and we said energy generators are in a generator, energy distributors are going to distribute the energy. Never the two shall meet. The distributors have sound a number of different loopholes and ways to kind of put riders and new fees on your bill that get us all scratching our heads and wondering why our bills keep going up.
Speaker 4: The market rate.
Speaker 14: Requiring market rate offers is going to force companies to go to the market like they should in a free market economy and get the best and cheapest options and deliver those to the customers. What we think that's going to help do is bring down the costs on energy and again allow all forms of energy wind, solar, nuclear, coal, oil gas, whatever to compete on the same marketplace, in the same marketplace for your energy dollar. Ultimately resulting in a better product for the consumers. And that's what this bill is all about, empowering the consumers.
Speaker 1: Well, that's wonderful. And lower energy prices mean we have a greater magnet to draw business and industry in the state of Ohio. I mean, can you imagine trying to set up a business in California with the outrageous price of energy there. Oh, look, here's a cheaper option. We've got plenty of land resources and abundant cheap energy in the state of Ohio. I know Viva Grammarstom's landing on get rid of the income tax, whether he's successful in that or not, but that also is a type of magnet. It's certainly worked for Texas and Florida.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, and when you talk about businesses, there's also provisions in here to allow behind what they call behind the meter for large companies. So if Amazon or Google want to locate their big data centers here in the state of Ohio. Right now, many of the proposals have had taxpayers on the hook. If those projects fall through or something happens, taxpayers, the rate payers are going to have to shoulder some.
Speaker 4: Of that burden.
Speaker 14: This removes that provision, removes that ability and says no, Amazon and Google, you can build your energy behind the meter here in the state of Ohio. In fact, we want you to do it, but you're not going to put it on the backs of the rate payers. And so what we think that'll do is allow those private companies to partner with energy generation companies to build their necessary energy infrastructure to put their projects here in Ohio. And then ideally Bryant, would Pence, Vania, New York, New Jersey fail to actually embrace energy abundance in their states, they're going to come knock on Ohio's door asking to get that energy onto the grid. We're going to become a net exporter of energy, where right now we're a net importer of energy.
Speaker 4: We ought to be.
Speaker 14: Exporting our energy to the East Coast, and we're going to be able to do that. I think if CENTEBIL two becomes.
Speaker 1: Law, I agree completely. And you know, going back to nuclear, which you know I like, and these modular nuclear plants which have a very small footprint, not your three mile Island technology folks, for decades and decades beyond that from a technological standpoint, but those big powerhouse data companies. They have massive political influence, they have massive amounts of money, and they need huge amounts of energy to run these data centers. They'll have they can build their own modular nuke plants, and we will enjoy the benefits of it because I presume the way these nuclear plants work, they'll generate far more energy than the data centers actually require, which means local communities can get the benefit of having the nuclear power plans there.
Speaker 4: Yep. And that's the idea.
Speaker 14: And a lot of folks have been hung up on, well, was the federal You know, the Fed's gonna have this stuff go on the grid.
Speaker 4: How's this all going to work?
Speaker 14: I think what we're seeing in Centabile two and from the conversations happening in committee and outside the committee, is we're just gonna We're just going to open up the state of Ohio for energy bundans. We're gonna take this energy abundance approach to policy making. We're going to ask folks to cite their projects here in the state of Ohio all the above, and as as folks see this energy happ generating in the state of Ohio, they're going to come knocking and asking for it, and it's gonna it's gonna end up working out, uh to where this this is going to create an opportunity here in the state of Ohioland so, uh yeah, that's that's the idea. And by the way, we're doing it with how many subsidies, Brian zero?
Speaker 4: We've got fired to have a.
Speaker 14: Rate payers subsidize anybody's favorite interest projects. We're doing it with zero and they're because they're letting the free market, uh dictate how this is going to operate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, that last one was in controversy, to say the least. Political careers and freedoms and liberties in jeopardy is a consequence of that, Shenanigan. So this is a better approach. How come my listeners getting involved on Van O'Neill, Well.
Speaker 14: We're at a critical juncture. Go to Buckeye blueprint dot com. You go to Buckeye blueprint dot com. Most important is reach out to your senators. We anticipate this legislation will be on the floor of the Ohio Senate later today, if not next week, and then there's legislation moving in the House as well, and so most importantly, contact your representatives and say, hey, support energy generation here in the state of Ohio, and you do that by visiting Buckeye Blueprint dot Com.
Speaker 1: Well soon it came out of committee unanimous. Is there really any political opposition to this in Columbus?
Speaker 14: The only folks who are posing this are the utilities because they stand to lose the most in the ability to impact rate pairs with these new writers that they keep imposing on. Otherwise, there's pretty pretty widespread support for this legislation because it doesn't favor any particular group, a source or industry.
Speaker 1: It helps all Ohio residents who consume power and pay a power bill. That's a great news for everybody in the state of Ohio. Thank you Buckeye Blueprint dot Com. Donovan, and you will keep up the great work. I'll look forward to having you back on with maybe more good news next time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely see it right.
