Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome, there's a wonderful Wednesday after in the Tri State Reds baseball last night they were impregnable, unbeatable, and they beat up on their Kansas City Royals. Play again tonight starting about six forty first bitch about seven forty Ella Dela Cruz is sitting two home runs about total of about one thousand feet unbelievable. Off tomorrow then back out of Chicago. But until then, I try my best as much as I can. Every day or two to watch Liz Bonus and the Power of twelve the Medical Reporter, all the health issues going on, and I discover things like vaccines, when to take them, when not to take them, vacation hoarding. We're going to talk about that gloom and doom. We're going to talk about building testosterone and men and women, yes women, I think if some testosterone plus the new COVID nineteen variant spreads rapidly in the US, experts warn plus we're told by the federal government that if you're a healthy child, don't get the vaccine COVID, and if you're pregnant with a healthy child, don't get the vaccine. That is COVID nineteen. But the woman with all the answers is Liz Bonus. Liz Bonus, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham showing Liz, how are you? Hey?
Speaker 2: I am doing great and so far I don't think I've had this NB dot one dot eight dot one new COVID variant.
Speaker 3: Say that again, what is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Let me right, So it's NB dot one dot eight dot one and it is going crazy in China right now. And you know what happens to us, Those lovely little variants for COVID don't understand the border control that we've been working on. Yeah, and it's already here. They've tested it in free airport studies. You know, they know like where it is. Hey, have you ever gone into an airport and they said, let me swab your nose?
Speaker 1: It hadn't happened yet. I'm sure well at some point, but I'm not been swabbed in an airport. No.
Speaker 2: So just so you know, they have these sites set up especially for international travelers. So if you go to another country and you come back, they'll say, can we swab your nose? And that's how they find out like what variants are coming in and they're doing this around at airports, and this COVID thing has not stopped. I know, like you know, RFK Junior is saying that he doesn't want these vaccines for healthy people, and he doesn't want them for pregnant women. But there are experians that are coming here that we do not have immunity to. So we should be thinking that we should have options.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, is the new COVID vaccine which I will not take, by the way, I just I'm done with that. But should I be done with? Because I'm like a normal, god fearing American. I took four or five COVID shots, did it all in the last year or two.
Speaker 3: I said, to hell with it.
Speaker 1: Head on the cardiologist about a year or two ago, who said, the interior walls of cardiac arteries are being infected and weakened, either by either by COVID itself or by the vaccine or by pax slovin. We're not sure yet five or ten years we might know. I've had two or three buddies that got COVID, got the vaccine, did it all, and that they died of heart problems. I was told by doctor Fauci that if you get the vaccine, and Joe Biden said, if you get the vaccine, you can't get COVID and you can't pass it on the government's been misrepresenting the facts to us for so long. What do you believe, Liz Bonus? We rely upon you for the facts. What are the facts? There's a question in there somewhere. Can you answer it?
Speaker 2: I can answer it. So the current vaccine would cover you for this newest variant because it's like a cousin still if they're drifters. We've got some immunity, so you could get a vaccine, or if you've had COVID, you may have immunity to this. That is what we did not have when this virus first came out. Remember it was the novel virus. So you probably have some immunity now. And if you choose not to get another COVID nineteen vaccine, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I tell you that there are some populations, especially older adults. I mean, well, they like three hundred people a week, are still dying from COVID nineteen. If three hundred people we were dying from chicken pox, we'd be saying something.
Speaker 1: That's that's like a fully loaded plane going down every week. Is what if there's seven forty sevens crashing every week, that'd be a crisis. So you're saying two hundred people, are they healthy, unhealthy, or they're going to die? All of us are going to die anyway, But did they have something else? You know?
Speaker 3: What is it? Is it helpful?
Speaker 2: When I talk to our infectious to these people here, they tell me that most of the people in the hospital, which would be the ones who would at risk for dying from COVID still do have other comorbidities, do have other complications. So you shouldn't say nobody should get a vaccine, and you probably shouldn't say everybody should get a vaccine. I do like the idea of making it suggested for high risk groups, but the concern is that to say, you know, no kids need it isn't true either, because there are kids with comorbidities. And then to say no, no women need it isn't accurate either because pregnancy is considered a high risk group. So what if you're pregnant and you have diabetes already and you have several other major health problems. You know, you're now thinking, oh, I don't need to do that, and maybe you should ask your obgyn what that person thinks, because it may be something that you and your baby could be protected from. And there's all kinds of complications when mom gets that and a baby's in utero and gets it too. So I don't think there's a one size fits all, which is what we want to hear.
