Speaker 1: All right, come on, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I just broke the microphone stand.
Speaker 1: Getting ready.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like, I'm getting ready to hit the Ed mcmn getting ready to.
Speaker 1: Say good morning.
Speaker 3: I grabbed the mic stand and then boom, it comes flying off the stand.
Speaker 1: I'm holding it in my hand right now. It'll be a great job, buddy. It's gonna be one of those days.
Speaker 3: Bro, It's gonna be one of those days.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, good morning everybody. I hope you're on to a better start to your day.
Speaker 3: Welcome aboard on this tattooesday, Hammer and Hanks going to win number two thresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge another two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: We hooked up that gal yesterday. She was super excited about that. We'll give you that on the fun Fact Flashback Buzzpast tickets coming your way at seven twenty the Vibo five hundred ever heard of that game? We're gonna play that at around eight twenty.
Speaker 1: I guess there's a big race this weekend.
Speaker 3: Allan.
Speaker 1: You probably know more about.
Speaker 3: That which there is on Sunday, every man, is it the Daytona five hundred? Yeah, okay, Well, we're gonna do the Vibo five hundred at a twenty this morning.
Speaker 1: Gals.
Speaker 3: We'll need your vibes. We'll need your good vibes. I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 1: He needs some good vibes. This will give you a chance to.
Speaker 3: Ride with me in the Marty Grog Galveston Parade one thousand dollars alternative income early in the nine and meow Wolf tickets on.
Speaker 1: No The Show.
Speaker 3: Ninety percent chances scattered thunderstorms today, highs up around seventy two.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Well, good morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump reiterated his plans in the United States have a quote long term ownership position in the Gaza Strip at some point in the future. During an interview with Fox News is Brett Baer, Trump said that quote great people in the Middle East could ping it potentially fund the reconstruction process inside the war torn area after Israel ends its war with Amas. When asked whether Palestinians would have the right to return to Gaza, the president said that they wouldn't because they would quote have much better housing.
Speaker 1: A key issue for Trump's proposed to guys to.
Speaker 4: Take over is his suggestion of relocating Palestinians to neighboring countries. Elon Musk Is offered to buy open ai for ninety seven billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I wish I had one billion.
Speaker 4: Must help fund the company a decade ago, but has since separated from the business and become critical of its operations. Open Ai CEO Sam Altman posted to x to say, quote, no, thank you, but we will buy Twitter from you for nine point seventy four billion dollars if you want.
Speaker 1: Musk then called Altman a swindler.
Speaker 4: Open Ai is currently a nonprofit organization, but has talked about converting to a for profit enterprise, and if they do, the nonprofit would have to be paid a fair market value for any assets that are transferred. There was some fallout from Super Bowl fifty nine yesterday. Philadelphians went crazy and trashed the city.
Speaker 1: That's pretty expected from them.
Speaker 4: They left toppled street lights, broken windows, fires, harassed cops, and there were also a lot of fights that broke out in the streets. Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts went to Disney World. Patrick Mahomes apologized to Chiefs fans for his performance in the game. Kendrick Lamar's streams skyrocketed after his halftime show performance and ratings came out. This year's Super Bowl was the most watched super Bowl of a time, with one hundred and twenty six million people all over the world watching the big game. USA Today did do their annual ad meter Pole to rank all fifty seven of this year's Super Bowl commercials. Number one ranked was Budweiser's latest Clydesdale ad, followed by the Lais Little Farmer commercial. Then the Catherine O'Hara and Willem Dafoe pickleball ad for michelob Ultra was the third, followed by David Beckham's Stella Artois one with Matt Damon, and then the NFL's Somebody commercial.
Speaker 1: I like the Seal commercial. I don't know, he wasn't even top ten. I wasn't even top ten. That's a tragedy because that was the best one. I thought. Yeah, I like Dorito's one. I like the Dorito's one.
Speaker 3: I thought the Seal commercial. Oh, the UFOs, Yeah that was pretty good. Yeah, that was a good one too.
Speaker 1: Totina's one was also good.
Speaker 4: Vince Neal's private plane crashed, but the rock Star was not in it. A plane owned by Neil and Motley Creue crashed into another aircraft on a runway at the Scottsdale Airport. Vince again not on the plane, but his girlfriend was and suffered five broken ribs in the accident. There was one fatality in the crash, but there's no word on who the deceased was. Two dogs are said to have survived the crash, which I liked that they included that in there as well. But those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's going on in sports? Not a ton. Rockets have another day off today.
Speaker 4: They're gonna be back in action tomorrow night when they host the Suns at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: And then you want to talk a little baseball.
Speaker 4: We're just two days away from Astros pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training down in West Palm Beach, Florida. The rest of the rosters can report a week from today. They're gonna play their first spring training game next Saturday, and we'll open up the regular season on March twenty seventh against the Mets.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, I'll be over here working on the microphone.
Speaker 3: Situation now by a rubber band, Yeah, I got I did get rab a rubber band.
Speaker 1: That's what's kind of holding it together right now.
Speaker 3: But I think they left me some spare parts to kind of fix this thing. Okay, Well, while I'm working over here, let's fill up these phone lines. Who wants in on the first phone call today? How would you like to get us started? Like I said, I hope your morning's going better than mine. Uh seven one three, two one two, five nine four five. The most interactive show on the radio starts.
Speaker 1: Right now ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Lincoln Park and what I've done. Good morning rod Ryan's Show, and we are off and running four hours of pain, the most interactive show on the radio.
Speaker 1: We'll show that to you today. For sure. We're gonna bring on Hammer and Hank in just a little bit.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: He's going to be playing in the fresh out of head head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: He's going for win number two, Is that right?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I mean three, That's what I thought. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he's going for win number three. I'll get to that first phone call. A lot of phone lines ringing this morning. Guys, we're gonna have to deal with rain today as well. We got a ninety percent chance of scatter at thunderstorms high up around seventy two.
Speaker 1: So in the it was like a pit crew in here.
Speaker 3: During that Lincoln Park song, I had to I asked Bob and Engineering to leave me the same part breaks all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on my microphone stand and quality stuff. I don't abuse it. I just I do move it around a little bit. As I'm talking. Microphone can move microphones around.
Speaker 3: I move it around all the time. And I asked them to leave me some spare parts and I needed them. It cracked again this morning and in the in the middle of the song, I'm like, this is like a pit crew fixing the mic stands. So I guess we're back and running. So that's good news. So I am off back to a great start to my day, and I hope the same for you. The Vibe five hundred is going to happen after eight o'clock, and I'm really really excited about that. But I'm gonna get to these phones here.
Speaker 6: It's that time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Maybe Bryce got through first. Hey Bryce, good morning, good morning, by are you better? Now? Better now?
Speaker 3: I got everything all fixed in here and I am ready to rock this morning. I hope you are too. How would you like to get a started today?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir, I just wanted to talk see if you had any crows this year, and if you have, how was it where you get it from?
Speaker 3: So listen all crawfish questions. I defer to my friend Alex over here, who is the cal Ripken of crawfish. He went on a streak that was unprecedented that no one had ever seen before. The weeks upon weeks upon weeks, how many weeks was hundreds of weeks?
Speaker 4: You never miss years worth of doing crawfish one time presidential administration.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Alex, have you got any crawfish yet?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: We were actually talking about somebody, somebody at Monster him about this. I don't think that it's ready yet. Like the crawfish is too small that I've seen.
Speaker 1: Did the freeze?
Speaker 3: I mean, Bryce, do you know anything about it? Are you like a big crawfish person that knows what's going on? Because when people tell me, well, you know, there was that freeze and then the shells are going to be harder and they're they're buried deeper in the mud.
Speaker 1: I don't know any of that stuff.
Speaker 7: Well, I know a little bit about it from experience. I know the season. The early season starts around the semi bird, and the season gets in full swing about in the February or March, and yeah, a lot of people are skeptical about early season crawfish. I love crawfish, and my preference on crawfish is probably February and March time. I don't like the real big ones because they don't seem to be as much flavorful as the medium sizems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's kind of my take.
Speaker 3: I saw in my neighborhood Bbi's, and they said that they were Martin Luther King. I think they were junior day. I think they were ready for their very first crawfish. So I see them out. I see them out at Christian's tailgate.
Speaker 1: You definitely get them. I see them in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: I just don't know if they're if they're great, I just that's not my thing. I'll have crawfish a couple of times this season, and then that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm good on that. Do you make your own or do you just you do?
Speaker 7: Okay, my own and.
Speaker 1: I go to restaurant, Now, can you do you know this?
Speaker 3: Can you go into HV and get sacks of crawfish right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You can't. You have to reserve them, usually two or three days ahead. In the now they are selling live profits by the said, wouldn't you rather do.
Speaker 1: A shrimp boil? Shrimp is better both of them? I know, but shrimp is better. It's easier, you know.
Speaker 7: That was my next thing I wanted to ask about was have you tried any of the Gulf of America shrimp?
Speaker 3: No, but some Golf shrimp. Golf of America shrimp I forgot.
Speaker 1: I saw people were talking about it on Google Maps.
Speaker 3: Now I'll say that some Golf of America shrimp sounds delicious.
Speaker 1: It really does. Thank you, dude. I appreciate your call.
Speaker 3: People love talking crawfish. I'm just the wrong guy to talk to him about. That's why I always go to you.
Speaker 4: And it's also funny because even if you did eat crawfish for two hundred and eighth straight weeks, you're gonna be called a dumb ass by somebody it's like.
Speaker 1: Stars, no actor, are you talking about? Best croffits? Are not that play in my backyard?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I didn't go to your backyard, Dudelet's like a sure break. Let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh.
Speaker 9: Out of bed Rock and I'll tear it into.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Morning Show from six to ten am.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back everybody. What's going to be a pretty rainy day.
Speaker 1: For us today. Light rain this hour, showers that they could tape her off.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Nine o'clock, ten o'clock, eleven o'clock one chance, twelve o'clock one hundred.
Speaker 1: Percent chance of rain.
Speaker 3: And I know some of you are dealing with some fog this morning as well, so please be careful out there.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 3: Today of around seventy two.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you got trending?
Speaker 4: Well, Google Maps is trending also the Gulf of America because Google Maps officially did change the name of the Gulf of Mexico in its app. Of first are praising it, and then people are also saying they're deleting the app because of this.
Speaker 3: Our first phone call today he was I knew where he was going with that. He wanted to talk about crawfish and the and it's like yeah. And speaking of shrimp, we've had any Gulf of America shrimp yet, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm like no, but I think they sound delicious. Golf America does sound pretty tight if you ask me.
Speaker 4: Vince Neil slash Scottsdale plane crashed trending in a couple of places that I saw. Vince Steel's plane that he was not on did crash into another plane on a runway at the Scottsdale Airport. His girlfriend was on the plane and suffered five broken ribs. There was a fatality, but it was not her or Vince. We don't know who the deceased is or was. And then also trending is canned tuna recall. You're gonna love this. You're gonna love this. Try Union Seafoods is recalling several products over the risk of botulism. If you would like to get your refund, just hit Uprod at the buzz dot com. He's gonna be in charge of letting you know how to get your refunds know from them.
Speaker 1: That's worked out well in the past, but that's what's trending.
Speaker 5: A night by the buzz, Good morning every thought. This is five time Hall of Famer Hammer and Hank. I told you that no Super Bowl hangover for me. I am your fresh out of bed head to head two day champions and.
Speaker 1: Let's keep the fresh fish coming. Baby.
Speaker 5: Join me on Tuesday as I'm making win number three.
Speaker 3: Bitches all right if you want to take him on? Can you beat a five time Hall of Famer?
Speaker 1: Maybe you're a six time Hall of Famer. You haven't played yet this year? Who wants in? Who wants to take on Hank?
Speaker 3: I got Papa Roach tickets in there and rise against for the winner.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Seven one, three, two, two, five, four five, We'll get it all.
Speaker 1: Pretty interesting story.
Speaker 3: Alex is gonna be covering in Houston's headlines about Green Day. They're working on a script for a movie. It's not a movie about green Day.
Speaker 1: Though it is Ham.
Speaker 3: It's not Green Eggs and Ham either. It's not Green Day and Ham. H. It's like a coming of age, like an American pie type movie. Maybe it's on the music blog page if you want to go look ahead.
Speaker 1: But we'll be.
Speaker 3: Talking about that later on on the show ninety four to five and buzz, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: Welcome aboard on this tat Tuesday.
Speaker 3: That's our Instagram feature today again with a lot of birthdays on the Looking at Girls blog page.
Speaker 1: That's going to be very very busy.
Speaker 3: Chance of scattered thunderstorms, that's what's happening this morning. We are going to be with you during these rainstorms happening today.
Speaker 1: Thunderstorms too, man, so be careful out there on the roads.
Speaker 8: Let's play a game, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed Head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to York Corners.
Speaker 3: Hammering, Hanky panky, Good morning, Good morning Rod, What dude, you're going for win number three?
Speaker 1: Right? Yes, sir?
Speaker 3: He put Poppa Roach Rise against tickets in there.
Speaker 1: Nice? Yeah, nice, it's too nice.
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame day? Yeah, that's like a really three. It's only three chilly, all right, Hank. Good luck to you today.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: See if we get some more fresh oh we don't have fresh fish.
