Speaker 1: Coming to you live from the Stranger's own studios and scenic Nampa, Idaho, Oh, Meridian, Idaho. This is a Strange Thing podcast cast cast.
Speaker 2: Nice, that was a good one, Austin. Yeah, I'm Mike and I'm Austin and we're your hosts with the Strange Thing podcast. Like you said, Yeah, I like that. Yeah. What episode are we on?
Speaker 3: Seven hundred?
Speaker 2: No episode thirty six? Yeah, thirty six. I mean that doesn't seem like a lot, but where we started with zero and we haven't.
Speaker 3: Been doing it for that long yep, going on to we have.
Speaker 2: It's been crazy. We get thirty six. It's been really hard the last couple episodes to get them done and get them out. They've been fun. But what a strange year. Yeah, I mean last year was the year of COVID. This year is the year of strange, post COVID, post COVID. I'm just glad I don't have to wear a mask anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, need to?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So fun.
Speaker 3: Well, we had to celebrate no maskitude. We did with a little beer break.
Speaker 2: A little beer break.
Speaker 3: Two minutes in and we're already starting a beer break. But it was it was a very productive, it was very productive.
Speaker 2: Yeap, What did we do?
Speaker 3: We went out there and we worked on the mother ship.
Speaker 2: We did we had to take Bolt out of the side panels of the mother.
Speaker 3: Ship and they were all riddle and girls and old ripped off some of the fiber glass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you expect when it's like nineteen ninety eight box van.
Speaker 3: But we did have some good discussions and spirits. We had some spirits, if you will, with our discussions, which brings us back to the point. Maybe we drink a little bit of a dead guy ale we did by Rogue Brewing Company.
Speaker 2: Which brings us further to the point, which is when we went out to the Idaho State Penitentiary to look for paranormal activity with those investigators, what were we trying to find?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you just said paranormal activity, I know, but what is that?
Speaker 2: I mean I got home and I've been thinking about this for like the last couple of weeks. What is paranormal activity? What are we looking for?
Speaker 3: What are spirits and dead guys.
Speaker 2: Spirits, ghosts, apparitions, I mean, you name it whatever they are, evil spirits, demons? What are they? And it kind of bothered me. You know, we're out here looking for the spirit beings that supposedly lived in this place for a certain amount of time, that haunt this location, with the predetermined idea that these guys are the remnant spirits of these incarcerated humans.
Speaker 3: Is it their spirit or is it their anger manifested as energy in the walls, or is it their scar on the earth as such a terrible part of humanity?
Speaker 2: Exactly? And then I got to thinking, well, why do we think that way? Because what are they? You know, I mean, what are they? Are they ghosts in the sense of like a.
Speaker 3: Spirit that's stepper, that a dead person who was wronged and they have to fulfill the task to make it to the next life.
Speaker 2: Or are they like some kind of evil entity that inhabits a location where a lot of bad things happened.
Speaker 3: They were so evil they were bound to earth and they can only wrecavoc right people, right, necessary eternal torment or terrible the rest of their existence exactly?
Speaker 2: Or is it like because the place is kind of nefarious.
Speaker 3: Like a terrible event that happened in time and then a whole space time continuum, and it manifests as a record player spins a spatch and it skips consistently forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something like that. Is it that or you know, is it something that can be explained scientifically? Is it something that we have to explain with some kind of supernatural reason. I mean, I just got thinking about that and then I thought, hey, that's a perfect thing to do for our next topic. What are these ghosts?
Speaker 3: WTF ghosts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, WTF ghosts? What are they? I mean, if you think about it, look at the popularity of like paranormal shows.
Speaker 3: Forever Casper Scooby Dooby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I'm thinking even like more recently with like ghost Hunters, even on YouTube.
Speaker 3: You can even go way back with your mind on your money and your money on your mind to like a Christmas story or Christmas or whatever that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Christmas lug Yeah yeah guy.
Speaker 3: Well the ghosts of Christmas pass and that's a different, totally different kind of ghost, right, and.
Speaker 2: Is what it is and the grasshoppers what it is and Christmas having a good day, And then you can go back further than that. I mean, there are stories all through history. I mean, look, if you want to get biblical right, look at the story of King Saul and the Witch of.
Speaker 3: Indoor from from Lord of the Rings, which of Indoor.
Speaker 2: Different, No, that's Star Wars, but not that Indoor either. This is like Saul is wanting information about this battle, and so he goes to he he gets his guys and they say, okay, we need to find a necromancer. We need to find somebody who can divine and contact spirits because I want to talk to my old you know, prophetic guru named Samuel. So he goes and he visits this witch who is able, for some reason, to conjure up the spirit of Samuel. And I mean, it's a crazy story in the Bible.
Speaker 3: It just sounds like Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 2: I mean it does. It totally does.
Speaker 3: Sam went down to the Witch of Endor to speak with his prophetic master.
Speaker 2: Well, what's really weird about that story is Samuel actually shows up. The spirit of Samuel shows up, and it not only freaks out the witch because she's not it's almost like she doesn't expect for that to happen, but it also freaks out King Saul because all of a sudden, now he's doing something that was totally forbidden. I mean, as the King of Israel, he was not allowed. There were like strict rules about doing anything like that. No need anything with the you know, astrologers or sorcerers or necromancers, anything like that.
Speaker 3: You couldn't do that dungeons and dragons characters.
Speaker 2: But he did in anyway apparently in this story, and you can look it up, this spirit of Samuel the prophet shows up and he's like, why he bugging me, Saul.
Speaker 3: What's your problem?
Speaker 2: And anyway, he gets a severe judgment because they were forbidden to try to find and conjure up spirits from the dead. So anyway, that's that's a story. But I mean, these things are all over the place, and you have stories of ghosts and ghouls and all kinds of stuff as far back as.
Speaker 3: You can do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's happened. And even like in our you know series on Strange Gods, there were stories of gods and ghosts and spirits.
Speaker 3: The way way that thing passing through walls. He's dead but now he's alive.
Speaker 2: Right, it's very ghosty. Well, and think of the Holy ghost or the Holy spirit. Right, and then you've got in Islam. In Islam, you've got ghosts, and you've got gin's and you've got all kinds of stuff. You've got that kind of stuff in almost every major.
Speaker 3: Culture speaking of gin from Freaking the Shining Lloyd the ghost. Yes, that gives Jack the gin which makes him crazy and kills his family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, it's all Stephen King. It's circular, and it all comes back to Stephen King or the spirit that impacts Stephen.
Speaker 3: He says he doesn't write his books, he just writes down.
Speaker 2: So he's like channeling, which is another kind of apparition spirit kind of but that one almost goes to possession, which that is another form of spirit.
Speaker 3: So anyway, which on a whole.
Speaker 2: Time, it brings us all back to what in the heck are these strange ghost hosts that everybody's trying to find proof of or you know, discredit or explain or whatever. What is going on here? And why in the heck would you and I and Dave think it would be fun to go out with paranormal investigators and try to find and locate some kind of supernatural thing that interacts with us.
Speaker 3: Because it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was fun, It was really fun. But I wish someone had a Wigi board. No, no, I stay away from Wigi board.
Speaker 3: I won't do it, but I will watch people do.
