Speaker 1: My god. You know, hey, hey baby, I'll just real with you. Yeah, he on a on a serious note. I hate already start the show on a serious note before we do our question of the week and we wait for the family to come on in. You know what I mean, our condolences to the victims, uh, the New Orleans attack that took place New Year's Eve or New Year's Day. Definitely want to extend our well wishes, our love uh to everybody affected by that. An absolute travesty and tragedy. People you know, celebrating the New Year and then for something like this to happen, you know, I mean we here, we want to extend our love to everybody affected by that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, man, that was rough.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know anything happened till the next day when I will come. Yeah, it's crazy. Yeah, it was unfortunate, Cadelos to everybody involved. That is an outrageous man, Brother d Mac.
Speaker 1: That what's up?
Speaker 2: Hey, coch Spird is good?
Speaker 1: Insane ship Yeah yeah yeah, we love live, Yeah, we live.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Back me in Scotland aren't feeling a hundred percent, so we're not trying to be here all night so so that's all damn.
Speaker 1: Me. Like personally, I'm just sleepy, like i've been. I've been like actually working this weekend. So I've been in this building since seven fifty five and I don't want to. I don't want to look at these walls no more. These walls are ugly.
Speaker 2: I been sick a week.
Speaker 4: I've been. I've been. I've been on the same vibe, bro, I've been exhausted. I've been in weddings, I've been in birthday parties. I've been in everything you can imagine. Right, hold up, no Diddy, but uh.
Speaker 1: Put it like that.
Speaker 2: Put it like this.
Speaker 1: Chez Chezz already told me he's not coming. Yeah, he said he's Berts. You know. The model here is mets over everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's so crazy. But I did the most research I ever did you know what I'm saying. I was in the chat with you all last night watching New Japan all type of ship, but I get it because half of the matches I still don't know. I wanted to and I gotta show the chap Oh ship. Next thing you know, they both raising each other hand and then motherfucking I'm like, god damn, and.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get to it, man, because there was a lot of great things on that card. But the question of the week, the question of the week. So I've been listening to a lot of jazz music this past week, like that old old timey jazz. Oh snip, we got the good brother Forenzo here, let's let's bringing in real quick, my guy.
Speaker 2: Whatever that is waiting?
Speaker 4: Oh damn, come on now we can't hear you bro hey now.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, So as as Lorenzo was getting his mic together, I think you're good, yes, sir, yes, sir. So the question of the week. Like I said, I've been listening to a lot of jazz music this week, you know what I mean, Coltrane, Dizzy, Felonious Bird, all that. My question to you, gentlemen, are or is if you were a jazz musician in the nineteen fifties, what would be your jazz nickname and what instrument would you play? So I'll go I'll go first. I'll go first, you know, I'll give you time to think. My nickname would be Scotty four Eyes. I like it, yeah, and I'd be on the drums, you know what I mean, Because I got twenty twenty vision on the drums and twenty twenty visions on the percussion, so hence the name Scotti four Eyes. I'd probably be an intense drug addict, you know what I mean, probably probably called the day around Like I would look like I'm in my fifties, but i'd probably be like twenty three.
Speaker 2: So I'll oh, I was gonna give you twenty seven, brother.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, man, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Give you twenty seven. I was like, you're making to the twenty seventh club a white lighter and ship.
Speaker 5: You know what's crazy. I was gonna play drums. I definitely was gonna say drums. But and that's what that's that's that's that's an excellent one system. So you know how like in today's like hip hop landscape, we get a lot of people that have, like, for instance, like twenty one Savage right or NBA Young Boy right, these things in their name right that like indicates where they come from. Like twenty one means something, you know what I mean down in Georgia, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's that's what.
Speaker 5: That's a reference to a certain neighborhood. But I would keep a simple I think I would play the clarinet, and that would be a part of Blue Note Records as just simply Blue Note Low.
Speaker 1: That's fire, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, something simple.
Speaker 2: I ain't mad at you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take inspiration from the Simpsons and I'm gonna be bleeding gums rally that's what I would be.
Speaker 2: And I would play the saxophone.
Speaker 1: Lead singer.
Speaker 2: Right, wait, that's not bad thing.
Speaker 1: I take it.
Speaker 4: Well since low to least singer and scatting. You know what I'm saying. I don't play the saxon. I ain't gonna. I actually played the alto saxophone in high school. Well not in high school. And what in Louisiana. You gotta know how to play some sort of instrument, bro, You gotta know how to play some sort of instrument, because we have something called the second line. And if you ain't part of the second line, you dancing, and I got two little feet like I could hit my little move. Actually, I'm gonna introduce this to the part I gotta dance that y'all need to learn. It's called the Tartan dance. And it's easy. Get your hands like this, go left right, you know what I'm saying. It's the Tardy dance. So everybody, you're gonna see. Y'all gonna see it soon, real soon. I ain't gonna put it too much, you know what I mean, But y'all gonna see the Tarti dance real soon.
Speaker 2: That's that's not the hairn.
Speaker 5: I was just about to say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for the day. It's going nation ride right now. You know, everybody man doing, especially in Savannah. Shout out to my nine one two, my Chattel Mike, my Chattel Moors. You know what I'm saying. But it'll probably be uh tardy Matt tro you know what I'm saying. Come on, come on, yeah, move like that. But yeah, brother, the alto saxophone, man, I had to play that. We had I had to. I had a little solo the dance. I mean, the band director when he's seen a little crowd at the at the parades, he'll make a stop. We have to play back that thing up. We're like, fine, fine, that's my little that was my time. That's my claim to fame because I was the littlest one, the smallest one, so they used to let me get my little shine on with the saxophone when he came down to the bridges. Uh, back that ass up.
Speaker 5: So you got the pop?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, bro, on my way back to the projects.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: My shoulders hurting. Bro, I'm talking about when you did that.
Speaker 1: You did that? You did that? Boy, you did that right there, you did that.
Speaker 4: You know that city projects.
Speaker 6: Man, Let's go in and hit the intro and get started with the show, real trap ship.
Speaker 4: This is the peak of professional l rust like I lot.
Speaker 7: It once a kin gets too ned, then to the BG up, put.
Speaker 2: It up, hit the subscribe.
Speaker 1: But in this hover cup to be.
Speaker 2: Back up soon.
Speaker 7: The Scottie beans cad of a noble conversation Sir, with the side of Kyla Greens No love, the biggest heel in the photo. D Mac and chash Shoo can hauled from the logo and north the top Road. Starting that going from a locker room in Philly. They got low black guy j up, No better up?
Speaker 2: Yeah come wolf Pack, No better up?
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Sundays Nace main event and we live with it. And this is wheree is a log.
Speaker 1: Got some perfect shoes on. It's never iron.
Speaker 2: The shirt is Who's far the shitty Star and the te whe there and.
Speaker 3: Excuse me for this week, but I got you for what I got And welcome everyone to V one hundred and eighty eight volume of The Black Guy Wrestling Podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, nothing but nothing but sickness and sleeping is going around in this mug.
Speaker 2: Hey ya shout out to social distancing and ship.
Speaker 1: Do people still do that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Man? The other day, man, somebody was like right behind me, and I'm very much now at a point where like I tell people like, hey, oh back up, like, give me some room, give me some breathe breathing space. Why are you just close and there's only two of us in the store.
Speaker 4: I don't get it. That's crazy, you said, Man, I'm the one that's one that's gonna be hooked on drugs.
Speaker 2: No, all of us are hooked on drugs. You're the way God drugs.
Speaker 1: Cool you to put you. Curtis Mayfield, Yeah, pushing man.
Speaker 4: On your daddy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was the first trap song, so for real.
Speaker 1: Maxt though that nigga spit the greatest soul trye performance of all time?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Absolutely Coming in first, it is Scott the Rock Scotty four Us the Poetic Scotland Underwood excellent.
Speaker 3: Coming in second. It's your boy, uh solo. I'm kind of low at the moment. No low grade.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 4: Coming in third with the last word almost the boy the party. You know what I'm saying. Just all you get started going there like as in real flat, I mean fat wings, all flat. The one that got this shades trying to get laid, that's also trying to get paid. Shit d mac, motherfucking target.
Speaker 1: Heyserve.
Speaker 5: I'm coming in fourth in the fifth chair of BGW pot you already know who it is, man aj styles Uji low Ngo, Bernopoly de Hapoon, all of those things. I'm a little sleepy as you can see, big, big, big weekend of wrestling. Love my brother say today, Love the family, Love the audience. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Everybody? They bro We are going to try to knock this joint out in an hour and a half. If we could even do it in one, If we can do it under seventy minutes, that be even better. I'm ready to go to bed. I am tired about that time. Yeah, man, so let's not even let's not even waste no time. Let's first some house business to attend to.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: First, Happy New Years to y'all brothers. Man, you know what I mean? Yeah, how's the new year? The new year so far? Training? You know though, I know that you have been sick this past week, so your New Year's has already started off terrible.
Speaker 2: Yester that you are correct.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was nice. It's been nice to sit at my crib and watch TV all the time. That's pretty much what I've been doing.
Speaker 2: Reading, watching graps mm hmmm yeah, Man, kick a play.
Speaker 1: D Mac. How's your New Year's been so far? Broke?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Man, I was in one of my best friend's weddings on New Year's Eve, leaning up for the New Years. So it was a beautiful moment. Man, he married his childhood friend, you know what I mean. So shout out to them, man, shout out to my dog BT and Corvette. You know that fast ass car. You know that's what I used to call You know, I still call it that to this day. You know what I'm saying. It was a beautiful moment down at Making Georgia, bro That's where I was at to bring in the New Year's and you know what I'm saying. It was good vibe seeing all my college buddies and everybody everybody. So it was a good it was a good vibe. Man.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. It's love. Man, Lorenzo, how was how's your New Year's been starring you off, bro?
Speaker 5: That's been great. I really think that. You know, for one, I think that the Tardi Awards was kind of like for me the start of like the New year thing. You know, we was, we was dapper. You know, we was in our own space where we you know, we was talking our ship. We was reviewing the year. So that was very reflective and a part of that. But my big sister, one of my heart's in life, her birthday is actually on New Year's Eve. Her birthday is a December thirty first. Every year we gather with her and bringing the new year with her, you know what I mean, on her birthday into the new year. So, you know, seeing all the family, seeing everybody from the old neighborhood, you know how that could be. So it's a little beautiful time, man. And with the new you know, with the new parts of the family, my sister's kids, her friends kids and things like that. So to see all the kids grow up like the newer generation and kind of be you know, chilling with us. On the New Year. You know what I mean, It's just it's violid of a lot for me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's love.
