Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub quiz practice that hit you, Pierre right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are college kids making millions of dollars in the portal right now as they go to play prescript oof.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a professional sport now and is not in any way, shape or form connected to universities.
Speaker 1: No, don't be silly. Hey, David, are we going to keep doing Saturday Trivia?
Speaker 2: I'd like to think so.
Speaker 1: I would too, So please join us for the second Saturday for more Zoom Trivia with yours truly.
Speaker 2: An that'll be May ninth noon, Mountain time. If you don't have the zoom link already, let us know. We'll get it to you. It's a good time.
Speaker 1: It is a good time. Lovely people come and join. It's fun. And hey, huh, we got a kiffie from cute.
Speaker 2: He speaking of lovely people who joined Zoom Trivia. Yeah, yay, thank you.
Speaker 1: We also want to give a shout out to Lela and I think that's about.
Speaker 2: All we've got going on the house. Is kept.
Speaker 1: We recorded a Patriot episode. We're going to edit it and we're going to get it out and you're gonna love us for it, or maybe not, who knows, but we hope everyone's doing well. And this is how the show works.
Speaker 2: Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format. It's four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask could quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is film. Jonathan Demi won his first and only Oscar for directing which film? Question two? The category is language. What is the only word that is also a prefix of measurement in the NATO phonetic alphabet. Question three, the category is geography history? Which golf gave its name to the nineteen ninety Gulf War? Question four the category of music. This question comes from listener mejor data, thank you mejordata. A ho boy is an archaic form of what would wind instrument? That's hautboy And now The answer is round one. Question one, Jonathan Demi won his first and only Oscar for directing which film The Silence of the Lambs? Question two? What is the only word that is also a prefix for measurement in the NATO phonetic alphabet kilo. You might say yankee works two, but it doesn't. That's nonsense.
Speaker 2: A Yankee graham? Isn't that just like a pound?
Speaker 1: Probably? Question three? Which golf gave its name to the nineteen ninety golf War the Persian Gulf? And question for a hole boy is an archaic form of what woodwind instruments? And obo or similar trouble double reed instruments. We will accept obo.
Speaker 2: Round two. Question five. The category is sports. Before becoming president, George W. Bush owned which Major League Baseball franchise? Question six category animals? Derived from the Greek word for gold or gold colored. What name is given to the hard protective pupil stage of a butterfly? Question seven? Category literature. This one comes from listener Sarah. Thank you, Sarah, Thank you, Sarah. What book book upset Theodore Roosevelt so much he pushed Congress to pass the Meat Inspection Act? Question eight? Category science? Which action involving enzymes produces beer and cheese and is also called zymosis. And now the answers to round two. Question five. Before becoming president, George W. Bush owned which MLB franchise, the Texas Rangers makes sense? Question six? Derived from the Greek word for gold or gold colored. What name is given to the hard protective pupil stage of a butterfly chrysalis? It's derived from chrisos, which means mushi wrong? Question seven? What book up said Theodore Roosevelt so much he pushed Congress to pass the Meat Inspection Act? The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.
Speaker 1: Jokes on us politicians don't read anymore, so books kind of upset them.
Speaker 2: Question eight to which action involving enzymes produces beer and cheese and is also called zimosis fermentation.
Speaker 1: And that's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is geography. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question name the six countries that border India. Your time starts now, and that's time.
Speaker 2: The six countries that border India are Bangladesh, Bhutan, People's Republic of China, Me and mar Nepal and Pakistan.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine. The category is society and culture. This question comes from listener Tony. Thank you, Tony, Thank you Tony. Fittingly, a Boston University professor once fooled the Associated Press by inventing a fake origin of April fool Day, claiming which Roman emperor created a day of jollity after a jester named Coogle was made king for a day? Question ten. The category is film. Morgan Freeman has played Detective Alex Cross in two movies. Name them. You'll get five points for each correct answer. Question eleven. The category is video games. This question comes from Knife in Turkey.
Speaker 2: Thank you Knife in Turkey.
Speaker 1: What was the first game from Marvel made by Capcom? Question twelve. The category is geography. The Palazzio Libertad and the Teatro col are both located in which South American capital city? And now the answers to Round three question nine. Fittingly, a Boston University professor once fooled the Associated Press by inventing a fake origin of April Fool's Day, claiming which Roman emperor created a day of jollity? The Emperor Constantine, the ap ran It and then had to issue a retraction. Question ten. Morgan Freeman has played Detective Alex Cross in two movies, Name Them They Are, Kiss the Girls And Along Came a Spider.
Speaker 2: That first one's the Little Mermaid spin offering yep.
Speaker 1: Question eleven. What was the first game from Marvel made by Capcom? The Punisher arcade game from nineteen ninety three, Punch Them Up.
Speaker 2: They went on to famously make Marvel versus Capcom, where they'd have Marvel characters in a fighting game versus Street Fighter characters.
Speaker 1: Oh that's fun. I feel like Marvel characters would win that, But.
