Speaker 1: Ripped up so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as.
Speaker 1: We can, Shooter is gonna help.
Speaker 4: Come man, this is.
Speaker 5: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to the only show if it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to make your life a little bit better. I am so happy to be here in the new year. To my left, my beautiful wife, Susannason studio with me, Deputy Bow sitting across from me. Our guest today, Bob Logan, plumb Line Services. Bob, I don't think we were talking a little before the show. I don't think we've actually laid eyes on each other. We've spoken at least monthly, yes, but we have not laid eyes that. You didn't think I worked here anymore.
Speaker 6: I wasn't even sure, you know, I've been in Tom's studio at his house. But yeah, it's good see you and Susan.
Speaker 5: It's great to see you. Man. Plumbline Services. We'll talk about some of the specials they have and what's going on and the home services realm. And it's got to be a busy time. Actually, it really just started getting cold. I mean, this has been a very unique end of December, wouldn't you agree it is it's.
Speaker 7: Been so mild for the start of the winter.
Speaker 6: And you know, the furnace and air conditioning business is ironic because people that live in Colorado know the colds come in, they know when the heats coming, but they always wait and so hey constantly. Once this cold weather really hits, our phones will just explode. So if you have any needs at all, whether it's a maintenance tuning up, you know, anything, or if you're looking at replacing now it's when you're gonna get those best deals once the once the cold hits, our phones are gonna be blowing up, and everybody, all of our competitors and us are gonna be super busy.
Speaker 5: All right, listen, everybody out there. We've got open lines while we've got closed open lines. Three oh three March. You know, if you had a problem over the weekend, you got ripped off. Maybe you think of problems coming up. Maybe you're dealing with a bad contractor that won't show up, finish the job, never showed up. Maybe you got a landlord did quite frankly, he's a pisa. You know what I'm saying you name it. That's what we're here for. Over three hundred million dollars so far in cash, merchandise, exchanges and refunds literally directly due to this show. So now is the time to call it is a new year. We've got a lot cooking around the Troubleshooter Show this year, and I mean a lot, Bob. I want to go back to you on something. You guys came out to our house on that ninety three or free. And I always bring this up when you're on the air. I'm always skeptical of anything like that, Like, how does a plumbing company send out somebody for ninety three bucks. You've got the truck, you've got the gas insurance, you overhead all that to come out and try to clear our drain, and if you can't clear it, you don't charge us anything.
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 5: In our case, you came out, you know, it took maybe an hour hour and a half and they put the snake down or whatever the name of it is, and they cleared it and charged me ninety three bucks. It's just an amazing service. I don't even understand how you do it. I don't understand how you make money. At it, So just explain that to people. I mean, I know it's somewhat of a loss leader, but seriously.
Speaker 7: It is a lost leader.
Speaker 6: And you know, if we run enough drain lines, we're going to come across broken lines and be able to help out those customers. But you know, I tell every one of my technicians it doesn't matter if they're an electrician, furnace and air conditioning technician, drained technician, plumber, it doesn't matter. Their number one responsibility is to win that client for life. Show them what a great company we are. Blow their minds with an outstanding customer service experience, let them know about the other services that we offer. And maybe we charge twenty one dollars, maybe we charge ninety three, maybe we do it for free that day.
Speaker 5: And then something breaks in the future, even if it's outside of that, like their furnace isn't working, or their air conditioner they go to turn it on five months and it's not working. They know who to call because you just prove to them what kind of company you are.
Speaker 6: That's that's the whole goal I want to I want to just show them when an outstanding customer service oriented company, we are the kind of employees that that work here.
Speaker 5: If you guys still put stickers on the furnace and stuff, we do. I think I have a plumb line sticker on one on my on my furnace.
Speaker 6: On furnaces, water heaters, in electrical panels, on valves.
Speaker 7: Because here's the thing.
Speaker 6: When you're in a panic situation, when you're water heaters leaking, yeah, your or your electricity is going out, Yeah, you're not thinking about who to call or or going online. You want a number right there. And so so if you go downstairs and there's water in your basement and you see the plumb line name and our phone number, it makes it easy for our clients.
Speaker 5: Did you see the report? You and I have talked about this quite a bit. College enrollments down big time. Have you read some of this stuff? Do you stay on top of that like I do.
Speaker 7: Probably not as much as you do, but I do stay on top of it. Yes.
Speaker 5: So it's getting to the point where I think people are actually realizing going into a service oriented business or a trade like plumbing.
Speaker 8: I mean, let's face it.
Speaker 5: A good licensed plumber can easily make two hundred thousand plus.
Speaker 8: I mean, would you agree with.
Speaker 7: That maybe not easily, but they can.
Speaker 8: Yes, Oh, I mean a good one that's a massive plumber.
Speaker 6: Certainly, six figures is not out of the question for most plumbers, electricians HVAHVAC.
Speaker 5: So I mean literally, if you know how to go and you know, pull the permits and install properly, you can make some big bucks. Now, yes, and you have zero Does plumb line pay for that? If someone comes to you as like a journeyman or someone starting off, do you guys actually pay for the school to bring them from zero to hero? Well, not necessarily zero, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: We do, and actually they you know, in many cases they come with no experience and depending on whether they want to go down the plumbing path or first and air conditioning HVAC.
Speaker 7: Electricians will will.
Speaker 6: Take them down that path, will pay for their apprenticeship, they'll earn while they're learning, and will help them get their journeyman's and their master's license, will pay.
Speaker 5: For I have said this forever. I don't think college is for everybody. In my family is a perfect example, I mean really it is.
Speaker 9: My daughter is.
Speaker 5: Getting ready to graduate law school and take the bar at the age of twenty three, and you know, I try to. I speak very highly of her, but she will be the youngest ever in Wyoming when she does that. She'll be practicing aw here. But that's incredible. But then on the other side of the spectrum, my son's been working at Walmart since he was sixteen and he's a store lead in Nebraska. So I mean, the differences in the different paths are crazy, and the money's crazy. If it doesn't matter which one you look at, they're both killing it for their age. It's absolutely unbelievable. But my point is in my route was never college. It just simply wasn't. I believe you went, but you never used your degree.
Speaker 6: Well, I never finished college, finished two and a half years and college wasn't my thing. I wasn't a good student. I wasn't disciplined at the time, had a lot of life.
Speaker 5: Lessons to learn, But I grew I grew up in a family where both of my parents had master's degrees, And I think it's.
Speaker 8: Something with the age. I say this a lot.
Speaker 5: In fact, Suzanne you have about Martino, because they're kind of in the same.
Speaker 10: Age, the same generation.
Speaker 5: Mark that college was so important to my parents when I didn't education yeah, the formal education was almost like, you know, oh no, he's not going to college. That's horrible.
Speaker 10: You know, it's the status thing. Am I think it.
Speaker 5: Is a status and I think till this day a lot of people look at it that way, which I find crazy because to me, it's nothing but in doctoration. In doctoration, I don't think that having a formal education is that important when it comes to a lot of things. I understand a lawyer or a doctor some people have to have. Yeah, and you do have to learn different things. I mean, your vocabulary will be better. There's a lot of good things about college, there's no doubt about it. But to say that people go to trade route HVAC or plumbing, talk radio, whatever you want to call it, if they go a different route, I just don't see any issue with it. And a lot of these people I don't want to use names. I'll just say Brendan the first name. I mean, he's got loans of what one hundred and fifty two hundred thousand dollars coming out of his masters. I mean, we know a kid that's going to be paying that off forever. We have people come in here that are attorneys. I'm not going to say which ones it still have student loans and they're not going away for another ten or fifteen years. I mean, it's like having a very small mortgage payment each month.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the price of higher education is unbelievable right now.
Speaker 7: And I'm all about higher education.
Speaker 6: I think a formal education is fantastic for the right person and for the right you know, careers. But there's so many other opportunities outside of that, and not just in our trades, you know, construction or but there's there's so many opportunities outside of college. And so I think I think we need to celebrate the gifts that everybody has, the uniqueness. I like how you put that everybody is unique exactly and uh and and they all have abilities. And you know when when when I didn't graduate, or at least, let me back up when I when I went to high school, it was expected that if you don't go to college and get a degree, you will fail in life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or you're going into the military. I mean it was kind of two routes.
Speaker 7: And I'm glad you mentioned the military.
Speaker 6: What a what a great path my son took that path, he was really Yes, he has marine for six years.
Speaker 7: Now works at Lockheed.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: But I didn't know that, but never took the college path either, So it's uh, you know, again, depending on the person and and the path they want to take, there's so many different directions.
Speaker 5: To ma Tree real quick, man, I don't know anything about your education. Do you mind me asking? No, go ahead, I asked, what is it?
Speaker 8: Do you have a formal education or do you have a master's degree?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 5: Do you have a bachelor's?
Speaker 9: Yeah? So I went to CSU. I had two majors, one in economics, another one in neuropsychology, and the plane at the time was to go to law school after graduation. And then I spent a few days on the job with actual lawyers, and I thought, well, I'm just gonna die of Borio, you know, And if I got into a more exciting field.
Speaker 5: And now you're filing lawsuits, which is ironic on my own just as a hobby. Yeah, you sound like me just for the hell of it.
Speaker 9: So yeah, so, you know, the only exciting part of law seemed to be criminal. But then I talked to a bunch of those guys and I didn't want to have anything to do with a clientele or the ability to collect or even the personal danger that you encounter will work with those people. So so I decided to get into garbage.
Speaker 5: All right, and we'll touch base on that. When he says garbage, he really means it. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. We got lines open. I gotta go take a break right now.
Speaker 2: Three oh three, Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content than.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right.
Speaker 5: Three o three seven one three a two five five. I was talking to Dmitri during the break. By the way, you can go to troubleshooter dot com or I'm sorry, that'll bring you, of course to referral list. But you can go to YouTube dot com and you can actually put in Troubleshooter Network and you can watch us, listen to us during the breaks, and that's kind of just another thing to go. But three O three seven one three A two five five, we have two lines open three oh three Martino. But I was talking to Dmitri and he is literally in the recycling business, and I asked him, I said, now, come on, I've always thought that most people. I'm not talking the garbage guy said it, come pick your garbage up. But the guys that run these companies, I always thought they were all mob connected.
Speaker 8: Now come on, give me the skinny.
Speaker 5: I mean we've all heard about, you know, New York City, or of course you go over to Italy. You know, the garbage was literally the mob. I mean that was it. Is it still that way? Is it like that in Colorado? Are they gangsters or what?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 9: I think it was ever like that in Colorado. I mean we were never a stronghold for the East Coast families. I mean, we had the small domes over here, as bon knows well, but it seems like they never got into garbage. The garbage and recycling industry on the East Coast had been really dominated by the syndicate.
Speaker 5: The syndicate.
Speaker 9: That's nice, but you know, the FBI did a really good job breaking that up in the mid to late nineties.
Speaker 5: There was actually where the Rico Act came right, was echoing after Teflon don there.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know the origins of the Rico Act, but that was certainly used, you know, with great effect against some of these actors. And there was a time that the famous case out of New York City where there used to be a big garbage company called BFI. You may remember, I've heard of BFI. Yeah, Well, they had an office in New York City that was staffed with many many actual FBI agents wow to be salespeople.
Speaker 5: And it was that corrupt.
Speaker 9: It was that corrupt.
Speaker 8: That's incredible.
Speaker 9: A lot of busts.
Speaker 5: But you don't think right now in Colorado, you know, you want some you want a problem disposed of. You can't call up waste management. What are you thinking here?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 9: They're pretty much just legitimate companies operating a bus.
Speaker 8: Make a ton of money, don't you make a.
Speaker 9: Ton of money? They're huge publicly traded companies. The massive republic and waste management and waste connections, those are the really really big eight hundred pound corollism. I don't need to be involved, you know.
Speaker 5: Speaking speaking of waste James, got a problem with waste management. James. What's going on?
Speaker 14: Man?
Speaker 5: Hello closer? How are you James?
Speaker 8: How's your new year?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 5: Yes, James, go ahead, you can speak.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm calling about this issue on having with waste connections of Colorado.
Speaker 5: Waste connection or waste management.
Speaker 3: No waste connection got it of Colorado?
Speaker 8: Yep, we know who they are. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I received a notice from them after cantling my service with him, that they're going to charge me thirty two dollars for cantling my service with him.
Speaker 5: Well, what is the terms? I mean when you signed up? Is there something they're pointing to that you agreed to? Was the original contract? Is that what it said?
Speaker 3: I asked them for a contract and they say I don't have a contract with them. I've been with them ever since they've been Colorado.
Speaker 5: Well I wouldn't if they don't have a contract, saying, and you never agreed? Do you pay your bills online with them? Do you send them a check? How have you been paying? I'm trying to figure out if you ever agreed to this cancelation fee, and the other.
Speaker 3: Part is bills online with them monthly. I was paid up to date, Yeah, I still had about four days left on the In fact, I canceled on the twenty third to cancel my service starting one January of two thousand.
Speaker 5: Tis hey, do they actually say it's a cancelation fee? Are they saying it's like a pickup fee because they've got to come out and get their trash bins or whatever, you know, whatever equipment you have.
Speaker 3: They told me it was a cancelation fee.
