Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. We're in a victory for the American way in Colorado Springs with that big raid. We're going to keep talking about it and want to get to your take on, Hey, what do you think was really behind it? Do you expect to see more? What else do you want to see the Trump administration do here in Colorado. We'll tie that into the President sign in a number of additional executive orders today dealing with illegal immigration, but really want to focus on the Springs and very specific action you would like to see the administration take next three or three seOne three eight, two five five d an five seven seven three nine. And when I say take next, I mean right here in Colorado, which has been a notorious sanctuary state and sanctuary city. Right And the thing that infuriates me the most because listen, I can underst and having different political ideologies and disagreeing on major issues, etc. But there are some things that just cross all lines of human decency. And every single top elected Democrat in Colorado is guilty of this as our top party officials making a deliberate decision to sacrifice innocent human life at this altar of getting as many illegal folks into the country as possible because they're going to be Democrat voters. And that's why, time and time again you've seen these top elected Democrats try to protect people here illegally who are committing serious crimes. And how just basic human decency, How could somebody ever support.
Speaker 2: That, let alone use their power they got from.
Speaker 1: The voters to protect people here illegally who committed other crimes. Often those crimes are committed against other folks here illegally, very often the crimes are committed against US citizens. But as a matter of basic human decency, how to the Johnstons and polices and hicken Loopers and Bennetts of the world, the wisers of the world justify that. Yeah, I can't even begin to comprehend that. But my personal belief is that it comes back to on the left, just this what's become a distorted, perverted view of the value of human life. And very much, and I'm not colon any of these people Marxists, but very much is kind of communist Marxist view, right, that the individual human life doesn't have any inherent dignity or value or worse. And so all these innocent US citizens, all these women being raped, all these people being murdered, all the people who their father or mother don't come home tonight because they've been killed by an illegal immigrant on the roadway, they're just an acceptable casualty rate to these Democrats. So I really do think this sanctuary city, sanctuary states stuff, and you look at what it really means, providing sanctuary to people committing illegal acts, providing sanctuary and protection. What a sanctuary, I mean protection, providing protection against law enforcement to people who are here committing brutal, violent crimes.
Speaker 2: And I so I.
Speaker 1: Support absolutely everything under the sun that Trump administration can legally and constitutionally do to stand up for innocent human life because it's it's you know, the pro life movement. Obviously it's about protecting masses of people, millions from being killed before they're born, but it's protecting innocent human life at every stage. And so this idea of ending sanctuary cities and states where people committing crimes are given protection. That's very much in my view of pro life issue three or three seOne, three eight, two five five takes DA five seven seven, three nine. So want to get your take on what you want to see the administration do. Next related story this in the Denver Post, Colorado Springs landlord shocked underground club was operating on property Colorado Springs. The owner of a Colorado Springs building that was the site of a federal raids Sunday morning told Denver seven investigates he had no idea an underground nightclub was operating on his property.
Speaker 2: Quote, I've never even seen a.
Speaker 1: Lot of trash in the parking lot to even suspect anything like an after hours nightclub is going on. So it's pretty shocking, told investigative reporter Tony Koveleski. Does a great job over there at Channel seven. But yeah, Ryan, there's one thing about MS thirteen and trend Aragua, right, they're very very neat.
Speaker 2: They always pick up their litter.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I'm sure there just wasn't even anything in the parking lot. But yeah, the DEAIS, multiple other agencies. I think there were how many, maybe three hundred law enforcement involved in this rate bust Colorado Springs underground club quote frequented by TDA and MS thirteen terrorists. Why didn't Phil Wiser do this earlier? Why didn't police get involved? Yeah, and you just sent me something, right, Ryan, I think we've had a condemnation, right, And I'm sure it was a condemnation of you know, just the fact that this terrible nightclub existed.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: No, al Paso County Democratic Party condemns Colorado Springs dea. Right, Wow, can we send them some money just so they can keep sending out stuff like this? City and counter leadership failed their constituents by refusing to call for restraint, compassion, or due process for the very residents they represent. Residents, including US citizens, are at real risk of wrongful detention, deportation, and imprisonment or worse that from the Alpasso County Democratic Party. Right, do you remember that missuing a statement of condolence or empathy or condemnation for any of the innocent people in al Paso County raped by somebody here illegally or or brutally violated by MS thirteen or TDA, or people whose children died of fetanol that was brought into the country through the open border. I bet there's a long string of text from the Alpasso County Democratic Party condemning all of those horrors.
Speaker 2: None of what you mentioned comes to Mina. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: What's so good right now is everything we were talking about during the campaign. Remember where I was talking about, Okay, vitally important obviously the Trump win, But what's very, very important is that the left then collapses. And to collapse, the left has to reveal itself, right, because only the people can collapse the left. The left is never going to collapse itself. But my prediction was, and fortunately it's born out, that as it became more and more obvious that Trump was going to win, and then once he did win, the Left would lose its self control and the Left would just expose itself to the people for what it really is. And then at that point we get the double barrel. We get the election of President Trump and all the good that has brought, but then we also get the left kind of eating itself, the Left destroying itself.
Speaker 2: By exposing itself.
Speaker 1: And fortunately we're getting the benefit of that as well. If we get really lucky, then AOC is going to be their presidential nominee right, or at least be a viable enough presidential candidate. Shall certainly be viable enough, I think, to pull the party even further to the left. Which where are they on the scale? Then once AOC pulls the Democrats even further to the left, where are they on the deskpot scale? Where do they compare to say, g and the Communist Party of China?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, how much further left can you go? The good news is we're about to find out, because the further left this Democratic Party goes in Colorado and nationally, the sooner it will meet its demise, and Colorado tougher not to craft. But we're up for that challenge. Three or three seOne three eight two five five takes d a n five seven seven three nine dan. As a church organist, I've played hundreds of Catholic funerals. Not once, says a Texter, did anyone complain about black not being worn, no matter how supposedly important the dead person was? Right, I have to admit I've been a bit oblivious to this controversy over President Trump wearing a blue suit to the funeral of the Pope. I'd be very surprised if that would offend God in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: Remember, Dan, these are the same people that always go to the criticism of President Obama's tan suit by conservatives and made fun of that, And now they're engaging in what color was.
Speaker 2: Now a tan suit's a different, different animal. Where where? What do you wear a tan suit too?
Speaker 3: I think it was a press briefing or something pretty innocuous.
Speaker 2: Well, there's no reason to criticize that.
Speaker 4: That's I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, if you wore a tan suit to the Pope's funeral.
Speaker 4: That'd be different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be different.
Speaker 4: That aren't blue and black and most instances interchangeable.
Speaker 1: Right, And I know one texter mentioned that that what that that.
Speaker 2: Pope had wanted everybody to wear black.
Speaker 1: I yeah, but listen, I don't think there was anything even remotely disrespectful. Listen, we talked about in the last segment. It was the ultimate respect of President Trump to go. It was respect for for Catholics throughout America, respect for the Catholic Church, and there should be a lot of respect on a lot of levels. And he said it's starting with the fact that the Catholic vote was he won it in America and that was obviously very important, but also all the great work the Catholic Church does, because you can bet on this as a matter of fact, Colorado falls apart Denver first, much more quickly and without all the great work done in the trenches by Catholics. The Catholic Church Catholic Charities obviously not the only group or faith or anything else doing a lot of great work in Colorado, but in terms of scale, enormity of scale, all the different diverse services provided, literally, Denver would fall apart in one week without the Catholic Church and Catholic Charities ministering to the poor the way that it does. So Trump showed I think, ultimate respect to the Catholic Church into Catholics by going to the funeral, and I'm glad he did.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Taplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: The left track to make a big deal out of President Trump wearing a blue suit and blue tie to the Pope's funeral, and you know, please, I hope they keep spouting that kind of nonsense because it was a Catholic myself, and flawed, far from perfect work in progress Catholic, but one who loves the church, and I'm grateful for my faith. I can tell you I was so appreciative to President Trump for the respect that he showed by attending and in respect to you know, American Catholics as well.
Speaker 2: And as he mentioned, hey, he won the Catholic vote and he wanted to show respect. So I think that is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 5: Why did you feel it was important to go to the folks.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was out of respect.
Speaker 4: You know, I won the Catholic vote, and I think it's.
Speaker 6: The first time that ever happened where a Republican won the vote.
