Speaker 1: All right, quit eping with our show. You're gonna ruling it. Get except with similar sweet pursuing it. Paddled out shaw shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at the Eagle? Yeah? We two in it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a goat status, Howard starting to get rattic. Shows that up multiplied like a rabbit. Tune in, zone out, crank it up, beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm on, I hang out with her friends, rocking on the ladio.
Speaker 3: My moy Skin in his hand, talking on the radio.
Speaker 4: It's time to to this false again.
Speaker 3: All then we go kt to the stream, up in on on the radio.
Speaker 2: Hot diggity, damn it. It's a Tuesday on the Eagle. Thank you for listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. We appreciate you making us a part of your daily routine. I'm Ben Rogers, joined by Jeff Skin, Wade, Kevin k T. Turner, and Christina Little Baby corn Bread, Ray k Ray Ray Ray, and we're all hands on deck today, excited to be here.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Skin and I are old. We're old dudes. We've known each other since eighty two, if that tells you anything. You're old, gosh so old? From Richardson, what is our generation? That's us, that's we're gen X. Yeah, we're gen X and that's audio of our souls.
Speaker 5: We I am.
Speaker 3: Nice place to sit. My kids make me more time.
Speaker 2: And the young people on our show are KT and Christina. Now you guys are millennials, right, I am you too, Okay.
Speaker 6: I love nothing more than going home and sitting down.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay. She's kind of a weird millennial though, because she knits.
Speaker 6: Right, that's true, and I read a lot.
Speaker 2: She knits, she reads a lot, but she thrashes a guitar under Nirvana cover band.
Speaker 3: She's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a what is that called a she's autistic?
Speaker 3: Autistic?
Speaker 2: Oh you're saying said artistic. You can't peg her down, You can't say she's this or that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a wild card. She could peg you and say you are a true millennial. Right, would you peg him? Christina?
Speaker 4: I'll go out when I get paid to go out, like my concerts, right, I get paid for those, Okay, and they are really really fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love fun.
Speaker 5: Old peg thing you're talking about, that's more of a baby boomers thing. Honestly, it's just kind of secret. They're not open about it.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a steely Dan song.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you guys are the young people on our show. You'll you are millennials. And I read this in the Ringer. It said, twenty five years into the twenty first century, the millennials heyday is in the books. Now it's time to determine which person, place, event, or even behavioral tick best encapsulates the generation. And they have a bracket, so we're gonna fly through this. Okay, can I throw something out there? I think best encapsulates the millennial. Yes, bitching about the other generations leaving them without opportunities.
Speaker 3: I think that is the key millennial trait.
Speaker 6: I think there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people our age who actually got a lot of money from their parents and who were babied by their parents a lot.
Speaker 6: So I wouldn't say we complained.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think every generation complains about the generations before them.
Speaker 3: That's fair, that's pretty true.
Speaker 2: I do think that the millennials we work with are super unique too, because they're incredibly hard working and laid back and right. Yeah, not y'all good, y'all have good work, because one of the knocks on millennials is they're like, I'm here, let me have everything I want. Okay, now there's that, But there's also so the knock on on our generation gen X was that we were cynical and that we were slackers. Like that's what was tagged on us. Yeah, they were pegged, we were tagged yes, right, yeah, but I would I would also say that there is this fear or anks or anxiety amongst the millennials. It's like the whole house buying thing that both of you guys went through.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, so when are the boomers going to die and leave us something? In fact, there's a whole SNL parody about that, millennials complaining that the boomers have everything and won't give it out right, Okay, So this is the bracket, all right, this is the cringe region. The number one seed versus number sixteen seed s Guinea jeans versus no show socks, No show socks of those I'm no show socks guy, by the way, till the day I die. Yeah, match up the eight seed versus nine seed, MySpace versus Disney Adults.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Disney yet.
Speaker 2: It's a Disney adult I think it's like people in their twenties and thirties that are still super stoked.
Speaker 3: Like I've got some friends.
Speaker 2: There are family musicians called the Grays and they do a whole Christmas music special based on Disney.
Speaker 4: So okay, I thought it was some like streaming platform or something.
Speaker 6: I love Disney still. Oh, it's like one of those.
Speaker 3: Disney Bolt is like porn.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll just mention the match up and you tell me if any if you just jump in if it, if it means anything to you guys. BuzzFeed versus Maclamore's text apology to Kendrick.
Speaker 3: I'm not even aware of the text apology to Kindrick. Girls versus Denver, Portland or Austin the HBO show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, watched it. I was telling you guys the other day. I think it's a good show. The whole Portland, Austin, Denver thing is great. It's like, which is which of those cities? Would you you know it's the whole hippie city. Is that a thing that people discuss them this discussion? Yeah, it's like those are cities where they do the whole keep it weird vibe, same slogan.
Speaker 5: The ringers not speaking to me more of a Grantlin guy. All Right, student loan debt or Glee? I still have student loan debt, so it is weird. Glee went on tour. That's a weird thing that happened. Are you guys aware of what's happening with student loan debt?
Speaker 3: Is it about to get.