Speaker 1: That's that's all I love to hear.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: My New Year started out smooth, you know what I mean. Had a little bit of a scare on Friday. Moms went back to the hospital. But she's good now, you know what I mean, just a little blood transfusion. But it was funny because like she went to the hospital in the afternoon on Friday. She they kept her overnight and then I saw her the next day and like she was just like she very much just acted like nothing happened. She was just like oh hey, Like you know, I was like, whoa who Like what happened? She was like, Oh, I don't worry about it. I was like, no, we need to talk about this. But she's good, she's held you know what I mean. She's at the crib, chilling, already, been yelling at people, you know what I mean. So we back up on that. Yeah, we backed up at the normal baby. Yeah, you know what I mean, sturing the sturing the ear off the way it should be. But like I said, we got some graps that we need to talk about first things first. I do want to make mention this past week we did lose a trail blazer in the space of professional wrestling, Sweet Daddy Siki. Of Sweet Daddy Siki for those that don't know, Sweet Daddy Siki is an absolute pioneer of the game, man, you know what I mean? Like, you know, I feel like when it comes to the history of black professional wrestling and we talk about the trail blazers and we talk about the innovators, Like I said, sweet Daddy Siki's on the first, if not the first, like as you see, like he got like his game from Gorgeous George. The blonde hair. The reason why you would see a lot of brothers with the blonde hair in wrestling, such as Butch Red, Shelton, Benjamin, it came from Sweet Daddy Siki, you know what I mean, Sweet Daddy Seiki. He you know, got to start in the Texas region, very deep deep in the racism, you know what I mean. Like he was married to a white woman, had a nw A world title match that the Klan was ringside for and they actually protested right then and there, and the referee was like, yo, you're like, we need your safety, we need you to be good, and they pretty much threw the match out. But he went up to Canada. He you know, I mean, migrated up to Canada and had this fulf career maple Leaf wrestling. He was a staple in Stampede for Stu Hart. Brett Hart and his book spoke wonderful things about Sweet Daddy Siki. A lot of people spoken a lot of great things about him. He has actually had a hand in training both Edge and Christian in their careers. In fact, if you believe it was twenty twelve, if I'm not mistaken, Edge had like a ceremony in Toronto and he brought out Sweet Daddy Siki, which I always thought was just so dope and if you've never seen the documentary on him, absolutely tremendous. Like this guy has sold records in that up until his passing, nobody knew his real name. Everybody thought his name was Regional Siki, which is the name of a wrestler from the nineteen thirties. He just he'd liked the sound of the name and he took it. But you know what I mean, an absolute pioneer definitely would feel right to start the show without acknowledging them. Draw what's up that you broke? Good to see if my man brother. I don't know if you gentlemen know anything about Sweet Daddy Seeker, if there's anything you want to add to that, but just I figured we got to pay homage to to an incredible icon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if I could add something, I think that was a beautiful just you know overview and just you know, quick obituary on one Sweet Daddy Seek, if I if I may, you know, we've seen a lot coming up in wrestling of like the flamboyant types, right, and even just speaking about like Edging Christian, you know kind of I'm thinking about like their whole like remember that whole like reeking with awesomeness type thing, and how like you know, they were kind of like you know, like the on camera guys like remind you certain things about like what you see with like pretty Deadly today or like a you know, male maximum models. And we even going back to certain certain folks. I think of a guy that was in n XT not too long ago who had, uh, you know, some some bad situations before him. I just want to I don't want to say his name bout my highlight him. I'm showing Michael's like you know, for me, I think that influence definitely starts here in professional wrestling, you know, just just like the flamboyant lineage right in the flashy lineage and pro wrestling. I think he's very responsible for it. But definitely I just want to definitely add that real quick.
Speaker 1: No, that's facts, man, that's facts. Mac. Uh. Oh, you know what, I will actually shoot the link if you follow us on Twitter, BGW pod, I will throw the link on. If I'm not mistaken it's on YouTube. I believe it is. I'm pretty sure you're type in sweet Daddy siki on YouTube. It will pop up. But if not, we'll throw it on the the the timeline and that way people can have it. But Nolo, Mac, is anything you want to add to, uh, to the legacy of sweet Daddy seeking.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say r I P Man. I ain't really too familiar with brother, but uh, you know what I'm saying. It seemed like he was a cool brother man.
Speaker 1: So r IP.
Speaker 3: I will also of my RP and condolences to his family. So everything that I know about the brother, uh you have you two brothers have said beautifully, because I remember when we would do like the like black Wrestlers, like each day for for like history month, and you gave me his name, and I kept finding the old one, the dude that he took the name from, and I was saying, I'm like, Yo, Doug, who is this other guy? I was like, Yo, who's the other one? Who's the flashy dude that I keep seeing? But looks nothing like the other guy that I keep seeing from like the thirties. But now, man, everything I've seen of the of the man looked like he was bigger than life, and he definitely looked like he lived a long and crazy ass life.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: Before we we go on to Wressell Kingdom and Russell Dynasty, just a quick worry about Swee Daddy Seki that I actually just found out that I thought it was quite hilarious. So, like I said, he had a hand in training Edge and Christian and there was another gentleman that helped trade him, Ron Hutchinson. But apparently there was a falling out between Ron Hutchison and Sweet Daddy Siki. But Ron Hutchinson never knew the reason why Sweet Daddy Seki like stopped talking to him. So at the Edge Tribute showed that they did in w W, Sweet Daddy Seki was there. Ron Hutchinson was there and they were like, Ron Hudgson went up to Sweet Daddy Seki and he was like, hey, like it's been some years, like like what happened? And they were like, Sweet Daddy just looked at him. It was like no, it just walked away.
Speaker 2: And that's man a few words. If he ain't funk with you, he ain't got done.
Speaker 1: Keep it moving. But gentlemen, we moved to Russell Kingdom in Russell Dynasty. Now, it should be noted on BGW previously, in the early iterations of our we used to cover New Japan all the time. There was frequent BGW title defenses. We would constantly put Dmag through the wringer and have him defend his title on random house shows in New Japan. I think we stopped when Evil became the IWGP champion and I was justified. Yeah, okay, first, but this weekend was very important. Like I said, it's Russell Kingdom. Then you had Wreussell Dynasty the next night. Overall, first, what did you think of the card or I guess I should say, were your expectations. It felt like Russell Kingdom this year was just like didn't have the same like pizzazz as like previous years. So did it live up to y'all's expectations?
Speaker 2: We're talking about a kingdom.
Speaker 3: Just making sure Wressell Kingdom sadly Wrestle Kingdom. I enjoyed the show, It's just that. But when you had when the most anticipated thing of the weekend is after it and a whole other show in the same building, it's kind of hard to like live up to it.
Speaker 2: Like it's not like how recipating there is.
Speaker 3: When it used to be like two nights, you'd be like, oh, okay, we got night one, Night two you have Russell Kingdom, and then you had something totally different after it that is going to overshadow it, that has four different brands sending the people into it, And I don't like Restle Kingdom has its Uh let's people complaining about it for different reasons. But hey, I mean it wasn't worst show. I mean it was the it was like it was the of the two nights. It was the second one. But that's okay, It's fine.
Speaker 1: M h.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would agree. I definitely would agree with that sentiment. I mean Kingdom for one, I think UH has gotten a certain UH reputation lately. Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, Jared. I think that like nowadays, right when you don't necessarily have the Ocada's and the omegas like on a Russell Kingdom card, right, like people start to think back to the tens, the elevens, the twelves, the thirteen's, and yeah, I think I think people's expectations for this one, Like I think everybody definitely was in the spirit to anticipate, not not necessarily like too, but Russell Dynasty as like the better show, right because of who you saw on that card, the returns, and even for me, like I think that not to not to get into Dynasty too much before we get there, but seeing certain faces, seeing certain interests on Russell Dynasty made the weekend overall feel more complete, if that makes sense. But talk about the first card for sure.
Speaker 1: D MAC. As somebody that does not frequently watch New Japan, you know you you thugged it out and watched Wait you watch did you watch Russell Dynasty? Did you watch Wressell Kingdom which was on yesterday? Nasty?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ain't get a chance to watch Wrestle Kingdom, but I watched Russell Dynasty, and I'll say the I think it was too When I say it was too spaced out, like I'm not talking about the matches, because the matches was coming like they have, they have a good they got a good tempo of pushing out matches like back to back to back to back. But far as like the crowd was, to me, it was two spaced out, and I think that kind of gave, you know, the lackluster appeal to the production of the show. But far as the matches go, I think it was you know it, it did it justice for like a wrestling fan, I can't really I can't really judge as far as the other ones because to be honest, that was my first time watching.
Speaker 1: So no, I get you, No, I get you. I think Russell Kingdom, like I said, I haven't finished Russell Kingdom. I stopped right before because people kept interrupting me while I was at work, So I stopped at the Kenoski to Ketscha Shingo match. So anything after that or anything beyond that, I did not see. But like kind of talking about with low and like the key thing that I paid attention to was the new Japan Rambow, and I was seeing like, you know, go go. He won the match, but they had Ishi you know what I mean, Na gotta oga bolting, you know what I mean? Like it had a lot of like people that I would be like, damn. They probably could have used this on Wreussell Kingdom. And then you know, obviously the big thing, you know, the man brought it up is the main event was the big thing, the big thing, right.
Speaker 2: That man let Ty to Hoshi down.
Speaker 1: Bro, look at this nigga's face. Man, he was sick. So the main event, you know, for those that don't know, was Shoto Umino challenging for the i w GP World title Zach Saber Junior. And I've seen two camp to this, right. Either the match was extremely disappointing or it wasn't as bad as people made it out made it out to be. I have not seen the match, so I can't comment on it. My anger in this entire thing came. I'm not I'm not gonna say who said it, but there was folks on Twitter slandering Zach Saber Junior, and I just thought that was insane. Bros.
Speaker 2: Bro, he's not the one that slander.
Speaker 1: Zach. Let me tell you something. Let me tell you something, all right, showedo Umano. You can tell just don't have that dog in him. He never had it. He never had it when he was a young lion. He didn't laugh it when he was laying dealt with mocks. He didn't be even when he looked like Tana Hashi and it looked like there was potential. You didn't have that dog in you. Now you just look ridiculous with your ear level haircut and the black ass tights, like you don't look like a world champion. You look stupid. You just don't have heart in you dog. And that is one hundred percent New Japan's fault for throwing him in there. It's like it's like New Japan was like, we're gonna watch this nigga fumble. Let's watch it all together.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 1: It was such nasty word, yo.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: That was a good You could probably count like a good four to five world champion looking people on that show. And it's definitely well showed up.
Speaker 1: Oh bro, here was one of them.
Speaker 5: My son, my son, he come through the Tokyo Dome like you know, dripping every time, because you know this is not this is not a New Japan darling right here, this is DDE t pro you dig what I'm saying. And now he's also in aw see it on the screen like you can't tell this man nothing man? And I think right now you know the story leading up to this, right, the new generation of New Japan. Who gonna take the rings next? Who gonna take the will from here?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: And it's interesting all of these conversations about Zach the first foreign to walk in and out as champion, the new front man, all of this goofy shit, and throughout the lead up to this match, it really was about like like like Shooter basically tried to make it seem like he was the one, like I'm you know this, this this is me right, Like you know, the proof is in the putting, you know what I mean? Like we we he has a Japanese name, he is Japanese, like you know, all of that shit, all of the tutelitch he supposedly had received from guys like Ace and uh I guess one John Moxley, and we probably gonna spend that block at uh At at Forbidden Door in London you do know what I'm saying. I don't know, we're gonna see because the Claudio shit getting into you know, Russell Dynasty is interesting as well, you probably get into at some point. But denied this guy, you know, I like him, I get it, but like it's it's Zach Saber Junior. And I think a lot of times when we look at like the conversation that's on the timeline, I think a lot of people a lot of times don't know what they're like consuming when they're watching like a new Japan product. So I just chalked it up to that as far as all of the Zach shit. But I thought it was a pretty interesting story leading up to it. But like shooting out the one Yoda Suji, you know what I mean, Like, you know, you could look at him, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I think somebody like him has lapped somebody like a Sonata who is like nowhere to be found, you know what I'm saying, Like and everything that they were trying to put on Sonata at that time to be like this new generation guy for the Lion. So you know, it's we're in an interesting time right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: But yeah, people just need to understand what they're watching.
