Speaker 1: Welcome to the two seventeen Recovery Podcast.
Speaker 2: If you don't make mistakes, you won't learn.
Speaker 1: With your host Corey Winfield, you know how you know fish as bad as you can't put it on pizza and special guests Justin Burke.
Speaker 2: I said something about that to our master radio broadcaster and he said that you didn't hear nothing.
Speaker 3: And Mitchell O'Brien, I think to introduce people, you should tell them a little bit about a little a little bit about ourselves.
Speaker 2: Got your ass.
Speaker 1: It is the fourth of October twenty twenty four. My name's Corey Winfield.
Speaker 2: I'm Mitchell O'Brien and I'm Justin Burke.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so funny. It's fun Friday, bro, It is fun Friday. Anybody having fun today? So far? You guys already like took people from jail to treatment, from treatment to court. Yeah, in your back at the office. It's the left or one o'clock Friday.
Speaker 3: I hit a new milestone I think today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's hear it. I did an.
Speaker 3: Over six hour ride. I got the person where they were going and got back to home base before noon. Dang. Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good, bro. Yeah. The speed limit of course, just a lot of the traffic down the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. That's why I don't take pictures of the demometer while I'm driving.
Speaker 1: I think I do that once he took a picture of the spinometer and he was speeding about fifteen miles an hour.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a big ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But he was trying to take a picture of the one hundred thousand mile mark on the vehicle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the one that person was speeding by fifteen miles per hour, and he was trying to let you know that the depreciation of your vehicle.
Speaker 1: Just halfed yep. And that he drives and takes pictures and sends them to you while he's driving. Yeah, he doesn't work here anymore. Unfortunately, that's a good.
Speaker 2: Thing because we pride ourselves in safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, obviously no, but that's that's good news.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Good job. I'm glad you accomplished that today, and it feels good to get up and get it done. Early had a guy called earlier and he was like, Hey, I'm a treatment, I'm leaving Monday. Can I get Mitch to take me back? Yep. I was like, well, if you're requesting people, it's extra that's what I should have told him. I didn't, but I just thought it passed that long to you as well, because it feels good, man, when you when you take somebody in there at their lowest, you know. And he said, he's like, I had a really good conversation with Mitch on the way to treatment until I fell asleep, and he said it was going well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he apologized because I talked to him today. Yeah, nice, and he apologized for that. I was like, dude, like he had some stuff going on in his life. I understood, and I was like that wears you down. You're on your way to treatment, like we were going to be in the car for two hours, you're getting go take a nap. So it's all good, yeah, right, good.
Speaker 1: Stuff, very good stuff. And mister Burke, you went and took my picked some up from jail.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: You're like you dirty criminal, druggie and you're going to treatment.
Speaker 2: I told me it wasn't treatment, but I left out that negative stuff, tragatory words, because.
Speaker 1: A lot of people when they go to jail for you know, their medical problem, addiction, they're treated like criminals.
Speaker 2: It's the weirdest, Like they went out and murdered somebody. Yeah, that's just crazy to me, Like, didn't murder nobody?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well sometimes they do, but not all the time.
Speaker 3: Right, you didn't murder nobody? That mentioned murdered somebody? What about what about p Diddy? Oh?
Speaker 2: In his little freak off parties, he's definitely a criminal. Yeah he should be on the billboard for pedophilia.
Speaker 1: But what if it was just his addiction to sex?
Speaker 2: Poor Justin Bieber?
Speaker 3: Why he's got justin empathy obviously?
Speaker 1: Yep, what happened with Justin Bieber?
Speaker 2: He went to Diddy's house and did he fourteen? Fifteen years old and got Diddy Bro, who said that he didn't want nothing to do with Diddy. After he went came back from his house and did he seeing him somewhere? I was like, why are you not calling me? Bro? And Bieber looked awful scared. They don't do this in Canada, right, weird? It was weird?
Speaker 1: Are you sure that all happened like that?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure? Bro?
Speaker 1: Did he write a song about it?
Speaker 2: I think he's wrote a few about it? Actually, did he did?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 2: Did?
Speaker 3: He? No, that's funny one I heard that one?
Speaker 1: Oh you heard it? Yeah, that's good. So I went to the oral surgeon yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how'd that go?
Speaker 1: It? Was this a consult?
Speaker 2: What consult?
Speaker 1: A consult? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought I heard that too.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not an oral surgeon that did.
