Speaker 1: Rob Dawson.
Speaker 2: Rob will be jetting off with us on Sunday, not with us. Supper plan similarly on Sunday as we'll all be covering the d n C next week. Now, Rob, I think I asked you this before, but you had never been to a convention, right.
Speaker 1: Until we went to the r n C. Not before the RNC.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, before the rn C, when I don't know what's going to happen, my anxiety just rises.
Speaker 1: Right. So before we went to the r n C, I was nervous.
Speaker 2: Not because I thought anything was going to be I.
Speaker 1: Just didn't know what to expect. Right now that we've been I'm like, oh, I got this. Yeah, you do this because you know, when you go to a.
Speaker 3: Mega event like this, first of all, we're all going to be you know, working long or you know, we're all together for many hours every day. You develop a rhythm, right, I like the rhythm we developed. By Tuesday, we're here in Radio Row and then we had dinner, and then we went to the arena and then we did something fun and it was all kind of like you crave for when you developed that rhythm.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I'm looking forward. What are you looking forward to in the DNC.
Speaker 3: I'm curious about the crowd reaction for Kamala Harris when she takes the stage.
Speaker 2: The other thing, I think it's gonna be a mad house. I think it's gonna be just like it was for Trump. I really, I mean, you've got to think this is the most hardcore of the party, faithful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just like the RNC was.
Speaker 2: So I think it is going to be like it's gonna be like a you know, a ten pole revival in there.
Speaker 3: Now, you've watched many a convention. I've not so many, but you know you love this stuff. You follow this stuff when you I will say.
Speaker 2: The RNC was probably the best produced convention I remember. Okay, So that doesn't mean there wasn't a better but it was entertaining, and it moved fast, and there was real people mixed in with politicians, and you know you were there. You know those real people interviews, they they hit harder than the politician interviews.
Speaker 3: I have a question about the crescendo of speakers, right, you're supposed to ramp up, right, yeah? Yeah, okay, So why why Bill Clinton Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Is that is he just such a right like does.
Speaker 2: I would have put Bill Clinton on Tuesday. To be perfectly, if I was going to do the order, this is what I would have done. I would leave Joe Biden on Monday, because you don't want these people thinking about Joe Biden ever again, right, not one are you surprised that he's there. I think it's a big slap in the face. But politically, they've got to get him on the stage and off the stage because we have to scrape off the stink that is the Joe Biden administration that was wildly unpopular when he was the candidate. Right, So they're going to separate him from Kamala Harris as much as.
Speaker 1: You can because of that.
Speaker 2: And then I would leave Hillary on Monday with him where she's going to be, And then I would have put Bill Clinton on Tuesday, and then I would have put Barack Obama on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Does that say something that Obama like, did it take a walk because it took.
Speaker 1: A while for a new indoors? Is that right? I don't know the thinking behind that.
Speaker 2: I do find it interesting that the Democratic Party is elevating Bill Clinton's voice, right because he's a gross sexual predator. He is an absolute horn dog and has I don't know if he is now. He's old now, but when he was young, I mean, he was everything that hashtag me too was allegedly against. And now they're featuring him on Wednesday Night?
Speaker 3: Is there a strategy about thinking, oh, well he's a centrist. Well, I goh, he's good at bringing people together, So what's type about kill?
Speaker 2: Obama has much more of that feel. I just think I don't understand Bill Clinton on Wednesday. I don't get it. I would have flipped those two and I'm not sure why Barack Obama is. Okay, wait a minute, Wait a minute, I just thought of something because I have to put my political machinery hat on.
Speaker 1: Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: Is not nearly as popular now as Barack Obama is. So if you are going to introduce a candidate who is not exactly known for her likability, you don't.
Speaker 1: Want to put the most beloved.
Speaker 2: Democrat in recent memory right before her.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm saying? Separation?
Speaker 3: There is there anything about Clinton introducing Tim Walls? Or there would be someone else introducing Tim Walls, like maybe a regular person from Minnesota or someone.
Speaker 1: From the nationale.
Speaker 2: And you know they're not giving us that information. Usually until the day of We'll see if they're better at that.
Speaker 1: DNC. The RNC was terrible. The RNC was.
Speaker 2: Giving us list at twelve thirty in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: It was just like what Mandy real quick I saw on the map. We're near CNN, right, And I informed you that David Axelrod is one of my people that I think I can imitate very well.
Speaker 1: Oh nice.
Speaker 3: You know, Democrats really want to love their candidate, and the love is just pouring out for Kamala Harris right now. And this is why Donald Trump is fundamentally unpopular outside of his base.
Speaker 1: That is good, excellent.
Speaker 4: I don't know David's books on the show today.
Speaker 2: You know what, I bet we can get David Axelrod to talk to us next week.
Speaker 1: David, does he have a sense of humor about it? Or would he? I would hope, so, I would hope. So yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're saying not if you say, I'm David Axelrod and I eat babies for breakfast, but you said that that would be offensive. But that's a very good impression, extremely good impression.
Speaker 4: Wow, wow, Wow, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna ask Rob the question I asked you earlier. So going into the r n C, the message was unity, okay, asked the assassination attempt. If you had to put one or two words on what you think the messaging or theme is going to be for the Democrats of DNZ, what do you think it would be?
Speaker 3: I almost does it have to be in any to to put in both any sore feelings about getting ready to Biden.
Speaker 2: There's rumors that Biden is super salty, like still really mad, and there's rumors that in his speech the d n SEE he's going to snub Obama and Kamala Harris, which I just so.
Speaker 1: He he's not going to get up and fake everyone. Lets I am more, I am more.
Speaker 2: Well, Nikki Hayley, let's just say she's she was not super convincing at the RNC of her love for the candidate. I did not feel the love coming from her speech. But that being said, I I don't see, I don't know. I think that there's a lot of people in the background talking to Joe Biden about what kind of legacy he wants to have and does he want to go to the DNC and burn it down even though his legacy shot we all.
Speaker 3: Know that there's did you find the convention for the Republicans uplifting or frightening in terms of, oh my goodness if we don't win them.
Speaker 2: I tell people this, I've told so many people this since we got back. It was a far more joyful experience.
Speaker 1: Than I than I thought it was going to be.
Speaker 2: I thought it was going to be like that, like angry politics, We've got to save the country. You got to.
Speaker 3: The question is can can the Democrats do angry politics or do they have to be joys too?
Speaker 2: I think that because Kamala Harris right now is essentially, in my mind, running for student body president.
Speaker 1: Okay, all we know about Kamala.
Speaker 2: Harris is she's got she's got posters in the hallway, and she is reading off of scripts all over the country. So there's no upside into going negative.
Speaker 4: No studid body presidents could probably talk to reporters. So I'm just saying, you know, but.
Speaker 2: As long as she's going to run that kind of campaign, I think they go. And if I was doing this and I didn't want my candidate to be asked any hard questions, which they don't, I would lean into the whole vibe thing.
Speaker 1: Have you seen this.
Speaker 2: I'm going to play this audio when we get back from this break here. Someone went to a Kamala Harris rally and asked what the rally attendees thought her biggest accomplishments as vice president were. The answers are everything you think they'll be. But one guy was just there for the vibe, and I think that's what they lean into right well that I think they allow the attack dogs for the first few days, but I think she and Tim Walls they're going to be.
Speaker 3: Above it all because the vibe was a non existent.
Speaker 2: Correct, there was no vibe. It would have been a funeral next week. If Joe Biden was still still the candidate. It would be a much different situation here, much different. I'm looking forward to its coming to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah,