Speaker 1: Good money, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome on this beautiful Monday. I'm Tom Davis. It's time for our community connection and the vision of lowliness. Off to my ride is mister Wishall, and we are ready for spring. Can I say that when with the winter storm coming.
Speaker 2: Yes, with all certainty.
Speaker 1: We've got Shamrock Deville coming up. And this is really I've never seen a bad day for Shamrock the Bill since I've been here. It's always just great. It's nice, it's early in the morning, it's peaceful, and there's a lot of perky people, way too perky.
Speaker 3: Very perky for that. Really, yes, absolutely, but that's okay, that's what we want.
Speaker 1: Oh golly yeah. And Shamrock the Bill of course helps out with the Mary Martha Outreach at Catholic Charity.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 3: It's our one and only fundraiser, and it helps us continue to buy food whenever we may be short, because we want to provide a well rounded meal for our families. Times we have to buy meat and things like that, so it helps with that and to keep feeding the people in Needing Barnesville and our surrounding communities.
Speaker 1: We're going to get back to the race itself. But Mary Martha Outreach has been around for a long time. It has a lot of people rely on the services.
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 3: Not only do we do food, but we have clothing and hygiene products and things like that. We're You're not a Way partner agency, so they fund those other programs and we help domestic violence burn out victims. So there's a lot of things behind the scenes that we do that a lot of people don't see.
Speaker 1: And you do it with smile and you know what, everybody just kind of makes the way through. We're there to help folks who seemingly fall through the cracks of things.
Speaker 2: That's right. None of us are better than the other. So we're there never knowing your.
Speaker 1: Time's going to be and everybody's going to have a bad.
Speaker 3: Time now this day and age, a lot of people are just one paycheck away from needing our services.
Speaker 1: That's true, That's absolutely true. Now, Shamrock Deville, this is the fun part of fun racing because I've seen people dress up for this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we want people to dress up.
Speaker 1: I mean we see people in all kinds of costumes, either walking or or running. Mostly the folks that are walking The folks that are running are kind of kind of hardcore, pretty they'll do.
Speaker 2: Something funny, that's right. They're pretty legit.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you know, we have some competitiveness out there, but we also have uh yeah, fun. I mean that's the main thing. We want it to be a family friendly event. We want people to come cheer them on, and that's the whole purpose of it.
Speaker 1: What's the distance on the sham ruck?
Speaker 3: So the first one is a five k and then we have a one mile fun run. So we have a lot of little's that do that and it's really fun because they're very proud of themselves.
Speaker 1: So they can do it.
Speaker 2: They can't don't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even I couldn't do the That's why I amc Yeah, so I couldn't even do the fun run. So that's why I hang out while you're yeah, exactly, I'll keep that job.
Speaker 2: That's right, I will keep that job. We have couch runners, not this year, Okay, we're not.
Speaker 3: We did the couches before they had the chips, and so it was it was something to give the the race crew time to calculate the timing. And now that it's chipped, its instant so a yeah, and they got a little dangerous. Yeah, so we don't need any liability, all right, that's good.
Speaker 2: But they were so fun. I do kind of miss that.
Speaker 1: I do too. Now we do this down there at the.
Speaker 2: Green we do unity starting in there.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have a DJ, have a photo booth, We're gonna have a couple of food trucks.
Speaker 2: It's just it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You know that green space. It's pretty cool. The racers check in it is It's like, man, this is where it's. This looks like a big city event. It really does.
Speaker 2: It is, And that's what we wanted to feel like too.
Speaker 1: And and you know what, we do have runners from all over. We do three state area.
Speaker 2: We do at least absolutely.
Speaker 1: And uh and like you said, it's it's chip time and and everything. But you know, the fun run is not.
Speaker 2: Exactly Now.
Speaker 1: I see the youngsters from the Bruins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Bruins on the run and then also run the streets, both of them. My gosh, the great crew to have there, young.
Speaker 1: People there who are athletically inclined and they're always smiling.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a great program both of those, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And the money raise goes back to Mary Martha Outreach and this is really pretty dark cool now. The website's been up and running for a while.
Speaker 3: Yes, registration is open, twenty five dollars to register and the t shirts are very pretty this year, where there always are, but there are a Heather Emerald Green. We've posted them on our website. Okay, so go check those out. And we're still looking for sponsorships. Yeah, always looking for sponsorships, so that just helps helps us. But yeah, registrations open and packet pick up will be on March sixth at Merymoreth Outreach. So you can also volunteer. We do need a lot of volunteers for this to put it off because we have people at every corner to make sure that runners are safe and everything.
Speaker 2: So we do.
Speaker 3: We're still recruiting that. You can sign up at Shamrockdville dot com.
Speaker 1: And tell us the day to get March eighth.
Speaker 2: March eighth, and it starts promptly at nine am.
Speaker 1: There you go, so you can sleep in a little bit.
Speaker 2: A little bit not us.
Speaker 3: At the we are we are, but it's it's a well oiled machine.
Speaker 2: We have a wonderful committee.
Speaker 3: We're very proud of it and it's always been a successful year.
Speaker 1: So you know who that's fun too. It's the police officers that are I think they take out of seeing the folks coming down there go I'll look at that one, you know, because the costume character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh it's fun. We see it. We see a lot of a lot of green. So and I think.
Speaker 3: People, especially after the weather that we've had and that's coming, people are ready to get out of the woodworks and run. So I think it's kind of that first escape from being trapped.
Speaker 2: In so run from your camp and exactly. So we love that, all right.
Speaker 1: So twenty five dollars is all it takes to get registered. You can do that online now if we want to do that the day of the race, because you know, let's face it, there are some folks in our community that are day of type people.
Speaker 2: We have a watch.
Speaker 3: We do have a lot of day of and it's it's thirty dollars to register, but preregistration is twenty five. But they can come and register that morning if plans change or they watch the weather and want to wait.
Speaker 1: So we're always that's good.
Speaker 2: Yep, you never know.
Speaker 1: And it's Shamrock thebill dot.
Speaker 2: Shamrock thebill dot com.
Speaker 1: Calm, I want to make sure we got that right back. I want to take you someplace that you said, well, yes, what I signed up.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Neh know what that that might be a lucky term site, it might be good. Well, I want to thank you. I know you've got a busy day today, and folks, let's make this all worthwhile. Let's go out and get some exercise, have some fun, and let's shamrock the bill for Mary Martha outright right