Speaker 1: Take care brother seven forty eight here fifty five KRCD talk stations. Speaking of energy, USA insallation will help you cut down on that energy bill. Regardless of what the price of energy is. You got USA Premium foam and the exterior walls of your home, you will save money. It's guaranteed you know and improve the comfort of your home too. You'll notice that day one it'll be quieter in your home to start with. But of course, even distribution the summertime, of course, the air conditioned air be nice and cool regardless of where you are. But if your home is mid seventies or before, you've got nothing in the exterior walls and mid seventies and after at least for a while under insulated. I use my daughter's house as an example. R twelve deteriorates over time, doesn't provide even an R twelve. After a long time, we got the foam for their home, and now they're enjoying the comfort and savings throughout the year. And every little bit counts when you're young folks on a budget, So save the money, do the right thing. Call USA and get a free quote. It is free and it's only ninety nine dollars a month, interest free, and a lot of folks save even more than that on their energy bills. Yeah, huge improvement on energy savings. Three eight one three six two six three eighty one. Foam. Take advantage of the twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year. As well USA installation dot Net fifty.
Speaker 3: Five krc Andy Andy.
Speaker 1: II general line says We're gonna have a warm but windy day to day with us up to forty miles per hour. Clouds will build throughout the day, We'll see a highest seventy and then the rain shows up. Storms even around eight PM and damaging wins are a concern, as expressed by Channel nine. Overnight lower thirty seven with the h just forty three tomorrow, possible wintery mix mostly claudia every night down to twenty nine, and on Friday it's going to be a high f fifty seven with partly cloudy sky is gradually fifty eight right now.
Speaker 10: Time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset called erectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five. UCCC northbound seventy five continues to be as slow go thanks to the closure that has traffic exiting at Shepherd two Rex in the back up right hand side near Calbra North Found seventy one slows before you get into Kenwood to an accident before two seventy five. Only the left lane gets by chuck Ingramont fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty three fifty five ker CD talk station not to conflict with traffic information from chuck Ingram, but u WCPO reported that the I seventy five has been reopened. They were shut down this morning about two forty five after an officer's shot and killed a man on the highway after a police pursuit. Accord of the reporting, the lane's now been opened. Westchester Police Department said a license plate reader notified it about a stolen vehicle. Officers found the car, tried to pull that guy out, but he drove away, and they started a pursuit at Princeton Glendale Road in provident drive intersection. Chased the vehicle about six miles, stopped the pursuit in Hamilton at the Hamilton County line. Even though police Chief Tom Holloway said the department responded to assist with the vehicle pursuit. Vehicle eventually found crash near Glendale Milford Road and even Dell Dry, but the suspect was not on the scene. Locklan Police Chief My God said the press release. His officers also responded to help with the pursuit. He said one suspect was arrested. Another officer found a man walking on Ice seventy five northbound. The man didn't obey commands and was holding something in his hands, and said the officer initially used a taser, but it didn't stop the guy. Pressley said the officer had to resort to use to his firearm after the suspect continued to disobey commands. Officers shot the suspect in the chest medical assistants request, but the suspect was pronounced dead on the scene. So the investigation continues. But apparently the lanes are back over again. Let this be a lesson to you. Just obey the officer's commands. It's a simple thing. He may think the officer's a HASSLRD doing you wrong, but in the final analysis, you won't get shot. Something to be learning this, Joe, Now, who could argue with that?
Speaker 8: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Coming up off top of the our news, we're gonna get our resident, I call him that Keegan cork Run or Resident Somolier. He'll be in studio with a winemaker from Washington and we'll be talking about Donald Trump's tariffs on the imported wine and what impact that might have on us, and maybe it'll be a big boost to domestic wine producers my initial reaction. Anyway, we'll hear from Keegan after that, and of course Judge Jennen of Poloitano Perilous Times for Personal Liberty the caption of his column which comes out tonight. Fortunately I get a copy early. We'll be talking with the judge about that at eight thirty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 4: News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the.
Speaker 17: Hour, not going to be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Tree Health ser.
Speaker 14: Donald Trump crashing the economy, recession looming, What happens next?
Speaker 17: Watch what happens will happen right here.