Speaker 2: It well there are a lot of stories of creepy things with people with wigi boards. So anyway, I'm just saying there is something about the supernatural aspect of something beyond what we can see and understand that draws us like moths to a flame. I want to kind of talk about that. What are these things? What could they be? We can't answer it with any kind of finality, but as hacks, we jump into the topic, you know, basically just throw crap everywhere and try to explain something or at least satisfy our own itch.
Speaker 5: Ye, so.
Speaker 2: What do you think should we give it a shot?
Speaker 3: Let's go all right?
Speaker 2: Okay, so let's break it down at the very base level. What do you think ghosts are you? Personally?
Speaker 3: Well? I got so many because this is my like thing, right, you know, like all day I listened to all these ghost stories on podcasts, Stephen King, all kinds of stuff. So for me, it's like it can be a whole number of things.
Speaker 2: Okay, so break down the possibilities. Let's I mean, you know, I keep talking about we need to put these things into buckets. Now they might be cracked, leaky buckets, but I mean you can kind of break things down into two buckets, right, yeah, supernatural.
Speaker 3: And natural, and then they kind of come together. So let's say in your in your natural bucket, you've got clear water m hm, clear liquid, clear ectoplasmic.
Speaker 2: Goo quote and it's to me.
Speaker 3: And and you've got clear it's clear, it's concise, you know what it is. And then the other one is murky gunky ectoplasmic glue with floats in it. And both buckets are cracked and they're leaking on the floor and they make goopy, brackish ectoplasmic goo backwash in the middle where they're meeting together and they're in like their own bucket, kind of like leaking together.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: Get you got my image in the scientific bucket the natural bucket where it's clear. You've got schizophrenia, where we know it's a thing that happens.
Speaker 2: So psychological disorder that allows people to see something that isn't really there, but they if it's there because their brain problem.
Speaker 3: And you've got PTSD, maybe you've got weird electric waves, sound waves that are causing people to have hallucinations, dehydration causing hallucinations, sleep paralysis.
Speaker 2: What about like yeah, sleep paralysis. What about like a drug interactions like LSD or whatever are, or even DMT or yeah, and you drink something, you take something and it basically makes your mind go off and do all kinds of strange things. But you know it's explainable because it's your neurons firing in your brain that's causing these these visions or whatever they are. Yep, so scientifically non supernatural, naturally explained.
Speaker 3: Ye And naturally explained. Could be even a vision disorder seeing people out of the corner of your eye, or like door pressure changes that causes you to you know, you're thinking, oh, it's a poltergeist, but really you have a weird pressure problem in your house. Give you a whole bunch of things that making quote unquote ghosts.
Speaker 2: Okay, And it could be like a misperception because you're trying so hard mentally to project something onto something supernatural that you're basically hearing something and assigning a belief to it when it's actually something that's totally naturally. Like like we talked about the Old Ido Penitentiary when it went into one room and the window pane was banging and people were like, oh my gosh, somebody's answering our questions, but really it was just the wind blowing the pain and making a bang.
Speaker 3: So in your clear science bucket, you've got psychology and natural events, right.
Speaker 2: And you also have in that science bucket you have explanations for people that believe it supernatural, which is they have a psychosis or they're assigning, like you said, confirmation bias, they're signing things to it. But you can justify it as an outsider. Now, for the person that's actually experiencing it, it wouldn't feel like something scientific. It would feel like something supernatural.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it could very well could be potentially, and that's why they both buckets leak.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and in the leaky bucket department, I would have to say, there are a lot of people that experience these kinds of phenomena that are trying to explain it scientifically or capture proof of it scientifically. So like the EMF recorders when they hear voices, you know, they can play back and like, yes, something answered me right, or maybe it gets cold in the room. There's a physiological change when this thing takes place, So they're not clean, that's brackish, and you could even try to like, you know, it was kind of a famous study. This was like in the early nineteen hundreds. I can't remember the guy's name, but it was a doctor. He did a study and he'd weigh people at the time of their death and then right after they died, and they would lose a certain amount of weight.
Speaker 3: I think it was like McDonald, Yeah, something like that, mcding, doong, mcdemon.
Speaker 2: I don't know we should we should have researched this, but I do know that when they died, they they averaged it out to twenty Yeah, I've heard that, and there was a movie based on that, and it wasn't probably a really good scientific study. There's a lot of like things you could argue that, you know, it was it was biased, but that could be a scientific way to pursue the idea that no, we as these beans have a substance to us that we do not see and understand that when it leaves us at death, it's measurable.
Speaker 3: And that's where the brackish the two buckets leaked together into one right, and then in the other bucket we have you know, the the unexplainable stuff. The Annabel dolls from the conjuring and and ed Lorraine Warren.
Speaker 1: Where they're there.
Speaker 3: They have no real reason to believe that this doll could move. And and you have all these Poultergeist activities and and then I guess those leak into maybe it was just rats in your wall.
Speaker 2: But you have.
Speaker 3: Spirituality, Christianity, Buddhism, all these other things that believe in these spirits and other things that believe or that that live or dwell in this other plane that we can't access.
Speaker 2: Right. And you know what's interesting, there's a lot of supernatural side things are trying to use scientific method to prove that these things exist. So even though they're supernatural, they're trying to find ways to measure and quantify these things. So, okay, so we kind of define those two buckets. Now, let's talk about the types of experiences or entities that people interact with.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we'll try to put them in a bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll put them in a bucket. They they might span, they might jump back different buckets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they probably will leak on the floor.
Speaker 2: So let's go to the most common one that people think of with ghosts, and I'm thinking of like sixth cents or the others Casper, you know, where it's basically somebody who has died and for whatever reason, their spirit lingers. So their essence, their spirit of who they are, their bodies dead, it's called lifeless, just organic material, yeah, but their life force, their essence continues on and for whatever reason, it doesn't move into like this other dimension or the afterlife, but it hangs around, right. Yeah, And so a lot of people think of ghosts that way, that there are these spirit beings that are no longer you know, inhabiting their bodies, that are like stuck in this transitional space between our world and the afterlife.
Speaker 3: Right, what's the word I'm looking for, consciousness?
Speaker 2: Consciousness Consciousness stays.
Speaker 3: Yes, So it's like your body dies, or the body of this person dies, and it's the typical horror movie set up. The guy was mistreated, terrible stuff happened, and he was a serial killer, and then he died and his his consciousness stayed, and now he has a hook for a hand and he walked around lover's lane and kills people. Okay, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's one. But then you have also where maybe somebody has unfinished business.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is kind of the the sixth sense, I see, right, you know he's got to fulfill you know, this person has their mother to justice because the mom was poisoning him with pine sol right.
Speaker 2: And in the sixth sense, Bruce Willis needed to be able to say goodbye to his wife and let her be free to go on living because he didn't know he was dead, right, but he was a ghost. Uh spoiler sorry if we ruined that for anybody, I think I can go now. I just needed to do a couple of things. I needed to help someone. I think I did.
Speaker 3: I needed to tell you something.
Speaker 2: You were never second.
