Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the idea is expressed.
Speaker 2: The following is a paid program.
Speaker 1: Wr's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now, if we want to have good brain function, we need to have good hormones. Hormones are very important. There's a lot of different types of hormones. Let's go over the big ones. Now, some people don't realize this, but vitamin D is a hormone. It's not a vitamin. It's not like vitamin A or B or C. Vitamin D is actually a hormone. Okay, So a hormone can be achieved through sunlight. The sun is powerful, So the sun will actually increase vitamin D levels. When vitamin D levels increase, that means that you're gonna have a better immune system, your thyroid's gonna function better, your energy will be higher, your brain will function at a higher level. One of the most common findings with people with Alzheimer's disease is they have vitamin D deficient. One of the most common findings of people who have thyroid problems are vitamin D deficient. One of the most common problems of people who died from COVID was vitamin D deficiency because it weakens your immune system. That's how important vitamin D is. So do you want up good brain, the good thyroid, good immune system, you better increase your vitamin D levels. And we get it from the sun. And so go lots on vacation. Go down south, go to California, go to Florida, Go to Mexico, go to the Caribbean, go to South America, go to Africa, go to India, go to the equator. The closer to the equator, the stronger the sun, and you'll get more vitamin D. Okay, and just go outside. Even though we're up north right, So I'm doing this from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania areas. So we're northern states and we get less sunlight. So you got to go outside during your lunch. So hopefully you get a lunch you know, twelve one, two o'clock where the sun's strongest, and Joe's go outside for ten minutes. You have to spend a whole hour out there, but every day go outside for ten minutes. Take advantage of the sunlight. So go in the morning when the sun rises, so the brain increases vitamin D increases energy. Then as the sun sets, go outside for ten minutes so your brain can relax, go to sleep, can heal. And then ten minutes in the middle of the day where the strong the sun is strongest to maximize your vitamin D potential. So that is for your hormones, vitamin D. Get outside, take a vacation, and you got to expose your body parts. Meaning if you look out the window, Nope, you're not getting the vitamin D. If you wear glasses, you're not getting the vitamin D. The glasses are literally blocking the sun. The sun has to go directly to your pupil. The black circle in the middle of your eye, that's a hole for the sun to get to the brain. It's got to go through that hole. And if it's covered with glasses, and I don't care if they're reading glasses, far distance glasses, sunglasses, contact lenses, anything that covers your eye, whether it's clear or not. It's gonna block that hole and the sunlight is not gonna get in that hole, and then you're not gonna get the proper vitamin D. So you have to make sure that you're getting the proper vitamin D by taking off your glasses, take off your hat, roll up your sleep, roll up your pant legs, get your eyes exposed, get your skin exposed. That's how you can absorb vitamin D. And if you want to prevent Alzheimer's, you want to prevent dementia, you need vitamin D. You want to prevent COVID cancer, getting sick, you need vitamin D. You want to fix your thyroid problem, hormone problem, you need vitamin D. So get out in the sun. That's doctor's orders. More important than any prescription you'll ever take is going out in the sun. It will boost your mood. There's something called seasonal affect disorder where in the winter, because there's less vitamin D, people get depressed. It literally affects your mood. So you need sun. It'll boost your brain power. We need vitamin D. Take advantage the sun is free. Just go outside. You can do it on your own. And if you are stuck inside. You know, whatever it is. You got a job where they don't let you out for lunch, maybe you need a new job. But get your vitamin D. If you gotta supplement, don't go with a Whole Foods Vitamin shop GNC, CBS. Don't buy supplements in these stores that have mass production. The only vitamin D that I would ever take, and that I suggest for my family, friends and patients, is from Apex Energetics. If you're gonna take a supplement, only take quality stuff. Ninety nine percent of supplements are horrible. They're full of contaminants, purities, toxins, fillers, sugar, food dye. It's crazy ingredients. Stay away from all these supplements. Don't think you're being healthy by taking supplements. The healthiest people take the least supplements. The healthiest people take the least herbs, the least ivs, the least injections, the least vitamins, the least supplements, the least medicine, the least doctors, the least tests. Those are the healthy people that don't need anything. Because you're eating healthy food, you're absorbing healthy food, you're getting sunlight, you're drinking your water. You don't need anything If you do everything right, there's no need to take supplements. This is not the jetsons where pills should be. Your food eat whole foods, not processed foods, not in boxes and cans and you know bags. Eat real food, one ingredient food from the earth. Eat your fruit, Eat your vegetables, eat you're not