Speaker 1: Streaming on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's a message board, if there's a mass email, a social media page or whatever, but there is a uniform that is everybody wears on South Congress on a Saturday morning. JB and I met for coffee at Joe's Coffee Saturday morning and we hung out. But it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be at Joe's Coffee.
Speaker 4: Jabi, you're there more than me. Yeah, I go there all the time. It's in my neighborhood. And yeah, it was pretty it was pretty slow. Maybe it was also bad weather.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bad weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: You need to tell Tricia about the the bands that play there in the dance floor because you have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I need to.
Speaker 4: I need to ask my guy that works there, because I don't know the rhythm of it. I think that maybe once a month or something, they'll have like a country or a swing band playing and they sort of clear out that back area and they'll be they'll be like twenty couples two steven, Oh really got it?
Speaker 1: Just so.
Speaker 4: Like on a Saturday afternoon. They do it periodically and it just turns into a club.
Speaker 1: So that sounds so fun.
Speaker 5: Trisha. By the way, if you don't know, this is a really good dancer.
Speaker 6: I mean I think I am. Surely I haven't lost it. It's been so long since I've done it.
Speaker 3: It's like riding a bike, you know, That's what I'm upping. And she'll dance. She won't dance with anybody though, right.
Speaker 1: I'm only going to dance with somebody who knows what they're doing.
Speaker 6: I spent too much time in Dallas night club with my friends watching, like you gotta scope out who can dance and who can't dance, because you don't want to get out there and be with somebody who's just kind of jerking your round that doesn't know what you're doing. So to kind of how do you tactfully shoot them down? You just say, I mean, as a girl, you just say no things, no thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh what Elsey got up.
Speaker 1: The nerve toge? I know, I know, yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: And then they see they shoot him down with a no thanks, and then you say yes to the next guy.
Speaker 6: Oh they know they know that if they I said no to them, and then I get out there with somebody who's dancing.
Speaker 1: You know why I said no? Come on, it's very obvious. You know if you can dance down easy.
Speaker 3: Can I just tell you that at my age, at fifty seven years old, the thought of going up and asking a woman to dance still watch my stomach sick.
Speaker 5: That goes back to like fifteen years old. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when a Journey song would come on, Oh, I got to pick somebody to dance.
Speaker 6: Lie in beside Ryan Adams, would you go dance? Because you've said you don't two step You're not good at it.
Speaker 1: I mean you don't have any freestyle moves.
Speaker 5: Junior high school dance was just laying on top of the lage. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're just swaying back and forth, trying to grab their butts.
Speaker 3: And waiting for the nuns to come by to say, leave some room for the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, clear room. Her sister get lost. Uh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, getting back to the Joe's Coffee, I did notice something that there's a uniform that's to be worn by all women on Saturday morning at Joe's Coffee. In that uniform is yoga pants and a sports.
Speaker 1: Bra that's no top, just the bra yep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It was unbelievable how many people every girl on South Congress was wearing that. There'd be gaggles of them clearly visiting.
Speaker 1: But that's whel Yes, it was.
Speaker 3: It was crazy and jib it was again, you're down there a lot more. Is that pretty common.
Speaker 4: When yeah, they're in the the warm months, which is a good eight months of the year here. Yeah, that's standard. It's crazy. Is that for a woman? Is that a decision of comfort or style?
Speaker 6: It's I think it's a I've got a rocking body and I want people to see it. I think it's a while I have it, I'm gonna use it kind of thing because I I just think that I think it's a trend. But I wouldn't. I'd go out in yoga pants. I would never go out and just the bron public. I would never do that, you know what I mean. I think it's just a I know, I look good.
Speaker 1: Someone. Let people know.
Speaker 3: I'm not hating on it at all. I mean, I'm okay, that's fine. It's just the uniformity of it. It's like marching orders. You know, there's no individualism there anymore. It's like, we're all just gonna dress the same in all were the same things.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, remember like in the eighties it was.
Speaker 4: It was the soccer shorts, wind shorts, wind shorts, yes, yeah, wind shorts, a big T shirt and a bow.
Speaker 1: In your hair and your sleeves on your T shirt rolled up. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that reboxe that looks.
Speaker 1: So cute when I wear that. I knew I looked cute when I wore that high school.
Speaker 5: You should bust it out again.
Speaker 1: T Maybe I should. Let's bring wind shorts back. Those things were great.
