Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Kirkland being I guess, the king of private labels.
Speaker 3: This was, you know, growing up, whenever you got like tasty O's or fruity you know, holes, that's not a good one.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Here's Bill Handle. Here we go, unmute the mic. It is I just lost the introduction, so I just don't remember what happened. Anyway, It is Valentine's Day, February fourteenth, twenty twenty five, and cono were we gonna be interviewing Valentine this morning? He's on my I know, but yeah, it's Valentine's Day. It's a kind of did there, Yeah, yeah, so clever. So I don't know. Yes, it's val that's his name. By the way, that's his real name, is Valentine.
Speaker 3: There are no no last name, no first no.
Speaker 2: No no last name at all.
Speaker 4: Dallas rains for example in channel seven, that is his name. We got a mute issue here. Uh that is actually his name. No idea where the mute is going? All right?
Speaker 2: Why am I hearing that?
Speaker 4: Is that better?
Speaker 5: It's Amy?
Speaker 3: Amy got to mute it.
Speaker 2: You gotta see.
Speaker 5: Normally Ann does this for me, but Michelle won't turn my everybody can put it. I don't know how to mute it.
Speaker 4: Michelle, you sound like me. I'm the only one that's allowed to do that. Amy all right, If I keep it low like that, the echo doesn't happen, right, I think so.
Speaker 3: It sounds certain that it sounds very romantic.
Speaker 4: It does because he's Valentine's Day, Neil.
Speaker 5: I found it.
Speaker 2: Neil. Yeah, I think of you, and I get would you know that?
Speaker 5: Don't you stop it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Well, it's so what It's six o six and we've started already on the show.
Speaker 5: You've started already.
Speaker 4: It is a Friday morning, Foody Friday, which is always great. Fun Foody Friday is because at eight o'clock Neil we come aboard and he does Foody Friday.
Speaker 2: And Neil is and this is not blowing smoke.
Speaker 4: Neil is one of the best cooks chefs actually I've ever been.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's that's very kind of you. It's true, that's a title like a military it.
Speaker 4: Is, but that I understand creating foods and coming out it's you're not a cook cook follows recipes, chefs create and you and I've been to your place you create, I've seen you say I've asked for recipes and you've said I don't have a recipe. I just sort of did this and through whatever I could, and it's fabulous.
Speaker 3: I have plenty of sault bombs in my past where I'm like.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just thought, you know, I'm being nice, and when I'm being nice, which is very rare, at least I'm telling the truth. Okay, today some fun stuff because as candle anything, we do that on Friday, and that's getting great reviews, I think because it's just so embarrassing for me, so humiliating, and people enjoy knowing what I'm like, or like, what anybody is like. There's something about people behind the mic. People want to know what are they like in real life? And I'm the same way. I'm exactly the same way, what are they like? When I first started, we had Tom Likes here, who his ratings were so horrible, but his ratings were the best of this station. That's how bad.
Speaker 3: We were horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were compared to what we have gotten. Yeah they were.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's not his fault. Because no one was not his fault. No one was listening to KFI. We came from zero.
Speaker 3: So he's probably in those days one of the best broadcasters that LA had ever seen. Could have been huge if he didn't go down that path of the TNA.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'd go down and on the radio, he would ask I when we met him once and I know downstairs, Yeah, I knew him. He's somebody that I know.
Speaker 3: He loves to cook, he loves to I think he loves to grill, he loves wine. He's somebody i'd like to I think he has a winery in this business for thirty years.
Speaker 4: I think I think he has a winery up in northern California's interesting stuff. Okay, so much for that, And then a real fun when at seven, at seven thirty, how flunking a personality test can actually cost you your dream job. And I have a personal story about taking a personality test.
Speaker 3: Oh, I would love to seem to.
Speaker 4: Get a job that is seven thirty, And I will share that story with you. You have the result, not going to not going to share, not going to share until seven thirty, and yes, I'm going to share the results.
Speaker 3: Did you have to take a test for each personality or do you taste take it once?
Speaker 4: Or okay, okay, my middle name is Sybil. Okay, you finally recognize it.
Speaker 2: Fair enough? Anyway, that's a seven.
Speaker 4: Thirty I take a personality test, and so oh in a story about at seven fifty fake i DS, which naturally all the kids have used, my kids included, and I have.
