Speaker 1: We are live at the Justin Turner Golf Tournament, eighth annual golf tournament benefiting the Justin Turner Foundation. And we have Dodger Royalty right around the desk. Two Dodgers National League Rookies of the Year, one older than the other. One in nineteen ninety two, won the National League Rookie of the Year, the string of five in a row, Eric Harros whose nickname was Fabio back when he played. And we have a man that won back to back Rookies of the Year with my other favorite, Cody Bellinger. And that is the one and only two time two time World Series Champion, two time two time World Series MVP, the one and only Corey Seeger, Corey Man. You know this is the only reason why I come out here is to see you.
Speaker 2: I might walk away now, yeah, come on, come on man.
Speaker 1: It's always a pleasure. Great to see you you too. How'd you guys swing today?
Speaker 3: We put a good run on it. We might be at the top of that leaderboard, so we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, watch out. I'm telling you, hey.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you. The way you're playing it down makes this even more suspicious that Justin Turner rigged to win his own golf tournament.
Speaker 2: Hey, sometimes you gotta you know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, did Ryan Pepio hit a hole in one again?
Speaker 2: No, but he came pretty close a couple times, did he really? Yeah? I didn't kill the ball, Oh God, drove the green a couple of times.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We Oh, I have out there.
Speaker 1: I was out there. I saw what you guys were doing out there. Geez, Justin Turner, what does he mean to you? Why do you and Maddie Seeger come all the way back to California for this golf tournament? I know it's not just because of golfing. You come because of Courtney and Justin and what they do.
Speaker 3: Yep, we come for the humans. You know, they're just they're incredible people. How they've supported the city, how their foundation has supported many people.
Speaker 2: You know, that's why you come. You know, it's the relationship.
Speaker 3: Of me and him, Courtney and Maddie, even me and court right like, we're we're all good friends. So it's just that relationship that brings you out.
Speaker 2: Here and you know and will always be here.
Speaker 1: It feels like anybody from those teams from twenty fifteen to twenty twenty twenty twenty one. If anybody needed the other, it feels like you guys would be there for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. You know, we were a really close group, and.
Speaker 3: You're right, just the support that we have for each other and just spend a lot of years together and you become friends. You know, it's on and off the field, but mostly off the field. Now that we're all we're all good friends still and stick together and we show up.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what you're supposed to do for your teammates and your friends.
Speaker 1: Now that you're all married and all of you now have kids, it felt like there was a lot well not you, that's right, I'm sorry. I was thinking Justin and Courtney with Bo Courtney.
Speaker 2: That's a cute little kid.
Speaker 1: Cute little kid, a lot of ginger, a lot of ginger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cute kids.
Speaker 1: It's great when you could give it back to the parents, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where I Matt.
Speaker 3: But no, he's a cute little guy, that one that you might run away with.
Speaker 1: All right, let's run let's rewind. All you guys got married within a year of each other. I mean that was the most insane thing. I was very much against all of you getting married. I wanted you guys to live life to the fullest, even though I do at this point in time, even though I'm married, I felt like I was saying, hey, guys, I mean, it's great to be in somebody else's wedding, but you may want to pump the brakes on getting married.
Speaker 2: No, we all live our lives with our wives now.
Speaker 1: Maddie I met Maddie, except Maddie, except Mattie Seeger. I love Mattie Seeger.
Speaker 2: She made my life better. That's why we got married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did. You need a woman that makes you better. My godfather said a woman will make you or break you, and Maddie Seeger has made you.
Speaker 2: She tries to break marry.
Speaker 1: Hey, I told you I live in the doghouse, you do, see right there, that's where we got married. I feel like the divorce is coming pretty soon too.
Speaker 3: Right here at the place she got married. She's gonna call you in a second.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you watch the World Series or no?
Speaker 2: We're in Europe?
Speaker 1: So really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So the time change was hard.
Speaker 1: But did you plan that you didn't want to see the playoffs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I was. I was excited for all those guys over there. I was excited for the city, you know, not having the parade in twenty twenty. That said, he deserved that, so it was it was really cool to see it. It was it was awesome to uh just kind of live through him. So it was a cool moment for them.
Speaker 1: How about Walker Bueller, a guy you knew when he first came up. To see him have that moment feels like he was ready for when he had that final strikeout to give that pose.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know, he he deserved that moment though.
Speaker 3: You know that that guy's been through a lot and to be able to come back and compete.
Speaker 2: And that's the guy you on the mountain.
Speaker 3: You know when we were when we were playing together, that's the guy we always wanted on the mound. So he's a special person and the right guy for that spot.
Speaker 1: I'm a true believer in there are guys made for October. It seems like he is made for October.
Speaker 3: He absolutely is made for October. There's a there's a game you need to win. That's the guy you want on the mountain.
Speaker 1: Corey Seeker's the guy I want at the plate too.
Speaker 2: I'd rather hit him on the mountain.
Speaker 1: Dang, I had both. Hey, Europe. By the way, Maddy Seeger see making you global. I don't think you've ever left what North Carolina before? And now she's taking you to Europe. Where did she take you?
Speaker 2: I'm a world traveler now, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you've been to only Major League Baseball cities and North Carolina.
Speaker 2: You're not far off.
Speaker 1: And she took you to Europe.
Speaker 2: Just a couple where Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: Where did she go in Europe? Think?