your seeds. Eat your fish, your eggs, your chicken, your turkey, your meat, just one ingredient, real food. Stop eating processed foods that will cause brain inflammation. We want to boost our brain power, not cause problems. And it starts with vitamin D. And what's the next best viroain? Serotonin. Serotonin is the happiness hormone. That's why a lot of medications people with depression or anxiety, it's related to serotonin. Get this SSRIs. Serotonin is the happiness hormone. Do you want to be happy and you need serotonin? And guess what also increases serotonin is sunlight? Come on, how much do I have to convince you to get out? Go out of your house. The house is for sleeping. You should be out as much as possible. You eat dinner in the house, go outside and take a walk. Right after you eat breakfast, go outside, walk the dog, eat your lunch outside. Take that break and take it outside every morning. Gotta be outside every afternoon, in the lunch break, every evening, when you get home or after dinner, you gotta be outside. Get that sunlight, get that vitamin D. Get that serotonin, the happiness hormone. Serotonin also regulates appetite, controls your body temperature, It induces cell division. It's that important. It helps with motor activity. I mean serotonin is you can get it from eating bananas. Yes, that's right, eating bananas, lavender. Essential oils like Young Living or Dotera, quality essential oils. You equality vitamins, quality essential oils, quality food, quality water. Right, don't buy this cheap stuff. Spend the extra money. Your health is everything. Money means nothing if you're not healthy, don't save a few bucks at the risk of your health. You're gonna pay now, or you're gonna pay laid. It's up to you. Stop being cheap when it comes to your health. It's the only thing that matters. I'll be cheap with everything else in my life. Accept my health. I'll go above and beyond and spend all my money on my health. That's the most important thing. You want good cognitive function. Everyone comes to me. I want good memory. You need serotonin, You need vitamin D. So eat your bananas, smell your lavender, essential oils, get your sunlight, take your vacation, go out in nature, get some physical exercise and body movement. These are the ways you're gonna increase your serotonin levels. It's super easy to do, but you gotta do it. You gotta take action, and if can take action, you'll function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplin, and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBI, skin, and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famb is for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact the doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two O one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 3: Function better, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're talking about hormones and how to maximize your hormone levels, to boost your brain power, to rewire your brain to a process called neuroplasticity, so that your brain functions at optimal levels. You have good mood, good cognition, good focus, good organization, motivation, good balance, good posture, good vision and hearing, and smell and taste. Your brain is vital to your health and your happiness, and we need to make sure are hormones are in order. One of the most important hormones is melatonin. That's the sleeping hormone. Now, we don't want to take melatonin supplements because the brain will say, hey, listen, you're taking melatonin supplements. I don't have to produce it on my own. So if you have troubles with sleep, if you have sleep apnea, sleep deprivation, if you toss and turn, you wake up in the middle of the night to pee, you wake up feeling groggy and wanting to press the snooze alarm. You're not getting that deep sleep. If you snore, you need a CPAP right. If you need any help with sleep, one of the worst things to do is take melatonin. You gotta break down that system. You gotta produce the melatonin on your own. Now here's the deal with melatonin. It is inversely proportional to cortisol. Cortisol is the stress hormone. You got melatonin the sleep hormone. Cortisol the stress hormone. We need cortisol in the morning, that's all. We gotta get stuff done, gotta get everything prepared, gotta exercise, gotta go to work, gotta think, gotta focus. So in the morning we want our cortisol levels high and our melatonin levels low. So they're opposite, and at night we want melatonin levels high and cortisol levels low. How are we gonna accomplish this. Let's use the sun again. So if you go outside ten minutes during sunset, the brain will start to produce melatonin. Now, when you come home after sunset, dim the lights, turn off the TV, turn off the computer, turn off your cell phone, turn off your iPad. You gotta take away the lights. The lights are gonna mess up your melatonin because they're gonna increase cortisol. We want cortisol low at night. And what stimulates cortisol light, So dim your lights, turn off your smart devices, watch the sun sets so it sees the earth's getting darker. That's gonna increase melatonin. What's gonna work against it? Lots of light, bright lights on eight o'clock at night, you're watching TV, you're scrolling through your phone, you're on the computer checking emails. Those are increasing cortisol. What else is gonna increase cortisol at night? Nighttime snacking? Don't eat at night once the sun sets. No more food. Food will increase cortisol, decrease melatonin, Mess