Speaker 1: And I just turned around and I call ass out of there. I was done. I wasn't dealing with them. The hypocrisy of the cult is one of the things that turned me away the quickest. When I turned my head lights on, it turned and looked at us.
Speaker 2: And one of the things I remember the most where the eyes were going red.
Speaker 1: I see an orb of light. It is just circling these steps like it is waiting for me. And he begins to tell them that he saw UFO. They're basically like, what are you talking about.
Speaker 2: That's seven foot up on a tree, peeking around it, and that's where I saw.
Speaker 1: The top of the muzzle, noose and the eyes. As soon as I made eye contact with this thing, it don't like death.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Tenfoil Tells. I'm your host, Brandon Wright. Tonight is the first night that I get to use my new studio. There's that it's a little bit of celebration for this one. But back on topic. Tonight, we're going to be joined by my guests Bartimas. We reached out a while back and talked a little bit about some of the things he wants to discuss tonight. He believes that he contacts angels, and he also is a practitioner of magic. I know this seems to be a little taboo here for some people, but definitely piques my interest, so I hope you guys would find it interesting too. But before we bring him on, you've ever had an experience and you'd like to be on an episode of Tenfoil Tells, make sure to send an email to Tenfoil Tales podcast at gmail dot com or you can go to tenfoiltales dot com and go to the contact section. Either way it works for me. Is just make sure to reach out. We'll get some schedule for a future episode. You want to help podcast out, make sure to keep sharing it around where mouth is the best way to help the podcast grow, So just share it wherever you listen to it at make sure to share. You can also leave a five star rating in review wherever you listen to Tenfoil Tels that that helps with the rankings, makes it more discoverable. It really does help. So it's just one couple clicks here and there and you're good to go. Just know I appreciate you guys. Anyone out there helping you want to help out to you can become a member of the Patreon, there's the free tier. In the paid tier, make sure to go there and check that out get access to all the episodes early, all add free content. Also, make sure to find me on all the social media's. Look for Brandon Tenfoiltales on facebooks where I'm most active. We're gonna go ahead now and bring Bartimeus on. Definitely looking forward to talk with him, and I hope you guys enjoy the conversation. It's a sit back, relax and enjoy the show. I like to take this time to welcome my guest tonight, Bartimas. Thanks for coming on here and talking with me.
Speaker 1: Great, thank you, Thanks for inviting me and not a problem.
Speaker 2: So would you like to let the audience know a little bit about yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, So basically I've been an esoteric practitioner for just about ten years or so. Now. I first got started studying this stuff when I was like, you know, twelve or so, you know, so that's like a whole sixteen years. I've just been into all these sorts of things, you know. I started like studying grimoires and stuff when I was in middle school, just for fun, just try to plumb the secrets of the universe and learn about magic and all that sort of stuff. Currently, just in terms of my general spiritual practice, you know, I'm a Christian gnostic. I'm affiliated with the church up up here on the West Coast, you know, personally my own theological approachings of leaning a little more towards the traditional Christian side of things, but I find a lot of value in Gnostic writ So.
Speaker 2: Let's see now the gnostic part of that. What is the everyone listening? What's that rates that from like the normal Christianity version of it, because I know, like I mean, some almost those are agnostic. They don't necessarily believe in like they believe that there's a like the spirits, like a spirit around with God and everything else, but they don't necessarily believe the Bible is that's correct.
Speaker 1: So there's a there's a difference between being agnostic and gnostic. There's you know, agnostic is the negative form of the word. It means not knowing, right, So it's like this sort of state of believing that you can't know, whereas the gnostics have the exact opposite perspective, where the whole goal is this knowledge of the higher forces that specifically the knowledge of God to the degree that we can accomplish that while we are still alive. So a lot of the things that came up where gnosticism ended up being condemned by the official church back in the day was partially because of certain schools of Gnostic thought that were I actually think we're pretty corrosive, these really dualistic forms of thought, you know, that absolutely condemned the material world and said that it was irredeemable and completely evil, and and you know, and there were some others where they just had different ways of looking at things. But the general approach of gnosticism is that instead of just faith itself being the thing that accomplishes your salvation, you have to actually know God and to have personal experience with God as he is, rather than, you know, just just believing in something because it says in a book. And in fact, actually you know, one of the interesting things that's kind of ignored in Gnostic history and is just not so well known, it's not really talked about in the pop gnostic world, as I like to refer to it, is that Marcian, for example, who who is known as a very much a dualist, a dualist gnostic heretic who maintained that the Old Testament God was Satan and all of these sorts of things. He was actually the one of the main sources we have for the Letters of Paul, all those epistles, the ol corinth Ins and Galatians and all that stuff. He basically collected all of that, and he's the one who preserved that for the future of the church basically, which is really interesting that he doesn't get credit for this. The main, the main part of the whole delineation between say, somebody who'd be called gnostic and you know who'd be part of the early traditional church. You know, up until like the year thousand or so, it was really a lot of the time as a matter of politics more than anything else. I can't remember off the top of my head who it was, but one of the first Biblical commentaries we have was written by a known Gnostic teacher, which I think is a fascinating bit of history there. But yeah, generally speaking, there's there's also a lot more focus in like contemporary analysticism, there's a lot more focus on the internal aspects of the divine, where like, for example, in Saint Paul's Officials there's a letter. One of his statements is that you know, we are the temple of the Holy Spirit, right and that there are other statements like in the Gospel John where it says that Christ adbites necessary dwell in him, and all of these sorts of ideas. There's a lot more emphasis put on the side of knowing God as he is within us, and knowing Christ as he is a part of us instead of just an abstract deity somewhere else. That there's a lot more focus on that side of things rather than, for example, you know, moral codes and dogmatic concepts.
