Speaker 1: It's night's time with Dan Ray.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you Boston's video. Al thank you, thank you very much for my intro. Jack Hart is here doing double duty telling people watch out for pedestrians as you leave the Esplanade area. You ain't kidding. And we're sharing July fourth stories here, some political, some just happens on the fourth of July that this event, this story took place. We have a phone call and I've got two fourth of July circumstances to bring up. I'll leave it up to you, Jack, Do I take the call now tell my stories or take a call down then push that button Nancy and say, Dennis and Loe, welcome aboard.
Speaker 1: Well, good evening, gentlemen. Nice to be aboard. Nice to have you all the time staying here. Yes, there's so many different stories just from a history lesson, like we had fifty six signers, five from Massachusetts, Damn Adams, John Adams, Albert Jerry, which we got jerry mandering from John Hancock and with the biggest signature because he said, you want to make sure they could read it. And one thing I saw.
Speaker 3: This actually, by the way, by the way, people forget Ben Franklin signed the Declaration of Independence, although it was from Philadelphia. He was representing Pennsylvania, but he was he was lived in Boston till he was seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was also the oldest signer too, he was seventy years old. But one sactoid I saw was that forty eight of the fifty six signers were actually born in America. I was kind of surprised by that, say year so it wasn't American? Yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Well by that time, it would you say forty eight were born in America?
Speaker 1: Did you say, yeah, forty eight out of fifty.
Speaker 2: Six fifty six?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the what goes by that time, you know, people had been here as colonists for one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 2: People forget that. People have many of one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 3: So you know, they were pretty well in trench. They were probably seventh eight generations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and out of the status just quickly. Because there's one other thing I want to talk about, Like seventeen of the signers lost everything that they had, and I think it was like nine, you know, died in the revolution. They paid a price. A lot of them paid a price.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, a lot of people paid a price but that's how important it was.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right. Locally, I wanted to talk about like Lowell is right next to Chansford, and Chansford has a fabulous Fourth of July parade. I think it's you. I think it's either the second largest in Massachusetts or third or fourth in New England. I mean it's like over fifteen twenty thousand people watching. It's like two and a half miles long. They have a race before then, a two mile race, and they have like one hundred different elements that participate in at all age levels. All right, first I'll talk about the race. They have like eighteen hundred people in the race.
Speaker 2: What type of race automobile footrace?
Speaker 1: No, No, this is a foot race to begin with. And you have people, well, babies from with strollers, the mothers from eight months to people who are eighty years old, you know, and type of thing. So it's a they like eighteen hundred people participate in that in the morning before the parade, and the parade has so many different elements, a lot of people dressed up in colonial uniforms and so forth, and a lot of bands obviously, and attractors, old cars. I mean, it's just a such a I'm trying to make a word of malegnan.
Speaker 3: It's an event wow, an old fashioned, an old timey parade.
Speaker 1: Yeah really, and they've been doing it for like over fifty years. Also fifty five years since nineteen seventy. So no, I'll just say I was involved in the parade and stuff, and in front of me were cut scouts, I mean have all ages and they're probably like eight, nine, ten, eleven years old and they toss out they toss out candy to the people along the sides. And there's many many children along the side three four or five six years old that you know, like run into the street to pick up the candy and stuff like that. It's quite an eventage. It's really hot warming. That's Jansford, Massachusetts.
Speaker 2: Yeh, don't make a bigger thing about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they don't publicize it as much, but as I told you, they have great attendance, great participation in the in the people, you know, dress up all right, this is the best dressed pot though there's a fellow who dresses up like one of Johnny Depp's characters, Captain Jack Sparrow. Okay, and I'll tell you I thought he looks just like him.
Speaker 2: You know, I would make up your braid, your beard, and you put colorful beads in that braid. Those braids, ye try try corner hat.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's Captain Jack, that's him. Oh yeah, you got to find.
Speaker 2: A three masted boat and paint black swan on the fantail. But there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if that would make it down the parade anyway, A good idea. So anyway, gentlemen, thanks for coming on and talking about for the July stories.
Speaker 2: Dennis, thank you, thank you very much, And I'm going to tell a quick one before the break, and then another one after the break. The movie blown Away with Jeff Bridges. That made me think of it when we played the clip of Jeff Bridges celebrating eight generations ago somebody in his family was killed on the opening day of the skirmish. And Jack, do you remember the movie blown Away?
Speaker 3: I do remember the movie blown Away if I saw it. I saw it only once.
Speaker 2: What was so unbelievable about that movie?
Speaker 3: What was so unbelievable and unbelievable the ship blowing up?
Speaker 2: No, they the climactic scene took place the Esplanade fourth of July celebration.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you know, I tell you the other I only saw it once, a very long time ago.
Speaker 2: It melded into a car chase scene. Oh yeah, all the people, a couple one hundred thousand people at the esplanade. There's no way you could move a car one foot for at least an hour at the end of the event. That's right. And I always just shook my head when I saw that. And now it's time for me to give phone numbers six one, seven, two, five, fourth, ten thirty or eight eight, eight nine two nineteen thirty. If you want to do what I last called it, call in and just share memories of July fourth with us. Jack Cart and me here filling in for Danre. I'm Morgan, and time and temperature excuse me, eleven point fifteen nine degrees.
Speaker 3: You're on night side with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: I've been telling you for the best day and a half. Dan is off. He won't be back until the fourteenth of July that Monday, but he'll be here eight o'clock sharp. I promise you. I am here. I'm Morgan, a colleague of mine. Mister Jack Hart is here, and Jack, I've got a BZ related July fourth story, okay, and then I'll let you tell your story, and then hopefully we'll get an avalanche of phone calls. We have one now, but anyway, it was July fourth, either eighty three or eighty four, nineteen eighty three, eighty four. Bill Flaherty said, Morgan, you want to do trivia at the Esplanade on the fourth of July. Stupid me, I said, yes, you got. Now you've seen my act, you know. I asked trivia questions and if I've got forty fifty sixty seventy people, I can handle that with no problem. You try asking what did the Beverly Hillbillies call the swimming pool? In front of a couple hundred thousand people. It did not go as smoothly as I wanted it to go. But one of the things that caught my attention that I remember to this day, about two dozen people were going to be made natural citizens. They took the tests, they passed the tests, and they were going to receive their papers and the acknowledgement of being citizens at the July fourth. Jack the pride on the people. They're about a couple dozen of them who were going to be given this citizenship. Oh my goodness, Jack, and I'll never forget the look on those faces. They had to study, obviously and take that test. I'm sure it's ten times harder than the ged test. And they passed, and they learned their history, and they were there. Most of them were dressed in some form of red, white and blue. Yep. And the pride from ear to ear I still can recall forty odd years later, and that's so it is. Wow. Now you said you had a couple of Fourth of July stories. I got a couple of things going on here. You know.
Speaker 3: The Fourth of July was first the first read in Boston on July seventeenth, I believe it was, And it was a Colonel Ebenezer Craft of the Colonial Forces who read it. His house eventually became that restaurant out in out near Sturbridge, the Public House. But any rate, he was on the he stood on the balcony of the old State House. Now the balcony of the old State House was when they built that thing, that was waterfront property. Anybody who's spent any time in Boston knows where the old State House is down near government Center, but at one point in time that was waterfront property. So you know, effectively by looking out there, the next thing that you're looking at directly across from you would be of course England. So the balcony was on the was placed on the eastern side of what was known as the Townhouse when the British built it in seventeen thirteen, so that anybody, any British, British representative, British agent, making a speech to the colonists gathered below, we'll not only be facing the colony, but would he effectively be facing the king, you know.
Speaker 2: And even though that was three thousand miles away roughly.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, sure, but he was still facing the king, facing England. So on July seventeenth, Colonel lebanezer Kraft walked out on that very same balcony and read the Declaration of Independence to the.
Speaker 2: People who were gathered down below. They hearing it for the first time.