Speaker 1: It was a consult. No, I just had to do a consultation with them. And then he was just like, we're going to do this, We're going to do that. And one lady was trying to tell me that, which, you know, put somebody else's jaw bone in my jaw over the bone graphing or something. Yeah, probably, I said, why don't you just use some of that metal something else doing? I thought thought they were a titanium bro.
Speaker 3: There, James Bond villain that's got my little mouth or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it, just do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I've never had bone grafting done after I've had it.
Speaker 1: To no, neither of I. I'm getting it done because they're gonna put a little pole in there, which is weird. And I should have asked this very important question. So when you because I have to have a tooth extracted, it's when I get that extracted and then they have to do the bone grafting or something, and then I have to wait three months and then I go back and then they're gonna put this little thing in my jaw.
Speaker 2: I don't know how that works, man.
Speaker 1: And then is it just gonna be am, I gonna look at me, you go hey, and then like showing my tooth, is it just gonna have like a little little things sticking up or like what do they put a little fake something on there for the meantime or I don't know. Justin answer my question, well, I don't know these things.
Speaker 2: You haven't YouTube this or googled it or web md it by now normally you're always all about web md diagnosing yourself.
Speaker 1: So many questions for the guy that I forgot to ask him.
Speaker 3: It's a little it's a little caution tape in that area.
Speaker 2: It looks like a traffic cone. Yeah, construction under construction.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you know how you put together a desk, right, And sometimes there's like wooden dolls and sometimes there's the other ones that you like they tell you to screw in but only till it's flush or whatever. Yeah, that's what I imagine is gonna be sticking out of like where I should have a tooth.
Speaker 3: Mm.
Speaker 1: I doubt it's wooden, right, it'll be titanium, I believe, But like, so I can I use that to eat eat the apple? Just just scraped through the apple, just leave like kind of like a not a hole in it, but more of a scrape mark in the apple. It's my bottom right lower canine one because twenty eight is what I'm talking about. Let the by no.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see, I don't have I don't have bone graft any money to actually get something bone grafted afterwards.
Speaker 1: That's nothing attitude to have. Justin Nope, set your goals higher.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the talk because I'm going to the same surgeon next week. Obviously. So they're yanking.
Speaker 1: Like six you have like a tooth grown in your throat right or something the palette okay, because they have the regular dentists like not touching none of that.
Speaker 3: I know. I was like, yank, No, we ain't gonna do that, your dentist.
Speaker 1: Why now, oral surgeon, you guys are in coops And we had to wait what two years to get in to see these people. It was forever and we called and we're like, hey, if you have a cancelation list to get us on that. Oh cancelations happen all the time. Perfect call us Nope, never one time. They're like, yeah, those afternoon appointments are harder to fill. And so I'm like, all right, cool, and they said, well once you're in, now that you've done the consult then we can really get your working quicker. And I'm like cool. And then the ladies like telling them like, okay, so we have the seventh. I'm like, oh, hell yeah, Monday, let's go. Oh no, no, November seventh. I'm like, what you just told me. We can get this baby, zip zip zip zip, and let's go. And then she's gonna do the whole but we have cancelations. I said, don't even start that with me. I was like, do I got to drop some money on the ground to get a call on those? Well? Sometimes we pick from the beginning and then we'll go to the end and we'll pay. I'm like, how about you just pick my name next time someone cancels. And that's why I asked about the money. I'm like, do I did you just need a twenty?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: How much?
Speaker 3: Was that? A fun Friday game that they played, they pick a name off the front, pick a name off the back, or what.
Speaker 1: It could have been because it was on a thursdayday. Everybody knows dentists don't work and know they neither do all surgeons on Fridays.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, I just thought that was our dentist.
Speaker 1: No, it's a dentist in the on the whole earth. Like maybe maybe not in like England. Maybe, well, I don't know that they have dentists in England, but I don't think they do. Yeah here in America, No, they didn't work on Fridays. Man, That's why I like our dentists. Was switching over because he's like, well, I'm not going to take your insurance anymore and blah blah blah. And I'm like, why don't you just work Friday if you're worried about all this extra money you're losing. Like he's just working extra day, buddy, Like maybe he's putting in his four tens, but no, I like, I like our dentists, zut and dam.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's really cool, dude.
Speaker 1: He's a zoot and dam about my teeth to tell you that.
Speaker 3: M Well, I wish he'd take our insurance.