Speaker 2: A personal story about that and the radio.
Speaker 4: And that's a fun story too about fake id's and it has a political spin to it. And that's at seven fifty. And that's another teast. Okay, guys, Hello, there's Anne harassing me as always, good morning.
Speaker 5: I'm not here today.
Speaker 4: I always do that, don't I?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately? Yeah, good morning.
Speaker 4: Why do I conflate your name Amy with Anne because they're two a's. That's why.
Speaker 2: All right, Amy, Hi kono? Who I conflate with?
Speaker 4: No one? Hello?
Speaker 5: Oh? No?
Speaker 2: And Neil? Who you know?
Speaker 4: Neil? Yeah? Okay, Neil Gowarnie Hello? Yeah, all right, Michelle.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Do you know Valentine's real first name?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: Edwardio?
Speaker 1: Sean?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: Fair enough?
Speaker 3: Good morning Sean, mornings to Valentine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like Kirk Douglas's real name. I just grew up in a very Jewish home. Kirk Douglas a Brahma, it's a titch or something like that. So weird names, uh is John Wayne, I always yeah, Michael something Morrison.
Speaker 3: Is his first name is like Miriam or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think it is. And uh so they made him change to some weird name. Those are the days when you grab names that then they didn't give you the name. Same thing with radio you would get you know. For example, there was a very famous DJ here in Los Angeles, the real Don Steele, remember him. His first name though, was the real and so that was legitimate.
Speaker 3: Lucille Ball was Lucy Testicles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said okay, guys, let's do it.
Speaker 4: It's time for Handle on the news with Amy and Neil and b lead story and man, it is all about the rain and it is a tough one here in southern California.
Speaker 2: Amy, I defer to.
Speaker 5: You, well it rained a lot, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, second story in the studio.
Speaker 5: You know what, we got a huge day lose yesterday and it was right when forecaster said it was going to happen. The National Weather Service was saying between four and nine pm. Was gonna be the heaviest drain and that's when it came down. And we still have chances for rain today, but not nearly as much. We do have some mudslides, some debris flows, some flooding, but overall, I think we kind of lucked out on this.
Speaker 4: Could have been worse, could have been worre and wet. In some areas got two to three inches. That that is a day loge.
Speaker 5: The San Gabriel Dam area five and a half inches.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is crazy.
Speaker 5: Downtown La got almost three inches, like two point eight inches.
Speaker 4: Which is even though we're still in drought though the rain is if I'm in the dry rain, it is a dry rain. There's no water in it. Well said, but Amy, we're still below the pace that we would normally have at fifteen and a half inches of rain for the year, are we not?
Speaker 5: We are for southern California, but northern California is doing so well that we might be okay. Like they're The Shafted Dam is up twenty two feet in the last couple of weeks. Orville Dam is up twenty three feet because they got twenty four inches of rain in two weeks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they still have not hit capacity, have they.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: No, If you go to Boulderdam, Hoover Dam, and you'll see Lake Mead right behind it. If you look at the water, it is so low or was so low those huge pumps that they look like German hand grenades. During World War Two. It almost reached the point they and they are low too to suck up water to go to the turbines. They were close to being a deadpool, which means number one, it's a movie that did pretty good, pretty well, and number two, there wasn't enough water. That's a tough one that never happened before.
Speaker 5: Okay, Trump's team is closer to complete. The Senate has voted to confirm Robert F. Kennedy, Junior as the Health and Human Services Secretary. Of the vote fifty two to forty eight. There are fifty three Republicans in the Senate. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky once again joined the Democrats to oppose the nomination.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's has Donald Trump personally and had a real issue with RFK recording the vaccines. Now, all of the under secretaries you go to see that also have to be confirmed. Most of them are in iron lungs because they didn't take the polio vaccine.
Speaker 3: We're going backwards as a civilization.
Speaker 4: But matter of fact, I ask you, wait, you wait till one of these undersecretaries are asked a question and they're going to answer.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's move on.
Speaker 5: Is that because of the iron lung?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it was an iron lung joke most for those you have no idea what an iron lung is because a little bit dated. They don't use that anymore. Go look up iron lung. There are a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Very last the last user of an iron lung just passed away not long ago. Yeah, he became an attorney in there and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, taking the bar inside an iron lung is no small feet, and that's because he had small feet. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: I'm rubber your glue. Whatever your tariff bounces off of me in tariffs you that's a horrible Trump. But I think they get what's going on. President Donald Trump signed a memorandum Thursday calling for fair and reciprocal trade tariffs on all major US trading partners, including longtime allies, which is I think what raises the eyebrow.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, here is he.