Speaker 2: M I don't want to derail or anything like ask questions, get it off topic or whatever, but like that was just something I know that kind of like I've always wondered, like what the difference when someone says they're gnostic, someone says they're a Christian or whatever, And I know I've heard people say they're agnostic or whatever. So I just want to try and get a little bit of clarification. That way I understand a little bit better, and anyone out there listening they understand a little bit better too, Because there's so many different denominations of religion, especially like with christian and anyway, one of my recent episodes there so there's over forty something thousand versions of Christianity, which oh yeah, I know, I had no idea that that was the thing, and I was like just really surprised and took back by it.
Speaker 1: So, oh yeah, post Reformation, you know, with the whole Protestant Reformation, it's like the ideas that Martin Luther basically established ended up just really kind of running off the rails in a lot of ways. When you have this idea of like, you know, so let's cook toura you know that only scripture is important and only faith. Well, there's a lot you can do with that. So you know, you have like here, particularly here in America, you know, you have like a bunch of different evangelical denominations, and yeah, it gets it gets crazy. You know, every other little church becomes its own independent denomination. As long as they have a pastor, they can be a denomination of their own.
Speaker 2: Interesting, it is strange to me how that works, because I don't want to go too far into my own stuff, but like, there was a church here in my area and people that I know were like it was their church and only their family went to it and only like the one guy was the pastor, and then like it was like their own family church, like all the kids went to their parents' church, and they're grand like their grandkids went to like no outsiders went to us. Like It's almost got like a cultish vibe to it. But I interesting, yeah, just whatever, I mean, whatever works for people, I guess, yeah.
Speaker 1: After a certain point, you know, that's that's pretty curious though, I've heard of this as a thing in more remote parts of the country. But yeah, interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, if you would like to dive into what you want to discuss tonight, I'm gonna turn it over to you and can go wherever you want to go with it.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, so, considering we got started off with the whole the whole concern of a gnosticism, which has to do with this concept of the personal exp varience of the divine, I think it'll be quite relevant to discuss my my general passion for for angelic theogy, which is which leads to the experience of communicating with angels, which is something that is, you know, a bit of a perennial topic in all spiritual circles, you know, I've seen like deon Fortune books all about like oh yeah, talk to your angel and all this stuff. You have different new ag things that talk about that. You know, it's like there's well. I also just recently gave a presentation on the Holy Guardian Angel. It was in Canada, but it was kind of ended up being a remote thing that was pretty fun. I'll actually be putting that up on my YouTube channel in a week or two, I think, just got to process the video and all that stuff. But so in the in the Western magical tradition, which goes all the way back to ancient Greece and Egypt and all that, there's a general process through which that that we humans are able to get in contact with the higher divine forces, which is often referred to theogy, which means literally just God work. And you know, as time went on, you know, after after society got to be more monotheistic or I wouldn't say monotheistic strictly speaking, but you know, oriented towards monotheist or crimoni'st conception of things, whether through Neoplatonism or through the Christian perspective. This, this practice of theogy of getting in contact with the divine celestial powers ended up transforming into this form of work of invoking angels, and so some some of your audience may be familiar with doctor John d the famous English occultist and magician who was the He was the astrologer for Queen Elizabeth the First and basically he was he was he also was a spy for her. He was the first spy. He was actually the original double oh seven. Funnily enough, he's he's a great example of somebody who had engaged in this particular art and received a system known as Enochian or Inachian, where he had communicated with these angelic beings. You know, he said he saw an image of a vision of the archangel Michael through his crystal ball, and he gave him a magical ring that was then used to basically receive this entire magical system into and a special angelic language that was used within the context of this magical system, which if you look at the history of England and the British Empire after this whole series of events, you know, he basically through his work established the British Empire. It's really quite fascinating thing right there. But this this issue of the work of invoking the angels. You know, a lot of people fall into this thing, this this sort of negative self concept where it's like, oh, well, I can't we can't know anything, I can't communicate with the divine forces. I can't I can't I can't know anything, I can't accomplish anything, all of these sorts of negative ideas. But we can and we can engage in this practice of theology which puts us in contact with these higher forces. And there's all sorts of interesting visions that come along with this as well that you know, considering as I as I saw on your channel, there's a lot of focus on the sort of paranormal side of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's like a lot of word stuff.