Speaker 1: One good three Yeah, job three, King of Queen Marl Street.
Speaker 2: Entertainment, Mam Goo, and I'm not Mac.
Speaker 1: You are not Mac. Max sent me a text yesterday said I'm tapped out for the week. He's like, I wouldn't mind if we just did a bye, and I said, no, the listeners need something, and we have a very short bench, we have a very bad bullpen. So here he is. It's Nick fryar.
Speaker 2: Wow. Just always the best intros on the Mac and Goo program. It's unbelievable. But yes, I am here, and I feel like you're making these baseball analogies for a reason.
Speaker 1: Yes, because today we will be having a draft, not just any old draft, a Mac and Goo draft of the best fictional baseball players from movies, television, video games all in this draft. So we'll be looking for all positions one through eight. Catcher, first base, second base, third base, shortstop, left center, right, Three pitchers. One that you would ideally like to start. Maybe you have two in the bullpen. Maybe this is a one v one my team versus his team, one game take all, So I'll be taking a Josh Fogg, he's the Dragon Slayer. You also want a manager that's very important on this team. So twelve rounds back and forth, Serpentine. The big rule here is that it needs to be a fictional player. So if it is a real player that is in a fictional movie, that doesn't count. Like all of those real baseball players that Henry Rowan Gardner struck.
Speaker 2: Out, they don't count mm hm one percent.
Speaker 1: But if it's a fake person, they are right in here. Do you have any more questions for ire?
Speaker 2: Similarly, where we have Raally Oda as Shulish Joe Jackson, that also does not count.
Speaker 1: Right if he's a real person then no.
Speaker 2: Okay, well no, because you have we talked about Harry Rohan Gardner and Barry Bonds. That's Barry Bond's playing Barry Bonds. This is Raleioda playing Schulish Joe. Just wanted to confirm they weren't on my list anyways. So we're good.
Speaker 1: So if you want to take a ghost, you can have a ghost. You can pick a ghost if you want. Do you want a ghost?
Speaker 2: We're gonna be the mouse ghosts. That's what we're gonna be.
Speaker 1: Now, I will ask you, because you are someone that still carries coins, I am gonna ask you to flip the coin right now to see who is picking first. This is huge because I think there is one player that is head and shoulders above the rest.
Speaker 2: So I'll flip it. You call it after it lands. We got heads, okay?
Speaker 1: What is heads?
Speaker 2: Heads? Is the wolf's witcher's wolf head? Okay? And then the back is clearly not the designed BDS wouldn't take that, No, they probably wouldn't. But honestly, goodness, this is like the only coin that I have actually have two of these. Okay, I will call for the wolf head. Okay, all right, let's see, I'm holding it right in front of good boom. It is not the wolf's head.
Speaker 1: All right, So do you want first or second pick? Uh?
Speaker 2: This is tough. I think, I think, Uh, I gotta go. I'm gonna go first pick.
Speaker 1: All right, I'll take the serpentine there and now time.
Speaker 3: For what you'm ont in waiting for the year. Right now, when the streets are paved with gold.
Speaker 1: We don't want no dead hoofers.
Speaker 3: Only ducky shine crackers a buddy that he may do, but no gobble be gook. Only the best of the best will be taken in the draft. But not just any old draft. It's the macking gool draft.
Speaker 2: I was back and forth on which was necessarily gonna be better in this case, between two, three or one overall. But for me, number one overall. You have to go with the first guy that you think of when you think of baseball movies. It's a no brainer. He could have been a picture, would have been a picture if not for some crazy lady that he met while throwing against a babe Ruth, you know, version of from this movie on a Train Track. And that's Roy Hobbs, who's going to be one of my corner outfielders in this movie. Of course, the natural. My father would actually he probably smacked me if he found out that I did this and didn't take Roy Hobbs first, because that man has the natural bad he has the Nights jersey, he had the hat that is one of his all time favorite movies.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me also throw this out here. I don't care for baseball movies. Okay, I don't love, and I mean like, there are some that I really do like, but baseball movies have a usual theme of really romanticizing the game, and I find it nauseating. And I love baseball, don't get me wrong, No, you do.