Speaker 1: But I wanted by a lot, and you know, I have a great relationship to the Catholics. Oh, he actually won it in sixteen, and I do think it was undeniably the difference maker in sixteen Upper Midwest Blue Wall States Catholic surge for Trump at the very end, in part rebelling against Hillary Clinton's glorification of late term abortions. So no, it's great, and it's great he showed that respect. By the way, there were plenty of other people there in blue. Biden wore a blue tie. And the people who are making this argument that Trump broke dress code. They're citing a document about protocol being black tie black coup well, and then Biden broke it to and then Prince William and a bunch of other people. So again that kind of nonsense from the left, Bring on more of it, because it's just going to mean more Republicans get elected. Three or three someone three eight two five five d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Anybody you want to see is an ex pope there, Ryan saw nominee that I was going to bring your attention to it. I thought, I sent you a text, but I gotta find it, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: And then in that next segment we will play this hilarious thing that's just out there in X right now. Somebody did a great job working this up where they did a mock draft for the next pope, a vaticant draft for the next Pope, and I just think it's done in good cheer and everything else and kind of fun. My hope is that obviously somebody has to be right on the faith right, because the whole idea within the Catholic Church is, hey, you're the mailman. You can't change the mail, right, You don't get to write the mail. Jesus writes the mail, God writes the mail. You just carry the mail. You can't change the mail. I hope we get a male carrying pope, but boy, I would love to see I'd love to see a pope from Africa.
Speaker 3: Well, I think I'm gonna be along the same lines as you, Dan, and we might be on the same page here. So a pope has chosen, I don't know a lot about this. You do this conclave process from.
Speaker 2: An existing cardinal or what's cardinal?
Speaker 4: Cardinal Robert Sarah.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, no, so impressive. I'd love to see him as pope. I think he's considered a long shot. But then again, John Paul the Great probably wasn't even on the board.
Speaker 3: I think he's a native of Guinea uh in Africa. And then also the only thing maybe working against him, But I don't know if this has been a big factor in the past.
Speaker 2: Is he is up there in years? He's seventy eight.
Speaker 1: Which could work for you, right right, depending on what people want. If they're looking for a shorter term pope. You know, thank God literally that John Paul the Great was picked when he was young enough to then have that big long term impact.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I I follow him on X and I love some of the I love a lot of the stuff he's done.
Speaker 1: So yeah, in Africa, man, I'll tell you, Catholicism is just exploding in Africa. So I would love to see, you know, an African pope again, assuming the you know doctrine is right. Yeah, it's going to be really interesting to watch. Three seven three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. Talking again, we have throughout the show about the a big raid down in Colorado Springs. I've been, and obviously the illegal immigrant piece of it was very important, but there's also the drug aspect and the two intersect right when it comes to fentonyl open borders, et cetera. What do you make of the fact that I've seen reports running up to twelve active US military arrested there.
Speaker 2: What do you make of those reports?
Speaker 4: That is a curve ball?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, yeah, And I think some of the reports I've seen as suggested, you know, working as security things like that. But I think it just goes back to an undeniable point that even our most revered institutions, consisting of our very best and bravest and brightest, and that would be the military police fire. For me, as a Catholic, it'd be priest. Any human endeavor is going to have a few bad apples because were you. And then the challenge is to just root that out and to be just ruthless and clear eyed about it. So, yeah, I do hope we get some pretty thorough reporting, meaning from the administration none on what that was all about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm having Kelly reach out right now to John Fabricatory, who is under consideration for a post in the Trump administration, and if he's unable to join us, hopefully he'll be able to recommend us somebody that can join us to talk about the western Colorado springs.
Speaker 1: What else do you want to see the administration do here in Colorado? We covered earlier in the show this really important announcement today that President Trump, now and I've been pushing this for years on air, is going to require all truck drivers to be proficient in English.
Speaker 7: And then the third executive order, which actually speaks the heart of your question earlier about the uber drivers, will be a order directing the Department of Transportation to include English literacy tests for our truckers. This is a big problem in the trucking community.
Speaker 2: That, oh, amen to that.
Speaker 1: I mean, as I mentioned to you, I was over at jeff Co Jail a few weeks ago deposing for almost six hours a trucker who had killed my client's beloved husband, spilling pipe on him on a Colorado roadway. And then the DA out there only prosecutes it as a misdemeanor. Lots of other people hurt too, by the way, it's only prosecuted as a misdemeanor. And so the guy's going to be out in less than a year. And I had to get the deposition before he was released from jail, and you know, you're doing it through an interpreter, and it's like, obviously, this cannot be safe. You've got to be proficient, proficient in English to operate safely, you know, a semi truck on America's roadways. And so I'm so happy to see President.
Speaker 2: Trump do that.
Speaker 1: But where's the leadership at the Colorado state level on that, right? I mean, we have become this killing field, you know, when it comes to trucks. And hey, the good truckers, I've said this for decades on air, the good truckers are heroes. Really hard job without them, we can't have our lives. Our lifestyle would still be alive, but we can't have our lifestyle. They're backbone of America. But the industry has a dark underbelly, extraordinarily dangerous. I mean, in terms of the dangers facing you and your family right now, probably reckless Trucker is very, very very.
Speaker 2: High up on the list.
Speaker 1: And so it's something any sane society wants to protect its own should be ruthlessly acting against.
Speaker 2: Every single day.
Speaker 1: But you look at policy coddles, the guy who calls that massive fireball on the highway, all those people burned up.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kaplas Show.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Look, i started borgital in nineteen eighty four. I've been at this for over forty years. I worked for six presidents, Star O Round Reagan. Every president ever worked for it to boris security seriously, because you can't have national security if you don't have strong Boris security. We got to know who's coming in, what's coming in, where's coming in, why's coming in?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: Even President Obama and President Clinton took some steps to secure the border because they understood and national security was important. Joe Biden was the first president in the history of this nation who came in office an unsecured a border on purpose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and remember with the support of Michael Bennet and John Hickenlooper and Mike Johnston and Jared Polis right, remember that hopefully the voters of Colorado will three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. I'll go to the full lines quickly. But Texter Dan, did you see that Tennessee is now requiring autopsies for mass shooters for purpose of identifying links to psychiatric drugs. I think it would also show marijuana or other drugs too. You've talked a lot about the drug connection of the shooting.
Speaker 2: You bet you.
Speaker 1: You go back and you look at these mass shooters in Colorado and elsewhere.
Speaker 2: It's really rare.
Speaker 1: That a mass shooter is not a heavy marijuana user. Doesn't mean every marijuana user heavy marijuana user is going to be a mass shooter, of course not. But when you look at this, when you look at this common denominator among most of the mass shooters, isn't that something that we should be studying. Isn't that a concern? Isn't that something that should weigh against the legalization of marijuana, right? But that's just not talked about right because the legalization of marijuana is holy grail for the left, because the left knows that a drug society is more dependent on government and more likely to vote for Democrats. That's that's been their game for a long time now. Jerry Brown announced you remember Jerry Brown, the uber liberal was called liberal back then governor of California, and he said, hey, how many stoners can you have and still be a great state. But yeah, so that's why you don't have this focus on mass shooters often being heavy marijuana users. And for those who don't spend a lot of time studying this issue, it's it's not that, okay, they get so intoxicated they go out and do something tom like that. It's causing psychotic breaks. It's causing psychotic breaks that cause them to go out and do demonic things like that. Let's go to Steven in Denver.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla show. Welcome.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to follow up on the Tim tebow Ye was very yeah, I'm so glad you see this. I'm no one will ever convince me that he could not play in the NFL. Well, he proved he could start that down. Yeah, once you start, you know, once you get rejected by one team, that becomes a kind of a snowball.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Stephen, thank you for my call my friend to call my friend.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: That's a beautiful thing about this tebou debate. There is no debate. He proved it. Go back and google up.
Speaker 2: I had two.
Speaker 1: Pieces, one in the Post and one in the Gazette, just documenting, you know, the success of Tim Tebow compared to the greatest quarterbacks of all time.
Speaker 2: If you study the first couple of years in the league. He proved he could succeed in the NFL.
Speaker 1: He didn't get run out of Denver because he didn't succeed in the NFL. He succeeded at historic levels. He got ran out of Denver over ego because Tim Tebow became the most popular athlete in the world. And a big part of it was what a good person he was and his faith and all the positives he was doing for faith and Christianity. But none of that would have mattered if he wasn't a winning football player. But he was both and it was his popularity that got him run out of Denver, and so yeah, it's under his success on the field, it's undeniable, that was proven.
Speaker 2: And none of that's not a knock on Manning.
Speaker 1: Manning's one of the coolest people and greatest quarterbacks ever. But Manning was always going to be a sugar high, a short term fix because we got him at the end of his career. Tebow would have been ten or twelve more years, and so that's what we lost out on. Three or three, he seOne, three, eight, two, five, five, text d an seven thirty nine. And how did Denver fare over all those years? Yeah, yeah, not great. But I do think we're coming back from the wilderness now, not a sports show or I go further down that road. We'll save those conversations for the breaks. I did want to get to this though, because it is so typical of what's going on on the left, and they really do believe in this violence stuff, right because they can't win arguments on the merit, on the facts, on the logic, on the morality. They can't win there so so often the left is about politics of personal destruction and implicit or explicit threats of violence. I mean, before I get to the latest example, who can ever forget this greatest hit that should have had him criminally prosecuted. I mean, it just goes to show how the Biden administration corrupted justice and weaponized the justice system, not only by misusing it against political endsies, but by protecting political friends from being prosecuted when they should have been as Chuck Schumer should have been prosecuted for this direct threat against specific by name US Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: Tell you, Gorzaz, I want to tell you Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind and you will pay the rice.
Speaker 2: You won't know what hits you.
Speaker 1: You won't know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions. Yeah, and then any surprise that somebody came to Gorsuch's house to kill him in his family, No surprise couldn't have been a surprise to Schumer who said those words.
Speaker 2: He should have been prosecuted. But Governor J. B.
Speaker 1: Pritzker, who now wants to be president, wants to be the Democrat nominee. Now, he tried to be a little more careful with it, but the message is the same. And again, all these people they note they're speaking to a wide range of folks, including deranged folks who can take messages like this pretty easily as a call to violence.
Speaker 2: Never before in.
Speaker 3: My life have I called for mass protests, for mobilization, for disruption.
Speaker 2: But I am that peace. Repulments cannot know the moment of peace.
Speaker 3: They have to understand that we will fight their falty with.
Speaker 4: Every megaphone and microphone.
Speaker 5: That we have.
Speaker 2: We must fascinate them on the soapbox and then punish them at the ballot box. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what he does, obviously, right, is he throws out that first piece separately, these Republicans can never know a moment of peace, and then he tries to cover it with the back part, fully knowing that already there have been two very serious assassination attempts. I'm Trump serious, right, I mean, without divine intervention, in my opinion, he's dead after the first one. But that's just who they are.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: The beautiful thing is, I think America is on to him, So it really Ryan. Remember when I instituted that rule on the show that nobody followed because nobody cares when I instituted a rule here. But remember that rule I instituted that there would be no more discussion on this show of Joe Biden as the Democrat nominee. And I instituted that rule months before he finally got, you know, cout out, because it was so obvious he was never going to make it to election. He was never going to be their nominee. And so I think we need I think we need some more rules on this show. And one of those I think has to be or where do you want to start?
Speaker 2: No talk of JB.
Speaker 1: Pritzker as president or the Democrat nominee because he's not going to be.
Speaker 2: Do you think I'm missing something there? No? What about Paula's Oh my lord, come on?
Speaker 1: I mean, and you see all the articles now right, but by these lefty publications, whether it's New York Times or any basis, he's not even on any lists anymore. Now, why do you think he's falling off those lists?
Speaker 3: He's a nonentity, and he's just blended in with the fire left and signing this gunband bill and everything else. He did nothing to stand out Dan as a unique candidate that might be in his own lane.
Speaker 1: But that's been true for a long time, right, And he was on the list for a while. But now, I mean, I'm sure somebody can find some list somewhere, but he's just not on the lists anymore. What do you think I think there was something that caused everybody to just write him off.
Speaker 3: How do you think he feels about being surpassed by the likes of AOC in those conversations because she's being seriously bandied about by the left as a presidential candidate.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know, I would bet that doesn't bother him nearly as much as some of the other people are surpassing him. Yeah, you know, because they're like people nobody's ever heard of. They're like people who don't have one hundred or two hundred million dollars to spread around to try to get more political influence or win another.
Speaker 2: Office or whatever.
Speaker 1: So I don't know the answer to this, but I am really intrigued by it, because all of a sudden he just fell off the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: My own belief, and it's not meant to be at all, mean, just just realistic. Is that the more people saw, including the more people saw in the media of different performances on air, et cetera.
Speaker 2: The more he saw. Yeah, that's that's not going anywhere, not after he.
Speaker 1: Gets out of the money bubble in Colorado, and the money he has is enough to buy Colorado elections, not enough to buy national elections. Three or three se one three eight, two five five text d an five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 4: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Glad you're here on this pretty evening and probably one of the most important texts in a long time. This from Peter in beautiful Colorado Springs.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: That's why it's so ironic that four to twenty is the weed holiday. They weren't exactly potheads, but Harrison Cleebold were both marijuana users, well documented. First of all, rearding Harris and documented marijuana use. I'm not sure the details of that. I'm just not You know, you looked at the way she spoke and acted sometimes and it was consistent with that, But that doesn't mean that was the cause of it.
Speaker 2: In terms of Cleve Bald and Harris. Yeah. I mean, if you look at almost.
Speaker 1: All the mass shooters, I'm trying to think of an exception in Colorado, I can't think of one. I think all the Colorado mass shooters have been potheads, heavy pot users, and the same is true for most mass shooters across the country. But we don't have that part of its studied. Right, you don't see the Democrats at the Colorado legislature now wanting to you know, reverse Amendment sixty four or even limit potency of marijuana, which has become krackawana, right, because it's the holy grail. They need a drugged up population and so it's more dependent on government, more.
Speaker 2: Likely to vote for the left.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so every time they talk about, Okay, we need to take away your Second Amendment rights to stop these mass shootings, when obviously mass shooters don't care about our murder laws. They're not going to care about our gun laws. But they won't talk about limiting the availability high potency marijuana, right, or the common thread of having marijuana use of mass shooters because no, that's, yeah, that's too important to them politically. So you know, screw the innocent victims of the next mass shooter. You know, they're just not willing to go there. But the other reason I think this text is so important, Ryan, and it's something we've touched on in air, but never really directly addressed. But now we must is to what extent is this lunacy, like really truly bizarre lunatic stuff that we're seeing from a lot of these top elected Democrats, including some who used to appear wrong, But saying, to what extent do you think that's due to legalized marijuana? I mean, how many top elected officials in the Democratic Party here in Colorado and elsewhere do you think have become Maria?
Speaker 3: I want to users could be a better explanation than whatever the alternative would be.
Speaker 2: I mean, and listen, I have no worth the idea.
Speaker 1: I've never asked him, none whatsoever, no idea whether Mike Johnston uses marijuana or not. But when you see a guy who I always used to have great conversations with and we disagreed on most everything, but a guy who used to be kind of rational and stable, though wrong on things, A guy like that come out and talk about Tienaman Square and sending Denver cops out at the border to stop the Feds from enforcing federal law, just really goofy bizarre stuff. I think it's a fair question in a state where marijuana is legal, not accusing him of anything illegal I'm not accusing him of anything. I don't know if he uses or not, but I think it is a fair question now when you see otherwise smart people saying and doing really really goofy things. So just across America, how many of these Democrat leaders and officials who are saying all this goofy stuff? How many of them do you think?
Speaker 2: Are you and dope? Do you think Bernie Sanders uses AOC? I don't want to say.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I and is it a fair question? Is it a fair question now that you have marijuana legal in these different places? Because at that expression, that old expression, I'll have guys like he's acting like he used on drugs. That expression exists for a good reason, right, because when people are on drugs, they do a lot of crazy stuff and they say a lot of crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow. Dan is a fellow Catholic.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on Latin Mass versus the New Math, both both personally and politically these days, I find it harder and harder to go to the New Mass, although it meets my obligation. I see a lack of respect for the Mass T shirt and food like a movie anyway, Just curious or hey, thank you for the text.
Speaker 2: I can tell you've been to both.
Speaker 1: And there's a Latin Mass church you know, out here and at the South Denver area and the South suburbs and just an absolutely wonderful place to go. And then mostly I'm going to you know, the more traditional Mass, and.
Speaker 2: I just enjoy both myself.
Speaker 1: This business about lack of respect for the Mass, my friend, I have not encountered that, maybe we're going to different places. What I'm encountering, and I hate to sound like such a cheerleader, but it's just legit.
Speaker 2: What I'm encountering is.
Speaker 1: Just an explosion of attend and said Catholic churches, and I you know, depending upon where I'm in trial or whatever, maybe we're traveling, I'll hit a lot of different Catholic churches around the metro area. And then I have a trial coming up in Fort Collins. They'll be in church up there next week of trial in Colorado Springs being church down there.
Speaker 2: Everywhere I go, it's packed.
Speaker 1: I mean, Ryan, we went out to the seven point thirty yesterday and I hope I don't have to go to confession for this one.
Speaker 2: Try to beat the crowds. It was packed.
Speaker 1: It's just so I'm not seeing the lack of respect for the mass in the more traditional masses. But Texter, thank you for noting. If you want to write back or call, please, we'd love to talk with you. It's going to be an interesting show tomorrow. A lot lots shaping up for the show tomorrow, and some of it is still being confirmed right now, so I can't really promote that.
Speaker 2: But I one of the.
Speaker 1: Things that I'm really intrigued by because I think President Trump very focused on Colorado right for lots of legitimate reasons, and the sanctuary state in the sanctuary city and Mayor Johnston coming out and calling Trump out publicly and everything else.
Speaker 2: I think Trump is determined to.
Speaker 1: Protect the people of Colorado because our elected officials on the left have not been willing to. We'll talk tomorrow about what you want to see the Trump administration do here. Thank you, Ryan, Thank you, Kelly. Catch you tomorrow.