Speaker 1: But it won't take our zut and dam insurance.
Speaker 2: Right, you might have to go find a new dentist that does take our insurance.
Speaker 3: Oh. I was just gonna sign my kid up there too. I was like, now, like, you're probably gonna lose me as a customer. You're not getting him as one, Like what?
Speaker 1: And the thing about our insurance is, whoever said it up was just amazing. It's amazing human genius. Because the places I've worked before, we get like a twelve hundred dollars maximum. That's what you get a year. You can't do shit with that. But the plan we have is like unlimited.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it even says on the piece of paper like nine nine nine common nine nine nine common nine nine nine common nine nine nine common nine and it says unlimited. So you would think it. Dennis will see that and be like, oh boy, especially these early recovery dudes coming in, you know, they need some work. Like you just be like evil like doctor, like I rub in his hands together like.
Speaker 3: Ten three times a day so I can brush your teeth for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, come, we're gonna how many more do you need? Let's go, you know, but it's not like that.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, you should have just kept our portion of the insurance. And was like, well, I'll take you guys.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the thing because it's not just our insurance, like there are people who have because we have Humana. Okay, that's like the insurance people name whatever they print the cards, I think. And then d Quest or something which doesn't even sound like it was something I want to be a part of. It sounds like a movie, like a real bad one. Yeah, we can go see Dental Quiest this weekend.
Speaker 3: Like Marunner maybe Star Quest, Yeah, Galaxy Quest, Galaxy Quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we go. Never seen that not bad movie.
Speaker 3: Actually, I had some friends that loved it and I watched it one time. I was like, really, maybe like seven of them.
Speaker 1: We're from Michigan, so we have like anything Tim Allen does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really until his boat starts leaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boat starts leaking, justin so they are a bunch of like so somebody with Priority Health or whatever United whatever it's called, Like, they could also have Dental Quest or Dental Max. Maybe it's Dental Max whatever. It's one of those things that I don't think it should be a name of a place. So it's all of those people. So it's not just like, hey, we're not taking Humana anymore. I mean, like I said, they just print the cards. They have nothing to do with it. Really, this is what my brain thinks anyway. So they don't want to take that because the doctor charges one twenty for this procedure. They're going to pay the doctor forty dollars and I get that, and then they'll but if they're out of network dentists, they'll pay them one hundred and twenty dollars. Got you, Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, and.
Speaker 2: So they'll pay for it, and then they charge you with kopem.
Speaker 1: So maybe they won't charge maybe they won't pay them one twenty, they'll pay them ninety, and then we got to pay the extra, right, I follow you. So they're still getting more monies.
Speaker 3: I just want it to be easy, man. No, this is why I didn't go to no dentists.
Speaker 1: Next time we sign up for an kind of health insurance, I'm putting one of your guys's emails and one of your numbers, because in June we were gonna switch over to something else because I was like, I'm finding something else because they were going to raise our rates and then charge everybody like when you see a therapist. Now, it used to be free. Now it's fifteen bucks unless you do zoom and it's only five right damn Yeah, still used to be free, and so I'm like, that's just stupid. I went and looked. I couldn't find any plan that had the free so and we pay a lot for it. So I was just like, what the hell, man? But yeah, when I signed up, and then that's just the worst, one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life. Because I'm still getting two three test mexage. I can't even talk. I'm so irritated by text messages a day.
Speaker 2: Can we just use the office phone?
Speaker 1: They'll be ringing a lot of rings. Corey there, yep, I'm just some lady, mister smoker, come over here and I'll put her down. I'm like, how about you are in charge of our health insurance now, then you just hurt email? Yeah I should delegate that anyway. Yeah, good idea, guys.
Speaker 2: Email and phone number, Nope.
Speaker 1: Nope, there's things in life that I like, I'm not going to jeopardize those. I'd really just get the calls myself test and let's say you call me. They're just like, oh, yeah, we've been texting about I'm like, no, we have been texting. I've been reporting junk because I heard that if they text you like a blind text like hey, that if you reply to it, then they know there's a human replying to it, so they can like just sell your stuff to other people, or it goes into some category of like yep, they reply, that's a real number. That's good. Or if you just keep reporting this junk, well you still get them, but they don't know. I'm on the other end of that text.
Speaker 2: I don't know when I get those messages. I just reply stop and they typically stop. But then you get them from six more.
Speaker 1: So you stop. That numbers legit, that numbers fire and we confirmed it could grow. That's just we'll get some good credit.
