Speaker 1: Good morning everybody. It is the CaCO Day Radio program.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: On my final day of our of hanging out in our Greensboro facility.
Speaker 2: I've been here all week.
Speaker 1: Eh, this morning has been a struggle. Okay, one the fog man for the I don't know, Ross is it foggy in the triangle. The Triad is absolutely socked in right now, Okay. Like it took me probably five extra minutes to drive in this morning because there was a moment where I'm just like, is that the road? No? No, no, that's the road. And it wasn't the road it was. It was the turn lane.
Speaker 2: So I guess it's kind of the road.
Speaker 1: And it's been one of those I come in and when I'm over here, I'm I'm using somebody else's studio, Right. It's one thing when it's your home studio, keep out whatever you can decorate it like Rossa's his studio is a museum ish thing. And I walk I walk in this morning, I'm like, why is everything backwards? Why won't the light turn on? I am convinced we have because we just built this facility and it's it's like a space shuttle in here. No, no, no, it's better than that. It's like an Elon musk rocket in here. I am almost convinced, and I've been trying to figure it out that if I want to turn on the lights in this studio, I need to scan something on my phone.
Speaker 2: How how did we get here?
Speaker 1: How did I I'm assuming this is some energy saving thing that somebody came up with, So now I got Now I have giant monitors in here and the board and and it provides a lot of light. It's actually almost fine in here.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like Batman?
Speaker 2: No, I'm the.
Speaker 1: Other guy, uh who who embraced the darkness because I was born there.
Speaker 2: That's how I'm feeling this morning.
Speaker 3: Your microphone sounds like you have a mask over your head.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yeah, No, I have this thing and if I take it off it would be extremely painful.
Speaker 3: So I had you in que here listening like for you to connect right yeah, yeah yeah. I just hear like bumbling around, Like I'm like, what is going on? Bumbling around? You're like what the hell?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: That makes sense because you were knocking into stuff because it's there. You have no light in no, try to turn.
Speaker 2: The damn light on?
Speaker 1: What is he doing he And that's my own fun because I rolled in and I put the settings on the board and all that, and then I went to I went to the fridge, and I went to a coffee maker and I got a coffee and I got a parfait. Yes, I'm eating a parfe this morning. Deal with it. And it takes such good care of us over here at ross Bro. And I told you the amount of free food over in the Greensboro thing.
Speaker 3: It's masked up that you get free parfays and I'm like free parfas.
Speaker 2: You know we had yesterday.
Speaker 1: You know what they catered yesterday right after the show, free Chick fil A.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that was rude. Should have road that in.
Speaker 3: So you're living like the radio life, the way we used to live at.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, yeah, I had and and and you want to hear something crazy.
Speaker 2: So I had.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do something nice for the hotel, right because they put up with me all.
Speaker 2: Week and I had to change some stuff and all of that. They're just great.
Speaker 1: And let me just tell you the Marriott over by the former mall in high Point there where the Chili's and the McDonald's are, right there is an amazingly great Marriott and I'm a Marriott guy right like I have. I used to have ambassador status and for you Marriott guys who know you know great people. And I'm like, hey, I want to bring him a little goodie bag because you know, remember when radio stations used to have a closet full of like free stuff.
Speaker 2: And so I tell boss Lady here.
Speaker 1: She's like, she's in there filling the bag up with all the promotional stuff. And I brought it, dropped a big bag off for him yesterday and but I can't turn the light on. I don't know what I did. So that's, uh, that's where we are this morning. But you know, we'll truck through it while I eat my parfait and Ross starves to death over in the Raleigh studio.
Speaker 2: It's very sad.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see it so anyway, And I'm on a different microphone this morning too, But I guess I did probably tell you that because I don't know. I don't know why the other microphone is the only one working this morning. I'm sure it's a setting on this it's just not a board i'm familiar with.
Speaker 3: Well, it's because JT is left handed, as we've covered.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's right. Yeah, I'm in the left handed. If you guys don't know, our program director in the Triad is left handed. But but he has reversed mice on the computer. So I actually have three mice when I'm doing the show, I have three mice going on it. I have my own from my laptop that I used to answer your super awesome calls and you know all of that, and then the other two control the other monitors, which include like button bar and you know, like email and and any of the stories I'm reading. So the if you imagine this, you're you have a mouse and you want to click on something. Which side of the mouse do you click on as a normal human being, on the left side. Right now, now you can reverse these bad boys, so it only it clicks on the right side, and then the left side is that it would normally be your clicking side does the things you know, like the right click. And by the way, that's the other thing. It's called a right click. It's called a right clicking the right.
Speaker 2: Side of the mouse.
Speaker 3: With Biden, it was always you know, he has a stutter. Yes, it's like, well you're left handed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he goes and I go, dude, what's with this? And he's like, Oh, it's a left handed thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I can say that because I'm also left handed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's a left handed thing, right, But I don't do any of those things. What because it would be insane. Right.
Speaker 3: You need you need to reverse the buttons on your mouse, right, you need you need to make it so the lights don't work, and you need to make it sound like you sound like band in the microphone. It's because you're left handed, you know what it is?
Speaker 1: This is I'm on like, I'm on like a reality competition right where they got to keep they gotta go. Let's throw them some curveballs. See how they react. That's that's the the only thing that makes sense. But that's what's going on. Oh, gotta shut that down here, all right, bye, buh go away, dude. And I'm sure that some of the audience it's just been it's been a whole day. It's been a whole It's a good day. Don't get me wrong. I'm actually I'm in a very good mood. I'm just confounded this morning, although yesterday I was in a bad mood because here's what happened yesterday? So our our company salespeople, they all had some big thing they were working on, some big you know, meeting, initiative whatever. They explained it to me, but you don't need to know. It's just it's just for sales. It's salespeople stuff. So I had the whole afternoon yesterday, right, and I'm like, yeah, you know what I haven't been to in forever?
Speaker 2: A movie theater.
Speaker 1: I realized, Ross, I realize I haven't been to a movie theater literally in years. It's just not my jam. I love movies, but I also have some patience. So I'm like, you know what, I'm gonna go to the movie theater. I don't even care. In fact, I want to go to an Imax, so I can. I didn't realize those were like twenty bucks and no idea what the I literally had no idea what a movie ticket costs. And tell the guys like eighteen dollars please for an IMAX three D thing. So I go to there's a movie theater in high Point called Palladium. If everyone in the triad knows where the shopping center is, it's it's gigantic, right.
Speaker 2: They got one of it.
Speaker 1: It's where the Olive Garden is, so maybe Ross knows where it is. And I'm like, yeah, I give me one for Venom it's the new Venom movie, because again I don't care. I got time to kill. And I realized I haven't been to a movie theater in forever. And the dudes give me my ticket and I'm like, do you have glasses cause it's it's Imax three D, right, you do glass?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: He's like, oh, our Imax is broke. And I'm like, what are.
Speaker 2: We doing here? What do you mean here?
Speaker 1: I'm lead with that, sir, lead with it. He's like, oh, they're gonna fix it here in a little while. I'm like, so they're gonna fix it for the movie. He's like, no, probably for tomorrow. And I'm like I'm out. So then I'm like, screw this. I was like, I was excited that I was gonna go to a movie theater for the first time in literally years. So I do about one hundred miles. I don't I'm in a company vehicle, so I did the speed limit, but I made post haste to I had to drive all the way up to University Avenue, Winston Salem, which is like twenty some minutes and the and it's about a thirty minute span on the showtime. So and I ended up making it. So I go over there, and let me tell you, it's really interesting what movies are doing now. The Venom movie was it was decent, okay, like, if you like the turn your brain off, show me an action flick with good CGI or whatever, go see the movie. That being said, it is abundantly clear that the new model is the Guardians of the Galaxy model.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean by that?
Speaker 1: Where I felt that they were forcing classic songs from the eighties on me, it was definitely thematic and it was it was like this nostalgia pump that they just kept every single scene right, Oh, here's dancing Queen.
Speaker 2: That's the whole thing in there.
Speaker 1: If you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about, every step of the way where they're trying to harvest that Guardians of the Galaxy nostalgia vibe.
Speaker 3: And it works for Guardians, right because he has the walkman and the headphones and the Yeah, it's a built in, it's built in. Yeah, try doing the like they'd try doing that with Captain Marvel where they would throw in these songs from the nineties ye half, and it was like, and I understand it's because he traveled back to the nineties in that movie, but it was just an awful It doesn't work.
Speaker 1: I will say it partially works here because they actually utilize some of the songs, like the dancing Queen thing is and it works in the scene where they use it, all right, and it's the only it's the one that.
Speaker 2: You would use there.
Speaker 1: But I just I just remember thinking that's interesting.
Speaker 2: But then I really, excuse me, I realize what they're doing. Now.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, this thing's not set in the eighties or nineties. It's set today.
Speaker 2: So it.
Speaker 1: Became clear to me that somebody there is like, hey, we should put music in it.
Speaker 2: Everyone likes now.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, but you know, music, soundtracks all that, they are a part of movies. But you feel what they're doing that being set. I enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed it for what I wanted it to be. I wanted to be a big you know, big screen. They didn't have three D over there, but whatever I wanted to be the big screen I want to There was like ross, you'll love this. How many people do you think else were in the theater?
Speaker 3: Probably like one other person.
Speaker 6: Two.
Speaker 1: It looked like a mom and her daughter who's like a college age. I don't know if it's mom and college daughter go to they and they sat, They sat in the I don't want to bust on people. They sat in the front row. I'm gonna say this again. They're in an imatch. They sat in the front row all the way to the left, all the way to the left in the front row.
Speaker 3: And maybe they were like visually impaired or something.
Speaker 2: No, I know I was. I was at the concessions with them.
Speaker 3: I can't see anything.
Speaker 2: By who does that?
Speaker 1: If you told me if I went to a movie, especially when I'm paying like eighteen bucks for and they you know, because now you pick your seat. That's again, I don't go to the movies. I'm like your great grandfather explaining this process to you. That's what I know of modern movie going.
Speaker 2: All right, you get.
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: They had all that everything at you way, and they were comfortable recliner and the the railing behind them wasn't so close that you could actually How many theaters have you been in where even back in the day. They're like, oh, we're gonna put recliners in, but they have these metal bars, you know, to divide the aisles. There some of them, so you put a recliner, but it can't recline. Not a problem here, but if you if I was looking at they're like, oh, the only tickets we have left in the front. I don't go to the movie just for the neck injury that's gonna ensue. But hey, if that's where they want to sit, good for them. I had the whole rest of the theater myself.
Speaker 3: No serious question. Did your brain melt when you've figured out and realized that the movies now have sound?
Speaker 2: It was so it was good. I came there to read.
Speaker 1: I was, you know, that's what I was there for obviously on the screen. But no, no, it was pretty amazing. Yeah, you threw holy water at the screen.
Speaker 2: Well, and they had color? Did you did you know this? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they put like like, oh, that's clearly a red shirt he's wearing. Like who knew? Who knew we were gonna get that far? So that was that was Miday yesterday. And then I read an email that I hadn't previously read from our company on open enrollment. I know many of you are dealing with this right now. Used to be back in my day. If you've select, if you have all of your stuff selected, it will roll over to the next year.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I didn't do any of that now, And I send this email and I specifically asked somebody does it roll over this year, and was specifically told that it does.
Speaker 2: And I scrolled out in this email we got.
Speaker 1: Yesterday and it's like, by the way, if you don't do this thing, I don't know, we're gonna come murder you and you won't have insurance, so you better do that. So then I'm after the movie. I like scrambled to do all of that. It was an interesting afternoon. I'm sorry, I'm ram looking.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's Friday and it's been a bit of a week. I think we can all agree on that and we'll talk about the continuation of that week. Also, I'm really confused about Well, let me do this because I'm really confused about something and I need I need someone to explain it to me, like I'm three, Okay, I'll tell you what that is coming up next here on the CaCO Day radio program, Ross, Do you want to guess what? Literally just decided to log out of everything my button bar as I'm getting ready to set up this whole thing. Well, luckily I can control it from here, so it's good, I know, I know, but it's do I have to wave my hand over it and I figure out how to turn the lights on?
Speaker 2: Everybody?
Speaker 3: Did you put your your retina on the board?
Speaker 1: I did what on the board? What do I look into the what the uh? The?
Speaker 2: Okay? You know how when you turn your mic on the auxiliary and the program? I mean what what.
Speaker 3: When you turn the mic on? You know, like the red light?
Speaker 6: Is there?
Speaker 3: The on light?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 3: Open your eye as wide as possible and put it right in front of that red light.
Speaker 1: Can I get one of those things from clockwork Orange? Do we have one of those around here?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: All right, so to make sure it scans in?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: We're all waiting for this to uh let me back in.
Speaker 1: I understand ROSCA control it, but it's the it's the I do it. I'm the guy on the telling you about it. There we go, what absolute lo Ney tunes?
Speaker 2: Way to do that? Okay?
Speaker 1: I have, you know, the monkey think we'll get you. By the way, to the nine thousand people people that sent me the moncky thing, first, we love you because you're right at our speed. Seguarly I got it, and we will get into it, because how could we not get into that story.
Speaker 2: That'll be a hero just a moment.
Speaker 1: However, just before we came back from break, Ross decided to torture me, and so now I'm going to torture you with what he tortured me with. Okay, imagine you work at the ABC store. You work at a liquor store. I guess you know, right, and most of your conversations about are literally just you know, standard transactions and a solid stream of men coming in in polo shirts asking which bourbon you're hiding in the back.
Speaker 2: I'm not wrong, I'm.
Speaker 1: Correct, because I'm also part of the problem. That's your day, that's basically your day in a nutshell, you know, with whatever duties you have, but from a conversational standpoint ninety nine point nine percent, and then you're just mining your own business and this sea cow waddles in.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we're closing in on almost five pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: Time, and I've been Okay, obviously this is day of the election.
Speaker 2: Raw, should we do this to the audience?
Speaker 3: Oh, we definitely should.
Speaker 1: But they're just minding their own business, getting ready to go to work. Maybe they got weekend plans with the family, probably feeling pretty good. If they are Trump voters, they're having a good week. Why why would we Why would we do this? Although you know, rosted it to me, so there you go.
Speaker 5: Okay, So we're closing in on almost five pm Eastern time, and I've been trucking everything that's been going on across the country today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the most important encounter when.
Speaker 2: I why do they always laugh like lunatics? Champaign?
Speaker 5: I was talking to the guy in the store, of course, asking him did he vote, and he said he did early voting, and he asked me if I early voted, and he asked me. You know why I was getting the champagne and I said, because I'm going to be toasting Madam President tonight. And he just looked at me with kind of like a smirk on his face, and I said, you know she's going to win this, right He said, oh, well, it's very very close, and I said, no, it's not.
Speaker 8: He says, well, what do you mean.
Speaker 5: I said, no, it's not. The women of America are making their voices heard. Reproductive rights is what it all comes down to, and the women are voting in numbers relative to men that are unbelievable. She's won this. And I said to him, she's going to take every one of the swing states plus TuS Iowa. And he said, oh, but the numbers are so close. I said, I'm a political analyst. I'm telling you right now, the numbers are there. She's taking this election that I've said.
Speaker 9: To him, you realize And he didn't tell me who he voted for, but of course I knew, and I said, you do realize you wasted your vote, right, And I didn't care.
Speaker 2: I walked out with my bottle of.
Speaker 7: Champagne and happily walked home. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: First off, listen, who does that? Who is out randomly at a place and people are doing it? A complete stranger? Did you vote? That's weird if I'm in the no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Hold on, not a complete stranger.
Speaker 1: Remember that is a guy who is forced to engage with her because of his occupation.
Speaker 3: I'm in an elevator at work. I'm leaving and there's somebody who'd never seen before. They turned to me in the elevator and they're like, hey, well.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't get on that elevator. I wouldn't get on.
Speaker 3: I would avoid it. I would I've done that before.
Speaker 2: Seven flights of stairs.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: If it opens at nine thirty and I'm getting out of here and there's somebody and I've literally a thousand times, I'll be like he.
Speaker 1: Looks down at his phone and pretends a good important call came in.
Speaker 3: Nope, I do engage. I look at him and I say, you can go. You can. I don't want to be yeah, you have it yourself and be very nice. Yeah. But if they're like, you know, did you be like you're kind of a weird, who does that? I'm not answering, go did I vote?
Speaker 2: But he's hostage.
Speaker 1: He's hostage though he because he has to at the very least, he has to politely engage with her, because it's a customer right. If if he's a dude on the street, he can look at her and go you're insane and then just you know, walk in the other direction. He's a captive that so it's far worse what she's doing. She's not stopped, she's not man on the street interviewing people. She's walking into a situation. You know, some would say it's an imbalance of power situation.
Speaker 2: So she walks in there.
Speaker 1: This dude can't go anywhere short of like his you know, quitting, and he's and it sounds like he was playing, Ain't it exactly how you should?
Speaker 2: He wasn't really saying anything.
Speaker 3: No, because you don't want to because he's looking. Because if you're a magine listening, if you're going to profile, I posted the video in the show acoun of Casey in the radiof you're wondering what it's this person? We just played the audio. Sound like she looks exactly what you think she looks like exactly. You'll just I don't know if you've seen it. Just look at the show account. It's exactly her buzz cut. Yeah, I've seen her buscut.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: So yeah.
Speaker 3: But I'm a political analyst, and she's gonna win every swing state and she's also gonna win Iowa.
Speaker 1: It's a bonus, Madam, Madam president, did you see did I put it in the stack? The article about the New York liquor sales. No, oh, okay, I read this.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: So they were The New York Post went they interviewed, you know, some basically a bunch of guys run liquor stores in New York. And they said that it was it's always a big day. Election Day is always a big day. Except what was interesting is they they sold the same They said they had a lot of customers who initially bought champagne and toasting stuff who came back and bought tequila right right as the as the evening progressed, They're like, oh, man, I can't Can I open the mouet? No, no, I need something to you know, so I can't think anymore. And they were talking about how it was interesting because in some cases they were buying it. They didn't just come back, they bought it initially and were telling them what they were doing. They're like, this is if she wins, this is if he wins. And it was like a whole theme. And like the guy was he was perplexed as to why that was the thing that was happening.
Speaker 2: He was just happy to be selling a bunch of liquor, obviously, And.
Speaker 1: So I wanted what what I'm what I want would want to see with this video is the moment whatever network she was watching called it. Okay, yeah, I was looking for that audio. The only the only thing you could find with that is she is. Somebody wrote what her response was in post the video. Can you believe she said she was wrong because she didn't factor in the misogyny of the country.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well that'll get you.
Speaker 3: Oh and also ful, I'm sorry the misogyny and the racism of the country.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah, whoopsie, Well wouldn't you think now that would Now if you were Joe Blow on the street and you failed a factor for the what was it, misogyny of racism, right, and you failed a factor for that, that would be one thing.
Speaker 2: But isn't that her job?
Speaker 1: That's her job, right, that's you like that should be Especially with her attitude, you think it would be cooked into everything she's analyzing.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I don't believe her love.
Speaker 3: I love the Iowa thing too, because of course that woman in Iowa was a complete outlier and she ended up being wrong by like plus sixteen like she was very I think by like sixteen points or something.
Speaker 1: I was told was reliably informed that she's one of the greatest bolsters of our time.
Speaker 3: Well, she said she had to go back and look at her cross tabs and she has to go out the data. Is something went wrong with the data.
Speaker 1: Did she fail to factor misogyny and race? Yes, oh man, yeah, you shouldn't do that. Don't want to do that. Look the thing that I will take one hundred percent joy in and I will. It's not like yesterday where we were talking about these people crying on TikTok, because again they're victims in this too, they just don't know it. And and and some of them I don't care that they're victims because they're also idiots who even if you, if you, if you put it down right in front of them, with all the evidence, would never turn.
Speaker 2: And at that point you're just lost.
Speaker 1: But when we get into the professional class, when we get into the professional class, no, thank you, I will. I will revel in your pain. So, whether it's this lady or the New York Times, have you guys, did you guys see what the New York Times all the opinion the editorial department decided to do. So they brought all the editorial folks in. They were all, I saw the dude. I'm on the monkey thing. I'll get to it in a moment. Monkey news coming. Hang on, So uh where where was I?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the New York Times gets the whole editorial board in there.
Speaker 1: They sit them down one by one and they make this little cutesy two minute video and it's it's like, it's like, uh, this is probably somebody's gonna get upset of it.
Speaker 2: Whatever, I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's like it looks like those videos that they film right before they go blow up their vest. Okay, it looks like, as somebody, it looks like the jonestown.
Speaker 2: Hey, here's why we're drinking the.
Speaker 1: Kool aid video Like it's crazy sad and and by the way, ross to do with the glasses. That's an alien, right if we if we're if it was men in black, that dude was clearly the alien.
Speaker 2: One of these dudes has a very nique.
Speaker 3: No no, no, You open up the shirt and it's like an alien holding a stick with a head on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, yeah, no question, one hundred percent. But also he's a thought leader. Here here, let me let me ruin your day with a little bit of this.
Speaker 8: The worst version of a Donald Trump administration is very very bad, one that is not only extremist, but also effective in that.
Speaker 10: Extremistsm emboldened by a series of Supreme Court rulings, you know, perhaps bolstered.
Speaker 2: By I can't again. I struggle if I should do this to the ross.
Speaker 1: Is there a way we can inflict this on the audience but not make them want to throw themselves off a cliff?
Speaker 2: Can we?
Speaker 3: I have found more lighthearted version. If they improves it, it proves the quality of the video for the listener.
Speaker 2: Sure, so that would be the Thing's.
Speaker 1: An improvement, right, and you don't want to Yeah, ran down the butt bars has improved?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I thought it was just an audio quality.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, all right, all right here did I don't want you like slamming yourself into a center divider in your car out of frustration.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't want that for you. So here we go.
Speaker 8: The worst version of the Donald Trump administration is very very bad.
Speaker 6: I guess not own.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is so much extremist.
Speaker 6: But also effective in the.
Speaker 10: Extremism emboldened by a series of Supreme Court rulings, you know, perhaps bolstered by support in both Houses of Congress. You know, Trump will fulfill his promise to be a dictator.
Speaker 5: On day one, he sends truth into neighborhoods like my own to try to round up undocumented immigrants.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: He sent troops in the neighborhoods like yours to round up I promise you this woman doesn't live in the middle of a barrio. Okay, there's you know, New York Times. She lives on the Upper east Side somewhere. She's got who farted faced the whole time.
Speaker 6: She just.
Speaker 1: No, no, nobody's nobody on uh, you know, East forty seventh is is having the is getting swat rated by ice shut off.
Speaker 2: That's up a network camps, mass deportations.
Speaker 4: It would likely pungs the United States into something like the procession because.
Speaker 2: Tariffs likewise, whoa ross.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if we were plunged into a recession, how horrible that would be?
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, I saw somebody mentioning yesterday. They were like, just wait until these Trump people, you know, suddenly can't afford groceries or their mortgage or their rent. In the first pot. The first comment underneath it was, bro, that's what we're living with right now. That's that's the.
Speaker 2: World right now.
Speaker 1: Uh, all right, anyway, we're going to finish this out.
Speaker 2: Buckle in were made.
Speaker 1: There's another nineties I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but you know what, it's for your own good.
Speaker 4: Promised to crisis from most Americans and cause costs to go up dramatically.
Speaker 8: That version of Trump could result in abandoning Ukraine to advancing Russian WHO armies, could result in extraordinarily erratic foreign policy in the Middleast and Donald Trump often talked about things like bombing Mexico to deal.
Speaker 3: With drug cartels.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, he didn't say bomb Mexico to deal with them. He said, could we use the military to intercede in fighting the drug cartels? Which is a legitimate question because the military can serve in another country, just not here. We have a thing for that starts with posse, you know it.
Speaker 2: He's talking.
Speaker 1: He's talking about utilizing military And by the way, sometime we use military force, but we don't use force. We use the technical abilities of the military to get into it. But it also but he's not just saying, hey, Mexico. We're going to go blow up some haciendas, you know, down in Guadalajara.
Speaker 2: Right, that's not what he's talking about. I'm sorry. We still have a minute stock.
Speaker 5: Him from doing that, but there's not going to be any adults in the room this time.
Speaker 3: The worst version of the Trump administration is seeks various forms of retribution against Trump's enemies, real and perceived.
Speaker 4: He uses the power given to him to harass and undermine his political opposition.
Speaker 12: This leads to substantial resistance mass protests, and also drives his enemies into a cycle of radicalization and intensifying unrest and conflict.
Speaker 1: And oh, you mean the people shooting at him, So it's his for the crime of existing lunatics who probably reads your paper and love everything you put in it are shooting at him, and that's his fault.
Speaker 2: Thought leaders man, there, these are the smartest.
Speaker 4: People process doing profound and possibly permanent damage to American democracy.
Speaker 3: Basically, when nothing we can do by voting or using our existing institutions will reverse the consolidation of power.
Speaker 4: They are democracy ending if really manifests in the ways that he and other conservatives have discussed it.
Speaker 3: And I have a great fear.
Speaker 11: That's exactly what it's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Over next week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you if you're a wondering, well, how's the media going to react this?
Speaker 2: There you go. It's going to be the same.
Speaker 1: But my very important question and get answer because I haven't asked it, and I will do that coming up next and we'll.
Speaker 2: Get the uh, the.
Speaker 1: Monkey story and just two words on the question. You're ready, Susie Wiles. If you don't know, you will find out next hang on, I don't know. I feel like we've got some stuff to talk about, probably the monkeys.
Speaker 2: You don't know what the monkeys.
Speaker 1: I promise you within just like two minutes, you're gonna you're gonna know and be and it will perhaps it'll ruin your whole weekend. Maybe if you were thinking, hey, we're gonna go down to I don't know, myrtle or something, but don't let it do that. Or maybe it'll be amazing and you'll have a new forty three new friends. Uh, well, we'll we'll tell you. There was one other thing ross And had downed upon me. I mentioned yesterday I had some downtime. I hadn't been to a movie. Literally to a movie theater in years years, and so I'm like, I'll go watch the New Venom. I just need something to turn my brain off. It's been a week. Yeah, kind of a weird week obviously.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 1: So I go there and I there was one other thought. And by the way, I thought the movie was fine, right if they if you just want superhero slock some some funny parts, some believable story well as believable as the storyline can be about aliens merging with human hosts. But okay, all right, and and they kind of poke fun at this left. I don't know, this kind of moon Bat family. But it's not political, so I don't even want to say it like that. It was, you know, it was just that kind of But the whole time, there was another thought going through my brain. How did we get screwed out of that Punisher TV show?
Speaker 2: What happened with that?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 2: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: That was if you haven't seen the especially the first season, because they did what two seasons?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's the show. It was a Shane from The Walking Dead played the main guy.
Speaker 2: Right now, it's Tom Hardy, right, was it not Tom Hardy?
Speaker 3: The one I'm thinking about the Punisher one? It was the dude from Walking Dead?
Speaker 1: Okay, well maybe I was confused, well well, but still regardless, who what?
Speaker 2: How did we get screwed out of that show?
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: I'm Johnny come lately on this. What happened to that show?
Speaker 3: You're talking?
Speaker 1: I'm talking the one from just a few years ago?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like what happened to that show? Why did I think it was Tom Hardy? It doesn't but it doesn't matter also because now I'm just like, what happened to that show?
Speaker 2: It didn't? Was it not moon Baddie enough? Did it not?
Speaker 1: Did the Punisher not come out to his parents enough? I mean, what what is?
Speaker 2: What do they want?
Speaker 3: What happened if I remember it correctly, was there was some mass shooting and the show was taken like it was like a gun thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, they copsed it. They did what they did to your your PUTUUR live? What was it live PD at the time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, yeah, yeah. John Berthall plays the man gutting that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah you know what you're you're absolutely yes, I'm a picture in my head right now from the Gangster movies too, you're absolutely right. I don't know why I thought it was Tom, but my point stands, how do we get screwed out of that show?
Speaker 2: That was a great That first season was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a big story at the time because they were like this, this show promotes guns and gun violence, and we need to take it.
Speaker 2: Down, all right, I guess I vaguely remember that. I don't.
Speaker 1: The problem is just so much I have to, like I have to purge parts of my brain or I just don't know that we'll be able to function. But if we're all killed by primates with who the hell knows diseases, Although I want to be abundantly clear the primate facility in question, they breed, I don't know that they're shooting them up with stuff, and then they sell them to, you know, the doctor Fauci's of the world so they can cut their vocal cords out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm sorry. Is that just beagles?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it wasn't just beagles. It was also primates. That's right, So that's what's But this is down in Yamassey. I don't even know how to say. It's South Carolina. Apparently a few dozen of them got together and like, boys, we're out of here.
