Speaker 1: This is the TJ show. Okay, I have a new obsession. I loved the movie Coyote vs.
Speaker 2: Acme.
Speaker 1: And I feel very passionate about it because it seems like the original movie company, that will remain nameless, did this movie dirty. And then another company came in and now has released it. And the box office numbers aren't great at this moment. And I feel like I had to take on a new cause, and it's to get people to see Coyote vs. Acme. Because I do think it's that good. And listen, when you have a family, you want to go see a movie, everyone can see and enjoy every one of my kids. except for Noah, gave it a 10. My wife even loved it. She doesn't love any of this kind of Looney Tunes stuff.
Speaker 3: Which is a big deal. And the box office numbers have nothing to do with the fact that the movie actually is great. Like it has a 96% rating from Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's remains. Yeah, solid reviews across the board, people and critics. And so I'm like, okay, well, we're going to do our part. And so I started going out to college campuses, telling people one at a time, you got to see this movie. It's that good for you. And I also wanted to enlist the help of some fellow radio personalities, one of my best friends. I sent him a message. You know Edgar? I do. Who hosts the Shaboy Show. Hey, Edgar. Hope you're doing great. Question for you. This is a voice text I sent to him. Have you seen Coyote vs. Acme yet? And if not, what are you waiting for? Let me know. I have an idea. Yeah, I'm getting ready to share an idea that I think is going to help.
Speaker 4: Hi, TJ. First and foremost, I love you, bro. Second, thank you for the most unexpected question of the day. Congrats.
Speaker 5: You are the winner.
Speaker 1: Have I seen Coyote vs.
Speaker 6: Acme?
Speaker 4: The cartoon chasing the roadrunner, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he knows.
Speaker 7: The big old.
Speaker 4: Weight that falls on the coyote, right? I've seen that. Is there something else I need to see?
Speaker 8: Tell me about it.
Speaker 1: Can you believe this?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 7: How do you not know?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming you're joking that you have not seen the trailer for Coyote vs. Acme, the new movie. We took the whole family to see it. It is phenomenal. So I was going to ask you, could you dedicate significant portions of your radio show telling your audience about this movie, but you first have to see it? Yeah, I'm thinking if we do it on our show and he does it on his show, and then I get other people who do radio shows to jump in on this, this is going to work. Okay. I'm talking about significant portions of your programming on your show. Yeah.
Speaker 4: TJ, so sorry to disappoint you, bro. I have not seen the movie or actually heard anything about it. It sounds like Warner Brothers has done a really good job to keep it on the down low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they literally put it in a closet and said, this movie will never see the light of day.
Speaker 4: You know, I got your back. I got your family's back. And I think you guys recommend.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can we find significant amount of time to talk about on the show? Look, I'm sure there's a way we can get creative with it.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: But whatever, whatever you need, bro. I got you.
Speaker 1: So this man, I already knew this, but I'm letting you know, is a hero and he may be joining this revolution. You know, I got some connections in this radio business. I know some guys who host some shows.
Speaker 7: You know some people?
Speaker 9: Some ladies, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: We're going to keep working on this. We've got Kayla in Asheville, North Carolina.
Speaker 8: Hello, Kayla.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hey, tell me.
Speaker 7: I know this is random.
Speaker 6: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 10: And I'm sorry, but... So, for a long time, we had a different show. And then, for a while, I didn't listen to the radio. And I know that's sad, but I got back on and you guys were on. And I just think that's awesome.
Speaker 7: And I love you guys.
Speaker 10: And it's like a blessing on.
Speaker 5: The way to work.
Speaker 6: Oh, wow.
Speaker 1: Well, that's really kind of you.
Speaker 7: I've never been called a blessing.
Speaker 1: Well, you are.
Speaker 10: You are to me.
Speaker 7: It feels some kind of way, don't it?
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. That is a huge deal to hear that from you. But tell me a little bit more about you. What is the most exciting part of your life right now, Kayla?
Speaker 5: Oh, wow.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 10: Well, tomorrow I'm taking my 18-year-old to get his license.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 1: How is he behind the wheel?
Speaker 7: Be honest.
Speaker 10: He's great. He's just a nervous person. So he's waited until he was 18 to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't understand that. You know, Kayla, that's a new thing. I have some nieces who don't like jump at the opportunity to get their license. And I feel like this has been happening more and more over the years. I think back to when I was 16 years old, I could not wait. It was like, this is how I can drive far away from my house? How do I do this? Where do I sign? I mean, it's an unbelievable, unthinkable thing. I know people who haven't gotten their license until their early 20s, and it's a choice they make. I'm like, what are they thinking?
Speaker 10: I don't know. but I've happily driven him around. You know, I'm not going to argue. It is scary to send your child out to the world, but he's a great driver. He's just going to drive the car around on the weekends. You know, it's not like he's going out every day being crazy. He's just a kid that wants a little freedom.