Speaker 5: But they couldn't point to anything. See, here's what I'm worried about. And I'm not really worried about it. I think we can probably take care of this for you, but I'm not sure. But here's what I'm thinking. You possibly agreed sometime when you set up to do that bill pay online. You know terms and conditions that all of us, whether you download an app or you go to a certain website. My god, if you look at Microsofts or Google's, I mean, it's eight four hundred and sixty two pages. It's absolutely insane what you have agreed to, never knowing if you agree to or not. But I'm gonna ask Dmitri. I mean, we've had this before. Have we had any luck getting rid of the thirty two dollars fee?
Speaker 9: Now, we've had calls like this before. I think James is about the third or fourth caller in the past few months that I remember the same exact problem. But you know, usually other haulers do this too. It's really common. They get these tiny little nuisance fees of thirty thirty two. We've told everybody just to disregard it.
Speaker 5: How would you possibly collect on it? It would cost them, it would cost him more to turn it. There's not a collection company in the world that's going to take thirty two bucks. And unless they get a judgment against you, James, unless they get into judgment two dollars, yeah, there's enough, That's what I mean. If they bring you to court, there's no way. It's crazy, man. But here's the problem. Can they automatically bill you or you set up on auto payments where they've already taken the money?
Speaker 3: No, I have a setup where I have a one time payment every time I go online. They have excellent so they can't take it and I have to do the payment.
Speaker 5: So there's no way they can take it from you draw it. Yeah, there's no way they can take it from you, as far as you know that. Yeah, I wouldn't pay it if it was me. I simply wouldn't pay it. If they can't point to any contracts you signed, or any terms or any conditions where you agreed to it, I wouldn't pay it. In fact, even if they did sneak something in on their website, I still wouldn't pay it. It's what I call an uncollectible amount. They're banking in my opinion on people just simply paying it. I mean they might as well. They might as well make it fifty four dollars. I mean, it really doesn't matter. It's so arbitrary. Bob Logan, any comments on it, man, I mean you're a big you know, plumb Line is one of the if not the largest place or home services company in Colorado. And I know you guys have monthly things. You guys, what are they called? What is your monthly service? It's it's a VIP membership. And if someone wants to cancel, do you guys charge a cancelation?
Speaker 6: We never charge a cancelation if they're silly, if they order something, unless it's a special product and they decided you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 6: Hey, we're gonna cancel. We're not going to hold them to it. We never do that. But and that's right. I understand companies like Waste Connections doing this. But my concern, and I agree with everything that you're saying, especially based on principle, if he doesn't have an agreement, But my concern is if he doesn't pay it and they turn over to collections.
Speaker 5: You can't do that. They've got to prove that he owes it. If they actually do that, they're breaking the law, hitting his credit. Okay, you follow what I'm saying. Now, if they if they, if they show up. It doesn't happen as much as it did. Using credit to slander someone, to blackmail somebody is not used as much as it was even five six years ago. Okay, it has changed quite a bit because what happens is the Feds and here's the problem. To actually go after that law and go after a company is just a pain in the ass. And basically what happens is your credit might be freed up, you might get a few bucks out of it, but not much. What happens is they get fined heavily, and that's where the teeth are in the entire time.
Speaker 6: I'm glad that those changes because it used to not be that way. Yeah, it used to be the consumer's responsibility to fight it.
Speaker 5: Yep, James, So you got any more questions, man, I just simply wouldn't pay it. If they do come after you or try to slander your credit, call us back, but I don't even know if it's worth the phone calls. Go ahead, James.
Speaker 15: Did you happen to call Waste Connections and talk to a customer service supervisor and ask to get this charge expunged?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 3: Well, they don't let you go that far. You know, they just tell you that you know, it's people that are messengers within the company that.
Speaker 10: It's hard to get a hold of a real person.
Speaker 5: Huh. It's crazy with any company now right.
Speaker 3: You're talking to the people that are there working for the company, and if they want to keep their job, they tell you what they got to tell you and uh, and then they trying to charge you this little fee just because you're tell sim But what I threw Adam was I wanted to see my contract when I signed it because and they told me I didn't have one, so I said, well, I don't have one with you, so I'm going to leave it at that. And I just want to make a comment about Plumeline. They're one of the greatest companies out there.
Speaker 5: Okay, now I'm starting to think you, I mean.
Speaker 3: What a what a great company.
Speaker 5: What have you used them for? Just real quick and I got to take a break and excellent, Thank you.
Speaker 7: I love your.
Speaker 3: Business work like a and Carrier couldn't do better.
Speaker 8: Is that your main brand, Bob, Carrier is our main brand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can sell their service any brand, but Carriers our main brand.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Hey man, I appreciate it. Thank you for the call. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Coming up. We have got a question on a medical question about their son. I'm not sure where that's going to lead. Got a couple of lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Give me something to sink my teeth in.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five, We've got a couple lines open. You've been ripped off, you've been taken advantage of. Maybe you just got a question. We got a list of experts at referral lists dot com that are barring on. These guys are great, absolutely wonderful. And by the way, check us out. Go to YouTube dot com, of course and type in Troubleshooter Network. You'll see us live here us live during the breaks. It's kind of a cool way to become part of the show. And I do want to tell you real quick though about Paul Thewaterman. This guy's unbelievable Waterpros dot Net is his website. He sells the best for less. He has water systems like softeners that other people sell for over seven eight grand, and he sells for thirty five hundred bucks. He's got point of you systems. If it has to do with water. He is our water expert, that is pauldwatermanwaterpros dot net. Now let's see what is going on with Martin. Martin, what's happening man?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 12: Mark?
Speaker 8: How I'm doing great?
Speaker 5: How are you sir?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 13: Good?
Speaker 11: I had a quick medical question trying to help my son. Sure he needs what's called him an echo cardiogram, and he doesn't have the greatest insurance medical insurance. I wondered if there was a place on the front range, a clinical location that could do that where he could pay cash.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I know, I personally don't know who, but I know who would know the answer to that. And I say that because Suzanne, what is that thing we're going to have done you scheduled for?
Speaker 10: Put me on the spot mark that's more of a heart scan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a mobile heart scan. You pay cash into that. Yeah. But the person that gave me that information, doctor Joel. I bet could answer this question. Kelly, Can we try to get doctor Joel on so I can ask him where he would go, because I bet he.
Speaker 8: Would know the answer. I can't hear you, Kelly, can you hear me?
Speaker 5: I got you I'm on it all right. Awesome.
Speaker 14: Cool.
Speaker 5: Hey, by the way, while I got you up there, Martin, I'm going to put you on hold. How did Fuller do Thursday Friday? I heard a little bit of the show the card day sounded pretty good. What did you guys think in there?
Speaker 14: I think he did a really good job.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I mean there were no technical difficulties, no echoes, everyone showed up on time.
Speaker 14: He did the break.
Speaker 5: Who came in Kevin and Jeff that I was in Thursday with you? So you're talking about Thursday Thursday? Yes, sorry, and it went real good.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 15: It did go good, and it was a little slow, but we were able to have a good discussion and cool.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bring him in next week with us. I really like Fuller. He really is a good guy. He's good at it. It's a little uh, you know, first time you sit down here, it's a little nerve racking, you know. For me, it was thirty I'll tell this real quick. So first time I filled in for Tom. Did you ever hear this?
Speaker 2: Bob?
Speaker 5: So we're downtown thirteenth in Lawrence. This building was nonexistent. I'm going to guess it was what Suzanne probably like nineteen ninety.
Speaker 10: Five, sick something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we instead a car Friday, he would have computer Day because remember the year two thousand was coming up, and I would go in every Friday, just like Kevin and Jeff come in and talk cars, we would do computers. And I was sitting there one day. I'd probably been in maybe three or four times.
Speaker 9: That was it.
Speaker 8: It kind of just started.
Speaker 5: I sold them a bunch of computers for his house and other stuff. That's kind of how I met Tom. But anyhow, I'm sitting in there doing it and he turns around mid sentence, mid sentence and projectile vomits into the trash can behind them and says, You're gonna have to finish the show. I'm sick as hell and got up and left, and there was about forty five minutes left in the show. Father John was sitting to my right and both of us are looking at each other like, I don't think I've ever seen anybody projectile vomit like that, And then I think it was sister Laurie. Does that sound right, Yeah, that does sound right. I think it was Sister Laurie. And that was the first time I ever filled in for Tom and talk about nerve wracking.
Speaker 8: No, No, he was definitely really sick.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: If I recall, I think what happened is maybe I've done this before. Have you ever taken a multi vitamin in the morning without any kind of thing, Oh my gosh, like everything's fine for like fifteen minutes, and then all of a sudden the price.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: Something along those lines, and he popped a multi vitamin or something like that. I don't remember what it was, but it was bad. But that was that was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Everybody holds tight three oh three Martino.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off, taking advantage of maybe you know someone, maybe you got a problem. Maybe you didn't even realize you got ripped off. You know that happens with roofing a lot. People don't realize they sun the contract when someone comes and just wants to look at the roof. But any issue you have, three oh three, Martino. That number works, by the way, all the time, twenty four to seven. And if we can't pick up and talk to you right then or get you on the air right then, we'll call you back, Kelly O, reach out to you and we'll try to help you. And you can always email us at helpatroubleshooter dot com. Now Martin called in. He said, Hey, my son does not have the best insurance in the world. And if I believe what you said, is he needs a echo cardiogram or wants one.
Speaker 8: And I got doctor Jolan.
Speaker 5: And the reason I brought doctor Jolan is doctor Joel, you told Susanna and I about a week ago, what was that called?
Speaker 8: What is that where they scan for plaque? What is the proper name for that?
Speaker 16: It's a cod artery ultrasound.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you gave us the name of a company and we got it scheduled and it was so reasonable. But this guy, his son wants to get He wants to basically pay cash for an echo cardiogram. Do you know any company that does that? And I know nothing about it. I don't even know. I would assume you don't need a prescription for that, is that correct? Or do you no?
Speaker 16: I don't you know. I mean obviously if it was going to be paid for by insurance, he would need a medical doctor to order it. Yeah, which is sort of the same thing. But you know, long story, sure mark you that for me.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 16: There's a company here in town called Boone Heart Institute Boone.
Speaker 5: As in like like Daniel Boone who correct.
Speaker 16: B oo and Boone Heart Institute, got it. They specialize in in treaty cardiovascular uh situations. They're more preventative than they are interventionalists, and they take they.
Speaker 8: Take good old fashioned greenbacks.
Speaker 16: They do. And I know they have the capability of doing and a cardiogram. So if it would if it were me personally, that's who I would call. But other than that, I don't know. You know, Usually those are like hospital based machines and your cardiologist orders it for you and you got to go to the hospital to do it. But I'm almost one hundred percent positive that they have the machinery at Boone Talk Part Institute.
Speaker 5: Hey, so, so, Martin, do you have any questions for doctor Joel. It's Booneheart Institute. I just looked it up. You can go right to their website phone numbers there. It looks like it might even be they might have some form of concier care as well. Doc.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, they do a lot of concierge work, specifically for part problems and people with part issues. Yeah, but I know that they can. I know they they alet cart price out certain things that they do, so I'd be willing to do that as a standalone, you know, examination for certain price.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got you. So any questions at all, Martin, I got you up.
Speaker 11: I don't and I'll go to that website. And I appreciate I appreciate your help.
Speaker 8: Yeah, call him up, ask him how much?
Speaker 5: Man? Hey, Doc, I appreciate it. And I think we're gonna see you soon this week?
Speaker 16: Right tomorrow?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 5: Is it tomorrow? Susanne?
Speaker 10: Already?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 5: Do you think I should tell everybody what I'm doing. Oh, I'll think about it. I will think about it. Doc, I'll see you tomorrow. I didn't know you were in that quick. That's doctor Joel Denverregen dot com seven two zero five eight three sixteen forty eight. Suzanne, you said you had a question for Bob Logan. By the way, we got another hour coming up. You've been ripped off taking advantage of just need some help. That last call is a perfect example. We've got experts everywhere in every field, but what I really love is going after bad contractors. Suzanne, Well, I was just going to ask Bob.
Speaker 18: It might have to wait till the next hour, but just on this whole ban on natural gas fired water heaters, what that means for the consumer coming up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I guess Biden just signed this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's not going into effect, I guess until twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 5: But I just I don't know what was it an executive order? But I'm not sure Mark. I gotta look it up too, because if it was an executive order, I mean, trop can basically rip it up. But Bob, I mean to the question, have you Uh, well, let's look at it over the break and go back, because I mean, there's a lot of money if you have to get a high efficiency compared to a low efficiency, and some people simply can't afford it. Everybody, hold on three oh three Martino, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped off news need advice? Who you don't have the come running sus fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help, coming man.
Speaker 19: This is the Troubleshooter Show now Tom Martinez, all right, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: The only show that's can. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. The phone number is easy. We got open lines right now. You've been ripped off for taking advantage of them. By the way, make sure to tell your friends, your neighbors, anybody that has a problem. We love going after bad guys. We love exposing people. We have a great group of deputies. We have Deputy Doc and then in studio today Deputy Dmitri and Deputy Bow. We have Kelly over there answering your phone calls. And then Shannon's on the other side of the glass, whose hands in with me?
