Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing amot has coming living man's property of all time. Yes, my bow, sock on, you bow down to your master. Then you did it. Then you did it. Where you did it? Allowed to play?
Speaker 2: Allowed to play, Allowed to play, Come to play the personal horse the person. The sun is rising God, Oh wake up, Wake.
Speaker 3: Up now, don't worry.
Speaker 1: We're all here to show you how.
Speaker 2: Janna Witz holds his glass station k and moot home the listens is a fan Musby, don't.
Speaker 1: Turn downtown, Jass, wait and say are you ready? Are you ready to job?
Speaker 3: It's time to.
Speaker 1: Start to show. Plastic recling about, press, Jo.
Speaker 2: Whisping, Mass Marty show, Welcome to the Working Week. It's a such a bar kick that made up that up in make it hardcore?
Speaker 1: Hey, wisby and then mess picked up your phone there line you're on the air. Good morning, It's the Big Mad Morning Show. Bmmss and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website that Rocks iss kmode dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com and we're on Facebook. Yeah, I know, we're hipping cool Facebook dot com, slash bmms six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning, Corby, good morning, good morning. We got tickets to the Black Crows. That show is August eighth over at the Hard Rocket. Your tickets Hard Rock Casino Tulsa dot com. Also got Taser Time trivia where we shock each other if we get the questions incorrect that we wrote. And we've got Willy Nilly talk about anything you want, bring up something new, go back to something. It's your chance to own the show. And Michael be joining us from Andelini's for that tales. It's Friday. If you haven't participated in one of their patios, especially with the way the weather's been this week, you are missing out. They've got great patios. When we talk about going to the movies, I think about one thing, and that is the movie. I don't think about anything else. Occasionally, I'll take into consideration if it's a plate like the comforts of the place, so I know they have those four D chairs at some of the movie theaters. If you don't know what those are, you pay a lot more and the chair will vibrate at certain times, blow in your face. Yes, it's got all these extra things, you feel, but I usually don't take advantage of that. But apparently AMC has announced new menu items. And I've never taken into account the menu items of a movie theater on whether I'm going there. Besides popcorn and hot dogs, I can't think of something special a movie theater does. No. No, but it seems like it's becoming more and more common that you can get an actual dinner. You don't have to stick with popcorn nachos, right, Waners whatever. Well, they said they have a new menu with Dillish pretzels. Dilish Dilish pretzels. Have you ever heard of this? I don't know. I don't think it's a brand because it's not capitalized. Is it dilish or like short for delices? I mean dlish is spelled d E and this is d Yeah. That tells me a deal flavored pretzel. Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I I don't know if I'm on board for that. I do love a good fresh baked pretzel. Uh, huh. Or even those frozen ones you reheat. I do love those. They are good. When we went to New York Man, they were they were massive. Go to a pub or a brewery and they had massive ones. They were so good. But I don't know about dyl. I occasionally like a cinnamon sugar like quick trip cinnamon sugar One's pretty good. Yeah, dil. Yeah, pickle flavor is something that you can you can just take in small, but at least for me anyway, small doses. I can't do a whole lot of ones. No, you're I like deal pickles. I don't love deal pickle flavoring, like I don't love Deal pickle chips. There's Dial pickle beer. I just don't love any of that. Yeah, too much of it is just to overkill.
Speaker 3: See. I can do like a sip of a Dill pickle beer. I can do maybe three Dill pickled potato chips, just the taste and I'm good. I don't need anything anything more than that.
Speaker 1: There was a guy we talked about him, the guy that orders food off Facebook and then tries it on camera. Yeah, he ordered this place. They do crunch raps, but they do crunch raps of different styles. So everybody doesn't know what a crunch rap is. It's basically a burrito, but it's a flat burrito and everything's layered and you can see it. And he did like they did a Italian sub crunch rap. Okay, looked delicious. They did a Cuban one and the layer of pickles in it. You were like, yes, and if you've ever had a Cuban. The pretzels changed the game on that sandwich. But I like pickles in those scenarios. Yeah, that's pretty much it. Yeah, again, small doses of pickle. Well, they've also announced a Hot Honey pizza. Okay, yeah, that's fine. I might be interested in that Honey I like, I like, I like the chicken. Yeah, that doesn't do anything for me. Hot Honey sausage pizza with juicy pits of sausage, deal pickle, pretzels and popcorn chicken street corn poppers. So street corn poppers, if you know what street corn is. That is where they dunk it and it's got all the cohita cheese and stuff like that on it. I'm guessing, yeah, I'm guessing. And then it's made into a little deep fried thing. I'm for that. I think if I had to pick a food thing on whether I was going to a movie theater, it would be do they serve beer? Right? And even then I'm like, oh right, because you pay fifteen dollars for a small popcorn, ain't gonna pay forty five for a cocktail or a beer. On May first, they began selling outhouse shaped popcorn buckets ew to celebrate the twenty fifth anniversary of Shrek. I don't know if want to eat my punk corn out of an outhouse.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to spend thirty five dollars.
Speaker 1: On a popcorn buck I don't think you're the target. No kids would, Yeah, but I don't know if kids that my kids love Shrek, they do not like Shrek one. That's not their favorite one. All the first Shrek Yeah okay, yeah, movies got to be almost thirty years old. Yeah right, So for them they're just like, it's fine. They like the more recent ones, not that they feel any more modern than Yeah, the first one. Shrek the Original came out in two thousand and one. Wow, wow, wow exactly. Yeah, Shrek two is in two thousand and four, Shrek the Third in two thousand and seven and then Shrek Forever after twenty ten, Shrek five twenty that's the new one coming out next year. Yeah, so fifteen year gap between the last one and this one. Yeah, milking it man, he's when he does Shrek and he's going, Hi, I'm somebody steed geriatric. Right. He yells at donkey and donkeys like, hay. What I said was him and Lord Farquhar. They're now friends, right, and they've been. You know, you get older, you don't care about that stuff. He was sitting in the old folks home playing Checkers. Him and the and the princess are divorced, trying to figure out weekds because you know, life's now married a younger, right, a younger Fiona, younger Shrek hey man or he's got a corvette I don't know, right, definitely a motorcycle and a goatee. Right, where's a leather cut. We moved out of the swamp into a one bedroom apartment. Gets to see the kids every other weekend. He would just complains that he's it's the free legates go have fun while he takes care of the kids. Yeah, that's a movie I'm interested in. It's a real Shrick oh, and if they play the same bit, you're like, okay, yeah, I have a feeling they are. Yeah, I don't know. I stopped watching Shrek after the first one. I have not seen any of the other ones at all, whatsoever. Maybe the second one, I can't remember. They're all pretty solid. I'm sure. I'm sure they are. I don't have a hatred at all. Uh, I don't. It's even hard to find a list of the best movie theater food because it always goes to guess what popcorn? Yeah, oh no, oh no, no no, or they really even not there. They're just chips and cheese with some hallowpens. Yeah that's true, right that I've just not I've never been a fan of the squeeze cheese like that, right. And maybe it's because I worked at a convenience store and I was responsible for making sure there was a fresh bag every morning of cheese. And it sits on a warmer yeah hard pass, and they stacked it next to the everything else. You know, the cases of oil. Yeah, you know how the sausage is made. Yeah, that's why I don't eat drink cappuccinos from the convenience store, because you know how they made. If you've ever seen how those are made, the powder and then the water and then if it's never cleaned, it just crystallizes and makes a stalag tite. Yeah, and you're like, oh good, it's you know, it's now a cappuccino luge, exactly exactly. I don't know what would be a good movie theater food that would persuade me, like I don't want to go because they know there's some place they do, like a dinner theater. Yeah, the what is it called the Is it called the Austin Movie House or something like that. I've never been somebody who like, let's go eat a steak and watch a movie at a movie thing, right r movies. When it comes to food, it has to be finger friendly, giggy. It has to be easy to eat in a chair. Like, like you said, a steak isn't on the radar a hamburger. I don't think that might be good, But I don't know. I just I feel like I ain't got enough room as it is, there's table for me to put my stuff on, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like chicken tenders. Yeah, would be more of.
Speaker 1: A finger food, yeah, right right.
Speaker 3: So the Warren Theater and broken Arrow has amazing cheese curds. They are really really good. I mean, you're gonna pay more high prices, you know, because it is what it is. You expect it though, you know you already know what you're you're going, and you're you're gonna pay higher prices. You just know you are. But they are really good. They have good onion rings. We went to a birthday party there in their upper level. They have a big bar up there, and they had some really good food items. There's some things that I wouldn't go for because of price or whatever, but they're cheese curds.
Speaker 1: They were amazing. Here here's some movie theater foods that you wouldn't expect. Homemade jerky. You wouldn't expect that. Paley Herman got popped for that.
Speaker 3: And yeah, right now, maybe now, maybe if there was a certain movie I would maybe you could would expect to see that type of deliverance.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, yes, yeah, I don't know. I could just sneak in jerky. Uh. Apparently AMC does chocolate hazel nut filled turos.
Speaker 3: That sounds good.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's easy to eat, right, use your hand. You ain't got it. Not a lot of work that goes into it. Isn't that mate? Uh? Cinnamon sugar everywhere, but still mac and cheese bites. Okay again, something small, easy to eat churo popcorn. Oh, it's called the Alamo Draft House, not the Austin Draft. So churro popcorn and it's uh, basically it's popcorn with like little churros in it, like very small sized churroschopped up and put in with the popcorn. Okay, truffled parmesan popcorn, sure, I mean a lot of those popcorns are okay flavored?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Loaded fries. I love loaded fries. They are messy though. Yeah. I don't think it's good theater food, and I don't like it. I like the perimeter. I can't do the gooey innerds tandory chicken skewers okay, skewer chicken on a stick. Yeah, that ain't bad. That seems easy enough to eat. How hot pepper calamari frita. So it's calamari with uh sliced jalapenos in it, okay, mixed in so yeah? Yeah. Flight of fries a flight of fries. Yeah, so they're's different types of fries. Parmesan truffle, sweet potato, green bean. So you get all three different types of fries. Okay, sign me up. This isn't gonna land for everybody, but I do love a good hummus and movie theater does a hummus tray. Weird, but okay, I mean it's a dip. Yeah, yeah, it's just a dip. Take it. I don't need the celery and carrots. Get that garbage out of here. Just give me the pew of bread or even just some corn chips. U tell a Beignetes, Yes, tuna pokey bowl. I don't want a poke bowl at the movie theater. And here's a hot take. Pokey bowls are fine. They're not all there crays like you feel healthy, I guess when you're eating them. But it's just so much raw fish in a bowl. You're like, this feels awkward. But none of those really land. Maybe the Beignets who goes to the theater and eat health food. I mean some people, they have to. That's their life. Man. Not everybody's letting it go. Man, they should. You're already letting it go with your wallet at the theater. Might as well just let the rest of it go. Come on, in for a penny, in for a pound. Why don't we just have a smoked salmon and you bring it out and just lay it out in front of me and my friends and we just kind of pick at it during the movie, all right. Or a roasted pig, that would be fantastic. They come out, two people, a pig on a skewer. There you go. So so my personality is so messed up. We went on that Disney cruise and there's a lot of dinner theaters, like things happening while you're eating, right, And I don't do well with that. Yeah, I would never be able to go to a movie and they bring me a meal and I have to sit and like clang my nut playing you know, my knife on the plate, cut my stack cause I feel bad for the performers. I'm eating my food and they're dancing and singing, you know, let it go right? Like am I supposed to watch them rights the place? Oh? God? Yeah, I just can't keep my brain straight. And I don't know if I want homemade jerky out of movie theater. I don't know. There's just something about homemade jerky. I barely trust my friend who makes it right, right, well, I'm sure they've done the research and they know they know what they're doing. I don't know what the parameters are in terms of health regulations for homemade jerky well meet and dehydration. Yeah, I understand how jerky's made. I don't know if there's a special set of parameters. And I don't know if you and your back kitchen at I don't know a lot of people that go through chef's school or become a chef and they're like, well, I started out at the movie theater, right, and I brought you know, I came up with the idea of doing jerky, and then I moved on to making truffle fry flights. Right. Why'd you leave? Well, I mean it's a movie theater, right, all right, we got to take a break. We got tickets to The Black Crows that we're going to give away. We'll be back. The Big Med Morning Show returns. Do this thing called news Quikies, but on Fridays we do just the really bizarre headlines. It's time for news quakies. World news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimbe and Lindsay with What's going on newsquakies from the Big Mad Morning showing ninety seven five.
Speaker 3: Woman with forty four dogs accused of abandoning kids at hospital.
Speaker 1: Well, you ain't got time for the kids if you're taking care of forty four goddamn.
Speaker 3: Dogs, right, I got my priorities.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they're forty four of one kind or just all different kids sources? Oh, how many kids does she have? That's the question, right? Was it just one or two? Or does she have forty four of them? And when you have forty four, let's just say she has one kid and you have forty five things you're trying to keep track of, and you forget one. Let's give her a break, right, right. Woman arrested after stealing wine and hiding it in an unspecified body cavity. Write it down. That counts. Well, it's unspecified. We're speculating. There's really only two cavities you can shut a bottle of wine. Gorbin. Oh, I clearly you've never seen a side show.
Speaker 3: But it wasn't an attack, was it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: But no, But we have we have two categories we're keeping track of. We have food attacks, uh huh, and then we have things hidden in butts. Oh yes, and we don't know if this is a butt. Can we just assume it's a butt? Nope, Nope, nope, we gotta stay. Oh come on. Christian missionary hailed as holiest man alive pleads guilty to abusing boys. Uh okay, hotly all right?
Speaker 3: Crocodile that ain't South African man also has six pairs of sandals in his system.
Speaker 1: That wasn't the only man in the crocodile eight So you can didjust people but not sandals, got it? What brand ye right talk about? Oh Jesus Christ doddlerpolls loaded gun out of diaper bag, daring traffic. Stop what I just hit there? They're not gonna look in the diaper bag. God, that's me. Uh. Colorful sea piggies are mysteriously washing up on beaches. Uh, I wonder what a sea piggy is. It's a movie. Lindsay's going to promote at nice She's a nice lady.
Speaker 3: A man who killed grandfather with one punch after a woman rejected his creepy advances is found guilty.
Speaker 1: Does he? Bruce Lee? I mean, you can hit somebody unknowingly and then not be aware of a medical situation they have true and cause them to die. They say grandfather, you instantly assume he's eighty six, but I mean, hell, I am my grandfather, right he's and you're only eighty five, and you just assume that, like they're very frail, right and can't and can't do anything right? Right? Right? He was sixty six? Okay, still, I mean he could have knocked him down, bombed his head. Boom. Now you're dead, killed with one punch. French police are warning drivers to look out for drunk deer. The video is hilarious At first, You're like, how do they know it was drunk? And you really don't except the deer's just running around really chaotic. Did they spot him in a drive through at Taco Bell at two in the morning. Well he was abusing his dough, right, I told you, clear up? Are you my bat jim suit? Over groaning and struggling weightlifters? Huh? I mean didn't that what you do? You struggling when you're lifting heavy things? I mean you go to the gym to struggle, Yeah, you do, absolutely, yeah? And groaning I hear groaning. It's like, yeah, there are some people that over embellish that yes, and they think the noise makes them lift more. Okay, right, sure, and yeah it's Fihetus.
Speaker 3: High school student with history of anger issues charged with murder of homeless woman in Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: We've got a lot of murder going on. Girl, watch out for her. Notice she ain't saying nothing, right, she's not defending it. Cargo theft ring busted after adult toy manufacturer bought their own stolen products from thieves to get the address. Smart. Yeah right, let's just let's just play the game and see whether. Yeah. I think that's smart. Got to take it into your own hands. City is reminding residents to not fire cannons. I don't know anybody who has a cannon, but if there's somebody out there that does, kind of fire it. One of my favorite slangs hand cannon. Right, that's a big old gun. Yeah, but you're right. If we know anybody that has a cannon, please let us know. We would love to come in and attack the ship.
Speaker 3: Absolutely truck gets stuck in the very same hole it was dispatched to fix.
Speaker 1: Clearly a problem, lawsuit says Oregon. Team died after doctors stitched up wound with twigs pine needles, and moss inside. Okay, but hear me out. That is what you do. If there's nothing, you'd have nothing else that you're ready. You use twigs, pine needles and moss. Yeah you can if you're in the woods. Maybe they were. It doesn't say that happened in a medical facility.
Speaker 3: That a boy Scout leader.
Speaker 1: They do things differently in Oregon. Zoom GameStop CEO says eBay shut his account after buy out funding stunt. He has put up personal items, including a pair of socks, to fund his fifty six billion dollars bid for the platform. I listen, I am no economist and I've never ran a company. I don't think socks are going to get you there. Unless there's a lot of socks. You don't know.
Speaker 3: Corb Cork, Ireland wants to erect a statue of the mosquito that gave Oliver Cromwell malaria.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I love it. Well, you know how small it would be? Yeah, right, it's there. I know it's OI. Got a line with the red velvet rope, the handout magnifying glasses. Go see the statue. Woman warns against using cotton swabs in your ears after going depth for six years. It says don't put them in your ear. Yeah, cotton swaps say don't put them in your ear, and yet what do we do? Shove them in our ears? Might be the biggest scam ever so far as from the cotton swab it's market. It is for ears. Everybody uses it for that, maybe cleaning, you know, a small track on the in your you know, door threshold. But I was gonna say, I wonder like, did they start out that way and then something happened like this incident here, and then they're like, you know, it's kind of often wondered, like how many small children had to die in a five gallon bucket before they put the label on there? Right? Right? So is it the same sort of thing? How many people you know damage their ear drums before they're like, okay, we should just tell them not to use it. But there's still other good uses for cotton swaps.
Speaker 3: Well, they're read for the outside of the ear.
Speaker 1: Like, not for the ear drum. The good stuff nobody wants. Nobody wants to do. The hits their ear. Nobody wants to hear it hit their ear drum. Nobody does.
Speaker 3: Nobody does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. But I can only imagine that when they're in the meeting after they you know, figured all this out, and they're like, well, we got to try and pivot and just do the outside of the ear. And the President was like, no, no, no, no, no, just business as usual. Name the last time you saw an ad for a cotton swab? You don't? True, states, you don't. You just buy Q tips because you'll buy the equate brand. But you go, m oh, they're not They're cheap, no thin, not enough cotton. You're just jamming your ear with a piece of plastic. Right, They're terrible. Nothing makes me more mad than when you get that brand and you just grab one out of the container to do your ear, but they apparently missed the cotton. Yeah yeah, And you're putting a stick and rubbing it on the outside and you're like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: You gotta have the cardboard stick, not the plastics.
Speaker 1: Right we got Yeah, turtles don't care about that, huh right? Please searching for man allegedly strangled goose to death. What did the goose do? I mean, I've heard of chicken, but I don't listen. I don't like the geese thing. The crap is everywhere and they huh honk all over. But I can't imagine putting my hands around it. Goose, when you got to catch up to it just to be able to strangle it. They get close enough, reach down, snack it, snag it or snack it. Oh yeah, oh god, would be really violent. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have fantasized about strangling a goose.
Speaker 1: Why am I labeled the animal hater?
Speaker 3: Geeze, piss me off?
Speaker 1: Well, don't go out back here, lindsay, because we got two of them that live on top of the drive through bank teller and they just sit up there doing goose things, plotting, plotting, and then they fly down onto the grassy knoll keeth honking at me. I'm just waiting for them to start chasing me around the building. Are going to Will you run from a goose? Yeah? They bite, I know they do. They nip. I've never been bitten by goose. I've been bitten by a lot of animals. I think I would stick around just to say I got bit by a goose. So like I think that like a bear when you're running a bears like, oh here we go, I think a goose goes ha, And like that's why they keep going right? You're running from a goose. Everybody loves right, flapping their wings, getting everybody's attention.
