Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Cleopatrick twenty five, twenty five. Maybe that was it anyways, an awesome show. No longer around tipping my hat. KFI AM six forty Life Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Neil savedra in for Gary today on the Gary and Shannon Show, Having great time?
Speaker 3: Are you I'm here?
Speaker 1: You did not sell that, You're like, I am having a great time.
Speaker 3: B to BD.
Speaker 4: We have a set of Chargers.
Speaker 1: Tickets to give. Okay, that's right. The Bolts back in action at SOFI. This is the Jim Harbaugh era. Don't miss Justin Herbert. Get your tickets at Chargers dot com. We've got a pair of tickets for tomorrow's game against the Rams at SOFI.
Speaker 4: Kickoff is at four oh five.
Speaker 1: We will do caller number six at one.
Speaker 4: Eight hundred. I don't know the number.
Speaker 3: One eight hundred five two zero one five one.
Speaker 4: Can it's only been twenty years?
Speaker 2: Wait now one five three four yeah, eight hundred five two zero one five three four eight hundred five two zero one five three four color number six eight hundred five to zero one five, three four A pair of tickets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not good with the bookkeeping.
Speaker 3: You know, mine sake carry one?
Speaker 4: What else is going on?
Speaker 3: IB four E? What else is happening?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Is that a cue?
Speaker 6: Time?
Speaker 7: Four?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 1: Concern over possible unrest during the DNC has some business owners in Chicago taking precautions.
Speaker 3: Wow, like a hurricane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're boarding up windows and doors could be seen with boards over them already yesterday. One business owner, Scott Shapiro says, as we know, the city has a poor track record when it comes to protecting business is so they decided to take percussions. So this history was looted during the George Floyd civil unrest, the protesting that devolves in twenty twenty. Well, he put up boards, then didn't take the plywood down until a year later.
Speaker 3: So look at these.
Speaker 2: You've got bodies outside of unjust laws, poor people's army, all these groups coalition of march on the DNC Illinois Policy Institute like.
Speaker 3: Icago Coldition.
Speaker 1: It was a poor people marching, poor people's army. That sounds like the one I'm going to get involved with.
Speaker 3: Oh, you'll recognize him, no shoes.
Speaker 1: Hurricane Ernesto has charged toward Bermuda today. They are preparing to open shelters, closed government offices. It's a Category two storm now. Maximum sustained wins to one hundred miles per hour. Can you imagine that life threatening floods were expected there in Bermuda and just dangerous swimming conditions up the east coast here on the mainland.
Speaker 2: Prisoner's serving life for murder. He escaped in North Carolina. He's been caught. Authorities are telling us, and that's a good thing. He was serving life sentence for.
Speaker 3: Murder. What a booking photo.
Speaker 4: I think he probably was roughed up a little bit.
Speaker 1: He took off from a transport van, used the old I need a medical appointment excuse and was able to evade the officers that were there. He took off into the woods in handcuffs. He had freed himself from his leg restraints. They caught up with him at a hotel near Charlotte.
Speaker 3: And you want to know more about this citizen.
Speaker 2: He murdered a one year old who he shot on Christmas Day in twenty fifteen from a passing car.
Speaker 1: Governor Gavin Newsome today signed up partisan package of ten bills to go after those smash and grab robberties, robberies, and property crimes, trying to prove that they're tough enough on crime to while trying to convince voters to reject a ballot measure that would bring even harsher sentences for repeat offenders of shoplifting and drug charges. This is the most significant change to address retail theft in years. But it's too bad. You're one of the drivers behind Prop. Forty seven, which paved the way for all these crimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like, now we have to clean up the mess we made.
Speaker 1: It's like him going clearing the encampment and he's like, why are you paying attention? Why aren't you paying attention? You've been here for decades. Yeah, living this happened on your watch.
Speaker 2: Missouri woman arrested in this crazy scheme, Like how ballsy is this? Allegedly she was trying to defraud Elvis Presley's family through the Graceland cell sale. She was going to sell it for like three million or something. She was super brazen and basically said that Lisa Marie Presley took a loan out from her and so she was taking over the property of Graceland was going to sell it.
Speaker 1: Authorities have found and estimated three hundred thousand suspected fentanyl pills at a clandestine lab in Orange County this week. This was in Fountain Valley, and in addition to the thousands or the hundreds of thousands of fentanyl pills, they found other drugs and machinery used for drug making.
Speaker 2: Wow, talk about they get the hazmat suits. Would you want to clean that up?
Speaker 3: You want to call them?
Speaker 2: Come get that now? In great news? That actually makes me interested. In the Emmy Awards, Eugene and Dan Levy are going to host the twenty twenty four Emmy Awards on ABC.
Speaker 3: They are thrilled.
Speaker 5: When is that.
Speaker 2: It's the seventy sixth and it will be September fifteenth. But they're hilarious and that Levy was not a very good looking man when he was younger, but he's grown into.
Speaker 4: A very handsome fellow. He really has.
Speaker 2: It's like his son is like handsome from birth right, but he's grown into kind of a gray fox that.
Speaker 4: What you call him?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, but a handsome guy, incredibly talented. I've loved him since the early SCTV days when I was introduced to him and thought he was Hi Larius.
Speaker 1: Coming up next your weekend Entertainment Report with our entertainment reporter Jason Nathanson. We've got the seventh Alien film since nineteen seventy nine hitting theaters today. This weekend, we'll get an update on that as well.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: I totally I did nothing.
Speaker 4: It was awful. That was awful.
Speaker 3: How dare you that was so awful? I did nothing?
Speaker 4: You did? You did your irreversible damage.
Speaker 1: Vice President Harris is unveiling the economic plan she'll buy forward. You're so Poud's not going to help if she wins the presidency in November. Proposals include boosting the child tax credit to six thousand dollars for the first year of that baby's life, increasing housing construction, a federal ban on grocery price gouging. Campaign plans to also include a twenty five thousand dollars subsidy for first time home buyers. All right, let's get right to it. It's your weekend Entertainment Report.
Speaker 5: The following program is for entertainment purposes, Homeline, Welcome to to Nights Entertainment.
Speaker 3: I have to entertain.
Speaker 5: Is this entertainment I have to entertain? I want to bring good quality entertainment here. I am not entertained.
Speaker 4: Why are you not?
Speaker 3: At the time entertainment.
Speaker 2: To life and lack all Bachelor parties, there was some entertainment.
Speaker 1: Jason Nathanson, our entertainment reporter over the Hill in Hollywood, joins us and I texted Janette yesterday because I was super excited to sit down watch season four of Emily in Paris, and I started watching it and it was pretty you know, for the for the first time, Jane att, I found.
Speaker 4: It to be a little grading for.
Speaker 5: The first time. Yeah, not the not the previous seasons that were all grading. This season, somehow was the one. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to push through it, and obviously I'll push through it, but I just it's the first time that I sat down for the first uh you know, the first episode and was not thoroughly delighted.
Speaker 5: Nothing changed, though, I want you to know that I know, maybe the same show. Maybe I changed, maybe you did, but it's still the same show that it has been for all the previous three seasons. This one is no different, and I'm glad you finally come around to my side of things, because I just I can't get with it. And I again, I watched every single episode of this show, including all five episodes of this new season, the first half of it, and it continues to be there is. There is not one couple on this show that I want to see get together. There is no chemistry between anybody. I want them all to break up. I want them all to go their separate ways. I don't like I don't like any of them together. And that's the problem when you're when you're a romantic comedy.
Speaker 1: I kind of picked up on that yesterday for the first time. I didn't really believe she is not She is so cute, she's so sweet, but she's not believable in a romantic relationship.
Speaker 5: There's no there's just no chemistry there between in any of them. Yeah, except maybe her and and her friends. Like some of the friends stuff is okay in terms of the romantic stuff, and some of the work stuff is okay, but it's it's kind of silly, but that's that's fine. But the show is at its heart, it leans into the room and stuff, and that's its biggest downfall. Maybe if it focused more time on fashion agency. Yeah, and the and the friends and come on, the outfits that she wears are so I mean, maybe they're high fashion and maybe they're fine, but first of all, for whatever salary she's making, she couldn't afford all that stuff.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: But it's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: It's like sex and the city, you know, and carries out fits.
Speaker 5: That's fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun. It's like it's like one of my big girls.
Speaker 5: Is what it is. I guess it's my biggest quibble.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: My biggest problem was and what turned me off to that show, please was its name.
Speaker 3: And so I never watched it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, just the name alone.
Speaker 2: And Paris tells me, don't watch unless you get paid to watch, like j Net.
Speaker 5: You have something against Emily's or Paris, or I don't.
Speaker 3: That's one goes.
Speaker 2: To Paris, I think, is what my thing is. If an Emily goes to Paris, or if it's a Jane.
Speaker 1: I love every movie or show in Harris because I think Paris is magic, and so I'll watch every property that's shot in Paris.
Speaker 5: And that's what I think keeps me watching the show is for Paris. Yeah, if it were set in Chicago, where she's originally from, or even la or New York, I would not care whatsoever. But the fact that it's in Paris at least makes it a little bit different. They're capitalizing by the you know, releasing it now after the games, the Olympic Games, because people, you know, are still all hyped up on Paris. So it ties in and it's a successful show for them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so Vince Vaughn has a new comedy. I didn't know about Bad Monkey. What's that all about?
Speaker 5: This is an adaptation of Carl Heusen novel from twenty thirteen. Carl Heuson, of course a very popular writer.
Speaker 3: It's a great book.
Speaker 5: They've tried to adapt a lot of his stuff before and it's never really worked out. You remember Strip Teas in the nineties with Demi Moore, that was a Karl Haison book, and so they haven't really figured to crack the code in Hollywood. And Bill Lawrence thinks he has here. Bill Lawrence, the guy behind Scrubs, Ted Lasso, Shrinking, you know, a bunch of great comedies, and so he feels like it's just been Carl Heys and stuff has needed a chance to breathe. They haven't been able to have the adaptation set in the streaming world before, and so he thinks that'll work better than a movie, and so that's what they have here, with Vince Vaughan playing a detective in the Florida Keys. I love the setting of this almost more than anything. It's just it's really laid back, and it looks like you think, ah, I could hang out there, and then you remember the humidity and the mosquitoes and the alligators and all that kind of stuff, but it seems, you know, it's really kind of an idyllic beach lifestyle. He's trying to solve a murder. He's very Vince vaughan ish, but not as gruff. I think it's a it's a little more of a nicer Vince Vaughan, but he's still kind of snarky and funny, and all the characters have their own quirks and funny. The dialogue is really good in this, so I enjoyed the first episode. It remains to be seen if I'm going to continue with it, though I'm curious. I have to keep watching maybe maybe another episode or.
Speaker 4: Did you see this seventh Alien film?
Speaker 5: I did Alien Alien Romulus, which I know you're running out to the theater to see. No, you're not. It stars Kaylee Spanney. Who is she is? She is great? She was in Civil War earlier this year if you saw that. Also Priscilla last year. She played Priscilla Pressley and she leads this one. There's a lot of you know, scary dark hallways with gross things dripping down them, and you know, suspenseful and dark. And I think he would kind of.
Speaker 4: Expect alien movie, not one, not one.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 5: I think it's I think as an American.
Speaker 4: You kind of American?
Speaker 5: Yeah right, yeah, first.
Speaker 2: One, A strong female lead, Sigourney Weaver. Yeah geez, come on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, calling into question your patriotism and feminism here, Shannon.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll watch which one should I watch? I'll watch one of them?
Speaker 1: The first one, Okay, the first one, the first one seventy nine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so check that check check that one out. But you know, if you're not into scary, uh kind of action films, then you know it's probably not going to be for you. It's a little bit one note, but it's it's it's decent, it's decently done.
Speaker 1: There are two types of genres that I don't watch, sci fi and horror.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going to look at it well, love it because in space no one can hear you scream.
Speaker 4: So that's where that comes from. Yes, oh wow, okay, it's okay.
Speaker 5: There's no yeah, how does grab you face?
Speaker 3: What? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Popping out of the test the kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I will all live. Text you through my alien journey.
Speaker 5: Thank you alien in Paris. That's the see I crossed that would you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It's like where and then it's like my god, double Jock comes out and.
Speaker 4: Be great Jason, than that gets you. Guys are stupid, But.
Speaker 1: I love you, Thank you and have a great weekend.
Speaker 5: That's a great way to do things.
Speaker 3: By idiot by.
Speaker 2: Jason Nathanson over the hill where he will stay as long as Shannon's over here.
Speaker 7: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from kf I A M six forty.
Speaker 3: The year of my birth.
Speaker 1: Only one dud so far that I know of in nineteen sixty nine. Oh sorry, but I sat with you for four hours today and I'm starting to pick up your humor.
Speaker 3: Well, I have been appeached to you.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 4: I've been very nice. You have, You've been very well behaved.
Speaker 1: At this time, we like to find out what you learned on the Gary and Shannon Show this week. It's not always great, it's not always.
Speaker 4: The upper echelon of knowledge, but we appreciate it.
Speaker 5: So here you go, Hi, Neil Shannon, great show.
Speaker 9: What I learned this week?
Speaker 10: What I learned today is I'm a dbag is on my sixty seven Primaro RS.
Speaker 8: My license plate says, oh wow, because it's an awesome car.
Speaker 9: And by the.
Speaker 2: Way, it's also my birthday July twenty and nineteen sixty eight, so Abby the lady birthday, Neil.
Speaker 5: What I learned today on the Neil on The Shannon Show, I'm a d man, doctor or a lawyer. I have a person's last license plate three R now five three or now five. We had twins, so the three of us turned to five.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: I like that all right?
Speaker 9: Two? Thanks, I'll pay Neil and Shannon. This week on the Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that Jesus probably had the butter which makes it nice. And I also learned that there seems to be a market for bedtime sex story with Steve Gregor Take Care of Five.
Speaker 7: Hey, Shannon Trucker Brandon from La out here in Shannon Dooa County, Virginia right now on my way to Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I learned that Gary does not like to put butter on his baked potato.
Speaker 4: How can you not put butter on a baked potato?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 4: Love your show and always listening. Talk to you later. I have a great weekend.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, I learned that Gary Hoffman does not use butter on.
Speaker 5: His baked potato.
Speaker 3: Put a monster, come mind?
Speaker 7: Neil weigh in on this.
Speaker 5: How crazy is? How crazy is? Very?
Speaker 8: What I learned this week is that Shannon hates pumpkin spice, everything and anything. As bonus today, I heard there's gonna be funking spice hefty trash bags.
Speaker 2: Oo oo.
Speaker 4: The Channon stop being so feisty, kick him right in.
Speaker 11: The Shin this week on Gary and Shannon, I learned that Shannon missus Gary respects Leila and cautious with Neil, probably because they have similar dominant personalities.
Speaker 5: Here's my suggestion, why.
Speaker 11: Don't you take Lebela Mohammad and Neil Savedra with you next week to the DNC.
Speaker 5: Wow, that would be a great show.
Speaker 10: This week on The Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that the center stone in Stonehenge came from a rock quarry like four hundred miles away in Scotland. I know that wasn't really that fascinating to you, Shannon, but as an engineering thing, it's kind of interesting to men because we kind of, like, you know, want to know how to move things that are big and heavy, Like if the big one hit in the four or five came down, how are we going to get those people out from underneath it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, y'all have a good weekend.
Speaker 3: By guys.
Speaker 10: This week on the Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that Shannon could be the parents in the room.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend, Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 6: I learned that the centerpiece of Stonehenge, one of the Great Seven Wonders of the World, originated in Scotland. Well that's a lot different than we actually thought. And Shannon just doesn't really seem to care.
Speaker 4: I hit a nerve.
Speaker 6: I cared enough to actually do some research about Stonehenge, and little did I know, Stone Hitge eats back from before the Great Pyramids of Egypt, and we also thought that centered block came from somewhere else. I think it's amazing what ancient humans could do. Period Stonehenge is one of those Seven Wonders of the World, even though Shannon only seems to care about.
Speaker 5: Football and bears in her backyard.
Speaker 8: Hey guys, this week on the Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that Shannon is not going to get off the meat, nor should she.
Speaker 4: I also learned that she needs to grow up. But you know, if Shannon grows up, this show is going to bite.
Speaker 5: So never grow up, girl.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend, you too.
Speaker 5: Talk to you later.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 2: I remember that one lady that called and left a message when I said Tasty Tuesday said that, you know, humans are the only ones that drink milk, you know, into their older age and all this stuff. And I'm thinking, we're also the only ones that wright. You're the only ones to stand on two legs, the only one that build and create.
Speaker 1: It's okay for us to have our own things. Yeah, it just is like, you know, there's a lot of things we're we're different. We don't eat our young No, we shouldn't. We shouldn't. AnyWho ps. That nineteen sixty seven Cherry Chevy Camaro RS. That's an awesome car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let me clarify, both of those people are.
Speaker 1: Not do You offended people by calling them d bags if they weren't doctors or lawyers, And I offended the Stonehenge crown.
Speaker 2: But I you know what, I should have said classic cars because Camaro, you could do anything. You're cooler than me already, so you do anything, and the family stuff, I'll give you family stuff.
Speaker 4: That was cool.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think that's very cool. So that to pass who was the douchebag then there was?
Speaker 1: I think it was Gary for not putting butter on his baked potato.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 2: So I'm shifting that. I'm taking it off of the vanity plates. I'm now putting it on any horrible monster who would not put butter butter on their baked.
Speaker 1: Potato like that. To me, our friendship changed in that moment. I don't look at him the same after I found that out, and he kept he used a sour cream defense. I'm never a fan of the sour cream defense because sour cream is not butter. No, and he's like, you should see how much sour cream I put on there, and then you know, I don't need the butter, and I'm like, no, no, you always need the butter.
Speaker 2: On the potato cream on the base of butter. The butter is already on there even if you're get to put What you.
Speaker 1: Do is you get the butter in there first, so it soaks into the potatoes, and then you put the sour cream on, and then you put the bacon and the chives and all the rest.
Speaker 3: All know this butter is not a topping.
Speaker 4: No, it's an ingredients eggs.
Speaker 1: See, we don't clash our friends again, we don't clash.
Speaker 2: No, all right, the show's actually getting interesting before we're off at fifty.
Speaker 1: These are the nine news now it's you need to know stories that fell through the cracks of the news couch when we were busy eating the meat and potatoes that were the big news stories of the week. And so we will get the crumbs now and porazent them to you.
Speaker 4: Here's honorable mention.
Speaker 3: Honorable mention not supposed to.
Speaker 6: Honor.
Speaker 3: Serving with you didn't great and honorable motes.
Speaker 10: So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of Honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: It looks like the men's swimming team at Notre Dame is in trouble, been suspended over gambling and misconduct. Pete bavakuaveuvaqua isn't Wasn't he a baseball player?
Speaker 4: I'm asking the wrong person.
Speaker 2: Baseball is the one with the small round ball right exactly?
Speaker 5: You big thing? You know me?
Speaker 4: Stitches?
Speaker 1: It was Kurt oh and it was the Tommy Lassorta thing. Now I remember the whole story. Seventy two stitches, one hundred and sixty two. That's what I said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's see here.
Speaker 2: And they were when were they? When were they switched to red from blue?
Speaker 1: They said that the gambling twenty three look up violations are part of a deeply embedded team culture, dismissive of Notre Dame standards for student athletes. The investigation revealed that the swim team's coaching staff was not aware of the gambling or the scope or the extent of the team's misconduct. It doesn't say in this article what they were gambling on?
Speaker 3: Does it matter?
Speaker 4: Can you gamble on men's swimming? Dave Shuterra is one of our.
Speaker 1: It guys, and he bets on everything everything. I bet he would know if you can bet, I bet you can bet on collegiate men swimming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's number nine.
Speaker 3: Number nine.
Speaker 6: I did ninth places for cocky dirty nine times out of tennis partners dirty.
Speaker 4: Two, which is basically everybody at table learning.
Speaker 11: I'll be all ready to go another nine?
Speaker 7: And Niner?
Speaker 4: Did I catch ack niner in there? Will you call him?
Speaker 5: From all walkie.
Speaker 1: Talking man heroes don't all wear capes, do they? Case in point, the mayor of Thompson, Georgia, has been indicted.
Speaker 3: What did he do? Well?
Speaker 1: The charge is that he illegally left a bottle of gin in a ditch for a state prison work crew.
Speaker 2: At least they're a work crew bush gin. He's got a nickname, Benji Okay.
Speaker 1: Benji Cranford indicted and arrested faces felony charges of furnishing prohibited items to inmates, an attempt to commit a felony that is that is a that is a stiff penalty for trying to leave some seagrums for a work crew.
Speaker 2: Well, youst it's not just the bad guys, it's the working bad guys.
Speaker 3: Number eight clived his bowled every eight second.
Speaker 5: Listening to eight different bosses drawn on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: Hey, I love a groundhog story, doesn't How about one whose name is Colonel Custard? Are they all in Pennsylvania or just the notable groundhogs?
Speaker 3: I think they all moved there after the Great Famine.
Speaker 1: Yes, an intrepid varmint dubbed Colonel Custard so named for the frozen custard shop and mini golf outlet where he was discovered.
Speaker 3: It couldn't be. He wasn't found in a crapper.
Speaker 1: He was found stowed away with a pestle of stuffed animals prizes in an arcade game two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's one of those claw games.
Speaker 4: Look at that dahn.
Speaker 1: You use that little claw and you drop it down. It picks up a groundhog. Yeah, it gets a really good grip until it comes over the opening.
Speaker 3: Then it goes, oh my, it's too heavy.
Speaker 1: I probably lost more money in the claw machine than I have at a blackjack table and my whole Let.
Speaker 2: Me tell you something. We were at like a Denny's or something. I think Max was maybe two three tops and he's like, I want to play, want to play, want to play, and I'm like, no one ever wins, put the money in and he won, and I'm like, that is going to be the impression.
Speaker 3: That's a core memory.
Speaker 4: Now that's a gambling addiction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the first lessons that you hope your kid learns correctly.
Speaker 4: Yours did not.
Speaker 1: And now he's going to end up downtown Vegas at the d playing in three in the morning the penny slots with Ray Lopez and you did that.
Speaker 2: That is that is the worst visual And I'm going to leave you now.
Speaker 3: That one hurts.
Speaker 2: Number seven, the seventh son of the seventh son, seven.
Speaker 5: Seven years of college down to dree seventy seven days.
Speaker 4: Your son sounds remarkable by the way he's in the kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really smart too, which is always fun to see on a small person.
Speaker 2: You know what, when you're seven, everything you say is smart. You get done when you we are born geniuses. I'm convinced and we get we're taught to be stupid some of that tracks. Yeah, there's studies actually, but anyhow.
Speaker 1: School district official in Chicago was sentenced to nine years in prison for stealing one point five million dollars worth of chicken wings. Vera is her name, Vera worked as chicken wings. That's a lot of chicken wings. As the director of food services at Harvey School District one fifty two, sixty eight years old, stole more than eleven thousand cases of chicken wings.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And you know who comes to the rescue.
Speaker 1: Who always comes to the rescue for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chris Joe from the Chiefs offers to cover the one point five million and for stolen chicken.
Speaker 4: What a great story for him.
Speaker 1: I mean he's already like, what, probably the best defensive tackle in the league, maybe top five.
Speaker 3: We just call him DTS where I'm from.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, that's delirium trump. That's different. That's too much X.
Speaker 1: That's great pr for the Chiefs and for Chris Jones. And I mean, nice move, but nice chicken wings. It's not like she stole I don't know, diamonds or something. Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 5: Got six, she got six number six.
Speaker 3: There's six more weeks of water.
Speaker 4: Do you have a picture of me, a rabbi and six drunken longshom.
Speaker 5: I would just stick you in a nursing home closer to us. I don't have to drive stick down drink another six.
Speaker 4: So I've read this.
Speaker 1: I read this in the New York or the LA Times earlier this week, and I was like, this is so such an inconsequential story.
Speaker 4: It's so silly, and it's such a rich people story.
Speaker 1: Right, there's a guy who's been accused of stealing sand and from the beach in Malibu.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so two billionaires going back and forth fighting over, you know, back and forth with each other, apparently accusing one of stealing mounds of sand from a public beach in Malibu for his own private construction project. So I don't At first I read this and I thought, Okay, while you're maybe pushing the mound to your property to make it more lush or something, I don't know, but is this guy actually using the sand like in concrete or something, or part of the actual construction.
Speaker 3: Process.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: As I was reading this story initially in the LA Times, I had questions too, and then realized I just don't care.
Speaker 4: Huh. Interesting, it's two rich people fighting over who's sand.
Speaker 3: Is, Who's that's usually everything?
Speaker 4: What is everything?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 3: I too? Rich people? No that that goes with the territory. Yeah, you don't often care.
Speaker 4: Number five five.
Speaker 3: I have fu we begin bombing in five minutes time.
Speaker 6: Geeze, this is the year.
Speaker 3: Five point five would be a favorite. Loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 1: Sometimes people have addictions, and sometimes it's not the usual ones that you think of. In this Illinois village mayor has her own addiction. It's a shopping addiction. This village has been plunged into millions of dollars of debt by the mayor's outrageous credit card spending.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Tiffany Henyard.
Speaker 2: She's said to have racked up forty thousand dollars spend on Amazon in a single day.
Speaker 3: I buy a lot of Amazon, but I'm nowhere near that.
Speaker 1: Among the expenses was a seventy seven hundred dollars spree at Target, I get it, Walgreen's Wayfair on a single day, on a single.
Speaker 3: Day, it uncovered.
Speaker 2: This report uncovered a three point six million dollar deficit the town's budget, which emerged under her tenure.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine that pretty lady.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous because she spends on professional glam squad well, I guess, yeahfessional hair and makeup. But how insane is that to have someone just a small town? Yeah, I know right, that kind of money that got bank rolls with. Yeah, that's their whole budget. That's not a freaking petty cash drawer. Number four.
Speaker 7: Is probably on his fourth tranquilizer by now.
Speaker 8: Four.
Speaker 6: This isn't the same world you left four years ago.
Speaker 1: After a six month investigation, seems a little bit overkilled, is it not. Police and Cartersville, Georgia have arrested four men connected to a criminal organization responsible for stealing bulk used cooking oil from restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually what did they use that for? They use it for a couple things. Drugs is one of them. As a matter of fact, they can clean it up and use it for fuel among other stuff. But yeah, they leave it out in the back, often in the back of the restaurant in the alleyway.
Speaker 1: Six months to investigate stolen cooking oil seems a lot. Maybe there's not a lot of crime in Cartersville, Georgia. Here's number three.
Speaker 8: Three shall be the number of count and the number of the counting shall.
Speaker 5: Be three were dead within three hours.
Speaker 3: Three security clearance level three.
Speaker 7: All three of the three.
Speaker 4: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your nast born live. After that, three days, they both start to stink.
Speaker 7: Three.
Speaker 1: A woman has given birth in the lobby of a movie theater.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's you've got to be really eager to watch a movie.
Speaker 1: Does it say which movie they went to go see? It does not, because you're right, that's got to be a blockbuster, right.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they were Wait a second.
Speaker 4: Sing two? Sing two was the movie?
Speaker 10: Is that what it was?
Speaker 1: Sarah was thirty nine weeks pregnant when she went to Cinema World at their three year old son, Liam and her parents went twenty minutes into the screening of Sing two, she felt discomfort, She went to the restroom. The discomfort grew, She laid down in the lobby.
Speaker 3: And water broke.
Speaker 4: Boom.
Speaker 3: Baby, It's like the backlot to her at Universal.
Speaker 4: Very similar, very similar. Number two. Oh, she's got free movies. I missed the point of the story.
Speaker 5: There's two sons in Miss Vines.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have a baby at a bank.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: So they just give you free money the rest of your life. I guess she gets free movies the rest of her life. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Man in Iowa allegedly shot his father after an argument about stinky feet. Yeah, I mean, if you're living that close with one another. He looked his mugshot. Looks like his feet smell, doesn't it?
Speaker 5: So who was it?
Speaker 2: He allegedly shot father after and arguing about stinky feet. So whose feet David's feet? The guy who was yeah, Dad was like, hey, son, your feet smell. Go wash yourself. And he was like, I'll show you dad Wow, unloaded his.
Speaker 3: Gun over David's stinky feet.
Speaker 4: But Dad survived. So it's just a temp murder. Yep, But what what's that? You want more feet? Here's number one?
Speaker 5: Weird number one? Number were number one?
Speaker 3: Then I decided to look out for number one. Are you the number one?
Speaker 6: Row?
Speaker 7: Number one?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 4: Number one's with the feet there is.
Speaker 3: I'll let you take it.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Oh you don't want to join in?
Speaker 7: No, no, go go.
Speaker 1: Cerial molester with a foot fetish has gotten jail time after drawing smiley faces on women's toes.
Speaker 4: His name is Tan boone Wui. He's thirty five.
Speaker 1: And he has gotten a jail sentence after he outraged the modesty of a woman by touching her feet. Well that you ever know anyone who was in defeat. I had a girlfriend who went out with a guy and uh, he was super indefeat. I know, you know, like there it was shocking. Well, there's one thing to appreciate the anatomy and say, oh, she has lovely ankles or they're feminine, or she has feminine feet. But yeah, I think I've known guys can be weird. Yeah, not my jam, I mean.
Speaker 4: Not your jam. No, No, wonder how the prevalent it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd say it's pretty prevalent. There's people that make money by putting their feet on websites. Ah, you've never seen those stories. I haven't, but yeah, he has sexual interest and feet. All right, Well let's go out on a high note. Show John Cobalt Show coming up now.
Speaker 3: Show your weekend.
Speaker 1: We will see you from Chicago at the DMC on Monday. Don't miss the show. We will be there. You be there too at nine a m Monday. Have a great weekend, Stay dry less.
Speaker 2: Since you've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show, you can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap