Speaker 1: He listen to Commanders Who Got Podcast episode four fifty nine. I'm Branda. I'm here with Rinder. We're gonna bask in the afterglow. Now head our theme salt. Hey right, we're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing?
Speaker 2: We are back? I am good? Are you better than yesterday? What is going down?
Speaker 1: I'm sweating. I'm sweating. I'm holding it in and I'm sweating like I'm getting it. Remember that time I ate all those packing peanuts and I had abs afterwards. Yes, it's like that, but with rage.
Speaker 2: Bags under my eyes.
Speaker 1: I'm sweaty because you're you're pruning up, puning up because he's he's gotten side effect sweat from my rage. It's so heated.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know what side effect sweat is.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm like the sun. I'm just radiating rage. But we're not gonna be raging on the show today because we have some constructive ship to offer the listeners, because that's what we do around here. We're not gonna just dump on people, even though we could and we feel like it, We're not gonna because that doesn't help anybody. It just kind of lets you wallow in your own misery.
Speaker 2: I do love wallowing, but not in misery.
Speaker 1: Let's wallow in some cool ass ship. But before we get to any of that, we have to thank you official business Daddy's Fusion Gaming Online dot Com are your source for all your gaming needs. And we have to thank Pilot Bones Brewing Cold. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina and they are also the official beer sponsor of c CEO Idwalk Slam. He isn't too right here on YouTube. Sounds like I was swearing there.
Speaker 2: Yes, because producer Gary kept saying, you're blowing out the mic when you do that. I'm sorry, big thanks, big thanks to producer Gary.
Speaker 1: There we go and the whole damn family because they're having us in here there.
Speaker 2: He was laughing at us during for the pre show. Yes, ship, I don't think he knows what's going on.
Speaker 1: No, I think he knows what's up. We're just we're just going. There's a lot going on. If you haven't watched the pre show and you're interested in hearing, are not maybe not our full thoughts, but our our thoughts essentially on the the the big ban of was what they calling it Red Monday or Bloody Monday or whatever they're calling it.
Speaker 2: I do, I do want a day that is like, I want it to be called a day.
Speaker 1: I like Red Monday because I play Red.
Speaker 2: Red well and Ockside Extortionists was banned in it was red see, so that treasures that he made could tap or sack for red, that jeweled lotus could sack for red. Not anymore, No, not any It's gonna do nothing. It's gonna it's gonna trigger a sacrifice ability something.
Speaker 1: What's gonna trigger a sacrifice ability on something? All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your fucking wallet. If you wanted a super good deal on a jeweled lovel if you want to.
Speaker 1: Pick up a Man of Crypt on the cheap.
Speaker 2: At this point, you go to Fusion Gaming Online dot Com use c CEO Summer Promo code. You'd see it on the screen right now if you're watching on YouTube. What shouldn't be extra rage that editor Joe Maje extra green.
Speaker 1: I hope so probably didn't.
Speaker 2: Probably didn't, but it's probably because he also had cards banned. Anyways, Uh, CCO Summer Promo code is gonna get you a discount on your magic cards and CCEO perks. If it's your first time shopping at Fusion Gaming online dot com, you spend over one hundred dollars Canadian Like if you bought fifteen jeweled lotuses, you would get ten percent to.
Speaker 1: Fifteen for the price of one.
Speaker 2: So I told you Uncle Brando's jeweled lotus and porium.
Speaker 1: You use him to prop up a table or butt plugs as you.
Speaker 2: Can fit inside you eighty percent off.
Speaker 1: Sal sew them all together and use them as a belt, because then they'd be a waste of time.
Speaker 2: All I thought you were gonna make a centipede joke.
Speaker 1: Didn't, didn't could have, but it would be fun, as if somebody like three D printed like a hannibal elector jail cell, and then they put a bunch of dock sides in there and they were sitting on a jewel lotus like it was a toilet. HM's pain and a man.
Speaker 2: I saw all the the like the crystal or glass jeweled lotuses that MPTG ambassadors were sent, and they were saying, like, what are we supposed to do with these?
Speaker 1: Now? Throw them up?
Speaker 2: I guess I wouldn't know. I wouldn't know. I only love and care about magic. For the last twenty years, and I'm like one of the only creators in Western Canada that.
Speaker 1: Hey, what do you mean you don't have one either, I'm speaking for us, and I've never had a trophy before.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll get you a trophy.
Speaker 1: I've never won a trophy or been like given an a really ever in my life. Not one.
Speaker 2: I have a commemorative first place best podcasting co host, jeweled Lotus trophies that I can give.
Speaker 1: I already have mine, and mine are cooler than.
Speaker 2: You or oh oh the thing.
Speaker 1: We talked about this a little bit on the discord. If you're in the discord and if you want to be in the discord rather Patreon, dot com, slash cco pay host is a good way to support the show and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I feel like all my jokes and making fun at Brando's expense.
Speaker 1: And we were talking about it a little bit in the in the discord word like you have the memories that are attached to some of the cards. I have. I own three jeweled Lotuses.
Speaker 2: And I remember one very specific, was very fun.