Speaker 3: Last one Lindsay, nineteen year old arrested for driving the wrong way. Blood alcohol content was fifteen times the legal limit.
Speaker 1: That is bizarre. One. I didn't know they had because I read this story early. I didn't know that they had different limits for adults and people under twenty one. You know, they have apparently that in this particular area they have a limit for under twenty one and a certain limit for over twenty one. And for this cat, because he was nineteen, he was fifteen times over the limit, And if he had been twenty one, he's still been just three times over. I think he blew like a point three zero two wow, which is fickled, Okay, what makes me wonder? What were you drinking? You ain't getting that drunk off of beer? Well, And I tried to find the story to find out more, and I couldn't find a viable source for it. I found it a lot on social media, but fifteen times I can't even if it was point one? Right? That's that feels like a lot, yeah and point three yeah, yeah, a lot of huge. Surprised you didn't have blood alcohol poisoning. Yeah, right, and surprisingly the cat made it fine. I mean, no accidents, didn't kill anybody. He just got pulled over and now he's looking at a dewey Anyway, Oxford Physicists says versions of you and other universes may be affecting your life. Save that for Thursday. Museum's night writer replica car got a speeding ticket. It hasn't gone anywhere in years. Well, you obviously haven't watched The Museum with Ben Stiller. Well here's the thing, man, it's so fast it doesn't look like it's moving. By the way, I don't know if you heard one of the words I said, Museum's night writer Replica Car, I'm in the original. No, then hey, come by the museum. We have the replica tonight write. Who are these people that go and see that? Die hard fans, I guess to see the replica, Yeah.
Speaker 3: To find out, to see maybe where the discrepancies are.
Speaker 1: The Only people I think that would go to see this are the people that are excited from a Madam to Sud's grand opening of a new statue. Yeah, you go to Madame Soud's you go, huh, what are we looking at? I paid to get in here. They're not. Oh Lindsay likes them. Oh she just looks so disappointed as I was crushing it.
Speaker 3: No, No, I've never been, so I feel like there's a butt in there sowthech No, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: Would you want to go? Huh?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe just to say that I've been?
Speaker 1: Why there's no clout. That's like saying I've been to a Ripley's believe it or not? Right? Which I have? I have too? You're like, yeah, I get it. That is a small turtle. Yeah, yeah, all right, we're gonna take a break. Tickets to Black Crows coming up here in a minute. If you're listening to the Big Mad Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning Lindsay, Good morning Corbyn. Rock the Bank coming up at eight o'clock this morning, your chance at one thousand dollars. Spend it how you want, maybe groceries, pay off some bills, put some guests in your tank. Be listening for that keyword and enter it to online at kmod dot com. You've got thirteen chances throughout the day to win a thousand bucks when you rock the bank.
Speaker 1: Good luck, good morning gimpee. Well, good morning Corby, and make sure you go down to one oak Field this weekend and support your tols Drillers. As it is a ranch Dippers weekend. You could pay a nominal fee and you can dunk Gorski in a big old bowl full of ranch, which should be a good time. Then all that money is getting donated to military charity. I think that's pretty awesome. And if you go while Sunday, score your free Ranch Dippers hat, buy and print your tickets at Tolsa Drillers dot com. All right, So I was just I had something else plan. But I was standing in the bathroom washing my hands, and I was looking at the soap dispenser because sometimes it like you put your hand under nergroes ring and then dispenses. You take your hand out, put it back because you didn't get enough, or you know, because they're trying to say that extra penny, and sometimes it activates and sometimes it doesn't. But I was thinking about the person that makes the soap dispenser okay, and came up with the idea of like, oh, we'll put a motion thing under that m and let's say this person revolutionized the soap dispenser. Yeah, the company is like, way to go. And then the company is like, you know what, since you did so good at making this plastic apparatus, we'd like you to figure out a better soap, better type of soap. Yeah, we don't like the soap the soap people are making, okay, And the guy's like, well, I just I just I make soap dispensers. I don't make soap, right, And he probably got that job and had to figure it out. And maybe that's why sometimes soap dispensers work good but their soap sucks. I don't know. So I was curious who else has a job where they tacked on a new responsibility. This isn't for anything special. It just hit me in there because you know that happens. I would think everywhere, by the way, not a new thing. I was looking. It goes back like people posting about it like five and ten years ago. Uh, But usually it's hey, we have six people that make soap dispensers, and now there's two, and so I'm taking on their job responsibility. Right. I do want to know what's a job responsibility that was outside your initial discussion? What's the job you got thrown in your lap that you suddenly didn't have to do. I know someone who's in management in another industry and now they have to do it stuff and they know that they know zero about it, right right, right, that's like being the the oil monkey at Walmart, and now you got to be the one that also changes tires. Yeah, I would think something like that sure might apply. Or or you're you're the you're the guy that you know works out in the oil field, but now also you're the guy that has to uh pick which car everybody drives. Yeah right, you're like, no, I'm just the oil guy. Right, that's a that's a that's a good tough question because you don't think about it. I mean they just tell you this is what you're doing now instead of no on top of right, oh right, okay. Or you go, hey, listen, I don't know anything about how to make soap, Like it's fine, just do it. You'll figure it out. Do it. Do you know how much the soap not? Ever, a lot of people are buying soap dispensers. Man, we got to figure this out. You should be grateful you even have a job making soap dispensers. Maybe the people that make the drugs also have to test them themselves. Right, you also have to be a subject matter, right, there's animals for that, But it feels like it's outside of the spectrum, like, hey, you're a teacher at the school, but also we need you to be the groundskeeper, right, the person that most I guess teachers have been doing that for a long time, right, teachers have been like you're a teacher, but you're also the football coach. Or you're a teacher and you're also the cafeteria worker, right right, right, right? Drivers a teacher, right, jobs that aren't yours. Really, I'm just I'm just here to teach them how to play a ball. Yeah, well somebody needs to teach them how to drive too, or was that you know, just the bad you know, the good old days when like we don't have a room for a coach, but if you teach drivers, ed, then you can also you know, you're really just a football coach, but we need someone to teach to you know, do drivers at Yeah that may be the case. That may be the case. Or since just using the teacher example in general, their pay has always sucked, right, so it's like, yeah, you know, football coach makes X amount, but we'll pay you a little extra to be the driver's ed teacher as well, if you really want to make it. I don't know, or is that just limited to like just a few industries. Maybe it is where they make you wear a different hat. I saw a funny meme where the guy was recording himself going on a zoom call with his boss, but he had like ten hats stacked on top of his head because that's how many jobs he's got to do. And the guy goes, hey, Jimmy, thanks for what's going on. He's like, what, here's what's it wrong with all those hats? And he's like, well, you just have all those hats. Me wearing all these hats, so I thought you'd like to see it. And the guy's not laughing, like he doesn't think it's funny at all. But it's funny, right, Expect me to do that on a call, just saying or walking to a meeting, right, because it feels like that's just the way the world is now. I feel if you're going to do that, though, they have to be all different hats, Like you can't wear just like ten different baseball hats, right, It has to be like a like a baseball cap, a ten gallon hat, a fedora, a sombrero, a welder's hat, a welder's hat. Yeah right, just tend to scuba mask for kinds of hats. Yeah, I blame dads. If I'm being honest with all this, I blame dads. Just be a dad. You don't have to be the t ball coach. You don't know how to play t ball, right you. You open the door for people to think that. Yeah, no, you sold that. I could tell you a little story about working here where everything was fine and dandy, and then one day this this duo shows up and they're like, well, we'll do that for free, and then everybody just expected everyone to do it for free after that. Right, So it just happens. Your intentions may be well, being right, but you're wake is massive, dick. My old basketball coach was Miles and my bus driver. See what I'm saying, Yeah, Hey, we need a we need a we need a basketball coach. Somebody I have a hoop at home? Done?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how does.
Speaker 1: That work out? Are the kids late from getting home from school because they got practice afterwards? Coach can't drive all the other kids home because he's got a coach basketball first, or he got an away game right, or his basketball practice later than what it should be because well, I hope we'll get to practice. I gotta take these some bitches home first. Well, unless you're know, you just do that in the offseason. Okay, yeah, okay, yeah, that makes sense. He says. I'm a truck driver and I was given the responsibility of booking and scheduling my loads sold my dispatcher, uh was off on the weekend. Definitely not paid enough for that. Nonsense, Dude, you want to go down a rabbit hole. Watch dis like load scheduling and dispatching videos on the tiki talkie. They're wild, Yeah, Nickel and Diming. Yeah. Uh. My job is to draw in animate graphics for flight simulators. Bin, But right now I'm doing QC checks for installing those flight simulators in the classroom. They gave me the job specifically because I don't really know what I'm doing. That sounds good if I can follow the instruction successfully, pretty much anyone can do it. Here's a question, why do you need quality check on installing flight simulators. It's not like something bad's gonna happen. Right. It's not like they're going to crash into a building, right, Not that not that your extra job isn't important, sir, But yeah, no, we can't have that. It's too close to the wall. That feels like an easy thing. And as you're pointing out, if you can follow the instructions successfully any much, anyone can do it, then leave it up to the people. Yeah, but that kind of goes for any job. If you can follow the instructions successfully, anyone can do it, you know, no matter what the gig is, as long as you can do exactly what I showed you how to do, we're in business. Well, I would say that it's not whether you can follow the instructions correctly. That's called obane, right, right, And people that obey they keep locked in one spot. Yeah. True, it's the people that push. But you think, think of anybody successful in your in your world. Let's just go with a mainstream person, Elon Musk. You think he's a rule follower, not at all. No, No, you got to step on some throats, man. Yeah, but can you imagine us having to take on another jump responsibility? Why would you trust us to do anything else? That's a good question. Do you hear what we do and say, yeah, we like what you do on the ear? How about you start programming? Be a janitor, right, go sell something?
Speaker 3: Go fix the tower.