Speaker 4: I think everybody that in the nineties there was a fleeting moment where it was a sun dress and combat boots girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh dress, our daughter wants to where she wears her Doc Martins her boots all the time with dresses.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kind of come back, haven't they. It's for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think all of those girls that we saw on South Congress were all walking to the grand opening of La La Land, which just opened on South Congress, which is a national chain coffee shop. And there was a it was pouring rain, and there was a line a block and a half long to get into.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little memo go to Joe's Local.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jamie, you made a good point when we were sitting there talking about It's like, man, it's kind of weird. Austin used to be really good at fighting those places off.
Speaker 5: Like we fought off.
Speaker 1: We used to reject them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They wanted to open a hard rock and Austin's like, screw that. We got antones, we don't need, you know, House of Blues. Yeah, you know, remember they tried to come in and Austin rejected it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rejected. We were pissed when the w hotel opened. You remember that, right, that's old.
Speaker 4: That was old Austin twenty years ago, like screw that, we don't want that, get it out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we've seemed to have lost that fight for it.
Speaker 6: Now we're racing it now. South Congress is all those chain things stores, yeh in establishment, Yep, It's it's kind of kind of sad. I had never heard of La La Land before.
Speaker 5: Had you guys ever heard of it?
Speaker 1: I ever?
Speaker 3: Or no? I guess there's one in Houston, but there was just a line to get in people, I'm guessing mostly influencers.
Speaker 4: You think you think those were all paid influencers, don't you I do. Yeah, that was arranged, that line down the street.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it was definitely organized for sure, And it may not have been paid influencers, but it was people that La La Land wanted there for their social media, you know what I mean. I don't know if they were handing out checks to them like they do it protests, but they were.
Speaker 4: But what you could just tell when it did appear, I drove happened to be driving by it, and they all had they handed them all, Matt, the same umbrellas, Yeah, the yellow ones, And I was like, are those people really just dying? It's a coffee shop, right, m hm yeah yeah? Are people dying to be the first one to get a coffee there?
Speaker 2: Or is this arranged? I thought it was a ranged. It felt that way for sure. It definitely did. So how do we get started with all of this?
Speaker 3: Oh we're talking about the uniform on South Congress and the yoga pants and sports bras. So if you're going on Saturday morning and you don't want to fit in, you know, and you want to fit in, that's what you got to put on. That's for sure. All right, stay with us. It's The JB and Sandy Show. If you're just joining us, you can grab the podcast version of the show. Want to remind you to if you can and you want to help out the people of the Hill Country, you need to go to community Foundation dot net and make a donation again. That is community Foundation dot Net. Up next, JB's Got a theory about long winded craising loving marital posts on social media and what that is really telling you.
Speaker 5: Stay with us. It's coming up on Austin's eighty station one oh three point one.
Speaker 2: This is the JB and Sandy Show on Austin's eighties station one oh three point one.
Speaker 5: JB's Got a theory.
Speaker 3: And having worked with JB on the radio for twenty something years and been friends for thirty years, then I think JB's theories are always good. They're a little random, sometimes a little out there, but over time.
Speaker 4: But I actually got validation last week on this theory from it you did therapist online validated what I've always thought, right share.
Speaker 5: It in just a moment.
Speaker 3: A reminder to help out the people in the Hill Country and Curveville in that area by going to community Foundation dot net again. Those community Foundation dot Net also gave him a lot of up yesterday. But shout out to UGB who's done tremendous work helping the people that have been flooded. Also, Waterburger has done great, kimder Scott's done great things. A lot of local businesses have been doing great stuff. So JB, your theory please.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've always thought this, and I and I had a lot of this has to do with couples and social media, and I've seen posts from couples that I knew were in a bad place as a couple, like on the brink of divorce. And so my theory is when people do a really long, elaborate gloating post about their spouse and all that they're in trouble, it's like the longer the post, the more trouble therein. Like I just saw it recently with a couple of people I know and worked with. I'm like, oh, that is the biggest bunch of crap. You are my foundation, you are my rock, And now I'll do I'll you know, I do it on anniversaries and stuff, like we just had our twenty seventh and it was a quick post. It's like Aaron, you've been carrying me for years and it's literally a picture of it when we were dating, and I'm you're giving me a piggyback ride. But it's the long, elaborate post. And then last week I actually saw like a therapist post this exact same theory. Really that says, basically, yeah, the longer that you go on and on and on about them, usually those are the couples in the most trouble.
Speaker 1: Ah, Cedy, you and I are good.
Speaker 6: Don't ever post anything about our lure for each other anything.
Speaker 1: We post mocking insults to each other.