Speaker 1: It's been a while though.
Speaker 3: Hey Travis, good morning, Good morning brother, Good morning dude. I'm sure you were listening Papa Roach Rise against tickets for the winner of today's games. That's really big. That's really big. You guys should be playing for a Kozie or something right now. Chili tells me it's been a few years since you've played.
Speaker 1: Huh, yes, sir, Okay, well, welcome back, dude.
Speaker 3: If you wanted to just kind of come in and beat a five time Hall of Famer and grab.
Speaker 1: Some great tickets, you could do that. Okay. I believe in me, he believes in him. Travis and Hack Travis. Have you been in the Hall of Fame or any of that?
Speaker 3: I mean two years ago you played, did you have any success with us? No?
Speaker 9: I was just on the heels of another big time Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, some of those Hall of famers they're good. That's what got him in the Hall of Fame. You know.
Speaker 3: You can win by shouting out your name before the other guy waiting for me to call on you give me the correct answer.
Speaker 1: Here we go. Nicole from Clay and Killing is killing It on.
Speaker 3: The Questions today, She's killing She's killing it, killing it, killing it.
Speaker 1: She's Clay and killing It. Thank you to Cale.
Speaker 3: Question number one, shout out your name. What two colors are on a barber's pole?
Speaker 1: Five?
Speaker 3: Time Hall of Famer Hank red and white. Red and white would be a correct answer on that. I've always wanted one of those.
Speaker 1: I thought of it. They looked cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Christmas time because the candy canes. Yeah yeah, yeah, multipurpose.
Speaker 3: We just don't go to the barber, so it doesn't make sense for me to own one.
Speaker 1: That's true. Like, what are you doing here? Baldi? Get out shave your head. I guess, yeah, I guess I could have them do.
Speaker 3: It, Travis, you were behind him. Hank's fast, Yeah, Hank is really really fast. Here we go, shout out your name? Question number two, what is the Texas state flower?
Speaker 1: Thank Travis Henk. Blue bonnet? Show me blue bonnet? Yeah, yeah, that's bad. Somebody said there was one. I thought on the news too. I don't know.
Speaker 3: One of the newscast was showing it was one blue bonnet popped up somewhere in the desert, somewhere in Texas. Like first one, they're coming, They're coming, Travis. He he got you, He got you on both of us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he got you.
Speaker 3: Don't wait two years, bro, come back and play with us. Okay, okay, all right, Travis, thank you.
Speaker 1: Hammering Henk your third. I guess you wanted those tickets.
Speaker 3: That was rude how you treated him.
Speaker 1: With good tickets. Thank you, Chilly. All right, bro, hang on.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five of.
Speaker 3: US ninety four five, The Buzz bad Omens and just Pretend Rob Ryan Show tat Tuesday Out of the Gates are number one link today on links and guests. But again we're kind of going back to the commercials. If you missed any of those commercials during the Super Bowl. Now we got the official link up with the atometer that I've been talking about. I think that's US, that's USA today, I know it is, and it lists like their top rated. I saw there was a bunch of other listings. I haven't compared lists that might be something fun to do later on today, just to see. I thought the Seal commercial was way low.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Why aren't even top ten? Or are we just like such simpletons that I think we know art? It was are at its finest? Okay, I don't know. Yeah, I liked it. Yeah, that's probably like top two or three for me.
Speaker 3: Yes, for sure, the Seal commercial was the top five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, easy, easy, now top five debatable. Yeah, except for day to day who apparently wants the debate it.
Speaker 3: Careful with those thunderstorms out there and our champion champion.
Speaker 1: Doing champion things, fresh out of bed.
Speaker 8: Head to head shout age, here's your current champion.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody, five time Hall of Famer, Ham, Good morning everybody, five time Hall of Famer Hammer and Hank still at it. I am your fresh out of bed head to head three day champion. Two questions, two answers, Rod, I know you're keeping track of that. Join me on Wednesday when I make it win.
Speaker 1: Number four bitches.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know I'm keeping track of them, because now I'm how did I get stopped doing the questions?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know either.
Speaker 3: Obviously everyone knew that that was Tessa's job, and then nobody really stepped up.
Speaker 1: And then a couple of listeners had sentenced to a bunch of questions, and then you ran through them. Oh yeah I did. Yeah, Yeah, yeah, I ran through those quickly. I did. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Before Christmas, I think I sent out everybody sent me twenty five questions.
Speaker 1: Me, you're Chili, and then you all provide it. Did Chili ever send him in? I would like to think he did. I didn't double check with him, Joey. They sent him, but they were all in Spanish, so they're hard to Didn't you ever send me questions? Yeah? You throw them away? Uh huh did you send them?
Speaker 10: You wouldn't like my questions anyway, so that's a no.
Speaker 1: You're just leaving your boy. You're leaving your boy out here hanging to dry.
Speaker 10: I was gonna ask questions, why you.
Speaker 1: Know what works and what doesn't work.
Speaker 10: Well, that's why I didn't do it, because it wouldn't work.
Speaker 1: I knew it. He didn't send me any.
Speaker 11: I was trying to say paper all right, good point, bro.
Speaker 1: I said, send me an email with twenty five questions.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but you still print it out.
Speaker 1: I do print a long all right, let's go. I brought in some fun facts. That is my job. It's the fuck that to the day. Let's go.
Speaker 9: We make you look.
Speaker 1: Smart in front of your body.
Speaker 8: It's the funk to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's some fun facts.
Speaker 3: It's kind of always been my job to bring in some randos for you guys to talk about.
Speaker 1: Hi, hal brother, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: I should have hit you up for a list of questions for freshot of bed head to head.
Speaker 1: I've got them all right.
Speaker 3: Well, here here's some fun facts for you guys today. The highest number counted out loud. Somebody counted out loud, like from.
Speaker 1: Just one to yeah all the way okay, yeah, yeah, they counted to one million. It took the guy eighty nine days.
Speaker 3: Each day averaged just over eleven two hundred numbers. So every day he counted to eleven two hundred for eighty nine days, keep adding, adding, adding, until he made it to one million. He's documented as counting out loud to one million.
Speaker 1: Wow, I don't know what to say. Denmark.
Speaker 3: Denmark has had five different prime ministers since nineteen ninety three. Three of them had last name ras Musin. None of them are related.
Speaker 1: That is fun. It's hard to believe. How must be true.
Speaker 3: Finally, fun fact for you guys. The female blanket octopus.
Speaker 1: Is over. I know it sounds like another juggling squirrels here.
Speaker 3: The female blanket octopus is over seventy times larger than the male. Okay, same species, same everything. I hate that the blanket octopus. The chicks are seventy times larger than the dudes.
Speaker 1: We're screwed.
Speaker 3: She's six feet he's less than an inch, so for mating, he just swims all up in there, breaks his junk off inside.
Speaker 1: Of her, and then swims off sneat. I hate that. He's the whole dude is an inch. She's six feet tall. Yeah, and he just for doing that, that's the day. Amazing. We make you look smart in front of your buddies.
Speaker 9: It's the fuck that's to the day.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: What about you get away here? I'm gonna get myself in trouble here right into it. Eight two hundred and fifty dollars. Living Spaces give card.
Speaker 1: Where's my singer living Bis.
Speaker 3: It's the perfect time to elevate your home at the Living Spaces President's Day event, where you can say big on a variety of designs. So don't miss incredible deals and free shipping only at Bavispeas.
Speaker 1: She's your fun.
Speaker 3: All right, here we go, Let's flash back all the way to yesterday. This company started selling a line of frozen dinners in nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 1: Failed miserably.
Speaker 3: People associated them with what we know them to do, so it just wasn't a good brand for food.
Speaker 1: Seven one, three, two, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 3: Now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain cash.
Speaker 9: Captain Cash good.
Speaker 1: That's good. I'll take it.
Speaker 12: I'd be doing Wall Street yesterday. It was a good down Wall Street. The dat was up one hundred and sixty seven points.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Kickoff this morning at forty four thy four hundred and seventy nasdack up one hundred and ninety to nineteen thousand, seven fourteen. Bench martinr Treasury is trading at a four point five three percent in oil stands at seventy three dollars ten cents a barrel.
Speaker 10: To the most act is the.
Speaker 12: Big studs McDonald's, Nike and navidi ed the big duds Walt Disney, Chase and Amex.
Speaker 1: The economic count of this.
Speaker 12: Morning is all clear right now, futures barely on the downside.
Speaker 10: Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 12: That's it, Matt Here, this is Hallan Mandi, director with the Ramy James Party for the Rod Ryan Show from Amy James, An Stanfeley, Ben Augusta, Endeficate Toys, Rock out your stock.
Speaker 1: Out yet I'm out of here.
Speaker 6: The Villian's expressed are those of Aland, and not necessarily those are Raymond James and Associates Income Ever, nasc AT, IBC, I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is mased on sources leave to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmiss We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational services on the stones of it. It's based on the movement as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 3: Everything everything Valentine's Day. Huh, listen up, cement heads. It's Valentine's Day on Friday. Make sure you're doing what you need to do. Okay, Good morning rod Ryan Shock. Yeah, calling you guys cement heads.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes you forget. You need that little nudge, like hey, if.
Speaker 3: You're doing flowers and all those sorts of things, you gotta get in there now, get that stuff ordered so that it's there on Friday or least Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, this would be a good thing to gift. It's fact. Here we go. I got Chris on the phone. Hi, Chris, it's there for the rest. Good morning.
Speaker 3: So this corning, this company started selling a line of frozen dinners in nineteen eighty two, and like I said, it failed miserably because we don't associate this name or that logo go with anything but food. What company tried to do this?
Speaker 1: It was a Coldgate toothpaste.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Coldgate, stay in your lane, make the toothpaste. You're great at it. I don't want to eat a I don't want to eat a frozen dinner from Colgate Mint and nobody did.
Speaker 1: Nobody did, dude.
Speaker 3: It's a two hundred and fifty dollars Living Spaces gift card.
Speaker 1: Okay, this their Yeah, I mean give that the gift. Yeah, that's awesome. Hey dude, thanks for being in homeroom. All right, yes, sir, thank you, sir, Thank you, Chris, Hey Alexa. Play ninety four point five The Buzz on Iheartradiot.
Speaker 3: Bus station from iHeartRadio, The.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four to five The Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show six fifty one, and we're dealing with some pesky rain all morning long. Please be careful. Many of you are listening to us in the vehicle and your way into doing what you're gonna be doing today.
Speaker 1: Most of you going to work. Be careful on the roads.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be rainy, and then you're dealing with some fog this morning, so it just kind of blows to be out on the roads right now.
Speaker 1: But we're happy that you got us along for the ride.
Speaker 3: I got Busfest tickets for you next hour. And then when you guys simmered down a little bit, I moved the game till eight twenty. We're gonna play the Vibo five hundred today on the show.
Speaker 1: I think the Daytona five hundred.
Speaker 3: The lesser known race, of course, is this week stop. That big race is happening this weekend, So our bigger race has to happen this week.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do it today.
Speaker 3: Bible five hundred to ride with me down at Martin Greg Galveston and get you some balcony passes and some drink passes and some viewing platform passes.
Speaker 1: And it's a really sweet deal. Trust me, you're gonna want to win, all right. All right, Alex, take it away. What are Houston's headlines? So, good morning ride, Good morning home room.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump reiterated his plans for the United States to have a quote long term ownership position in the Gaza Strip at some point in the future. During an interview with Fox News is Brett Baer, Trump said that quote great people in the Middle East could potentially fund the reconstruction process in the war torn area after Israel ends its war with Amas. When asked whether Palestinians would have the right to return to Gaza, the president said that they wouldn't because they would have much better housing. A key issue for Trump's proposed Gaza take over is his suggestion of relocating Palestinians to neighboring countries. President Trump also announced plans to stop the production of the penny, which costs more than the penny is worth to make. Trump said, quote, for far too long, the United States has minted pennies which literally cost us more than two cents.
Speaker 1: This is so wasteful.
Speaker 4: I have instructed my Secretary of the US Treasury to stop producing new pennies. Let's rip the waste out of our great nation's budget, even if it's a penny at a time.
Speaker 3: This is what I don't understand. Can you just tell the dude or the check who's ever doing that?
Speaker 1: Hey, don't do that, Hey stop making pennies. Is it that easy?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Is it that easy?
Speaker 4: I feel like most people probably couldn't. But I guess if you're the president, or does he.
Speaker 3: Need that folder with the big pen and do all of that, you know.
Speaker 13: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like the big pen folders.
Speaker 3: The executive order. Yeah, it just seemed like he said, hey, stop making pennies.
Speaker 1: We're just not doing that. Wild.
Speaker 3: I think it costs more to make a nickel than it doesn't make a penny. Yeah, so I think that is really more stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The nickels might be going away too, but right now it's he just said stop making pennies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: So. According to the US meant, each penny costs three point six y nine nice cents to produce, and twenty twenty four penny production cost taxpayers one hundred and nineteen million dollars in the in last year. It was the nineteenth consecutive year in which production exceeded the face value of the penny.
Speaker 1: Your pets microchip may no longer work.
