Speaker 1: Hey, thank you for tuning in to Laura Kane after Dark. I'm Laura Kane. And after I introduced my co host Eric Wow, thank you welcome.
Speaker 2: It took a lot to get this going today.
Speaker 3: I take a village.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, let's introduce our producer, Brian Hi. Okay, So before I get into the show, I want to know if this is happening to you guys or if it's just me. But for the last three days when it's been so incredibly hot, have you has it changed your personality? Have you been like completely on edge and like I'm at diseasy right now?
Speaker 4: No, I've been delight.
Speaker 2: Is it the weather?
Speaker 5: I mean there's some people that are monsters right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I literally did not go outside of my house today barely because I just couldn't deal. But I'm like, I was googling it, and I think the weather does have an effect on your mental health. And you know, there's other things, like you know, dehydration. So I've been trying to drink a lot of like the I put those like hydration packets in my drinks.
Speaker 2: But man, have I been grumpy and I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I know some people that love summer, but the second hits one hundred. Oh they are they are the amlins.
Speaker 2: So this is the deal with the weather.
Speaker 1: Okay, tonight, the heat advisory ends tomorrow. It's supposed to cool down a little bit, and then a little bit more and then a little bit more.
Speaker 2: So we hit the worst of it.
Speaker 1: I think the worst of it is yesterday and today tomorrow will be much better. So hopefully my personality will be back to God, I hope. So it really affected me this time. I don't know why, and I don't like it. I think it's horrible. I would like to say happy birthday everybody, because September ninth is the most popular birthday of all, according to Yes.
Speaker 5: Followed closely by our greatest national tragedy. No Yes, the twelfth, No here is not the most popular birthday, followed closely by our greatest national tragedy.
Speaker 1: Why did you say that? Because I was talking about September. What I'm like, this has totally gone over my head. What I'm talking about is birthdays is the most common birthday of everybody.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to read you it's a common birthday of the ninth. I said sadly, which is closely followed by our greatest national tragedy.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, I'm putting two and two together.
Speaker 5: Yeah day followed by sad Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thanks for bringing it down.
Speaker 5: Well it was, it was kind of a one off.
Speaker 3: And tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to read you why.
Speaker 1: September is the biggest month for birthdays. So September ninth is the most popular according to Social Security Number one, Number two September nineteenth, and then next is September twelfth. The top ten are actually all days that fall between September ninth and September twentieth, because if you count backward forty weeks, you get to early December when everybody's celebrating and maybe you have a date night at a party and you drink a little too much and then you you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, b bang but ba boom and you get pregnant. Yes, I would assume that's what they're saying.
Speaker 5: November because of Valentine's Day.
Speaker 2: November, I mean February.
Speaker 5: No, because forty weeks after oh you mean, okay, well before November is Valentine's Day, okay, okay, or his brain has just melted to I know, I know.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm on a one track mind.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: More babies are made in the lead up to the holidays than any other time of the year because there's more cheer in the year. And despite that fact, September somehow isn't the most common month to be born. That's August. July is next, September is third. The least common month to be born is February, partly because it has the fewest days, and then April and then November. So I just wanted to give you in case this is your birthday today or if you have a September birthday, here's where you can get.
Speaker 2: Some free stuff.
Speaker 1: A list that is legit where you can go on your birthday and get free things.
Speaker 2: A free drink at Starbucks.
Speaker 1: You can get a free Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's. You can get free pancakes at I Hop, free curly fries at Arby's, a free desserted out back Olive Garden or TGI Fridays Are there any.
Speaker 2: More TJ every Fridays?
Speaker 1: And you get a free scoop of ice cream at Baskin Robbins.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So enjoy your birthday if you do have a September birthday. All right, we have a very special guest on tonight. We do this guest is a lot. He's he's a lot, which is we're going to unravel him. His name is Michael Adam Cohen.
Speaker 2: Cohen.
Speaker 1: He is an inspiring thought leader. He's a visionary, he's an influencer. He's an overcomer of great obstacles and so he has a story to share it with us all. And he's helping kids and he's doing a lot of great things. He has a podcast which we will promote, Aspire to Greatness. And yes it's a magazine, I mean yes, And so this I can't wait to talk to him to hear how we went from what he dealt with as a younger person to where he is now. So he will be joining us. Double D News includes who died?
Speaker 2: Did you hear who died?
Speaker 4: I'm sure you did.
Speaker 2: Who's a new billionaire? Did you hear that?
Speaker 5: I have that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: And do you know who's performing the halftime show?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: I heard, and I don't care.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll talk about all of that.
Speaker 1: And did you know that all big lots are closing in San Diego County?
Speaker 4: They already have closed, not all of them. Oh they haven't.
Speaker 2: Don le Mesa I think is in the process.
Speaker 1: But you know what, come on, Yeah, if you have Ross, Marshall's and TJ Max big lots every once in a while, while I had something like kind of cool, but I never.
Speaker 4: Was really what was the furniture line that they carried It wasn't Ashley. What was it again? Oh god, I don't I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, So before we get to let's start with the double D. Let's just like launch.
Speaker 4: You just go in there and are you going to be my correspondent again? Yeah, I love one of the things that I don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, great.
Speaker 1: First we want to talk about our fabulous sponsor, La Joya Cosmetic surgery Center.
Speaker 2: This is where you could go.
Speaker 1: They have the skinny shot now, so they have like a doctor or you can go and it's a program, get the skinny shot. Do it at LOOI Cosmetic Surgery Center. They have some great deals right now on procedures google them or find them online or sput a loricane after dark dot com.
Speaker 2: But here's more about cosmetics.
Speaker 4: Almost at my goal weight, which is my birth weight, so I'm almost there.
Speaker 3: That's sick. All right.
Speaker 2: Here they are.
Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just just something special for yourself.
Speaker 2: You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 4: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right.
Speaker 4: Now, free consultations. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 2: Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you.
Speaker 1: We love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 4: Go to glamfam dot com.
Speaker 2: Cue the music, please double D music.
Speaker 4: All right, all right, guess who's getting divorced?
Speaker 3: Um?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jay long they already announced that.
Speaker 4: I don't know, oh Rachel Zoe? Oh okay, she was with her husband for thirty three years. They were married for twenty six They are getting divorced. Oh no, Now, maybe she'll lead a Hamburger.
Speaker 2: I doubt it, but that's sad.
Speaker 1: They seem to have like a really good marriage with those cute little bomby head kids that they have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, and she was the host of the Rachel Zoe Project. He's a stylist in La big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: James Earl Jones died at ninety three. He is the voice of Darth va Okay, put a.
Speaker 5: Little respect behind that. This is an insane like day. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: This is the most one of the most iconic voices that ever hit the planet. Actually, yeah, yeah, he doesn't get it next to mine, Okay, Darth Vader, I mean, greatest movie villain of all time, yes, of all time, biggest franchise of all time, of all time, and he hit he made it like he made that role with that deep, deep voice and the way he played it. And he did a lot of other narrations and a lot of other films.
Speaker 5: So it was cool as Darth Vader.
Speaker 4: Who.
Speaker 2: So I'll rest in peace, I know.
Speaker 1: James Earl Jones a nice ninety three years on this planet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, Beyonce was fully snubbed for all twenty to twenty four CMA Awards and the bee hiveh of his pissed. They are mad.
Speaker 2: Wow, she didn't get one, not one nomination nod.
Speaker 4: But that album was so not a country album.
Speaker 1: It what though there are some that sound way country ish. It's kind of like half and half, so maybe they just didn't consider it.
Speaker 4: Had everything in there but the kitchen sake.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so behive is mad. So everybody you know what happens when like the Swifties and stuff get pissed. Oh yeah, so sleep with one eye open, right right. Tyrese Gibson remember him from Fast and the Furious. Yes, he was arrested for unpaid child support. He needs to come up with seventy three thousand to get released.
Speaker 5: It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: I know, dude, she's kind of funny too, your child support.
Speaker 5: He's got money too.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 1: People get crazy when you get divorced and you have these things, and I remember, oh my gosh, I had to pay child support at one point because it's a four miula you you you know, custody. How much cust do you have how much you make blah blah blah. Writing that check every month. It like, I was so bitter. It's divorce sucks so hard, and I knew it was for my kids. But at the same time, in the back of my mind, I'm like, oh, but I bet they're using that to like go out to dinner and wine and dine and like buy something new, like a new TV or something.
Speaker 2: It just used to piss me off, But.
Speaker 1: I so, I understand you should pay it. You have to, it's court ordered, but I understand the anger behind it. Let me just say that I don't know. I probably shouldn't have.
Speaker 4: Said that at all.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's relatable. I don't know if you've been through a contentious divorce. I have, but you know you've been through a contentious divorce.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, guess what just premiered on Friday?
Speaker 2: Beodle Juice. Beetlejuice.
Speaker 4: Well, that was great, did you see it?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it made like a.
Speaker 4: Hundred million Yeah, it was really really good.
Speaker 5: I'm worried I won't like it since he likes.