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's interesting stuff too, you know. So there is this this practice that we can engage in that well, if I can put us in contact with these higher forces that can help guide us and to help us accomplish our goals in this life. For example, if you look in the book the Three Books of Occult Philosophy by Agrippa, which is a famous occult work that has to do with the three areas of magic, the natural magic, which has to do with like the virtues of plants and stones and all these sorts of things, as well as astrological magic. And the third book has to do with celestial magic and theogy. Like this whole process of getting into contact with the angels and trying to get closer to God through this process. You know, there there are seven different essentially seven different angels that correspond to the planets who have different ways that they can help us out. For example, you know, let's say that you are to be having issues with your love life, you could evoke the archangel of Venus, whose name is Anna l Who can you know? If you were to go through the procedure to invoke this angel, you could get help in those areas relating to Venus, like with love and luxury and beauty, appreciation of beauty and becoming more beautiful and all those concerns. So we use on a L kind of as an example here. So let's say you are single, and you really don't like being single. You want to find somebody who's a good match for you, to find a good significant other. So what do you do in this particular paradigm where we're able to tract with angels to gain these higher levels of knowledge and all these sorts of things. So there's a period of time and angelic work where you have to engage in purification, which is where you would just take a period of time to fast from things. You know. Nowadays, water fasting I've seen has become incredibly popular as well as just intermittent fasting on the whole, but particularly water fasting. You don't have to go that hardcore, at least for the initial couple of days that you prepare. You know, morning of you should ideally not eat until you perform the operation. But but there's a period of time where you take time to hold back from you know, eating meat and just reducing the amount of food they eat for at least three days when you're about to perform this work, not to drink alcohol or get high and do drugs and stuff. You're not not supposed to do that stuff while you prepare for this great encounter with the the direct manifestation of God's consciousness. And you know, there's there's time leading up to this particular working where you have to engage in meditation and prayer where you where you work on figuring out exactly what your goal is in terms of getting to know this angel like why why are you doing this? What's what's the reason? You know. Then there's examinations of conscience where you go and figure out, you know, how how did I air you know, whether it's in regards to your specific goal here just in other other things. In the old groom or tradition, they have a lot of pre written confessions that are meant to be said in the process, that are just meant to meet, that are meant to cause you to think about the ways in which you've you've messed up. You know, we all we all screw up every once in a while. You know, that's just a part of life. And so there's the purification and the prayers and meditation, and there's there's also just different ritual implements that should ideally be prepared during this period of time. You know. There you could use a table, a small form of a table. There are different diagrams of them called a table of practice, which is utilized for placing upon it a crystal or a chalice of wine, or some other form of the device used for scrying or to perceive the visions through it. You know. Black mirrors are another one that's often used. In fact, John D. Had one of those as well. So you take this this three day period of time where you devote yourself to doing this work. You prepare incense and candles, and you do these prayers and purifications and all that stuff, and then comes the big day. If we if we were to be following this example here invoking the archangel of Venus on it all, that would be on Friday, which is the day traditionally associated with Venus, which works great for that being the last day of work, right. You know, in your average work week, you know, the Monday through Friday nine to five, you get Friday as your party day, which is very much a Venusian thing. But I digress, But so you know, Friday morning, you wake up, you you engage in some private prayer, and then you prepare yourself to say this particular invocation of the Angel where you call you just call forth through the Angel and the name of God, and like your incense and cleanse the area with holy water and all these other things. And what happens at the end of it is kind of the more interesting part of the whole process. You know, there's the period of time leading up to it where you're working on kind of calming down and kind of turning away from the world, getting to a place where you can have these extra sensory