Speaker 2: And they did it forty three.
Speaker 1: Prim test primates, I guess it would be the way to describe it. Have decided they didn't want to be in captivity anymore. So they're now running around South Carolina, which is going to be a problem when it gets colder. They don't do so well when it gets colder. And yes, even though it's South Carolina, it will eventually be there. But yeah, they're they're on the lamb Man doing their thing, doing monkey stuff. And let me tell you that includes uh, let's see thievery. I can tell you this. I can tell you this because the first, like the first time, I went to a part of Costa Rica called Manuel Antonio.
Speaker 2: If any of you have ever had a vacation there, you know, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 1: And I have this really sweet patio on this this this rental area with an airbnb. It was, but it's kind of like an Airbnb, and I'm like, this is going to be amazing. And I'm sitting out on the patio that evening when I get there, I'm shooting the brim My cousin's with me.
Speaker 2: We're having a good time or.
Speaker 1: Just you know, talk about it, and I'm like, I set my beer down and I go inside to use the bath. I come back and I kept on my beer and I so I asked my kind I'm like, dude, you steal my beer?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Because he had gone inside too, and he's like, nah no, and I for the whole rest of the evening, I'm like, bro stole my beer. And then the next day happens again, and I realized there's like three monkeys watching us. And then if if anybody clears there and there's anything on the patio, they're off with it. So, you know, then it was amusing as hell. I mean, I still don't want him drinking my beer, but I thought that was so. I don't know, I don't I don't know what these forty three prime but there may be some dude thinks he's losing his mind.
Speaker 3: But I would say, you were just to stumble across, like.
Speaker 2: What happens to my beer? What keeps happening if you're.
Speaker 3: To stumble across one of these escaped primates?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is the law regarding taking at home? Is it like finders keepers or is it like the geese?
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's South Carolina, and this is America, so it should be right.
Speaker 3: But I don't know because they just executed a squirrel, so I'm not sure what the rules are.
Speaker 1: Well, that was in New York. Do you feel that the same people in New York are running South Carolina? South Carolina.
Speaker 3: I don't know the crazy people running this lab or what they're doing to them, So I have no idea. But if I could have, like, I.
Speaker 1: Think they're just breeding them, all right, they Yeah, I don't think it's the dust I don't think Dustin Hoffman's showing up in the moons.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying if I find one and I bring it home and Marky's like, what is this monkey doing in the living room? Like, hey, listen, not as bad as you think. It's a mutated lab monkey. It's even better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's true. That is true. Here's what here's what I would tell you.
Speaker 1: You want to you want a full proof plan on this, you don't You need about five of them, and they need to be able to stand on each other's shoulders. And then you want to get a trench code, right, and a name, And that's your cousin in town visiting, what's your wife going to say about that. It's like, oh, Ross has a weird cousin whatever. That's how you get away with it. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know if it's finders keepers, but I promise you there's people in South Carolina right.
Speaker 2: Now who think it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's gonna be amazing because then you know they'll be like, uh, sir, where'd you get that monkey?
Speaker 2: Cause you can't be like I found it.
Speaker 3: You can just thinking they knocking your door. They're like, sir, or you got a mutated monkey in your living room, and you're like, they come on in the whole swat team and stuff and the ready yeahecute, the poor poor whatever whatever peanut or whatever the monkey's name is. Yeah right peanut, Yeah, escape monkey.
Speaker 1: This is my misses.
Speaker 2: It's a family heirloom. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been passed down. It's my great grandfather's monkey. Yeah, apologize to the monkey. Get out of here. There's swat stuff. I don't know. I don't know anybody going down to South Carolina. I guess we're a little late in the sea, although the weather's okay. Yeah, maybe saying you got a place down in myrtle she go, you should go find a monkey, send us photos if you find one, but be prepared to have a good backstory. Okay, all right, let's talk about backstory, shall we. I am really confused about something this morning, and I am gonna need assistance and understanding this ross. We know misogyny is a big factor. Hence we were just talking about it with the upholster lady. You forgot to factor it in. That's why she got stuff. And we know that apparently for a fact, that Donald Trump wants to go full Handmaid's Tale or whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we saw we had that video.
Speaker 1: We played the insane video we played again yesterday from a week a week ago where they said that Elon and dvance because Trump dies in that video, and then they turned themselves into dictatorial Uh what was it immortal AI, super people or something? Right, They're just so much crazy there. But part of the crazy was stripping all the rights from women. No reproductive are essentially cattle. At this point, he just named a woman as chief of staff. Does she have to wear the red outfit or does she get a Is she the one woman who gets a pat I'm very curious why he just named Susie Wiles, who, by the way, I don't know if you guys know, this is the daughter of Pat Somemmarole, the broadcaster, and as one idiot on Twitter from the is he in the Des Moines Register say it's from one Some Midwest newspaper said that her performer, this could tarnish Pat Somerle's legacy. I want to repeat that again, the daughter who's sixty seven. She's sixty seven, by the way, so arguably she's an adult making her own decisions. This lunatic said could tarnish Pet Somerrall's legacy.
Speaker 2: I think he'll be fine. I think he'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Remember he was the other dude in the booth during the monkey comments, and not the monkeys I'm just talking about, but the famous NFL you're out of here that was it was somewhere I was on that broadcast team. I'm not saying he did anything. I'm just pointing out that, like the mere existence of his daughter happen to work for Trump, a man who hates women, who now becomes the first female chief of staff in the history of the United States. How much do you think how much do you think that point is going to be made on the regular.
Speaker 2: They it can't. They have to.
Speaker 1: Turn her into missus Hitler. Okay, that's what they have to do, that's what they're god. I mean, they don't have to, but in their mind they think they have to. So for all these Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're gonna turn her into you know, Sarah Huckabee Sanders or Kaylee mcaninney, or they're gonna remember Richard Grenell openly guests gay member of Trump's administration.
Speaker 2: And Peter Tiel. And Peter Tiel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the first ever what he was, wasn't he like the ambassador to Germany or something? And they were like, yeah, he's gay, but he's not really gay because he's a Republican. They're gonna tah, Yeah, she's a woman, the first of a woman chief of staff, but she's not really a woman because she's Republican.
Speaker 1: And I want to be clear, I don't care if the chief of staff is a man or a woman. You know how we feel on this show. I think a lot of this stuff is dumb. There are instances where it's not dumb, right, Like when you had a race barrier in a sport and then you had some you know, the first guy. I understand that, but it's not like a woman couldn't have been chief of staff up to this point. I know that you feminists don't want to hear that, but it's true. And arguably the feminists are the worst at tearing down some other women. I'm not even gonna get into the whole stereotypical women hating other women in the workplace stuff. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about you want these things you you you love to celebrate these things you say you do, and then when they happen, like you get the first black lieutenant governor, you you you put them in a cartoon seeing he's a member of the Klan. Yeah, they're going to evisceerate this woman, and it's going to be women doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Mark Robertson, I mean he was you know, he's an effort. He's black, but he's not really black because he's republished. Yeah, yeah, they Yeah, that doesn't count. Apparently.
Speaker 1: I promise you that the the blowhards on CNN and MSNBC, the Rachel Maddows of the world, they're going to eviscerate, They're going to take join it, and it will come across that they're taking more join in it than just making fun of Stephen Miller or somebody, you know, somebody for the first time around who they decided to turn into essentially, you know, the head of the s S or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh it's going to be ugly, man. Really? Oh hold on, ross very poll what.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's sir. You're not following along, dude. I just saw this headline The Punisher is coming back. Yes, no, but it's not they said aunt this guy. No, no, he's gonna make an appearance in the Daredevil movie. That's not the show, sir. We're talking about the show. I mean, that's great, but that's that's not that's not what we meant.
Speaker 2: Why did you do that to me?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man, I was so excited going to click through. I should have just only read the subject line. Have you not seen Kingdom of Planet? I've seen all of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think the monkeys can talk, sir. However, if they maybe somebody should see if they can, because if they can talk, we have a bigger conversation to have, you know what I mean, Like, why do you have talking monkeys?
Speaker 2: What were you actually doing with them?
Speaker 1: And not just breeding, which is kind of how they're describing this, that they just breed them and then they send them off to have their brains dissected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you got talking monkeys? Let me know. And here's the other thing.
Speaker 1: If anyone from the government shows up anywhere in in the Carolinas over the weekend and they're wearing the the you know, the the bubble suit, you leave now because that road is not going to be passable for very long. If you see those cats in there in their pandemic suits roaming around your little neck of the woods, you need to you take your family and you get the hell out of there, because they're gonna nuke you.
Speaker 3: I mean in South Carolina, So you might not be able to drive on the roads anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to be fair, but even after they nuke the roads will be essentially in the same state.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm sorry, do something about your road.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't I shouldn't be if.
Speaker 2: I here's the deal.
Speaker 1: If Ross was driving, all right, we're driving, we're driving to Disney whatever, and for whatever reason, I'm along for the road trip. If I'm sitting in the back of his suv blindfold to can't see any thing, and I can tell that we just crossed into South Carolina. You have a roads problem. You got a roads problem, man.
Speaker 3: I think the only state worse I've ever driven on is Mississippi. Just awful. It's it's worse.
Speaker 2: Yeahs Mississippi.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've ever been off the interstate in Mississippi to experience the full breadth of what they have there.
Speaker 2: But you're right, it wasn't good. I've driven.
