Speaker 1: So it was January fifth, nineteen ninety two, right, I believe that's great.
Speaker 2: And on Sunday, Sunday evening, Yes.
Speaker 3: Ed, were you at the video story of that year?
Speaker 2: Yes, I was, certainly it was.
Speaker 3: It was after dark, the dead of winter. Kelly day Wilson, a small town girl from Gilmer, Texas, was finishing up work for the night with her boss, Joe Henry. They were alone at Northeast Texas Video, a movie rental store on the town square in Gilmour.
Speaker 2: We closed the store about eight pm. That was an normal time to close. I went in the back. Kelly stayed up front and do all the reconciling, the cash door and all.
Speaker 4: That stuff, you know, for today. I go on back in a VCR stuff ready. And when she gets done, and she comes back there and we go out the back door.
Speaker 2: Set the alarm.
Speaker 4: She goes around, throws the trash away, and when she comes back around, I say you open tomorrow and she says yes, And I said, okay, I'll see you.
Speaker 3: Joe had a pickup truck, Kelly an eighty five Dodge Charger complete with gold paint. Both vehicles were parked on a side street next to the video store just across from the Upshur County Courthouse in the middle of town. It was around eight thirty pm when Joe says they left the store. He and Kelly went their separate ways, and I got.
Speaker 2: A muchat She got in her car and rased as I says.
Speaker 3: What happened next, That depends on who you ask. It's a haunting, unsolved mystery that would destroy lives, terrorize a town, and go on to confound me and many others for thirty years. What we do know is around ten o'clock that night, Kelly's mom, Kathy, was already getting worried. She was angry too. Kelly was a popular girl, had a busy social life, but it wasn't like her not to call, at the very least to let her family know she wasn't coming home. The next morning, Kelly still hadn't shown up. Her stepdad, Robert, went out to search the street before dawn. The family lived just two minutes from the courthouse square. That's where Robert found Kelly's car park beside the video store. The doors of her Dodge Charger were unlocked. One of the tires was slashed. Most troubling of all, Kelly's purse was still there inside the vehicle. There was no sign of a struggle. As for Kelly herself, this girl of seventeen, a senior at Gilmour High School, she was just gone.
Speaker 5: I mean, a little town like this, you can just imagine one of them impact it had.
Speaker 3: They were just.
Speaker 6: Bump fuzzes.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, this girl just vanished into the na.
Speaker 3: I remember when Kelly Wilson disappeared, because I grew up about twenty miles down the road from Gilmour. If you look at a map, the town is a straight shot east of Dallas, a two hour drive. To get here, you have to leave behind the big skies and open prairies of Texas myth and venture into the piney woods on the eastern edge of the state, where tall pine trees blanket the hills and secrets hide in the shadows. Even though I was a kid back then, twelve years old, I'll never forget the search for Kelly. There were stories on the front page of the local paper, reward money and billboards begging for clues. Kelly's school portrait was posted everywhere. She was pretty, blonde, had big hair. At first, the investigation seemed to go nowhere. Then it took a shocking turn. It's an unsolved mystery out of Upshur County involving law enforcement, a Satanic cult, and a missing girl.
Speaker 7: Following the story that would give the small East Texas town of Gilmour national exposure, but not.
Speaker 6: The good kind.
Speaker 3: Although we were all obsessed with Kelly's story, I guess I was too young to fully understand what was going on in Gilmer at the time. I just knew it was bad. There were reports of cannibalism, devil worship, a family of murderers hiding in the forests outside of town.
Speaker 7: It was believed they were part of a Satana cold and had kidnapped, raped, and murdered Kelly. Claims made they had kept her alive for at least nine days, keeping her in a shed and even a toolbox before killing her.
Speaker 8: On a daily basis, they would take Kelly out of the shed and take her down to this circle and string her up on the tree, and they do these horrible things to her, bring her back shackling run.
Speaker 3: East Texas. It's a pretty place, but with all those pine trees, you never really know who's out there deep in the woods. Or what they're up to. In the little town of Gilmer, the story of a lost girl became so much more so out of control. No one really knew what was real and what was madness.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's just so many twists and turns, and.