Speaker 1: Hey, the air condition's not working. Can you give it a look? Right? Right? The toilet's clogged up? You want to go plumb that there? Boss? And here's the problem with that too, is you're like, hey, you know what, I'll just look at it and help somebody out without being asked. And they're like, hey, I noticed you you fix the plumbing. Yeah, yeah, I was just in there, No big deal. Well we like your work. Oh gosh, here new job title. Ah no, right, This is why I get dogged on it. This is why I'm like, mind your own business. Right. You think you're doing the right thing, but then people just take advantage of it. It's like they're looking for one little opening, grab you and snag you. Yeah, I noticed you're a real good drawler. Can you now just do the Disney movies? Mister bathroom cleaner? Right? Some people that's how they got started.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: There's some great success stories which I think are all plants and not real stories. I think they just do that to make you think, hey, I gotta get a step out of the line. Okay. So yeah, because if I try to hire an animatory, you're gonna want too much money. But a janitor who's making barely nothing, I give him just a ten grand bump. He's like, what ell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: Like a Harrison Ford built sets and whatnots in Hollywood before he became an actor. I think Hollywood jobs don't correlate because you have to have a job while you're trying to get gigs. That makes sense, I mean, yeah, okay, it isn't the It isn't the you know, the the former CEO of Walmart who was a stock you know, swept the warehouse, right and then worked his way up and then became this. It's not that right, right, the classic tale of I started off in the mail room delivering parcels and now I'm the ceo. The sex says, I work in the mailroom for school district, driving mail routes, mail routes. They fired a super advisor and gave me her responsibilities without extra pay. That line's long, right, you're absorbing their responsibilities. We're not. We've gotten rid of that position, so there's no pay for it. You're just someone's got to absorb those responsibilities, which I think is a bunch of goddamn hooey. All right, I get it, you need some help. I'm a team player. No, however, see that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Team player.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to show the boss I'm a team player. But you didn't ask me to be a team player. Bet you ain't paying me to be a team player. You forced yourself upon me. You you you you pay me to make sprockets. Well, now I'm paying you to make sprockets and you gotta go sell them on top of all that with a smile, with a smile. It's kind of like when you I always thinking about refrigerator examples. Yeah, the guy that assembles refrigerator suddenly has to figure out a better way to cool the refrigerator. That makes no sense. That makes no sense. Well they tell the guy who installed, you know, makes the refrigerators that he also better figure out how to sell more of them. Right, that makes no sense. Gimpe does his job Monday through Friday, then on Sundays. Uh, part of that is argumentative. I'll let you figure out which part which job am I doing. I haven't figured it out. Yet you guys would be assigned the daycare. Oh well, first of all, one of us is doing daycare. We'll let you figure out which one. They'll let you figure out which one of us is. But do I think that would be fun to be honest to do daycare? Oh? Yeah, Why listen, I don't mind working a daycare. I don't want to wipe some snotty noses. That's part of the though. Man, You gotta wipe snotty noses. You gotta clean butts. And not only do you gotta clean butts, you gotta clean other kids, other people's kids butts. Right the kid that calls you stupid fat uh stupid fat man? Uh huh. And then as you're changing a diaper, he's got a beef against you, so he launches one at you, you know, mid change, and now you're covered in duty. Do kids do that? Kids? Can kids time it like that? I'm sure they could. If you could time it like that, then you don't need a diaper, That's true. Lee Marvin was a plumber's helper building sets. An actor quit at the last minute. The director saw Marvin and asked him to fill the position. Okay, one anomally doesn't mean that's my point. One anomaly doesn't mean that's the thing again though, I mean, and Lee Marvin, who died at sixty three and was born in nineteen twenty four, why are we letting that still be a story that goes back to like the Harrison for thing, you are an aspiring actor working until you find other gigs, other acting gigs. So you know, he was a plumber, and it's like, we need somebody you you can act, can't you accoon? And then you go well and they paint it like what me right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got this you know in that time, thousand dollars budget movie, hundreds of thousand dollars budget movie. And they're like, you plumber guy with your crack hanging out right by the way, what was he doing on the set? Well, he was plumbing. So the directors just walk in the halls like, yeah, damn it, we need somebody. It worked, got them a gig. People are gullible, man. They just fall for stories because they romanticize it, because it makes you believe you have a chance. So maybe one day when I'm being a plumber, they'll call me and go, okay, we'd like you to be Brad Pitt, we need you in a movie. We have a guy out on medical right now at work, so I'm covering both our jobs until they can get the position filled. Luckily we get x paid extra for that since we're union and it's worked into our contract. Yeah smart, oh good, Yeah, grab good for you. Ron Jeremy, I was a fitter welder and a steel shop. The company was paying a ton for some prefab parts that fit like garbage and made my job difficult. I offered to make them myself for three fourths of the price. It would have been a nice side hustle and made my job easier. They had me make one set to compare, and they were great. The next morning a load of material showed up and told me it was now part of my normal job of no increase in pay. I quit right there. That's what I'm saying, man, right, that's what you get for stepping out. That's what I'm saying. They're hoping you do that. You think the guy that decided to put the time and temp on the bank clock out front of the bank sign out front got a raise. Oh no, to be fair, Corby, and someone asked you to be in a movie. Too, because I was friends with the director. You weren't plumbing that day. I wasn't just hanging out and just they didn't email the show out of the blue, didn't know me. I'd known the guy for ten years. So it is not the same. And I only did I didn't want to do it. I only did it because I checked the box. And I'm bad. I'm really bad.
Speaker 3: But you have your own IMDb page.
Speaker 1: You can make your own two. It is a user input it thing that is not clout. It is not cloud to have an IMDb. Anybody could go on there and alter it any way. They'd like, Oh no, please don't do that. Oh yeah, I know. My weekend prodcast is yeah, I know. Again. You asked for Monday through Friday, in which one of us doesn't work on Monday through Friday. All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back to it. Give me you got this four by four? Well, Allman says here that Supreme Court allows male distribution of abortion drug. The Supreme Court is allowing the abortion drug myth Prestone to be sent to women by mail. Yesterday, the Court extended to stay on an earlier ruling by an appeals courts that required women to get the drug through in person visits as opposed to telehealth visits. The ruling preserves the right to access the drug by mail as the case plays out in the lower courts. It says here that the US oil blockade plunges Cuba into darkness. The head of the CIA is taking a trip to Havana as Cuba says it's run out of fuel. CIA director John Ratcliffe visited alongside a US delegation yesterday, a day after Cuba's energy minister told the state media that the country has run out of crude oil and diesel and has no reserves, putting the nation grid in a critical state. Cuba gets most of its oil.
Speaker 6: From Venezuela, but when the US has been blocking its fuel shipments since it invaded Venezuela in January, the shortage has reportedly triggered blackouts.
Speaker 1: They say. Hundreds of protesters crowded the streets of Havana calling for the lights to be turned back on. The US State Department says it will provide a to Cuba and exchange for meaningful reforms. What else we got here? Oh, another round of they took your jobs Cisco and LinkedIn to cut thousands of jobs. The tech world is being rattled by another round of layoffs, with Cisco and LinkedIn set to cut thousands of employees now, according to reports. Cisco announced in a memo to employ gys on Wednesday that it would be cutting around four thousand jobs as part of a shift in focus towards artificial intelligence. Layoff notifications will begin to go out and began to go out yesterday, and impacted employees will receive pro rated payment of fiscal twenty twenty six bonuses as well as support finding new jobs. Okay. In the case of LinkedIn, the professional social network reportedly plans to layoff five percent of its staff, but according to some reports, the job cuts are not AI related. The Microsoft owned company is reportedly targeting May twentieth to begin said layoffs and okay, and then lastly here, Oklahoma executes a double murderer, Raymond Johnson. Raymond Raymond oh Rayman was convicted of killing his ex girlfriend and her seven month old daughter almost twenty years ago, setting both on fire while they were still alive. Johnson was put to death yesterday at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary and McCallister by Lethal and Jackets. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning Corbin.
Speaker 3: Did you hear that keyword. If you missed it, it was grand, g R, A and D. You put that word into kmod dot com. Enter it there and you could win one thousand dollars. Put a grand in your hand, rock the bank, all right, one thousand dollars, thirteen chances throughout the day up until eight o'clock tonight, a thousand dollars could be yours.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Good morning, Gimpie, Good morning Krbin. You like pickle ball? You like Wayser? You like pick a ball with Wayser? We can send you there. We're going to hook you up with a trip to go see Weezer in concert, hook you up with all kinds of swag, take care of you. Oh and by the way, you can play pick a ball with the band. How do you get in on that, Well, just click on that contest tab right there on the free iHeartRadio APR Time Trivia. This is where we shock each other. If you cannot get the question correct, you gotta do it three times. And we wrote the question so you may get your own question that you wrote. They're supposed to be very easy, common sense questions. Let's go GiB you went last last week, so he's going to decide who's going to go first, and that's gonna be Lindsey. I'll ask the question and Gimpee can do the shocking and we'll see how this goes. For her question one, how old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters? How old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good question. Pretty young? I think? Was he old enough to drink a beer? Was he younger? I want to say he was like nineteen or something.
Speaker 1: How old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters? Umm?
Speaker 3: But that would be I mean, I don't know. I honestly, I don't know. I don't follow golf at all, but I'll go with nineteen is sticking out for some reason, But it could be just because we had a story earlier about the nineteen year old who was drunk driving. I'll say he was twenty one years old. Final answer?
Speaker 1: How old was tiger Your face? Okay, I can be happy?
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: Is that possible for you? Is that possible?
Speaker 3: It's Friday?
Speaker 1: Well, my happy and you're happy, aren't the same? How old was Tiger Woods when he won the Masters. You said twenty one, twenty one. Final answer, Yeah, already said it. Correct answer is twenty one.
Speaker 3: Oh yay, see, you don't know what I'm thinking. I thought, Oh my god, it's probably.
Speaker 1: This isn't the only thing I have in my life. Question two as of twenty twenty six, how many more seasons has Lebron James played in the NBA than Michael Jordan? As of twenty twenty six? How many more seasons has Lebron James played in the NBA than Michael Jordan?
Speaker 3: Eight? Final answer?
Speaker 1: Feel pretty confident because.
Speaker 3: It's Lebron's twenty third season and Michael only played fifteen eight Final season or finally answer.
Speaker 1: As of twenty twenty six, how many more seasons has Lebron James played in the NBA than Michael Jordan? You said eight, and the correct answer is eight. Mj played fifteen, Lebron played twenty three? Yep or had has has well? Probably we don't know that for sure yet. Last one who won the first ever World Series in baseball in nineteen fifty? Who won the first ever World Series in baseball in nineteen fifty.
Speaker 3: Uh Okidoki. This is probably where I get shocked. It's either I have two guesses, two thoughts, either the Red Sox or the Yankees.
Speaker 1: Okay, why do you think that? Nah?
Speaker 3: Because the Yankees are like the team right, like they're the Yankees and.
Speaker 1: That we considered America's team.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, and uh, I believe that's who. Isn't that who Babe Ruth played for.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to help you with any answers to stuff.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I just feel like that so it was And I don't know why the Boston Red Sox are are popping out in my head, but I'm gonna go with the Yankees because I feel like that's the obvious choice. So I'll say the the Yankees finally answer.
Speaker 1: So, just so you know, baby Ruth played for both those teams. Oh okay, that's part of the rivalry. Who won the first ever World Series in baseball in nineteen fifty You said the Yankees? The correct answer is the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Okay, straight action.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Lindsay's gonna pick the next person to go, and it looks like it's gonna be uh gimpie hooray. So Lindsay will ask the questions and I will do the shocking and you're gonna switch microphones, Lindsay, and we'll get that set coming up a little bit. We're gonna do willy nilly, your chance to own the show, talk about anything you want. We already got one willing Nelly already sent to us ahead of time. You can do the same. So here we go with a question one.
Speaker 3: Question number one, GIMPI, what is the highest possible score you can achieve in a perfect game of bowling?
Speaker 1: Three hundred final answer?
Speaker 3: The highest possible score you can achieve in a perfect game of bowling? You say three hundred final answer, and you would be correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Al Bundy almost had a perfect game, but Peg ruined it for him. Hell yeah she was Peg. Oh oh, wolan pig. Two sixty smiles really sixty two two twenty I think is the highest I've ever gone. I'm usually in the mid to upper ones. Yeah, that's when I peeked in eighth grade. Eighth grade, as as the Valley Pockelon's Petsy Bloyning. That's pretty impressive for an eighth grader. I agree.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever broken two hundred.
Speaker 1: Were the bumpers on? No, No, I never played with bumpers or the little ramp thing kids. Okay, aw cute, Sure it's cute.
Speaker 3: It is cute to play with the bumpers.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's annoying. What cheating it? Right?
Speaker 3: What country boycotted the nineteen eighty Summer Olympics.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty Summer Olympics. You know, I think we were in the middle of a Cold War at that point in time. I'm gonna go ahead and say, this is a tricky question, right, because I'm gonna go with Russia. But was it ussr was it the Soviet Union? Or was it Russia? I think lindsay nineteen. I think if he says any of that, I think it's fine. Would you agree it's too hard to remember when those things triggered? Yeah, well, I'm willing to I'm willing to submit to. If you say Russian and it says USSR so be it? Okay, then that's what I'm gonna go with. I'm gonna go with the Russia. Final answer.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, country boycotted the nineteen eighty Summer Olympics. You say Russia, mother, Russia, and the correct answer is the United States.
Speaker 1: I'm some bitches, Why would we do that because we they don't tell us what to do. We do it. See where can I go where there's a whole ass leg record, not like a pimple or an ingrown hair. I'm gonna get that. It's could be poison. Watch I heard that. Watch it go away like it'll fade away. Yeah. I decided to go below it because I don't know that right exactly. I think I'm pass the contagious part. I don't want you to have question. You're gonna get it anyway. You keep looking at me like.
Speaker 3: What flower?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: What flower is most often linked with easter?
Speaker 1: Oh, those would be the ones you like to plant. And that's tulips.
Speaker 3: Final answer, What flower is most often linked with Easter? And you said tulips? And the correct answer is lily, the easter lily.
Speaker 1: Yeah, daffodils too, I would have said, could have been I feel like eastern daffodils. No, nor, I don't know about this. You got so excited to get to the joke at Yeah, shock them below the heave. It's time giving to you in the front.
Speaker 4: Give it to me baby, that's so loud. Then practicing when you get there here, I bet you have that's what you're doing under the desk, Thanks Steely, Dan was seeking about dirty work.
Speaker 1: Nope, it was the solo work. All right. We got to take a break. When we come back, it'll be my turn more of the Big Man Morning Show. We are in the final stage of Taser Time Trivia, where we have to answer questions that we ask. Now we do the arm today, make it easy owner back. All right, So here's the first question. These are questions we wrote. If you get it wrong, you get shocked. Gorman, You're ready? Which chain invites you to a foot long fiesta with deals that make you feel like it's just hit the lottery?
Speaker 3: The word it's so weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Way? Final answer? Which chain invites you to a foot long fiesta with deals that make you feel like you've just hit the lottery? You said subway? It is subway. That's the fun thing about those ones. The answers in the question right one word is in there. They give it away. Grab a big in here. I was like, there's not another organization food wise that does foot something right a pizza? I don't know, corbyt what's the term for a score of one under par? And golf? Bertie? Final answer? What is the term for the score one under part he said, Bertie, it's bertie. What's an eagle two under? Isn't bogie two under? And eagles three under? No, bogie is one over eagles two under? If you go three under, that's albatross.
Speaker 3: Okay, dude, somebody's been playing a lot of online golf game.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no, disc golf steals a lot of real golf words. You both are correct, Nice Corbyn. Which NFC team features a floor de les as its logo florid lay that's gonna be that's gonna be the New Orleans Saints. Final answer, Which an FC team features a word that's hard for me to pronounce as it's logo. You said the Saints, it is said Saints. Good job, good job. We all did pretty good today. No, no, we didn't, not all of us. I got shocked twice out of three times. All three got them all, I know. But if you add them all together, only two shots. We all we're a team. We did pretty good, mister victim. No, I'm just telling you the truth, so am I. Yeah, somebody is, but what it is? Yeah, all right, we got to take a break and we'll be back. The more of The Big Man Morning Show is next. There are five teams that have zero primetime games. Really five teams that have zero primetime game, and I would argue one of them is a giant shock. Okay, and they're a giant shock because they're in a major, major market. Right. For example, the Titans are on this list as zero primetime games. I don't think that's a big surprise. It's one of the smaller it's considered a smaller market in the NFL world that they play out of Memphis, right or Nashville. Nashville, Memphis, either way, doesn't matter. Not big market, right, Nashville. Uh, the Dolphins are on there. Wow, Yeah, that's major market. That's a pretty big market. So I feel like that's kind of a shock too. Arizona Cardinals. That makes sense. Yeah, not a big shock there. Yeah, Yeah, that feels appropriate. They've always been at the bottom of the rinks when it comes to the NFL. I think, yeah, And these teams that I've mentioned so far, the Titans, even though there's hope that they're going to be really good this year, means to be, there's been no real for sure thing. The Dolphins, they're in cap space hell, I don't know how they're gonna be good. I think they're I think there's El Scrudo. Yeah, the Arizona Cardinals another team we're just kind of unsure of, like we don't see the where the hope is and I think sometimes those teams are the most dangerous. Kyler Murray is still playing for them or did he know he's No, No, he's now with Minnesota. If I'm not mistaken, I thought Minnesota. Is he with Arizona, I'm sorry, Atlanta? No? Or is he with Atlanta? Either way, So we've got the Titans no zero primetime games. We've got the Dolphins zero primetime games and Arizona zero primetime games. Those are at least Miami is a pretty big People love that team. Yeah. Yeah, the Raiders are on that list, and you may go, oh, that makes sense. They're not good, but they have the number one prospect. Yeah, that doesn't mean anything, though history proves itself. They're using this guy here to try to get him out of the whole that they've dug themselves in over the past I don't know, twenty years, So it makes sense for them to be on that list. I don't disagree based off their history. But when you have a guy that could be the flash in the pan, right and you do zero right now, is there a chance that Mendoza comes out, wows everybody and then they're like, Okay, let's change it up. We're gonna put the Raiders in on that time now. No, that's if they do they have a flex game. It's near the end of the season. Okay, Okay, So I don't think so, but you got to think. I mean, there's also not only do you have the history of the Raiders, right, you have the uncertainty of how is Mendoza going to perform in the big leagues? You know what I mean? He was solid where he was at, but you say it all the time. Professional NFL football is way different than college. So there's that uncertainty there. So I could see that. I can I can see why they put there. Again, I don't disagree. You just think that of the team that's got the number one prospect that is a darling, there's no reason to not like him. It's not like we're talking about uh, you know, Tim Tebow, who you're like, he's not going to be that good or anything like that. So anyway, that's a shock. But the other one on here again, when you hear the team, you're gonna go, yeah, no, that makes sense. They're not good, but they're in the number one media market in America, and that's the Jets. The Jets aren't good, but you would think at least one Jets fans are loyal sadly, so it's just a giant shock to me that they have not even one primetime game.
Speaker 3: Is that something that owners can like race hell about?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, well, I mean you can put in your comment, but sure do better. They care about ratings and don't make a mistake either. The owners, even though you're team six, they care about ratings too because for other games they want the best viewership because that's they split money in regards of how bad their team does. Yeah, but who wants to watch a losing team, right, even if it's your own exactly exactly, So it's like, y'all suck, do better, then we'll get you on primetime until then you're doing the noon game. That means the Browns have evening games. That's the other way to think about this, Like which teams aren't good that are gonna have right evening games?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, so I don't know how that's gonna look of the other teams that are NFL teams, who should who did they miss that aren't in primetime? Yeah, that means those teams have all the other crap teams that have primetime Panthers exactly, the Jaguars and Jaguars. There's been some hope that they would be pretty good. So I hear you, but I don't think they're in the same boat as the Jets, the Bengal, Yeah, the Plowboys. Yes, American's team. I get a huge fan base, blah blah blah, But come on, man, they have been sucking a fat one for a long time and they're still getting the prime slots because who's your movie team. Yeah, when you look at the season last year, these teams finished with at least double digit wins. Patriots, Bills, Steelers, Jaguars, they won their division. Yeah, Texans, Broncos, Chargers, those are all teams with double digit wins. Everybody else single digit, right, even the Chiefs were six and eleven. But you can't listen, this isn't a Homer statement. You don't do that to the team that won. You know, all those Super Bowls, right, right, of course. Yeah, there's still a hot Come on, there's still a darling, right. The Patriots are. They won their division, so everybody's excited about them. Yeah. The AFC East has two teams not getting primetime games two. That means the other two teams all their primetime games are against people out of their division. They play those teams twice. Yeah, so that's four games that they're not gonna crazy, right, Bengals. So if these are teams that had losing seasons, right, the Jets, the Dolphins, the Bengals, the Ravens, the Browns, the Colts, the Titans, the Chiefs, the Raiders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't forget the Giants had a losing season.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm just in the AFC. Yeah, oh yeah, of the NFC Cowboys, Commanders, Giants, Packers, Oh no, no, Giants, Panthers, Bucks, Falcons, Saints, Yeah, yeah, whole NFC. NFC South had a losing season. And then the Arizona Cardinals with three and fourteen. So they got the Cardinals, right, but the Giants. You just can't put Jets and Giants out to pasture. Now, and you make the same argument I made about Mendoza, I think you make about Barborough and the Giants. Yeah, people are excited about the whole the Skataboo, which there's no way he's the same guy. And Jackson Dark Yeah right, people are excited about that team. Yeah. But if you suck, you suck. Yeah. The Commanders is a shocker to me. I can't believe they got primetime games. I that's it. That's really shocking. And for the whole they should just punish the whole, the whole NFC South for not finishing above five hundred. I'm not a Dallas fan, but they might be legit this year. Stop it. Stop saying that that is not true. You listen. You say that enough years in a row of benually you'll be it. Right, But they might be legit. You think Dak's gonna have his breakout year, right, that's a closet Cowboys van, the one that says I'm or his wife is right. I agree it's stupid. Then I agree it's stupid that it's America's team. But they've gone to the playoffs almost every year other than last year. That doesn't mean anything. In a time when the teams that I have mentioned that made the Panthers were in the playoffs, they were ain't nine. The Packers made it to the playoff. You know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, I'm making it to the playoffs. Really isn't nothing. That's not the accolade it once was. So to say that doesn't, I think, get you a better argument that they're good. Yeah. So I'm surprised that there weren't other teams. They should have punished more teams. That should be a rule, right, if you if you only win three games, you are four or four games or whatever percentage, you don't get a primetime game. I think that's fair. I think that is completely fair, no matter how liked you are. I wanted to say respected, but I know that's not the right word to put there. No matter how liked you are by the fan base, if you don't cut the cheese, man, you ain't cutting the cheese. Get the hell out of here. That Maybe it's like four, Like, if you don't win four games, you are for sure not getting a primetime game the next season. You gotta win five or more. Yeah, I like that, five or more. And if you if you go undefeated, you can have you get to pick. Yeah, you pick your schedule, right, you can decide if you go overseas, maybe that's it. If you lose, you got to do all overseas games. There you go. That's a punishment. Yeah, because the travels atrocious. Yeah, I hope you don't have verdigo. Hey man, I'm a Cowboys fan. That's all I can look forward to is choking in the first game of the playoffs. Let me have it spoken like a true Cowboys fan likes to choke on things. You either admire Cowboy fans or you you sympathize for their stupidity, like you can't. You're not sure what to feel for them, right right? They are loyal, man, some of you true statement.
Speaker 3: Good morning Corbyn, Happy thirty eighth the peign Star, birthday to Eve Evans. She's from the Big Apple and you can catch her and couples bang the babysitter. Let there be Squirt and Sloppy Girl four. She's also a singer, songwriter and poet.
Speaker 1: Good morning Gimbie, Well, good morning Horman. You want to go see Shine down for free when they come to the pay com Center? What is that like? Next weekend? Right next Saturday. As a matter of fact, we'll just hit up the contest tab on that free Guyheart Radio app. Join us in the studio right now is Mike from Andelini's Hey buddy, how are you very good? How are you good? We're in that graduation season and I can't think of a better way to feed people fast than ordering pizza from Andlini's. I love pizza.
Speaker 5: That's not like a new thing, but it's communal burgers not communal. And additional to that, we have our new Cherry Street extension, so forty seats there, or if you want a little bit more fancy, we have our Greenhouse at Prossmo downtown at Sliced we have we could do a set aside room and jenks. We could do like forty to fifty people. So the private room thing is really great. Go do the graduation and we're taking rezos for that, and we're just excited, like we're coming into a really great season. This is my favorite time of year. Whether even if it's a rainy night, you could still enjoy the patio, you could still have gelato. And with all that said, May gets so fun in this city. Then when you get to June with Tulsa tough and everything else, it's it's a great time to be in Tulsa.
Speaker 1: We had a friend. We went down to visit them and they had a restaurant and they booked the private room just for It wasn't a special event, it was just we were all getting together and they wanted more of an exclusive experience and booked the private room. We didn't fill it all the way, but it was a great idea to kind of have a more private experience.
Speaker 5: And it's still a part of the building. You know, I want to have a private room where you could set aside and it's like, hey, here's our people.
Speaker 1: But sometimes I.
Speaker 5: Don't want to feel like I'm in a distant cave in the restaurant, like far away from all existence. Like we're still in the mix, and I like that We've designed all our private rooms to feel still a part of the restaurant.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for Will and Nelly talk about anything. You want, bring up something new, go back to something. Maybe you are trying to figure out if where can you have an event. Mike can answer that question for you right now. Maybe you need to cater, but you know, like I don't want pizza. Mike can handle that too. He's he can answer any question you have about the social world of eating food somewhere.
Speaker 5: Anything food related. If you want to ask about the third season of Lost, I can help you with that, Like, whatever you got, I'm happy to oblige.
Speaker 1: What is your take, I'll go with I'll start with the wrestling thing. What is your take on the belief that wrestlers should have become sag after a car carriers because they're doing a scripted weekly story every week.
Speaker 5: Oh, I got the biggest injustice in the modern entertainment industry is the ten ninety nine WWE employee. It's so many Also, the notion I could go down this road for quite a lot. TKO has this one group of people that's where like eighty wrestlers that are a billion dollar company. So if you were to say the NFL, this is on par with the NFL, but it's just one team, and they're like, oh, we need to cut this guy that's making two hundred thousand dollars a year. We got to cut that guy that's making three hundred thousand dollars a year. There is so much money going down that the notion they need to cut people is always throwing me off. And then additional to that, imagine you are the best in the world of doing something like this, you're the top one hundred. You still you make eight hundred k year, but you got to pay for all your flights, all your hotels. You're not allowed to work for someone else, but you're a ten ninety nine employee. How this has gone on for the last forty years is mind boggling. But because they are the show in town, they've been able to keep it that way.
Speaker 1: No one's pushing back on him. But it's starting we're starting to see some of that pushed back a little more. I think Kevin Nash came out just the other way saying this is dumb.
Speaker 5: They get no residual selves on anything to mark. They get merch, but they get no residuals on a repeat show like something's playing on the on the WW network, which is now on Peacock, which is now like a replay of them at WrestleMania twenty whatever it is. They don't get more money because someone plays that like they would if they were an actor in a TV show. Yeah, it's egregious how far it's gone for those guys.
Speaker 1: Willing nearly anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something. These are some texts that came in. Somebody sent a text in and wanted to know, Cordon, do you go to bars? Yes, I don't go as often as maybe Gimpy or Lindsay, but I do go to bars. I also have two little ones, so the opportunity to go to bars is far less frequent. Uh. And if I'm being honest, I'll go to a brewery probably before I would go to a bar, right and that because that's just the lifestyle that I enjoy. I got. I go to Fat Daddy's a lot during the football season. That's the bar that I hang out in. I got. I gotta know a lot of bars that I like to go to, So I just don't go to as many as the others. On the show, which of you has the worst food opinions? What do you think? Lindsay?
Speaker 3: Um, I'm gonna go with Gimpy because he doesn't like mushrooms or lemons or a lot.
Speaker 1: Of Italian disgusting foods.
Speaker 3: No, they're not discussing at all, So I'm gonna go with GIMPI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll take that ground. I don't care. I mean, yeah, there's some things I just won't eat, you know, like you are with Okrah Corbyn. You know that's how I am with Lemons, And goddamn Lindsay forced me to goddamn take a lemon drop last weekend. You know, I'm sure she really twisted your arm and it took me a while to get it down, but I was like, well, when the beaver robbers you a fish, you take the fish. Mike Coo, do you think has the worst food opinion?
Speaker 5: I mean, is the question who's the pickiest eater? I have a food opinion? Sure, Gimpy. I've never seen you averse to trying anything culinary, and not so much this one either, So I guess I gotta go Gimpy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no problem given to Gimpy. But it's not because he doesn't like Lemons. It's more of because he will shun a place because of the price point and not give it a chance. Okay, that's fair, but that's all I'm basing it, basing it off of I wanted to say, Mike, but I know that's not true. Well, I'll ask Mike about Hey, I'm going to Eskatopa, Mississippi. What's a good restaurant? He's like, oh, I got a whole list. Okay, that's great, man. What's the most overrated food trends right now? I think this is really for Mike, But go ahead, lindsay what do you think? Do you have one?
Speaker 3: I don't know of one.
Speaker 1: Gim be anything with edible gold, okay, you know, and they charge you twenty five hundred dollars for you know, a sloppy Joe. Yeah, I'm gonna go anything with caviar. It feels like we're getting into a trend with caviars getting topped on a lot of things more than ever, Mike, there's always.
Speaker 5: So many going on. I mean, I don't begrudge a food. I was thinking of the pizza world. I think people are getting tired of hot honey in the pizza world, but it's still great, so I'm not saying it's bad.
Speaker 1: It's just like, okay, great.
Speaker 5: It's like it's like the auto tune of the pizza world right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw one for a cowboy cuisine. That that's a thing that people are trying to do like cowboy esque type of food. Maybe like instead of the steak being cut into slices, it's the full ribbi and then like rustic sized potatoes, just like grotesquely overdone. Because that's a trend. I don't know if that's really a thing. I don't know how you transfer that to pizza.
Speaker 5: I mean trends. I think there's some trends where it's just the existence of when people are saying it's organic and it's not, or people are saying it's you know, local and vocal is not from the state, from this country. There's so many false marketing things that are put out there. I think those I noticed as an.
Speaker 1: Owner really really anything you want to talk about, bring up something new, go back to something Mary Bang kill Raspy Voice Edition, Keith Richards, Tom Waits are Joe Cocker, assuming they're all live and in their primetime.
Speaker 3: I will bang Joe Cocker or maybe marry him. But Keith Richards is probably the richest, so I'll marry him, bang Joe Cocker, and kill off Tom Waits.
Speaker 1: Gimpy, Uh sure, why not. We'll marry Keith Richards worth five hundred million dollars. Yeah, and I'll have drunken sex with Joe.
Speaker 3: Cocker because you can leave your hat on at least.
Speaker 1: At least at least a bare minimum so that leaves me killing old Tom. He's a goofy looking guy.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Mike Uh, Tom Waits dies and bang Keith Richards and marry Joe Cocker because I'm a sucker for the wonder years.
Speaker 1: There you go, what do I am? You gotta marry Keith Richards, gotta get some of that money. You're not gonna stay married very long. I'm good with killing Tom Waits. And Joe Cocker just feels like he can make a good milkshake or he can also you know you'll love him partner.
Speaker 5: He's tender, he's.
Speaker 1: Sensual lover. Yeah. What's the best road trip food? What's the best road trip food?
Speaker 3: Lindsay, Growing up, when we would take a road trip, my grandfather would make submarine sandwiches for us, and you'd pack them in a cooler and you would individually wrap them in aluminum foil to keep them cold, and they were divine. They were so good, probably better than any sub sandwich you would get from any place, any chain restaurant. They were awesome. So I would say my grandfather's homemade.
Speaker 1: Subs in a book called A Short Stay in Hell, they're in hell, but they can go to this Kiosk and ask for any food and it comes to them like, so you would be able to go I want my grandfather's road trip sub and it would be the thing. Would you do that? Would you if you could click your fingers and get that again for one time? Would you do that? Okay, gimb clam shower? No, seriously, though, Beef jerkey beep jerkey is the ultimate road trip food, Mike.
Speaker 5: If you're on a road I'm very particular about this. In the in the crappiest way possible. I enjoy a big bag of corn nuts and a large energy drink which keeps me going and driving. It like the work to do cleaning it out of your mouth, and it's very gnarley, and then you're gonna end up at that the anomaly of the McDonald's in the middle of the freeway, and it's like, how do you gain that orders? That's another big part of it. And if in California going from La to San fran Peace Soup Anderson's, which is just the one stop and it's like a restaurant everyone goes to halfway between the two. So those are the those are my main go toos.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go sunflower seeds. It's just something easy to pass the time. As long as you have somewhere to spill it and don't confuse your two cups. That would be it for me. I don't know if I have a quintessential gotta have this. I'm like, hey, if we're going on a road trip, I gotta get my corn nuts. I typically more just like drink water type of person when I'm or coffee. Uh, what's your most don't judge me food habit? What's your most don't judge me food habit?
Speaker 3: Lindsay, Well, it's been a long time, but I used to like to eat as a snack and I haven't done this in years. But chili, cheese, free dos and sour cream, okay.
Speaker 1: Can be. I was gonna say eating with my fingers, but I don't know. I mean, that's a it's a food habit. Like some people they pick up their pork chop and eat it with their hands. Some people like to garb it up with a steak and knife and fork. I pick it up with my hand and eat it, okay, Mike in.
Speaker 5: A crunch, fancy sauce can make anything taste good. Man an aisy ketchup.
Speaker 1: It's like, just put a fancy sauce. It's fine. Yeah, my don't judge me food habit is. I typically eat pizza with a fork. What's your take on that? Eh, depends with a pizza, but it's America. Can do what you want.
Speaker 5: Nonetheless, eating a New York Slice with a pizza with a fork, I guess someone's doing that at a restaurant.
Speaker 1: It's it's a faux pas.
Speaker 5: Put it that way. I consider that a bigger faux pa. It's like ooh, ranch on a pizza of pineapple. If someone has a nice, crispy New York Slice and starts to cut it with a fork, I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I think you're making a good point. Now, if I'm on the street in New York and I get a slice, I'm eating it with my hands. There we are, right. But even when you go to Treviso or wherever, they bring pizza with a knife and fork, and that's how you're supposed to be in.
Speaker 5: The Politana total pass New York Slice for boating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eat it in a Chicago style.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Well you don't have to. You can just not eat it because it also that's a missnover.
Speaker 5: If you go to Chicago, they are not downing deep dish. They are having Tavern style thin cracker cruss Yeah, nine times out of ten or over Chicago deep dish.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What failing celebrity would you believe could make a comeback as a porn star? What failing celebrity would you believe could make a comeback as a porn star?
Speaker 3: Lohan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, nope, you get one. Okay, GIMPI. Brittany's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: But is she failing?
Speaker 1: I mean she's she's named. Anything she's done successful. I mean, let her dogs.
Speaker 3: All of her albums were successful.
Speaker 1: But she's thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean she's failing. She's rich, she's well, that's not what the question is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Mike Spencer Pratt, there's nothing he can't do. He's on the role.
Speaker 1: I would argue, he's not failing, he's on his way up.
Speaker 5: He's also, well, you're right, he's and in terms of like there's all these people who just you haven't heard about him in fifteen years, and they're going to OnlyFans like Shannon Elizabeth. She said what in the first month she made more than her total acting career combined. Good for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gary Busey, I didn't say it'd be great watch it. You'd watch it like you'd watch a train wreck. I'm just saying, are you guys going to watch the best spin off of Yellowstone Dutton Ranch? Are you gonna watch Dutton Ranch? Lindsay probably not. Did you watch Yellowstone? Not yet? Right, it's not ten years later? GIMPI it's on my radar. I haven't watched it yet, No, Mike, not my thing. Yeah, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna watch it. The first episode I believe is tonight. Uh, yeah, it's It's not something I care about. I feel like they're trying to squeeze so much. Now. I hear the show with the Sun Marshalls. Marshall's I hear that's really good, but it's really just like uh, police slash cowboy porn, Like all it is is glorified gun raids and things like that pretty much basically, but still good. Yeah to watch. Uh, what are you watching right now? Mike?
Speaker 5: I did watch him a low down. I think they do a really fun, cool job here. Uh yeah, that's that wrestling Paul Paul Royal Yeah, that was a fun one. I thought that was like brand new. It turns out that's old, but that was fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what I watching Rooster on HBO Max Okay, Stephen Colbert. I do this every time. Steve Carrell, Steve Carell. Uh and he's his daughter's at college and he's trying to visit her and they rope her into being a a teacher there, and it's it's got oh one of the bobs from Office Space. Nope, the Office. It's John C. McGinley. He is the Dina, the president of the school, and he's this complete, dry, smug character. It's awesome, is it humor? Oh yeah, okay, oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah yeah. And Steve Carell's very very awkward. He's such a good actress. Yeah yeah, you'll see a little bit of the Office in this with Steve Carell. What about you, Lindsay.
Speaker 3: You know, I really am not watching anything. The pit just ended, so I haven't really picked up anything since I haven't had time. I guess with anything, I'm watching twenty twenty on Friday nights, Like I'll watch those episodes during the week, the new episodes, I'll fall asleep for those at night.
Speaker 1: Besides Marshall's GIMPI nothing really comes to mind watching a lot of young shit. Really yeah, I feel like that needs an elaborate explanation. But why I mean exactly. I see the clips on the TikTok and I'm like, oh, that's fun. I got nothing better to do with my wasting, pathetic life. Let's go ahead and watch it. But how did he become Sheldon?
Speaker 3: We must know.
Speaker 1: Right when they were like, we gotta have a spinoff? What do we do? How about him grown up? Like as a grandpa? Right, that's still the same guy. We need a new fresh look the origin story. Is there any show that spun off and went backwards like to them being young because Joni Loves Chachi was them after the show?
Speaker 5: There was a prequel to Sex in the City. There was, there was Onike the WB and how they came to be. What else do we have there? There's been a fair amount of prequels here and.
Speaker 1: There spinoffs that were better than the original Frasier, we're.
Speaker 5: Asking spinoffs that are better than the original.
Speaker 1: No, that's just the list that came up there. There aren't really any that are better, that are worse, that are better than There's very few, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: There's very that. There are some though Frasier.
Speaker 1: Better than Cheers, maybe one more awards, but fan coveted.
Speaker 5: Would we say Family Matters is better than Perfect Strangers?
Speaker 1: Is the spin off better Call Saul better than Breaking Bad? I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Originals, which is a spin off of The Vampire Diaries, I didn't I never watched any of that. Uh. I can't think of one. Boston legal spin off of the Practice.
Speaker 5: The Simpsons is a better than the Tracy Ollmans show?
Speaker 1: Yes? Uh?
Speaker 5: Daria.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that a spinoff show from Head? Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it better than Abady? No?
Speaker 1: Facts of Life spin off of Different Strokes.
Speaker 5: That's the even that's a push I'm saying there, you're even on that.
Speaker 1: That's a Good Times spin off from maud. Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Happy Days was a spin off of Love American Style. I didn't know that. No, it's not what it says.
Speaker 5: But that was lavern and surely I think they just were in the same world.
Speaker 1: Lavernon Shirley was. I think they were in the same world.
Speaker 5: And then Mork and Mindy was also in that world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right. Uh, the Jefferson's All in the Family is the compared the spin off from that, right, Any of the n c I s is in the this is yeah the same show, just different city, right, Pinky in the Brain of.