Speaker 3: That happens to me.
Speaker 1: So you just need to get on the insurance train.
Speaker 2: I have the shop for car insurance.
Speaker 1: That's not as bad. That's so pretty bad. It's not as bad as health insurance.
Speaker 3: I got my first report on my drive safe. Yeah, I did better than I thought I would.
Speaker 2: You put your little thing up in your windshield.
Speaker 3: I didn't tell me it had to be in the windshield.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's supposed to be up in your windshields stuck to your windshield.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't work for Drive Safe. So I did the directions and it's in there, so but yeah, I got it. It was a report that they tend you you can look at. You can go to the app too, and I was like, oh, because I was worried about some of them. They they judge your breaking, in your acceleration, in your cornering, in your phone distraction, and I think I think that's it. I don't know more.
Speaker 2: It's like four categories.
Speaker 3: Right. I was up there on the high side and I was like, oh, okay, I was kind of worried. Maybe it affects your discount.
Speaker 1: Are you supposed to be on the high side?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ok, yeah, because it'll tell you needs work or good in the higher the Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's like snapshot from progressive right yeah. Yeah. They told me I was stopping too quick, and I'm like, you want me to run people over? Like you want me to hit cars? Because that is one where I'm like that one's not fair. It's not we got stop signs right there.
Speaker 3: Squirrels, deer children, tourists. This morning was raccoons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, you can't hit a coon. Man, oh, justin showing it to me, he got a seventy four in breaking one hundred in acceleration speed seventy that's a little a little high. Cornering eighty nine, phone distraction ninety five. See that doesn't that doesn't keep tracking when he's driving for work.
Speaker 3: I don't know that we're gonna say not at all.
Speaker 1: And that those are horrible numbers for how far he has to drive to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's those morning ables. Bro oh shoot right.
Speaker 1: Bay, oh, missus went down.
Speaker 3: I have an eighty one in breaking, a seventy two in acceleration because.
Speaker 1: You don't take off fast enough.
Speaker 2: No, he's just taking off too fast.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think that's that's inaccurate.
Speaker 2: Speeds A ninety seven, which you speed all the time. Now is where'd you stick yours at in your car? Underneath the dash?
Speaker 3: Didn't specify, so I just put it somewhere. And I'm not making at public because they're obviously listening to this podcast.
Speaker 1: So he's going down as he's talking.
Speaker 3: Cornering is in ninety which is interesting because I drive like an indie car driver when I'm alone.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're good at cornering, it's not Oh yeah, so they see me hug the turns and go in wide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, phone distractions is seventy.
Speaker 2: Four, which means you play on your phone a lot.
Speaker 1: Well, how are you playing music though? Does that count?
Speaker 3: I play music, I play podcasts all that. So I think it's every time you grab your phone.
Speaker 2: It's whenever you move your phone in your car. So I have that wonderful magnet mounta in my car and it stays within arms reach, so I could still play on my phone, but my phone's not moving because it took to Bluetooth and it measures the distance from wherever the device is at to the other device. So when it moves out of that range, you're playing with your phone while you're driving, and it soocks up to your phone's Bluetooth to monitor your speed through GPS, and you're breaking how fast you stop?
Speaker 1: It sounds like he works for them, Mitchell, Yeah, I was just gonna ask.
Speaker 2: I dug into it really deep. Well, I'm like, how does this ship really work?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: It's all done between Bluetooth and GPS.
Speaker 3: I have to get all up in it. I don't The GPS thing is it's just kind of a scam because we go to a lot of rule for places without great cell service. And I've seen a little thing like bouncing every once in a while, you know, when you got your GPS out. So I don't know, but I can't do the magnet mount thing for my car because it's all integrated in the thing. And so I got a.
Speaker 1: Oh you guys don't have a nice screen on your well.
Speaker 3: Mine has the screen. But when you when I want a different podcast or something to listen to, it's hit the button. Yeah, but it's hard to find him.
Speaker 2: You need to get a little cupholder mounta then one that sits in your cup holder. It's got a little arm that comes out.
Speaker 1: And you just where you're gonna put your drink.
Speaker 3: Well, that's another problem is I usually do stick my phone like you know, because you plug it in. Do you do you have to plug yours in to get the screen? Yeah, so mind you have to plug it in to get the screen on the thing to work. So you plug it in and then I set it in my cup holder and then it's just like kind of like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a ninety seven Camaro.