Speaker 2: Was on the pre show.
Speaker 1: Ye he was in the rambo. That was that was crazy. Sonata was in the rambo. You know what I mean? Like they could have what they could have done is they still could have had Zach Saber Junior and uh Sonata at request and they still could have ran the rematch back at Russell Kingdom. Right, And to go back to your point about like the timeline, these are the people that were slander in Sax Saber Junior. These are the people that claim they love the real in professional wrestling, you know what I mean, Like they all about the graps, but you slander her in Sax Saber Junior. Now will I say this was he dealt a bad hand this weekend? Absolutely? It was one thing to not have a good dancing partner with Shoto Umino, but to go into Russell Dynasty and you have to main event after the match that was before it in Kenny Omega and Game Kid once again, Gato was like, I'm about to watch all these niggas fumble.
Speaker 2: Gato loves watching this. People failed up.
Speaker 1: You've been doing it tonight O for years.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, man, Russell Kingdom twelve, Like what I mean, come on, man is wicked.
Speaker 1: Man. If you know what like outside of that Russell Kingdome, you know what I mean? It looked like a good show. But clearly that is not what people were. That wasn't the talk of the game. Russell Dynasty was, so that should should we just go ahead and start with with the match? Yeah? Man, come on, come on, come on, set this something real quick before you please.
Speaker 3: First of all, we was all most of us was in the group chat watching the bats happened then excellent time, but I knew, I knew our boys Scotland had to go to work the next morning, and I knew he would watch it the next morning. So I was eagerly awaiting him to watch it, and he was making it through the card and I was like, do I need this nigga to hurry up? Like, I'm like, there's only like I was like, don't get me wrong, Russell Dynasty was great, but there's only like two or three of these matches you really need to watch before you get to fucking Kenny and uh, gay kid. He finally gets to it, and this nigga is sending me nothing but estimation points and capitalized letter it's the entire match, and you can only imagine why these did you see how our man Kenny was out here looking like he didn't miss a fucking week of wrestling. Not one was just out here do a depth tofire, jumped over the ropes, into the into the ant people with no regard for his body.
Speaker 4: Kung Fu Kenny, kung fu fucking Kenny man.
Speaker 3: All I have to say is like shout out to Heartbreak Julio because when he was basically like he's like, yo, he's Jordan Doug and I was like, right, I can't even I can't even deny it.
Speaker 5: I can't say more than Phil that's crazy and that's from the Olma Net.
Speaker 3: Like it's crazy, bro, This man Kenny took over a year and a half, an over year change out of the ring and really showed out and shout out the gay Kid too, because Gay Kid was an excellent partner in this that the story leading up to it, the way like the crowd was booy Kitty this match, and then he's just feeding off that ship like a fucking super villain, beating the ship out of gay Kid.
Speaker 4: He was big shipped to the riff. Everybody dog the Pasgeant Tree that even had like when he because I had to ask y'all, like what does that mean? When he had took off his you know, his sweatpants, and they made like a bit, they made it a big thing to his shorts showing that you know, yeah, bro, I only knew Japan, Like who the fuck this nigga is? You know what I'm saying, Like who is him? You know what I mean? I'm here and y'all showing look all right, fuck all y'all, And I was riding with him. I ain't gonna lie to y'all like I fuck my dog. Don't get me wrong, Omega is my nigga. But the way, you know, he was like, look, bro, it's on my shorts, like it's right here. Usually I had I had to got to educate me on that. Usually he have like the bullet Club, you know, symbols on both sides, but he had he had it on one, highlighting the fact that you know, he's a strong state, he's a he's you know, he's a major fixture in New Japan. And y'all still riding with this nigga always hit the mace like who is this nigga? So like I was like, all right, I I fuck with kids, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: With the Kid, man, I will tell you right now, he is not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Going nowhere.
Speaker 4: I don't know, Bro smack Down three hours.
Speaker 2: Put it.
Speaker 1: Put it like this, man, you gotta like for those that remember, like it was only just a few years ago, like Gabe Kid had to step away from wrestling because of how bad his depression and like what was happening to him at the time, Like he had to step away. But I've never seen I've seen people like like they're committed to the promotion that they're in. Gabe Kid is very much one of those guys, Like I genuine believe when he says like fuck wwe fuck aw, I genuine believe he means it, you know what I mean. I don't think there's any amount of dollar at this moment. Maybe later on, but right now to where he's like, I like, I'm going to leave New Japan. Like the the the New Japan logo on the shorts was a statement in itself of his decoration to New Japan. Actually, the trunks he was wearing was actually inspired by Alex Coglan, who's his best friend, you know, what I mean. And Coglin hadn't retired last year, you know what I mean, So that was also a tribute to him. But Gabe Kid became a made man in my eyes. He became the babyface that New Japan needs, you know what I mean, Julio, you know, shout out to heartbreak, Julio. But like the comparisons to this match being Bretton Austin and the parallels as you watch it, you know what I mean, Like the Canadian who's lotted as the best in the world against the outspoken young gunn who's once the the you know, the head of the the head of the throne. It was just beautiful storytelling, you know what I mean. The fact that I was telling Nobo. You gotta remember Kenny Omega had diverticulitis, you know what I mean, Like that's no joke, no.
Speaker 2: Testings cut out in the bro But I'm getting it.
Speaker 5: Certain spots has taken place in this match. I'm like, what is he doing? Like that's all I'm thinking about, gentlemen when when when they was when they was handing out receipts, I'm like, we're I'm like, we are going back to eighty three with these guys, Like what is it like, you know what I mean? And I really think that this weekend and all, like you saw a lot in certain matches and this is just the beauty of like New Japan, New Japan wrestling, the way it shot everything about like presentation, and it really don't matter the company it could be now, it could be DDT, we could be watching stardom. Like Japanese wrestling just got a certain essence about it, right, that had that's a little different than like Western uh you know wrestling, right, even different than the wrestling that we see in Mexico. Right, So where I'm going with this is that you had the for me, Like again, Kingdom wasn't what it was, right, but Dynasty really provided that feeling that like the International Wrestling Grand Prix is in a really great place, like with these opportunities to link up with aw linking up with the CMLs of the world, and just giving you know, National Sports Week in Japan just like a whole new feel while providing those little notes of nostalgia, right, Like I just think that a lot of these matches had a lot of like grudging them, you know what I mean, Like it was it really wasn't no friends this weekend, you know what I mean. And I think that like we saw that in this Kenny and Gay match, you know what I mean. Like and for me, certain optics of this match reminded me of another story, right, Kenny and Okada. Not necessarily a direct comparison, as I often say, but just like a few little things that could be a reminder, you know, and shout out and shout out to Hulio again. Man. He had another good point where he was saying, I think in the night before that he no, you know, he said it last night. He said that he really don't see it like that for friendly, and I see it a little bit, but I was like, damn, like that's crazy. But he was like, I just I don't know. I just don't think he's gay or driller, you know what I mean. And I'm looking at I'm looking at Drilla, and I'm looking at Clark at ringside with Gabe and how they're kind of playing like they're basically playing the young Bucks for Gabe, how they were doing with him against Okada, right, And so it was just like it was a lot of just like it was. It was just like a lot of like grudgy type feelings in this for me, where it was like man like I don't know, I think the Lion might be back, and I'm really excited for I don't know. I'm I'm probably gonna try to get over to London. Man, I don't know, but you know, to pull it back a bit like the Gabe and Omega sh it was it was, it was. I haven't seen nothing like that, I think on rest on this weekend, in particular in Japan in a while.
Speaker 1: So like I'm not like I agreed to an extent about Finley, right like, And I don't know if it's just because in my own head, like I have a hard time separate, Like I have a hard time accepting the fact that like that's that's Finley's son, right Like, you know what I mean, Like Dave Finley comes from a lineage, you know what I mean, Like, if I'm not mistaken, he is the the third generation, Yeah, third generation, and you know what I mean, Like your father is like fit Finley, you know what I mean. So like already you have an expectations. I do feel this weekend he proved himself to be a big money player for New Japan and maybe he just typecast wrong, right. I think I do think he needs to separate himself from the war Dogs. And maybe that's a few in itself for the remainder of the year, like Dave Finley versus Gabe Kid, and you know what I mean, Like Clark and Drilla have to you know what I mean, like they picked their sides. I just just saw the rumor that New Japan is interested in Baron Corbin coming up to New Japan, and no, who brought an excellent point? Put him in the war Dogs. You know what I'm saying, perfect hearing in the war Dogs, man. Man, that'd be put the put the put the never never Toddle on them. Man, it'd be gay.
Speaker 5: I'm the last. I'm gonna do this with Julio. One more thing.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Last week's episode, they said they said we should get Barren in the herb business, be the only white boy. I don't know. It's it's so, I don't know. It's interesting to see where he might go. But this conversation is very interesting to me right now. I just have to bring that point up.
Speaker 1: I can see it though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can see that too.
Speaker 1: I think could be barbecuing like crazy, So.
Speaker 3: That should be one of their Like when they have a promo, they do one of their probo videos, that should be he should be just barbecue m v P talking ship, you.
Speaker 1: Know, going crazy, brother, brother Eddie Man, you are never too old to be a war dog out here, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, no, you got to you got talking about one more match in the game.
Speaker 1: Now for real, he ever opened up a restaurant, I would pull up. Then they really be cooking his ass off, you know, you know us talking about Kenny. I kind of want to swing back to a conversation that brother Lorenzo had brought up last week, was it last week? Yeah, about Kenny Omega and we were talking about AJ Styles and the question got asked, did AJ Styles birth Kenny Omega? And I was like, you know, we gotta swing back to that that conversation because there's a conversation that you can't have with that. So the conversation is now like in full effect, is an Omega the greatest of all time? Right? And it's kind of hard to be to argue against it, Like we're talking about somebody who in this generation has influenced so many people. Will Will Lostbury Kyle Fletcher going from the this like the ailments that he's had, you know what I mean that you remember this man was wrestling with a vertigo and wrestling in a hard style and then having the I'm not mistaken, he had the the will Osprey match in Forbidden Door. He had the diet diverticulitis. So, like you, you put those things into a into effect. But then you have, like I said, low had brought up AJ Styles and ad aj birth Kenny Omega, and then that makes you question, like, so where does AJ Styles in his placement, in his influence. So, Lorenzo, since you had brought it up, I know that you in your mind, the brilliant mind that you have, can break this down a little bit more. But what made you? What made that question come up to you? And do you think AJ Styles birth Ken Oma?
Speaker 5: So if we're it was it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: I know, you know, we use a lot of language today in real life making content on the in net on the TL and we're trying to figure out what context are we're applying to that, or if that's the conversation we need to be having, or can we restructure it a bit?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: It was that sounds cool, Like it sounds cool. All of these things sound cool to go, uh, he lapped him, but he birthed them. All of these things sound amazing, right, It's all in our lexicon. Is we have fun with our language, within our culture, with the art that we are, you know, subscribing to consume. However, I think that if he didn't, like, we can and this question doesn't have to be answered like like we're like we're real life scientists, right, Like we have to look at these experiments and see how they kind of develop up over time rather than like making just like an irrational, like reactionary response without like seeing like all of the elements play out within the experiment. We might need more time to answer this question. However, I would say that, like Kenny Omega, I think is aj Styles is a door opener for someone like a Kenny Omega now and to the question of and I'm gonna leave it right there for now, I think that he's a door opener. Did he birth him? I mean when we think about the Bullet Club, for instance, right, I think that Kenny Omega is probably the one of the most notable people to come out to come out of that stable however, so was AJ Styles. But AJ Styles kind of came out of it first, right and kind of like made it. Made it. It was like a thing for him before it was a thing for Kenny right, Like at one point in time, like we were talking about keny Omega, how talented he was and all of that, but certain people were making fun of him for wrestling matches with like a doll, right and like like like that era, like the actual cleaner era, where like he had an actual and he was like sweeping up cork and hall. Right, So he ended up like showing It's like he reminds me like the battle Rapper Daylight, if anybody knows that batt Rapper, outrageous antics, all these crazy things. But when it was time to show up, like he actually did right in a battle against somebody like a tay Rock for instance. So keny Omega ends up on this like crazy, you know, half decade run. AJ Styles ends up wrestling for me a five star match against Shinske at wrestled Kingdom nine, I believe or ten, nine or ten. It might be ten, you know, I gotta go back on that. However, AJ Styles, you know, enters the Rumble comes into the e.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we can say that Kenny is the goat yet because in order to do that, and we had a certain conversation earlier, I believe that For me, I think the greatest wrestler of all time, not even talking about my favorite wrestler, but I think the greatest wrestler checking all the boxes of all time and stone cold Steve Auston, I think that is the greatest talent personality all of those things that ever stepped foot in the ring, right, based on where he's been, all of the companies, he touched them all, w c W E, c W WWE and you know, for his time right now, Kenny has done this well all day long, last half decade for sure, right, AJ has a lot of this going on too. AJ picked this up, right, Can we say Kenny is the goat if he didn't pick this up yet? So I just want to see and I don't know if he's going like he said, he got a lot of friends over there. He probably want to beat the man who won this very thing in Philadelphia, right. However, we got to see this experiment play out a little bit more. I don't know if we can answer it right here tonight, like and close and close the case. But that's the case that I'm presenting. We we kind of we kind of still got to see the climb a little bit. Can Kenny go and win the prize? The prize is prize, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So that's I don't know, Jena.
Speaker 2: I feel you my only I will come back that with.
Speaker 3: I won't say that he has to go to as much as I would love for him to go to w W E because I would love to see like his uh presentation and him actually go go up against the like rubber rains and everything. But I will say that he did his thing in Japan, but then he did his thing in American television American wrestled as well with a w like to me, that's what this that is what is solidified this ship.
Speaker 2: To me, what's the not the only one of.
Speaker 5: Once Kenny only one the once? Okay, all right, stay correct, he.
Speaker 3: Just want he got he had everybody else's belt when he had it, but he did But.
Speaker 2: So like I think he like once.
Speaker 3: He became a w H champion and like he went on his run and then even after he lost the belt and going on his side quest that he's been doing in a you has been phenomenal and he hasn't missed the man every single time he's brought up to that he's put up a competitor in someone that uh he is challenged by. The man delivers and delivers like magnificently, like does it like no, no, no, no, nothing. The man is just I can't like there was a time that I selfishly was hated. I used to be a hater. There wasn't twenty nineteen. No, no, was an absolute hater. I deserved that Hater of the Year award for how much I was hating. That shit was crazy fucking nigga. But that's all but the fact that I can admit when I was wrong. I was hating on Kittie for just stupid reasons and I didn't understand. But that man is really amazing and does has never done anything like out of pocket that's been bad in this wrestling thing.
Speaker 4: Brod, you think now, I think that he needs to step like even though you know he did his thing at aw It, I believe aj Styles would have did the same thing and also and also like he would have had a major impact just like Kenny did. But the thing about aj styles when he went to WWE, he answered all the questions. He was an underdog to it too, like I don't think, and he did it in an aventment man era where all the cars were stacked against him, all the cars were stacked against it. I only think Vince wanted him to be the champion at the time when he became the champion, but he earned his right to become a champion and a major fixture in a major promotional company. I think that would be the only check on the box that we can be like, Okay, what if Like even with Sting, like Sting, when like Sting went into WWE, it was like, if it wasn't for the injury, he would have been a super major and he was already was that Like don't get me wrong, Sting is Sting regardless, right, But that even that small stint that he had in WWE, they had showed that, Okay, we're gonna, we're gonna, We're gonna put him in a in a major in a major role with Kenny, I think that he needs to test that water to see, Okay, do I have it in New York? Just like then my counterparts did because y'all skipped over Finn Balla. Like if it wasn't for the injury with Finn Balla, he would have been like a super super major role like they they even they were so confident in Finn Balla coming out the Bullet Club doing this thing that they gave. They made him the inaugural Universal Champion. The only thing that stunned his growth was that turnbuckle bomb into barricade. That's the only thing that hurt him in that chance is And now there's rumored to have that he might to have that same push later on in the Triple A's error. And I'm not trying to water down the Triple A's error, but we see that Triple Ahs have more within thought, more more acknowledgement of the indie wrestlers on the other side of the pond than Vince did. And I think that's what's gonna that's what's going to solidify Kenny Omega's you know, greatness if he would come over, you know, to the w W, just like Loe said, and and and make that Grand Slam approach of being a champion that everywhere he went.
Speaker 1: To so I'll combat you and saying that somebody like Finn Balor benefit from a WWE depending on what his goals are. I think WWE would benefit more having Kenny Omega than Kenn Omega needing WWE, right, And I think that ultimately comes down but like I said, what his goals are? You brought up Sting. I argue that Sting in the WWE run is so forgettable that you it's only brought up because like there's footage of it, like we saw it, you know what I mean, Like I think Sting could have if you if Sting had left TNA, disappeared for a couple of years and then emerged in AW. That's how I ultimately look at the WWE run, right, But even before that, I don't think Sting, and you know Sting is my goat, I don't think to solidify stings status as one of the greats, I didn't think he needed to go to ww right only, And you know, I mean the pivot to that is that by the time Stink got to that point in his career, like he was already a made man, Like he did his thing right. You could bring that same argument to like like Shawn Michaels in the ninety in the nineties, right, Shawn Michaels never went to w CW. Right, he for all times of perfect like he was WWE through and through Right, he didn't need WCW to be in the conversation of the grace of all time. I think with Kenny, it's very much like Kenny transcended. I think a lot of our imagination to pro wrestling, you know what I mean. You got to remember when Kenny, when Kenny was really starting to cook in New Japan, I think for the majority of people, we were tired of the same old, same old, same old of WW you know what I mean, Like we were tired of what we were getting weekly with Raw SmackDown. Yes, we had NXT, but even that's a that that original Black and Gold is just a derivative of Ring of Honor. Right, And we also got to remember Kenny was in a w WE development, you know what I mean, he was in Deep South, and he just said like it wasn't for him. Who knows what would have happened if Kenny had stayed in that system, right, we wouldn't We probably wouldn't even be talking about the level of ken that Kenny Omega took himself to you know what I mean, like and and even then, Kenny going to Japan probably was the greatest thing to ever happen across all boards for professional wrestling because Kenny bringing back you know what I mean, Like Kenny's whole thing is like the creativity, you know what I mean, Like that's a lost art of professional wrestling, like the the that canvas is literally art to be made, you know what I mean, Like the DDT run, the stuff he did with Kodo Abushi, the Cleaner, you know what I mean, the series with Okada, the matches with e She, the matches with Tanahashi. I'll even meet the argument watching last night. Kenny just in Japan is just a different beast. I love seeing Kenny on AW once again. A W needs Kenny before Kenny needs a.
Speaker 5: W Right, Yeah, man in the guarden when he step into that Tokyo doim it's just different.
Speaker 1: Man is different.
Speaker 4: But my thing, my thing about Kenny, my thinking about Kenny. You gotta look at it like this, though, Bro, like far As, like hardcore wrestling fans, Yes, he is the man. But to solidify yourself into that, you gotta step into the NBA. Bro, you gotta step into the NBA and see what your grabsat. Not saying that ae W is not a tough and not saying that New Japan is not a tough promotion too, because you know you can't you can't compare apples to apples to Orange as far as you know, man promotional goals, like if you have to look at it too, you gotta look at wrestling almost like soccer, because you got these premier leagues and they all tough, you know what I'm saying, in their own right, you give you know what I'm saying, But at the same time, it's always that one league that is the better of all of those leagues, if you given what I'm saying. And yes, Kenny went there, he did his thing, and yes, if the butterfly fact goals, if he would have never left w W, who would have Who would have said that he would have been the impact that he did across the port? Hell who said the impact.
Speaker 2: That Cody Rose would have been?
Speaker 1: Like Cody Rose.
Speaker 4: Made a great impact outside of w W and came back and became the man, and now that solidified him. Not saying they on the same trajectory, but far as trajectory goals, The reason why I brought Sting is Sting was on those Little brother programs like Sting was on those the TNA started off at w CW and he made the name of himself as soon as he he made a big name for himself. And you can hear from like Sting's mouth, he said that if you would have went to WW like before he went to WWE, they were saying that Sting, you are a big fish in a all pond, and that's what they were saying. And he was scared of going to WW even when he was and that's when the surface thing was going on, he did, you know what I'm saying, And that's why that's why I was making that correlation between the two. And with Kenny o'mega, I believe he become he can become one of the great like a great fixture in the main event role in WWE, because look at the landscape. Now who you have. You got Drew McIntyre, you got see him Pump, you got Seth Rollins, you got the tribal chief, you got a gunther. You know what I'm saying, it's Kennyo Maga better than half of the names. I said, Yes, So why not him go over there, solidify his name in that role and take proclaim of what y'all said. If he's the greatest of all time? Why not? And why not do it at this particular time, because, believe it or not, it's the easier time to do it because you don't have other outliers to say that he can't do it because of a certain way that they perceive him. You did what I'm saying because all the names that I said before, outside of Roman reigns have made the name besides himself, outside of the pond, outside of the big wwe you know, umbrella, if you will, so why not Kenny O make it go over there and be like, you know what, I stamped my flag in this on the goat. Fuck y'all you did? You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 5: If I could just provide another just a little bit more context. Also, I think that again, the conversation I think we sometimes are having, especially online, is like a different one. It's like sometimes like two different conversations going on. Not the conversation we're having right now. This is all insigle, this is this is healthy. However, I think when we bring up the other names and I really appreciate reminding me Scott of you know the fact that you know hbk Ain't never you know, definitely he's homegrown, you know, w w F and I think, you know, the conversations of like if someone like Seawan Michaels is like the greatest of all times. I think that when we talk about wrestlers sometimes it is a certain like extra thing we got to put on it, right. I think that when we think about like wrestling, we're thinking about like the physical aspects of doing moves in a ring, and like I guess, like winning a match, right, or like how well does one look? I remember when something I remember when, like the phrase we started using at a certain point was like work rate or something like that, as far as the number of matches, how someone looks in match. And I think that a lot of times, you know, these conversations would be in the context of like wrestling or matches that was considered like strong style, like pure wrestling, right, pure wrestling in Japanese, but like pure wrestling in the sense I think that we can say for what we have seen from Kenny, all of this stuff in Japan, even some of the silly stuff and DDT stuff in aw. I think we can definitely say that Kenny Omega at this juncture is the greatest pure wrestler of all time, right, and we have people who he has opened the door for the will Ospirie's and the you know, Kyle Fletchers and things like that, strong style wrestling becoming more western. I think that Kenny Omega has lapped everyone now. I think someone like Sean Michaels. He's in the conversation for greatest wrestler of all time, He's in that conversation. But I think someone like Sean Michaels because of his career trajector and everything, and the role that he's played in certain WrestleMania matches and all of that. And again he's lost more WrestleMania matches than Gini's one. Sean Michaels is the greatest in ring performer. I think that we he probably ever seen up until a certain point. I think that Kenny Omega becoming the best like pure wrestler because wrestling is changing over time, right, that he's kind of like in that it's kind of he's like in that same breath of like one of the like the greatest in ring performer in that pure wrestling sense. Oh you know, Seawan Michaels was mostly just you know, aerial high flyer stuff, right. Kenny mixes in that stuff with a lot of power stuff and with you know, with certain tech technical abilities. Right. So yeah, I think that with figures like Kenny and showing, they're more so of like like the Greatest n Ring. But as far as like checking all of the boxes, right, like microphone, entrance, impact or all of those things. Like, to me, that's like the word wrestler in and of itself. That's what I think about, like all of the things, which is why I brought up someone like an Austin, who Austin don't got no one wing Angel Austin ain't got no v trigger right however, just his impact over time, right, But yeah, this is a conversation I would love to continue having over time, you know what I mean. But I just wanted to bring those those points up as well.
