Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, come on home, good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee rod Ryan, Oh yes, sir, come on, wait you wake your hands off snake eight rod Ryan show check it in full strength on a tap Tuesday. Looking for some fresh fish. Need some brand new players, fresh out of bed. Head to head challenge. Arthur finally poked it through. Come on, two brand new players. Maybe you've never played before, maybe you've been on the beach for thirty days or more. Looking for you. Tessa will tell you all about meow Wolf, which is taking over Houston radio tape. We got tickets for you in homeroom on the Fun Fact Flashback, Dane cooked tickets at seven twenty with my favorite thing. Today on the show, The Chili Brown Game returns. It's the last one. It's the last Halloween edition of the Chili Brown Game. That's how you're gonna win your Lincoln Park tickets. November eighth, they're playing Arlington. We've got tickets for you, Chili Brown. The man will be three and a half feet from me in the studio. I cannot wait. I'm already guindy about it. Ghost was announced yesterday. We've got tickets. They're playing August sixteenth at the Toyota Center. Tickets go on sale Friday. We'll give you tickets on Know the Show. We get noney of that rain yet. I think tomorrow's gonna be the big day. We have a twenty percent chance of rain mostly clowney. Cool off. It's cooling off a little bit. Highs up around eighty seven. Good morning, Tesla. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Hey good, Ernie Rodding good running home room.
Speaker 3: The big November election is just a week away, and two ballot drop box fires in the Portland, Oregon area are now under investigation. So police there in Portland said they responded to a call about a fire and apparently three ballot boxes were damaged. About fifteen miles away in Vancouver, officers found a suspicious device I.
Speaker 2: Was burning next to a dropbox.
Speaker 3: Clark County election official savy incident damage hundreds of ballots.
Speaker 2: There are two new.
Speaker 3: Lawsuits that have been filed in New York against Sean Diddy Combs accusing him of saying two boys. One lawsuit, filed Monday, says the alleged assault happened in two thousand and five, when the boy was just ten years old, and he was given a soda spiked with drugs in the other suite. Also filed yesterday, a man claims he was essayed by Combs in two thousand and eight when he was seventeen. These are just two of many lawsuits filed following Ditty's arrest for sex trafficking and rocketeering.
Speaker 2: Combs has maintained his innocence.
Speaker 3: Campbell's Superlease its Annuel Thanksgiving poll on America's favorite sides, and in a major upset, mashed potatoes is not number one. It failed to number two this year, behind stuffing.
Speaker 1: I agree with this.
Speaker 2: This is something I'm on board with as well.
Speaker 3: Stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, and mac and cheese. Those are your top five. Okay, we'll discuss further today. In the showy, Jaselle Munchein is pregnant with that jiu jitsu instructor she was dating. They have a confirmed well, People magazine has confirmed his name is Joaquin Valente.
Speaker 2: He's thirty seven years old, Jaselle's forty four.
Speaker 3: They've allegedly been dating since June of twenty twenty three, although they've never confirmed it. Jasell and Tom divorce in October of twenty twenty two after thirteen years of marriage. They have two kids together, and then Tom has that seventeen year old son with the actress he dated before Jaselle's. So they say Giselle's halfway through her pregnancy and she already told Tom and the kids, so they wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Learn from, you know, someone like me the media. Kid Rock is.
Speaker 3: Full on Maga and Eminem recently endorsed Kamala Harris. But it's refreshing to know that despite the political differences, they're still friends and fellow detroit Lyon fans. Kid Rock posted a video saying, I love Eminem. We've been friends for many years. I don't agree with his politics, but I do give credit to him and people like Taylor Swift for standing up and not being afraid to be vocal for that which they believe. You can go read his full quote on the Music blogs page. He ends it with go lions. So oh, Eminem replied, go lions, So those are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 1: Hi, Alex, Hello Rod. I'm I'm hoping you're okay. I'll be fine.
Speaker 4: It's a rough night for you we'lls get Let's get to the Great News World Series.
Speaker 1: We'll start with that.
Speaker 4: Dodgers beat the Yankees four to two last night, take a three to zero lead in that series. Neat, they're gonna try and complete the sweep of that series tonight in Game four, first pitches at seven o eight. You can watch it on Fox. That'll be a great one to watch. Definitely watch that one on Monday Night football.
Speaker 1: Also Neat.
Speaker 4: The Steelers beat the Giants twenty six to eighteen. They had a seventy three out punt return. That was the difference of the game. Cool super cool.
Speaker 2: In basketball, Rockets got to win last night.
Speaker 1: That's good. There's a good thing.
Speaker 2: They got by the Spurs one of six to one on one.
Speaker 4: Jalen Green at thirty six points on the night, the lead all players should scoring. They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Mavericks on the road tomorrow night. And in the MLS playoffs, Houston, DONAFC felt to the Sounders in penalties one nil. They're down one to zero in that best of three series. They're gonna play game two on Sunday back here in Houston.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Hang in there, buddy, You're gonna be just fine. We'll see you're gonna be fine. That beautiful baby at home, a beautiful wife, gorgeous grandma that loves that kid and loves you for some reason.
Speaker 2: Best grandma.
Speaker 1: Joy every gains All right, let's go four hours of pain, more painful for others. First phone call? What do you want? What do you want to talk about? Who wants the first phone call? Come get it? Seven one three two, one two five. The most interactive show on the radio. It's this one.
Speaker 5: St be through.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five. The buzz red Hot chili Peppers right out of the gate. Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Happy Tattouesday, everybody. That'll be our Instagram feature today. I got to say, I think that looking at girls blog page is really really good. Giselle was just too big to just put on looking at girls blog page. Giselle's got to get her own blog for sure. I see, yeah, I heard that yesterday. I didn't even know that that. I thought there was still kind of a rumor that she was dating that jiu jitsu instructor. I know that they dragged Tom pretty hard on his at the roast for that, but I didn't necessarily know that it was true because I don't think they ever talked about it. Now finally they're talking about it. And by the way, is it not only true, but yeah, we're having a kid together.
Speaker 2: Well I knew it was true.
Speaker 3: I knew she was like that was kind of who she was dating outside, but I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know it was this serious. I guess that's super serious. So lots of stuff for you on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. The headline for me Chili Brown. You know I love it. That's going down at around a twenty this morning, and it's the last Halloween edition of the Chili Brown Game. Don't worry, there's Thanksgiving and there's Christmas editions coming, but this will be the last Halloween one. So we'll have to pick a good page out of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. A reading will happen at around eight twenty. You'll be guessing how many candy corn we get to retire the candy corn after today, so wait, twenty fresh fishes. I guess the next big thing. Yesterday we had a Hall of Fame moment, so we're looking for some brand new players to play in the fresh out of bed head to head. If you've been waiting thirty days or more, you're also qualified to play. So we'll be looking for you in homeroom and the rain not really today, but tomorrow and Thursday and moving ahead in the weekend. Yeah, rain today, twenty percent chance, that's it, mostly cloudy. Highes up around eighty seven.
Speaker 6: It's time for the first phone call.
Speaker 1: Of the day. It's like Hubert got through first.
Speaker 7: Hubert, Hey Rod, what's happening, Hey guy?
Speaker 1: Subdue? Everything super good?
Speaker 8: Ryan?
Speaker 9: What you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Which I'm doing? Well? What you got for the first phone call?
Speaker 8: You're on?
Speaker 4: You want to talk.
Speaker 7: About the fabulous anchor female links. We haven't used the femal link as a reporter. You got Danielle Gooseman. You've got Jennifer Rainer, you get Tea, Tita Johnson, Tina Jones, you got a Tamika Knight, you got a.
Speaker 9: Maya Maya Moreno.
Speaker 7: What a fabulous anchor ankor crew that we haven't used?
Speaker 1: And do you know reporters, do you not like any of the You don't like any of the dudes, any of the male.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I always watched the females all the time.
Speaker 1: Just want the trick, just a trick forget about it. Yeah, just like okay, so, so who is your number one news slash weather slash traffic presenter. Who's the number one for you?
Speaker 7: Danielle Gooseman when she's thumb and Jennifer Reina one and two right there, and my er My Moreno is awesome too, she's a fadorous woman.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I know his number one. Danielle is on K Paris too. I believe she does the ten o'clock in the six PM. Okay, yeah, I don't watch a lot of the evening news, so I might not be knowing them. I'm going to look her up for sure.
Speaker 7: She does applies two, five, six, and eleven.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, Hubert. Is it is it like who's the hottest or who is the best at their job? How are you ranking these hottes? Okay, okay, so then they're good.
Speaker 7: They're they're good teleproppers, they could read the teleproper. But they're the factor's look of women.
Speaker 9: Shot.
Speaker 1: I'm like, listen, I think we should put this together like you should do like the news. You should do the top five news, the top five reporters, top five weather. You know, yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 3: What up?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Women? Maybe?
Speaker 2: And then okay, and what do you do for work?
Speaker 9: Nothing? Let me retire?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and then all ranks. Top five retired guys.
Speaker 1: I know, and I think the list.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know there's there. They're intelligent people, they're looking people.
Speaker 1: Bro, listen the women rule. I know you, I know you have the time. Hang on, Hubert, take him, take a breath. I want you to email me. Brought at the buzz dot com. Top five anchors, top five reporters, top five meteorologists. Okay, thank you, reported all right, top five Hubert's top five.
Speaker 7: No, no, I can't do it right now.
Speaker 9: I'll I could do some of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, no, no. I want you to. I want you to make a list. I want you to day. I want you to email.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 7: Sure there's no problems.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I can even throw in five people. Yeah, I like it as far as before.
Speaker 1: Just give me your top give me your top fives. I want an email from you, Hubert. Okay, all right, sorry, right, all right, bro, thank you, thank you, thank you. I appreciate that for a lot of energy on him today, a lot of energy, passionate about news, swimming, very very passionate about what he watches. Let's take a short break when we come back and direct you. I can't wait to get his top five too. I'll put together a blund page absolutely if he does. If he comes through, Chilly and I will work on that. We'll put together a block page for that. On the flip gonna rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the freshout of bad head to head us Rock and I'll tear it into very soon.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Six to ten AM, ninety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Today we're fine, nothing over well, okay, So a twenty percent chance of rain today, thirty percent chance tonight. Fairly clouding today, h I have about eighty seven showers expected the next couple of days. The best chance of rain is, of course Thursday, Halloween. What's trending? Okay?
Speaker 3: So the first trend on Google is something we all we already talked about Jaselle bunch In. People want to know about this baby she's having with her jiu jitsu instructor.
Speaker 2: We're already going to talk about it in headlines, so I want you to know.
Speaker 3: That it's definitely something that the masses are, you know, whispering about.
Speaker 2: Number two is the Steelers, Alex.
Speaker 3: The Steelers haven't lost at home on a Monday night football game since nineteen ninety one. So you can't feel too bad. I mean, yeah, okay, so it's rigged. So there, that's got to make you feel a little bit better. The third most searched thing on Google is Dodgers versus Yankees.
Speaker 2: Yankees not not doing the thing where they have to win and hit the ball.
Speaker 1: They're not sure, they're really really not. Oh is that why they lost?
Speaker 2: No way, I had no idea that was why.
Speaker 3: The Yankees watched twenty four four seen fastballs go by for called strikes tonight. That's the most by them in a single game this season. It's the second most by any team this season. That, unfortunately, is what's trending on ninety four.
Speaker 2: To five of us.
Speaker 1: More than everybody, this is Arthur.