Speaker 8: And then our guest today.
Speaker 5: We generally always have a guest from referral list dot com and that's plumb Line Services, Bob Logan friend of the show, friend of mine for gosh, bruh.
Speaker 7: I mean fifteen years.
Speaker 5: At least fifteen or pretty close to fifteen, Bob. And you've been with now you're one of the owners of plumb Line. But I mean you've been with Plumbline for what I mean sixteen years? Sixteen years. Yes, that's remarkable, you guys. I see a lot of TV ads you guys do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we do a lot of TV radio, whatever we can to get the name out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's curious. How much digital do you do? Do you guys do that kind of advertising? Now? Is that a big thing?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's been a big thing for a long time.
Speaker 5: Do you do like Google AdWords? I like asking you these questions.
Speaker 6: Google AdWords, Yeah, we do pretty much everything digital, p.
Speaker 5: Anyway to any way to get your message out. Yes, yeah, that's pretty cool, man.
Speaker 9: I like that.
Speaker 5: Hey three oh three seven one three A two five, five to five. I was going to ask everybody here about something, but hold on here, hold on here.
Speaker 10: And are we going to talk about the ban on the water heaters?
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you look that up while I'm looking up what I wanted to bring up?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So this was a ruling that just happened last month.
Speaker 8: Was it an executive order? What was it if?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't think it was an executive order, but you know it's three hundred and sixty one pages if you want to read it.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And so like everything in government, well and like and like anything else. I understand, you know, we're trying to do what we can to save our environment, and I think we all have a responsibility there. But but sometimes there's unintended unintended consequences, and and some of these changes that are being made are going to affect the people that really can't quite frankly, afford it. You know, the elderly, uh, the poor, you know they're they're going to be forced to buy these more expensive water heaters.
Speaker 5: Well, give us and give me an idea of that though, So if this doesn't take effect for a while. But just like any of these crazy rules, I mean, the Biden administration wanted insane with California, wanted like every car to be electric. A lot of people can't go out and buy a Tesla. I mean that's just the bottom line. They can't. I mean they want other vehicles, And I agree with you. Who this hurts more than anybody are people that don't have a lot of money or they're on a fixed budget.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right, just like inflation. I mean, if you're paying twice as much for eggs or milk or bread, do you think multi millionaires care about that? If you're paying another dollar for a gallon gas, multimillionaires don't care about that.
Speaker 8: It's amazing. They hurt the people they were trying to get to vote for.
Speaker 7: People who vote for it are the ones it's hurting the most.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well they do the same.
Speaker 7: I don't quite understand that, but I'll give.
Speaker 5: You a synergy over that God right here in Colorado. And the biggest one is this. I mean, they changed all these landlord tenant laws to where a lot of people simply Bow's one of them, simply do not want to be landlords in Denver or Colorado in general anymore. It's to the point where even when the lease is up, you can't get rid of the person living in your property, even when the lease is up. So ultimately what happens is there's going to be less places for rent because they can go to other markets and not have to worry about any of this stuff. So what what does that do when you have less places to rent the ones you can rent? It raises the prices.
Speaker 6: It raises the prices and all those legal fees and everything else that landlords have to go through, those ultimately get passed on to their tenants.
Speaker 5: Oh, passed on. Now you have to register bo you know about this. You have a bunch of rentals, didn't You have to register like every single rental now as a pain in the bud.
Speaker 15: In Denver, I have four or five properties. I had to get a real estate license with the city in County of Denver.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, and I have to pay for it.
Speaker 15: I couldn't get a group a consolidated license had to be a license for each property, and then someone from the city comes and inspects the property.
Speaker 14: So I have to make sure the properties are available.
Speaker 5: Did you get hit with anything from the inspections, anything that you thought was simply silly?
Speaker 14: No, My properties are pretty well kept.
Speaker 15: Okay, I think I had a fire extends issue, but it's just more government.
Speaker 5: Interference and like, now do you pass that on?
Speaker 14: You have to absolutely.
Speaker 15: The fees are like one hundred dollars a unit, and now they're talking about one of my units have natural gas stoves we were talking about during the break in the city and County Dever wants those converted to electricity. I don't have two twenty power going to the building. It would cost well over one hundred and fifty thousand dollars just to try to convert it for the electrics.
Speaker 5: And if they did force you to do that, then what happens You will increase the rate and.
Speaker 14: It's going to the tenant.
Speaker 5: It's just so insane, Bob. I mean, you deal with it every day because of you know, HVAC. Yet you can't sell this now, and you can sell this, or they give rebates on stuff that you know, certain people just don't want. Hey, a lot of people want to cook with gas. Suzanne's favorite way of cooking is gas. She you don't like electric stoves. Now we've tried induction, we've tried regular electric, you name it, we've tried it. She likes. Everybody likes gas. It's instant, you're not waiting for it to warm up.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And and this, I mean this covers so many different industries, but ours ours in particular, our products over the last three four you know years have skyrocketed compared to where they were, and not just for plumb line.
Speaker 7: I mean this is the industry as a whole.
Speaker 6: Furnace and air conditioning systems, water heaters, everything has just gone up. And we've tried to absorb as much as we possibly can, but at the end of the day, we can't absorb it all or we're gonna be out of business, and so ultimately it does get passed on in the consumer.
Speaker 5: Going back to the water heater, So give me an idea of like just throw a dollar amount, not even on installation and everything's different, but just a water heater price for what we would get I don't even know what the efficient what's the lowest you can sell right now?
Speaker 7: Eighty I believe it's seventy right now, So right.
Speaker 5: Now in a seventy percent lowest brand that you can imagine. I mean, just give me an idea, a thousand bucks just for the part.
Speaker 6: The tank itself is going to be quite a bit less than that, you know, maybe half that.
Speaker 8: So five hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Now, compare that compared to that a high efficiency, like like something we're talking about with this Biden administration change where you can't even use natural gas.
Speaker 8: It's more of what like a boiler or an electric water heat.
Speaker 6: You're gonna spend a couple thousand dollars on the part. So again, you know, yea four times, four times.
Speaker 5: That's incredible. And once again I can't emphasize this enough is who it hurts. And it hurts the people that don't have that. I mean, I don't even know what someone does. And what do you do? You make them put it on their credit card and they're paying Not only are they paying five times out that they could have been paying, but now they're paying interest on their credit card to it. It's just insanity. I just simply don't get to go ahead, Dmitri. Oh, I thought you were right. You look perched.
Speaker 17: Oh.
Speaker 9: I was just fascinated by the discussion. And it's infuriating how many liberties these people take with our money.
Speaker 5: No, it's NonStop, man, Colorado's become crazy. I mean, I like Colorado, I like where I live out in Douglas County, but in general, it's just it's just crazy. Man. I go back to all the crime that's happened in Denver when we first moved here in the very very early nineties. I mean the sixteenth Street mall. You didn't see any homeless. You know, I'm not saying he didn't see any homeless.
Speaker 10: It was beautiful, it was we.
Speaker 8: Love going downtown.
Speaker 9: I mean clean, it was safe, it was pleasant, people friendly, fun.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And I don't think the people that have changed it, I don't think. I don't think they were looking at it like, hey, we're going to do this so it becomes a horrible place. I think the intentions were good. I'm not sure what the I would hate to think their intentions where we're going to run the city into the crapper. I mean, I don't think that was the intentions, But as long as it's been going on, you would think they would see the trend and start trying to change things. I mean, honestly, making dope legal I think was crazy. I'll be honest, man, I think it brought a lot of homeless because we were the first, and it brought a lot of people that, you know, that's what they want to do. They want to get high all the time. But more importantly, I think it's killing I think it's killing our youth here. I mean back in my day. I'm not saying I never smoked pot in high school. Of course I did, But man, you had to go through some hoops to get a joint. You couldn't like just walk over to your neighbor's house and they snag it from their parents.
Speaker 10: Nearly as strong as it is now.
Speaker 8: Mark, Well, that's an entirely Yeah, that's.
Speaker 10: What I think is kind of scary.
Speaker 5: Best in Jersey, we'd get Mexican dirt weed. You know, you'd have to smoke a whole joint to get high.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Mark, when they legalized dope here, I know a guy who moved here from New Zealand. Shortly they're after just to legally buy dope, just to buy, just to smoke dope. Now he still doesn't have a job. I don't know how he lives, but he's certainly not doing any great service to our society. And look at what they did just a few days ago. They legalized mushrooms.
Speaker 5: Now that's crazy.
Speaker 9: So you know, the legislature and the governor and the Attorney general, they're doing their best to get the country's drug addicts.
Speaker 5: They're trying to move here, to move here. They're trying to dumb us up too, man. I mean, but that's where I go back to. Why do you think that is. I don't think they're literally going, hey, let's make let's make it to where the average kid in high school now is dumber than they used to be. I mean, they're not passing tests now that all of us passed. When we were in that grade, our schools would pass everything O eight middle schools. I guarantee, if we could go back and looked, they were probably at or above the average. Now there's certain schools that come in thirty five percent failing, right, I mean, it's evident what's going on. But why do you think, why do you think just here in Colorado why do you think they allow that to happen. I mean, Bob, you don't think like they wanted that to happen.
Speaker 6: No, I mean there's you know, part of me says, because they want to buy the votes. They want the votes right, keep them in office, but make it legal.
Speaker 5: They'll vote for us, but they forget. They're so high they forget to show up and vote.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not kidding, you know, I don't know that. At the end of the day, they they don't look long term, They're looking short term. They want to they want everybody to feel good. You know, what's right for you is right for you. What's right for me is right for me. What's what's right for me? It is not necessarily right for society, not at all. And trust me, there's plenty of things in my nature that I want to do, but it's not It's not good for me, it's not good for society. It's not good for my employees or my marriage. So it's like sometimes you gotta you gotta say stop.
Speaker 7: Enough is enough.
Speaker 5: I just think the whole marijuana thing just went just way overboard, all right? Three oh three seven, one three eight, two five five. I want to hear from you three oh three Martino.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, folks, three oh three seven one three eight two five five two lines open three zero three Martino. We make it easy. You have been ripped off, Let's call up. Let's get some help so you can call back and say, yeah, they recovered X amount for us. And I'll tell you why because so far over three hundred million dollars. That's a lot of dough three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges and refunds directly due to this show. By the way, one of our experts I want to tell you about real quick. He's our realtor, he's Time's realtor. He's a lot of listeners realtor. In fact, Frank Duran, the real estate man, sells more homes listen to this, more homes in one month, in one month than most realtors sell in a year. In fact, I'd say he probably sells double in one month than most selling a year. He's an incredible man. He's one of the best negotiators I've ever seen, the best. He saved us so much money on the house we bought in frank Down, and he made us more than I could have imagined on our house in Castle Rock. Check him out at Frank Duran Homes dot com Frank Durant Holmes dot com. Now we've got to follow up on this twenty k but I'm going to go to Mike versut. Mike, you've got to comment on the current discussion. What part of the discussion the water heaters?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 13: Okay, Mark, all these apartment buildings, the communist governor, the communist city of Denver want to buy up all the apartment buildings.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 13: Last year they stated that they will have first crack at buying apartment.
Speaker 20: Buildings that landlords sell, and so they want to price it's so high only they can afford with our money to buy up all those apartments.
Speaker 5: But what are they going to do with them? Just make low cost housing? I mean, what's there? What do you think their end goal is, Mike?
Speaker 13: They're going to give.
Speaker 11: Them to the bombs all of thems.
Speaker 5: But they already know that doesn't work. They've tried the many house communities, They've tried the hotel rooms, They've tried this. A lot of people when it comes to the homeless, don't realize most of these people want to be homeless. I'm not saying they're not mentally ill and they don't have a drug addiction, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 8: They want to be homeless.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 5: Uh but are you saying they're so stupid Mike that they don't realize it?
Speaker 11: Yeah? They are pretty damn stupid. These bastards.
Speaker 5: Tell us how you really think there, Mike. Now, I never thought about that that. I mean, bo, I'm going back to you because you own Reynolds, did you? Is anything resonating with what Mike's saying to you? I have not heard the Dead Watch start buying up these units, Mike. Is it's true? I did get something in the mail that they were.
Speaker 15: City council was talking about putting some sort of amendment or a resolution where the city would get a first right of refusal.
Speaker 14: It's a file commercial real.
Speaker 15: Estate, but I don't think it ever really went into effect, but there certainly was.
Speaker 14: Talk about it.
Speaker 8: That's amazing and that's.
Speaker 5: All our well, it's that's our tax dollars. I mean, let's just get right to where it is.
Speaker 15: And what they're going to do is buy it and run it, run the buildings into the ground because the city are not good landlords.
Speaker 5: The city's not good at doing anything.
Speaker 14: That's true, so collecting our money.
Speaker 5: What else? Mike anything man? Basically, Mark, Yeah, it's infuriating. I uh, Colorado has changed so much.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, I've been.
Speaker 13: Here seventy seven.
Speaker 3: If I would if I weren't seventy six, I'd be the hell on right here?
Speaker 5: Well, you can still move, I assume Why do you say that is your roots here or what?