Speaker 1: It, is uh Michael Keaton in it is he be Oh good, okay, good, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then Jenna Ortega.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jenna Ortega.
Speaker 2: Isn't it so it.
Speaker 1: Was equal to the original Beetle Juice, better different.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was a very very good It surprisingly isn't for kids.
Speaker 3: There was not one.
Speaker 4: It was sold out a lot.
Speaker 2: There was not one kid GG thirteen R what is it?
Speaker 4: I think it's PG thirteen, But it wasn't.
Speaker 3: It's a little.
Speaker 2: Intense for oh, just like action wise to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The first one wasn't really for kids either.
Speaker 4: No, this one had a lot of adult humor.
Speaker 3: It was gory.
Speaker 2: Oh, kids will be fine. Oh okay, break My kids would have been.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Your son I think watched The Exorcist with you at like four years old. H yeah, I know you.
Speaker 5: Well done, Laura, well done.
Speaker 4: And I am almost completely done with season eight.
Speaker 3: I'm selling Sunset.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I just that's one show I just couldn't get into. But I got to tell you about a show I just finished today, Perfect Family, The Perfect Couple with Nicole Kidman on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's good.
Speaker 1: There's six episodes and it is a nail bier. It is great. She's great and also Chimp Crazy. We have a new episode, yeah crazy, and that is given getting even crazier it is.
Speaker 2: So those are two shows.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Now, my correspondent straight.
Speaker 1: From La So now worth an estimated one point three billion dollars. Is any guesses it's a woman. She's a singer, actress, and she's.
Speaker 2: On the younger side.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: She already is a billionaire. Taylor already made that list. Yes, no, not yet. It is Selena Gomez.
Speaker 5: She's worth a billions.
Speaker 1: She's worth one point three billion dollars. Most of that comes from her Rare beauty cosmetics line. At thirty two, she's one of the youngest female billionaires in the.
Speaker 5: Count had a cosmetics line.
Speaker 2: So yeah, she has that.
Speaker 1: She has Wondermind, which is another mental health brand, music sales properties.
Speaker 5: Does she still make music streaming deals?
Speaker 1: I think yeah, shed a year or two ago, and acting, concert tickets, brand partnerships, all of that together.
Speaker 4: She's on only Murders in the Building.
Speaker 5: Right, I knew that, but I feel like that's it's the only thing I could still see her doing.
Speaker 1: And I got to read you this story that I got off the internet about the Goslings.
Speaker 2: Remember that show eight or whatever it was called. What was it called?
Speaker 4: John H.
Speaker 1: Colin Goslin, one of the kids, is talking now about major abuse that happened to him when he was a kid.
Speaker 2: His mother did it.
Speaker 5: Oh, everyone knows she was crazy. That's why they got divorced.
Speaker 2: So Colin, who is now twenty, I mean she.
Speaker 4: Had that fucked up haircut too.
Speaker 5: Well, she was just like also kind of openly abusive towards her husband on the show.
Speaker 1: Off well, she alleged who previously alleged to his estrange mom sent him away at age twelve to stop him from revealing this abuse. Says his mom zip tied his arms and legs and locked him in the basement when he was a child during a campaign of alleged physical and emotional abuse. He said from the age of eight or nine he was treated differently from the seven other siblings from Kate and that he never had a childhood. He had an interview with the son. He said that there was a specially built basement room which had a bed cameras and he was watched the entire day and kept down in the basement.
Speaker 2: For some reason.
Speaker 5: That's pretty intense even for.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, she said she's physically abusive, verbally abusive, and just abusive with the things that she would say, do emotions, YadA, YadA, yadas. Now one of the sense is coming out against her. So that just came out today too.
Speaker 5: It only shocks me a little bit that all.
Speaker 2: No, not at all, not at all.
Speaker 5: Well, the extent shocks me a little bit, but the fact that she was abusive does not show.
Speaker 3: She was a nightmare.
Speaker 1: But why would she only pick one of her kids? Like, I'm Margaret, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. Okay, So now we have a very special guest. If he is is he here?
Speaker 2: Is he here? I heard the boys, I don't know. He's got people with him.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is like, oh, this is a big thing. So talk about who are we going to have on?
Speaker 4: So I've known Mikey for.
Speaker 2: Who is Mikey Michael Adam Cohen.
Speaker 4: Yes, we've known each other since I was in my twenties.
Speaker 2: Okay. And when you knew him back in the day, what did he do?
Speaker 4: What was he great personality? He was a total We did a lot for like the Glad Awards and stuff like that, and he was always kind of a leader, was really able to kind of navigate through all these different types of situations with celebrities. And I mean, I thought I was good at it, but he's really good at it.
Speaker 1: So he is a what they call a thought leader. He's an influencer.
Speaker 2: He has a podcast.
Speaker 1: He's inspiring kids to reach their full potential. He is a visionary. He's overcome so many obstacles. And he has a lot of celebrity friends, some of whom might be calling tonight.
Speaker 4: Right because it is his birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh, he just turned fifty, so this is a big milestone for him.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: So here's what's going on on the down low. His assistant comes in. First they went to the wrong studio first of all.
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: The assistant is outside. But there's a girl there too, So he's got like people. And now I think they're can talking. So they're outside my door right now, so I don't know what.
Speaker 4: But anyway, maybe they're maybe they're high tailing it out of here.
Speaker 2: Maybe they saw much.
Speaker 5: It's a little chaotic of a situation, you know what.
Speaker 1: There's some things that are out on my lawn that I'm getting I put them out there because we're getting rid of them.
Speaker 4: So of course that day I'm gonna have to go move that ship before everybodyets.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't this be embarrassing if they came to my house and they went, wait, I don't know.
Speaker 2: This is ridiculous?
Speaker 3: Is not? Is this?
Speaker 4: Is this the Sanford and Sun reboot?
Speaker 1: What kind of poo dunk studio set um is this?
Speaker 2: This is not right? Okay? All right, Well, while we are waiting for.
Speaker 4: Have you heard the term before peckish? Yeah? My god, am I the only one living under.
Speaker 2: A stre when you're not like when you the way you eat peckish, like the small bits.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm not overly hungry. I'm a little peckish. I've never Oh, here's why.
Speaker 2: Here's why.
Speaker 1: Here's why we're like, Oh my god, Michael Adam Cohen, come on down and sit on the hot seat. You are up, my friend, and you fantastic. Come over this way. It's yes, because you'll be in front of the camera. We just introduced you. Please excuse my dog. He's very.
Speaker 2: Look at you with your green loafers on.
Speaker 1: Wow, you right here, here's this and here are your head bones. Thanks now, birthday, Thank you, okay, get that right up in your mouth. Now, we have to go through some logistics here. Yeah we're on Oh yeah, we don't edit. We live stream. We're live stream on YouTube and on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Right now, change the program.
Speaker 2: It's going to change the whole program.
Speaker 3: Change.
Speaker 1: Oh we did, okay, well, no big deal. You know what we roll, We ride the wave. It's totally good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll put this up to your to your mouth.
Speaker 2: And hear you make it's okay. Just some technical difficulties and that's okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, can you hear yourself?
Speaker 2: That's all that matters. That's all that matters. Well, welcome to Laura Kane after Dark.
Speaker 1: I was reading about you, and I think okay, first of all, let me get this straight. There may be some celebrity people who call in during this show to say happy birthday to you and to say hello to us. Okay, here's what I need you to do with your phone. Okay, you need to connect it to a roadcaster so when they come through we can hear them.
Speaker 3: That's when the problems. So what happened my phone service stopped working today that my carrier will not provide service in my area any longer. So if you're listening, do not use q quest technology or their their platform for everything that they're running all four phones, everything is through that one company. Okay, wait, and they stop service, like I paid my bill everything, they stop service to my area today. So when all this is coming in your message, that all the messages, I'm in motivation so I can deal with this and that that's why I said I need to minuted. Okay, okay, but we have an incredible soundbath helium which is could mean even more amazing okay today and she's loading in right now. So yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So we don't need to connect to the broadcast because you don't have service, right, Okay, that you know what, We're gonna roll with it because we've plenty to talk about, right yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I liked your bio because you're a lot of different things. I like the fact that you're a thought leader, you're a visionary, you're a content creator, you're a podcaster, all of these things, and you've overcome you have a whole We have like six people in here, We've got you got an entourage.
Speaker 3: Oh that's everywhere to go. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Okay, So first of all, let's just get a background on me, because you have overcome some obstacles to get to where you are, which we will find out where you are in a minute. But can you talk about like how you grew up and in the what you grow up with? Okay, and what was it and how are you dealing with it?
Speaker 3: So I grew up in I grew up in a household where my father was a big name here in San Diego, and so he owned a bunch of stereo chain stores in San Dieg. It's called mad Jack's they advertised on the radio. Yeah, I remember you, like I was a huge family. Weren't you doing the traffic and stuff? So, to make a long story short, I would go to this private school. It was called bethid Joe's all Jewish private school. It's not not so PC to be Jewish anymore, but uh, anyways, So a couple of times, instead of going to school, my mom would then go to Jeff and Gerish show in the morning.
Speaker 2: She'd go to our studio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd go to the studio instead, and then and then we'd be hanging out with the Yeah, they said, if you want to tell me. Yeah, Tommy got us in there. So we were there like probably ten different times.
Speaker 1: When Okay, this is gonna make me feel like eight hundred years old.
Speaker 2: But do something. When you were in the studio with your mom, how old were you?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, probably eight nine years old?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, god, I was already.
Speaker 3: It's still it's still an incredible memory in my book. And yeah, one of the.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we were nice to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, it was great, great guitar grandma.
Speaker 4: Okay, amazing, Oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so thank you. That's cool that you were a listener. But you so you grew up in San Diego, but you have you had a syndrome, you had something.
Speaker 3: I still have it. What is I still have it? So this is I have an extra chromosome and it's actual female chromosome. So and it doesn't make me gay or whatever you know, as people say, but it's severely mentally disabling. So I don't have hand eye coornation like any of the regular kids. It's it's hard for me to build muscle tone. It makes my life ten times worse. Like I don't play the victim card. A lot of people don't even know I've ever had this, So I don't think Eric, Eric even knew, Like I don't know, it's something we don't I don't mention because I've never used used it as a crush or whatever to get by. I've never been on disability insurance any of that stuff. Luckily, I had a family that that well, that's the one thing. So they like to push things under the rug, uh at times, but that's all they knew, and so they took good care. And you know, half half my life I was raised by the maid too, so I learned a lot of things from her that aren't so PC. You know, well yeah so, but but I had a good upbringing, and I really I love my parents. We have a really solid foundation at home and and whatever else. But I love your mom. Yeah, she's a hoop. She's great. Yeah, she was just Okay.
Speaker 2: When you guys met, where did you meet? You and Eric? Since you've been such a long time friends, do we.
Speaker 4: Say, I don't even remembering?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But it was close, like there was I think that was the indication with the other person that was there. But oh yeah yeah, but uh, to remain anonymous the other person because neither neither one of us will talk to that person. Yeah anymore for obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get the dirt.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: But but to make a long story short, what brilliantly happened with that whole situation was I got to know Eric then and we went to what's called the Glad Awards. So like my nonprofit then staffed this whole celebrity party, like escorted the celebrities from their cars into the building, and then I did all the red carpet interviews. And this was when I was what eighteen, said my god, at twenty three years old. So I've been doing the same thing the whole life.
Speaker 1: Okay, how did you get into to this? Like, how did you get on the red carpet? How did you at eighteen?
Speaker 3: Well, so I was already doing it at age say fourteen. How well, so I got the opportunity. My aunt took me on the set of nine two o nine two while I was like the biggest show in the world, and she's best friends with Candy Spelling, and so I hung out.
Speaker 2: She was yes, so nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Candy Spelling would like take us all out for like thrifty ice cream. But she'd be wearing like fifty zerusand dollar barettes. We will always We'll always remember, We'll always remember that. But yeah, I was on a set. That's why when Shannon died recently, I was like really upset because we'd gotten so close. And Gabrielle Carterras that was on the show, we played Andrea. So when I was fifteen, I got the opportunity to interview her. And this is my first big interview. All I knew was video production from high school and all that stuff. And I didn't know what a stage name was or I learned. I learned a lot from that interview because I had to call her at the Parker Hotel and ask for her pseudo name and and then and whatnot and fifteen fifteen and I was basically just a fan of the show. But they did a whole event at my school called Drug Free San Diego Week. That was a part of it, and applying or of and let's just say that she had a haunting past, which we you know, we've all had and and so she was ready to come clean about it on and she did this talk at Albarado Albarado Medical Center, and uh, I got a knock on my door and it was Tory, Jenny Garth, Wow and Brian and Brian Austin Green and and they were in my horrible kitchen with my yellow wallpaper, like they probably didn't have houses. No, I don't think her house had any wallpaper. It was all like campaigns. So yeah, but and uh and then we went out to the bench together next to I have that photo. But it was like, it's just weird that because I think about, like, why why were it in?
Speaker 2: So that was your first like major brush with like celebrities. Yeah, and then how was this continued?
Speaker 1: And what is your How do you have such a giant roster of people that you know?
