Speaker 1: Old time is here.
Speaker 2: No time to fear.
Speaker 1: Corilla is so near because show time is here. So on with the show. Let's give it a go.
Speaker 3: Carrilla is the one that you need to know.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's show side.
Speaker 4: All right in just sixty seconds. The most fabulous I mean he's really something. The best, most fabulous host will be here. He just tells the truth all the time, bigly. And he's funny, this guy.
Speaker 3: Have you heard him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's funny and smart, smart and funny, not like those nasty people on lamestream media. So don't go anywhere. He's almost here. I know he doesn't speak well of me, and that's okay because I mean he's really quite fabulous. Heh sime.
Speaker 3: Alrighty diardy, Welcome to Monday, April twenty eighth. We're gonna talk about the Pope's passing and wanna be kings. Also, it's traveling now just for the rich. We're gonna talk about that and so much more on today's show. So buckle up.
Speaker 2: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the Cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the Crell Cast. I am Carell. Happy Monday, April twenty eighth, April almost a memory may about to be here, So glad you are joining us today on this Monday. We've got a lot to talk about this week, and we've got some programming notes, and we've got all kinds of things going on. Also, I'm trying to get into my own chat room at YouTube, because sometimes it just doesn't happen. There we are though, I think I'm I think I'm getting there. There go. All right, welcome to TikTok, Welcome to Instagram wherever you might be viewing me. Okay, before we begin with Trump's first hundred days and approval ratings and all of that, and of course the Pope and the papal conclave, what's going on with that, I'd like to talk about a few things that are carryovers a lot of you know that. I went to Cedars last week to their als clinic. Actually, and first, can I just say that Cedars Medical Center in Los Angeles is how all healthcare should be. It's modern, it's beautiful. You're greeted with a concierge, Hello, you know, you check in at a kiosk, you sit in a beautiful lounge. It was gorgeous, it was it was what all healthcare should be. Everybody should have access to that kind of healthcare. And it was multidisciplinary, meaning anything that I needed to do was already sketch. They had four doctors standing by, they had a person ready to do an e MG, you know, all this other stuff. So it really was, for lack of a better word, a great experience because it was just so comprehensive and they were so very caring, and it was very very nice surroundings. That being said, I met with a specialist, an als neuromuscular specialist. She is ninety eight percent sure that after thirteen months of my muscles twitching, I would have more ALS symptoms. Now that doesn't mean that I'm not going to get it, and I know that's a horrible way to leave a diagnosis. She did say, put it out of your mind, don't worry about it for now, go on about your life. Should you develop symptoms that are more than just the twitches, then you can come right back, no waiting. You know, you can come right back. However, she hopes that doesn't happen, and it is her belief that I have benign fasciculation syndrome. That's her belief, and that's my doctor's a peer belief. My doctor up here ninety five percent sure, she said ninety eight percent sure, so there's not one hundred percent. But they believe barring any new symptoms in the short term, like over the next few months, because ALS moves quickly, it's you know, two to four years that you have it and then you die. So I've now on month what fourteen fourteen months of muscle twitching and no real weakness, So that's where that stands. It was a productive trip. They believe these are benign, but they did leave open the possibility and because they're doctors. But she did say to get on with life and to try not to worry so much about it, although even she conceded that would be rough, but she said, you know, once we get to the two year mark, meaning next March, if there's no new symptoms, then this is truly benign. So I really have about nine ten months to still kind of worry, but we'll try to put it out of my mind. The other thing was that it brings up the traveling topic, which we'll talk about later. Is traveling just for the rich. I learned a lot about traveling as a poor person this time, and I want to share that with you. Thank you all for your concern and your well wishes and your comments. I really appreciate it. You know. I'm going to keep freaking out because that's who I am. I have medical anxiety. And even though she said ninety eight percent, in my brain, I heard two percent chance you have it. And so I'm going to work on the medical anxiety because it's killing me. It's crippling me. This morning, I had a red spot on my tongue and suddenly I'm googling throat cancer when it could just be that I bid it, you know, So I really do for those of you that struggle with medical anxiety. You know, it is an ongoing story ruggle. There's no fix, there's no cure, and it's almost as bad as having another disease, almost because the stresses you know a lot. To that end, Randy Rhodes retired abruptly April twenty first. She told her listeners that she was leaving the airwaves April twenty third, and she did. She cited two reasons. One health. They said she was going to start some sort of treatment for something. On the twenty fourth, I wish her well, and the other was the current political climate. And I get that. I get that because I've been thinking a lot about my life, about mortality, about my contributions to the world, about aging, and how I want to spend the rest of it. I know I need more money. That's something Randy doesn't need more money. I need more money, and that's a problem. And I got very frightened this weekend out money. And this goes into Trump's hundred days because this weekend I went grocery shopping at Winco. It