Speaker 1: There's a great story attached to all of them. I opened one of them with you and Aiden and Alex and Steph Yess yes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was Laura at that time, it was Lara. It was me Aiden Lara, No, me Alex Lara. There we go, yes, my cousin, and she had no idea what was going on, and we're like losing our minds because you opened up this foiled jeweled lotus.
Speaker 1: It was so cool. So like that was really cool. And I opened one of them actually in a Brando's box opening. Really you can actually watch me open one on YouTube. I did open one, shit and then the other one me. Like I was walking around Vegas with Tyler Matuleystone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never heard of her, and I was like, bro, do I do it?
Speaker 1: And He's like, I mean you could. It's from Oxist, dude, it's from Uxis. So I took the plunge and I did. Me and my man Tyler Matulias stolen up and we took the plunge. H bought me a foiled orderless jewel lotus, did it, not even mad about it, not even med school. So it was a cool story attached to those things. That's pretty neat.
Speaker 2: I didn't say yesterday on our thirty eight minute pre show that when you're when you think about the time spent in line trading up like that guy in Regina, or the money that you've that you've lost even though you weren't gonna sell the cards. I think, and I said this to you in the discord too, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I know that not everybody thinks like that when it comes to love specifically, but with magic cards, like I would rather us have those memories. I opened up a manacrypt out of an Ultimate Master's Booster eighteen dollars booster. At the time, we thought we were by rollers, right, and we opened it up like wearing garbage bags on a on an open flippy Dot booster battle or whatever, right, And it was just so funny because we we called it. And see there's there's memories tied to those things, like like when Aaron and Amy got the the three hundred dollars Beta repacks, she opened up a time walk and and Aaron was more excited that, like there was a dark ritual in the same pack, right, Like that's fun stuff and you get to see Power nine get opened and and those are memories even though like you can't really do anything with them, and it's like I kind of look at this is kind of weird. I kind of look at my wedding day like that, like we spend all the money on the wedding day, and it's more important that we're still married than what we did at our wedding.
Speaker 1: Day, which is still pretty cool. I got drunk, we.
Speaker 2: Did and talk on a bag.
Speaker 1: I remember, yeah, I didn't have much talking to bag.
Speaker 2: No. I think it was a poutine bar. Or was that Jesse?
Speaker 1: I had talk on a bag because I remember you said putin and I was like.
Speaker 2: What the fuck, Jesse? Get the fuck?
Speaker 1: What does it even mean to tin? What is that ship in a can? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Speaking of ship in a can, we have dusk warn in front of us.
Speaker 1: Before we do dusk warn. Oh, let me let me hit you. We're talking about the bands for one more seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I cut cards from ten decks. Ten decks. Now, three of them were actually like, I was really choked. The rest of them is like, okay, these are here for the exact reasons that people complained about them being there.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so six man outsmis win the game, right.
Speaker 1: So cutting them I get in three decks. These bands really hit me. Maxist is one of them. I think I'll probably just dismantle it.
Speaker 2: You played all three of those.
Speaker 1: I played all three of those cards, and without the threat of the explosive Turn one two with those cards, the power level goes down so much that it's not viable for the level that I want to play it at. So I'll have to find a new deck. And that's that's hard. That's a hard build. A Swallow Norin is another one.
Speaker 2: Sacks Baby, I already had that.
Speaker 1: Actually, we'll just do it again. I used to play that, so maybe we'll go back to it. Norn was another one, because that's my my yellow ink Mancrypt was and I had one of those like full art borderless ones and it's hard to find card. And we're gonna talk about the two that I replaced them in Norn within in a minute, and you're gonna go you replace Dockside with that piece of Mancrypt with uncommons from Dusk Morn.
Speaker 2: And to that, I would say, welcome to Cecio Nation, right and there.
Speaker 1: They're good ass cards too. And then the other one was Brutoclad. We talked about that yesterday where it was just such a cool finisher. It was using like this I'm using Dockside extortionists to beat you to death with dwarves in Buda, Claud and Brutoclad is probably my hardest to cut or or or change list because it's pretty tight now and it's kind of just the way I liked it, and so one of my like top end pieces got cut, and there just isn't anything that does what Dockside does in the same kind of slot. So I had a hard time with those, and I had those were tough ones to take. Did you have any of that?
Speaker 2: Well? I took a part Zadahedron grinder which had all three of the band major Band cards, and two of them found their way into my Brewvac deck, which I just turned three to table the other day with, which is great. Not on the back of those cards specifically, though, So I still feel confident that that deck will be okay because it's fast enough and there's a card in Duskmore that might find its way into to Brewac. But I actually had in my ar command Right deck Jesski colors white, blue, red. I have a maniccrypt in there because it's a life game deck, and I have an anti blite in there that cares about when I take damage, and it's an advisor, so there was a bunch of reasons for me to like the drawback and also not care about the drawback. Plus I'm playing like a pretty crappy creature type and trying to leverage like a very powerful commander with a bunch of sucky dudes, right, bunch of junk. Yeah, so ah, is it gonna miss the card? Not really. I might put Field Tested frying Pan back in the Lord of the Rings life gain card. But I have my first two Dusk Morn cards that might go into it, okay, and they are just One of them is a stupid common. It's called Emerge from the Cocoon and it's a sorcery for white four So leg Zombifi right, black flour get a creature from your graveyard to the battlefield. This one gains you three life And that's the same thing you cut a mancrypt for that. Yeah, because I had.
