Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. And then there are companies out there that humanely catch coyotes and release them into poor neighborhoods. Maybe that's maybe that's what happens.
Speaker 2: And the wealthy people can to afford those folks.
Speaker 3: That's why KONO doesn't go and do I know?
Speaker 2: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, good morning, everybody. Handle here.
Speaker 1: It is a Wednesday home Day, March fifth.
Speaker 2: And of course yesterday was spectacular.
Speaker 3: Last night I.
Speaker 1: Said we're gonna have an entertainment, entertainment with a capital eat and oh we got that. And of course I'll talk more about the Trump speech coming up at seven.
Speaker 2: The gift that keeps on giving, keeps on giving. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: And I want to make a point here is that And this has to do with KFI. During the Biden administration, this was the worst television, the worst radio station in the United States. Since January twentieth, we have become the best radio station in.
Speaker 2: The United States.
Speaker 3: Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, okay, sounds made up.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, not at all. Okay, this thing is the microphone again. Can you be favoring tighten this microphone, Neil, I can't tighten on my right arm.
Speaker 2: You making a different excuse every time. No, no, my right arm.
Speaker 1: This time, I was flipping one of my world famous, world famous which got much better January twentieth, world famous meat loafs. And I was cooking it on the grill and flipping it over, which you can do on the grill.
Speaker 3: And who told you not to?
Speaker 2: You did, but it was but it was made. It turned out beautifully.
Speaker 5: But yeah, and you hurt yourself. God was judging. Oh yeah, meatloaf like a burger. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: And I flipped it over and it was way too heavy to do, so I put my arm in a sling, okay, or it's good morning. I just said good morning, Neil just said hello and good morning, good morning, good morning, and there's cono good morning. I know it's my arm, it's my arm. I have to get The meat loaf was great, by the way, I make a dynamite meatloaf and uh amy, good morning, Hi Bill, and will there you are, good morning, good morning, and.
Speaker 3: Some heavy meatloaf.
Speaker 2: Uh it was a two pounder.
Speaker 1: Only it was too But if you take a spatul, a big one and stretch your arm out and flip two pounds, man, holy moly, my arm hurts.
Speaker 2: I can't lift anything. Uh, okay, what happened yesterday?
Speaker 1: I had lunch at Stonefire, absolutely terrific, and she got a gift card. You know, we got gift cards, or we will get gift cards, and so she had. I gave her a gift card. So we go in there there's zero on the gift card.
Speaker 2: Zero.
Speaker 3: How'd that happened?
Speaker 2: You got me on that one?
Speaker 1: And I talked to the manager, Matt, who is a terrific guy, and he.
Speaker 2: We're laughing, and he said, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: I'll honor the gift card because something was not kosher, even though they don't keep kosher.
Speaker 2: Something was not kosher in Denmark.
Speaker 3: Whether you put it next to a magnet or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just showed zero. It's for some reason. And uh, and you know their their food is spectacular. You know they have the pushed pig sandwich. It was is just spectacular. Are you doing okay?
Speaker 3: Money wise? You all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Did you forget you used it like you used it already.
Speaker 1: No, no, absolutely not. It was still in the envelope. Oh no, no, no, there's there was something wrong.
Speaker 5: You know, especially for the quality of food. There's very reasonable price. Yeah, there's no question about it. You couldn't three of us open up your wallet?
Speaker 2: No, and of course not three of us thirty seven bucks for lunch?
Speaker 3: And so are you joking me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Serious, that's what it was. Because they have lunch specials.
Speaker 5: And I told you that three sandwiches three foot log that subway the other day cost me forty four bucks.
Speaker 1: This was a pulled pork sandwich with a salad or and I had a try tip with their tortilla soup.
Speaker 6: Yum.
Speaker 1: And I lunch with Marjorie and the kids yesterday and I don't know what the hell she had some salad something like rabbits eat. I have no idea, but it was really inexpensive.
Speaker 2: It was very good.
Speaker 3: Do you make Marjorie pay for herself? Now?
Speaker 2: Yes? Okay? What else? What else? What else? Talk about something today? And forgot what it was?
Speaker 3: Was it Trump?
Speaker 2: Well? No, no change a little bit.
Speaker 1: No, No, I was a given, you know, I'm told not to push, you know, leave Trump alone because obviously, I mean, come on, my bias is showing. I try to be as even steven as I possibly can.
Speaker 2: I really do try, but.
Speaker 1: I haven't picked up on it. Yeah, what can must be subtle? What can I tell you? I mean, is stuff going to pan out?