Speaker 2: I mean, God goodness, like, are the DSG chat? Honestly, I would say a quarter of the conversations are baseball related and they can just go in any given direction. But yeah, I've had like mixed relationships with it over the years, but honestly, just sports movies in general, I have mixed feelings about. But I think I do. I think it's just all about the my cause you talk about like romanticizing. If you're in that kind of like slow paced, relaxed, like throwback mood like, then a baseball movie is exactly what you need, but you need to be in the right mood for it.
Speaker 1: I don't like romanticizing the game, and I hate being told that it's not boring. If you have to tell me that baseball is not boring, it might be.
Speaker 2: I've never understood the focus on that from the people who are defending it, because you're I agree with your point exactly, like talk about what's amazing about it then, but oh yeah, that's a whole conversation. I will may get into it more or later, but I'm not going there.
Speaker 1: Thank you for taking him off the board, because I didn't even want him. Okay, I know that you have to take him number one. I don't want him. You know who I want. I want two utility players that can go anywhere on the field. They're both fucking studs. I will take Pablo Sanchez from backyard baseball and Benny the Jet Rodriguez. They can do anything on the field. Yes, Benny the Jet might be an outfielder when he's in the big leagues. He can do anything in the sandlot. It doesn't matter. Both of these guys are such great pickups because I'll tell you right now, some positions a little thin. They can fill in and do anything.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. So we didn't talk about this beforehand, but we're in agreement that like those guys. Obviously, yes, they fit utility roles, but you can't take someone who's a second baseman and put them at short stop. Outfield. You can't. But that's it.
Speaker 1: Okay, outfield, you can move around, but people will know if you're putting Pedro Serrano in center field, you're gonna have some problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, God, dude, that's brutal. I didn't expect you to take both of them. That's honestly grew who that grew grew. Jeez, that is a rise of grew. Yeah, my bad, I that that is a Those are a great pair of picks, although I have other players that I like more, but from a value so don't get me.
Speaker 1: Wrong, Like there are I think there are better players at other spots, but this opens me up because there's one or two positions that has one player that you could probably slide in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, This is the thing that's interesting about these kind of drafts too, because Wes and I during the Change my Mind Day did this with football too, and I think you you run into stuff where there are movies that you know well, or like there's movies that we all know well when it comes to the sports movies, but there are some that kind of like, I'm not planning on making a pick for Mister Baseball, but like that's a movie that like doesn't get the same kind of hype as you know, the Sandlot or even Rookie of the Year necessarily gets. But that's kind of the other thing I'm trying to weigh out. I knew Pablo Santiez would go early, but not Benny the Jet. This is gonna force my hand a little bit, all right, so all right, I'm gonna make another outfield pick, and I'm also gonna make an infield pick. First, for the outfield, I'm gonna go with everybody's favorite. Everybody's a big Bernie Mack fan. Of course I'm gonna I'm gonna go with mister three thousand, but not Bernie Max's character.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, Okay, I say it is Bernie mac first basement in the movie.
Speaker 2: I just yes, and I was not interested in him. I'm gonna go with t Rex pana Baker because in that movie he's hitting like three thirty and he had fifty home runs?
Speaker 1: Is it Bomb's bombs? And he pens all those home runs. Ah, what a great part.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonn take him. I thought it was. Seriously, my big board was like Roy, Hobbs, Panabaker, and Sanchez. Those are my top three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's a great pick. I think numbers wise, he's probably your best choice in the outfield. Like you said, power average a little bit quicker if he takes those chains off.
Speaker 2: Maybe no, no, no, we need all the change. Okay you want the chance, Yes, I need to come on. We need some style. We need to make the game. We need to make the game not boring Goose. That's right.
Speaker 1: You want the one like super boring character Roy Hobbs, and then offset that with t.
Speaker 2: Rex exactly exactly. You can't have the same and your next pick. So my other pick, this will be where my hand's getting a little bit forced. Another position that is quite thin. Third base is a thin position. But there are two guys there. I'm gonna go with Angels in the outfield, Ray Mitchell as my third baseman. He was the only guy on that Angels team that did not need help from the Angels. He was a good hitter, goodfield. They saw him make a nice play in that in one of the games there. So yeah, Ray Mitchell, a guy who I didn't want to take this high, but you took my two utility guys.