Speaker 10: Any of you thought the greatest four day player didn't have a fifth game in him, Well I did just that with a two time Hall of Famer, and you know I came out on top. I am the thirteenth member of the Fresh out of bed Head to Head Hall of Fame in twenty twenty four, and you other Hall of famers are gonna be sorry. I'm finally in here because I plan on taking it all.
Speaker 9: Bitch.
Speaker 1: That's a Hall of Fame speech from a guy that sounds like he's been in there ten times since first time in the hall.
Speaker 9: I like it.
Speaker 1: That's what I like. That's what I like to hear. Us hob hob fuse hoar. Do you want to get in on the fun? Okay, stop being stop. Let's have some fun.
Speaker 2: Alex, get off.
Speaker 1: The sidelines, Alex, Let's have fun. I'm ready to have fun, man, I would love that. Ask you and fun and fun. Let's have fun. I love all right. Who wants to play ninety four or five the buzz Letning Kravitz fly Away Rob Ryan's show on this tat Tuesday? Getting ready to play the Fresh out of mad Head to Head looking outside, twenty percent chance of rain today mostly cloudy eighty seven will be the high up to a thirty percent chance of rain tonight and then in the next couple of days the rain comes rolling through. All right, let's play and now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge, listeners to your corners.
Speaker 11: Well, well, if it isn't Sammy Bigger Davis Junior.
Speaker 1: I think that's an underrated top drop.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I like it because it's announcing that he's there, has a toilet flush. Hey, it's got a toilet flush.
Speaker 2: Say why I don't like him?
Speaker 1: Brother Sammy, where you've been.
Speaker 10: Bro man?
Speaker 12: I've played a couple of times this year, just hard to.
Speaker 1: Get in all right, Well, a couple of times. Sounds like you stunk up the joint, dude.
Speaker 12: Yeah, not past day three.
Speaker 1: I've only got thirteen Hall of Famers. I need some more. Yeah, cry, okay, well listen, we got Paul two time in the hall. Hey, Paul, good morning, brother Rod. We got some Hall of Famers here now, Paul two time in the Hall. I'm sure you'd love to change your name. Yeah, I'd like to make it three times in all. Yeah, and that's the name that just rolls because the part that rhymes is Hall and Paul. So we're going to keep those now. Sammy doesn't have the number of Hall of Fame appearances in his name, But how many Sammy? Two for me? Also, okay, got a couple of two time Hall of famerus here going head to head, fresh out of bed. What are they playing for?
Speaker 2: I've got a rod ryding her t shirt.
Speaker 1: Paul, you played this year already? No, I have not been a couple of years. A couple of years. It's pretty well. Welcome back, Paul and Sammy Baker Davis Junior. How about your date when you think you know the answer? What body part are used when telling the Little Piggy's nursery run? Sammy, are your toes toes is correct?
Speaker 2: Set me snoop that in there?
Speaker 1: I sure did. It was closed, Paul, but he got you. Music's a little loud run. Oh okay, there you go. Thank you for letting me know that. Thanks all right, Sammy Baker Davis Jr. Paul two times in the hall, both of them, two times in the hall. Next question, who is Beavis's sidekick? Sam Sammy, Sammy, but hed Beavis and butt head? Let it Paul two times in the hall. I didn't know it had been a couple of years since he played. Sammy Championship form. You want to play Toronto Sammy, Yes, sir, you want to play four more times?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, needs some more people in this Hall of fame. All right, good to have you back. Hello rod Ryan. It appears to dead are coming back to life and eating the.
Speaker 5: Flesh of the livings.
Speaker 1: This is the Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Buzz, ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. It's her friends in Shineedown, that symptom of being human, Rob Ryan Show, Tattoesday. Shouldn't have to worry much about rain today twelve and twenty percent chance mostly cloudy eighty seven. Then it goes up to a thirty percent chance this evening, and then we know we got some more rain on tap later on this week. Chili Brown game. That's all I can see, you know, I handwrite my little docket what I'm doing today on the show. I'm scripting the show. It's just I know that fresh out of bed head to Head is at six twenty. I know where the ticket giveaways are, like coming up on the fun Fact flashback. I got me al Wolf written down, but I have Chili Brown written down at a twenty. And that's the thing. That's just it's just blinking like a neon sign. I cannot wait. It's the final Halloween Chili Brown game at A twenty this morning. He's going to be in here trying to get you some tickets to go see Lincoln Park in the Dallas area. The fresh out of bed head to head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody. Sammy Baker Davis Junior is back. This two time Hall of famer. Heard there's not enough Hall of Famers for twenty twenty four. Yeah, I'm ready to get back in that garage. Join me on Wednesday when I make your win number two.
Speaker 1: Bitches, silky smooth, He's always silky smooth. He need some more Hall of Famers. Man, we're running, definitely running out of time. October twenty ninth. It's up the correct date. There's two more days left in this month. My goodness. It's the fuck.
Speaker 2: Thats to the day we make you look smart in front of her body.
Speaker 1: Shit's the fuck. That's to the day. Every day on AOL, Alice does his bit at around nine twenty. I'm waiting for the pumpkin carving bit. That's it coming. Every day you do that Thursday morning. You do that Halloween proper every year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, we do decorate a Christmas tree the last day we're here before Christmas too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when it's slapped in kirk we did that today. Maybe no, I do something spooky. Yeah, maybe slapped the cucko pitts later for next week. Okay. Does anyone know what the stem and please don't say stem, the stem of a pumpkin? Anyone know what it's called?
Speaker 13: The vine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: The vine?
Speaker 1: That's not bad. Somebody thinking cap a little bit? The handle, the handle you have, the pumpkin handle, the hat of the pumpkin. It's called the peduncle. You are not to pick up a pumpkin by its peduncle, nor are you to pick me up by my peduncle. I would not like that the peduncle? Is that brand new to the shows? Me neither. I also think this is brand new because every now and then people will bust me. It's like, hey, brother rod uh, you know four years ago you did that fun fact. There's three new ones every day. There might be a lot, there might be a repeat, but I think for the most part, there hasn't been a lot. Did we talk about broccoli being man made?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not from the hand of God. That's from the hand of man. It's it's carefully breeding wild kale that had the exact right traits to make it work. So there's it's in the kale family. Cauliflower and Brussels sprouts are also man made. There's no way. There's no way. We talked about that.
Speaker 2: Before my hero I was thinking this from the earth proper.
Speaker 1: And before you ask Brock a flower Okay, man made? Now this is wild. Now, this is why if it hasn't already been wild for you, if it hasn't been a wild enough ride in Florida. Of course, in Florida, anyone can execute a criminal on death row. You apply and if you get picked to do it, you'll be paid one hundred and fifty dollars. That's neat. I met the gal the gas chamber. Where'd you go to school? Sam, since da, what's right next door? Uh, it's the execution place. Yeah. I met the girl that did it. Yeah, yeah, just the injections I met. I met the girl that hit the but for something. Yeah, it's nice, nice chick, it's pretty. I'm like, that's your She's like, yeah, that's my job.
Speaker 9: Hot.
Speaker 1: You fall into that, but anyone can do it in Florida and you get paid. What great state? Who would want that on their conscious? No, it's the fuck back to the day. We make you look smart. Everybody's it's the fuck to the day? Ah, what you got over there?
Speaker 3: So we've got a pair of tickets to see meo Wolf's radio tape. It's an immersive multimedia experience that tells the story of how the exploration of the endknown leads to infinite possibilities. This is art you can feel as you explore the unknown. Meow Wolf's Radio Tape opens October thirty first. If you want more information or you want to buy some tickets, go to meouwolf dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, get your fun back, chicks, chicks, well dudes too. People with this color hair have less hair on their heads than people with hair colors seven one three, two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Let's bring on Captain Cash. He's got no hair in his head now, Hi, Hell, brother Rod, when I met the guy he had a full head of hair. Man, that's how long I've been here? Oh yeah, you've never seen hell with hair. No, yeah, he's captain cash rock out with your stockout. He's gone from hair to none, hair to bear, yeah, hair to bear. Hell. I mean what you did to me? I mean yeah, I know, I knew I was gonna get blamed for that. How do we doing Wall Street? Yesterday? It was a good day on Wall Street.
Speaker 14: The down was up two hundred and seventy three points. Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and three eighty seven nastack up forty eight points to eighteen thousand, five hundred and sixty seven Dutch mark ten year Treasury's trading at a four point three percent in oil since it sixty eight dollars twenty six cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs three M, Goldman, Sachs, and Amx. The big duds Honeywell, Cisco, and Boeing. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on consumer confidence for October. Right now, futures they are on the downside. Come on, let's turn this baby around.
Speaker 1: That's it a mat heer.
Speaker 14: This is Howland manage to director with the Raymon James Porter for the liveline Chow from Raymond James on Sam Flip and the Gusta and Duffie Doys Rock Out with your stock out.
Speaker 6: Viman's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymon James Associates. In come Ever, NYT AS, IBC I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 1: We'll continue.
Speaker 6: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buyer sell any security referred to your because programs are educational and informational services on the the studs duds are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Finance ninety four or five. The Buzz. Welcome back, Rod Ryan Show six forty seven. Fun Fun Fact Flashback. See al We're having fun, fun, fun facts, fun fat flashback. It's all about fun today, dude. Fun. Sure to have some fun right now. Good morning, Glenn, Hello Rod, Glenn Bolaya, Glenn, are you calling about the Fun fact flashback? It's fun right, Oh, it is fun.
Speaker 9: It's real fun.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: People with this color hair have less hair on their heads than people with other hair colors. What is that hair color? That would be red Rod show me the gingery you are, Corren, My life is gonna be happy because she's a meow wolf fan, or she's a redhead, she's a ma fan. We just went to Great Vine a couple of weekends ago. I'm amazed at how many people know Miowolf. Like you guys are so hip. Tell everybody else what he's wone.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you get to ticket or yeah, a parent tickets to Miowolf's radio tape. It's an immersive multi media experience. It tells a story of how exploration of the unknown leads to infinite possibilities. Anyone who is not this dude can go to miowolf dot com and get their tickets.
Speaker 1: It is a fun experience. We had a last which spent like three or four hours in Great Vine. That's awesome. N all right, the right guy is the winner here, all right, Glenn and his wife are going to Miowolf. Yeah, redheads have less hair in their heads, but their hair is thicker than the other brunettes and blondes. Here's highly suspect. Well, it must be ninety four to five, The Buzz, ninety four to five, The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan show highly suspect, so they're gonna be in town in November eighth by You Music Center. Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster location. I don't know if you don't know if we have room for those tickets. Today in the show, we get so much cool stuff to give away. Dane Cook tickets, next hour, Lincoln Park tickets, the winner of today's Chili Brown Game. Our last Halloween reading from Chili Brown. That's gonna happen today at a twenty twenty percent chance of rain. Bullcy Cloudy Hi's up around eighty seven today. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Ballot boxes were set on fire in Oregon in Washington State yesterday early morning, with ballot's damage or destroyed. Police say the arsons at ballot drop boxes in Portland and in nearby Vancouver are connected and are believed to be connected to a third incident with a ballot box that happened earlier this month in Vancouver. Hundreds of ballots were damaged in the Vancouver fire. The FBI is now assisting the local agencies in tracking down the culprit in the fires, with a nearby surveillance camera catching footage of aspect of suspects vehicle at the box in Portland.
Speaker 2: It was a volvo there.
Speaker 3: Here in Houston, the District Attorney announced criminal charges against five people.
Speaker 2: Now here's this is a Homeland scheme.