Speaker 1: To, Okay, I got a choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the other one, and this is probably the more realistic one, is lay Line of Hope, which brings us to our first cycle of new cards. New cycle, let's call.
Speaker 1: It, right, new additions to an old site.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's better there.
Speaker 1: These are a third set of lay lines, yes, ish, I.
Speaker 2: Think sometimes we'll see them and we'll get reprints, so we'll get like a set of five of them, but two of them will be new, three of them will be report one of them avoid always because that one's actually really good. Anyways, they all have when they're in your opening hands, you can begin the game with them on the battlefield, because that's not fucking broken, right.
Speaker 1: They don't shut up.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get a whole deck of lay lines, like when are we going to have thirty five lay lines? And that can just be the deck. Oh, I want that so bad, I.
Speaker 1: Want to I'm trying so hard not to play these in uh the raccoon that makes them be alive?
Speaker 2: Yes, trying so hard. Yes, Okay, it cost.
Speaker 1: To that deck, so you're.
Speaker 2: Lucky white white two. But if it's if it's in your opener, it's free. If you would gain one life instead, gain that much plus one, so it's a life gain card. And then it says as long as you're starting life total is seven more, or as long as your life is seven more than your starting life total, you your creatures get plus two plus two neat. This is a really good card in my air Command rate deck, and I'm happy to cut a dirty, rotten, degenerate piece of trash like manacrypt.
Speaker 1: Hey let me so, I gotta I gotta scroll down here, I'll tell you what I replaced in nor in here.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna say this, and editor, you're talking about happy. I don't have a ton of time to record tonight, so I was going to do a couple of cards from each that I wanted to touch on. Maybe you can replace with these new cards with your bands, And there's a few that I really am looking forward to putting in my decks. And that was going to be my whole thing. Because we've done pre cons, we've done top down, we've done legends, we've done abilities. I think we've got enough coverage on the new cards and I want to hit next week with frickin' dusk warn decks. So if you're in the discord, get them in. We're going to talk about some cards today.
Speaker 1: If you're not in the discord, send him a commander cook Out at gmail dot com. We'd love to take a look at him. So here's what I replaced Dockside Extortionist, and mancrypt in in nor In the wary first card, irreverent gremlin, is it two tube stupid? He's eating a candle. He's this a little fat guy eating a candle. It's just the best he has menace, because that's important. Whenever another creature you control power too or less enters the battlefield, you may discard a card. If you do draw card, do it only wants a turn? Oh, and that happens each and every turn because nor On the Werry blinks comes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a two man of Ferrexi and Arena that's going to draw you a card or that's going to attack.
Speaker 1: Right, Like, as long as you have a card in your hand to trade in for something, and if you don't want to trade it in, you don't have to top deck to land that. Get rid of that shit. Pick up and I don't like that either. Chuck that one. Keep it, you know, keep drawing cards, you get something you like, great card. I like that one very very much.
Speaker 2: Oh, it happens every turn, Yes, every person's turn.
Speaker 1: Yes or yeah, so good. And the last one or the other one I should say, is Razor Kin Horde caller. It's a four to four for Red four with haste. Whenever I attack, I make a one to one red Gremlin creature token. If you're watched on YouTube, which should be, I hope that editor Joe would do me the service of put the dusk worn Gremlin token on the screen for you, because it is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I really like it a lot, and I'm really looking forward to attacking with my normals, which will then blink and come back and put this champion into play.
Speaker 2: I like how he's holding the flashlight in Horror Horrorzation.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. When I saw that, I laughed out loud, very hard. So again, I'm replacing cards in one of my best decks with just trash that I think it makes sense that I wanted to play, I think anyway, so it kind of made the cuts easy. So in that way cool because I had two slots for them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna throw this out there, out there. I don't think that either of those two particular cards are gonna get really funky reprints. No, you might just have to get regular foils.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I got them.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good guy. I have my second or my I guess my third card okay, but Cecial Nation go to me solid here, okay, because it's for Calimax, and you know and and CCIO Nation knows that I can't put cards into that deck unless they're okayed by the community Community Calamax Cookout deck list. Oh shit, Okay, So I need you guys to collectively come together and tell me that lay line of resonance.
Speaker 1: Is going in. If the residence isn't your opening hand begin with it. On the battlefield, you've got thread red two.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell that targets only a single creature that we control, copy that spell, you may choose new targets for the copy.
Speaker 2: I would target Calamax with like a power doubler or a double strike enabler, and then I would copy that, and then I would kill somebody.
Speaker 1: Maybe double strike enabler wouldn't be as.
Speaker 2: Oh, but my double strike enabler in the deck also has draw a card tacked onto it. So sometimes I target Calamax and it just copies, so I can draw too, because that ends up being really good, because usually double strike is enough to like get you and then I draw to or in this case, like draw three or four. However many times it gets copied.
Speaker 1: That's pretty I got two cards that I want to talk about very much because these are act cards and I'm really excited about And I again, I had to cut a jeweled lotus from tour Bran so into tour Brand I directly jammed Razor kin needle Head another two to two for two has first strike during your turn. I don't give a shit because whenever an opponent draws a card, Razor can Needlehead ones them or, in the case of tour Brand, threes them.
Speaker 2: Lightning bolt needle guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, like that's and is.
Speaker 2: This supposed to be the hell Razors stand in guy? Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, And if you look at the alternate art for that one, it's got one of those like impending doom or whatever alters on it.
Speaker 3: It might be my favorite already in the set by a hole because right at the eyeball, it's like a reflection of a reflection, Like you got the guy's laws and the monster's face.
Speaker 1: Is reflected in the claws that are reflected in the glasses that shows the monster, and if you look at her eye you can see more of the monster reflect in the eye It's just it's a beautiful piece of art on a really really cool.
Speaker 2: Card, and whoever that person is is crying a single tear, probably for side Manacrypt and Jeweled Lotus. That's right, Yes, they're crying.
Speaker 1: And the other one I wanted to get in on. If we go back onto the pages, right underneath it is Screaming Nemesis, and we all know why.
Speaker 2: That's generally the Magic community, the Screaming Nemesis of the Commander Rules Committee.
Speaker 1: Screaming Nemesis is a three three for three with Hayes. Whenever it's dealt damage, it deals that much damage to any other target. If a player is delt damaged this way, they can't gain life for the rest of the game.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't want to say that's kind of like a frection obliterator.
Speaker 1: Hey, it sounds kind of like a like a one to one for red four. That's instructible, you know.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine if cards like that God banned? Oh, you'd quit?
Speaker 1: I would. I would get addresses out of phone books. I'm not gonna say whose addresses or which phone books, but we would have conversations.
Speaker 2: I want okay, Oh, I have this idea. I have this great idea. I'm not ten. I don't want to tell you what it is. It has something to do with my knowing a lot of people on the Rules committee in keg and convincing them that it's a good idea to convince you of something, so you can be convinced to give me something that you have that I want.
Speaker 1: I can't think of what that could possibly be.
Speaker 2: Well, it's because I'm smarter than you.
Speaker 1: Oh well that you do play blue, I own spell nice.
Speaker 2: I wish I could seguey as good as you. I want to talk about get out. This is what the Rules Committee said to Jeweled Lotus.
Speaker 1: And then what the Commander community said to the Rules committee is it's perfect.
Speaker 2: Okay, instant for blue Blue sound familiar. I like it already, counter target creature or enchantment.
Speaker 1: Spell it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't get everything, but it can get maybe something that I want, like a like a brash hunter. Also, I could instead of that, I I could return one or two target creatures and or enchantments to their owner's hand.
Speaker 1: Well, ours our stuff, own stuff that we own.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah you own, yeah, you own to your hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not counterspell and boomerang on the same car.
Speaker 2: That would be yes, sorry I read it wrong, Uh pretty versatile counterspell yes, Like I would pay one man for creature or enchantment like that's almost freakin' swansong. And I would pay an extra manna to have the versatility of save my thing.
Speaker 1: That's a cool one.
Speaker 2: I like, Like, if you're casting a doom blade on my guy, I can return it to my hand right now. It would be way, way, way stronger if it's said return an artifact, because then I could return my own one ring when it's got like six burden counters on it, cast it again and get protection from everything.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty cool, but I watch those one rings, folks. You never know, you never know.
Speaker 2: You want to get fucking laid up. I got seven of those.
Speaker 1: Okay, blue card that I really like, and we all knew this. It's the clone from the set, and this is a this is a cool clone. I like this one. So it's a one one for blue one A clone well done. It's a horror so it could go in talks real if I wanted it to. Whenever it does combat damage to a player, you pick one that hasn't been chosen. It's also unblockable. That's important to note. Put two plus one plus one counters on it. Neat draw card pretty good.
Speaker 2: This is when it deals combat damage, you have to choose one.
Speaker 1: Of these correct or signent. Hallkeeper becomes a copy of another target creature that we control. I like that.
Speaker 2: It's too bad you can't do that, but it keeps its first ability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sometimes it's probably right to choose that one first and forego the rest of the bullshit, right, because you got like a ten ten or something.
Speaker 1: But in the intrum, like it's a one one that's unblockable that comes into play on turn one, that turn two, yeah, I guess turned two. Yeah, and then attacks in and gets bigger if you have nothing to clone, and then maybe draws you something to clone, and then clone.
Speaker 2: Clones in and then clones it. Yeah. I like the versatility of Oh I've got this creature that early game, it's gonna draw me a card, and then later it's going to be this just giant, massive beater and.
Speaker 1: It looks kind of like the monster from Smile, which I like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, you can't not choose it, right, Yeah, you have to do something so it it, but it makes it okay because it can't be blocked, so you can just do it or not do it whenever you want. Yeah, this is a cool card. I like that one.
Speaker 1: One.
Speaker 2: I like that one. I like the blue Enchantress. What's it called? Oh man, I just had it.
Speaker 1: I know what it looks like.
Speaker 2: One entity tracker. Whenever an enchantment you control enters and whenever you fully unlock a room draw card and it's a flash two three for three. Usually these cards are like one ones or ones or O two's for three. This one at least has some power. I don't think that that matters. But it also has flash, and it's important that it's on enter right, Like my Enchantress deck has multiple instances of bringing enchantments back from your grave art to the battlefield. Right, And this is just gonna like mass draw me cards again on top of the other ones that also do that.
Speaker 1: And you'll notice that it doesn't say only triggers wants to turn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, f that it's going to be shitty. Maybe a white card.
Speaker 1: It would be white, you're probably, yeah, I you know what.
Speaker 2: I wish we had more time because I would like to get in on like the Fear of cycle, and I would like to talk more extensively about doors. And they did do the thing that we wanted them to do with the with the door punch outs that you put on top of your cards.
Speaker 1: Just fun.
Speaker 2: I think that different aftermarket ones are a little like molded or three D printed ones would also be fun.
Speaker 1: That would be cool. Or if we have an old hero Quest game, which is another Hasbero thing, I think they just have like the little doors. You could pull them out of the base and just use those. Yes, Oh, there's an open door token that comes with the game too, so when you open it with.
Speaker 2: All the.
Speaker 1: Gears they're turning.
Speaker 2: Oh. But then again, if we ever did another Lord of the Ring set, we could have a little round hobbit doors. Huh.
Speaker 1: I hate that.
Speaker 2: Oh, I hate that at all. Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't like that even a little bit. Not into that. Are there any we haven't talked about a black card. We should probably talk about a black card and a green card. If they're dudes that are good.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of black cards that I care about. But I want to talk about Demonic Council. They read this one. I have Okay, sorcery Black one, follow me so far? Yes, search your library for a demon card, put it in your hand and shuffle. Yep, that's already good because black demons like I would probably put demons in my deck just to find them with this. Sure, that's good. If you got delirium, ye, Uncle Brando's favorite ability. It's not four or more different card types than your graveyary, probably will because black I hate creatures, I hate everything. Sure, just search for something. It becomes a demonic.
Speaker 1: Tutor, conditional demonic tutor.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Delirium tutor.
Speaker 2: If you will dem delirium, demilirium, deliriumic.
Speaker 1: Now that sounds stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a freaking sickle cell delirium.
Speaker 1: Do we care about that removal spell everybody's talking about.
Speaker 2: I do. It's it's the last Black card, withering torment. This is also the magic community this week. Destroy target, creature or enchantment. You lose to life for Black two. And look at the speed of that card, a Colebrando.
Speaker 1: It's an instant.
Speaker 2: It's an instant, not like what's feed the swarm. Swarm.
Speaker 1: Everybody thinks it's an instant, except this one actually is so cool.
Speaker 2: I wonder if the number of times people think feed the swarm as an instant goes up or down because of withering torment. I think it definitely goes up.
Speaker 1: Hey, oh well for sure it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I thought it was like withering torment. Yeah, that's the sorcery.
Speaker 1: Broh. The number of times I've been caught with that is just not caught but just not God.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you catch yourself, or somebody says to you, yeah, read the fucking.
Speaker 1: I think the last time I did it at instant speed, I like pointed, I was like, yeah, I'm gonna destroy that never fucking mind, and I just like sank back in my chair and was grumpy, me grumpy. What.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got one red card. You know what, there's actually a lot of cards. I've said this over the last few sets we've done. There's lots of cards in these decks that I in these sets that I want, And what I've found myself doing more of than anything lately is pulling band cards out of my deck. Okay. Vengeful possession. This is a sorcery for Red two gain control of target creature until end of turn on tap it against haste that is threaten effect, right, but this one says you may discard a card if you do draw card neat, So it also gives you a little bit of rummaging or cycling chaos straw or whatever it's called, right, I think that's which which I like this. This feels like a distinct upgrade over like straight up threaten, which I think I still play in my threatened deck. It's gonna foil one for monslought. This one's got cool art and it gives me a reason to have something in my graveyard which I can then reanimate in that deck or just see another card and it's boros, So I mean I'm gonna want to do that as much as i can. Yeah, Green, what do you got in green?
Speaker 1: Are there green cards that are good? Honestly, I'm not sure I put any green cards in any of my decks except for that the tap to oh, the playland from.
Speaker 2: Graveyard one, that was the one I was going to.
Speaker 1: That's the room is I think greenhouse.
Speaker 2: It's the walk in closet.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, there it is. You can play land from your graveyard, oh yep.
Speaker 2: For three, So.
Speaker 1: That's essentially Crucible of Worlds. But with the green man of pip involved yep, and then on the other side it's got green green three. When you unlock this door, you make cast spells from your graveyard this turn, and if a car to be put in your grave ord from anywhere, you exile it instead. So it's sort of yogmaths will it is yogmans will. Yes, literally yogmoths will.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that. We talked about this with the with the five color commander that can lock door or so you can unlock that again each turn to play stuff out of your graveyard. I think that that's really good use of that. Yogmot's will for five not that good this card instead of crucible Worlds and yog moths will being two different cards in my lands deck ad Nauseum, I would rather take six three from each of those rather than add nauseum taking eight from this. But this is on one card, which and you know it's bad.
Speaker 1: Let's let's let a spade be a spade. Wait a zog moths will lots of money, really strong, might get banned, could be might get banged to get these while they're twenty five cents kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what though, if if I could see this one card and take eight off of it, and I play sixty eight or sixty nine land. Yep, maybe I want to up my land count by one. Cut yog Moth's Will and and but that would mean I would have to cut yog Will and Crucible of Worlds and played this one of right, m hm, because I get two cards on one piece of cardboard, take two cards out, and then I get an extra land. I think actually I take less damage long run off of ad nauseum unless I run really freaking bad on ad nauseum, which I've been to do in the past. But that is my favorite room. Room. That's what they're called the rooms. That's my favorite room.
Speaker 1: There was a couple that I actually ended up playing. I played that one. And there's the one that makes your uh, your.
Speaker 2: Dudes unholyanus untap.
Speaker 1: I think it's a white one. I'll see if I can find it really quickly.
Speaker 2: That's a blue one. I remember seeing it too. We read all of these when we were driving home from Regina the other day, and I like, I like this mechanic, and I hope that we see it again.
Speaker 1: I kind of have a sinking feeling that we won't. But I kind of hope we do too. And I don't like cards like this. There's the sideways bullshit cards. I hate those, and I've been on record as saying that I hate them, and I hate these two, but I am playing some of them because they are kind and I have to admit it. I have to when something's good, I have to say that it's good, or nobody will believe me when I say something is bad. So I think these are cool. Dazzling Theater is a white one that comes. The left hand side is white. Three creature spells you control have convoked so you can tap your dudes to play your other dudes yep. And then the other one is the prop room. It's for white and two untap each creature you control during each other player's untapped staff directly into a thori to replace manacrypt so that I can attack in with a create a bunch of tapped and attacking dudes that then untap to block so that I don't find out how hard you can punch back.
Speaker 2: I like the cards that look like they should be sideways on your playmat. I like those because they sit there and they look landscape instead of being vertically but being a split card in my hand the wrong way, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like the battles. While I don't like them, there's a couple that are good. The Invasion of I Coorea. It's a creature tutor that turns over into an eight eight.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a green sun zene. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that one's good. And I like I like what planes look like. Sure, what's the black one that allows me to this? Might this the other one that I like? I like? Oh, and I like how they're joined in the middle. I never even noticed that before? Yeah, how did I not notice that?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Am I dumb ass?
Speaker 1: I'm not saying nothing. I'm not answering that. I'm not. I'm trying to be really non hostile.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like these way more now, Okay, Funeral Room is black two. When a creature you control dies, each apport loses one and you gain one. So that could be a combo piece with Grave Crawler in my zombie deck already. Sure, so I already want effects like that, And I could maybe cut like a a Zulaport cutthroat or a blood artist. Sure, and I could also cut a Twilight's Call or a Living Death because the other side is Awakening Hall Black Black six. When you unlock this door, return all creature cards from your graveyard to the battlefield. That's Twilight's call for eight, which I have cast for eight, so I could do that at instant speed. This could allow me to replace two cards with one piece of cardboard and free up a slot in my deck. I think this. I think the theme of this week with Dusk Morn and the Bands is freeing up slots in my deck. What am I gonna do with them?
Speaker 1: The one upside to having to cut all these cards is you've got an empty sleeve and you have to put a card in it. Yes, sir, and that's that's not nothing.
Speaker 2: Hey, I like that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the land Okay, those the thirteen or I don't give a shit about those. If you control a basic of a type or whatever. I like those ones. They're not fetchable. But I think the rare land cycle in this set is very good. I really really like it. I did replace a couple of basics with them, you know what I mean? Like if it just taps for Red Natively and my Green, I just.
Speaker 2: If they don't, they don't eat to be tapped. Yeah, They're just good.
Speaker 1: They're just good lands, and I like them alone.
Speaker 2: Man, it's too bad. Okay, So bleeding Wood, Nope, that's the thirteen life one. What's the red one where you do the thing? Okay, So thornspire Verge. It's a land that taps for red or taps for green. Activate only if you control a mountain or a forest. Cool. That's fine on turn one if I need a red ye and it's fine on turn two if I have a second basic in my hand, or a shyland or whatever, or a trium or do a land and I need a green. Yeah, these are good.
Speaker 1: These are cool cards.
Speaker 2: These would be freaking amazing if they had one basic land type on them, Like if thornspire Verge was land, long dash, mountain or forest or forest. I don't I don't care, because there's ten of them. Yeah right, These would be absolutely cherry money staples, staples forever. If they're not staples already, I think that they might be. I think that these are good, and I think that we might see these as the de facto like rare land in a pre con instead of scry lands or surveill lands. These might be the ones I hope, so it could be very cool. This seems a lot more commonplace and easier to grasp for new players in a pre con than surveil or scry, And it's definitely better than eat to be tapped to color, gain one life by a lot, right, or scry one yes right. I like these quite a bit, and I also like the thirteen or less life ones, but just because I want to fricking play ad.
Speaker 1: Nauseum, and I didn't think we were ever going to get these. And we've had this conversation I would say years ago, or at least for a while, we've been having this conversation. Valgavath's Layer is an enchantment land. I didn't think we were ever going to see these, just because it's an chapment that comes into play for free that triggles all year when your enchantments comes into play stuff and it's just, I don't know, like it's kind of They don't usually print those anymore. The artifact lands are restricted in a bunch of formats through Outright Band and other ones, just because they're so good and they're so easy to trigger a lot of like how many artifacts you control things? Now we have an Enchantment one as well. Granted there's only one, but it means they're willing to do it. So who knows where this is gonna go?
Speaker 2: Now? I would ask you, is the card good? Okay? So it's got hex proof. Etb's tapped and as it enters, choose a color and then it taps for a man of any color.
Speaker 1: Hmm, it's fine.
Speaker 2: I would like it better probably if et be't untapped but did not have hex proof, because I'm putting myself at risk of getting my nuts leg blown out.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Not in a good way, yep, because I run at my enchanter's deck. But it draws me a card and it's a land that's pretty good. It's pretty good. Do I want it in my Enchantress deck?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 2: I probably do. Do I want it in in What's the guy that cares about two different card types? We just reviewed him last week, one of the one of.
Speaker 1: The scarecrow guys.
Speaker 2: Scarecrow Guy. Yes, probably want him in there.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And it's like a three dollars card, you would think. I suppose it's only at rare, it's not at mythic, and I suppose the artifact lands were at common and here and modern horizons too, is when we saw the two color et be tapped. Artifact lands indestructible, artifact indestructible. Oh, this one's got hex proof.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't know if I like that design space where they're like, you know what, you can play this high risk land, but we're we're gonna give.
Speaker 1: You the easy out that we're gonna you know what for you.
Speaker 2: You know what. That's like not letting your kids ride in the back of the truck or not letting them drink out of the hose. Yeah, it's like not letting them put sticks in the fire and then have sword fights in the dark, like if you're gonna play with fire burned hand to kind of teach his.
Speaker 1: Best Yeah, and Ryan's a dad, so he knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And not that I'm not that I subscribe to like the rhetoric of I suffered, so you should too. I learned that way, so you should have to learn that way. I don't teach like that.
Speaker 1: Man. I learned how to wrestle like that, and it's awful, And I can see why so many people are against that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly right. But man, if I want to be greedy and run an enchantment land. I want that sucker to not have X proof and I wanted to die like a fucking man. It's like having no air bags in my old truck. If I get a crash, it's if I smash into the ditch man, it's on me.
Speaker 1: No land or no seat belts, no airbags, no bullshit.
Speaker 2: It didn't even come with seat belts.
Speaker 1: Are there any artifacts that we give.
Speaker 2: A I wanted to ask you about a little guy named Friendly Teddy. When it dies, each player draws a card. Do I put this in Lord of Trusser Horse.
Speaker 1: No? No, no, there's other things that die and draw you a card and not me a card.
Speaker 2: Yes at two Manna, don't pretend that have flying.
Speaker 1: I'm helping you. I don't even all that ship.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love the pun with Attack in the Box.
Speaker 2: I love Attack in the Box.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I like to section tools. We talked about that already.
Speaker 2: I love sex tools too, that's well said.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what card? I?
Speaker 2: Oh no, not Haunted screen. That was the one I definitely definitely wanted to talk about because it's very smart. This is a smart card. Yes, it it's a three drop.
Speaker 1: Manner rock, so it's unplayable.
Speaker 2: Okay. Taps are black or white, and it's a TV. It's a black and white TV, right, okay. But I can pay one life and add RGB to it.
Speaker 1: You can pay a little more for it to be in color.
Speaker 2: See it's perfect, specifically RGB red, WLLL green. Or you can pay seven manna. Jesus put seven plus one counters on it and it becomes a zero zero with like a seven to seven and it's a spirit creature in addition to its other types. Activate only once so you can't spam it and just make it an infinity. But it becomes a seven to seven like in seven Day on the Ring and shit, right, I get the resolve.
Speaker 1: It says activate only once, Like when does that happen? Like if I have twenty one mana, can I put it on the stack three times?
Speaker 2: No? Activate only once means you can only attempt to put it on the stack one time.
Speaker 1: That sucks.
Speaker 2: It would say something like if it's the third time this spell resolved, this turn or or something like that, right, like the like the the elementals from Laura and remember no.
Speaker 1: I think if you have fourteen manna that you want to dump into your haunted screen. They should let you. Oh yeah, that's what I think I want.
Speaker 2: I want two of those ring girls.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine you go dock side extortionist manacrypt Soul ring Ah, because that's totally cool.
Speaker 2: Man a vault.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah yeah, tap all that shit out all my lands haunted screen and haunted screen, double activate haunted screen, and you're going, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Small hit myself for fourteen, play one of those lands etb's untapped because I'm at freaking twelve. Yeah, you know what, lots of cool cards in the set, Like we don't need to tell people, like we don't need to tell magic players that are interested in bands and interested in magic podcasts that there's cool cards in this set. But I do like them. I do love a bunch of the imagery in here. I love the horror movie references that randomly I'll just remember or get ye or when I hear you say, oh yeah, that's the guy and I'm like, oh, yeah, that is the guy. Or the first time I saw the killer mask or whatever, right, what's the card massacre mask, the killer's mask, fucking face.
Speaker 1: I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know what I mean? Right? Yeah? Did we talk about the showcase TV frames? We like these, right?
Speaker 1: I do? Okay, I think that they're cool because I'm good TVs like watching TV when my cards are TV good.
Speaker 2: I like. We talked about the two color double exposure guys.
Speaker 1: Exposures very cool. Did you see that key opened a uh a super duper textured one? Oh yeah yeah, our boy, actual coolest thing to come out of Regina.
Speaker 2: Oh, never heard of her?
Speaker 1: Yeah the anime card. Least take her to leave it? The cracked yu gi oh, super sparkle foils. I haven't seen one of those in real life.
Speaker 2: Well that's not what Kiel got. No, what a loser?
Speaker 1: I know. He's yeah, he's fine, he's good. He's good. Good dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you get your twitching doll?
Speaker 1: I sure did, And I put it into decks.
Speaker 2: That card's good, right.
Speaker 1: I put it in two decks. I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna review this card. It's a spider toy artifact creature. It's my last card. Okay, okay to two green one ye cat made out of fricking spiders. Hell yeah, it's already gross. Yeah yeah, it's in your bed obviously, tap to add one man of any color, put a nest counter on twitching to all gross. So it's a two drop any color man of rock wats he likes those? Now they're doing those like left, right and center.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the one drop ones for animar better though, Tap sacrifice twitching doll, create a two two green spider creature token with reach for each counter on twitching doll.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah.
Speaker 2: So like you play it on turn two, tap it on turn three, four, five, six, yep, and then you sacrifice it on turn seven and you get four. You get eight power with the guys yep. That's okay, right, And like I don't hate that. And they're spiders, which matters.
Speaker 1: And there's been sneaky spiders support.
Speaker 2: The SSS over the podcast.
Speaker 1: Over the last couple of years. So like, the spider players get it. The people who just want kind of a neat man a door. This is a really cool card. And I would go on record as saying I think that this is my favorite promo, like by a box promo in a long time. I really like this card a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, look at the regular.
Speaker 1: Art, the regular artist.
Speaker 2: How's How's that worse? How's that worse?
Speaker 1: How can it be? How can it be worse than an actual cat made of spiders? A creepy doll made of spiders? Gross?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Isn't that gross? It's there's its face since face fell off spiders, it keeps getting worse. Oh no, you hate it?
Speaker 2: I hate it?
Speaker 1: Is that the last card? I want to talk about it?
Speaker 2: I got it feels like it's on my leg.
Speaker 1: That's your leg healing. That's the bone. Yeah, that's what that is. Got a sort leg, that's what that is. Well, we'll let you rest your leg. We'll get out of it if you want to pick up any of the cards that we talked about here today. By all means, I don't know what the Fusion Gaming Online dot Com the other stories for all your gaming needs you special promo code CCO Summer save yourself five percent of all this ship that you're gonna buy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they're probably gonna change that on a sort of way. It's probably gonna be like CEO Fall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope it's falling of Autumn because I was wrong.
Speaker 2: CECO Crypt, CEO Red Dawn, CEO r I.
Speaker 1: P CCO bad bad enough, Ceco, get fucked.
Speaker 2: Ceco.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do about it?
Speaker 2: But that's probably what it'll be.
Speaker 1: Oh man, any one of those things would probably do. You can also, if you're in Regina, in the Greater Reagina area, you can hit over the Pile of Bones, eat yourself a pork belly smash burger, and have yourself a delicious beer. They're really good people over there. They take care of you. They have nice hats and cool shirts, and it's it's a very good place.
Speaker 2: I forgot to wear my Oh I forgot to wear my pile of bones hat.
Speaker 1: Mine's a cameo hat, so I'm very torn. Oh mine too.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you want a CEO hat, Command of Cookoat.
Speaker 1: Also, the book is there, that's important to mention. That alters every Thursday in our Facebook. We're we're gonna plug it there.
Speaker 2: Frazzled.
Speaker 1: We're just frazzled with rage. But we're gonna, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna drink a beer about it. And I hope that everybody else out there does the same. Just take a breath. It's unfortunately it's the way magic goes. This is it's life right, yes, sir, and we're just gonna have to to go on with it. And if you are passionate about it, don't take it or in any one person. It's not their fault. It's Watsy for putting hers in this fucking position to start with.
Speaker 2: Take it out in the sea comments on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And if you're passionate about it also there are there are petitions, go sign them. If you want it changed back then let your voice be heard in a constructive way. Don't just go out and threaten to kill somebody. That's not gonna get anybody or any of us want to be. And if you want to just like vent some rage, I'll vent with you. Come onto the discord. Well, I'll talk shit with you. I'm quite upset.
Speaker 2: Vent session thread on there. Maybe Laura can set that up just pretty.
Speaker 1: Good for those sorts of things. So we'll see how it goes manyway. Thank you so much for being with us. If you replace your band cards with something from Dusk Warner anywhere else, let us know down in the comments. We'd love to hear from you. And we're going to be back next weekend to talk decks on a very exciting episode of comment or cook out podcast.
Speaker 2: Urthy