Speaker 1: Look, it's just a very sad day around the around the show this morning. I'm not gonna lie. I was all excited for the big Sadie Hawkins dance the Shop right, look forward to that, very exciting. Wanted to go with my bow or bay or whatever we call it nowadays. And unfortunately Ross we got broken up with yesterday and they sent an email that they couldn't even do it face to face. So so I I got not one, but normally I would just ignore this because I'm like, yeah, you'll, you'll come around, But uh, not one, but two people are very upset because we have any criticism over the signal thing and have expressed said criticism. So I let me know what else is out there. Let me know how that works for you guys, because that seems like a little bit of an overreaction for pointing out that maybe, just maybe we should expect higher standards. I don't believe Ross or I and I maybe Ross tweeted something. I didn't see it. I don't believe ross Or I was like, oh, they all have to resign and then they should all go to guantanamo. I don't believe that was a discussion that we had yesterday. I think the discussion we had yesterday is this is dumb. Why do you keep feeding the fire on this and right after the show, literally right after the show, because these leftist journalists do everything to screw me over. Right after the show, we had Goldberg release quote unquote the rest of the transcript. I think there's one little party didn't but and I immediately commented on it and pointed out, yeah, this isn't war plans, but it's also not nothing, and it's just a really bad look. And as I instructed on the show yesterday, maybe the best thing to do, because of course the Democrats and the media one and the same are going to feast upon it, is to stop tweeting out seven eight paragraph rebuttals and just go do what you were doing, right, Go do what you're doing. I don't excuse me, I don't know if I have confidence in Mike Waltz. Just just dear to the due to the sheer stupidity and boneheadedness of this. But a combination of Mike will Altu, the uh you know, obviously the VP Pete Hegge Seth is twenty times better than their predecessors. So like you can you can be upset like if your kid, if your kid did something right, if your kid did something you respond. It doesn't mean you're like, I don't love my kid anymore. I don't know, or maybe it does. I don't know. But for most people, they're like, no, I don't love my kid, And no, you're like, oh, my kid did something really stupid. Let's go ahead and figure out how they're not going to do it again, and maybe we'll get a teachable moment out of this, and then you move on, right, you know, later that day when your kids, Oh, I wonder if dad's still mad at me. Hey, you give them a hug. You're like, hey, buddy, it's okay. That's it. It's very simple, right, because because the the opponents of this administration clearly overplayed what it is they had right, there's I read this thing and I saw and I pointed out yesterday, I'm like, this is it's very non specific. Now it's not so nonspecific. You didn't know you were dealing with the Hoothy's. I saw people saying that. I'm like, the literally the group chat is called like hoothy. You know, it's got HOOTI in the name. So like, you know what's up. But it's not like they only have one target, right, They're spread all over South Yemen there, but primarily concentrated for the purpose of jacking with ships. So what they're talking about is is not coordinates, it's not it's it's literally things like all right, the planes took off. I mean I could read it to you, but I'm sure you've read it. All right, planes are out, this is out, and then it's it's updates too. It's like, yeah, we blew that thing to smithereens target's there, doesn't say who the target is, but now you know, now in retrospect, we know who the target was. They blew up that apartment building, which, by the way, I saw associated press trying to pretend was like a daycare as well. It was. It was an apartment building, but it was one that was literally controlled by the Hootis and it housed it literally housed their fighters and also uh in in some cases in the case that we used it there, uh there you know their action there. There a little side piece there. His dude's married, but he went to his girlfriend's. Well not anymore because now he's missed. But yeah, so like you already know that they're going to do this, So why on God's green Earth when there is a possibility of some justifiable criticism, are you just like, I don't want to talk to anybody who may have problems. But how do you think that's going to work for you? How do you think that attitude is one that comports with expecting, demanding, appreciating when it's happening Again, this, this group is one hundred times better than the last group, but having a certain set of standards that you don't just go, well, you know, since I voted for him, they don't have to live up to it. No, that's not how it works. And all they had to do was go, well, that was dumb, Mike, you're an idiot, blah blah blah, And then you explain how it happened and why it won't happen again. You'd have been done with it. I mean, the media wouldn't have been done with this, but I'd have been done with it in the day. I'd been like, all right, because that's all you really want, that's all you really you just you want them to recognize. Hey, sometimes you just you just got to bite the bullet. Sometimes you're wrong. Sometimes you mess up. I don't like, I'm not attaching any sort of animis to it. I think somebody's just dumb. And then people are running around and they're like, well, you know what it was is it was a super secret hack from a you know, a Biden holdover. All right, well then show me that because it probably wasn't because you got to you just Oukham's razor this stuff. What is the most likely scenario as to how this journalists got on? There is the most likely scenario, some super secret holdover that was sabotaging government phones, which I saw people running around with yesterday, or once you do the Ockham's razor, is it somebody's got that that person in their contacts for whatever reason, and they are idiots when it comes to you know, maybe they're not tech savvy whatever. But if that's the case, holy hell, you better let your staff handle these things. What do you think is the most likely? So anyway, always appreciate your email. Don't always understand it. But could I be so bold as to suggest you're probably listening right now, just saying AnyWho? All right, coming up on the show. Good morning, It is six fifteen. There's another issue too that I don't understand. And I saw this going viral yesterday. So the kid of one of the producers, one of the big producers for the Snow White movie, he was on Instagram and somebody was criticizing his dad. Who's you know, who is the producer? I say, kid, he's a grown adult obviously, but was criticizing his dad for being weird, for flying from LA to New York to have a face to face with Rachel Zegler after you know, everything blew up, which I didn't know happened. Apparently it happened whatever. And then and then like Rachel Zegler apologists you know again, people who can't stop for a moment and just go, hey, you know what, maybe this isn't a good idea. They were all mad at this guy. And then his son wrote some thing like hey, she's a narcissist, she's entitled, and everyone's like, yeah, you rock man. And then and then they're like, seemingly on the producer's side. Do you think Rachel Zegler was the only problem with that movie? Do you get what I'm driving at? So, like, I don't know, I got a couple of things that annoy me this morning, and my voice sounds a little rough too. I don't know. I'll deal with that. But yeah, just just a couple of little things, and we got some fun stuff. We've got some audio that'll probably make you up, you know, punch your dash, but that's what we do here. So uh, let's go ahead and take a break. We'll come back. It is the CaCO Day Radio Progress. I guess some of you don't know the because you don't live on Twitter or I have way too much free time. And I can actually respect that. So so yesterday, going back to this yesterday, Mark Klatt is the guy's name. He is so one of the big producers for Snow White. He's not just a money guy. He's like muckety mucky exec Okay, so he is guiding the content. He is, he's not He's not just somebody who threw his money in because like when you see when you see those producers, executive producers all of that, like half of them are there for the credit and they really have no input on what ends up in the movie. They're just a money guy. Okay. That's how you get a producer tag. And a lot of times you'll see actors that are there, and those are generally how deals are structured if they have enough pull or if it's a project they themselves want to put money in, and it's it's just a way. It's just how the points get distributed. And the points are the revenue. Okay, So if you're a big actor, if you're like Tom Cruise and you go do a movie, chances are you got a piece of that, even if you didn't pony up money just for being Tom Cruise. And I know, beef with that that being said, when you are one of the working producers, one of the day to day producers, one of the people who is not just there for the money because at the end of the day, you're all there for the money, but also is you know, essentially has a boss, right So Mark Platt boss is Disney, and he's one of these people we were talking about maybe Head's roll And I saw this yesterday. I saw his kid who is again not a kid, but he was on Instagram and somebody and the dude is a grown man, right he is. He was on a podcast where they have a picture for the for the purpose of this article. Dude looks like he's in his late twenties, whatever, full beard whatever. Right, So just just to be clear, this isn't some seventeen year old who saw his dad getting roasted and it happened because there was a story that came out yesterday, I guess two days ago that Mark Platt as like boss Man producer after Zegler wouldn't shut her face hole, literally flew from Los Angeles to the it says East Coast. I assume it's New York, but flew to New York that it is New York and had a face to face with her going what are you doing?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: You realize this doesn't look good? What are you doing? And like people got mad over that. Oh that's so creepy, Like here's your dad flew to New York City to reprimand a young actress. Any word on this because that's creepy. Af uncalled for people have the right to free spe eat. Shame on your father. All right, Well, that person's obviously a lunatic, right, they're in business together, and they hired her to do a thing. And I'm pretty sure they didn't hire her to sabotage her, you know, her movie, yet arguably she did and then so he writes this thing back, he goes, you really want to do this? Yeah, my dad, the producer of this big piece of Disney IP with hundreds of millions on the line, had to leave his family to fly across the country to reprimand his twenty year old employee for dragging her personal politics in the middle of promoting the movie that she signed a deal for and then goes on for there and I saw people. I saw people sharing this, like a bunch of conservative sites sharing this. They're like, yeah, yeah, they get it. No they don't. Do you think Rachel Zegler is the only problem with that movie? What ross? I know we talked about Rachel Zegler, but I'm pretty sure that we talked about literally everything else with the movie on Monday.
Speaker 3: You know, she was a big part of it, but she didn't right and come up with the concept of it. And she wasn't the one that wrote the new song and decided to get rid of the Prince, and on and on and on, Like everybody involved with his movies is responsible for the dumpster fire that became this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so like people celebrating this, like Mark Platt's a moonbat dude, if if this is his work, if he thinks the only thing was that, and and this is what they're going this is this is the desperation, right, you gotta you gotta slough this off. So look, if your dad wants to be a moonbat, fine, but don't act like the only thing wrong with that was this. And and for people that are like, yeah, you get him. Finally somebody in Hollywood gets it. He doesn't get it. He hates you. A NERD correspondent Stephen Kental joined us, and we'll see if he thinks it's all Rachel Zegler's fault. I'm gonna think he doesn't. But you know, that's why we have these conversations, okay, with the with the whole producer son and all of that. And we're gonna check in on those those super duper protests up in DC since that's where he lives, so he can give us a spy report on that. So we got a few things to get into. That'll be at eight o eight oh six. Okay, all right, very good, But before we get to that, get some popcorn grab that. And uh, if you missed the hearing yesterday with the CEO of NPR who is an absolute died in the wool moon bet And that's not that's not a new thing. Everyone knew she's the one. Do you remember, uh, you know what, I just realized I've probably probably should start here. She's the one you ever see that clip? And you know she's blonde woman, she's a nice looking woman, right, And so she's given like Ted Talker whatever, and she's like, you know the problem is that we use there's too many facts in journalism, right, remember that insane that just ends up in all the montages. That's the chick we're talking about. She's like, why do they have all these facts? You just sometimes you just got to go with your feels, which is, you know, not at all how people assume news is supposed to work, but is the reality of what we see so many days? But to say it out loud was insane. So she also tweets like that, right, So she's you know, she's one of these people. She's like, I just read this book on reparations. They literally you'll hear it in the audio. They're talking, they're asking about a book on reparations. And then she gets on like Twitter or Instagram or whatever it was and was just like this is the way, right, and and that's the problem, especially when you guys are suckling at the government teat for a little bit. Now, some people confuse MPR and PBS as to the levels of funding they get. And it's just because of how it shows up on paper, right, because they'll do they'll go, well, my local station, my local public radio station, they fundraise for theirs, right, right, But it's a larger apparatus called the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which you all know, right, how many of you heard of this larger entity the quote unquote it's had two different names. But because you watched PBS as a kid, and in the credits they would have they would be like and brought to you by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, Right, you remember that? Even if you don't remember that, now you do because I just said it. You're like, oh yeah, because they would have that literally at the end of mister Rogers, at the end of Sesme Street, all of that. And it was just it was just one of those things that was burning to your brain. So don't let them pay play fast and loose, right, because a lot of times you're local public broadcasting station is not necessarily owned by the National one. Okay. In fact, in Minnesota it was a really weird setup because they had like they had the largest independent public broadcast, but it's all tied in, all tied in. So she's sitting there in front of Congress, and of course Jim Jordan's going to get a hold of her. But let's just revisit how her day was going, and we'll start with Congressman Gill from Florida. I think it's from Florida, because it was not going well for her, and like her answers after tweeting insane things which you'll hear them quote, were like, I don't remember tweeting that. And I kind of believe her because I think she's just that Looney Tunes. But also she clearly holds these views, which in my mind are a bit problematic. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Do you believe that America is addicted to white supremacy?
Speaker 5: These are I tweeted that, and as I've said earlier, I believe much of my thinking has evolved over the last half decade.
Speaker 6: It has evolved. Why did you tweet that?
Speaker 5: I don't recall the exact context, Sir, so I wouldn't be able to say.
Speaker 4: Okay, do you believe that America believes in black plunder and white democracy?
Speaker 1: And I want to I want to pause here before she lies. Excuse me answers. Here's the deal. If you went back to any moment in the history of this radio show, and I can't speak for Ross, I can speak for me, maybe Ross degrees. If you go back and you you dug a quote out and then I and even if I didn't remember the context, and then you provided the context, You're like, hey, you know, back in twenty twelve you said this. I'm I feel like I would remember why I said that. I know that sounds weird, but I have like I have kind of a weird photographic memory. I can't remember your name if I meet you for the rest of the day. It's like it's like the worst thing. But I can remember weird stuff, Like I can remember whole scenarios and situations for what are pretty innocuous conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it happens all the time, like all, Yeah, to bring up a random years ago Yeah, if we were to bring up a random audio cut, we can pretty like he wouldn't take long, like a matter of seconds to remember what the take was on that or with the purpose for it, like why did we have that?
Speaker 1: Because we do it. We literally do it live on the show yesterday. Yeah, yesterday when the guy with the rattlesnake right, yes, right, we remembered the details. I just had to call it up to confirm.
Speaker 3: You'll be talking about something we did a while ago, and with no communication, I'll find that audio cup like, oh that's yep.
Speaker 1: You guys have no idea how many times I'm literally in the middle of the conversation, I'm staring at my button bar and then all of a sudden it appears the cut. It happened yesterday. What did you pull yesterday? So Russ just randomly pulled something yesterday happen I played it within a second of it being on there.
Speaker 3: It happened a bunch of times. Yesterday it was se Eddie Murphy thing, yeah, they kill the white people. Yeah, so I'm talking.
Speaker 1: He We didn't talk before the show that I was going to do it, because I you know, my brain sometimes wonders and boom there it is.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 3: It happens all the time.
Speaker 1: So I don't believe that five years ago. You don't know why you tweeted were addicted to white supremacy.
Speaker 3: And it's not like this is a tweet talking about something that was like super niche at the time, like you know, yeah, like I went to Wegmans or some meme that was going around, and you're like, I don't even know because I've done that. I've looked at my timeline before in the past, and I'm like, what was that about? And then it takes me a second. I'm like, oh, it was that stupid meme, a weird reference that maybe people won't understand. But this is different. This is a book you read during like riots and stuff.
Speaker 1: So and then you quoted yeah, and then you and then you agreed with and he took it a step further. I don't believe you, and I don't believe you because I don't think she's dumb. I think she's wrong, but I don't think she's dumb. You're not going to have that position being an idiot, even know your actions. I mean, people may think you're an idiot when you say things like that, but like from just the actual you know, brain function, I don't believe you. But whatever, all right, so let's keep going down this road.
Speaker 7: Don't believe that, sir.
Speaker 6: You tweet it.
Speaker 4: It's reference to a book you were reading at the time, apparently, The Case for Reparations.
Speaker 7: I don't think i've ever read that book, sir.
Speaker 6: You tweeted about it.
Speaker 4: You said you took a day off to fully read The Case for Reparations.
Speaker 6: You put that on Twitter in January.
Speaker 1: That's it. By the way, that's a hell of a tweet, right She didn't just go, oh, this book's really good. She wrote, I took the day off to read it. Like that's a much more possessive statement right there.
Speaker 7: I apologies. I don't recall that I did.
Speaker 5: Don'tkay, no doubt that your tweet there is correct, but I don't recall not his tweet.
Speaker 4: Do you believe that white people inherently feel super perior to other races?
Speaker 1: I do not.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 4: You tweeted something to that effect. You said I grew up feeling superior. How wide of me? Why did you tweet that?
Speaker 5: I think I was probably reflecting on what it was to be to grow up in an environment where I had lots of advantages.
Speaker 4: It sounds like you're saying that white people feel superior.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that anybody feels that way, Sir. I was just reflecting on my own.
Speaker 6: Do you think the white people should pay reparations?
Speaker 7: I have never said that, sir.
Speaker 6: Yes you did. You said it in January of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: You tweeted, yes, the North, yes, all of us, yes, America, yes, our original collective sin and unpaid debt. Yes, reparations, yes on this day.
Speaker 7: I don't believe that was a reference to fiscal reparation. Sir.
Speaker 1: This is and I know some of your like you think she's smart. I don't think she's an idiot. I think she absolutely knows. She tweeted that.
Speaker 3: I love his delivery. I love the way he's doing. Yes, you did, because he's just like saying it matter of factly, and then he's it's just.
Speaker 1: Great and it's not even nuanced. No, but I feel like he's maybe she meant this, she said it, she said it. Oh, all right, one more with Gil and then we got to go to the goat. In these situations, but let's continue this addressing how.
Speaker 6: Much reparations have you personally paid?
Speaker 2: Sir.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that I've ever paid reparations.
Speaker 6: Okay, just for everybody else.
Speaker 1: I'm not asking anyone whoms to be.
Speaker 4: What you're suggesting. Do you believe that looting is morally wrong?
Speaker 5: I believe that looting is illegal, and I refer to it as counterproductive.
Speaker 7: I think it should be prosecuted.
Speaker 6: Do you believe it's morally wrong though?
Speaker 7: Of course?
Speaker 4: Of course, then why did you refer to it as counter productive? Very different, very different way to describe it.
Speaker 5: It is both morally wrong and counterproductive, as well as being tweeted.
Speaker 6: It's hard to be mad about protests.
Speaker 4: In reference to the BLM protests not prioritizing the private property of a system of oppression. You didn't condemn the looting. You said that it was counter productive. NPR also promoted a book called Indefensive Looting. Do you think that that's an appropriate use of taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 5: I'm unfamiliar with that book, sir, and I don't believe that was my tweet.
Speaker 6: I think you read that book.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe she's like sort of like Lebron James when it comes to reading books. You know, that's a good thing that's going around. That's like a Lebron me where you used to see him in the locker room, and he would always be on like the first two pages of a book, and it would be something you know right right, like like the biography of whoever or the history of whatever, and he's he's it's like the you're trying to make the impression or the make it look like you're super deep and you're intelligent, but you're not. So maybe she doesn't actually read these books, but she just tweets out like little stuff about it to make it look like she's smart that you know.
Speaker 1: What I I That is absolutely a distinct possibility, But like her pretending to have never heard of the book is a wild way to go about it, Like just say, yeah, I read the book, and I read a lot of books, a lot of there's some people just read a lot of books. Whatever, Okay, But she's like, I didn't. I don't know what a book is. Never now look as fun as Gil is one of my favorites. This is like, this is like back in the day when you turn on MSNBC after like the presidential debate just so you can watch the lunacy unfold because it's so entertaining. As soon as if Jim Jordan's in a hearing, I don't know if there's anybody better in Congress to absolutely picking picking you apart. He is really entertaining to listen to. And and a guy who I have met in person and never stops moving the dudes like and he's he's he's actually a very short dude. Little he's a little guy. I'm not picking this, says this little guy. And so like the first time I saw him in person, it was like because you you know, you just see him on you just see him on TV, you know, just cracking skulls and.
Speaker 3: He's like like a honey badger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, he did. But he gave me that straight because he was a wrestling coach obviously. Uh and uh, he definitely has wrestling coach vibe. Mister Lynch was our wrestling coach. He reminded me exactly of him. But anyway, but man, get him a microphone and some receipts and it's a fun listen. So shell we yes, we shall. He is MPR biased Congressman.
Speaker 5: I have never seen any instance of never of pro political bias determining editorial decisions.
Speaker 8: Now, well, miss mister Berliner.
Speaker 9: In his story a couple last year wrote, I've in the DC area editorial positions at MPR, he said he found eighty seven registered Democrats, zero Republicans.
Speaker 8: Is that accurate?
Speaker 5: We do not track the numbers or the voter registration, but I find.
Speaker 9: That as award winning journalists who worked twenty five years at INPR, mister Berlin or was he lying when he wrote that.
Speaker 5: I am not presuming such. I just don't have We don't track that information about our journalist. Eighty seven to zero, and you're not biased? I think that is concerning. If those numbers are accurate, it's concerned.
Speaker 9: I mean, it wasn't forty four forty three, wasn't sixty twenty seven, it wasn't seventy seventeen, It wasn't even eighty to seven. It was eighty seven Democrats, zero Republicans. And you say MPR is not biased.
Speaker 1: And as much as I do love listening to this, I I like Trump's I'm assuming Trump and Congress are going to grease this funding, right, because this is easy. This is a no brainer. And let me tell you this is not even just out of uh it's not some sort of competitive animosity.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I know you want to public radios out there, but I will tell you this, you know, public radio is I've never walked into nicer studios than the two public radio studios I've been in, And so you get a little of that because you're like, how do you guys have all this stuff? This is incredible? Right, ros have you ever been in a public radio facility.
Speaker 3: I've got a high school buddy that I that has worked for NPR up in Albany for like twenty five thirty years. Right, I saw a photo of a studio. Yeah, it's super nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got our studios. The power flickers and whether do it construction?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it gives it character, you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's true. Absolutely, all right, one more of Jim Jordan, shall we?
Speaker 9: October twenty twenty, New York Post had the Hunter Biden laptop story, and one of those editors, I guess one of those eighty seven Democrat editors, said this, we don't want to waste our time I'm on stories that are not really stories. We don't want to waste the listeners and readers times on stories that are just pure distractions.
Speaker 8: Without a pure distraction story.
Speaker 5: Our current editorial leadership believes that that was a mistake, as do I.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the whole country knows that was a mistake. Definitely impacted the election, or I think it certainly impacted the election.
Speaker 8: How about the COVID origin story.
Speaker 9: That's pretty big story too, right, mister Berliner said, we became fervent members of the team Natural Origin, even declaring that the LAB leak was debunked by scientists. Turns out, though the LAB leak is what most people think actually caused the COVID virus.
Speaker 5: Congressman, I do not believe we are politically biased. To know, we are a non partisan organization.
Speaker 8: Nonpartisan organization.
Speaker 1: I mean just they're funding and you know what, here's the deal. Moonbats will fund them. They'll be fine in this short term, and then, like everything else, you know, then people will get distracted, We'll get onto other things, and then it will be sink or swim, which is literally every day every morning that Ross and I get on the radio is sink or swim, you know, text, every day that you go to work is sink or swim for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the thing like taxpayer money shouldn't it be going to NPR or these NGOs which specifically benefit one political party in the country, right, Like there's something unethical and and moral about that.
Speaker 1: And you'd have a lot easier argument if your news wasn't such garbage bias, right, because then, because what do they do They never should they never really defend that. When this story comes out, what do they do? They get Big Bird and Elmo to show up to a press conference, like why do you want to kill Big Bird?
Speaker 3: Right, and then they do the whole you know, for the children thing, right, Yeah, And it's like, no, I'm I'm looking at the rest of your operation going what the hell?
Speaker 1: What what are we doing here? So you go out and by the way, PBS has good programming, and I will say this, I don't know, maybe I'll get interesting NPR. There are some shows on NPR that I have on the regular I don't really anymore. But when I worked afternoons, I've listened to their midday show. It wasn't really biased. And then the car Guys, right, many of you probably listening to the Car Guys back in the day. So like, you have programming, go out and make the most of it, compete with the rest of us, But don't give me this garbage. Oh no, we're not biased, clearly you are. We'll be back I don't know why this makes me feel good, but it makes me feel good. Did you guys see the video of JD. Vance plucking head shots at the range at Base Quantico or there's Camp Quantico, what do we call it? No, Base Quantico, it's Marine Corps Base Yesterday. So he's out there and he's got a couple of different weapons. The main one though, was he had a machine gun, the M two four.
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm not nerdy enough on the automatic weapons there, But he was blazing man and he's and he's shooting. I think he was shooting a two hundred yard you're shooting two hundred yards popping head shots. I'm a pretty good shot at two hundred yards only because in Wyoming that's where all your rifles are sighted in. But trying to get controlled shots too with something that's in a bur on a burst fire mode pretty impressive. And I like the idea. I don't know, I kind of like the idea that our vice president could sniper somebody if we needed right, if it ever got real, real bad, and China's like, ah, here we are, and our VP could set a position on top of the White House and and stack kills. I'm okay with that, so and you know why, and this is this is the important thing here, because you know how I feel about politicians out couseplane, right, it didn't. It never felt like he didn't belong there? Does that make sense? Right? How often? How many times on this show have we made fun of And usually it's not machine guns. It's like kitchen right, where so and so is in the kitchen and they have their apron on. They're like, no, I always make dinner and it's like, no, you don't, because you're the vice president. Shut up, I don't expect you to that. Being said, you still have the folds in your apron? How many? How many of those have we taken down? Because nobody thought to iron an apron? And it just feels so fake, right, Nancy Pelosi with her kitchen tour and her twelve dollars ice cream pints, right, just everything just feels fake. Or you're you want to be a you want to be a man of the people. Jd Vance, you know that guy? You just feels like a dude. You'd go to the range with, right, throw a little five here, a little five there? What you can gamble at the range? They some of them don't want you to do that, but like, that's a dude you'd have fun with at the range. That's great man. And it never felt fake. And it's not even because I like the guy. It just never felt How many Republicans have I criticized for being fake, It's like, just do your law making stuff. This is not you.
Speaker 3: That's why the whole like you know, jd. Vance is weird thing never worked, right, Yeah, especially coming from somebody like Tim Walls, right, And I believe to this day they did that. They tried to attack Vance that way to preemptively, you know, defend Waltz from the same attack. Well, they're gonna say he's weird, so let's say they let's say he's weird.
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, you know it's true because they didn't just say jd. Vance was weird. What did they say? They say, Tim Walls is folksy? Right? Remember what was the Remember what was the other word they kept using for Walls too, and it was every newscast used it. So that was their way of doing exactly what you just said, one preemptively getting on it, but also trying to delineate what would appear to be weird with Walls by claiming he's just folksy.
Speaker 3: He's just either I.
Speaker 1: Can't remember the word they used, it was so and it was so not true because what happened you watched Do you remember the first time you jd. Vance do one of the interviews after he was named.
Speaker 3: I remember when he was with THEO Vonn and he looked so comfortable, So he looked like he belonged there, Like is.
Speaker 1: Going on a rant about doing cocaine, right, And JD. Vance obviously is not like, yeah, I love coke man, No, but like he he felt natural in that conversation where he's just like, it's probably not a good idea, and he remember he did, and then Theovonn did it twice as much to Trump too, which I thought was funny. And Trump's like, well, all right, that's the thing, right and and and like Trump felt less comfortable in there.
Speaker 2: Jd.
Speaker 1: Vance is he was just a bro man. He's just sitting there, so I'm watching him, right.
Speaker 3: But at the same point, you sort of, even though Trump did well in those interviews, you expect him to kind of be a little uncomfortable even though he really wasn't, because.
Speaker 1: Especially because he doesn't do alcohol, drugs, anything.
Speaker 3: Right, right, completely sober so. But also he's like his seventy something old billionaire you know what I mean, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Jd Vance is just like, yeah, man, that's great story. Here's when of mine and then when on it. But no, sitting him out to the it never felt fake watching him, watching him play around out there. And the other thing too, was to watch how the Marines interacted with him. That's the other thing, right. They didn't feel like they weren't they they weren't reacting to him. In a couple of eclips, I saw like it's the vice president. We're on pins and needles, right, you know, because you know you don't want you don't want your CEO to think that you were being a jackass in front of you know, the vice president. You're gonna get dressed down like it was never that. They're just like it was like a bunch of marines at the range. It's pretty wild. You haven't seen the video there, it's floating. They're all over Twitter. You go check that out, man, And I will say this, wait, hold on, all right, all right, I know this guy's Joe. He's all right, so guy, I know this guy is a is a marine or retired marine. He says, sure he can shoot, thank you Marine Corps. But how clean was that rifle after the range? That's the true test. I don't know, man, I suspect he probably didn't have to clean his own. What if that is his rifle? He's like, I just brought it.
Speaker 3: From home, JD Vance. Was it a listed guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Like he didn't go to officers school or anything? Or did he?
Speaker 1: No? I don't know, I don't.
Speaker 3: I think that's another reason they really respect him the way they do.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to remember what his rank was when he came out. Hold on, Yeah, and it's not to say you can't be an officer, but there is that whole dynamic obviously clearly right, I work for a living. Don't call me sir. You know that kind of stuff. But like, hang on, I want to check because I try, unlike NPR, I do want to be accurate here, so and uh, I don't have that off the top of my head. Uh. I think you're correct though, So all right, here we go. By the way, did you it was trying to get me to go to Wikipedia? Did you see a Wikipedia? Did to Pete haeg sass Entry where they removed a bunch of his commendations and awards just and then they threaten people who are trying to edit him in They're like, no.
Speaker 3: I mean that's another non biased organization.
Speaker 1: So absolutely, yeah, he certainly enlisted, right, that's yep, you are correct.
Speaker 3: So yeah, So I mean that adds a different a whole different dynamic to it. He's all one of the guys that came up from the from the bottom, you know.
Speaker 1: Dude. Again, that was the whole joke when when they announced that he's going to be VP. It's like, and it's not technically protocol, but it's generally how it works. Like, that's got to be a hell of a thing to be an enlisted member of a branch of the military, and now the generals have to salute you. They don't have to, but it's just you know, good order. In how they treat the president, vice president. A lot of people think they have to salute they don't believe it or not. And then the president, the vice president, but specifically you know, the president. Really the saluting the troops is a relatively new thing too. Uh yeah, you know, in uh, in more modern history, but it's kind of how it works. So yeah, I saw a video.
Speaker 3: I saw a video recently where there was somebody that slipped them a challenge coin and it was it was pretty fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Dude, I want have you seen Trump's challenge coin? I must have that. I got to figure. I got a nice little collection. Have you got any challenge coins.
Speaker 3: I've got a bunch that I've received throughout the years working here that some people have sent me, Like some people, Yeah, I got air Force ones and ones from BRAG and yeah.
Speaker 1: Got some military ones.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: Dan, I got a Dan Forest.
Speaker 3: I gotta, I gotta, I gotta. I got a weak four police Department one, and I carry it everywhere because if they pull you over, you show the coin and then and then you tell them you're in the media. And if that doesn't work, you say, am I being detained? And that's pretty much it's easy.
Speaker 1: All the secrets away? Yeah? Are you giving all the secrets away?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: You gotta have the coin, so I see see what you're doing there, trying to think, trying to think. I have a challenge coin from an Air Force general too. I really like that one. That one's pretty cool. And then I also have a challenge coin from the Wake County Sheriff's Department that they made to make fun of the old sheriff. And it's got a rooster on it. And I can't really get into all the details as to what it means as it was explained to me, but they were not fans of the former Wake County sheriff, so they and then no, I'm sorry, that's the state that's the state patrol one that has the rooster on it, and then they I have one for the Sheriff's department too, Yeah, the state patrol one that's along with the rooster. There's some troopers listening to this right now, laughing. I suspect that one. In fact, that thing literally is. I saw it yesterday because I was cleaning out a like a bag that was in one of my drawers. It had all the challenge coins in it. I was just kind of going through some of them and then putting them where I have the other ones. But yeah, I love those things. But Trump's is, you can imagine, is a it's a you could murder somebody with that.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it, but I imagine it's probably the greatest challenge coin. It's so great.
Speaker 1: It's I'm gonna find you a picture and send it to you.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty huge it's it's.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, what would you expect. That's gotta be the that's got to be the final Boss Challenge.
Speaker 3: It's got to be like at least four times bigger than your average challenge coin. I would expect how.
Speaker 1: Much it weighs. But it looks giant. All right, hang on, Yeah, we're doing this on the air. I don't care because we're all we're all family here. So yeah, if you haven't seen it, and by the way, if you haven't seen it, it's all over Twitter, So just check out the just it type Trump challenge coin and there's a couple of different ones. All right, Yeah, that's the that's is this is it right here? All right? Hang I'm gonna send this over to Ross and then Ross you can tweak this out because it's a public domain picture. So yeah, here we go. Check that bad boy out. I just send it to you. I gotta get my hands on one of those.
Speaker 3: That is amazing. And I was making a joke about it being bigger, but that thing is ginormous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a huge hand So you can kind of thing is Oh wait, wait, hold on, somebody just you guys need a challenge coin board. What is this message here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on? Yeah, hey, if you guys need a challenge coin board to display all the coins, let me know. Oh you make he makes custom ones? Oh cool, look at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I I don't know. Somebody probably steal him out of the studio. Probably not. It just get moved because everything's getting moved. So but uh, yeah, I don't know if I don't know if my collection is good enough yet. But if I had a Trump one, I would like that'd be over the fireplace, right, people come over, and if you're obnoxiously trying to show it to him, I'm not gonna lie, because like, how often do you get a presidential challenge coin? Oh, now, I'm gonna see I'm you know what, you gotta talk to somebody I know up there. I wonder if they could. And then I saw I don't know if you saw it. So Trump coined one of the Marines on Marine one, right, so you know the Marines that stand outside of the helicopter there, And he coined one of the marines, but he didn't coin the other and I saw people who hate Trump are like, oh, he's discriminating, blah blah blah. They try to make some racial component, and it's like, do you not understand how it works? So if Trump's gonna coin somebody, I'm sure he will. He can make it up on the fly. But a lot of these things are predetermined. And if you don't know anything about challenge coins, just bear with me for just like a couple of minutes, because I have to explain this. A lot of this stuff is predetermined when somebody like Trump coins somebody, So you know, likely what happened is a commanding officer or you know, somebody up in the food chain basically said, hey, this kid, this guy, this man whatever, he you know, he's been doing this for ten years. He's got an exemplary record. He's a great dude. And and uh, you know, if you could do that, and even though it really I mean it has monetary value in the sense that it's from the president, I guess you could probably you know, sell it on eBay. That's not what it's about. It's it's about recognition of what you're doing. It's and it's cool, man, this is really cool. But Trump's is like, it's like the challenge coin to and all challenge coins. Man, it's a it's it's it's a beast, all right, seven nineteen here on the CaCO Day Radio program. Coming up on the show, we'll chat with Stephen Kent. That'll be at eight oh five. We'll get into that and uh, we have a whole big segment because tariffs don't work until they do. And I need ross to stare inside this gold box with a six angel wing to see if it's real.
Speaker 3: So are there challenge coins in it?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't see.
Speaker 1: It full of challenge coins. You should totally get up in there because this is just a it's a weird story because also the headline is fake. It says CI secret CIA files claim Arc of the Covenant has been found. Yeah, not really. I'll explain next hang out another day. Another tariff discussion, and also another group of companies that have decided it's probably a better idea to do some manufacturing here in the US. Except now we're getting into the big stuff, specifically Optimobile, and.
Speaker 10: This is very modest, and what we're going to be doing is a twenty five percent tariff on all cars that are not made in the United States. If they're made in the United States, is absolutely not terrorf We start off with a two and a hared percent base, which is what we were at, and we go to twenty five percent, and basically, as you know, and as you've been saying, not reporting as accurately as a chippy reported, because it's a massive story, business is coming back to the United States so that they don't have to pay.
Speaker 1: Tariffs, all right, And I will say this, I'm a little surprised at twenty five percent as it pertains to Europe, like not delineating, because Europe charges ten percent. So if a US manufacturer wants to offload a veicle in Europe, it's ten percent, and so for him to go to twenty five is more about attacking China. But also I don't know why you wouldn't like the matching of the tariffs is one thing. Going fifteen points above it on European vehicles, I don't know about that. A lot of people drive us to have I used to have what I did you know? I used to have a BMW right, although that technically I think that car was made in South Africa. BMW has a plant there. I think that's what the sticker was online. But when I did that endorsement for the BMW dealership, and they're great cars, a lot of people drive them. So and I know you drive America. I like, I hear you, I get you. I don't know. This never felt smart to me, but I know some of you love doing it. So here we go. This is from ral. How much is that doggie in the window? If it's your driver's side window and you're driving, it could cost you one hundred bucks if a new law or a new bill becomes law. All right, So and this is a Republican sponsored bill, by the way, dude, have you seen some of the apps? And we're going to talk more with Pete tomorrow about this. But the lunatic Democrat bills that were filed this week, holy crap. Like one lunatic who wants to make the minimum wage twenty two dollars, which absolutely would demolish small businesses in North Carolina. I mean, look what happened in California when they made it twenty dollars for fast food. The closures, and that's California where you could make a much much better argument for a higher dollar amount. I mean, they still went way too high, clearly, But twenty two dollars in North Carolina. So that's the stuff there. So that's some of the stuff that is being filed there. And remember when it's island time, as it is now, just because you file something doesn't mean anything. Also, I think the Democrat is she's a woman. I can't remember what the Rep's name was. You filed the twenty two dollars. What you do? This is strategy. Okay, let me explain something to you. What you do when you are not in power and you have no chance of your bills actually becoming law. It doesn't matter what you put in them. So you put, you know, you put big stupid ideas that you think stupid people are going to gravitate towards because they don't give a second of thought to what twenty two dollars an hour minimum wage would do in North Carolina. So that in the next voting cycle they vote for you and you never have to worry about the consequences of your actions here because you filed a bill knowing that it won't even get assigned to a committee. It's you filed it. That's going to be the end of it. It will go nowhere, so you can write stupid stuff in there. Right, Let's say Ross and I were elected officials and our parties out of power. Ross could literally submit a bill and be like free olive garden for life for all citizens of North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're doing it pretty much just for the branding and for the marketing that's going to come from the press covering it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and of course they ran out and did it, and then they do click baity headlines, so like the minimum wage in North Carolina soon could be twenty two dollars Fox Fox eight in Greensboro, raum with that head What are you doing? You know it's not you know that that bill is going nowhere, and then you don't do analysis as to frankly, how horrible that would be. How many of you own a business right now and could sustain twenty two dollars minimum wage if your business employees entry level employees.
Speaker 3: Not only that, but those people making that money now are going to ask for a raise because they don't want to repay them any minimum.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: They're going to be like, well, now I deserve more money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, and I wouldn't blame them. I saw literally that point brought up to one of the National Congress. It might have been the former rep. From Houston who died. I think it was her, she Sheila Jackson Lee. They brought that up and she's like, well, those people are just greedy, and it's like, no, they're not, dude. If I work, if I work somewhere and we have in their entry levels ten dollars and I worked there for two or three years and now I'm making twelve fifty or fifteen or whatever because I, you know, supervisor, I got more, and all of a sudden, you're going to all of us are going to make twenty two now, even though I've got years more experience, I'm in a supervisory role. That's not sustainable. I'd leave. So, yes, one hundred percent bad idea. This, on the other hand, could get a hearing. So these are the ones we choose to talk about. And here we go. So this is Republican, A couple of different Republicans on this or the sponsors, and it's essentially a distracted driving thing. The bill would impose a one hundred dollars fine on driver who are caught operating a vehicle on a public street while holding an animal or allowing it to sit in their lap. How do you guys feel about that? I mean, I used to drive around with a dog in my truck, although he mostly would be in the back, but if it was raining, he'd get up in the cab. And I gotta tell you he was I never had him on my lap. Now, to be fair, he would have to tear himself away from sticking his half of his body out the passenger side window and having his eyeballs bleed because I'm doing eighty driving down the freeway and he's too dumb to put his head in. But hey, that's what made him happy. So what are you gonna do? But like, not in the lap. And I can't tell you the number of people I've seen driving around And if you know, most of the time people will have like, oh, that's cute kind of reaction to it. Right, there's h I had a I have a neighbor. I've a neighbors. He's got like a little white I don't know what the hell of the thing is. It's you know what it is? Whatever breed hates me so and and I pretty much anyone who gets near it except for her, and and uh, it's the wife's dog. But I've seen him driving with it too, and that thing will sit right in the lap. It's got his little head hanging out the driver's side window. And I just thought, well, that's probably not a good idea because I know your dog's a spaz and if that thing flips out in another dog while you're driving and it causes you to do like, I don't know, maybe that's not the safest thing. But also I don't know that I've ever done a story where the cause of the accident was a small dog sitting in somebody's lap, So who knows?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Now what there should be a lot is that you ever see weirdos who drive around with cats in a car. I've seen that those people need and we need to bring back the mental institutions because like cat, you know, I catt will turn on you in a minute, dig those claws and right into your right into your leg or whatever, and now you're you know, now you just hit a school bus. But yeah, with dogs, I don't know. You think it's do we need more laws? Do we need to know the laws saying you can't have a dog in your lap? And uh? One of the one of the comments here, and I suspect that that maybe some of you would identify is a woman claiming that it's the only way her dog will ride in the car and not be a lunatic. Right, he doesn't move if you try to put him elsewhere. He's like he's running around in the car. And our is our chiuhaha Isabelle? That's sound that she passed a while back. But that's the one that would like, you know, super scared of everyone. And she was like aggressive, like if.
Speaker 3: You got too close to her because she yea, she was abused, so it was like an abusive reaction. And every time we would put her in the car if we had to go somewhere, she would immediately like run into your lap because she was terrified of the vibration of the car. Sure, but she was also like this big like super tiny.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah again, I don't know that I have an opinion on this one. I don't have a dog.
Speaker 3: And she would just jump up in your lap and like curl up into a ball like terrified. Yeah what is uh?
Speaker 1: In the story they had their interview in this uh who is it? Yeah, it's a woman who has a poodle. Inter poodle is not a small dog either, So I don't know. And then you delineate based on size of the dog. What if you have like an African boarhound, that thing sat in your lap, you wouldn't be able to see where you're going. You ever see one of those dogs. I just happened to see one in person here for the first time a few weeks ago, and I'm like, why, nice wolf? What is that? Holy cow? All right? What is it? You see? This is exactly what I thought. Now here comes the emails. My dog always rides in my lap. He's no trouble. I hear you again. I don't know that I have is a bad punt. I don't know that I have a dog in this fight because like I can see both sides like chill, Like the dog's not doing anything crazy. Most dogs, you get them in a car, they're like they're just like excited to see the world go by, right, same reason your dog stares out the front window and if it sees a squirrel, it's like I must protect the homestead, right. So, but like dogs can also wig out. Man, that dog that I talked about CALLI, who I would drive around of my truck with when she was younger. I couldn't put her in the back of the truck because if she saw something, she's like, I'm gonna go get that. And she did it one time when I was doing like twenty miles an hour, and how she didn't get hurt is beyond me. But it just terrified me. And so that's why I started putting her in the cab as we're working on training when she was younger. So, I don't know what is this, Boston Paul. Isn't there a law in the books already called heated operation? I don't know. You're the cop. You tell me, and I know I've seen your pictures. You drive around with your lunatic dogs literally on the dash. Boston Paul sent me a picture He's got like a little for his little one of his little tiny mongrels. It's got like a little bed sits on the dash or something. Again, I don't know. I don't know, but my email is filling up with people who love doing the with the dog there. All right, did we test? Are we good to go? Do we know what's up? Uh?
Speaker 3: So we're not really sure, but right, the com rex but it's sort of being weird. So he thinks he fixed it, mate, Maybe he did not.
Speaker 1: What's going on there? Just fix it?
Speaker 2: Am I underwater? Am I not? I don't know?
Speaker 1: Actually no, I mean you're a little quiet, but yeah, no, you sound much clearer than your home microphone.
Speaker 2: Don't say that. Don't say that.
Speaker 1: Wait, don't say that. You sound better, understand.
Speaker 2: I want you to say it sounds good enough at home.
Speaker 1: Obviously we get the job done.
Speaker 3: Unless so it's like it was going in and out like it would sound like he's underwater where he's like, we need to do it on the phone. I'm like, no, we're doing it like this.
Speaker 1: But it's going to be more fun if you write, yeah, we can make funny. So do you ever have a dog that like would ride in your lap while you're driving?
Speaker 2: Do? I? Yes? But I don't would you dog's not allowed in the new truck, so oh.
Speaker 1: Well that's a truck issue, but you had no problem in the old truck or whatever of dog chilling in your lap while you're driving.
Speaker 11: Most of the time, I don't really prefer that, but she runs over, she does it, and then I'm just on the tail end to get home. I would just be like, you know what, I'm just gonna deal with instead of trying to fight her off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're trying. They're thinking to make it illegal here. So and yeah, very divided.
Speaker 11: Listen, that's that's not a bad idea, not a bad idea, all right, horse ideas.
Speaker 1: I keep waiting for you to go under water, but you're not doing it. So I guess do your weather and I don't know, maybe a payoff for me at the end.
Speaker 11: Yeah, more dry weather statements out about fire worst fires west. I been some evacuations h Rutherford County. I believe in a Polk County get hit hard and wildfires in dry weather.
Speaker 2: Continuing next few days. I don't think much help.
Speaker 11: Special weather statement for the low related humidity and the dangerous fire conditions. Frost advisory too. This morning seeing tep in the low thirties in spots, but a beautiful afternoon mid upper sixties. Tomorrow low seventies to the mid seventies, especially from the triad West could get closer to eighty and the Triangle. And then as we look ahead towards Saturday, more dry weather, similar temperatures mid upper seventies before we start to get some showers by Sunday afternoon and to Sunday night, Monday and even on into Tuesday. Now a chance of shower, so so much needed rain is on the way case. Hopefully we'll get enough here to at least knock some of that fire down, especially to the west of us.
Speaker 2: So some hope, but probably not going to be enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you sir. We'll try again in the next hour and hopefully it holds. Okay, thanks all right, racet aging there from the Weather Channel. All right, I'm gonna come back to the Ark of the Covenant thing just because that story is just that's just crazy. That's right up rally, and we had another sun we've had another sub mishap, not to the you know, it's not like the Deep Dive to go see the Titanic sub story with the PlayStation controller. But a tourist, a homemade tourist submarine. Ross you would you get on a homemade tourist submarine? You show up?
Speaker 3: Whose is it? Like if it was like Elon Musk's side project, like hey this is yeah, I might get on. That made me.
Speaker 1: No, we're talking about some dude who you know, is one of these guys who just sits. He just runs a tourist trap on the beach.
Speaker 3: No, this is like one of the guys where he took people down to see the Titanic with the controller, with the Xbox controlleror whatever.
Speaker 1: This is much more sketchy. This thing doesn't dive very It barely goes underwater, probably because the dude looks like he made it himself. Unfortunately, though, there there was a problem. So we'll get all that and much more coming up here on the KCO Day radio program. Kind of got back into the cycle with the release of some of the other CIA stuff and the JFK stuff and all of that, and this is I think I think they released part of it like in two thousand or something. It's been a long time. That being said, it's now entered the news cycle again. So and I think there was some supplemental documents that were part of that latest document dump, which is what revisited this. All right, So here's the headline, and again the headline. The headline is kind of bs all right, and it says secret CIA files claim Arc of the Covenant has been found. Okay, all right, tell me more. Well, not really. So the documents talk about the studies during the nineteen eighties with remote viewing right now, and it's an interesting study. So basically, they brought in people they thought were remote viewers, and they didn't tell them what they were looking for, but they indicated kind of where they might try to look, and then they tried to influence what they would find. And they were trying to get them to say that they could remote view the Arc of the Covenant. Now they claim they didn't tell them that. And there was one dude who was, according to this was very talented, and immediately he said that he was remote viewing the Ark of the Covenant and started describing it, described it as you know, the gold and the handles, and it's got the it's got an angel with six wings, and you know, now here's the thing. You know, there's a lot of speculation, and then of course biblically we know what is said that the Ark of the Covenant looks like so, but it's the part where he honed in on that, and they were that's what they wanted, but they didn't tell him. So of all the objects to remote view, for him to remote view, and I'm making quotes this whole time with my fingers, to remote view the thing that they wanted. They found very impressive. So where is the Ark of the Covenant? Somewhere in the Middle East? You didn't find nothing. If that's your description, that's done. If Ross's cat runs out of his house when he gets home later he's like, oh, my cat ran outside. We can't find it, I'd be like, no, no, no, I found it. It's somewhere in the US. Yeah, give me my reward money. I mean, it's somewhere in the Middle East. Everyone with the exception of Ethiopia, believes it quote is somewhere in the Middle East, right the the I guess the worky knowledge of it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And and that, by the way, among people who believe it physically existed, But a lot a lot of people do is that it was in Jerusalem. It was kept inside the Holy of Holies, you know, basically the inner chamber of the Temple there and and then I don't know, Babylonia whoever sacked him in like six hundred BC or whatever took it. So and Ethiopia claims it's chilling in a church, but they won't let anyone come and see it. But a lot of.
Speaker 3: Tourists, yeah, but saying like it's in the Middle East. It's pretty vague. I mean, yeah, I thought that I saw a documentary was in a warehouse in the Nevada Desert.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yeah, okay, were there Russians about?
Speaker 3: There were?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's not so you've seen the documentary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I just think, look, here's the deal. I think, if you're all in on this and you claim to have found it, you have to look at it first. And I'll stand over here right prove it to me. Open it up. There's all sorts of there's treasure INSI I do it, and if your face starts melting, I'll be like that dude found the Arc of the Covenant because I you know, I saw Indiana Jones. Yeah, yeah, that'd be great. So anyway, yeah, I don't know that I'm buying that thought. We had Steven locked down and then maybe but we didn't confirm. So maybe I missed did he maybe he send an email or so. I don't know. So that I guess we're not going to chat with him. What I mean, we're gonna talk about snow white and some other stuff. We can still talk about it, obviously, but I didn't want to get his perspective. So, uh well, all right, we'll figure out what's up with that. He's a busy dude. He needs to travel over the world too. Where was he in Poland here not long ago? And maybe he found the Ark of the Covenant and looked inside. Now I'm gonna feel bad because his face is gone. So all right, well, anyway, I got a few other things we get to. I just saw this. I literally just saw this story here. So Giants New York Giants football team, Lashawn Johnson, a former running back for them. They just popped this dude for running a massive, massive dogfighting ring like multiple states, all sorts, like he was making bank off this. According to the DOJ, they announced the indictment yesterday, No, they announced it Tuesday. So they found this dude, They alleged they found this dude to be running one of the largest dog fighting operations that has ever been federally prosecuted. In fact, how many this is just in his house and his house. This is just his house, right, and there's other dogs at other facilities because again, he was doing this all over. Allegedly at his house he had one hundred and ninety pit bulls or they're described in the indictment as pit bull type dogs. They've been used. Honestly, man, here's what you do. Go do the trial, figure out and if he's guilty, dip him in beef tallow because that's all the rage now, right, the beef tallow ross. You got any beef tallow for your home? Somebody was sitting here and send me an email. He's like, hey, I sell beef tallow because I guess I mentioned it in something the other day. But beef tallow is now what like steaken? Was it a shake, shack or shake? I can't remember which one were Kennedy Junior was there eating and they're making their fries in that and so that's now the food rage, I guess. But you know, it's really easy to make and and in fact, a lot of times, although now everyone's doing it, you can. You can get all the parts you need to make it from scraps essentially, if you know a butcher. But so anyway, dip this dude in beef tallow. Throw them in a room with the one hundred and ninety pit bulls. If found guilty, I feel like that's fair. We'll see how well trained they are. But make sure you get lots of beef tallow on them. I hear pitbulls love that. US Attorney General Pam Bondi called the alleged animal abuse cruel and depraved. Well that goes without saying. Let's see here trying to figure out when he actually played it was the last time he played. Yeah, he retired at the end of the nineties. I was gonna say, it's been a minute, and he was. So he was running dogfighting operations in Kansas, Oklahoma. I think his home was in Oklahoma, as well as some others, under the cover of running kennels. So that was his cover, except people got suspicious one because they got the dog fighting in two. He didn't take other dogs. So he's running like this business facade and it's just chock full of pit bulls and he doesn't take other dogs to actually kennel, so it wasn't probably very good cover. But yeah, man, that's the stuff I don't understand. It's like when they do the you know, the the cock fighting operations, right, they go down to Smithfield and there's like forty remember when they all ran into the woods and they just left like fifty cars there. I think that was down in Johnston County. It was somewhere in North Carolina and they just all ran into the woods. It's like all your cars are here, like you know, we could run plates losers and that shocks you that that goes on. But this guy, he took it to a whole new level. Like Michael Michael Vick was accused of I think involved what four dogs, five dogs that they actually seized, and then they accused him of killing I think ten or something. I'm not justifying one over the other. I'm just pointing out that this guy, this guy had franchised this thing basically because they made other arrests. All right, yeah, here we go. Oh you know what, Ross I figured out why he did it? Do you know who drafted this guy? This explains everything. Do you know who drafted this piece of garbage? Allegedly? No idea Packers. This is exactly what a packers person would do. Patriots, Packers can't trust him. I want to watch out the teams with the P's No, no, no, except for the Panthers. They're fine. But all right, yeah, I'm not surprised any shot I can get in on the Patriots for the Packers, We're gonna do it. Over the course of the show, I had a vision.
Speaker 3: I just had a vision.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're Remo viewing something.
Speaker 3: But he, dude, that was super weird. You were just talking about the dogs, and I felt like I could see where the arc of The Covenant was. I'm not no joke.
Speaker 1: It is somewhere in the Middle East. Is that I know?
Speaker 3: I'm seeing it clearly.
Speaker 1: Sign maybe a business nearby.
Speaker 3: It looks like it's in the basement of the Alamo. Is there is a bike? He has a red bike.
Speaker 1: How did I know that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's super weird.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you what I want you. Look. I want to see if you're right. So I want you to get in this semi truck with this nice woman and.
Speaker 3: She will drive you.
Speaker 1: What you don't want to ride with.
Speaker 3: It was scary as a kid, dude, that.
Speaker 1: Was And it's so like and if you watch it now, you're like, I was a kid, but you still jump just a little.
Speaker 3: We should. Yeah, it sure was claymation face.
Speaker 1: My sister wouldn't watch it. She couldn't watch it, and so me, being the super nice older brother, I'd be like, oh, I'll fast forward and then I would stop and play right as it was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You ever do a thing where you pause it so you see all the different formations of large margints face Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, dude.
Speaker 1: I saw that. There was a whole article I saw on one It's one of those nerd sites where they basically were doing a deep dive of large marches transformation, and I clicked on it, so it clearly worked, right, yeah, good on, Good on you editor of whatever that website was, because I'm like, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, that's interesting. So also I thought they're gonna have a little backstory there, but they kind of didn't. Oh that's nice, all right. I'm people are now telling me about all of the different busts in their various communities for cockfighting, her dog fight. What the hell is going on? What is going on? And you see that by the way, you see the it's a big thing. And still in like Latin American countries it's a problem. And in fact, if you ever gone to keep Russ, you ever go to Key West, you ever made it all the way down there, I never have no. Okay, So if you go to key West, there's chickens everywhere, and there's cats. There's cats everywhere too, but there's chickens everywhere. If you're on the beach, which you know, Key West isn't really a beachy beach, but they do have a couple of beaches kind of on the I guess the south side of town there, just before you get into the main mix there. And so I go over that beach and it's like, you know, it's people, you know, sitting with their tents and got their coolers, and then there's like two hundred chickens just run around. It is illegal to touch the chickens. They are protected and they and then they just see them walking around in Key West and there's a dude who has trained cats who does like a busker thing, you know, where he's like making the cats do tricks. Then people throw money in hat. And I just happen to be there's a there's a bar outdoor bar kind of in the middle there called Boars something or other. Anyway, I just it was a big gathering space and that's kind of where the cat guy was. And so I'm sitting there, I'm sipping a beer. I'm watching these cats and I'm like ugh, cats, uh. And and then all of a sudden, one of these chickens comes over and starts alfing the cats, and the cats are terrified. And all these chickens are literally the remnants of cockfighting operations. Like when you figure out what they what was, what was going on there? That was that was a big thing that was going on down there. And then one day they're like no, they just get to live and they think they run the place. Fascinating, but they all kind of look weird too, like they've seen some stuff, which they probably have. But watching those cats r get being terrorized by that chicken. But it's not something I ever expected to see, and that chicken was giving it. Man, you ever been you ever been chased by a chicken or a goose or something when you're a kid, it's terrifying.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I was chased by a peacock as an adult.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Oh that's right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because you took there Lincoln like to go right, yeah, the conservatory up there, like to the where is it in Ashborough?
