Speaker 1: Our safety and security are not negotiable. I like that. And it's in front of the New York Public Library, and it's this Sunday from three point thirty to five thirty in my friend Yakov Will, I actually do love He's going to speak, and Mosha Spern I love Mosha. He's gonna speak, and then a whole bunch of people I've never heard of. And I won't be there because I'll be in the Hamptons. My one visit maybe two this year. I'm still considering joining Bruce Plateman on August fourteenth, and Witcoff. That's a whole other story. But let me get to the guy that is putting on this great event Sunday night for an organization which you see me wearing their T shirts over the last couple of years. I love what they do. They're called Booths for Israel. MARCYA. Haskell, who I don't know. I think somehow he's related to my friend, the former ambassador Trump's ambassador to Israel, David Friedman. I have no idea how, but anyway, Mark is here this morning. Mark, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Sid?
Speaker 1: How are you doing? I'm great? Are you a late to David Friedman, what's that whole relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do it real easy for you. My wife comes from an illustrious family. The Great Eugene Gluck is her grandfather, which he may even be greater. But the Great David Friedman is my father in law's brother, and I'm super close with him and we collaborate on everything.
Speaker 1: No, he likes you, I know that, and he's mentioned you. You mentioned him, so he's your father in law's brother. So really, you you're not related to David. You're not related at all.
Speaker 2: Actually, I mean not really. It's through marriage, right, but if you marry, well, you know, good things happen.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. Listen. I used to have these neighbors. The name was Lewis and Gloria Iovine. I love Aunt Gloria, and I referred to them as Uncle Lewis and Aunt Gloria. They were Italian, they were no relation, but we got so close over the years and we still are that. I still refer to Gloria as Aunt Gloria. So I understand where you and David would have that type of relationship. But he does. He does love you and you love him, which is great. So cool, it's almost he was a great ambassador. I got a kick out of Friedman. And look, I'm also very close with Mike Huckabee. I love both guys. But I got a kick out of Friedman a couple of weeks ago Mark when he actually did testify in Congress.
Speaker 2: YEP for two days. And I asked him why he did this, because he's not in office anymore, and he said to me, just so I can say my piece and give him a piece of my mind. And he literally went to Washington just to do that for the people.
Speaker 1: He is a great Twitter follow And if you love Judea and Samaria, which I do most of the time when I go to Israel with my dear friend Scott Feltman and the fine folks from One Israel Bond, I spend the majority of time in Judea and Samaria with you guys who don't go to Israel or love Israel would know what's the West Bank. That's how the media refers to that spot. But David has done such a great job over the years of trying to get some type of sovereignty, annexation, something for that area. I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon, but not because of a lack of effort from David Friedman.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna be honest with you. David and Miriam literally appointed Mike Huckaby because he is a goy but a Sadik, and Mike Huckaby has been a close friend of the family, and they knew that we need to give somebody the office who can actually get this done. And they won't complain that it's a right wing Jew. And I'm just being honest, which is kind of weird.
Speaker 1: You say, Miriam, You mean Miriam Adolson obviously, right. Yeah, we love Mariam Moore. All right, so give me the lowdown. I'll be in West Hampton on Sunday night at Adam huts House. He's a very popular guy. One of my dearest dearest friends, Corey Seldik, went to Maryland without him. That both terrapins. They know each other. Cory's a big real estate guy here in New York City. But this event is for Boots for Israel, so let's start right there with that organization. I'm aware of what you guys do. I've been out there for a year. He's wearing your T shirts. Tell the listening audience, exactly what you guys do.
Speaker 2: Super simple. I was in Israel on the October seven day. Unfortunately and ironically, because you're talking about David. We live in the same building with my in laws, and he slammed on my door at seven am and said the guards called me. It was shabbist. He never picks up his phones. And he said, Mark, we're at war. And I didn't know what he was talking about. It was so early, just like right now, and I was like, okay. And we spent the whole day in his apartment and he was getting intelligence. He was wearing his talus, he was dobbining, and at the same time all this information was coming in and I said to myself, oh my god, I cannot believe this is happening. And fast forward a few weeks. I went back to Israel. I went to the north, I went to the South. I went to day in Samaria, and I just saw all the blood on the floor, literally smelled it. And I decided, I'm not going to look back on this war and be like everybody else. I'm gonna do something crazy. And my friend Yakir was at the early stages, like just getting boots to guys before anybody even knew what was happening, and we partnered up and we said we're just gonna do the job. And we have two hundred volunteers. We haven't taken one dollar for ourselves, and we logistically have sent over one hundred and twenty thousand pairs of boots and working day and night for no other reason but to help our guys here.
Speaker 1: It is fantastic. And look, there are still idea of soldiers in Gayza. You know, we've kind of forgotten about that because we've held us in control. When I say we, I mean as well. Obviously they're still fighting in Lebanon. We actually launch two idea of soldiers just a couple of days ago. I think they were trying to detonate something. I don't know, but in anyway, they're still there. They're still fighting. So your service even today is still very, very valuable.
Speaker 2: And it's a great statement. And I take this question all the time, which is actually it starts to get to me why do they need boots? So I'm not going to get into the bureaucracy, but I will tell you I have twenty thousand open orders and we're at the point where we're telling the soldiers we can't raise money quick enough, so you need to partner with us, which means that we get it at half the price. They can't even get what we can get, and they're putting in half the money, which is the proof that they needed. Everyone goes to shule. Everyone has forty pairs of shoes to walk this and that these guys have one pair. We should be buying them houses. Forget about giving them what they need to go fight, which is what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I can't do everything, all right, Well, help folks end to help you out because it chieves like a lot of work for you. Mark. Where can folks at listening this morning help you out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super simple. Boots for Israel dot com. If you want to sign up for the Westhampton then it's Boots West Hampton. We're really just focused and we're going to do the job. And that's it.
Speaker 1: So Sunday night in West Hampton, the Hut Residence. I know there's a bunch of speakers there, including me, but this will be for folks who are all going to calm. People have contacted me every day. They're not even in West Hampton. They're in Southampton, they're in Quad, they're all over the place. They want to come. What can they expect on Sunday night?
Speaker 2: They could expect the Great Sid Rosenberg to be the keynote with Rizzy Stovetski. We have Ari Ackerman, we have live schwarma, falafel, Schnitzel, we have great bars. The Hut residence is literally off the charts. It's just going to be a great night and one mission. Help my guys that are fighting.
Speaker 1: That is a great, great mission. And again it didn't take me very long to say you got it. I'll be there. Mark, You're a terrific guy. We've had a nice bunch at the last couple of years and I appreciate what you do, and so do Jewish people in israelis all over the world. God bless you. Look bwoth to seeing you on Sunday, my friend, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Thank you Sid, You're the man.
Speaker 1: Thank you buddy, Marca high SkELL right there, boots for Israel and we got a big event Sunday night in West Hampton.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the morning. You can hear SIT in Friends in the morning weekday mornings at six If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app.
Speaker 1: Hit that subscribe button on.
Speaker 3: All major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder what
Speaker 1: The heck is going on here