Speaker 1: All right, those are two great picks, and I am gonna now take I believe the best starting pitcher on the board, the guy pitched in the World Series twenty seven up, twenty seven down, twenty seven strikeouts, did it on three pitches every time, immaculate innings every single time. And that is Steve Nebraska, played by Brendan Frazier in the Scouts he's your ace, he's the number one guy on the board, and I don't think you have anyone that can hit him.
Speaker 2: I think that's a great call. I do think there's quite a few good pitchers to pick from. That was a guy who wasn't who was on my radar, But I wasn't gonna go there. I have a different option that I think I can sneak later in.
Speaker 1: All right, So with that choice, I am now gonna take his battery mate, and I'm looking at pure value here. This is war. I am going with the guy that he might not be the best physical catcher back there behind the plate, but I'm gonna take a guy that's gonna fucking swap me forty dongs year. He's gonna hit the masturbator. And that is Jack Parkman for Major League two.
Speaker 2: Nice okay, nice, okay major League two too? Yeah, yeah, okay, awesome. All right, I'm gonna go and make another utility play. Because the thinnest position in all of these, between the movies, shows, video games and everything, the thinnest position is one thousand percent shortstop, and quite honestly, as we kind of contemplated, I think it is I'll be curious to who you're gonna take. But that's part of why I wanted video games left in this. I wanted Sanchez as my shortstop. I'm gonna have to go with another speister who's gonna help me out, probably number two player, maybe number three in all of backyard baseball. And that's good old Pete Wheeler. He's gonna be playing up the middle for me. Need some wheels. All right? Well, what was that? You don't you like it or you.
Speaker 1: Don't I don't love it. I think that I think you're reaching a little early.
Speaker 2: But I was worried that you're gonna take him. Okay, that's unfortunate because he was a guy I was totally comfortable taking. But at the same time, I didn't want you to to steal him from me. So that's that's a little disappointing, but at the same time still want him on my team. That I'm actually gonna go with a pitcher who can also serve as a relief pitcher but works as a starting pitcher as well, depending on who else I can get, because I think, again, there is a guy I can sneak. I'm gonna take Ricky wild Thing Vaughn as a as one of my pictures that I'm gonna have in my rotation again. Could start, could relieve, depends on who else I end up picking throughout this draft.
Speaker 1: So you could either get a really good Ricky Vaughn. You could get a very bad Ricky Vaughn. I would suggest going with the reliever. He's not a very good starter.
Speaker 2: That's the that is the hope, that is the plan, and depending on where I go, he that that ends up working on. I think it will work out for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna take two positions right now that I surprisingly first base. Not a lot going on in these movies. I feel like catcher, outfield, those are the those are the big spots that all the players go to. And I'm gonna go with Clue hey Would from Major League. He is the first baseman for the Yankees. He was the Triple Crown winner and led the league in nose hair.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a nice It's funny because you know there's another like, there's another like villainous type hitter who I have on my list at as a significant amount of nose here too. I didn't think about that till right now. Wow.
Speaker 1: And maybe I'm going a little too contact heavy here, but I'm doing this to kind of screw you. I feel like this is the only all star caliber second baseman second base, worst position on the board. I thought you were gonna take her in a second here or even prior to this, and that is Marla Hooch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, when we got the video game stuff kind of in the mix, that does give me a little bit of flexibility. But at the same time, when you're talking movies strictly and like in Chosen whatnot, there's no other option at second base. It's it's ridiculous. I don't know who. Like there's guys, like there's a second baseman in Rookie of the Year, but other than that, like, who else is there? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I don't like because I'm looking at my board right here and I just did it. My last four picks. I went one, two, three, four. Makes me feel stupid.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on what you end up valuing, and uh, you know, with this goo, I did a bit of research. So there was a movie that I found as a little bit of like an Ace in the Hole, that I think is gonna help me as we progress in this draft, but I'm not gonna necessarily go there yet. You've already picked first base. You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna, actually I think I am gonna go there right now because I have to fill out. You've already got second base. Yeah, I gotta. I'm gonna finish off my outfield, and I'm gonna finish off I'm gonna start further on my infield. All right. So for outfield and catcher, I'm gonna pick two players from a movie I am almost certain you've never heard of. I could be wrong. It is called Bingo Long Traveling All Stars and Motor Kings. That is starting James Earl Jones and Billy D Williams. Have you heard of that movie? I.