Speaker 1: On fifty five KRC the talk station. Kishi have eight oh six here at fifty five gar ce De Talk Station. Happy Wednesday, Judge and Andapoloton at the bottom of the hour. Sadly no Kegan Corcoran. He's Mia texted him and called him and didn't get a response from He's supposed to be in studio talk about the proposed tariffs on imported wine two hundred percent I think is what Donald Trump mentioned, what that impact that might have. So I'm not sure if he'll show up late, but sorry, he's not here. But we do have things to talk about, and of course the phone lines are love to hear from you. If you've got a topic you want to address five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk go with pound five fifty on AT and T phones, and Jack Eilden alluded to it, talked about maybe Congress doing something to shore up the district courts and appellate courts. Since the constitutionally establishes a Supreme Court and the lower courts are a creation of Congress, is there anything they can do to prevent these nationwide injunctions from going into place? That's constitutional level question that I'm not quite capable of fielding myself. It'd be nice, but in so far as impeaching judges, I'm not a huge fan of going down that road. It's much in the same way the Left wanted to pack the courts because they weren't getting their way. There are a lot of judges out there they're going to hand down opinions that you disagree with, and that's just in the nature of it. That's what appellate courts are all about. Excuse me. So with that, I turn to the editorial board of The Wall Street Turnal also chimed in on this, as did Chief Justice John Roberts. Didn't say what you want about Roberts, but he's trying to defend the judiciary in his comments and criticisms over going after judges through impeachment, and they write, Democrats in the Biden years try to politicize the judiciary, even proposing legislation to pack the Supreme Court. Now Republicans are getting into this disreputable racket, calling for the impeachment of judges who rule against President Trump. On Tuesday, Chief Justice John Roberts rightfully rejected such calls. The Trump wint The GP upset that Democrats are doing what Republicans did in the Biden era by challenging policies in court. This is how the American This is the American way, for better or for worse. Recall the successful lawsuits to stop President Biden's lawless student loan forgiveness, among other transgressions. Now progresses are turned to the courts to stop Trump's actions, and sometimes they're winning. This infuriates mister Trump supporters who go directly from criticizing the rulings to impeaching judges. Mister Trump as usual piled on on Tuesday he has sailed federal Judge James Boseburg, who issued a temporary restraining order Saturday to block the administry from deporting Venezuelans identified as members of the trade Diragua gang. Trump posted on truth Social this radical left lunatic judge at troublemaker and agitator who was sadly appointed by Barack Hussein. Obama was not elected president. He didn't win the popular vote by a lot. He should be impeached and impeaches all in caps with triple exclamation points. Chiefs Dexas Roberts issued a statement of his own in defense of the judiciary. Quote for more than two centuries that has been established at the impeachment that impeachment rather is not an appropriate response to disagreement concerning a judicial decision. The normal appellate review process exists for that purpose. Close quote. Supreme Court press spokesperson said the chief's statement was in response to press inquiries and did not mention mister Trump at all by name. But his statement is important because it points to the appeals process available if lower court judges rule against the Trump administration. Republicans have a point. The left wing plaintiffs are hunting for judges favorable to their views. Don't trust me. That has been going on forever in Trump's first term. That's how judges stopped his travel ban for a time, but the case made its way to the Supreme Court, which ruled his ban was a proper exercise of executive power. The impeachment of judges has been rare and is typically pursued only amid evidence of corruption. If impeachment is the remedy for everyday adverse judicial rulings, we wouldn't have a judiciary left. Trump's line the judge Boseburg didn't win an election is especially misguided. Under the Constitution, the judiciary is a coequal branch of government. Federal judges don't run for office, but they have lifetime tenures so they can maintain their independence from the political passions of the day. Trump is giving the constitutional separation of powers and other stress tests as he pushes the boundaries of executive power Supreme Court prefers to stay above the fray intil cases ripe rise up the appellate chain, but in these fraught days, it may need to act on its emergency docket when lower courts clearly exceed their authority. So there is that. That's one reason we thought the four dissenting justices were right recently and upbraiding the majority for not hearing an emergency appeal of a lower court command that Trump had to spend two billion dollars in USAID funds forthwith Yeah, I was critical Supreme Court for doing that as well. Mister Trump will win some cases and lose others on the legal merits in the next four years, so as he did in the first term. The best defense against losing is to act within the law, you know, And I get the point. You know, you read a decision like that and you're like, damn it, how can they do that? Well, quite often they're wrong, and they you know, exercise the judicial authority which they've got, and they do it to end Trump's policies, as they did to end Biden's policies. But you can't live to fight an other day. And trust me, you know, as sure as the Sun's going to come up. There will be another administration, and that administration may not share your political beliefs and values, and they can absolutely go after and try to impeach judges that rule the way that you'd like them to rule. So this would be a never ending cycle of you know, lawfare in a sense of going after judges. So I think the guy was wrong this judge. I don't know that he engaged in any necessary impropriety. These district courts issue opinions like this all the time. Maybe the way to short up as along the line as what Jack Athenan said and limit their authority to stick within the judicial boundaries of what they where they are, whatever district they happen to be in. You can get an injunction, but you can't do something nationwide. Just the thought, Just the thought. Five three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three taco A top five fifty on at and t phone another's fun. In spite of the Democrats pulling their hair out over what Elon Musk and the DOS Department is doing well, they did announce yesterday that the Social Security Administration has undertaken a major cleanup they're words of its records of individuals aged one hundred and twenty or more. In release to the Department of Government Efficiency on X of course, they said, for the past two weeks, SO Security Administration has begun a major cleanup of their records. Approximately three point two million number holders are listed at age one hundred and twenty and over. They've now been marked as deceased. More work still to be done. They showed a chart breaking down the records by age brackets. This is just so hard to believe. More than eight hundred and seventeen thousand records with individuals aged one hundred and twenty to one hundred and twenty nine removed in March. More than one point one million accounts with ages between one thirty and one thirty nine, more than one point one million with ages one forty to one forty nine. They had more than one hundred and eighty six thousand with accounts age one fifty to one fifty nine also removed. All those removed, according to the release from the DOGE. Now, for its part, SO Security Administration issued a statement saying that well, we got a lot of work to do. More than a million more than three million deaths reported to US each year, and explains that the agency records are highly accurate. They claim, of these millions of death reports received each year, less than one third of one percent are erroneously reported deaths that need to be corrected. But that's not what's going on here. These are deaths that clearly had happened because nobody lives that long, that they didn't remove from their ranks. They also claim there's no evidence that checks were sent out to any of these, although I tend to believe that I'm sure there were some, so at least they're doing the right thing. Those numbers will not be out there available for folks using them illegally to obtain employment when they are not lawfully in this country to obtain employment. They won't be used by hackers and cheaters and fraudsters to defraud the federal government anymore. They're dead finally, And I just every time I've read an article along these lines, I mean, what in the hell has the Social Security Administration been doing? Isn't this just sort of a normal routine kind of thing that the low hanging fruit that I keep joking about, the dog is finding and bringing to our attention. I mean, they don't have enough employees of the Social Security Administration to figure out that people over the age of one hundred and twenty are not alive anymore. Somebody had to do it. Wonder if the Left is pulling a tarrat about that, how dare you clean up the Social Security records?