Speaker 6: Ever. I love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you haven't seen it by now, I mean yeah, yeah, you're like you're what ten years too late anymore? Now.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's a it's a good show. There are those kind of views of ghosts. They are disembodied spirits of humans that haven't been able to move on for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: They have to fulfill the task video game horror movie set up. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then we have beyond that, we have like these entities that are more nefarious, that are a lot of people would say they are like evil spirits, that they are like you know, not necessarily possessions, but sometimes people actually become possessed with these spirits, but they could be haunting a location and causing all kinds of mischief and nefarious activities.
Speaker 3: Kind of like Jason kind of guy, except for totally spirit Yeah, I think he was kind of I don't know, because he keeps coming back like yeah, yeah, yeah, he did, he did, he did.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, he did, he did, and he did. But yeah, I see what you're meaning. I think it's a little different than that because these things are not necessarily manifest in such a realistic way. They're feelings. And this type of spirit or entity a lot of times is associated with evil, and you find this a lot in like religious experience, right, So you talk to evangelicals, they would see that these spirits are actually like evil demons that are trying to basically maim, kill, and destroy humanity. And so they're disembodied spirits of a different kind of creature. They're not like spirits from humans. They are like angelic beings that lost their vocation because they were evil.
Speaker 3: So that would be more of the conjuring Annabelle Yes type thing, where there's a demon that's kind of faking to be a dead person to get other people to be into it, and then he turns on them and takes our soul, right, and so they quote, uh, the conjuring Annabel. He's like, what do you want? And it turns around.
Speaker 2: It's like your soul and it's like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, oh, didn't see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So they would be like devils, they would be like evil spirits, devils whatever, And so that's very common. A lot of people experience those kind of things. In fact, I've talked to a few people. We went camping recently and we sat around a campfire late at night and we talked about things. I'm gonna play a couple of those clips because a couple of those experiences by people were in this category.
Speaker 5: So there when.
Speaker 7: I was away in Bible.
Speaker 4: School one time, no no, no, no, would you listen to me?
Speaker 7: I was, I mean, I can still remember how I you know, where I was sitting. I was in front of a fire, and I in my living room in my apartment, and I was praying, and this presence, whether it was a ghost, whatever you want to call it, whether you want to call it whatever, you call them, principalities, I could not move. I actually could not. Yeah, I couldn't. It was a presence that was there that I knew that I had to pray through in order for this thing.
Speaker 5: To go out of my living room.
Speaker 2: That's a thing.
Speaker 5: I was praying. I was praying, praying, praying.
Speaker 7: That was a week. I was a week. Way to take my experience, put it in the mind, just so do I ever share again?
Speaker 2: So do you think that was like an evil thing or did you think it was like a good thing?
Speaker 7: No, No, it wasn't a thing.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people think goes to like people that have died, their spirits linger and like family members or something like that. You know, it wasn't that for you know, it was like an entity, it was something it was It was.
Speaker 7: Such a heaviness.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a real thing and I'll never forget it.
Speaker 5: Like you think it was for sure evil or was it just overpowering?
Speaker 7: And you couldn't if the feeling that I had.
Speaker 8: Was an evil thing?
Speaker 7: Yet? Yeah, it was scary. I was afraid and if it was, I feel like if it wasn't an evil thing, I wouldn't have been afraid.
Speaker 8: So do you think it's something that your mind could have just produced of like, all right, no, I'm in this mental state and you know, all of a sudden your brain puts out this, oh I feel that.
Speaker 5: I experience. Can't we talking about? But I was walking down the street a friend of mine and felt like it was being chased.
Speaker 2: By the devil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like some type of evil spirit whatever. I felt like running. I wasn't even was a constraint. It wasn't nothing.
Speaker 2: I was the kid.
Speaker 5: I actually went to my mom's apartment and called my youth pastor and said, I'm being chased by the devil right now. And he actually got out of his bed and came to my apartment's mom where my mom was, and said, why do you feel like you're being chased by the devil? I said, I don't know. I just feel this evil presence around it, this this badness.
Speaker 3: Were going.
Speaker 5: We prayed and we talked about it for you know, twenty months wherever, and going to calm me down. But I wasn't praying or meditating or doing anything like that. I was walking down the street with my buddy. It wasn't dark, and it was it was at night.
Speaker 3: And maybe she's.
Speaker 5: Noted this recording that everybody's contributing.
Speaker 7: To this isn't drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've all been drinking and now we're smoking.
Speaker 5: Were that we're smoking cigars?
Speaker 2: Okay? So that was that was pretty interesting to me because I mean, we run in circles with a lot of different people who have an evangelical background, and when they think of ghosts and spirits, they think of things like this. They think of like that spirit chasing you know, Tim down the road. Yeah, and then they talk about, you know, a person knowing that something evil was going on. So that's another category.
Speaker 3: So then we also have in that category, while it is supernatural, is leaking on the floor, Yes.
Speaker 2: It could be trying to be scientifically explo fear of the.
Speaker 3: Dark, or you know, a traumatic childhood event that caused you to have an unexpected reaction to something you heard or something, or.
Speaker 2: A presupposition because you are raised in a religious home. Oh yeah, you have all these metaphors and ideas, so they manifest in certain ways because you're, for whatever reason, you're susceptible to it. And in fact, here's an explanation of that by one of the guys camping with us that really didn't have that same view because his perspective wasn't so religious.
Speaker 5: My theory arm.
Speaker 9: Ghosts after so, I think the universe only has so much energy. I think that when someone dies, there's still energy around and it could be a remnant of that energy, like an echo or not necessarily an echo. There's also another theory out there too, as I brought up with you a while back, was when someone dies, do.
Speaker 10: They continue continue living on in an afterlife slash dimension another dimension? Yeah, and sometimes these barriers between our dimension and the afterlife dimension might merge or crossover or crossover, which then you would find, you know, where relatives will leave certain items.
Speaker 9: Or because there's a strong connection between you and that other individuals.
Speaker 5: That's the theory I've got.
Speaker 2: So it's pseudoscience, like energy cannot be created or lost, it's just transforms. So that energy of that per and is transforming, and maybe it's it's visible in our dimension, our domain, but yet it's moving towards a different place, or maybe it's somewhere in between.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can like that one.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's really interesting to me because you can explain this stuff different ways, but there's no denying that people experience this kind of stuff, right, no way. So now let's go on to some other kinds of things that people associate with ghosts or hauntings. We have in some locations something that I don't even know what you would call it, but it's almost like time gets recorded and then for whatever reason, like a record skipping, it keeps jumping back and replaying something tragic, something that was very traumatous, suicide or a.
Speaker 3: Lost child or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right, and these things replay, and those are kind of hauntings. But the difference is these kinds of entities that are in these hauntings, they don't interact with the people that are viewing them or seeing them.
Speaker 3: It's like a scar on geography, and when you go there, you can see it, but it has no care about you. It would walk through you, it would, it would, it's not going to move around you.
Speaker 2: It's like a scar. It's kind of like when you go to Disneyland and you're writing the Haunted House ride and the cart looks around and you look and you can see this thing in the mirror sitting between you and whoever you're writing with, and it's like it's like it creeps you out and you look, but it's not really there and it's a trick, but it doesn't really interact with you. It doesn't touch you, it doesn't speak to you. It's just doing its thing over and over and over again like a loop. Right. And so like some of the stuff, like when I went to the tuberculosis hospital and Gooding, the descriptions of some of the hauntings that were there, it would just kind of replay. So people would see this this entity and old person with white hair, doctor's kind of you know, uniform who would be doing something, but it wouldn't interact with them. It had no intelligence.