Speaker 3: So for all intents and purposes, he was reading that, he was reading it directly to the king, and who was reading it directly across to the king, just as a British representative would have. And so that's you know, so that's what happened on that at that particular balcony, which always thought was ironic. But then in seventeen seventy six, Kevin White stood on that same the mayor of Boston at the time, stood on that same balcony with the Queen of England and presented her with a check for six million some odd dollars, as I recall, essentially to pay for that was the seventeen seventy six dollar value of the tea that was destroyed.
Speaker 2: Three And was that an actual.
Speaker 3: Check or prop No, it was an actual check. He actually paid for the tea.
Speaker 2: I never heard that story in my life, but I'll remember it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, people don't realize that that's really the tea Party is really what changed everything. What people don't understand is that up until the time of you know, after the Boston Tea Party, the England punished, the King of England punished Boston severely. The course of acts as they came to be known, which included that, you know, that the local government was abolished, and the port of Boston was blocked, and the the the and the the the people who were living here in Boston were now which charge with having to provide housing and so forth for these soldiers, and so forth and so on. So up to this point, while everybody is protesting, just about everybody was in Boston was protesting at the time, but only about five percent of the people in Boston, only five percent of the people in all the colonies, which are only about two and a half million people, and all the colonies at the time, but only about five percent of them had any interest in actually seceding from the from the British government, from Great Britain and becoming a separate country. Up to that point, everybody who was protesting, well, excuse me, I just swalled of something wrong. Everybody was protesting, was protesting for their rights as British citizens. These people were trying to become more British. These people were trying to fight for their rights under British law. And so up to that point, these people are trying to become more British. Once the Tea Party kicked in and Boston was as people believed it to be, Boston was severely abused by George the Third and Parliament. That's when people in other colonies started to realize things could happen there as well, and that was really the turning point where the interest in becoming a separate country, seceding from England and becoming a separate country went from about five percent of the people to about ninety five percent of the people after that. And so that's you know, that's the importance of the Tea Party leading up to the declaration of independence.
Speaker 2: The eleanor the Dartmouth and the beef and the beaver. And if I'm not mistaken, you would know, correct me, please, wasn't there another tea party ship down in the Cape Hyenas of someplace Plymouth?
Speaker 3: Well, reality of life is that up and down the entire coast by this time, by seventeen seventy three, a lot of people, or a lot of people in most of the colonies were refusing to unload the tea from the ships and to store it so and tying up the ships essentially so they wouldn't take it out of it. They wouldn't take it out of the ships because actually the tax had actually been lifted on the tea, but England was selling it at cheaper than the tea that John Hancock was smuggling it in, and other smugglers were smuggling it in from the Netherlands, and so up and down the coast there were effectively, for all intention purposes, tea parties up and down the coast. It's just the differences is that in Boston the rebels destroyed the tea as opposed to just not unloading it.
Speaker 2: How did they come up with that six million dollar figure, because it definitely was much less than that in seventeen seventy three.
Speaker 3: Well, he goes, they didn't have dollars in those days. It was well, you had about three hundred and fifty chests of tea, and however much tea was in each chest, I don't know, but one way or another they calculated it out that whatever the price was, that whatever whatever the dollar vac would have been, because you know, the dollar dollar, you know, dollars and cents and and money was very different in seventeen seventy three than than it is. You know that it has been from the late eighteen hundreds of mid eighteen hundreds up until now. Money was a completely different, different concept.
Speaker 2: You know. Okay, So where did Kevin White get the six million dollars from Boston's treasury or what?
Speaker 3: I don't know where they got the money from I don't know from where it came the money, but one way or another they came up with an idea that that it was, that was the value of it, and and just and just paid for the tea. I don't know if that's the I don't know if six million is the exact amount, but you know, it was somewhere around there.
