Speaker 1: Big Food and be on with Cliff and Bubo.
Speaker 2: These guys are your favorites, so like say subscribe and raid it live.
Speaker 3: Stock and me.
Speaker 4: Grates on Yesterday and listening watching Limb always keep its watching.
Speaker 1: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo.
Speaker 4: Fay greeting this gentleman. How are you guys doing to day, Bobes Matt, It's up, Cliff, yo.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: Just got back from Long Beach. I was in the It's down there for the entire weekend doing a family celebratory stuff. My brother turned sixty years old, so I decided to have a birthday party, which he hasn't had since he was ten years old. So I went down there for.
Speaker 2: That Happy birthday. Rob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know Rob, yay Rob. Everybody knows Rob from the Finding Bigfoot episode, I assume if you watch that show at all. So yeah, yeah, I just got back from that. Man, I'm beat. That's been so much going on, Bos. We need to catch up, but like today, we're doing this of course for the next couple of hours. I got to go to the shop after that because Darby Orcutt is still in town. He is he is still in town. Yeah, so I'm gonna go hang out with him this afternoon, and then tomorrow, which is his last full day, I'm going to take him down the Klacamus to the Glenn Thomas site. So because I figured that's a good Bigfoot tourism thing, so I.
Speaker 2: WoT shoot up there for that.
Speaker 1: You're mentioned of hanging out with your brother. Gave me an idea. So those of our main listeners who are also members know that we've done two episodes with our significant others where they answer questions. Maybe we should do a significant brother's episode where we get Rob and like two forty on to tell stories about both of your childhoods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 4: I'm sure robid do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh, they just they're just gonna rip me to shreds. They'll showed no mercedale. Those fully just roast me. Is like like have a handle on here or something.
Speaker 1: I think our membership just went up like one hundred percent now that you've said that, because people will want to hear it. I want to hear it.
Speaker 4: Well, I can't think of anything more embarrassing than what I actually am at this very moment, So I don't see what the harm would be well, we have a Q and A today. I guess we can do more catchup stuff because there's so much stuff going on, everything from beach Foot to lost artifacts, to woods stuff going on and to Darby at Like, there's so much going on. I guess we'll do a big catchup during the member episode because there's some really really neat things have been happening. So if you're not a member and you want to be a member, it might be worth it. It's five bucks a month, you get an extra episode every single week, and you also get this very episode that you're listening to right now, completely ad free. Maybe you want to do that, And if you do want to do that, you can click that link that Matt Preud has surely put in the show notes below and might be worth your time. And also you get other cool things like you get more prude on the members. Yeah, you get more prude and that's not a bad thing and all everybody could use a little bit more prude in their life. But besides the extra episode, and besides being totally ad free, and besides all the fruit you can eat, you we also have a lot of photographs and stuff and videos that we share over on the on that side, on the special website, on the Patreon, maybe you want to do it five bucks a month. That's a beer without a tip. This is the way I see it, and everybody tips, so it's actually cheaper than going out and getting one beer, and you get four extra episodes a month or I remember any weeks there are. It's a good deal. I mean, it's such a good deal that Bobo is a member of our podcast twice. Yeah, twice twice, right, he was November twice. He's signed up twice. Well, anyway, it's a Q and A episode today, so we're just going to jump right into that. And I think we'll start with the voicemails, because if you have a question and you want to ask us, you can email us or Matt bet you're the one who deals with the backside of this, you tell them what they can do if they want to ask.
Speaker 2: Us a question. Yep.
Speaker 1: There's a link in the show notes of every one of these Q and A episodes that goes to the contact form at our website, and so you have two options there. You can click to leave us a voicemail or you can send written submission. And so we always prioritize the voicemails because it's really fun to hear listeners' voices and answer questions that way, so we usually prefer those. So your odds are better of getting your question answered if you submit a voicemail.
Speaker 4: All right, let's jump onto the first voicemail.
Speaker 2: Then, Hey, Cliff, Bob, Will Matt.
Speaker 3: This is Quinn. I'm eighteen from Louisville, Kentucky, and I was calling in because I've been interested in Bigfoot my whole life. I saw when I was a little boy, but I've only recently been able to start getting out into the field and really doing my own research and stuff. And I was just wondering what advice you'd have for young people getting into the field for the first time, and what mistakes you would want people getting into the field for the first time to avoid.
Speaker 1: Thank you and keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: I like this kid.
Speaker 1: It's a great question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really is, Quinn. Thank you very much for that. I'll jump in and you guys can fill in the blanks and things that I'll make because I'm just, you know, doing a shotgun approach right now. I'm sure I'm going to leave something out. Number one I'm going to say, we say this all the time. Read books. Read books. I was just thinking this morning, literally this morning, like you, if you were a physicist or something like that, or if you're a mathematician or some other scientists like that, they would laugh you out of the room if you had never heard of Newton. You know Newton or somebody who invented calculus. Right, So if you did that for a living and you didn't know who Newton was, Isaac Newton was, they would laugh you out of the room because you wouldn't know the foundations of the thing that you profess to love and study. So books are the number one thing I can recommend. Read the foundational books John Green, doctor Krantz, doctor Meldrum, even though his book is much more recent than say, you know John Green's books, bend In Nogle Yeah, Ben and Nogle Yeah. Read books as a foundation. As far as mistakes, I think one of the biggest mistakes is jumping on to social media right away. And I see this all the time with people who are new to the field. They jump into social media, they try to gather a big crowd of people and efforts of trying to get more sighting reports and all that sort of stuff, and they generally form a group and think that they're going to be the guys to do it or the guals to do it, like we're going to do this and and we're going to show you the right way to do it. No no, no, no. Sit in the back watch the game for a while, you know, sit in the back of the room, watch how things are done for a couple of years, and then see what you want to do. And you know, you can lay the foundations for these these plans, I think pretty early on, and you can change them and augment them and and just make them better as you see the mistakes that are happening out in the field, like the social media field. So lay low, be quiet, read books, and I think that's enough for me. I'll turn the table over to somebody else here, So go ahead and fill in what I've missed out on.