Speaker 3: It's its own deals, right, just it wasn't infecting its own environment and just being in the Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you know, I don't know what it is. If there's like this multi dimensional membrane that's getting punctured that makes you know this whatever it is though, it's really creepy. So hauntings would be categorized as things that are geographically focused or object focused, right, And like the TV hospital in Gooding where they keep seeing a guy who's angry in a.
Speaker 2: White lab coat.
Speaker 6: He's yelling yeah yeah, and he seems to have a look of a certain period and stuff, and so the lady that was there, the innkeeper, she didn't necessarily feel that he was yelling at her, but he was standing in there yelling. So maybe he's one of those. He's like a haunting where maybe some think traumatic happened and it's stuck in a loop in that area. I think you even said, maybe he's not yelling, Hey, I'm going to kill you, like a doctor trying to do something because somebody has just gone flatlined.
Speaker 2: Right, what would you call that? A loop or a scar scoop scar, an apparition that is like non intelligent. Yeah, so that's that's another one. Yeah, And I think those things are.
Speaker 3: Described quite often, probably the most often, I think. And then it's always related to a traumatic event. Tuberculos's hospital, a prison Edward Snowden guy Edward No, not Edward then gone Snood you know.
Speaker 2: We had his name, I can't remember. Raymond Snowden.
Speaker 6: Raymond Raymond Snowden, otherwise known as Idaho's Jack the Ripper.
Speaker 3: Oh, but I think that's the most popular one that happens, I think is like something terrible happened here and it's just on repeat, or that person's manifesting over and over again.
Speaker 2: I kind of think the most popular one is the kind of one you see on like Ghostbusters, which is more like people are trying to interact with some kind of entity and they're talking to it like it's a disembodied spirit. But in my mind, I don't think it's a disembodied spirit from like a human. I think it's like a it's something else. It's a different kind of entity that's basically mimicking a person. I think it's a counterfeit.
Speaker 3: I think it's Apple Ganger.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think it's a total evil disembodied spirit. I think it's like the disembodied spirits of fallen angels or nuhling, whatever you want to call it. Right, and because they've been around for so long, they are able to mimic and know some of the information about people that were in that location. But I don't think they're actually that spirit. I think they're I don't think they're the person.
Speaker 3: That die something they conjuring Annabelle the premise, I mean it ruins it for people. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just trying my belief out there right now, and it probably shouldn't have because it shows my bias. But anyway, that's what I kind of think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're allowed to think.
Speaker 2: I know. Sometimes it's hard. I try, but I'm not very good at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's hard.
Speaker 2: So anyway, you got that right, and then you got a few other things like poltergeist.
Speaker 3: Which I would take back my looping thing to say. Poultergeist is the most common because it's the most easily mistaken, and if you're in a spooky place where you think something traumatic happened, you might consciously hear this poltergeist and think of, oh, well, that must be this repeat of something.
Speaker 2: So are poltergeist? I know you're could probably you know this better than me. Is a poltergeist one of those things where like there's a like energy or some kind of force that's attached to like a person that manifests in like different ways, But really it's kind of driven by the angst of like maybe a teenage girl or something like that. Is that a poltergeist?
Speaker 3: So that's like the typical scenario I think is like there's a teenage girl or a pubescent boy, or you know, some kind of angsty teen type scenario and they have all these scratching and banging and cabinets opening, but they're not physically coming after a person as like an entity. There's not like a figure that attacks people.
Speaker 2: So it's like an energy that's emanating from them that's causing these different kinds of I think.
Speaker 3: Of things, well, I googled it earlier, remember, and poultern puln is German means like scratching or rumbling, and geist means like spirit or ghost. So you think of the movie Poltergeist and all those like figurines and the clown and everything comes to life. But it's not like a ghost is there. It's almost like this entity or this energy is possessing the house and an inanimate object like the clown that chokes the kid. Not like it's like a black figure in your hallway. It's lurking and sneaking up on you and stocking. But I think maybe I don't know about statistically, but I think the cases or whatever that come up the most are like pubescenteen type age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of girls, a lot of.
Speaker 3: Like emotion, the girls in our emotion, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So okay, so now let's get into some of the other things that are you know, in the leaky buckets, there are a lot of stories of like young people that some of them have been clinically diagnosed as being schizophrenic or having some kind of emotional or psychological disorder, who see here and experience entities that tell them to do things or believe that they're doing something with And this is very common with like people that have like a well, i'll just say, a sexual or romantic interaction with something that's invisible or that's not there, so people will believe they are Actually this happens a lot with like alien abductions, where they are taken and they are molested or having some kind of sexual interaction with a different kind of creature, whether it's spiritual, demonic, alien, whatever it is, it's got that same kind of flavor to it. A lot of well, I know it's a good word, but you know, like I know one person who had a roommate who had basically was drawing all these images of somebody who represented herself in erotic passionate throes of passion. So with some kind of demonic, spiritual, serpentine kind of creature.
Speaker 3: That's not abnormal or anything. It's an incubus or a sucubist, right, And I can't remember what's feminine or masculine of the two. And I got a story, you want me to do it, so I'm not going to say names. Yeah, no names, fella, I know, we'll call him Godfrey. He lived in California and he was going with this girl, Gina.
Speaker 2: Gina.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Gina and Godfrey, I know where you go.
Speaker 2: You told me this story. It's not funny, but those names are awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you didn't. But Gena and Godfrey hook up and they go to to Godfrey's apartment. They do their evening activities. They go to bed on the blow up mattress or whatever it the apartment mattress I think, so yeah, okay, mattress on the floor. Nonetheless, whatever it does. And Gina starts being physically abused, assaulted, but not by Godfrey, and he's kind of watching this, and Godfrey says basically that it appears that this Gina is being assaulted and ft in the a to quote by something that he can't see.
Speaker 2: Let's use the word sodomized.
Speaker 3: Okay, sodomized by something he can't see. I just used to quote, you know. But that kind of goes on for a while, and they continue dating, but he's a little suspicious and kind of weirded out. It continues and continues, and she's got bruises on her body, like actual physical bruises.
Speaker 2: So wait me, let me try to clarify this. So basically, the girlfriend is having some kind of encounter with some kind of entity that is sodomizing her and leaving physical manifestations of that encounter, yes, on a regular basis, and.
Speaker 3: Bruises and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 3: And they call a priest, they call kinds of people, and finally he just kind of moves away, he.
Speaker 2: Has to get away from it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know, it's really weird. I know of several people that have had those kind of encounters, mostly female, but at least one that I know of that's male.
Speaker 3: I think now that I'm repeating it, I think an incubus is a male that assaults females typically, and a succubus would be a female that kind of entices or assaults males.
Speaker 2: And they're sexual encounters in nature. Yeah, so those are weird because I mean you could basically throw everything into well they're having some kind of psychological disorder and throw it in that. The problem is there's like sometimes physical manifestations.
Speaker 3: Of that which he mentioned, And they went and saw doctors and priests to figure out these bruisings. And he said he was afraid because he would go to the store with her and she'd have bruises on her.