Speaker 1: In my research found it and went right past. As I said, I want to win this. I don't want to trick the audience.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not trying to trick the audience because these guys are the three guys that are on my radar, have simple comps, very easy. You have Leon Carter, who's gonna be my catcher, played by James Earl Jones. He is basically supposed to be Josh Gibson. He and Josh Gibson are the best hitters in the Negro leagues at this time. He is a fictional character. He is going to be my catcher. And then furthermore, we have Esquire Joe Vanderbilt Callaway Mouthful. He ends up being a nineteen year old that joins the team. Absolute stud Think of that Ken Griffy Junior commercial that we saw when we were kids where he goes across the globe to make that big catch. This guy does that in that movie as well. Legitimately they do that same exact thing and he ends up getting the shot at the big leagues at the end of the movie as a nineteen year old. So that's gonna be my one of my outfielders as well. I have two guys who can play center field. So some Mookie bets Jackie Bradley junior situation.
Speaker 1: I feel great now. I'm no longer worried.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I have more faith in your audience than you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna go with two outfielders right now, and I'm thinking TWINSS and I'm not talking back to the miners. I'm talking Wesley Snipes and Wesley Snipes Willie Mays Hayes and Bobby Rayburn.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, nice.
Speaker 1: Bobby Rayburn MVP in the league, several time MVP. He also brings the power. He can do it all. Whereas you know, this speed shows up to the ballpark every day.
Speaker 2: This is true. But part of my issue with taking Willie mace Hayes is this is an actor who like he didn't like they I remember seeing multiple things into King like he was terrible at baseball, and we've seen That's another thing that I run into with some of these, like movies like Summer Catch, Freddy Prince Junior didn't look exactly great while he was playing.
Speaker 1: Is that why you took Charlie Sheen? Is that why you took Sheen? Because he actually looked like a major leaguer.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying I couldn't. I had William mace Hayes on my board, but I wasn't gonna take him because knowing that the guy who actually plays him can't play baseball. I just feel are doing it. I'm not saying all these guys are perfect, but that just just put on the ground and run. What are you talking about? I understand the guy actor can't play he's theastest fucking person in the world. Sure, fair, fine, whatever, you're out, Bud. All right, So first base, I'm gonna go venture over to Little big League and this guy was an all star.
Speaker 1: Also go to the movie Gung Ho and pick this guy.
Speaker 2: People in the Little Big League. I mean, they've run reruns on that for LB network all the time, like it's ridiculous. Guy ends up dating his manager's mom, which is, you know, a regular Delante West situation. And I can appreciate that. But I'm gonna go with Lou Collins as my first basement. Maybe not as much power, but I got plenty of that elsewhere. And I love the guy who hits for average. All right. Uh, then that leaves me with second base. So let me ask you this, goood. Yes, I have two people that I can pick between. One of them is a child. Yes, both of them are. I guess technically both their children. Go ahead. One of them's Kelly Leak. Kelly Leek plays outfield in the movie. He's very clearly I didn't see that. I don't remember the sequels. I think I saw part of the one where his dad's the manager or something. But anyways, do we like it's Kelly Leak an outfielder strictly because you I only remember him playing outfield.
Speaker 1: If you don't see them playing the position in the movie, you can't use him there.
Speaker 2: Yep, one hundred percent. I just wanted to make sure on that that was so that that clears up.