Speaker 2: Don't listen to any other podcasts but this one. That's the most important. Yeah, the foundational books. That is the most important thing. And the second thing is do as much as much study as you can on what familiarize your sound, yourself with the sounds that you're going to experience where you're going hopefully live in eastern Kentucky because that place is just gold. If you're anywhere near Tom Shade, he's doing anything public looking up with him as much as possible. Uh in Triple County. Up there you got you got Charlie uh with Kentucky Bigfoot Research Organization. That's top notch. I mean there Charlie knows where they're at. He puts people right on top of him. He's done that for us and hundreds of others. And listen to YouTube clip. I mean, if you go to YouTube, don't listen to some you know, like first off, most of those stories where people just read them bigfoot, those are fake. They're you know, just autobots and stuff like that, or chat GPT like listen to the like go to the sound like the animal sounds. And if you if you can get out with like experienced woods people, spend some time out there with them, you know, like I ask some questions, you know, and get like some Tom Brown books on tracking, practice your tracking skills and just get out there to get out there as much as you can. And and if you're only eighteenc if I can't buy much equipment. But get get what you can. You know, start off with a soundar you know, a recorder, an auto recorder, like even like you get cheap ones for fifty bucks, sixty bucks, at least you got that. So yeah, just get as prepared as you can and get out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, go go frequently. That's another thing I could add. Find a spot near you that has a history of siding reports and go frequently. Doesn't matter if you get stuff most of the time, You're not gonna to be very honest with you, but go anyway. And I guess that that actually reminds me of my number one piece of advice, more than most important thing of all, honestly, in my opinion, Go because you enjoy it. That's it, you know, do this because you like it, You're interested, you're curious, whatever whatever drives you, you know, But but do it for some sort of self fulfilling thing where you can go bigfooting for two months and have absolutely no indication that the animals are nearby, and you'll still feel good about it, Like, you'll still feel like you got a lot out of it. Best advice ever is do bigfoot stuff because you love it. Yeah, and you'll never be disappointed.
Speaker 1: I agree with everything both of you guys said. I think one of the most important things that you can do before you even leave the house, Quinn, is to clearly and precisely define your goals and your expectations. If you're just trying to learn and have experiences, more power to you, because then you get to be the arbiter of what determines the quality or the value of those experiences. But if you want to try to gather evidence that would sway other people, that's a very difficult endeavor because now you're at the whim of what other people's values are and what they determined to be valuable or qualitative evidence. And then if you want to contribute to the subject as a whole and try to prove to the world that these things exis, it's a very hard road. And so it's really helpful to define all of that upfront and know that that's going to dictate a lot of your next steps. It's like, what is it that you hope to achieve, What are your goals and expectations, and then conduct yourself according to those rules. So best of luck to you, and please keep submitting questions. We're always here for that. But yeah, read those foundational books that'll help a lot.
Speaker 4: There you go, maybe go go to the next question.
Speaker 5: Howdy from Texas. Harry Kyle here. First, I'd like to say, huge fan. I'm still watching all your episodes of Finding Bigfoot on Pluto. Keep up the good work, and I wish you'd come back with a new show. Anyway, I just came back from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation when y'all were up there, visited scenic when you guys showed a little barn next to the bar with all the skulls. That barn used to belong to my grandfather. Anyhow, I'd like to know what is your favorite piece of evidence from Finding Bigfoot. Keep up the good work. Thank you very much for everything that you've done, and looking forward to hearing your answers.
Speaker 4: Thank you from Finding Bigfoot. That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I guess the second think it was those tracks you cast Cliff that Tyler found.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah in Georgia. Yeah, that was those were super interesting.
Speaker 1: Well he might have meant like any evidence that you encounter you investigated on the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. Actually have anything that like we came across you know, because we didn't collect a ton of and we got some good recordings and stuff in those footprints, but we didn't collect a ton of stuff on Finny Bigfoot, but we were sure exposed to a lot of it. I was very impressed with the handprint on the inside of the door in Florida. Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. And they didn't really show my work on it, but the hand was very large, and I think it was a sasquash handprint because you know, one of the things that I got to do, because they know that I was so gung ho on it, is when I was done at the interviews, they had turned me loose. I can go take measurements and stuff of the various things that we encounter because television is shallow and superficial, even our show, so they wouldn't put that stuff on the air, but they'd let me go do it for, you know, for my own research purposes. So that handprint, I remember, I've got a pretty good drawing of it with a lot of measurements. I was pretty impressed with that one. I thought that was cool. I like some of the stuff that we didn't know existed that made it to the air. Like the Duhon photograph from Louisiana that I always liked that picture.