Speaker 3: Five people are accused of participating in a teacher certification cheating scheme that would allow unqualified teachers to work in local school districts. So you had the District Attorney and the chief of of Harris County's District Attorney's Office Public Corruption Division. They had a news conference yesterday. This high school coach apparently is like a kingpin in a million dollar teacher cheating scheme.
Speaker 1: So they're paying this guy to become teachers and all we do is talk about how teachers are underpaid. People are trying to pay money to become an underpaid teacher.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, so that's exactly it.
Speaker 3: So he this guy, this kingpin, who was a high school coach, falsifies credentials, then secures the teaching positions for individuals who didn't have certain requirements.
Speaker 1: It's a sporting fee to.
Speaker 2: The DA's office. Yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's estimated that the rings kingpin had gross more than a million dollars from this scheme.
Speaker 2: Court documents shown.
Speaker 3: Estimated four hundred and thirty tests were taken fraudulently, fraudulently, and then more than two hundred and ten unqualified teachers were certified in the scheme and they are now practicing or practice at Texas public public schools across the districts in the state of Texas. Wild insane, insane. So yeah, that's gonna be our local story. There, let's switch gears here. We're all watching scary movies this week right now? Not no, okay, okay, Well, there are a ton of subgenres of scary movies, but what is your favorite. According to a new poll, it's psychological horror, like movies like Silence of the Lambs or Misery. That's got eighteen percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: That's people's favorite type of horror movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, okaystup, it's fifteen percent of the vote went to comedic horror, so like Sean of the Living Dead, Tucker and Dale Versus Evil The Return of the Living Dead.
Speaker 2: Supernatural horror came in third with eleven percent.
Speaker 3: That includes anything from like The Conjuring Universe or if you're into the classics, more like The Exorcists or Candy Man. Next up is vampire flicks seven percent of people. Not a ton of examples, but like, I mean a vampire flick, like is Twilight in there.
Speaker 1: That's where I never thought about the sub genres. There's certainly I know that there's horror movies. I do like a little if I'm gonna watch one, if I have to watch one, like a little laughter mixed in where is the hill Billy, The Hills Have Eyes hill Billy the Where's Texas Chainsaw Massacre? When it seems like there's like weird inbred people that are taking advantage of other people and it could be kind of real. I don't know. I'm out on that. I am out on that. That's the worst JO sub genre ever. H'll billy horror, hill billy horror, that's to me, Yeah, like the Devil's Rejects, all of that stuff. It's like there's there could be real people living like that. Yeah, that's the stuff that is the most irritating to me. Like that, I don't want I want to stay away from.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like the psychological horror myself, and I like like real Like I don't like scary characters.
Speaker 2: I'm in the like serial killer stories.
Speaker 1: What about jumpy horror, like those assholes that jump out at you.
Speaker 2: I hate that, I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm not into it.
Speaker 2: Jump out, don't jump scare.
Speaker 1: Me, don't put your stick, your arm out and touch somebody. Jumpy jerks.
Speaker 2: All right here, you'll like this one.
Speaker 9: Next.
Speaker 2: Do you have a favorite celebrity chef?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I do.
Speaker 2: Well a new let's see if he or she is on the list.
Speaker 3: A new survey of two thousand people revealed America's favorite celebrity chef is Gordon Ramsey got forty.
Speaker 2: Percent of the vote.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the most popular.
Speaker 3: He's followed by Rachel Ray, What about Guy? What about Guy Fieri? Bobby Flay was twenty eight percent, and then rounding out the top five, a tie between Martha Stewart and emeral Legassi.
Speaker 1: Where is Guy Fieri? That's that's my kid's favorite? Not in the top five, Padma Leshimi. I don't know how to say your name. Lakshmi sure that? Why is she not in there? I don't know? I like her too, she's the host one. Oh he's not a hot list.
Speaker 2: No, it's not a hot list.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, he's kind of a celebrity chef. Now he's he's the guy that's on the bear, but he's a real chef.
Speaker 2: That's why I watched my cooking videos and and Riquez two chefs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys, he's really coming on in popularity though. That donn er uh what's his name from Mad Maddie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've all been snubbed. They've all been snubbed.
Speaker 1: We have a blog page up for the hot or not hot chefs. It's the most popular chef chefs.
Speaker 2: But you did put I saw you put pat Ma on the on the blog page.
Speaker 1: She's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for some new Corn swag a new wish, it was from Adidas. Halloween is going to be your luckie day. Corn and Adidas have announced he releasing a third round of shirt, shoes, hoodies, and socks inspired by the New Metal Giants on Thursday. The new merch will be available on Corn and Adida's web stores and through Adida's confirmed app. It's a safe bet that they're going to sell out pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: This is the third drop.
Speaker 3: It's part of the thirtieth anniversary celebrations for Korn's debut album.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston Sdlights.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: What you got over there? In the World Series.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers beat the Yankees for to two last night to take a three zero lead in the series. They'll try and complete the sweep tonight in Game four, first pitches at seven o eight.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on Fox. Is it true that you tried to switch roles today with Chile? It is not true that you want a Chili to do the sports line and you do the links and guests say.
Speaker 2: Phone line, But I'm fine doing sports.
Speaker 1: Alex Brown game at eight twenty, I can no Chili.
Speaker 2: Chili's got a lock on that game.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that was why Chili didn't want to switch. I heard you were mad and I have to do Chili Brown trying to get out of sports today. Hey, just want candy coin. That's what Chili wanted.
Speaker 4: Monday Night Football more fun there. Steelers beat the Giants twenty six to eighteen. You want to watch some college football tonight? Texas State's gonna play Louisiana at six thirty. Sam, you still take on Louisiana Tech at seven. You can watch both those games on ESPN two and ESPN You.
Speaker 1: Maybe you want to go to.
Speaker 2: A college football game.
Speaker 4: I got a pair of tickets to call her ten right now at seven one, three, two two five, nine four five. You can go see U of H hosts Kansas State this Saturday at TDDECU Stadium. I think it's a blackout game, so the Koops will be wearing they're black. Go check it out and call her ten right now step one, three, two and two, five, nine four five. You're gonna be going to that game. Bill Kook's in basketball, Rockets gotta win.
Speaker 5: Last night.
Speaker 4: They got by the Spurs one oh six to one o one. Jalen Green at thirty six points in the night's the lead. All players are scoring. They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Mavericks on the road tomorrow night. In the MLS playoffs, Houston, don WEFC felt to the Sounders and penalties one nil. They're now down one to zero in that best of series. In that best of three series. They're gonna play game two on Sunday back here in Houston. That what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan The Morning.
Speaker 5: Show six to ten AM ninety four or.
Speaker 1: Five ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning. Rod Ryan's show Green Day's long View and welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from Home Room, thank you for just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off your kids candy, save it for the kids. Okay, get out of there. I have to put it away. I have to have it out of sight. And I'm not even that but I don't have that bad of a sweet tooth. But I can't have it sitting around.
Speaker 2: No, it's like immediate, Yeah, it's just right there.
Speaker 1: Everything's now like ridiculously stupid size, like fun size. It's like, that's not gonna hurt anything. I was not gonna hurt anything. It isn't gonna blow my diet. If I have that one little piece of it's like one bite of milky Way three little milk dogs.
Speaker 2: What's that gonna do?
Speaker 1: Whatever I bought, I bought something off of Amazon, some candy. I'm like, just do just go to the the Kroger's or the Hb's or if you do, maybe Costco. People say they're getting good deals or the other one. I bought something on that was highly rated on Amazon. It was candy, and I just didn't really look at it. I just because I bought some full size candies about a dollar apiece. I bought like two things, so about fifteen thirty pieces. Four kids that I know in the neighborhood. So I'm gonna do some fun size. Don't come to my house if I don't know any the assortment that I bought, I got good reviews and everything, but I didn't really read it. There is a ton of crap in there, Like what do you consider the crap? Like purple Hershey kisses? You think I'm throwing one of those down the tube? I'll take an egg to the house.
Speaker 2: Well, you got it, throw like two or three? What is this one piece of candy? Grab a handful?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you've seen my neighborhood. You know that that's not happening. You know that that's not happening. But what is in there is a it's the same size rapper as an individual. And I'm just wondering if anybody else has seen this Reese's peanut butter cups. But it's thin, It's super thin, and they do say on there it's some sort of a reduced size one. It's about half the thickness, but it looks like a full size one. Singular. Yeah, Ese's that's fine pieces peanut butter cup or Orese's cup visuals it's thin, it's half, it's like cut in half. They didn't they call them resist thins.
Speaker 5: You have those?
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't know that that was the thing that existed that also came in this ridiculously this dumb box of candy that I bought, this assortment box that everybody was raving about. Where do you live? Hillbilly's again with the Hillbillies. That's two mentions today on the show. I should have checked are you a hillbilly? That you're given us five stars? So I got some good stuff and I got some crap stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, when you can't just give, you know, some crap pieces, you got to put like two or three in there.
Speaker 1: I will be very inconsistent in my candy giving away miss good flexible to Some kids are coming in hot, some kids are some kids are leaving with awesome. Some kids are leaving with a purple Hershey kiss.
Speaker 2: You're fine one. They're not going to remember you. I'm not gonna make a little voodooed all out of you. You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my My My hope is always that they just kind of grab and they don't really look. They just put it in the bag. Theyn't even see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in a hurry.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I knew what I was getting at every place. You really got me thinking about this. Different types of scary movies today online at the world famous Rod Ryan Show page what's your favorite type of scary movie? They have them sub categorized as psychological horror, comedic horror, supernatural. Vampire gets its own category. It's so big.
Speaker 2: I didn't used to Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Speaker 3: That was like my go to movie when I was younger, When it was my like, if I could pick a movie at Blockbusters, That's.
Speaker 2: What I went for.
Speaker 1: I think Dracula used to just kind of be in the genre of monster movies, but then the Dracula obviously he was the superstar of the monsters, and then there just became a million you know Dracula. You know vampire type flicks. Is Twilight horror?
Speaker 5: Is it Hull?
Speaker 2: Is it HALLOWEENI I also can watch during Halloween?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is Harry Potter halloweeny? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because if they show it during all the Halloween marathons. Okay, I don't know why it is I think they also do that for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Too, because they're wizards and they're witches. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if diarogy, Christmasvin so all these things, and you said your favorite, but you don't watch many of these horror movies. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't put these psychological thrillers I can get into because there's no like if someone's possessed or walking around.
Speaker 2: With like bloods coming about their mouth, I'm not into it.
Speaker 5: Gore.
Speaker 1: That was another thing that wasn't in here as a subcategory. I thought like super gory was its own thing. Like you're talking about super bloody and super you know that's a category.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You just gotta to me, you gotta check yourself if you can just look at that, or become a doctor because you don't get like queasy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and good for you.
Speaker 1: And the doctor's chickeny. Check themselves so they don't wreck themselves. Yeah, maybe we're gonna see who knows less about horror movies because I feel like everybody on this show where we fall short, Alex does a little gaming. The video game people don't get represented. The superhero people don't get represented on this show. And the people that love horror do not get represented at by. They don't have a guy or a gal on this show that like, that's my beacon on The rod Ryan Show for the horror stuff. I don't feel like anybody's carrying.
Speaker 2: The torch a point person for that weird.
Speaker 1: We might find out who knows the least. Coming up, maybe we'll do a little something before we give away those Dane Cook tickets on the flip. We'll find out what's trending. We've got a reck check for you. I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: Rock and Alternative to The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five the Bus, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. All right, I'm working a little something up over here, workshopping a little something. I didn't have this plan before the show started, but we're gonna do it. We're play a little game coming up. I got a twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy, highs of around eighty seven. What's trending?