was time to replenish my nuts. Says the gay man has like a squirrel on a search for nuts. And I had to get pecans, I had to get cashews, I you know, had to get walnuts. I had to get chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, because I'd eat all of these things every day. Protein powder, silium husk. Whole silium husk have gone up to fifteen dollars a pound. So I left there just buying staples, you know, to refill the pantry two hundred and sixty three dollars, and I was concerned things are just going up up up. Nuts are outrageous says the gay man. But they are. They're like ten, twelve, fourteen dollars a pound, and that's a lot. That's more than beef, you know. And so a lot of the things that I eat, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, even legomes, even lentils, which used to be like fifty cents a pound and now they're two dollars a pound. Soybeans, I ate a lot of those. So all of these prices are just going up, up, up, and it's scary. It's frightening because my income and your income isn't going up up up, but prices are now. Orangina says that, you know, inflation is over, he beat it. I don't feel that way. In fact, this morning, I canceled Walmart Plus, you know, and you get free deliveries and other perks, including Paramount Plus, which I like to watch. And so it was cheaper to get the Walmart Plus than to pay the ten dollars a month for Paramount. But now I don't have the money for either, so I canceled Walmart Plus. I canceled Amazon. I canceled Amazon. I can't afford fourteen dollars a month for Amazon. I just can't so I canceled Walmart, plus, I canceled Amazon. I'm not renewing Instacart, which means there goes my Peacock subscription. You know, I'm not renewing them. As for television, I pay ninety nine cents a month for Hulu and I'm on a friends Netflix and another friend's Max, so that'll be my TV plus Apple TV Plus. There's a lot of other shows I like on those other services. I just I can't because subscriptions are killing me. So no more fourteen ninety nine a month for Amazon. No more forty nine dollars a year for Walmart because they were one hundred a year. And then when I canceled this, give it to you for forty nine, I'm like, no, So no more Walmart, no more Instacart, no more, no more. I'm canceling almost everything because I'm scared and that signals recession. And yet Orangeina says no. So we'll talk about his first one hundred dates and how they add up up the president plus battling for the bridge. When we reach out, don't go anywhere. You want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash Really Correll, that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: So I like to welcome everybody in the chatroom at YouTube dot com forward slash, really corel r e a l L y K A r e L. James Nabel, thank you for being there, Joe, Brian, all of you. Thank you for being in the chat room and chatting with me today. If you'd like to chat live with me, it's YouTube dot com forward slash, Really Carrel. I'm also reading the comments on TikTok. Thank you for joining me on TikTok or on Instagram as well. If you're listening on Apple Music or Spotify, thank you. Also. What are you gonna do today? You're going to stream corel k A R e L. Do you wanna funk f U n K? You're going to go stream it right now. Five thousand UK DJs are being serviced with it as we speak. As Canada goes to the polls and Portugal and in a blackout. So do you wanna thunk f unk? Even if you've already heard it a hundred times, go stream it again today on Apple or Spotify, wherever you listen to music. Correl Karl, do you wanna funk f unk? I need you to do this. I should just repeat it for the rest of the show. That's what you need to do. To that end. I'm going to film a visual for it this week. Even if it's just me standing in front of the camera singing it. We got to get something out, some sort of visual, So I'm gonna do that this week. I also tomorrow afternoon and flying to Long Beach after the show to have my aorta scand I don't think it's big enough for surgery yet, so let's keep our fingers crossed on that and coming right home. I was gonna go down and spend the night. No, I'm sick of medical things. I'm so sick of medical things, so I'm not gonna let it take up two days and B and I are flying down and flying right back, all right. So it's been the first hundred days of Orengina, and there's been a lot of polls done. Every single poll has him at the lowest approval rating of any president in eighty years, and that includes the Fox News poll So for those of you screaming like he is this morning, for those of you screaming that that's liberal media, Nope, even the Fox News polls and conservative media polls has his approval rating at the lowest percent of any president in history at one hundred days. And when they break it out by policies, the only policies that his MAGA likes are the immigration. They love torturing people, so you know, they think he's doing a great job there, when in fact he's probably going to be declared a war criminal someday for what he is doing to immigrants. But that being said, that's the one topic he gets approval on. The economy is his weakest link. Nobody, nobody, not Republicans, Democrats, or independents think that he is doing a good job on the economy. None of them want the tariffs. Eighty two percent disapproval for the tariffs in almost every poll, so on one hundred days in his approval rating is lower than any other president if at forty two to forty five percent, depending upon what poll you look at. Biden was at fifty six to sixty depending on what poll you look at. Now, amongst Republicans, he still has a very favorable rating. Even though they disagree with his policies, he has a favorable rating. The takeaway from all of this is really for Democrats, they need to change their messaging because even though a majority of the nation is not happy with what's going on in Washington, they still don't believe that Democrats would do better. In fact, thirty six percent approval rating for Democrats. So even