perceptions, you know, instead of being distracted like we are in our day to day life. And so comes the time that you're to call up the angel. And when you get to the point that you have success, there's visions and all sorts of interesting things, visions of lights around the strying apparatus and different odors, not necessarily from the incense, but the angels are describe in the traditional literature is having particular special odors that come with them, sounds like the light ringing of high pitched bells and all these other things. Then the angels there and you get to community kate with it, and through that communication you can gain new levels of knowledge, both in terms of, like, you know, the kind of the theosophical type of knowledge where you're trying to know God and all that stuff, and also just in terms of getting advice for how to handle your own life and how to make your life what you want it to be rather than it, you know, sucking. Relating to the process of angelic invocation, I would like to share a bit of an anecdote from my very first attempt at this at this art back in twenty fifteen, I think was the first time, or late twenty four No, it was twenty four Yeah, it was the very end of twenty fourteen. It was the first time I had trying to invoke an archangel in my little apartment in upstate New York. So kind of an odd situation. There's kind of like a subletting sort of thing. I had set up a little closet to be my ritual space that I had cleaned out, and I set up the ritual table, and I had all this stuff set up to do this work, and I was working a kind of a late shift thing at a taxi company where I was, and so I wasn't able to do the right until very late at night, and I had I had come home. I just engaged in some prayer meditation, you know, kind of uh riling myself up for the work. And as part of it, I had used the first three of these Inokian calls, you know, in that angelical tongue. I had been recommended to use them. It just it was it wasn't me personally recommended to use the moves. On a pretty pretty well known website studio orcanist dot com that where there is somebody who was recommending using these three calls to kind of like attenuate the space for this for this interaction for the angelic forces. And it's in this very odd sounding language. It's it's very much a synthetic language in every way. It's it's it's interesting. But so we have we have the moment first time. You know, I've got my ritual robes on and I have all my stuff set up for doing it in this weird little closet. And and when when I had got started on the prayers calling on the angel to come and show up, there are these bangs in the back room of my little place. It was pretty well insulated. It wouldn't have been anything from the other people. It was like two o'clock in the morning, you know, there's just these big thuds from within my own quarters. And and it was it was kind of I felt the kind of like the hair along the back of my neck standing on end. And it was very interesting experience. And I started seeing the lights or within the the it was like a basically a glass from one of these like wineglasses from Michael's or something. Because my strying mirror had fallen off a shelf and broke in the week of the purifications, and I saw these these lights forming over the chalice, and I was just like wow. I kept on. I just kept on going on with it from what I'd been reading for a long time, and was like, oh, yeah, well you got to see like this humanoid shape show up, and then you know, if you don't get that it failed. But I saw these lights and I just you know, the whole thing just was like it was. It was frankly quite incredible. It encouraged me to do the work again later. But you know, it's nice to say this is my first attempt and it didn't go exactly the way that I thought it was supposed to. So I ended it and I was like, okay, well, I'll just close the ritual the way that it needs to be done and go on to do something else. You know, I'll come back to it later after I have a bit more practice maybe. And a few months later, after i'd come back home to Washington State, I was reading a book that was discussing it's called the oh what is it, The Celestial Keys, I think is what it's called by doctor Thomas read. It was put up by Steven Skinner some years ago, who's a big author and solomonic magic in particular, and the author this book this doctor Rudd from the seventeenth century who was a major angelic magician. Apparently there was some order of magicians practicing an Okian magic in that place and time. He discusses they are all the ways to know when the angels arrive, and he says that there will pear a multi colored curtain over the crystal or over whatever this scrying device is. And I basically just like slap myself, like, oh geez, It's like I was here, I was right at the beginning of the process, and I just fell for the stuff online that was like, if we don't see this precise form of manifestation, it didn't work sort of thing. And and but reading that gave me a lot more encouragement and I've just been practicing that form of the art ever since then. But generally speaking, oh yeah, I'm ask.
Speaker 2: A couple of questions. Check go for it when you communicate or when you are attempting to communicate with these things, and if you're getting some sort of response so that you believe are like. From that, how does one determine if they're actually angelic responses or if you're not getting responses from something else pretending to be that way.
Speaker 1: Ah, that is a great question. Thank you for asking that. Okay, So the general process is that you would you would ask it to swear in the name of God, because the essential underlying theory of all these things is that nothing can lie if it's swearing by God's name, you know, that would be essentially a grave sin form of blasphemy, all that sort of stuff. And so they are they are forced to swear in that name. And there's also in the Gospels themselves. Jesus also says that you know, you test the spirits in My name is one of the things that he says. So if you're if you're practicing in a Christian paradigm in particular, you know, you could use the name of Jesus and ask them, you know, are you truly the Spirit X? You know, and if they say yes, and you say you do you swear by the name of Jesus, by the five the five wounds, and by His most sacred Blood, that you are truly the Spirit X. And then the spirit will answer honestly because it has to. It's part of the rules of the of the game basically. And there are other signs too, I mean, like, for example, the diabolical spirits tend to have a very like what's the word I want not particularly pleasant smell, like rotting meat and sulfur and these sorts of things, you know, like I've had this, I've had this happen. You know, even when I've had I haven't. I haven't. I have never had a demon randomly show up while invoking an angel. Just just to make that clear to John Dee writes in his diaries about something's happening, But he wasn't doing a very structured thing, to be fair, he was just saying a bunch of prayers and hoping to God something would show up instead of it being in a structured way. If I have this spirit I want to talk to, and therefore I'm going to call this spirit and hopefully it'll show up. Even when I have had sense, when when I conjuring, when having to work with demons, or just in times where I've had to deal with them, you know, they show up. Sometimes they tend to bring with them a smell of rotten eggs, rotten eggs or rotting meat. It's just completely inexplicable too. Yeah, there was one time I went to go hang out with somebody some years ago. It was kind of a formal meeting sort of thing, so hanging out is the wrong term. And I came home is sometime in the evening and my wife was at home waiting for me. I came home and she was she was like, dear God, you smell like rotting meat. And I was like, that's really weird. There was nothing that would have led to that odor around me. But the guy who I was, who I was speaking with, had a lot of severe spiritual problems. We'll say. He was just yeah, he had a lot of problems, very very you know, there's there's a way to have pride over things. There's the thing that's being pride forward. It's like just sheer arrogance, you know. He was like convinced he was like a god among men and composition and theological mystical understandings and stuff, and the guy was just total nut. But anyway, but yeah, so she was like, you smell like death and broading meat. And I was like, okay, well here we go. So blessed some bless some holy water and uh, you know, annointed myself with it, sprinkled the place that we were renting at that time, and the smell went away. Yeah, Like that's one of those things that does happen. Sometimes there's smells and other feelings, you know, like demons will bring feelings of fear and anxiety and angels. You know, it says, you know, do not fear in the Bible and an angel shows up, but that it's a feeling of awe. It's like this profound awe into like like sort of existential excitement. I guess that'd be a way to put it, like an ecstatic state that you get to and interacting with celestial spirits. It's interesting.
Speaker 2: I've had someone and I've now interviewed them over this, but they've mentioned off air that sometimes they try and summon demons for financial purposes. I don't know how that works, and I don't know if that's a smart thing to be trying to do. But is that common that you're aware of, Like people they actually try and attempt to use demonic in it East for their own benefits. I know there's a whole big conspiracy about cabal's and all this other stuff. But like just in general, like the average person, is this something that people actually attempt to do?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah all the time. It's like reason number one why people get involved with the cult is mostly the contrac demons to get paid, get laid, or get even That's kind of the big three, especially getting paid. And I haven't really seen that it does anything for anybody. You know, there is a way to deal with the whole aspect of demonic forces, but it's just not in my own personal experience, has just never been something that plays out the way that people try to advertise it. As you know, I've seen I've known people who personally made pacts with a demon known as known as Clownett from the Grimoor and Varam, who has reported to give great wealth. But it's like, you know, one of the guys who I knew who was involved in this particular compact like severe kidney failure, dude, I mean, his significant other has left him. He's like all alone at this point, there's nothing going on. The other guy basically the same situation. He's very ill and just doesn't have any money, like nothing nothing really going for him, which is actually kind of in good part discussed in my favorite Christian Grimore, The Arbitel of Magic, which I have a whole video series I'll be releasing in the cold months when it gets too hard to film out here, where the author talks about this issue of people who have these ends they want to accomplish and they feel like I have to go to the demons to do this, and you know, they want to get rich. They feel like I need to go and talk to these these particular demons from these Grimmars, from the from the Croatia or Goetzier or whoever, whichever form of pronunciation your viewers may be more familiar with, or you know, the lester Key of Solomon and the Grimoar and Varum and all these other grim mars where they have these spirits that are supposedly devoted to making you rich, and it's like they don't get anything for it, you know, instead they just get damaged. You know. It's like because there's there's a very fine line that has to be walked when dealing with these spirits. You know, people think it's like oh, if I give if I give Belly all some offerings, like I'm going to get everything that I want. It's like, no, that that's not really how it ends up working.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I've known people who you know, even encourage doing this sort of thing to me some years ago with some particular of those spirits, one of whom was made famous by a horror movie whose name I'm not going to mention, but you know, I can't remember the name of the movie either. Is that one where there's some family packed thing and then like everybody dies at the end or something, you know, like, oh, you should work with the spirit for for wealth, and that same person now is like struggling to handle anything, you know, I don't. I don't think that demonic workings are advisable for anybody. Honestly, the only the only way that working with demons ends up working is if it's specifically to exercise their evil forces and to make them serve as slaves. Anything other than that ends up immediately turning into worship of demons and which which doesn't benefit anybody at all. It only helps out the demons, and they don't really care for our well being. They mostly hate us. They either don't care about us or they hate us. It's kind of one of those sorts of relationships there.