Speaker 2: Very well? Might? Very well might?
Speaker 1: Egg price is Joe Biden's fault. They've doubled since January twentieth. Immigration. Yeah, twenty one million murders have come over for mental institutions and jails. Okay during Biden administration. Do you notice that he was more obsessed with Biden than I have ever heard him. Half the speech was Joe Biden. I thought it was a stunner and it was. And by the way, surprisingly enough, it was a very short speech at an hour.
Speaker 5: Forty Yeah, but the entertainment value made it feel like only about thirty five minutes.
Speaker 2: It did? It really did.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we've got lots to cover today, to say the least or to say the most, and.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: It's time for Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me Lead Storry.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: I said the speech last night was going to be entertaining. It outdid itself. It was terrific. There was al Green Congressman Democratic got thrown out.
Speaker 2: Cain and all.
Speaker 1: It's just people were screaming and heckling, and I mean all of it.
Speaker 5: We're finally becoming like the government's overseas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we watched forever. I mean you could see.
Speaker 1: I mean there it was screaming if you're looking from the podium, screaming and jumping up and down and chanting from the Republicans and the Democrats either heckling or sitting on their hands or holding up sign Liar.
Speaker 2: January sixth, I mean it was I.
Speaker 5: Love that nobody can clap for good things anymore that we all agree on now, just because of the mouth that came out, even.
Speaker 1: To the point where, you know, Trump points out a kid who survives this cancer horrible, cancer, horrible, and he makes this kid an honorary Secret serviceman because the kid was in a uniformer always wanted to be a cop. And Trump announced, well today you're an honorary Secret Service person. And the head of the Secret Service goes out and pins him a badge.
Speaker 2: The Democrats didn't stand up in a pond.
Speaker 3: Yeah, That's what I don't understand.
Speaker 2: It's like it made no sense for them not to.
Speaker 1: And how about the two uh, the the women who lost their daughters, uh, you know by immigrants, the illegal immigrants. The girls were were brutally murdered. One had a bill named after her. What's uh Briley Aiken?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 1: Or Blake and Riley I know something one of those. And then the other gal had it was a declaration.
Speaker 6: Of they named a wildlife refuge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was which is And no one applauded on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then the poor and then the guy who wanted to go to West Point.
Speaker 6: That was a cool moment.
Speaker 2: That was a cool moment.
Speaker 1: And he said yeah, he said, I just want to tell you you have an appointment to West Point.
Speaker 2: And the kid was just flabbergasted.
Speaker 6: His dad was an Ella County sheriffs.
Speaker 2: I mean just you know. And the Democrats didn't applaud that one.
Speaker 1: And and when you had a budding entrepreneur you know who was in the audience, and Trump said, and the government has just issued you a Jack in the box franchise, and everybody went.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was Oprah lest you get a little something to everybody, he.
Speaker 1: Was you and you and you, it was you get a party, You get a party. He spent more time pointing out people in the audience.
Speaker 2: He went, anybody, anybody else, I've never heard it.
Speaker 6: You don't you think I think they always do that. It's just a show.
Speaker 2: No, not like that, not in those numbers for one thing. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then interrupting the speech he does, he interrupts his speech with all of these dramatics. No, they do do that started by Ronald Reagan, by the way, great move. I mean, it was brilliant move at that time because it just humanizes the speech, usually in the State of the Union address, and it was, you know, it was.
Speaker 2: Just insane. I just feel opposite. I'm like, I don't care, get to what's happening. Our world is que You can't screw him, I know. Point honestly, I love the Pocahonta moment.
Speaker 1: That's it. And she was laughing. Elizabeth Warren was laughing. She's on her cell phone the whole time. A lot of Democrats were, and they were actually fact checking what Trump was saying.
Speaker 2: And of course you know why why yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know what he's going to say and she and she actually laughed when he pointed out Pocahontas and it was hilarious. And he points to the Democrats and he said, and you guys ruined America.
Speaker 2: I mean, straight out, and.
Speaker 1: He pointed out how great his administration was and announcing last night it was his administration that finally broke the case of the kidnapping and death of the Limberg Maybe they did it.
Speaker 5: I will tell you that it is refreshing to see somebody who has zero politics. He's just like, I'm going to say what I'm gonna say. I'm not going to worry about who likes it, who I love. I thought it was terrific. I thought it was going to be a retaining and it was okay.
Speaker 6: Well, Al Green got the boot.
Speaker 7: The representative from Texas stood up just a couple of minutes into Trump's speech last night to the Joint Session of Congress and started yelling and said that you have no mandate to cut medicaid. And they said, hey, order will be restored. And he said, you have no mandate to cut medicaid and they said stop it, and then they told him to sit down, and he didn't, so they escorted him out.
Speaker 1: He missed a wonderful opportunity to step out into the aisle and then just go dead weight and have him be dragged out?
Speaker 2: Right? Have that been spectacular? I mean it was.
Speaker 3: He was like an angry old man.
Speaker 2: Last would have been.
Speaker 1: And the Democrats lost an incredible opportunity as they were heckling, and they should have just kept on going, and Mike Johnson would have thrown all of them out. And I you know, can you imagine seeing dozens of Democrats.
Speaker 2: Being thrown out there? They they missed.
Speaker 1: That opportunity, just one by one, yeah, or dozens.
Speaker 2: Or they just keep on heckling.
Speaker 6: Weren't you just sort of thinking that there might be like a real fight.
Speaker 1: I would have hoped so if I don't know, if you've ever seen the Parliament of Taiwan, oh yeah, or South Korea, I mean they get in a fight, they hit each other, they take tables and chairs and smash each.
Speaker 5: Coming soon, yeah, I know, just now brought to you by WWE.
Speaker 2: Well you got Linda McMahon, Yeah, well yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: No, it's entertaining as hell. Alrighty.
Speaker 5: Former fire chief Kristen Crowley loses her bid to get her job back. I mean thirteen to two. Basically you had only council members Monica Rodriguez and Tracy Park the only two sane people there. Just remember who everybody else is so we can make sure they're never mayor.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I mean, the bottom line on this is even I think even those people that would have reinstated her, all things being equal, said the mayor has this power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the mayor has this power that.
Speaker 5: Makes it even more brave to stand up and say yeah and say, hey, this is not good.
Speaker 2: And I don't think's.
Speaker 1: Question of brave. I think it's a question of just looking at it in terms of reality. I would have, actually, I would have voted to keep her, as horrible as that is, because there has to be a relationship between the fire chief and the mayor.
Speaker 2: There has to be anybody.
Speaker 3: Do you work on mending that.
Speaker 1: I don't mending it with Karen Bass after you've ripped her a new one. Yeah, it's like mending it with Donald Trump. You know, I think you cross the line. Well maybe not, because maybe Zlynsky is coming back across the line.
Speaker 7: Amy Zelensky, Well kind of house comeback sort of on bended knee. President Trump said that Ukrainian leader Voloda Mayr Zelensky had written to him said he appreciates you as support for his country and it's war with Russia, and is ready to sign a deal that would ensure future American support. Is talking about that rare Earth's mineral deal that they were supposed to sign at the White House before they got into a fight.
Speaker 6: Last week.
Speaker 7: Zelensky apparently told Trump that Ukraine is ready to negotiate a peace deal with Russia as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And we do value how much America has done to help Ukraine.
Speaker 2: It was wellen. Next time we hear Zelensky speak, it will.
Speaker 1: Be I want to thank the problem.
Speaker 3: Trump's like that. That tickles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And guess why listen, Hi.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you do anything for your family?
Speaker 1: You know? By the way, it just wasn't on one bended knee, Amy, And we won't go through what you can do with that one, all right?
Speaker 5: President Donald Trump, back in the News, says a primary reason for his new tariffs against the United States three largest trading partners is what he calls a national emergency, was brought out by the feanyl flowing across the country's border.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fentanyl from Canada, not quite.
Speaker 1: Any immigration, don't forget that illegal immigration Canada, not really.
Speaker 5: But some are saying that the fentanyl overdose deaths are already declining.
Speaker 1: I don't know why he goes there, because where he does have a point are the terriffs and the unfairness of goods being brought in from Canada Mexico, where there are tariffs higher than ours. Although between Canada and Mexico there really aren't many terrorists. Between Mexico and the United States, there aren't many because it's a free trade agreement between these three countries.
Speaker 2: It's just an unfair amount of goods being brought in.
Speaker 3: Was NAFTA Reagan under Reagan?
Speaker 2: Uh what was NAFTA? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But then they then they went ahead and changed NAFTA and made it even more NAFTA esque.
Speaker 3: Now with even more NAFTA.
Speaker 7: Yes, uh maybe now it's just the bronze standard. At a house hearing yesterday, US aviation experts talked about the trouble we've had recently with air traffic control. You know, all the near misses and then a couple of crashes, including that deadly crash near Reagan National Airport that lawmakers pressed aviation organizations on aging infrastructure, air traffic controller staffing shortages, and what they called a broken hiring process. They say US aviation is no longer the gold standard for safety.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And at that hearing, the representative Troy Nills pointed to the head of air Traffic Control to answer some questions. He wasn't there because he's no longer working there, and then the deputy head of air traffic Control also not there. Then they're going through there. That is a joke about how many people are being fired.
Speaker 3: No, I got it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the reason that the accident happened over the Potomac with the civilian airliner and the military helicopter was because of DEI that was the reason the crash happened. Okay, sure, why not. But one of the things that Musk is right, and I think Trump is right on this one, is the air traffic control system is a disaster. The computer system is so outdated. Some of this goes back to the sixties and seventies. And they did hire I think it was IBM to redo the entire system at one point, and I spent three hundred million dollars for a portion of it, and it got even worse surprises, weren't lawsuits like crazy?
Speaker 5: All Right, plan for Gaza formulated by Egypt would exclude Hamas, God bless them, from governance over the enclave once the war ends. The plan is being discussed by Arab leaders meeting in Cairo in an emergency summit.
Speaker 3: Just this, just yesterday.
Speaker 5: So the Egypt Egypt's president proposing a Palestinian committee to temporarily govern Gaza and then you know, take the power.
Speaker 1: From yeah, under the Palestinian authority. Yeah, and this actually makes sense.
Speaker 2: And why is that?
Speaker 1: Well, let's go a couple of levels down. Hamas stays in power, okay, which it could and would. That means once again it is set up for an attack on Israel. Just waits for the time, because the most important thing in the world Hamas, far more than feeding its beautiful or infrastructure or education, is the attack.
Speaker 2: On Israel, destruction of Israel.
Speaker 1: Israel goes in and decimates Gaza like it does, which means the Arab countries now have to deal with a decimated Gaza, fellow Arabs, which they're dealing with now. So that's my take on it. So Hamas as a government does no one any favors. I mean, keep in mind what is Hamas done for the last ten years with the billions of dollars that it has, schools, no infrastructure, power plants, no tunnels, tunnels for the sole purpose of its military attack on Israel.
Speaker 2: That's the government we want, right, Okay.
Speaker 6: Just skip it.
Speaker 7: How Speaker Mike Johnson is encouraging fellow Republicans to skip town because they've been greeted with a lot of protesters recently for people who are mad about Trump's plans to slash the federal government. And they're saying, you know what, these are being fueled by paid protesters, so why give them a forum?
Speaker 1: Right, So there are no legitimate protesters, for example, federal workers that lost their jobs, they're not there. It's the protesters, the paid protesters that are there.
Speaker 2: You know why. It's just, you know, just the pure hypocrisy of all of it.
Speaker 1: Just be honest, Hey, guys, don't go to these halls because you're going to get your ass kicked by people who lost their jobs. It's important we believe in what's happening, but that's the reality. Why take on that kind of vitriol. No, you can't be honest about that. Oh no, these aren't real protesters. These are paid protesters from coming in from the outside. I guess no one in that district is upset about losing his or her job. Man, It's just the world we live in. I wish I were a congressman, senator, president. How long would I last? About thirty seconds but still.
Speaker 6: Be kicked out of the chamber?
Speaker 2: I would instantly, even if I was doing a speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah your meat, low farm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've often said that the day I leave here and the press release from iHeart, which always the same from everybody we've mutually decided to part company, I issue a press release instantly.
Speaker 2: That's a croc. My ass was fired, thank you.
Speaker 5: There is no job that you or John Cobelt could do outside of talk radio.
Speaker 1: No nothing, no nothing. I could theoretically go back to practice law. John could theoretically go back to selling pencils on street corners.
Speaker 2: Actually he was a sports writer, Yeah, he actually was.
Speaker 3: It's true, all.
Speaker 5: Right, the conservative Supreme Court aligning with liberal San Francisco. Two great tastes that taste great together. Let's put poop in the water. So the Supreme Court ruled that federal environmental regulators overstepped their authority by attempting to impose vague limits on how much raw sewage the California city may pump into the Pacific Ocean. And I say, at least it gets it off the streets of San Francisco.
Speaker 1: And so this is a Supreme Court putting a dump on the dump when you think about that.
Speaker 2: And this is not because they're in favor of sewage.
Speaker 1: They're just saying, wait a minute, you know, there are limitations. The EPA does not have this kind of power, and it's going to have the same situation with lawsuits going in against the president with executive actions. And the argument is the president doesn't have this kind of power. And the court is hearing been one hundred lawsuits filed so far on the executive actions that the president has taken in the first forty forty.
Speaker 5: I think they have a scoreboard somewhere in the White House and they're like, all right, another one, yeah, someone does.
Speaker 7: All right, Well, so much for the Canadians being nice and polite. There's twenty five Canadians who have been arrested charged with stealing twenty one million dollars from elder Americans.
Speaker 6: It's called a grandparent scam.
Speaker 3: What's that a boat?
Speaker 7: Well, they know we're trying to defraud hundreds of retirees out of their life savings by praying on their emotions and deceiving them into thinking their loved ones were in peril. You know how they go, Hey, your daughter, we got your daughter, pay us more, or we got your granddaughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in an accident, been arrested. Can't talk You need your money now, can't talk to you?
Speaker 2: Right? Ye, I got run for some reason. I got one of those, even though I don't have grandkids.
Speaker 1: But if I did, Hey, keep them a.
Speaker 2: Heartbeat, I would say that all right.
Speaker 5: You put them on the phone so I could say, oh, no, you can't.
Speaker 2: They can't come to the phone right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, proof of life?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: John Stewart Elon Musk the battle. So John Stewart has made it clear tech billionaire and White House ally Elon Musk has a formal invitation to appear on the Daily Show. This is you know, he bashes Musk all the time and they go back and forth, so this may happen. The SpaceX CEO has been brewing ever since they you know, been going back and forth. But I guess Musk has said, yeah, I'll do it if the show airs unedited.
Speaker 1: And the Daily Show isn't it live anyway, or Stuart would say it would be live, that means it won't be edited.
Speaker 3: I thought it was live to tape.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyway, So Musk is pulling back on that.
Speaker 3: It's not going to happen.
Speaker 7: Tariffs could lead to a lot of people in the US being left in the dark.
Speaker 6: Here's why.
Speaker 7: The head of the Canadian province of Ontario has promised that they will retaliate against US tariffs going into effect against Canadian goods, and he says one way to do that would be to apply a twenty five percent sir charge on energy expert exports to New York, Michigan and Minnesota. And also he said we might just cut off the electricity if this.
Speaker 1: If this persists, Yeah, now that gets interesting because he certainly has the power. I mean, I don't know if yeah, thank you very much to do this, whether he does as far as the Canadian constitution and their Supreme Court is concerned. But if they unitarily cut off the power, you've got those three states that are going to be in the dark because that's where they get the power is from Kada.
Speaker 5: So Detroit pretty much doesn't have power anyways, nothing going on there New York.
Speaker 3: Who cares Minnesota gets cold? You remember the think we'd be okay, yeah, well we're.
Speaker 2: Fine down here.
Speaker 1: But the You remember when in the seventies the entire eastern Seaboard was knocked out of power and it was all dark. The cascade. It was like a rat or a squirrel eight one one one cable going through some system and the cascade happened. But and that has nothing to do with this story, but it's just a reminder of what happened. But this is going to get really interesting. These tariff wars are going to any war.
Speaker 3: Of any kind, you're supposed to, you know, that's what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not like this, I don't think, because this is really going to hit home home home big.
Speaker 2: Time, all right.
Speaker 5: To worried about cameras being everywhere, what about the ones that are focused on your home. There was a resident in Sandbardino County who was particularly alert and called the Sheriff's department when they noticed a portable power supply device in their driveway. So what deputies found and have been talking about are becoming more common. These are hidden cameras used with I mean, these power supplies are getting so small.
Speaker 3: The cameras are so small.
Speaker 5: What they do is they wrap them in in fake leaves and the like and make them look like part of the foliage of the house. And that way they can keep track on who's coming and going and when the house is empty. And these are folks from other countries that are coming here on those burglary tourism. And last May four Columbian nationals were arrested in Glendale for this very same thing.
Speaker 1: I have a question why cameras are so ubiquitous. Everybody use used to so many cameras. Why wouldn't you just hide a camera in a camera, well, a hidden camera in a camera and no one pays attention.
Speaker 5: You're right, hide it in a homeless person that also works. Nobody looks at them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you put it in the button, but they don't have buttons, so something's wrong. Wait a minute, you shouldn't have a button on there. Yeah, but this is becoming more popular and porch pilots, pirates or just burglary when people are out This is why the pro football players got nailed, because you know they're out of the game. They're not at home. Yeah, although you think there'd be armed guards there and being told anybody brings into the house just go ahead and blow their brains out. Well, that's what you need to do. You have to all right, we're done, guys. KFI AM sixty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.