Speaker 3: Which will be riding with there man seventeen Malibu.
Speaker 1: Huh. That's weird how they would have, they wouldn't have bluetooth. Where you get his bluetooth it, you.
Speaker 3: Can bluetooth it. But if you want the car ride thing, car drive ride, whatever it is, you have plugging in, Yeah, car play, you have to plug it in. The Lincoln don't have that for work. What do you mean I can just mind hooks up bute tooth. Yeah, through bluetooth. But the map is a pre pro programmed little map. It's what preprogrammed map.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that means. I think they're all pre programmed.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, it comes. It comes straight from Ford and you can update it. And I've tried updating it because like all of our miles of our speed limits have changed in the state and it won't update. Like you're on US ten where it's seventy five, they'll tell you on the dashboard speed little bit seventy. How do I want to update because there's not an update for it. I've tried. I've parked it right in front of the building here, looked it up to the Wi Fi, tried update in the map, it says it's up to date. M kind of weird.
Speaker 1: It is weird.
Speaker 3: You know, it's way too much about this stuff, Like, that's the seventeen too, right, I think, So, yeah, you gotta get you twenty three something. Yeah, definitely something to do with that year. I got another, got another year in my seventeen and then I'm gonna be trading up.
Speaker 1: That's good, that's good to have them goals.
Speaker 2: I'm just say, pay mine off and then keep it four years, give it to my daughter. I got two years left. Really, yep, I'm halfway through. Actually I'm on the downside of halfway through now, i already crossed the hill. And yeah, yeah, I'll just give it to her. Let her do whatever she wants to do with it. I was given my first car, so that's I was given two cars, my first car one when I graduated high school.
Speaker 1: Wow, that was never given a car never.
Speaker 3: Well, no, my dad paid for half of my first car and had to pay him back.
Speaker 1: Dang. Now. We tried talking to your son, and I don't know. We talked about a little bit on the Recovery Dance podcast but we didn't get too far into it. But we were like, don't you have goals? And he was like, yeah, man, I'm gonna get all c's. I'm like, well, it sounds like you're getting a F in English. So dose, now he just held up two fingers and now I was getting two f's.
Speaker 3: He got the one up pretty quick because.
Speaker 2: What he just did the homework, turned it in his grade and magically went out tabulous. That's pretty much what it was.
Speaker 3: He was missing assignments, so he got his assignments in and it went up, and he's at like a B plus on it that on that one. Now it's pretty quick for like a week, you know, but now he's an infinite different class. I'm like, dude, come on man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was my daughter too. She's got like two e's right now. I'm like, hey, I might going to your school. Emburst the ship out of you.
Speaker 1: How do they let her chair?
Speaker 2: Because it surprisingly she still has a two point oh GPA. It goes by your GP.
Speaker 1: It went by the report that the teacher. This was back in ninety four. It went by the report that the teacher sent out to the coach. If you're not passing your shit, you were not playing. Yep, you had to do. You have a one point seven to sign up for it. But then once it started, you if you had an F in a class, you're riding the bench.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my kid doesn't give an F in the class.
Speaker 2: No, we'll see.
Speaker 1: We were talking to him and he's like, yeah, see averages da da da, And I was like, why not be dind you get a B? And like later he was like walking away and I was like, come on, man, be average, And it sounded like I was telling him to be average. But I was like, never mind, that sounded bad. But I was like, look, man, like if you went to your dad and said, look I got you, I got one better than a C. How about I get b's and then we helped me with a car. I was like, that's how you negotiate that stuff. Man. It all starts with desire. If you have a desire, you want to you want your license, that's cool. But guess what, You're gonna need a car and Dad's not gonna be like, yeah, go to wreck my car. No, and the car will just be sitting there and you're gonna have a license and you're gonna be sitting there going well, I have a license. So you're gonna want to take that next step, and how can you do that? Bargain? You know, get bees, stay out of trouble. You know, maybe your dad will hook you up. Oh that's impossible. Be average, it's impossible. And then I had to go into my story about how I took a college class a year and a half or two years ago, whatever it was. Then open the book and got an a dory. Yeah, it's like the stuff that you get graded on. And then one I purposely wrote completely nothing about what the assignment was and I still got to see on it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the problem he's having right now, is he's not getting his assign his assignments in. I was like, you don't even.
Speaker 1: Have to do a good job get them in the way school is now, just turn it in and you will pass with a C.
Speaker 3: You don't get graded on anything that you don't turn in like you would have gotten something. It was like when we were talking about fantasy football and I had to tight end. They got me zero points and my other one on the bench got me one point nine points. Like, at least he got me one point nine points. I could have put in man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about Fantasy man, your bench scored record numbers? Yeh, last start.
Speaker 3: And you want to I've been watching game logs all the things, trying to learn this.
Speaker 1: Stuff, it happens, and then you'll you'll start them next week and he's gonna get you zero or one. That's every time. Now, if you have a good bench like mine, the only thing that can take my players out is motherfucking mahomes and playing Patty Cake after it throws an interception and it breaks his wide receiver's leg. That's the only thing that takes out my people. I know I'm gonna have points on my bench, maybe not this week because Dak is the only one on my bench that's eligible to play. Everybody else is hurt.
Speaker 3: But don't you have the running bench where most of your bench is running backs?
Speaker 1: I did, and then I traded man. I made this house so stupid. I should have made malready burn some fab for him. But I traded her because she was like, I'm gonna drop Tray Benson, And I was listening to this podcast before the season starting, like trade Benson is going to take over from Connor. Connor is running back for the Arizona Cardinals, always gets hurt. That's given. He will miss games this year because that's what he does. But he's good when he's in there. And Benson, they said once he gets a shot, he's not gonna give it back, and like it's gonna be his. And I'm looking at the numbers from Benson after she says she's gonna drop them. I'm like, well, I want him. Then I'll hold him and I'll wait for him. Eckler just got a concussion and the laceration on his ear or whatever that had to do with anything. But I was like, I'll give you Eckler for Benson because I didn't really want to waste my fab and I thought everybody thinks like me in the league. I probably could have just picked him up and been fine. So I traded Eckler, who now, I guess because the other guy in Washington's hurt, so Eckler's gonna be like the main guy this week. Go figure. And then so I get Benson and then I'm like, wait a minute, the guy from Carolina. No, the other guy who's hurt. Here's a rookie, he's out of Texas. He's supposed to be the ship and I know he was on the way of wire, so I'm like, hold on. So then I did a Google search like who's better, and they said that guy is way better. So then I just dropped Benson. Then they pick up that guy, which I could have. It looked really stupid.
Speaker 2: I was like, because I wondered why it came up in that way, Like you traded Marnie and then you drop over the guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dropped the guy, and then I dropped Swift.
Speaker 2: That's a given.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then Marnie picks him up off the waivers I think Sunday or something, the last minute shit or something, and she's like, what about Swiss. I'm like, that's about Swift. That's why he had my team and works I needed to tight end or I needed to pick up somebody, and so it just it just didn't really work out that way.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 1: Just one of those things. So yeah, I have Nick Chubb, Rice both hurt, Hockinson hurt, and the guy from Carolina who's hurt. So I got one spot for Dak Prescott, who's not playing this week against the Steelers, which means he'll get forty points. So good for Dak. I'm gonna start love at quarterback.
Speaker 2: You're gonna start loving not Dak.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, if I would have started him last week, guess what, I would have beat your ass? Just do you think so yeah, I would have because he scored thirty two points and Dak only scored eighteen. He had eighteenth a half. And I went to bed. I'm like, all right, this would be good. I wake up. But I'm like, eighteen point five. What a couple. And they just the Giants just held the ball and just bore the shit out of everybody. And then they get the ball and then they punt, and then the Giants had the ball for another eight minutes. Again, the game was over.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed fantasy last week.
Speaker 1: But you did. But you enjoyed my good ass wide receiver again his knee broken.