Speaker 6: I wonder if.
Speaker 1: It's the parents or they feel like you do. They're like, well, you know, if he doesn't, if he's not ready yet, you know, you're not going to push him. And so the parents don't encourage their kids to get their license because And then they're like, okay, well, mom will just drive me everywhere. But I just didn't think that was cool.
Speaker 3: No, I have a friend whose daughter took a very long time to get her license. And my friend was like, please, please get your license.
Speaker 7: And my mom did the same thing. She was like, I want you to be able to take yourself places. Yes, I don't know. She just wasn't ready. She has it now.
Speaker 10: And take me places.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 7: Drive you around for a change.
Speaker 8: Pastor princess.
Speaker 1: Kayla, one more question. Have you seen Coyote vs. Acme yet?
Speaker 10: I haven't, but I have to tell you something really funny really fast. I saw it in this truck today, and it had the outline of Wiley in it, and I thought.
Speaker 5: That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's funny.
Speaker 8: That's great.
Speaker 1: Are you planning to see it? Because I think everyone needs to see this movie. It was that good.
Speaker 10: Okay, it's on the list with sheep detectives.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I've talked very passionately about sheep detectives. I will say, and this is hard for me to say, but I actually think this was a little bit better. They're both great movies, but this was that good. I loved it. So Kayla, take that with you and enjoy. Have fun.
Speaker 7: Since your son is going to get his license, maybe that's somewhere he can take you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 10: We'll add it to the list too.
Speaker 1: Designated driver.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: Roadrunner.
Speaker 10: All right.
Speaker 1: Have a great one. We'll see you later, Kayla.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 10: Thank you guys for being awesome every day in my radio.
Speaker 1: Oh, please. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You guys want to keep doing it?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right. Let's keep doing it. This is the TJ show or news. It sounds different around here. Kenny reads through every story he can find, and then he brings us the most interesting ones. Kenny, what's happening on the planet today?
Speaker 2: There appears to be a trend among restaurants and businesses that are replacing their traditional food photography on their menus or flyers with hyper-realistic AI-generated photos. And people don't seem to like this at all.
Speaker 1: How is that allowed? Because isn't that technically false advertising if it's not the food that you're actually serving?
Speaker 7: That's what I would think.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think you bring up a good point. I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the article from the USA Today brings up one example. A guy from Chicago goes to his favorite deli, notices that they've replaced their menu board. with all of these hyper-realistic AI photos of these different sandwiches. He says he lost his appetite. And he took the photo and brought it to work. His coworkers looked at it and they were disgusted too. It turns out there is a psychological and biological reason for this. Experts explain that these images trigger a conflict in the brain between approach and avoidance. Because the food looks biologically unnatural, it activates an evolutionary danger response designed to protect you from disease, decay, or contamination.
Speaker 8: How about that?
Speaker 7: Now they lost that guy's business.
Speaker 3: It's like the company tried to use AI photos to not pay a photographer to photograph their food.
Speaker 7: Now you're losing customers, so you're still losing money. Yeah, people don't want your food anymore. Probably more money. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, Heather?
Speaker 7: I noticed this.
Speaker 9: There's a place around our building that has AI-generated photos, and I was looking at the photos, and I'm like, that doesn't look like real food at all. You can tell that the meat that's supposed to be on the sandwich, it's layered and has these weird holes in it.
Speaker 7: It does not look.
Speaker 1: Natural at all. looks almost too good to be true it still has like a piece of the pig on the corner like it's a cartoon face.
Speaker 2: Well there's something called tryptophobia this is an aversion to repetitive patterns or holes and these ai photos what they do is they have patterns unnatural textures and repetitive details so people that have tryptophobia that they legitimately lose their appetite.
Speaker 7: When they see these photos that's what that photo looked.
Speaker 1: Like when i saw it I feel weirdly proud that we still have, like, this cool part of being human that we recognize out in the wild.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, be like a deer who doesn't eat a poisonous berry.
Speaker 8: It's an instinct.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look at that, Jay, but we got instincts still.
Speaker 7: That we do.
Speaker 1: What else you got, Kenny?
Speaker 2: TJ, I think you might want to build a terrace in your backyard.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 2: Because this guy in Denmark was building a terrace in his backyard, and through digging around, he came across a Viking Age silver hoard.
Speaker 8: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of finding treasure. I have not found it yet. The closest I got was I was on a beach in Florida. And you know, you buy those like little cheap scuba gear things. I was like, all right, let me try it. So I put the goggles on, I put the snorkel in, and I saw something gold and shimmery in the water. And I had the little basket. I scooped it up. It was a ring. It was a class ring. So you did find something. I found something, but I mailed it to the school. Never heard back. I wrote him a letter and everything. Very uneventful ending for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for this guy, very eventful. So this is Viking Age silver. They say the entire hoard weighed over 40 pounds.
Speaker 8: Its contents consisted.
Speaker 2: of approximately 700 silver items including silver bars, jewelry, and 47 whole coins or coin fragments.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine this?
Speaker 7: That is amazing. Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: The weight in silver alone would be worth anywhere from $ 18, 000 to $ 20, 000, but these are Viking artifacts in Denmark which are priceless. And they say it could be worth millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: So what's the deal if you find that? Because I know other countries, they've got laws where like you don't get to keep it and you got to give it over to the museum.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Denmark, they have something called the Danish Treasure Trove Law. So anything found in the ground must be turned over to the National Museum. However, the finder is entitled to a substantial tax-free reward. So this guy's in, I think, for a pretty big payday.
Speaker 1: I do like that, as much as I would love to keep it all, I love the idea of if you find a piece like that, it's sad to think it would wind up in some rich dude's closet and only he would get to look at it. It's nice that the community gets to see, whoa, what is this thing? And also, why did they bury that back in the day?
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 1: These big, argh.
Speaker 7: And how come they never came back to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they went to battle, like, I'm going to hide my treasure.
Speaker 7: And never came back.
Speaker 1: Never came back. No one knew about it.
Speaker 8: That's a good guess at what might have happened, yeah. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm always looking down. Always hoping I trip over a treasure chest. We're going to keep an eye on this story.
Speaker 8: It just recently happened. So it's now at the National Museum for Assessment.
Speaker 2: So they're going to determine the value of it, and then we'll figure out how much the guy is going to get paid.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 1: So cool. What else do you have, Kenny?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess the past couple of weeks in the Los Angeles area, Aflac, the insurance company, billboards.
Speaker 8: Have been vandalized.
Speaker 2: Somebody's spray-painting Ben Affleck over these Affleck billboards. And now TMZ has obtained a photo of Ben Affleck himself spray-painting an Affleck billboard.
Speaker 8: Come on.
Speaker 2: It appears that there may be an advertising partnership between Ben and the company. However, TMZ reached out to both Ben Affleck's people and Affleck's people.
Speaker 8: They're keeping their lips sealed.
Speaker 7: Of course, yeah. They're going to reveal that on their own time.
Speaker 1: That silly Ben.
Speaker 8: It's a clever idea.
Speaker 7: Lily Affleck.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised it's taken him this long to make that connection.
Speaker 1: Kenny, what else do you have?
Speaker 2: New York City Public Schools, the biggest school district in the country, has announced a classroom technology policy imposing a one-year moratorium on student-facing AI tools for students going all the way from two-year-old pre-K all the way through eighth grade.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear this. People are getting a little too reliant on AI already. There are adults in my life Where we'll just be talking and they go, oh, let me see what chat GPT says. And they type it in and then they'll read it and they go like, this is the new authority now.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: It's kind of annoying because it prevents you from just having like a regular conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me just, let me cross check.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm like, let's just have a conversation. It's all right.
Speaker 1: But even worse though, in the schools, this is like a simple example. We had calculators, right? But we still had to understand how long division worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We have to know what is happening. And we've seen over the years, and we've heard this from math teachers even, there are a lot of kids who don't know how to get to certain numbers. They're so... grafted to these devices. And so you can apply that to other stuff now. It's not just, it's really like a super calculator.
Speaker 3: I've seen a few articles that claim that millennials is the smartest we'll ever be as of right now. Generations coming up aren't going to be as smart as millennials and aren't as smart as millennials because of tech.
Speaker 8: That's us, right?
Speaker 6: That's us.
Speaker 1: Awesome. They're geniuses.
Speaker 7: I'm not saying because it's us.
Speaker 3: I'm saying because I've read multiple articles where they're claiming this, which makes it kind of sad because I'm like, eventually we will become elderly and I want somebody smart taking care of me if I need to be taken care of.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What do we do to J-Bo? Hit her in the head with a pan.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: If I'm on my bed, I got to tell you how to take care of me. We got a problem.
Speaker 1: No, it's very concerning. It's serious stuff. People's brains, I think, are atrophying. I mean, it's really bizarre. And we are headed towards, let me just sound like a crazy uncle for a second. I think we're headed towards chips in the head and all that stuff. I mean, it's... I'm out.
Speaker 7: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, J-Bo, your original point, I think, seems to be the main driving force. The idea is to prioritize human connection and social development and critical thinking over reliance on educational AI software, especially for these younger kids, right? They think it's really important that they have those skills early on. In high school, there are exceptions to this rule. They're going to have monitored AI pilot programs in select high school classrooms. So they want to teach high school students how to use AI ethically and properly. So they're going to hopefully teach them the right way to use the technology.
Speaker 1: I think the sad thing is the teachers are still trying to figure that out. Nobody knows exactly what that means yet. So it's a weird time. But using our brain can't hurt. The more things we can use our brain for, I think that's got to be headed in the right direction. Kenny, what else you got?