Speaker 4: People are freaking out after a chip company called Save This Life went under. The chips have to be reregistered through another company before they're going to work again. The company apparently did not notify customers that they went under, probably because they went under and now if you scan your pets chip, it's not linked to anything, so there would be no way to contact you. The American Animal Hospital Association keeps a central database of all the chip numbers, but pets registered to save.
Speaker 1: The life are no longer in it anymore.
Speaker 4: Your vet may still have your pets chip number on file, or they can scan it. If you have it written down, you can check it yourself at AAHA dot org. But all the bad chips start with either nine to nine to one or nine zero zero one.
Speaker 1: Six ' four.
Speaker 3: I saw this story this morning, and just so you know, like you said about the vet, my vet I called I needed it before to like register vo or something like that, and they have that on file. Yeah, they'll have that chip number, but the chip is what protects your dog if your dog gets out.
Speaker 1: This company apparently is huge and responsible for.
Speaker 3: A ton of trips out there right now and then boom shut off.
Speaker 1: By the way, we went out of business. Sorry guys, just shut off your stuff. No goodbye, No, hey, you got two weeks to transfers.
Speaker 4: Usually people bought like it gets bought by somebody and then they're in charge of it.
Speaker 1: But this was not the case. They just folded completely fold.
Speaker 3: So I know there's probably more questions than we have answers for right now, Chili is putting up a link on Links and Guests, so it's no need to panic, but it's something.
Speaker 1: You can fix. You just gotta you just gotta take the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to do it, So go to the link on Today's Links and Guests on our blog page.
Speaker 4: The Duffer Brothers have confirmed that the fifth and final season of Stranger Things is on pace for a twenty twenty five debut. It's been three years since season four came out, and the kids are just they're aging out.
Speaker 1: Honestly.
Speaker 4: They feel I feel like they've already they've already shot everything. But the kids are they look like they could be in college, and they were not in college when they started this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're they're definitely gonna be a lot older.
Speaker 3: They you can kind of you can kind of age the kids down a little bit, but yeah, they're gonna have.
Speaker 1: To be college age kids right in this. In this whatever the storyline.
Speaker 4: Is like they were high school, so they'll just be like they're just they got older because tragedy happened, you know how that works. Ross Ever says that they are way ahead of schedule, which he claim just rare for the duo of brothers. Season five is gonna consist of eight episodes, but there's no word on whether or not we're gonna get them all spread out or all at once. In music news but also kind of movie news, Green Day is getting into the movie biz. They're producing a coming of age comedy that they say is inspired by their early days of touring in a van. It's called New Year's Rev and stars Mason Thames as well as Jenni Fisher and Angela Kinsey from the Office. Movie is gonna focus on three best friends who pile into a van and head to LA because they mistakenly think that they are opening for Green Day at a New Year's Eve concert. Green Day front man Billy Joe Armstrong says, quote Van Day's rule, You drive all night with no sleep and then play a show for ten kids in a basement of a friend's house fifty miles east of anywhere you've ever heard of. But you're gonna do it again because you're doing it with your bandmates who become family, and it's unlike anything you've ever known.
Speaker 1: Just made a movie. You probably, yes, And they just.
Speaker 4: Beat each other up to get into the concert.
Speaker 1: At the very end. It's a bunch of kids.
Speaker 3: They're just trying to get to a Kiss concert and it's a movie, and you would think Kiss would be.
Speaker 1: All over it. They're not in until the very very end, until they get to the concert.
Speaker 4: I didn't know Kiss made there. I just thought it was about going to a Kiss concert because it was funny. Yep, it was Kisses movie for just kick each other's asses, like Kiss wouldn't allow it without them, you know, profiting true, So it.
Speaker 3: Was pretty good, not because I grew up like it was a pretty good movie.
Speaker 1: So hopefully this will be you know, I think they'll do it right. I'll definitely check it out for sure. But those are used in headlines.
Speaker 4: Okay, sports, not a time going on in sports. But the Rockets have another day off today. They'll be back in action tomorrow night when they host the Suns at Toyota Center. And Baseball were just two days away from Masters pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training down in West Palm Beach, Florida. The rest of the roster is going to report a week from today. They're gonna play the first spring training game next Saturday, and they're going to open up the regular season on March twenty seventh against the Mets.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rocking Alternatives Show from six AM five.
Speaker 3: You gotta do that at the end ninety four and five to the buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: I like to do that. At the end of third I'm blind to semi charm life. It's just I don't know. It's a it's gonna bring you down, dude, makes it better.
Speaker 3: There's something at the end of third I blind to semi charmed life where I just feel.
Speaker 1: Like, I don't know. It just feels like you need a hula there. There's a couple of songs you just need the hula. Yic.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be rainy today, guys, man be careful out there on the road. Sky Mike's taking calls. He's an animal. I know the guy doing traffic today.
Speaker 1: That's great. I love him. I don't know what's going.
Speaker 3: On because people are asking, Hey, where's Christina Cruz, Like they know her, they like her now, but she's she's done a great job. Sky Mike is more into traffic than anybody that I've ever met in my life. I mean, he is a traffic assassin. He is a specialist on this. It's crazy. I see him in the hallways, and.
Speaker 1: This is the guy. That's because you know, Tessa used to do the traffic.
Speaker 3: You know, she had the cameras all hooked up and she kind of do it here and we kind of pick and choose what our you know, our our audience. And you guys were calling in with this guy, Mike. He's on the phone. He's an animal. I see him in the hallways. He's just doing nothing but traffic. Yeah, he's texting Jennifer Raina and he's like Siri. He's in a bathroom and he's he's he's like making voice the text guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, So all right, well that's what that's who's kind of helping us out with traffic. This morning.
Speaker 3: Update on a co host no update, no.
Speaker 1: No update.
Speaker 3: Every now and then I'll get a couple of emails and they'll all come in on the same day. It's like, hey, dude, you haven't said anything in a couple of days. You know, how's the search going. I got asked about it out at monster jam by a bunch of people that were kind of coming.
Speaker 1: Through and getting a picture with us.
Speaker 3: We get we do a little small talk in chit chat with everybody, and a couple of people went out of the way to say, hey, you guys are sounded really good. Alex is doing a great job, Chili's doing a great job. Everyone's kind of stepping it up a little bit. We are still looking for a co host, and I just want to make sure that I get it right, and we will get it right. And that's about the only update.
Speaker 1: I have for you right now.
Speaker 3: So still the search is on. Okay, but I agree, everybody's doing a great job here. Everyone's doing an awesome job.
Speaker 1: Your weather today is skanky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's very it's very very skanky out there. There's fog, there's showers, there's clouds, and then nine o'clock the thunderstorms. The thunderstorms start nine, ten.
Speaker 1: Eleven, twelve, one two.
Speaker 3: They don't become scattered thunderstorms until three today, So neat nasty weather, be careful out there. Oh oh oh, I told you that Valentine's Day is on Fridays. We got the Valentine's Day locked in. You give your Valentine locked in.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I haven't decided if we're doing it Thursday or Saturday yet, but okay with the wife schedule because little busy on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we have a party at Cactus Cove that I can't stress enough. You guys are all invited to Okay, you guys ever everybody can come. Who has to be there are the twenty dudes that are gonna be on the roadside Friday morning and the twenty gals that we You can't not show up for this. If you're gonna drive by, you're gonna scope out the meat, you're gonna say you want number eleven, you're gonna say you know, we're gonna fix you out with number sixteen.
Speaker 1: You can't. What's out not show? That happens every year every year.
Speaker 3: The guys are good about it, man, They put in the workout on the roadside for the mile of meat.
Speaker 1: They all come. They all show up.
Speaker 3: Even though Alex gets their T shirts from them, doesn't trust them.
Speaker 1: He goes, I'll get you the T shirt when you Yeah, people can miss it. What about the twenty dudes?
Speaker 3: Chili has kind of been responsible for contacting them all.
Speaker 1: How you feeling, dude, Are you getting a good response?
Speaker 3: I thought I went through all of these and I served you up some real nice cutlets of meat.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's a good feeling, bro, they've responded. You know, I'm waiting on one maybe, but I've already gotten the alternate lined up, so you go, we're pretty good.
Speaker 1: You do you have the one guy? Do you want to call him out right now?
Speaker 3: Or you don't have that handy matt Right off the top of my head, is it Bob Smith?
Speaker 1: Bob Smith gets your ass? And even do it?
Speaker 3: I don't remember a Bob Smith. I just made that up, so I don't know. But uh so, what happens like the guy you haven't heard back from? What how have you contacted him?
Speaker 1: Calls and emails?
Speaker 11: Yeah, emailed and called, and uh think we decided today it's a deadline.
Speaker 3: I'd like today to be the deadline. I think, you know, Tuesday. You know, what we're asking is a big ask for the guys. Most of them probably have to work on Friday morning. And I don't think you need to take the whole day off although a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the guys do you know that, Alex? Why not?
Speaker 3: But you are gonna have to go and work late because we need you until ten o'clock. So from six to ten, well we're working, we need you for four hours in the morning, right, So yeah, most of you guys start work before ten o'clock. Well, you're gonna need to make those arrangements. That's why I thought today would be would have been a good cut off day. So there's just one guy out of the twenty that hasn't responded to an email or a call.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so today I'll call him right after the show.
Speaker 11: Okay, if I don't, if he doesn't answer, I'm just gonna scratch him and put the alternate in.
Speaker 1: Give me his number. I'll call his ask right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, grab us info. I'll call his ass, Like, Bro, you applied for this thing and then I picked you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dot chosen, Bro, You're the chosen one.
Speaker 10: Dude. His name is kind of funny, so I think he might have tried a phone.
Speaker 1: Because Bro, his name is Chris Bake, Chris P. Bake And now Justin Steamer.
Speaker 10: That kind of sounds like a made up thing, man, Yeah, is.
Speaker 1: It a made up email? Is it Justin Steamer at Justin Steamer dot com.
Speaker 10: At Cleveland Steamer.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, there's chili right there. That's for the kids. Look at that. Yeah, daddy, what's a Cleveland Steamer running back to play for the Browns? Honey? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Does it look fake the rest of it? Did he put one past me? Because it's that's on me.
Speaker 1: I'm the one that pushed him through.
Speaker 10: I know what he did.
Speaker 1: Email you.
Speaker 10: He emailed you and he can't.
Speaker 11: And I responded to him, and I still haven't heard back from him.
Speaker 10: So let me double check.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, but I.
Speaker 11: Think, uh love, Yeah, he responded.
Speaker 1: Is he is he in or out? That's what I need to know.
Speaker 10: He's in, He's in.
Speaker 1: He responding to you. Yeah, okay, so yes, I'll be there. We got the twenty guys, Yes, we do. Great job.
Speaker 4: A little advice for any of the twenty guys that may be listening now, maybe don't drink before you get out there. It's happened in years past. Yeah, and it didn't end depth go. Well, I know you can't start drinking if you don't start in the morning or whatever that saying is, but like.
Speaker 1: Wait till you meet your girl.
Speaker 3: The Cactus Cove party starts at six We've had guys go there for lunch and just stay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys show up with a thirty pack to the morning partner like, hey, hey, I sell down all right?
Speaker 1: Mile of meat? Is this Friday? Girls, you're not off the hook. You You're gonna have to do the drive by and see the guy.
Speaker 3: So I'm glad to know that we got the twenty dudes ready to rock Man.
Speaker 1: That makes me happy.
Speaker 9: Rock and Alternative us to the Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little skanky outside for sure. So we got some scattered thunderstorms to deal with now, and then it's going to become heavy thunderstorms later on.
Speaker 1: And is kind of just kind of gonna be nasty out there until about two o'clock this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Fog to deal with as well. So again we were just talking about sky. Mike is the one that's doing the traffic this morning. Could you give yourself just a little extra time this morning? No, please, a little bit, just a hair more time, Just leave a little early.
Speaker 1: Than possible and have some uh or what's what do you say?
Speaker 12: Here?
Speaker 1: Pack your patients? Here you go. I've never said that before.
Speaker 6: I have.
Speaker 1: That's a first for me. Okay, guys, pack your patients this morning. What's trending.
Speaker 4: Tattooesday is trending. Lawrence is our test Tuesday feature for today, submitted by the one and only Josh Tree.
Speaker 1: Oh watch check her out. He's got a pretty good taste. I usually like what he submitts. He'll be impressed. Rod Okay. Elon Musk is also trending.
Speaker 4: He's offered to buy open Ai for ninety seven billion dollars, but CEO Sam Altman has to climb and people are talking about that. And then Gulf of America continues to trend this morning. Google Maps to officially changed it on their app. And that's what people are talking about right now. That's what's trending on ninety four or five is the buzz.
Speaker 1: Oh I know this Chi. I don't know her, you know, I know of this. Tattooesday.
Speaker 10: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Thatcher today, It's really good.
Speaker 3: All right, it's really good. She's I'm not worried about that at all. That's gonna do quite well for us. On links and guests, buzzfests, tickets. Here's what I want to talk about coming up today is national Make a Friend Day. It's not easy when you get older. No, it's not easy to make friends. And then sometimes you have forced friends that too. Yeah, you're gonna find that out when you got it. You've got a kid now, so other parents and it's like, yeah, our parents, you know, hey, our kids are friends.
Speaker 1: So now we have to be friends. Now we have to hang out on Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna talk about today being National Make a Friend Day. When was the last time you made a new friend?
Speaker 1: Probably the man.
Speaker 3: It's hard, it's not easy, Okay, So we'll get into that. But I've got these tickets to Buzzfest Saturday, May twenty fourth. You want to come party with us? Seven one three, two, win two five nine four five looking for Calder.
Speaker 1: Number ten.
Speaker 3: The bus okay, ninety four or five in the buzz Good morning, brod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Still I still one.
Speaker 3: Of the best cover songs Disturbs and their Sound of Silence.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 3: I know it's nasty outside, Scattering thunderstorms throughout the morning going into the afternoon. Ninety percent chance at some point one hundred percent chance of some thunderstorms could be heavy at times. Be careful, I know you're dealing with some fog as well. We're trying to make that drive in just a little bit easier. Take your mind off of it. Keep your hands at ten and two and see if Jeremiah is calling me. Hey, good morning, forty You out on the roads right now?
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I am.
Speaker 1: What part of town are you driving right now?
Speaker 4: PM?
Speaker 9: Head at north on the Hardy right around green Swine area.
Speaker 1: And what's the weather. What's it like outside? Boggy? Dry? Oh, you're dry right now? Okay, yeah, it's not raining over yet. Okay. Hey, Jeremiah, your color number ten? You want to come party with us at Busfest?
Speaker 2: What hell?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna hook you up with some tickets.
Speaker 3: It's Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion.
Speaker 1: Everyone else, let's ticket master locations. You've been to a buz Fest before, right, never have no get ready, buddy, first one. That's awesome. There, I'm palm quick quick question for you.
Speaker 3: Then I'll let you go because I know you're driving. Jeremiah, how old you forty eight? Forty eight?
Speaker 1: Serious question?
Speaker 3: Now, when was the last time you made a new friend somebody that's kind of like a regular still in your life?
Speaker 1: When was the last time you made a new friend.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to go with Alex's answer.
Speaker 1: It's been a minute or I can't even remember it. Yeah, a long time.
Speaker 3: I mean, it gets hard when you're older to find It's like dating.
Speaker 1: You gotta let who's just sat in your ways already? You just can't go out and find a new friend. But you don't have classes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, And when you get when you get to this age, you've already got a circle.
Speaker 3: Of people that you're already pretty much hang out with all the time, and it's stuff to let other people in. Well supposed to go out and make a new friend. Today it's a National Make a Friend Day. It's tough, don'get.
Speaker 1: We're gonna make some new friends at Buzzfest, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: There you go, bro, I'm telling you that's a great place to meet new people. Jeremiah, we'll see you at your very first Buzzfest. I'm excited for you, I really am.
Speaker 10: Oh, I'm excited, man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 3: Brother, appreciate you. Thank you, thank you for driving with us. Happy National Make a Friend Day.
Speaker 1: You know my story.
Speaker 3: I lucked out when I moved to the heights. Okay, you moved like the best neighborhood ever five years ago. I guess it's a little over five years now that I moved. And all the people like right around me, they were all kind of similar in age. They all have little kids, they're all doing the same stuff, and they're all like really cool, like like we're really good friends. I wore dresses with them this weekend and a beard and dresses. I did that this weekend with them. There's fires, there's there's beers over the fence.
Speaker 1: There's that.
Speaker 3: I really really really lucked out, and I really appreciate it because just what Jeremiah said and what you said earlier, you start to become a certain age, how are you gonna make friends?
Speaker 1: Yeah? In what time?
Speaker 3: Because making a friend you have to put in effort.
Speaker 1: What do you have to put some solid time and to become friends? Where do you have an effort to do something new like that? Especially you I a little kid like that. I seen a boy doing the last song though.
Speaker 4: I made a couple of friends last year that were just like through Xbox. My friend Kim, we play Xbox with her sometimes. And then my friend Ross was buddies with a guy that I went to high school with, and like, I've hung out with them.
Speaker 3: I was gonna ask, is it just like you're just dialed in or is there ever a meetup, get together X.
Speaker 1: Back and forth? You send names to each other.
Speaker 4: That's kind of how like friends been to working. There's a certain person that used to work on this show that that dated a couple of guys that like I was tight with, and then when that didn't work out, I had to be like distancing myself.
Speaker 1: But like I said, I like that guy, he's my friend. He was cool.
Speaker 4: Like that's the hardest part when you're like friends with somebody's boyfriend or girlfriend that they break up with, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, I had to take a side, don't I Yeah, you kind of. If I put in time with this guy, we're pals. I like this dude.
Speaker 3: Most Americans have not made a new friend in over a year. If I think it's a lot more than that. I think it's a lot longer than that too. So I got myself in a situation I don't want to talk about stuff and that I want. I don't want to seem like I'm unapproachable because I'm always approachable.
Speaker 1: Just go off, dude, all just a discussion.
Speaker 3: My kid's gala was this weekend and I had a dad come up to me and said, hey, you know, I know that our kids hang out when you get a little playdate set up. Now I'm all about that, right, you know. And I'm always the first to say she can come over anytime. You're like no, no, no, let me can come over here too, And I'm like okay. And he seemed like a really cool guy, like do I drop off my kid and bring a six pack?
Speaker 1: Like, hey, bro, I'm going to hang out too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you have to be like, are you like a like a Beers in the garage kind of guy? Are you I like to talk about science kind of guy? But a politics guy? Because that's not who I am.
Speaker 3: But I think that's your last opportunity when you're older.
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, if you know there's not.
Speaker 3: But in my situation, you're meeting other parents of kids that are maybe, like, you know, around the same age and stuff outside of my neighbors. And uh, I guess if you start a new job, there's potential to have new friends, but.
Speaker 4: It's hard, Like I I'm buddies with chili and buddies with you like we're cool with the people we work with it, but like it's weird because it's almost like forced if you're working with somebody where you're you're like, oh, are you only trying to hang out because you work with me and you see me?
Speaker 1: But still like it works out a lot of times.
Speaker 3: Find something you're into, so don't expect to meet someone one time, immediately hit it off and become best buds overnight.
Speaker 1: It takes time. Find something that you're into and keep going back.
Speaker 3: It could be a coffee shop, it could be they say, a sewing circle, pickleball, and they always mentioned.
Speaker 4: Church, like I need a church buddy soccer that I got into soccer and I found a west Ham watch group and those guys are on my pals now, my lads, if I may, okay, well, if you like being at bars and drinking and watching sports, I.
Speaker 3: Also like that thing, Well, then it needs to be something that you're into where you keep seeing the same people.
Speaker 1: Over and over again every game.
Speaker 3: Maybe you become gym buddies and then eventually invite them to do something outside of the place that you know them from. And that's how a beautiful friendship is to start. Okay, half the reason we become with friends with coworkers just because we see them a lot. But it's happening less and less now that everyone works from home. So you got to create those scenarios for your that's true.
Speaker 1: I did any think about that.
Speaker 4: So you know, I think about you're want to hang out. We work remote, but we should hang out. Like I live in Detroit.
Speaker 3: My buddy Brigs he did the kind of sales that didn't go into an office at all. Okay, he did outside sales and he was based. He got moved from Buffalo to Cleveland. Now you're in Cleveland, you don't know one person, and you don't go into a shop or an office every day. The people that you do visit, your only visit once in a while because you're trying to sell your sandpaper or whatever the hell are you selling. He joined Second City?
Speaker 1: Oh like that? Yeah, he's a real funny guy. That's us.
Speaker 3: He joined Second City. He just walked in there cold, with no experience at all, got up there on stage, started performing, met bunch of people, and that was that's the group of people that he started hanging out with.
Speaker 1: It's like you gotta go.
Speaker 3: You gotta put yourself out there and put the after especially him, because there's no one to go out to eat with, there's no one to do anything with. Every single thing that he did, we used to make fun of him. Hey, bro, you go to the mall by yourself today. Dude, you go out to the park by yourself.
Speaker 4: Today, just trying to be tight with like a security guard, like a mall. Yeah, what's that you want to?
Speaker 1: Like? When do you get off? You wanna hang out? He's like, dude, it's weird. I go out to dinner.
Speaker 3: I got to sit at the bar, and he's like, I gotta wait for like, you know, hopefully like somebody drops a plate or something. I can make a comment to somebody. I don't want to be a weirdo guy that starts talking to somebody. It's difficult. It's difficult. So we're we're acknowledging that it's tough. Happy national, make a friend day out there. Good luck if you try him.
Speaker 6: You're listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 3: Five Buzz Nirvana, Heartshaped Box, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Go out and make a new friend today. That's what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: It's a national make a New Friend Day. Good bluck out there. Chad always sends funny emails. I'm just imagining Rod meeting someone new. They really hit it off. They're wearing a favorite band T shirt. They're both from Buffalo and the Buffalo area. They've worked in the restaurant industry. They've got many stories to share. But then they start talking about their love for craft beer. And that's when Rob walks away.
Speaker 1: Craft beer guy.
Speaker 3: I'll walk away from anybody that's super into one thing.
Speaker 1: I don't find that person interesting.
Speaker 4: If you're just well, if it's something that you're not into, It's like, I'm not gonna just become a like a craft beer guy out of nowhere. And like you being a craft beer guy forcing media craft beer guy is not gonna make me like want to becoming craft Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like I'm sitting here, I'm super happy with my love Street Blonde, and then I got somebody that just is constantly trying to make me drink this mud out of a can.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not doing that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like when like that goes for anything, though, Like just if you're into politics, like I'm not in, I'm not gonna want to hang out.
Speaker 4: That's a big that's a big I'm probably not gonna be friends with you.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't have that one thing that defines me. It's just something, just a dumb dude, I don't have.
Speaker 1: I feel like super thing. It's an idiot.
Speaker 4: Like sports, there's probably mind Yeah, you're like a big sports guy. But like that's like a pretty I don't know, I might be biased by fact, that's a pretty like acceptable one.
Speaker 3: It's like this guy just likes sports, Okay, dude, the guy that's into craft beer thinks that that's an acceptable thing to have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like.
Speaker 4: Sports is like a more like wide wide range of people that like, Oh I also like sports. Okay, Well, it's not like I like underwater basket weaving. Like that's not a that's a very niche thing to be into.
Speaker 3: The chick that owns the sewing shop in Friends with the Sparkly Elephant, you guys have heard of it. I've got so many people, she says, that come into our classes sewing, and they make new friends and they end up doing all kinds of things with each other. It's definitely true that craft or hobbies it's a great way to meet new people. Even I've made new friends by owning the shop. So get out and get crafty. Uh, says Andreas. She's the owner of the Sparkly Elephant Sewing Lounge.
Speaker 1: It's a great name out there in Friends with Okay, that's a perfect place to make friends. In Friends with.
Speaker 3: Friends, would no doubt about that.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The.
Speaker 3: Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up on the halfway point.
Speaker 3: I've got the Vibo five hundred scheduled for eight twenty this morning. I need help though, I need players. I need you with your vibrator to play the game. Today. I've got Marty Grog Galveston passes. These are not just passes, guys. He is riding with me on a Marty Grog Galveston float.
Speaker 1: You and your guest.
Speaker 3: VIP viewing of the Brett Michael's performance Balcony passes. Later on that evening drink tickets. What yeah, so what I'm giving away all week Marty Grog Galveston dot com for the full lineup. We got scattered thunderstorms which you're gonna turn into some heavy thunderstorm very very soon.
Speaker 1: Man be careful out there, and you're dealing with some fog.
Speaker 3: Heis today of around seventy two alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump reiterated his plans the United States to have a quote long term ownership position in the Gaza Strip at some.
Speaker 1: Point in the future.
Speaker 4: During an interview with Fox News is Brett Baer, Trump said that quote great people in the Middle East could potentially fund the reconstruction process inside the war torn area after Israel ends its war with Hamas. When asked whether Palestinians would have the rights to return to Gaza, the President said that they wouldn't because they would have quote much better housing. A key issue for Trump's proposed Guyza takeover is a suggestion of relocating Palestinians to neighboring countries. Elon musk Is offered to buy open Ai for ninety seven billion dollars must help fund the company a decade ago, but has since separated from the business and become critical of its operations. Open Ai CEO Sam Altman hosted x to say quote no, thank you, but we will buy Twitter for nine point seventy four billion dollars If you want must have been called Altman a swindler. They're just like, this isn't real life to me, Like when you have that many billions of dollars you're talking about, like, I can never relate to that, None of us.
Speaker 1: I can never put it.
Speaker 3: No one's ever gonna nobody can relate it. Any fantasy world that we're living in, doesn't. Elon Musk already have grock Like.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Twitter slash x ai. Yes, so he's just interested in this other one must be good. He's just gonna buy it. They cambine him.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Open a Eye is currently a nonprofit organization, but it's talked about converting to a for profit enterprise, and if they do, the nonprofit would have to be paid a fair market value for any assets that are transferred.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means, but cool, it means they're gonna sell them. Probably. Yeah.
Speaker 4: There was some fallout from Super Bowl fifty nine. No surprise, Philadelphia trash the city, leaving toppled street lights, broken windows, fires, harassed cops, and fights breaking out amongst Eagles fans. That's Philadelphia, They're gonna do trash things. Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts went to Disney World. Patrick Mahomes apologized to the Chiefs fans for his performance of the game. Kendrick Lamar's streams skyrocketed after the halftime show performance and Rati's can out. This year's Super Bowl was the most watched super Bowl of all time, with one hundred and twenty six million people all over the world watching the Big Game.
Speaker 3: And you said, we were talking about this off air to B was kind of offering up the Super Bowl for free to watch.
Speaker 4: You could just if you download the TV app, you could watch the Super Bowl and two B so you didn't have to have any like, you didn't have to was you know, it wasn't necessarily cable, but you didn't have to.
Speaker 1: Go out of your way to like find it. You could just download the TV.
Speaker 3: Was that the commercial with the guy's head was his head the scal cowboy hat was in the shape of a cowboy. Yeah, that was disturbing to me. Yeah, it was a little weird.
Speaker 1: I didn't like that commercial. Is that on your atometer?
Speaker 4: Was not a top ten on the atometer, I'll tell you that much, But I don't know if it was ahead of Seal or not.
Speaker 3: I did not like seeing a fleshy head that morphed into a cowboy hat shape, but it was still supposed to be his head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was disturbed. It was weird.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that was the most people ever watched in the Super Bowl, even though it was a blowout.
Speaker 3: So Chile's got like kind of a super Bowl the day after, all these different stories talking about, like you said, Kendrick Lamar and what Drake was doing while he was being roasted in New Orleans. He was doing a show in Australia and he was giving away money to people that were there, Taylor Swift, all that stuff. The day after the Super Bowl, Chile's got a blog page off Drake's.
Speaker 1: Literally paying people to like him. Now it seems like.
Speaker 4: It USA today, like you just said, did do their ad meter Pole to rank all fifty seven of this year's Super Bowl commercials. Number one was the latest Budweiser Clydesdale ad, followed by The Little Farmer, the latest commercial than Catherine O'Hara and Willem Dafoe playing pickleball for Michael Obotra was third, and David Beckham and Matt Damon's Stella Artua commercial came in fourth. The post ball on Peyton Manning, Shang Gillis bud Light ad was number seven, Matthew McConaughey's Uber Eats one was eight, and then the Harry met Sally.
Speaker 1: One came in ninth.
Speaker 4: I was just shocked, like you were, that the Seal Singing as a Seal was not coming in.
Speaker 3: Last at fifty seven, the's Z Suite ad Okay starring Lauren Graham, and then Kanye had a commercial but it didn't air nationally. But did you see like Kanye looked like from a from a dentist chair. Yeah, he paid, it was on, It was in some markets apparently.
Speaker 4: I don't remember seeing it when we were watching, but I saw the like I've seen it online.
Speaker 1: And then did he put a link out and it was like took a Nazi shirt. I don't know. I don't know what I believe.
Speaker 13: With what I see it with Kanye and stuff like that off his mess Try and stay away from Kanye if I were, if I were you, Vince Young's or Vince Neil, I keep saying Vince Young day, Vince Neil's private plane crashed, but the rock star was not in it. A plane owned by Neil and Motley cre crashed into another aircraft on a runway at the Scottsdale Airport and while he wasn't on the plane, his girlfriend was.
Speaker 4: And she suffered five broken ribs. There was one fatality in the crash. There's no word on who the deceiso was.
Speaker 1: What I think happened. Did you see the video of this yet?
Speaker 4: It looks like it like the landing gear didn't work or something like that, and then he just slid.
Speaker 3: You got a plane just sliding that where Vince Neil's girlfriend is in Vince Neil's plane, Like you said, he wasn't in it, and then it slams into another plane. There was a pilot in another plane. Early reports you're saying that pilot passed away or the or the or the pilot of the plane of yeah, I mean it rammed into another I was just sitting there stationary and just got run into one of the pilots pasaway. Man, I just don't know on what plane. So it's a bad situation. Lots of But what's with all the planes stuff?
Speaker 1: Right right? I mean it's there.
Speaker 4: There's the Alaska one that happened, is this one, There's DC one, there's it's it's terrible.
Speaker 1: It's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been a lot, so I know it's a it's a it's actually a pretty big story. It's it's all over the place. It's on the music blog page and the video is there too.
Speaker 1: It's sad. Okay, those are us, these headlines sports, So not a time going on.
Speaker 4: Rockets have another day off there to be back in action tomorrow to host the Suns at Toyota Center. And we're also just two days away from astros, pictures and catchers reporting to spring training down in West Palm Beach, Florida. The rest of their roster is going to report a week from today and they're gonna play their first spring training game next Seaturday. They'll open up the regular season March twenty seventh against the Mets. That what's going on in sports? Oh thank you, Alex. Vibrators get them ready.
Speaker 1: They sell them in just mainstream catalogs.
Speaker 4: Now, it's so funny if they sell them about like termistry stores, don't they there's.
Speaker 1: Just massage devices. Yeah right, you know where you're putting that thing, So listen.
Speaker 3: If they're not going to hide them out there in the mainstream catalogs, I'm not hiding them either.
Speaker 1: They don't have to hide them. The Vibo five hundred.
Speaker 3: Is coming up, and if you don't know how to play, I'll explain everything. But I'm gonna need you and your vibrator this morning. I'm just telling you right now. Okay, Round ninety four or five the buzz, Yeah, Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. National Guitar Day, National Latte Day, go out and make a brand new friend day.
Speaker 1: There's a lot going on today.
Speaker 3: National Guitar Day's pretty cool though.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good song.
Speaker 3: I think we already played some guns N' Roses Lash, one of my favorite guitar players. Good morning everybody, It's tat Tuesday. I hook you're off to a great start to your day. Scattered thunderstorms expected to turn into heavy thunderstorms. Dealing with some fall not optimum driving conditions this morning, so be careful out there. I am going to give you a chance to win some of this great Marty Gross stuff. I'm gonna come up. It's coming up on the show. I'm gonna be heading down to Marty gra Galveston this year.
Speaker 1: They I went last year. It's on my own. I think me and the kid went down there.
Speaker 3: It's great. I love it so much fun I get to do I get to do both. I get to do the Galveston one. Then I'm gonna head to New Orleans do the New Orleans one, riding a parade there. So martyin Groo is a big, big deal in our family. So I want to get you guys excited about it. I want you heading down there. Brett Michaels is going to be on stage, so again I'm going to talk about that coming up. In addition, so it's it's National Guitar Day.
Speaker 1: But if I can get a little I can get a little violin this morning, manviolin, that's a violin? What I know? You think that's Eddie van Haileen on the guitar. I didn't think that. Yeah, no, no, no, that's Nina d on her violin.
Speaker 3: In case you missed it, and all of you did, that's still a violin, I promise, I don't believe it.
Speaker 1: It's a violin.
Speaker 3: A three hundred and eleven year old Strata Varius violin sold at auction on Friday.
Speaker 1: Have you Stratavarius? Have you heard of that before?
Speaker 3: Or no?
Speaker 1: Oh, look Stratavarius. Well if it sounds familiar.
Speaker 3: Because like somebody, you say, somebody, you played them like a violin.
Speaker 1: You played them like a fine stratavarius.
Speaker 3: It's like the most expensive instrument in the world. These things were made, Like I said, this one's three hundred years old. Eleven point three million dollars for a violin.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: You're still listening to a violin. Experts say it's one of the finest instruments ever made. It was donated to the New England Conservatory of Music in two thousand and nine, so the money from the auction going to go to cover some scholarships there. Somebody has an eleven million dollar somebody bought I mean, you were talking about Elon must throwing around billions of dollars offering to buy AI companies. This equally just blows my mind that somebody spent eleven point three million, eleven million, three hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars for a three hundred year old stratavarius violin. Somebody got to hang another wall, right.
Speaker 3: That's saying the violin, when played properly, the violin is badass.
Speaker 4: It's not as cool as a saxophone, but it's pretty It's pretty close there is.
Speaker 3: There is a woman that plays in the in the French Quarter and she plays the violin.
Speaker 1: You know, a street musician.
Speaker 3: I mean the violin and the piano. You're just better than everybody. I feel like those two instruments, you're cooler than everyone. You've got to have some serious musicianship. It's not that you don't have to have musicianship to play the guitar, in the saxophone or the drums.
Speaker 1: Isn't there something elite.
Speaker 3: About a piano player and a violin player, like even almost snobby? Yeah, almost, like you know you're better than everyone, Like you call yourself a musician. I okay, little drummer boy, I play the violin, like, ok, you're better than me.
Speaker 1: They all seem like they're classically trained.
Speaker 4: My daughter has this little piano that she messes around sometimes, and so I've dabbled a little bit. I feel like I'm better than some people now because like I can play the blue A theme and I figured that out myself. Okay, good, I could do a couple of edge sheering songs that aren't too hard to figure out.
Speaker 1: But then she's there palming this thing with her shit is.
Speaker 4: Hitting it while I'm doing. Yeah, but I'm learning. She's also learning. The dad's a great musician.
Speaker 1: But just her pounding on it.
Speaker 3: If you're if you're parenting right, you have to say, I think there's some talent there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. If I told my wife, I think she's like Elton John.
Speaker 3: If your kid hits even three notes in time with something that they're listening to, you're like, oh, there's something there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's something there. Look at her keeping time already, She's ben Alicia Keys all right, well it's strataviraa. Now you guys all know what a strativarius violin is. Oh boy, oh geez, I haven't heard this in a long time. Do we not even do we not even play this game anymore? It's been a minute. Is it once a year? Maybe twice a year? Okay?
Speaker 4: Coming up the Vibo five hundred We do it for Indy five hundred two.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, so maybe twice.
Speaker 4: A year, which is around graduation time. I know that all you race heads out there, you don't know.
Speaker 1: I do too. Brett Pitt got an F one movie that he's working on. You've seen that. I mean, obviously I'm in the know on anything racing.
Speaker 3: This guy you call yourself a sports guy, he doesn't know anything about racing.
Speaker 1: I was. I raced for the entire pandemic. I saved sports.
Speaker 3: We are going to race vibrators this morning on the radio for a chance at this Marti gross stuff. I mean, if you want to, like just gather together and try to, you know, get to your drawer. Some of you have already left work. I've had somebody that said that they keep in their purse.
Speaker 1: They've done it, They've like.
Speaker 3: Excused themselves from their cubicle, and they've played the game before. So it can be like one of those little ones that I remember specifically. She said it looked like a tube of lipstick, but it was a vibrator.
Speaker 1: And she had it at work. I'm like, man, mean that's awesome. That is awesome. All right, the Vibo five hundred. I'll explain how this thing works. Boy, what a great prize they have for you. So we'll get you calling in after the break The.
Speaker 9: Rod Ryan Morning Show six am.
Speaker 1: Okay, welcome back everybody. Rod Ryan's Show. Find out what's trending out there. I know the weather.
Speaker 3: Is super nasty out there, so be careful with the fog and the scattered thunderstorms, which are turning heavy trending.
Speaker 1: What do you got? Kid Rock is trending.
Speaker 4: He apparently went off on a crowd at a show in Nashville, Okay, and walked off stage after they were not clapping.
Speaker 1: It's him being a little baby.
Speaker 3: I like kid I like kid Rock well, I mean sometimes the name fits so like you said, it's in a bar the it's the keyboard player for bon Jovi. He's got that big head of curly hair. He's behind the keyboards. Kid Rock comes on Special Guests and he's trying to get people to clap, and he wants people to sing along with him.
Speaker 1: His voice doesn't sound great.
Speaker 3: Kid Rock doesn't have he doesn't have a great voice, but he can sing.
Speaker 1: He's got a good voice. I like it.
Speaker 3: He can be sould full at times. It's not like his voice wasn't really great. He wasn't ready for the for maybe this special Guests spot. The people weren't clapping, they weren't giving him the energy that he wanted. He goes, if you ain't gonna clap, I'm out of here, and he walks off the stage.
Speaker 1: I got the video on the music blog page.
Speaker 3: So it's just it's not like he canceled a concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just he just walked on stage, didn't like the energy, and left. That's it. Nobody paid to go see kid Rock. He just walked out there.
Speaker 4: But when he walks off stage, it's and always make headlines and it's trend.
Speaker 3: He wanted a bigger response. He wanted people clap it along. I think they were trying to do Proud Mary like in the you know iticing Teina Turner style.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what else? Fort Bragg is trending.
Speaker 4: Fort Liberty is being renamed Fort Bragg after Fort Bragg was renamed Fort Liberty, so Pete Hegeseth is ordering them to rename Fort Liberty Fort Bragg even though Fort Bragg turned into Fort Liberty, which is turning back game to Fort Wow.
Speaker 1: So there's that.
Speaker 4: And then Vince Neil plane crashes continuing to trend this morning. There was one fatality and it looks like it might have been the pilot. Vincy or Vince Neil was not on the plane. His girlfriend was. She suffered five broken ribs. There were two dogs and they were both Okay, okay, that's who's trending my name for friend advice.
Speaker 3: All right, Chilly, the game only works as if we have people that will call in with the vibrators. I heard, did corn Brad just win this? I know she she played in it. May she sent me her six picks. I gotta get with Chili. See if throws around?
Speaker 1: Who cares? Vibe five hundred.
Speaker 3: You your phone and your vibrator. This is the racing that we that we do around here. There's a there's a big car race going on this weekend. But if you would like to be in the Vible five hundred, it only works. I mean I want three, a minimum of three lanes of racing, Chili. I'd like four lanes of racing, to be honest.
Speaker 1: I like fifteen if I could be. I don't think we have fifteen. I don't think we have. I'd like it. I didn't say we had, you know, fifteen? You know lanes here, Chili? You good with lining up some some gals with their vibes?
Speaker 3: Good vibes, only please tickle batteries in them.
Speaker 1: Your mic not working? Are you just not talking to me? He's busy, he's busy answering the phones. Okay, he's working the phones right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, again, this game I need you to do all the work. It only works if you come forward with your vibrator and play this morning somebody. It was requested by several people I know. Nurse D was one of them who said, you got to do the Bible five hundred before the big race. If we can get three four lanes of racing, I'll do it. It is oh, okay, we can do that.
Speaker 1: Because we're asking our ask is so huge.
Speaker 3: It's ride with me at Marty Graud Galveston on the Flow balcony parties and all of that, and we're throwing in a pair of Buzzfest tickets for the winner of the Bible five hundred Buzzfest tickets and all that Vip treven at Marty Graud Galveston for the winner of the Vibo five hundred seven to one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: We'll see if we go racing after this.
Speaker 14: The rud Ryan Show, Good Mornings on ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The Buzz are five The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That's Papa Roach and getting Away with Murder. Well, Rain is the big story today. It's gonna be with us from now until this afternoon, so please be careful out there could get heavy at times where most of us in this area are gonna be getting hit with some heavy thunderstorms scattered thunderstorms right now, and you're dealing with some fog out.
Speaker 1: There, so be careful. Wow.
Speaker 3: I didn't think we need to make the pot any sweeter, but apparently.
Speaker 1: This is what we're offering up.
Speaker 3: A ride with me Saturday, February twenty second, Marty Grad, Galveston. Okay, like with me that that's not the big deal. It's just that you are in a Marty Grass parade, you and your guest. You'll ride on my float. You'll get VIP viewing of the Brett Michael's performance. We'll shoot you some balcony passes for later that evening, some drink tickets Marty Grad, Galveston dot Com for everyone else, and then we're putting.
Speaker 1: Buzzfest tickets on top of that. Wow, okay, and Marti.
Speaker 3: Grosseduff is awesome, but you gotta throw in some We're gonna throw in some Buzzfest tickets.
Speaker 1: Then then let's do it. Do we have Kevin James start your engines.
Speaker 3: That was the best one ever I got three things to say, God bless America, God bless our.
Speaker 1: Troops, and gentlemen, start your engines.
Speaker 3: That maybe was the greatest celebrity start your engines of all time. I knew we had a couple of them, a bunch of different celebs that did it.
Speaker 1: There you go, let's try it.
Speaker 3: I just got three things to say, God, bless our troops. Yep, God bless America and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: SnO, helly. He was not talking the next day either, No way, he was not talking the next day. All right, let's start with Crystal. Good morning, Crystal, good morning. How are you today?
Speaker 4: I'm great? Thanks?
Speaker 1: How about yourself? Awesome?
Speaker 3: Awesome, awesome, awesome, Okay, the Bible five hundred. What are we working with over there? First of all, Crystal in Lane one racing today?
Speaker 1: I need you. I've got my scorecard ready to go. Okay, Crystal, what color is your vehicle today? Flesh flesh, it's a flesh color. Okay. And what size are we working with here?
Speaker 10: Six inches?
Speaker 3: Six inches? Okay, I can hear it. Oh, yes, it's it's idling. Yeah, it's already. I am all right, Crystal. If I can get that right on the right on the mouthpiece there of your phone. If I get that right there, and then give us a few in lane number one, Crystal, the fleshy fantasy, here we go go?
Speaker 1: Is that a dot matrix printer? Crystal? That's not bad a bad way start?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Hang on, he's still going taking a victory.
Speaker 1: Of that maybe? All right?
Speaker 4: Hang on, Crystal, hang on for the car finishes and just spins around the infield.
Speaker 1: Julie, do we have everybody on the lines that that's going to be racing here? What happened to Cornbread? I saw her trying to get through. She wanted to defend her championships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she couldn't talk, bro, she couldn't talk, Okay, no voice?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're just going with the three here. That's all we have, Okay. Next up is going to be Jennifer. Someone's got someone's got. The most popular color vibrator I've known this over the years is purple. I'm waiting for the purple one. Yeah, yeah, Jennifer Purple.
Speaker 3: You got the years of It's purple Jennifer and lay three. Okay, Jennifer Purple. It's weird asking girls sizes. Testa would hold her hands out, you know, like shoulder with and say, oh, I don't know it's six inches, but shoulder shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What size do we deal with here, Jennifer? Mine is uh compact, but compact it worked?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not about the size motion in the ocean, I said, yeah, Jennifer, say about five inches? About five inches? Okay, that's not so not as compact as I. I don't think I like being called compact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, here we go, Jennifer. Five inches of compact, purple people leader in laying two.
Speaker 1: Let's hear you go. Okay, it packs a punch. It really does. It's packing a punch. You can't stop. You're good, it's good. Great job she's doing. Dude, I like that Lay number two is out of control.
Speaker 4: Donuts in the infield again? All right, Jennifer, hang on the phone for me. Oh my, all right, we got Monique now. Moniqu's in lane three. Monique, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm curious.
Speaker 3: I wish I would have asked everybody exactly where they are.
Speaker 1: Where are you, Monique? I'm at home?
Speaker 3: Okay, that makes sense, that makes sense, home cooking. So your vehicle today?
Speaker 1: What color it's multi multi colored. Oh really okay, like rainbow color?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Interesting? All right, so we got the rainbow surprise. What size eight? It's eight inches? Yeah? Tank over there?
Speaker 3: Where do you keep this beast in the garage?
Speaker 1: I mean where is it? Now? I should have asked this question of everybody. The two and a half car garage, just the half a car means is it? Where? Does it live in the nightstand? Yeah, yeah, of course it does.
Speaker 3: Of course it does. Does it take actual batteries or is it rechargeable?
Speaker 10: This one takes batteries.
Speaker 1: Takes the batteries. Yes, let's get some weight to it.
Speaker 3: Eight inches plus, it's got batteries in it.
Speaker 1: It's rainbow colored. It is the rainbow Nightmare.
Speaker 3: In lay number three, Monique, start your engine, let's go.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm. Sounds like a taser. Oh, why there you go? Oh what are you hitting? Hitting the wall? We hit the wall.
Speaker 3: I'm myny, Come back to me, Come back to me. Money, Great job all three of you. Great racing today, great racing this morning.
Speaker 4: Hang on, Monique, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: You all talied up. I am hang on. Let me gott to fix this here.
Speaker 3: Okay, uh uh Crystal with the fleshy six incher, Jennifer with the uh, the compact five inches compact, I don't like that. Uh, the purple Monster and then the rainbow surprise in lean three with Monique, Crystal with her fleshy six inch or in laid one, do you have her as your winner?
Speaker 1: I do not have her, as you don't know she did great? Close second? Okay, interesting, so we might differ here.
Speaker 3: Crystal is out, Yes, it's it's the purple, the compact purple or the eight inch rainbow.
Speaker 1: Who do you have as your winner?
Speaker 4: I have Jennifer and a little compact monster over there.
Speaker 1: I'll say that Crystal was in third place.
Speaker 3: For me, Monique and Jennifer, we're the two best performing vehicles this morning. I gave Monique and her rainbow surprise eight inches of it seven point five, Jennifer the compact, and for my small kings out there, she got an eight point five.
Speaker 1: She's the winner today. Here you go, She's the winner today. It's not the size the matter, ty your race. Jennifer.
Speaker 3: In laying number two, don't ever call a five inch anything compact.
Speaker 1: Please don't ever do that again, but promise.
Speaker 3: I look, but the size does not matter here.
Speaker 1: You are the winner today in the book, in the Bibo five hundred.
Speaker 3: Now where were you doing all of this funny business?
Speaker 1: I was in my living room. Okay, yeah, so people are playing along at home.
Speaker 3: That makes sense to me. Most of these games people are in their car. Not today, Okay, Marty Grog Galveston, you want a guest, you get the right on my float VIP viewing for Brett Michaels. You're up on the balcony. We're going to get to the drink tickets. We'll get your beads to throw and all that stuff, and then we're throwing in mar Busfest tickets on.
Speaker 1: Top of that.
Speaker 11: Wow, oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 1: That purple vibry raid really paid off today.
Speaker 6: Oh man, this thing has been around for a long time too.
Speaker 1: Oh has it?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 3: It sounds just as fresh as the day that you took it out of the clam pack.
Speaker 1: And clammed it all right, awesome job today. Hang on, it's ninety four or five the Buzz. Where else would you be?
Speaker 3: Ninety four five The Buzz don't typle violets their unplugged version of plush. Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show on a tattooesday, right, Yeah, sent in by the Great Josh Shree.
Speaker 1: It's a good one today.
Speaker 3: She's been featured before, probably not for a while, but I recognize her. Sometimes you'd recognize not so much the faces.
Speaker 1: I recognized the ink.
Speaker 3: I recognized the tattoos on her shoulder, on her two front shoulder blades. I'm like, oh, I remember when she's done big numbers in the past, So she's killing it as the number one link today. Yeah, I did send.
Speaker 1: Chilli.
Speaker 3: Did you get uh the six picks from corn Bread Jess? She was at New Orleans party and she sent them to me yesterday late after the show.
Speaker 1: Did you get him? Because we told her on Friday we would post those. She's probably destroying property. You can't hear me in there. You can't hear me. He can't. He's he's grabbing his cans.
Speaker 10: What's up?
Speaker 1: Did you get corn Bread Jess's pictures? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Like I at seven pm last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you working today?
Speaker 11: I thought it was Bunday youth pictures, But if you want a month, just say, hey, put them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah I think I did.
Speaker 10: I was amusing, but I'll do it right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, yeah, yeah, because we told her on Friday that we would put her picks up.
Speaker 1: She was out partying. Well, I don't think she got him to us Monday morning. That's maybe we'll get him up. What happened to her? She was trying to call him for the Bible five hundred. She still couldn't talk from what from partying?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, yeah, it wouldn't It wouldn't have been good.
Speaker 1: She got in for open phones. Is he still in New Orleans?
Speaker 11: I didn't even ask, because I said it sounded it sounded like.
Speaker 10: Like you would have sounded if the Bills would have been at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been Yeah, I wouldn't have been able to talk for a couple of days.
Speaker 11: Well that's how it sounded. I was like, okay, that's I appreciate that for but.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, well we'll get her picks up.
Speaker 3: She was out partying on the streets as she was very excited. She's you said that she's got a philly An Eagles tattoo that you signed. Yeah, I wrote, all right, work on getting those pictures up on links and guests.
Speaker 14: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five.
Speaker 3: The buzz ye will just be fired up, that shine down and dead don't die.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this.
Speaker 3: Tattooesday, number one blog page on Winks and guests today and rain okay, scatter thunderstorms turning into heavy thunderstorms for a good chunk of the rest of our morning and into the afternoon, so you don't have to be out on the roads, don't We got one final Houston's headlines, Alex take it.
Speaker 1: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: President Donald Trump reiterated his plans for the United States to have a quote long term ownership position in the Gaza Strip at some point in the future. During an interview with Fox News is Brett Baer, Trump said that great people in the Middle East could potentially fund the reconstruction process inside the war torn area after Israel ends its war with Hamas. When asked whether Palestinians would have the right to return to Gaza, the President said that they wouldn't because they would quote have much better housing. A key issue for Trump's proposed guy to take over is his suggestion of relocating Palestinians to neighboring countries. President Trump also announced plans to stop production of the penny, which costs more than the penny is worth to make.
Speaker 1: Trump said quote.
Speaker 4: For far too long, the United States has minted pennies which literally cost us more than two cents. This is so wasteful, and I have instructed my Secretary of the US Treasury to stop producing new pennies. Let's rip the waste out of our great nation's budget, even if it's a penny at a time. According to the US MEANT, each penny costs three point six to nine cents to produce. In twenty twenty four, penny production costs to cost taxpayers one hundred and nineteen million dollars, was the nineteenth consecutive year in which production exceeded the face value of the penny.
Speaker 1: Can you hear this song without thinking of Elf?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: So that's literally titled ELF's song. Oh that's how you have it in the system. I was looking for pennies from heaven, but it's Elf song. Yeah. I think of like Will Ferrell. Yeah, running around Elf, I'll getting hit by a taxi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the nickel might be the next thing in the crosshirs.
Speaker 1: Then whereas that stop? Well about the dime? Why not the seconds we a dollar. The penny and the.
Speaker 3: Nickel apparently are the only two coins that it cost more to produce than their worst. Okay, so the dime doesn't cost more than ten cents to make, but the two that I mentioned do and the nickel might be worse.
Speaker 1: The nickel might there's more stuff, yeah, like the thicker. Yeah, they might get rid of them. Your pets microchip may no longer work.
Speaker 4: People are freaking out after a chip company called Save This Life went under. The chips have to be reregistered through another company before they'll work again. The company apparently didn't notify customers that they went under, and now if you scan your pets chip, it's not linked to anything, so there would be no way to contact you. The American Animal Hospital Association keeps the central database of all the chip numbers, but pets registered to Save a Life.
Speaker 1: Are no longer in it anymore.
Speaker 4: Your vet may still have your pets chip number on file, or they can scan it. If you have it written down, you can check it yourself at AAHA dot org. We also have a blog at the World Finnish rod Ryans showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: But all the bad chips start with either the numbers nine to nine to one or nine zero zero one six y four.
Speaker 4: The Duffer brothers have confirmed that the fifth and final season of Stranger Things is on pace for a twenty twenty five debut. It's been three years since season four came out. Ross Duffer says that they are way ahead of schedule, which he claims is rare for the duo since, uh so, season five is going to consist of eight episodes, but there's nowhere and whether we're going to get them all spread out or all at once.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for this. I don't know about you, guys. I feel like a lot of people are kind of.
Speaker 4: Bored of Stranger Things since it's like been so long in between.
Speaker 3: Okay, just what you said, Yes, now, I just saw there's another story here which isn't his biggest Stranger Things. But Euphoria is starting to film season three. It's been three years since two two seasons. I felt like that had like five seasons. But Zendeia and Sidney Sweeney they became huge stars. Yeah, and now they're like they're probably still like slave to the contract and they probably have to come back in film school. Film these episodes that thing's been three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they graduated high school. The Dragon House three years. Remember when shows used to come out every year.
Speaker 4: But it's different to me, like House is the Dragon in the Game of Thrones, when it's like they're not in school, like you're in school, you age out of a school. That's true age at a certain point, like you're not in high school anymore.
Speaker 3: It's been four years. That dragon only looks two years older. What's going on now?
Speaker 4: You can get away with that, and that's fantasy. So it's like, I don't know, I look that way. But my point is, you're right. The high school thing is silly.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they're gonna portray these people like just freshly out of high school, like Wolfard's gonna have a beard, especially on They're way lost seven euphour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're way older. I'll say that the Dragon thing three years, you lose me. I don't care how good your show is. I can't wait then you rewatch it to catch up to it. Yeah, I don't retain that. I am an ignoratus.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened on the first two seasons of the House of Dragons.
Speaker 1: I've already like lost I'm out out. I'm gonna It's like watching a new show for me. Whenever it comes.
Speaker 4: Out, you just gotta go to the YouTube, like give me this synopsis of season whatever, and then watch that and then start just put out stuff once a year like they used to. It doesn't seem like you're making money. Why wouldn't you just film it and make more money? Like keep going, guys, it was easy when something was on for its fifth season. It's been on the air for five years. They used to pull like fifty episode seasons out regularly, and now it's pulling teeth to get anything out.
Speaker 1: Ten years of euphoria with two seasons. Yeah, it's pretty wild, Spid, that's pretty wild, all right? What else? Green Day is getting into the movie biz.
Speaker 4: They're producing it coming of age comedy that they say is inspired by the early days of touring in a van. It's called New Year's Rev and it stars Mason Thames as well as Jenni Fisher and Angela Kinsey from the Office. The movie's gonna feature or it's going to focus on three best friends who pile into a van and head to la because they mistakenly think that they're opening for Green Day at a New Year's Eve concert Green Day front men Billy Joe Armstrong says, quote.
Speaker 1: Van Daze rule.
Speaker 4: You drive all night on no sleep, and then you play a show for ten kids in a basement of a friend's house fifty miles east of anywhere that you've ever heard of. But you'll do it again because you're doing it with your bandmates who become family, and it's unlike anything that you've ever known. No release date is set for I'm interested in this. I will definitely watch it. You said it sounds like American Pie type. Yeah, I'm down for that.
Speaker 3: Any kind of a kid coming of age, you know, like, hopefully there's a new great one that comes around, you know, something to replace American Pie, something to replace you know, my fast Times at Ridgemont High. Where's the next great comedy like that, you know coming from I did say.
Speaker 1: Don't sleep on this. It's called Detroit Rock City.
Speaker 3: Kiss made a movie, Yeah, and it wasn't a concert movie because somebody said, Rod, you forgot Metallica made a movie, I know, but that was geared around a Metallica concert.
Speaker 1: It was more of a concert film. Write a script around like it was just un stuff. It was a.
Speaker 3: Concert film that had a script woven in and out of it. Okay, so there was a Metallica movie, but this, The Detroit Rock City was also a movie first that featured Kiss in it the song.
Speaker 1: Detroit Rock City. So there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was kids in the seventies trying to get to a kiss potenter.
Speaker 1: Until today that that was the frumb Kiss.
Speaker 4: I knew that Kiss was in it, but I just thought that that was just like, I don't know, this is funny.
Speaker 3: These kids are in high school. They're trying to get to the Kiss concert. They're playing contests on the radio. Their moms don't want them to go see Kiss, which stood for Knights in Satan's Service, you know, like you had the Holy Roller. Moms like you're not going to that concert. So they're all trying to get to the concert. It's a pretty good movie.
Speaker 1: I remember watching that growing up, and I like that. It's pretty good. All right, Sports, not a lot going on. Rockets have another day off.
Speaker 4: They're back in action tomorrow night when they host the Suns at Toyota Center. And then in baseball, we're just two days away from asters, pitchers and catchers reporting to spring training. In West Palm Beach, Florida. The rest of the roster is going to report a week from today. They'll play their first spring training game next Saturday, and they're going to open up the regular season on March twenty seven against the Mets.
Speaker 1: That what's going on in splits, Nothing will.
Speaker 3: Cleanse our souls, Alex, of this football mess that we've.
Speaker 1: Just been through. Like a little baseball take your mind off of what happened in this NFL season. I want it. I know you had a rough year. I had big disappointment at the end.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 1: Let's get a little baseball talk going. It'll make me feel a lot better. And it's sad for me too last year, I know.
Speaker 4: But still every day is just sad to side hockey was hockey.
Speaker 3: I just want to talk hockey, and the problem is nobody here wants to keep you guys to talk hockey.
Speaker 6: Alternative and tell him at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five, The Buzz.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning Ryan Show, nine oh seven, time flies when he got a bunch of vibrators on the.
Speaker 1: Radio, he sure does, Buddy.
Speaker 4: Uh, this is one of those days where like my wife's like what did you guys do today at work?
Speaker 1: Well? How was work? We had some ladies call um with vibrant would you guys do today on the radio? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Mom, nothing, don't worry about it. Hey, congratulations all the car box Love Street blondes on the wall, all of our winners. I'm looking at you, guys. Five hundred dollars. Lauren, let's see what a minute he's got him right here. Amy was the winner of the second quarter. Okay, first quarter was Brian George five hundred dollars. Second quarter, Amy five hundred dollars Lauren, third quarter five hundred dollars. Gabrielle winner of the fourth quarter, which was the final score, five hundred dollars. How great is that? Thank you to our friends over at car block for helping us out with that. And what I mean by helping us out, I mean giving us money to give to you guys. I just go ask people for money. They're like, who's it for? I go, our listener is a promise? They're like, is Chili getting a cut? I go, No, he's not taking.
Speaker 1: Any of it.
Speaker 3: He would deserve a cut, right, but he's not. It's like, all the money's going to you guys. So thank you to our good friends over there. I already told Gunner, get the Love Street blobs ready to go. Make sure you are stocked up or ready to go for Friday night. Valentine's Day is this Friday. There's a large number of people here in America they say they don't have any plans for Valentine.
Speaker 1: Not in this city.
Speaker 3: We have the Valentine's Day party going down at Cactus Cove on Friday night. Thirty nine percent of Americans that they do plan on celebrating Valentine's Day this year.
Speaker 1: I mean, before we came along, I'll.
Speaker 3: Just be honest with you, it was a pretty silly holiday until we came along. I like to take a little bit of credit for this with the invention of the mile of meat and then with the whole steak and BJ Day a month later. I mean, we really put some meaning into Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: So, you know what I mean, I would like to take maybe you know, something on my headstone when I'm you know, dead and gone and forgotten about. People are asking, or they've asked people, what are their plans for Valentine's Day. The most popular response was doing something special at home.
Speaker 1: I mean that could be a lot. Is that a dinner? Is that like a tuggy? What is something special at home?
Speaker 3: Really leaves that wide open for a lot of activities at home. Second most popular response was going out to a restaurant or bar. That's what we're gonna be doing, Cactus Cove. So that's good that was the second most popular response, followed us by celebrating at a friend or family member's house. It's a weird time for the family to get together on Valentine's Day. I never really heard of that.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. It gets worse.
Speaker 3: So if you don't have a Valentine, it says, whether you have a Valentine or not, no shame in treating yourself. And if there's something that we know about this generation, they love to treat themselves, right, I mean, who else is.
Speaker 1: Going to do it?
Speaker 3: Thirty four percent of Americans planning to get themselves a gift for Valentine's Day breaked out the breakout forty percent of women, twenty eight percent of men. In the history of Valentine's Day, as a man bought himself a gift and said, this is.
Speaker 1: My Valentine's present. To myself. I would say in the history, yes, but very few who what what is the gift?
Speaker 4: Some dude that you just say, what is the gift? It by that.
Speaker 1: Some lotion.
Speaker 3: It's the rush of what are you buying your I guess if you have to like come up with a reason that you bought something and maybe said, oh, it's a Valentine's gift for myself, I just never have. It doesn't mean that people don't do it. I don't live in a box where it's like I've never done it. That means nobody has guys true talk. What have you bought yourself for Valentine's Day? Anybody?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 3: Ever, I can see a chick buying some flowers, getting a little chocolate heart thing or whatever.
Speaker 1: I can see that, yeah, has a dude going on and a box of chocolate hearts for himself. I mean probably somewhere, I guess. I mean chocolate's delicious.
Speaker 4: I guess how that is delicious usually by the day after when it's cheap here.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, all.
Speaker 3: These losers that have no plans in that survey, not our people, all these losers that they're talking about this American survey.
Speaker 1: They don't live here. They didn't ask people here.
Speaker 3: We have a wicked, awesome party for you, the Mile of Meat. It's gonna happen Friday morning with our guys out on the roadside. The girls are going to drive by and see the dudes. We're going to line up the blind dates, twenty blind dates. You could be a part of it in the morning, and you're all invited to join us at Cactus Cove on Friday night. All right, now you all have plans, no excuses.
Speaker 14: Now you four or five, The Buzz says, your chance now to win one thousand dollars an alternative income. Just answer this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 1: Grand, that's grand.
Speaker 9: Answer it now at the Buzz dot.
Speaker 14: Com for a year's shot at a thousand dollars in alternative income.
Speaker 1: On ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 14: Houston's Rock and Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz. Yeah, that's us.
Speaker 3: Good morning, everybody. Thank you so much for spending some time with us. Hope you're dealing with this weather.
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know how hard the.
Speaker 3: Rain is coming down where you're at, but it's about to get nutty.
Speaker 1: Wherever you're at, we're all gonna get some heavy thund today. Chris did buy himself something for Valentine's Day. Grist Hey, brother Rod, I'm single.
Speaker 3: My gift to myself this Valentine's Day, Oh, is quitting smoking.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll get behind this.
Speaker 3: I'm single, and my gift to myself this Valentine's Day is quitting smoking.
Speaker 1: It's been twenty four years. I can't think of a.
Speaker 3: Better gift of self love to bestow upon myself. I want to hold grandchildren eventually. Love you guys.
Speaker 1: I'll talk with you all in open phones later this week.
Speaker 3: Chris, Who, dude, I hope Friday is the day for you.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. That is really really great. Not so much going out and buying yourself, you know, but roses.
Speaker 4: I also thought during the break maybe some fellas might get you know, they're single, so they go and they they they.
Speaker 1: Want to have a nice night with someone, So maybe they invest in that, you know, fleshlight, lady of the night.
Speaker 3: Perhaps Oh hooker, Yeah, oh, you buy yourself a hooker.
Speaker 4: So that could be like a treat to yourself Valentine's Day. Not that we can done that, but that could be what people spent their money on Valentine's Say, is to treat themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess where did I just see a picture where.
Speaker 3: This guy, you vas a guy in New Orleans super Bowl got a hooker?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she drugged him. Oh, I don't know that she.
Speaker 3: Knew that she killed him, but took his credit card and used it after. That's how she got busted and left him there dead.
Speaker 1: So doesn't seem like a very nice lady. If you have so your nice little hooker story. I'm not saying it's a nice story. I'm saying that could be what guys buy themselves as gifts. Just on the news yesterday. Then, and let me tell you what he paid for? Nasty?
Speaker 13: Nah?
Speaker 1: How much? Just like she was gonna rob him? You paid for that like she was? She was nasty like.
Speaker 8: Online it's als online ninety four five.
Speaker 1: The muzz I was thinking that she must not have known that she killed them.