Speaker 2: Oh the shooting house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the shooting house right is standing next to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've got to write up with that on the Cliffberrickman dot com if you want to go read about that or even that Ian that that the young man Ian Gill who shot that picture while the thing crossed the road in Vermont. I think it was in our Whitehall episode and everybody kind of said, nah, he's just a kid man, don't for it, because he was sixteen or something when they already thought he was a hoax serb. And he said, well, he's got a picture, it's gonna be good TV. Let's do an investigation. It turns out that, you know, whatever that thing is, whether it's a guy in a gilly suit or a sasquatch, it is seven feet tall. So that's pretty impressive. I thought those were pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was did I. I still thought that kid was full of it. I was like, you're wasting your time clip. I was wrong about that one because everyone said so globle, Like I'm not gooble. I don't believe this VS or this kid. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See I didn't know what to think. I mean I didn't. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not. And I figured, well, at the very least, we're doing a TV show and it's a visual thing he has. It would be good for screen if nothing else. And if I don't think it's a big foot, I'll just tell him that. And that's also good TV because I know that a lot of a lot of people who watched the show or any of the shows love it when people kind of shoot things down and say, ah, you're you're bs ing or you're lying, or that you're mistaken or whatever. They like it when people don't believe it's a big foot. So I figured it was a it was a win win situation if I did that investigation and then it turns out that it might have actually been a big foot. You know, I thought that was pretty cool. I think it's hard to beat those tracks in Georgia. Man, that was that was pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when Tyler pulled that those out, that was pretty cool. Tyler Buns of course found the tracks, but we had to play like I found them because Tyler Bounds wasn't on screen and be confusing weird for the audience to have somebody that they know nothing about discover the tracks. But of course that was also part of the deal that we would do that on air as long as I could clarify who actually did find the tracks when the episode came out. That was part of the deal there of us doing that because it didn't feel right to us, but we also understood that we're making a TV show and that's how it's got to be. So I used to release an essay about the episode every time one came out, telling the people who cared, you know, the Bigfoot community, people who followed me on my blog and stuff, what actually happened during the episodes and what really went down despite the editing of the television show. And I thought some of those things were really interesting to read. I mean, because I know there were a lot of fun to write, but telling what actually happened was cool. And then of course I gave Tyler Brown's full credit for them. And in fact, I have copies of those hanging up in the museum in the NABC and with pictures of Tyler Bowns right there next to them with Renee and and stuff.
Speaker 1: And that was totally a happy accident. Because where the original tracks were found roughly a month earlier. I think it was between two and three weeks earlier. Those were found in January of twenty eleven, and we filmed in February of twenty eleven. You know, you would park at a trailhead and walk up a pretty lengthy trail, and then Jeff, the witness, who is the husband of a friend of mine that I've known since elementary school, he said, well, I know a place where we can park that's a lot closer. We just have to bushwhack a little bit, but I can take you right to where the tracks were and save a lot of time in hiking. And so we intersected the trail from a totally different area. And then the other happy accident is that Tyler then went in the other direction off trail, you know, down the trail, and located these tracks that Jeff hadn't even seen and didn't know they were there. And so if it weren't for those two, if we just parked and walked in the way Jeff did when he first found the tracks, we never would have found those other ones. So a lot of serendipity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, while bushwhacking, we got knocks. We got knocks that day while we were going in there. It was very, very impressive. It was pretty clear that they were still hanging around that area. So stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages. You know, Bobes, squatching season is in full swing and I can't help but notice you're wearing that gone squatch and hats. But are you wearing that hat to support your favorite hobby or to hide your thinning hair bom. You don't have to answer that, Bobes, because HYMNS offers access to a range of prescription treatments that are awesome out in the woods while you're squatching for hair regrowth, so you can see results by the time that you actually hear that vocalization. HYMNS offers convenient access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including chees, oral medications, serums and sprays. Sure doctor trusted clinically proven ingredients like finasteride and monoxidel can stop hair loss and regrow hair in as little as three to six months. Get started from the comfort of home. Fill out an intake form and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free. Classic The process is one hundred percent online, which means getting started has never been more convenient. HYMS has helped hundreds of thousands of men get their confidence back with visibly thicker and squatchier hair. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 2: That's hims dot com slash beyond for your personalized hair loss treatment options.
Speaker 4: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 1: Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidal and finasteride. Prescription required. See website for full details, restrictions and important safety information. Do you guys remember the barn that he mentioned there on Pine Ridge with the skulls on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Which leads is my question to you. Did your grappa hear any stories? Did you ever? I don't know if you if you got to know him well or spent much time with them, but did you ever mentually think about something Sasquash related that he heard in the bar?
Speaker 4: Sasquatches don't drink in bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, clif they're breaking us stills and drink a sour mash.
Speaker 4: Just a joke. Well, all right, well what do we hop onto the next question?