Speaker 2: Did you see your girl? The Rugby Girl.
Speaker 3: Alona mar telling a story about how the women at the nail salon were trying to like avoid this creepy guy in the nail salon. I don't know if you put that on Looking at a Girl's bog page, but I saw that, well, I saw that. I saw that yesterday. I saw it on TikTok and Instagram and I was like, that for sure is going to get Rod to put That's gonna get Rod moving on the looking at girls bog page. Also, Tom Brady, is he reacting to the just sell baby news, like cryptically because he took a picture of a sunset, posted it on Instagram and then like added the song Landslide to it, O Mirror in the Sky, What is love?
Speaker 1: I mean that everyone was looking to see Once the announcement came out, everyone went to all every social media that Tom Brady's involved in and they waited for him to post something. So of course they feel like it's related. I don't know he's known about this before us. You know that.
Speaker 2: Oh of course I have her kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, so yeah, I don't know that they're related. Maybe I just think it hit.
Speaker 3: I think it hits different when everybody knows when it's in the public eye. And speaking of the public eye, the public is taking a look at the Tatuesday feature that is our number one blog page over at links and guess so it's the tat Tuesday you're looking at girls blog page and then your sports blog page is doing a little climbing, Alex. But that's what's trending. On eighty four five of the Buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, we have some stuff to give away, but I wanted to play a game. What are we giving away?
Speaker 3: We have the Dane Cook tickets. He's going to be played by your music center Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, neither one of you two watch scary movies that often. But who's worse at it?
Speaker 2: Who's worse? I'm going to have wins, So.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have well, no, you do have to win. I'm going to have people call in. They can either take Alex or they can take Tessa. I've got main characters in horror movies. You're going to draw from the hat here the cup. You're gonna draw the name, and you're gonna tell me the movie that they're in. Okay, okay, the horror movie. Okay, and whoever does best will win their listenerket to go see Dane Cook.
Speaker 2: A bonus game, Alex little.
Speaker 1: Bonus game today in the show. Because I knew Alex wanted to have fun today on the program. Yes, yeah, he walked in and he just looked like he like, rod Let's have fun today, please. Okay, let's let's isolate what happened last night on the fields of sport and let's have fun on the field of the Rod Ryan Show. Who he knows just a little bit more than the other because they don't know neither one of them know anything about horror movies. But who knows a little more, just a little bit more than the other one about horror movie main characters seven, one, three, two, two, nine, four, five Chilli load up two people here and have him pick Alex or Tessa.
Speaker 11: Twenty Years of Mayhem in the morning, let the run Ryan Show only one, four or five the buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Lincoln Park. What I've done next hour is where you have a chance to win some Lincoln Park tickets. They're playing November eighth in Arlington. That's gonna be the Chili Brown game that we knew, that game we knew we were going to play today on the show. What we didn't know we were gonna do. I give you the villain, you give me the movie. Okay, Okay, I'm gonna give you, you're gonna pick the villain, so so I don't get bitch dat that I gave somebody easier ones we're picking, you're picking from. I've got about fourteen villains in this hat, which is a styrofoam cop.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's brave of you to assume that you won't get bitch dat by doing this.
Speaker 1: Should I go first? Sure? Alex, we're having fun today on the Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: This is so much so silly and fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's stink in fun. Let's see who we got here. Hey, they're good morning, Hey, good morning. This is the first ever I give you the villain, you give me the movie game? And who's playing for you today?
Speaker 5: Tessa?
Speaker 1: Yes, listen, I don't think either one of these are gonna do well. Although I went with really, I thought I went with very There's a couple in here that are going to be tough.
Speaker 3: Those are gonna going to be actually, Alex, I hope I get those the deciders, But.
Speaker 1: I feel like most of these are pretty easy, all right, Heather shocking taking Tessa Kyle, Good morning, Kyle, Kylie? Oh is it Kylie?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know he got a second I think it's Kyle Kyle, good morning, Hi dude, you're on team Alex, Yes, sir? Okay, bro, looks like tell you guys determined. Tessa's going first. Okay, here we go. Take just take one piece of paces for Heather. One piece. Please tell me the villain that's on your My.
Speaker 2: Villain is ghost Face.
Speaker 1: Okay, ghost Face. What I need to know is I need to know the movie scream. That is a correct answer Tessa has. Who is talking to people on the phone? Please? Okay, here we go, Alex. That was easy, right, yeah, Okay, here we go, Alex. Take an easy one. Take an easy one. Bro. What's the name of your villain? Jack Torrance, Jack Torrance. I don't know, pass Jack Torrance. Tell me the movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know Jack Torrance.
Speaker 1: All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Speaker 2: You know it's the Shining Jack Nicholson, not Torrance.
Speaker 1: His name is Jack Torrance. In the movie we're doing, the character's name ghost Face was not that actor's name that plays a rapper. Ghost Face was behind the ghost Face a tesa. I got one. Choose a villain. Please? What is your villain?
Speaker 8: Jason bourgiees Okay, tell me.
Speaker 1: The movie Friday the thirteenth. That's a correct answer. I'm killing it, Alex.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, pick kick a good one, Alex, kick a villain.
Speaker 1: Who is your villain?
Speaker 8: Norman Bates, Norman Babs, Norman Bates bro Is that's tell me the movie try I don't Bates Motel. Tell me the movie saw Oh my God, Psycho r Norman.
Speaker 1: Bates is Psycho? Come on and even did a remake of that. I never saw it. Come on, you don't have to see things to know general knowledge in this world. Here we go. All you have to do is just walk smart like me. Just walk this world Jason and scream.
Speaker 2: This one's stuff though.
Speaker 1: But you're picking. See that's why I know you're picking. Why are you picking the hard one to drop?
Speaker 2: This one's top?
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your villain? Michael Myers? What is the Movielloween? Halloween? Alex? Come on, just break the sides of the movie.
Speaker 2: Come on, dear Hannibal Lecter. That's obviously screamed two.
Speaker 1: Alex, Alex, Alex, Hannibal Lecter, what's the movie Silence of Lamb? Thank you. Welcome to the game. You're on the board.
Speaker 2: On the board, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Come on, there's still time. There's still time. They're still time, okay, Tessa, Captain Spaulding, Captain Spaulding. Oh yeah, that's named the movie.
Speaker 3: Star Trek Cursed, Castaway, Castaway.
Speaker 1: Devil's Rejects. Shout out to intern Steve O. He had him tattooed on him. That's so weird. Alex, you can do this. You can do this, bro, Come on, bro. What's the villain? Freddy Krueger, Freddy Krueger. What's the movie? Come on the Street?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Before? Three to two, first person to five? Three to two, first first person to five?
Speaker 2: What what's the name Annie Wilkes?
Speaker 1: Annie Wilkes?
Speaker 2: Is that Carrie?
Speaker 1: No? Carry is Carrie Carrie Mo?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was that her mom's name?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, Danny Wilkes.
Speaker 1: Misery so stupid you announced Misseri. You probably saw misery too, Absolutely, Cappy Bates, Yes, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Miserable is what Alex watches. Chucky is from Chucky.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the movie, isn't it Chucky?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: What's the name of the Alex Alex Prometheus? No, I don't know. Chucky is the movie Child's Play? Okay, it's called.
Speaker 2: You're almost come on, come on, running out of papers in here?
Speaker 1: What you got? What's your name? Your villain? Leather face, leather face? Okay, what's the name of the movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Speaker 13: That's correct answer, Alex, come on, come on, Alex, come on, al come on, Oh cool, Yes, Samura Morgan.
Speaker 2: That's a everybody knows.
Speaker 1: That's the ring.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that one. TESTA for the win, Tesla for the wind.
Speaker 2: There's no more paper in here.
Speaker 1: This is a cop. You gotta get this one because I'm out pinhead name. Okay, wait a minute, do you know the movie though Hell Razor winner would.
Speaker 9: First person to five?
Speaker 1: Tessa is your winner? Heather, Congratulations to Tessa's the way to go. I had my doubts.
Speaker 2: They forget the scary stuff.
Speaker 3: Go laugh, go see Dame Cook at Buy You Music Center. Congratulations, thank you, all right, my pleasure.
Speaker 1: I would say great job, but I don't I would be lying. Rod Ryan dead or alive, human or inhuman? Happy Halloween from The rod Ryan Show on ninety four to five Buck everybody with me three two to one, ninety four five the bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. It's third I blind, semi charmed, life before that an all new game show. I'll give you the villain, you give me the movie. I do you think it went? I don't know. I mean maybe tomorrow will go. I'll give you the Giants player, you give me the.
Speaker 2: Position, will give me the fly.
Speaker 1: Will that gets you excited? Heal will that gets you excited. Help your ms to a great start to your day. Alex is not twenty percent chance of rain mostly cloudy, hies up around eighty seven. Goes up to a thirty percent chance of rain. And then let's just dive into this a little bit. Here's what the experts are saying. Tomorrow's Wednesday, right, seventy five percent chance of thunderstorms. Thursday, Halloween heard of it, seventy nine percent chance of thunderstorms.
Speaker 3: Do you have a backup plan, like, do you have a rain contingency plan for this Thursday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called being stuck with a ton of candy. That's it. I mean, I think that's it. You're just I mean, I put up a a you know, I'll have the ten by ten tent a tarp you know, No, it's a ten by ten Yeah, oh, the tent up. You know when it's at the end of the shoot, because I still am using the pandemic shoot for the candy. But yeah, I mean, our kids even gonna go outside if it is raining. I don't know. Some will, some diehards will, and I'll be there for them. You know, it's Houston rainy, but it's rainy, rainy, and I don't think kids are built for rain like that, like like we were. I'm just sorry. That's what I believe to be true. Fifty five percent chance of rain on Friday, sixty two percent chance of rain. It's a very specific number. Saturday, forty three percent chance on Sunday. That's starting tomorrow, heavy chances of rain. Okay, it's our first look at Jeremy ellen White as the Boss Bruce Springsteen. No trailer, no teaser trailer, no nothing. I remember when Rammy Mallick was announced that he was going to play Freddy Mercury. I remember the exact picture they used, and it was him at the live aid sitting behind the piano, and I said, oh my god, he looks just like him. Well, I have this moment right now. I love Jeremy ellen White. He's the in the in the show The Bear. I thought it was an odd pick for him to play Bruce Springsteen. It's called the upcoming biopic. It's called Deliver Me from Nowhere. He looks like Bruce Springstein, does he It's just a picture. It's just a picture.
Speaker 2: It's it's a.
Speaker 1: Jean jacket and a flannel and it's Bruce, you know. I mean, he looks like Bruce. The clothing is obviously right on. It's all going to be how his dialogue is. And and I think and I think he's singing from what I've seen, And I love Bruce way more than Bob Dylan. But Timothy Schallomy and what he's doing in those trailers and doing his own singing. I think they should put this Bruce thing on the shelf for a year.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 2: I think Timothy is gonna blow people away.
Speaker 1: I think so too, because he's kind of blown me away.
Speaker 2: I knowing you amazing.
Speaker 1: Bob Dylan is just not my guy. I'm sorry. I know what a great lyricist he is. I just can't get over it. It's just it does. He doesn't speak to me. I know where he is on the pantheon, Okay, where he is in the canon of American music. He's up there. He's at the top. Guys, it's not for me.
Speaker 3: When I saw so this is and this is embarrassing to admit, but I first heard of Timothy Schallomey because he was dating Kylie Jenner and I go Wonker.
Speaker 2: It was after I think post but I hadn't seen it. But I hadn't seen it, and I'm like, who is this dorky as white guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah that she is dating.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, whatever, you know it's it's it's the card Jenners. They do weird stuff.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 3: Then I saw the Willy Wonka with him in it, so talented. Then I saw him in June one and two.
Speaker 1: Kid is the guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is Hollywood's guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, is do you get more excited about him or Austin Butler? Who's who's better?
Speaker 2: I love, I loved.
Speaker 3: I went to the movie theater by myself to watch the Elvis movie. I think shell May is the better actor because didn't Butler, like couldn't shake the accent right like it was kind of thought he was Elvis. That performance is unbelievable, probably my favorite movie of the year.
Speaker 1: It came out and I thought he was just as good as Rammy Mallick was in the Queen Movie. So your first look at Jeremy Ellen White as the Boss. It's on the world famous rod Ryan shopage at the Buzz dot Com. You gotta let the Boss do his part right here, Come on show. That's the best part of the song. The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz ninety four or five Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. I mean, all of jelly Roll's posts are pretty emotional, but he just put one out maybe a day two days ago. Did you see he bought a huge plot of land.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like over four hundred or five hundred acres.
Speaker 1: It was, Yeah, a massive plot of land. And I don't know exactly where it is, but you know he's there and the emotions come over him and he's, you know, talking about his family and you know everything about jelly is, you know where he came from, and it's just it's a worst to first, It's it's an unbelievable worst to first, where I know we just got done talking about movies, but grab that guy off of our Facebook page. If he can act at all, put him in the jelly Roll movie.
Speaker 2: Goodbye out our listener that dressed up like him for Halloween.
Speaker 1: The guy yesterday we had you guys posted your Halloween costumes from the weekend on our Facebook page, and some guy just nailed jelly roll perfect with a sharpie marker. That's all he needed. Yeah, and he probably won every costume contest that he went by, but no, jelly roll is a good follow up.
Speaker 2: I saw breaking generational curses. This is one of the captions I think that he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty chance of rain today, mostly cloudy, high eighty seven. Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Oh, so we're going to talk voting because early voting really is underway in most states as election day is getting closer and closer. The estimation is so far some forty two million people across the country have already cast their ballot. Officials have recorded reported record breaking early voting turnout in several swing stats, including Georgia and North Carolina. Two ballot drop box fires in Portland, Oregon in the Portland, Oregon area are under investigation. So that's kind of a you know, that's not the light tight or brightest story, but it is a big headline this morning. It's all voting those are going to be the headlines until we get to that November fifth election.
Speaker 1: Right, I feel like a superhero that I went early.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of you for going.
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 2: It literally has been slipping my mind.
Speaker 3: And then every day it comes to the seat, I'm like, you need to go vote. It just hasn't been on the top of my to do list.
Speaker 1: Election day is going to be a madhouse. Oh absolutely, I'm just it's such a relief that it's over with. It's like when you get done and you like you pay your taxes or something, You're like, oh my god, that's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There are two new lawsuits that have been filed in New York against Sean Diddy Combs, accusing him of saying two boys. A one lawsuit, filed Monday, says the alleged assault happened in two thousand and five when one of the victims was just ten years old. He said he was given a soda that was spiked with drugs. And the other suit, also filed yesterday, a man claims he was sexually assaulted by Combs in two thousand and eight when he was seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: All right, that's the serious stuff.
Speaker 3: Campbell's Soup has released its annual Thanksgiving poll for America's favorite side dishes, and a major upset.
Speaker 2: Mashed potatoes is not number one.
Speaker 3: It felt to number two this year, stuffing in its rightful number one spot.
Speaker 1: It's an easy number one for me. I have stuffing exactly one time a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I know you can have it. It's like, Rod, why don't you make it more? If you like it so much, make it more.
Speaker 2: No, it's just the process is so long.
Speaker 1: It's not hard to make it, really, isn't. It's just the fact that it's so special at Thanksgiving. Mashed potatoes come into our lives throughout the year. Stuffing doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least can be Yeah, same.
Speaker 3: You could have mashed potatoes with a steak at any restaurant, with chicken, fried chicken, whatever you're doing. My ants all get together and they make the stuffing in this huge batch and they taste it. They're saying, Okay, it needs this. It's actually not perfect yet, you know, And it's like that is the best side dish for us as well. So those stuffing mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean castrole, and then mac and cheese. Those are America's top five sides. Fifty six percent of Americans like Thanksgiving sides more than they like the entree. So turkey ham or some sort of nutloaf if you're vegan, but you like.
Speaker 2: The sides better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of people like the sides better.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: The biggest story of the day, Jasell Bunchin is having a baby, and no, not with Tom Brady, that's her ex husband, but with the jiu jitsu instructor.
Speaker 2: Apparently Okay, People Magazine is going with this.
Speaker 3: They say it's her thirty seven year old jiu jitsu instructor.
Speaker 2: His name is Joaquim Valente.
Speaker 3: They've allegedly been dating since June of twenty twenty three, although they've never confirmed it. Giselle and Tom divorce in October of twenty twenty two after thirteen years of marriage. I kind of already talked to you about Tom Brady putting on what people are calling a cryptic ig post on his story. Sources say Jaselle's at least halfway through the pregnancy and she already told Tom and the kids so they wouldn't find out from the media.
Speaker 2: Kid Rock is full on maga and Eminem.
Speaker 3: Recently endorsed Kamala Harris, but it's refreshing to know that despite their political differences, they're still friends and fellow detroit lyon fans. Kid Rock posted a video saying, I love Eminem. We've been friends for many years. I don't agree with his politics, but I do give him. It to him and people like Taylor Swift are standing up and not being afraid to be vocal for which they believe. Thinking differently and having the freedom to do so is what makes this country great. Eminem replied, quote, here is one thing Kid Rock and I do agree on. Go Lions, appreciate you, Bob. You can go check that out on the music PONK page as well. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Have they ever collabed? Have they ever worked together? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Kid Rock and Machine Gun Kelly have collapsed, of course, but that's not even like comparing apples and apples.
Speaker 1: I mean, have they those two Detroit boys ever just closed on a track?
Speaker 4: I would imagine they've done like not like music together, but it doesn't seen him stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's called f off and is kid Rock featuring Eminem?
Speaker 1: They did do something? Oh, yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It one year ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do he got over there?
Speaker 4: In the World Series, the Dodgers beat the Yankees fort two last night to take a three to zero lead in the series. They'll try and complete the sweep tonight in Game four. First pitch is at seven o eight. If you would like to watch that, you can on Fox. On Monday Night football, the Steelers beat the Giants twenty six to eighteen. Steelers had a seventy three yard punt return that was the difference in the game.
Speaker 1: If you want to watch some.
Speaker 4: College football tonight, Texas State's gonna play Louisiana at six thirty and sam Houston will take on Louisiana Tech at seven. You can watch both of those games on ESPN two and ESPN U. In basketball, the Rockets got to win last night. They got by the Spurs one oh six to one oh one. Jalen Green had thirty six points of the night's lead all players and scoring. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Mavericks on the road tomorrow night. And in soccer the MLS playoffs. Last night, Houston DYNAFC fell to the Sounders and penalties one nil. They're down one to oh in that best of three series. They're gonna play Game two on Sunday back here in Houston. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Bill l went to bed. I hope, yeah, did you wake her?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Some audio from Alex's apartment as before, I see all now, Okay.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five to buzz thirty seconds to Mars and the kill halfway part of the shot. People mostly cloudy skies today. About a twenty percent chance of rain goes up to a thirty percent chance of rain and then all hell breaks loose around here. I mean, don't get me wrong. Okay, it is much needed rain, no doubt about it. It's just the fact that there's the highest percentage of the chance of rain is coming on third. We're gonna get rained one tomorrow. Most of us are gonna get some rain tomorrow. But Thursday is the high percentage day of the rain. And that's Thursday. That's gonna be Thursday, and that's gonna be Halloween. So would I go out trick or treating in the rain? Yeah? Well, kids go out trick or treating rain. I don't know. I mean, maybe I won't have to buy anymore. I mean I've been waiting till the last minute to figure out. Okay, I'm playing this rain game for sure to figure out how much candy I need, you know, But the last thing I want to do is run out and there's a kid in the rain coming to get candy. And that kid deserves it, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you just got to start giving him your like collectibles at that point, Like here's a mic I want, Here's a golden mic, you just take it, dude, give it what.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan show t shirt man coozies coming down the Chuetah. That's like jammed. I'm rooting for all of you that are planning on going out trick or treating. I really am. I'm rooting for all of you. I want to see you. I love it. I absolutely love it. I don't want it to be spoiled by the rain, the much needed rain. There's just like no way.
Speaker 3: When we were younger, like my mom wouldn't let me go outside the house of my hair was wet, So I just don't think that I would be allowed.
Speaker 1: To we did. I waited for the bus and I had long hair, haha, and uh it froze. Yeah, my hair froze.
Speaker 2: See I lived in Corpus Christy. My hair would never freeze.
Speaker 3: And I still wasn't allowed side, Like you can't go your hair's wet.
Speaker 1: There is no correlation.
Speaker 5: What that's that?
Speaker 1: That is the that goes in the same folder as if you swallow a watermelon seed and a watermelon's gonna grow on your belly. It's the same thing that goes in the exact same folder. There is no correlation to wet hair and getting sick.
Speaker 2: Well, not in a Mexican family. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you gotta wait today exact thirty minutes after you eat, because you're gonna get cramps and die. No kid ever got cramps. We could not go in the pool after we camps. You just swim to the side of the pool, wouldn't You had to wait thirty minutes so much so that you're gonna drown immediately. My mom would. There was a timer on the old school oven and she could thirty minutes, wait, wait, thirty minutes before we went to the pool. It's a National cat Day. Sorry, I'll it's just to make things worse. Both of your team's lost. Now it's cat day, Jesus Christ, pilot on. I feel like the cat people feel like they're underserved on this show. Can we do something on social media for cat weirdos?
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll post it nine times.
Speaker 1: I probably shouldn't call you a weirdos cat. We don't have to look at it, Chillie, did you have any plans today to have people drop a picture of them and their cat or just their cat on our Facebook page today? Would that be a nice thing to do? Would that be a good will gesture to the cat folks?
Speaker 9: I would, But we're having Facebook issues.
Speaker 1: Are you in Facebook jail again?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What does he even do in there? What are you doing?
Speaker 9: I guess they don't want to know the truth, so the truth is too much for them, so they banned me.
Speaker 1: Chili's got his own truth social going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you really? Are you really banned on Facebook? I appealed it.
Speaker 9: It's been a week. So is that looking too good?
Speaker 1: You're gonna take us all down with you? Well?
Speaker 9: They already took my Instagram and Facebook?
Speaker 1: So is he not looking good? These are your personal accounts?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then what happens is Chili's like the head administrator of all the rod Ryan Show stuff.
Speaker 9: They don't want me to eat, bro.
Speaker 1: So now we get ding for hanging out with you, great troublemaker. Yeah, I mean be a bubble maker, not a troublemaker.
Speaker 9: I mean, I'm gonna start putting pictures of cats. Maybe that'll get me in they're good graces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, try it, dude, Oh you can't.
Speaker 1: The stuff I'm said to you is all family friendly cat pictures.
Speaker 9: Tell that to the standard people at Facebook.
Speaker 2: They think it's not not like new stuff either. It's like from ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're bastards, they really are.
Speaker 9: That's when I was in my hip hop days.
Speaker 1: All right, well, happy cat day everyone. Listen? Are you still in your chili brown Era for Halloween? I mean, can we can we get one more round? Please?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: But if you want to watch it, you go watch it on the YouTube channel, the rod Ryan Show YouTube channel, because the Facebook's down.
Speaker 1: You can't even get on Facebook line.
Speaker 9: Well because it was linked to my account, so it won't I won't be able to scream it there.
Speaker 1: Can I do it? Uh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But am i am? I an admin on The rod Ryan Show stuff.
Speaker 2: So I really hope you can do it.
Speaker 1: Do I have any power on the rod Ryan Show?
Speaker 9: Crap nut? You down't because you probably removed me now, yeah, you're the only one that can remove people.
Speaker 1: All right? Could I can you do something where I will sign in so we can go on Facebook Live.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let me go look on the okay, on the restreaming thing.
Speaker 1: All right, Chili Brown game coming up. I want people to be able to see this. But you you said we are up and running on uh on YouTube right now? Yeah?
Speaker 9: YouTube the only one that's running.
Speaker 1: You haven't gotten a stick off of YouTube yet.
Speaker 9: I haven't. I don't even mess with YouTube anymore because I'm scared it.
Speaker 1: Just why we're not kicked off?
Speaker 9: Yeah all right, I mean if they show my face is probably gonna kick it out.
Speaker 1: Jolly Brown game coming up for Lincoln Park tickets after the break. Plus, I'll work on getting us on the Facebook Live.
Speaker 6: Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five, The.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show on a tat Tuesday. Well, today's rain is quite mild twenty percent chance of rain today, mostly cloudy. Eighty seven will be the high. It goes up to a thirty percent chance of rain tonight, and then the rest of the days this week all high chances of rain, with your most chance of getting wet being Thursday Halloween. What's running.
Speaker 3: I think McDonald's has been in the news cycle for the past week or so because of that Ecalie outbreak, But there is a pretty interesting story about how their mcfluurry machines, their ice cream machines, were always broken, and we kind of know why now because there was this company called Taylor. That company had the exclusive rights to repair them, so they couldn't just call up anyone and say, hey, our.
Speaker 2: Machines broke it. You know, it's been the butt of so many jokes.
Speaker 3: The US Copyright Office just granted an exemption, so now third party companies can repair those mcflurry ice cream machines at McDonald's, So, you know, now their machine problem may be.
Speaker 2: A little solved. I don't know. I don't know about that. I don't have an eco EE update, but.
Speaker 3: I do know the reasoning behind the machines always constantly needing to be serviced.
Speaker 2: That's I thought that was pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Also JP Morgan Chase. Remember these customers that were doing this hack. They're like, hey, all you have to do is write yourself a check, deposited it at Chase, and then you.
Speaker 2: Know, boom, you can just spit out some money.
Speaker 5: What could go?
Speaker 1: There's no such thing. There's no such thing as free money. Yeah, it doesn't exist. There's not free money.
Speaker 3: So now JP Morgan Chase is suing the customers who stole money through from ATMs, through that method that went viral on social media.
Speaker 2: It was called the Infinite Money glitch.
Speaker 1: Yep. And this isn't one of those whoopsies like Alex would say, well that's your fault. No, it's stealing. You've stolen from them and they're gonna come after you.
Speaker 3: And then millions of dollars are going to hurricane relief in western North Carolina.
Speaker 2: If you didn't know, I mean, this isn't really our genre.
Speaker 3: But there was a star studded concert and Charlotte were close to twenty five million dollars was raised.
Speaker 2: It was over the weekend. You had Luke Combs, you had Eric Church.
Speaker 3: You had James Taylor, Ryl Crow Keith Urban All among the performers. There were eighty two thousand fans that showed up. It was in the rain, so they had to brave the rain. It was the largest crowd in the stadium's history. And the funds will be split between several nonprofits. So that's what's trending on eighty four five of us.
Speaker 1: All right, say giving that music man? All right, if we're gonna watch the Great Chili Brown in action, you're gonna have to go to our YouTube page, which we should be promoting that more. Anyways, at least Alex tells me that we should be promoting our YouTube page. Everything's at Rod Ryan's show, and we are. You can see us in studio. Chili's in Facebook jail, airgo. We're all in Facebook jail now because of Chili. Thank you, thanks Chili. But yeah, go to YouTube if you want to watch. And then why don't you call in? And I need three players to come on down and play the Chili Brown game. He is going to be doing his last Where did the season go? It's the last Halloween Chili Brown game of the year. Just like that, He's done after today. Candy Corn go in the mouth. He reads from It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. You guess how many candy corner in his yapper while he's reading, and you could win Lincoln Park tickets for their show November eighth. In ouron three of You at seven, one three, two, one two five.
Speaker 11: The rod Right Show Celebrating twenty years ninety four to five.
Speaker 1: The Bus ninety four five, The Bus, p Roach and Scars brod Ryan Show Tattouesday. I hope you've had a chance to get into the rod Ryan Show Cares online store that's right next to tat Tuesday links and guests today on the rod Ryan Show blog page. I hope you've had a chance to get to the store. Tomorrow is going to be payday. Now there's thirty one days, so Tomorrow Thursday, I'll beat you up a little bit because that'll be some paid. That'll be payday for many people. So Thursday and Friday, it's gonna be my last big push in the store. So I'm pushing you right now. If you haven't been in for the rod Ryan Show Cares Online store, all of our boobs rock merchandise guy just emailed me said, Briday just got my koozies in I'm like, yeah, that's awesome, awesome, wear those koozies proudly, or at least let your beers or whatever everage you put in those, let that beverage where those coozies proudly and knowing that you've helped us out. All the money goes to m d Anderson for breast cancer research. There's Chili Brown.
Speaker 9: What's what's up, dude?
Speaker 1: Troublemaker, always a trouble maker, but now Redbell without a call, recognized by Mark Zuckerberg as public Enemy number one. Yeah, okay, okay, which knocks us off of Instagram too, because it's all meta. Great, what do you just you hate meta? I do now? Okay? You play nice? Okay. Chili's in Facebook jail, Instagram jail, is it? He's in all the Jeffs.
Speaker 9: They should have like a Bell's bond or something like that for Facebook.
Speaker 1: Let's say hi to Mike. Maybe Mike can help us. Mike, Good morning, Martin. Hey are you calling about the Chili Brown game? All right? You know he's gonna do his final Halloween reading this morning. He's gonna read from a various page in the book. It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown and uh, he's gonna have some candy corn in his mouth. You're gonna have to tell me how many are in there? Okay, you got it? Okay, brouh, I need you to hang on. That's uh, it's Mike, everybody. He's the first guy to come on down and play the game today. I got your money. There you go, fans, love your money.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: My screen it says dig No, no, it says Digno.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: What's your name? Okay, welcome dude. Uh, good to have you on the Chili Brown Game. You're going to be guessing second okay today, okay, bro, good to have you on last, but not lease. Hey, Tony, wan't you come on down and uh and play the Chili Brown Game with us?
Speaker 16: Hi?
Speaker 1: Tony, Hey there, that's good energy this morning. I got Mike, I got Digno, and I got Tony. Tony, you're gonna be kind of bitting or guessing last today on the Chili Brown Game. My man, Chili, you look a little sad. You're said that Halloween this is the last Halloween.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I'm just kind of sad about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, if you would please don't eat. I told miss Christina you are not eating these candy corn you can please choke? Okay, candy corn in the mouth.
Speaker 8: Please?
Speaker 1: Here we go test it? What page let's go with eight?
Speaker 5: Page eight is great?
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, you're acting like you're shocked at well how they taste.
Speaker 2: It's like the fourth week eats like one to day.
Speaker 1: I do eat one when we play this game. I don't know why my mouth doesn't taste like as enough right now, let me take a candy corn.
Speaker 9: Okay, chili?
Speaker 1: Page eight? Please, if we get you doing a little reading, that'd be great.
Speaker 16: Oh as a witch, slow down with wa witch witch, which the W was actually pretty enunciated.
Speaker 17: Well, God, Salary Brown is as a ghost, but no one can tell what he is't supposed to be because he has some trouble with decisions.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's got the extra holes. He's got the holes all. He's got holes all.
Speaker 9: Over the place.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 9: Sally is a dress as a ghost and those swoller.
Speaker 1: Oh, Schroder made an appearance on this page, good one. Could you get that line again? Okay?
Speaker 9: Sally as a ghost and throws thrower.
Speaker 1: He nails Schroeder got it.
Speaker 18: They figured out how they use decisions just fine. Big Bang is as a ghost through everyone can tell which ghost he is because of a cloud of dust surrounds them.
Speaker 5: And scene everyone with the ghosts.
Speaker 2: If Lucy's a.
Speaker 1: Witch, I think I feel like Lucy was. They were all ghosts. Maybe Lucy had the green witch face on except as a witch, except for Snoopy being a flying ace. There really wasn't a wide variety of costumes back then. But you gotta go back to the sixties. I gotta go back to Schroeder. You gonna go back to the sixties. Was everybody running around in nineteen sixty seven sixty eight as ghosts?
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a spirit Halloween.
Speaker 1: No, But there were costumes I think, other than ghosts. But hey, listen, they got it done. It's a classic Chilli A great job. I thought that was a wonderful reading this morning. Thank you the audience, chiefs, audience loved it. Guys. Let's go over to Mike. Hey, Mike, good morning.
Speaker 5: Yeaes sir, that was page eight.
Speaker 1: It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. How many candy corn in Chili's mouth? I go thirty one, thirty one candy corn. Mike is in for thirty one. All right, hang on, bro, Digno, dig now, hey, dig.
Speaker 15: No, Mike.
Speaker 1: Mike thought there was thirty one candy corn in Chili Brown's mouth. How many candy corn? What is your guests? Oh, and I'm gonna say thirty five. Thirty five person that comes closest without going over will be the winner today. It's a big prize too. It's a big prize. Hey, Tony, Hey, hey, Tony. Chili Brown just did a wonderful reading of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. Mike said there was thirty one candy corn in his mouth. Digno said, thirty five person that comes closest without going over will be today's winner. What is your guess on the candy corn count this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to go with the obvious move.
Speaker 1: Two thirty two. Okay, that's Tony dick move or playing the game? Playing the game right? And why do you play the game? You play to win unless you're the Giants and the Yankees. Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, actual candy corn in downtown Chili Brown today, Dick move gets it. It was thirty four. Who it was thirty three? He guessed thirty two, one under from nailing it. The person that came closest without going over was Tony. Congratulations, Tony, well done, Thank you, thank you. This is the worst part of the game where Chili exits the candy corn exits his mouth. I'm glad you're not eating him.
Speaker 9: Don't show the canon.
Speaker 1: What are you giving Tony?
Speaker 2: No, that's just all right, Tony. I'm gonna get you a.
Speaker 3: Parent tickets to see Lincoln Park. They're playing Globe white Field in Arlington. Yeah, hell yeah, congratulations. Show's going down to remember eighthing. Do you want it playing?
Speaker 1: Tu Le Brown?
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not looking, just like real corn. It's not looking. It's just like real corn, not looking.
Speaker 9: You'll love it like pumpkin spice corn.
Speaker 1: Speaking of pumpkin spice price is right tomorrow on the show. And then I don't know do we go into a fall mix because there is the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, there's the Charlie Brown Christmas Book. So I don't know. We got to have some sort of a meeting on this.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Probably great job Mike and Digno.
Speaker 1: You guys were close, but Tony was just one candy corn away and he gets to win today. Charlie Brown, everybody, Chili show Brown, I'm not what a great reading with Schroeder in there too.
Speaker 11: Man Rock Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Here we go ninety four or five. The Buzz just gave away a pair of tickets to go see Lincoln Park November eighth. Arlington. Tickets are still available to my knowledge, I know we're giving them away all week Chilly Brown game. So where does he put them tomorrow? Probably? I know the show. I would think if you're looking for those Lincoln Park tickets, if you want to make the drive up there to Arlington today, I know the show Ghosts. Those tickets don't go on sale until Friday. We announced that show yesterday at nine o'clock, and then Ghost kind of has everything out there now. So you can also see all the ghost information on the music blog page today, lots of stuff on the music blog page all right. Today, twenty percent chance of rain during the today goes up to a thirty percent chance tonight, and then tomorrow boom the deluge that there's gonna be all kinds of rain all throughout the weekend. Best chance of rain is coming on Thursday, Halloween. We'll keep you posted on all of that, but right now, Tessa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Vice President Kamla here as a major speech plan for today in the nation's capital. It's just a week ahead of election day and estimated twenty thousand people are expected to gather at the ellipse near the White House to hear what organizers are calling Harris's closing argument to voters. Meanwhile, former President Trump is scheduled to hold what's being billed as a news conference this morning from mar Lago. Later in the day, he's heading off to the key swing state of Pennsylvania. Here in Houston, the Harris County District Attorney announced criminal charges against five people accused of participating in a teacher certification cheating scheme that allowed unqualified teachers to work in local school districts. The district attorney was joined by the Felony chief of the Harris County District Attorney's Office of Public Corruption Division.
Speaker 2: This is all for the news conference.
Speaker 3: So a high school coach from Booker t Washington was identified as kingpin in a million dollar cheating scheme, so like they would falsify credentials to secure teaching positions for individuals who did not have certain requirements. This is according to the DA's office. So court documents show an estimated four hundred and thirty tests were taken fraudulently and more than two one hundred and ten unqualified teachers were certified during this scheme. Those teachers are now practicing or practiced at Texas public.
Speaker 2: Schools and in districts across the entire state.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it goes pretty I mean, it gets into detail who the organizers are. They have the suspects that are charging the schemes. They've all been identified. Ones an assistant principal, there's a former director. There's a boys basketball coach. There's a test proctor who is alleged to have taken bribes to allow people to act as a text testing proxy. There's an assistant principle. I mean, this thing goes deep and it is pretty scandalous. We already know there's a teacher shortage. This might have something to do with this can make it worse. Yeah, absolutely, absolutely so big story today in Houston.
Speaker 2: We're all watching scary movies this week, right.
Speaker 1: No, okay, no, I'm not. I just I don't enjoy them. That's not fun for me. Well, okay, it's like eating really hot spicy food. It's not fun.
Speaker 5: What about.
Speaker 2: Like Hubie's Halloween.
Speaker 1: There's Halloween themed stuff, yes, but the stuff that makes you poop your pants. I stay away from that.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about the subgenres of Halloween movies. Okkay, psychological horror, you're probably gonna be out on that.
Speaker 2: Do you didn't like those Silence of the Lamb Misery. I enjoyed those.
Speaker 1: I saw those movies.
Speaker 2: But you didn't enjoy them?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. They're great movies.
Speaker 3: According to the poll, that's the most popular sub genre except is you might be in this comedic horror.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like a little laughs in there. SHAWNA The Living Dead. I never saw that Return of the Living Dead. Love that movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go. I got fifty percent of the vote here in the polls.
Speaker 3: Supernatural horror came in third these I think you're out on conjuring the Exorcist no.
Speaker 1: Way, hose, Yeah, you know what to half for you. The Exorcist came out in the seventies.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 1: They did a bunch of exit interviews back in the day of people that saw it for the first time.
Speaker 5: You got to.
Speaker 1: Realize the Exorcist was the craziest thing that people had ever seen at that time. Oh yeah, go check out three things you must see today, just for the fashion, for the questioning, for everything. But it's younger people coming out of the Exorcist talking about what they just saw. Nobody ever saw a headspin around three sixty before, and the exit interviews are amazing today. Three things you must see, You must see it?
Speaker 3: Okay, So go look at what America voted on on their subgenres of horror movies, and they were also asked what their favorite type of.
Speaker 1: Scary movie was.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, do you have a favorite celebrity chef and you survey of two thousand people revealed America's favorite is Gordon ramsay forty percent of the vote. There, He's followed by Rachel Ray who got thirty one percent. Bobby Flay got twenty eight percent. Rounding out the top five is a tie between Martha Stewart and r Lagassi with twenty six percent.
Speaker 2: Is not his outrage? Yeah what pad molesh Me was snubbed.
Speaker 1: But even more so how could you really not include Guy Fieri on this? And I know my question says it weird.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anytime that that Diners, Dive, Ins and Drives is on, I'll give.
Speaker 2: It a watch.
Speaker 1: But is he has he become Nickelback?
Speaker 9: Not to me.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of his charm.
Speaker 1: Is his all the time?
Speaker 3: No, it's like his refusal to you know, dye his hair in normal color and stop spiking it. He's always wearing like some big chain, this big biker jewelry.
Speaker 2: I think it's part of his charm.
Speaker 1: But the thing that ruined Nickelback was the constant airplay and the hit after hit after hit. He's on five shows and they run them NonStop.
Speaker 2: Well that if you're watching Food Network all day, That's why I'm.
Speaker 3: Asking, my gosh, all they talk about is food will change a channel Like, No, it's.
Speaker 2: Not oversat rate.
Speaker 1: His shows are on all the time. I think they're all good. I'm just trying to figure out why he's not on the list. It doesn't make any sense to me. He's got to be a top five guy. I mean, Rachel Ray, what is she doing?
Speaker 2: I think these are just like this is like more of an old school list. You know, all right, let's talk about Corn.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for some new swag and you like Adidas, Halloween's going to be your lucky day. Corn and Adidas have announced they're releasing the third round of shirts, shoes, hoodies, and socks inspired by Corn. The new merch is going to be available on both their websites and it's a safe bet that it'll sell out pretty quickly, So.
Speaker 2: Just get ready.
Speaker 3: This is the third drop of part of the thirtieth anniversary celebrations for Corn's debut album.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's.
Speaker 1: Headline, alex Hu sports Well.
Speaker 4: In the World Series, the Dodgers beat the Yankees forts to you last night to take a three to zero lead in that series. They're gonna try and complete the sweep tonight in Game four, first pitched at seven oh eight.
Speaker 1: You can watch it on Fox if that's what you want to do.
Speaker 4: On Monday Night football, the Steelers beat the Giants twenty six to eighteen.
Speaker 2: Steelers had seventy three pun seventy three yard punt return.
Speaker 4: That was the difference in that one. You can watch the college football tonight if you want to do that too. Texas State's gonna play Louisiana at six thirty and sam UIs will take on Louisiana Tech at seven. You can watch both of those games on ESPN two and ESPN U. In basketball, Rockets got a win last night. They got by the Spurs one of six to one oh one, Jalen Green at thirty six points in the night to lead all players and scoring. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Mavericks on the road tomorrow night. And in soccer, Houston Dynamd of FC fell to the Sounders and penalties one nothing. They're now down one to oh in that best of three series. They're gonna play game two on Sunday back here in Houston. That is what's going on in Sports Houston.
Speaker 1: And The rod Ryan Morning Show six Am, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. That's the Offspring. Why don't you get a job? All right? It's Tap Tuesday. That's our feature today, our Instagram feature. Make sure you go and you check that out. Rod Ryan shokeres online store, Jazelle having a baby with the jiu Jitsu instructor. All of that sports blog page. Believe it or not. The kid came in and did put up a sports blog page today, as much as he hated doing that. It's not having a good time with his New York teams over here.
Speaker 2: Straight up bummed out.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about him like he's not standing right there, well because.
Speaker 2: He's he's in morning, shouldn't be yet. And he didn't win that game that you made up.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a game that we played a new game today on the show. There's that going on. Chile's in Facebook jail, so I kind of had to take the reins a little bit. I put this up there this morning. I'll tell you how I got everyone started on this my question this morning on Facebook. Think about it before you just shout something out. Okay, I know you can't dunk a basketball. What's something so simple yet you are horrible at it? I started people off with wrapping presents. I can't. I haven't advanced since fourth grade. However, I wrapped presents, and how I write in cursive hasn't advanced since fourth grade. The cursive writing and the UH and the wrapping. They have solutions for both of those.
Speaker 2: They have typing and then just regular writing, and then.
Speaker 1: They also have gift backs, gift bags. Yeah, a big gift bag guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are all You're always bringing a bid with the gift bag, but you can reuse it.
Speaker 1: You're gotta wrap some presence. If you give away a lot of presents. You just can't bag everything. You gotta rags, gotta do some rapping. You gotta do some rapping. I do anyways, and it just doesn't look good. Wrap. It never looks good, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm really bad with directions. Directions Directions like.
Speaker 3: Like I could go somewhere, we just get there, and I immediately like start walking the wrong way I'm supposed to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know people that don't know what direction to go, backing out of their driveway.
Speaker 2: GPS like broke everybody's brains. I think you got Sarah lant on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm most true.
Speaker 2: I guess along line that I'm bad at, Like if you're like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just head northwest on this, and I don't know what that means. I know that northwest is the direction. I have no clue where I'm going right now.
Speaker 15: If my gut says go right, I know where I need to be as no, I need to go left if everything in my being is saying go right, I'm like, it's definitely left.
Speaker 1: Then this comes up all the time with my neighbors. I'm decent at directions. I'm not great at it. I'm decent enough, and like you said, GPS, you know you lean on that, but I'm okay. I can't stand in my yard and point the things in the heights. I can't stand like like I'll like, yeah, over here, and you're like you mean over here, Rob, Like the bar is the complete opposite way. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, like where is my kids school? And I don't point the right direction from standing at my front yard. I cannot do it.
Speaker 4: We'll be like, oh, it's like that restaurant that's right over there, and it's like that's across the street.
Speaker 1: Nope, not there at all.
Speaker 2: Let me do that in this room all the time. Okay, never close.
Speaker 1: Because we are on an inside cabin.
Speaker 5: Where are we?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: Where am I facing? Right now? Where am i am I facing? Six tens?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know what am I facing? What are you facing?
Speaker 2: Six tens behind you?
Speaker 1: Six ten behind Rod?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're kidding me, I swear maybe no, if it's you, dude, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I don't know that. Just so tester behind. Here's what they're saying on our Facebook page. What the question is? What's something? What is something so simple yet you're so horrible at this came up a couple of times. Rolling the rs. Either can do it or you can't. Either you either can or can't. If you were born in Hispanic, you can.
Speaker 2: If you were a gringo like myself, you can't.
Speaker 5: You can.
Speaker 1: You can roll your rs?
Speaker 2: Good, you could do it.
Speaker 10: I can do it.
Speaker 9: Here's what I can do.
Speaker 1: I can do it on its own. If it's just a standalone I can't. You think I can incorporate that in a word. No, I cannot. I can do that all day.
Speaker 2: Part of my I have eighteen hours in my last name. I kind of had to learn.
Speaker 1: But I cannot weave in and out of salables with the rolling R. I can just do a singular rolling R.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 1: Let's see. Parallel parking came up a lot. There are grown ass adults, There are grown ass adults walking around that cannot whistle, And there are grown ass adults which I cannot believe this, And my kid's not going to be one of them ride a bicycle. There are grown people that can't do these things.