Speaker 2: It was a big number. Yeah, yeah, six million, even in nineteen seventy six is a big number. Yeah. Well, you know, to you not to imagine what it would be now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's you know, fifty years fifty years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seventy six is fifty years ago, thank god. Scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so that'd probably be worth you know, they're probably paying you know, like a probably about twenty two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would wonder where mayor Will would get that kind of check if Kevin White hadn't have done that. I don't know. If all things being equal, we've got a monarchal now would be Charles representing England, Charles the Third Yep, yep. I'm just curious about these things. Now, if you want to call in, someone's just called in, Loretta. Let me do a news hit couple of commercials and you will be the next person. I guarantee anybody who else wants to call in. Jack and I hear, and we're trying to give you both political and just every day July fourth stories. We've covered a lot of ground with some of these stories, but I'm sure you know one or two that you might want to share with thirty eight states and parts of Canada. So you can do that. I'll give you the phone numbers once again, six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty. Please you got a story share with us? I mean Jack and I have gone this far sure between Loretta's call and just Jack and I. If need be, we can kill a half hour, can't we, Jack?
Speaker 3: Oh, we can kill it. We canna murder it. We can enlive at it and then rich it as well.
Speaker 2: There you go. So I'm about to take my break about a minute early, and let me just do my out. Cue time and temperature. We were on night Side eleven twenty nine sixty nine degrees.
Speaker 3: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: That girl is poison. I'm sorry every time I hear Belle biztevo, I have to sing one of those two songs, I see. And are you ready to take a phone call Jack? Absolutely, Let's go to Melrose and speak with Loretta. Loretta happy fourth of July.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you very much. I heard a couple of questions. I mean, one is, none of the necessarily did the fourth July. But Francis Kakey who wrote the scat Spangled Banner, which I guess a was a poem? What where was that? I've held different things?
Speaker 1: Was it for?
Speaker 4: Was that Fort.
Speaker 3: Henry was at Fort Sumters during the War of eighteen twelve?
Speaker 1: Eight?
Speaker 4: Allsoe that wasn't during the Revolutionary War?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, not at all? Where of eighteen twelve?
Speaker 4: The the eighteen twelve and Fort Sumner was?
Speaker 3: Where down in uh?
Speaker 2: Mary Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, down down in Maryland, I believe. And and uh the U? And who's the who's the writer there? Francis friends got key he was a lawyer and he was being held on a British ship out in the harbor U And right, No, that's.
Speaker 4: What I was. That's why I wanted to ask where it was located, because someone told me it was Henry and I said, no, that's that's like George. So there was sounder and I'm also I was told that there was prisoners of war, American prisoners. They were held on the ship in the in the in the bottom of the ship.
Speaker 3: There were there were, there were there were a number of them. Yes, And then so they were they were firing on the fort. British were firing on the fort. And and if the flag ever fell, the you know the thing that's right.
Speaker 4: No, he was watching from above and he was a real prisoner.
Speaker 2: He was but what was going on?
Speaker 4: Right? And he was telling that they were.
Speaker 2: By God, I'll tell you.
Speaker 4: I know, I knew that I was. I was asking Maryland. The other thing was that today we mentioned it was mentioned at the fourth July uh fireworks celebration there that this what whoever? One of one of the guests that were on that was talking about his relations in Arlington, the old nominee or whatever.
Speaker 2: Kurt Russell. Kurt Russell is the actor been in a number of movies. I could name them, but it wouldn't matter because I'm betting I don't.
Speaker 4: That's not the important part. Important pile was to me was that I was told by somebody who lives in Arlington, that there was a house there after the next day, after the Lexington and conquered, saying that that they went to Arlington and that was gonna say it was a different name at the time, but there was people hiding in one of the houses and they went in and they slaughtered them. Yes, it was at the same house.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's the same house, but if you listen, I'm sure they'll repeat the news story. During the twelve o'clock news he Kurt Russell mentions that his relative eight generations ago, was killed on the first day of the skirmish, and his relative was bayoneted to death, and they were hiding in the house hoping that the uh British wouldn't knock the doors down. But the British were checking every single household in that area, and they checked on it was still the last name of Russell. They checked on the Russell house and they found his great great great great grandfather.
Speaker 4: He wasn't the one was panning at the door.
Speaker 2: They said, he, yes, he was in the doorway, and next thing you know, somebody took a banonet and introduced his stomach to the bayonet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, but I heard there was a house that was a bunch of people hiding and they killed them.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know how many other people were in that house. I don't know the circumstances about people hid his area.
Speaker 4: Is curious that there was the same it's the same famous house at Arlington, you know, I guess it's I'm.
Speaker 2: I am sure, Laretta. If you want it is, and I'm creating a word researchable, you can research it.
Speaker 3: That's right. That was it was, It was. It wasn't well what we call Arlington now, it was known as Monotony then, right. That's really where most of the fighting happened after Lexington then conquered, when the Colonials chased the British down to there, and so the British were desperate and trying to find things to do when they were breaking into.
Speaker 4: Houses, well they were mad. Yes, they were being shot at all the way back, you know, and they know they they killed. They went to Lexington to Monroe Tavern, and the tinkeeper of that tavern, John Monroe, left to Partuco to protect John Hancock. And he went off to protect John Hancock, and he wasn't there and they came in to be you know, treat their wounded and so forth. And yeah, there was a lot of anger obviously because they were.
Speaker 2: Your history and it's a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: I'm not that I'm not agree with names, let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: Okay. Well, I hope we were able to help you a wee bit.
Speaker 4: I was enjoyed listening to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I love history. I love history. The other thing that's been annoying is that the who runs the the elections was his title. He's a very nice man does the election the secretary of the Secretary of State or whatever, Master William Gavin. Yeah, he's been doing these ads repeatedly about how the family and Lincoln family with the old North Church in the lantern that pa used. And it's annoying to me because I know there was several rides, several riders besides Paul, there are many.
Speaker 2: There were they were almost like, yeah, almost two dozen, and it was it was a gentleman by the name of Robert Newton, like the fake Newton Newman. I thought it was Newton. Bobby Newton, Yeah, Newman, Bobby Newman. Who Newman? He was the guy deciding which lamp. Should I like one or two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got some information that that the British were going to row from Charles River to Cambridge. That was there was there was Longfellow who used that language.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ironically it was one hundred years later that Longfellow wrote that poem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well ninety ninety years later during the Civil War.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there was was Jaws was one of them. And then there was.
Speaker 2: Doctor Samuel Prescott. And are the ones that get mentioned. That's right. There are a lot of other people that did part of the of course, so to speak.
Speaker 3: A number of them were physicians because they would have had an excuse to be out at night and they would have known the root in the dark.
Speaker 4: Well, well, yeah, one of them was a doctor or something.
Speaker 2: Well, several of them with doctors, because it was a doctor.
Speaker 3: It was doctor Joseph Warren who organized that, who organized that part of the.
Speaker 2: Night, and doctor Samuel Prescott.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Paul Revere didn't make it till Lexington U till later on when he went back to get John Hancock some stash.
Speaker 1: That he had.
Speaker 3: Well, Revere's real business that night was his was not so much a warning of calling out the the minutemen as it were, the civilian militia.
Speaker 2: That was the job of the others.
Speaker 3: His job was really to go and move Sam and John from one safe house to another where they were hiding out because they were hiding out there because they knew they were going to get arrested. They were going to be arrested for treason, so they were hiding out in and they had to move from one place to another. And so his real job was to go out there. But he got, he got he got stopped around right around what we would call Route two way today and uh and had to walk several miles too long to this to the first safe house where they were right.
Speaker 4: No, there's a lot of I mean, it's very interesting. I think very interesting. So thank you guys for talking about it. Well, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: All right, good night by Did you ever get your word in edgeworth?
Speaker 3: I never got my word in edgeways. I don't even know what I was talking about. But I think you know.
Speaker 2: All right now, if I'm not missed, if I'm not mistaken, you have a story or two left. Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, there's always there's always, I mean, there's there's there's tons of stuff to talk about people don't realize that in one burying ground on Tremont Street, there are three signers of the Declaration of Independence?