Speaker 6: Well, hello, Cliff Obo and Matt Love the program been listening for over a year now. A few years ago, as I was really getting into the online presence in the world of Bigfoot and Sasquatch research, came across the what may just be a story the cow Man of Copaliss Beach up there in northwest Washington, I believe, on the Pacific Coast. I've never seen any analysis of that or any corroboration if it is anything more than just a well written story, or do people in that part of the world up there in the northwest considered it to be a true account. And while it seems like a very well written and very detailed account, there are aspects to it that make me wonder is it just a well crafted story? So I wanted to put that out to you guys to see what your thoughts were on that topic.
Speaker 4: Again, cow Man of Copela's Beach, Thanks.
Speaker 1: This is Rob in Cleveland, Ohio. I have a vague memory of someone on the original Bigfoot forums many years ago claiming that it was fictional and that they were the author. Now some of that stuff's archived, I think still a Bigfoot forums you could be a paying member and access the original archives. So I could be wrong. I might be conflating two memories. I mean, this would have been like probably twenty years ago or something like that. But in my memory, it was attributed to a known person who took credit for it, who said, no, I wrote this as a fictional story. It was not meant to be presented as a true testimony. Does that sound familiar to either of you.
Speaker 2: I love the story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't follow I knew the story, but I didn't follow it that closely because I didn't think there was any I could do about it.
Speaker 2: I've been I've been to that spot where where it was supposed to take place, like several times, and I mean I read it. I loved it, and they've made a great movie on it, like a docu drama that's I can't remember the name of that one either.
Speaker 1: I think it's called There's Something in the Woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great one. I think that's one of the best. You know, I always forget to mention that when people ask what's some of my favorite big Foot movies. That's one of them for sure.
Speaker 1: That one set in tech. I mean it's the same story, but I think they said it in Texas instead of the Northwest.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm talking about the one that's Couple of Speech.
Speaker 1: Oh, because there is a movie that's set in Texas that Mike Hall, the researcher who's also an actor, was in and it's based on that story. But I think they said it in East Texas.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I think the gist of the answer right here is we don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, I could totally be wrong or misremembering about a different story, But as I remember it, someone came on that forum claiming to be the author of that story, saying that it was fiction and that it was never meant to be presented as nonfiction.
Speaker 4: Well, certainly one of our listeners is probably a paying member of Bigfoot Forums. I mean, maybe they can go check it out for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go search the BFF one point zero archives.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I wish we could be more assistance there, Rob from Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Whoever wrote it, though, if it was fiction, they certainly knew about Bigfoot. They were well versed in the subject.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been many years since I've read it. It's probably still online somewhere.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: People asked me about it once in a while when I saw Kalman, I was hoping it'd be about a minotaur. All right, we should we go to the next question.
Speaker 2: Yep I bubblo.
Speaker 7: Matt, this is a longtime listener hiding here in the concrete jungle of Irvine, California, calling to see if you will ever turn on the cameras and kind of move from podcasts for a more visual platform for all of your listeners. I think it would be a lot of fun, especially to just let Bobo have free reign of what's going on around in and what he's doing, and it could be highly entertaining and you know, continue to be highly educational. So thanks for all you guys do. I never in a million years that I would be into sasquatch. I'm learning so much and so grateful to you. And keep it squatchy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for the kind words, Tidy, appreciate that I do like. I have considered that suggestion mostly during football season, so Matt and I can see if Bobo is watching a football game or actually participating in the podcast fall well. I have considered that just to keep tabs on Bobo and make sure that he's engaged. But other than that, I don't know. I think we all we've got faces for radio.
Speaker 2: Dude, she said educational.
Speaker 1: Heidi's a great member of ours. She's a pigeon, always submits great questions and thoughtful comments. You know, one of the benefits for all the listeners out there is that we can kind of treat this the way that you would film television, in that you know, if a guest is saying something and then they decide, oh, man, can I start over, It's like, yeah, sure, go ahead and start over. Or if they mention a location, they're like, you know what, I'd rather people not know about that? Can I say that again? And omit the name of the town or the creek or the mountain. So there's a lot of flexibility that I have as an editor that because it's audio only, you can't tell where it's edited, Versus if we were on camera, we would either have to take away that flexibility from people or you would be seeing jump cuts all the time. I mean, some of these episodes have you know, depending on the guests and whatever technical issues come up. We've had episodes that have fifteen hundred to two thousand edits in them, and so you would be distracted by all of the jump cuts on camera that you would see, because otherwise we'd be sitting in chairs, you know, looking at the camera, looking at our computers or webcams or whatever, and those things would be distracting. For sure. You'd be wondering why did that cut, wonder what was there? Versus the audio world that doesn't happen. And we do that so that there is no pressure, there's no red light fever. People don't have to worry about executing everything perfectly like you do on radio or a live broadcast or something like that, and son on camera thing as possible. It would just require us to, you know, lose a lot of the freedom that we have to make as many mistakes as we do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and if I can't make mistakes, I'm probably not interested in doing it, because I mostly make mistakes.
