Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: The games Mike the Bulldog Beyond you.
Speaker 1: On JR R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports page, brought you by our JR. Tuesday ticket takeover. If you get a chance to swing by at one oh one one w JR. On Instagram your chance to win Summer of Loud tickets featuring Bear Tooth and kill Switch, engage at one oh one one w JR. R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog. We got you.
Speaker 1: I am here and I'm glad to see Taco. Bob texted us both yesterday. You have taken the Magic yard signs out of your yard. Hope, hopefully that will change the luck. Is that Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Taka?
Speaker 1: Yes, they're back in the garage. Good good, twenty games remaining. If they lose tonight, it's not the it's not the yard signs.
Speaker 2: We know that they've got Toronto again for crying out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've got the hapless Toronto Raptors who beat them the other night and now they have them again. There's twenty games left in the season. The Magic need to start doing something because the season is quickly circling the drain.
Speaker 3: In fact, in.
Speaker 1: Fact, everybody's frustrated, the coaches, the fans, the players, even the players' mothers are frustrated. After that loss to Toronto, on Sunday night, none other than Pallo ban Caro's mother took to Twitter and seemed to be taking shots at the direction that the Magic are headed. Ronda ban Cao is she was a really good college player at the University of Washington. In fact, for a while, she was the all time leading scorer at the University of Washington. She came out with a couple of cryptic tweets the other night after the game, tell me what you think about these all right? Quote if roles are undefined, everybody thinks they.
Speaker 3: Can play the lead character. End quote.
Speaker 1: Then she followed that up with another tweet. If you don't have a plan, they don't know what to execute. No anticipation, spotty energy, no senergy, just randomness all over.
Speaker 3: I think I'd be a little bit upset with my mom for tweeting that.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she's taking a shot at the coaching, does it not?
Speaker 2: It does on both of those absolutely, yeah, Hey, out of just to be transparent here with me taking the Magic signs down out of my yard that's no disrespect, just they need to earn it. I think he's trying to break a curse too, bulldog. Speaking of breaking, the Lightning wind streak is over thanks to your Florida Panthers two one win last, there's.
Speaker 3: Getting it done.
Speaker 1: The defending chant Hey, this is our state, this is our league.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, how'd that take?
Speaker 2: So I'm assuming you're going to root against the Lightning as they're back on the ice tonight against Columbus.
Speaker 3: No, no, oh no, just my Panthers. Okay, they play my pants.
Speaker 2: Just getting it straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, big news in college football, it appears that the legal fight the lawsuits between the Atlantic Coach Atlantic Coast Conference the ACC and Florida State and Clemson, it looks like those are about to be resolved. Both schools are meeting with their board of trustees today to essentially reach a settlement with the ACC. If approved, the settlement would incorporate viewership ratings TV ratings into revenue distribution among the member schools, which could increase the payoffs to schools generating the most TV interests. The upside could be about fifteen million dollars more for the top earning schools, while all the bottom earning schools would probably lose about seven million dollars.
Speaker 3: Sounds totally fair.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, as long as it keeps the league together, Like like, schools like Wake Forest are gonna have to take less. So Clemson, Florida State, Miami, maybe North Carolina, especially this year with Belichick coaching him, they're gonna get more. And I guess what Wake Forest is in NC State and those schools are thinking, is that getting less TV money is better than getting no TV money. If if FSU, Clemson, Miami, uh, North Carolina, if they were to join the SEC or the Big Ten. So this is just a way to avert that. I guess you could. I guess you could say FSU won. They got what they wanted, more money, right Yeah, And I say, hey to Pat's comment, everybody doesn't get a trophy about seems fair? Who cares? I mean, it dies on you. Well, that's what you know. Well, it's a good thing. It's a good thing other leagues. In fact, other leagues might follow this. I mean, is Alabama and Texas gonna, you know, demand that Vanderbilt and you know, Missouri take less. Now, I mean this could start a trend. It's a good thing the NFL doesn't do this because the Cowboys would make all the money and the Jaguars would get nothing.
Speaker 2: Right, right, Hey, so bulldog, he said he'd been thinking about it for the last four or five years, and he finally pulled the trigger yesterday, Jimmy Johnson retiring from his role with Fox NFL Sunday after thirty one years.
Speaker 1: It's been thirty one years, and I'm curious because thirty one years is a long time.
Speaker 3: And you know, those of us who've been.
Speaker 1: Around a while remember Jimmy as obviously a great football coach. Won two Super Bowls with the Cowboys, would have won three, but you know he left it a huff with the after a few would Jerry Jones won a national championship at Miami, probably could have won a couple others there as well. I mean, we remember him as the great coach. How do you think most people are gonna remember Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 2: Probably as the broadcaster because the younger eyeballs don't remember what you just described, both true or false on this theory. I ran it by Taco earlier. You've been down to Jimmy's place in the Keys. It's gotta be awfully hard for him after thirty one years to get motivated to have to take a cross country flight every weekend to go to Los Angeles and leave that paradise right. Oh, yes, unbelievable. It's right on the water in the Keys beautiful house.
Speaker 1: Goes has his fishing boat right out there, goes fishing whenever the water is smooth. Yeah, and he's eighty one years old for crying out loud, so absolutely yeah. He's been wanting to do this though for quite some time, but Terry Bradshaw, who's his best friend, keeps talking him into coming. But now he's he's done for good, so good for him.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: It's Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of open mic weekday mornings on adjacent to us AM seven forty FM ninety six ninety Game, and he takes time out of his open mic show to join us here for the sports page each morning on JRR entreats us to the sounds exclusively on JRR of a grown man barking to take us out.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, they all new and improved Dillyard Radio app is now available with all new features. Download it for free and make double jr R number one on your precests for your chance to score tickets to upcoming jr R shows. Sure