Speaker 3: If you kill somebody, you can't use their credit card after they die, you're gonna get busted. Yeah, if he's alive, But he's alive, she's she wasn't thought he was alive. She goes out uses the credit card that guy's not reporting that he paid for a hooker and she's currently using his credit card, so it's a perfect crime for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she must have gave him too much whatever she I don't know what they do. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's CARDI B CARDI B used to hard to be used to drug ice. What's what's your AOL?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 4: I got a little puzzle for you today to kill some time at work. It's called Numbers Pairs, and that is exactly what it is. It's like, uh, like a be Jeweled game where you're trying to match the jewels, the same colored jewels, except you're trying to match the same color number the same numbers. So if you have two eights together, you click that boom, they go away. You try and lower the puzzle and.
Speaker 1: Get rid of it. It's pretty easy way to kill some time today instead of working. So go check it out. Number Pairs, the world famous ride Entow page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, the Bus Radio Service.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Breaking Benjamin I Will not bow tat Tuesday, a couple of days removed from the super Bowl. I was interested enough in Kendrick Lamar's set to go and see, hey, like I needed black Twitter, I needed articles to tell me what everything meant during the halftime show. Yeah, and it further cemented very deep that there was so much inside stuff.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl is for everybody.
Speaker 3: If you're doing all these inside jokes and inside things, twenty percent of the audience at best knows what why you're doing, what you're doing all that thing, that that next clist that he's wearing, and this, and then you know Serena Williams doing this, and like your average person doesn't know that.
Speaker 1: I just I still stand by that the that I.
Speaker 3: Thought he's clearly talented. I think it's okay. It just wasn't mass appeal enough. Well, so it doesn't mean it's got nothing about race. It's all the insider stuff. The most people in this country don't know about a beef with Drake that watched the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Think it was just about a beef with Drake. That's the one song was.
Speaker 3: Right, But it was about getting back at him to show that I'm bigger than you, and I.
Speaker 4: Don't believe the whole thing was so I think it's a lot of it's not being for you. I think there's a lot of part A lot a lot of people maybe felt like the halftime show wasn't for them anyways, so this was their way of being like, fine, this isn't for you, this is for us, but it's this is now.
Speaker 1: Now it's our turn to get to do something that maybe you don't get it, but I think.
Speaker 3: It's inside what they were doing, all this inside stuff like well, here's what this meant, and this is why this was here, and this was why this was here.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's just go out there and kick ass. Squad there and kick ass. Yeah you know. I mean, it's for everybody. It was. I didn't hate it. I didn't hate it.
Speaker 4: When you read, when you read up on it, you learn a little bit more, and maybe that was the intent of it. Now I feel like I've educated myself a little bit more than maybe I had going into it.
Speaker 1: Me too, and I took the time to do that yesterday. I still not everybody's gonna do that. J just crying. Yeah, we're super Bowl halftime show. If so.
Speaker 3: Now, billboard Is wants you to vote on who should do next year's Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 1: Now we just played Breaking Benjamin.
Speaker 3: If they're your favorite band, and if you're gonna call in and say rob Breaking Benjamin should do the super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 1: No they shouldn't. Okay, I love ben Okay, I love the band. It's just I don't.
Speaker 3: It's not mass appeal, it's not big enough. And the only rock bands that could possibly do it. Maybe the only rock band that could do it is Metallica.
Speaker 1: But jay Z's in charge of picking, so it will not be Metallic.
Speaker 3: And it's funny that you bring up jay Z since he's taken over as kind of like being the person in charge of the entertainment for the halftime show. He's even said that he didn't want to put him he didn't want to insert himself too soon. He's not ruling out of him doing it, so he's going to do it eventually. He is as long as he's in charge. At some point he's going to put himself in there to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, Like, why wouldn't I would say, I would think that's my front runner for next year?
Speaker 3: You got Justin Bieber fan Francisco year, you got Justin Bieber who said he's getting back into music. Is Taylor Swift too big. I mean, Michael Jackson did it, so I don't think there's anybody on the planet that's too big to do the Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 1: Does Taylor need to do it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Would it?
Speaker 3: Would it help another artist out more than it would help Taylor. Taylor doesn't need any help, but I still think she could do it. But why wouldn't you do it when Kansas City?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, maybe you know, Kansas City's still the odds on maybe go back to the super Bowl next year, So maybe they do sign her up. Maybe she does do it. Be t s was another one that's being thrown around. Post Malone is being thrown around that.
Speaker 4: I would think Postmon would be more likely because Postmon could bring in any genre he wanted to and people would be down with that.
Speaker 1: I think you could do jelly roll like he's friends with. You could do but rap like he wants to do.
Speaker 3: Deal Kendrick Lamart and say, I don't need a bunch of special guests.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna do it myself.
Speaker 3: I want to be I want to go down on the history books as the first rap solo artist to do to hold this down I don't need a lot of help.
Speaker 1: Even though Sizza came out and you know, and Samuel L. Jackson, even though not he wasn't singing right.
Speaker 3: So people are voting on this right now. I just don't I know, people want rock in there. Rock is just that's what we love is.
Speaker 4: I just don't think that it's going to be rock because we went so hardcore into rock for a while, and now we're giving the other genres some chances.
Speaker 3: I think you would think that they would do some kind of a country thing. People are saying, Morgan Wallan, he's getting votes now.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna stop amatic guy, so it shares it people.
Speaker 3: Jay Z's Rock Nations signed on in twenty nineteen to what They I love how they say this to help the NFL pick out talent. Jay Z's quote, I thought it would be selfish to pick myself too early. He said that on a red carpet appearance for something. He said maybe one year. So he's gonna put himself in there, and of course, if you're in charge, why not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't know. I just don't know.
Speaker 3: Post Malone, I think it would be a fun headliner. His country album F one trillion. It's ridiculously huge. People said that should have been album of the Year. It was supposed to be really, really good. Morgan Wallen, like I mentioned, you know, like what would be great for US Foo Fighters, Metallica leak a park.
Speaker 1: You know that'd be ideal for that audience. I just don't know that they you know, I just don't know that jay Z would ever even suggest that I.
Speaker 4: Want something weird, like weird Out. You ain't weird Out Yankovic super Bowl halftime show. So everybody's like, what the hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's a link up on the music blog page today if you want to vote. Probably within two years Billie Island, they are they are fast tracking. These pop stars are getting too big too quick. They're not paying their dues. They're getting so big.
Speaker 1: So quickly.
Speaker 3: They're going they're not doing pop stars do not do club shows. They don't pay their dues. They go right from as soon as they have a hit, they're opening for somebody in an arena, and then they become the arena act.
Speaker 1: Man Shearon did, he was pent on streets. He's pretty poffy before he got signed. That's how you get signed. But once he got signed. Yeah, but you think chaperone was busking in a subway.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know where Doja Ca Hat started or that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's just like they're getting big quick, yeah, like kind of like what Jelly Roll did.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that.
Speaker 3: They don't deserve it. It's just there isn't like this middle ground where we have bands like we have bands like Breaking Benjamin that are just at that level and they stay at a house of blues band, you know.
Speaker 1: But if you look at jelly they get huge quick and they go right up.
Speaker 3: Now, sometimes they don't stay up there, but yeah, boy, they get huge quickly.
Speaker 4: Jelly Roll was doing rap and then he did a little bit of everything and then he worked his way up and then he blew up.
Speaker 1: But he had been doing he been grinding. I think. I'm not saying it's the same with everybody, but a lot of pop star. He's not a pop star I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yes, was Doja Cat playing in clubs and grinding it in a van and driving around the country doing shows.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe so, but I don't know about that to be that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems to be.
Speaker 3: You get a song, you get the the guy that flipped off the piano did that flip off the piano with that.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, please don't leave me song. It's a TikTok song, TikTok song, and then Chaboozy TikTok Yeah, and then boom, You're huge. You see. He performed at the Chiefs after party. No Chaboozy did Yeah.
Speaker 4: People were like, how do they haven't after party? Both teams had after party scheduled, but he performed at it and the energy from the crowd was not really there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I guess it wouldn't be all right all right.
Speaker 3: If you want to vote on who should play next years Super Bowl halftime show, I don't think it really counts as anything. It's gonna be cool when they release this, just to see what the public is interested in.
Speaker 1: Ryan Show, all right, at em up four or five?
Speaker 3: The buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, Sublime with stick Figure, feel like.
Speaker 1: That Rod Ryan's Show.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not done yet, but we are getting ready to to kind of wrap things up, and I'm gonna leave you with a pair of passes to miaw Wolf's Radio tave. So this is they say, a pretty great Valentines Date night.
Speaker 1: It's going on through February twenty.
Speaker 3: First you can book now say fifteen percent on the frequency of Love Bundle, but love guide you through the unexpected.
Speaker 1: Visit meowolf dot com for more information.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just give you a pair of tickets on no the show. Alex is working up a question for you right now. We'll have it for you on the flip of this break.
Speaker 9: And the rod Ryan Morning Show come up six at ten am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four to fives, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, time for knowing that.
Speaker 3: A pair of passes to Miowolf's radio tave and they are suggesting that this is a great thing to do for Valentine's Day, So the timing is perfect to give these away.
Speaker 1: What do you got for a question over there? What buzzband did we talk about today? That is making a movie?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Good one, I'm excited about it too. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 3: If you were listening to Alex during Houston's Headlines today, ninety four five, the buzz is everywhere.
Speaker 1: You are ninety four five. The buzz Good morning, rod Ryan showhipping out the buns? What at the very end? Put it away? Put it away? We're leaving. You've whipped it out for now. You waited the whole show, Alex to who that on? Hey, sometimes you gotta wait to the end. Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 3: Scattered thunderstorms turning into some pretty heavy thunderstorms outside, So just be careful.
Speaker 1: I guess it's just gonna be kind of nasty today. Let's go over to the phones. Let's get out of here. He is now time for know this show on ninety four five The Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rob Ryan Show. Who's on the phone? Okay? Are they there? Hi? Are you there? Crystal? Maybe your name is Okay, put your whole What am I doing wrong? Okay? Let me try that again?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hi, It's all right there you are, Crystal? How are you today? I'm great? All right? You throw another show? Sorry, that was my fault. That was all me. Let's what's your question for Crystal? Crystal? What buzz band do we talk about today? That is making a movie Green Day, No, you knew it? Yes, you knew it?
Speaker 3: Congratulations. Yeah, like a coming of age movie, like a teen movie.
Speaker 1: They're they're making so not teams in it. I feel like with Jennif Fisher and Angela Kinzie. Oh is that what it was? Have they already had office? Oh geez, I didn't know they had this one. Oh wow, okay, coming of age movie. I don't know. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: I know that you won, though, I know that you want a pair of passes too. Wolf's Radio tave pair of passes and say this is like a cool thing to maybe go get involved with, you know, Valentine's Day or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be great. Today's my anniversary, so this is perfect. How many years thirteen? I'm sorry, how many thirteen?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Are you going out today? Are you saving it for the weekend? How do you celebrate thirteen years being married? We're gonna go to Flora. I think it's not a random hotshot drive. All right, Well that's cool. All right, well listen, have a great time that and have the anniversary to you. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Hammeron Hank continued, just winning ways this morning lease me get some layups.
Speaker 1: Two questions to answers. He was in, he was out.
Speaker 3: Thank you to all the gals that came through for us today on the Vibo five hundred. I thought it was a great round, even though we only had three lanes of racing. I had a bunch of people trying to get through, but we had three lanes of racing. I thought it was really really good. Bible five hundred is always a good time.
Speaker 1: I guess there's another race happening this weekend. Yeah, the Daytona five hundred. Oh that's big, right, second biggest one. That's really big. Okay, what's tomorrow's Wednesday? We can play another game. What do you guys want to play tomorrow? Who's seven at seven and ten? We just played seven and ten. We can play another game tomorrow. What do you guys want to do? I'll take some requests. You can email me right at the buzz dot.
Speaker 3: Com tat Tuesday number one link today did really really well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Josh Tree, good numbers man. Looking at girls. Jennifer Anderson's birthday today. Happy birthday, Jen, Oh my gosh, it is crazy.
Speaker 3: Aubry O day. Candace swing cool. Just some of the names on that looking at girl's blog page. Guys are still looking at that milk from yesterday. Nice supposed a blog page that says, what's up with Tom Cruise's face? He did, look, I'll tell you what. That's a handsome fella. I know he did like that thing before the Super Bowl. It was a couple of minutes long. I was commenting on how good he looked. Now apparently everybody's dissecting like what he's had done. I thought, I thought Tom Cruise looked really good. I'd like half his hair.
Speaker 1: I'd like half the amount of hair that guys, you know, all right, that's it. We gotta go.
Speaker 3: Thank you for checking out links and guests our blog page. Big Jeremy Benson is up next?
Speaker 13: Or is he?
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what?
Speaker 10: See who it is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if Jersey Reno yesterday. I think Reno's in because I think I just saw a picture of Jeremy camping camping like in the off the grid. Yeah, okay, somebody's up next. They haven't come through the door yet, so I don't know who's up next. But NonStop noon, pick your tickets with this person in the one of Quack hour and of course, in about nine minutes from now, a chance to one a thousand dollars in alternative income.
Speaker 1: H that's it, guys. If the creek don't rise, we'll be back with you tomorrow. We're on a twenty hour break. Hey, I'm af well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 8: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.