Speaker 3: So I've lived my life by being of service to others. So most of the work I've done, I've worked with the celebrities through my creative vision. I've done their photography for them. I've done put them in magazines, done interviews, and it always seems to work out really well, and I enjoy what I do. And then I I'm an early kid. I was on the Mariage Use Summit Committee, where we had regular meetings with the mayor to change things that were happening in San Diego. It was Marine O'Connor at the time.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So we used to go meet in her office. So as a kid, I was in her office like twice a week. And and then we pretended, thanks to the city, that we wanted to change, and we'd hold the summits and and we it, you know, getting the gangs off the streets, the whole nine yards whatever it is. And that was really impactful and that really that really, uh, that was one of the best things I could have done for myself. But so now I was raised in a private school and then I purposely flunked out like probably in my because I was then private junior high after that, and I said, I'm over this whole institutionalized living. And there was there was no African American school, just one. I never learned about anything else other than upper class white Jewish people in Spanish Jewish. And I really just wanted a new, a new change of life and to really experience like the adversity and inclusion and everything else in the world. So yeah, I'm mate. Sure, I got all f's and they were ready to get rid of me right after that. They didn't care and my parents paid this horrible, like huge amount. I'm sure it went somewhere, but you know. And then then the first thing I did my first day on campus in the regular junior high it was so amazed just to see step Class Step Team and all these amazing African women that were just living their lives fully, self expressed and like you know, having evolved during lunchtime, and I said, this is this is for me. This is awesome. So okay, I've been told no my whole life, and then now now it's like, you know, I could explain to what life's about.
Speaker 1: Okay, First of all, what's the name of your podcast?
Speaker 3: So it's do that with Joyful Jenny here, and we also and she has another one on her own, but it's Aspire to Greatness okay, and we do under the influence of So it's a different person each time, okay. And and when we featured Jenny later on the program, she has an incredible podcast herself guided by Imagination. She's and she's phenomenal. She's her name is Joyful Jenny.
Speaker 1: And well we're going to talk about we're having this is like a double word into this for these two episodes a week, So you guys are going to be both of our episodess.
Speaker 2: So, okay, back to Candy Spelling.
Speaker 1: Did you go to the house, Oh yeah several times. Did you see the gift wrapping room?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course. And and my my family had my my my family at the time was the mayor Beverly Hills and my cousin and they had a gift for wrapping room too. I think it was but but it was. But it was like fifty room I think in that in that and like it was right off a park, like it was some like public park in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 2: Spelling residence.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they had well we went through the maid's entrance. I don't know why, but we went through the maids entrance, a separate entrance, and they had this wonderful black maid that like used to make us the most incredible food. And and and I don't know if Tori want nothing to do with me. I hang out with her brother a little bit, and then when I hang out with her too, But yes, it was. It was wonderful to just be around that world and and and I loved it. Then shortly after I interview Dan Aykroyd, who filmed a movie at my house. When Dan elk Croyd was a huge deal.
Speaker 2: Why did you film it at your house?
Speaker 3: So it was a crazy coincidence. There were they were scouting for houses and it was nearby. Here, it's two seagull productions. Well the first occasion maybe we went to no and and so it was gonna be called CCPD and it was a pilot and I was out there washing my car the one day. I it was actually washing my car and uh, and they drove up and they said did you live here? And I said yes, And so the rest became history. And like they had the whole production that was like looked like daylight outside and it was like it was you know, Pitch Black Knight and all the streets. We had the whole neighborhood there for a week or so. It was a pretty big deal.
Speaker 2: I'm curious to know how much do you get paid for something like that? How much did they pay you to use your house?
Speaker 3: Not enough because they you know and they know. And then they had to like replace all the slide grass and like everything they stepped on, and then what the crew did and you know, but uh, in the neighbor's house next to us too, And but then I got to interview with Dennik right and trailer, and that's when I first became aware of what it was going to ask him, and I wanted it to be impactful for the audience. That's when I I surveyed the audience at first, and so it got what they wanted first. And I think that's the key to any successful podcast or show is that you really survey your audience and you find out, if not what they want, who they wanted to see on the show, and the kind of content you can create for them with them and and make it exciting and make it always have meaning.
Speaker 1: And so what did you ask dan Aykroyd that was different than something a regular entertainment reporter.
Speaker 2: Would ask you?
Speaker 3: Like, I said something to him and like, so you're not being funny? Is there like a more serious side to you or a more serious dark side to you? And he said, yeah, I have a serious dark side. I sit in my room for hours and don't even know what I'm gonna do. How'm if I get by to an event and enough I'm gonna show up? And so just getting that out of him was like Wow, then to me, he was relatable like everybody else because we've all I've suffered from anxiety. Everyone else has not. As a kid, I didn't have that then. But he was openly honest and yeah, and I mean he mentioned something profanities that in that sentence, tod.
Speaker 4: And I think they prefer that question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, of course.
Speaker 1: All right now, looking okay, without even looking at your phone, who is the most famous person you have locked in your phone that is not working right now?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh?
Speaker 4: Can I answer that?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: I think it's Oprah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't really call her, but yeah, she's in there.
Speaker 2: You have her personal self.
Speaker 3: I do, but I've actually done some work with her other half. And so yeah, d I said, Or Steven's amazing, like I've learned and grown like Miles on end through him and Shelley, who's in the studio now you'll see it a little bit later. She came to a few of our meetings also, I think. And so he started a purpose driven curriculum for the schools where kids could actually discover their purpose and have all the training to do whatever they want to do in life. And they don't even have to like read through old history books or any of that stuff. And they can and they'll actually have a better chance of loving what they do because it's their intended purpose. So I was on steering committee, and he would fly in front Over's house like you know, every time and meet with us and spend the whole day with us, and when we'd have like our private meetings and then we'd have a public meeting afterwards, and it was phenomenal. I loved it. It was one of the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell me who if you can, if you would, what celebrity would surprise us?
Speaker 2: Is really not super easy to talk to you. I'll put it that way.
Speaker 1: I won't say mean or bitchy or anything like that. Just a little hard to crack.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm friendly with her, but I would say Taylor Swift is probably the worst, the worst of my book I've ever met in my life. Besides besides Ellen, those two are okay, connect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can we please elaborate a little bit because this is huge.
Speaker 2: I bet Taylor's just garden? Is that what you got from her? Did you get?
Speaker 3: Oh, talk talk talk now? I got, uh just yeah, not bad VI the situ with no But that's changed because then when I saw her at Stage Coach this year, and she made a surprise of his parents. She was overly friendly. She remembered my name, but that's because of the situation. She doesn't remember the situation. So she thought I was photographing her whole tour. Now I'm probably never gonna be able to photograph her chord again. But now, but but now she was she I like her music and the you know whatever else. I think she's a brilliant marketer and business person. But just I don't like talking negatively, but all possible.
Speaker 2: But okay, you.
Speaker 1: Pulled it out of me, Lord, I know, But okay, now we need to talk about the other one.
Speaker 2: Oh tell me, just.
Speaker 3: Was with me when I first met her at the Glad Awards, and she had even like another wife besides the ones that we even know about. Okay, and yeah, and this is like when the Ellen Show, not the talk show, the Ellen Show.
Speaker 2: Had she come out yet on the Ellen Show? Remember that that was like the big thing.
Speaker 4: I think she had.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but like Will and Grace was a big deal then. And Jack never came out you know either, right, okay, in real life or whatever. I don't know if he has now, but so yeah he has. Oh yeah, okay, oh remember okay, I guess we we used to have like Grace parties like that, we'd throw and Whinnie Houston parties.
Speaker 4: And remember he wouldn't come out of this hotel room. Oh well nobody, well, nobody cares about him.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry quickly to Alan and then we'll bring it up. We'll bring it up. Okay. Ellen was and Megan.
Speaker 4: Had to sing to him. Remember oh yeah, yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 3: Megan mulloy is great. Yeah. Yeah. So we had a great time with Megan Maloway's This is a side note. So we went out with her. We took her to Spike after Hours nightclub in Hollywood afterwards, and I picture for her looking my nipples and stuff.
Speaker 2: I only like this actress.
Speaker 3: I don't really like nipples anybody, so you know. So that's that was. That was a treat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'll get off this in a second and then we'll get on do Okay, let me ask you this, when you heard the story that came out about Ellen's toxic workplace, where you're like, oh, I was in surprise.
Speaker 3: I wasn't surprised at all.
Speaker 2: That's all you need to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then and then I had a chance to like go on her set and like for someone else that was on her show, and just I saw the way things were handled it and yeah, it wasn't it wasn't so friendly.
Speaker 2: Okay, now let's move on to.
Speaker 3: And I put her on a Pet Pets so and I've watched her show like every show. Regardless of how I felt, I still thought the show was entertaining.
Speaker 2: Everybody loved I mean everybody loved. Well a lot of people still do.
Speaker 1: But anyway, now onto who is your all time just warms your heart, famous person that you know and have met and our friends with.
Speaker 3: So for a long time that was Algibrow.
Speaker 2: Like for me, it's all over the different cover everywhere.
