Speaker 1: Weird things happened in Weird Weird Weird.
Speaker 2: Welcome guys, we have a really cool episode today.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 2: I could since it coming, and I always have to.
Speaker 3: It's always my role at the beginning of the show is to like be.
Speaker 2: Like that's why I paused after the sentence. I was like, it's coming, it's coming, thank you. It's been a while since we've done a Wizard Traditions, It's been like four months. And we were just talking over the other day. I think we were actually doing a discord event. We were doing a discord event the other night, and we just threw up an impromptu poll with like the sixty or seventy people that were in there, are like, hey, you know, you guys like wisdom traditions? Do you like spirit science? Do you like these segments? And it was like an overwhelming yes. So we were like, all right, well we got to do a wisdom tradition. Yeah, And we talked about it and something that I personally have been like really fascinated in lately is mithraism. Yes, you're agreeing that.
Speaker 4: I've been doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just backing you up.
Speaker 2: You're vouching for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I always got your bag. I'm not lying. Well, I just want to make sure everybody knows that you're not lying. Yeah, you know, he's just somebody's got to have your back.
Speaker 2: No, it's true.
Speaker 3: Alex definitely don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he never does.
Speaker 3: Look at it. Look at him. He's like, well, I mean yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I just thought this one would be really kind of out of the box and it's a really fascinating part of history that genuinely not much is known about. And I say not much is known about, but then like what we're going to cover today is pretty crazy.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I guess I'll just kind of get into it. But so from the like history angle, genuinely not much is known about Mithraism. It's mostly like vanished from history. Okay for the most part. Actually, you know what, I'm gonna put a quick pause before we get into the history and the doctrine and the myth ritual system of Mithraism itself. I want to take a quick step back and talk about like a broader overview about esoteric doctrine.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So the deeper you get into this body of knowledge, the more it becomes clear that there's this like big entangled web connecting all of these different systems, right, And it's obviously today that takes place in the form of like Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry. You have stuff like Hermetic Order, the Golden Dawn, you have Theosophy, and there's other systems that I'm probably not that aware of. But in the ancient past you had these things like the Odentic mysteries, the Druids. You had the worshippers of Auto Whom and Amunrah and Isis and Osiris, and you had Serrapis mithraism Orphism, and it goes on and on and on. The Elusinian mysteries, yeah, Kabbala, Zoroastrianism, the Essenes, the Gnostics. There's this massive web of these different schools of thought from these different cultures that were preaching the same thing.
Speaker 5: So what is the thing?
Speaker 2: What is the same thing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? So I wanted to pull from my new favorite text, The Secret Teaching of All Ages to talk about like the broad overview of esoteric doctrine. So this is from Manly p.
Speaker 5: Hall.
Speaker 2: Few of the early cults actually worshiped anthropomorphic deities, although their symbolism might lead one to believe that they did. They were moralistic rather than religionistic, philosophic rather than theologic. They taught men to use His faculties more intelligently, to be patient in the face of adversity, to be courageous when confronted by danger, to be true in the midst of temptation, and most of all, to view a worthy life as the most acceptable sacrifice to God, and his body as an altar sacred to the deity. Sun worship played an important part in nearly all the early pagan mysteries. This indicates the probability of their Atlantean origin, for the people of Atlantis were sun worshipers. The solar deity was usually personified as a beautiful youth with long golden hair to symbolize the rays of the sun. This golden Sun was slain by wicked Ruffians, who personified the evil principle of the universe. By means of certain rituals and ceremonies symbolic of purification and regeneration, this wonderful God of good was brought back to life and became the savior of his people. The secret processes whereby he was resurrected symbolized those cultures by means of which man is able to overcome his lower nature, master his appetites, and give expression to the higher side of himself. The mysteries were organized for the purpose of assisting the struggling human creature to reawaken the spiritual powers, which, surrounded by the flaming ring of lust and degeneracy, lay asleep within his soul. In other words, man was offered a way by which he could regain his lost state, and that is from secret teachings of all ages. So like the general premise being made here throughout this text and just in general throughout history. You know, esoteric doctrine is, if you follow the Hermetic philosophy, the Hermetic body of knowledge, right, there's this primordial thought, there's this primordial tradition, right, that has survived from the time of Atlantis. And the idea is that this primordial tradition is like shining into all of these systems throughout time. It's influencing and informing all of these various myth ritual systems throughout time. And then we'll cover this a little bit later. But sometime around the i don't know, like the three hundreds, I think it was when they had the Edict of Milan when they legalized Christianity, and then eventually when it became the state religion of Rome, they sort of like massacred these other systems. Yeah, they just snuffed them out, right, So then like Roman Catholic Christianity became like the dominant viewpoint, and it just literally all of these traditions kind of washed away into the annals of time, right, just disappeared. So it's like, what were they teaching? What was the core idea between them? Well, the idea was present in all of their different ritual systems was that we are in a dream, right, We're in a dream, that this is an illusion, and that the real world is the other world, the spirit world, and that we come into this world, we fall into this material reality.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Or as you know, some might say as Lucifer rebelled against God and then fell into earth and was fell beneath earth and was imprisoned, you know, shackled whatever, And that's symbolic of us like falling into this state, falling away from perfect spiritual reality.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: And basically our purpose here is to discover our true spiritual reality, to find the philosopher's stone to drink from the from the Holy Grail, the chalice, basically to transmute our base, animalistic, lower desires into the higher philosophic thought and spiritual way of being and thinking and existing and like sort of communing with God, the higher consciousness. It's like a general view of the esoteric doctrine. Any thoughts on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The way it's it's interesting the way that it's phrase is that like those based like the monkey mind.
Speaker 2: Remember we were talking about like the monkey mind Journey to the West.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the antithesis of being in a state of spiritual being or awakening or enlightenment, like giving into those like base. I like the way that it described that, like we're all like we have the core of spirituality, we have the spiritual core, and it's surrounded by what was it lust and like degenerous, degenerousy. I like that description a lot. It's it feels so true because there are many distractions in this material world, but they are just those they're distractions when you have this like underlying, real, alive truth that like there is something really beautiful going on inside of you into i e. Your soul or your consciousness, but you can't really focus on it. Or nourish it if you're being distracted by all of these like base material, desire and stuff. I find it interesting that all of these ancient wisdom traditions are kind of hitting on that same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here's the crazy thing. So you always wonder why do they do rituals? At least I did, you know, growing up hearing about this stuff since I was eighteen years old, being so fascinated by it, studying it for hours and hours and hours. I feel like the first level of getting into this whole field of knowledge is like, what do they mean? What does it all mean? What are they into? What's it about? And the more you read, the more you see, like kind of the veil gets lifted a little bit and you see like the connection between it all. And what I've come to understand is that in the ancient times when they did these rituals, the reason that they were like, you know, basically, if you could tell these secrets will kill you. I mean they said it in a different way, but it's because at this time, the authorities of the time, in the more or less like general populace of the world, the initiates or the masters or whatever, the priests of these systems believed that this knowledge was not safe among the general population. So in order to be initiated into one of these traditions, you had to prove that you are worthy, which is symbolic of King Arthur pulling the sword from the stone or Mulnir. Whoever holds this hammer, you know whatever it says, whoever so worthy? Yeah, whoever is worthy to hold the same Yeah, who can hold mule near? Like, you have to be worthy. You have to be a candidate that proves you're worth, that you are earnestly seeking this knowledge. So what they would do is they would take these candidates who are seeking initiation and they would put them through rigorous trials, like sometimes they might have a valve of silence for three years. Sometimes they might go off into the woods and they have traps in the woods, and they have people dressed up, and they would do like simulations of hell, like if they were the Eleucinian mysteries, the Oracles of Delphi, or the Orphic mysteries, they might have created a labyrinth so that people walk through the labyrinth and see people dressed up as the Menotaur and dressed up as harpies and dressed up as hades to like scare the initiate, to show them the horrors of living in material reality and the suffering of hell if they don't awaken.
Speaker 3: You know, it's things like that shocking allegory.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, but they would make them live it, yeah, you know, yeah yeah, because it makes it real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, makes it real. For it's like, there's no better way to learn a lesson than having the shit scared out of you.
Speaker 2: And I know that they do this. I know that this is real. A because there's evidence of this all over the world. But B I'm not gonna say which just just maybe because I shouldn't. But I was very briefly an afraternity in college. I know you remember this. It was very briefly in efternity, and it wasn't a big deal. I mean, I went to a small private Christian school. Like it really was not like a big deal. It wasn't a huge thing. I was in at two semesters and I was out and it was mainly just friends and we played video games. And I found out later that that fraternity was created by a Freemason. When I joined that fraternity, I was a young eighteen year old kid, I didn't even know what a freemason was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean at all.
Speaker 2: No, I found out because of that, you know. But what I'm getting at is, you know, fraternities have rituals, and we did a ritual and it was the same thing. It was like a simulation of death and rebirth and like darkness and like laying in a coffin and being in the dark stuff like that. I mean, it wasn't like, you know, threat of my life. I mean, it was a college thing. It was safe, it wasn't that extreme.
Speaker 3: But it was the fact that all the symbolism was still there. Yeah, pretty wild.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying, like in you know, twenty twelve or whatever, when I underwent this little washed down experience, it's like reminiscent of what these ancient people actually did. And sometimes I wonder if I was propelled by my subconscious mind just to have that experience is like a little like a little nud a joke. Yeah, like you went through it, but yeah, it was like laying in a coffin, dying, being reborn and not me. You know, you're observing it happening to someone else. I don't think they could get away with uh, you know, with something too extreme, there could be lawsuits or something. But my point is I know they do this because I have witnessed it to some extent.
Speaker 3: I assume that, like they made you get in a coffin.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, I wish I sincerely wish, dude, I wish they'd very mean that ship for three days.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's that's all I'm saying. I'm just commenting that, like, I genuinely and earnestly believe that this went on in ancient times and that it probably still does today with certain ritual societies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, if fraternities are doing it today, then I'm certain that like these mystery schools are doing.
Speaker 2: It too, Yeah, because that's where it came from. Yeah, you know, so they would they would, uh you know, make these candidates prove their worthiness. And and that's that's very that's very interesting. So anyway, so mith Raism was very popular amongst Romans at the time, especially around the time of Christ. And actually what's really cool is that when the Christian religion was forming and Christ is dead for some number of years now, and there's all these different little cults and traditions around the time. The Christians were so at risk of being massacred by the Roman authorities because they were they were peeling their flesh off, they were burning them, they were cutting their heads off. I mean the Romans were really killing them for like three hundred years, like on site, it was a crime.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: They actually secretly worshiped underground in Mithraic caves.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, so so then is there like a projected like like era of when Mithraism kind of emerged. Yeah, it was, so I'm assuming that that's got to mean it was obviously before this was all happening, if there was like Mithraic caves underground and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were around when Christ was already born. I mean, the timeline I'm seeing here is that the the Mythraism as we're talking about it right now started in around the first century BCE, so around one hundred BCE, so one hundred years before the times of Christ. So these temples are not temples, they were caves. They were underground tombs, catacombs and sepulchers. They were already there. The Christians were literally worshiping in those tombs.
Speaker 3: Wow, just of mythrists. Stay safe, say, don't get murdered. That's right. Wow.
Speaker 2: Now if we back it up a little more and talk a little more heavily about the origins of Mithraism and where it truly came from. We had one of my favorite historical figures, a man by the name of Zarathustra in one thousand BC. Also what it translates to mean radiant star. But then he changed his name to Zoroaster. And so here's where it gets interesting. Okay, I'm cutting forward a little head and I'll cover it again later, or I'm I'm cutting.
Speaker 5: A little bit ahead.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I just cut head. I'm cutting forward a little head, a little ahead forward, damn it. And so Zarathustra, the radiant Star man in one thousand BC, he went into a cave. It's important to note that he went into a cave and he had a mystical experience. He saw God. He saw this flash of light and it spoke to him and it said its name was a horror Mazda or it was Ormuzed, and it came to him and it basically said, and we have a whole episode on Zoroaster, probably really early in the show. Yeah, I don't know if he's really really yeah, like probably like the twenties or thirties. Yeah, maybe the forties or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: And it basically told him, you know. Now, granted, this was an Iran previously known as Persia, so the language was different, but it basically said it was like the eternal God, the force of good throughout all the universe and basically in a nutshell, skipping over a lot of the Zoroastrian doctrine, which a lot of Christianity took from this, or rather you know, Judaism took from this, and it was molded by this, you know, especially considering it was the Persian king Cyrus who freed the Jews from captivity in Babylon, So you have to consider, like there are real historical moments in time where the Persians and the Jews were friends and they were working together and they were escaping Babylon. So there was like a genuine point in history where there was a transmission of their cultures.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, So anyway, he goes into a cave and it says, behold Amahara Mazda in order to basically go to heaven. I'm gonna boil it down. Basically, to go to heaven, you have to have good thoughts, good words, and good deeds. You have to be pure of heart, you have to have a good spirit. But there is a dark spirit, Angriminu or Araman. It's the evil reflection, and there's this eternal cosmic war of you know, this dark shadow versus me, the God of light and goodness and truth and salvation. And basically it boils down to in Zoroastrian thought, there came a point in time throughout the universe where Araman like invaded the soul of mankind. So now like for every good thing there is in the universe, Araman is trying to poison it. So like, basically what they're saying is human nature has Angrimannu, the Light God, the highest good, and it has Araman whispering, you know, evil demonic things in our ear. We have both light and dark inside of us. So we have to align ourselves with the light, with Angriminu through good thoughts, good words.
Speaker 3: The light. Yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bad one's on grimnded right, Yeah, we have to align with the Horrmanzda. Yeah, we have to align with the good the light through good thoughts, good words, good deeds, or the dark force will steal us away, it'll destroy us. So somewhere along the lines of Zoroastrianism over a thousand years between one thousand BC to you know, the time of Christ and the you know, the height of Mithraism. Over time, the Zoroastrian writers and priests added more, they added more texts, and at some point there became this other figure known as Mithra, which is a flame. It's like this fire, and it's kind of like their version of Christ. Mythra or Mithras is like the intercessor between man and.
Speaker 3: The like like the Holy Spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or Jesus, Yeah yeah, born of a virgin. He is born of a virgin December twenty fifth. He is crucified or not I think it's crucified, but he's killed and he's resurrected after three days. He's the savior of mankind. He's a shepherd with the crook and the you know, like the stick, like Jesus. He's a shepherd. He's virtually identical to Jesus. But here's the thing, the thing that I want the listener to remember. So a thousand years ago, this system from zoro aster is created, and there's a prophecy that says there will be a star in the east. And you know, we did just talk about this on the Revelations episode, which is why I was like Mithraism. So a thousand years later, the Magi come around and they're like, oh my god, there's a star in the east. They're telling King Herod, like the prophecy the Christ is born, Yeah, the Savior is born, Like he's here. We gotta follow the star. And King Herod's like, great, we're gonna kill every child in Israel. We're gonna kill literally every child in Israel. So the three Magi they follow the star and they're like, you need to get out of here. You need to go to Egypt, you know, So they escape to Egypt. But anyway, I wanted to just kind of briefly touch on the notion that they're sort of like a trinity between Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, and Christianity. There is a very strong connection between these systems. The doctrines are virtually the same, the story and system of the deity is the same, and I wanted to get that out of the way. So now, more specifically, on Mythraism. It obviously likely comes from Zoroastrianism. Mithra is associated with contracts, the light, truth, goodness, the intercessor between man and Ahuramazda. So obviously, because Alexander the Great conquered the Hellenistic world in or you know, took the Hellenistic world and conquered you know, Egypt and all these different surrounding nations, there was this transmission of Hellenistic thoughts spreading throughout Israel. You know, you have the New Testaments written in Greek, the Greek magical purpyrie are spreading everywhere and all this. So there's this blending of Greek and Roman beliefs. So somehow or another, around the time of Christ, you have this Persian Iranian story of Mithra and and her Amazda, and you know, you go to Rome and it's like all the Romans are down with it, you know, That's what I'm getting at. The Romans are just like.
Speaker 3: Then, Mithraism kind of emerged out of the same place as Zoroastrianism too, like Persian Persia Iran it's roots, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But it ended up like being really popular in Rome, right. Fun fact, there's at least one Roman emperor who was initiated into the mysteries of Mythrust fully gone through the process.
Speaker 3: That's wild. Yeah, it was, that's heard of.
Speaker 2: It was super popular amongst the Roman elite. So that's the whole point. Like, you know, Alexander the Great comes around, he starts just dominating, and then you know, this Greek and Roman thought starts just blowing up in this ancient world. And you know the next thing, you know, the Romans are like they they have cults of Isis. Yeah, they they eventually they take over. They're like, you know, I know, we like slaughtered Christ, but actually you know, and then they created the pope and they're like, I'm the god on Earth, the god honor. Like that's just that's how the Romans did him.
Speaker 3: And they liked to party, party.
Speaker 2: But it's just crazy when you think about it, like yeah, for sure, no no doubt. But yeah, so it becomes established in the Roman Empire. Talking back to Mithraism, it's established as like this very mysterious, high society Roman elite thing, especially among soldiers merchants. His imagery begins to morph talking about Mythra or Mythrust the deity, showing him as this heroic uh new like icon where he's slaying a bull. There's this image of his sword in a bull's throat. There's this dog like drinking the dripping blood of the bull. There's a scorpion latched onto the bowl. There's all this like symbolic stuff that we'll get into a little bit later. It is a mystery religion, so its rights and teachings are kept secret from the outside, so there's virtually no surviving written material about what they believed, their actual doctrine, their practices, whatever. And then obviously all of their places of worship are temples that are built underground in caves, sepulchers and tombs. Interesting that Zoroaster went into a cave and he found God Mithraic and Christianity in its early days were underground and caves. Now, what we haven't talked about yet or ever on the show is there is actually a very strong, second, very highly probable, real version of Jesus' birth which places him as being born in a cave.
Speaker 3: What do you talk what is that?