Speaker 1: You know what, I You have to rely upon your own doctor in whom you trust, and many people don't have doctors. There's a whole group of Americans living in the Tri State that don't have a regular activity with a doctor. For some reason. I see doctors all the time. I don't know why. I guess I pay my bills and they want to make sure I'm probe correctly. I know my PSA numbers. Despite Joe Biden, I think lying to us about not knowing he had stage four price day cancer that it's a different issue. But if you don't have regular access to a doctor, there's a whole group of people out there, probably the majority of Tri State residents that don't have a doctor they can see every three to six months to check things out, and so they wait till a crisis happens. Then they show up in an er and then it's too late. So you're saying, what do you say if you're a healthy woman with a healthy baby and no underlying conditions. Let's say you're twenty five years old and you're pregnant and the OB's telling you baby's fine, you're fine, you have no underlying conditions. Should you get the vaccine?
Speaker 2: I think that it would depend on if when you were pregnant. So say you're pregnant, and because again you can be healthy and that's still considered a high risk condition, and say there's a new variant now sweeping the country, say that one's coming in from China, that we don't have any immunity too. You should be talking to your doctor about what you what might protect you because if you get that new variant, you know you can end up in the hall and it can do really harsh things to your baby. We know that from the flu. So I can't say nobody should now. I would like to think that if it's right now, when all my infectious that these people say so far our levels are low, then you know that's probably a reasonable thing not to have that. But you know, what, where do you ever go? Where there's one medical recommendation for everyone, never Yeah, And so I think that we just want one thing to be the answer. And so it's kind of misleading to say, you know, we're not going to give this to we're not going to recommend it for pregnant women, and we're not going to recommend it for kids. And it's healthy kids. You know, if you talk to doctors and children and they'll tell you they have a lot of children with, you know, several illnesses that they are very much at risk for lung problems and COVID could do horrible things to them. So they might recommend if there's a new vaccine that comes out in the fall, that a certain child would get it. And you know what they'll tell you is like if I could predict which kids would and which kids wouldn't, we wouldn't tell everybody to the problem is we don't know, and healthy people have died of COVID nineteen. We all know that. So I don't think that this is as cut and dry as we want to make it out to be. I think that when we started it was a broad recommendation because nobody had any immunity. It was a novel virus, I think now you could argue that you have some immunity so far to many of the variants and if you're willing to take your chances. But you know, I got an eighty year old mama just got out of the hospital, and she's had COVID like three times. We'll not get the vaccine, and she has a chronic lung condition. She gets really sick. Like we're surprised every time she's been able to get out of the hospital. The next time she might not. And that's that's really scary to me.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm a hairy ass man, and I'm thinking, you know what, I can withstand this. But we men tend not to want to go to doctors anyway, and just so we avoid that. I'll never go to the doctor and get good news. You know, I always go to the doctor. Well, you got checked, and men just don't want to go to Can you answer that question? How come you ladies love to go to the doctor but men don't.
Speaker 3: Can you tell me why?
Speaker 2: So? I think it's the same thing about asking directions.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't have it.
Speaker 2: So that was the thing that came out of you mentioned the Biden prospect cancer thing. And you know, all the doctors I talked about that said he may have not been getting regular tests for a PSA because it's not something that is necessarily something that every doctor does anymore. A lot of people think, if you want it, I'll give it to you. But it's not kind of a mandatory standard. And so he could have been tested when he was in the sixties and seventies and they stopped now and then he gets something very aggressive and in a very short amount of time. My oncologists have said that I've talked to, have said that that could spread quickly. And the first thing they said was, guys, just go to the doctor, you know, like, just go and ask if that's something you should need. But I think it's because you were made to be the strong one. Like we take care of others. We don't take care of ourselves, and that's how you're wired. But in this case, taking care of you allows you to take care of others. So we know a lot more about these things now.
Speaker 1: All right, now, let's move on a testosterone which is a big business. Many commercials, you've seen them, I've seen them. It's a darling couple maybe in two bathtubs, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. They're sitting there holding hands, I guess, naked in the bathtub, looking at each other, and the time is right and you know, here comes siallis the blue pill, whatever it might be. And you had a segment about testosterone boosting foods. Instead of waiting for that special moment in a bathtub overlooking the Pacific Ocean with your wife or girlfriend, you can actually help things along with testosterone boosting foods.
Speaker 3: What are some Okay, so this is interesting.
Speaker 2: Won't be a substitute if you were doctor measures your testosterone and says, hey, you need these injections because once you are low, it's very hard for any food to build something up. And that's true with other nutrients like calcium and iron and things like that too. But the best things and you're gonna love this, fatty fish and oysters top the list. Those salmon, mackerel, tuna, oysters didn't really tell you they're good for Yeah, yeah, oysters great sources of zinc. And we know that that is a mineral needed for testosterone to do we call synthesized in the body and kind of get to the place that needs to go. So start with your seafoods. If you don't need seafood three times a week, you're not getting up for your heart. You're not getting enough for the boys to be doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: Now, now you know someone you would know the answer to this. I am told to eat fish that swim at the top of the ocean, and don't crawl along the bottom, because at the bottom there's all kind of stuff going down there that these critters, I guess, like clams and shrimp, eat that.