Speaker 1: What we gotta do one day on the pod is we gotta spend like forget whatever happened in the week. We gotta sit and actually determine in our criteria what it takes and what it means to be the greatest wrestler of all time, because it's a healthy conversation to have, right, you know what I mean? Personally, I don't want Kenny going nowhere until I get Kenny versus Shelton Benjamin match. I just need. I just need twelve to fifteen minutes on Dynamite.
Speaker 5: You might get that.
Speaker 1: I'm good there, and then you know what, Kenny on Netflix, see you there, buddy. You know, as long as like Kenny and like, I don't know even like Kenny, somebody brought it up Kenny and Swerve, like this version of Serve against Kenny.
Speaker 5: Come on, bro, Yeah, it's some business to take care of for sure, right, oh my gosh, Like yeah, talk out like I mean, I don't know how long the guy. I don't know how long the guy plans on going, but I'm definitely if that's gonna happen, thinking like I don't know, twenty eight, twenty nine to thirty, Like he definitely got some more business like in aw back on the East, like he gonna cook for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey man, look, we don't have that many many moons love with Kenny, you know what I mean. But what we got we gotta we gotta take it you.
Speaker 3: Know, my favorite thing about observation from last night is that a majority of people had the same thought after watching Kideo Meca.
Speaker 1: Get that fucking tuddle off of Mox absolutely.
Speaker 5: Immediately, Yeah that's the thing too, right, Like and you know again I say correct it again right that I was bugging. There's never been a three time aw champion. Right, everybody's pretty much have it, had it once. For the ones that's had it, Mox has had it the most amount of times, and Punk has had it twice. But see, I think it's about that time, man.
Speaker 1: Ay in true in all honestly, I genuinely believe because I was, you know, I mean when I was watching Collisionize last night and I'm watching you know what I mean, Like they tied up the Rock and Roll express like like I'm like, what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 1: Like I'm like, what are we doing it? Right?
Speaker 5: You know? Like it's old people and like you got old people and death riders like they because I'm not that mad at the death riders, Like I know a lot of people got you know what I mean, it's it's a way that you could do it, you know, I don't know in a pure sense.
Speaker 1: Look, bro, I'm a poet, so you know what I mean, Like all the riddles that Mox be spitting, Like I get it, you know what I mean? Yeah, didn't. He's just rambling at this point, but you know what I mean, That's what poetry is. It's just a ramble sometimes. But like I said, I'm watching him tying up Ricky and Robert, and I'm like, I'm like, Ricky, uh, you know, like cool Robert can't Robert can't see as it is like man Robert. But then I'm looking right and then like even like Hangman, like I don't give a damn about Hangman and Christopher Daniels like this not the Christopher Daniels I grew up on, So like I don't care. And then I look at that and I'm like, yo, Hangman. I've always thought Hangman is the superstar aw genuinely needs right and you know what I mean. And I hope in a bigger picture, this is what this is all leading to, like Hangman becoming like that star. But I feel like the meat on the bone for Hangman and Kenny for the world title, Like that's the ratings move mover that you need if done correctly, So like I don't want to see Robert Gibson tied up. I don't give a damn about that, you know what I mean, Like that's, you know, no disrespect to the ogs, but like I don't care. Yeah, seeing seeing the Rock and Roll Express tied up does not have the emotional connection that I'm pretty sure like Jim Cornett had. I'm pretty sure Jim Cornett was like upset, you know what I mean, Like that's for that crowd.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tony was upset, was going through it.
Speaker 1: But to continue broke up, we got we gotta acknowledge knowledge the you know, I mean the new belt collector in the game right now. Her and Mina had an incredible, incredible, incredible match. Mina beat the ship out of here.
Speaker 2: Joe beat her ass. Bro I was, I was like, man, like I do like I do.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: After a while, I was like, oh, we dia not gonna win this, but man, she is definitely making sure she is getting all the damage.
Speaker 5: Man, let's do this right, Okay, because I tweeted it last night and I was already to come up here with it. But I'm glad we had like that conversation so we can have this one. Here's where I am with this, Okay, and I'm willing. I'm willing to do it right now. I'm willing to do this right now, right I'm really ready to do this.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's up?
Speaker 5: Mercedes Monet? All right, every we know where she came from. Right now, Mercedes Money is the greatest black wrestler of all time, regardless of gender, right now, right now, all right, I'm doing this right now, right now, let's get into it. Mercedes Monee is the greatest black wrestler of all time, no matter, no matter the gender, no matter the gender. Okay, no body you want to know why, you want to know why?
Speaker 1: Talk to me, Bro.
Speaker 5: And Nex Tam right, four horse women.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: You see what she did when she got called Yeah, yes, you see what she did when she got called up. And she's not done. She's not done. She's not done.
Speaker 4: She's not done.
Speaker 5: She's not done. Okay, specially you see you see what she did up up in New York up at the eight. Okay, we like in this, in this time that we're in, we're never been able to consume the amount of wrestling that we have had able to been in in the in the past like we are consuming the most amount of wrestling we ever watched. In the last ten years, I would say that we've all collectively watched more wrestling than we did when we were kids. You know why, because it's readily available, more than it has ever been. The WWF, their schedule, all of those things, she's been a part of the heyday of it, black and wrestling, I'm sorry, with black, black and yellow days, black and gold days, right, like like like going through all of that, do you know how much she probably was wrestling, right, Take the takeovers, take those matches, right, everything that she did in the Barcolay Center with Bail and all of that good stuff. Okay, then we go hell and this so all of these things, like y'all know, y'all was there. Then we leave. We train at Sindai Girls with Miko Satamora, right, and when she's doing that everything that we saw happened in the last couple of years, m JB, p W, Strong titles and all of that. When she first went to Sindi Girls with Miko, I said, I see what she's trying to do. She's trying to head line Tokyo Dome. She's trying to she's trying to run the fucking gambit, right and all, there is no black wrestler that has been more specified than Asasha Banks Mercedes Money because she is a black woman, right, that has covered more ground in her and has won more championships than anyone. So, by right, Mercedes Money is the greatest black wrestler of all time. She's been wrestling in the most matches we've been watching them. She's in a day in which more black wrestlers are wrestling participating, right, only black woman in the four horst woman. Right, Mercedes Monae is the greatest black wrestler I've ever seen in my life. Checking all of the boxes too, Like I said, or Presence Microphone Championships, ground that you covered Japan and back on the West Coast right n J p W style which she wants. She won that in California, Like like, come on, man, we saw what she did against christat Lander and then gonna do this with because you know she beat her ass, but we saw the whole match. How she gonna do that with Chris stat Lander the other day and do this again with Mina Sharkawa. I've never seen nothing like this in my life. She's the greatest black wrest I've ever seen in my life period me personally. So I'm just I have to do it right here. Since I put it on the cl last night.
Speaker 2: Period, that's a hell of the cake. That's a hell of a casey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, I'm not mad at it, like I'm not now.
Speaker 5: I think nobody could be mad at that unless they just hate Mercedes and hate black women.
Speaker 1: I think I wasn't.
Speaker 4: Like, no, how you come back?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 5: I was not agree with it. You might not agree with it, but you can't be mad at it. So that's presented so Scott like, Scott, Yeah, we're right.
Speaker 1: I don't know though you were about to say something. So once again, the reason why I'm not going to argue it is because, like I said, it's your opinion. I can't be mad at your opinion. I'm taking aback because I just wasn't ready for this type of question. No, I really ruined it in in Okay, So in the concept greatest Black wrestle of all time? Can I say she's the Do I put her in the top? Absolutely? I would have to sit and dwell on if she is genuinely the greatest. Because you're hitting, you're hitting some great points. You're hitting a lot of excellent points, you know what I mean, Like if if you're thinking right now, like she's accomplished a lot more than that, a lot has, you know what I mean. And I think sometimes we get caught up in the conversation that because you're influential, make like and some people you're in you being influential makes you the greatest of all time, right when in reality, you can be influential and somebody go above you, they just you know what I mean, Like they just did what you did, but they just did it better.
Speaker 5: Right, we can take more time to see, like I said, we're doing with science experiments, we can take more time. But that's one I'm willing to like kind of call like right, like up until up until this point, like what black wrestler can you name that's been casted on a Star Wars production? I can't Again when I say wrestler that word, I'm talking about everything. I'm talking about everything. I'm like, the impact that you have in the mainstream, I'm talking about that too. Austin three sixteen is the New York Yankee hat of wrestling gear, right.
Speaker 4: It's the rock must be the Lakers. Then that's that's that's why I have to combat you with brother like and you maybe that the way, but I.
Speaker 5: Gotta give you Sasha's wrestling acumen. I gotta give you her technic. I gotta give you the girls. I'll give you to Japan. I gotta give you last Night, four belt, four belt Mercedes. I just gotta give you that. In replacement of yeah, so that's.
Speaker 4: Just and I'm not I'm not disagreeing at all, but yeah, like he he is wrestler, bro Like believe like he is and not saying and not taking away to accolade to what she's doing, bro. But it's just it's just one of those unfortunate circumstances that women have to do more in this industry to get almost to that accolade to those in the industry, bro, because you look at Maya Moore in the w NBA, look at Claricias Shills and boxes bro Like, Claricia Shills is the only rep only boxer, the only boxer ever female or male that went undisputed and three different weight classes bot to become undisputed in four and we're still looking at Floyd Mayweather is the best boxer.
Speaker 9: I gotta I got a question about I mean, I got a question about the Rock, just because I feel like it's a conversation we've never really had when it comes to The Rock and we're talking about like this, we're talking about graps Bell to Bell, not what he does promo wise, We're talking Bell the Bell.
Speaker 1: What is the Rock's most influential match? Shit?
Speaker 4: You can go into the like I want the one that it depends on what you're looking at, brother, because like wrestling is one of those bag big sports where like just how just how Lowe was saying about Austin, you can say the same ship about Austin.
Speaker 1: Like, can I just give an example real quick? Can I just give an example the the Mercedes has the Bailey match, the NXT Brooklyn. When it comes to like influenced, influencing a general ration right to get into the ring? What is the Rocks like influential match? You're absolutely right, you know what I mean, Like he like It's it's all subjective, you know what I mean, Like something we don't know somebody could be like Yo, the Rock Nick Foley Royal Romble nineteen ninety nine got me in the game, you know, what I mean, But like that's it's it's absolutely murdered. But like murder, does the Rock have that match to where like it's universally like that's the that's the defining match of the Rock. I do have one in mind. I don't know if y'all would agree with it, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have one. No, I won't say that I was the ship with him and can't share a Rock. He he wasn't put with people that was going to show all of his wrestling acumen. But you can see all the talent that the Rock had, bro. Like, he was a comedian in that ring. Bro, it didn't matter who he was with. It didn't matter if he was in there with I don't want to say his name it one of the radicals. I'm gonna say that if he was in there with the other radical, Damn fuck Edit Guerrero. You know what I'm saying. Like he hell, he had a fight fucking the Hurricane.
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: Like, he was a fucking chameleon in that ring. Brother, And like his athleticism showed that he was one of the Like think about Austin right, he made a big impact from throwing punches and kicks, a big impact for just throwing punches and kicks and that Lucas Press, the Rock did a lot fucking more, bro a lot more, a lot more in the ring, and he showed it outside of the ring far as the pro the promos that he cut. And then if you want to go mainstream, who's touching him? Nobody? Brother, nobody? Now did he did he have an easier route into the into like the mainstream, like to WWE where he didn't have to go to the New Japan and all of that. Yes, he really did. And I believe that if you went to the other promotions he would have been the same thing too. So like we can't undermine that route with the Rock. That the route that the Rock had and showed that he is not the great. He was the first black w w F champion, Brother, the first black one ever ever, ever, ever, ever, you know.
Speaker 1: By that proxy right him being the first black w w F champion. If you're going on a line of like that, Ron Simmons would be about.
Speaker 4: The Rock, yes and no, Yes and no, Bron Stemmers was the first black heavyweight champion of all time. We get that what did Farup did in w w E and that and that goes back to our conversation with Kenny Omega. You did you know what I'm saying, Like Sean Michaels, if Shawn Michaels would have went to w w c W, he would have had the championship too, better run. But guess what everybody say that Shawn Michael is the best wrestler ever. He had the worst TI terrain in w w F history on paper, off paper, you get what I'm saying. Brett Harty, all the great wrestlers that y'all named that you know, Daniel Bryan h Kenny Omega, all go on, so far, Brett hart had one of the worst ones too. The Rock had one of the best runs of w w F champions by far, and yeah, and competition level was against Stone Cold, the best wrestler of all time. Now go back to the second, the second best wrestler of all time, uh well, second best at that particular time in ninety eight was what Hawt Cogan who was going against him, Macha Man under uh the ultimate ward the Rock killing both of them niggas, The Rock killing both of them niggas, and that era and this era, in the era that he was in, not undermining Mercedes Mournee because what is she doing is phenomenal. Like I believe she's the greatest black female wrestler of all time and probably second third best black wrestler of all time as well. But I can't give her number one right now because of Dwayne the Rock Johnson. I just can't. I really can't.
Speaker 1: That's a good case.
Speaker 2: What I love about this whole.
Speaker 5: Dwayne, Yeah, my bad, No, no, you cant.
Speaker 2: I just want to get this real quick. Yeah, we go back out.
Speaker 3: It's just that we all because all this ship is like subjective as fluck. They all have different sliders for things that make that make it more important to us to d back.
Speaker 2: If you don't view on the w W E that ship, don't bat it. That's been.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to clear that case. I'm trying to clear that because yes, I understand, I understand where people may say that and you can't and it's unfortunate. You can't put everybody on the even slab because of that standpoint. But people say that Rick Flair was the greatest. He had some stints in New Japan and all that, but he was just a showcase. You know what I'm saying, Because of what he did in America, you know what I mean. And they say he was the greatest, But right now we can say that he better. We can say the Rock better than him. We can say the Rock better than Rick Flood right now? Yeah, can the Rock and the Rock ship? He better than hall Kogen? He did with hall Kogan was supposed to do? Mm hmm, what what we said? Hall Kogan went to movies and did all this shit in movies? What movie did y'all motherfuckers? Go watch that Hallkokan was in besides Rocky when he wasn't really hall Koge yet.
Speaker 1: But I'm not trying to give Hogan any credit. But you gotta remember we grew up in a different time period, you know what I mean. Like for those that grew like that, grew up in the eighties, Like you gotta remember that whole Comanian shit transcended pro wrestling right now, you know what I mean? And I it's just like I said, it's a generational thing, right it mean Pasta restaurants, Postamania America.
Speaker 2: You remember three Ninch just he was in them ships straight.
Speaker 4: Just went straight to v I think it was like one of them that went to the movie theater, but just went straight to VHS.
Speaker 2: The Rock.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, why are we speaking right now? The Rock became the number one actor of what year that was? What year that was when he became like the number one actor of like.
Speaker 1: That was like.
Speaker 4: He was the number one wrestler, the number one actor.
Speaker 1: He has never been the number one wrestling.
Speaker 2: One B.
Speaker 4: One B and but but look at the time that he was about to be number one. He went to Hollywood and he was going to be that because what everybody was saying, Austin took his ball and went home and guess who they put up front of him and just factor all of that ship in bro we talking about and then we talked about the argument was the greatest black wrestler of all time? That's the argument that we have right now. Lo said it was thrown cold. It's argument that now that retrospect, the Rock better than that motherfucker. Right now, if you look at the whole scheme of things, all right, see, you can shake your head, you know if you want. But the Rock killing that nigga.
Speaker 5: Too be a back and forth conversation between Rock and Austin. Right, you got like and then you got the culminating matches, right, Like, I think the Rock got some burners. He got a couple with Triple H. I think it was the Iron Man. Then he got one with Kurt Angle. That's like, that's like two thousand and one. He got a Chris Jericho for Big Gold. Yeah, he got some ship But then you got his moments, you got the mainium matches, you got X seven, you got Toronto right with Hogan, which was like a moment. It was like, it's like a moment more than it was like this like four or five star match, right, but whatever, Then you get nineteen like he got moments, you know what I mean. But I think that's always gonna be a constant back and forth between between that Brahma ball and that smoking skull man. It's always gonna go back and forth.
Speaker 1: It's a conversation I want to have later on, Yeah, because a conversation I don't want to have later on, not tonight, but later on is how Mick Foley birthed a lot of top talent and we don't talk about it.
Speaker 4: True, true that, But what I was about to say is a lot of people moved a gold post on Rock because it like what he did great. They want to go back to the graps and they undermine his graps. You know what I'm saying, But he never really had a bad match, even when big moments happened. He did what I'm saying. And then they want to say that he wasn't the number one when all they want to say, okay, what was his impact was go to and go that part. And then when we talk about another wrestler, they wanted somebody want to say what stone Cold did? Stone Cold impact was a year and a half. A year and a half, almost two years. A lot of people don't count a lot of people don't count that them two thousand runs. You you know what I'm saying, because that was when he was on his decline. Brother, and y'all can y'all can come back, and you know what I'm saying, and and and de Betman on that. But when the Stone Cold era were from like ninety eight to not like the middle ninety eight to that, that's what, not the or the end of ninety six. I'll give him three four years, but look what the Rock did when he had when he had his run, bro even but he had.
Speaker 2: A bigger impact. He had even a.
Speaker 1: Rock, Like, no matter the impact that The Rock had in one year, Austin generated more money for w W than the Rock ass right, Right, But we're talking about a T shirt that's still being sold, like, he's still a top merch maker. You know what I mean, you can it's if we're going into numbers, right, we're going into statistics. Austin is the top guy in wrestling's biggest period. It's not the Rock, right, the Rock, absolutely, it was a figure in that time period. Right. What it's about the guy who is at the top of the like, it's the whole The best match on the card is who sells the house? You know what I mean? And I'm not diminishing what you're saying, And I'm not diminishing the Rock, yeah, and I'm not diminishing the Rocks roll. But there's a reason why you never hear anybody, like from a business standpoint, say it's the Rock one a Austin one beat. It's always Austin one a the Rock one beat. And yes, Rock is very pivotal to the attitude are He's very pivotal. He parlayed that career into the person that we see today. You know what I mean? Like, we're coming off of one of the greatest main event runs to Rustlemania of all time, with the Rock being at the front, the forefront, right. But but even with that, we're talking about two damn near two solid years of Austin being the number one guy. And you know what I mean, it's it's it's it's such an a complex conversation.
Speaker 4: The argument was who was the best black wrestler ever? And all of those things The Rock.
Speaker 1: Put it like, has the Rock ever made someone look like this ship?
Speaker 4: And I love Sasha and I love but I argue to say that Bianca have the bigger the the bigger impact in Sash in.
Speaker 5: The w W W W. Yeah, ended up getting the torch in Tampa.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm with y'all.
Speaker 1: This is why I am real quick.
Speaker 4: Get I get everything, but I get everything I'm saying. And guess what, you have a great argument towards Sasha. I mean because Mercedes, let me let me not disrespect. You got a great argument towards Mercedes. And I'm gonna take that argument and I'm still that argument whenever anytime I have an other debate about black female wrestlers as well. But when you say best Black wrestler of all time. I can't. I can't quite give that to her. She's she's up there, she's up there, and she's making a strong case. But what d Wayne is doing the Wayne is by far the best black wrestler of all time.
Speaker 5: Okay, and and and and I listen, so I can I can accept that. That's like this is we're cooking real quick, I'm bookending here right, argue, I'm.
Speaker 2: The other things.
Speaker 5: We're this conversation. Right. We had a conversation on this podcast last week and we mentioned that, Yo, what if the glass shattered at Russellmania forty It didn't, right, we got the gong instead. But we had that conversation for a reason. Yeah, let me ask you a question real quick. Does the w w F transition in today? Does the w w F pull itself out of the darkness and the Monday Night Wars without Stone coach Steve Auston, And also if the shoe was on the other foot, if you just have the rock during the whole of the Monday Night Wars, does w w E pull themself out?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: Think about the story of Miss McMahon versus Austin and what that did at that time, like does this does? Does does the Are the Monday Night Wars won by the E or the F without this? Man?
Speaker 4: But go ahead, Nick, I just want to present that and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say no. And if we're having a real conversation, the only reason why w WE got hot is because WCW fucked up. And I'm I was, yeah, WS, if it was not for WS. You gotta remember, man, you gotta remember.
Speaker 5: We just went on the documentary.
Speaker 1: And I've brought I brought this up. The first megastar of the Monday Night Wars was Sting. People forget Sting Crowsting was a march maker.
Speaker 5: Turn the channel, turn the channel. I remember them days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, It's a lot of factors, a lot of factors, you know what I mean, hindsight being twenty twenty, you know what I mean? We armed armchair quarterbacking, right, you you factor in like if Starkade nineteen ninety seven goes completely different.
Speaker 2: In that ship show and.
Speaker 1: Not a ship show like you got. Like I think people they're you know what I mean, Like everybody brings up the Mike Tyson joint, right, people forget Mike Tyson almost went to w c W w Right. W c W almost got Oscar de la Joya to referee a match between Eddie and Ray for Super Bowl, which would have been crazy in San Francisco. Right, they had Dennis Rodman, you know what I mean, Like I think when it comes to w W, don't call.
Speaker 5: You played basketball with Michael Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Man like, but yeah, I mean that that in my eyes, Like I think w CW's victories all happened because of w c w's w e's victories off because from w c w's fuckers.
Speaker 5: That's the fact. But everybody was changing the channel for Sting. I don't care what you was doing and who you was ship.
Speaker 4: That's how you want to fight. He ship what Devin handed, Devin handed, didn't bring up that right hand and blocked that left hook.
Speaker 5: And if Nitro was in your town on a Monday night, like you was going like I wanted to go see Sting at five six years old. My brother been a Sting guy forever like at that point, but I'm like, yeah, I want to go see fucking Sting. It's thing I don't care fu is I don't know. And at the time, w f TV seemed kind of like them. It wasn't really that like w W was fucking them up and if they would have kept they foot on a certain pedal, who knows. Look you know what I mean. But no, this is the next one.
Speaker 1: Right now, and be like skip the podcast. I'd be like, bet where you at, big, where you at.
Speaker 4: Front three dollars for the year, got them in frontier.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen this this rapid fire man, because that conversation took all my energy out. No, no, no, that.
Speaker 2: Was that was great.
Speaker 1: This is this is BGW dialogue. I do have a message for d Mach from bg W Hall of Famer at Inferno. I agree with Mac one thousand percent.
Speaker 4: I like that it on Instagra, I mean on Twitter. Yeah, let me go back to the golden days. Shout out to my nigga eighteen Inferno, man, shout out to Inferno and always shout out to Inferno. Man.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, y'all, y'all, y'all said, this is what y'all like. Man, y'all said, you know the New Japan and everybody likes this ship. I'm the saying Mercedes is running the ship right now. Man, I'm just all I'm saying, Hey, that's the case. I'm just saying, if that was the case for Kenny, my girl. Man, if my girl, if my girl, my girl, If you said girl, you know, I mean, how can I say this? If you said Kenny necessarily didn't go to the e, my girl been there and she and she around there now too. So that's why I'm giving it to her. But that's and I'm gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 4: And I think she's gonna have a stronger run when she comes back.
Speaker 5: I think so too. I was saying that to my wife.
Speaker 1: Netflix tomorrow. You know what I mean, come big, this is you know, big time. We got Seth and Punk, we got Rhea Live. It has been confirmed that Dwayne Johnson will be in the building, you know what I mean. Obviously, the focal point will probably be the tribal chief, the Tropical Contact Roman Solo. I gotta feel this is my prediction that Solo wins, right, but the Ulu falla goes over the neck of the rock and the person that puts it on him will be Paul handled.
Speaker 2: Ooh oh okay, yeah that's one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my that's my prediction. That's my prediction.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it personally, and he kind of flirting with that he the High Chief. I sent that to y'all in the group chat. You keep talking about I'm the High Chief. Read that up. If y'all go to everybody go to the rock. Last post on social media on Instagram, you're talking about you know he's doing this one tomorrow is dedicated to the High Chiefs and because he was the High Chief, so y'all could be the trip. And we've seen that w W has been doing a great a great, great job of longtime story storytelling and they put the Rock up there with the High Chief, so.
Speaker 1: That might be. But by the way, I do just want to shout out marks with Mike's and then phenomenal interview they just did with Joshua Bishop. Go tap in, you know, get done with this. Go watch that. That was an incredible, incredible interview. Do y'all think uh? Because as of right now, the main event is supposed to be Seth and Punk. Do you think that now gets changed? Yea if it has the Rockets involved. Yes, Big Dwayne being like, hey hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, punk should be used to this. This is this is, this is what it is.
Speaker 4: Doug.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you second fiddle to this, nigga forever and it just is what it is.
Speaker 1: Who do you got winning the punk Seth match?
Speaker 4: Ron?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And I'm glad, you know, I mean because the whole time we talked and I'm like, yo, were about to see him tomorrow, Like mag is making a great fucking case. You about to see this nigga tomorrow on the premiere great case. Yeah, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I got I got self one in what we're doing? Are we going to do predictions for that?
Speaker 1: Who want to preditions for Russell Dynasty?
Speaker 3: You want me to keep it one hundred with y'all. This is what happened because I looked at the I looked at the numbers. Technically Scotland and Low or tied, but Low also didn't pick one of the matches, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which one would I leave?
Speaker 3: I forgot to look I saw it and I was like, I looked at it, but I looked at it.
Speaker 2: I was like, yo, he because you forgot to pick one.
Speaker 3: Chas forgot to pick one, because if Chads would have picked one and got it right, he'd have been tied with you.
Speaker 2: Shut up.
Speaker 10: That means if we're going by bg W rules, ye W champion and still the pg W predictions Champion Scotland. Yeah, sir, yes, that's all.
Speaker 1: That's all. That's all I needed.
Speaker 3: We good you, Hey lo the one if you forgot to uh pick well, I know I see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you forgot to pick that.
Speaker 5: I mean that that's that's that's perfectly fine because that match, Like, I mean, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Hey, brother, Lorenzo. I just want to let you know you were destined to lose when I have the title, you know what I mean. I love you dearly, but you get the same work as everybody else.
Speaker 5: Listen when you got when you got it the last time. I'm like, it's about to go down, scott champion again, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, niggas was trying to hide that in for mation from me. No, but it's all good.
Speaker 2: I ain't trying to high ship. I was like, yay, bro.
Speaker 3: I sat here and I was like, hey man, I looked at it and I didn't know how to grade it. So I was like, I looked at this incomplete.
Speaker 2: So I left.
Speaker 1: So now it's incomplete when we for years have the same rule in effect. Now now you decided it was incomplete.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I have to live up to this title in this award I won my dad.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's crazy, bro yo, Tomorrow has to be the end of Rehm lived right. Please please big big bets she pop up? You think big becks pops.
Speaker 4: Up, Big pop up every night at my house.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, after this, I love that for you?
Speaker 1: Are you all excited about the potential real Ripley Becky wench rematch.
Speaker 2: Excited?
Speaker 4: I'd rather have. I'd rather have a living. I rather have a living, especially what live at right now in her career. I think it does more for live and uplift the women's the women's roster. If because like real solidified, real solidified right now, like she can it don't matter what she does. She can, she can lose this and she still be real, real rip. But if live when it kind of keep her up in that plateau, let her let her win, let her face begs and then you know what I'm saying, have maybe have a three way match with all three of them? No, no, I mean you don't want that.
Speaker 3: I do not want after after tomorrow. I do not want Riha and live anywhere near one another. I want this to be done. I'm cool and I'm happy if if Live wins, good with it. That's great, Ria wins, cool whatever, Just let this be over. This has gone on log enough. There's no more there's no more meat on this bowl they've been trying. This has been marinated forever, overcooked, like.
Speaker 4: Shi, Yeah, we forgot about North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Charlotte. She popping up on this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she gotta go against baby Charlotte.
Speaker 1: Look how happy this nigga triple looks. The racism just oozing out of his face.
Speaker 4: Tak Taker mash.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I'm not gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: Gonna be pointing at.
Speaker 1: The Yeah. The Naomi, the Naomi knighted Jack's match was incredible, like they got phenomenal chemistry. When Tiffany Stratton came out I'm not gonna lie. I was kind of annoyed because I was like, yeah, I knew that's this is what was gonna happen, But damn, can I dream just a little bit. Can I just imagine Naomi holding up the title just one time she had I thought she had it to me too.
Speaker 5: I'm really glad that it wasn't like, you know, like like a Damien Cash where it's like Naomi like gets the pin, and of course in that situation, Naia Jackson had to get the you know, she had to get the pin, you know what I mean. But it would have been real nasty if Trinity would have got that fucking pin and then that fucking music would have hit and she came out there with that briefcase that that would have been very nasty. Oh I'll be watching that tomorrow. That would have happened.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we we we'd have been like at least for a week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and everything.
Speaker 1: I was fully prepared to be on my dig Gregory on this episode. That's liric. Hey, I love the I love those interviews because those were just verbal abuses. He straight he told that, he literally told that brother. He was like, he was like, who the fuck are you for me to yell at.
Speaker 4: Yell at.
Speaker 1: Doctor dude just asked him a question.
Speaker 5: He's saying, but it's almost like he's barking at it, like Brodie king last night.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to so tifty outs of the title. The crowd really loves Tiffany Tiffany Stratton. They like, they really they really love her.
Speaker 2: It is Tiffy time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real.
Speaker 4: It really is, man, I don't see why I ain't putting that same love into Amanda. You saying it's who to Mandy? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a little bit Mandy and the Lacey.
Speaker 2: But Mandy Massala.
Speaker 1: I I'll never forget that that takeover where she beat Miko and I can't I can't remember what I was. I think it was. Was it Blair she in the match? I can't remember. But Mandy had unified the NXT women's titles, and I remember I tweeted the picture of Massawa and Mandy Roads and I'll never forget. These puro niggas went from my throat.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: They were offended. They were offended.
Speaker 5: Dog, they thought that they did that.
Speaker 2: They did not like the joke.
Speaker 1: Keep in mind, I'm pretty sure I can name more Massalas matches than they can. But you know, that's that's for a conversation for another day.
Speaker 5: But that's when you're supposed to laugh at it when you really don't even really know the knowledge like that. Oh they just posturing like they know, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's an obvious joke, right.
Speaker 1: They were upset, dog, they were upset. I got called every name under the sun. Won't you take that w W bullshit back to your country? I'm like to like to Scotland, all right, we can do that.
Speaker 2: Anything's having a ride at an xt dog like it was irritated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, When does when does Charlotte come back? When do you? When do you think of? You think you just save it.
Speaker 4: For the rumble and I soon come back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I see the rumble.
Speaker 4: Uh that's bit.
Speaker 2: Okay, the usual tactly ten, that's the usual. Got your brother, Damn, that's a good gad.
Speaker 5: That's a good as question.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That is cool.
Speaker 3: So the moment she don't come back tomorrow after twelve o'clock kitten Tuesday, I'll be like I would expect a nice little apple pey.
Speaker 1: I gotcha.
Speaker 4: She needs to go to a w and stop by daddy Bro. That's what she needed.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about Rick Frey on this program now. We've already brought his name up way too many times, said that we brought up holding on this podcast for second.
Speaker 4: That was my doing and that's my man.
Speaker 5: Is it either or though? Is it like do we do we get one or the other? Tomorrow? We're not getting both. Tomorrow, We're not getting live and and Charlotte so like too much, like what's the big money moment? Like hearing Charlotte's music hit at the Rumble or like seeing live I mean seeing Beck's confront live like her like the music, like hearing Beck's music tomorrow, Like what's like, what's the you know what I mean, it's the full package of this company, which what you think they're gunning for.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna buy. Like if I hear Becky's music tomorrow, I'll probably just look at TV be like h and then probably just go back to doing what I'm doing, okay, and ed first, Like I feel like Charlote hearing her music in the Rumble is gonna hit a lot harder just because we haven't seen Charlotte for a long time, you know what I mean, like maybe twenty twenty three, if I'm not mistaken, and you.