Speaker 3: Just says purpose of tariffsy, we've been paying more than others. We're just gonna match.
Speaker 4: It's a trade it's a straight out trade war. He's right by the way, China, for example, charges everything that comes in, and they don't let a lot of things at ours that we produce sold, so it is horrifically unfair. He's absolutely right about that. But here's the trade war. And he has admitted, yep, there's going to be some pain as opposed to when I come in, prices are going to decrease day one, and he has admitted that is true.
Speaker 2: It is going to be painful long. We don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: He figures crossed. But yeah, he's been in a trade When was the last time we were in a trade war.
Speaker 4: Oh, we've been in trade wars with China before. We've had tariffs like crazy. The Smooth Holly Act. I think either that dealing with ships going to the United States and ports or it's tariffs. Don't know, it's one of the two bill. But we've had trade wars.
Speaker 5: Before, so here's a question. Though he hasn't actually imposed these tariffs, he has said we're going to Is it a negotiating tactic.
Speaker 4: Don't know, but I'll tell you he's the president that walks. He walks the talk.
Speaker 2: He absolutely does. Yeah, yesterday, what was it?
Speaker 4: The offer for federal employees to resign a buy out until September. Okay, and those that didn't, looks like you may be fired. The mass firings happened the next morning and they're still going on now. I don't know what mass means, uh in quotation marks, but a lot of people losing their jobs, he said. And he said he's going to clean out and redo the federal government completely top to bottom. And what is he doing.
Speaker 2: He's doing exactly what he said.
Speaker 3: And I think everything is a tactic, don't you. Everything's just a negotiator. I think that's I think that's his muscle.
Speaker 4: No, I think you're yeah, you're right, except that I think they're saying some things that are so near and dear and visceral to him that he's just going to do it. And tariff we wanted to do well he does. And then if you're going to.
Speaker 3: Negotiate, you have to be willing to do whatever. You know, that's the only power in your negotiations.
Speaker 4: And in terms of restructuring the federal government.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 4: When's the last time you saw a president who said, I'm going to restructure the government because there's too much crap in it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: And he did it. Growth of government has been far, far greater than inflation, has been far greater than other industries. So you know, the you know, the court is still in out or in session, or you know, it's the ball court or whatever the hell you goes. You know, I don't know how that goes. Well, Sorry, ready to come back. Hey, I'm good with those free I get that from my mother. By the way, just to let you know the malapropisms. My mother and my mother and dad had bought new furniture in their house, first time they ever did, and they went around saying, you know, but the arms and the legs are so expensive, and I'm trying to figure out what the hell is that it costs an arm in the lake? See how that works? And that is that's what she said.
Speaker 5: Police have prevented a Valentine's Day massacre. A teenage girl has been arrested for allegedly plotting a mass shooting at her high school in Indiana. She'd planned to do it, apparently on Valentine's Day. Now, they got wind of this because a tipster said that their friend was planning an attack, had access to an aar Fil fifteen, and had just ordered a bulletproof vest.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Also went to a mental health counseling on Tuesday disclosed being sexually attracted to Nicholas Cruz, who opened fire at Marjorie Douglas Douglas Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School. I mean on and on killers faces. I just you think there were some signs there, I mean, it didn't stop so and is there any doubt that she would have done it? Absolutely none.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of got crazy face. Yeah, all right, Pope Francis. He's been admitted to the hospital. Of course, he's had back and forth health issues. This medical examination is to treat bronchitis, and he's been, you know, doing a lot. At eighty eight years old, he's continued at his activities and the audience's indoors and all that. He handed off his speeches for his aid to read aloud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean posts last forever and they last forever.
Speaker 2: Have one lung too, he does, he has he has one lung and.
Speaker 3: Michelle, Yeah, it was a line.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was.
Speaker 2: Gary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who came up with that song? And it's just a phenomenal I don't know that song.
Speaker 5: It's from the Conclave, the musical bit that we did when they.