Speaker 2: I could go on for a long time and ask for hell a bunch of things. So again, we'll I know, we don't have a whole lot of time, but we can go back. Unfortunately, which you want to talk about, but maybe we can do a follow because there's a lot of stuff that I've kind of wanted to talk about when it comes to like the angelics and the demons and everything else and how people dive into and I've never been able to find someone that's willing to talk about it.
Speaker 1: So oh really wow.
Speaker 2: I've had people wind up, but they'll never they never come through with the interviews.
Speaker 1: They always seriously, yeah, oh wow, that sucks. Well, I'm honored to be the first one to come on to discuss the stuff. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I've had people said they've had demonic attacks, and I've had other people that mention things like that, but they I've never been able to talk to someone that openly communicates with like angelics or someone's openly communicated with demons or something like that. So it's something that I don't know if it's too taboo for people or they just don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: There's a sign of it where you know, privacy is one of those big things in this work. I mean personally, I won't there's some things that I can't talk about as kind of like an oath type thing, you know, where it's like I just I can't discuss something. But there's also just kind of a general principle and occult practice in particular, really just generally mysticism. You know, the fourth rule of the sinks as it's referred to a silence, you know, where it's like some things are meant to be kept private. You know, it's like a marital relationship, right, you know, you don't want to hear about everything that goes on in private. It's not something you want to talk about. It's not something people really need to hear about. And there is a sign of that with magic. But the general rules I think are really important, just the general concepts and to and to bring out these things that people can avoid the mistakes and avoid the errors, and to actually do something constructive with themselves instead of getting dragged along into demon worship and all the horrible things that come along with that, like organ failure. Happened to a lot of people I've known who practiced that art in particular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like there's a lot of people that they hear bits and pieces of it, but they don't ever know the real risks that are involved with it. And that's why I kind of ask, like, when you're talking with angels, how are you sure? How is someone to know if they're really talking to an angel? So that's why I kind of wanted to ask that, because people are you never know, like when you're communicating, people say they hear from God, they talk with God, people say a lot of things, How do they really know that's not something evil communicating with them to manipulate them.
Speaker 1: The grander rule that I would say for that is this is to use that gift of the Holy Spirit of discernment. And you know, it's like that sounds that sounds nice, but you know you have to look at the kind of the brass tack side of it too. You know, if somebody has a happy, functional life, if somebody's life just seems to be in order, you know, there are people who, for example, you know, just they may not make the absolute smartest decisions or have the most conventional life style and all things then told, but they have what they need. They seem like happy, well adjusted people. You know, then if your life is going that way, where your life is getting better and you're moving towards the goal of things being good and you can see appreciable steps towards that, then you're doing the right thing. You're working with the angels, you're working with the good spirits. If your life is going straight to hell on a handbasket, then you should be able to figure out that you're probably getting screwed over by something. Something is either lying to you or else there's some other issue going on there, either being lied to or you're engaging in negative spiritual practices bringing in evil forces into your life.
Speaker 2: I know there's topics where people unwillingly invite these things in. Like I said, I don't. We can do a follow up sometime because I know there's a lot of questions and stuff that I get from listeners too, Because I don't ask a whole lot of questions, and I always get people like, why didn't you say something? I was like, well, it's not what I'm I don't interrupt people, So I'm trying to do things a little differently here. Starting over we're in I took a little bit of a break, so six weeks to energize and ready to go again.
Speaker 1: But got that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, Yeah, I'm I want to start asking a little bit more questions here and there. But let's get back into what you're wanting to discuss, and then if we have time, I can ask some more questions.
Speaker 1: I think now it would probably be the best time to do the question questions aspect of things. Yeah, I think I've said my piece, just generally speaking. Yeah, if you've got if you've got questions, let's let's go for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you're trying to communicate with like angel or whatever, what would be the best way for someone like myself to do? Is that something you would recommend someone that's just kind of wanting to do it? How would you go about doing it?
Speaker 1: Well, first, I would before getting into any of that stuff, I'd recommend reading about the process and how to do it. You can either go through the old Grimoires. One of the best of them is just that those three books of Acult Philosophy. The third book has all sorts of amazing advice there. I just happen to have written two books that deal with one book, particularly with ceremonial magic. On the whole, just the practice, the protocols for the practice of it, from novice to adept ascension through magic. And I wrote another book actually that specifically has to do with angelic invocation for beginners and even has the whole ritual written out for people who want to do that and want to get in contact with these forces called talking with Angels. I'll send you a link actually after we finish up here.
Speaker 2: But okay, I'll include all that in the show notes for anyone listening. That actually brings me up to the other one of the other questions I was having when you mentioned a cult and you mentioned magic and everything else. The people that I know that are more religious type people, that automatically sends up red flags to them. So when someone says that they're a believer in Christ and everything else, but you practice magic, or if you are into the occult type stuff or things that were esoteric or anything like that, they're automatically labeling those types of people as evil. How do you deal with someone like that? Like, how do you deal do you have any backlash from religious people from the things you dabble into.
Speaker 1: For the most part, I don't, necessarily not so much in that regard. People have given me a hard time for like using terrort cards, which the thing that kills me about that is that the terror cards are all built on biblical symbolism, you know, And that's a whole other subject that I could go on about for good, good time too. You know. The thing is is that most people just don't really know anything about their own religion. And I just accept this, you know. It's just most people really don't know. You know. They think magic means that you're going and cohorting with demons and calling up Satan to like hang out for tea or something, which is like not not what I do, you know. And and if you really get into the history of Western esotericism, you know, it was it was something that was practiced by theologians. It was practiced by priests who were in good standing with the church. You know. It's not like it was this this like evil dark think. There were there were people who did practice the dark, evil magic of invoking demons and doing all that sort of stuff. But you know, angelic communication is something that that you know, most of the saints have done at one point or another, whether the angels just showed up to him and said, hey, how's it going, Saint cyprin or you know something else like that. You know, I talked about this and the presentation I did on the Holy Guardian Angel. You know, it's like there are all these saints, you know, Saint Francis of ASSISI who had angels show up to him and talk to him, and men like flute he was, he would levitate during Mass, and all sorts of other interesting things like that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The people who look at these things as being evil just because they're not, you know, explicitly in the Bible or part of their materialist perspective on life, it's not. It's not that way. You know. There there are things. You know, again it comes down to discernment. You could either do things and do them in an evil way and do evil things, or you could do good things with it. You know, if you focus my way of looking at is, if your focus is on God and trying to become a better person, to try to to try to help, to try to help yourself and help the world around you, you know, to to ang from that. You know, that principle of love thy neighbor as thyself. Right, if if you're going about it with an attitude of love for neighbor and love for God, and you're trying to become a better version of yourself and to become a better person. Then I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I don't think you have to do magic to have these effects either. You know, they're technically you know, like prayer, you know, concentrated, focused prayer for a particular material end, which would be familiar to the Catholics among your listeners. You know, like praying novenas to the Blessed Virgin for you know, for success, you know, or praying to Our Lady of Perpetual Help for assistants and grave matters and all that sort of stuff. You know, it's like that's that itself as a form of magic. You know. As one of my friends you might be friends on Facebook, he's a traditional Catholic bishop who's also an esotericist. He here first to magic as applied theology. You know, you're using the gifts God gave you, that God gave us, being made in His image, to accomplish things in the world in a way that is part of the system. It's all just part of the system. At the end of the day, as long as it's not being used actively for evil ends or to to you know, either as an act of rebellion against this against God, the in the sense as the personal understanding of God, and in the sense of going against the Great How do I want to put it like this? The source of all things, that is essentially the principle that guides and moves everything that lives, in whom we live and move and have our being who just pervades everything. And you know, he has made manifest as all forms of consciousness and all that as song, as we're not trying to go against that and to cause harm to ourselves and to those around us, which really just requires some common sense. You know, I think we can all figure out what it means to actively harm somebody else or ourselves for that matter. You know, as long as we have have love and the assistance of life is ours, our purpose and all of this, it becomes it becomes very simple to know what is good and what is bad. When it comes to spiritual practice, whether whether you want to referred to it as a cult or esoteric or whatever anything else, it it becomes it becomes obvious, it's driven by by genuine by genuine love and then will end up being good. And that's what I tell people who ask me about these things. I mean, really, frankly, I don't deal with too many people who are on the that side of like the hard Evangelical Protestant Christian thing where they just don't understand these things at all because they reject the very models that the practice I have is based on. But most people I've I've interacted with will understand if you explain it to them right, they will eventually come to understand it and to see that it's not the evil thing. You know, it's at the end of the day, most of it is just advanced prayer, is how I put it, except for the parts where you're directly interacting with spiritual entities. That's kind of the part where it's a bit more interesting. So who am I to criticized?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was raised in a religious family, like I was brought up in a Pentecostal church, which, oh wow, that in itself is interesting. When they talk in tongues and everything else too, that's very strong.
Speaker 1: Like the healing stuff too, right they put the hands.