Speaker 3: It is so sensational them In this series, you'll hear about when Kelly went missing and how a town got turned upside down, allegations of unspeakable evil, mass hysteria, stolen evidence, and maybe even some good old fashioned local corruption. I don't know if Kelly will ever come home, if she's living or dead, if any of the crazy stories about cannibalism, Satan worship and more actually happened. But I'm here to find out everything I can about Kelly and get the truth or as close to it as the locals dare. From Imperative Entertainment, I'm Wes Ferguson. This is Deviltown. This is Chapter one Gone.
Speaker 9: Hello, Hey Anna, Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 2: It's going great.
Speaker 10: Most of the time.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what day it is.
Speaker 9: Well that sounds pretty good, isn't that fun?
Speaker 3: This is Anna Pasino Walker. She's retired now, but Anna was the editor of My Hometown newspaper for a long time. She hired me as a reporter when I was just nineteen years old, my first break. I don't think it would embarrass her too much to say that she was basically my second mom back then.
Speaker 9: You were my first editor.
Speaker 3: You're the one who turned me into an actual writer, and I don't You probably don't remember this, but you said, hey, you're the crime reporter.
Speaker 9: Maybe you'll find Kelly Wilson.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 10: I don't remember, but it sounds like something I would say, you know, Wes. Every time that I hear or see in the paper, you know, remains where found anywhere in the East Texas area, I'm like, is that Kelly? It's gonna be Kelly. I wonder if it's Kelly on.
Speaker 3: A move to East Texas with her husband Paul and their kids, just a year or two before Kelly disappeared.
Speaker 10: At that time, Leona, our oldest was sixteen years old, so it was really close to home, and those the details of those things were just you know, you can be a hard age newspaper person, but you also you're also human. That's just something that you don't even want to think about.
Speaker 6: As a parent.
Speaker 3: It sticks with you despite my boss's encouragement. I didn't find Kelly as the local crime reporter. I was too busy chasing ambulances and car crashes, drug busts and burning buildings, the stuff that's got to get done when every morning there's another newspaper to fill up with stories. But I never stopped thinking about Kelly. It's been three decades since she disappeared. If she's dead, her body has never been found. No one has ever been convicted of killing her. It's left this void that people still feel. As I get older, I also realized that I never really knew anything about Kelly as a person, beyond the platitudes offered up in news clips. It's like her bright, smiling portrait on the news was turned into a symbol of victimhood, and that doesn't feel right at all. Who was Kelly as a daughter, a friend? And while we're at it, who knows what clues her loved ones might share if someone would just ask.
Speaker 9: I was twelve years old when Kelly Wilson disappeared, and I remember it, you know, just not all the details, but I remember like, oh my god, this is happening just a couple towns up from my house.
Speaker 3: And then when I.
Speaker 1: Was in college, I met a girl from outside gilmert out in the woods, and I remember like riding around in her white pickup truck while she's telling me, like, out in these trees there the devil worshippers.
Speaker 9: You know in Cannibals.
Speaker 3: Just now that I'm an adult and I just want to know what really happened.
Speaker 10: Have you talked to Philip Williams?
Speaker 3: Hmm, good idea. Last spring I went home back to East Texas. I drove up to Gilmer one morning from my mom's house to see what I could find out. Sure enough, my first stop was to see Philip Williams. You have a way of introducing the town and explaining it to people that I haven't been to.
Speaker 2: Well, I would just be delighted to do that.
Speaker 5: Since I can walk out the back door of this farge store I owned to the place where I was born in about two minutes, so I'm given born in Bred. I have lived here all but six months of my life.
Speaker 3: Philip is kind of like Gilmer's unofficial ambassador. He's been a local news reporter for decades, which is how I know him. On Deadline, he files stories from a little family owned furniture store right off the town.
Speaker 5: Square is a small town in northeast Texas of about five thousand, and they started to festival coll Theambry, which continues to this day. It's held every October and draws thousands of people. And that's probably the most notable thing about it.
Speaker 3: There's a yam queen and a barn dance. I've been. It's fun. Philip wrote a lot of stories about Kelly Wilson.
Speaker 5: If you told me all that was gonna happen, We're going to have a seventeen year old girl advanced to then air and one of my best friends in high school is going to be the last guy seen with it. I would have thought you were a good candidate for a statemental hospital. But it all happened and I was right in the middle, cover and all of it.
Speaker 3: Philip's friend is Joe Henry, the video store manager.
Speaker 5: Well, I've known him for over fifty years. Like I said, I saw him today. I want to bring out some diet drink Cities place and I are still good friends. Joe has always been a very hard working person. He was fascinated by movies and back when we had video cassettes, there was a video store here in Gilbert where he was the manager and Kelly Wilson worked. Joe would have been willing to do his twenties then, and she was sixteen or seventy.
Speaker 3: Joe was actually thirty six at the time Kelly was seventeen.
Speaker 5: He just hadn't to be in wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 3: The movie store closed a long time ago, but Joe still grills Hamburgers around the block right across the street from the County Courthouse.
Speaker 5: Joe Hetty's Hamburger place back then too. It's been in Vena since nineteen seventy four, but he also was managing that video store. He workoholic basically, and a good guy.
Speaker 3: After I left Phillip's Furniture Store, I walked over to the Hamburger joint, but not before stopping on a street corner outside the video store where Kelly was last seen. These days, the building is not much to look at, just an old brick storefront. Then I rounded the corner and there was Joe's placed Brittain Street from the court house, gone up the steps, big juicy hamburgers. It was kind of dark inside, just a long, narrow room plus a big window that opened up to the kitchen. In the back, all the wall space was covered with movie posters from Hollywood's Golden Age. To my left, all these blue collar guys were sitting in a row of old theater seats. They were all chowing burgers and watching an old timey black and white movie playing on the TV above the soft drinks on the right side wall. Way in the back, a little guy with thin gray hair was manning the grill. The grill was sizzling. I was worried that Joe wouldn't want to talk. He's often been named as a suspect in Kelly's disappearance, at least on message boards where Internet sleuths hang out and parse the clues of the case. Instead of introducing myself, I placed an order.
Speaker 2: Or can I keep you?
Speaker 3: I'd like a cheeseburger and fries.
Speaker 2: All playing yes, okay, you do am now, thank.
Speaker 3: You, thank you. I joined the guys eating burgers from the theater seats. We watched an old movie about tourists in Hawaii. I waited for the lunch rush to pass. I didn't want to bug you earlier because I could tell how busy you were, probably sick of talking about it. But I just wanted to.
Speaker 1: Introduce myself in and see if there would be a time maybe you would be willing to chat with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so. Do you think it might be okay today?
Speaker 11: Three?
Speaker 2: If you won't to you? Yeah, okay, you want to come in? Yeah, sir, come on in, all right, all right, all right, thank you, I'll be back.
Speaker 1: You're well delicious burger well a hammer.
Speaker 3: When I came back later that afternoon, Joe handed me a bottle of water and sat down in one of the theater seats. He was an older guy in his sixties, a little stooped and a great T shirt spattered in burger grease. He sighed deeply.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I just can't begin to tell you. This has just been an unbelievable thing.
Speaker 4: It is just it's almost saw something of crazy fictional story.
Speaker 3: Joe explained that back in the early nineties, he was basically the manager of the movie store Northeast Texas Video. He was more of a business partner than an employee, getting paid fifty percent of every rental. He also made side money repairing VCRs. Kelly worked the cash register, reshelved movies, kept the place clean, Over time, Joe says he and Kelly got kind of close.
Speaker 4: Well, very bubbly personality, you know. Friendly at Bobby's the best word I.
Speaker 2: Can come up with. And friends to a lot.
Speaker 4: Of people, tue sins and guys that were not I wouldn't say the best in the world.
Speaker 3: Eventually, Kelly also began to confide in Joe.
Speaker 2: Yes, she did about the divorce a lot.
Speaker 4: She was just very upset about her mom and dad's divorce, very very sword just a sticky divorce, just not a good, not a good, pleasant divorce.
Speaker 3: Yes, Kelly's parents had split up six or seven years earlier. The custody battle had been very ugly, with both parents fighting to keep Kelly and her little brother Kyle. For a while, the siblings lived with their dad, Robbie, in Nakodish, Louisiana, but they ended up with their mom, Kathy in East Texas. Eventually, both parents remarried, but during her senior year, Kelly couldn't decide which set of parents to live with. That winter, she told her friends she was moving back to Louisiana to be with her dad and stepmom Waverin.
Speaker 12: She wanted to.
Speaker 4: Leave after Christmas break and go to live with her dad. One night of there, she was really to say. She was crying and she said, I just don't want to leave. Well, you don't have to leave. I mean, you know, it's no big deal. And so that was sometime in December, and I think she basically wanted to stay and graduate with her friends. But her mom and dad had a pretty bad divorce and it was pretty uh you call it uh tomon if she was that, that's a good word.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't good, and cand it was very had been very upset about that.
Speaker 11: We ended up spending the Christmas holidays together in New Orleans.
Speaker 3: That's Kelly's dad, Robbie.
Speaker 11: We stayed in the French Quarter. We had a chance to have a couple of long talks, and she wasn't happy there, so she wanted to come back, and I was reluctant to let her come back because I didn't think it was healthy for her to just just yo yoing back and forth. And I listened to her argument she wanted to finish school with her legacy friends here but that she growed up with, and I kind of understood that.
Speaker 3: Even though Robbie was sympathetic to his daughter's wishes. He also took some convincing the last time she lived under his roof, things hadn't ended well.
Speaker 11: She didn't leave my custody under really great circumstances. She was angry with her dad because her dad had some rules, and I, you know, I tried to teach her some discipline. You know, she couldn't just run the road. She had to be a you know, she had to meet curfew, she had to do her do her lessons. You know. That's uh. Plus her mother was just you know, steadily agitating the situation. Like I said, it was a very contentious wow cushion fact.
Speaker 3: For the record, Kelly's mom declined to speak with me, so we're only hearing Robbie's point of view for now.
Speaker 11: You know, I was not thrilled about them moving moving up there with her mom because I knew she wasn't gonna she just wasn't going to keep them disciplined like I would be. And I'm not I'm not a I wasn't that tough on, trust me, but I did. I did have some rules that I expected the fall.
Speaker 3: Robbie says he finally relented Kelly could move back in with him and Waverlin, her step mom, to finish her senior year and go to college in Louisiana within state tuition.
Speaker 11: She was a week away from moving back starting the spring semester here.
Speaker 2: Do you know how how her mom took that news?
Speaker 11: Not well, but I think she agreed to let her come back. I mean, I don't think she was going to stop it or could stop it. So, you know, once I said she was given that, I mean, Kelly could. Kelly could be a handful. She was giving them hell, they were ready for her to leave. She could stir things up, acting out, you know, the same way she did here here when she wanted to go there. You know what I mean, she was She was She's a tarist. She was legitimately, you know, headstrong like that.
Speaker 3: During that heart to heart in the French Quarter, Kelly also told her dad something that to this day has stuck with him.
Speaker 11: But she told me that night that there was there were some things going on there that she needed to she just needed to share with me. At some point in time, She said, I wouldn't like it, and I don't worked out of the way it was. I wouldn't need to know. At some point in time she really wanted to get out of there and come back here.
Speaker 2: You still don't know what that was.
Speaker 11: But no idea never did to get a chance to talk to her again.
Speaker 3: So Kelly told her manager Joe Henry that she wanted to stay in Gilmer. She told her dad she wanted to move back to Nakedish. She also told Robbie that she had a secret she needed to share, something he wouldn't be happy about. Whatever the secret, whatever the truth, Kelly returned to East Texas after her Christmas vacation in New Orleans, either to pack her bags or get ready for her last semester at Gilmour High School, home of the Buck Guys. But school wasn't starting back up just yet.
Speaker 13: I'm not gonna lie. You know. We were trying to the party, you know, we were going to parties together, or going to the lake together, or you know, doing all those fun things silly girls did back in the nineties.
Speaker 3: That's Kelly's friend Lee, She was a senior that year too.
Speaker 6: Everyone thought we were so bad. Like I remember being like, you know, we were, you know.
Speaker 13: The wild group, And I look back at it and I'm like, we were not wild.
Speaker 6: Like that was so innocent.
Speaker 3: Lee and Kelly had been friends since Kelly showed up in Gilmour a couple of years earlier. Gilmer's not a big place, so a new girl in town was noteworthy.
Speaker 13: I just remember her moving to school, you know, and you know, we only I mean, I can probably count on one hand how many girls, you know, our age, or kids our age moved in to our school and actually stayed. And she was just one of those girls. And she moved in and you know, I feel like I probably had a class with her or something, and we were just fast friends. She just, you know, she was just one of those girls. She was just a fun always happy, you know, she was cute, just you know, one of those girls that fit in, I think with everyone. And I can remember like being at school and like gathering up all of our coin change so we would have enough money to go, you know, cruise around after school and stuff, or cruise around.
Speaker 6: On a Friday nine.
Speaker 3: Back in town after Christmas and New Year's, Kelly had somehow heard about a party outside of town. It was on a Sunday night, but with no school the next day, she didn't want to miss it.
Speaker 13: So I was supposed to go to a party with her that night, and I don't remember where the party was. I feel like I didn't even know who it was. It was like a party in a different count.
Speaker 3: Kelly was always meeting new people. She just had that personality. It didn't hurt that she worked at one of the only video stores for miles around. Teens from other communities in the area were always driving into Gilmer to rent movies at Northeast Texas Video, where they were introduced to this friendly girl, Kelly, who'd never met a stranger.
Speaker 6: She had friends we didn't even know she had.
Speaker 13: And then I always just kind of thought, because she worked at the movie store, she met people, and so I think a lot of people came in she connected with that. You know, I never even came across because she was she was so friendly, so nice.
Speaker 6: I worked at the shop.
Speaker 3: At the time, that's the local pharmacy, and she worked.
Speaker 6: At the movie store at the time.
Speaker 13: We had talked about getting together and going to that party, and I was like, Okay.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll just meet to.
Speaker 13: You, you know, after work, And when I caught off work, I drove by and she was still in their vacuuming because I could see her through the front windows. I've gotten something all over me.
Speaker 12: She had to go home because she got something on her clothes.
Speaker 3: That's Kelly and Lee's other friend, Michelle.
Speaker 13: And so I was like, you know what, since she's still vacuuming, I'm going to run home and change. And when I got home, i'd say it was eight thirty. Between eight thirty and eight forty five. My mom said I couldn't go to the party, and then like shortly after, my mom was no, you're not going.
Speaker 6: It's too late to go out now. No no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 13: And I was like, damn, I should have just never come home, you know, I should have gone straight to Kelly's.
Speaker 3: Lee was stuck at home. Michelle was also home that night, but not because her parents were strict. Michelle was probably Kelly's first friend in Gilmer. They met when Kelly and her mom were still unloading boxes to move into their home.
Speaker 12: It was when she had first arrived in a town. She didn't quite know anybody yet.
Speaker 6: So I got to.
Speaker 12: Talking to she and her mom, and I ended up helping him move because they were moving, and we became fast friends. And Kelly was just outgoing. She laughed a lot she was always had a positive attitude. She was just fun, but she was also a good listener, like she had to issue or problem.
Speaker 3: During their junior year, Michelle had some big stuff to deal with.
Speaker 12: I ended up actually getting pregnant high school, which is never fun. And Kelly really rallied behind me and stood by my side and was a real great friend of mine through my pregnancy and me and my baby actually moved in with she and her mom for a short period of time when my daughter was about six months old.
Speaker 3: Kelly was selfless, her generosity went way beyond the average teenagers.
Speaker 12: With Kelly and not being closed, I think I was venting to her about issues I was having at home, and she was very concerned about that, especially since I had Taylor. And she actually came home with me a couple of days, like two or three days, because she said she wanted to kind of observe and see for herself. Kelly and her mother approached me and said, it really isn't a good environment and if you'd like to move in with us, we'd be happy to have you move in with us and help you with Taylor and provide a good environment for the both of you.
Speaker 3: The house became a refuge for Michelle and her baby daughter, Taylor.
Speaker 12: I it was a wonderful home life. It was so refreshing for me compared to the home life that I had. It was a very normal home life. Actually I didn't have a car. Kelly did, so she would take me to pick up Taylor that's my daughter's name. If I needed to go to the grocery store to get baby food or whatever, I mean, Kelly took me. It was It was always just fun because Kelly and her mother instead of dwelling on any negativity, there's just a lot of laughter. And they would help me feed Taylor. Kelly's mom actually taught me a lot about taking care of Taylor Too's helped me choose different foods, and it was just it was a very wonderful experience being able to come home and have that mother figure. And Kelly was very motherly too. She was like I kind of always described her as an old soul because you know, she recognized right away that I had in need and wanted to fulfill it. And a lot of teenagers aren't like that. If you're not fulfilling their needs, they're going to move on. And she wasn't that way. She wanted to be the one to be helpful and fulfill somebody else's needs. And I felt like she was always very pure, defective of me and shielded me, I think, from a lot of negativity because she wanted Taylor and I to have a good start. That's what kind of friend Kelly was.
Speaker 3: The way Michelle talks about Kelly and her home life in Gilmer, it's basically the opposite of what I was told by Kelly's dad, Robbie. I'm not really sure what to make of that. Michelle does not remember Kelly and her mom, Kathy, having a troubled relationship, especially not the way Kelly's dad, Robbie describes it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 12: Kelly and her mom, I always saw it as positive because they were both so positive with me and maybe, and let me tell you, teenage girls oftentimes don't get along with their moms, right, But I'm sure there were times that they didn't, but it never happened when I was there. Both of them their focus was on me, helping me, teaching me, and they really gave me a big boost in life. Kelly's mom is the one who gave me the confidence to be a mother, all I remember about all of that is positivity. And I don't remember one argument between Kelly and her mother. That doesn't mean there wasn't one. It just probably means that I didn't think twice about it if they got aggravated with each other, because my home life was a lot worse.
Speaker 6: But there was not a good relationship with her dad.
Speaker 12: We spent many hours in her bedroom with her crying sometimes about her dad, and I honestly can't remember all the specifics, but she was very torn because she wanted to go to LSU really really bad.
Speaker 3: To qualify for in state tuition at Louisiana State University, Kelly couldn't stay in Gilmer, Texas she needed to move back in with Robbie across the state line in Louisiana.
Speaker 12: Money was a big factor for her dad, and he kind of held a lot of things over her head and said, well, I'll do this for you if you moved back with me. It was always a bargain, and he wanted her to not be with Kathy and be with him, but she wanted to live in Gilmer with her friends and her mom. But she also had that goal of wanting to go to LSU. So she was so torn.
Speaker 3: By then, Michelle was living with her parents again with all of her responsibilities as a mom. Michelle hadn't seen Kelly that much during their senior year.
Speaker 12: I was not living with her, and we were not talking on a daily basis, and she had gotten really close to other friends. In December, it was the very last time. I think it was the very last time I saw her. Me and another girlfriend went over to her house. A guy she was very close with, Josh, was back in town, and so we all got together over there, and she was very upset that day because she was torn and didn't know what to do because it was down to the wire and she had to move back to our dad's if she wanted to go to LSU. We were all out of loss and didn't know what to tell her to do. So it was just kind of that time we all had together was not a great mating because she was upset.
Speaker 3: That last hangout with Michelle and Josh. An ex boyfriend of Kelly's, happened sometime in December, just five days into the new year. Kelly was supposed to go to that other party, the one outside of town, with her friend Lee.
Speaker 13: I didn't even I don't even remember who was having a party, but I didn't really know anyone out there. I had just seen this cute boy was asking if he was going to go, So that's why I wanted to go. I was like, Hey, when I get off work, I'll just come up to the video store and we can either go to your house if you need.
Speaker 6: To, or just leave from there.
Speaker 13: And so, you know, that's really about all I can remember, to tell you the truth, I just saw her vacuuming. I saw her car on the side of the video store. I remember seeing her car on the side of the video store. I did not, you know, it was dark. I did not look, you know, I didn't see if tires were slashed or anything like that. I didn't look hard enough for that. But I remember seeing her car parts on the side of the video store. And then I pulled around to the front and she was, you know, just in the front of the store of vacuuming.
Speaker 3: From what I understand, Kelly never showed at that party with her dad Robbie expecting her in Louisiana, It's possible that Kelly still hadn't made up her mind about whether to leave Gilmour We didn't know where she was, whose lives might be destroyed, or what kind of evil lurked in the shadows of all those pines.
Speaker 5: None of us foresaw this thing mus rooming into the big controversy that Edma Cain.
Speaker 3: Coming up this season on Deviltown.
Speaker 12: It's much bigger than anybody could anticipate. If one girl could expose what's going on and bring that many powerful people down, She's not going to survive. Kelly was snatched off the Gilmer Square. She was a sweet young girl. It wasn't a random act. We all know it wasn't random, so that means there had to be a reason behind it.
Speaker 1: From seven years old, my head's been full of devil worshiping, killers, cannibalism, sexual misconduct.
Speaker 14: I was a good guy and then all of a sudden, I'm in jail going I'm killing eight to seventeen year old girl and sacrifice ten babies to the devil.
Speaker 3: Deviltown is a production of Imperative Entertainment. It was written and created by me Wes Ferguson. Executive producer is Jason Hoak, Audio engineering and editing by Shane Freeman and Jason Hoak. Original score is by Robert Ellis, recording by Austin Sisler at east Side Studios. If you like the show, leave a review, and don't forget to tell your friends thanks for