Speaker 2: Were that's right, when they were when they were conclaving.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, and ended up choosing Francis as the new pope, which is very interesting how that works. Conclave, because you have a bunch of cardinals running around doing nothing but politicking, nothing but politicking, and all of a sudden someone is elected pope and now it's a direct line to Jesus. It is a singular line, no one can hack it, and picks up the phone and goes, hey, Jesus, what's going on today. It's fascinating how that works.
Speaker 5: Have you seen the movie Conclave?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, GeV Yeah, getting together to gloat a bit. California Attorney General Rob Bonta and eighteen other state attorneys general of issued a statement after another judge I think that's been three at least have blocked President Trump's executive order that tries to get rid of birthrate birthright citizenship. The message says President Trump may believe he is above the law. But today's preliminary injunction sends a clear message he is not a king and he cannot rewrite the Constitution with the stroke of a pen.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not quite rewriting the Constitution.
Speaker 4: It's interpreting the line under the jurisdiction thereof in reference to the United States, and that can go either way. The court can say that if parents who are not legal, they are not under to quote the jurisdiction of the United States, much like diplomats. Diplomat's kids were born in Iasais are not citizens. So and much like the court interpreting the Second Amendment. You know, the militia line is it disappeared? Disappeared even though it's right there in the Constitution. So the court go that way, will it? I don't think so. I don't think so. I think the fourteenth Amendment is pretty clear cut. But you know, you never know with this court, you never know with any court.
Speaker 3: Actually, well, isn't that why you have verbiage in there? I mean, why have that clause at all?
Speaker 4: Well, because everything has to be has to be interpreted. For example, the First Amendment. Okay, how far does that go? Is pornography covered? The First Amendment, Yes, it is allowed to do that. Freedom of religion. How far does freedom of religion go? Does that include prayer in the schools? Is that prohibited under the First Amendment freedom of religion? Maybe? Maybe? And the courts have certainly gone that way, saying no prayer in school, not even a moment of silence. Can't even have that because that's a violation of the separation of church estate. So it's all a matter of interpretation. Is the document a living breathing document. I don't know how paper breathes. But that's one view. The other view is, and this is what originalists say, You have to look at the language of the Constitution, look at the four corners of the document itself. For example, privacy Roe v. Wade, and the right to privacy still exists. It came out of nowhere the court. Blackman actually wrote the opinion, where's the right to privacy? Scully? You ask, it's not there? And what Blackman wrote? It exists because of the p number of the rights. If you put all of it together, if you look at the ecdoplasm of the Constitution.
Speaker 2: What flows from the Constitution are these rights?
Speaker 4: And the originalists say absolutely not first Amendment, I mean the right to fourteenth Amendment, right to birthright says right there, born in the United States, you are a citizen. So does that help? Of course? Not?
Speaker 3: All right, all right on, moving on, Okay, Elon Musk can continues to rub people the wrong way. California has joined more than a dozen other states just yesterday ensuing the Trump administration over Elon Musk's informal, sort of formal role as the president's personal budget advisor. And they say that it's you know, everybody the same word we're going to be hearing forever unconstitutional, and that he has all this authority and democracy as we know it is collapsing because they're actually turning over rocks and saying you paid how much for what?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't know. Oh yeah, but I don't know if that's unconstitutional because he's doing it on behalf of the president. You have to be an official of the government to do that. I don't I don't know. By the way, when I refer to freedom, separation of church and state, and you can't pray in school, for example, that's public schools. It's not private schools. You can pray all day long if you want in private schools Catholic schools. Do they do another?
Speaker 2: But do they do anything but praying Catholic schools?
Speaker 3: What another thing that's not in the constitution. Separation of church and state does not exist in the Constitution. That term comes from.
Speaker 4: Right, the separate Now the state shall the state shall not abridge freedom of religion, and that has.
Speaker 3: Or pick one as the state or the national religion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't do that. Where in England the term none of that. We're in England, by the way, there is a state religion is and the Queen is the defender of the faith. Although of course all religions can be practiced in Britain even though there is a state religion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if that was going to cause any problems like a revolutionary war.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. Israel, for example, there's a state religion. Does Israel allow other religions?
Speaker 2: For example?
Speaker 4: Can Islam be practiced in Israel? Not too many people do because they're all killed. If they do practice in Israel, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: They have mosques in Israel, Yeah they do.
Speaker 4: Now, there's a serious freedom of religion there, so theocracy, but it is it is an official state religion. All right, let's go finish up handle on the news with Amy, Neil and Me and Neil and me is No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think it's Nils.
Speaker 2: I think it's Nils.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: Oh no, but did you do to story seven?
Speaker 4: That's all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, then it's okay. Next, got to do everything around IRS. The handsome be funny bees marches.
Speaker 5: Still talking about Elon Musk here. Elon Musk is freaking the Democrats out because he's attempting to overhaul US Agency for International Development and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and gain access into the Treasury Department and now has moved over to the IRS. Oregon Democratic Senator Ron Wyden says Doge is now with the IRS. That means Musk's henchmen are in a position to dig through a trove of data about every taxpayer in America.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and well that's one aspect of it. That's one view. The other view is going to clean out the IRS the agents because there are too many of them and they cost too much money, which I've always wondered how the government does that. You think they'd be more IRS agents because they make a lot of money for the government. I mean that is a profit center, you would think not necessarily, Okay, Neil, now you Jonah.
Speaker 3: If you I know, if you did not see this, you have to look it up. A humpback whale briefly swallows kayaker in Chilean, Patagonia, and it's all captured on camera. I think by the guy's dad.
Speaker 4: It was yeah, and the guy's dad was calm and captured the whole thing. I mean it took it was just a second. You know. The whale swallows him, I guess by a mistake and then goes phit. I don't want this. I don't want this person in my mouth.
Speaker 3: But I was thinking about that as a father. I'm like, what would I have sat there and continued to tape it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I can. I aren't.
Speaker 2: Aren't humpbacks bayleen whales?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's that, Baileen?
Speaker 2: You can look it up.
Speaker 4: They eat They eat krill, which are a little tiny, almost microscopic shrimp, and they're not they're they're not like sharks. They don't eat chunks out of people, they don't eat mammals, they don't eat virtually anything. It's a filter, big big miles, Yeah, huge mouths, and there's a filter there.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's looking it up.
Speaker 5: Well, no, I'm watching the video because I actually have seen humpback whales feeding and they do do that, but they also eat fish.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, you're bound to right, So I don't you know what, look it up?
Speaker 4: Look it up because I think baileen whales do not eat fish. They just filter krill. I think they filter out the fish. I think they do because what a whales sound like. Most of them are that high pitched sound they do, humpback whales are. There's a lot of that.
Speaker 5: Okay, So pumpback whales do filter feed on small crustaceans, mostly krill, and also small fish.
Speaker 4: Okay, they have to be very small fish.
Speaker 2: Then they have to be sardinia.
Speaker 3: Be like you perceive the rest of your crew.
Speaker 5: Will They do this thing called bubble fishing where they all hurt around and then they all go down and they blow bubbles up and it forces the fish up to the surface and then they come up and open their mouths like he did for that kayaker and go and chomp them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dolphins do the same thing. Orcas do the same thing with their prey.
Speaker 3: Handle, and I do the same thing in a buffet.
Speaker 4: That's absolutely correct.
Speaker 5: Well, at least he spit them out quickly.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It just it was mind blowing because it's like, could you imagine he would be eating my poop and my pea because I would be voiding myself.
Speaker 4: Oh that's delightful. All right, I think we have one more coming up.
Speaker 5: Do you remember getting a good night's sleep?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, the number of studies show that's there's an association between the risk of dementia and sleep.
Speaker 4: AIDS told you.
Speaker 5: Insufficient sleep by itself is also linked to health effects, heart disease, type two diabetes, memory problems. About eight point four percent of US adults who report taking medication to help them sleep the previous month.
Speaker 4: So how do you spell ambient?
Speaker 3: Oh? Handle has a G A give me and M How do you still take that stuff.
Speaker 2: You put in your mouth?
Speaker 4: I get it and I swallow a little bit of water and it goes down your throat?
Speaker 3: What? How have you weaned your it is? It is malpracticed for anybody to give you ambient anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I go to drug dealer and let me tell you how difficult it is. Drug dealers don't stand on corners and.
Speaker 2: Go, hey, you want to try some ambient Hey, they don't do that. Okay, I think we're done, guys.
Speaker 4: That is it.
Speaker 2: We are feene on the news. This is KFI A M six. You've been listening to the Bill handle A show.
Speaker 4: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app