Speaker 1: I want to say, yeah, yeah, they're near near over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah no, And it's got this a peacock going around in the parking lot like like and it sees its reflection in the cars, and then it'll start pecking at the car by itself, like trying to attack it. And then if it sees you, like trying to chase me out of the parking lot.
Speaker 1: I'm like, dude, this is Peacocks are aggressive and also U and I guess if you've never really been around peacocks, the noise that the females make sounds like somebody is getting murdered. Like it belot. You know, you think of a peacock, you generally you think of the plumage of the male, right, and you're like, oh, that's you know, it's that's beautiful, that's lovely. You ever listen to one of the hens a pea hen? I'm like, is somebody getting murdered in the woods over there? What is happening? I first heard it when I was down in Texas because they got like peacocks running around in Houston there, like in these like nice neighborhoods. And I just remember the first time I ever heard that. Literally, I'm like, I thoughts, I thought a woman had been hit, Like, what's going on in what's going on in that house over there?
Speaker 3: It's like an old rusty ironing board that you're like unfolding, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's worse than that. Like I don't even want to play it on the radio to torture you. I'd have to go find it. But like it's awful and you're like, oh my gosh ah, even though now I was gonna make it a joke, get myself in trouble, won't do it. Won't do it yet another species where it's probably best if the women stay silent.
Speaker 3: It was a joke.
Speaker 1: Calm down, but no, have you ever heard those p hens? It's it's pretty awful man.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Oh, I forgot one another tariff story. Let me throw this in Canada? Who has dude? I saw this stat I just remember this is gonna be perfect for this story. So here's the head, Like Canada bars tests from future ev rebate programs. So they've decided to because they're mad at the administration. They decided to now punish a private company. And I understand it's Elon's company, but Elon doesn't own the whole company. It's a publicly traded company, right, so you know, if you got two hundred and forty dollars or whatever the share price is, ay by the way, the share price has been up, up, up the last week and a half. I I don't know that we'll ever find out. Ross. You have to assume that some leftists tried to short Tesla once they started vandalyzing them, right, because I saw people saying they were gonna do that, like leftist lunatics. So they bet on the stock price going down, and the damn thing's up like forty bucks in like two weeks. It's it's pretty wild. So they shorted it. They lost, They had to have lost money, which gives me warm fuzzies. But anyway, back to this, So Canada off for his EV rebates, right, which we do here in the US. Some of the some of them are insane and and people are like, oh and Elon Musk is a welfare queen because they take advantage of those. Well, the rebates are for all EV's in most cases, although they did start to partition some of his out for some of the under the Biden administration. But Canada is going to rug pull the whole thing. Canada also, and this is the stat I saw, so Canada over the Justin Trudeau, the amount they printed an additional one third of money, so one third of what had been the standard what a loonies or whatever they call their money. They basically printed another third of it. I mean, we printed a bunch of money, but nowhere close to it it is. It has absolutely savaged their economy, and so much of that money got turned into green programs, and so they did analysis of the CO two that had been mitigated by Justin Trudeau's green programs. So you devastate your economy, or at least you savage it, and maybe it's not devastated yet, but you definitely give it a rib kick. And as a result, the like the exchange, the US dollars down all over the world. Man still a lot of it's still somewhat post COVID, but it really hasn't recover to where it was. Canada is far worse, and the exchange rate it used to be, if I spent a day, the Canadian dollar was worth more, same with the Euro. Now it's not. US dollar is stronger. And so they figured out how much CO two that Justin Trudeau's green programs that required them to basically devalue their currency saved. How much time do you think it takes China to admit emit that much carbon, so of the carbon over the entire course of Trudeau. This is a crazy stat, over the entire course of Trudeau's green initiatives and and devaluing the currency. They saved this much carbon. I'll tell you the amount here in a moment. How many how much time do you think it takes China to admit that much carbon? How many days? Weeks? Months? I'm gonna go one week you no, no, a little lower? U five days lower, two days lower, one day lower? What lower?
Speaker 3: Twelve hours?
Speaker 1: Half? Put that in half? Six six hours because it's Canada. There's you know, there's there's not that many people there, right, and you really didn't have big carbon issues for the majority of the footprint of your comp of your country. Six hours. The amount of carbon that justin Trudeau saved while while squandering the value of their currency on top of everything else. China will put that out in the course of two of my shows. Good job, good job, loser. You did it, Yeah you did it, and they saved the world. Yeah, well for six hours, but hey, six more hours with your family before you know, whatever happens. And that's nice. That was very nice of them. Six hours, six hours and as you can imagine, some Canadians were not happy at that story for obvious reasons. But now they're going to they care so much about the environment that they're going to de incentivize purchasing the most popular electric vehicle in the world. And again, I don't necessarily need rebates, but it's clear that they've delineated this stuff. It's wild. And by the way, yeah, somebody send me nema. I'm gonna get into this. Have you seen the Canadian billboards yet? And if you don't know what that is, they're right here in North Carolina. I'll get into it next. Hang on. Over the last two days, I've gotten three four or I was just trying to round them up so I can see where they are. To Triad one, I don't know where it is. The guy has a nine to one nine number. I'm looking at his email signature here, so I assume it's in the Trine. I haven't seen it. I haven't seen any of these. And then one in Fayetteville. So the Canadian government bought a bunch of billboards. I don't know. I don't know if it's all over the nation or particular swing states or I don't know. The strategy. But they bought billboards. The Canadian government bought billboards and like this one and this one in Fayetteville. Here, what do you all right? So here's what they say. They say tariffs are attacks on your grocery bill paid for by the government of Canada, and that it's got the you know, the logo there from Canada and Fayetteville. I'm just gonna let me just pay. I'm not picking up Fayettville. I'm picking on the decision to put this in Fayetteville. Do you do you think the men and women popping in a Is this on brag Boulevard? I can't tell and tell where it is, but is that? Are you changed a lot of minds with that. Billboards are not necessarily cheap either. Now, as we all know, radio is the superior form of advertising. Send that to the boss. But you know, billboards, you know, we have a we had we used to have an entire iHeart when it was clear Channel cleol. We had clear Channel outdoor. For whatever reason, we didn't own billboards in North Carolina, which I thought was weird because we owned a bunch in Minnesota and a lot of states. And it's still it's spun off. It's its own company now with channels. It's still called Clear Channel. And and I remember our salespeople could sell billboards with radio in Minneapolis. And one of our sellers his name was Kevin Gepphart. Uh he was. He showed me a pricing sheef for those billboards. Holy cow man. So it's like, that's a big investment. So I'm wondering. I'm wondering, and I don't know how big the investment is the amount of money that you're actually losing on this tariff war right now? Like did you spend more on billboards than what you've actually lost. I don't know the answer to that, but I mean, hey, if they want to, you know, if they want to invest in US companies, it looks like this one's a lamar, right. Those are the ones we're used to in North Carolina. So somebody over there is making money. That's fine. You guys should buy some radio ads on my show. You can whine about tariffs, that's fine, you know. You know, Ross, do you remember I when I literally was doing I did an endorsement for Canada. Do you remember that? Was that you were? You were on the show by then, But I would do when I was doing the Hunting and Fishing Show, a little mini show for Canada, like I was the endorser. This is and this is the thing. I don't have beef with Canada per se, or Canadians for that matter. I have a bunch of friends up there. I used to spend an ungodly amount of time in Canada because the fishing in western Ontario is so amazing. So they had a national or a southeastern US pitch and they they opened it up to any any any you know radio hosts who might be interested in promoting Ontario tourism, hunting and fishing. And I'm like, so I they said, send your name and a short description of why you want to do it, and I sent, like, I sent like twenty pictures of me holding giant fish in Canada. And immediately I got it and I had so much fun. I got to interview all these different resorts and lodges and stuff. Was great, and I'm glad Canada spends the money. This I don't know. It seemed kind of wasteful to me. Also, the beef with Canada is more lumber and steel. The grocery thing seems like an odd thing. For you to focus on, because that's why the US was mad, because you guys were charging three hundred percent tariffs after a certain point on butter and what was what did you say the meat one was ross? It was something stupid. It was like seven eight hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's that's when I saw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, and that's insane. That's absolutely insane. Now is it a huge slice? Do we import a lot of dairy from No? Is it because of the taroffs? Probably a little. But also you have to understand that the US, California and Wisconsin produce more dairy than I can't remember what the number is. They're very proud of this in Wisconsin. Most people don't realize that actually California produces more dairy and the Wisconsin people want to fight you when you point that out, but like they're the largest single producers in the world of combined dairy, just those two. If you add just those two states, then the US becomes the largest producer of exportable dairy I think is what the number is. So I'm sure China produces more interior, but they don't export as much because you don't want to drink Chinese milk. Probably got lead in it. But in this case, like the beef is over groceries, but the way that you're getting hit right now is over steel. That's that's what's happened. There's a there was a story the other day about a steel manufacturer up in Canada that's laying off a third of their workforce. I guess they're they're they're doing that thing where they park them so they'll hire and back if things change, but for right now, and and that sucks, man. But like the vulnerability that Canada allowed itself, uh with their single When you are essentially delineated down to a single trading partner and you find yourself in a spat, you're gonna lose. You're gonna I don't care what Joy Reid says. In fact, would you put that Joy read insanity up again? Please? All right? Russ from the other day, if you didn't hear this cut from Joy Reid who she'd interviewed, Oh, she's with Don Lemon, I think right, So she's on there. This is the reason this chick doesn't have a show anymore. She's an absolute lunatic. But if anybody thinks what she thinks, you're not doing the math, because here's the only thing you need to know, all right, the percentage of your GDP in Canada. Let's start in the US. The percentage of US GDP that is tied to US exports to Canada in any and Vicera is two percent of our GDP, so going both ways in Canada, it's depending on who you ask, it's twenty six to forty percent because there's seasonal adjustments. So when you have a fourth of your economy hinging on one trade partner, you're screwed. And on the steel thing, it's really not even the US's fault because China's been dumping below market value steel all over the world, trying to essentially box out producers, put them out of business so they can be the number one manufacturer. And it's just one of a thousand things that China does that is supposed to be illegal, and then they just do it anyway. So you get that double whamming up in Canada of getting in this fight with the US and then China doing what they're doing to manipulate the price of steel. I don't know why you're running billboards with groceries. That's not your problem. Your problem is the steel, and in fact, to help you solve the problem, I'm going to send you joy reed. The first I'm going to play this lunatic cut.
Speaker 12: First of all, you can't make Canada the fifty first state without going to war with them. And let me explain how that happened, how that worked out. The last time we tried to go to war with Canada, they burned the White House to the ground in eighteen fourteen.
Speaker 8: And won the war.
Speaker 12: Canada beat us in the War of eighteen twelve. They probably liked their chances against us. We're not gonna beat them in a war because we have never been able to do that. You'd have to occupy a country that is equivalent of the size of the United States, in which the top two thirds of it is uninhabited, frozen forest land that touches the Arctic.
Speaker 3: I can't, I can't, I can How did this get stupider from the other day right express how dumb she is? In eighteen twelve, did we have the biggest military in the history of the world, No, because we do now.
Speaker 1: No, we did not, and that's why we ended up leaning on the French for some of that. But they it was such a decisive victory. They took exactly zero square meters of land. I just want to point this out, and in fact, actually we hosed them on. We hosed them on some land after that too.
Speaker 3: We just went reported the fact that she points out their population is, but she doesn't point out their population and compared to our population.
Speaker 1: Well, then she does she but then she points out the size as though the size matter that Canada is quite a bit larger in the US.
Speaker 3: It is, but like she pointed out, most of it is, you can't inhabit it because but.
Speaker 1: Also it's not forest land, right, because there's a little thing that happens, and I've been there. When you start getting north in Canada, there's no more trees, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is one of the dumbest statements I think we've ever played in the show. And every time you play it's gonna sound just dumber and dumber.
Speaker 1: Hold on, she's not done. There's twenty more, twenty four more seconds.
Speaker 12: You know how that worked out when the Nazis tried that with Russia, which is the equivalent of Canada on that part of the world. But we don't lose what we don't have enough troops to occupy. They are a country of thirty nine million people who are who have about as many guns per capita as we do.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's so dumb.
Speaker 1: Also, it's spring man, it's raced agent from the Weather Channel. Le's get him in here. It's spring. So not that we couldn't you get the tenth Mountain Division could go take that whole country in the middle of December. Don't get me wrong, but like it's almost summer and the snow melts in Canada. She's I don't know, maybe she's never been there. Sorry, Ray, it's got a weather angle. So and now he's not there. You know why, because he died from the stupid he was. He listened to joy read and he went, oh my gosh, that's a person with an opinion. He listened to the opinion and he just just dropped in. Okay, all right, he apparently he's recovered. I'm sorry. I think we killed you with the stupid that I apologize for that. Did that just happen?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, First as Comras died, he was there and died, and then then he called him the phone and then that died.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, uh, go look out the window, look to the south, checked the smoke signals, he's he's back on the phone or on the comrades. S O.
Speaker 2: S Well initially dialed in it. And so I was kind of like said, I thought I.
Speaker 1: Thought you died listening to how I feel bad for you.
Speaker 11: Well we're still here, unfortunately or fortunately everyone.
Speaker 1: Words you think you're you're a meteorologist, Uh, Canada always covered in uh a Russian winter level of snow or green from time to think it's green.
Speaker 11: Well, remember a couple of years back they dealt with their own set up with the big wildfires too.
Speaker 1: No, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a perfect way to say, no, it's not they okay, all right and dry.
Speaker 1: We'll call joy reading.
Speaker 2: You've gotta go probably way northward there the weather.
Speaker 1: Because your thing sounds like it's gonna die again. Really, that's I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, that's whatever looks good.
Speaker 11: Little frost this morning, patche frost frost advisory thirties go to sixties today, so we probably double our temperatures you're seeing now in the car thermometer mid upper sixties tomorrow, mid upper seventies, maybe eighty for the triangle. Same thing on Saturday, with a little more cloud in and we'll get some showers Sunday through about Tuesday, and there might be some stronger storms in spots. So let's to keep an eye of swear weather threat, especially Sunday night.
Speaker 2: At the Monday. But much need of rain coming in too, so that will be welcomed. Casey.
Speaker 11: It looks like, you know, we're probably done with a real cold air. I don't know as we get into April on Tuesday and go through the month, if we get another little shot at chilly air coming in it Right now, looks like call signs are spring and hopefully little wet weather, not only for the Polem but some of the wildfires to the west of us that continue tomorrow.
Speaker 1: All right, hey you sir, try again tomorrow maybe, yeah, maybe, and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next hand. Good morning, Casey.
Speaker 13: Worries over inflation and the widening trade war sank the stock market yesterday. President Trump signed his order for twenty five percent tariffs on important autos before Wall Street rang the closing bell. Those levees will take effect next Wednesday. Stock market futures are mixed this morning.
Speaker 6: S and P and.
Speaker 13: Nasdaq futures both a little lower. The Dow futures are up twenty seven points. Turns out the economy was growing a little faster than previously estimated at the end of last year. The government says the gross domestic product expanded at a two point four percent annual rate in the fourth quarter. The prior estimate out a month ago was two point three percent. There was a small DOWNTAI last week and the number of workers signing up for unemployment benefits. The Labor Department counted two hundred and twenty four thousand initial applications, one thousand fewer than.
Speaker 6: The prior week.
Speaker 13: United Parcel Service has a new tool designed to help overseas merchants when they sell products to Americans. It is called Global Checkout. E commerce Retailers that ship with UPS can embed it in their websites. It will automatically calculate the cost of tariffs and other levees on products and shoppers online carts and add them in at checkout. This avoids the problem of buyers seeing surprise charges from international duties when their.
Speaker 1: Parcels arrive now.
Speaker 13: UPS says the timing on this, of course, is great, but it is something that's been in the works for some time advertisers are returning to the X platform, its expected ad sales will grow for the first time since the social network. Since the social network was known as Twitter. Its projected domestic ad sales will be up seventeen percent this year. In case see, the Nike Dunk is losing its cachet. The Dunk was once the hottest sneaker in the world. Nike's new leadership, it's dialing back the company's dependence on classic sneakers and making way for fresh designs. Analysts at Piper Sandler project sales of the Nike Dunk will plummet seventy percent over two years.
Speaker 1: Casey, is that that? Is that a Jordan thing? Or I'm not familiar with all the Nike shoes.
Speaker 13: No, the article says it. Yeah, it's worn more on the street than on basketball courts.
Speaker 6: Is the way the article was written.
Speaker 1: All right, and you're too cool to hang with us tomorrow? I saw, so that's it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Denise Pellegrini wants to wants to be in and we harder the show tomorrow. Yes, all right, she's looking forward to it to Okay, you to.
Speaker 1: Take care, there you go. Jeff Pellinger, Bloomberg News yeah, I don't know. I don't car remember the last time I owned a pair. I don't have anything against Nike. Still have some Nike golf clubs actually, but yeah, I'm not up on the shoes. I just know that that people like to loot them in hurricanes sometimes. And uh then I see what they charged for, like old Jordans and you're not supposed to actually wear them, and I just tapped out or something. I'd like, do you ever see every see these closets where these dudes have like three hundred pairs of Nikes like Jordan's and they're going through like their uh uh. And I understand there are collectors out of They're like shoe files or something weird. Yeah, man, Anyway, what was that show on MTV with the Cribs? Right like every episode they'd go if it was a guy who was a sport dude or a musician, is like this musician, he'd have like a shoe room that was bigger in my house. So all right, do what you're gonna do. Remember Ross and I we had the fake Reebok pumps, So.
Speaker 3: Dude, I only wear New Balance. Now New Balance is the elite shoe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ross, Ross gave into our our.
Speaker 3: Age wear the old person shoe.
Speaker 1: Now, I like costas. That's what I wear. They're very comfortable. Slip on, slip off. All right, check this, hey, Lincoln, ever do the thing where he thought there was a monster under the bed in the closet, You're.
Speaker 3: He did, but he thought it was hilarious. Okay, he wanted the monster to come out and play. He laughed, just over and over again.
Speaker 1: That's actually, it's kind of funny. Actually. In Kansas, though, a babysitter was babysitting these two kids. One of the kids came out and said, hey, there's a monster under my bed. And so, you know, the babysitters like, all right, so you go do the thing where you go check under the bed to make your kid feel better. Child predator under the bed?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Barton County, Barton County, Kansas. I don't know where that is. According to the babysitter, she came back in to alleviate the child to look under the bed and was a dude was staring at her. He jumped out from under the bed, knocked her and the child over, and then ran out of the house.
Speaker 3: Well, the kid got the Monster part right