Speaker 5: Animaniacs, Yes, I will give that to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good one. We did the Simpsons, Xena Warrior Princess Mister, so yeah, that's a fun list to go down.
Speaker 5: A lot of these are, I would say, in the realm, even they're the only one that is insanely more successful as Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Somebody texted Lindsey checkout HACKS on HBO or DTF Saint Louis. Both are good. Hacks is good, but the more seasons it goes on than not good it gets.
Speaker 5: They've exacerbated the story. But the first I saw the first three seasons, I thought it was insanely good.
Speaker 1: Tell it's really witty, Yeah it's it's good. And then DTF, I think is pretty good. I've only seen two episodes of it. For those who know, it is about these guys that are friends. One of them, played by Jason Bateman, is the weatherman in Saint Louis and they find a he wants to go on an app called DTF Saint Louis to find someone to cheat with on his wife. And he's trying to coerce the sheriff from Stranger Things I forget his name right now into being a part of this. And he suffers from Parni's disease. That's the one with the core good wainer, yes, and then of a heart attack in the very first episode. And it's the who done it type of thing? But ah, it's Jason Bateman in his very awkward delivery style like he is in everything, and yes, yeah, but he's the same in everything. There's no yeah, there's no change in style.
Speaker 5: I will give him that movie where he's like the terrorist with the on the airplane where he's super evil, or you want to go Marty Bird versus like uh Michael on arrested development.
Speaker 1: Those are different characters. I don't know the movie that he's the terrorist is villain.
Speaker 5: No, it's a it's him something like that. It's a it's a flight term with him and the kid from.
Speaker 1: Carry On Cars a carrot. All right, well, there you go carry on. Yeah, apparently it's it's called carry On and he he plays but he's still the same, like kind of awkward delivery. No, he's he's methodically evil. Yeah, okay, because it's kind of like, oh, that one actor that always tall. He's like, I don't do characters. I'm just I'm just me. David Spade. No, he was in the Fat Boy Slim video. Yeah, he's kind of like Christopher walking Like it's the same no matter what. But I'll watch this, we'll see what that's about. All right, make sure you stop by andlin he's eating the locations, great patio. What we've had all this week. I can't No, I don't know about the next couple of days.
Speaker 5: But also, if you're going out, like I'm gonna say something to Tulsa. Oh, it's a little bit of rain, all right, you deserve to go out, do not let oh my ring, don't don't just go out, all right, take yourself.
Speaker 1: It's kind to pass over.
Speaker 5: Last Friday, everyone's like, oh, batten down the hatches and nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Just that's pretty crazy at my house on Friday night. Well that's a you thing. Go out, go out and enjoy Tulsa. The rain will pass And I could be wrong, but all your patios are covered.
Speaker 5: They're all covered, they're all closed. Don't let the news freak you out. And you use real plates, not paper, So real plates every day of the week.
Speaker 1: It's a mission statement. We will have real plates. This is my promise. Era. And if you're having people over for graduation or whatever, get some pizza. Maybe pool time is coming up, get pizza. And if you need something catered, makes you think about Andalini's for catering, and don't think about just a wedding or some bom mitzvah. You guys do catering pretty much anything.
Speaker 5: Anything. We can make it happen. We don't have to ask the corporate. We're Huckleberry, all right.
Speaker 1: Makes you look about andopizza dot com. Mike, thanks for coming by, Thank you, We'll be back. I don't know if this is true, so I'm checking things as we talk about it in real time. But I saw a post online and it and it shows a video a news story about some waymos that are stuck in a neighborhood in Atlanta and they're stuck in a cul de sac and they were that way for hours, just driving around round and round and round and round and round. Right, yeah, And they said it happens a lot, according to the people in this neighborhood, and they said, Weimo after Weaimo would show up and one morning it was fifty cars that were doing this, and they've neighbors have taken videos and shared them online and they said, sometimes the Waimos even get stuck and can't do anything, and we can't get out of our driveways and things like that, and the neighbors say they don't know what to do. And Waymo responded by saying that way Mo, We're committed to being a good neighbor. We take community feedback seriously and have already addressed the routine behavior. With over five hundred thousand weekly trips across the country, our service has proven to signify significantly reduce draft injuries and improve road safety. We value our relationship with Atlanta residents remain focused on providing seamless, respectiful, and safe experiences for residents alike. They have a horrible PR department. Yeah they do. That is not a great PR response. That's a commercial right, and I don't think you should use a PR opportunity or accusation to also advertise yourself. And that sounds like what they're doing. Yeah, maybe so maybe so rather than say something like we are committed to safety, but as companies grow. As companies grow, they experience challenges and this is one of those. We have rectified this problem and we've made amends with those in that neighborhood. Yeah, it's pretty simple. We'll continue on to try and be the best community stewards we can, right, Like, why is it going to be this? I'm like, nah, but yeah, we're real good. I think it's great how they're coming up with these inventions and stuff to revolutionize the world to make life easier, right like with Waimo and their self automated driving cars, and it's doing nothing but making the world worse. Yeah, you know, it could have just left well enough alone where everybody is good with their gasoline powered cars getting where they need to go and no social media. Life was all right, you know what I mean. But it's like, we got all this stuff, we're going to revolutionize, We're going to make life easier, and it's just it's done nothing but just be crap. I hear you. But I can't help but go back to the thought of why would I buy a car. I have a perfectly good horse. I get that I totally get that there is a little bit of advancement of technology that should be embraced. And there is some driverless cars that I think are good. Now, you might have seen those delivery little scooter things. They don't do them here, but they do them in some cities, like like the Cooler. Yeah, and watching people deliberately knock them over, Oh so funny. Yeah, or they put googly eyes on them, or they vandalize them. You shouldn't do that, bad news, but they're funny to watch from the sidelines. Yeah, those I don't really have an issue with U. And then there are they're starting to become more and more truck drivers that they do humanless truck driving. Yeah, that's scary. That's scary because, uh, much like with these weaymos, this is the same thing, but you have a much larger vehicle that can cause more damage. You know. Granted, yeah, you might be saving lives, one life of a driver, maybe one. You're taking their job, all right. You already know how I feel about that, and how I spoke about it this morning with AI taking over all these IT jobs or whatever. But I think I think, I think it's why are you going to leave safety? Into the hands of a robot works good for cars making cars. So I hear you on the points you're making I think are all valid, except there's a massive problem in the trucking industry where companies will change their LLC to avoid any type of safety checks or litigation situations. And it is a bad cycle. There are many families that get injured with human driving vehicles and try and don't get any recourse or any financial or reimbursement for the medical expenses caused by negligent negligence on the trucking company or the person running the trucking trucking company or operating the vehicle for that trucking company. And so I hear you, But at least this would create a legal streamline of there is an easy accountability line because accidents are already happening with human drivers. Just just say the same thing's not going to happen with automated them changing their LLCs, them not being held accountable by laws and standards whatever, you know. I mean, they could do the same same thing that they're doing now with humans as they are, as they can with automated So I don't think there's much difference there. I just don't like the idea. How many of those way moo's got stuck in a cul de sac have fifty at one point they didn't hurt anybody. It doesn't matter, not yet anyway. Yeah, just because they keep driving around in circles. So this says, uh, okay, So this is per million drivers any reported injury by way to an automated car zero point seventy to one per million Okay, humans three point nine. Okay, so there is almost four times. We'll pull it back three times as many more accidents when a human's driving than with the car. But the car gets with a computer or camera or whatever gets more attention because it's you know, the terminator. Okay. So whose false is that? Is because they're hiring terrible drivers. Is it because they're not training them well enough? No, No, that's no. No. The human part is human drivers collectively. Again, Is it because they're hiring terrible drivers? Is because there is no training? Is it because they're hiring foreigners from all over the world to let them come drive without any training and all whatsoever? This says human drivers are eleven times higher serious injury or worse crash rate than any automated vehicle. Now, that may be the propaganda for that industry. I'm just telling you the numbers. I'm a big stats guy. I believe in stats. I don't go with hunches. And there's a five point five times higher any injury crash rate with humans. Okay, So even though that's annoying they blocked, you know, a cul de sac or whatever, Ultimately they are safe. That's like say, you know, when a plane crashes, people are like, oh, don't lie, right, ridiculously safer to fly anywhere? Yeah, for sure, Yeah, you're probably right. Who knows, who cares? Why don't you just go ahead and sit down and let the robots take over the world. Seems like that's where we're heading to anyway, with artificial intelligence, with self automated driving cars. You know, what are we here to do now? What are we here to do now? As the human race? What are we here to do? Yeah? While the uh, I'm sure people said the same thing. When you know computers were introduced back in the day. They're going to take over jobs. We found new jobs. Tech says as a career driver, I'm not concerned in my job security for the rest of my lifetime. You say that now you say that now until they're like, Okay.
Speaker 3: Well he's probably like sixty four years old, he's going to retire.
Speaker 1: No, I know this kid. He's only in his mid thirties. So I love that kid. Thirties. Yeah, I love it. Yeah. So I mean it's it's a coming for you, it's coming for us. Ah, yeah you could. I don't want to think that. I don't want to. But just the more and more I think about it, the more and more I look at things, and the more and more stuff comes out, I'm like that, that's where we're heading. What about the good stuff you've talked about with me? And it's fun. I think it's fun. I think it's great that I can use AI to come up with a new song for Lindsay's victory, all right. I think it's great that I can use AI to edit pictures and and and and have fun stuff with it. But much like everything, there's a bad sign to it. There's a bad side to everything, to every good. It's just the balance of life, Yeah, the balance of the universe. So just a question, why not then the bad side of alcohol and get rid of alcohol? We should get rid of that too. Yeah, you're probably right, And I wouldn't have any problem with that because there's more damage done because of alcohol than there there's more bad than there is good, you know what I mean. What about motorcycles, Yeah, same thing. You know, you ought to have some self control when it comes to that sort of thing. And a lot of the motorcycle riders, it's not us. It's all people in cages that don't pay no damn attention. So you got that, all right, We gotta take a break. We'll be back. The Big Man Morning Show returns next