Speaker 2: And Yeah, so there's a lot of different aspects to that that can be turned into similar thing, like though they have the anointed hands to heal people, or they're speaking in God's language which is almost sounds like gibberish. There's so many different aspects to that that make you wonder, like how can they be against so many different things? Yeah, they do different things. That's what I said about the forty different, forty thousand different aspects to Christianity, Like there's just so many different little pieces that people interpret everything differently and have their own version and their own church and their own denomination, and each one has their own like strange aspect to it. So I just feel like with when you go with magic, I had someone recently on here that so they're a practitioner of magic, and I got people sending emails and comments about people practicing black arts they're evil and this is like that he never mentioned anything like that, Like he mentioned certain things here and there, but like that's not what he's doing. He's not like interacting and trying to curse people or bring demons, you know what I mean. Like, it's just they only hear what they want to hear.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Well, I hope I don't bring you too many negative comments. And flack or anything.
Speaker 2: No, like it's should be fine. I got one actually too. I got a couple from something recently. But the one the ones recently was actually saying I need to get more I need to be pushing more Christian views out there and more. This is not like I don't push views on any aspect, Like, that's not what my show's about. I'm here to let people discuss what they want to discuss. I don't have an agenda, so I'm not out here trying to push one way or the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. But yeah, well we need more, we need more shows like this. I think it's a good thing you're doing where it's just kind of like discussion, get to hear about different things rather than you know, having an angle you're trying to force or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, I just it's free flowing conversation for the me. Like, people come on here and they have a topic they want to discuss, and I'm all for it. So but yeah, you said you've written a couple of books. Whatever you have for that, you can send me links to and I'll make sure to include everything in the show notes. But I know we're running short on time. Tonight, But if there's anything else you'd like to discuss real quick, or at least let the audience know where they can. You'd like for them to reach out to you or get in touch with you about something.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I wish I had more time tonight, but there's just yeah, scheduling things that ended up getting the way, family obligations and stuff. So if you would like to find me on YouTube or I have just I have videos I've been putting up for the past several months now. You can look me up as Bartimaeus Black got a sun cross as my logo. There. I put up videos every Wednesday morning. I've put out a few books. I have one out on traditional Western ceremonial magic, particularly from this Christian gnostic perspective, but I try to really leave it open for other people to add to understand it through their own theological lens, rather than pushing my exact theological views on them. It's just kind of an explanation of the protocols associated with this form of magic, you know, for spirit invocation, and how to make the tools, and well not how to make the tools much as the symbolism of the tools, so that it all makes sense as to how it all works together to make a unified system for doing this work as well as talking with angels. An Introductory Guide to Angelic Theology, which is written more for people who are just interested in the concept, you know, It's written a lot for people who are more into the alt spirituality New Age type stuff, still with the theological background that I approach it from. But there's a whole sample ritual written out in there, and a lot of detail given regarding the purification processes and everything that actually goes into constructing a successful ritual for communicating with these divine forces. And I also put out a book on the taro out terror Decoded Divination for All, where I go through the symbolism of the Tarot cards, mostly the major Arkana, and explain how to use them in divination and give some practical pointers. I've been reading cards for a good chunk of time. Now I also do professionally, but that's a whole other thing. So yeah, that's that's what I've got. I'm on Facebook too. If you want to look me up on Facebook, Bartimes Black, feel free to shoot me your message and we can chat. And yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Awesome again. Yeah, just send me links to your books and everything and I will include those for anyone listening. It's interested, they can check it out.
Speaker 1: Awesome, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a problem, right.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure to meet you and to be on your show tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely been a pleasure, and we'll make sure to do a follow up when you get another chance. I'm kind of booked out for a little bit, but there's definitely a lot of things I'd like to discuss, so yeah, sure, just.
Speaker 1: Shoot me an email and let me know, let me know when you're free next and we'll work it up.
Speaker 2: Yep, sounds good. Well, thank you for the time tonight, and I want to say thanks for everyone out there listening. So good night everyone, and that's the show everyone. I rather hope you guys enjoyed the conversations. If you would like to be a guest on Tenfoil Tells, remember to send an email to Tenfoil Tales Podcast at gmail dot com or go to the contact section of tenfoiltales dot com. Just get your message to me. We'll get some schedule for a future episode, and just remember the truth lies and the stories we share, the connections we make stay curiously open minded. Thank you all for joining us on this journey. And until next time, keep questioning, keep seeking, and keep exploring the unknown. Good Night, everyone seems sounds in the headphones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's turn to rock. Got a story about a crypty creature. Let's take a walk, big foot up there. They're out there in the talk, but the truth is out there, likingly as fuck. UFO signings got the whole world shock conspiracies on phones like a story in a book. Me console sign the kids all gonna use the whole mind.
Speaker 1: In history.
Speaker 3: They don't want us to know the secrets that hide, since they will show no day, no society. They keep us in chase, but in time it's time to break the reins. Control trying to keep us fine. But I'm all people are gonna use my.
Speaker 1: Mind in history.
Speaker 3: They don't want us to know the secrets that hide, since they will show the lead society. Thank you us and Chase, but san it talks sound to break the reins.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm