Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Leslie here. So for this special commentary episode, we are watching the film Man Hunter, the Director's Cut, which clocks in at two hours and four minutes. This one may be a little bit harder to track down, but trust me, it is worth it for the some of the additional footage. But if you can't track it down, don't worry about too much because it's only about four minutes longer and you can get in sync pretty easily. All right, So we're gonna start the film on go three two one go.
Speaker 2: There we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm playing perfect, do you know? Dealer?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's the mark of quality. That really is the mark of quality.
Speaker 1: You can just tell by the font.
Speaker 3: Is a good truly?
Speaker 2: Actually, to be honest with you, they should add a little wiggle vision to fonts and movies.
Speaker 1: Well, hello everyone, welcome to Struggle Session.
Speaker 2: I'm Leslie the IID, I'm Jack Allison.
Speaker 1: I'm Shannon Strucci and today we are doing a very special commentary episode of one of my favorite films with one of my favorite people and favorite guests, Will Millinker of Chapol chap Rosse. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 4: Seeing is the primary way through which my fantasy is made real. You like watching movies, don't you cheat? Sport, You've seen this movie before, Sport.
Speaker 3: A joy to be here with you. Watch I'm ready to hunt some Men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh great, already this like the like super fucking creepy like snuff footage that this opens with. Already so good.
Speaker 3: So terrifying.
Speaker 1: I am a huge, huge fan of this movie, which I'm ashamed to say I didn't watch until many, many years later because people we all we talk about like, oh this is they did a hambal lecter one in the eighties, and like it wasn't that good. It was nearly it was.
Speaker 2: People are unkind to this because of some Yeah, it's pretty hard.
Speaker 4: For this movie to get out underneath the shadow of the limbs. And like I don't even know, Like I couldn't even say which one is better. I mean, I think they're both unalloyed masterpieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they're so different.
Speaker 4: Oh, this opening shot here of Crawford wonderful on the beach.
Speaker 1: Here, this is the eighties right here, the pure eighties.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, some amazing Bill Peterson shorts.
Speaker 2: Here's the two types of eighties men, sleaveless beach man and a business fella both with perms.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful, wonderful. So, uh, what's your history? Well, all y'all's history of the film. I just only watched a couple of years ago, fell in love with it, have watched it maybe four or five times since, Like it's the one that I can do over and over again.
Speaker 2: Mine is also similar to yours. I watched it earlier than a couple of years ago, Like I think I did end up watching it maybe in my early twenties or something like that. But I also had been fed the line that like, oh, this is like the lesser prequel or whatever, it's not as good, and you know, I I I it's they're they're both just very good movies. If anything, everyone should be like, wow, the Hannibal Lecter story can like take on so many forms, so impressive, and like they're all good. But yeah, I watched it a little later than Silence of the Lambs, and uh, yeah, I think it's it's it's a it's one of the Man classics. I've watched it a number of times since then.
Speaker 5: I had a friend who like obsessively loved this movie and got me to watch it, and I watched it with some other friends who are like big film people. So that was really fun, just like one of those fun hangout like movie experiences. And I liked it a lot. It's kind of hard coming off of Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal because you get two very different, like preconceived notions of the Harris Cannon or whatever. But like y'all were saying, it's just really cool that different people can interpret the same story in different ways. And I liked it a lot. I think I'm gonna enjoy rewatching it.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know, like like Michael Mann in this and then Jonathan Deming and Son s Lambs is just like the color palettes of these two movies cannot be more radically different, you know. And Son Salams is so sort of like brown and dark green and gray, and this is just that Michael Man like dreamy hyper realism of like Neon and like Nighttime and just like yeah, like this cool, very cool sort of like uh like Neon color palette, like a.
Speaker 1: Cool intensity, yeah, white heat.
Speaker 4: So like you know, starting right away at least just like in because like you know, this is this is the the origin story, Like this is this is the first Thomas Sarah's novel.
Speaker 3: This is like the introduction.
Speaker 4: Of this whole universe, you know, Jack Crawford and hitt Able Electer and all this ship and as you see in you know, Hannibal the TV show and in this right off the bat, Jack Crawford such a fucking asshole, like just such a jerk, like interrupting this guy's like nice life after he's been traumatized and just slides those photos over to him knowing what it'll do.
Speaker 2: Oh man.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I think makes the Hannibal Elector series work so much is the fact that it portrays the FBI is mostly like clueless assholes for the most part. More more or less, I think the film Silence of the Lambs kind of made you know, Clarice smarter, more noble, Jack Crawford more noble. But on the whole, like this series kind of endures where a lot of the like pass and ship.
Speaker 7: Look at that Oh my god, beautiful wow.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: Now, Leslie, I mean I was thinking about it because I was just speaking to you a little earlier, like, you know, I just rewatched all of all Hannibal, like that was the second time, going away all the way.
Speaker 3: Through it nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, I'd seen it before, but like the thing that struck me more than anything rewatching Hannibal the TV series and then you can see glimpses of it and.
Speaker 3: This as well. I was like, what what does Jack Crawford actually do?
Speaker 4: Like what does he bring to the table for like any murder investigations?
Speaker 6: Like yeah, like.
Speaker 4: He just like he just makes will disassociate and he's just like if he was on his own, he'd be like I don't I don't know, like did anyone use a credit card?
Speaker 3: Or can we frame some fucking poor teenager for this?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like I did not know you could get this color on screen until I saw this field.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like pre traffic, like all the digital retouching too, so he was like able to get it all blue like in camera.
Speaker 4: I mean it must be some kind of trick, Like I don't know, he's just waiting for the perfect hour like minute.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are different color processes in film too. It was probably some kind of horrible combination of like fifteen different things they had to get precisely right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it looks it looks so like.
Speaker 4: Also very important diversience here between the Michael Mann version and the Brian Fuller version. Is it like, you know, Will Graham FUCKX, Like like he's a normal, like man's man. He's a little bit traumatized or whatever, but you know, like he's he's just he's he's more of a regular FBI guy rather than the Hu Dancy version of Will Graham, who's like, you know, neuroatypical like that.
Speaker 3: You know. Yeah, it feels like oh and also gay.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, but besides that, Yeah, but yeah, this is kind of a I really like William Peterson as Will Graham. I think he does a really good interesting job as like a leading a semi kind of eight typical leading man in this movie. I think he really brings a lot to the character. And just comparing this to what he does on CSI is just really funny because that's the like one of the most boring characters.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like you know what this movie portrays is like I think Michael Man did this right after Thief, which I think was his first like feature film after being like a like a showrunner for many years famously with Miamivice. But like like Michael Mann movies like pretty much all of them. But 'ess just like this movie Thief Heat The Insider, Like what Michael Man does is he does movies about men at work. Like that's really what he's interested in, is like men doing a job and like everything else is secondary to that.
Speaker 3: And it's both whether you're a cop or a criminal.
Speaker 4: It's just like he really wants like the details of like how men work, how they focus on it, and like just like doing the job is this kind of existential paradigm for a man in the modern world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all. It's all doing a man, a man doing a job in a kind of VHS aesthetic with you know, heavy synth, like with heavy and this is not this is a very this is a very U film aesthetic. But there's something very like I always like how there's something like very sort of like documentary or like very flat about Michael Mann's look.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: He wants to show you like it's not just about like like a like a man doing their job and going through the motions. It's about the struggle to do the job right, to do to do a job good, which I think is like sort of like almost a meta commentary on being a director or like trying to make movies in Hollywood or as part of like a TV studio.
Speaker 3: Or anything like that.
Speaker 4: It's about the struggle and the toll it takes on you too to do something. Just do it like as best as it can can possibly be done, like a like this perfectionist element.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think maybe, I mean look you look at you know heat. Yeah. Heat.
Speaker 2: Heat is like the Avengers of men doing a job. Yeah, it's like an examination one man doing a job. Heat is like eight men all doing the job like the best they can do, like jobbing against each other.
Speaker 7: It's so good.
Speaker 4: No, but but but also like with heat, with this, with deep, it's it's also all about like you can be the best, the best possible person for the job and obsessed with every detail and not overlook anything. But there's always going to be something that goes wrong, always going to be something like you can.
Speaker 3: Never ever ever actually achieve perfection.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this version of Will Graham does not have like the xerox wipe effects.
Speaker 1: So will you you has some really interesting thoughts you share with me about Hannibal. Why did you break down? What did you think on the whole of the series.
Speaker 4: Of the TV series. I mean, like I said, it's just uh. I was talking to Jack a little bit about it for you got on here. It's like the astounishing thing to me about Hannibal is that a it on network TV during prime time, which is like a considering how like absolutely grotesque.
Speaker 7: It was, yeah, disgusting, But.
Speaker 4: Like what I what I loved about the show is that over the course of its three seasons, like it transforms itself into two or three different shows like as it goes along.
Speaker 3: So by the time of like the beginning.
Speaker 4: Of like the first half of the third season is like something unlike something that's ever been on television. It is just this purely fantasmagorical like cycle, like like.
Speaker 3: Just trippy, bizarre love story between two men.
Speaker 2: We were talking about this right before the show. You know, is there anyone else who can create like actually good artistic network television like Brian Fuller like may be the only like you know, there's there's good network television. Don't even say like you watch CSI and I'm like that's like super well constructed like storytelling or whatever. But I you know, as far as doing this sort of elevated thing, is Brian Fuller the only one I don't know, but I.
Speaker 4: Remember reading because like obviously like Hannibals on Netflix now and like it's you know, it's gained this whole other new audience if people were discovering it for the first time, and it's become very successful.
Speaker 3: So Fuller has given a lot of.
Speaker 4: Interviews about it, and I think, like the thing I read that struck me is he said that like every director they worked with on on and they had some stacked fucking like old school like Peter maydac fucking John Dall, Vincenzo Natale, Neil Marshall for at least one episode. No, he just told like everyone like, look, we're not making a network show, like just direct this like an.
Speaker 3: Art film from the eighties, Like that's what the book should be.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The only other person I actually I am thinking right now is Lynch. Lynch did Twin Peaks and that television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shan, you did a video on him that Actually your Hannibal video is why I looked you up, Shan in the first Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's one of my better ones. I've spent probably thirty hours watching interviewed footage and stuff like that. Yeah, Fuller is fast, and he's had problems working on TV shows trying to get like weird representation or more artistic stuff, and his quit shows or after his left shows, they've made characters that were gay, straight and stuff like that really interesting.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you saw this, but like in this recent spate of interviews, one of the most astonishing things that he said is that the network take a guess. The two actors that they suggested to play Hannibal instead of Meds. They wanted either Hugh Grant or John Cusack, and he was like, no, it's this guy or nothing. And I gotta say wow. I mean obviously like he had way more to work with of like developing this character, but like Meds, like he leaves Anthony Hopkins in the dust. I'm sorry, Like there is no better or deeper portrayal than what Meds does in that because it's just like it takes the cooking stuff to a whole other level. But there's just something about Meds is like his face just looks like a Roman.
Speaker 3: Like marble, like bust or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, has this icy, like like it's sort of eternal quality to it that like's just his little twitches and little suggestions are so perverse and deep, Like he's incredible.
Speaker 5: There's a shot in season two where he's trying I don't spoiler for jet where he's slamming on a door to try to get in and he's throwing his entire giant body against the door like an animal. Yeah, terrifying. It's legitimately, like really scary, like Anthony Hopkins physically couldn't have done.
Speaker 3: He's like a little Welsh guy.
Speaker 1: You know, have you any of y'all read any of the books.
Speaker 3: I've actually never read it any Thomas Sarah.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I read all the books, and I actually would recommend them. Like it's like an elevated version of an airport thriller, Like it is a little bit better than all the other ones. But hamble Lecter in the book is a lot closer to Anthony Hopkins. He's small, he's kind of squat, he's not he's not particularly attractive, and he one other detail he has six fingers on one of his hands. Yes, in the novel. Yeah, but the books are, you know, pretty pretty fun and good. Probably the most interesting change between the books and the films is that Clarice is like not is like, uh like just basically food for Hannibal. Lecter, He's they're not really like competitive. Yeah no, no he yeah, like what he does to Agent Scully in the Hannibal series is basically what he does to Clarice in the in the book. And yeah, and he wrote that and Thomas Ayris wrote that part after the film version was released where Jodie Foster made, you know, Clarice, you know this kind of feminist icon, this really tough Bradh Fbi icon. And so the first thing he has, you know, Clarice do in the sequel book that he wrote is that he has her shoot a black woman in while she's holding her baby right on TV.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember the absolutely terrible Ridley Scott film of Hannibal that that was very early on in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they just kill some like yeah some yeah, terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he was not a fan of any kind of copad I guess coming from his work. Shouts still a real one. Thomas Harris wrote two more I rore another dogshit sequel for money too. I love it. He deliberately made it bad.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 5: Fuller talked about if they could get the right. I think they had rights issues with MGM for the Clary Starling character, but he was talking about making her black in the Hannibal TV show if he ever got to that point or other stuff, that he would experiment with it. Like I don't know, this is probably like eight years ago when he was talking about this, but I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, I mean you could play with a lot like of her, like being always sort of an outsider, like always feeling eyes on her or like not like you know, of the FBI, but not really like in it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they kind of just in the books, they just made their like white trash. I guess.
Speaker 4: You know what I see with your with your cheap with your with your good bag and your cheap shoes, I see a.
Speaker 1: Roobe and like this. These scenes that all the all the tropes of the Serial Killer Hunters show shows that we've seen so many, they all started with me, Like all of them are just straight up from Manhunting, where you get all the cops together and then the FBI agent you know, gets in front of them and just blows their fucking you know, hac minds with his profile.
Speaker 4: Well that's what I liked about the the other the Netflix suw mind Hunters. You know, they've they've moved on from hunting Men to hunt. What I liked about mind Hunters is that, like, you know, it's about like the creation of like, uh, the FBI's like Forensic Psychology Division. But like, what I liked about the show is that it does, you, I think, a subtle but pretty good job of showing that it's complete bullshit and then like it it hasn't actually caught anyone, and like like like all of the worst serial killers got away with it for fucking years and only got caught because of like the dumbest possible mistakes. But especially like the first season of mind Hunter, like basically what it's about is the FBI learning about sex for the first time. They're like they're like, uh yeah, like there's this thing called masturbation that people are compelled to do. And then like all the like uptight like teeth grinding psychos are just sort of like, I don't know, I've given you a long lease for this, but this is going too far.
Speaker 3: I think the this is the director's cut of Manhunter.
Speaker 5: No longer.
Speaker 3: I think this is maybe yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: This was the one that available. This is what all the torrent sites had.
Speaker 2: They had this, Well, then that's obviously the course.
Speaker 5: Get the transfer on this scene looks a little different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I believe this is the director's cut. We have the extra four minutes. Well, theatricals one twenty the directors directors is one. Yeah, and this you.
Speaker 4: See, I think the Tom Newton has the like the the red dragon tattoo.
Speaker 5: Mm see this looks really different right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is completely yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we are watching it as Michael Man intended. Yes, yes, so man, I feel like he is someone who just does not get the credit that he deserves.
Speaker 2: Just a workhorse, Honestly, Michael Man like just like cracks out hits like truly like a sort of like more I don't know, like an old time director or something like that. Like he's just like quietly like churning out bangers out there.
Speaker 4: Oh he's he's like he's absolutely a no chair like he's he's untouchable, Like nobody makes movies that look like to this stuff.
Speaker 3: Like it's just like.
Speaker 4: Like I mean, look at look look at just the green like slats behind these guys right now.
Speaker 2: I guess I never. I'm like, looking through his more recent stuff, I'm like, I guess I never saw someone I never saw, like a public enemies. Although I like a collateral. I like a collateral. Collateral is not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Miami Vice quite a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember like Miami Vice.
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, this is like the local FBI guy who's like, yeah, just sort of big dicking it by being like, oh yeah, by the way, I heard Lecter gutting you about that bringing that up.
Speaker 5: Buddy of the Blinds reflected in his classes, that looks so cool.
Speaker 2: The Insider is a really good underrated It's underrated underrated. I watched it recently, and there's a funny element to it, which is that it's like all about people like learning that cigarettes are like, you know, dangerous, and that is such like old information to us that it's like it's funny to watch people being like are you kidding me? And the executives like knew about this that it's like hurting people Now like twenty years later, I'm like, well, we saw what happened from this information coming out.
Speaker 4: Like well, yeah, no, it is funny in retrospect because you know, I remember growing up you know, just being like inundated with like anti tobacco. Yeah, you know, like learning and probably truth about how like you know. Oh and the idea is like, oh my god, like you know, they knew the connection between in cancer and how addictive nicotine was blah blah blah. And it's like if you compare that ship to like, I don't know what, like Exxon knew about global warming in the seventies, a misdemeanor like that bad.
Speaker 2: Like that is another element too. I'm like, man, yeah, like I don't know, a lot of the companies were up some bad ship.
Speaker 4: They were Okay, here we got Stephen lang Is playing Freddie Brownce. Here is there any actor who's had like a more like alpha glow up than this guy?
Speaker 3: It was like this little weasel in this movie Avatar. He's just like fucking yeah, Like how much fucking gear is he on?
Speaker 11: You guys?
Speaker 3: Don't breathe?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jesus' breath was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 7: It was good.
Speaker 1: He is fucking jack.
Speaker 3: But like he's the.
Speaker 4: Least like like intimidating individual imaginable here, But like it's something shifted in his career where like he man just hard asses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually respected. This is somebody who was like a bit player. Then he's like, you know what, I'm gonna be a character actor. Like I'm the villain, I'm a character actor, and I'm gonna become a character actor. I love and respect a character actor. I love character actors so much.
Speaker 1: Did you see when he was campaigning to be a cable.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah he would have been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that fucking dickhead who already has Stanos Decide.
Speaker 3: Like three other Marvel movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, speaking about Marvel movies, I've just recently been watching the The X Men.
Speaker 3: Movies because like, okay, okay, actually like I like them.
Speaker 4: I would say like the closest like probably like my favorite of the Marvel movies. And man, it is so funny watching Hugh Jackman at the beginning of those movies versus like now, like how much like he's like he has abtracted like fifteen.
Speaker 3: Years off his life to play Wolver Yeah, just.
Speaker 4: How many stir Like he looks tiny even an X Men two, he is so fucking diesel By Logan or the rest, like, and he's like in his fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like huge Jackman, Jackman he huge Jackman.
Speaker 1: He's so ripped by Logan, who like that's like as far as the inconsequentiality of the role versus how much damage he did to himself, it's probably like some kind of record, even though I did love Logan, but damn, yeah, Logan was good.
Speaker 2: Those X Men's are pretty good, though, you know, despite you know, it's like, well, they're singer, but singer makes a good movie. He does make good movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, X two and X Men First Class I like a lot. They're both very fund.
Speaker 2: X one the first X Men I like a lot, but it is like the plot is too stupid, Like the villain's idea is like way too dumb. But I'm like came before any other superhero movies. I can be a little bit nice, but yeah, using the Statue of Liberty to make everyone into mutants some silly shit.
Speaker 1: It is not any siller than like the bat the plot of like The Riddler and Batman Forever or something to Basically, I.
Speaker 2: Rewatched Batman Forever recently and I like it. It's cartoony in a way that is good. They play cartoon sound effects in that movie, like it's like it's it is a big cartoon, and I'm like, I like speed Racer and I like Batman forever that I have to be consistent.
Speaker 5: Here is this another deleted scene?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Yeah, you can tell when it suddenly gets like mega blurry. It's like a work print all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Yeahs as the director intended, obvious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the jail in this is the High Museum of Art in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know about like this shot, but when he's running around.
Speaker 3: When he runs out of it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here we got Brian Cox in the first ever screen portrayal of Hannibal Lecter. And what I like about this is like, this is the only version of Hannibal that's ever portrayed where it actually seems like he's in jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds to the lambs. It's like a little weird. He has that like you know, sort of glass Qub's in.
Speaker 4: And then best of all, like the second half of season three of Hannibal, for some reason, they just put him in like the most beautifully appointed office that he can't It's.
Speaker 3: Just like this guy's killed like dozens of like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: This is the least art museum. Look at Jail. Of all the versions that he's been.
Speaker 2: In, it's so funny. Yeah, you would think the others are all filmed that art museums are Apple stores.
Speaker 1: Now, shan you you lit? So you're in Atlanta, right, So this film is film partially at least in Atlanta. Why does this movie look better than any of the other things that were filmed in Atlanta starting around on like the two thousands onward. Why does all of that look.
Speaker 5: Like garbage because all of it, like ninety percent of it is Avengers stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's there are some hotels that, like the hotel in this the Atlanta Marriott Marquee is in like Hunger Games and some other movies, and it's the same hotel just like. However, many years later, I think people location scouts just walk into the Marriott and they're like, oh my god, because it looks really weird. But I don't know Michael Man actually cares about filmmaking.
Speaker 4: Brian Cox's portrayal of Lecter is like, it's interesting because he plays him like a little bit rougher. He plays him a little bit like a little bit nasty or a little bit less refined, like he still has the sort of the suggestion of a refinement and culture, but he does seem more like a guy who's like, you know, a prisoner, like like a dangerous criminal run right, just sort of this like ultimate Avatar like sophistication and like above it all, like this sort of unretchable godlike figure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like there's like and I and I find it appealing. Actually there is like kind of an intensity and like desperation in Lector that you don't see in these others. He's like, you know, the he's like the devil prison. He's the king of prison and it's all got like Saladin in his cell.
Speaker 4: He like like he's portrayed like as Hopkins and then especially as As in the TV services, like he is basically Satan, Like he's just like Lucifer Andcarnate, and like he does like he does nothing that he's not in control of or isn't part of some like master plan or just something that he does to amuse himself, whereas in this movie, like You're right at Jack, it's like what he does to Will here like is out of a sense of like revenge and desperation on his part, Like he's not above being moved by like human concerns.
Speaker 2: And listen, I love Hopkins portrayal, and I love MADD's portrayal too, But there's something about this portrayal that does strike me as a little more what like a real life intense murderer might be like you know what I mean, he's like compulsive murder.
Speaker 4: This is the most human version of the yes, like the most like sort of realistic if they were like real people.
Speaker 1: He's the only version that isn't always in control.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. This is such a funny You're right that this is such a funny idea of what like murder detectives do. They just like let a murderer solve it for him. He's like ostensibly like the courier of photos.
Speaker 1: That's like like you like you point that out, Jack, Like that was like a new thing that this you know, thing kind of invented. It's so it's so much a trope now, like these whole TV shows like Criminal Minds does this like every fucking season, the cool vilain gets to come back to consult on the case for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: Very shy boy.
Speaker 4: Well, and I like that, like, I mean like they let him have like a couple books, but not like a library and an arts Yeah, he's killed fifteen fucking people. Like how much consideration is you gonna get just because just because you can still write articles for academic journals.
Speaker 1: I love that delivery of it. Yeah, it's fantastic, Like it is such a gift that we have all of these lecters, Like you don't have to pick one, you can enjoy all of them.
Speaker 13: I love his framing of them in the same yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And his manipulation is a little bit more obvious in this one.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, like you can, like you can read his motivations more clearly here.
Speaker 3: You want the sense smell yourself?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so good.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this is a this this sequence here where he read this is the what the Museum of Modern Art in Atlanta.
Speaker 5: The High Museum.
Speaker 3: High Museum, Okay, okay, very cool.
Speaker 2: That is location.
Speaker 5: It had a really cool outsider art exhibit last last year or the year before that, I went.
Speaker 4: To coincidentally, most outsider art just means done by a serial killer.
Speaker 5: They had a whole Henry Darger. Yeah yeah, all that white.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, like it's just like, yeah, these colors.
Speaker 4: Are so bright and like what songs the limbs and it's like it's it's the most like autumn toned movie ever.
Speaker 2: It is actually, you know, cool and interesting to do a hyper brightly lit, a sensibly horror movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, yeah, definitely like Midsomaro. Yeah, this wasn't my favorite movie, but that cinematography is.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even the scenehere he was meeting with Lecter there, like that is just like bright white, almost like Neo getting the guns in the matrix, like bright white.
Speaker 1: Wow, Press is the enemy of the people.
Speaker 4: I was always it was funny in the TV series, like the you know, the they gender swap Freddy Lowndes and they also let her live through the entire thing by switching her up like with her horrible fake to uh doctor Chilton.
Speaker 3: And I fucking loved what's his name?
Speaker 4: Uh, he's so good and he was so good as Chiltern. But what I loved in Hannibal the TV series again spoiler alerts, sorry, Jack, it's the it's it is the funniest long shot joke over three series, over three seasons of that show that he is somehow still alive at the end of it as well, but like you feel bad for him by the end.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even.
Speaker 5: Deserve that, and Roll Barsa plays it so well because he's so like he gets played by everyone, but he's such a jerk that it's like I kind of deserves it. But no, I oh my god, that performance and that character.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: I love this ship he does with the phone. This is like just straight up crooked ship to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's Echolson would have some kind of elaborate device to do that, not like a gumpack.
Speaker 3: I love when you choose the gum here too, It's so good.
Speaker 5: Bloom was also.
Speaker 2: Again even this like him pulling something off. There is like a desperation kind of to it, like a quickness, you know. Oh, I love it.
Speaker 7: His face, he's.
Speaker 5: Like that she doesn't think anything's up. Let's need the home address of an FBI agent because I.
Speaker 3: Had this job in publishing and I would have done this in thing.
Speaker 4: I want to get down one's home address.
Speaker 3: Uh do you know.
Speaker 4: Brian Cox is actually I think he's a pretty big lefty in real life too.
Speaker 2: I really I didn't know that good he was.
Speaker 4: He grew up Scottish and he grew up Catholic in Scotland, so he always had that kind of putrid of you know, Anglo Protestant willing class.
Speaker 2: You know, he's great, he's such a good actor, good and everything.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is so funny too. You always gets sat next to the worst person on an airplane. You know, this is what it was like before everyone had like you know, Wi Fi and their personal movies.
Speaker 3: You just have to look at like fucking photos of a butchered Fani. It's like, you know, his wife here.
Speaker 4: It's just like with with few exceptions, like women just basically don't exist in the Michael Mann universe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do. Only is just sort of like.
Speaker 4: Or impediments to work, the man doing his job.
Speaker 2: You know, it's you know, it's like it's it's you know, it's the kind of modern like you know, I guess eighties nineties modern noir.
Speaker 1: But he definitely is a wife guy. Yeah, this is a movie about him being distracted from his from his duties as a wife guy by work. And which which would you choose to be?
Speaker 3: Oh god, did he notice when he was sitting next to you on this movie?
Speaker 5: This is something the animal Graham would do from the TV. Yeah, about these gruesome.
Speaker 3: Pictures, Sorry about that.
Speaker 5: It's one way to get your own seat though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, like like no, this movie is about Yeah, like I said, the movies are about minute work. It's like you can either be a wife guy or a work guy, but you can't like when you try to combine the two, it leads to disaster.
Speaker 1: Now and you know spoilers for the Hannimal series, but this Will Graham does not make the choice to live happily after after with Hannibal leaving his wife without any you know, notification or goodbye, and all his dogs too.
Speaker 9: He does.
Speaker 4: That is so funny, the way they just dispense with his wife and kids.
Speaker 1: And this gets this guy this he wants to go back to them always this movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just imagine seeing that guy in my yard, like hello, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he's so stylish.
Speaker 5: Can I help you?
Speaker 1: That's a really cool suit.
Speaker 5: Could be so high, it's supposed to be Alabama full some sort of tweed style blazer.
Speaker 2: Almost look like the Lore or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I bet they thought building that tire swing would be fun for their kids. M see the hug the huge dancy Will Graham could not climb this road.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was his fit boy, but you have the upper Yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Weighed about ninety pounds. I guess maybe it'd be easier for him to climbing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I love this. I love that how he does the mind hunting and every you know, procedure has different ways to do the mind hunting scene. This is like the first one and just kind of does a voice over mixed and like my self monologue.
Speaker 4: I mean we saw examples of it like like early on, like after like after he goes to the first crime scene and he's like he's watching the video in his hotel room and like this whole repeated use of like uh like his his mind hunting technique or like he's profiling him.
Speaker 3: You watch them all goddamn day. Yeah, like about dreaming.
Speaker 4: It's thing about dreaming and seeing and things like that, and also like watching videos like it's just like it's again, it's very like sort of like meta like visual narrative about like movies themselves being like like the our sort of mind's eye, the way we experience our dreams.
Speaker 3: And then also like this like yeah, like something.
Speaker 4: Very perverse about it, like this male gaze of like you know, seeking out victims and like living out violent sexual fantasies through watching yeah film itself, Like, I think that he's playing with a lot of that in this movie.
Speaker 3: That's how I read it.
Speaker 1: I think my favorite version of My Hunting is David Lynch's that he does with the we does the ceremony. Agent Cooper goes out in like the fifty six episode and he goes out in the forest and like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh here's doctor Chilton. This is like this is ah.
Speaker 4: You get a little glimpse of Chiltern's sort of pressy sleaziness here.
Speaker 5: No one as far as that character, I will.
Speaker 1: Not you like such a perfect little worm. But it's so weird because on SVU he plays a da who's supposed to be like noble and ship, but he's still like just comes across as a little worm too.
Speaker 5: He's also a Broadway star.
Speaker 4: He was in I saw his Yeah, I saw him in the stage version of David Mammet's Speed the Plow with him Jeremy Piven and Elizabeth Moss.
Speaker 3: That was so bad. It was the one.
Speaker 4: Jeremy Piven like tried to get out of or quit like a week into its run by saying he had food poisoning or something, or like he did the Jordan Peterson thing. I think he said, like he ate sushi and it gave him like some sort of iron, some sort of blood disorder that it prevented him from continuing to do the play. And then I think, like I remember in that, like after they replaced him with William H. Macy, like the first night Asparsa addressed the audience and apologized to them for how bad.
Speaker 3: It fucking was before it.
Speaker 4: But Asparsa was great, but like Pivot and Elizabeth Moss on Broadway, where it was ooh not good.
Speaker 1: Wow. I like that he checks his mentions. He's a he's mad about mad about my mention.
Speaker 5: Name searching, name searches those plants just in the corners little Green.
Speaker 4: See, this is what Crawford does. He has no insight into any like investigating any crime. He just tells people to do things.
Speaker 1: He's a manager.
Speaker 2: He's an executive.
Speaker 3: He's just he's just a manager.
Speaker 2: He's an overseer. He's an executive. He knows what needs to get done and he knows how to tell people to do it.
Speaker 1: So favorite Jack Crawford, Dennis Farina.
Speaker 3: Or I mean, I like Scott Glenn from Sounds to the Lambs.
Speaker 5: I have to rewatch Sounds of the Lambs. I haven't seen it in a while.
Speaker 12: I do.
Speaker 5: It's extremely goods Hannibal, Oh yeah, A few times.
Speaker 1: I gotta go with Fishburn Larry Fish, old Larry Fish, because he doesn't do like the weird. He's just like he's just so like I just love that fight. That's so so he is fucking Morpheus and it's just so cool.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, because like like Hannibal beats him one time, and then I love when Jack gets like a second chance and just beats the ship out of him, and that in Florence, in that ancient, like beautiful, beautifully appointed, he ruins like probably several dozens like priceless antiques of medieval Italian Renaissance, like torture devices or whatever. But then when he finally gets that, like the Cannibals so unphased by it, like he just uses an example to just crack a joke about his dead wife.
Speaker 3: It's so perfect, like he's so nasty. Oh, I love it.
Speaker 4: Just all the specifics, all the technical technical details of investigations.
Speaker 2: I do always like a dnnis Farina, though I do like a dentist sparina. Another kind of character actory guy.
Speaker 1: He also did a stint on The Lauren Order.
Speaker 3: And Laurence Fishman did a stint on CSI. I think we're playing yeah Peterson.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did. He was actually really bad in CSA. He was They made him like be They want him to be like nerdier than this guy. They wanted him to be like kind of nebbish and oh, I'm not used to being out in the field for some reason, I didn't get it.
Speaker 5: An overhead projector.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like it's kind of like an overhead projector with like a direct feed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, these are the tech guys.
Speaker 3: The lab.
Speaker 6: Will stay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like they I like, like in the Hannibal the TV series, like in the first season, like they really do.
Speaker 3: It starts out like a like a typical kind of.
Speaker 4: Case of the Week show, and they really play up like Scott Thompson and that other guy is like the sort of yeah, like the lab geeks and comic relief, but also like how they completely go away as the show into something else entirely.
Speaker 1: And they just kind of they just kind of duck in to say, hey, where's nobody's killed us yet, like every three or four episodes. Then that's about it.
Speaker 10: And they did think.
Speaker 5: They kind of had to prove to NBC that they could like have a show and had the procedural for the first season. I think it was kind of deliberate on Brian Fuller's part, and then once it worked, then he was able to that's all you got to see the other two seasons, Jack, because it just goes completely off the reels.
Speaker 2: I love it, Yeah, I kind of, you know, honestly, the The Killer of the Week like soured me on it a little bit, so I'm glad to hear that it does get Yeah, it was a little it was a little small villy in that first season. Even though I was like, this is gorgeous and well acted and like actually it's like very cool, I kind of just fell off kind of for that reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because like you're you're straight jacketed by the sort of the Killer of the Week thing, especially if it's about serial killers like like criminal minds or whatever. It's just like it just breaks all credulity because it just does they thinking like oh, Chris Elliot, here cameo by christ Oh yeah great, but like yeah, just strange credulity because like they want you to inhabit a universe in which, like at any given moment in America there are like three hundred serial killers working full time.
Speaker 2: And also like and also like you know, artist serial killers.
Speaker 4: Like freedom to Construct, like some some creso like installation involving three hundred dead bodies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's kind of feel to it, Like it seems like this is a universe where people are more likely to be you know, artistic murderers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean that's what I liked about Hannibal's, Like as the show goes on, I really appreciated that they abandoned any pretense to realism and just went along like operatic, like just art film like like not even trying to portray universe or like an FBI it's anything close to reality.
Speaker 1: So Jack, you mentioned how like there's in the serial Killer of the Week shows that Harris to be like seven hundred serial killers in America, but have you there's actually they're doing some research that and for for now, it's suggests that like serial killers are basically out of fashion now, Like.
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it's dude, it's weird.
Speaker 4: Like the serial killer both as like a thing that happens and in American imagination has like gone away almost completely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it just seems like they've been replaced by like the spree kill that I.
Speaker 5: Wondered, like, are people who would have been serial killers now deciding or like subconsciously whatever to just get a gun and go to a mall or whatever.
Speaker 2: It is really really strange that like that there's like a stylish way to be a mass murderer for every like generation. It's like there was the generation that liked to do little tricks and play games.
Speaker 1: With the album letters and yeah and the fun. If it is true that is generational, then the entire like foundation of like this criminal behavior shit, it's completely fucking phony because it wouldn't make it because there because they'll tell you like, oh, someone becomes a mass shooter for X, Y and Z psychological reasons. Somebody becomes a serial killer for this reason. But if it's just more like like a fad sort of thing depending on the spirit of the time, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Who knows what zoomer killers will even be, Like, yeah, we probably can't even we can't even imagine it.
Speaker 4: Well, like I said, like the thing with the thing with like the mind Hunter's TV show, like it's the FBI learning about sex, Like it's all based on the idea that like essentially like all serial killers are working out some like pathological sexual fetish, which is I guess, like you know, not untrue, but like it seems like sex is a motivation is completely drained out of like the Mass Shooter profile. I's zoomers are just like you know, not they don't care about sex.
Speaker 2: If they're if there's sex in the in the in the new Mass Shooter, it's like not having sex. It's like the like I have never had sex, you know, sadly, you know, there are Chad and virgin serial killers. To be totally honest with you, the Chad serial killer sends letters to the newspaper. The virgin is it actually a virgin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, making moves.
Speaker 1: So you know, in this in this man herner, I have to say that even though it's like all one percent men, the emotional intelligence of all the men around Will is a little bit higher than the average emotional intelligence in Hannibal, where they gender swapped a lot of the characters. Like in Hannibal, the characters all like, yeah, I think Will is breaking apart, but like Jack said, he's taking care of it. So like I don't need to worry about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is also funny the way they look like in Hannibal, the way they just keep they keep letting Will like completely lose his mind and like fuck up a crime scene and then they're just like, no, it's okay, Like just he needs he needs, he needs a second to himself. I like, yeah, this is also like basically this is the FBI mind hunting manual over there, like if all those fills, just like just call him gay.
Speaker 1: If you want to see taco.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, snappy answers to stupid questions.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's so interesting how they use this in the hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they completely reverse this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll like straight up murders of friends basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah mhm.
Speaker 9: Mhm.
Speaker 1: Look at that tie, that fucking square end, that pose.
Speaker 4: Mhm h.
Speaker 8: M hmm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, read a fucking book.
Speaker 5: Here we are deleted glory.
Speaker 1: That's that's showing him I'm not wanting to see his wife. I guess uh. The studio didn't like that, Like, no, you need to make it very clear that Will is very horny for his wife. Don't like deny that anyway.
Speaker 3: Just geeking out on this on this, on this gun.
Speaker 1: I like the little zoom just right on the bullets, like, oh yeah, this is the good ship. There's an instpacy look at him, like, bro's gotta take care of each other in this universe.
Speaker 4: Perfect Like the onion cartoonist Kelly like Sico, yes in the window.
Speaker 3: Looking good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like he's like like taking time out of the case, like keep having keep them, keep the relationship alive.
Speaker 1: It's very important when you're hunting hunting sickos that you don't become one ever ever masturbate.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, he's like, I'm in a hotel by myself.
Speaker 2: Hours of time.
Speaker 11: Fuck.
Speaker 4: Another big trope in Michael Mann movies is like women who are too interested in what their what their husband or lover, like does you know like al Pacino and.
Speaker 3: Heat where he's like, I told you, baby, when.
Speaker 4: We first start out, we're gonna have to share me with all the bad things in the world.
Speaker 3: And he's like, what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Come home and there's this junkie who just cooked his baby in his mic away.
Speaker 3: Let's share that, honey.
Speaker 4: And like in Thief too, you know it's just it's just don't ask me about my work, Like that's just like it's the it's the Michaelman masculine.
Speaker 5: She's asking the most like basic questions, just like curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the TV series made Will's wife a lot more like helpful and understanding as opposed to like a little bit more I think a lot of things would have made her more like a nag of some sort, but they really I don't think they really did in the book either, if I'm remembering correctly, she was also more pushing Will to do it. I think in the book. Oh these sense. This is a very romantic movie too, Like it is kind of a romance, Like it's a love story. It's like the center of this, which is true for the Hannibal series too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, certified wife guy here.
Speaker 1: Will and hannib will never get a seen like this in the show. Sorry if they yes, Oh this looks badass?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so so tight, Like this is right after he's made love to his wife another time.
Speaker 3: Then he's like, Okay, I'm just I'm going out for a walk, honey.
Speaker 4: And be back in a little bit maybe haha, just making myself a target for a serial killer.
Speaker 5: That same shade of green. I love the way that's using this movie.
Speaker 1: Like we talked about how bright. Most of this movie is but like man knows how to.
Speaker 4: Do, like to shoot nighttime man like the uh the used car lot and thief Man just like so so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like trying to like invent cameras, digital cameras to shoot at night for Miami Vice.
Speaker 2: I love when directors become inventors. I love James camera, Like when directing leads you to like, well, I must craft something a bathosphere.
Speaker 4: When stealing Kubrick stole that camera lens from NASA to the candle scenes and Barry Linden, oh man, Barry.
Speaker 2: Land and that's it. That's a uh under respected Kubrick. I think actually.
Speaker 4: Very funny, very funny movie.
Speaker 2: Ryland and I've talked about. Barry Lynden reminds me a lot of like Jody Hill eastbounding down kind of like stuff like he's a buffoon. He's just a buffoon. It's a super funny movie.
Speaker 4: Real quick here, super unrealistic part of this movie that likes the DC police and FBI don't just arrest or kill.
Speaker 1: He sees days black and then he's like, oh, don't shoo, he's a black guy.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: But then you realize the black guy is actually like a boogie as DC yuppies, so you don't feel.
Speaker 2: Sorry for a senator?
Speaker 15: Yes, got you?
Speaker 1: No, poor Freddy?
Speaker 5: Was it cut the ginger? And you know, and in this scene in the Hannibal Chilton is completely nude and glued to the.
Speaker 2: Jam another very sort of just like chillingly real seeming murderer here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that a Maxi pad he has over his eyes?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I think so.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But but jack back here what you said about Barry Linden, Like, I've never thought of it that way like that.
Speaker 3: It is like a Danny.
Speaker 4: It's like a like an eighteenth century version of like mcride j Jony Hill character. And you're you're totally right, that's wow. You think about that for a while.
Speaker 1: And Freddy Lowndes of course in a Red Dragon is played.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, so we got here.
Speaker 4: We've got Tom Noonan here as as Francis dollar Hyde.
Speaker 3: Uh the Red Dragon aka the tooth Fairy.
Speaker 4: Yes, oh, man, Jesus Christ, a guy who's great and just playing like scary looking people in like a kind of understated way. But do you know the the coolest trivia about the life of Tom Noonan about who his college freshman roommate.
Speaker 7: At Yale was.
Speaker 3: No, you never heard of this.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: Then Carson, they were freshman roommates at Yale together.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: I wonder where I wonder if there's any taste of Carson in this character. I wonder if if he thought back on his old roommate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's an interview with him, we can look it up where he talks about and he was just like, yeah, you know, I mean like we were't really friends or anything. It's just like the only thing you remembered about Bend is anything. Just woke up every morning at like five o'clock, put on a suit immediately, and just started doing home.
Speaker 1: Tom Newton an excellent villain here, but I also loved him in The Last Action Hero a Ye, Last a Reaper. Oh this this is really good. I liked his voice is soft in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, it's not like overplaying it at all, Like Ray findes like that, you know, goes the other direction when you know he's good.
Speaker 3: But like that movie is stupid.
Speaker 1: Mhm. Like the fear is really is really good in this. In this version of it, it's just so quiet and intimate the other the other ones tend to go a little bit loud.
Speaker 2: Just like a never ending shot. I love how long scary now faces.
Speaker 1: Yoh god, Yeah, what do you think a dollar has apartment?
Speaker 3: Pretty does? It's got sort of a space theme to it.
Speaker 2: Man, m.
Speaker 3: Fuck, you're right, there's like there's a really terrible intimacy in that scene. Yeah, it's very soft and yeah.
Speaker 2: Like no scoring, it's a very quiet and very quiet scene.
Speaker 1: I love the sound the sound start at first.
Speaker 5: This expression, huh.
Speaker 4: Jesus, imagine doing that and not getting caught immediately, just dumping a guy in a wheelchair on fire out of your van or whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, maybe it was early enough in the morning.
Speaker 1: But there is one thing that you know, stretches for Duly in the Hannibal series, like he has so much time to do, like his body art. Like there's one the one where he brings like a fucking tree to like the parking lot of a Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's the judge, which is like, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Like it's in the courthouse, in the courthouse in the Norman Chapel in Palermo, like making a human or a gambi and just sticking it in there like, hm.
Speaker 1: I remember, I can't only imagine your first time watching that. You were like for sure, this wife and child are about the game. Yeah, it's about to get splatted on screen.
Speaker 4: I love the language of the note too, like, uh, save yourself, kill them all.
Speaker 1: Very simple to the point.
Speaker 5: Oh it's trip.
Speaker 1: Here's the blue again.
Speaker 3: M hm mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just me a guy with a shotgun.
Speaker 3: Don't be afraid. Look, he hasn't even put the shotgun away. He's like pointing it.
Speaker 16: Out her like Okay, let's get some muzzle visible and dude, come on, like yeah, Like in this version, his wife basically like doesn't want him to go back and investigate this case because she knows it will you know, invariably lead to.
Speaker 3: Some outcome like this. But in the TV show, Will's wife like totally.
Speaker 4: Encourages him to do it and then like him and her, her and her child almost get killed by like the red dragon actually does make it to their house.
Speaker 1: And then he leaves her for ample.
Speaker 15: Yeah then he just it gonna be real.
Speaker 5: I forgot he had a wife. There's nothing wrong with the character.
Speaker 9: But but they delivered.
Speaker 1: They literally cast her to be like as normal and real, like a real person in this like fucking gothic horror world. I really liked the character, but yeah, like you forget that she exists at the most convenient impossible so you can get the happy ending of Will Hamble.
Speaker 3: So amazing brands in this shot here. I love the framing.
Speaker 5: Real Products.
Speaker 3: Fruit and fiber, grape nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh mister t cereal right there.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a fucking time capsule.
Speaker 4: Always like when brands show up in movies and artful ways, because it gives you a sense of like this is the like a real world, because like it's when when they're sort of excluded or like it might seem crass or something. It gives a sense of unreality because like the texture of so much of our everyday life is just so papered with all this bullshit, like all these different Oh those snack packs, man, I used to love those.
Speaker 3: As a kid.
Speaker 4: It is also you know, it's like it would be like two good cereals and then five, like your brother or sister get that one little fruit loops or Golden grams or something.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't, you can't like you know, portray a contemporaneous America without putting some logos in and for real, like it kind of helps place it in the right era too, Like you're like, oh, this is really the nineties, Like look at that most.
Speaker 4: Of these brands, like the box looks a little different, but all these ship, all these ship still exists.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, walking around most supermarkets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the drop shadow on the logos, that's pretty mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Well he'll tell you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a small man.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to be doing hard work some day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: They're just like blocking the aisle to.
Speaker 1: Relay his story of the time he was almost murdered by serial killer.
Speaker 2: Back in the nineties. The aisles were wider, wider back then, folks.
Speaker 3: Folks are gonna make the isles. They're too narrow.
Speaker 2: They are too narrow.
Speaker 3: I get trapped in the aisles.
Speaker 4: Good tricks, Cereal, very good, Count Chocula Lucky Charms.
Speaker 1: Do they still have. I don't think they still have Bootberry and Count choculade.
Speaker 5: Seasonally or in the past years. And what is it? It's like a freaking sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like stuss of strawberry wine.
Speaker 5: Frank and berry.
Speaker 17: Yeah, country corn flakes.
Speaker 3: I don't recognize that. Oh yeah, I've never seen that.
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Differ in regular corn flakes?
Speaker 1: You just instead as opposed to Kellogg's. I assume its country, all.
Speaker 4: Right, No, no, no, let's his coffee here because you.
Speaker 3: Like that folgier stuff right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is the time capsule element of this scene here is because like until about I don't know, nineteen ninety nine, I think there was not a single.
Speaker 3: Good breen of coffee available in America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all the plastic jugs filled with like pre ground coffee. That does set us in a time beer.
Speaker 1: That was ten back then, most or at least Folgiers was. I remember it was like a ten cam My dad would buy like the biggest ones and go through it like he would drink coffee every fucking day. This was just you know, a different time in America where like a family of you know, three or four can live on the salary of catching that you get from catching like one serial killer every three years, like you get like a you get nice house, you get a beach house too.
Speaker 4: For like yeah, it's like there's being a being an FBI like mind hunter, Like how often are you really working It's like what I wonder about firefighter is it's just like, what are they doing most of the time that many fires like, you know, they're just kind of hanging out most of the time eating chili. He's like, no, I wanted to go on.
Speaker 12: Just want murderous continue.
Speaker 1: They don't want him care and Brian Fuller's all the scene's like, you know what, the wife is actually going to be one to tell them to do it. They're not putting this ship on me.
Speaker 4: Also, another time, Castle, everybody in America smoked until Michael Man's the Insider came out.
Speaker 8: Oh shut up.
Speaker 3: The old ball in Shane.
Speaker 5: Imagine having a husband who got cut up like that and then seeing in the paper that he was talking to Lec there and you're like, are you okay? And he's like, I don't want to.
Speaker 11: Talk about Georgia.
Speaker 3: Go see your dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why don't you get out of my hair for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Wonderful school classic, classic addressing the killer looking at himself monologue.
Speaker 7: Here, Wow, the vibes.
Speaker 4: This is what I imagine myself like every time I look out a window at night.
Speaker 2: This is all.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wasn't talking to you, shut up. It's another woman. Yeah, turn flock.
Speaker 4: Oh so intense, so intense, just you and me now sport.
Speaker 7: Oh man, god.
Speaker 3: Damn it so good.
Speaker 1: You came after me, you came after my family, and now we really get to meet Dollar Hide.
Speaker 4: Yeah and like okays, like this movie and I guess book really does a lot again like talk about a time capsule thing. This idea that like any if you've ever like you know, taken family photos, like you'd have to send them to go get developed, which meant there would be like some fucking creep or random looking at whatever whatever you shot, you know, like whereas now we all take it for granted that you know, we can take a picture of our penis whenever you want without anyone else but the intended you know, person looking at it. But like, yeah, everyone who've developed film was was a serial killer. Probably his wardrobe with oh god, he's got dollars in this those those printed uh, like the the print shirts that he's wearing.
Speaker 12: I love that.
Speaker 1: What would be even be dollar Hids job in like the The Future The Black, the Black reboot of.
Speaker 4: Oh, he'd be one of those like like like Facebook moderators that just delete like like pornography.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the only equivalent. Yeah, gets traumatized and I can't.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's funny that like as the years go on, like his job gets more traumatizing because he starts up, it's worse and worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a serial kular backstory.
Speaker 4: No, Like, I mean, this is like a real skill that he's like, you know, he knows a lot about film and developing film and stuff like that. Like now you'd just be like a digital gardener for Google and something.
Speaker 12: M h.
Speaker 3: Good, excuse.
Speaker 12: M hm.
Speaker 9: Yah.
Speaker 4: It's like this guy's typical eighties guy who's like, I got a flat, I'm out of here, I got my skinny tie.
Speaker 5: If someone's like he can drive you home, I'd be like, no, I'm fine, I'm long, I'm good, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Uh No, I've always liked I liked this character and all the portrayals. She's really like interesting and smart and kind and sexy.
Speaker 4: And Joan Allen in this version Joan Allen a former nextern neighbor to my parents know.
Speaker 3: Kah played by.
Speaker 4: Emily Watson in Red Dragon and uh who's the name of the actress On Hannibals she was in True Blood, she was sicky best friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's really good.
Speaker 4: Tina Wesley Yeah, okay, now this scene coming up here, right, this is this is this is Francis Dollar had Like it's like it's super creepy. Everyone's like, you know, he's a serial killer and this this like blind woman he's taking a date. I have I could never in a billion years come up with a first date that is as good or as like low key erotic. A blind woman to go feel a tiger like a huge credit for him, how like pulling this out of the bag. I mean, how impressed would you be on a first date with anyone where you're like, I got a.
Speaker 3: Surprise for you.
Speaker 4: You're gonna go you can go hang out with a tiger and it's like under heavy sedation, fucking heed.
Speaker 3: That's cool. And this is a real tiger too, I mean incredible.
Speaker 1: It's just incredible to see.
Speaker 3: And it's just like it's so like low key erotic too.
Speaker 1: Well, the music definitely helps it.
Speaker 5: In the way that it's shot.
Speaker 3: Oh man, look at those Wow. No, this is this is the best first Daid ever portrayed in any.
Speaker 1: And we get to enjoy alongside too vicariously because I've never seen the tiger like that. He quite like that before either.
Speaker 3: M hm.
Speaker 5: That freaked me out a little bit.
Speaker 3: I'd want a lot of assurances it really was.
Speaker 1: We'll have to ask em if the tigers treated humanely here.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't want to get mad at this.
Speaker 1: Is like this entrance, sting moment of sweetness centered around this wild animal that could just rip you limb from limb, which is of course the perfect metaphor for this relationship to Francis and her mm hmm.
Speaker 3: What is the shirt he's wearing?
Speaker 2: I know it's like it is it laundry day or something. This guy has been dressed like uh like like actually like steampunk satan for the entire movie or something.
Speaker 5: And there it is.
Speaker 1: And I have to say, you know, I think William Blake owes a little bit of thanks and gratitude to Thomas Harris, Like he's moved a lot of products because of his conclusions. Like his apartment is just really nice and clean and laid out. There's nothing disorganized about it. Oh it's fucked up.
Speaker 3: Oh god, because he's blindly hot.
Speaker 9: Like mhm.
Speaker 2: Man, the the eight, the like Super eight home video footage is like really really effective.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is like this is what movies do you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, they make you a horning in a very bad way.
Speaker 5: I love the editing choices here too.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised he doesn't push it off and just says like I kin'd of get my own thing going on right now, Like I'm.
Speaker 5: Good women, am I right?
Speaker 2: God, I'm trying to watch the movie.
Speaker 3: See everything is like Galaxy thems in his house.
Speaker 1: Song, so choice is so good when he drops the lyrical songs, yeah, he was fretting grace.
Speaker 3: He's like, I don't know what to do with my hands. Ye, praid.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like the movie really.
Speaker 4: Like this movie does really kind of like it does make you feel bad for in a way I really like or just like like the line like this is a very shy boy will like unlike for instance, like Buffalo Bill or or any other killers who are just you know, just kind of just straight monsters or like devians, Like there's something like very you see how damaged he is as a person, like or just sort of like his this I suppose his sensitive side or something. But like you feel intensely this this like this longing not to kill people, I guess, or like to connect with another person or something like he's not just purely terrifying, although he.
Speaker 1: Is as well.
Speaker 3: So that's that's what I like about this performance.
Speaker 4: It's like, like I said, that that softness, that quietness, that line about like I said, yeah, this is a shy boy, it's still so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I love that this movie that kind of introduces you to the killer at an hour in, Like we did not see this actor before an hour in, which is wild to begin with, and then we like live with him for such a long time and like like you're saying, like not even in like the most hyper ominous scenes, Like it's such an interesting movie.
Speaker 1: And you could easily cut it up where it was more like evenly space where you see him much earlier and you see these scenes much earlier. But I do like the shift where it's like a two part you know movie and they think come together at the end.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but see the.
Speaker 1: Problem is Dollar High is getting distracted from his work, and that's a yes, yes, he needs to get back on the ball.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's another amazing like glow and like Sun Sun Sun here.
Speaker 5: I'm sure they had like a fifteen minute window to shoot that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: This, mister. Days when you could go outside, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Pre COVID, you could just go with a stranger to feel a tiger and then have sex with them and don't worry about any of it, even if they are a serial killer.
Speaker 5: Just like we figured out he has a van.
Speaker 1: Okay, six months into the investigation. Mhm mhmm.
Speaker 3: Talk to hot singles in your prisons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like he's like it's like like like girls chat with you're on your bed, like with your legs kicked off, you.
Speaker 3: Know, just like in his nails, doing your nails.
Speaker 1: That's pretty.
Speaker 4: Yah, Leslie does Garret Chicka, Hob's figure in the book Read Your Acting a Lot Today described as just like this, just as that, like it's just another guy.
Speaker 3: That he caught and killed.
Speaker 10: That's terrific.
Speaker 3: Hannibal was an early new atheist.
Speaker 1: Yeah really, you know, I really wish we could have seen that Hannibal and Hitchins tour. But then Hitchins got sick.
Speaker 5: I think that's if he's in Atlanta. I think that's the Sundial restaurant behind will I'm like trying to google it. It's this whole area of downtown that looks kind of like the Sun Dial.
Speaker 1: I like in this one, Will just as really annoyed by Lector mostly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he doesn't want to talk to him for like a second longer that he needs to, which is again realistic.
Speaker 1: Look, I hate to be just man though, but looking at kind of that like mant and in Tier Decoration, I kind of feel less sorry for the family. Now.
Speaker 3: I love that so creepy, so fucking creepy.
Speaker 2: That's like out of God. What's the second Michael Man movie that is so fucking weird?
Speaker 1: The Keep Keepah's kept that technique in his back pocket.
Speaker 2: I kind of like The Keep, but it is very weird. I actually love The Keep as a second movie for Michael Mann where he's like, you know what, let's make like a big sci fi thing and then he's like, okay, back to hyper realistic police stuff.
Speaker 1: Hick damn. That's what happens.
Speaker 14: Short as I am.
Speaker 1: Like he's already listened to the like this.
Speaker 4: I'm like really like intense acting here by Noonan, like the heartbreak and agony and just sort of like terror in his face.
Speaker 1: I like the little defects, but to show it, like, you know, like this is what you're seeing.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're making her look like the woman in The Blake. The Blake. Oh yeh.
Speaker 1: The rise and fall of that relationship happens a lot fast during this movie than the other things. Yeah, Like he does the classic Tony Montana move where Tony Montava shoots his best friend because these the just fucking his sister as supposed to being married. I'm going back father, forgive me, I'm going back to the old me.
Speaker 3: All right. This is my favorite scene in the movie.
Speaker 7: Here, great shot.
Speaker 4: When like when like this montage is just like like not montage, like this monologue of just well figuring it out and like going toe to toe with asshole John Crawford.
Speaker 1: Like they got bars.
Speaker 2: Well sure, yeah, yeah, one does this, God does Yeah of course, yep.
Speaker 1: We got some bonus stuff.
Speaker 8: Here, bonus bonus feature.
Speaker 4: And like he gets all this because he's watching TV like he's watching the film.
Speaker 3: Just like Dollar High.
Speaker 4: It's like this repeated motif of like watching film and video.
Speaker 14: That's why I own this movie on DVD so I can watch.
Speaker 3: It over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: He's so pissed off, Like the fucking appleson that were using don't you have a whole lab team to figure this shit out.
Speaker 12: Mhm.
Speaker 1: I like to print out from the computers. The computer runs, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love this where he puts Jack in this place in a way Will Graham and Hugh Dancy never does.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, go as late as I want to take it, yea.
Speaker 5: And Jack Sultan.
Speaker 1: See this is just example of something like a really cool idea drifting down and becoming horrible. So Will Graham is supposed to be special, one of a kind genius. But every single cop and detective and every single like CSI, Lauren Order, et cetera, is exactly as like intuitive as Will. Now they all can just look at the videotape and figure it out them and all that shit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, shut up, don't you, my man?
Speaker 2: Hm hm m hm. Back to some work print stuff.
Speaker 5: Repeated lines that I guess we're cut for time. Yeah, odd choices like I have to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is funny that man is like I always wanted to repeat it always annoyed me.
Speaker 1: Because as so far as this point is to me, it's like why even bother doing the director's cut? But it's like he actually took the time and for some reason, these little things.
Speaker 2: Listen, I love I love a weird Yeah, it's funny. I like, I like I like a blade un big changed too. But I also like, I love a director that's just like I want five seconds back in I need the five seconds back.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 2: Also, like if you're editing a movie and someone's like, we need to lose that and you're like, I disagree. That sticks with you forever, Like there's still like sketch comedy that I'm like, that was bullshit. Actually that made me trim that part, Like.
Speaker 4: Again, uh, this is me, this is me, this is I think about myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I love it, like a an electric guitar, like just blaring as a man is like looking out the window, working as hard as he can work.
Speaker 19: Oh wow, yeah, this is.
Speaker 4: This is me.
Speaker 3: After I fire off a.
Speaker 5: Set your phone down.
Speaker 19: Yeah yeah cool.
Speaker 2: Wow. Back to our sort of the actual, like the love story of this movie.
Speaker 1: Since Hannibal and Will aren't really at close in this one, this is a love story. It is. I think it is a bit sadder and Red Dragon and the series because you see the relationship just go on longer and you see that dollar High actually is kind of like a good guy aside from the serial killing, this one is just like a like immediately flips on a switch.
Speaker 5: It just gets jealous, like the same like ye next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with her. This song kind does suck.
Speaker 5: Mhm.
Speaker 2: So scary in a different way.
Speaker 5: We've all seen to Wait until Dark. I think it's called the Audrey Hepburn where she's blind and the Alan Arkin is like in her house trying to kill her. It's really good.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmmm. I wonder does this blow people's fucking minds. Phones on the airplane in nineteen eighty six, I think there's a fax machine at one point.
Speaker 4: All right, so you we got Frankie Faison, who is in both Sonslans. Hannibal is the orderly at the Baltimore Psychiatric Institute.
Speaker 1: I always liked that Hannibal was nice that character. And then fucking Clarice comes back and like takes the money that he made off of the stuff. They have a fucking cop ass move.
Speaker 3: They're like, yeah, it's him like a the data facts fast. It'll be downloading for the next thirty minutes.
Speaker 7: So good.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love the facts. The facts. The color facts looks very good. That is the bleeding edge, right, there the color facts.
Speaker 4: Only the FBI had that that actually was stolen from alien UFOs reverse engineered. Roswell Michael Man loves airplanes. To the great scene of Miami Vice or like they're flying the two planes next to each other, like to make one radar signature. Yeah, and then they just drop off to fly below the radar like level. It's a great shot of being on a jet and the insider two like the Mississippi like attorney general. They're talking to them on the phone.
Speaker 3: Great shot.
Speaker 1: I love the speed into the car. I love the speed from the flames playing into the car. It's so good. You cannot do that any faster.
Speaker 5: Ooh, that's a great shot.
Speaker 1: Well will you think of inn a guy of the Veda.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's not a song I would listen to, like you know, on my own, but as far as in this scene the scene movie, it's chairs. Yeah, Sandon, You're absolutely right about his breakfast nook. It's pretty incredible stuff, beautiful.
Speaker 2: So fucked, so tense.
Speaker 5: Jesus in the house, people keep talking back. First women, now it's his coworkers.
Speaker 1: You you don't need said, no f guy ever, just.
Speaker 3: Leaving them in the car it's fine, Okay, they got these sweet dumb.
Speaker 5: Dumb dumbs.
Speaker 9: Mhm h.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 3: I drive into a dish.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 7: The half is.
Speaker 5: These are bath.
Speaker 4: They've driven into another dish. A little troather down the road.
Speaker 1: This is so good. This is how you hung a man.
Speaker 8: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: And we're back in the forest in a full suit.
Speaker 5: This is nighttime.
Speaker 1: C Yeah, like you just take it. Will just continues to take it.
Speaker 3: I can't quite make out what's going on. Another amazing shirt. Noonon's got rocking red here. It looks like someone made a shirt out of like the joy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's sweating.
Speaker 1: Now he's in this situation again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, stop it a little louder, dude.
Speaker 3: I love this. It's no plan at all to be fair with to be fair. Will was never like the FBI is like, you know, guy, But.
Speaker 1: It feels felt to me like he was imagining what he would do in this situation. He was like, oh I fucking gut it right now, stop it.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, just oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Just straight through the.
Speaker 4: There we go, and then right into his hands. He just grabs him and then he just slashes his face like oh.
Speaker 3: Just oh my god. He just man handles him.
Speaker 1: Oh he just fucking wasted.
Speaker 2: It is not a very good plan. He jumps through glass and then gets the ship out. Oh my god, damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because in this dollar high is like seven feet tall. It's supposed to be. Oh wow, so cool.
Speaker 2: I like the little.
Speaker 6: Mini slow mo.
Speaker 3: No, they even shows brains.
Speaker 1: Getting out of the bag.
Speaker 3: Fuck me, it's just fucking cop hol Well.
Speaker 5: I just walk into his line of fire.
Speaker 4: I think this hole, this this last sequence here in the house, I think, like Michael Man, I think actually filmed this all himself in like a day, or or just in one night because they had totally run out of money or something like that.
Speaker 1: But it turned out perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 4: He's just using that shotgun like a pistol one handed. By the way, the FBI guy who gave him this gun and bullets was lying about how one shot.
Speaker 5: That kind of didn't look that bad all things considered.
Speaker 4: H just the best collection of just skies in this film.
Speaker 1: Cops absolutely fucking useless, stepping all around the jack not even there. Where is the back even at right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's Jack Crawford. He's like, what.
Speaker 11: I sorry, M.
Speaker 1: One thing this movie does differently, And I think most of this stuff doesn't do dollar high doesn't kill a dude a killing in the of the families during the film, it's just like at the beginning, most of them they will like show as a family shows him haunting. Damn.
Speaker 4: This part is totally new to me. This is like very director I've never seen this part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's mh what what in the world?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really, Oh, this is the new ending. Yeah, this is the director's cut ending. There's a very slight, weird different ending.
Speaker 20: Oh, this is the family he would have go, wow, freaking It is a weird scene.
Speaker 5: It is weird interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, all right, well see you later.
Speaker 3: Can your heartbeat?
Speaker 6: There we go?
Speaker 4: There we go? Yeah, now it's back. Yeah yeah, I can odd choice.
Speaker 10: Then.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting to me.
Speaker 4: It's like because it's like he sort of is like, yeah, it's him using psychology.
Speaker 3: He's like he didn't like.
Speaker 1: Did he go out and jerk golf? Like after that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like, I've been fantasizing about killing you and your family for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I need to get out of my system. If you don't mind, did I take a look around your house?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Michael, I think you were right about that. You should have put that in. They should let you keep that in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sure, that's right. Those are backing sound now.
Speaker 5: That she's wearing full like women pants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because I always thought the ending of this was so celebratory and eighties and kind of pure in a way that surprised me for Michael Man, and so that extra scene kind of like darkens it slightly a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like the way it changes the town and it's super weird.
Speaker 1: Instead of just the heartbeat song and him kissing his wife. It's like a little bit.
Speaker 2: Wow, done with the job, back to the wife, back to the beach. He should go back to the same log. He should go back to the same log at the beginning and go back to repose until the next mind.
Speaker 3: Lifestyle. It's just Marville. He's in paradise that all the evil people have been taking.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a scene of the son's bedroom and there's like a cat tied up in it or something like that edition.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Man, yeah, good ship, that's a that's a you know.
Speaker 1: That's a man hunt, you know it. It's so hard to rank any of the adaptations I think Hannibal the TV series is still my favorite. But if I'm talking about what's number two, you know, it depends on the day of the week. But like sometimes my Manhunter is my favorite, you know, some more than Sounds of the Lambs after Hannibal, of course.
Speaker 4: And they're they're very hard to compare their they're they're two vastly different movies, but I mean they're they're both Like I said, I think they're both masterpieces.
Speaker 3: But like I agree with you, it's just sort of day of the week, whatever I'm feeling.
Speaker 4: But Manhunter definitely deserves to be in the conversation. Like anyone who would just flatly say, like, the Sounds of the Lambs is like easily better.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, sham.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 5: I think I'd have to rewatch Sounds of the Lambs because this movie is a lot more like artful in its presentation and so much more subtle. But then it's just kind of apples and oranges, because Sounds the Lambs also has so many just like at least in my like film memory, deeply embedded iconic scenes.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, definitely, they're both just such like you know, exemplar pieces of like the kind of like decade of film, you know what I mean, Like Sounds of Lambs, even though it is.
Speaker 2: Like a ninety one movie, it's like so yeah movie, you know what I mean. And this is like so eighties of a movie. It's like, I don't know. It's like it just depends on what kind of like mood I'm in. If I like the kind of like glossy you know, like you know, like glossily lit nineties movies or this kind of like eighties thing, Like they're both, they're both pinnacle pieces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's basically like it's just yeah, my mood is either I want to see the color blue, and that's what I'll decide, folks.
Speaker 1: That was our commentary. Will thank you so much for joining, Thanks for coming pleasure. Can people find you.
Speaker 4: At Willmenica on Twitter and the podcast is Choppo shrap House.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, thank you so much for listening. Have a good one, peace
Speaker 7: Later, Thank you every bye