Speaker 1: Baby, you're a gangstato.
Speaker 2: It takes a little tangle.
Speaker 3: You don't want to mess with me.
Speaker 2: Mess with me, baby, I'm a gangstato.
Speaker 3: Pach baby, you're a game.
Speaker 4: Statue for the warning.
Speaker 5: This podcast is designed to take you outside of your comfort zone and make you question reality. Listener discretion is a vibe, fellas.
Speaker 6: This ain't my first time at the Rodeosh.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna need you to walk me through it happened. Part of this process is the two of you reconnecting, growing closer as brothers.
Speaker 2: Eric and I killed our parents together, so I'd say that makes us pretty close. It's up to us now, right, and they would be proud of us. They would be proud of us.
Speaker 6: I don't then getting rid of that.
Speaker 4: It's gonna make me feel better.
Speaker 1: I'm having these nightmares.
Speaker 3: You're not getting it. You don't fucking get it.
Speaker 2: Eric, we did it. We fucking did it. Hold on, she's sort of a girl. Cheese and tapwater.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how many shrimp do you have?
Speaker 7: Like an actual number?
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 7: Our life was one thing, and we decided we weren't gonna take that anymore. Starting right now, we're gonna demand more out of life and we are never gonna fucking go back.
Speaker 1: You don't murder your parents like way. It's literally defacing them. That's not about money, that's about some things deeper and darker.
Speaker 2: Eric, I know that they would be proud of us.
Speaker 8: And Welcome to the Menindez Brothers Part two. So in the first episode, we covered a lot of ground discussing the basics of the investigation, and we watched a lot of trial footage with my commentary, today's the fun part. Today we're going to address some of the more conspiratorial points. Okay, it's absolutely, in my opinion, a complete setup. The Menindez Brothers didn't stand a fucking chance, dudent. They were made an example out of everything about this story, down to the black and white tile floors throughout the Menindaz mansion, which I will show you in a minute scream satanic ritual abuse from yet another Hollywood elite Scumback at the end of this episode for you Patreon subscribers, we are also going to take a look at the possibility this was all fake and staged in some curious numbers that keep popping up throughout this case that might point in that direction, because what kind of conspiracy theory podcast host would I be if we didn't look at all the possible options. But right now we're gonna go with the second scenario that I laid out in the first episode, which is these boys got screwed in more ways than one, starting with the fact that the trial was absolutely, in my opinion, railroaded. So, like I said, it's my opinion, but it seems that these boys were going to be made an example out of and the fucking da succeeded in that endeavor. Everything you heard from the last episode was in the first trial, the trial that got railroaded. It was declared a mistrial due to a hung jury. Now, according to the show Monsters and Wikipedia, the women on the panel wanted to go for manslaughter, which was a significantly lesser sentence, and the men on the jury wouldn't budge saying boys can't get raped, quote unquote. I understand that this was all before the meet viewers and the overly sensitive blue hairs who made the act of giving someone a hug some form of fucking rape. But really, to my male listeners out there, when you listen to the testimony of Lyle and Eric, did you think to yourself. Well, I bet they secretly liked it. This is my first problem, because I'm not buying it. The DA at the time of the Menindez brothers trial, gil Garcetti, also the DA for the OJ case, but we'll get to that in a minute, was up for reelection and stated several times that he needed a win. I believe he played a significant part in the hung jury for the first trial, and he personally recommended a retrial for the brothers. But the second trial was a complete and total fucking scam. None of the abuse testimony was allowed in the second trial. Lyle was not allowed to testify at all in the second trial, and the option of manslaughter was completely taken off the table. It was literally designed to bring about first degree murder charges, and the DA was certainly pushing for the death penalty. Again, I believe this was designed to make them Menindez Brothers an exampole. Hey all you kids out there who think the justice system works for people like you, when you come out against the pedaphocracy, this is what we have for you, right, That's the message, which is why maybe it was so highly sensationalized, right, like, Hey, look what happens when you decide to talk about your executive dad rape it on you. Look what happens if you just can't take one more ass rape from your dad and you have to blow his fucking face off to get it to stop. We'll railroad your trial and give you life in prison accompanied by more ass rape. I'm sure, thanks Justice System. You guys are the best. But so, as I mentioned earlier, how does the OJ connection play into all of this? So the initial connection was a professional one and began long before the murders that would make them infamous. Jose Menendez, top executive CFO and general manager at the Hurtz rental car company at the time, signed fucking OJ Simpson to a made Your Advertising endorsement deal, and the business relationship led to personal interactions because OJ visited the Menindez house on several occasions when Lyle and Eric were kids, and Lyle actually talked about how he played catch in their backyard with OJ Simpson and got an autographed football. So it's gonna get a little murky here, but let's just get through the basics. These three men cross paths again years later, under extraordinary or maybe not so extraordinary circumstances at the Los Angeles County Ben's Central Jail. So Eric Menindez and Oj became fucking sell neighbors. Shortly after OJ got arrested after the whole low speed chase in June nineteen ninety four. Eric had already been in jail for several years and was awaiting his retrial and told ojh, you know, some advice on jail life and handling the media or whatever he said. And Eric even claimed he helped OJ connect with the lawyer Johnny Cochrane, who became the key figure in Simpson's dream team. So Lyle Menndez also had numerous conversations with Oj in the attorney meeting room. He says they spoke over one hundred times, and Lyle advised Simpson to consider a plea bargain, believing the public might understand if the murders were presented as a crime of passion rather than premeditating acts. And OJ didn't take the advice because he was a concerned about his reputation and be convinced he would be acquitted. And I'm sure his confidence was coming from somewhere if you listened to mine. In JJ's episode the OJ Debate, OJ did not do it. I think that plays a part in this whole thing with the Menendez brothers, but I'll expand on that in a minute. The outcomes of both of their trials were highly publicized and called the trials of the century, but they were drastically different. Right, Simpson was acquitted of criminal murder charges October nineteen ninety five. Everybody was shocked, but he was acquitted. Okay, glove don't fit the whole thing. The Menendez brothers there in the show Monsters, at least their catchphrase was if you have been abused, you cannot be accused, which, hey, I like it. I wish they would have went with it. They should have put it on a fucking T shirt. They should have fucking done anything they can to draw attention to themselves, because that's essentially what oj did. And it was a whole public fiasco. And yeah, he was acquitted, But the Menindez brothers had their second trial began just eight days eight days after Simpson's acquittal. Both Eric and Lyle believed that the public outrage over the Simpson verdict negatively impacted their case, as prosecutors were determined to secure convictions to restore faith in the justice system and the reelection of the fucking dee and to send a message. They were convicted of first degree murder in nineteen ninety six and sentenced to life in prison without parole. Now, there are more than a few bizarre connections between these cases. OJ and the Menindez brothers, including the same coroner worked on both cases. The same defense lawyer was initially hired, Robert Shapiro, and it seems like both of the cases are at this intersection of fame, wealth, Los Angeles and the corrupt justice system. Now, this Robert Shapiro guy, I think he could be a setup guy. This is the guy that slips his way in there when somebody's about to get set the fuck up. He got fired from the Menindez brother and from OJ because he was literally he's supposed to be defending them and he's getting them set the fuck up. If OJ really didn't do it right in his initial defense attorney was Robert Shapiro, and the Menindez brothers initially hired Robert Shapiro, and they both fired him. You might start thinking that this guy pops up when it's time for a setup. But luckily they got other people to represent them, because this guy is no fucking good now because OJ was acquitted, the DA did everything in his power to get the Menindez brothers convicted. But what about some more points of contention, Because you can be an asshole and still get raped by your dad, right, people talk about how maybe Lyle and Eric were spoiled rich boys after all, and they did some shady shit during their trials and it made them look like fucking pieces of scum. And sure, it's just like with the Scott Peterson case, like we talked about with JJ Vance, you can be a scumbag without murdering your wife, and you can be a spoiled rich boy without having made everything up about the abuse. You can get raped by your dad and still be a spoiled brat. That shit could really be happening. So all the points of contention really focus around Lyle. Honestly. Maybe you know, we can look at some clips from Monsters to demonstrate this, but the main ones are that Lyle was asking people to lie for him, and Lyle was recorded saying he was practicing crying. Now let's just have honest hour right now, okay, because neither of these things actually bother me first off, the abuse that happened to Lyle happened between the ages of six and eight. The dude's almost thirty, and he's probably disassociated and blocked a lot of that shit out. It's possible, Okay, it's possible that when he talks about these things, it's hard for him to connect with those emotions because he's spent a large part of his life trying to disconnect from them. Listen, the worst thing that's ever happened to me was when I watched my mom take her last breath. It took me a long time to be able to talk about it or even think about it without having an actual breakdown, not like metaphorically a breakdown, but a literal breakdown. She died in twenty seventeen. In a lot of ways, it feels like it was yesterday, and in a lot of ways it feels like a long time ago, which hurts my feelings to admit. But sometimes I have to really try to remember certain things, memories, what life was like with her. But one day I just woke up and it was the new normal, and I was able to talk about her and talk about her death and life and I didn't cry. It's part of the healing process. Okay, that's natural. We're talking about something that happened eight years ago. For me, wile is talking about something that happened to him when he was six to eight years old, and the dude was like twenty five by the time they got their sentences. Again, he's probably disassociated from those memories a lot. Maybe he does need to practice crying. His fucking life is on the line and they're trying to give him the gas chamber. You might want to make sure you can convey some heavy emotions. You might want to connect with the jury as much as you can. Tell me you wouldn't feel that way. Yes, it could still happen, and he could still have to practice crying. Those things can exist. At the same time, people act like they're retarded. Think about this shit. It happened when he was six to eight years old, and he probably has dis a fucking associated from all that, and he's got to bring that back up in himself. Maybe he was practicing crying. Okay, nobody wants the gas chamber, all right, Eric, Sure the fuck didn't have a problem crying. He experienced it all the way up until a few months before his father's and mother's death. Okay, he had no problem tuning into those emotions, they were still fresh for him. But how about Lyle asking people to lie for him to the extent they portrayed in Monsters. I'm not sure, But again, yeah he fucked up. Okay, but he's literally fighting for his life. No one but maybe one or two people ever knew what was going on in that house. Okay, so he's asking people so maybe, you know, make some shit up so he doesn't have to get the gas chamber. Hello. Again, understandable in my opinion. All right, yeah, he shouldn't have done that. He fucked up. He let people record him, and he wrote shit in letters that he definitely needed to keep to his back him self. But two things can exist at the same time. Maybe not a lot of people knew about the abuse, and you're up for the gas chamber and you're asking some people to consider making up some shit. All right, so you have a case. But let's actually take a look at his body language and Eric's body language from this psychologist. He's some kind of an analyst on deception and body language and whatever else. Maybe he's a sack of shit. It's like, oh, you're a psychologist, so therefore you can tell me if they're lying or not. You know, that might be a nice party trick, or he could be you know, there could be something to it. I don't know, Okay, but he says he's an expert on the shit. I get exactly what he's talking about in the clips that he uses as examples. I can understand where that's coming from, and I thought that you all might think it was interesting. So before we jump right into these clips, I also want to show a few other clips and interesting things that I have found about the trial. And then we're gonna look at some numbers and some weird coincidences that may actually point in the direction of all this being a fucking Hollywood production. But only those Cosmic Peach listeners true of heart may continue beyond this point. Oh yeah, we're just getting to the good part.
Speaker 5: Head on over to the Cosmic Peach Patreon and make your reservation to room two three seven to enjoy the rest of this episode. Not sure how to get there, download the app or go to patreon dot com slash Cosmicpeach. What's in Room two three seven?
Speaker 3: Thanks for asking, Danny, let me show you something see for yourself and uncover bonus content. Extended versions of episodes, add free content, early access to every single episode, all videos and personal updates, and just whatever else I'm in the mood for.
Speaker 5: There are plenty of amenities to enjoy while checked in to Room two three seven. Take a trip up the sidewinder and stay awhile. You can check out anytime you'd like, but you can never leave. Just getting thank you in advance for supporting the show, and I can't wait to see you over there.
Speaker 8: Just