Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Caston's new video.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Al, Rob, Let's set the tone because I know you know where to find this. In a moment's notice, let's get the theme that would be appropriate to be played to kick off these next two hours with the theme. I need not say the theme because Rob, you know the theme. And for people who haven't been listening to me all night long, they have yet they be in ARM Productions, EO, N. Everything or nothing is what that stands for. They have yet to choose an actor to play James Bond. There you go. If you saw the last Daniel Craig movie, you know it didn't work out well for Bond at the very end of the movie. They need a new one. You you sitting at home, You can help pick the next James Bond because my current guest has written a number of books on Bond and Twilight Zone, and he has the wherewithal to get in touch with someone, someones in charge of decision making it Eon Productions. Please let me welcome my friend. I can call him back because I've been interviewing him on the radio for over fifteen or twenty years. Mister Stephen J. Rubin, Good evening, Stephen.
Speaker 3: Top of the evening, Morgan, and how the heck are you? I am terrific and I this is gonna be fun tonight because this is a big question in the world. There are many big questions in the world, some affecting millions of lives. But on the creative, colorful art side, what's a bigger question than who will be the next James Bond?
Speaker 2: And I opened it up to who would have made a great James Bond? They can, they can have passed on if you want to throw their name into the hat. Great. There is no right or wrong answer. And if you indeed want to call six one, seven, two, five, fourteen thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty, guess what you can't The lines are full already, So as one call waves goodbye to the best your candidw quick like a rabbit, and uh, you'll be within the third or fourth person that I will take next. And now you all know what I expect of you. Nancy, who are you going to punch the button for? First? Push the button, Florence, welcome aboard. Who do you think should be the next James Bond?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Before right, tell you, Morgan, good evening.
Speaker 2: Good evening, and Dan.
Speaker 4: Gray said to tell you, he says hello to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: And my choice before I even say it, my favorite Bond music theme is Goldfinger.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's the.
Speaker 4: Number one favorite, all right. And my choice I'm going to give you is Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 2: He makes sense.
Speaker 4: He write his name, then he can play many roles and they can polish him up for that. I'll make a bed on it.
Speaker 2: Don't forget he's a he's a Broadway after Yeah, to Broadway after he played Curly from Oklahoma, and to go from that to playing Us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know I.
Speaker 4: Remember Lawrence Flawrence.
Speaker 2: Let my guests get a word in.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Laura Florence, Florence. I'm going to jump in real quickly because I love you Jackman. Hugh Jackman is a terrific presence whenever he's seen. But he was born in nineteen sixty eight. That means he's fifty seven years old. And you can't start your Bond career at fifty seven because remember they're not just asking you to play Bond for one movie. Generally, you have to sign to make four or five movies, right, So Unfortunately, the same thing I would say about Idris Elba. A lot of people are suggesting Idris Elba as a Blackbond, and it's a great choice, but Idris is also over fifty, so you gotta go for somebody younger at Alba. Florence, I respect your choice because I've always been a huge Jackman fan. I think that though. My favorite of his is where he played opposite met Ryan and Kate and Leopold, which is a classic time travel movie.
Speaker 2: All right, Florence, do you want to say a few more words?
Speaker 6: A few more words?
Speaker 2: Hugh Jack Jackman.
Speaker 4: I liked the movie Australia. He was him with Nicole Kidman, and I wanted to say, I don't know a younger actor that I could choose. Okay, yeah, but he's my guy, all right, you know, he's one I thought of.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a good choice, Laurence, A good choice, excellent choice, and I wish we could have gotten them about twenty years ago.
Speaker 7: Thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Good bye, Okay, good night?
Speaker 2: All right one open line six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine, two nine ten thirty. We're gonna have fun with this subject and if Rob if I take a call now it's ten thirteen, I guarantee you we're gonna go past ten fifteen. So why you take that person who's called in. I'm going to uh back and feel a bit and then take the break. So again, I'm on tomorrow night. The first hour, I want you to make a suggestion for a trivia subject for me to write fifty questions. That's for tomorrow. Claio Campbell will be joining me, and he and I are gonna be talking about well performers, singers that fit the blue eyed soul category. All right, and I'm going to take a break. We've got Alison next in Portland, Dave in Colorado, and Darryl calling from Canada. As you can see, Stephen, we have an international setup of phone calls, and I think we're gonna have fun over the next two hours with this subject. My guest Stephen J. Rubin, and he's got the air of one or two people over at Eon Productions. So whenever we choose tonight, whoever gets to most votes, whoever we choose tonight, he will let them know over at Eon Productions, won't you, Steven.
Speaker 3: Well, you know I'll just interrupt you for one quick second. It's no longer Eon Productions Morgan than the word we're getting it to is Amazon. Amazon pay a billion dollars for the creative wherewithal Oh.
Speaker 2: My goodness, what's it called now?
Speaker 3: Well, it's just Amazon. The creative decision to who's gonna play Bond, what the script is going to be, where it's going to be shot, et cetera, et cetera is all up to Amazon and Amy Pascal, who is a former Sony Pictures executive, and David Hayman, who produced Harry Potter movies. They're the people we need to get the info to.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you can handle that.
Speaker 3: I can handle it perfect.
Speaker 2: And just as a place where a shooting city backdrop, we have a castle right in the center of Boston. That's all I'm gonna say. Time ten fifteen, temperature seventy three degrees.
Speaker 3: Do you expect me to talk?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Who is I expect you to die?
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We are back when I say we Stephen J. Rubens here and written a number of books on Bond, James Bond and Steve and I are entertaining your phone calls on who should be the next James Bond or if we could bring somebody back, how would that be? And I know it. Don't go for the easy names of Sean Connery or Roger Moore or George Lassenbee or Timothy Dalton. Don't do that. They are exempt. Allison. Welcome now, Alison before Alison, before you say a word, take a breath, go.
Speaker 8: Okay. Anyway, Yeah, one of my favorite topics is, you know, I thought you're doing this tomorrow, so it's a good thing I revers ning. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like you Jackman two. I like the pristige you'll at that film and prestige, but the it's true. I mean Roger Moore was fifty seven when he did his last Bond film, so yeah, he's too old. Anyway. I'm four square for Tom Hardy myself, so I think he's really really amazing and very versatile. I don't know if you or your guests have seen, uh the movie the it's called It's just got a boring titles called Legend, where he played the Cray twins, you know, the create brothers who were the gang leaders in East London in the sixties, and you know, he played both both of them twins, you know, and one's gay and one straight too, and it's just absolutely amazing performances and so and of course he can do the action. That's not a problem even so I just I don't know. I just think he would be a factious choice.
Speaker 2: What do you think about Tom Hardy?
Speaker 3: Well, he is he qualifies as a real badass and that's the quality that bondies in this world to. So, uh does he have the charisma to to woo the ladies, which I think is a key factor since Alison is a big fan. What do you think, Allison?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so, Yeah, I mean I think he's yeah, I really do. Yeah, And he can be very scary too, but he can very I don't know, and he can pull off the kind of swab swabs in or whatever the word is in a weird way into the craze because you know, I mean, certainly with I always get the mixed up. Is it Richie, Reggie or Ronnie? I can't remember the one, you know, the one, the one who's heterosexual anyway, and the other and he's so just funny and wild. There's a gay one too, So and you know, he started out with really really extreme movies like Bronson and stuff. But I know, I just I don't know. I just think he's a great choice personally, you know, people, I just I really do. Do you know how old he is? I'm not really sure forties or do you either? You know how old he is?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, I'll tell you in two seconds, speaker. It's an important question. Yeah, I'm born in nineteen seventy seven, so he's eight, So he'll be forty September September fifteenth. He's on the border line. I think he's perstinally certainly should be considered because people kind of know who he is, but a lot of people don't know his name, which I think is good because when Daniel Craig became Bond, nobody really knew who Daniel Craig was. They s yeah and real quick.
Speaker 2: I went into the last break telling you this, I think a good plot. We in Boston have a castle right now. It's being used for the Titanic exhibit, but it's right in the center of downtown Boston and just to be used as a backdrop set. I think that would be a great angle for a Bond.
Speaker 3: Film, Morgan, we're casting James Bond, not King Arthur.
Speaker 9: Oh, but.
Speaker 2: England. I know, I know how they've strayed from there, but they stressed that in the past couple of films.
Speaker 8: Oh. The last film was such a disaster though. It just it just broke my heart on it was so the script was so bad.
Speaker 2: I did not like the way it ended.