Speaker 3: Salmon and tuna may not. Am I right or wrong?
Speaker 2: You're wrong. The reason we tell you not to do the bottom fishers is what do you always hear about bottom fish? A good not a good thing to do? Uh So when I think of bottom feeders, I think of catfish, you know that really like go along the bottom and clean it up. Shrimp is high in cholesterol, so we don't recommend you eat that three days a week. But it's a low fat, really good, high protein food. So I wouldn't tell you not to eat shrimp for sure. I would tell you that salmon and things like that are the healthiest of fishes because of those omega free fatty acids and those omega threes we think help increase the thoughts through levels in the body. So good thing. Now, the problem is you can't only eat oysters and only fatty fish because you need other nutrients to get these things like all into your body. And so that means when in doubt, eat what.
Speaker 3: Lily eat a lot chocolate.
Speaker 2: That's a guy. That's a guy thing. Win in doubt, eat broccoli you don't know the answer, Yeah, breefy. Vegetables win every time. Whenever you don't know the answer, win a Dicesian. I'm a Dietisian by trade. So whenever a Dicisi ask do you win it out?
Speaker 1: Eat?
Speaker 2: Your next words are always going to be broccoli. I don'tbles you don't like broccoli? Oh man, I can literally like sit down and eat an entire head of broccoli for a meal. There's a couple of restaurants in town. I can tell you right where to go for the best broccoli.
Speaker 3: Oh delicious, forgive me one. I'll talk to my wife. May she loves broccoli? Maybe?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where do I go?
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you like Jay Alexander's has some of the best broccoli could ever eat. Ruby's has some of the best Brussels sprouts, which would give you the same thing, you know, like you can get their bacon cooks and all that, but that doesn't take away the goodness spinach and green leafy vegetables. If you're looking for a good spinach salad, there's a couple of places in Covington where if you just go to those, you know, kind of you go down to the main district there and walk around, there's the best finish salad and all those leafy greens that loaded with magnesium and they boost your fosterone. And by the way, women can have flow testosterone too if you feel sluggish and things like that. We often have many of the same symptoms, not the same cause, but like if you've had certain medical conditions, you're on certain medications or and sometimes even just with women in age, are testosterone declines too. So we should eat all these things as well.
Speaker 1: How come all these advertisers and pills and clinics are there to help men to get things started, but the ladies, the women, the girls are ignored because I don't think there's like a little blue pill for women. I don't think women have the women's health clinic ready to do whatever to jump start thinks, how come these things are focused only on men and not women.
Speaker 2: Why because you have greater amounts of testosterone, So when you drop you notice things more so than women. But the symptoms are often the same. But by the way, there is a little pink pill for women to see.
Speaker 3: You know what's it called a martini.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you haven't gotten the the same promotion as a little blue pill, but it can be taken with low libido. And the problem was that we didn't see the same pardon the pun boost in women that we did in me. Right in other words, like yeah, why they when they look at sexual activity like on average and increase, you know, like two more times a month, whereas we look at guys and you give them the blue pill and it increases like twelve more times a month. So when when you make the comparison, it wasn't like this huge jump, but it was enough that some women said they experienced it. So just so you know, you or your spouse or your partner, you can both have these conversations and if you're not feeling the love, it's not a bad thing to go again. As you said, see a doctor. Imagine that, and your doctor can actually help you with the testosterone, say you don't need all the special clinics. They could do that stuff too. Imagine that.
Speaker 1: I can only imagine if a guy takes takes a blue pill and a woman takes the pink pill, then what happens?
Speaker 2: You have? Yeah, man, you have like some of the best nights you've ever had.
Speaker 3: I could use a few.
Speaker 2: Days or afternoons or weekends or however you want here, I could use it.
Speaker 1: A Liz Bonus when he didn't get to vocate vacation hoarding. And I love the story you did on this guy that began U in a dishroom ends up as a nurse, which I think is a fabulous story because we need more of that. But once again, Liz Bonus, channel trouve. We got to run, but thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Next time we've.
Speaker 1: Got to talk about vacation hoarding and why some people do it. But Liz Bonus, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Hey, great to talk to you. Willie, pleasures all mine, go enjoy that little blue deal.
Speaker 1: It would be Liz Bonus, thank you very much. All right, let's continue with more news next at your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundreds WLW