Speaker 2: There's a video that's getting a lot of attention. And as someone who's getting married in a couple of months, it definitely caught mine. So there's this couple. They're in Norwich, the UK. And they're getting married alongside a river. And they're taking photos with their photographer. At the water's edge.
Speaker 8: They're on the dock.
Speaker 2: And the photographer says to the couple, I think it would be cute if you guys took a picture in that canoe that's docked over there. And the couple made a grave mistake. They tried to get on the canoe at the same time. And as soon as they stepped on the canoe, it tipped over and they were soaking wet. Full bridal gown, full tuxedo in the water.
Speaker 1: On the wedding day.
Speaker 8: On the wedding day.
Speaker 1: So the question is, is this guy a real deal photographer or not? Does he take photos while they're actually in the water?
Speaker 7: You'd hope so.
Speaker 2: You know, something from the video, you could see the camera flashing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you keep shooting. You keep going. Shooting.
Speaker 2: The poor groom had his phone in his pocket. It did appear they had a sense of humor about it. They started laughing and they even gave a little kiss in the water.
Speaker 1: That's perfect.
Speaker 8: I think that'll be something to remember.
Speaker 1: So maybe it's an even better photo. Maybe this photographer is such a genius. He knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's like, we're going to.
Speaker 8: Get this shot.
Speaker 7: Nah, I'm not giving him that much credit.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what? I hope he plays it off that way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's a truly one-of-a-kind photo.
Speaker 1: And then I guess what? You get sweatpants and you go, all right, whatever. Who cares? We'll be more comfortable the rest of the way.
Speaker 7: Hope it's really sunny so you can dry out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Put it under the ceiling fan of the venue.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kenny, what else do you have?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of videos and photos that are getting a lot of attention, have you guys seen the photo of an actual coyote with an actual roadrunner in its mouth?
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 7: Absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 2: It is incredible. It was taken by Alexander DeBarros. He's a birder, loves birds, has been studying birds since he was 10 years old. He was hired by the LA Department of Water and Power to take photos in this particular area where he just so happened to catch a real coyote with a roadrunner in its mouth.
Speaker 3: Finally.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I don't know what it is, but this is happening right around the time Coyote vs. Acme comes out, which, by the way, we love the movie. You saw it. I saw it. J-Bo's going to see it. What does it mean? I don't know what it means, but it must mean something.
Speaker 2: Well, the photo was taken the exact weekend that Coyote and Acme hit theaters.
Speaker 1: Add another one to the list. Also, they did research.
Speaker 2: There has never been a recorded photograph of a coyote eating a Roadrunner. So this is a groundbreaking photo.
Speaker 1: The same time the movie comes out.
Speaker 8: The same time the movie comes out.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, Coyote knew.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it means, but it means something.
Speaker 2: Not only that, so this guy, Alexander, his father is an animator. His first job was working alongside Chuck Jones, who is the creator of Wile E.
Speaker 8: Coyote and Roadrunner.
Speaker 1: Are you making this up now?
Speaker 5: I am not.
Speaker 7: Is a coyote a paid actor?
Speaker 1: Is it a cartoon you're seeing?
Speaker 2: No, no, this is a real photo. And to make things better, Coyote vs. Acme, whoever's running their social media account, obviously saw this photo, too. They were the first to comment with three shocked faces.
Speaker 1: Of course they were. This is the perfect story. Okay, if you're not convinced you need to see this movie, I don't know what else it's going to take.
Speaker 7: I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see it. I wanted to see it before it came out. I've been so busy, but I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: This is wonderful. Kenny, thank you for keeping us somewhat informed.
Speaker 8: That's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Stories like this... They make me realize the world might not be crumbling before our eyes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is very good news.
Speaker 7: There are some good pockets.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I was so moved by this story, and I like the chain reaction that's happening. So there's a guy named Daniel. He owns De Romano's Pizza in the Bronx.
Speaker 7: All right, you got to say it like that.
Speaker 1: In New York.
Speaker 8: That's an impression of his aunt while he says pizza place.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He saw there was an elderly woman eating out of his trash can.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he goes and invites her into the place. He goes, hey, let me give you a hot slice, gives her some water. And then after this happened, he posts a sign. And it says, to the people eating out of my garbage, I have more love for you than you think. Please come in and tell me you're hungry. I will forever give you a slice and fresh water to drink. And he goes on to explain that his mother, Carmela, taught him that a desperate person makes better decisions on a full stomach. And so this story has been going viral since it happened. And I saw it yesterday and I was like, wow, this is so cool. It's now caused a... chain reaction. People in Texas, Arkansas, Alaska, Hawaii, they're calling into this guy, purchasing slices for people in the community who need it.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful.
Speaker 7: I absolutely love it.
Speaker 1: See, it's not all horrific out there. It's very good news. And then I read the story yesterday. I'm like, man, I'm really in the mood for pizza. I coincidentally- had leftover pizza in my refrigerator. It was like thin meatball slices on it.
Speaker 5: Oh, nice.
Speaker 1: And so I threw it in the oven and I always like to make it extra crispy when it's leftover. And I thought of Kenny, who has openly shared, I'm not sharing any secrets, you're going to open a pizza shop one day that's very unique.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of my business ideas.
Speaker 8: It's called Next Day Pizza.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: And we serve day old pizza.
Speaker 1: Because what I've found, and I do notice, when you have leftover pizza and you really heat it up and get it extra crispy, it actually is often a better slice.
Speaker 7: It does taste really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, than what you originally bought. Yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, the idea is we're going to make the pizza ourselves. We'll get real pizza ovens, and then we'll have about 20 toaster ovens. And inevitably, what's going to happen is somebody's going to come into the store and see me take a fresh pizza out of the oven and say, can I just have that?
Speaker 1: They're going to want the fresh pizza.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to say, no, if you want that pizza, you'll have to come back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: You're only going to give them yesterday's pizza.
Speaker 8: Yes, it'll be next day's pizza. Next day's pizza.
Speaker 1: It's a very unique concept. And actually— Last night, I'm like, this guy's going to be rich. Like, make sure that we're on Kenny's good side.
Speaker 3: I just hope it's not going to cost as much as a fresh pizza, seeing how it's next day pizza.
Speaker 7: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I would actually charge.
Speaker 6: It's a premium.
Speaker 1: No, I would charge a little more. Oh, get out of here. Because it's more work. You have to store it in the refrigerators, and then you've got to put it in the toaster ovens. And, you know, you run that many toaster ovens, prices are high.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's probably higher than one oven. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm going to send my application to Shark Tank. That's part of having a business.
Speaker 1: No, it's... I think it's genius. But anyway, glad to see there's some good stuff happening in this world. I just know this is never a good thing when this happens. When I start getting incessant calls from my wife during the show. Is that nerve wracking?
Speaker 7: It would be for me.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 1: Because I'm like, oh, I hope everything's okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I couldn't answer it because we were on the radio a few moments ago. And so I go and run in the other room, and I get a text message from her. It says, non-emergency emergency.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, great. What's going on here?
Speaker 7: So is it an emergency?
Speaker 1: So what's up? Okay, so we're going to break in here, and I want you to hear what's happening at my house today unexpectedly. This is the message I just got from my wife.
Speaker 7: Hi, honey.
Speaker 6: We have a slight emergency situation. Everyone's fine.
Speaker 1: For my dog, it's always an emergency.
Speaker 6: For the really crazy storm last night, half a tree went into my parents' pool. Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: So where we are, we got quite a wind and rainstorm.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 1: Some of those alerts on the phone and everything.
Speaker 6: My brother was having like a dad date, and it was supposed to be at the pool.
Speaker 7: So it can't be.
Speaker 6: At the pool now because there's literally an entire tree in the pool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is the thing that's going on. So my brother-in-law, Josh, who we've talked to, right?
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 1: He happened to be where one of my daughter's friend's dad's was there, right? And they had this quick interaction. And he just mentioned in passing, oh, I really like that guy. And between his wife, my wife, and then the wife of the... They're all like, oh, we should get them together. They should hang out and be friends.
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: And this is how bad it is with guys finding friends. So many guys have isolated themselves completely that when there's any interest in another man, all the women in the circle are like, oh, you guys should hang out. So they're supposed to have... which is essentially a play date at the pool. But the pool is unusable from the tree, whatever it is, now that I'm finding out fell in it.
Speaker 6: We are doing an emergency get together at our house today.
Speaker 1: So they've switched the play date to my house.
Speaker 9: Now you're involved.
Speaker 1: Because this so badly, like they can't wait till next week. They can't wait till a couple, it's gotta be right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I just wanted to warn you, I'm cleaning right now. If you wanted to grab any like snacks, that would be good.
Speaker 1: Now I have to grab snacks.
Speaker 3: Even though it was their idea to move it to your house. Tell her she better get Instacart. Uber Eats, something.
Speaker 1: I didn't sign up to get snacks for their plate. Should I get a little applesauce pouch too for them?
Speaker 8: Juice box.
Speaker 6: Or any drinks would be... But I wanted to make the move to make sure it can still happen. Josh has really looked forward to this for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. You know, when a kid wants to go on a play date.
Speaker 6: Anyway, he's a little bit nervous because now he won't have the safety buffer.
Speaker 1: Of the pool.
Speaker 6: You know, something built in automatic to do.
Speaker 1: But I think he'll be okay.
Speaker 7: That is sweet for the wives to do that.
Speaker 2: No, it's cute.
Speaker 7: And also, like, inconvenient.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It is wild. So Josh, who is a grown man, he's older than me. I'm going to call him in a few moments and find out if he needs me to be at his play date to chaperone.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: We're going to get him on the radio. It's coming up on the TJ show. This is the TJ show and it is, as my wife said, a non-emergency emergency. We just played the message I got a few moments ago. Apparently my brother-in-law Josh had a positive interaction with another man And you know that men have such a hard time making friends. The collective wives came together and essentially set up a play date for you, Josh.
Speaker 5: Well, TJ, if I could tell you the whole story.
Speaker 1: What more is it to the story? Yeah, what's missing? Oh my gosh, there's way more.
Speaker 7: So we're at.
Speaker 5: Your wife's musical, right? Jessica did a musical like a week long theater camp. And I saw this man kind of look at me and we made eye contact.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't think I know him.
Speaker 5: So I was going to VIP area. That's what I call it because Yeah.
Speaker 1: At a kid's theater show. Yes. Yeah, at a kid's theater show.
Speaker 5: I was on the list, and I met this guy, and we started chatting.
Speaker 1: You hit it off.
Speaker 7: We hit it off.
Speaker 5: We became friends.
Speaker 1: We're not friends yet.
Speaker 7: We're not friends yet.
Speaker 5: Okay, there are levels to this. Oh, my bad.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I was rushing it. I was rushing it.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But all the wives are really responsible for setting up this play date that you were supposed to have today, and it was supposed to be at a pool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so, unfortunately, a tree broke off into the pool. Now the pool doesn't have access. But all the wives want this to happen so badly because there's hope that there might actually be a real man friendship to develop here because these are so rare.
Speaker 8: Manship?
Speaker 5: It really is very rare, and no one talks about how hard it is to make friends in your mid-50s.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 1: So they had an emergency. They've now switched the play date to my house.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And so I just got an emergency message from my wife, Jess, saying, can you please pick up snacks? And so I was just calling to find out, do you need me to be there to help chaperone this play date?
Speaker 2: TJ's happy to work late today.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Pretty much what he's trying to say.
Speaker 5: So it's more of a group date where like you know when you're a little like maybe you're 14 and you go to a girl with a movie but mom makes you go with a big group right that's what it is that's so my parents are coming uh obviously it's gonna be but i i think i'm feeling like at a certain point they're gonna kind of all back away and they're gonna leave me alone at one point to really get our vibe on.
Speaker 9: That is just like a 14-year-old group.
Speaker 7: You all come together and then.
Speaker 9: You leave the couple alone so they can do, I don't know, whatever they want.
Speaker 5: My sister's going to be there, my wife, TJ, and my parents are there to make sure that nothing.
Speaker 1: No fights.
Speaker 5: We're not even social media friends.
Speaker 1: Josh, I'm going to be there to help support this potential friendship because I do believe man friendships are very important. They've been life-changing for me. But these are the extremes that women are going to across the nation just to make men friends.
Speaker 5: But TJ, you've got to mention that this is stressful because it was at a pool, right? Pools are great. There's always something to do.
Speaker 1: You jump in the water, right?
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: We're now not at the pool. We're at Jess's house, and they don't even have a TV set up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't like TVs. See you today at the house, okay?
Speaker 11: All right, buddy.
Speaker 1: We had to do this. Not many shows have segments for pets, but this started because my wife Jess was leaving the house one day. Our dog Luna was there in the living room all alone. She's like, you know what? I'll turn the radio on, keep her company. She'll hear Dada's voice. Turns out she got home My dog was totally asleep, bored with the show. Then we figured it out very quickly. We were only talking about human-related issues. So we switched it up real fast. We started featuring the biggest stories in animal headlines. We called it Luna's Animal Tales. Other pets love this, too. Let's go to Lake Tahoe. A woman was swimming, and she felt... quote, teeth and claws.
Speaker 7: Oh, my goodness.
Speaker 1: And then a river otter attack ensued. This thing went absolutely bananas on her, pulled her underwater.
Speaker 7: Get out.
Speaker 1: Grabbed her leg.
Speaker 7: That little thing, there's no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're cute, too. Gotta be careful about the cute things. Mm-hmm. And relentlessly bit her, scratched her. She managed to break free, climb onto nearby rocks. She drove herself to the hospital. She had 22 stitches. She got a rabies shot. And this was the second otter attack at Lake Tahoe in one month. So weird.
Speaker 3: You know, I think we talked about this a few months ago. Wasn't there like an otter attack in Lake George area up.
Speaker 8: In New York?
Speaker 1: It was a beaver. They're all angry.
Speaker 7: What's happening with these furry little creatures?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was another attack recently reported in Anchorage, Alaska. And what's weird about this is physical attacks on humans... were exceedingly rare, and they say they still are rare. They only have 39 documented instances recorded worldwide between 1875 and 2011. Wow. But where are the 2011 to now stats?
Speaker 8: They're still counting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like they've gotten angrier, and we've got to figure out what's going on there.
Speaker 7: They're fed up, man. They're protesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 7: You know how the joke is, like, old people are like, get off my lawn. These creatures are like, get out.
Speaker 8: Of my water!
Speaker 1: Get out of my river! Get out of my river! Then in Big Sky, Montana, there was a woman who was faced with a mama moose. The moose started charging towards the woman in her own backyard, and she had her dogs with her. She took a little bit of a fall, which has got to be scary. You lose your footing in front of a mama moose. She was able to get to some bear spray, and that eventually kept the moose away from her pets. People on social media, of course, defending the moose. saying, well, she had a calf nearby, so that's why she was angry. Which, yeah, I guess you don't want to mess with a moose and a baby calf.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's up with these dogs, though? They didn't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Well, the dog reportedly had bad eyesight and couldn't really hear.
Speaker 8: It was an old dog.
Speaker 1: So she's calling for the dog in the video.
Speaker 8: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 2: The dog's not reacting.
Speaker 1: There's a what in the yard? Are you kidding?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 1: Here are some dogs that are heroes, actually. Actually, this is in Montana. A bear got into another woman's backyard. Gina, Alvin, and Bear the dog were faced with a giant black bear. I wonder if she was calling for Bear, and the bear was like, who, me? What are you talking about?
Speaker 6: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Both my daughter and I were grateful that everyone was okay. But it's so funny because I've never heard the name Alvin, because the other dog's name was Alvin. This woman was screaming, Alvin!
Speaker 5: Alvin!
Speaker 1: I've never heard that in context. It's always been in a cartoon. Thankfully, everyone's okay. Those are Luna's Animal Tales, the biggest stories in animal headlines. Nikki in South Carolina. Is that really you?
Speaker 5: Yes, what have you been doing, manly?
Speaker 1: You know, I always expect you to call on a Monday. Because, you know, I keep a list for when you call. I want to be ready with it. Nikki was pretty threatening, actually. A few weeks ago, she took my man card away. She said that because I complained about my pinky hurting me, that I had to have my man card removed. I went to a podiatrist. I thought my pinky was broken. Turns out it was the shoes that I was wearing. And you didn't like that. No, I did not.
Speaker 7: Because I thought that was very wimpy.
Speaker 8: It was also your fear of roller coasters.
Speaker 1: Yes. Well, there's plenty of reasons to be afraid of roller coasters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the fact that you were at a cookout hanging out with all the ladies instead of actually hanging out with the fellas.
Speaker 1: No, I love talking to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: My wife's friends are very interesting, okay? And I pay attention to them. Okay, so fast forward now. You are claiming you still have my man card, and you've been checking in to find out what manly things I've been doing? Yes. Well, I've been very excited to share this with you.
Speaker 7: Are you going to read off your list? Do you have a list to share or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I've been keeping a list, and here's the biggest one. I'm going to start with the star here. A friend of mine does electrical work, and I needed to get a number off of the back of a light in a really tall building. I wrote a lift, and I controlled it myself. I went up many, many feet to the ceiling to get the number off the light.
Speaker 7: Was somebody in the lift with you?
Speaker 5: Wait, what did the size of the building have anything to do with what you were doing?
Speaker 1: No, because I was on a scissor lift.
Speaker 5: Inside, how tall was the ceiling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like 20 feet in the air.
Speaker 10: All right, that's a wash.
Speaker 5: What do y'all got?
Speaker 7: No, I have a question. Since Nikki sounds like 50 Cent, she got 21 questions. I have one too. Did you go on the lift by yourself?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: By yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 7: No one was in it with you?
Speaker 1: No, I controlled it myself.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Did you have the safety device on?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course.
Speaker 7: I had multiple bars. Did you have a helmet on too?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure I was protected.
Speaker 5: OMG! What else you got?
Speaker 1: Thanks for asking. I do have another one. I have a huge machete that I now use to cut my watermelons. And I karate chop it to cut it. And I eat watermelon off of the knife. I actually have it. Off the tip of the machete.
Speaker 5: You're not impressed. You're making a mess in the kitchen that doesn't need to be made. You're like Gallagher in the kitchen.
Speaker 9: With a watermelon.
Speaker 7: Did you clean up after yourself, TJ?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I did.
Speaker 11: All right.
Speaker 7: You can get the man card back. Half of one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he, J-Bo, he cleans like a man. So, is it clean?
Speaker 1: I use bleach wipes. I wear rubber gloves, but I wear bleach wipes. I do bleach wipes.
Speaker 7: Oh, why'd you mention the rubber gloves?
Speaker 1: I want to be honest with you.
Speaker 6: Dude!
Speaker 5: You hear yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hide anything. What? Nikki, listen. I'll try again next week.
Speaker 5: Do better.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 5: Do better.
Speaker 1: I love you, Nikki. You have a great day.
Speaker 3: I love you more.
Speaker 7: He sounds so defeated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's ridiculous. I thought for sure that I was going to sell her on this. All right, we'll catch you soon.
Speaker 7: That's okay.
Speaker 1: Our Heather here, she got a brand new car, right? We were all celebrating for her because her old car... If it got wet, I think it would break down. Is that the story?
Speaker 7: It wouldn't accelerate.
Speaker 9: So you couldn't go over like 25 miles an hour.
Speaker 7: Which is hard for you because you love to speed and break the speed limit. And it's inconvenient when you're on a highway. Oh, no, that's scary.
Speaker 1: When you see just a drizzle, you go, oh, this is going to happen again. And the next thing you know, Heather needs help. But we're very happy for you. We were celebrating. You got a brand new car taken into this era. It's got all the fancy computer stuff in it.
Speaker 7: It's too much, actually.
Speaker 1: Heather tells me, oh, by the way, when I connect my phone to the car, because everything is pretty much done through the phone now, we're driving around these computers, it would just turn everything off with your phone, and it would reset every drive.
Speaker 9: Right, just like the Apple CarPlay, the computer, not the car itself. The monitor would freeze, and then it would take five, six minutes to reboot. It was just a mild inconvenience, and it's annoying because it's a brand new car.
Speaker 1: I was like, take it to the shop.
Speaker 8: It's new.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't have to deal with that. Never mind inconvenience. It should just work. And so you bring it in, sure enough, they had to replace a CPU.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Which is like the brain of the computer. Right, that's exactly what they told me. It's the brain of the computer.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying. Everywhere we turn, there's a computer problem. But the good news about this, so I drove you home yesterday. I got to meet your dog, Sassy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, isn't she the cutest?
Speaker 1: Well, cutest and outrageously old. This dog is 15.
Speaker 7: Going to be 15 in September. Wait, it is September.
Speaker 6: On the 23rd.
Speaker 1: 23rd. Okay.
Speaker 7: Disrespect.
Speaker 1: And this dog didn't care that I was there, but it was so calm. And I'm like, is everything okay? And you were like, yeah, she's almost 15. I was like, okay, great. But like nice hair, no weird missing patches of fur or anything.
Speaker 7: No, she looks great for a 15-year-old dog.
Speaker 1: Looks like a hot dog, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: No, I know what you're saying. Hot dog, hot diggity dog.
Speaker 1: But to your car being so complicated. So yesterday, I get home. And my daughter, Willa, very nicely, because I've trained her, if you start tantruming because you want something, the answer is going to be no.
Speaker 7: Did you say I trained her?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 7: Those are words you say for a dog.
Speaker 1: Well, I just, I had to show her. You taught her. I taught her, right. That's what I meant to say.
Speaker 7: I play fetch with my nieces all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh my God.
Speaker 3: Go get it.
Speaker 1: But what I'm saying is, okay, so I was begging them, all of my kids, I said, will you please quit Nintendo? I'm so over Nintendo because they've made it so complicated, just like the cars are now so complicated.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: You have to jump through, as a parent, so many hoops just to get your kid to be able to play a game. They wanted to play this new game called Fall Guy. Okay. I don't know what it is, never heard of it, but one friend says it, then a whole friend group has to get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's usually how it works.
Speaker 1: You've got to confirm that you're the parent. You've got to click on a link. You've got to use an email address. The days of putting a cartridge in a system to play are long gone. My kids have no idea it was that easy.
Speaker 3: You know, the same way you can go to antique shops and buy vintage things and go to thrift stores and buy vintage clothes, you can go to gaming stores and buy vintage game consoles.
Speaker 1: I would love it. I would love it. They refuse it.
Speaker 7: Go get a Nintendo 64 and that's it.
Speaker 1: I wish it was that easy. I really do. But they're all connected with their friends.
Speaker 2: They have to get rid of their friends in order for that to happen.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Or you have the friends over at your house hanging out.
Speaker 7: Do you want that, though?
Speaker 1: I would love it, but it doesn't exist anymore. It's so– everything's so complicated. But anyway, love the world. Happy to be here. You guys want to do this again tomorrow? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 1: This is The TJ Show.
Speaker 11: What if the success everyone sees isn't the whole story?
Speaker 1: I'm Jamal Marshall.
Speaker 11: Host of the Listen and Speak podcast. Every week, I sit down with entrepreneurs, leaders, authors, coaches, and people with powerful stories that go beneath the surface of what they've accomplished and into the experience, beliefs, struggles, and decisions that shape who they become. Because you can look successful on the outside and still feel depleted on the inside. We explore burnout, boundaries, mental health, leadership, relationships, resilience, and the why behind the what. Listen and Speak uncovers the insights you can actually use. We listen to understand the whole person, not just the resume and the accolades. If you're ready for conversations that go deeper, that move you forward, search Listen and Speak wherever you get your podcasts. Listen deeply, speak boldly, do the work.