Speaker 3: We started in Rome, then we went to Tuscany, Lake Como, and then the last three days we were in Switzerland, we did Lucerne and Zurich.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite city in Europe?
Speaker 2: Lake Como?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sure, it was like a green screen. It felt like I was staring at a green screen all year.
Speaker 2: All day.
Speaker 1: Now you know why Clooney goes there.
Speaker 3: No doubt, I completely get it. You know, just that place was pretty, specially no the food. It was incredible. Just anywhere you went it was a it was a cool experience.
Speaker 1: Tuscany very big wine country right there.
Speaker 2: Very big. We went to a couple of wineries. It's really pretty.
Speaker 3: We say it this like kind of almost castle venue that was up on a hill, and it spread out over like four thousand acres.
Speaker 2: It was it was really cool. It was really cool.
Speaker 1: Damn, I take it. I'm happy you got married. See you never would have done that ever. I would have never left Matty Seger. She's the winner and I owe Maddy Seeger a lot. Without her, you would not be sitting here. She gave the green light. She said, Corey, I would really appreciate it if you spoke to the great David Vass.
Speaker 2: She's the boss and I always say yes, dang Hey.
Speaker 1: I'm available if you need me for ranger talk. I would come to Texas for Corey Seeger and Matty Seeger. I'm available.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's the boss.
Speaker 1: Hey, it could be my last dance with the Dodgers Ranger talk. I'll go where Corey Seeger or Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 2: Ar you went out on top.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'd be with a winner. I'd be with a winner. Hey, great to see you. Thank you for stopping by.
Speaker 2: Always good to see you.
Speaker 1: Don't ever leave. I'm not letting you leave.
Speaker 2: I'll stay here all day with you. Just you though.
Speaker 1: Man, that's awesome, that's awesome. Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: She didn't. She didn't make me come here. This was all out of me wanting.
Speaker 1: To I know you did. Hey are you staying for the live auction and dinner? Of course they just wrangled me to hope I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Be should I mean, you see this voice, how you're going. You're the perfect guy for this perfect candidate.
Speaker 1: So what can I use you to jack up the price on a few live auction items?
Speaker 3: I don't think you'll need to use me. I think she's gonna be the one doing it for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, all right? Awesome, Wow, I got the green light from Corey Seeger.
Speaker 2: She likes that Hawaii trip, so man, somebody that's her?
Speaker 1: Hey, can you believe I've known Corey Seger? The first time I ever met Corey Seger, he was in the press box at Dodger Stadium after he won Minor League Player of the Year and they were giving you the tour. You had the suit on. I mean, and look where you've come, have you? I mean, at this point in time, can you ever reflect where you started and just where you've gone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a long time ago, though, but happens fast, doesn't it. No?
Speaker 3: I mean, you never imagine that, right, like you never know how it's going to pan out. You just trying to do your job, trying to do as well as you can. You know, you never expect anything, So to be where I am, it's it really is a blessing And couldn't have done it without people like you could have done it out with my wife and you know, you just you run into a lot of good people.
Speaker 2: You know, that's kind of why we're here. You know.
Speaker 3: JT helped me in my career. You know, all those guys, and that's that's why you show up for him. You know, it means a lot.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Kershaw means a lot because of the work ethic and just what he stands for. I feel like you guys have a lot of similarities and just how you approach life, how you approach the game, You respect the game. Do you do you guys connect in that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you know, I think that's kind of the fortunate thing that I had for myself as a young guys.
Speaker 2: I watched guys who did it the right way and they let people be people.
Speaker 3: You know, they they understood how I did it and got the best out of me, and they let me do that. You know, and just a blessing for me to be able to have that and that point in my career.
Speaker 2: You know, you're still trying to figure it out.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on, there's things you don't know about, and they're just there to help you and kind of keep you in line.
Speaker 2: Right, So that was that was everything for me as a young guy. For sure.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's told me this. He doesn't look back at old starts. He just moves on to the next five day routine. I know, as a hitter, maybe you want to look back at at bats, but I get the sense from you it's the same thing. I don't care what I did to October's ago. I don't care about the World Series. I don't care if I went oh for four or four for four yesterday. You care about today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's it's all about today. Right.
Speaker 3: We're judged at seven o'clock that night. You know that you were not judged from seven o'clock to night before the next day. It's it's all about that day and winning that day. And that team was really special about being able to just be in the moment and win that day.
Speaker 2: And that's what you have to do to be good.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about Rich Hill Speaking of that, he was about being where your feet are. Yeah, he's pitching for Team USA right now.
Speaker 2: I know, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: I mean, he wanted to keep pitching, and look he found a place exactly right, America's pitcher for America's team.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he's gonna be a beauty in that club.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I.
Speaker 1: Think they're in Tokyo right now.
Speaker 2: Are they really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool. That's that's really cool. I bet he he's actually enjoying.
Speaker 1: That a lot, no doubt. Be where your feet are, Seger. That's what Richell taught me.
Speaker 2: I'm being right here beside you. That's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Nice. Nice, Thank you for coming by. Appreciate it, Corey seger Man. People get on me for going back to say O to this guy. No chance. I never turned my back on this guy. There he goes. One of our favorites, Corey seger He's been out here every year supporting Justin Turner, and he certainly is a champion himself. We're gonna continue with more from Justin Turner's eighth annual golf tournament right here on a five to seventy LA sports,