Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRI, Orlando's rock station. Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons. One oh one one w JRIR.
Speaker 2: Rock News brought you by Jr's Tuesday ticket takeover at one oh one one w jr R On Instagram all day to.
Speaker 1: Day your chance to win tickets to the sold out spirit.
Speaker 2: Box Show high demand tickets. We've got him. All you're gonna do is pop over to our Instagram and follow the instructions from yours truly, then you'll be in the running.
Speaker 1: Pat said it at one oh one one WJRR.
Speaker 2: Let's begin with something that happened forty years ago today and many rock fans thought was a horrible April fool's joke, But it wasn't. What was was forty years ago today, in nineteen eighty five, that David Lee Roth said see ya to the Geyston van Halen later shook hands with uh Eddie Van Halen later buddy, I'm gonna go do my own thing. Of course, later on he did rejoin the band for a period, only to leave again. And you know the story kind of wrote itself over the years.
Speaker 1: Yes smart that he came back in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Congrats to Jane's addiction guitarist Dave Navarro, who got married for the fourth time over the weekend. All right, Dave, This time he's going to take a swing with a Swedish actress and fashion designer Vanessa Dibasso. They got married over the weekend.
Speaker 1: He's good at taking swings. He took one.
Speaker 2: Incoming, Yes, very feral. Quick recap of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fan vote, which continues at rockhall dot com until Believe the twenty first. We had one slight change this week in the top five, sound Garden slipping a spot to position five from four. They were surpassed by Cindy Laupper, Billy Idols still at position three, Bad Company at number two, and Fish locked.
Speaker 1: In at one, with the unaway amount of a sectually.
Speaker 2: Bad company starting to close the gap.
Speaker 1: Good Roger Daltrey give them given that address again that email addressed to Rockhall dot com.
Speaker 2: Roger Daltrey offers a health update. As he performed this past weekend in London's Royal Albert Hall. He let fans know that well his age and health are kind of catching up with him. Told the crowd the joys of getting old mean you go deaf. I also now have got the joy of going blind. Really fortunately I still have my voice, because then I'll have a full Tommy. He was referring, of course, to the band's rock opera Tommy and the Deaf, Dumb and Blind Kit.
Speaker 1: I call it.
Speaker 2: He's uh yeah, he's suffering some loss of hearing and eyesight at this point. So sex Pistols announcing in North American tour obviously the name sex Pistols, sure, but not exactly from back in the day. Frank Carter will handle the vocals. John Lighten on the sidelines for this, Steve Jones, Glenn Mattlocke, Paul Cook will all be there. None of the tour dates are anywhere near where we live here in central Florida. Looks like the closest place you could get if you want to see them would be uh, Philly, DC, okay, or if you want to get over to Dallas.
Speaker 1: I thought you're going to be in Europe.
Speaker 2: No, Well they did a European some European dates, and now they're they're rolling out this handful of North American shows later this year September and October UH thirty eight special. We're here in central Florida for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival in Lake Buena Vista. They did six shows over two days and one of the One of the shows featured a duck walking out on stage in the middle of their set, and the band took it in stride said, where's actually grateful for the best opening act. Tonight's only at Disney.
Speaker 1: They should have grabbed a thirty eight special and taken care.
Speaker 2: It's pretty Some of you might have been there to see that.
Speaker 1: We had listeners actually text in that were there, and also listeners that ran into one of the guys walking around and joining things.
Speaker 2: Billy Corgan will perform classic Smashing Pumpkins material on his solo tour. He's announced Billy Corgan and the Machines.
Speaker 1: Of God.
Speaker 2: Will do a North American tour set for starting in June. It's built as the Return to Zero tour. We'll see Corgan and company celebrating the Pumpkins, Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness thirtieth anniversary. Machina Machines God and its sequel setlists will draw from those albums, with tour dights kicking off June seventh and Baltimore and running through June twenty ninth in Minneapolis. Again, nothing included in Central Florida as of yet. Who knows, that could change depending on how the tour does. Speaking of how tours are going to do, Danger Will Robinson h Lincoln Park minus Chester Bennington has proven to be a bit of a hard selling places. The band had to bag its scheduled show at Dodger Stadium, which was originally going to be in September, and they've moved it cross town to the Intuit Dome in Inglewood. So they're going from a fifty six thousand seat stadium to an eighteen thousand seat arena, which most bands don't. Get me wrong, we'd love to fill in eighteen thousand seat arena. But you see where I'm going with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as soon as you said LA Stadium, I'm thinking hell.
Speaker 2: Queens of the Stone Age also dropped off the Lincoln Parkville. This is not the only show Lincoln Park is having trouble selling tickets to. They've also announced a new promotion for all of their US shows where you can buy a ticket for thirty nine to fifty and get a randomly assigned seats. They've also apparently canceled shows in Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre, Brazil. A lot of people are starting to put them on new singer Emily Armstrong, thinking her ties to scientology, oh and her support of convicted rapist Danny Masterson may be dampening enthusiasm as far as forking over your hard earmed bucks. Yesterday, Kid Rock was in the Oval Office as Donald Trump signed an executive order in including one that could change the way tickets are bought for concerts and events. So they're going to try again to try to get a grip on these out of control ticket prices via an executive order. The Department of Justice is said to put out a set of what they will say be terms of this executive order in the coming weeks. Now, if you remember back just a couple of years ago, they tried this with Biden and nothing happened. Even though they put in some regulations in place. The free for all with the ticket and aftermarket continued on. This is just the latest attempt to try to rein it all in. I don't know if this is just a lost cause or what at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I hope they can do something about out of control ticket prices, but I guess the message here is I would not hold your breath, Just would it hold your breath? All right, that's your rock news for this week.
Speaker 1: I was a thick helping right there.
Speaker 2: I think we got it all in