up your sleep, mess up your energy, your vitality. You won't get your rest, you won't be able to digest your food. The worst thing to do is at night, have all your lights on, all your smart devices on eating snacking, watching stressful stuff the news, you know, Walking Dead SVU, you know, Orange is the new Black. Like you don't want to watch stuff about murders and rapes and jail and monsters and zombies and vampires. And you don't want to watch the news, which is fires and hurricanes and earthquakes and crime and racism and murders and you know, natural disasters, economic downfall, you know, markets crashing. It's always doom and gloom. Turn off the news. I don't care if it's on the radio, if it's on the TV, if it's the newspaper, you gotta stop it. They're gonna make you more stressed. And you don't want to do it right before bed because we want decreased cortisols and increase melatonin. That's your hormones we gotta get in order. So you need no food and no light after sun down so to get maximal melatonin input, we want to be done with food by six pm and be sleeping by ten pm. So that's four hours of no electronics, no light, no TV, no food. Those four hours are super important. What are you gonna do? Talk to your family, read a book, write a poem, listen to some music, take a walk, learn a new dance, learn a new language, do a jigsaw puzzle, play a board game, play some cards. Take up a new hobby, crocheting, sculpting, Do some cleaning of your house, do some organizing, do some productivity, learn a new skill. You can do a million things, can meditate, can exercise. I mean, the list is endless. People are gonna go, oh, what am I gonna do? What do you mean? Stop watching TV every night? Who cares which sports team wins? Or what's the latest TV show or the newest movie on Netflix? That stuff will be there forever. Your life experiences is what matters. If you unplug from your devices, you will be so much happier. Your hormones will be in order, your cortisol levels will decrease, your Meltonian will increase in night, so you'll get good sleep, you'll get good rest, and that'll boost your brain power. We need those circadium rhythms in order. Now. If you've traveled and your circadian rhythms are off because you know the time zone change, whatever it is, the key is to be outside. So if you have a different dimes on like three hours, Let's say you go to California, and then you come back and oh man, your circadian rhythms off. You can't get in a good sleep pattern. You got to be outside for three hours, out in the sun or the dark, so your brain sees it. But you gotta be outside, not looking outside, but actually be outside. You know, if there's a seven hour time zone change, you know, like Europe or something like that, then you got to be outside for seven hours. And if it's twelve thirteen, let's say you go all with Asia and you got to be outside for twelve hours, thirteen hours. I don't care what it is. The amount of hours difference in your time zone is the amount of time you have to be outside, watching the sun, watching the moon, watching it brighter, watching it get darker. So that way your circadian rhythms can get in order, and there you will you will know you won't get jet lag. That's what they call it. Oh I got jet lag. You gotta go outside. So the best cure for jet lag is to go outside for the amount of hours that there's a time zone change. Got it, all right, super super easy to do, but you just gotta do it. So as soon as you land, go outside, all right, now, Another hormone that's important is insulin that stimulates the entry of glucose into the cells there. It's controlled by your pancreas and it's also related to your triglycerise which are the fat so insulin is very important. Now, some people have an issue with insulin and they take medicine. They might have diabetes type one, which is an autoimmune disease, so they take insulin. Now with autoimmune disease, in my opinion, one of the best roots to take is an autoimmune diet because then you prevent the body from attacking itself and you reverse the autoimmune disease. The biggest autoimmune foods are dairy, gluten, corn, soy, coffee, and alcohol. Those are the big six. So if you have diabetes type one, which is an autoimmune disease, If you have hashimotos which is an autoimmune disease, rheumatoid arthritis, silliac disease, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, ibs, ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, chogrins, lupis, these are all autoimmune diseases and you must eliminate those autoimmune diseases for a minimum of six weeks. So you got dairy, you got gluten, corn, soy, coffee, alcohol. Those are the big six to avoid for autoimmune disease, which will help out with insulin type diabetes type one. Right, So that is a hormone that can be maintained by reversing autoimmune disease, and all autoimmune disease will be reversed those Hashimotos is just the label. Rheumatoid athritis is just the label. Siliac is just a label. MS is just the label. It's all just different body parts. MS is the brain, Hashimotives is the thyroid, Celiac is the god. Rheumatoid athritis is the joints. But they're all autoimmune disease. And you must eliminate all six so that you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 2: Don't miss Boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six' one two one five zero or email info At Kaplin brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with Doctor, kaplin or visit kaplindc dot com for more.