Speaker 3: So al Giou, Like I loved his full self expression and like how he just was himself on stage and wheneverwhere else. And there was at one point where I was on like eight different red carpets in a row, and so is he. And so that was was like incredible for me because like I'd grown up like thinking, you can never even touch the guy who's like he would do his thing and like he was untouchable. But I had a at the time, so I started a Facebook called Smooth Jazz Live, and my father co found it with me, and before we know it, we had like fifty thousand members whatever else and it grew organically and then shortly after that we went on on the air on on the radio when we had an opportunity, and then became a TV show after that. Anyways, so I was saw al and after I've seen him eight times in a row and red carpets, he says, Oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna call you mister big stuff. And it was it was because like because I'm already tall, probably and and because I've been doing big things like like independently for a long time. So it was I thought of it as a big compliment and it really touched my heart.
Speaker 1: Is there somebody that like you could call right now to say, hey, let's go grab a coffee. That's somebody that would shock us, like, oh my god, they're so famous and you could just call him to get a coffee.
Speaker 3: I mean there's a lot of this. Well people here him out because it's probably probably, I mean if they were, if Billy was in town, Billy eish, I would do that. Wait what someone from Earth Wind and Fire. I could do that with Bill Eilish. Yeah, wow, yeah, So how you know her?
Speaker 1: Well then yeah, really, well, oh my god, I love her new song by the way, it's great Birds of a Feather.
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't heard okay.
Speaker 1: Oh see, you're that kind of friend, that kind of friend that's so cool. You don't even have to listen to her music. It actually prefers it that you just.
Speaker 3: Know her for her right she does, she really does. Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now with a Manchester, I have that relationship with two and I love her music. I've loved it my whole life. Against here on Friday actually this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here or up in La La? Okay? And is that where you live now?
Speaker 3: And I live here in San Diego?
Speaker 4: You live booth places?
Speaker 3: I live in San Diego.
Speaker 2: Oh you live in San Diego.
Speaker 1: Okay, And you're just okay, so tell me before we're going to break and then the next we're going to do part two.
Speaker 2: Okay, next episode.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll bring on some of your people, but talk about like you're a visionary, all right, five years from now, give me a vision one of them.
Speaker 3: So I founded a school like that's that's more of a school and theory at the moment. So all the work that I've done within the celebrity realm or just icons of any industry, it's a conscious kids school, so like everything is done on a conscious level. We found we found the need like that if more parents were conscious with their kids and actually in their kids' lives until the age of eight, that these kids that are now grown adults would not have problems that they carry with them the whole versus of their lives. So that's that's what we want to do. But also we've been slowly but surely creating these interviews and thanks to Jenny and helping me with that, and with these iconic people of all all nationalities, all races, all all incomes and but but I'll have something about them that's undeniable. It's like, these are some of the most brilliant people of all time.
Speaker 2: Where can we find your podcast? And what is the name of it?
Speaker 3: So it's called Aspired a Greatness. The podcast itself is in progress. We've just been recorded in them. We haven't pretty well, okay, so coming it is coming soon. We recorded like eight episodes.
Speaker 2: Where can they find you on socials or where?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So I go by the name most influential Mikey and that's my social I mean, you know social media and yeah, so to clarify and then so with that being said, so that's that's the podcast series. But the school itself is it's called Aspired Greatness, Conscious Kids, Unlimited Potential, Edge You tech Tainment. So I'm actually having grants we're in right now, and I plan on having the center probably in a couple of years. But I'm looking to acquire property right next to the Empire Poll Ground grounds next to Coachella. That's the goal any where to have the school. All these people that want to do stuff with the celebrities, and it's I've done a lot of negotiating and a letter of intent and go back and forth and the offer it's not right. If I could actually have a place to do that and do master classes with the kids with the people they want to see, and then also have a place for business that's in connection with coachellis and already know the owner there, and and then kind of blend the two together and like make stuff happen for the people that have a give back program within whatever we do. That that's my thing. As long as if I work with someone to like them to be able to We'd like to have to pay it forward something in their close with everything I do, I want that.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's a lot of troops to jump through, legal tape, I'm sure, and and a lot of paper.
Speaker 2: You can do it. You will do it, you will.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guys, thank you for watching. We are going to be back with part two with Michael and he's going to bring on some of his people that have helped him along the way, that you stuff with him, that talk with them, that inspire him, that have helped them with interviews, that have done interviews. We're gonna do part two and so join us on Thursday.
Speaker 2: You don't want to.
Speaker 1: List it, okay, you guys, thank you so much for watching. And we say something at the end of our podcast. I'll say it first, then you say, then Eric says it.
Speaker 2: No, we're done. Okay, it's a little catch brain, It's fine.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: So thank you guys, and love your podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you guys, and love your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Love your podcast, Love me my sweet babies.
Speaker 1: Bye guys, Bye everybody on YouTube by friend listening