though they don't like Orangina or his policies, except for immigration, they still don't trust Democrats. That's going to be a real problem for Democrats moving forward because when you have a very unpopular member of one party, normally the other party surges. That's not happening here. He's not liked, they're not liked. In fact, a majority of voters don't like Republicans or Democrats at this point. So there's that. Now, what has he done well? He's decimated the country. DOZE is not going to make their trillion dollar mark. In fact, it looks like they'll be lucky if they meet their two hundred billion dollar mark. Doze has even lower approval ratings than Orangina. Elon Musk's approval rating is thirty four percent and seventy eight percent to seventy five seventy five to seventy eight depending the poll say he has entirely too much power. So Elon Musk has fallen out of favor with America. Very few people like him. I'm sure Tesla's going to take note of that. They're bored. So Trump is failing in all of the things that he said he would do. He has not stopped the war in Ukraine and his current proposal to have the Ukrainian secede Crimea to the Russians, have the Ukrainians decide to not have a military force build up and not join NATO. Okay, Zelensky's never going to go for that deal, and the UK is probably not going to go for that deal. He made fun of Canada this morning or in China as they're at the polls, and what he doesn't realize is he is only helping the liberals of Canada. The Trump esque candidate was on track to become the new prime minister and then Trump started all of his tear of crap and everything else. Want to make you a fifty first state and such like that. So now Liberals are on track to win in Canada as a rebuke to Donald Trump. They go to the polls today. Good thing that they're not in Spain or Portugal. No one knows what's causing that blackout, and there's a blackout, like the whole Iberian Peninsula is basically dark, even into France. That's not good. It's going to be nighttime there soon. So his first hundred days, by all accounts, have been a failure. They've been a failure. He's only done four things that he said he was going to do. Fifteen of those things are still pending, and he's given up up on eight things that he said he was going to do. And the four things that he did do, he freed the January sixth riders, he attacked trans people. Those were two of his things that he said he was going to do, so he did that. He did pardon the rioters, the people who committed treason, and he is anti you know, he's gone after Trans. By the way, eighty six percent of people surveyed between eighty and eighty six depending on the poll, thinks that he should not have destroyed DEI and that Dei does have a place. Two thirds of the voting populace or more thinks that he overstepped on Dei two thirds. So he's failing. If you were to grade him as they have done on the first hundred days, he's failing. His approval rating is lower than any president at this point. His policies are not taking hold. He has alienated us from the world. Prices are going up, not down. Ukraine and Israel are still at war, and there's no end in sight for either of those. The only thing that he gets high marks is kicking innocent people out of the country. That's the only thing he's getting high marks in so as he traveled to the pope's funeral in a blue suit when the Vatican requested everyone wear black, and he wore blue. Even though he met with Zelenski, there there's no deal that Zelenski wants. And what about the pope. Let's talk about the pope and traveling when we come back. Like and subscribe these videos, share them with whoever you'd love to share who share them with whoever you want, and please come to the chat at YouTube dot com, forward slash really Carrell and say hello to us. During the show. All right, back posts, let's do let's do. Hey Carrel here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corell cap, then please go to patreon dot com, forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, really Correll. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support the show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, really Correl. Thanks for almost thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. Oh you know, it's sad that we lost Randy Rhoades. Now I didn't listen because I don't watch other talk shows, but you know, she was a needed voice, and I'm sorry she's having health issues plus the political climate. Look, I don't blame her. If I could change the content of this show tomorrow, I would. I would. I don't want to talk about orangina. I don't want the stress one thing. This whole als scare, and all of my medical scares that I put myself through, from tongue cancer to whatever they really have taught me that I'm not living the life that I enjoy. I don't have much fun. It's either doctor's appointments or doing the show or exercising, and that's it. And while I like my life, I don't want to lose the life I have. I like it. I'm not having as much fun as I used to have, both on the show and in real life. I don't have a partner. I haven't dated in over seven years, you know. So, and now with the economy, the way that it is going to travel to see friends and stuff like that, travel has become for the rich two hundred or more dollars a night for even Motel sixes in some areas, or ninety nine dollars a night, So you can't find a hotel here. In Las Vegas. MGM Grand just laid off all of their concierges, no more concierge service than any MGM Grand ex Caliber got rid of their bellman, their dorman, their concierge. I mean, these places are scaling down and charging up. In Los Angeles, the Hilton Garden In charged me fifty five dollars a night to park. For two nights parking, it was one hundred and ten dollars. Who has that to pay for parking? You know, so one hundred and sixty a night for the hotel room, fifty five a night for the parking. That's two hundred and ten plus the rental car. You know, on and on the charges go eating out when you're traveling. I brought an ice chest with me, and I brought my oatmeal, my fruit, my tea, and Ember's food. So every morning I ate in the room as to avoid a twenty or thirty dollars oatmeal breakfast. I felt poor, but at the same time I felt self sufficient because I had my stuff in the room. I had my oat meal, my protein powder, I had my fruit cups, I had you know, I had everything. I brought it all in the ice chest, and I thought, you know, traveling is now not for families, families of two or three or four. How could they possibly afford it? So only upper mid income and above people are going to be able to travel soon. You know. Yeah, there's the cheaper carrier's spirit in Frontier and all that, but it's not just the airfare. That's the price, and they nickel and dime you to death on the bags. Even Airbnb is hugely expensive now with all their different fees for cleaning and everything else. It really is getting that travel is going to be for the wealthy, and that's it if you're if your middle income or below, spending to The trip to Cedars cost me eight hundred dollars, eight hundred bucks to go to La spend the night, wake up, go to the doctor's, spend that night, and come home eight hundred dollars. I didn't have that tomorrow. The trip down in the afternoon, the airfare was two hundred and thirty one dollars. A friend's going to pick me up and stuff like that, will probably do lunch. So it's gonna cost about three hundred bucks just to go down and back. Travel is just we're losing the ability to travel because of the economy. Restaurant prices are out of control, you know. Twenty I had a burrito in Victorville at the Vegan Vato, which was lovely and the burrito was fabulous. And this place was so out of the way. It's in a train center and that's basically empty, but it's called the Vegan Vato. It's in Victorville, and I had a fabulous burrito. It was fourteen dollars plus tax i had a little soda pop with it, a zero calorie soda, and the entire lunch with tip was twenty dollars for a burrito. So it's just it's becoming cost prohibitive to go out to go travel, and that's sad because traveling enriches you. You know, traveling allows you to see family and friends, it allows you to see the world. And tourism is a huge industry. Canadians are already not coming to America. Mexicans are not coming to America. They're afraid they won't get back. So our tourism is taking a nose dive. That's bad for all the economies. And it's because here in Vegas they no longer. Vegas used to cater to everybody. Twenty dollars hotel rooms and five dollars buffets. That was the thing. Come here and drink free, have cheap food, get a cheap hotel room, and go spend your money in the casinos. That was the thing. Now it's three hundred dollars rooms with resort fees and parking and all of that added in. You know, the room might be one twenty, but by the time you pay the resort fee and the parking fee, and you know, it's two fifty three hundred dollars. Buffets start at twenty nine to ninety five in town, and Caesar's is eighty dollars for their buffet. Drinks are barely free anymore. You can barely find places to get those. So even Vegas has become too expensive for the average traveler. And what of the pope? What of the pope? You know, I got into trouble the last time a pope died because I played ding dong The witch is dead. No, that was Reagan. What did I do with the pope? I did something on Kgo when the last pope died and I got into trouble with the local archdiocese. You know, because the Catholic Church is the largest child rapering in the world, and their stance on aids killed millions of people, and their stance on women is still very sexist. They can't even be deacons. Uh, there's no women in contention to be the pope. They're probably there might be one black person in contention, maybe, but it's really just a bunch of white men in dresses choosing another guy to wear a funny hat to lead the church. Now, if you're a Catholic and the pope means a lot to you, good. We all need mentors, we all need spiritual guides, we all need that. So I'm not going to tell you not to be sad that Francis has died. I'll be sad when Barbara Stressan dies, So go ahead and be sad. I just find the entire thing archaic. I think the time of conclaves and popes, much like the royal family, I think it's past. I think that belongs to another era. I don't believe that in today's world a pope is needed. I don't I do think the Catholic Church needs a leader, but not in the way that they do it now. I think the Conclave is the most ridiculous meeting the movie, and you will see all the ridiculous ceremony that goes into this. It's just pomp and wealth and privilege and white privilege. I know the Pope is Hispanic, Pope Francis, but I'm telling you it's still very white privilege. And so I just think the time is passed for that kind of ceremony and for this kind of reverence. The Pope was a political leader back in the day. He was more powerful than presidents. Now, I just don't think we need that voice because that voice is still archaic, still discriminates against gays, women, you know, anyone that's not them, and they do it while wearing dresses and Prada. They take a vow of chastity and poverty and wear expensive clothing. So for me, I just see it as archaic. If you're into it, good for you, enjoy the whole process. For me, I see it as a remnant of the past and maybe the Catholic Church should restructure for the future. I am corel be who you want to be so I'm don't hurt you, buddy. We'll be back tomorrow. Thank you all for joining me today. Have a good rest of your Mondays. As you know, let's see if we kiss, you know, get through the next couple of days together. But Hope and Randy Road, we're gonna miss you on the air. We really are.
Speaker 1: It's bloodcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 2: Yours.
Speaker 1: Listen daily to the Coral cast done your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 2: Yours. Listen daily to
Speaker 1: The corell cast on your favorite streaming service.