Speaker 2: Body and they think he did it.
Speaker 3: He was like, this is weird. I can't handle this.
Speaker 2: So you know, yeah, that's crazy. How do you explain that kind of stuff? So now you're getting dangerously close to all these things where things get evil. You know, it's all fun to go talk to your great grandfather who died and he's going to give you impart certain kinds of wisdom and help you in life. My thing I mentioned her, right, that's different than what we're talking about here, where these things are bad another and they're out to cause harm, and they're doing things that ought not to be done.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And unless that's your preference, and you know it's weird, Okay, So let's just do a little bit of side john here. Okay. These are the things that happen when we talk about alien abduction. These are the things we talked about when we talked about the knuffle and leaving their estate and having relations with women and creating hybrid offspring. Right, it's like a common thread sex. Sex. Sex is a thing in these stories, in a lot of these stories. No, No, I'm just talking about these that we're talking about where things get dark and ugly and scary, they seem to kind of come into play.
Speaker 3: Well, you think though, in the more science bucket, about what traumatic events might have taken place and what kind of quote unquote energies might be there, which is kind of the murky water. So let's say a rapist or something like that, it's very traumatic killed somebody, and now his spirit after he got killed lurks there and he's a rapist ghost or something. Those kinds of things tend to be not conjured up lack of a better word, in those areas because you're thinking about it. Right, So maybe because that is like a very traumatic and terrible event for somebody, your consciousness as you're sitting there as a as a human normal human being, has that in its the back storage unit, and that just kind of leaks out.
Speaker 2: It bubbles up to the surface, and it manifests in different.
Speaker 3: Ways even if you're not thinking about it, but you see the dark figure in your brain just like there's that rapist and then you're like, oh, okay, we'll saw a rapist in the shadows.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about another because I think this is very closely related. You have this whole concept of sleep paralysis, and that's when and this is in the scientific bucket a little bit, and that's when a person is having rim sleep, but for whatever reason, physically they wake up. So they're still having a dream, which could be crazy like lucid dreaming, right, but they have sleep paralysis. They can't get up and move. It's very you know, people describe it as very terrifying. It feels real. Normally, when you sleep and rim state, you don't remember most of the stuff you dream, and your body disconnects from your brain, so whatever's going on in your head, it doesn't you know, like if you're running in your dream, you're disconnected. Your body's not running.
Speaker 3: It's not those dogs YouTube videos.
Speaker 2: They're running, yeah, and then they start running and like wamn, I'm into the wall.
Speaker 3: Exactly awesome videos.
Speaker 2: So in sleep proalyss, what's going on is your mind's dreaming, but your body's awake. You're still not moving because you're frozen. You're disconnected, but you're aware that there's something really strained going on, which and it feels real.
Speaker 3: From a scientific perspective, it might be your body's natural reaction to keep you from hurting yourself. Because if you're having a nightmare about a mountain lion or a jaguar or a spe tiger chasing you in your primitive mind, and then you get up and start sprinting and you hit the wall or the mirror or the window, and you fall and you die. Yeah, your body's just protecting you. Put the car in neutral and red the engine, which.
Speaker 2: Kind of reminds me. So I talked to a person I'm gonna call him Ezekiel, and he's got a story about the sleep paralysis or night terrors where people wake up and their body is actually moving but their mind's still asleep. Oh so yeah, and he kind of marries the idea of some kind of demonic entity that is impacting a person that he loves while they're asleep. So here's that story.
Speaker 11: So when my wife and I first got married, we bought a house and brand new couple. We were very young, bought this house. It need a lot of work, and we lived in the basement of the household. We were preparing the top level of the house for us to live in, and every night it seemed that there would be something running across the floor in my in my house, and it sounded like footsteps.
Speaker 12: And at first I thought it was the neighbor girl next door.
Speaker 11: She didn't have any boundaries, and she would come in at random times, and we had stuff that would go missing and it would end up in her backyard, and so I thought, oh, it's got to be the neighbor girl. But then it started getting in weird, weird hours, like two in the morning, and I'd run upstairs and there would be anybody there. The doorsoul all be locked. Like I remember one time I ran upstairs and I had my gun, because at that point in time, I thought that was the way to solve problems. Yeah, and I'm running around naked on the top level of my house.
Speaker 12: Forgot that the.
Speaker 11: Window curtains were open, and I'm sure my neighbors flashing the neighbors, Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, flashing them both both my piece and my gun lineral, yes, exactly.
Speaker 11: But that that happened quite a bit until we moved into that main level of the house and my daughter started to have nightmare. We had only one child at that point in time, and she was sleeping in that same room that we would hear the.
Speaker 12: Footsteps coming from. And she would wake up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 11: Just screaming, like thrashing, flailing around, and she would be awake, but not awake like you could her eyes were open, but you could see that there was there's nothing going on, and it would take fifteen to sometimes even an hour to get her to calm down where she would finally fall back to sleep. And I thought, this is really strange because it didn't start happening until we moved her in that room, and it could be moving rooms, or it could be something else. And a friend will call on D. He came over one night and it was a strangest thing. Me and another friend of mine were they're talking with him, and all of a sudden, D starts just doing these weird voices like you need to see in movies when when people manifest demons, like if they're possessed, Yeah, they're possessed, and they start talking in strange voices, speaking if there's somebody else calling themselves a different name.
Speaker 12: And he starts doing this and going, Okay, well, who are you? What's going on? He says, I'm Anthony, and just like this really weird stuff. He's no, this wasn't his name at all. Is this a demon?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 12: Are we talking demonic stuff here? And so I heard stories.
Speaker 11: My parents had worked in a missions organization when I was younger, and they told me stories.
Speaker 12: About casting out demons.
Speaker 11: So growing up I always had this kind of like there's demonic stuff out there.
Speaker 12: Since this story, I've seen a lot more of that.
Speaker 11: But going back to this one specific time, he started kind of manifesting or acting like he was possessed, and so my buddy and I that were there, we just started praying, you know, and and in Jesus name, get out of here, and and.
Speaker 12: It was it was like night and day.
Speaker 11: He kind of slumped down onto the floor and then woke up and he went what happened?
Speaker 3: Create?
Speaker 11: It was just like completely something completely shifted. And we prayed with them and chatted with them, and then he ended up going home. And my buddy that was there with me, I went, you know what, my daughter's been having these bad dreams like this, this kind of night terror stuff. And she had she had been out of town, I think, with my wife somewhere. So we were like, well, let's go create in the room.
Speaker 12: So we go in. We take like you know, this may sound.
Speaker 11: Weird, we take a little bit of oil, like we're gonna annoint the doors, right, and then we start praying in the name of Jesus, leave this house. You're not welcome here, to go, go, go. And I just felt like we're supposed to open the doors this door of the house, yeah, the front door of the house. So the door of the bedroom was open, and then the front door of the house, and I felt like, we need to open this front door.
Speaker 12: We got we got to get it open.
Speaker 11: So we opened up the front door and last time, get out of here in Jesus name, and both my buddy and I feel this cold wind. And it wasn't that the door had been opened for long enough that it wasn't some type of a draft. We didn't have air conditioning, and it wasn't even a day it was.
Speaker 2: So the wind started up after the door was open, yeah, and after you commanded this to leave.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And then there's this cold wind that goes by me and then goes by my buddy and then goes out the door.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 11: Yeah, and I thought that was really strange. It felt strange because it was just a weird.
Speaker 12: Kind of like gust.
Speaker 11: And then my daughter never had night terrors from that point on. From there, from then on, the house that that house was the house, just a house. There was There was no other night terrors that she had, and that that's the only thing I can explain, is that there was something in there that was tormenting her.
Speaker 12: Principel something like that. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That was a really interesting story, and it kind of reminded me of your sister Demon No no, No. Amber used to have night terrors. She would wake up and it was creepy because we'd hear these little footsteps, you know, when she was like seven or eight, I don't know, and we go out in the hallway and she'd be standing in the hallway and pointing at things on the walls or whatever and just like terrified. But then we kind of have to coax her back to her bedroom and put her in bed, and she'd be asleep and then she'd wake up, but she wouldn't remember any of them.
Speaker 3: Well, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really weird.
Speaker 3: I heard a story about my cousin and he fell asleep on the couch. He was young and uh maybe I don't know, six seven something, but he fell asleep on the couch and dad, being a good dad, goes to pick him up and take him to his room to go to bed. Yeah, and he's walking down the hallway and randomly, cousin of mine just goes ah like scrowls and gnashing teeth and claws like a grip, looking angry, you looking fists, and then goes back to sleep. And it was like, whoa easy buddy, you were there or was that I wasn't there. I just heard the story once.
Speaker 2: So the dad I saw that dad.
Speaker 3: Was carrying him and then then the kid had this reaction. It could be any number of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's weird. That is creepy. So we're talking about you know, dreams and dream states and stuff. There are a lot of and you could go into the religious realm of this, or you could go into you know, just stories that people tell of encounters with spirits or ghosts or people that they knew before they passed away that are interacting in their dreams and helping them or guiding them in their dreams or giving them some kind of information. And so that's another aspect of this that's kind of interesting. It's not possession or evil. It's more of like, I don't know, it's like they show up, like family members or somebody who love shows up and actually helps you through something.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And then you also have things that happen in life where you see something that you associate it with somebody that passed away.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Like my brother, he always associates like when he finds money on the ground, especially quarters, he'll think, oh, that's that's you know my dad. Yeah, because his dad would give him quarters, and usually when he was like struggling with something personal in his life, there'd be a quarter that would just show up, and he would associate that with you know, that's like my dad saying it's going to be okay, yeah, or something I have you know a personal story with that. During my wedding, yeah, that what they call it, Yeah, the party part. Yeah, after the wedding, after the wedding, after.
Speaker 3: Reception, Yeah, that thing. The uncle came up and said, hey, I saw this under your chair, and I've always associated it with my dad kind of thing.
Speaker 2: There's a quartern.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so onceidents or not, it meant a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was like your grandpa saying, hey, you know, I'm here and I approve some good works. Yeah yeah, slap on the booty. Yeah, so that's kind of cool. That's another kind of manifestation of these things that we're talking about.
Speaker 3: I mean that one's very common, I think. Yeah, probably confirmation biased.
Speaker 2: You could totally explain that scientifically, because you're you're biased to explain it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but there's also a meaning to it, and nobody can explain what something means to you based on science. Yeah, there's no formula for your own cognitive I mean there's there's theories and stuff, but nobody can dissect your brain tell you exactly what you're.
Speaker 2: Feeling where you associate other than you. So one of the things that we haven't talked about is the whole idea of like people visiting you in visions with some kind of paranormal or extra kinds of information. So a lot of people like go to like a spiritist or a diviner or a necromancer to get information from people that have passed on. And these are like people that are intermediaries that are supposed to, you know, through a sance or whatever that's supposed to be able to communicate with the dead and pass on information like a medium. Yeah, and we've seen those kind of things and countless movies or TV episodes.
Speaker 3: It's the same stuff ever worked.
Speaker 5: Oh mind, but it will today, dude.
Speaker 2: But that stuff is still very popular. People will go to get some kind of fortune telling or some kind of person that can contact the dead and give information because they feel like they need it.
Speaker 3: A grandma, Are you proud of me? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Which is different than you know. I saw quarter and it reminded me of my grandpa.
Speaker 3: So I think I can make a quick distinction between the two. Okay, Shortly after my grandma passed away, I was at my mother in law's work to pick up my son. Not a place I would ever go ever, you know, I never been there since. I've never been there before. I've been there one time.
Speaker 2: It's not your normal place.
Speaker 3: So I pick up my son and she's like, hey, you should meet Karen, you should meet Lloyd. You know, hey, guys, listen to the dad to the kid that's been here all day.
Speaker 2: And then out of.
Speaker 3: The peripheral upper corner of my vision, I thought I saw my grandma standing there.
Speaker 2: Who had just died.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wasn't like a like a person that was a random person walking by. It was very clearly in my brain my grandma. Like just the familiarity was so obvious to me. And then look up, nobody's there. Maybe somebody had walked by, and my brain filled in a gap, which is where it becomes a murky thing. Yeah, maybe your your grandma walked by, it your mother in law's work. That would It doesn't make any sense, so it's probably my brain filling in a gap, or.
Speaker 2: Or somebody you saw a trait that you kind.
Speaker 3: Of recognize, a floral sweater and a skirt or whatever, you know, some genes, some sketchers and a floral sweater. What a very typical grandma outfit. And then my brain saw that peripherally and then filled in all the gaps because of the morning process.
Speaker 2: Did you have her?
Speaker 3: And I think in that time I was pretty depressed because we had like back to back to back funerals and yeah, it was all messed up and it was very uncomfortable for me. So that kind of happens in life. I think people will see something peripherally, especially, and it'll just you know, make bridges. You're neurons, synaps or whatever they call it, and you're like floral sweater knitting Grandma Wanda, you know. And then you're at that point without even thinking about it. But in my brain I was like, you know, like tough yard. I had to like pause for a second and say, I'm sorry, I just got distracted. What were you saying? You know, I had to recover from this thing that happened. But I think that's where a lot of ghost stories might come from. And same with dreams. I've mentioned before a dream that I had, I think where my grandpa, who had recently passed, was out in the backyard of his house picking up sticks with me. Yeah, and we were picking up sticks and he walks off into the fog, chasing the stick that grew legs and ran away. But it's like my brain is filling in gaps, probably while I'm sleeping, based on my external input, and then my brain's like, well, you know, let's think about that. You're dwelling on it, let's project it in your brain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's like your subconscious mind is communicating some kind of information that maybe you don't understand why, but it's it's working things out way. All of these things kind of married together in this whole realm of supernatural and entities. Let's try to like simplify and boil this down again. So the possibilities are we have disembodied spirits from humans that lived that are stuck or are trying to communicate. They can do that in real life kind of things like oh, you know, they show up sitting on your bed or talk to them, and they pass through your house and somehow communicate something to you and then they're talking.
Speaker 3: With your ancestor, right, kind of thing.
Speaker 2: So you have that, or you have these are demonic evil spirits or at best something that's just kind of not necessarily good or bad, but some kind of other kind of creature into.
Speaker 3: Tea another dimension, right right, that.