Speaker 13: Yeah, wait till you get seventy six.
Speaker 11: I'm a pretty damn good shape. But oh, you scaring the hell? Am I going to go? You know where are you going to go?
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you where i'd go. Right now, we've been looking at all kinds of places. Man, I'm lucky enough. I can do this show remotely. I can do a show somewhere else. We can do a lot of stuff. I mean, Tom and I both can literally be in two different states. It's or two different countries. And unless we let people know, you would have no idea where the hell we were under most cases. So I like, I'll tell you where I like. A lot of people laugh at me. I like Louisiana. I like on the sly Dell side of Lake Pontcha Train. I like that town a little further in. There's some great waterfront stuff. It's cheap. I like different places in Florida. If you go inland in Florida, you can go cheap. I'm not in Arizona or Nevada. Guy, it's just too damn hot. But I get what you're saying.
Speaker 9: Wyoming it's pretty nice too. I've been there a few times.
Speaker 8: Little from Qeretty as hell.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm not afraid of a bad hair day once in a while.
Speaker 5: Wow the winners, Well, look at my hair do I look like I'm afraid of a bad hair day. Gorgeous, Absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 9: By the way, that law it is called Colorado Local Rights the first refusal. It's effect in August sixth of last year. This is according to Davis, Graham and stuff.
Speaker 5: So they actually have first right. Now it says it just commercial property.
Speaker 9: It's residential and mixed use properties in Colorado consisting of fifteen to one hundred units.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's why we don't get a lot of calls because it's not every day one hundred unit. Now, if it's.
Speaker 8: More than one hundred units, it's not.
Speaker 9: Covered by that law.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just curious. Why would it be fifty That seems so arbitrary? Fifteen to one hundred weight.
Speaker 9: It gets better. Non compliance may result in civil penalties of ten thousand to one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: So what do you got to do? You're supposed to call up the city and say, hey, I'm selling. You would hope your realtor understands all this.
Speaker 9: So seller obligations, according to Davis, Graham and Stubbs, provide notice of intent to sell before entering into a listing agreement with a broker or otherwise listing of the property on MLS. See this is great, owing that the government may within seven days either wave their right. They gave themselves this right either wave their right or request due diligence from the seller. If the governments request.
Speaker 5: Due to diligion, that's insane.
Speaker 9: So has five days to provide required property information.
Speaker 5: Bob, does do you wear plumbline on any that's just Denver though?
Speaker 9: Right, No, that's a state law.
Speaker 5: That's a state law.
Speaker 9: That's a state law. And so it's so it's.
Speaker 7: Price. Do they get to name their price?
Speaker 5: I would think they just can you imagine if that was the case, they'll they'll just wow, they'll take it.
Speaker 8: They took one of my properties by eminento.
Speaker 7: Mate, Well there you go.
Speaker 5: In fact, what's sitting there right now is the last stop in montbelo Head.
Speaker 8: It's called Puria Station. That used to be one of my good years.
Speaker 9: What's the Purist station?
Speaker 10: So RTD light rail.
Speaker 5: It's basically the last stopp or I think the next last now between it's Denver Metro and the airport.
Speaker 10: Market your first stop for weed when you're getting off the airport.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. You can you can fly into d I A and you can hop on the train and you can get off in Mont Below and there's lots of recreational dope there you can buy, hop back on the train and go back to wherever the hell you came from.
Speaker 9: What was that process, like, do you feel like you were paid a fair market value or could you have done better selling to someone else?
Speaker 10: Well, a nightmare.
Speaker 5: It was good and bad. That's a great question. So, ah, man, it was handcock. In fact, at one point, I'll tell you how bad it got. At one point them dealing with me, and it was probably mostly me, I'll be honest.
Speaker 8: I mean, they're gonna do what they do. And at one point on.
Speaker 5: The ribbon cutting ceremony, they knew I was going to show up. You know, they had the cameras out there and everything, so they knew who I was when I walked up. And it was pretty bad. I mean, nothing happened. I did talk to the press and talk to other people out there, and I wanted to go meet Hancock because ultimately he was the guy doing this to me. It was the city in County of Denver that was him.
Speaker 10: You were the resistance.
Speaker 5: I was part of the resistance, and they did not. He didn't want to come over and talk to me, So that didn't go great. But you know, it was what it was, and here was the bottom line. Ultimately it worked out very well for us. In fact, you ever something happens in your life, Bob, maybe this has happened to you, something happens in it to time. I almost call it unanswered prayers. At the time, you want to do anything in your life to change whatever's going on.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter what it is, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Maybe something happened with one of your kids and you want him to go a certain direction and they fight you and they don't go that direction. Or in your own life, you get fired from a job, or the company goes out of business something, and you just pray, oh, I want this changed, I want this and you do everything in your power, but nothing happens, nothing changes. Then all of a sudden, a year later, because of that thing that you never wanted it to happen, some really good things happen, and if you look back on it, they never would have.
Speaker 6: I liked the way you said that, unanswered prayers. It's the reason I'm at plumbline, to be quite honest, that's remarkable. The company I worked for before was a concrete construction residential Foundations SAD Corp. I love the company, loved the owners. I thought I was going to be there for the rest of my career. And then the recession hit and we went you know, our business dropped by ninety percent overnight.
Speaker 7: You're talking eight ten exactly.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 6: And I went to Plumbline in two thousand and nine. Quite frankly, I thought it was gonna be a temporary situation. I told the old owner, I said, I'll be back in a year or two when this recession blows over. And it was the darkest time, one of the darkest times of my life. And sure as heck, here I am fifteen sixteen years later.
Speaker 5: An owner of one of the largest, if not the largest, and I love it. You know, whatever happened had it not been for the recession, Yeah, that's crazy. So at the time I was going through this eminent domain with Hancock and those goons down there, and what they do is they hire people to handle all this for them. You don't deal with this city. I think the company was called HC. Peck and I think they're still here. They were pretty good. I mean, once again, a lot of it was my attitude, of course, you're coming in, you're taking something that I'm cash flowing on and making money and you're telling me, Okay, i'll pay you to move. I'll do this, I'll do all that. But most businesses that are taken by eminent domain, in the case of Peoria Crossing, I think it was thirty six businesses. I think there was, like, for an example, there was liquor stores. There was Kentucky Fried Chicken, or churches was a church's church's chicken. There was a waffle house. There was all these things. I think zero are there now. Zero They tried to relocate, it didn't work. It's like zero, like literally zero. I think nationwide businesses mon pop businesses taken by eminent domain.
Speaker 8: I mean it's like a ten percent survival rate.
Speaker 5: If you're a liquor store, people stop there because they're used to where they are. They're buying their cigarettes, or a convenience store, they're getting their gas. When you move, that's it.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's not a convenience store when you move because it's not convenient.
Speaker 8: It's not convenient anymore. They're out of business anyhow.
Speaker 5: I'm going to tell you guys after this, and I promise I'll get back to the phones. But I'm going to tell you, guys, when I went through this, and I'll throw this in. At that same time, Susanna and I were going through a bankruptcy, a Chapter eleven restructure on that company. So as I'm in bankruptcy, this eminent domain happens, which threw a monkey ranch into the restructure part. It was absolutely the biggest nightmare, the most rock bottom part I remember in my life. But it made me two million.
Speaker 2: Dollars go with a sure thing, Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oh three Martino, you've been ripped off taking advantage of I'm going to finish that story really quick. So I went through Emine into Maine and Denver. This was I don't remember what year, Suzanne. I mean it was around the recession.
Speaker 10: Two thousand and nine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and how I ended up having to do a chapter eleven, which is a restructure for corporation. I had five good Year stores, and honestly, the I was going to say Biden administration, but the Obama administration almost put me in a bunch of other people that owned repair shops had a business. I'll tell you why. I was called cash for a Clunkers was one of the main reasons you could get a ten thousand dollars tax credit and go buy a brand new car if you got rid of the car that I would have been fixing. And everybody else was broke at the time. I'm pretty sure we lived in Red Hawk, Colorado, like every fifth house was in foreclosure. It was the craziest time ever, Bob, you were talking about it in your life. I mean, I never lived through anything like that, and I'm fifty two or coming up on it, and it was. It was just a remarkable time. So I'm in chapter eleven. They come in in my one store. That is crushing it because I had a lot of national accounts like termin X and State Patrol Colorado State Patrol. I had a lot of money that didn't go away at that particular store. They're going to take my cash flow away, which totally threw a monkey wrench into the entire plan that we had to represent to the trustee doing the Chapter eleven. So it was horrible. But ultimately I'm at a meeting for Eminent Domain and I meet a guy who has a building that happens to be right behind my Goodyear that's not getting affected. But the problem was his tenant was moving out because he would have no more traffic. So his tenant's lease was coming up. And this was a twenty thousand square foot building, twenty thousand huge building. It's still there right now. So I talked to him. He lives in Florida. He doesn't want to have to try to rent it out. This is a huge monkey wrench for him because this whole Peoria Crossing project is going to last year. So they're building a bridge, putting in a parking lot, putting in the light rail, They're doing all this, so his building is like in bad shape. He's not going to be able to rent it out because it's hard to get there. At this point, I convince him to sell it to me on payments. I gave them whatever, maybe ten percent down, and I'm not going to get into numbers, but I paid a lot for it. But it was a great deal. I mean, it was absolutely a great deal. But I mean we're not talking one hundred thousand dollars building. We're talking expensive building. So I buy it. Then guess what happens years later, not even that many years later, I converted I turned it into a good year, and I'm making good money once again. It took a little bit. The state did pony up, or the state or the county did pony up. They moved everything. They even paid for improvements that they probably didn't have to technically pay for.
Speaker 8: But they did pretty good.
Speaker 5: They probably spent two to three hundred thousand dollars helping me convert about six thousand square feet of this building or no, ten thousand square feet half the building into a good year. It was basically a warehouse and office space. So three hundred thousand dollars later. This is before Biden, so three hundred thousand actually bought a lot of stuff back then. Oh, we go through all of this and we get the conversion. Everything's going great, and I'm just getting burned out. I'm pretty done. We're back up, we're running, and I want to sell. So I ended up selling three of the stores to pay some debt off to Goodyear so or I'm sorry to Nap Auto Parts and Goodyear. So I sold three of my stores literally to Goodyear for a couple million bucks, which is about what I owed him. I owed him a ton of money at this point. But we were still cash flowing and doing good. We were, you know, back to not you know, going crazy every day meeting Suzanne and myself and the employees and everything. So then I had two stores left, and I sold one to a store manager that was a Lakewood store in fact, Frank Tamborelli. He's a great guy. In fact, he still owns and runs that store at Kipling and Jewel. Great guy. In fact, anybody out in the Lakewood area you want a good person to go to, you go down to Frank there, and I think, who was the woman that was? Or she's still there? Do you think she's still there? I bet you. I don't really good people though they run a great score. But then I'm left with this one, this building I bought, and I want to get out and guess what happens. Ultimately marijuana becomes legal to sell, not just medically, but it's getting ready to go commercially or not commercially recreational, thank you. So I start getting offers on this building left and right. Because we're not near a school, we're not near a daycare, we're not near at homes, we're not near at church. It fits right into this little window. So instead of selling to marijuana people, I found a guy that wanted to buy it. He wanted to run the Goodyear and then ran out half of the building ten thousand square feet to marijuana, so he was going to run the good Year into it. So I ended up selling to him and I made a killing, absolute killing on it. Unfortunately, he ran the Goodyear's side down to the ground. He never worked for himself. I think he was an alcoholic too, and I'm not going to mention his name. He was a good guy, but he had a lot of problems that I didn't know about. So ultimately the whole shop went away and he sold the building and he even made some money on it, which was good.
Speaker 8: To marijuana. So right now.
Speaker 5: That building, they have an industrial kitchen that makes it's like the cleanest thing you've ever seen. It's like walking into a high end kitchen like it Shanahan's or something. It's absolutely spotless. But it's a bakery. And if you can put marijuana in it, they make it. Then the back they grow it where the shop used to be is a huge grow house. And then back then after he sold it, there was one room that has like a cigarette machine I call it. They put the raw dope or the flower into this machine and they come out in joints, and then they sell joints and all this stuff they do they sell to other places.
Speaker 8: In other words, they're kind of the wholesaler and the manufacturer.
Speaker 5: Anyhow, I had to say that Jennifer's got a question for a plumb line, will come right back to and then Richard scammed out of twenty thousand dollars and we want to hear from you.
Speaker 8: Three zero three Martino.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance, paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. I want to tell you about Compass Insurance. These guys are great. We have used Compass. Oh my goodness, Susanna and I have used Compass now for at least ten, if not fifteen years. Every year they reshop our auto or a home. They get us the best coverage at the best price, and they can do it for you. If you haven't shopped insurance for a while, it'll be the best phone call you make. Check them out at Compass Insurance dot com. Now listen. Coming up next hour. I'm going to go to Jennifer. She's got a question for a plumb line. Then Richard. We're dying to do this follow up, but I got to have a little time. We also have some lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five y five. You want to join the conversation, or you want to tell us about a bad guy, we can help you recoup that money. But coming up next hour, I want to talk about well kind of plumbline in a way, but bob Logan is an example of companies that run from the top down. And I'm going to explain what I'm talking about next hour. But I kind of learned something from my son. Of all people, you know when your kid's twenty four, well, when they're twenty two, I learned they know everything. When they're twenty four, all of a sudden, they start realizing what they know and what they don't know. But he taught me something that was incredible. And I think you guys do the same thing. And I'll talk about that next hour. But Jennifer, what is your question for Bob.
Speaker 11: Hi Di?
Speaker 21: Perhaps we live and we bought in June and online replaced my furnace in ac because it was your original. But the bathroom, two of the bathrooms in particular, smell.
Speaker 20: Like mothballs occasionally.
Speaker 5: All right, hold on, Jennifer, hold on, hold on. I thought it was going to be like a real quick thing. We'll get to you next after this.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Yea ripped up news so you don't have.
Speaker 9: Come running.
Speaker 1: Just as fast as we can show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is.
Speaker 19: The Troubleshooter Show now, Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome to.
Speaker 5: The show, the only show of It's kind of here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We want to make your life a little bit better. Here's the bottom line. You got any questions out there, We have a team at referral lists dot com as well as deputies and studio and just a great staff that can help you out. It really doesn't matter, but what we do to the gut if you will as we go after bad guys, you've been ripped off by a contractor maybe you got landlord that you know hasn't fixed your heat for a month or something just crazy. Maybe you've got some issue like that. We get involved. In fact, we do it every single day. Two of the gentlemen sitting next to me today, Dimitri and Deputy Bow. These guys have helped out so many people, it's absolutely crazy, to the tune of over three hundred million dollars cash, merch and dice exchanges refunds. You get the idea. Now, Jennifer called in had a question for a Plumbline. It sounds like, by the way in studio with me Bob Logan, one of the owners of Plumbline Services dot com and Bob it sounded like, you, guys, maybe, hey, Jennifer, did Plumbline sell you a new system at some point?
Speaker 8: Did I hear that?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 21: The house we bought in Joom was built in ninety nine. We knew that it had the original furnace and ac so Plumbline replaced it.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 21: But even before that, of bathrooms especially and there aren't there's only a heater vent in one in one bathroom and often on these smell like mothballs, plumb Line and it said it could be nef masoline.
Speaker 5: And theine nassaline.
Speaker 21: Yes, something that could be of a mold or something in the ducks, or it could be the clorox things we were putting in the tank.
Speaker 5: I got to ask you something, What was the relevance of saying that Plumbline installed the systems. Prior to the systems being installed, did you not have this smell?
Speaker 22: We did have it before.
Speaker 21: I'm just saying I gots not the old furnace because they've replaced it.
Speaker 5: I see where you were going with that. I mean, Bob any, what would cause that? I mean if they don't have a well, I'll say it a fart fan. I mean, an odor can build up. I mean, well, it happens. I'll just ask a couple of questions. When you say in the bathrooms are you are you talking about like by the toilets, in the water closet? Are you talking about the vanities and everything?
Speaker 7: Where's the smell coming from?
Speaker 21: Now? The two bathrooms where I smelled in the master, there's a separate toilet room that does not have a floor vent. It has the overhead fan, but not a floor vent, and the guest bathroom has a floor vent, and that's the one that it was smelling this morning, and I didn't yesterday.
Speaker 7: So okay, I don't know.
Speaker 6: And you feel like this is coming up definitely coming up through the vent and not maybe originating someplace else.
Speaker 8: Like to commote itself the toilet, right, one of.
Speaker 21: My new toilets. We had new toilets put in.
Speaker 6: Okay, that was going to be one of my suggestions, is pulling the toilets, putting new wax rings in, making sure that there's not some kind of.
Speaker 5: A Did you have this smell prior to that? Yes, So the first thing you did was replace the toilet's thinking maybe it was coming from there.
Speaker 21: Well, it was so sporadic. That wasn't the major cause. It's just they were online. Came out for that too. They were slow draining and getting clogged. So we put new ones in.
Speaker 7: And it's interesting that it's sporadic and not consistent.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe that is what the system kicking on, though, I mean, something is happening to create it. I mean, I guess there could be a build up. Do you guys have a what do they call that? Any kind of fan in the basement right on fan.
Speaker 21: No, don't have that, and it does well, the heat comes on in the morning and this morning that's when I smelled it in the guest path and so I did Google it and it said it could be mold and mild in the duct work.
Speaker 5: Check for that.
Speaker 6: Well, you could certainly do a duck cleaning. I mean, we don't do duck cleaning as ourselves, but some of the larger companies will do a video before and after and maybe maybe through that video they'll build to identify I mean, you know, God forbid there's a mouse or something that died in there.
Speaker 8: He had that one time. But man, you knew it. Oh man, it was.
Speaker 6: Bad, right, But but there could be something, you know, it could be mold, it could be something that is built up in there that just needs to be cleaned out of the duct work itself.
Speaker 5: It's not the best time of the year to do this, but we might have a good day to where you could turn the system off all together, to where the fan doesn't run, the furnace doesn't come on, and see if you smell it at all. But when we were in the springtime, I mean, did you smell it when nothing was on.
Speaker 21: It just it comes and goes, and it's distinctly the smell of mothballs.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what that smells like.
Speaker 21: A chemical nap selene is what makes the mothballs.
Speaker 11: Smell like that.
Speaker 21: And it seems like a bizarre thing to have your bathroom smell like that just occasionally, well not other times.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what, Jennifer, I can. I'll talk to my furnace and air conditioning technicians, my plumbers.
Speaker 5: And real quick though, Bob, wouldn't you say, if it was something in the vent work, why would it only go to that area then? I mean, the vents are all tied together coming out of the furnace. I guess it could be in the last part of that.
Speaker 8: Trunk or the first part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but if it was in the first part, wouldn't it be everywhere?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 7: I see what you're saying, right right, the last part.
Speaker 21: In all three bathrooms.
Speaker 5: It's only in the bathrooms. How about were the return three bathrooms?
Speaker 7: Right? So where the su crazy where the supply air.
Speaker 6: What Mark's saying is is right before the supply there could be something that's happened.
Speaker 7: There last little three feet under the floor, right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: How about the return air, because then if it's where the air is getting sucked in from the house, but then you would think you'd get it out of every vent.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that would be my guess, right right.
Speaker 21: I only smell it in the two bathrooms.
Speaker 5: So who would she call? I'm trying to think we used to have someone on the refer list. I don't think they're around anymore. But all they did was odors. I mean, think about what a strange company they.
Speaker 15: Wink Stink Incorporated, steak ink stink ink stink ink.
Speaker 8: All they would come out. Maybe they still are around.
Speaker 5: I thought the old owner sold, But I mean these guys could come out and figure out where smell was coming from, and it didn't matter where, and they would do it. In fact, I don't think they ever failed it to task.
Speaker 15: You know, Colora, have a suggestion. Do you have a first Do you have a cross space or a full basement?
Speaker 21: A full unfinished basement?
Speaker 15: Okay, you might check your sewer lines from the hook up to the toilet and to think and just look with the flashline see if you have anything leaking that would have maybe periodic. Then when the furnest comes on, the blower would would suck the air into the bathroom areas.
Speaker 14: M I just check to make sure you don't have any sewer leaks.
Speaker 5: Or how about the see this would have to be all three bathrooms, so because it happens in the bathrooms. But the venting in a bathroom generally you have that one that one piece of PVC. In most cases, it goes up into the attic and out and if that ever gets clogged or cut off or something, you know, you can build up a smell. But for all three of maybe what's happening is those two or three connect at one point into the attic and go out and there's something going on with that.
Speaker 8: Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: It's certainly possible.
Speaker 6: I mean sounds like there's a number of different issues that it could be period. But like I said, Jennifer, before you hang up, make sure you get your phone number off air, and uh, I'll ask my master plumbers, my HVAC mechanical masters and everybody.
Speaker 5: Oh, I bet you would. Even honestly, Bob, I love putting you on the spot. You should see the grin on my face.
Speaker 7: You certainly get out there and take a look.
Speaker 5: Yeah, would you do that?
Speaker 6: I want to start by asking them because they might they might say, well this this, they might know it might be a common issue exactly.
Speaker 5: But what I like about Just think about it, Jennifer, You've already established a great relationship. You had your Did you have the ac in furnace done by plumb line both of them? Yeah, and then you have the toilet's.
Speaker 21: Done and we're having the electrical box replaced.
Speaker 8: I guarantee they will do whatever they can to help you out.
Speaker 7: I really appreciate your business. Got you that's what agreed.
Speaker 21: Customs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, listen, Jennifer a whole time, Kelly hard to help figure it out. Kelly's gonna grab your info, Kelly grab her phone number, first, last name, and address for Bob, and he'll get right on it.
Speaker 8: And I'm dying to know the mystery.
Speaker 5: Sometimes we'll have a call like that and we'll have multiple people call up, going, oh, it's probably this or that. I just don't know because it's in three areas. That's the problem. All I can think about is that vening for each bathroom ends up at the same vent. But I don't even know if according to COVID, if that's.
Speaker 7: They do two of the bathrooms, it's not in all the bathrooms.
Speaker 5: It's not in all of them, So.
Speaker 14: I'd like to know the outcome once you figure it out.
Speaker 5: Bob, Yeah, Jennifer, hold by you guys an follow up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll start.
Speaker 6: I'll start by asking our experts and maybe they might have a simple solution.
Speaker 7: If not, we'll get somebody out there to take a look.
Speaker 5: All right, Richard, you're gonna be up next. Richard, this one's crazy. Scammed out of twenty thousand dollars. Joe has a question on serving interrogatories. Unfortunately, I have done that a lot three zero three Martino one line open three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 2: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three A three seven, one three eight two five five. If you could hear the off air conversation, you wouldn't believe it. And you can if you want to. You go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter Network. You can hear us while we're talking. But we were talking about teenagers leaving food and dishes in their room. We found dishes under our son's bed years ago, and it's like, why would anybody take a bowl of cereal, eat half of it and then put it under your bed. Until this day, I still don't know the answer to that. But everybody's been there. Everybody's been there. Bob, You add a teenage, Look how successful he's become. That's the part where you just go, what happened? When did the transformation happen?
Speaker 6: All that advice that you never thought was sinking in all of a sudden click.
Speaker 5: Did your kids did your all of you? Did your kids know everything when they were eighteen? I mean everything?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, told you told you how the world?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, it's nuts. Now they're starting to appreciate my years of wisdom and experience.
Speaker 5: Oh of course they do. They do that very quick as they grow up, and especially once you're out of the house. Once they're on their own nickel, things change very fast. I've got one on their own nickel one hundred percent for over what a year and a half. The other one will be on your own nickel very soon this year. That is so nice. I can't even explain it.
Speaker 7: It's wonderful.
Speaker 5: It is crazy. All right, Richard, what is going on? Twenty thousand dollars? It says a follow up, Give me the original call, tell me what happened, Richard?
Speaker 22: All right, so here is the deal, And I want to start out by listening to you for the last hour. You've actually helps me out a lot and put a smile on my face, because no matter how big my problem is, there's always somebody else that has something bigger.
Speaker 5: Well, that shouldn't make you feel better, but I get it. I guess that makes all of us feel better in a way.
Speaker 8: Though, I mean, isn't that weird?
Speaker 22: It does absolutely.
Speaker 8: The human psyche is very strange like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah you think, yeah, you go, oh my god, I just got hit by a car.
Speaker 8: I'm in the hospital.
Speaker 5: I got two broken legs, but that poor guy lost his arm. I mean, it's kind of crazier. The guy in the hospital bed next to me is even worse off. I get it. But go ahead, Richard, what happened? How'd you get scammed out of twenty k?
Speaker 22: So let me let me let me tell you who I am. Two years ago on New Year's Eve, I called you and said that we had three feet of water in our basement. Yeah, I'm a flood from a water main break. Yeah, and you guys help you get everything paid back from the city of Auroras.
Speaker 5: Did you wait a second, Now I'm going crazy? Did you not call Friday?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 8: Why are we going down this again? Is there another follow.
Speaker 5: Up to it?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 22: All I wanted you to do is give me some words of encouragement. Go see the bank today. We're going to go visit the bank today.
Speaker 8: What bank is it?
Speaker 5: And how come? Okay? And now I've got to recap. You put me into a position where I have to who worked on this?
Speaker 9: Well, there was nothing to work on, but yeah, give me this Swiss here. So Chard, Richard, you're the one that works that safeway, right?
Speaker 22: Yes?
Speaker 9: Yes, So Richard called and he said that during Christmas his wife got a call from someone pretending to be some kind of a federal investigator and their bank is in trouble, and he offered to help her protect their money in the bank. So Richard, correct me if I'm wrong, but in very rough strokes, your wife, a very nice lady, you know, fell for the scam. And she went and withdrew like twenty thousand dollars from a whole series of EIGHTTM machines, and then she fed ten thousand of that cash into another ATM machine into the scammers bank account. And then you guys still ended up with ten grand in cash.
Speaker 5: So how many days did this go?
Speaker 12: How?
Speaker 9: Oh, like in one day, like on Christmas?
Speaker 5: That's well, that's impossible.
Speaker 22: I didn't know you it was.
Speaker 7: It was it was New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you can't withdraw more than what whatever, three hundred, five hundred, maybe one thousand from an ATM five hundreds my limit.
Speaker 9: But she went to a whole bunch of ATMs.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter the limit said it.
Speaker 5: The bank went.
Speaker 22: Into the bank. Oh, she went into the bank to withdraw all the first ten thousand, got it, then went to an ATM and deposited it, and then went to a different bank inside it.
Speaker 5: And she didn't say anything to you now.
Speaker 9: The guy wouldn't let her off the phone. Richard tried to get a hold of her like twenty five times, but the scammer said, don't hang up, don't take that call. I'm trying to help you. Only have seconds left.
Speaker 5: While she's from the start to both banks. Yeah, when did you find wait? When did you find out?
Speaker 22: When she called me and I said, what are you doing? I have life three sixty and I started following her on where she was going, and I saw her going to these dicers.
Speaker 5: So when she called you though, hold on, she grabbed ten grand, deposited it, grabbed another ten, deposited it into the scammers whatever posited one?
Speaker 22: But then what thought joint deposited the one ten thousands?
Speaker 5: Okay, but then what then she calls you up and says, I just saved our asses? I mean, what did she say?
Speaker 22: I asked her, what are you doing? And did John? Didn't tell you how? I finally got her to call me in it?
Speaker 5: Hold on, Richard, I'm sorry, I've got to ask this for my own reasoning here.
Speaker 8: She called you up afterwards, right.
Speaker 22: Yes, and she says to you, I guess.
Speaker 5: Okay, fine, she called you back and says, what does she start explaining this stuff right off the bat exactly.
Speaker 22: She started explaining that there was a guy called her and said that there was a federal investigation at the bank and that your money was in jeopardy of being froze and you wouldn't be able to access any of it. So I want to help you. And this is exactly what he told her.
Speaker 5: Why I guess what is in her brain why she would go deposit it into another ATM? And then how did she do that in another atm? In other words, I can't just walk up to an ATM in deposit money in Bob Logan's account without having his debit card or something linked to his account, So how did she do that?
Speaker 22: So it was it was a it was a PNC bank, and all you had to do was have the pin number and you can put the money in there. So she had to do it in five thousand increments.
Speaker 8: So they gave her a pin number.
Speaker 5: You walk up, you walk up there, and you put in a pin number, and then all of a sudden, the machine will take money. Yep, Richard, that's a I've never heard of anything.
Speaker 9: I've always had to use my plastic card to even activate the ATA ever.
Speaker 5: Can I want to say something. It's not going to be popular, especially with you. First of all, if this actually happened, are you sure she didn't just take the money and give it to her boyfriend or something. And I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Richard. This seems like the most unbelievable thing ever. Are you sure she's not the one?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 22: Go ahead, Mark, listen, That exact same thing crossed my head this morning. I can't get this whole thing out of my damn head.
Speaker 5: And I want to talk to her. Wait a minute, I got to put you on hold. I want to talk to her. You know what, Kelly, if he wants help, Hell, if I can talk to her, I'll go down to the bank with them both. I'll go down to the bank with them both, and I'll do it, and I'll do it live on the air. Damn it. We'll do everything we can if this happened. I don't know if we can do anything, but I've got to talk to her. At this point, I got to see what I'm dealing with. Go with a sure thing.
Speaker 2: Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot Com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 2: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 8: You know this one is so unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to the guys uh around the table, and I might be the only one that thank you. This is so unbelievable. Then, and girl Mark, well, of course, but someone gets a phone call. Okay, Suzanne, if you got a phone call and they said, hey, uh, you know there's some kind of breach in the account, I need you to go with your aw ten grand and then deposited here.
Speaker 8: But what are you gonna do?
Speaker 10: I can't. I just would never fall for it. But it's crazy.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe. But then Dimitri's saying it happens. I'm not saying it doesn't happen all the time, generally with older people and there's something else going on, like dementia or something. But to me, this sounds absolutely crazy. And then not to call, not to call your husband, who's Richard. I guess that's the other part I don't get. If you did have any kind of question, and I'm asking my wife, who's next to me, wouldn't you at least call?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yes, for sure, Richard.
Speaker 5: Is this out a character for her? Or she's not that smart?
Speaker 22: Can I talk to you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Go ahead, man.
Speaker 22: All of the points, all of the points that you've you've been doing this for too long work, all of the points that you're just now bringing up, are exactly the parts that we're gonna go through. She's gonna go to the doctor and get tested for dementia. This Wednesday, I called actual fraud department, not the Fraudvuard department. I called the fraud department at Key Bank, and they told me, you know, we're getting this call more and more and more off.
Speaker 5: Well, we got one with a different ATM that I believe, one not long ago, Richard. But you know, honestly, I don't know about this one. I've got so many How old is your wife Richard sixty eight? Oh so it's.
Speaker 18: Possible Mark that there's some something going on there.
Speaker 9: By the way, these cameras are really great at taking psychological control if they're victims.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 9: This is what they do for a living.
Speaker 22: And they had her scared to death.
Speaker 9: These are these are super predators. Sues they'll take.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to diss I'm not trying to diss Richard, but there's people. How many times has he called Richard, I have you up? I'm not putting out twice, but Richard, what is your follow up today? What's the purpose of today's meeting at your bank?
Speaker 10: He was looking for words of encouragement.
Speaker 4: Dmitri gonna go.
Speaker 22: We're gonna go. That's exactly right, and we're gonna go clothed out our accounts because there are still FROs. We have to go meet with the banker at Key Bank today and I'm going to get the fraud department online. We filed the police report. I'm going to bring that in and have them who.
Speaker 5: Did you file a police.
Speaker 13: Report with with raw police?
Speaker 14: Okay?
Speaker 18: You know, look, man, you're probably not getting that money back.
Speaker 10: I mean, that was all your your wife's doing. The bank has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 5: But PNC or wherever she supposedly deposited it. They can at least figure out if that's true. In other words, did she actually deposit it or that was all bs?
Speaker 22: I have the ATM receipts, yes, I do so.
Speaker 5: Of the deposit, Yes, of the deposit in.
Speaker 8: The PNC bank, And does it have the account?
Speaker 22: You have an account here? And I said no, So.
Speaker 5: Richard can I'm sure they won't. But with the police report, have the cops ask them whose account that is?
Speaker 22: I would think they should.
Speaker 5: Yes, Well, I'm asking you. Have they You said you did a police report. You would think the first thing the police would do if they had to receive a.
Speaker 22: Police report, that's all they would let us do is online. I didn't do a police report in person, but that's a good question to ask them. Can they investigate who this person is?
Speaker 5: Well, if you did a police report, you would think they would do that.
Speaker 8: But you know, I don't know about a police mark.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter if it's I mean, trust me, I'm one of the biggest advocates of police, but they're so caught and picking busy with all these scams.
Speaker 8: Not just scams, I mean crime to thefts and.
Speaker 6: When we get our trucks broken into or anything that goes on or it it's real hard to get a follow up. And it doesn't mean they're not doing their job or doing the investigation. And again, I exactly I'm the biggest fans of the men and women in blue.
Speaker 5: But Mark, well, hold on now, I am putting you on hold for a second. But Bob, I am for the most part too. But when we're talking about Aurora, I do have some issues with Aurora. And I'm talking just about them, and I'm not talking the beat cops working everything, but man, their city council can't even put someone in there as a permanent head. I mean, it's the craziest thing ever. And once again I'm not blaming the people that the normal public deal with, but the administration and Aurora, they didn't even the damn Mayer came out and said there was nothing going on in these apartment complexes. Now that's not the police, the men in blue.
Speaker 6: But you know what I'm saying, I understand completely, But again, there as hard as they work, they're overwhelmed with all these things. They do what they can, but it's hard to get follow ups. Not because they don't want to give you the information, but because they haven't gotten the information, so they're probably I mean, this sounds like a fairly fresh case and so I'm sure they're working on it.
Speaker 7: But it's it's christ. I feel for Rid.
Speaker 5: I mean, as far as words have encouragement, and I'll go back to them in a minute. I want to ask you guys something you guys, do you believe it happened the way he's telling us? And I'm not asking you which way you think it happened. Here's what I'm asking you. First, you think, when I say the calls real meeting, this guy's literally missing twenty thousand dollars. Do you really think he's missing twenty thousand? First question? Second question is do you think the wife? If you do, think he has to the first answer, and he is missing the money, it was there, now it's not. Do you think the wife was involved? Dmitri, I believe Richard one hundred percent. Now I do have a correction though. I believe he's missing twelve thousand. Yeah, because he was able to put a stop to it while she still had another ten grand in cash. And uh, yeah, I believe it.
Speaker 9: I hear stories like this, that's amazing every day everybody.
Speaker 7: I believe Richard.
Speaker 5: And you know, do you think the wife's in cahoots with the bad guy?
Speaker 7: No, no, I don't.
Speaker 6: I think she's got just taken, and she got taken. And I think logical, intelligent people can get taken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not so, Rea Tens.
Speaker 7: They're professionals, and they play on your motions. They play on.
Speaker 15: At first I didn't, but then I started thinking back of all the other similar cases where people are putting taking money out of the bank and putting it in these ATM machines and getting taken. And I didn't know she was at sixty eight years old. And you're right, these people pray on elderly people. I do have some encouragement for Richard. I mean, forget the aurora of Denver police. They're just you know, street cops. They don't investigate crimes like this. This was a bank so it's a federal issue. He needs to call the FBI office in Denver. I have their number, and he needs to do that this afternoon and get an agent to start working the case, like what happened with the Hannah case a few weeks ago.
Speaker 8: I want to revisit that, but go ahead, shoes he.
Speaker 10: Mark, I think you're jumping the gun making this woman a villain. I think you're lacking compassion on this. She's sixty eight years old, and.
Speaker 18: Maybe I thought she he said sixty odd.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she could be confused. Something big could be going on with her.
Speaker 5: You don't know.
Speaker 18: I'm gone making her a villain right now?
Speaker 8: Uh, Dragon, Kelly, Yes, what do you think?
Speaker 5: I think he's authentic?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think unfortunately, I think she fell for a skill.
Speaker 8: God, it's so crazy, Dragon.
Speaker 23: I'm still on the fence of that. I don't think if she is not allowed to get off the phone and call her husband about this kind of thing, that just set off major red flags and alarm bells, going, Hey.
Speaker 5: Those are the little details I've been thinking about. So like, I just don't understand it happens unless she actually has an issue, a continent of issue. That possible. Now, going back to what you said, though, Bo, we know that case happened.
Speaker 8: Here's the frustrating part about it.
Speaker 14: Bob.
Speaker 5: Listen to this older guy goes in, takes out fifty right, forty or fifty forty thousand dollars? Okay, goes to a bitcoin ATM and a liquor store and Deputy Scott, Deputy Dollar actually went out to the liquor store, got his pictures of everything, the whole bit and what you do there is you scan a barcode and then you deposit to cash and that's it. I mean, your money's gone basically at that point, or at least once the cash machine's empty, and even prior to that. I don't think you'd get it back. I mean, I don't know how that would work. But it was too late. Any I was daughter called in. We had an FBI agent ready to dig into it, literally ready to dig into it, and the caller went dark.
Speaker 15: She went dark. We tried one dark, called on the air twice for her to come back. She may have got some positive results with you. I don't think getting the money back, but to investigate it, to try to put a stop to all of the scamming going on. And they were interested in.
Speaker 5: The FBI parts. Great Richard, I think what happened and says, you go down. You do everything at the bank today. Figure out what you can with that receipt. You have the account number, no matter what, you got an account number where that money went and you know, if the FBI gets involved, or even Aurora or the DA's office gets involved, they're going to be able to petition the bank to get that number.
Speaker 8: In fact, they'll probably just give it to them.
Speaker 5: I don't think there has to be anything besides the police officer asking you know whose account this is, and then you go from there.
Speaker 8: But if everything is what you're saying it.
Speaker 5: Is or what you think it is, I should say, and the money really was deposited into that account, my guess is the owner of that account. As quick as that money went in, it went out and it's not even in.
Speaker 8: The country anymore. But at least there's something there.
Speaker 22: So right, You've nailed every single thing that I've been thinking of. Mark. I've been listening to to the Tom Martino Show forever since he started back to John.
Speaker 5: See, this is why he just like made me think again, Like I don't even know what to say. I mean, Dragon, you heard that. Do you know what I'm saying here without saying it?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what is that? I know people are listening out there. I want to hear from other people listen. I understand that I get things wrong, but I'll tell you what I just this one's.
Speaker 8: A little nuts to me. I don't understand it.
Speaker 5: I don't understand it, Richard, give us a follow up later on, or we can do it tomorrow live on the air so people can.
Speaker 8: Hear what Key Bank said. I would love to know.
Speaker 5: Meantime, we're going to get you the number in the information for our contact at the FBI.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Hey, Joe, Joe's got a question on serving interrogatories. Joe, I promise I'm gonna get you first after the break. In fact, maybe I can even help you serve them. I've served a lot of people for a lot of callers, but I wanted to talk about from the top to the bottom. And we're talking a little. I'm talking to Bob Logan with plumb Line services, so to increase productivity.
Speaker 8: This has nothing to do with plumbline.
Speaker 5: I talk about you in plumbline because I know all the employees you have, how big the company is, and you are at the home of the company. You run the company day to day operations and in long term, right, I mean you you not only ownership, but you run the company.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 5: Now, would you say, is it better to get or try to get eight percent more productivity out of every employer or five percent? Take your number however you want to call it, out of every employee, or is it better to try to go after the ones that are only producing the lowest amount, the bottom fifty percent of your productivity people to get them to come up, say thirty forty percent. I don't want you to answer that now, we'll do it after the break. Do you get the question, though.
Speaker 7: I believe so? Yes?
Speaker 5: Which way do you get more productivity out of the company by getting everybody up eight percent or by getting I'll call them the bottom feeders. That's a horrible word, but anyhow, those people up thirty forty percent.
Speaker 8: I'll be curious on what you think about that.
Speaker 2: After this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excelroofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 2: Contenthave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped News. You need that so you don't have to come run anxious.
Speaker 21: As fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Show Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This.
Speaker 19: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Welcome.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the only show if it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, try to make your life just a little bit better in studio with me Bob Logan, the owner of Plumbline Services. Of course, my beautiful wife Suzanne's here. We got dragon now on the other side of the window, Kelly answering the phones. Deputy Dmitri helping solve problems, answer questions, and Deputy Bo just got up and went somewhere. But he's in studio with us too. So the bottom line is, you got a problem, we want to hear from you. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three oho three Martino. By the way, that number works on and off the air, you can call it anytime. If we don't answer, we'll get back to you. I promise now. I wanted to go to back to Bob Logan, Bob, I want to ask you this man. So we're talking any company, not just plumbline, but one of the biggest problems with any company, and the bigger the company, the harder is productivity. A good example of this a lot of tech companies like Google and Microsoft.
Speaker 8: During the pandemic, they went remote.
Speaker 5: A lot of these companies finally realized that productivity went down so much it's crazy, and they got to bring them back.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's one way of upping productivity.
Speaker 5: You have daily meetings, or everybody gathers in one place like an office, you have management around them. That's a normal way of productivity. But looking at a company and whole trying to bring up productivity, say five or six percent. Would you agree if you could bring up every employee five or six percent bottom line wise, customer service wise, everything wise, that's a great thing. It's magnificent, a magnificent thing. Yes, that's a massive amount of productivity correct across the big company. Now, what do you think would be better bringing up five percent from everybody or going to what i'll call the bottom feeders, the top or the lowest fifty percent of productivity on your scale and bringing them up thirty or forty percent?
Speaker 6: What just give you your gut reaction to that. Sure, it's such a complex question. However, here's here's my thoughts on that. To say you're going to bring up everybody five or six percent or whatever that number is. If if that is your goal, then chances are your systems and your processes are broken because the people at the top are given everything they possibly can within the systems and process you've developed in the culture.
Speaker 8: Not only that, that's one I agree with you one.
Speaker 6: Keep now the now. So So I think if your systems of processes, let's hypothetically say they're perfect, which they never are, but if they are you can't bring up the whole company because the reasons I just stated. So you try to bring up the people at the bottom thirty or forty percent or whatever those numbers are, and you've got to ask yourself, do they do they want it? Do they have the ability they get there? Do they get it right? If they If they have those things, then it's probably just a matter of coaching and training and spending time with them to increase the productivity.
Speaker 7: And you can get another thirty, forty fifty percent of sect.
Speaker 6: And if they don't, you replace they don't you replace them with somebody that does. So everybody starts at different levels, and just because they are not productive doesn't mean they cannot be productive. And so you just have to identify are they the right person for the culture? Do they have the work ethic? Do they have everything we're looking for? In that case, I'm going to invest my time and money into making sure that that person is successful, because if I can help them succeed, then the company succeeds. But if they don't get it, they don't want it, they don't have the capability.
Speaker 7: To do it.
Speaker 5: Time to find another gut, time to find another person. So the interesting part is someone No one's ever going to give one hundred percent one hundred percent of the time. It's impossible. We're humans, right, So you know, like in retail, when you come up Thanksgiving to Christmas, that's where you go nuts. I mean really, that's where you make your money. These big superstores, that's where they that's where they make their money. So people work harder then, I mean they simply do. You can't work at that type of efficiency all the time. You'll burn out. I mean, you just can't do it. Problem with asking everybody to come up five percent, my son actually shared this with me. Let's say you're a super hard worker like you are, but I want a little more out of you, and I saw you in December and Dan, but I know you can give me a little more because I seen you do it. But on average you're running eighty percent, which I say is unbelievable for anybody. The problem with trying to get up everybody that now you're running at eighty five percent and you're looking at this guy that's only running now instead of forty percent. At forty five eventually that's going to really irritate you because you're still doing double the job.
Speaker 8: The other person's doing exactly.
Speaker 5: So you have to bring up the bottom feeders because if you don't and you expect more out of the people that already produce, what's.
Speaker 8: Gonna ultimately happen with them?
Speaker 7: They're gonna leave.
Speaker 6: They're gonna leave. It's kind of like the goose and the Golden egg, right. You're looking at those top producers and they're the goose land the golden eggs, and you try to get more and more out of them to where you end up killing them.
Speaker 5: And you end up killing them.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right metaphorically speaking, No.
Speaker 5: I mean, but it's really it's really insane looking at it that way. And when you think of plumb Line once the are you guys the largest in the state?
Speaker 7: We are?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, I mean, you guys are the biggest service company in the state. You have a lot of employees. What would you say on average?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 5: And if you don't want to answer this stuff, you don't have to, but you know me enough, I throw this stuff out.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think this is good information for people.
Speaker 5: What kind of rate would you say as industry standard compared to Plumbline when it comes to turnover? And I'm not talking seasoned technicians. I'm talking of newer people, because you guys will take new people. In fact, we had a neighbor kid worked for you guys for a while and that didn't work out. I'm not going to get into who or anything, but I mean I understand what happened. I mean, it just wasn't what it is. How many people after a year and you've invested with them, whether you don't want them around anymore, or whether they leave and do something else the higher practices, What is your turnover in that first year compared to what you would say is industry standard. Does Plumbline do a better a better job of vetting?
Speaker 6: I believe we do, but that hasn't always been the case. So we do a better job vetting. And then once we've once I've gone through the vetting process and we make a commitment to this person, we set the expectations. You know, you're with the major leagues. Now, we're not a handyman company, and we're not going to accept mediocrity.
Speaker 7: We expect excellence.
Speaker 6: And if they understand those expectations, then we've revamped our entire training and onboarding process constantly, constantly, but over the last several years, I mean it's we invest a lot of time and money in our new employees.
Speaker 5: So when you take on a new guy, let's say some kid out there are some parent right now that's got a kid coming out he's not going to be going to college, doesn't want to, or minimum is going to wait a couple of years once to get a job, wants to talk about getting into something like plumbline.
Speaker 8: I mean, how does how does that look?
Speaker 5: You take let's say a kid just coming out with his high school diploma, and you sit down with them, you guys, interview with them. What does that look like for him? I mean, like seriously, like starting dollars. I don't know how much you want to talk.
Speaker 6: About, but typically it's pretty rare for us to take somebody right out of high school.
Speaker 7: And I'll tell you why.
Speaker 6: I mean, but the majority of our apprentices have have either gone through college and decided that wasn't their thing, or they've had other careers. I mean, we've got people who have been chefs. I mean, I can name all sorts of people, but typically in their you know, mid late twenties, early thirties, these are people that want to reinvent themselves. And these are our apprentices, got it, somebody out of high school that the challenge with that is they don't know anything. Well, it's it's mainly their youth. So even if we spend the next four or five years and get them licensed, you know, you're trusting somebody with fifteen twenty thousand dollars on a new furnace and air conditioning system.
Speaker 7: And you've got somebody who looks.
Speaker 6: Like they're a kid, yeah, telling you that they're an expert, and they may very well be an expert, but they're gonna struggle perception. Perception becomes a customer's reality, and they're going to struggle. And so so typically we look for people who are a little bit more on the tour side. I always suggest to people coming out of high school of colleges and your thing, get into new construction. You're going to get a lot of hands on experience, a lot of it, a lot yes. And then once you get that hands on experience, come to come back to us. We'll help you get your licensing, will teach you the service side of the business.
Speaker 5: Plus not only not only going back to the equipment they're dealing with in the perception of the customer. You know, here's a nineteen year old whatever. But the other thing is, over that four or five years, a lot of people just coming out of high school, they're going to change what they want to do. I mean, that's just the nature of being that age. Sure, I don't know many people. I mean my son would be one who's basically had the same thing from sixteen. But in general that just doesn't happen. You change. But the money you invest in that person over four or five years is massive. I mean four or five years in training and certifications and whatever you guys do, I would assume is tens or twenty or fifty thousand dollars, if not more. If you look at the training side, people spending time with them, it's just crazy amounts of money.
Speaker 6: And then you add in the payroll because we're paying them along the way, it's well over one hundred thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, easily. And then they turn around and go, I don't like home services anymore. I think I'm going to go be a cook or a chef. And you're like, my god, I just laid all that money, and.
Speaker 7: That certainly happens.
Speaker 6: I'd rather invest in them and train them and give the best customer service experience we can.
Speaker 7: And if they leave, they leave.
Speaker 6: You know, I would love to see everybody stay at plumb Line for their entire care. But that's naive to think that that's going to happen.
Speaker 5: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five Joe, what is going on?
Speaker 8: What is your question? And Joe, I mean this man, thank you for holding.
Speaker 17: Sure? Is there a standard? How many times been a process server attempt to deliver an interrogatory? Well?
Speaker 8: Are you talking like a sheriff's office.
Speaker 17: No, I'm talking about a personal just a personal process server.
Speaker 5: There really is no address.
Speaker 8: There really is no standard.
Speaker 5: I mean, if I was going out and trying to serve somebody, I mean I would most likely try to find him and serve him if I.
Speaker 10: Knew were there a certain amount of time?
Speaker 21: Right?
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 8: Oh, if you're are you talking about clock time?
Speaker 17: I'm talking about do they make one attempt at the address?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: See that's what I thought he was saying. No, I No, that's all in who you hire, man. I mean, like the sheriff might charge you or visit out there. So it's not like if the sheriff shows up or if somebody you hired a process service shows up and they're not there. It's not like you don't pay them until they actually get served, although you might make a deal with someone like that, but there is no amount of times. I mean, that's all up to the person you hired.
Speaker 9: It's something that I don't.
Speaker 17: Have proof that they even showed up.
Speaker 9: Well, the service that you hire will tell you how many attempts their personnel will make it service, and then the proof is called affidavit of service, so they succeed in serving the defense.
Speaker 5: No, no, no. What he's saying though, is how does how do they prove to him they even attempted to serve?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, there's no way for you to know. You just need to see if you feel like the people you're dealing with or straight with you, or if they're kind of shady.
Speaker 17: All right, I think I got scammed because I got nothing, that got no email.
Speaker 8: Who are you trying to certain, Joe, give us a little more than this?
Speaker 5: Who are trying to serve?
Speaker 9: Let's hear about the scam too. This is fascinating.
Speaker 24: Well, I ripped off from a guy with a hot tub company, and I've called you numerous times about the guy. This is a neighbor guy people off, Yes, and he's still ripping people off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but does he still live in the neighborhood. How do you know where he's at?
Speaker 17: I just found out today and I drove to the location and his cars there and I watched him walk across the parking lot.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second, do I owe you a break? All right? Hold on, man, I've got an idea. You might really yeah, you might really like.
Speaker 9: Hold tight.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com. List your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right three three seven one three A two five five. Joe had a question about serving interrogatories. I'm going to go back to him in a second. I do want to tell you though about one Clear Choice garage doors man, if you still have that old chain driven garage door opener that's noisy. When we lived in Red Hawk in Castle Rock, every time that garage would open because our bedroom was over it. Oh my god, it was so loud. Do you guys ever have one of those garage door openers with the chain man? When I had one Clear Choice garages out, they replaced it. Back then it was only like three hundred bucks. Now I think it's under quarter bucks. That was the labor Everything brand new, but it was belt driven. Couldn't hear it anymore, wouldn't wake you up, dogs wouldn't start barking. God, I love those guys. But any problem with the garage door or maybe you need new garage doores. Maybe you're upgrading that house. You got new sighting, new windows, you want a beautiful new door. One Clear Choice Doors dot com. Chappie's owner, great guy. We've been talking about him for god ever in the day. He's just absolutely great. Okay, I was talking to Bob, and then I'm gonna go back to the interrogatory's question and then we have another call. Three L three seven one three A two five five with the bathroom sink backing up. But during the break we were talking about ninety three or free, and we're gonna see what her question is. But ninety three or free, Susanna and I actually used plumbline for it. They came out, they are are sink, just stop working our kitchen sink. The water would just back up. I mean it went from a slow drain, which I think a lot of people do the same mistake we did. It was slow, got a little slower, like it's gonna get better on itself, right right, like it's just gonna fix itself. And then all of a sudden problem problem, and you guys came out out. You spent about an hour, hour and a half doing whatever, put the booties on, laid out everything, protected everything. It's pretty cool. And sure enough they cleaned it. They said it was just basically food grease over time. I mean that wasn't a common Yeah, it wasn't like a sock or anything strange or a chicken bone. It was literally just grease building up over whatever amount of years. And you guys cleared it. I paid ninety three bucks. I was so happy. I think I called Joe, you know, when I schedule with you guys, we just called the regular number and schedule it. But sure enough, I was like, I'll be damn ninety three bucks. You're going to go out of business soon, sir. There's no way you can do that for ninety three bucks. But anyhow, But then I asked you over break, I said, thinking about that, And I looked at Temetri and he had that same look. He's like, yeah, that's a good question, Mark, and Bo was looking at me too, and Susan They're like, yeah, that's a great question. I said, what's the strangest thing that your guys have ever found? And say, a toilet or a sick And I started thinking when our kids were little. I remember my g I Joe floating around our toilet. It didn't go down, but I can imagine all the things little kids put down there. But that's not the stuff I'm talking about, Bob. We've all people that have had little kids, have all dealt with that. I'm talking about different things, the weirdo adult I'm talking the weirdo stuff. What's the strangest thing you guys at Plumbline that you know of at least have pulled out of some form of drained.
Speaker 10: Dear, do we want to know?
Speaker 5: I have no idea mark now way, Bob, Wait a second, No.
Speaker 6: There was an instance, Oh it's probably been six or seven years where a small handgun was pulled out of a toilet.
Speaker 10: Now that is strange.
Speaker 5: A gun, yes, Oh my god, I can't even imagine a gun in there. But I'm going to push a little harder.
Speaker 8: Nope, I'm going to just push a little harder.
Speaker 6: We'll let the We'll let your listeners use their imagination.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about the time you've seen it all like possibly a pair of pants.
Speaker 7: Anything you can possibly think the.
Speaker 5: Size or the girlfriend's size, and it creates an issue. Something I'm looking for, the juicy, the insider look and what people flush down the toy.
Speaker 9: You can tell us just what it rhymes with.
Speaker 18: Bob's keeping it classy today and every day?
Speaker 5: What would it rhyme with? You know what?
Speaker 6: I dropped my knees and said my prayers before I came in here. I said, please, don't let them influence.
Speaker 14: Bob was a battery operated, not.
Speaker 7: Let them influence me. You got three colors on the line.
Speaker 5: Wait, I don't think i've ever seen Bob blush. I, this is a new one. Remember every time he's dragging, can you Kelly write down in the note Susan make sure every time he's in we go back to that same question for the rest of his ploor life. Kim, what is going on with this? Saint Joe? Hold on still Joe or Kim? What's going on?
Speaker 21: Hi?
Speaker 25: So I moved into my townhouse two years ago and everything was fine up until a couple of months ago. I started noticing my master bathroom think backing up. Well, what it came down to was, this is kind of weird, is that it would back up if it was under hot water but not cold water. So I started using the bioclean.
Speaker 5: Why would that have? U?
Speaker 25: Yeah, I don't know us.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on just that within itself, straight, Kim, hold on one second, just that within itself, Bob, and of course, uh, Deputy Bow you were in the business. What what is that? Possibly hot water drains but cold water doesn't or did I have that re Kim?
Speaker 25: No, how water does not drink cold water does?
Speaker 5: How is that possible?
Speaker 15: It seems impossible because it's only one pipe for the hot and the cold water.
Speaker 8: Unless there was But I've never seen that.
Speaker 6: Unless there's a different pressure. You know, if they got single or single handles for each different pressure coming out of the hot good.
Speaker 25: No, no, no, I would say it's the same.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, finish what you were going to say before Mark so rudely interrupted.
Speaker 25: So I worked for a plumbing company years ago up in Canada, and so I know about the stuff you can put down. Well, I couldn't find mine from Canada, so I bought them off of Amazon, which is that bioclane. I used it for five days straight. Last night was the fifth day and it's still doing the same thing. This was a rental before I bought it. So I mean that's all I know.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, so again I'm at a loss as to why it would back up with hot water.
Speaker 5: And well, I don't even think I'm gonna put her on old. I got to take a break, but I don't even think it matters. And you'll understand what I'm saying when we come back from this break. But I mean, once again, the ninety three.
Speaker 6: It's she said it's an apartment of condo. I believe service commercials.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna I'm gonna bring that up.
Speaker 5: I'm going to bring that up as well, after this break, and Joe and Jay hold on and we'll let we'll let Bob kind of think about her question. I've just never heard anything like it man, ever.
Speaker 2: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one. Help You'll think I think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: All right, three three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by Wave eight. That's Tom, that's Tom Martinez. He decided to start his own investment company, UH Investment Advisory Firm. I'll tell you why he did it too. And I've known Tom My god almost thirty years now. He got sick and tired. You know, Tom makes a lot of money, he really does. I mean, what else can I say? He's he's grown his wealth over forty fifty years, not just in media, but in property, in a million other ways. But what's really remarkable is he got sick and tired of paying what he refers to as a middleman. Most, not all, but most financial advisors are nothing but a little man. They take your money, they take a commission on it, and then they pass it off to someone that is actually the investment broker. When you deal with Wave eight, guess who you're dealing with. Well, not, of course, you're dealing with Tom, but on top of that, you're dealing with Wave eight, you're dealing with the actual investment company. There is no middleman. He's basically changing the way people are looking at investing. He's one hundred percent committed to helping others and that's what he's done his entire career. So I'm going to give you the phone number. It's real easy to remember, but call up, ask the questions. I mean, this is a real deal. Three oh three seven seven to one help. I love that. Three oh three seven seven to one help. Or you can check him out at invest with Martino. That's invest with Martino dot com now three O three seven one, three, eight, two, five five. If we're going to go back to Kim, Kim's got a very strange question. Well, she's got a strange issue. Basically, in a pret ticular sink. It's only one sink, right, Kim, the hot water will go down, but the cold water won't, vice versa vice versa reverse. I mean, what do you do on something like this, Bob? Honestly, and I'm not I say this not jokingly. Would ninety three or free come in here?
Speaker 7: Well, normally, but again, we don't do condominiums or apartments, townhomes.
Speaker 5: Let's let's I'll get into that in a second, but let's forget about that. If she wasn't in a townhomer.
Speaker 6: Cond ninety three or free, any drain it's for any reason, you don't any reason.
Speaker 7: Ninety three dollars we're going to get it cleared.
Speaker 5: Running again, or it's free. If we can't, it's free. Yeah, you can't beat them now. And it's not just plumb Line, Kim. I swear I get this call all the time. I called up plumb Line, I called up fix It, I called up eight eight eight, I called up Applewood, and they won't come to my place. Apartments, I understand one hundred percent they don't own them. Town homes, I can understand why you guys don't do it. So ultimately the question is who should she call? But I want to explain why a lot of these companies don't do it. A lot of the plumbing in a condo or a town home is shared with other people. You know, if you need to turn the water off, you might not even be able to get to word to turn the water off.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: And so for town homes, if it's a if it's a single story, you got nobody above or below, we'll service it. But that's typically not the case in condos and apartments. And so to your point, there's shared plumbing, there's shared lines. Drain lines are the same way. Sometimes you'll be snaking a line in one one apartment and your snake will end up in the other apartment and you don't even realize.
Speaker 5: It, or it gets stuck in the other side. That happens, and there's a problem.
Speaker 25: Go ahead, Kim, Well, I'm in a townhouse and I'm the dy in it. I am above and below. I have nobody but one one side of me.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 5: But you guys still won't do that, will We'll take care of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, if you have anybody above below.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh well there you go. Ninety three bucks are going to come out. Okay, So here's how it's going to go. No matter what, if it's everything she says and one's draining or not, you're going to figure out what the actual problem is because it's probably not the drain, right.
Speaker 6: Uh, it doesn't sound like it. I mean, if it's if it's the hot water won't drain and the cold water will, that just doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 7: But one of our plumbers will figure that out.
Speaker 6: They'll figure it out, right, But starting with the with the drain, getting them out there, getting them to clear that because if there's something, there's something that's causing it to back up. And so, Kim, it was so first of all.
Speaker 5: It was so cool. Issues when they came out to my house. I'm telling you, I didn't know what to expect. The last thing, no offense, Bob. The last thing I expected was to pay ninety three bucks and not have a problem. And that's exactly what happened. So Kim, I would call them out, just go to plumbline Services dot Com.
Speaker 14: I have an idea what it is.
Speaker 5: Oh oh wait, wait wait, or.
Speaker 14: It's the hot water. When you open up the hot water fauce, it's not draining right, it.
Speaker 25: Goes and then eventually it starts to back up.
Speaker 15: You know what I think it is. I think you may have a sponge or something in the drain, and when the hot water hits this object, it expands because of the heat of.
Speaker 9: The hot water.
Speaker 5: WHOA.
Speaker 15: So I believe it's just a drain issue because you only have one drain for the hot and the cold.
Speaker 14: So whatever your hot water, your hot water.
Speaker 15: Is causing the obstruction to expand to the point where it's backing up. And I bet it's a sponge.
Speaker 25: I was thinking it was something that was the hot water made it expand that's what I was thinking that.
Speaker 5: But if that's the case, bo, and that sounds very logical, then the ninety three bucks would fix it. Would go ahead?
Speaker 10: Line two has a comment on your can.
Speaker 5: Hold on one second? Man? I bow, that was ingenious, Jay, go ahead. What's your comment on kim issue?
Speaker 12: Hi, brothers. In my million years of this stuff, I've seen this. It's crazy. You know what it is? No it's probably a vessel sink just for starters, but it may not be well.
Speaker 5: Hold on, that's easy enough to ask. Is it a vessel sink? Kim above Uh negative, So it's a sunk in sink. So that's not it, Yah, keep going their.
Speaker 12: Vessel sinks get it the most often. What it is It doesn't vent well. You see it in sinks that don't have the overflow. You see it in vessel sincs. You'll see it in syncs. They're not venting well. And when the get the hot water in there, the heat creates a little bit of an air pocket and some air pressure, and the hotter it gets, the more difficult time it has venting and draining. And you can test it pretty easy.
Speaker 5: So that's a design issue basically.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you need to get it vented much better.
Speaker 5: Okay, now, hey, so just off that real quick.
Speaker 25: My sink is all one like I.
Speaker 21: Got it from Lows.
Speaker 25: It's all one one key.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it is funkend, but it's it's.
Speaker 5: Not above the no no, no, no, no, no, we get it. I understand what Jay's saying.
Speaker 12: If it has an overflow and you get one of those little kind of rectail cleaner outer things and poke the heck out of it and clean the overflow. It may solve it for you because it'll create event for you, but that is the problem. It's not venting well. It creates tension inside.
Speaker 5: And that's the reason it's hot water though, too, because it creates that pocket. You were saying, Yeah, well, there's a couple of different things you could be, Kim, but I'd go back to what I said. I'd call a plumb line, and for ninety three bucks you're going to figure out what it is and fix it for the ninety three or else you're not going to have to pay them anything. In that case, let's say it's something crazy like the plumber didn't install the sink properly. I'm just totally making stuff up here. You guys would have to reroute the drain line. Of course, that's not ninety three bucks. But what you would do is give her an estimate right then and there on fixing it, and she would either fix it or she would say no, I'm not going to do it, and then she doesn't know you anything.
Speaker 7: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Anytime we get out to a home, we want to give the client as many options as possible. So, especially in a case like that, if we couldn't clear it, then the next step is, well, let's figure out what the issue it truly is and give her some options to fix it. But Jay is probably exactly right. And as you know, I'm not a technician, I'm not a licensed plumber. Yeah, but that makes perfect sense.
Speaker 5: Even though he his pants are always halfway down.
Speaker 7: So Jay, thank you for the call. Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, appreciate that.
Speaker 9: Jay.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kim, I appreciate that as well. We got to take a break. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five. By the way, seriously, plumb line services, Bob logan that ninety three are free. But then talking really quick, Bob, your HVAC deal right now is crazy. During the show, we've had people call up saying they bought them. But you buy the furnace, you get the AC freed. Or I have a reverse opposite.
Speaker 7: If you buy an air conditioner, you get a matching furnace for free. So free. You know, a.
Speaker 6: Budget unit, it could be a high efficiency unit, nath WiFi, whatever you want, whatever air conditioning system you buy, we'll give you the furnace for free.
Speaker 5: If people call up, can you tell them if there's rebates on high efficiency stuff too in their area.
Speaker 7: They are technicians or the or the design consultans that go to your home can share all that information. They have all that on the on the phone. They're not gonna be able to answer that.
Speaker 8: Okay, well fair enough, that's kind of what I meant when they go out. And then if people do just want to.
Speaker 6: Shout and there are some excellent rebates right now, some big, big rebates, So now is actually a great time to do it, because in addition to the free furnace.
Speaker 7: You get all the all the great rebates.
Speaker 5: Ah, these guys are great. I've used plumb Line numerous times. Plumb Line Services dot Com three oh three five eight six, ten eighty six three zero three five eight six ten eighty six