Speaker 1: So like, let me just put those out there, Like Benny the Jet, Rodriguez would play any position that his friend was then batting for, so he was he was ready to play everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent. De Rodriguez is no brainer. Like I I get the whole part about when the outfield, like he played the outfield later in his career and stuff, but as a kid, one hundred percent all right, so h then in that case, that's going to finish it out for me. For second base, I'm gonna go with Keisha Phillips as my second basement from backyard baseball. So I got number two and number three. Obviously, Pablo Sanchez is the best in backyard baseball, it's undeniable. But I got the next two best, Okay.
Speaker 1: I will also take a video game player, and if you're thinking to yourself, way second, who is the best baseball player possibly of all time. That would be Barry Bonds. Barry Bonds was not in MVP Baseball four and five because of I believe player Association rules where there was an issue he couldn't get in there. So in his spot, they had a player in their name, Jim Dowd. I will be taking Jim Dowd, all.
Speaker 2: Right, that is that is a fair point. I'm pretty sure it was John Dowd, John who necessarily.
Speaker 1: John Jim who gives a fun Now you.
Speaker 2: Get John Jim doubt. I'll take John Dowd. Yeah, just for so everybody know. It's just for full transparency. I mean, I think you have this one of the smartest audience. Smartest audience is in podcasting. I can't spite the fact I can't say that. You know, he's based very clearly on Barry Bond.
Speaker 1: He is Barry Bonds, just like Anthony Freese is Kevin Malar. But I don't want him.
Speaker 2: I'm just putting that out there for the people if there's any voting in all of this process. I know some of these players again that I talked about, are based on fictional characters, but he is the state. He is Barry Bonds, like not He's also like.
Speaker 1: Two guys from a movie, and you're like, this is essentially Josh Gibson, this is this and this.
Speaker 2: But they mentioned Josh Gibson the movie. They mention other characters like other real life players in the movie. I'm just saying that there might be slight difference there.
Speaker 1: Hear me out, Barry Bonds Black, John Dowd White.
Speaker 2: This is true. This is this is a fact. Ye. I'm not protesting the pick. I'm just saying, when you guys go to vote for it, just think about it a little bit now. All that said, the other guy who was based on a real particularly based on a real life individual in that movie that I mentioned before, is the character the movie's namesake. That's Bingo Long. He is supposed to be effectively Satchel Page, so much so that in a crucial part in the final game of the movie, he calls all the players into the infield, just like Satchel Paige supposedly did back during his playing days, being along played by the beloved Billy D Williams. He is actually gonna be my starting pitcher, allowing wild thing Rick Vaughan to be my setup man possible closer then moving over too closer. I'm gonna go with the kid. He's I'm assuming he's healthy. And how are we treating Henry Rowan Gardner in this situation? Is he the peak Henry wrong Gardner? He kid, Harry Henron Gardner.
Speaker 1: He's the one with the elastic arm.
Speaker 2: Okay, the elastic arm. That one hundred percent. I am taking Henry row and Gardner as my closer, making things a little more reliable than wild thing. Because once Henry figured it out, he was all set.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have a nice little bullpen there. I need the stretch here on my pitchers, and I'm gonna look out of Actually, you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna take my manager right now. Nice, take my manager. And I think there is no manager better in any of these baseball movies than Lou Brown Major League.
Speaker 2: Okay, Nice, I think it's a sell pick. He was definitely on my board. This one's the toughest one to necessarily decide on.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I think that's the easiest number one. And then I'm gonna look at pictures here. I still need two pitchers, a pitcher that I saw strike out several batters with one pitch. So he threw one pitch and it was there's a line of batters that it went right through. Wow, go bugs, Bunny, Wow, bugs Bunny. I can't believe bugs Bunny fell to this round. Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow dude, Wow, I am so upset with myself. That is amazing. That is a great call. Dude. Wow. I thought about that. I used to think about that as a kid, like you know, stupid things that you think about, like you know X Men characters, like if you're drafting a team of like X men, you know baseball players like gandit would be a picture that you want because of his obvious powers, part of why I liked him so much as a kid. But like god, I just like so this that is just so lazy and so overthought by me. God, I should have had him on my team. I like my pitching staff. But that's a great pick, all right. That just leaves me with my manager. What pition do you have left?
Speaker 1: I need one more picture, all right?