Speaker 2: Is that one? Mother gooses Bury Yep.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, yep, John Adams, uh, John Sam Adams, John Hancock and Robert treat Payne. They're all buried in a granary burying ground up there on up on Tremont Street, right by the big clock, right by the big clock, the big Oh, yes, the big clock.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, you look up and there is the clock that's right. That's right, yep.
Speaker 3: But pings that are like eleven fifty seven every day, you know. There you go and yeah, So the three of them are there, and that's well actually, and it's believed that that John Hancock's body was stolen. He's got the big headstone in the back because he's the wealthiest man in all the colonies in those days, right, and so he's got the big headstone in the back, and it's believed that his body isn't there.
Speaker 2: And no one has checked. They's got so much electronic do dads nowadays? They can I'm sure, just go over the ground and be able to see through six feet down and the casket if there are bones in it, Yeah, well would be a lead casket.
Speaker 3: His was a lead casket, and so you wouldn't be able to get X rays through that. Can't see through through through lead a superman, that's right. And so there's been so much there's been so much work going on underneath that and in around that area. The truth in life is that most of the graves are empty at this point. Any bones that have been found because people were just wrapped in shrouds or at best put in a pine box. Unless you had a lot of money, then you were putting a lead box. But you know, most of the bones had disintegrated. Any bones they found are in an ostuary in the back of the thing there and most most of the headstones have been moved around to accommodate lawnmowers.
Speaker 2: Believe it not, it's absolutely true. The things that you know. When we come back, tell you what I'll have like ten eight minutes left. I want you to tell why history was so attractive to you because it had to be. I know, you know a lot of stuff because of your job, but elementary school, junior high, high school, that's where you had to get your head filled with all the facts that are in there, absolutely all right. Time eleven forty five, temperature sixty nine degrees with Dan Ray on wb Boston's news radio and Jack. Somebody called in and Nancy verified this on her handheld that it was Fort Mick Henry because that was the original name of the star Spangled Banner Defiance at Fort Mick Henry. Okay, so we've covered that, and there's a caller calling in from Napa Valley in California. Sky, thank you for calling in. You're calling in at the end of the evening, but we give everybody who calls a chance to be heard.
Speaker 1: Hello.
Speaker 5: Sky, It's lovely to thank you for getting my call and receive my call. Thank you, Okay, Okay, anyway, so we were talking about maybe July fourth favorite memories, Yes, okay. So by the way, Jack is also lovely to hear your voice, so I hear you every night. Yes. Anyway. So I'm just gonna say this. It might not be a bottom globe kind of like a news headline kind of thing, but it's kind of like the back four kind of page. Anyway. I used I used to be a cup Scout leader and then my German shepherd dog Gingerbread. I put a red, white and blue banner on her neck, not on her neck, on her collar, should I say, politely? And we would do the July the fourth parade every day and she would just walk with the Boy Scouts, the Cup Scouts, the Girl Scouts and everything. And that is my July the fourth favorite memory.
Speaker 2: What a lovely story. And how long did Ginger live?
Speaker 5: She lived to be quite only eighteen years.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of years. And that is if shepherds don't get hip displacire, which claims early on.
Speaker 5: You're totally right, and I, Paul is interrupting, You are totally right. She did get hip dysplacure. When I got into my my expedition, I had to pick her up by her hind quarters and put her in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did get hypd diasplacia.
Speaker 2: And that attacks shepherds more than any of the breed. Really. But if your shepherd can avoid being claimed by hip displacier, they can live into their early twenties. Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, health a healthy dog, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I used to own shepherds, and my developed tip displacier when he was about eight and my female they were sister brother. My female developed uh leukemia when she was around eight, so I lost them both within a couple of months of each other. Oh my, how broke my heart? They were my children?
Speaker 5: Oh boy, for sure, definitely. I totally emphathize with you with the problems Gray.
Speaker 2: How do you hear? Are you hearing us on the radio or computer or what?
Speaker 5: I am actually using you on my If I say the word, it's gonna cut me up. But a L e x A. You know what that means? Alexa right, But if I say it, it's gonna ask me.
Speaker 2: You can't say yeah right right?
Speaker 5: Oh, and then you know what, I'm gonna have to say this out because I don't know the gentleman, but I'm gonna have to shout him out right now. And i'd like to connect with him. I'm Sky, as you know from NAP. I just moved from Canton, Mass Juesus last month. Okay, but Glenn, I want to say hi to Glenn.
Speaker 1: I'm blind too, Oh.
Speaker 2: A match made in heaven.
Speaker 5: Not necessarily, but I just want to let him know that I'm blind and we all love your show big time.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that, Sky, And I'm just filling in. This is nightside.
Speaker 5: If I know, I know exactly what it is, because if damn we're not.
Speaker 2: On vacation, he'd be here right now.
Speaker 5: Sure, well, right right, I know, yes.
Speaker 2: And and Sky. I'm not going to ask you your age, because you never ask a woman her age. But from what you know about Glenn, is he within the age you like your men to be.
Speaker 5: I don't really know. It's okay, that's kind of you know WHOA bloody hell. That's why works up here because I'm in the Napa Valley, So it's three hours prior to you guys, So it's.
Speaker 2: Nine o'clock out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, correct, correct. Anyway, just put a shout out to Glenn. I'm another blind person that loves you, guys, and be blessed. Thank you so much for filling in for Dan Ray and everyone else.
Speaker 2: Skott, thank you very much for that statement. Thank you you, take care and enjoy the end of July fourth for you.
Speaker 5: Too, Be blessed. Oh but by the way, being British, does it really matter? Not really right, you're throwing the tea bags in the in the in the river, in the Charleston River. Yeah, all right, be blessed.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye bye, bye bye.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't understand that, you know, we don't. Women don't like to tell their true wage. Here's the thing. You get someone who says she's fifty years old, but she wants to say she's thirty five, but you know what, she looks like she's fifty seven, So you know, wouldn't it be better to say that she was thirty five to say that she was fifty and and people would say, oh, you look pretty good for fifty thirty five.
Speaker 2: We've got the example of Jack Benny who said he was thirty nine years old for forty five years. He said that that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: But you know, but but you know, he's but that's like he's like a like a man, like a man. An age age is differently. But you know, a woman who lies about her age and says that she's younger than she is, wouldn't you say you were older? Like sometimes I like to tell people I'm seventy two when people say, oh my god, you look great.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be seventy two in September.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go, and you look like you and you look like you're sixty three. Oh shuck, but but, and especially on radio. But but you know the but that I never understood. Why do people want to say that they're younger than they are when they don't look like you know that, you know they don't.
Speaker 2: Look like that? Thirty? All right now, Unfortunately I don't have time for you to do what I asked you to do because of Sky's phone call. Because I want you to tell people what about history? Beckoned you? But it don't have to wait till the next time I'm with you. Absolutely, I like stories. Lets you say that I like stories. Isn't that a cut that people play on the radio from Homer? I like stories. I like stories. Jack, thank you for spending two hours with me. I appreciate it. You know that, all right? And you take care you do? I yes, you were Bye bye. I also want to say thank you to Bill and Bo Winnaker. They were here from eight until ten. Jack was here from ten until midnight. Sean filled in for Rob Brooks tonight, and Sean answered all your phone calls tonight. I hope you will kind to him on the phone. Thank you to Nancy, Thank you to Gray and you nights. I call it so the past two nights you were tremendous to me, with me, for me, I appreciate all of you, whether you called in, whether you just listened or did a combination of the two. I appreciate every single one of you. I'm on tomorrow or my show or my show will be on tomorrow nine to midnight, and then I change ten to midnight the following week until further notice, and that's basically about it. So let me look at the time, and let me look at the temperature. The time and temperature. Before I say those two words, I always say. Eleven fifty eight sixty nine degrees by Boston