Speaker 2: So? I have this friend named doctor George Ervos, who is a professor at U and CW, and he is actually one of the professors. I mean, I'm sure there's a small handful throughout the world who have this level of access and credential. He actually has been permitted to study like original Dead Sea scrolls, manuscripts and Nagamadi texts, like like literally like ancient papyrae, and there's this old scroll called the the proto Vangelium of James the Brother of Jesus. It's like a real ancient scroll, like he showed my dad, Like he he has all these like xerox pds from this papyrae, and he has this like massive two volume book that took him years to write, where basically he goes through and he shows you he went through all these different ancient manuscripts and like had him earmarked like yeah, hundreds, if not thousands of references of Jesus being born in a cave and in the protovin Jellium of James the Brother of Jesus. It talks about you know, basically Mary is uh, she's you know, she's going through she's late in her pregnancy, she's on her way to Jerusalem or Bethlehem or whatever. As the story goes, they make it to mile marker three, you're like mile marker three. What the heck? Well, you know we use the Roman imperial system right in America. Yeah, uh, they had mile markers and you know Rome built all those roads, like they had elaborate mile marking systems between towns measuring. They had actual literal mile markers between all the cities.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't think, I like that would exist in ancient times.
Speaker 2: It's like what And in this ancient two thousand year old manuscript, it says that they stop at a cave at mile marker three. She goes into the cave. Boof out pops Jesus in a flash of light and he's walking around and he's like five years old. Oh he's talking and he's it's it's a real like ancient gospel. What And that's just one example of the idea of Jesus being born in the cave.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's crazy. No manger, no nativity. Well, I mean that's that's a that's a possibility, sure. But the fact that, like you've all always heard, it's like some some stable and like a manger and like all this stuff is, but it being a cave would would match up with a lot of other like Savior kind of sense origin. Yeah, that's really wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's not the only thing popped out in these five years old What the hell he's talking? And yeah like that, it's called a dosetic appearance. In other words, there was a belief among some sex in the ancient world that Jesus dosetic means like to supernaturally appear. Yeah, Hey, I'm here. Poof, Yeah, I'm here, poff, like I exist here now.
Speaker 3: In a flash of light too. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, smoke filled the cave, flash of light, boom out, pops Jesus. That's just one example of an ancient text indicating that Jesus may have been born in a cave. Now, we have to consider of all four of the Gospels, which is a very small number that we have access to, not even they agree about his birth. Only one of them, at most two of them even tell the major stories. Yeah, I think it's it's either Matthew or Luke or both of.
Speaker 3: Them, right. And if there's thousands, they don't even agree, no, Yeah, And if there's thousands of accounts of him being born in a cave, like thousands of ear marks, like you said, like there were all it might have been hundreds. I'll have to double check, but it's a lot, even if it's dozens, even if it's one. Yeah, well yeah, it's still crazy. Yeah. The fact that we basically have two books out of the Bible at most too, that mentioned like oh yeah, it was like some like stable, you know, in a manger situation. It's like, okay, are we just going to take that on face?
Speaker 2: Well, even that doesn't make sense because based on you know, the fact that his birthday is December twenty fifth, there's no credibility to that, because historians and scholars agree that based on that story, he was probably realistically born in like I think it's early fall or late summer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always heard summer, like summer is of.
Speaker 2: Course they picked actually when they were Constantine.
Speaker 3: Picked, I was they chose December twenty fifth. Constantine did what was that meeting called? Didn't they call it something?
Speaker 2: It's I'm not sure about that specific, but maybe the Council of Naiah.
Speaker 3: There's something yea yea, something like that. But yeah, they just chose.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, because and Methris were born on December twenty fifth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also didn't it wasn't it something about it aligned with some sort of the Winter Solstice. Well, yeah, the Winter Solstice, but also like the Druidic there were, you know, the Druids obviously like I don't I wouldn't say worship, but they like revered the solstices, and I thought that there was some sort of Druidic holiday that took place on December twenty fifth, and they kind of wanted to mask over it with their own holiday.
Speaker 2: We talked about that on the Spirit of Christmas episode. Yeah, and I think it was a Roman thing. Okay, I'm not sure, but I do know that the Winter Solstice starts on December twenty first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the darkest.
Speaker 2: Day of the year. Every year the sun goes into retrograde, it begins to to descend beneath the horizon or die right. For three days it's in the underworld, and then on December twenty fifth, it rises back up above the horizon and it begins it's upward descent towards you know, the summer solstice. Yeah, so you have the story of the dying Christ. It descends into the realms of the underworld for three days and it's born again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's just some deep stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, it is. Yeah. The point is that they just they chose that date and it just it's pretty eerie that it just happens to line up with Mithraism and Zoroastrianism and it's yea, yeah, it's pretty compelling.
Speaker 2: It is. So there are seven initiation levels with their own rituals and symbolism will get a little bit more into those later. As Christianity is becoming more dominant and is beginning to gain imperial or Roman support. In the three hundreds, the Roman officials start to supper myth Raism and all the other mystery systems. Right, so Constantine's Edict of Milan establishes religious tolerance. In other words, Constantine comes in and he says, hey, it is no longer legal to kill Christians. They have the freedom to express their religion. And then it was in like three hundred and eighty three, I believe, or maybe it was three eighty one when Emperor Theodosius comes in and he was like, okay, we are officially Christians. This is our religion. Everybody, we are Christian people. And he makes it the state thing, you know, mandated for real, he does. So they begin once they officially become Christian, they start to ban all the other practices, and that starts the process of destroying mythraic temples.
Speaker 3: Right, So that's all sorts of temples.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's what I'm saying. There's not much that has survived about Mithraism like at all. It all got burned away and destroyed pretty much. By the early fifth century, it mostly disappears. The temples are all basically destroyed. The practic this is fade. Christianity is now becoming the dominant thing across the Roman Empire. This kind of feels like, uh, this kind of feels like Star Wars, doesn't it when like it does Order sixty six. Yeah, it kind of feels like that a little bit. And then there's like forty years of I don't.
Speaker 3: Think I ever like made that connection. That's a good.
Speaker 2: The old way is like snuffed out.
Speaker 3: Dude. Oh my god, they're called the empire. Oh my god, Wait a minute, what the hell?
Speaker 2: Well, dude, he's based it off all this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just like the connection is happening in my brain right now, Like, yeah, that Order sixty six is Jedi.
Speaker 2: Or like the old you know, the old tradition.
Speaker 3: Isn't the legend that it was like Friday the thirteenth or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's the templars.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought this all happened at the same time.
Speaker 2: No, No, templars were in the thirteen hundred. Oh right, right right, But it's connected to this, Yeah, it's just a thousand years later, dude.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. It is like Order sixty six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn. And I didn't think about it in that context either, you know, like specifically about this, but I mean, you know, the shoe fits. Yeah, it is kind of like that, Like the Empire came in and snuffed everything out, and they're burning down all these libraries in Egypt and in the Middle East, and they.
Speaker 3: Destroyed the freaking Jedi library.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, they did. They actually did. And then in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries there were some archaeological digs where they found some like temples with inscriptions on the wall. And that's what I was talking about in the Revelations episode. I know you probably don't remember, because you know, we say a lot, but I was saying that the only surviving thing we have really about them is archaeological stuff where people go into tombs underground and there's these like star charts on these bulls with the depiction of Mithras slaying the bull, which it could be interpreted if you think about it. I might get my timeline messed up here, but I want to say, maybe you could look this up for me, Alex. Was it the age of Taurus before the Age of Pisces or was it the age of Aries. That's important to know because in the time of Moses and the other prophets leading up to Jesus there was this whole worship of the golden calf. It was, uh, you know, anything pop up, just like.
Speaker 3: All that bowl symbolism.
Speaker 5: The Age of Taurists began around forty three hundred BCE, and the Age of Pisces begin around one CE.
Speaker 2: So what was there anything in between? Aries?
Speaker 3: Maybe let me see, Yeah, I guess, just look up like when the age of Aries was Well, I mean, what, what's the order of the zodiac?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, me either, I really don't know. I don't either.
Speaker 2: I think it's I don't know.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, you're right. Aris is in between beginning at twenty one fifty BCE and ended in one CE. So it was Aries then Pisces.
Speaker 2: Okay, well that throws a wrench in what I was about to say. But there's an interpretation that the symbol of Mithrist slaying the bull symbolizes like and you know, like how the lady came to and she was like, I'm the divine feminine. You know everything she said, you know, I've already said it before, and she says basically that when the feminine comes back into balance, will be in peace. That there's like kind of an evil masculine warlike energy dominating the planet that we're suffering because those divine forces are out of balance. There's a theory that Mythrist slaying the bull symbolizes the like in an archetype of way, the slaying of the warlike aggressive animal, lower nature of consciousness, which is you know, war like violent whatever whatever whatever. It's like the subduing of those forces.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah. And I mean like popularly, Aris and Taurists are both considered like masculine energy signs. Like I mean especially you just think about like Aris, you know, the god of war. Right, we're going from that era to Pisces, like and also are.
Speaker 2: Now we're going to the water bearer.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: And you know, it's like, it's not to say if we have mostly men listening to the show, it's not to say anything like that. It's just to say that there has to be balance in all things. We can't deny that there isn't war fucking ravage in the world right now, and hasn't been for two thousand years. It's just a fact, you know that. That's that's all I'm saying. You know, like, it's just it's it's got to come to an end. Come on, people, come on, get it together. So myth rate doctrine, all right, dude, get it together, the warmongers, the warriors. So the doctrine of mythraism, right, according this is from the secret teachings of all ages. According to the Persians, there coexisted in eternity to principles. The first of these, a horror Ada or or MusD, was the spirit of good. From Ormuzd came forth a number of hierarchies of good and beautiful spirits, our angels and archangels. The second of these eternally existing principles was called Ariman. He was also a pure and beautiful spirit like Lucifer, but he later rebelled against Ormusd, being jealous of his power. Rather, shit's one thousand years older.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just saying straight up the same story.
Speaker 2: This did not occur, however, until after Ormuzd had created light. For previously, Ariman had not been conscious of the existence of Ormuzd. Let me read that again, because that one kind of did a little glitch in my brain. This did not occur, however until after Ormusd had created light. For previously, Ahriman had not been conscious of the existence of ormust. Okay, you know what in the Gnostic episode, that reminds me of the demiurge being born and not being aware of the god above him. Very interesting, very interesting connection. Because of his jealousy in rebellion, Ariman became the spirit of evil from himself. He individualized a host of destructive creatures to injure or MusD. When Ormusd or we could say Ahuramazda created the earth, Araman entered into its grosser elements. Grosser meaning like subtle, like oh yeah, yeah, fine, yeah, like the crude elements, the you know, earth, the material. Whenever ORMUSD did a good deed, Ariman placed the principle of evil within it. At last, when Ormust created the human race, Ariman became incarnate in the lower nature of man, so that in each personality, the spirit of good in the spirit of evil struggle for control. For three thousand years, Ormusd ruled the celestial worlds with light and goodness. Then he created man. For another three hundred years, he ruled man with wisdom and integrity. Then the power of Ariman began in the s struggle for soul of man continues through the next period of three thousand years. During the fourth period of three thousand years, the power of Ariman will be destroyed. Good will return to the world again, and evil and death will be vanquished. And at last, the spirit of evil will bow humbly before the throne of Ormuzd. While Ormuzd and Ariman are struggling for control of the human soul and for supremacy in nature, Mythris, the god of intelligence, stands as mediator between the two. Many authors have noted the similarity between mercury and Mythrs, as the chemical mercury acts as a solvent according to alchemists, so Mythris seeks to harmonize the two celest opposites. So there's something really interesting to note here. They just gave us a period of twelve thousand years. Now there is an idea that society might be only about twelve thousand years old. And they said in that last three thousand year cycle that the power of Ariman would be destroyed and then peace would rain eternal.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's very interesting because if you go by the fact that zoroastronism began literally three thousand years ago, you could argue that we are now at the end of that final three thousand year period.
Speaker 6: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's also fascinating that you said that the Age of Taurus was like four thousand SCNBC, right, and then was the Age of Aries, right, and then after that the Age of Pisces, which the end of the Age of Aries would have been the birth of Christ towards the end, and then it's ushering in the Age of Pisces. So it's kind of interesting. The bull Taurus is being slain by Mithra. The period of time when Jesus was born was that Aris period, so it's like that era that age killed, the Age of the Bull and ushered in the Age of Pieces. That's pretty wild symbolically that it matches up that way. Yeah, that at the end of that Age of Aries is when Christ came or Mithra right and ushered in the like killed the age of the Bull and ushered in the Age of Pieces. That's kind of wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is interesting, Like I didn't.
Speaker 3: Think about it. It's in the middle.
Speaker 2: Because mith Raism would have began in the period following the period it would have begun in Aries.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And it like it. It had the end of its reign at the end of Aries, you know, it started getting stuffed out and then Jesus was born. But yeah, I didn't even think about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's what That's how the symbology is mapping out in my brain. At least I'm picturing obviously the age of Taurus as the bull. The Age of Aries is Mithra like the birth of Mithra, and and then it is it is killing that age and going into the next stage. It immediately follows with the Age of Pieces like one ce literally one is when Pissi starts. Yeah, immediately after you know what, thirty years after the birth of Christ slash mythro.
Speaker 2: It's also interesting to think though that we have all this, you know, talk about Age of Aquarius coming up, and all these different you know, you have revelations, you have Hopee prophecy, all these different systems, the Hindu star chart talking about the Cali Yuga, you know, maybe ending in twenty twenty five. And then you have this where literally three thousand years ago that Persian prophet Zoroaster gave this prophecy and put it out there that there are four three thousand year periods and after the end of the fourth, during the fourth period of three thousand years which is now, Yeah, the dark force, the power of Ariman, will be destroyed and good will return to the world again. So it's just another like notch on the wall of like things adding up to prophecy unfolding and like a golden age coming. I don't like to think about it as you know, bad times ahead. No no, no, no, it's good times I had. It's the Golden age. Yeah, yeah, but very interesting, also cool how they make the parallel between mythrus and mercury, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, solve it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mercury is it's this. It's a mutable metal. It can be a liquid, it could be solid. It's it's it's quicksilver. Like, it can change forms depending on heat and pressure applied to it. So we are like you know, mercury. It's it's the transformation of the soul with that heat with with with pressure applied, we can transmute.
Speaker 3: It's based on what we apply to it. Yeah, the form that it takes, right, that's really cool.
Speaker 2: So moving on. There are many points of resemblance between Christianity and the cults of Mythrus. One of the reasons for this probably is that the Persian mystics invaded Italy during the first century after Christ, and the early history of both cults was closely interwoven. The Encyclopedia Britannica makes the following statement concerning the Mithraic and Christian mysteries. The fraternal and democratic spirit of the first communities and their humble origin. The identification of the object of adoration with light in the sun, the legends of the shepherds with their gifts and adoration, the flood in the arc, the representation in art of the fiery chariot chariot, the drawing of water from the rock, the use of bell and candle holy water in the communion, the sanctification of Sunday and of the twenty fifth of December. The insistence on mortal conduct, the emphasis placed on abstinence and self control, the doctrine of heaven and Hell, of primitive revelation, of the mediation of the logos emanating from the divine, the atoning sacrifice, the constant warfare between good and evil, and the final triumph of the four I lost my spot for a second, the final triumph of the Former, the immortality of the soul, the last judgment, the resurrection of the flesh, and the fiery destruction of the universe. These are some of the resemblances which, whether real or only apparent, enabled Mithraism to prolong its resistance to Christianity. The rites of Mythrusts were performed in caves. Porphyry, in his Cave of the Nymphs, states that Zarathustra or Zoroaster was the first to consecrate a cave to the worship of God because a cavern was symbolic of the earth or the lower world of darkness. John P. Lundy and his Monumental Christianity describes the cave of Mythrus's follows, but this cave was adorned with the signs of the zodiac Cancer and Capricorn. That is, I believe the summer and winter solstices and equinox to the summer and winter solstices were chiefly conspicuous as the gates of souls descending into this life or passing out of it in their ascent to the gods, Cancer being the gate of decent, and Capricorn of acent. These are the two avenues of the immortals, passing up and down from Earth to heaven and from heaven to earth. The most famous sculptures and reliefs of this proto proto tokos I guess that's a Greek word, shows mythrus kneeling upon the recumbent form of a great bull, into whose throat he is driving his sword. The slaying of the bulls signifies that the rays of the Sun, symbolized by the sword, release at the vernal equinox the vital essences of the earth. The blood of the bull, which pouring from the wound made by the Sun god, fertilized the seeds of living things. Dogs were held sacred to the cult of Mythris, being symbolic of sincerity and trustworthiness. The Mythraics used the serpent as an emblem of Ariman, the spirit of evil, and water rats were held sacred to him. The bull is esoterically the constellation of Taurus. The serpent its opposite in the zodiac Scorpio. The sun is Mythris entering into the side of the bull, slays the celestial creature and nourishes the universe with its blood. Remember, in the very beginning we talked about how there's this connection between all these other esoteric societies coming back from the times of Atlantis, who typically were known to create allegories about the Sun, sun, god, solar force, solar deities. Right, So they're saying here Mythris represents the Sun moving through the cosmos. So these are just a list of actual doctrines of Mithraism here. So you have cosmic dualism. Obviously, there's this eternal good, eternal evil, light and darkness. This cosmic struggle manifests in our earthly life. The followers of mithra are seeking to align themselves with the forces of light. Right, Mithris is a savior. He grants immortality to his followers. Again, this is what they believe. Yeah, I'm not saying this literally, but slaying of the bull, also known as the Taraktini, was central to this belief, as the bull's death symbolizes the release of life giving energies that nourish the cosmos. Mithraism has a strict hierarchy. Initiates progressed through seven ranks or grades, with symbolic meanings and associated rituals from the lowest to highest orders. They were Koraks or the raven, Nmphis, the bridegroom, Miles, the soldier, Leo, the lion, Persees, the Persian Heliodromus, the sun Runner, and Potter or the Father. Initiation ceremonies included symbolic tests of courage and endurance. Remember what we talked about where they might you know, in Greek, they might run through a labyrinth and someone's dressed as a minotaur. You know, if you're like Druid or you're in the Odentic mysteries, you might run out in the woods and you know you they might jump out at your dress like I don't know, like something something. But people died. These were very dangerous.
Speaker 3: That's dark.
Speaker 2: No, it was life and death to make it through these initiations. It is kind of dark when you think about it, like it was serious, dude, Like people literally died, like only the worthy made it through the initiations. It wasn't a college fraternity.
Speaker 3: It was like, yeah, it's a whole different that's that's some hardcorez.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it was you didn't prove you're worthy. It was like it's like literally like no, you had to be worthy to earn the secret doctrine. Yeah, like life or death literally loosely sink ships.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're lucky you made it through that initiation alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like seriously, like people drowned, burned to death, like they would have like traps, Like, soy survived.