Speaker 2: So, uh, the lou Brown was on my big board. The other guy that I was very much thinking because I appreciate I appreciate open mindedness from a manager. I don't want somebody who's just buy the book all the time, whether that's you know, old school way of thinking like a Lou Brown or this new age Kevin Cash nonsense where you pull Blake Snell despite the fact that he's shoving. I want a guy who can get creative and who can you know, parse through the bs and also like listen to some wild stuff and figure it all out. And that's gonna be for me. George Knox from Angels in the Outfield. I mean, it takes a lot to listen to a kid who's talking about seeing things, you know, but it worked out, it paid off for them. So George Knox is gonna be my guy.
Speaker 1: I believe you have one more pick?
Speaker 2: Uh? No, I have? I have everybody.
Speaker 1: Then how do I still have one more pick? I thought you did Serpentine. Oh I only took dowbd by himself because you were mocking me. Oh shoot, that's all right, whatever, I got one more pick, and I'll even this is now. This now has an asterisk. Fryar fucked me on this. Fryar jumped in when he shouldn't have.
Speaker 2: But you didn't take that with bugs, bunny.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go ahead and take a lefty to put on my team someone that's able to pull at Jessica Biel, and that is Ryan Dunn.
Speaker 2: Dude, Oh my god, if any but anybody listening right now, if you vote for Good, if Good has to vote, and you vote for his team. When he picked Ryan Dunn, this is as good as that bugs Bunny pick is. Ryan Dunn is equally as bad, like the exact opposite ends of the spectrum. That is absurd. Why would you take him? He is the worst looking baseball player ever.
Speaker 1: Whether this is a draft for fictional baseball players or Jackass members, I'm taking Ryan Dunn, all right, put it back.
Speaker 2: A little bit there, but no way, dude, he's so bad like he's I don't mean to sound snobbish when it comes to this kind of stuff, but sometimes you watch like sports movies and guys that just looks like they have no clue what they're doing. Did you see Jessica Bile in that movie? That's fine, it has nothing you're talking about Jessica Bill. I'm talking about Freddy Frinch Junior's at.
Speaker 1: I'm taking them for Jessica Biel.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it.
Speaker 1: I don't even need a third pitcher. I have the I have the guy who can throw twenty seven outs with twenty seven strikeouts, and then I have a cartoon rabbit.
Speaker 2: You know what, you make a strong argument. Who am I to deny any of that? If you think that you're you're the Brendan Fraser is gonna freaking throw a perfect game when I have t Rex Pennabaker, who has fifty bonds in his three thirty.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna hire twelve miles an hour though.
Speaker 2: Ye see. And Roy Hobbs come on, dude, no way, calm down.
Speaker 1: Give me your rough lineup all right?
Speaker 2: Uh oh, she's a rough lineup. Okay, all right, I am gonna go with t Rex penna Baker leading things off, Roy Hobbs batting. Second, Leo, you're superpower like in the first spot. Yeah, but I liked it when Mookie bets let off, especially when you have some speeds. Right nowt t x Penabaker can also steal a bag a little bit more so than MOOKI. But at the same time, I do like that. Uh, you got Roy Hobbs protecting him. Then you've got lee Leon Carter again, the Josh Gibson. Uh you know comp player who has a ton of power bat and third. Then I'm gonna go I probably should have bumped Nah. Then I'm gonna go with Esquire Joe Vanderbilt Callaway at the number four spot to protect Leon from there. Want a little bit of average, I'm gonna go with Luke Collins. Then I'm gonna go Keisha Phillips, Ray Mitchell, and then to round things out, to have a nice leadoff guy when you wrap around ahead of Esquire, I'm sorry, ahead of t Rex, I'm gonna go with Pete Wheeler at my number nine spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I am gonna have Pablo Sanchez batting first and playing short stop. Benny the Jet Rodriguez will fill in at third base. Not the ideal spot to have men third base, very very thin. I mean, you have guys like Roger Dorn. You took Ray Mitchell ed from the movie Ed. If I wanted to put a monkey at third that was an option, but I didn't need to.
Speaker 2: The only other guy that I had was Kit hit or die Kesey Wels was Angels in the outfield. He was like a White Sox villain hitter.
Speaker 1: So then I go Ray Burn in the three. I'll have him in left field. I'll have John Dowd, Jack Parkman hitting in the five, Haywood hit in the sixth, then we go Marla hoot seven. I'm then gonna have my pitcher Nebraska hit eight. I think that he's a better hitter. He's got some power. He hit the only home run in that World Series game. I bet you forgot about that is dual. He's like fucking show heyo Tani yep.
Speaker 2: No, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: And then I'm gonna have my speedster Willie Mays Hayes batting ninth.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I like that. I forgot we did eight hitters. And then the pitcher's obviously gonna have to hit in this situation, but doesn't necessarily throw off too much my stuff. How many people from well, I'm not asking the number, Maybe you list them off. Who else from your big board did you have that did not get picked?
Speaker 1: Catcher actually has a lot of people in there, so, Donnie Hinson, I'm surprised you did not take her. She possibly the best player in the league in a league of their own. Toss up between her and Marla Hooch, but same team, both great players. Hamilton from San La the Ham, the Great Hambino, Jake Taylor from Major League if you wanted a wiley veteran, or Crash Davis from Bull Durham.
Speaker 2: Crash Davis in Dottie Henson were my two picks that I was leaning towards before uh Leon.
Speaker 1: Carter first base. Bernie mack for mister three thousand mm hmmm nice. Maybe he's not the best player anymore, but he learns how to be a good teammate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely I had. I mean, obviously Jack Ellie again I mentioned mister baseball, just another name to mention, but also the other guy I was taking if if you because the clue Haywood was on my list, but if you took Luke Collins, I was actually probably gonna puth take Butch Hato, who is the Mets villain hitter in Rookie of the Year. You're not getting the fastball by that.
Speaker 1: Guy, big stinky cheese second base. All I had was Hooch. I had no one else, so no, but I was also I was prepared though that if I couldn't get Hooch, I had those two utility guys at the top that I was going to slide shortstop second base.
Speaker 2: That's why I thought you were gonna get like I thought two three. I thought that t Rex Pennebaker was going to go in that in that slot, and then it would be Pablo Sanchez that those were my two three, and then Roy Hobbs would go number one. I thought I would get Benny a Jet and like that threw me off. That's why I took Pete Wheeler as early as I did. That was a poor value pick on my part, but I still want him on my team.
Speaker 1: Wilmer Valderama from Summer Catch. He's a shortstop. Okay, he likes big ladies too.
Speaker 2: Yes he does, This is true.
Speaker 1: Squints from the Sandlot he also played shortstop if you needed someone else up the middle. Most of my outfielders were taken, but three were still on the board. We had Tony Danza from Angels in the outfield, HM, Pedro Serrano Major League. Now, if you're just tossing me fastballs, I'm gonna take him. But if you're tossing any of that junk in there, I don't like his chances.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah, one hundred percent, real quick. Going back to to infield in Sandlot. Yeah, yeah, was also a shortstop for them.
Speaker 1: He was a third baseman. Though he was a third baseman, he was third base, third base.
Speaker 2: I thought he was shortstop. Okay, my mistake.
Speaker 1: Pretty sure he's third base.
Speaker 2: But either way, going back to your outfield, obviously Kelly Leak, who we mentioned previously, and then again to go back to the natural, we got the whammer Walter Ramble. Now he's supposed to be a beast and again he's like a babe ruth. But also the knock against him and why I wasn't going to be on my final three was Roy Hobbs showed him up in that like impromptu like spot where they're like throwing, you know, when he's striking him out along along the train tracks.
Speaker 1: Edward Cullen played by uh Robert Pattinson in Twilight.
Speaker 2: That's wow, that's a really good call. I'm glad you didn't pick him, because I know you could. I mean, do you can give a shit about those movies? Right?
Speaker 1: I love them my favorite movies. That's my favorite books. I love those books. I want to read those books right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, now now we know stretching, although now you do use hoopla.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my kid takes out too many books for me to take any books out, but still.