Speaker 1: I've driven from Raleigh to New Orleans and you got first, you got to drive the nine thousand miles that is our state, and then from there go to Chattanooga and then cut through Alabama part of Mississippi there, and yeah, Alabama had a cop on every exit, and Mississippi forgot that you gotta pave all of the road. But South Carolina, man, is not good. It's also why there's a giant traffic jam right when you cross the border there anytime it's nice out. But that's another story for another day. All right, eight eight eight nine seven eight seven four. We have more audio you gots to hear coming up here on the Cacoday radio program. All Right, I just got hit with Russ as the piece of news. You spent the entire one billion dollar show budget. It's all gone in three months. We have a billion dollar allocation for the show here. What would you how did you spend a billion dollars in three months? And uh, we're we're in debt, that would be the question. Okay, that's not technically the show budget. That's the Democrat Party, who is twenty million dollars in debt having blown through a billion dollars. Let's say this again, a billion dollars in what three months?
Speaker 3: I mean, you read the news in your leg it's still on brand for the Democratic Party though a.
Speaker 1: Billion, one billion dollars on It's it's I mean that in and of itself, that there's a billion dollars raised on just one of the sides. But you know, we've been we've been going there, but to have so little to show for it and almost no idea where it went. The theory is essentially all those concerts.
Speaker 2: That might be where the money went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to know how much Beyonce got for that stroll across the stage without a performance, and how much more it would have cost if she performed or eminem right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, everybody, lady, remember Lady Gaga was up in Pennsylvania on the last night.
Speaker 3: Like how much money did they get for doing that?
Speaker 2: And I and here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it confirmed that the independent artists were paid. I firmly believe they were, but I just want to be clear, I have not seen that. But there's also when you were doing those concerts. Remember, because a lot of these were concerts I know that we talked about were Beyonce twice they wrote a dope them with Beyonce, But a lot of these were concerts, and that's how they were getting people to the arena. They're like, hey, you want to free and then you know, insert whatever act it is Cardi B thing in Atlanta, Right, you want a free Cardi B concert, Come to this Harris rally.
Speaker 2: Will lecture you for a few minutes and then she'll do a few songs.
Speaker 3: Not just the performers at the concert, but also the buses being brought in from out of Step to the rallies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you had influencers who have like ten thousand followers who were being told that they would give them like fifteen hundred dollars for posts, right, and like the cost benefit on it wasn't even like they didn't even punch.
Speaker 2: The numbers or crunch the numbers.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, Yeah, no one, middle of the road streamer, you know, mildly successful.
Speaker 1: I saw you the woman who was talking about this last week. She was offered like fifty thousand dollars she turned out. Yeah, all she had to do was essentially ignore everything she had recorded up to that point and see the light. That's what they wanted, and they were willing to essentially buy her a really nice car. So yeah, can I see that they blew through a sure? Absolutely absolutely. The only person I think you could have blown the money faster is Diddy, that dude man. All right, ladies, yeah, I made that transition.
Speaker 2: What of it?
Speaker 1: You know why because some of those same people that were doing concerts for Kamala were probably at Diddy parties.
Speaker 2: In fact, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 1: I know for a fact that some of the people were at Didty parties who were who were stumping because Dada done Jenny from the block, right, yeah and usher and usher or I'm sorry, be mispronounced thank you, thank you, thank you. Uh yeah, yeah, new report out one of Ditty's freak offs. Uh require he spent five hundred thousand dollars to have a room, an entire room built only of mirrors. Yeah, four ceiling walls, everything, nothing but mirrors. And then just super orgy right in the middle of the thing. And he he laid out five hundred thousand for the one part. What I wonder what happened in the mirror room other than wind decks? I hope all the wind decks?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being Didy's maid? Can you imagine being his maid?
Speaker 3: I mean enter the dragon? You remember all the blood and the mirrors.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a little different, but maybe not. I don't know. Well, you've heard how long these things would go on?
Speaker 2: Right? What what? You're the one who brought it up? You you you you went there? I didn't.
Speaker 1: I'm just innocent here. I'm just like, oh my gosh, how a room full of mirrors?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I just like you're his maid. You just show up on Monday. You're like, hey, how was your weekend? Do they just quit? Did you just have to hire a new maid every week? They're like nah, no, no, no, no, no no no. There's not enough lemon pledge in the world. Man, You're not touching that so yeah, I think Diddy could probably, but like even Brewster is like, damn, a billion.
Speaker 2: Dollars in three months? Who does that?
Speaker 1: I was angry at myself yesterday because I didn't realize the movie was eighteen dollars and the soda was eight dollars, and I was mad at myself for like almost thirty dollars in just to go, you know, two hour movie. And I'm like, I have like three streaming services on my laptop.
Speaker 2: What am I doing here?
Speaker 3: I mean, the only thing you think of they overpaid for these celebrity endorsements and the influencers, or did they just steal the money because at first, where'd the money come from? That billion dollars? Because it's always brought up right and then you go.
Speaker 2: To it, but it is stealing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's another thing entirely. That's another thing entirely. And by the way, more insight into this is being shopped by people who were in the Kamala Harris campaign with their names out there, who are like, you're not going to believe where all this money went. Let's do a store. I mean, they're openly shopping this stuff with their names out there, including the co chair of the co chair of the I can't remember which state it is, basically the co chair of the Harris campaign for one of the swing states. He's like, dude, you talk to me. You're not even gonna believe it. Yeah, they're over paining, but it but but this is how the theft occurs. This is when they talk about redistribution of wealth. This is how this happens. This is this is it is not just democrat, it's it's a It's a part of politics, right. The the the sow is there, there's there's tits of plenty, and everyone's attached to and that's where that's where this money goes.
Speaker 2: This is just it out in your face. Think about that.
Speaker 1: If you were a if you were an influencer, even if you're not somebody who's particularly political, all you had to do is go over to them, show them your follower count, and they'd cut you a fat check if you've made a little video and and and it didn't matter anything that you'd done to that point, It didn't even matter really what if your follower count made sense for the dollar amount they were offering you. That chick that got offered fifty thousand dollars has a lot of followers, but not for They had to incentivize her to that level because she's trashing her own brand. And so you know, the money flows through there, and it flows through these consultants and these polsters.
Speaker 2: And you know for internal.
Speaker 1: Polling and stuff like that, and it just that's that's always part of politics. It's just the audacity of the dollar amount we're talking about here. It's just so incredible, and especially like we told you yesterday, when you have stories where four bros Are sitting in a room running these a wildly successful social media campaign for the next president and it's just four guys in their twenties, just just with phones and and uh, you know, not enough sleep. And they best did a war room. There's no other way. They called it the war room because they posted the photo of the warriors ross you remember the warriors from the Harris campaign social media war room?
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I do?
Speaker 1: Yet is what eighteen twenty something year old women versus four twenty something year old dudes. Sorry, you got destroyed, You got absolutely demolished, and you had the amount of resources that you had was off the charts, and you still didn't do anything with them and and like your only thing, the only saving grace in your mind is the media now pretending like it again it's.
Speaker 2: A close race. It was a close race, a close race.
Speaker 1: And then that's what you have to tell yourself because now you're not going to reflect and go, man, did we were bad at that?
Speaker 2: Every one of.
Speaker 1: These cats will probably have a job next cycle, even your candidate. Your candidate got absolutely demolished because of the decisions you made and and the inability to actually and and Rossid said this, it's a great analogy to stop for a moment and go, hey, well, we're gonna spend this money. What are we getting and are we going to continue if we don't feel that we're getting it?
Speaker 2: Didn't care.
Speaker 1: They're just like, write another check, go ahead, that's fine, we got We'll get more donor money. That's where the legacy of this gets really weird, because if you this is why donors are so angry. They just they just watched you take their credit card and uh, you know, and you're gonna go do something and instead you went to uh a beata on spring break?
Speaker 2: Right. They just spend all their damn money.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile the candidate, the candidate the candidate lost by almost one hundred electoral votes. I can't stress this enough. Almost one hundred, what eighty five or whatever lost the popular vote. They'll probably want to outlaw that ross. So they are they outlawing the popular voter. We're gonna have an anti popular vote campaign. Now, have you seen anything on the horizon?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, because that's got to go right.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: The funny thing, did you hear with the walls the law he tried to pass in Minnesota? Well, I don't think I passed it, but they obviously didn't. But what he had proposed was that the person that actually won the popular vote would get the electoral votes of Minnesota, which would have been hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that compact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the Colorado started that, but they it kicks in once they have enough to get to two seventy. Yeah, they've been trying. They've been trying that all over, all over, and it's you know, it's all Moonbat's states doing it. No, but none of it mattered. You spend a billion dollars, you can't. Kamaly got deed. Kamally got so destroyed. Doug should be in the corner filming it. I'll let you figure out what that joke is. The point is, don't hold your head high if you're in this business and you watch, and I don't care if you're on the right or the left. The fundamental way in which that was run and the unaccountability for the dollars here will have lasting impact on the trust that donors have in you.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at the games they made in New York and California, the Trump campaign and ano they're call in New Jersey a swing state. They want Scott Pressler to go up to New Jersey and they're panickaing.
Speaker 1: They're also panicking because they they thought they were going to make it.
Speaker 2: They didn't run.
Speaker 1: They didn't realize the Latino vote was going to go that way, right, they're perplexed by that. But more importantly, absolutely, flooding the zone with Latinos for census purposes and the allocation of things, even if they're not able to vote, is a thing, and it's clearly a thing that they're doing. And they have just realized that if the mindset of those individuals is that of and they're not able to vote, and then the mindset of the people around him is not to give you that state. You essentially just seated twelve additional congressional districts to the Republicans in the twenty thirty census. You done screwed up. There's a different word I would use. I don't know how all that would play out, but that is a realization that some of these folks who are who were routing this honor having today. Oh man, look at the clock. I'm so sorry, seven forty seven raced agic.
Speaker 2: Standing by dude.