Speaker 5: Know the Royal Rumble like interface this year, you know, last several years, interface has been red. Yeah for some real like you know, the designer for some reason this year is blue. It's in Indianapolis, right, it's in the Lucas Oil. I believe Charlotte wear a lot of blue. I'm not trying to do that, but a man, Hey Doug.
Speaker 2: I'm like this close to thinking about going.
Speaker 5: This center mid West. You know, on the men's side, you know you got a certain city that's not too far from Indianapolis.
Speaker 3: Exactly, so N's north text exactly my family with Chicago, that's down the street.
Speaker 1: I'm with Lorenzo like, I'm trying to take me and the wife to forbid a door in London.
Speaker 2: Hey man, I would love that for y'all.
Speaker 5: And that's next Premari League season two year.
Speaker 1: We got saying, bro, like we can make a whole move out of this man talk. Yeah, we'll talk. We'll talk a person who did not want to talk.
Speaker 5: Noss from us.
Speaker 1: This nigga here man. But as a light skinned brother myself, I know what it's like to not like to get bullied, and then you gotta project your emotions to different things. I probably wouldn't have gone to the levels he went to, but I get it. I've never had toilet paper thrown at me.
Speaker 5: Bro. He was watching us, Bro, he.
Speaker 1: Was man into Gratzi.
Speaker 5: He wearing glasses, he got a suit on. You seen him last night. I'm like, yeah, that was his tether on dynamite.
Speaker 2: That's a totally different dude, totally different us.
Speaker 5: Right, So that red jumpsuits and all of that, but this is his red jumpsuit. This is the glass, these fucking clear aviator glasses. This you know, plaid middle of the ta ta like it's it's it's a thing.
Speaker 1: I will say this has been the most interesting he has ever been as a character.
Speaker 4: I'll say that, Yeah, very Jordan pil.
Speaker 1: Like, it's one thing for you. Like I've listened to a couple you know, I mean shout out to a like Post Wrestling, you know, I mean a couple of the podcasts that I do listen to like about their intake on They they all slandered the segment with ricochet and the hurt signikit. And I don't know if it's just because they are of another race and they probably don't see the bigger picture that like we do. But you can clearly see like the hurt signicant segment was not a burial of ricochet. It was the start of something, right because they literally went in from that to the swerve segment, and then the swerve segment continued and then the toilet paper you know, I mean shout out to to New York for even implementing that. But it's very much throwing toilet paper at somebody while slandering him in front of millions of people. What do you think is gonna happen? Like it's not a burial, Like it would be stupid if Ricochet just ignored it completely. Ricochet ended up having one of like it's genuine one of the best segments they've done in that company, because like you don't anticipate it from somebody like Ricochet, right, like the ccissions, like the fact that he stabbed him with the scissors and then the attack continued, Like that's like that's a like a serious like that that's Trevor, you know what I mean, Like that's what he should be doing. He should be Ricochet. And then there's Trevor. Trevor's a serious one.
Speaker 5: They're crazy sociopath I get it. I see like I see like a movie poster in my head right now, Like Trevor is the name of the film, right, and it's him standing there. He got this, you know, I mean, he looked he's kind of a nihacle. I'm picking up what you're putting down.
Speaker 3: Seen the picture of Michael B. Jordan that new Vampire Movie, but it's two of them. Basically, that's Trevor with Ricochet.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the episode of the Grazzi when they were bullying old Boy and right before he shot Drake. Mm hmm, that's Trevor. That's Trevor Kay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I won't say this materialized. Man, this boy, Wow, he's because like my thing is like, why the scissors gold?
Speaker 1: It's probably the same color as his skin.
Speaker 3: I was gonna I was gonna say, it's what Samantha networks too, Huh, it's what Samantha Gable.
Speaker 2: Do you think she lash?
Speaker 1: You think she pops up in us?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, that'd be kind of dope.
Speaker 3: Like if there are like two heel people together just sollowing gas light skins.
Speaker 5: Like she becomes like like she becomes as violet, Like, oh yeah, that would be hard. She would be like she already like lapped a lot of like you know with that announcing ship. She really like got fast tracked, right. But if she become a violate with Ricochet, a w like you know what that does for like her cultural currency in wrestling, that would be crazy.
Speaker 1: That's actually probably a money a money like group. You know what I mean like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like irving god like and she popping ship because yeah, I can't even.
Speaker 1: Talk to like to my old heads, the you know what I mean, Like people won't get the reference. But there was a it was Jimmy Garvin and Precious no Sunshine, excuse me, Precious with his actual wife. But they were in the world class territory and like they were money because they were just over the top with it. So I could absolutely see Ricochet and Samantha being like the mega heel group that like gets on your nerves but like you can't stop them. Yeah, you know what I mean. It'd be kind of a modern would be the miss and Maurice.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, making more social traffic though.
Speaker 1: Nobody's ever really done. Nobody's ever really done.
Speaker 3: All it takes somebody by boy currency.
Speaker 1: And the last thing I have for y'all, fellows, man, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I thought you was gonna put up a picture of for a second, and I was about to die laugh at because I was like halfway paid atedition.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought it was Joy Taylor and oh.
Speaker 8: Nah, bro, to investigate that, Bro, you should investigate that. An investigate that. It's a lot, that's all a little bit, but.
Speaker 5: I'm like, what's going on. I'm gonna figure it out.
Speaker 2: It's a lot, yo, man, shout out. Shout out to Jason Taylor's little sister.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 4: They said she was using what she got to give what she wants. Had her looking crazy in that lawsuit.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, bro.
Speaker 4: She's players club.
Speaker 1: Hey motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but yeah, shout out the Ovens Bro.
Speaker 5: Shout out the Omas man.
Speaker 1: This is huge.
Speaker 4: Shout out to that main Yo.
Speaker 1: The Japanese crowd loves him too.
Speaker 5: Oh they definitely do you wonder what?
Speaker 1: Yeoh? Real quick before we get about of here, so you know the b g W Match Match Guide is officially live. Yes, yes, and everything. You know what I mean. I'm sacrificing my mental for the greater good of this podcast.
Speaker 4: No lot, tell us why they love him, I.
Speaker 2: Want to say.
Speaker 5: I thought, yep, I'm like, here we go.
Speaker 2: No, he's a big ass kaiju nigga.
Speaker 12: What you mean, crazy ol mass man, Yeah, Global.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how these these folks watch as much wrestling as you do. I'm burnt out. There's not even one hundred percent guarantee, Like I'm watching Roalt tomorrow I'm tired.
Speaker 2: I've watched It's January fifth.
Speaker 1: I know, in one week, I've watched Noah, I watched Stardom, then Raw or No SmackDown, a w both shows, Wrestle Kingdom, Wressell Dynasty. And keep in mind, I'm still way behind because I got Tokyo Joshi, I got all Japan Yep, yep, yeah, gotcha right, It's just yeah, But I'm doing this for y'all, man, I'm doing this for the for the for the purists out there, the sickos.
Speaker 5: No and we appreciate you doing that. Match God to man, and you know, I know, I know, man, I know. I think certain people are wire in just such a way that's like, like, how are you wired like me? And shout out to y'all man, all the professionals.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. I don't want to be like this these niggas. These niggas really seem jobless to me. Like I know people that have watched everything so far, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, how when trying to lap Meltzer.
Speaker 1: Bro these shows are like three four hours long, five at the most.
Speaker 5: They're trying to lap Cornette. They trying to make it they be the next ball the.
Speaker 1: Well I don't have nothing else. Do y'all have anything?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 5: Mercedes moment, the greatest.
Speaker 1: Greatest Black wrestler of all.
Speaker 5: Time, Dwayne Tomorrow. Dwayne gonna really make his mark on this company, on this, on this industry, though we've already seen it at forty and all of that. But like this, this Netflix ship going on. Hey, they're gonna have some ship on this at tomorrow. Put it like this last ten minutes is going to be insane.
Speaker 1: Put it like this. Tomorrow is the official kickoff to Mania. Like everything from this point forward is must see programming.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man.
Speaker 4: Might have to do emergency pod.
Speaker 5: We see seeing her tomorrow. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, I've been stuck in Japan for the last seventy two hours. All right, that's better.
Speaker 4: Gonna be there. They won to the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right, But.
Speaker 4: Is he gonna have the same retirement as the Rose, because that motherfucker have the best retirement of all time. That rolls far is having the best retirement seen in the history of sports retirements. Bros.
Speaker 5: Up there, it's definitely up there.
Speaker 4: Up there.
Speaker 5: Speach was amazing, Okay, opening and closing.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be crazy tomorrow. Bro is Travis. Uh's somebody for the tup from straight up.
Speaker 3: Yeah he is before it.
Speaker 4: Because I think he made the new the new theme song.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So we got Travis and we got Megan on the theme songs. Now to Houston Precious Artists. That's interesting, Travis, Yeah whatever.
Speaker 1: He's cool. You can find me at Poetic Scotland on X Scotland, Underscore Underwood on Instagram. Uh.
Speaker 3: You can find me at Rally in the Leaf on X I G and Blue Sky at Rally in a Leaf follow the pot pages on those same three platforms. Also, uh, lookout for the wrap up of this. It's not the season finale of the tel the Final Whistle, but it's the season finale of these games of Week eighteen coming out this week.
Speaker 1: Have y'all decided what y'all doing afterwards?
Speaker 2: That's a good question. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh, this is more. This is the housekeeping thing that what we're done. I have a suggestion for us when we get done.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk.
Speaker 13: You can catch me bending down the corner slow, crazy, but it's fire.
Speaker 4: If you don't catch me, catch me listening to that. You can catch me on X a little bit more now and on I g at d mac tarty.
Speaker 5: You already know who it is. Man. You can find me at low from the lead on both Instagram and x. The locker room Lead is fine. Follow the locker room Lead at the locker Room Lead on Twitch and YouTube. B g W Pot for Life. The Fires had just tied the game up with the Toronto maple Leaf, So I'm happy about that.
Speaker 1: Fly. Please please go follow the visionary Chas and all his platforms. You know what I mean, He's been doing incredible, incredible work. Let's see Robert road to one eighty nine. Yep. Next week would be a big week, you know what I mean. We've got the Netflix. Talk about the Netflix, you know what I mean. Kenny will be on Dynamite.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be uh it's gonna be a good week for the Graps.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And it's gonna be on Sucker. It's about to do the my man Ray about to do the meme. That's why I've been laughing so much to day. I'm just sleep because of you know, you know what, like a steaming pot of neck bones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was wild bugging.
Speaker 3: My nigga taied of Hote was really sobbing.
Speaker 1: Ship was beautiful.
Speaker 2: What's beautiful?
Speaker 4: Man got the ice the meddle of a mask. I've never seen that ship before. Out man, I was saying he needed an ice pack.
Speaker 3: Oh man, they kicked the nick and they kicked the nigga that they gave it to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're in the middle of war. I need this ship. Hey, but were out of here until one eight nine. We are outs.
Speaker 4: Peace out to my to my world.
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: They got it it
Speaker 1: We