Speaker 3: I do that for self preservation. If I wrote you are my rock, you are my salvation, you are my everything, you are my friend, I would get I would get rose shamboed, I gripped my mouth a little bit, I would get kicked right in the old key honies.
Speaker 1: She and I guarantee you if I did.
Speaker 4: If I posted something like that, my wife would go, huh, something's up.
Speaker 1: This isn't right. She would immediately be suspect. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: If somebody does randomly send me like a nice text, uh, an adoring text, which an adoring is would just be like, I love you. I'm all whoa whoa whoa, what would you do?
Speaker 1: What is going on? Immediately think that something's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tricia is ultra suspicious about everything with me, Like, and I've talked about it before that she gives me way too much credit for having a hidden agenda or a or a plan, a plan.
Speaker 4: The male brain is not that sophisticated.
Speaker 6: Yes, suspicious that he's like spending money behind my back or having an affair.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not worried about that, suspicious of any of that. But when there is all of a sudden something like excessively nice, I'm like, it's all right, what's up?
Speaker 1: What do you want? Just tell me what you want.
Speaker 3: I don't deserve that kind of treatment. Jatricia's got a great has no worries. It's funny. She's like, there's no way Sandy would ever have a him fair.
Speaker 1: He couldn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't.
Speaker 1: He couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: His attention to detail, covering his tracks, he could never do it.
Speaker 1: Number one. Number two his guilt.
Speaker 6: He would go and meet some girl at a hotel and then come home, walk in the door and go I have to.
Speaker 1: Tell you what I did. Would let him keep it a secret at all.
Speaker 2: That's that good Catholic guilt that my pants came off. Here's a here's a pretty good example of a post that for that Tricia made on my birthday that says, oh, this is Father's Day. Excuse me, Happy Father's Day to the world's okay, as dad, we love you.
Speaker 5: The world's.
Speaker 1: And that's me being nice. That's us being nice to each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what keeps our relationship good.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean. Our love language is mocking each other.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine if we got a divorce, Sandy, and you ended up with some woman who was real, like needy with the words of praise, like it's her love language, and the constant like cuddling and and come.
Speaker 1: With me to this and what do you could you even imagine?
Speaker 3: She'd have to be so smoking hot?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well that's a great theory though, JB. The longer the post, the bigger the word, more trouble they're in. Yeah, yeah, it's a good one that you know.
Speaker 1: What I think.
Speaker 4: I've shared this with you before, but it's been a while and people usually get a kick out of it. My wife and I have a little test, you know, we've been married twenty seven years. But if we go on a date, like a dinner date, and we eat a lot more at home these days, but if we go out on a date, it's date night, we will kind of after at the end of the date, we will kind of pose the question if this was our first date, would we go out again?
Speaker 1: And there are times where we.
Speaker 4: Go hell no the night you know, maybe I was cranky and distracted or something, and it's it's a it's an eye opener when.
Speaker 1: They go nope, wouldn't go out with you again?
Speaker 6: It's a great little test, Yeah, a little test, like how.
Speaker 4: That's how, that's how you should be hate. You should be hate in a way like it's an important first date, even if you've been together forever.
Speaker 1: Oh, that sounds exhausting. How much energy you put into a first date.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, maybe that's a bit dramatic first date, but it's like are you are you enjoying the moment?
Speaker 1: Are you embracing it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like you ever see the couple both sitting there at dinner on post staring at their phone separately.
Speaker 1: That's sad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I pointed out so many times to seeing you, I'm like that couple at the table next to us has not spoken one.
Speaker 1: Word to each other during this.
Speaker 4: You see that, and you're like, I bet they do long birthday and anniversary.
Speaker 3: I just want Tricia and I to be the couple that's so in love. We sit on the same side of the booths together.
Speaker 1: I kind of like that. It's funny.
Speaker 4: I noticed Europeans do that a lot more than Americans. We sit across from each other. Yeah, you're Upeans will sit on a patio side shoulder to shoulder and just sort of soak it up like watch people watch and observe.
Speaker 1: Much more common over there. I kind of like it, but it's awkward in the US. It looks weird.
Speaker 5: It does look weird.
Speaker 1: Sandy with this giant broad shoulders.
Speaker 6: When he and I sit on the same side of a booth, I'm like pressed up against the wall.
Speaker 1: It's like a middle seat of an airpline. Yes, this is the JB and Sandy Show podcast. You can listen live every morning on one of three point one in Austin, or stream the show on the iHeartRadio app.