Speaker 1: There's dude, there's monkeys out here trying to kill us, or maybe not. Or Ross has a monkey. He claims it's an Airloo monkey from his great grandfather. I think he just found one and thinks he's going to keep it. It's a familial monkey.
Speaker 13: That yeah, leave alone.
Speaker 2: What what is that?
Speaker 1: That's not even a thing. So anyway, so there's I guess now there's still forty two of them. And then I'm waiting for Gustin Hoffman to show up in that in the in the puffy suit. So the one that we're gonna get nuked?
Speaker 2: What the hell? Now?
Speaker 1: You better give the monkey some good weather man, And they do not. They're not going to deal well, if it gets cold down there.
Speaker 13: Well we'll get into a little fog. That's this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so it's soup. It's soup in the triang Yeah, it's soup advisory.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they got an advisory. Then's fog advisory goes right through the triangle. Tryad a warm weather, that's really what it is. We've had some slightly cool air over the warm ground. Eighty two yesterday Triad record eighty two at Raleigh, but it was not a record. The record stands at eighty four. Here's your normals. We haven't touched this in a while. Mid sixties is where the normal high should be. The normal low should be in the low forties. Temperatures this morning from Statesville to high Point, Greensboro, Fayetteville, Raleigh, even out toward Rocky Mountain are already in the mid sixties. So we've just about surpassed our average high for this time of year. So once again today, another mild day. The clouds, fog will go away. We're up near eighty again this afternoon. Eighties the record in Raleigh last set in nineteen eighty six.
Speaker 6: Eight.
Speaker 13: He's the record at the Triad, last set in nineteen fourteen. So there's a pretty.
Speaker 2: Such a nerd.
Speaker 1: You're such a nerd man, Well a good way, but you still are so I.
Speaker 13: Know, Well, I just try to add to the story instead, you know, I try to just give a little more back.
Speaker 2: I gotcha, I got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do what we do.
Speaker 6: But there's cooler weather.
Speaker 13: Tomorrow is going to beautiful, back to the mid sixties and sunshine Sunday, some showers in the afternoon and at night, and then Veterans Day in the morning. Maybe some showers around. Will be in the low sixties on Sunday, lit to mid seventies by Monday, and then Tuesday looks like the sun's back. Same thing for Wednesday, lower to middle sixties around, and we may see some more rings toward the end of next week. Now, I just want to we probably don't have the next hour. I'll you talk about the drought.
Speaker 1: So okay, well that's depressing, look forward to that.
Speaker 13: Well you're excited, pins and needles.
Speaker 3: I bet yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, thanks appreciate it, man, and we'll come back in just a few hang on on the Caseo Day Radio program coming up here in just a few moments.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: Chat with Pete calender, a lot of busy week you know, lots of stuff to get into.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that'll be thank you. That's weird.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Ross, just loading some mod therecho. Wow, I had to refresh the I've never had to do that on this Okay. I'm in the Greensboro studio, so everything's at the behest of VPN. All right, So this is from the This is from vm I. This is the Virginia Military Institute, and they are announcing the results of the presidential election. Let's see how the cadets feeling.
Speaker 7: Uncial question is do ja.
Speaker 2: Huh, let's go who.
Speaker 1: No, that's weird. What do you think, Ross, what do you thanks driving that? Do you think it's just it's just pure toxic masculinity right?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: Or do you think that maybe folks who could find themselves, I don't know in a combat zone might have some thoughts as to who's in charge.
Speaker 3: I think they're like, yay not World War three. You look at the news that broke yesterday that who thieves are like, hey, we're done with everybody's watch everybody. Yeah, I like peace now, And Hamas is like, hey what about that peace thing? And Putin is like, hey, we should negotiate peace. That's a legal yeah, and eleven. President eleven over there in China's like, you know what's cool, We respect you and we want some peace.
Speaker 2: Weird hunh Yeah an hour ago.
Speaker 1: And to help get us there, we welcome in our radio buddy to the South Middays WBT, and a guy who, no doubt listening to me broadcasts from my Greensboro studio, is super jealous of the amount of compression I have on this microphone.
Speaker 2: Pete Calender, what's up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That thing? Is that thing windowed? Or what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I mean it almost like you're in a padded room someplace.
Speaker 2: Well I should be after this week, man, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, all right, where do we even start? Give me the give me the Pete Calender?
Speaker 2: I told you so hot take We'll start there.
Speaker 6: So well, okay, So first off, I just I never make predictions on elections because I'm not good at it. And I learned my lesson in twenty sixteen because I believed the people who said they knew what they were doing, and so I lost any kind of confidence in the polsters and in the pundits and such, and so I gave it all up in twenty sixteen, and I got to think, you know, I think I'm better for it because I just let the stuff play out. And so that's what we watched. And now we can kind of look back and look at the exit polling and wow, Like I was not aware that there were so many white supremacist Hispanic emp there and misogynist women more. Yeah, and so uh no, I look at this as I look at this as a repudiation of the media, and people are sick of the gas lighting. There was one stat I saw where Trump did not carry any single age demographic of voter except gen X. Generation X was the only cohort that voted for Trump over Harris, And of course that then inspired the wrath of a lot of you know, very sad leftists who are like, what happened to you, gen X? And it's like, like, dude, this is how we've always been. We remember times before the doom scrolling and the and social media, and we're just sick of your crap. Like that's what this I think came down to is people were just tired of being gas lit all the time. And I think what we're seeing now is a rage in the legacy media outlets by people who joined that profession in order to have influence. And I think what they are realizing, even if they're not acknowledging it, is that they actually do not and it should force some sort of an introspection like how did we get this so wrong? Yet again? Why are we you know, not in touch with more than half of the American public. But I, you know, just give them that experience. I don't think it's going to happen. I don't think the introspection is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I'm on team that there's no way because like the if we if we could talk for nine hours, I wouldn't get through all of this. But you have to admit. If there's one thing we can all admit it was it was very close?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I read? I read how close it was? Again? This morning? He won by what eighty? What did he went? Eighty eighty five electoral votes?
Speaker 6: What was it?
Speaker 2: Three twelve?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty five and the popular vote in all the swing states. And did you and did you hear the audio of the woman talking about buying champagne and harassing the store clerk?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, what was she like a political.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Guru Guru Gouru Douru.
Speaker 1: And she's a polycy professor because of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's just like people.
Speaker 1: Even if people showed up wanting to vote for Harris, I'm convinced if they ran into this woman, they voted Trump. One goes, yes, you're making me, you're forcing my hand. But no, in all seriousness, there were two things that I thought were very fascinating and piggyback on your point about how little influence these people are realizing that they have. One was the Alex Did you see the story about Brucewitz, right, who was tasked with essentially setting up the podcast strategy was maximized Men hold women, I.
Speaker 2: Think is what they called it.
Speaker 1: And so this dude's what twenty five He goes out, he you know, he obviously is on the pot, you know, in the community with the podcasts, and also get apparently getting Trump to get back on Twitter, which I don't understand why it took him so long, but he did. And he so he puts this list together. He calls Trump and Trump stops him and goes send it to Baron, And then Baron, who's a podcast junkie picks it because Trump at this point realizes if he really has to trust somebody with a few exceptions, it's gonna be family. And he leaned into that. And that was number one. Number two the social media campaign. The Trump war room was run by Price as Jojo from Jurors was convinced with their investigations, but also three others, four dudes hopped up on Zen in a room defeated over that photo of the war.
Speaker 2: The social media war room for Harris.
Speaker 1: It's like eighteen twenty three year old women in there, right, and they're like getting it done, and they had a and they blew through a billion dollars and they're in debt and they're so so four guys, five guys, we count beart six if you throw Bruce Woitz in there. Six people on new media and social media defeated your billion dollar campaign, right right.
Speaker 6: And and the three assistance, the in kind contributions that the Legacy outlets provided Harris after she was installed after the coup, and and you know, now they're trying to pretend that, oh, Biden, you know, he should have stepped aside sooner and all this, and it's like, well, wait a minute, you had sort of you know, the entire conservative media world talking about Joe Biden's cognitive decline, and you guys called us tinfoil conspiracy at people, and maybe you should. I don't know, ask how we knew that stuff, and maybe yeah. And like I said, I don't know if there's going to be an introspection among media people. I think their hubversus just too great there. Narcissism is too great. I don't think they'll do it, but I think there are some people that are actually looking at this stuff and wondering how they got it so wrung and why they are so out of touch with so many of the American population. But I think also it is the backdrop that they do not have the influence that they used to have. I've been saying since twenty twelve that elections are what media make them, and I think I have to retire that axiom because in the new digital world, like you said, six people, I mean, and that's that's really the whole point of the digital space, right, the social media space is that you can do more with less. Right you can. You can have the viral tweets and the posts and such. You don't need all of the infrastructure anymore, you're more nimble and and I think that like those two photos in comparison that you described really highlight the new dynamic. And it's just sort of like these media outlets that are trying to protect their crumbling empires, and you know, the the tighter they grasp, the more slips through their fingers.
Speaker 1: And they were in that article with the company the picture of the Harris thing, they were literally talking about how they would focus group posts, right, right, so somebody and meanwhile, the Trump dude is probably drunk, right, he's three beers in. He's like, ah, wait till you see how they're going to react to this, right, he's crap posting and absolutely murders them. So you know, yes, it definitely does highlight a changing thing. So as a result, the faster it changes, if people don't get on board with having a little introspection, the term adapt or die, that's that's where you're gonna be. You're gonna be Time magazine. Right, have you seen insane? Time and Newsweek are now compared to like when I was those were we in Civics class. We used to read Newsweek stuff. When I was in high school. That was a big deal and they're done.
Speaker 6: I mean, look at the hostage video that the New York Times put out, uh played editorial board members, and it's just like, guys.
Speaker 2: We improved it. Though, what's that we improved it?
Speaker 6: You improved it.
Speaker 8: The worst version of a Donald Trump administration is very, very bad.
Speaker 13: It is not only extremist.
Speaker 2: By the way, the guy with the glasses, that's an alien. That's an alien, right I think maybe so?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, our Area fifty one correspondent, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and here's the thing too, we are now going to be forced to deal with the effects of brainwashing about half of the country into thinking that all of this that we know, our entire society is about to collapse. This is the problem with the level of catastrophism. And this is part of the recognition that the media does not have the influence any longer. Because think about what the message has been is that Donald Trump is going to ruin everything. Donald Trump is going to destroy the democracy and people are gonna be thrown in camps and such. Right. So, if that was the message and you lost in the fashion that you lost, that is a rejection of a belief in what you have been telling them. Right, But there are still people that believe it, because that was the point of the messaging. What are these people? This is the baby Hitler question? Right, do you go back in time and kill baby Hitler? And it's no surprise that we've seen attempts on Trump's life when you have that kind of rhetoric being pumped into the society's blood stream. And then you see Biden and have us get up there and tell everybody, don't worry, it's going to be okay, We're going to be okay. It's like, well, wait a minute, so Hitler's okay.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you conceded the Hitler. You conceded the Hitler.
Speaker 6: Good, great, right, and so what so now was all of the last eight years a lie that you guys have just been lying about about the threat that he poses. It is something that is much more dangerous than people who are supposed to be the purveyors of quote the truth that they're willing to tackle and to acknowledge. And you saw what happened when carringeh On Pierre was asked about this very point, and she just got all huppy and stormed off the podium. But that's what has to happen. People need to be held to count held to account for this kind of rhetoric that is driving almost half of the country insane.
Speaker 1: Well, on the bright side, rather than focus on that, now in the Carolina as we get to spend our weekend dodging a escaped research monkeys, So at least we have that distraction. Can you keep one of them? If you find one, can you keep it? Ross was asking, I don't think no, no, and you don't know what that thing has? Well, yeah, but unless Dustin Hoffman shows up in his moon suit, you're probably okay, right.
Speaker 6: Right, But do you really want to risk that, you know? So, yeah, I think maybe that the research facility should not have like genetically enhanced the monkeys to like have an inherent knowledge of rock picking and escaping research facilities that seems have been a bad research area to operate in. That's just me. Yeah, Like if I'm running a research facility, I would not teach him how to escape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I remember we still got this is this is this is like inside the state South Carolin. Is it South Carolina where there's all the crazy monkey Island you're not allowed to land your boat on.
Speaker 2: They know about this the island, and I know maybe it's in Georgia.
Speaker 1: It's it's somewhere in South Carolina, Georgia, one of the Yeah, there's an island basically, it's there. They had a they had it, there was a primate breeding center for research, and then it wasn't and then there were just monkeys there and they just live on this island and you're not allowed, you're not allowed to physically land on the island to go on it to protect the monkeys. But people they take pictures, you know, they sit in their boat and they take pictures and probably throw fruit and stuff. But yeah, that's the whole thing. So like South Carolina's surrounded now, man.
Speaker 6: That's yeah. But if that's the case, like it's an island, how are they get how are the monkeys getting food?
Speaker 1: I don't know if they feed them or there's enough stuff. I don't know. I know, I know it's a thing like.
Speaker 6: An airlift, like a Berlin airlift, or like a Gaza peer kind of operation to get humanitarian.
Speaker 1: Or I'm assuming idiots throwing food all the time. That's what people do around monkeys.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you ever go if you ever go someplace that has monkeys and it's a tourist place you go to like Central South America, go to Asia. You know, less places have monkeys you go there, and if it's around a tourist thing, those monkeys are almost purely defendant on a dependent on a guy who brought an orange with him, right, and then they get aggressive as a result.
Speaker 6: So right, that's my concern is that if they be hooked on that kind of relationship, like at some point they're going to learn to swim if they don't already know, and then they're gonna start jumping on your boat?
Speaker 2: Are you are you?
Speaker 1: Are you making the welfare queen argument over the government assistance? No?
Speaker 6: I saw was it Project X? I think is what the name of that movie was? Right?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never saw that. That's what they're holding the Big Party or whatever. I can't remember what it was. Yeah, let me ask you another question. Let me ask you another question. What do you I want you to rate it on the Pete calendar BS scale?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay?
Speaker 1: How many times yesterday on Twitter did you see some woman CEO and I don't know why it was women posting this explaining how she called I called our biggest customer, and I told him that contract was void now because tariffs and you vote, you're a Trump guy, and so I'm going to raise your And then she always calls herself an entrepreneur, and it's like, one, you're not entrepreneurs, don't call themselves up. But two you called your biggest customer and told them to screw off because of the thing you think might happen. I'll tell you what there is in business world you have to be anticipatory, okay, And that is a possibility.
Speaker 2: It's also why some people.
Speaker 1: Are making decisions right now, including what was it Steve Madden shoes right where they're going to forego transferring production out of the US till they know what's going on.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: The houthis are wanting to open like a welcome center, right.
Speaker 2: Like, all this stuff is happening and you're making crap.
Speaker 1: Up or do you think that's truthful? I got one minute, you tell me, don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of it is performative. I think what we are seeing is a mass epidemic of histrionic personality disorder. I think that's what's going on. And when you read through the symptoms and the way it manifests you know, body modification and.
Speaker 2: Uh except behavior, yes, yes, yes, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 6: So it's just there's just a there. It's it's all performative and I'm not denying that they feel this way. It's just not reality. It's all predictive in nature. And it kind of brings us back to the point of like, why I don't make election predictions is you don't know the future. You do not know the future.
Speaker 1: Ah, we do, we do around these parts. I'm sorry you don't, dude. Ross is swammy We call him swammy Man. There's a reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows, all right.
Speaker 1: And the last oh, I got a roll, Hey you think wild they're going to make wilds? Where the handmade tail outfit? Or was she be the one exempt person? Probably exempt? Anyway?
Speaker 6: I got a yeah, probably. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We'll leave it that Pete appreciate it, and we'll be right back. I have in the resources that we have available, and I know that we fight. We feel that some people are squandering them or not protecting them or you know whatever. We have an amazing country. In fact, from a geographical standpoint, I watched this fascinating thing. There is no place in the world that could have facilitated the rapid growth to where the United States started to where you know where we are today without the like the way it was designed, right with the Mississippi down the middle, and and and and a whole ton of reasons. But the thing that I really love is we are the land not just of opportunity, but the land of endless, gullible idiots.
Speaker 2: And it just makes my day.
Speaker 1: Ross have you seen the thing that read it is probably the one who's now tricked women into doing again?
Speaker 2: Did you see this? You know I saw yesterday. I'm like, didn't we already do this? We did this already, women shaving their heads, But it was a four thing at the time.
Speaker 1: Her four chance well, I don't know, trolls on the internet, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was that was a four champ thing. The last I don't know where this emanated from, but they're shaving a protest to help women or this one chick, she's doing it so that she's quote ready for Trump's camps. God, bless you, thank you for making my day. I got some stories in the stack that are making my day today, and that is uh, that bad boy is one of them. Right there, So really really appreciate that. Absolutely. You read it on the internet. It's probably true. And you know what, I'd rather do that than what this woman in Washington did, an eighty two year old white woman, and yes, her race will be important here. An eighty two year old white woman has been arrested and is charged with a hate crime after she encountered are you ready for this? Minority women who voted for Trump couldn't fathom by this fifty five year old is it doesn't and what is the.
Speaker 2: Woman she assaulted?
Speaker 1: It just says she she's minority, so I don't know if she's Asian, black, It doesn't matter. The eighty two year old woman when she found out that this is outside of Seattle, when she found out that this minority woman was a Trump supporter, she punched her. She punched her in the face, an eighty two I don't know how bad it hurt or didn't hurt, but you don't get to do that, and you and she did it while spewing expletives about the woman's race. And she couldn't comprehend the fact that somebody that she is, as a learned liberal white woman, that the minority woman wouldn't fall in line. Absolutely tds of the highest caliber. And I don't even I don't even what do you do with an eighty two year old woman? You know the problem is you'll get less jail time than the eighty some year old woman who sat in front of that abortion center.
Speaker 2: What did that woman gets? What they give her? Had ten years?
Speaker 1: Right, this woman just walked up and punched another woman in the face because of who she voted for and had eighty two years to craft the personality that made her think does is probably a good idea? This will end horribly for me, and who knows, maybe in and around Seattle it won't. I don't know, But I do know this. I got another story for you, and it ain't got nothing to do with it. Well it kind of might, it does, because, uh, we don't fully know what's going to be happening with the Russia Ukraine thing.
Speaker 2: So it's not just Russian soldiers there.
Speaker 1: They have other you know, Uh is that Romania one of a couple of the Eastern the former Soviet Bloc countries have century in North Korea and Iran uh are are in the little coast.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a big it's a group of good guys.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So North Korea has sent a bunch of soldiers who are fighting on UH for Russia in the Russia Ukraine thing.
Speaker 2: But there's a problem.
Speaker 1: They all just figured out Internet porns of thing, which is wild if you think about it, right, they have had they have not had access to any of this. They drop them there in Russia and in Ukraine, and now they have unfettered inner well to the extent that you can with the Russian Internet, but they have you know, they have they go on the Internet, and apparently it's become a big problem because they don't have individual devices. They have like community computers. Do you know where I'm going with this? And apparently it's it's it's become a huge problem in the barracks.
Speaker 2: But it's It's.
Speaker 1: Always interesting when you talk about an undiscovered tribe or the UH or people who live under a death spot who manipulates what they can see. It's always interesting when they see when they see something. You ever watch a video somebody from North Korea. I think we talked about this on the show. They had a they had a North Korea and they took to a barbecue joint. It's the food incredible to watch.
Speaker 3: It's they put the saucege in front of them, They're like, hey, what, what's your favorite sauces in North Korea? And they didn't know what they were because they have no food to put in the sauce let alone. The same no sauce.
Speaker 2: They don't need saucy. I guess you gotta have you gotta sauce something. Oh man, what is this?
Speaker 3: All right? All right?
Speaker 1: How are you such a stick in the mud some of you did this week? I'm all right, are you talking about this? It's election week? Because these guys just found thirty years of cataloged internet adult stuff they didn't know existed, and they're barely able to function. If anything, it's a it's a fascinating What do you think they're into?
Speaker 2: Russ Well, I mean.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I mean, first, they got to be shocked that, like, the women that they're looking at aren't starved.
Speaker 1: Right, emaciated, unless they're into that. There's a tab for that.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, sure there's a category for starving communists porn. I'm sure that they.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like what, they're all going to defect, right, I mean yeah, but it but it shows and I and there's probably other stuff too that's just blowing their minds, right. But the problematic part of it is, you know these are like community computers over in the barrack and and they're just taking turns going through there.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you research like the a lot of like the defectoris the people that do escape North Korea, you know, a lot of them to go through China or whatever. And it's just I was watching this one video where the guy like he escaped into China and he was just it was like a different world. It was like Wizard of Oz, like you laid your house lands and everything's in color, and you're like, and that's in China. He's linking yeah, the communist country, and he's like, this is amazing. Let alone.
Speaker 1: When you actually get to like, you know, a capitalistic country and you get to South Korea, South Korea is when they freak him out. Yeah, because they've been South three and America. They've heard about all their lives. Yeah, and it's sensory overload really yeah. Yeah, it's all their lives. They've heard that South Korea is essentially you go there, you get murdered.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And if they don't will murder you trying to get there. But if you get there, they're gonna murder you anyway, So don't do it. In the United States, you ever see the murals they have about that show the American soldiers all looking like demons.
Speaker 2: They have them everywhere in North Korea.
Speaker 1: Who was the can't remember the reporter did the big documentary over there. She had a bunch of them in there and it's it's nothing but usgi's but with demonic faces, with babies, North Korean babies on their bayonets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the same sort of propaganda in World War Two. With that you have the soldiers that were on the islands, right and when Yeah, that's why these they would remain in caves and they be hidden for like decades, these guys, because that's the kind of propaganda they were inundated with that. The American soldiers were absolute monsters. And then when they actually encountered them, they actually gave them care, like, hey, do you need a cigarette? He need some water, And they were actually shocked by it. But that's why these guys and decades.
Speaker 1: You remember the Japanese policy and they told the soldier is that if you get if you get captured and we get you back, we're going to execute you. So they told their own soldiers. If you get cap if you go pow and then somehow we get you back, we're going to kill you. So you better go you better go out fighting. That's your only option. So uh yeah, So anyway, that's a problem, and I'm sorry. I am so sorry that I'm not talking just about the election today. Wait all right, uh, let's go ahead and get Oh can we do it? Can we get sir? Do you mind if I do weather with race stage that?
Speaker 2: Can I do that? Okay? All right, I just want to make sure.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, we got some guy who's having a bad Friday whatever, but give him some hat. Actually he probably wants horrible storms and snow, so give him snow.
Speaker 2: He's such a curmudgeon. We don't have bad nah.
Speaker 13: I don't even know when.
Speaker 2: Sorry curmudgeon guy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's okay, we get those kinds of days, right, But it is Friday, and it's kind of ugly out there this morning. Visibilities are down dense fog. Advisor' expire here in the next hour or so, so slawyer role. Hopefully if you run into the fog, you don't go too crazy low beams on. It's a scattering of light thing. You put the high beams on, there's more light part and it's scattered than it. Whatever the rule is, casey low beams in the fog. Okay, we'll just leave it at that. More sun later today, and after a record at the Triad yesterday, and even though made eighty two in the Triangle that wasn't a record, the warmth does continue. I think we've got another day close to eighty degrees today Tonight, clear down to fifties, sunny, Tomorrow, mid sixties, so we do cool off a bit. Then we're seeing clouds in by Sunday, staying dry though mid to upper sixties, with the chance of showers in Sunday night Monday. Most of those showers on Veterans Day should be in the first half of the day, then some sun and back into the low to mid seventies. So through the weekend including Veterans Day, some wet weather, but it looks like it'll be Sunday night and the first part of Monday with this next front coming through. Now it's crazy to think that post a lean Now what are we almost six weeks whatever? It is a month and a half and we're talking about drought. And this is what I mentioned last hour.
Speaker 2: Casey.
Speaker 13: Now with the drought monitor which comes out at nine o'clock every Thursday morning, mark that down on your calendars, everybody, because I know that's exciting. The whole state under a d zero drought. So we are now experiencing low levels of drought. After Helene, we basically flip the switch from all that rain now to very dry conditions. There's a lot of I don't know what you'd call them, especially western parts of the state. There's a lot of brush and very dry brush too, so we're probably reaching the fire rist. It's just crazy. You get this historic event with rainfall, then you know, here you are four six, six weeks about six weeks later and you're kind of like, wow, we actually need rain. So that just gives you the lesson that you don't like rain obviously when it comes all at once like that. You like these little, kind of smaller events, but you like them to be with more frequency.
Speaker 3: So that's okay.
Speaker 1: And by the way, thank you. Now I'm gonna get the emails because you did it. No, what is Saturday? What is Saturday? Veterans Day.
Speaker 13: Right, hello, well it's celebrated Monday, though, right.
Speaker 1: Right, right, right, right, right right, but right so where it falls? So what is Sunday Marine Corps Birthday? If you don't say those two things, I didn't believe that they'll send me emails.
Speaker 2: So give us a new.
Speaker 1: All right, yeah, all right, very good, Thank you appreciate it there, Thanks for marine listeners.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: I got it to do your thing. So we'll come back with Jeff Bellenzer and may we'll make him uhrah. Next, hang on, eph what's going on?
Speaker 11: Well, good morning, case, the Federal Reserve lowered the cost of borrowing, and stocks closed mostly higher yesterday. Futures are mixed this morning. S and P and Nasdaq futures both a little bit lower. The Dow futures are up twenty three points. The interest rates were cut by a quarter of a percentage point. The Fed suggested there is some uncertainty about the pace of rate cuts going forward. P NC Bank will invest one and a half billion dollars on its branch network. PNC plans to open more than two hundred new branches in a dozen cities, including Raleigh and Charlotte, over the next five years, fourteen hundred existing branches will be renovated. Some travel companies are thinking that demand will hold up through the holidays. There were some warnings over the summer that the post pandemic travel boom was running out of steam, but Airbnb and Expedia both issued strong guidance for the current quarter. Booking Holdings released an upbeat outlook last week. Tesla now offering three year leases on its cyber truck. A seventy five hundred dollars down payment and nine hundred ninety nine dollars a month will put you into an all wheel drive version of the electric pickup, and Bloomen Brands posted a bigger than expected adjusted profit for the latest quarter. There was a small year over year decline in sales at company owned restaurants that have been opened for more than a year. Bloomen Brands case is the parent of the outback Bone Carabas and Flemings chains. Casey, all right, hey, do me a favor.
Speaker 1: Uh this Marine Corps Birthday Sunday? Will you give them an oohrah? So I stopped getting emails from people and oh yeah, okay, I love that stuff. Yeah see perfect, all right, thank you, Jeff appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Talk to you.
Speaker 2: You have a good weekend. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News Rosters just telling me something and I didn't I had not heard that.
Speaker 2: So give me the JD. Vance guinea.
Speaker 3: Since we're talking to marines reading yesterday.
Speaker 6: JD.
Speaker 3: Vance is the first marine, I guess, to ever be in the office, either president or vice president. This is this is a crazy fact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going through my I mean we've had obviously, we we've had a lot of presidents with military service, though not as many in you know, recent history. Yeah, but you know, if you look, if you got to kill we remember this, Trump's got to kill half the country right in his camp. So I guess if you want to kill a lot of people fast, you bring in a marine, right.
Speaker 3: And the best partly, you know JD. Vance was and even a commissioner and commissioned officer, right, he was a lance corporal, which is incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, m hmm, yeah, that's uh yeah, there's some I'll tell you one of the one of the craziest, uh military backgrounds.
Speaker 2: People. Some people don't think about it.
Speaker 1: People know, maybe they don't think about if you don't know, uh, Bush seniors.
Speaker 2: What happened to him?
Speaker 1: Like it's got sharks, his entire squadron getting shot down, watching the other pilots get eaten by the sharks, treading water for an immense amount of time, only to be rescued, and then uh, you know, eventually elevated to the Office of the President with a few stops along the way. I seem to remember it.
Speaker 3: Was CIA and he was a part of the jfk assassination I've read before, and part of the New World Ordering of the Illuminati, right that that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, but back when he was you know, people have speculated, Yeah, I wouldn't. I have not speculated that the CIA is listening. But I just Ross was just openly speculating. And he's got a monkey in the studio right now.
Speaker 3: And I can guarantee you that my ancestral familial uh not lab monkey definitely doesn't speak any languages at all. I mean, it's not possible because it's only.
Speaker 1: The most terrifying language to hear emanate from your monkey by German.
Speaker 2: German.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you imagine that's terrifying?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yeah, I would uh, I want to stay away from that, right there all right, it's just like it the clock.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I was trying to get one more piece of audio and look, you need to
Speaker 3: Get look like a Swedish speaking monkey or something, you know what I mean, some goofy that you're not going to be terrified about.