Speaker 1: And a lot of the editing isn't just to you know, allow for mistakes, but it's also just to curate all of the best moments for the listener, you know, because sometimes we do get off topic or do something funny and then when I'm listening back to it. I'm like, you know, some like eighty percent of that was funny, and so I'll keep that eighty percent. The other twenty percent is really not necessary. It's sort of too tangential or gets too far off the beaten track, And so there's a lot of flexibility you get that just being on camera wouldn't give you unless you're hoping that people wouldn't be distracted by the amount of edits that they see. Also, to think if we were all in person, it would be different. You It'd be easy to just turn on a camera and let it roll. But when you have people online and there's like lags and delays or latency where one person is hearing all of us two seconds later, then the rest of us are hearing each other, and so there's a lot of false starts and stops and interruptions. A lot of editing takes care of that. So an on camera thing it would just be I don't think the finished product would be great unless it was just either so full of mistakes and errors, which I do see in a whole lot of those live stream things due to the technical issues. I think this is just a more consumable thing, and with podcasts, Like most of our listeners tell me like you make my commute better, or I listen to you when I work out or mow the grass, or him out walking or jogging or picking up the kids from school. And so they're all spending their time with us when they're not sitting down looking at a screen. So we're occupying people's you know what they call found time, all this additional time that someone has to listen and learn without saying, Okay, well my show was on, I've got to sit down and stare at a screen for an hour. So I think this format works really well for that reason.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that the consumer, the listeners here are getting a way better product in general, for sure, yeah, than a screen thing. And I know Matt is so intensely focused on giving the listeners the best experience possible. And he really I say it all the time. He knows how to polish a turd man. A lot of time, we just give them turds and he comes out with gold bricks.
Speaker 2: He's an alchemist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's an alchemist, absolutely turning crap to gold. If you saw the actual raw product that he has to deal with, you know, it's not every single week. We give them garbage. But every once in a while we're thinking, oh gosh, Matt's gonna have a tough time with this one, and he does it again and again and again, just pumps out amazing product for you guys. I think that would be something solely, sorely missing if we went to a you know, a visual product as well.
Speaker 1: Very kind of yeah, I think for the most part, it's very kind of you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think for the most part, we do it for the benefit of the guest, you know, because some guests do want to collect their thoughts, and so there will be long pauses between the end of our question and the beginning of their answer, and so, you know, I remove those long pauses just so listeners don't think, like, oh did my app freeze or something like that. Just makes the listening experience better.
Speaker 2: I don't listen to an edited podcast. I don't listen to live stuff too much. I mean, there's some I will like, maybe this is a comedians or something, but yeah, stuff is terrible, I think.
Speaker 1: Well, especially when it's over the internet, when it's streamed between participants. It's different when everyone's in a room together, because it's just a different vibe, and everything's in real time and people are wanting to like body language and facial expressions versus just when it's streamed, it can be a little bit different. The other big thing with Patreon now they do have a live feature where you can go live on camera, and so I'm trying to see how that feature works now, Like if it would be possible to go live with the two of you guys, maybe we could do that every once in a blue moon, you know, and just answer questions from the chat or something like that. So even if we did that, it would still be the rare occasion because once you do that, like I guess, you could download it and edit it and then re upload it. But it would just be easier to not have to do it that way. So I think the audio format it's just better for everyone involved, everyone behind the mics and everyone in the listenership.
Speaker 4: I think, well, it's certainly better for us on this side of the mic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the camera is that's work. I hate doing the count and you gotta sit like right in front of the don't. I just don't. It's just I hate it.
Speaker 1: But Heidi, thanks so much for the question. She's a great member, like I said, always submits interesting questions and thoughtful comments there. So maybe one of these days will do some sort of a live stream thing. But we'll see cou cou coo.
Speaker 4: Honey, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: And here is the last of the voicemails, and then we'll go onto the written questions.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cliff and Bobo, my name is Troy and I live in Iowa. Shout out to the Yellow River Forest, where I know you guys have had some squatchy experiences. I'm coming out to Oregon in mid August and I bringing my daughter to see the museum. Cliff, I have been to Lord Coleman's museum in Portland, Maine, and now I get to come to your museum in Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 2: I'm super stoked about it.
Speaker 8: I'm wondering what are my chances of seeing you.
Speaker 2: There, or Bobo or Matt.
Speaker 4: I think it would be really cool to meet you.
Speaker 2: Guys and serve my own experiences that your brains on yours. You guys are so good at what you do.
Speaker 8: I'm a high school custodian and I listen to every episode and it really helps me get through my days and nights here at work.
Speaker 2: I super appreciate you. Thanks a lot. Heres cool Troy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, coming out in mid August, I'll be around. I've got to go to Where am I going. I'm going to Ohio to the Hawking Hills Bigfoot Festival the weekend of I think it's the ninth or something like that. I'd have to check the dates, but I believe it's that weekend, and I'll be visiting family as well, so I'll be back in town on the thirteenth or fourteenth somewhere there, and generally speaking, when I'm out of there. When I am in town, I don't cover hours at the museum anymore. I do sometimes if somebody's sick, or somebody's on vacation or something. I'm happy to do that. I love working at my shop, don't get me wrong. But I'm not required to be there like you know, ten to five like I used to be. I've got employees for that now. But despite the fact that I don't cover hours, I'm not required to be there at certain times. I am there kind of a lot. I am there probably on average three to six days a week. But it's not like I'm there for eight hours a day or something. It's usually I'm there for two hours or three hours. Even if I go in I just got to drop by and drop something off, I end up staying there for like an hour, hour and a half oftentimes because there's always stuff to talk about and do, and I see, you know, people catch me and they want to talk to me for a few minutes, or Keith and I are talking about a new display we're trying to build, or Niko and I are trying you know, there's a million things going on the shop. So when I drop by, even for a few minutes, it seems that I stay for a couple hours. So depends on when you show up, I guess. I will say that the time I usually show up is usually between eleven and two or something like that, Like today, right now, it is eleven twenty on July fifteenth, and after we do this podcast, I have to go into the shop. I have to go in, and I will be there probably for about three hours today. So that that's kind of what my schedule's like, erratic and unpredictable. So what are the chances I don't know, man, get a percentile dice, roll it, see what happens. Just come to the shop. You're gonna dig it anyway, whether I'm there or not. So and he did ask what about the Bobes.
Speaker 2: I get it in there. I mean I stopped at whenever I'm up there. I don't get into much. Couple a couple of times a year. Yeah, so probably pretty slim with Bobo. And you're not planning it them coming up in August, you're gonna be You're gonna be nesting in your in your new digs up in Blue Lake. Yeah, I am taking a trip. Jamie Jay's coming down in uh August and we're going out for a week.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, the usual usual place.
Speaker 2: Or no, I don't know where we're gonna go. We're still playing it by ear. I was thinking about going down and hooking up with money Maker at his ORBS spot where they have all those squatch action. But they've also been seeing Orbs. I was thinking about that, or I don't know. I mean I love going up to the Living Peninsula. I mean, he's up in Washington, so I might go up that way. But he wants to take a road trip with the Sun coop. They want to take a road trip, so they want to come down. They want to come down northern California, so playfy. I mean, dude, the fires are just kicking off the last couple of days. I mean it's been, it's smoky, and it's starting, so we'll see how the fire I mean as usual when August September right here on the West Coast, I mean you're planning or squashing around avoiding fires and thick smoke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the fire season again this year. We're in a drought situation right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do get questions along that those lines pretty often, you know, people wanting to visit the NABC and wondering what chances are I've seeing you there. So I thought it'd be a good voicemail to include and uh, and Troy made the point for me, like he said, you know, he listens to us to get through the days and nights at work there, So you wouldn't be able to do that if it required you to watch. You know, you can just pop in earbuds or headphones or something like that and listen on the device while you're working. So I think that's again another example of how most people consume this stuff. They're not just sitting down and solely devoting attention to it. They're listening while accomplishing other things.
Speaker 4: Well, we still have some time. You want to hop on a written question, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So here's a familiar name and a Finding Bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Related question for you. Take your Cliff.
Speaker 4: This one is from the lovely and talented Tateronymous, who's going to be in the shop next week filming something if I remember correctly, Cliff and Bobo, did you guys ever get to meet the Finding Bigfoot shows opening narrator Matt?
Speaker 2: Did Mighty Maker met of Ping Pong? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Matt met him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's went through the office and he goes, here's here's this voice you like this next week on Finding you know, he said they heard that voice, and he just goes, oh my god, that guy. They talked for like five or ten minutes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I never got to meet him either, but yeah, Matt. Matt was very often he was a narrative voice as well on Finding Bigfoot, And that was largely because Matt in La or in the LA area at least. He lives actually down in Orange County and It's a lot easier to have Matt come up, drive a couple hours and come up to the studio in you know, which is right off Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, than it is to fly Bob or or me down, you know. So Matt was very often the guy who did all the voiceover stuff for that kind of thing, so he was in the office a lot more, you know, and he You got to meet a lot of people that way, and I guess you got to meet him.
Speaker 2: Meet this guy.
Speaker 4: I never had a chance to meet him, but I would have liked to. Apparently he's a really nice guy. I know, Chad Hamill. I think I believe Chad Hamill told me that he was a really cool guy and.
Speaker 2: He kind of knew him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everyone liked him, but I never had a chance to meet him. A good question, though, day interesting question, and there's the next written's emission.
Speaker 2: Mike Bell love your show. Have there been less settings since phones have become mini computers. I'm curious because as a kid I stared out the window, and now my kids stare at their phones. I tell them all the time that they're missing the world outside. Thanks guys, I agree one hundred percent. That's how I feel about it.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that people are not perhaps are not going to the woods as much they used to, and when they are out there, they're you know, I don't know if they have their phones on them or not really because there's probably no reception in a lot of these places.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: But are there fewer sightings now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because remember like there used to be. I mean, dude, when you were a kid, Like we drove cross country five times from California to the East Coast and we didn't have anything. We had books, but we just stared out the window. My parents were pretty permissive that That's what was crazy. They'd let us like shoot b beguns off the back of the station wagon. That's permissive.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Not at cars. I mean, we weren't allowed to shoot cars, but you did. No, we'd get in chart. We couldn't pot them at people, but we'd shoot the road signs. You hear the ping, you know, go Wizen buy that's amazing, Yeah, dude. And I wore a head Indian like a couple of those sorts. I wore Indian like fake headdress, like a chiefs war bonnet looking thing. I'd wear that with my little fake for Indian vest with a buffalo on the back like emblem. So I'd sit at the back of my headdress on with a baby gun pointed out the window, shooting at signs. But yeah, we just watched. We just watched the whole time. I mean I remember when, like you know, cars started getting like mini vans and stuff like that started having screens in the headrest in front of them. The driver and pastors seating like kids in the back would just stare at the TVs like they just watched screens the whole time. And nowadays they're just on their phone. Because we've heard so many stories where people were driving, like you know, they're just staring out the window, passengers looking out the window, and they saw something as they drove back, Like Cliff, you have a setting like that.