Speaker 2: Is somehow able to project into our reality and communicate or try to communicate. And I guess that information that they communicate could be evil bad, or it could be benign, or it could be good. So there's that. It's a it's another kind of creature. So in there you would have demons, evil stuff, angels, whatever. Then you have psychoses, which are totally explained by some kind of natural physiological kind of condition where a disability or some kind of psychological disorder, depression. And then you have things where people are experiencing something that's maybe there brain is helping them, you know, make connections and explaining things, but really isn't anything supernatural. It's just it's just your mind connecting the dots, right. So you have that, then you have like sleep disorders or visions where things are happening not in your conscious mind but your subconscious mind while you're asleep or in some other altered state. So I'm trying to think of any others.
Speaker 3: These all kind of skipped over.
Speaker 2: Poltergeist, Yeah, that's another poltergeist. And also the hauntings of things caught in a loop, which would be a physical realm kind of.
Speaker 3: Repeat repeat a traumatic event in time in time continuum.
Speaker 2: That's that's skipping and it's just replaying. We also kind of skipped over the whole idea of you know, different kinds of beings that are actually different created creatures that are trying to interact with this.
Speaker 3: World, which is kind of the malevolent, nefarious you mentioned that earlier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we also have with that we have aliens, yeah, or you know whatever, demons, demons that are kind of transdimensional, multi dimensional beings. That's a possibility, and we have you know, like the atheist would say that, no, this is all made up stuff that we are because of our bias and because of our religious upbringing, we are making these things up in our head. I don't really know which one to believe. I know my bias, but he said, the atheists, well, yeah, I mean people have no religious belief you know. There they would say that, you know, because of our religious upbringing, we have these preconceived ideas of what you know, evil is or the devil is and whatever, right, and because of that, our bias automatically puts things in those buckets. And when we're trying to explain something that we can't explain, we just dip into that bucket. It's mysticism, right, you know, in my mind because I am I hate to say the word religious, but because I'm a spiritual I'm spiritual. I you know, I kind of lean towards other entity creatures that manifest in this world. And I don't know if they're all necessarily evil, but I think a lot of the things I hear from people that experience these kinds of interactions. They are not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of times they're not.
Speaker 2: And so I would say I would classify them as if they are those kind of creatures, then they are evil because they want to do harm.
Speaker 3: Right, what's your thoughts. I don't know for sure, but I've had one thing that happened that scared me. It's probably scientifically explained somehow, And I think I mentioned it before, where the CDs violently flew off of my player, my boombox or whatever. And that was weird. And that's the only time I remember being like, there's a ghost in here. That was a weird And that was at a house where a guy hung himself.
Speaker 2: He hung himself in the basement. We didn't tell And that's where your sister was having night terrors?
Speaker 3: Was it really? Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is weird.
Speaker 3: So there's like a little bit of weirdness to that. And I didn't know the guy had hung himself at that point. I don't think. I think you told us that, like when we moved out, like that day, You're like, so here's what I've been waiting to tell you, guys. I've had weird things. I remember once we lived by a canal and I went on a long bike ride. You're on this canal, and I remember feeling like something was coming after me, a little bit, like like it was I just felt off bad. I was with my cousin at the time, and there's this giant tree at the kind of corner of the lot by the canal, and it's quite a bit of ways from the house we lived in at the time, but and that tree just would not get closer, and I felt like I had been peddling forever.
Speaker 2: You couldn't quite get to it, and I couldn't get.
Speaker 3: To the tree. And finally I did, but I felt like something was behind me, like it was trying to get me. And then the tree would not get closer. And that was a weird experience that sticks out.
Speaker 2: I had a really you know, that same house down from where that tree was. I think I've even explained it on the podcast before. I had a dream or vision or experience where all of us were in that house and there was some kind of evil presence that came into the house when I came in, and there was like this dull, throbbing drone and I fell to the ground and it was like there was one thousand pounds on me, all over my body. I couldn't move, a sleep paralysis, frozen to the floor, and all I could do was look over and I could see your mom. She was frozen to the floor, and Amber, your sister was frozen to the floor. And you were frozen to the floor. And it was like there's an evil presence here. And I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. And eventually I, you know, I had the presence of mind and say, no, you have no authority over me. You cannot be here. My gondolf storm grow. Yeah, it was like that. And I said that, and immediately the drone stopped and we were able to get up.
Speaker 3: So that story freaked me out. Yeah, you told me that I was probably too young to hear anything like that. But we were living at the other house that we lived in that same town, Yeah, and Bitterroot, and they were redoing the road and one of those big pavement roller things came by and I was home. I had a fever. Do you remember this. We had our floors because I flooded the house. I didn't do it on purpose. It was like a weird fluke thing, but it was my fault, and I flooded the house. We had all the floors up, so and I had a fever and I stayed home. I'm home by myself, and all of a sudden, the whole place is everything's shaken. Pictures are falling off the wall, and everything's like uneven because it's just sub floor. And I'm like, oh my gosh, this is what Dad just.
Speaker 2: Told me about.
Speaker 3: Did I have a fever? So my brain's a little messed up. It was one of those those rollers, and I thought for sure shit was going down.
Speaker 2: The devil was there.
Speaker 3: It was a rapture, fire was going to come out of a sewer or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know it well. You know, it's kind of cool because from a religious aspect, because I am a spiritual person, right and I have a believe set. It's like it does give me a different perspective that kind of helps me not be overly afraid. You know, we go bigfoot hunting or if we're looking for aliens or for out you know, trying to find ghosts or whatever, I don't have like terror. It's like maybe I feel kind of like I've got protection. Maybe I'm stupid, but it doesn't quite bug me as much as I think it does some people. And I really believe in the spiritual realm, and because of that, I tend to have those kind of goggles on when I think about ghosts or entities or even demons or aliens or bigfoot whatever. I can't help it. I mean, they're on, and so I think of them through those lenses. And it's really nice to not be totally afraid and to be able to go out and check some of these things out, because some of the things are If I didn't have, that would be terrifying. I mean, the whole idea of like these demons that could tear up my life, that are after my soul and my destruction, my eternal destruction. I mean, that's a terrifying thought if you don't have any kind of you know, armor or buffer to prevent that from taking place. And I definitely wouldn't want to be out, you know, tempting fate with these entities or creatures. If that didn't exist, I would.
Speaker 3: Say, like when we're quote unquote bigfoot hunting or you know, walking around in the dark in the woods and kind of putting ourselves in some kind of proscrictious situations. Yeah, for sure, I'm a little more afraid of maybe like bumping a badger while spooking a bear up or mountain lion or something that I am of an actual bigfoot coming after, which might be my demise. But yeah, it doesn't scare me so much. Then maybe it's ignorance, and maybe it is a biological animal monkey. But yeah, I mean, if it was, I wouldn't be as afraid as I would be awestruck. I might shoot it.
Speaker 2: But out of defense, only defense and fame. Well, anyway, I think we pretty much beat this dead horse with a rubber stick.
Speaker 3: So give me your your total conclusion of ghosts, Like if you had to sum up, Hey, Mike, what's ghosts?
Speaker 2: You know? I don't know. I don't know. I do know that from my let's say, religious background, I do know that it was strictly forbidden for people to go out and try to find some kind of secret information from a diviner or necromancer from the dead. Basically, do not mess with the dead stuff. And I do think there's a link there to the possibility that there are spirits in the spirit realm that are bad, that are out for no good and they want to lead you astray. I do believe that. So as far as like whether or not you can come in contact with a dead human and have them give you information, I don't know. We have that one example of the Witch of Indoor somehow being able to channel that, and that's in First Samuel. I believe, starting in like chapter twenty eight, there is that story where that did happen. I don't know if that was a one time exception or if that's something that can happen now. I don't know. So I do believe that there is an afterlife for our souls, and at least in that one, okay, it crossed over. Now, there are all kinds of stories in like different ethnic groups about like the Day of the Dead or whatever, where the veil between this life and the afterlife becomes thin and spirits can cross over. It's the whole idea of Halloween. So I'm not sure about the human spirits. I do believe there are demonic spirits or fallen angels or disembodied nephelum that are looking for houses to live in, bodies to inhabit, or ways to interact with humans that lead them to destruction. So I do believe in that. I know there's that famous verse where you know that Satan himself can appear as an angel of light to lead people astray. So I think you gotta be really careful. So you know, when I go out, I have mixed emotions when we go out on like a paranormal adventure, because part of me is like, I don't want secret knowledge from beyond, but I do want to pass on information that maybe helps people that are like stuck in a rut where they're trying to seek out information from entities or things that could be nefarious and bad. I just would say, don't do it. If you want to go out and go do a paranormal adventure, go with an optimistic mind to find truth and not to try to find you know, some kind of of strained special knowledge.
Speaker 3: But it makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's kind of where i'd wrap up. I guess I don't know what about you.
Speaker 3: I think in my mind it's like ninety five nine percent. I mean, it's mostly confirmation bias and psychological disorders. It's like you know you'd lost a loved one and you have a dream that night that they come and tell you I'm okay, And that's your brain filling in the gaps, whether or not you want to or not, and vice versa. You know it's.
Speaker 2: Terrible, don't do it, don't do drugs.
Speaker 3: Whatever, it's your brain kind of like filling in these gaps. Same with seeing something somewhere. You're in this morning process, you're depressed, your brain's you might not be sleeping well, you know, your brain's kind of like just compensating for your your lacking of understanding. But I think there is a time or a few times, like you mentioned biblically or even just stories, where somebody has like a weird experience, you know, where there there's a possession or there's you know, something truly weird with what's going on. And maybe it is in places where there's a lot of traumatic events, like a prison. Sometimes I think it's like a location where something terrible happened, and that just draws in people who are into those kinds of things, not that they're into murdering people, but that they're open to the idea of evil being so powerful. I think that might make it so that things that are maybe beyond our world can kind of manifest in these things.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're right there. You know, people want to go to places where weird things happen. There's nostalgia about those places. There's like a well you could call it a spirit. There's a spirit about those places that people are intrigued by and they want to experience it.
Speaker 3: And you hear stories all the time of like a guy murdered his family on a farm and then commit suicide and it was in the news, and then people traveled from all over the countries to see that, to go see that place and maybe like steal a piece of the like maybe steal a plate or a knife, right whatever from the l.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what we did when we went to the Idaho State Penitentiary.
Speaker 3: I didn't steal anything.
Speaker 2: Well, no, no, But what I'm saying is that people went there because or we went there because we knew that it was supposedly a place where bad things happened. They were like these.
Speaker 3: Defections, definitely a place where bad things happened because at prison. Yeah, there's a lot of stuff in like the early nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy. Well, we beat this horse pretty good. I don't know if we need to answered.
Speaker 3: Anything super nefarious horse.
Speaker 2: If you were going to leave our listeners with something, what would you leave them. I think I'd say something like, be careful, be wise, don't get it over your head, don't pursue things that could cause mischief in your life.
Speaker 3: That's not the guy who told me about the incubust thing. He said, I heard you went on a ghost adventure, your ghost hunting tour. I heard your ghostbuster or something. And then he said, told me that whole story about the incubists, Raven the girl. And then he basically said, you need to be careful because stuff like that can stay with you.
Speaker 2: So I noticed when we were there they told us don't then try to antagonize things because they can follow you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, good luck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the science is super fast. But you know, I don't want to tempt I don't want to, like challenge forces and principalities. I don't know what these things are. In some aspect, I want to know if they're real, but I don't want to challenge them. I don't want to bait them. If they are these creatures that were created with abilities, powers, whatever they are, I don't want to challenge them and try to get them to react. To me in a way that's negative, But I would like to have knowledge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the fine line. I think too. It's like, you want to study bears, but eventually, you know you're going to invade the bear and you're gonna you know, you're going to push your limits a little bit. Yeah, you want to take pictures and pictures and pictures, and eventually it's going to be you took a picture of the cub and the mam was there, and I got mad at.
Speaker 2: You and it was a grizzly or a polar bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something in and it's out of it's more powerful than you can you can handle. But at the same time, because of our religion, and maybe to some it might be ignorance, but because of our religion and my faith set, I feel as though nothing in that realm is capable of correctly affecting me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would have to go through a different kind of shield.
Speaker 3: It might scare the living shit out of me, but I believe that it's basically like almost afraid of me because of.
Speaker 2: Your faith, my faith. Yeah, you know, and I kind of wonder that too. Sometimes. Maybe that's why we don't experience as much as we want is because you know, we're like ghost kryptonite or something. I think faith is good, but I don't want to go out and say, oh yeah, I have super faith, so they're frighting go out and like and poke all these bears without getting my face bit off, you know, Michael or ghost poker, ghost Poker. I don't know, you know what we should close this off. We've talked a long time. We got lots of stuff, and I don't know if we answered any questions, but hopefully we made people think about it. What did they think of when they think of ghosts? And I don't know, maybe some of our listeners have really cool stories that they'd like to share with us. I'd love to hear the stories of this encounters with entities, ghosts, whatever.
Speaker 3: And any well written ghost story I think is potential good content for our show. Yeah, yeah, I think definitely good shows episodes about just people write in messages about ghost stories, Bigfoot sketch watch.
Speaker 2: Any of the encounters you've had. We would love to share those and get them out there. And maybe you've had a different maybe have a totally different idea or opinion, and we'd love to hear that too.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the Illuminati, you were Joe Biden or something that's haunting you. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Your live dog face pony soldiers. I don't know about that. But anyway, why don't you close us out before I talk any more longer and I lose my voice and I can't sleep tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, I think before we go to bed, we need to remind our friends to go unlike us, like us, thumbs up US, thumbs up US, and follow us and rate us unless it's negative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, give us good reviews and stuff.
Speaker 2: Helps our podcast out and tell your friends about us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to our go to our website, check us out, do some stuff there. We got some merchant on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm still way behind on our website. Take so much time to do this. I mean, we do the recordings, we we have to edit them, get them together, get them up and get them out, and then do the little artwork that we do. And then it's like, man, I just can't quite get to the to the website and update everything. It's like I'm like two episodes behind. But I'll keep trying.
Speaker 3: Yep, But check it out. Maybe if you guys help us out enough, we can be able to keep up on stuff better. Yeah, maybe, just maybe.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Join us next time for some cold drinks and some strange conversations.
Speaker 2: Sounds good, Taters,