Speaker 8: And it just went on forever. It just went on forever. I mean, Ronnie Mollock was good as a villain, but that was about it, you know, And so they need better writing. I wonder what Guy Richie's version would have been, because they fired him and then the last minute and got other people. I don't know, it might have been better. I think just about any coming. There's also the longest Bond. It really was. It went on for.
Speaker 2: Let me move along because I'm to give a lot of people.
Speaker 8: Okay, just but please Tom Hardy, Yes, yes, yes, anyway, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Going to talk to you goodP in line six ten thirty eight eight eight nine to nine, ten thirty And now let's go to Colorado and speak to Dave. Dave. Welcome to Night Side.
Speaker 9: Hey guys, Okay, my vote is for John Kiriaku, the actual CIA agent who I believe led the raid that captured Al Qaeda's number three, but then subsequently discovered his prisoner was being tortured by the CIA, blew the whistle on national television and became the only person ever to be arrested and served time in connection with the CIA torture scandal.
Speaker 2: All right, Steven, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm looking him up on Google. I don't how do you spell his last name?
Speaker 9: I don't know exactly. It's Greek. It would end with an ou that it starts with k I R I think, And of course I'm being half joking in a way that makes this more serious. He is too.
Speaker 6: Old, probably he's sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh he was.
Speaker 3: He was born just a few months before Goldfinger is released.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, all right, nothing to add. How tall is he? Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 9: He's big though.
Speaker 3: It doesn't say how tall he is in his breakdown, But I don't think it's going to be matter because he may be tall, but he's also long.
Speaker 2: In the two, the barn should be over six foot tall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right. I don't think Dan. You know Craig was over six foot I think he was more of five to ten. I think I'm not on the preventure, but I think he.
Speaker 2: Was close to maybe five eleven and a half.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna look it up right now. I think interestingly, Timothy Dalton, which I don't necessarily think of as a tall man, was the tallest Bond.
Speaker 2: He was taller than he.
Speaker 3: Was taller than Sean Connery. I recently learned that Let's see and because they did one of those lit those stories in one of the entertainment papers about the height of the various and and let's see under Daniel Craig. D No, it doesn't say his height, but he's close to sixty.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yes, by the way more And when Daniel Craig got to roll, a lot of us were very disparaging of him. We kind of referred to him as that blonde Bond and we didn't know anything about him. And literally blew our socks off with that first movie, Casino Reale, when he's chasing that bomb maker over those cranes and construction sites. It was truly thrilling.
Speaker 2: It was. And that was a long opening and the opening credit scene.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 2: The scene from that movie in the chair. Now we've seen Bond captured and tortured in the past, now about to be split by a laser where he only had his wits to drop the right words to get Goldfinger to well, maybe we should let you live a while longer. But that, by the way, yes, go ahead.
Speaker 3: By the way, I just looked it up. Daniel Craig is five.
Speaker 2: Okay, But that chair scene, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, Oh my god, that's right out of the Flending novel. I never quite knew what a carpet beat it was in my scene, Oh my goodness. And and Daniel Craig's performance there was just terrific.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm trying to think, give me a second, um, Oh my goodness, what was the one in Vegas? Diamonds Are Forever? In the book, Barn is captured by the bad guys and they all wore hotnail boots and said, let's give him an eighty five percent stop. Barn got beaten up pretty well, then, huh, I'm in the movie.
Speaker 3: He shoved into that furnace where he's about to be cremated. That may have been for me even scarier than the laser beam. The laser beam thing was was very It wasn't so much scary. This made you kind of you made your skin crawl as that laser beams approaching as privates. But when you're thrown into a kiln or whatever they call that, you're and.
Speaker 2: You're in a casket, you can't escape.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I talk about claustrophobia.
Speaker 2: Let me take my break and tell people, yes, we still get full lines time and temperature ten thirty seventy three degrees. Admire your courage, miss Sylvia Change, I admire your luck, mister Bun.
Speaker 1: James Bond, you're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 9: My name.
Speaker 2: I want to toss him to the hat of who should be the next James Bond. He's played Napoleon Solo, He's played Clark Kent slash Superman. Henry Clavel Steven. What do you think about Henry?
Speaker 3: Well, he is what I call the safe choice Morgan. He has a he certainly checks all the boxes. He's physical, he's attractive, he's very British. He has kind of a Roger Moore aura. I think it's a safe choice. But I'm just going to go through my little file here and look up Henry real quickly, because Henry's getting on in years two and I hate to keep bringing up the age question, but it is a question because generally we want to bond for at least five films, as Craig did, and Henry Henry was born in eighty three, so Henry's forty two, so he is very much in the prime of I think he would be a good bond. I think he'd be a safe bond. I think it was a good choice.
Speaker 2: Let's go to New Brunswick and take Darryl Darryl good Evening. Who is your bond.
Speaker 10: Hey good Evening, Morgan and Steven. I would actually go with a couple of different choices because you're going with the British accent. And when you actually read watch the trailers of different DVDs, there was the person that played Morgan Dexter, and there was also a there was another actor I can't put his name right anyways, but also with the movie prison Break, there was a person called Michael Schofield because he showed where he can wear a tuxedo and whatnot and for elements right, and there was also another prisoner from the pententiary. He was in the military I don't know his name. I can't remember his stream name, and but those are would be some of the ideas.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Steven, how do you feel?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm looking at the cast of prison Break. Which actor did you mention?
Speaker 6: The person who was Michael Schofield? Michael Schofield, I'm looking amongst the main actor besides Lincoln Burroughs. Okay, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Michael Scofield is his character name. The actor's name is Wentworth Miller, Wentworth Miller, and he is British. He was born in Oxford, so he qualifies there. Interesting choice. I actually I will put him down on my list because I did not. I did not. I didn't watch prison Break. But you're saying he was very good.
Speaker 10: Uh Oh, I watched the whole four series right at the end, and it turned out he died on my birthday. So no, it's the comical error, right, Okay, But but there was also the Native American in there that he was the army person that was framed, and he was part of the escape group and he ended up hooking up with Sukra down the road. The different actors, so again, you don't need to stick to a certain Caucasian or whatever as well.
Speaker 3: Right, well, that now that is the course, the big explosive question, you know, because a lot of people have recommended Idris Elba, and Idris Elba's black. I you know, I think that this is my take on it. This is a moment billion dollar franchise. Amazon didn't buy the MGM Library for a lot of titles. They bought it for three or four franchises, especially the James Bond franchise. This franchise has made billions of dollars over the years. They're not gonna mess with the formula. So my sense is, and I, you know, I'll take the brick bats, but I think it's gonna be a white guy. He's going to be a Commonwealth act probably England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, Australia, even well maybe Canada at least that qualifies. But that's my take.
Speaker 10: Well, I'm only five eleven and three quarters and I get a bad leg, so I'm not qualifying.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna throw a monkey wrench. I don't agree with this because he's too short and he is black. Joel Silver at one time one they have Eddie Murphy as Bond.
Speaker 3: I only in a comedy Morgan, if you're gonna remake Casino Royal as a goofy Woody Allen Peters Seller's David nivencom there you go. But but I choke on the name Murphy because ed I love Eddie, Eddie, as they say, Eddie should stay in his lane.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I I agree with your setup the performance.
Speaker 10: Trailers that you can actually hang on the back and swing back and forth with the cart and cigarettes in the back.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, but you know what the right I know. I remember the movie. It was the second Beverly Hills car. I want the actor to be white, six foot tall at least at least and if we can, he comes from the British Isles or as Steven said, I might accept Canada or Australia, but they don't want to straight from that.
Speaker 3: When when Kubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman were casting James Bond, Cubby told me much later that they wanted a guy who was good with his fists and was very physical. They were patterning him a little bit on the kind of rough Private Eye characters of Mickey Spillane. Great question of who is going to beat the crap out of and that is James Bond. Jams James Bond is not light on his feet. He's very heavy on his feet.
Speaker 2: And when they picked Sean Connery, Sultimate and Bricoley looked out the window. They were like on the second floor and here comes Sean Conry crossing the street. And he said to each other, that's the guy. His walk told them that's the guy.
Speaker 3: And then they said he walked like a cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So in other words, he was somebody who you could picture skulking around as a secret agent. I mean, and he's a big man, I mean sky Sean six's four. Yeah, you know, he's a he's the big guy. And uh, but what charisma that guy had. I mean that very first scene when he's sitting at the back are at table opposite Sylvia Trench and you played that little audio clip, yes.
Speaker 2: Or it was the first time we heard him say Bond.
Speaker 3: James Bond and Terrence Young, who directed that first James Bond movie, Doctor No, and then subsequently From Russia with Love and Thunderball, he said that he patterned the introduction of James Bond on an old Paul Muni movie called Warrez, where they introduced the character from the back, and then they flipped around to the front, and then in the same thing with Bond turns around, says Bomb. James Bond. One of the great introductions of an actor character in the history of cinema.
Speaker 10: There you go, Well, when when when you can recognize talent like that just by observation. And at the same time, Willie Nelson's of the question, right.
Speaker 3: Willing Nelson, we gotta get we gotta have.
Speaker 10: Some humor in here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, Willie Nelson's fits for every wrong reason. He's under six foot tall, he's ninety ninety.
Speaker 10: No, but that's what That's why I asked.
Speaker 3: He's out of the question. Maybe Morgan, maybe do a little Irish jig at the end titles role.
Speaker 10: Okay, well I leave you can can I leave you the guys with this?
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 10: When I went to basic training because of the Bond thing, the James Bond, we had a guy named Boone. He said to the instructor, my name is Boone, James Boone.
Speaker 2: And did the instructor get it?
Speaker 10: Uh yeah, and he got twenty five more pushups.
Speaker 2: Darryl, thank you for the call.
Speaker 6: Take care in great Greg, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Darryld's line is now vacant. If you want to dial it, you'll be the third person that gets to speak with Stephen and I about Bond, James Bond. We're going to take a break and when we come back we'll deal with David in San Francisco and Robert in New Brunswick. And you tell the phone number six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty or eight eight, eight nine, two nine, ten thirty. Time and temperature here on night's side and raised off tonight. I'm here, Morgan White Junior. Time ten forty five, temperature seventy three degrees. Now this one I'm particularly keen about it. You see the gear lever here.
Speaker 3: Now, if you take the top off, you will find a little red bottle.
Speaker 2: Whatever you do, don't touch it.
Speaker 10: No, why not?
Speaker 2: Because you released this section of the.
Speaker 1: Roof and engagement and fire the passenger ejector.
Speaker 2: Seat ejector seat. You're joking.
Speaker 9: I never joke about my work.
Speaker 1: Double A seven night Side with Dan Ray on w BZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We are next going to go to a movie background. Well, you saw James Bond driving around the hills of San Francisco on a fire engine. David and San Francisco. Welcome aboard, thank him.
Speaker 5: We're gonna happy happy day to you. Did you see the movie run Away Train?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did. Well.
Speaker 5: I was thinking either Eric Robert or John Voight.
Speaker 2: John Voight would have been great as Bond twenty five years ago.
Speaker 5: And uh, on your on your your trivia thing, how about flags or insects?
Speaker 2: Well, I could do either one and let me write those down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one more thing, man, your show last Saturday night on Mother's Day Eve was the best show I've ever heard you do. I've been listening to you for years and I just thought that was totally, totally with it and I enjoyed every second of it.
Speaker 2: And what did I do? Remind me?
Speaker 5: You asked people your listener to call it and mention their favorite television mothers, and I think Laura Petrick got the most mentions, Okay, And I just thought that it was a great show. And I've called all my friends and told him about it, and I just thought it was great. Thank you, yes, sir, And who do.
Speaker 2: You want to be the next James Bond?
Speaker 5: I'm just out of that picture. I'm just all right then, pee wee herman.
Speaker 2: All right, But when you said John Voight. He would have been great in his prime.
Speaker 5: Well in that movie in the Runaway Training, he was incredible. He was welded into his cell because he was so nasty and h and Eric Roberts was good too. I've always liked Eric Roberts.
Speaker 2: Eric Roberts is a good actor. He can do any type of character.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Did you ever see the public Grinish Village?
Speaker 2: Yes they have.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's one of my favorites. And one more thing. I'd beat cancer last week.
Speaker 2: Oh, congratulations to you.
Speaker 5: Yes I have. I was taken out of my nose a skin cancer, but I had to go back to the last second to get repair, repair, surgery.
Speaker 2: Whatever they tell you to do, follow up and.
Speaker 5: Do it for sure.
Speaker 10: All right, congratulation, Thanks you very much, you take care.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. David's line is open and available six one, seven, two, five, fourteen thirty or never mind, because it's already been taken.
Speaker 3: Let's go Morgan real quickly. Back in eighty six, I was assigned to work on a John Boyd movie shooting in Tucson, Arizona, called Desert Bloom.
Speaker 2: It was about movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was about a family living near the testing sites. Back in the nineteen fifties, and John Boyd does not like to do publicity. So somehow, over the three months I spent with him, I got in to do some publicity. So on my next assignment, I'm assigned to run Away Train and I'm about to go up to Montana or Dakota or whatever. And John Boyd I was going to be the publicist on the show, and.
Speaker 10: I got fired because he didn't.
Speaker 2: Want to have to put up with you making him do another publicity bit.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly. Although I bump into John, I laugh about it now. And John, of course is one of the ambassadors that the President has appointed to LA as a Hollywood ambassador, and I hope he gets some things done. We're trying to get more tax credits.
Speaker 2: Well let's see what happens down the road. But right now we've got Robert and New Brunswick Robert line too. How are you.
Speaker 6: So it's got great?
Speaker 7: Great?
Speaker 6: I didn't have a I don't need a great deal of time. But my suggestion is l.
Speaker 2: Fines Ralph finds interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, active in English Dragon.
Speaker 3: He's a wonderful actor. We all love Ray Fines, but he's way too old unfortunately, right fine, I know.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, I hear you. But think about two scenes, two different movies too briefly, and I'm over in Red Dragon that scene where he bought the librarian on the head and then he ate the drawing of the the dragon. Yes and yeah, and the other scene from the English Station when he was carrying his lover out of the cave. I mean that guy, talk to me. He's like he would be a perfect one.
Speaker 2: And didn't. He also play Patrick McNee in the movie version of The Avengers.
Speaker 3: He played Johns.
Speaker 2: He played John Steve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know all his movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back when he was in his surtees, he would have been a really good choice. But he was born in nineteen sixty two, so he's sixty three years old. You know. I don't know if you've been noticing lately he's been playing m he's been playing Bond's boss in the last few Bond movies.
Speaker 2: He's the right age for that.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 3: But we Bob Ray finds, uh, he'd be great.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try to take one more before we take a news hit. So the line's open, grab it, and let's go to Wellesley and speak to Robert Robert.
Speaker 7: Good evening, oh good evening, Morgan, and good evening to your to your guest, mister Stephen Rubin. And I like the second second suggestion of of Henry Clovell and uh prass bring back David Nevin as a as A as A as one of the ones that one of the less known, too short, well well known, well known actor, but a.
Speaker 2: Well known actor in his prime. Yeah, he could have played James Bond, but he's too short.
Speaker 3: Well, actually, actually he did play James Bond. David Niven played James Bond.
Speaker 2: In the sixth version.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. He was very upper krusty and and elegant and with that mustache, and it's the movie was a complete uh you know, uh stand up of Bond and let me.
Speaker 2: Tell you something. Let me tell you something. In Boston, there was a promotion if you wore a trench coat to the midnight showing of that movie, you got in for free. Need I tell you what happened, Stephen. A riot took place. The Boston police were called. There was no midnight showing because there are like four times the amount of people showing up that the theater would have held, so, Robert, anything else.
Speaker 7: I think it's interesting that both clovell And and Sean Connery or obvious were weightlifters, and I get I didn't realize that Sean Connery was a competitive bodybuilder.
Speaker 2: Oh and you want to I'll tell you behind the scenes, and I'm sure Steven knows this. When they were filming Doctor Now, Sean was flirting heavily with Ursula Andres and just to show off, he wound up walk walking on his hands. You know, they're between between filming, they're all on a quick break, and he winds up walking his hands for ten or twelve feet just to show off. The little little urstler.
Speaker 6: How about that?
Speaker 7: And another thing I didn't know was that the odd job was was actually a Japanese bodybuilder as opposed to a.
Speaker 2: Wrestler, and the wrestle.
Speaker 7: All he wants to Well you'd know that. Yeah, that's your field.
Speaker 3: With a professional wrestler exactly.
Speaker 7: Oh O thing, That's something I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Now you do, all right, Robert, I gotta let you go because the amount of time we're gonna keep very much. You're very welcome. We're going to keep this going through the next hour. So there's a line available if you want to grab it. You know the phone number six one seven two five four teen thirty or eight eight eight nine two nine ten thirty. This is Night's Side. Denry is off tonight. I'm here, I'm Morgan. Another hour of this fun and frolic. Stay tuned ten fifty eight seventy three degrees