Speaker 3: Information function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric, kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain. Power we're talking about hormones and its effect on the. Brain one of the biggest hormone issues That i'm seeing in my office these days is. Testosterone do you know that WHEN i was growing, up the testosterone levels were so much. Higher And i'm forty excuse, Me i'm forty seven years. OLD i have more testosterone then. Teenagers, yes you heard that. Right i'm at forty seven years old and my level of testosterone is higher than. Teenagers they did a study and found out that teenage boys, fourteen, fifteen sixteen have such low testosterone levels in these years twenty twenty, four twenty twenty, five that it's the same as a seventy year old. Man that is. Insane the testosterone levels are the lowest they've ever, been and that is. SCARY i see so many patients for ED a rectile. Dysfunction their testosterone levels are. Low there is a major epidemic at low testosterone. Levels now where's this coming. From because testosterone it stimulates, growth muscle, mass bone. Density we're seeing osteoporosis go through the. Roof we're seeing. Weakness we're seeing these men are more like. Women it's. Scary so what do we gotta. Do we gotta go a little bit old, school little. Machismo gotta pound that chest a little, Bit gotta like lift some. Weights you gotta be, strong gotna lift weights. Right you get your muscle, strong your bone strong by lifting. Weights your mood gets. Better by lifting. Weights you'll prevent. Osteoporosis by lifting. Weights you could reverse. Osteoporosis by lifting. Weights you could reverse. Depression by lifting. Weights you have a walking pharmacy in your, muscles but you gotta use. It you use it or you lose. It so go to the.
Speaker 4: Gym buy yourself some, weights some, dumbbells some, kettlebells some resistance. BANDS i don't care what you. GET i don't care if you. Do just you could use your body. Weight you could do push ups and pull. Ups you, know when they.
Speaker 3: Closed my gym DURING, covid LITERALLY i just went down the street and went to the elementary. SCHOOL i started doing pull ups and the you, know the jungle. GYM i started lifting rocks for weights and. BRANCHES i just start doing push ups and running and. Sprinting and it's, like you don't need any. Equipment, yeah, okay if you have, it, great it's. Fun you can do squats and lunges and push up and sit ups and wall sits and chair, pushes and you, know there's a million things you can do that are considered weight resistant exercises that are gonna boost your, testosterone boost your muscle, mass get your bone, stronger get your mood. Better but you need. Resistance you could literally just take you, know your grocery bag full of a bunch of you, know a couple of, watermelons and there's your. WEIGHTS i don't care what it, is but you gotta gotta work, it you, know get your computer bag and start doing bicep. Curls we need testosterol levels. Higher we need to increase weight resistant. Exercises that's the most important. Thing you have ed start with lifting. Weights you will get blood flow to your, muscles but you also get blood blow to your. Genitalia you'll also get more blood flow to your brain and boost your mood and your. Motivation lift, weights weight resistant exercises to some core, stability some, planks but we have to lift, weights. Right we need our testosterone levels. Higher we need some. Competition maybe part of the reason our teenagers testosterone levels are low is because there's less. Competition. Now you, know everyone gets surprised everyone gets the. Award they don't like tuning wizards and. Losers we need to strive to. Win we need that competitive. Nature SO i don't care what it. Is some, sports you, know maybe some, cards maybe it could be money, business be competitive. SOMEHOW i don't care what it. Is i'm gonna you, know it doesn't have to BE i have to lift the most. Weights you, know be, saying, Oh i'm gonna be you, know the best chess. Player get some competition and beat people that don't get your testosterone going beat them in. Cards so it doesn't necessarily have to be. Physical but if it is, physical then you're doubling up on your. Testosterone so that's WHY i like. SPORTS i play basketball AND i always want to. WIN i play. TENNIS i always want to. Win that gets my testosterone. HIGHER i want to. WIN i want to be. Competitive compete against. Yourself if you have to, Know i'm gonna, whatever earn more, Money i'm gonna go to church. More i'm going to give more. Charity i'm going to you, know drink more, water get better. Sleep just be. Competitive if it's not with another, person at least with. Yourself got to strive to. Improve get the testosterone going. Now one of the reasons why men young men have less testosterone is because they have too much.
Speaker 5: Estrogen and the estrogen comes from, soy tofu bean, curd adam, mae soy, sauce.