Speaker 2: Depends on how fast you can mash the buttons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Question twelve. The Palazzio Libertod and the Teatro Cologne are both located in which South American capital city, Buenos Iras. Since it's strongly influenced by European culture, the city is sometimes referred to as the Paris of South America. Those both look like really cool locations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, looks like pretty place. Round four. Question thirteen. The category is language. This one comes to us from listener Nolan. Thank you, Nolan, Thank you Nolan. How many different ways can the letter combination ough be pronounced in the English language. Those are both British and American English. Question fourteen category Games and Hobbies. In Dungeons and Dragons, a number measuring the amount of damage a creature character or object can take before being killed, disabled, or destroyed is called what. Question fifteen category pop culture which former Seattle rain FC player and former Seattle Storm WNBA player recently announced their breakup. Question sixteen category anatomy, which cranial nerve connects the brain with the heart, lungs, and digestive tract. And now the answers to round four. Question thirteen. How many different ways can the letter combination oh ugh be pronounced in the English language? Apparently it is nine. The examples include thorrow, enough, cough, hiccough, which is an alternate spelling of the cup word, locke, lough, through thought, though, and drought.
Speaker 1: The English language is out of control.
Speaker 2: That's pretty versatile combination of letters there. Question fourteen. In Dungeons and Dragons, a number measuring the amount of damage a creature character or object can take before being killed, disabled, or destroyed is called what that is their hit points HP Question fifteen, which former Seattle rain FC player and former Seattle storm WNBA player recently announced their breakup, Megan Rapino and Sue Bird.
Speaker 1: This one's hitting people hard.
Speaker 2: Question sixteen. Which cranial nerve connects the brain with the heart, lungs and digestive truct The Vegas nerve v a gus not the one that you don't.
Speaker 1: Talk about or Johnny Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's also known as the tenth cranial nerve. It was not very good in the race.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is music. We'll give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, what word can denote the following a military bugle call, a character in Fantasy Island and the twenty twenty three Eurovision winning song.
Speaker 2: Question two? Which brand of energy drink holds the fourth highest market share after Red Bull, Monster and Celsius.
Speaker 1: Question three? Which US city has the largest urban bat colony in North America, the largest state capitol building in the US, and is considered the live music capital of the world.
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang Question Again, the category is Music. Who is the most Grammy nominated performing artist without a win?
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang Round? Question one? What word can denote the following a military bugle call, a character in Fantasy Island and the twenty twenty three Eurovision winning song Tattoo Tattoo?
Speaker 2: Question two? Which brand of energy during holds the fourth highest market share after Red Bull Monster in Celsius rock Star. It was third for a while. Celsius has crept up there.
Speaker 1: Question three? Which US city has the largest urban bat colony in North America, the largest state capitol building in the US, and is considered the live music capital of the world. Well, they're keeping it weird. It's Austin, Texas.
Speaker 2: And finally, who is the most Grammy nominated performing artist without a win? Known for his face tattoos, his album and first name Austin and his hit rock Star. It's Post Malone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a couple of sound engineers that are tied and have more nominations without a win, but he is the He just overtook Snoop Dogg to be the one with the most nominations. I mean, I feel like his career is still going strong. So yeah, he could still win one. I don't feel like he's losing any sleep over it, No.
Speaker 2: I mean he's doing all right. And he's got a ton of collaborations with brands. Yeah, not someone I'm too familiar with and the work, except for like his bud Light commercials and that he owns the One Ring and Magic the Gathering.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I thought that was kind of fun when he offered a million dollars, because one that was like a Willy Wonka Charlie, you know, like getting the Golden ticket and it's like, all right, you just got a million dollars. And also it just shows that he's a big old nerd, which is fun.
Speaker 2: The card itself is thought to be worth one million. He actually paid upwards of two and a half million forests. Oh wow to two point six from some sources I've read.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I thought a million was ridiculous, but that was low pulling. Of course, that card was worth more than a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, somebody's got to be making some money off of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the reason it's it's that much. Well, I mean, it's it's all silly, right, But the card itself is one of one. It's there's only one maid, it's gold foil, and it's in Elvish.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't realize it was in Elvish. That's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a pretty card.
Speaker 1: But if post Malone turns into Gollumn, Now, now what if.
Speaker 2: Post Malone was Gollum all along? His number one hit my precious right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta keep an eye on him, now, look.
Speaker 2: Out for see if he's losing weight and losing hair, turn in a little gray skinned.
Speaker 1: Spink, spending more time in caves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, asking riddles a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you do. Eating fish has no idea?
Speaker 2: What potatoes are?
Speaker 1: What's taters?
Speaker 2: That's titles. Well, thank you guys for listening, if indeed you still are, and don't forget second Saturday in May. That's May ninth noon, Mountain time. Zoom it up with us for some trivia, and if you like what we do, consider becoming a patron at patreon dot com slash quiz Bang. You'll get ad free episodes five dollars and up gets you an extra episode a month, or toss us at coffee at ko dash Fi dot com slash quiz Bang pod just like Cat and Leila. Thank you Catain Leila. We appreciate all the support and thanks again for listening for this episode of Quiz Quiz, Bang Bang. I've been David Flora, I've.
Speaker 1: Been Ane Flora. Here's looking at you. Quiz