Speaker 2: I did. I really did home. I was like, whoa, I just got lucky.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this isn't this isn't fantasy football talk, even though we just did it.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: But the dentist thing though, it was one of those things though, back to circle, back to this. It's one of those things that is self care. You know, it's stuff that you might not think you want, but a lot of people do want it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I before I got my dental work done before, like back in May or whatever, it was like I didn't like to smile because I'm like, oh no, this tooth kind of looks bad, you know. So I don't really like all that much and it really does make a difference, and I still need to do other work, but it's just like one of those things that you have to do and it does make you feel better. And we're not getting drunk every weekend. We're not shooting up or getting high or anything. So like we have money that we can spend on that a little bit. And you can work with your dentists. You can come up with a plan and they have different payment plans and options and stuff too for people. So yeah, it just takes getting off the couch and actually doing it. You know. I used to be scared, like, oh man, Like I remember back when I was in Arkansas and I hadn't been the dentist in ten years. I'm like, I need to go. My tooth was hurting, and I'm like, well, I had insurance, let's go. But I was afraid a that the dentist was going to judge me, you know, like I was afraid of him just going why haven't you been here? And you just have to get over those things because you just say, because I've been drinking a lot and I still at that time, I still was and they put me in this. When I went to the oral surgeon yesterday, they put me in this thing where I had to grab it and that like zooms around your head. And the last time I was in one of those, when I was in Arkansas, I was withdrawing so bad. I was shaking so bad. The whole machine was moving, and she was just kind of looking at me like, yeah, this isn't gonna work. We had to do old school on you, like they put the thing on me and put it in my mouth. I was thinking about that.
Speaker 3: Thought we're done talking about Diddy.
Speaker 2: He must have got some of that baby oil.
Speaker 3: I know that I didn't. I've never had used one of the spinning around the head things, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to because I'm going, I don't know if we mentioned it earlier, when I'm going to the same oral surgeon that you did, and they're pulling some teeth and this one that's been a problem since I was a kid, my throat tooth, and I've noticed that it changes my voice or that I have like a lisp because of it, and other people have been like, I don't even notice I was like, well, I'm on like podcasts and stuff now, so I have to hear my voice more than I ever have in my entire life. So I'm actually looking forward to like how that's going to change that, you know.
Speaker 1: So like I'm Mitch, damn, you see how your kids hide your wives? It comes home.
Speaker 3: We're done with the diny thing.
Speaker 2: I think you meant as hired your kids and so that way you could have adult time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Fabulous give my point for that one fabulous time. I'm going to change the thing that's the fabulous time.
Speaker 1: I'm like, come on, daddy, need some fabulous time. Then you can't go to bed, but you need some fabulous time. Yeah, it'll be interesting because when I had the Dundal work back in May, like it changed the way I say s's yeah, and it's it still bothers me, especially if I'm laying in bed. I'm like, let's have sex. That's not that bad. But still there's things in words that just don't come out right. And I'm still trying to get used to it. And but it's it's better than having teeth that I was afraid to smile with, you know.
Speaker 3: That's the problem that I have now is my s's are longer and what the like kind of sort of lists that I've got going on. So yeah, I'm excited. And everybody's like it's gonna hurt so much. I'm like, I'm just so done with it. Just snake them out. Yeah, I won't hurt that bad. Everything everything else I've ever done to myself and life is hurt. Like, this is at least going towards something good.
Speaker 1: It's a good pain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, tooth pain really, I mean pulling out a tooth really doesn't hurt afterwards. I had a tooth pulled out and I came back to work that day and I try to take a day off to get them cleaned.
Speaker 1: So after that, yeah, putting that day off, why go to the dentist get my teeth cleaned?
Speaker 2: Fabulous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna numb me all up. Man, They're not dentist, isn't there? They need him to do the shots Friday. I don't worry Fridays.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little New Jolly got works.
Speaker 1: Amazing really weird. Yeah, yeah, because I did the same thing. I was about to get out of the chair and leave. I'm like, well, if you're not gonna numb me up. I'm out here. She's like, just try it. I was like, all right, I'm glad I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Justin's gotta leave work, he's gonna go do stuff, so we'll have to wrap this podcast up. But it felt good to just kind of do one. I don't know if it was officially a fun Friday one. We didn't make fun of anybody too much.
Speaker 2: And I want to give a shout out to Snoopy. He's seventy four years old today. Seen that on Facebook. Little cartoon dog. Okay, yeah, thanks, Justin, no problem. It's good to know that he's a cool little dog. Bro.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: What does he say?
Speaker 1: Shucks? No, I don't think says anything you.
Speaker 3: Charlie Brown. Whenever he it's like, rats, that's not it, mom, w.
Speaker 1: W that's his mom. Yeah yeah, zoincs Nope, Charlie Brown has this one.
Speaker 3: Every time his planes get foiled, he says something I can't remember. No, I think that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably wasn't the fifties. You know they're allowed to say that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thanks for listening, and we'll be back again sometimes soon later. Yet Thanks for listening to the two seventeen Recovery podcast. Listen to over nine hundred episodes on the two seventeen Recovery app that's free in your app store or online at two seventeen recovery dot com