Speaker 4: Potentially yeah, maybe I don't know what that was, but quite possibly.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But I mean, it's just it's just a fact people are looking at their screens, you know, digitizations distracting people from looking for squatches when driving.
Speaker 4: It's distracting people from life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, life isn't on a screen, man, it's outside. That's one of the great things about bigfoot in general. So you go out looking for sasquatches, you're probably not on the screen very much, probably actually participating in existence, which is kind of a rarer and rarer thing. But you know the other side of that, there might, there might, there may be, and I don't know this. You seem pretty strongly opinion that there are fewer sightings, and that might be true, But certainly the opposite side of that is that whatever sightings are shared more widely. Yeah, yeah, it might, it might kind of counterbalance in that sort of way.
Speaker 1: And whatever misidentifications or misinterpretations there are are also shared more widely.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: But I did think it was a good question and a good observation because I was the same way, like I would stare out the window as a kid driving around the Northwardgia Mountains, you know, riding in the vackseat, and saw a lot of wildlife that way. And so I think Mike's question is appropriate for sure, or his question and observation agreed. Alrighty, So there's the next written question.
Speaker 4: For you, and it comes from Mark Netzer. Does anyone have a theory about why some bigfoot stink to high heaven and others have no sense. I am thinking about el encounter in the camp at Ape Canyon. Apparently neither he nor the members of the group smelled anything in the camp that night. There are other instances of close sightings with no odor discust on the podcast Thank you for any information on this subject. There's a couple possible explanations for it. I think I am personally an advocate of them having a scent gland in their armpits, just like gorillas do. This is a known thing in other eight species, so I think it's very reasonable to think that sasquatches may have the same feature. Don't know, and of course gorillas. Diane Fossy would comment that she could tell when the silverback was round because she could smell it before she could see it oftentimes. And a recent study and I say recent because in my mind most things are recent because I'm an old man, but I think it was probably about five or eight years ago at this point. A recent study was published indicating that apparently gorillas can control whether they exude their sinky smell or not. But apparently the younger silver backs, you know, not the dominant male, but the younger ones don't exude that stench when they're in the territory of the big bad boy, the big silver back that kind of runs everything, So apparently they can control whether it or not they exuded that scent. In gorillas is exuded when they're in a high stress situation or afraid or being aggressive or something like that, which makes sense with bigfoots as well. It must be pretty stressful for sasquatches to be observed or know there's a human in the area. A lot of people that see like that, So only ten to fifteen percent of citing reports have a smell associated with them.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 4: That's my take on it. That's what I think. And there's also a possibility that that you know, they're eating of carrion and flesh and just sort of bad hygiene in general, and the crack when they take a dump like it probably just drips down their leg a lot of time because at the location of their butt compared to the rest of the anatomy. There's a lot of reasons why they might stink, but I kind of favor the first one. That they have that sense gland that they can or cannot control that exudes the stinky smell when they're stressed out, they.
Speaker 2: Can control it. I know a lot of it's involuntary, but I think that I think they could control it to some degree. I think it's kind of like a skunk like they could. But I think that I don't think they could do it like just fake. I think they really have to. They really would have to fill out of motion, you know, like the stress or the fear or the anger for it to come out. But I think like they I think they can, especially if there's intraspecies like male competitive competition for areas, it could be a way to you know, like they've been seen rubbing on trees and stuff like that, you know, like rubbing their backs on trees, and I think it's just scratched mostly, but it could be like there's there could be sent marking, like they could be squirting a little hormone, and there might be a way to avoid intraspecies fighting, like you know, like okay, this is this is another guy's territory. You can smell that. You can smell the smell, Like maybe that's why people if you're doing calls and stuff, you smell a smell, like because you're agitating them. But you know, when I think about that, I really heard that many stories about people smelling them after doing call blasts or you know, doing knocks or whistling or calling whatever. Actually, I think about it, you never really hear people reporting smell too much. After that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a lot of environmental factors too, like you know, heat and humidity, because certainly they perspire because they're not panting, so they got a cool probably in similar ways that we do, which is you know, perspiration and sweat. Depending on whatever else is in the environment, like Cliff mentioned, maybe carrying whatever they've eaten. Also, their excrement will change in terms of how differous and how offensive that odor is. And so I think, you know, to pose the question like why do some stink and others don't, it's sort of like, well, any one of us individuals, sometimes we stink and sometimes we don't, depending on you know, the heat, the humidity, how much we're exerting ourselves, you know, if we've gotten a chance to take a shower that day. You know, there's a lot of individual variation just for day to day, and I'm sure that would be amplified if we were living in the wild. Twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: You know, I think that's definitely part of it.
Speaker 4: There's still a lot to learn about sasquatches. We don't know how they make the smell at all. But I bet you when we learn how they make the smell, that's really gonna tie everything up for us. And we're going to figure out why some do and some don't. And only ten to fifteen, ten twelve, fifteen percent of sightings have smells. I think the answer will lie in there somewhere. But until sasquatches are proven to be real animals, we don't know. All this is just speculation. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: And the times I've smelled something there's been no wind and it's been so concentrated and so thick, it's just it's amazing. Like I'm sure that the smells we were smelling, how strong they were. If there had been a breeze, you could have smelled that a half mile away, no problem, you know, like you would have got whiffs because it was just just hung in the air, like you could walk back and forth. It was crazy, it was it was invisible, but it was like it was there. It was very pungent, like extremely pungent. But I've always smelt about you know a few times, you know, like maybe five times, four times and thirty five years.
Speaker 1: Oh, the same here, And it was very strong, concentrated, localized, very unique. Nothing else in the wild that I've encountered smells like it.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was amazing each time.
Speaker 4: It stinks a real bad kind of dog poop, parmesan.
Speaker 1: There is a whole world of smell and odor, especially as it pertains to pheromones that you know, I haven't done a whole lot of research into. I did hear a podcast with the some researchers studying pheromones and humans, and there were so many amazing things, like, for example, women in general are involuntarily attracted to men with more symmetrical faces, and this study showed that women would have involuntary responses like skin conductivity and other physiological responses to smelling the worn t shirts of men with more symmetrical faces than not. Now that's all involuntary, Like none of that is good. That's all going on you know, subliminally, subconsciously, and so who knows what other things we're responding to all the time that our sense that we can't really detect you know, you know the difference between like a pizza or chili or a hot dog or whatever, like those are detectable sense where you know what you're detecting, but you know pheromones, you would have no idea you know the source or that you're even smelling it. But there are these chemical reactions that generate involuntary physiological responses, and so who knows how much of that?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I kind of wonder that with a lot of the innate fear response that people attribute to infrasound, It's like, well, there could be a pheromone component to that.
Speaker 2: We just don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, infrasound is not the only possible candidate to generate those sort of involuntary responses in people. And so who knows how far that scent thing extends not only in US but with sasquatches. Is some means of defense communication, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Agreed, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 1: And so here is the final written submission.
Speaker 2: All right, we got Michael, my song, my song. I'm checking in to see if you have a recommendation on the best. I'm thinking most of detailed replica footprint cast to get I'm enthralled with the subject, and then planning on having one frame next to a quality still from the PG film. What direction would you point me in? Thanks so much for your input. Love the podcast and really enjoyed my visits to the NABC Grace Harbor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably the Hereford cast. I guess specifically the hair because there were there are eight or nine prints from Grace Harbor, but specifically the Harriford cast. When that heat casts, we don't sell that one at the NABC. I don't have mission to sell it. It's not like I've been denied permission, but I just have never asked Dennis about it. I do know Dennis. I don't communicate with them very often, but I did spend a couple hours with him a couple of years ago, two years ago, a great interview. I should probably reach out because that's one of the things that's on my long and ever growing list of things I need to take care of, is reach out to Dennis to see if we can sell those at the shop, because we do sell other prints at the shop that belong to other people, like we have a couple from dar Addington, we have some from Tom Shay, we have one or two from doctor Meldrum, and we just give him a small royalty for each one, even though they don't even ask for it. For the most part, Freeman Cass the Freeman stuff. Yeah, yeah, we have all the Freeman stuff as well. Freeman has The Freeman casts are very interesting for a variety of reasons.
Speaker 2: Ninety percent of feel like come in and see my cast question ninety plus percent go right to the Hereford casto. Well, and they picked that one up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did say most detailed, and I'm going to interpret that as the cleanest one because, so to speak, the one that looks great, and it does have really interesting details on It doesn't have dramaticglyphics or anything like that, but it does have really interesting details like the mushrooming of the fat pads at the bottom of the foot. There's a pressure crack that goes down the middle of the planet of surface of the foot, so there are really interesting details on there. But it's just clean and clear and stuff. Now, since I don't really sell those, but doctor Meldrum does. He has a relationship that allows him to sell those prints. So if you do see doctor Meldrum at a conference, he very often has that print on the table because this is a big seller. Honestly, it looks great. So yeah, that's a print that I could strongly recommend.
Speaker 2: I guess that's a wrap.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 2: So any appearances come out, Cliff, you want to.
Speaker 4: Announce Hawking Hills.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: The weekend of August ninth? And I think it goes on Friday, maybe even Thursday too. I gotta fly out Wednesday. This is gonna be a long gig, man, So I gotta fly out Wednesday, and I think it goes to at least Sunday. But look at the Hawking Hills Bigfood Festival. I'm sure there's a webs or something. Check that out and I'll tell you what events are happening on what day and see which one you want to go to. So that's the next thing I'm at, and then from there on out, I've got a pretty light schedule, like one a month until November, which is nice. I can gives me a little bit of breathing room for a change.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything for a while to be you pro I'll be speaking to Capitol Library and Bowling Green, Kentucky on Saturday, August the second, So I'll put the links to the Hawking Hills event and that Bowling Green, Kentucky event in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Nice. All right, folks, LA's another episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. Thanks so much for joining us. We've got some new listeners, so hope you enjoyed that, and if you like it, hit like and share, spread the word and all right, so next week we'll see you then, but until then, keep it squatchy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, Subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.