Speaker 2: They're making legislation to garnish your wages if you have student loan debt.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a backlash to the previous The previous administration was going to like let you off the hook, so the new administration is like, no, We're gonna garnish your wages.
Speaker 3: I've only heard the term garnish your wages from Alan Thick.
Speaker 2: All Right, I only heard it in Fleck Fletch. All Right, we can't have our wages, can we?
Speaker 3: We are young? By Fun?
Speaker 5: That's the worst song ever created.
Speaker 3: Garden State.
Speaker 6: We're gonna pick garden State because.
Speaker 2: By the way, the lead the lead guy in Fun was dating Lena Dunham when they won their Grammy for that song.
Speaker 3: All Right, the Office or net Netflix and chill two things I love doing.
Speaker 5: Go into the office watching the Office, just having a random meeting at the office.
Speaker 6: Our generation is obsessed with the office.
Speaker 2: And the interesting thing about this matchup is the office got New Life on Netflix. Yeah, okay, Harry Potter fandom versus Dubstep Christina.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Harry Potter all the way two things. Yeah, Step, you have to go out and do right. No, it's like a style of music.
Speaker 2: Here's some more. This is That was the cringe bracket. This is the away message region.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: Aol Instant Messenger versus Livestrong bracelets. Oh yeah, the Olsen Twins versus Tony Hawk's pro Skater two.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. I learned so many songs on.
Speaker 2: That Emo versus quitting Facebook but not Instagram.
Speaker 4: Okay, we didn't even have have Instagram.
Speaker 2: That's right, weird, no, no, no, But what the whole point is that you guys are now leaving your heyday, so you were adults with Instagram.
Speaker 3: Speaking of blogging versus adulting, I.
Speaker 2: Did love to blog Zanga shout out quoting Anchorman versus tender quoting Anchorman All Day, Motorola rasor versus Donald Glover.
Speaker 3: Mimennials do love Donald Glover for good reason.
Speaker 2: He's a bad as absolutely hashtag no filter versus Hayho music, I don't really know, illuminears oh Jesus, oh yeah, yeah, stop music.
Speaker 3: You know like that.
Speaker 2: There's the crow Nut region, the Obama Hope poster versus I p.
Speaker 3: A's that's great. Oh that's so good. Williamsburg versus Chipotle.
Speaker 6: M why did you.
Speaker 3: Somewhere Chipotle? Chipotlet?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: I have to if I go to Chipotle whatever you called it, I have to have I got to make sure that there's a bathroom in between my car and the front door of Chipotle.
Speaker 3: Really, it's instant.
Speaker 2: It's like my wife goes, I guess that's just too much healthy fiber for you to possibly comprehend.
Speaker 3: In your diet. What are you're putting on there? Those Mike Nains though.
Speaker 2: All right, original recipe for loco versus cereals.
Speaker 5: Were a big deal, but I never messed around with it. What is it?
Speaker 4: It was alcohol and energy drink alcohol, energy drink, and man, we had a lot of those in college.
Speaker 3: Okay. I did listen to the first season of the serial podcast.
Speaker 2: Yes, the two thousand and eight Financial Crisis versus Urban Outfitters. Yeah, I love Urban Outfitters. The two thousand and eight financial crisis impact. You guys, y'all were babies, didn't own anything, all right, parents talking about yeah, finishing out this region, mean girls, open floor plans, bacon girl talk, never owning a home, vine, avocado toast and kale I love Vine.
Speaker 3: Okay, the old eight second video app Oh, here we go the TRL region.
Speaker 2: You're ready for this, okay, mister bright side by the Killers going back and forth between liking and hating and Hathaway's Urban strange.
Speaker 3: That is strange. I never had any problem with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mg M T versus Vampire weekend of course, the old Kanye versus college humor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, old Kanye still stands attest the time to have that back and whatever he is now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, super Bad versus the Carter three. Hello, Wayne, guys, So Superman for Britney Spears versus Going Out Tops. I don't know what that means. Okay, I don't know what that is. I take the Carter.
Speaker 2: The sound of the iPod wheel versus Crank that by Soldier Boy, Lime Wire versus Lebron James Sorry, Lebron me Limore, Sexy Vampires versus Josh Schwartz's TV shows Hell Yeah. By the way, the next generation gen Z after you guys. They all worship Lebron, probably more than y'all do.
Speaker 6: My sister is obsessed with him.
Speaker 3: My son wants to fight me over Lebron. Really. Oh, he loves him.
Speaker 2: I mean he loves he brought he can recite every stat every accomplishment he's and he's not even his favorite player, like he likes Anthony Edwards. But dude, if you say anything to besmirch the great Lebron, He's like, you're a pump?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: Why do you think that is? I just he I don't know. That's a great question. When you just respect Dirk. Yeah, thank you. You're dead to me, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, show him that video of him and Dwayne Wade making fun of Dirk and then tell him.
Speaker 3: To get the hell out of your house. I think my son likes Dwayne Wade. He was going to get a d Wade jersey just to spite me. Oh God, I respect that you got a rebel against your dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, coming up next uh in just over three minutes, things skin Wade is tracking. We're gonna take a skin man. We have even more stuff on Bill Belichick.
Speaker 3: We need to get to oh my God.