Speaker 3: Soybean. OIL a lot of the vegetarian stuff like whatever, impossible burger or. WHATEVER a lot of the fake milks and fake dairy, products fake meats are of, soy and this increases estrogen and decreases. Testosterone she's got to stay away from all the, soy especially In. America we have the worst soil in the, world literally the worst. Soi america has the worst. Soy never get soy In. America we have the worst. Corn never get corn In. America we have the worst bread and. Pasta never ever get bread and. Pasta In. America we have the worst. Dairy you never have dairy, anyway but definitely not In. America we got the worst. Wine you should never have wine, anyway but the worst is In. AMERICA i, mean we literally have the worst foods in the, world the, worst not in developed, countries in the entire. World, Yes i'm. Serious so we have to be very careful with what we buy because most of the foods aren't. Poison. Yeah my wife goes the other. DAY i, said, oh that's. Poison she, Goes, yeah you say everything's. Poison, yeah it. Is ninety nine percent of the stuff that you're gonna find in the supermarket is. Poison it's poisoning you. Somehow so start being more selective of what you put in your. Body if you want to Prevent, alzheimer's if you want to prevent, cancer if you want to prevent heart, disease if you want to prevent, obesity if you want to be sick and get your family all sad being in the, hospital or people got to take care of you and ruin their lives because you were. Irresponsible that's on. You people, Say, OH i don't enjoy my, life So i'm just gonna drink, alcohol eat ice cream and, cake have five foods of pizza because you only live. Once that's, right you only live, Once so why make the second half of your life miserable because there are a few extra slices of. Pizza i'm forty seven years. Old i've been eating healthy since. THIRTEEN i have a great. LIFE i don't feel limited at. All WHEN i go, SHOPPING i love. IT i see these organic strawberries and blueberries and carrots and broccoli And collie floud, spinach AND i see all these amazing organic foods and wildfish and grassped meat and pasture raised. CHICKENS i, MEAN i love. It that gets my juices, going increases my, hormones my. Testosterone it's like beautiful seeing all the different colors and just knowing all these healthy Neutis i'm. GETTING i don't get that from pop, tarts frosted, Flakes coca, cola haggen. Dass it's all, crap AND i feel bad after that. Stuff i'm gonna get a stomach. Ache i'm gonna Get actvie. Breakout i'm gonna get my love. Handles i'm gonna get. FAT i can't. Sleep your nation is. Bad i'm, gonna you, know have the bad bowel. Movements i'm gonna have congestion my. Lungs i'm gonna have. Phlegm it's not worth. IT i like feeling. HAPPY i like having. ENERGY i like getting good. SLEEP i like having great. Skin and people tell, me, oh you're Like Benjamin, button like you just keep getting younger and. Younger, yeah BECAUSE i take care of my, body, EXERCISE i eat, HEALTHY i drink lots of. WATER i, mean it's not that hard to. Do you just gotta do. It you gotta put in the effort so you function, better feel, better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric caplan and you're listening to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power if you want to improve your brain, function help with, memory, focus, sleep, digestion energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches brain, fog weight, loss or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases that this is the show for. You Don't misboost your brain power with Doctor Eric caplan and you will learn, natural, integrative and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such As, Alzheimer's parkinson's, stroke, autism add, concussion autoimmune, diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines four posture, PAIN, tbi skin and digestive. Problems Doctor caplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health, conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky. Surgeries to contact The Doctor, kaplin you can call his team at TWO o one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot.
Speaker 3: Com function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric kaplan and you're listening to boost your brain power. Now one way to increase testosterone is through. Weightlifting another way to increase testosterone is through competition being. COMPETITIVE a third way to increase testosterone is to avoid all soy, products and a fourth way to increase testosterone is to eliminate plastics from your. Life plastic are endocrine. Disruptors they will mess with your. Testosterone do not drink out of plastic water. Bottles if you want to reverse. Ed if you want to get rid of hot, flashes night, sweats you want to get rid of morning, sickness menstrual, cramps, moodiness you got to get rid of. Plastics guess what's? Plastics are the workout, clothes the polyester those all those you know tights that the women wear a lot like when they work out at the, gym those are. Plastics those are messing with your. Hormones so if you have hormonal, issues you have bad, periods you have morning, sickness you got hot, flashes you got you, know, menopause none of those are. Normal if you have hormonal, symptoms you're doing something wrong and it might be all the. Plastics and if you buy food that's in, plastics take it out, immediately soak it in a bowl that's with baking soda and. Vinegar that'll take off all the. Chemicals and store it in glass or stainless. Steel when you pack your, lunch glass or stainless, steel not in. Plastic when you have a water, bottle glass or stainless. Steel no, plastic and definitely don't use plastic in the. Microwave don't use the microwave heat stuff up in glass or stainless steel in a toaster. Oven that's. It start using glass and stainless steel and stop using. Plastics do not or anything in. Plastic do not used. Plastic do not drink out of plastic. Bottles do not wear these plastic. Clothes it gets absorbed through your. Skin wear. Cotton cotton is, healthy glass is, healthy stainless steel is. Healthy plastic is. Not it is a hormone. Disruptor plus it's. Pollution save the, oceans save the. Land stop polluting with all these. Plastics use glass and reuse. It you never have to throw out. Glass we always throw out plasts and don't ever reuse. Plastic the more you reuse a plastic water, bottle more chemicals you. Imbibe the average human literally is taking in about a credit card size worth a plastic every year in their, life and it's getting more and. More the credit card is getting bigger and. Bigger there's an island of plastic garbage the size Of texas floating around the. Ocean there's just so much. Plastic you got to get rid of all the. Plastics start using glass and stainless. Steel all, Right no more hormone, disruptors, right all. Right so one other HORMONE i want to talk, about which is important is well it's called, aldosterone and that is helps with the reabsorption of sodium and the secretion of potassium them in the. Kidney, now you're adrenal gland sits on top of the, kidneys and we need good hydration for our kidneys and bladder to function. Best so what you want to do for this is drink water out of the, filter not out of a plastic water, bottle and put a pinch Of celtic salt ce l T i See celtic sea salt in the. Water that's gonna help to balance out your, hormones especially this. Aldosterone it'll help your, kidneys it'll help with your, stress it'll help with your. HYDRATION i, mean the water is a cure for so many. Conditions when women get menstal, cramps it's usually. Dehydration people get, headaches it's usually. Dehydration when people get their the calf camps and the calf cramps in the middle of the night or at, night that's usually. Dehydration when they sleep apne there's dry they're. Dehydrated when you get sick and you throw, up you get, diarrhea you're. Dehydrated if you drink, coffee it's a. Diuretic it dehydrates. You, Right all these things dehydrate. You and most people are drinking the water that's full of this, plastic full of no, minerals so it doesn't get. Absorbed so you just strain your, kidneys strain your bladder without even utilizing. It so we want to maximize our. Homos we need to drink water With celtic salt in, there and you want to drink it on an empty. Stomach don't drink water with. Food you want to drink water a half hour before each, meal and you want to drink it right when you get, up and then you want to drink it at night those, year you know most important, times right when you wake up half hour before each, meal and one time at. Night and you should be able to sleep throughout the whole, night as long as you got this, aldosteron as long as you got your, kidney your autonomic nervous. System most people wake up to peak not because they drink water at, night but because they eat food at, night and that will increase. Cortisol that's the stress hormone that affects Your kidney's your aldesterone that's gonna get you up in the middle of the. Night it's not, water it's actually, food. Okay and these hormones will affect your brain. Function think about your brain when it's. Dehydrated it's like a. Grape it's gonna shrivel up to a. Raisin so if you want to increase your, memory your, focus your, motivation your, energy your, organization your time, management your executive, functions you want to boost your brain, power you need to drink your water with The celtic. SALT i always like to squeeze lemon in. There very, good very healthy. Drink you don't need, coffee that's that dehydrates. You just drink your water with your lemon and Your celtic, salt and therefore your brain will be nice and juicy and. Alive your muscles will be nice and, strong your skin will look really. Nice your bowel movements will improve your, respiration your, circulation your blood pressure goes. Down all from drinking the right amount of, water which is half your body weight in, ounces with The celtic, salt with the squared lemon for some. Flavor that is your solution to proper hydration and proper. Function super, easy but you just gotta do. It don't drink water with, food drink it on an empty. Stomach, now how do we know if our brain's not functioning? Well, well we got to do a. Test the best test is called A qEEG brain. Mapping during this, test you wear a. Cap it looks like a swimmer's, cap and it's got electrodes that are attached to. It and these electrodes that measure your brain weights the alpha, brainwave it's the, beta the, theta the, Delta and based on the location of the abnormal brain, waves it can tell us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which areas are. Not it'll tell us do you have sleep, deprivations you have? Anxiety do you worry too? Much it tells us about our. Neurotransmitter is your dopa means? Low you're a sort of Quere acetocholine is. Low it'll tell us about your, thyroid your intestines if they have. Inflammation it'll tell us do you have balanced, problems vision, problems hearing, problems memory, Problems long, term short term working. Memory it's gonna tell us do you have troubles with shifting? Tasks do you have troubles with your? Posture do you have troubles with your awareness of your body in, space your sensory. Input it'll tell us, literally are you? Depressed are you? Anxious it's an amazing. Test there's no, radiation there's no small. Tube you gotta lay super. Quick it only takes about ten to twenty minutes to. Do we have it in both of our offices in Your jersey In New. York it's valuable. Information it's normally six hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to, call text or, email you could get it for only twenty one. Dollars we're gonna give away two other. Gifts the second gift is called A vng video, nostography where you measure these goggles and they have infrared cameras and you follow this red. Dot it goes left and right and up and. Down it goes fast and slow and dark and light one head, movements and it tells us are their brain imbalances are the areas of the brain that are overworking that create you, know problems falling asleep or staying, asleep or you have heart, palpitations or you have eye, twitches or you have, anxiety or you worry too, much you get angry or, aggressive or you have a million thoughts permitted and you have to worry about, this and you're all these minds keeps, going, going, going, going going. Going THE vng picks that, up or it'll pick up which areas are. Underactive you have low, motivation you have, depression you have, fatigue you're always, late you have time management, issues you can't think of what to, do you can't focus your bed. Memory that's if it's. Underactive THE vng picks that up as, well and it, says is it the right, side is the left? Side is it the front or the parietal temporal the. Exipit it literally breaks everything. DOWN i love THE vng for that. Test it's normally six hundred, dollars but for the first uh seven people to call text, email you could get that test for only twenty one. Dollars and the third gift we're gonna give is a one on one with me WHERE i go over THE, VNG i go over THE, EEG i go over any PASS, MRIs cats and blood. Work anything you've done in the. Past i'll review that. Too Plus i'll go over your. History i'll ask a bunch of. Questions i'll check out your, Heart i'll look at your oxygen. Levels i'll check out your, gut your. Lungs will check out your, posture your. Line we'll check out your, coordination your, memory your, balance will check out your, reflexes your muscle. Strength we'll do a complete physical and neurological. Evaluation it's normally six hundred, dollars but for the first seven people to, call text or, email you could get that test for only twenty one dollars as. Well and if you want all three you could do it just literally text caller email and SAY i want all three twenty one dollars. Each from the radio Show boost Your Brain. Power here is the number six four six two two one six seven three. Eight, again that's six four six two two one six seven three. Eight it's gonna be pretty, busy so if no one, answers just leave a, message and if you're one of the people to leave the first seven, messages you will do. It if you want to text, us you can text that same, number and if you want to, email just email info At kaplinbrainbody dot. Com tell them you want all three tests for twenty one dollars each from the radio. Show if you want to learn more about our practices In New york And New jersey and our virtual treatments as, well you can go on our website kaplindc dot. Com we also have a YouTube, Channel Caplin brain And body with over one hundred. Videos we're on social. Media facebook Is Kaplin brain And, Body instagram is At Kaplan Brain, body and TikTok is at Doctor Eric. KAPLAN i also have my Book boost Your Brain, power a guide to improving your memory and. Focus you can get that On. Amazon just make sure you spell brain power with one word and there'll be a picture of a big blue brain on there as. Well and if you want the old, shows just go on the website or your app and you can put in my name and my radio show and you can listen to all the old shows that are in the archives so you can function, better feel better and live a better. Life this is Doctor Eric. Kaplan you just listen to boost your brain.
Speaker 2: Power don't Miss boost your Brain power With Doctor Eric kaplan Every saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain. Function you can improve, memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism and strength by following the science and research that Doctor caplan will be sharing with his. Audience join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same. Time listen to boost your brain. Power if you want to function, better feel, better and enjoy the quality of life you. Deserve called two oh one two six' one two one, five zero or email Info, at kaplan brainanbody dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation With, doctor caplan or visit caplandc dot com for. More information the proceeding was a. Paid program wor's airing of this program constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed the preceding was a.
Speaker 1: Paid podcast iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the. Ideas expressed