Speaker 2: O because he doesn't have a library card. Okay, yeah, yeah, we share the hoopla. I mean it doesn't cost much. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Pictures we have Sam may Day Malone from Cheers, Eddie Harris, Major League, and Kenny Powers.
Speaker 2: Nuklu Loosh, Billy Chappel, Henry Rowan Gardner, Kenny Powers. Oh uh, you know a guy who I Okay, so there's two guys. Well, you guys always make fun of me. How I bring up my own pitching coach was in Rookie of the Year. Obviously, there's a Dodger's picture trip whatever pictures got a big butt had to do it. And then the other one that I really wanted to mention was wit Bass, who was the starting one of the starting pictures and Angels in the Outfield. He's the guy who comes set and comes set again. You know what I'm talking about, the one who box Yeah, I mean it's basically a bock. Yeah, I'm blanking on the actor's name. We've seen many movies from shows, but I think about that line where the broadcasters, like any comes set and come sets again. I think about that. I've thought about that a lot in my life, like way too much. One of those random lines that makes no sense.
Speaker 1: All right, So those are all the players. Head over to social media right now or hop on the comments section of YouTube right here and tell us who you believe won this fictional baseball player fantasy draft.
Speaker 2: Let's get into.
Speaker 1: Max Sack and Mack Sack could be anything, It could be a boat. And this week coming out in July, we have two superhero movies. We have Superman, we have The Fantastic Four, And in the past couple of days we have been shown the popcorn buckets for both movies. So now it is a battle of the buckets. Which one do you want? In one corner we have for the Fantastic Four, there's a Herbie bucket where you can eat out of the robot, or a Galactus bucket you can eat out of Galactus's head. But for Superman, it is a popcorn glass with Superman on the outside of the glass blasting his heat vision into the popcorn maker and heating up the popcorn. What are you going with?
Speaker 2: The Superman one is a really really nice touch, but I'm gonna go with number two. What I think Galactus having the Galactus head is freaking awesome. The Herb the Herbie one is like a way distant third. It's like it's almost like, why do you even bother doing that?
Speaker 1: Look, we are getting head buckets from all of these movies. I think that when a movie gives you something different, something a little unique, like Superman on the outside of a popcorn glass heating up the popcorn, you say thank you please.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it. I mean, I'm not saying I don't think it's a bad pick. I don't think it's I think they did a great job. I just think the Galactus one, it looks like it's well done. Now, I will say, we're seeing pictures of the Galactus one in person, I would trust more that the Superman one is going to look a little bit better because it's a little bit simpler. The Glactus things look like it's got a ton of details, so that could end up looking a little bit cheaper in person than what we've seen in pictures.
Speaker 1: In fairness, check to the comments section and let us know which popcorn bucket you want. Nick, you want to plug yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure you guys go check out tl DR Comic book clubs where we talk about all the comics, all the books that are the movies are based on MCU DC comics. You know, we've got even got Goo reading. That's how good our show is. I'm not even gonna mention the awards that we won because I think I'm not allowed to do that anymore on this show.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm gonna be nice to you guys because Doc has a three D printer.
Speaker 2: Now, oh this is very true. But you know, speaking of Docy and the show, Doc has talked about Fantastic Four stuff that's kind of going to inspire these movies, and then also Superman stuff that's that it is going to inspire Superman legacy as well. So he's talked about those books in spoiler free capacity to that way, you guys will have an idea of what the tone will be in those movies.
Speaker 1: All right, And the Mac and Goop program you can hear us anywhere podcasts are found. You're listening to us right now, so you don't have to search anywhere. If you're on YouTube, believe a comment below, give us a like thumbs up, subscribe if you write a review on Actually you know what, so Apple podcasts. Yes, write a review. I would also like you, if you are on Spotify, write a review on there. Apparently you can give five star reviews on there, so everyone head over to Spotify and give us a five star review there. Check us out at the top of next week, where we'll be doing a news dump. I assume hopefully Mac is not I tie anymore and he's ready to podcast. Thank you for joining me. Frier Tuesdays for Goosdays, I Abused Kangaroos, Jam Burton, Please flip the cassette over to side B to continue the adventure. Now it's time for girls jumping on trampapalines.