Speaker 4: Where I'm from.
Speaker 1: Eight fifteen fifty five kc DE talk station. Feel free to call. We got some time before we hear from Judge Endenapolitano at the bottom of the hour. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: A U line they know going the EG.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: It is your channel nine first one and Wether forecasts warm but wendy with GUS up to forty miles prior during the day today, clouds will begin to build and then the storms will arrive around eight pm along with damaging winds. Are concerned about that overnight low of thirty seven to be cloudy and a little cool tomorrow forty three for the high down of twenty nine overnighte with clouds. It'll start out cloudy on Friday, they'll clear up later in the day. I have fifty seven right now, it's fifty nine degrees and it is time for a traffic update.
Speaker 10: From the UCL tram Thingks Center of the University of Cincinnati. Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset proborectal cancer program called five one, three.
Speaker 1: Five eight, All right.
Speaker 10: Uccccene northbound seventy five continues slow from the lateral into Lachland.
Speaker 1: The highway is open again at Shepherd.
Speaker 10: Northbound seventy one's running close to a ninety minute delay from Redbank to an accident before two seventy five. Only the left lane gets by. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR and see lead talk station.
Speaker 1: Take nineteen to fifty five KR CD talk station. Happy Wednesday, jud Janna Polypin.
Speaker 4: I'm coming up next.
Speaker 1: Always enjoy that. Remember anytime you can't listen live, you got a fifty five KRC dot com, you get your iHeart Mediapo to listen to the podcast or any of the iHeart content, and there is a lot of it. If you missed the Daniel Davis Deep Dive, we talked about Israel, Hamas, Ukraine and Russia. Yesterday Adam Kaylor full hour in studio talking about Cincinnati politics and Shenanigans and John Carney from bright Burton News. Great, great conversation with those folks, and encourage you to podcast at fifty five KRC dot com five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three Taco pound five fifty on AT and T phone. In spite of the order I was just talking about distort Judge James Boseberg ordered a two week delay on the deportation of those well trend de Aragua gang members, and of course, since they were international waters the plane preceded El Salvador irking many people, including the judge, I'm sure. Yesterday US Attorney General Pam Bondi said that the government will absolutely her word, continue deportation flights of Venezuela and illegal immigrants, in spite of the fact that the federal judge ordered an official pause. Hmmm. In her words, actually it was from Monday. These are foreign terrorists. The President has identified them and designate them as such, and we will continue to follow the Alien Enemies Act. The trend Aragua Gang designated as a foreign terrorist organization by the Trump administration back in January. M Yet Boseburg, the judge ordered the Trump administration to turn around planes were carrying the deported criminals back to their home countries. Nonetheless, they were turned over to El Salvadorian authorities and were shown being detained as social media is I think they put them in jail and BONDI for herbart Us attorney said that the judge, Judge Boseburg, lacks the authority to issue such an order, adding that the decision is, in her words, an intrusion on the president's authority. Sh Wenthan, You know, this is one federal judge again thinks he can control foreign policy for the entire country, and he cannot. We're evaluating our options, and those options, of course include filing an appeal with the Court of Appeals and maybe even end up in the Supreme Court. So and you know, I over the years, the ACLU has done some wonderful things, but I do not get them and the representation of criminal illegal aliens in our country. And I find it really hard to believe that members of the ACLU, if these criminal gang members moved into the house next door to them, that they would be real thrilled about it. So anyhow, wait for it. Keep your popcorn out the fat lady has not sung on this issue yet. Let's see what Lynn's got today. Lynn, Lynn Arnold, welcome back to the fifty five Case Mornings. You're great to hear from you today.
Speaker 17: Good morning, grind are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? How you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing very well.
Speaker 9: I just wanted to let you know, give you an update on Young Mareens Stargant Major Ebbie Smith.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's the award winner. She was the award winner. I had the studio right, you brought her in. She is an outstanding young lady.
Speaker 4: Agree.
Speaker 9: I agree well, her and the other division young Mareens of the Year from across the country. The other five plus the National Young Marine of the Year are headed off to a trip to escort ward ward two veterans back to Guam and Ewajima next week.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome.
Speaker 9: The same one that Dakota did, the same one I got to do. Ye.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh my god. I think about to cut all the time because she brought me some sand from ewe Jim and I still have it. It's wrapped around my Patrick Star stuffed animal sitting on my dresser in my bedroom, and I think about her all the time when I see that little vial of sand. Oh that is great. And you know, I just read a story this morning when about a one and five year old guy named John Patty Hemingway. He passed away in England. He was one of the fighter pilots in the Battle of Britain, which fought off all the Nazi planes that were flying in and he died at one hundred and five years old. He was in his plane when he was twenty years old. Twenty Wow.
Speaker 17: Amazing, man?
Speaker 1: Really is how many are going on the trip?
Speaker 9: If you know, typically it's ten of the top young rings from across the country, plus two adult staff members, plus our nationals.
Speaker 1: I keep director. And how many veterans are going to be on that.
Speaker 12: Trip, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I'm excited to hear. The year I went, there were several at least seven or eight, four or two vets, some had never been back.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 9: So you know, spend the whole week with them touring and learning the American and military history of Guam, and then join in with the Japanese on the island of Ujima for the one ceremony a year, the memorial ceremony that they host.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what I imagine at some point people are going to have an allergy outbreak in an event like that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well, safe travels.
Speaker 9: The Mounts buddy, you know, yeah, that's just an amazing well.
Speaker 1: Safe travels, and please pass along my regards to her. And and what what an outstanding organization? What's the website again so my listeners can get in touch with.
Speaker 9: It, nky Young Marines dot com.
Speaker 1: Mky Young Marines dot com. You definitely want to be a part of that organization if you're a young person. N Yes, thank you so much for bringing that to my listeners and my attention today. That is fantastic and I really hope you have a wonderful time. And again, safe travels. I got time Joe, real quick, Glenda, got real real quick. Take your call. You get a couple of moments here.
Speaker 18: I have been frustrated for five years no one is standing up to the national health agencies for banning medical care for early treatment of COVID. Nobody you don't withhold treatment early treatment because then people just get sicker.
Speaker 1: Well, I tend to agree with you on that, and I believe medical practitioners should be entitled to well treat their patients and the best with the best medicine that they deem appropriate under the circumstances you go back to. They banned ivermectin for example. Pharmacies wouldn't even fill prescriptions for it, and that's interfering with the practice of medicine. But yeah, early treatment is important. Can't argue with that one, John, Glenda hang it. Don't be frustrated all the time, though. You gotta let it go from time to time like Trump their agement syndrome. Don't let that one live rent free in your head. But I appreciate you raising it to our attention here in the morning show, Stick around Judge Edita Paltano. He's coming up next to take twenty five. Right now fifty five K see the talk station fifty five car the talk station time for the Channel nine first one and Wether forecast. Got a warm, bit windy day to day with us up to forty miles per hour. I have seventy The rain kicks in storms set to arrive around eight pm, and they say there may be damaging winds thirty seven. The overnight loa tomors high forty three with clouds and perhaps a wintery mix. Mostly cloudy overnight with a low of twenty nine, and on Friday we'll have a higher fifty seven with gradually clearing thick skies. It's sixty degrees right now. Let's hear from Chuck Ingram on traffic Chuck from the ucl Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset coborectal cancer program called five on three five eighty five UCCC seventy one crews continue to work with an accident before you get to two seventy five.
Speaker 1: That traffic backing up to Red Bank.
Speaker 10: He spend two seventy five as a wreck before you get to seventy one. That's packing traffic towards forty two in Sharonville. Northbound seventy five continues slow from the Lateral Pass. Numerous accidents near Galbreth from earlier problems at Shepherd.
Speaker 1: The highway is now open.
Speaker 10: After this segment, check out the new brack and picking podcast called Objection. That's a bad pick from Oddly Enough, our very next guest, the Judge, is coming up. Chucking from on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's a thirty on a Wednesday, here fifty five pairs de talk station. That means it is the time of week when we get the blessing of speaking with Judge an Anapolitana Judge to Polatana, Welcome back to the fifty five krsee Morning Show, my dear friend. Always a distinct pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 19: Fighting a little cold so I apologize for my stuffy and naisily voice, but I'm happy to be with you as always, no matter what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Coming in loud and clear, and of course an advocate for all things constitutional and our unalienable rights, including the freedom of speech. You know, I appreciate your column and as I perhaps slightly controversial given the viewpoints of the detained and booted person, which I can understand being against what her political viewpoints might be. But nonetheless, we all enjoy the right to free speech in this country, at least I thought we did, but maybe not.
Speaker 19: Well the column that you would talk about, which, by the way, I hope I don't speak out of school when I say received the blessing of missus Thomas just gave me a smile from hearing ear.
Speaker 1: I had to let you know she was reading over my shoulder because I launched your email and I was reading the column and she happened along. She's reading, she goes, well, he makes some really good points. It's like, yes, he always does. So she's listening right now.
Speaker 7: So you did well, Good morning to you.
Speaker 19: And it was very nice for you to pass that along, and nicer still for her to say that. This is the story of two people with permanent resident aliens in the United States, one of whom was summarily deported in violation of a federal court order that she stay here until the hearing could be held. This is a kidney specialist, an MD doctor in a Providence, Rhode Island, on the faculty of the Brown University Medical School. The government claims had deported her because she attended the funeral of Hassan Nasralla, the now dead former head of Hesbala, on her return from Lebanon to Boston's Logan Airport. She was detained for thirty six hours during the course of what she called lawyers who rushed to a federal court who heard from her lawyers and from the DOJ and said, well, keep her here until we can have a hearing. You're going to have to demonstrate to me that she's a danger to the proper execution of American foreign policy. They disregarded the order and deported her to Paris and then to Lebanon, which is where she is now. She's from Lebanon. The other case is highly controversial here in New York because it took place here in New York. This is a Columbia University student, also a permanent legal resident, married to an American who's entering her ninth month of pregnancy with their child, yanked out of his Columbia dorm room and shipped to Louisiana. The charging documents there are no charging documents against the doctor because she's gone. The charging documents against the Columbia grad student do not allege a crime, do not allege terrorist acts, do not allege inappropriate behavior, do not allege any facts, do not offer any evidence, but just the conclusion that Marco Rubio, I don't know how he even knows this kid exists.
Speaker 7: Marco Rubio is of the opinion that his.
Speaker 19: Presence on the Columbia campus as a student is an impediment to the effective execution of American foreign policy. There isn't a judge in the country Article three or immigration court that would deport him on that basis of his lawyers have said, look, this is free speech Number one.
Speaker 7: Number two, The Constitution says, if.
Speaker 19: The government's going to try you for anything, it must be in the judicial district in which the government says the basis for the trial arose is that would be New York City. Why is the Louisiana Number three, He's entitled to do processing. You can't try him because of his speech, because the First Amendment protects everyone. So we're at a stalemate on this case right now. But I write about it because of the dangers confronting us if the government seeks to punish speech denied to process and defy court orders.
Speaker 7: I've never seen anything like this.
Speaker 1: Well, I found most unusual, as you wrote in your column, which thankfully I get early perilous times for personal liberty. The woman that was deported to Paris and then Lebanon, the federal agent seized her mobile phone after she was detained and searched through it. Now, based upon what probable cause of what did they have any rights?
Speaker 7: They did not have a search warrant for that phone.
Speaker 19: Right they will claim that she gave it to them voluntarily.
Speaker 7: We don't know that.
Speaker 19: There's been no hearing as to how as to how they got it. But that's a good point. Why did they stop her if the evidence were stopping her was acquired after the stop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found that most unusual. And you know that's a threat to everyone. I know there's a lot of listeners screaming at the radio, well, these damn terrorists, and you know they support the murder of innocent civilians and October sixth and all that, and I'll agree with them all day long. I don't share this person's viewpoints. But as you and I have talked about many times over the years, of Brandenburg decision from here in Ohio protects the speech of hardcore cold Nazis and clan members. You know, it's a great right.
Speaker 19: Clan members calling for I'm going to use the word that the mister Brandenburg used.
Speaker 7: It's not an English word.
Speaker 19: Revengeance against African Americans and Jews. The Brandenburg case is profound A because it is a broad protection for free speech. B because it was unanimous. C Because Brandenburg himself was hateful, as were the things he said. So it stands for a number of things not the least of which is in matters of politics. You can say whatever you want in this country, and the First Amendment protects everyone who's here, not just American citizens.
Speaker 1: Well, And there is a difference between speech and violence and property crimes and taking over, you know, spaces that the university should should have open and free access to for all students. So there's there's acts which may be actionable, but the speech in and of itself is not something that they can act on by way of crime. And these are you point out they were lawfully in our country. They were not here illegally.
Speaker 7: Well, not only.
Speaker 19: Were they here lawfully, they were here permanently. They have families here, they have drivers' licenses here. In the case of the doctor, she has I'm only here in a medical practice as well as being on the ground faculty. The doctor's case is particularly troublesome. She got here because of a shortage of nephrologists physicians who specialize in kidney ailments. The government welcomed her because of a unique skill that she brought to the providence Rhode Island community. And of course the other troublesome aspect is that there was an order.
Speaker 7: Signed by a judge. This is not one of those things.
Speaker 19: Where she's over the water and we don't know if the judge still has authority like this nonsense with the gang members sent to Al Salvador. She was at Logan airport when a judge said, do not deport her until I can hold a hearing, and the blink of an eye, she was on a plane to Paris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's very troubling because everyone is entitled to due process. I mean there was no hearing on all of the evidence in this particular case.
Speaker 19: The only way the president can deport without due process is under the Enemy Alien Act when the human being he wants to deport is an agent of a country with which we're at war. We are not at war with anybody right now, so no one fits into that category. Therefore, everyone he wants to deport is entitled the due process. It's not a jury trial, but some sort of a hearing before a neutral arbiter. To the extent you can call immigration judges neutral, I mean they work for the prosecutor. Who's the prosecutor in an immigration court? The Secretary of Homeland Security, for whom do immigration judges work? The Secretary of homeland security. That's why these lawyers keep trying to get these cases before Article three.
Speaker 7: Judges are truly neutral.
Speaker 19: Nevertheless, you are entitled to a hearing at which the government must lay out its evidence against you, and you have an opportunity to challenge it.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 1: A parallel question sort of came up earlier in the program with one of my regular comment and he also was a lawyer and journalist and historian. But is there something generally speaking that Congress could do by way of curtailing or curving US district does authorities to issue blanket nationwide injunctions? Would that be a short answer.
Speaker 19: The short answer is yes. The longer answer is the Supreme Court crafts the federal rules of civil procedure for Congress to object, modify, or reject. Right now, those rules permit that. I mean, if federal district court judges did not have universal jurisdiction, the government would just defy them by going to another judicial district. That's why in constitutional matters, judges assert their authority everywhere. I'm going to join the president from doing this wherever the president goes. In all other matters, the authority is confined to the judicial district well, why did they take this kid from Columbia out of the New York judicial district.
Speaker 7: Well, it's kind of obvious.
Speaker 19: If you're trying to confine someone, would you rather argue before a judge of Manhattan or a.
Speaker 7: Judge in.
Speaker 19: Lafayette, Louisiana. I'm going to hear it from my friends in New Orleans. I'm going to hear it for the way I mound the way they say Lafayette.
Speaker 1: Well, forum shopping, you know, I did civil litigation, your honor, and quite often Cook County, which is where I did a lot of my practice when I lived in Chicago, was a great forum for plaintus lawyers to shop in. Because the judges were so liberal and so pro plaintiff. You could usually score a really great jury verdict or get a bench verdict there, a lot easier than say, if you went to some conservative judge in Texas or wherever, right right.
Speaker 19: But here you have an express clause in the Constitution saying in the judicial district wherein the events occurred in Madison. Put that in there, because George the third charged Conis with crimes legendly committed here and then shipped them to London for trial.
Speaker 7: And of course they were all convicted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not shocking, Well, very quickly. In terms of the defiance of the court order. The court did have the order, she was still here, was not yet deported. Any ramifications from that.
Speaker 19: Well, there must be, there must be whoever defied that order should be arrested, and that that's not pardonable because that's not an offense against the United States, and it's an offense against the court. So whoever that was, whether it was Christine known personally or somebody, I'll launt that that was her personally, someone along the line.
Speaker 7: Defied that court order.
Speaker 19: If judge I just don't punish for the violation of their court orders, people just start violating them, and the jugoshiary will be meaningless other than as an arbiter in one of the bile accidents.
Speaker 1: And that is a greater concern. That's like calling for impeachments of judges just because they issue a bad decision. I know Roberts came out against that the other last.
Speaker 19: A federal judge. And I hate to admit this because it was orchestrated by my hero Thomas Jefferson to be impeached because of his rulings. Was just as Samuel Chase of the Supreme Court. The impeachment took two years, during the course of which the Supreme Court was effectively hamstrung, and he was eventually acquitted. Jefferson was behind the whole thing. That's the last time they impeached a judge for his decisions. Now, judges have been impeached because they committed crimes.
Speaker 7: Judges have been impeached for bribery.
Speaker 1: That's legitimate, right.
Speaker 19: The basis for the impeachment of a judge is the same as for a president, treason, bribery, other high crime and miss.
Speaker 1: Or the case of the Supreme Court, you don't have to impeach him. You just pack the court so you fill it with judges that are of your political like mind. Judge Henner Topolitano, God bless you, sir. I appreciate your coming to the program every week. I really thoroughly enjoy our conversations, and my listeners do as well. I'll look forward to another one next Wednesday, sir.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Brian all.
Speaker 1: The best, and my love to miss what's her first name, Paul Atte.
Speaker 7: I love to pull that Thomas, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, sir, and get well. I wish you the best to help you. All right, we'll talk next week, coming up at eight forty four to fifty five KCD talk station. Don't go away, have you right back to sh I have eight forty nine I fifty five KRCD talk station. I'm very happy Wednesday too. I heard me the aviation next birth Jay Ratliffe on tomorrow every Thursday at a thirty. I enjoy those segments. Uh, let's go to the Phone's got a couple of callers online order in which they're received. John, Welcome to the show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 17: Good morning, Brian. Mark will Vin greatly disagrees with the judge, and I'm on Mark Levin's side. These people were not citizens, so it's not a free speech it's you. They do not have a right to do what they did.
Speaker 5: I am.
Speaker 17: I support to Trump and his State Department.
Speaker 1: Well that's fine, and I knew to be listeners in the audience that would disagree with his conclusions. But when you're in this country completely legal, and they were full permanent residence status, you enjoy the rights under the First Amendment. I mean, that's just the reality, and you got to take the good with the bad when it comes to the First Amendment, and why I hate.
Speaker 17: What she stands for but then disagrees, Well.
Speaker 1: I think the Supreme Court cases on that to.
Speaker 17: A free speech issue because they are not citizens.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because I do believe the Supreme Court cases pointing out to the contrary on that. So fair enough, I understand your point, trust me, all day long. I do not agree with or abide by her viewpoints at all. Murdering people in the October sixth was an absolute atrocity. No one should ever support it. It should be roundly condemned. But that's the beauty of free speech. We know who the jerks are. That's why I like it. You know, I mean, you have no right to free speech, and you got these people squirreled away in corners and engaging in conspiracies and keeping their thoughts and comments out of the from away from the public discussion. At least we can point to her as someone who we disagree with completely, and we only know to point to her because well, she spoke out loud. So fair enough on that one. Let's see what Jay's got this morning. Jay, thanks for calling the Morning Show. Happy Wednesday, to you.
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning, Brian Coincidentally, I was going to cite Mark Levin myself was listening to a podcast of him last night where he brought up Marbury versus Madison, which in eighteen o two. I believe there was a political deal between the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and the incoming what I will call Republican administration. And the deal was, look, I'll give the Republicans their judges and in return, we get this idea of judicial review where the Court now gets to decoremin what's constitutional. And as Mark Levin said, based on what, based on nothing, based on it was just a power grab. And whenever the Court took that judicial review and it wasn't stopped, the balance of power, the ability to hold each other accountable between the three branches was broken. And I think it's true when you take a look and say how infrequently are judges thrown out? It is very rare. Now, if it's only because when they can commit a crime is when they can be impeached, that's a shame. Because you take a look at somebody like Soda Mayor who has no qualifications, or Katanji Brown Jackson, you can't tell what a definition of a woman is we don't need to wait for a crime to be committed. We need to take a look at the resume and say, yeah, not good enough because Barack Obama or Joe Biden put you in here.
Speaker 12: Not good enough.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I do not think you need to be a lawyer to be a justice on the Supreme Court.
Speaker 16: I think you're right, yeah, but but but but what keeps.
Speaker 12: Us from from from from somebody from tyranny?
Speaker 16: From tyrants like Biden and Obama and Clinton. And you'd keep going back making these lifetime appointments that are political appointments because they got the right theology between their ears they're communists, and then we have to live with it through their lifetime. It doesn't seem like what was the founders. The founders never laid that out, that they would have this judicial review of this uber power. And what we've got is a district court justice getting involved in the executive branch and there's no way to stop them.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think the found no way to.
Speaker 16: Keep this balance of power.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, Well, the pendulum swings back and forth. You know, I remember the Warren Court and all these seemingly radical decisions that came out in the Warren Court days and people pulling their hair out. We survived that and actually worn Court delivered some pretty profound decisions along the lines of, you know, constitutional freedoms and liberties being protected. It's just which under which lends you view it. But that's what the rest of the justices are for, and that's what elections are all about. You know, you're gonna get some kind of left wing nutcase. If you've got a bunch of left wing nutcases that we elect's that's how it turns out. But fortunately that's not the case. Right now. We've got at least got a balance of power that's in favor of a more constitutionally based, principled judiciary, and we will survive to live another day. I appreciate the call. I really do real quick here, and thanks to Andrew Pappis for letting me know about this. The Yellow Ribbon Support Center they're doing a let Us Never Forget Scholarship center in the name of Matt Moppin. I hope you all remember Matt and he was captured in Iraq on the ninth of April back in two thousand and four. And of course most of my listeners know he lost his life there. But it's Yellow Ribbonsupport Center dot com. It's at the Oasis Conference Center on Lovelm at Mainville Road, five pm, March fifteenth, twenty twenty four. I can't be that's past. I just read it for the first time. I thought it was accurate information. This is a year old Drew Pappus, so maybe they're doing it again. It's a different day. I apologize for that anyway. Let us see here, cooking releases volatile organic compounds that can contribute to ozone pollution. According to Noah, they found that potent and off and punging volatile organic compounds giving off from cooking food are now responsible for over a quarter of the ozone production from volatile organic compounds generated by human activity. So they used to come after their stoves. They're coming after your coal fired pizza. They're coming after your internal combustion engine automobile now and your gas stove. You're not allowed to eat now, at least you're not allowed to cook. Ah, if you didn't get a chance to listen to Jack Aden and always knocking it out of the park as he did today podcast at the five krs dot com learn about Senate bill to and support it all of the above energy strategy Here in Ohio. We heard from donalvdan'neila on that one, and I just of course judging out Apolitano perilous times for personal liberty. Feel free to disagree. That's what the morning show is all about. Opinions abound, and that's why I enjoy having to judge on sometimes controversial anyway. Tomorrow, Jay Ratliff, I heard media aviation expert as always. Thank you Joe Strecker for producing the program. I certainly appreciate you every single day of the week, and I hope folks will stick around because Glenbeck's coming right up.
Speaker 4: News happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 7: We're moving very quickly.
Speaker 1: At fifty five KRC, the talk station