Speaker 3: Man, man, I'm glad they didn't stuff you and that coffin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, dead, you might not have made it. I would have have. I might not have good, might not have not at eighteen years old, no way. So I had a strong astrological component. Obviously, the bowl the taroctiny is like a star chart with the zodiac allegory.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Mythris's actions were believed to influence the movements of the celestial bodies. The seven rings corresponded to the seven classical planets and the Taroctany scene may have represented the cosmic events tied to the seasonal cycles, like the vernal equinox and the solstice. They had a shared ritual meal, sometimes compared very closely to the Christian Eucharist. It's an importan part of the Mithraic worship system. This meal likely involved bread and wine and symbolized communion with Mythris. Yeah, that's that's a little on the news. Well, dude, the same with Dionysus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's just wild that they all match up so exactly. This one is remarkably like identical.
Speaker 2: The crazy part is like Christians literally worshiped in their tombs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in Mythraic tombs. Yeah, yeah, literally, and it's practically the same religion. Yeah, like there have been. There's almost nothing that's different so far, like except the names and stuff. Yeah for real, even a lot of the symbology, like the fire and stuff, like like Jesus brought the Holy Spirit which is like described as fire, like the what do they call it?
Speaker 2: It's the Holy Spirit, the Pentecost Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Pentecost.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Obviously their rituals took place in underground temples or Mithraea, which symbolized the cave where Mythris performed the bull sacrifice. The cave represented the cosmos and served as a space where initiates could meditate on the mysteries of creation and cosmic order. Sun and light worship very closely associated with soul and Victus, which is the Roman son god who also has a birthday of December twenty fifth, which is who Emperor Constantine worshiped before he was a Christian, and he decreed Jesus' birthday would be the same as his soul. In Bictus the unconquered sun and was sometimes referred to as the light of the world. Like Jesus, Mithrais believed in the power of light to overcome darkness, and the Sun's movements were seen as symbolic of Mithris's own journey and struggles. So it's that astro theology, the story of the cosmos is telling the story of the divine right, like the stars and the celestial bodies and the heavens are showing us the story of God throughout the ages. That's astro theology. Mithraism likely promoted ethical conduct, courage, and battle. Many of its followers were soldiers, loyalty, camaraderie, and discipline were emphasized, aligning with Roman military virtuals virtues. If you looked at depictions of Mythris, he often wore a Phrygian cap, which I'm gonna show you what that is if you're not familiar, but it symbolized liberty and freedom, and you'll notice throughout the French Revolution they were Frigian caps symbolizing freedom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and speaking of which, you know that there are a lot of theories that the Statue of Liberty is Mythris.
Speaker 2: I've heard Lucifer, I've heard Mythris, I've heard Ishtar, but I mean the same thing.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, same, same, all the same. But it's just interesting you said freedom and liberty. I was like, statue of liberty, it's I don't know, I saw a thing on it recently. Actually, oh my god, why am I blanket Sam Tripley with recent Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's wild. Look at that face kind of looks like statue of liberty.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does. Actually you see the stars on his cape?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Driving the sword into the bull's throat and the dog is licking the blood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny. I recently saw a video He's got a free jing cap. Yeah. I saw a video of Sam Tripley talking about how the Statue of Liberty is Mythris and they pulled that exact picture wow and showed it. I think he was on Rogan talking about it.
Speaker 2: Oh cool. Yeah, he was just on Joe Rogan. Yeah, very cool.
Speaker 3: That was interesting and pretty wild that I just happened to see that this week before we did this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is because I haven't caught that one. That's really cool.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to breathe through some of their rituals and initiations, and then we're going to round out with the parallels of Mithraism to other traditions, including Freemasonry and Rosicrucianism. So initiation into the rights of Mythris, like initiation into many other ancient schools of philosophy, apparently consisted of three important degrees. Preparation for these degrees consisted of self purification, the building up of the intellectual powers, and the control of the animal nature. In the first degree, the candidate was given a crown upon the point of a sword and instructed in the mysteries of Mithris' hidden power. Probably he was taught that the golden crown represented his own spiritual nature, which must be objectified and unfolded before he could truly glorify Mythris. For Mithris was his own soul, standing as mediator between Ormuzd his spirit, and Ariman, his animal nature. So what Manly p. Hall is telling you here is like you are Christ, you are Orpheus, you are thor or Odin or whatever.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 2: This divine being, and there are two natures of your soul. It's God and the devil, or it's Ariman and hera Amazdo, or it's lucifer in Christ. And it's like you have the choice if you want live in heaven or hell, or if you want to be you know, aligned with God and live a high vibrational life and as sind out of this earthly reality, or if you want to be trapped in your lower nature and aligned with the negative vibration. Yeah, and that's just the right, yeah, like Plato's cave, right, yeah, which is another interesting parallel to the cave.
Speaker 3: All these caves. Dude, we got to go to a cave, we do, dude, Let's go to a cave.
Speaker 2: I've been to the one in Uh. I've been to Limvil caverns.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's beautiful, it's cool, gorgeous, Yeah, so beautiful.
Speaker 2: There's a story there that I thought was just really mind blowing how they were in like the eighteen hundreds. There were these two guys that were trapped in there for weeks in.
Speaker 3: The darkness inland story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know how they got out.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: They follow the trickling water, smart in the darkness.
Speaker 3: Let's go get lost in a cave.
Speaker 5: No, just for the just for the listener. I have been in there. It's so dark. They tell you to put your hand in front of your face and then they turn the lights out and you cannot see your own hand inches from your face.
Speaker 2: Yeaheah, it is. It's in a mountain.
Speaker 3: Black, complete and total darkness. No light gets in.
Speaker 2: They were trapped in there for like days or weeks, and they followed it. We're talking eighteen hundred. The fish in the water can't see because they don't need to. Yeah, you would go insand if, like, if you got lost in there, you would. I think you can pay for the experience to go in there and experience the blackout darkness. I didn't do that.
Speaker 5: It's part of the tour, really, Yeah, for free, they turn the lights off for like ten seconds.
Speaker 2: I don't think my tour did that. I didn't get total dark.
Speaker 3: Why and those two guys just like pull out their iPhones.
Speaker 2: Because it was eighteen hundreds they have I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think it sounds like they're idiots to me.
Speaker 2: I think they had candles, and they had the little thing I can't remember what you call it where you put it on your eye and you pull the stick in it like shows a different picture of like a boudoir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a headlamp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about. You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you don't remember.
Speaker 2: They had little peep shows.
Speaker 3: I don't remember those.
Speaker 2: Yeahs, they had a little peep shows. Pulled a stack up girl, you don't have one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, No one ever asked him what they were doing in there to get lost.
Speaker 3: I mean they're probably just playing. They're probably just the role playing yeah Yellowstone style.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, dude. They're probably in their role playing and just seeking for sek jesus. I'm they're searching or they're seeking for Jesus. That's what I'm trying to must be, must be a leap heer. Yeah, yeah, no, I mean you know that. I'm just gonna keep digging, keep digging. They're seeking Jesus. That's what I was trying to say.
Speaker 3: You did it. You got there.
Speaker 2: I finally got there.
Speaker 3: Man. I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: Mithress was his own soul, standing as mediator between Ormost and his spirit, and arm on his animal nature. In the second degree, he was given the armor of intelligence and purity and sent into the darkness of subterranean pits to fight the beasts of lust, passion, and degeneracy. In the third degree, he was given a cape upon which were drawn or woven the signs of the zodiac and other astronomical symbols. I just showed you that he had the cape with the stars. After his initiations were over, he was hailed as one who had risen from the dead, was instructed in the secret teachings of the Persian mystics, and became a full fledged member of the order. Candidates who successfully passed the Mithraic initiations were called lions and were marked upon their foreheads with the Egyptian cross or its a towel cross. Mithris himself is often pictured with the head of a lion and two pairs of wings. Throughout the entire ritual were repeated references to the birth of Mithris as the Sun God, his sacrifice for man, his death that men might have eternal life, and lastly, his resurrection and the saving of all humanity by his intercession before the throne of Ormust. I really think that the ancients, I'm talking the way ancients, like Atlantean times, knew ahead of time that there was gonna be a shift in the cycle, and they put the word out like at the end of the ages when things get really really bad, there is a savior. There's gonna be this force that's gonna come and it has the power to wake you up from ignorance, to bring you out of that cave of darkness, to raise your spiritual abilities where you can subjugate your animal nature. And then when times get really tough, you know the light's gonna come through and it's gonna flip a switch and you know the world will be saved or whatever. I think that word was put out like longer than we can even fathom for a time, and over time that story has been adopting different cultural faces.
Speaker 5: Faces, Yeah, figures.
Speaker 3: Like each each age has its own avatar that acts as the catalyst. Yeah, into the next day because it's the same story. Yeah, it's the cycle of good and evil.
Speaker 2: It can't yeah exactly. Yeah, it came from somewhere. This story came from somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it didn't just start out of nowhere. And it seems to predate, like all everything, everything, you can keep digging back further and further and further. There is always some mystery tradition or some some religion that is talking about this exact same cycle of light.
Speaker 2: Dude, Babylon had a version of this story, and Babylon is like literally, you know.
Speaker 3: The oldest that's as far back as we can.
Speaker 2: Right Mesopotamia, Like it's it's got to be this, It's got to be. In my opinion, just thinking about like the esoteric doctrine, I think it is a true story that exists beyond time and space, and for the last two thousand years we've had it pushed to us this one way, like when you lift the veil, you see that like, oh wow, this has been told literally like in every era in human history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we only know the stuff that we've talked about in this age, right, just this age, nothing else. That's all that we know. But you dig back into these older and older and older ages. It's written in the stars, right, It's written in the star. It's like we could go back to before humans were speaking, and it's it's in the stars, dude. That's like, that's what astro theology is. It's it's like this story has been written before there even were humans.
Speaker 2: I suspect that this is, you know, like some sort of spiritual simulation. You know, we can say whatever terminology we like. I don't mean like someone's sitting on a computer somewhere. But it's like, you know, a really spiritual, paranormal, supernatural thing where our soul all that higher self shit.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: We come here and we learn lessons, we grow, But there is like this collective destiny of the whole simulation too, that spans you know, every twelve or twenty six thousand years or what. And I suspect that it's like an eternal cycle that happens over and over and over and over, and this story survives each one, and it's like a guidepost for each version or iteration of civilization. And that's why it's manifesting in like literally every ancient culture in the world. It's written in the pyramids.
Speaker 3: Bro. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Literally. My dad has this friend named Robert Edward Grant. He's a really smart guy. He has a show on guy. I can't remember what it's called, but it's like a it's you could look him up Robert Edward Grant and long story short, I talked about him briefly on an episode a few months ago. I think it was the Stargate episode actually, but I didn't have the full story. I told you a story about how he put the Apple Vision pro on my dad's head at Contact in the Desert. Well, I actually messed it up when we did that episode. Here's what he really saw. He went into the Pyramids and he found there is a.
Speaker 5: There's a.
Speaker 2: I think it's like, dang, it's funny because I forgot one part when I was telling that episode, and now I forgot the part that I did tell in that episode. But I remember now the part that I forgot, So so whatever I said in this Stargate episode, I think it was like there's a bowl or maybe it's the sphinx, and there's this like ruby that's missing under the pall of the sphinx. Yeah, I remember the Codex, probably Robert Edward Grant.
Speaker 5: I think that's it.
Speaker 2: But there's an alpha and omega.
Speaker 3: In the pyramids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in higher glyphs on the wall, there's an alpha and an omega. Do you know what that means?
Speaker 3: Of course, the beginning, the.
Speaker 2: Right beginning, and then it shows the U this ruby that's supposed to be under the paw of the sphinx. Yeah, and it's I think it's like, you know, he's he's trying to figure out what is this ruby? What is his ruby? And Dad's like, well, I think it's Regulus.
Speaker 3: That's the star, the red Star.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm gonna get to that in a minute. But what I forgot to say, whatever I said about that stuff on the Star episode, I was kicking myself from the foot because I forgot to say the part about the alpha and omega in that. So if somebody could find the clip on the Starget episode where I'm talking about that very same thing, if you want to send it to me later, they'd be great because then I could remember everything I said there but there was an alpha and omega on that hieroglyph anyway, So now we're going to get into the parallels of Mithraism to other traditions. So the birth of Mithrus from Mend from Montfaucon's Antiquities, Mithrius was born out of a rock which, breaking open, permitted him to emerge, kind of like Wukong exactly. This occurred in the darkness of a subterranean chamber, so in a cave. The Church of Nativity at Bethlehem confirms the theory that Jesus was born in a grotto or a cave. According to Dupuis, Mithris was put to death by crucifixion and rose again on the third day. Come interesting to note, Nick, I told you about my friend George who wrote book and only published it a few years ago, about the Protovangelium of James, the brother of Jesus. This book was written in the nineteen twenties. I'm reading from the Secret Teachings of All Ages. Oh wow, and even Manly P. Hall is reading other corroborating resources about the story of Jesus being born in a cave. Yeah, so it's just another version of you know, but they put him in a manger. They put him with the farm animals, and you know who knows. Yeah, I don't know why they said that, but all that's important is that there are other iterations of his birth being in a cave. There's other iterations of his death too. Some of the gospels say he didn't even.
Speaker 3: Die, he just escaped, Yeah, just ascended.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or escaped and just kind of went on his way.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's like fifty different versions of Christ, and the Roman officials gave us four. And then in the nineteen fifties, these children were playing in the desert. They smashed up in these clay pots on accident, and all these scrolls fell out, and literally, yeah, there's like fifty different versions of Jesus. And it's like, oh, my god, you know which one is the real one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: And then people are like, well, the ones that the Romans.
Speaker 3: Gave me why? You know why?
Speaker 2: Because my pastor said, right exactly. My pastor said, you.
Speaker 3: Know, the Bible, dude.
Speaker 2: When I was like eighteen, I asked my pastor about the Book of Enoch. He said, I shouldn't have done that, he said, he said, the Book of Enoch came straight out of the fires of the mouth of Hell.
Speaker 3: That's so dramatic. It's like the fires of the mouth or something like.
Speaker 2: That, the flames of Hell spit it right out of his mouth. And I was like, Okay, I mean that's.
Speaker 3: What we're like, we're made to believe because it's like the Gospel is pure and is wholly true, and anything that you add to it is just from Hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what my pay up?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, pass around the damn whatever that shit is called that bucket where you put.
Speaker 2: Your money in the tithe bucket, that one. What is that thing called the money bucket? The money bucket?
Speaker 3: Dude. I went to a church. One of the last times I went to church. I went to my grandma's church, and I swear to God, this is is so insane. They passed around two empty you know those giant containers that you buy cheeseballs in. They passed around two of those. And wait, it gets crazier. They made the men and women put money into different containers to yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my church did that with the little kids. That's the little kids would go around and but it was like little kids and they would collect change in corners and stuff, and then they would weigh it see if the boys or the girls.
Speaker 3: Collected, that's weird.
Speaker 2: It's different when it's kids though, it's kind of cute. But you know, when it's big cheeseball buckets and money, that's a different story. My church had like twenty people, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Put the kids to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, early, it started the year in put your ass out of bed. What was my grandpa?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: One time, it was like on my fourteenth birthday too, or somewhere I know. It was the weekend of my fourteenth birthday. My grandpa walks in my room at like nine am on a Saturday. He said, get your lazy ass out of bed and cut the yard.
Speaker 3: Boy. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So you met my grandpa many times, dude. He was he was like six five and he was like four hundred and fifty. Can you imagine the terror waking up to him in your room yelling at you, I cut the grass. I bet you cut the grass.
Speaker 5: I bet you just described my dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. He's about six seven.
Speaker 5: I've been in that scenario exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but Papa Ted had a fire to him. Yeah. Oh man. He was one of those people like when he talked you you better fucking listen, nobody challenge.
Speaker 5: Did I tell you what I did to get revenge? In the yard? No, my parents' backyard. There's a section you can't see. They'd never go back there, so they'd only see if they pulled up to the house, they could see down the sideyard in the section they couldn't see. I would write my name in the mower. With the mower, so I'd write my name weeks at a time, so the grass around my name would be like a foot tall, and it would be my name in the grass. And I was just praying that the Google Earth plane would come over here and take a picture of my name spread out over like forty feet.
Speaker 2: Your dad told me your grass talks to him, said, My plants talked to me. I'm almost down here. Boys, they're on the edge of their seat right now. Give them what I'm gonna give the people what they's around the money bucket, Wrap it up, cheese bucket. Yeah. So we're talking about the parallels between other systems, right, Like the ancient mysteries after which it was patterned. The Order of the Rose Cross possessed a secret ritual which was lived by the candidate for a prescribed number of years before he was eligible to the inner degrees of the society. The various floors of the Tower of Olympus represent the orbits of the planets. The ascent of the philosophers from one floor to another also parallels certain rituals of the Eleusinian mysteries and the Rights of Mythris, wherein the candidate ascended the seven rungs of a ladder or climbed the seven steps of a pyramid in order to signify release from the influences of the planetary governors. Man becomes the master of the seven spears only when he transmutes the impulses received from them. He who masters the seven worlds and is reunited with the divine source of his own nature, consummates the Hermitic the Hermitic marriage. Did I leave out the part about Mythris? There was there anything about mythrs?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: It was no, No, the rights of Mythrs? Wherein I was about to say, wait, I don't know a whole lot about Mythris. Okay, So TWU two, not twu, but two quotations will further establish the relationship existing between the mysteries of Serapis and those of other ancient peoples. The first is from Richard Payne Knight's Symbolical Language of Ancient Art and Mythology. Hence Varro in de Lingua Latina says that Coelum and Tera, that is universal mind and productive body, where the great gods of the Samothracian mysteries, and the same as Serapis and Isis of the later Egyptians, the tall TOAs and Astarte of the Phoenicians, and the Saturn and Ops of the Latins. The second quotation is from Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma Thee says Martianus Cappella in his Hymn to the Sun dwellers on the Nile adore as Serapis and Memphis, worships as Osiris and the sacred rites of Persia. Thou art Mythras in Phrygia Aetis and Libya, bows down to thee as Ammone and Phoenician Biblos as Adonis. Thus the whole world adores the under different names, the secret teachings of all ages. So the point I'm making is all of these different myth ritual mystery traditions are saying it's the same entity. Entity it's the same force, different the same being. Here's all the different names.
Speaker 3: Ye call it different ste different languages.
Speaker 2: Serapis, which is a bull adonnis. Yeah, and it goes on and on. There's more. I don't even know if I listed them all, So the rights of Mythris. When the Persian mysteries immigrated into Southern Europe, they were quickly assimilated by the Latin mind. The cult grew rapidly, especially among the Roman soldiery, and during the Roman Wars of Conquest, the teachings were carried by the legionaires to nearly all parts of Europe. So powerful did the cult of Mythris become that at least one Roman emperor was initiated into the order, which met in caverns under the city of Rome. Concerning the spread of this mystery school through different parts of Europe, c w King in his Gnostics, and their remains as Mithraic bas reliefs cut on the faces of rocks or on stone tablets, still abound in the countries formerly the western provinces of the Roman Empire. Many exist in Germany, still more in France and in this island Britain. They have often been discovered on the line of the picts Wall and the noted one of Bath. Alexander Wilder, in his Philosophy and Ethics of the Zoroasters, states that Mithris is the zend title for the Sun, and he is supposed to dwell with that shining orb. Mithris has a male and a female aspect, though not himself androgynous as Mythris. He is the ford of the Sun, powerful and radiant, and most significant of the Yazatas or the Ezods, or the guinea of the Sun as Mithra without the es at the end. As Mithra, this deity represents the feminine principle. The mundane universe is recognized as her symbol. She represents nature as receptive and terrestrial, and as fruitful only when bathed in the glory of the solar orb. This Mithraic cult is a simplification of the more elaborate teachings of Zarathustra, the Persian fire magician the Secret Teachings of All Ages. Now I'm gonna wrap us up here with something that I stumbled across in The Secret Teaching of All Ages, which, by the way, if you guys haven't picked up out there already, if you know that this isn't like the most badass esoteric book of all. I'm gonna say it again, this is the most badass esoteric book of all. And if you want to go deeper, you really really should read this book. It will blow your mind right out of your skull. And for many years I avoided this text. I don't think I was mature enough. A ready, Yeah, I just I can't recommend it enough.
Speaker 3: But we've been pulling a lot of heat from that one lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean it's literally like the encyclopedia of all of these different traditions. I mean, it's it's unbelievable, it's it's it's incredibly formative. And yeah, so I stumbled across this part, and this part genuinely blew my mind. And I'll get to why after I read it, although for some reason I'm having trouble pulling it up pulled on, Okay, there we go. I'm gonna get into why it blew my mind because it'll be pretty obvious after I read it. It has to do with the age of Aquarius and with the alignment between Regulus and those sphinxs. From a perspective of Manly P. Hall writing about Mythras, So I was like, Wow, Okay, this is crazy. And the more I dive into this stuff, the more I get the sense that this alignment is more than just a message from a lady, but it's actually something maybe more ancient. Maybe it's a prophecy that has existed a long time ago, and the lady didn't come here and created in twenty twelve, but she just kind of made us aware of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to think about it really, Yeah, revealed you know, maybe this has been expected for a long time to come, not just twelve years, but anyway, from the secret teachings of all ages. The Honorable E. M. Plunket in ancient calendars and constellations says the scorpion, the constellation Scorpio of the zodiac, opposed to Taurus, joins with Mythris in his attack upon the bull, and always the guinea of the spring and autumn equinoxes are present in joyous and mournful attitudes. The Egyptians, the Assyrians, and the Babylonians, who knew the Sun as a bull, called the zodiac a series of furrows through which the great celestial ox dragged the plow of the sun. Wow, let's take a quick break. Because before Mythris, before Mithraism, before Zoroaster had his revelation in the Age of Ares, we just talked about this. It was the age of Taurus. They knew the Sun as a bull, and the Mythris comes along the sword and the neck of the bull. Now the Sun is a lion. I guess they depicted as a lion. They but I'm getting there. Hold on the depiction of the lion. The Egyptians, the Assyrians, the Babylonians, who knew the Sun as a bowl, called the zodiaca series of furrows through which the great celestial Ox dragged the plow of the Sun. Hence, the populace offered up sacrifice and led through the streets magnificent steers, bedecked with flowers and surrounded with priests, dancing girls of the temples, and musicians. The philosophic elect did not participate in these idolatrous ceremonials, but advocated them as most suitable for the types of mind composing the mass of the population. These few possessed a far deeper understanding, as the serpent of Scorpio upon their foreheads. The Euaeus bore witness, which if you think about like the Egyptians with the snake on their eyebrow on the forehead, that's the Euaeus, the serpent coming from the third eye thoughts cool, Okay. The Sun is often symbolized with its rays in the form of a shaggy mane. Concerning the Masonic significance of Leo, Robert Hewitt Brown, thirty second degree Mason, has written, on the twenty first of June, when the sun arrives at the solstice, the constellation Leo, being but thirty degrees in advance of the Sun, appears to be leading the way and to aid by his powerful paw in lifting the Sun up to the summit of the Zodiaco arch. This physical connection between the constellation Leo and the return of the Sun to his place and power of power and glory at the summit of the royal arch of Heaven was the principal reason why that constellation was held in such high esteem and reverence by the ancients. The astrologers distinguished Leo as the sole house of the Sun and taught that the world was created when the Sun was in that sign. The lion was adored in the east and the West by the Egyptians and the Mexicans. The Chief Druid of Britain was styled a lion stellar theology and Masonic astronomy. When the Aquarian age is thoroughly established, the sun will be in Leo, as will be noted from the explanation previously given in this chapter regarding the distinction between geocentric and heliocentric astrology. Then indeed, will the secret religions of the world include once more the raising to initiation by the grip of the lions. Paul Lazarus will come forth. So that had me thinking. The whole thing is like when the gaze of the Sphinx aligns with the constellation Leo just before down, or the star Regulus in the constellation Leo just before dawn. It, you know, it'll be a new knowledge. And at the age of Aquarius. And I'm just thinking about all this stuff.
Speaker 3: And I just said the constellation Leo leads the sun by thirty degrees in June.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what, But more specifically, they just said that at the creation of the world, the sun was in Leo.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They the ancients teach that Leo is the soul house of the Sun. And that the world is create when the sun was in Leo. So it's just very interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's so wild that that. Yeah, I mean I always had the hunch that like this, this message that the lady relayed to your dad is like it's so much more ancient than what's happening right now. I always had the thought like, there's this is this is a very very very old prophecy, but like that this is corroborating that.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 2: I never thought of it as like an ancient idea because it you know, I had never heard of it. I just thought of it as like a new like yeah, when the when the star alligans, and I just thought of it as like a new idea, like oh okay, cool. I I never thought about it as being like an ancient prophecy that could be.
Speaker 3: I had even had the thought before, like I wish there was some way that we could really like get in the nitty gritty of these like teachings and find this prophecy somewhere. I've had that thought many times, like this, this he's gotta be out there written down somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean again, my dad's friend Robert Edward Grant goes in the pyramid. I'm gonna try to find this specifics on what he said. But he finds, you know, the alpha and the omega over the sphinx, and it's like, there's this ruby that he thinks it's a ruby, this gym under its pause and Dad's like, you know, it's not a ruby, it's regulars. So maybe I don't know. I mean, it's a stretch, but maybe it is hinting to the idea of something with the star Regulus and the Sphinx and the whole alpha and the omega thing is is very interesting, you know what. Actually, my dad, never mind, I can't say that.
Speaker 3: I can't say that, hush hush, Now.
Speaker 2: I can't say that. I had to stop myself.
Speaker 5: Cheese bucket and that's all she wrote.
Speaker 2: That's all she wrote.
Speaker 3: Damn dude, that was really fascinating. That was really honestly super fascinating. Uh. It's I like how it described Mythriism is kind of like a deeper, more intimate kind of exploration of Zoroastrianism. Yeah, like it. It gets into the weeds much much more than Zoroastrianism does. I like the emphasis on astro theology and then that whole last part was nuts.
Speaker 2: It's really cool to me, Like the whole Zoroastrianism thing. I remember first learning about that and just being blown away at like eighteen years old or nineteen or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's a lot of parallels there too to Christianity. Obviously, it's a lot of the same stuff, but with this diving even deeper, the parallels are just infinitely more.
Speaker 2: The thing that I think is really cool though, you know, I'm obviously like really into Edgar Casey. I think episode twelve was about Edgar Casey. It might have been thirteen, and I just remember talking on there about Edgar Casey's idea of reincarnation of the Christ Spirit, because I do believe in the same iteration that the Christ Spirit is this eternal it's like neo, right, yeah, Like it's like neo. You find out and either the second or the third matrix, they're like, well, you're the seventh one. Yeah, yeah, there's been six other cycles. Yeah, you know, and it's like oh shit, you know, so like sure, yeah, there's Thomas Anderson, the person who worked at his little office job and then he realized he's this oversoul, this neo, this being the one that comes back over and over and over to liberate the entire matrix. So there's two levels of being here for this entity. For Neo, he's the human Thomas Anderson, but he's also Neo. This what.
Speaker 5: There's twelve?
Speaker 2: Oh is it? He's twelve mystic psychics, right, that's the name of it. I'm pretty sure it's mystic psyched just saw twelve and I was like, he did it again, Psychics. I told you, I like Edgar Casey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's my point about the Christ thing. It's like, I like Edgar Casey interpretation, Like there's this there's this eternal spirit that is like the God force, like like literally this powerful archetypal soul that comes to earth many times at pops in it has a human experience and it's say hey, everybody, wake.
Speaker 3: Up, Yeah, wake up. Yeah, you know. It's like the Avatar. It's like Neo, It's like Link. It's like all of these like fictional characters just reincarnating when we need them, when we need them to usher us into out of an age of darkness into an age of light.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and also just into new ways of understanding things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, But the thing I was trying to say, is that Edgar Casey according to his readings. And I'm gonna be honest with you, bro, after going to the Minrostitute and having some amount of body stuff and getting like really embedded in their whole history and their body of knowledge and material, I'm starting to believe in Edgar Casey more than ever because there was a part of me this like this is really cool. I vibe with it, but you know, can't prove you know, the psychic experience channeling thing. But now I'm like, I'm all in. Yeah, he says that zoro Astra was one of them. Oh yeah, like the incarnation of this christ being, like you know, and that makes sense to me. I do think that there is a very strong connection between Christianity, Zoroastrianism, and then of course because it comes from Zoroastrianism to Raism, and I think that there is not only a connection between those three, but a strong connection to other ones as well.
Speaker 3: There obviously is, yeah, just by comparing it to the other religions that we talked about, Yeah, there's a lot of connections.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean it's just powerful stuff. Zoroastrinism is mind, it's very it's very prolific in the way that it's shaped our philosophic and our religious thought. And I think like ninety percent of the world are not even aware of what it is, or the origins of it, or what.
Speaker 3: It means, and or that their practices come from it. Right, Yeah, yeah, predated.
Speaker 2: It's the first ever monotheistic religion. Yeah, like the first genuinely historically verifiable, recorded monotheistic religion religion, and and that's that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you asked one hundred people if they had ever heard of Zoroastrianism, you might get a few.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, Heaven in hell, the doctrine of heaven and hell, the resurrection after death, the final judgment, all this, you know, other stuff that's in Christianity, like a lot of it comes from there. Yeah, And people might think of that as a bad thing, but it's not. No, it's not like no, you know, we have to think about we have to think about God as like transcending or you know, just truth rather transcending culture. And then these cultures are getting together and they're like fleshing out their ideas of.
Speaker 3: This, their interpretation, their interpretations.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh yeah, that no that makes sense. No, no, this makes sense. And then along the way they're like, actually, we're gonna kill all of you because we have the right way. That's what it turned into. Yeah, you know the Roman Empire and they killed millions of millions of millions.
Speaker 3: That's Romans.
Speaker 2: That's not how it should be. That's not how philosophy should be. That's not how truth should be. That's not how mystics are. You know, if you join the Rosicrucian Order right now. I signed up and took a couple of their courses a few years ago, and I didn't get any farther than that. If you join them right now and you read through all their material, they tell you we take from the Persians, the Greeks, zoro Aster, we take from Helena Blovaski, the Knights, Templar, the Gnostics. They tell you straight up, like all this stuff that works, we keep it. We also continue to explore and to find what else works. If it is genuinely observable and verifiable and substantiated, we love it. It works. That's what a mystic should do. Otherwise, you know.
Speaker 3: Whatever, you're just blocking out a bunch of stuff that could be really useful in your pursuit of the truth. Right, you're just putting horse blinders on and just choosing to ignore that other stuff for whatever reason. It may be hell fire, right yeah, yeah, for us it was as we'll burn in hell if we do that. Yeah, I mean, whatever your reason, don't don't put the horse blinders up, open them up, and like, look into all of it. There's truth in all of it.
Speaker 2: Now, you get that cheeseball bucket up there in that way, herd and the little girls ones, you know you're in good favor the lord.
Speaker 3: Less favor and praise Jesus, Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 2: But whoa unto them with a light cheese bucket. They're robbing the house of the Lord. My pastor said, up man, he used to say, if you don't pay ties, you're robbing God. And I'm like, yeah, yeah, God have more money than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, like I'm broke. God is balling, dude, he got all our money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the heck?
Speaker 3: Damn? What's he needed for someone's robbing me? Yeah? The church ain't getting robbed. The church rob dude.
Speaker 2: I was talking about this with Jenny the other day. We were talking about how like in for example, Bro, my I don't have a brother in law or sister in law because Jenny's an only child. So she she has some family in Germany that I'm like, Oh, they're my in laws, you know, like that's my brother in law, that's my sister or whatever, her cousins. And this summer, one of her cousins was telling me we were just talking about the church. He was they're not really hip to a lot of this stuff in Germany. They're not to like all his Age of Aquarius stuff. They're very Catholic. Yeah, and we were talking about the stuff. His eyes were blown or you know, his eyes really wide. His mind was blown. He was like, wow, this makes sense, this is I've heard of this before. And god man, he was just like, I'm so sick of paying the church when I do the taxes. And I was like, you what when you do your tax Yeah, I was like, what are you talking about. He's like, yeah, if you're a member of the Catholic Church, when you do taxes, you pay taxes to the church.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Apparently that's how it is. And in Europe, bro, like, if you're a Catholic, like it's it's like you know you register, Like, yeah, I'm Catholic. Great, you're gonna pay taxes.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's a big ass cheese bucket.
Speaker 2: As a cheese bucket.
Speaker 3: That's a big ass cheese bucket. Taxes.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's legal, Like you have to pay. If you don't, you are not a member of the Catholic church.
Speaker 3: Talk about crazy, right, that's easy. He told me that. I was like, what what do you mean.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, yeah, I'm sick of it. I don't want to pay anymore.
Speaker 3: Dude. That's evil, isn't it. It's a big ass cheese bucket, taxes full of cheeseball.
Speaker 2: Legal taxes to the church.
Speaker 3: That's gross.
Speaker 5: Many my Catholic church would send a year's worth of envelopes that you could put your money in to go to church with, so you get, you know, average, Once a week they'd send you fifty two envelopes and you'd write on it how much money you put in the envelope, and they want like twenty percent of your total income.
Speaker 2: That's some sales strategy right there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: They're basically sending you blank checks.
Speaker 5: But I remember the funny thing is I remember getting excited. My mom would give me money to put in the basket when it comes down the people. Yeah, I didn't be like, oh yeah, what I did nothing.
Speaker 2: I want to put money in the bucket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everybody else is doing it. Must be cool.
Speaker 3: You bought to preacher a new plane.
Speaker 5: I mean the pearly gates ain't cheap, that's right.
Speaker 6: The pearl, Yeah, solid gold pearl Jasper Jazper for the pasta Yeah, dude, so past. I mean, I'm at the end of my road here. I mean, we're are the crossroads here.
Speaker 5: You know, the caves.
Speaker 2: It's time to make caves come to a dead end. Yeah, caves come to a dead end.
Speaker 5: Time to find the water and crawl out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, just following the damn trickle in the dark. That's crazy though, right. They got on their hands and knees and they're like, I heard trickling water. Yeah, and they followed the trickling water and they made it out.
Speaker 3: I could have just used their iPhone the whole time.
Speaker 2: Idiots in the eighteen hundreds, Yeah, could you imagine how gross they were too?
Speaker 3: Like the stink.
Speaker 5: Do you think people smelled worse than people smelled now or do you think it's circumstantial?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 5: No, I'm all I'm saying is that if you adopted the hygiene practices of someone in the eighteen hundreds, you would smell like someone in the eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 3: Foul. Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying is humans don't smell different than they did. It's just circumstantial.
Speaker 2: But how do you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't know shit.
Speaker 2: Because we got like McDonald's, we got like chicken, we got like I'm here, easy food. That probably makes us smell worse.
Speaker 3: Dog, I don't know about that, bro. They did not have good hygiene.
Speaker 5: They probably smell good. No, they did not. I guarantee if you transported someone from the eighteen hundreds to now and they adopted the hygiene practices that we have now, would they smell like us?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think they can't go both ways. They would smell like us if they would just be hygienic, but they don't. They didn't have showers and soap and ships, so they were stinky as hell. Plus they didn't know the importance of hygiene.
Speaker 5: I don't want to die in this cave, Okay.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm telling you, they'd smell way better than buy a long mile Dude, they had life soap. They was like bathing with acid, dude.
Speaker 5: And then take me back. I don't want to be here. They smelled better than U s dude tripping a Smash Bros.
Speaker 2: Tournament.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fowl Yeah, I mean, I'm just saying, but at least those Have you ever been to the first Olympics?
Speaker 3: No that they I guarantee they smelled bad. They must have spelled real bad.
Speaker 2: Like in Rome.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah they didn'tst Olympics were in Greece.
Speaker 5: They didn't close the Olympics.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of the coliseum, the gladiators.
Speaker 5: I'd have paid to see that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you would have. I'm sure they charge.
Speaker 2: I think we're uh, I think we're at a at a good point.
Speaker 3: It's time to Ryan begging.
Speaker 2: It's time to It's time to say good night.
Speaker 3: All right, good night bye God.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: What ut bonies?
Speaker 2: If you like the show and want more, check out Patreon dot com. Slash Bledsoe said.
Speaker 3: So this will get you exclusive weekly bonus shows and access to our discord community with hundreds of open minded people.
Speaker 1: Just like you.
Speaker 2: If you want to represent the show, go to bledsosaidso dot com for merch we have T shirts, hats, hoodies, and more.
Speaker 3: For all future updates, follow us on Instagram at Bledsoe said so, same time next week