Speaker 3: My girlfriend on Ell literally like within the last two years or learned to ride a bicycle.
Speaker 9: Why what was going on?
Speaker 5: Never learned?
Speaker 1: And then she grew up in.
Speaker 2: New York City and then she crashed when she was little, so she just stayed away.
Speaker 1: She like was never interested in it.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, dude, let's go ride by, just go to the bayou. She goes okay, she goes okay, there's just one thing.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't really. It was when I was dating Will my big ASSX wait for I go, we will teach you. I go, We'll literally catch you. He will do that. And she was like, hmm okay, And then she called me that she said, Hey, I learned to ride a bike. My my friend taught me.
Speaker 1: I told you. A friend of mine, uh married a gal from India and when they came to visit me here. The first time she was ever in a swimming pool was at my house, forty years old. Never be in a swim she'd never been in a swimming pool. Can you imagine how freaked out you would be with water all around you and she was very brave. You could you could see the terror in her, like what I'm gonna be up to my neck in water? But he likes it's just not.
Speaker 2: A ton of swimming pools in India.
Speaker 1: I don't know, isn't it. I don't know water, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Don't ask me. And the the geography quize good.
Speaker 1: At everything was up? What is something so simple yet you're horrible at I'm I'm asking for a little vulnerability here. I'm asking you to show you're softer outside that we would learn something about you today, because I know you don't rap gifts.
Speaker 9: No, can you hula hoop? I used to not anymore.
Speaker 1: I never could hula hoop. I don't know what the hip thing is mine? Lie all day. I cannot hula hoop. And again, that's not the same thing as dunk in a basketball. A hula hoop. Everyone can pick one up and try it. I can't do it.
Speaker 9: I guess it would be uh well, that'd be falling over on discipline. Just eating right, eating healthy, like simple though sneaking through eating healthy.
Speaker 1: I don't know that that's simple. Just set a diet like it seems simple. It's not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but having like the dedication to stick to.
Speaker 1: It is what I lack. Somebody cannot tie balloons after they're blown up.
Speaker 2: That learn, Yeah, that was hard.
Speaker 1: That's a tough skill.
Speaker 5: I have to do that.
Speaker 1: If my kid's with me, if she goes with me to any sort of a doctor appointment, or if she goes with me to get my testosterone shot, we have to play keep it uppy. You know what that is. You blow up, you blow up one of the examination gloves and then you just you just you know, the balloon game, the balloon game, keep it up. It is so hard to blow I mean, it's easy to blow up those those thin gloves, but tying it off is brutal because it's not gonna like the balloon type hard. It sucks.
Speaker 4: It's like wide and then you're losing air in it while you're doing it. I absolutely get you.
Speaker 1: It's the whole wrist area and you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna like pull too much and then rip the glove and then you start all over again, and now you've gone through fourteen gloves.
Speaker 1: They're like, what do you got a glove problem?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was friends with somebody that absolutely could not shuffle cards. They when it came to their turn. They did that kid thing where you just mid if you just sprawled them out on the table and you mix them up and then you just put them back in a pile. They could not shuffle cards. They never were taught that skill, which is it's easy. Once you do it, you do it. But they couldn't shuffle cards.
Speaker 4: I never go into a sports camp as like as a little kid. It was like one of the only summer camps. There was like a day camp, and like in lunch you could play cards, and there was a kid that sucked at it and he got made fun of so much that day.
Speaker 1: And I went home and I like learned how to do it great at shuffling cards. But I can do it fine.
Speaker 2: Oh we gambled, my my family gambled at like parties, so I can. I can actually shuffle some cards.
Speaker 1: Somebody wrote down applying eyeshadow doing anything while someone is watching.
Speaker 2: You doing makeup is hard, like if you don't have a tutorial.
Speaker 15: Like once I got into the news business, like I had to get a.
Speaker 3: Consultant to help me. I would just put everything all over my face, like I didn't.
Speaker 15: Know it's gonna be good, Like yeah, sure, I'll put as much as I can.
Speaker 2: I've got to look great if I just put as much as I can on.
Speaker 1: I was reminded this morning, and we'll wrap this up, what is something so simple yet you're horrible at I was reminded that they're not called simple boil eggs. They're called hard boiled eggs. People cannot boil a damn egg. Just leave it in right, here's what you do. This is the hat. The hat. Okay, eggs in the pot, cover them with water, put it on the oven, bring it to a boil, turn it off, put the lid on it. Seven eight minutes. You got a perfect egg.
Speaker 19: I just thought you perfects bubbling and you're like, good, no problem, never had a problem doing that. I mean you must be letting it roll in that boil for a while. Just letting that water get to a boil.
Speaker 1: Is not enough. Yeah, when it's boiling, you're cooking. Once it starts rolling, you turn it off, put a lid on it. Seven minutes you're locked in to a perfect boiled egg and not one that's.
Speaker 2: Like hard to peel.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you over boil them and then they like they you're peeling away all the all the.
Speaker 1: Good stuff folding fitted sheets came up. Boilding fitted sheets is really pancakes. I'll say this, gambling seems simple, but it is non simple. Okay, back to the pancake thing. It was told to me, like your marriage. Don't be afraid to throw away the first pancake.
Speaker 20: Hey, ninety four five, The Buzz has your chance now to win one thousand dollars. Enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Bank that's bank. Enter it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars in alternative income. From ninety four to five, The Buzz Houston's Rock and Alternatives.
Speaker 9: And The rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 1: Show six at ten am. The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. We're gonna leave you what So we got Ghost tickets for you, right yeah, Ghost August sixteen, Toyota Center. Those are given away. I know the show, so good luck. I hope you're getting after that alternative income. I have yet to hear about a local thousand dollars winner. I hope you guys trying for that cash. All right. Alex, Hello, Hi Alex, Hello al Alex, appreciate you coming in here with a smile on your face. Okay, none of that happened. I appreciate you coming in today with a good attitude. I didn't have it, I guess. I appreciate you just coming in.
Speaker 14: Line.
Speaker 5: It's Alex Online.
Speaker 1: Have a little fun today on the air. We're having a good time, best time. What are you doing today with your aol? Trying to keep Halloween themed all throughout? All right, Thursday, at least this week. Today's say, Well, you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Be looking at celebrities in their Halloween costumes and seeing if you can guess who the celebrity is in the costume.
Speaker 1: So I wonder if they use Heidi Klum. She's the best. I'm waiting the best at it to see.
Speaker 4: What she is.
Speaker 1: She's the Queen of Halloween, so go check it out.
Speaker 2: I don't really want to give away any spoilers.
Speaker 1: You know what I say is a sub queen of Halloween. Megan the Stallion. Oh, she loves Halloween, loves it, but she's more like titties out and stuff like that. You can tell it's her, That's what Halloween's about. Well, honey, Klob, you can't tell it's her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, her titties are out every other day, so Halloween's different.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna check you out see if you can tell who these celebrities are in their Halloween costumes.
Speaker 19: The Wilcome as rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot Com twenty years of Mayhem in the.
Speaker 11: Morning with The Rod Ryan Show only ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: The Bus four or five, The Buzz Shine Down, Dead, Don't Die rod Ryan Show Tattooesday. It's a great one.
Speaker 7: This girl.
Speaker 1: You know, we all have that. We all know that person that's kind of halloweeny all year round gothic. Maybe you just maybe it's a goth person, but this is their season, right this check tattooy the whole awesome great feature today. You know what, I want to thank the person that sent that in. Good morning, brother rod and family. I have the perfect girl for tetch Tuesday, especially with Halloween coming up. I hope you're able to use her. Keep all the great work y'all do, and thanks for being the best radio station ever to such a truck driver, Carlos. Thank you, Carlos. Awesome feature today that's on links and guests. When you get some time, I'm gonna go run to it right now. There's a new kind of mixed martial arts movie that's out. I thought this was a joke. I thought it was a Sharknado situation, which you know Shark Nado. We all thought that was a joke at first, and then they told us that they're really making a movie about a tornado with a bunch of sharks in it. So just stick with me. Think UFC mixed martial arts movie. And it takes place in Jerusalem, and the coach is Jesus. Finally mixed martial arts.
Speaker 2: And Jesus, I thought Jesus and turned the other cheek the.
Speaker 1: Movie poster. This is a real movie. The movie poster. The King of the Ring meets the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ is an MMA coach in Jerusalem. I thought it was fake. I watched the trailer this morning.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Looks pretty good. Looks pretty good, Like who better in your corner?
Speaker 4: Jesus?
Speaker 2: Like you think you're losing, al that it's the best.
Speaker 5: No way.
Speaker 2: You're gonna question him a lot.
Speaker 1: Probably religion and MMA fighting. How did it take this long, Alix?
Speaker 2: And then you'll come out victorious? How did it take this long. I hope his rivals a lot.
Speaker 1: It opens Friday. This isn't even something like their workshopping. It's done. I've got the trailer for you, the poster.
Speaker 2: It's all on links and yesterday rights itself.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like a gladiator, you know, Jesus. I'm not complaining, but I am just a service to our listeners that we are falling back on the clocks. Okay, scoring that extra hour of sleep. Yeah man, yeah, man, we'll get an extra hour of sleep.
Speaker 9: I love it, rod, I love it.
Speaker 1: I love when it gets dark at dinner's. You need more Jesus in your life. But watch that trailer, so carpet something all right. So daylight savings, daylight saving Time ends in the very early hours this Sunday, November three. You get the extra hour of sleep. That's such a lot. We saw such a score for so many of you out there, sweet, but we do know that that falling back can still disrupt our health. Okay, it's facts are facts, just like when crazy people come out when there's a full moon. Those are facts. Cardiovascular disease, heart attacks, all increase the risk of motor vehicle accidents. You're like Rod, it's an hour. I don't know. People can't handle it.
Speaker 2: I thought when we sprung forward, this happens. This happens both times falling back.
Speaker 1: It's dangerous. It's dangerous because it interferes You're right, it does happen the other way too. Anything that interferes with people's normal sleep patterns. They don't know how to put one foot in front of the other.
Speaker 2: Well, we literally are creatures of habit. So even though even if you think it doesn't affect you, Rod, watch, you're gonna come and wearing two different shoes or something weird.
Speaker 1: Chili's done that before. Chili's come in here with two different shoes. Now the end of daylight saving time, people report winter blues, seasonal depression known as seasonal effective disorder, which is also called SAD.
Speaker 2: What are we living in the north?
Speaker 1: What do we do? Get some natural sunlight in the morning. Do what you can? They make those light box therapy lamps and things like that. Oh yeah. Exercise is clutch during this time of.
Speaker 2: Year, especially the demons.
Speaker 1: Exercise the demons because it's Halloween, an actual exercise and getting your cardiovascular boosting your mood and your serotolain levels that too, okay, and especially if you can do it outside. One of these days, it's going to cool off around here, okay, But be aware of the red flags of seasonal depression, like not wanting to do things that you usually do, or you're normally that you enjoy doing, but you just don't seem to be doing. I mean, Chili has permanent seasonal effective disorder.
Speaker 2: What's going on with him?
Speaker 1: It's called NAP NAP. Oh yeah, that's that nap part of it.
Speaker 9: I got appy.
Speaker 1: I gotta get you outside. You gotta get some natural sunlight. I can't I do get enough, but I can't have you slipping further down. Oh, I gotta have you. I gotta get you more active.
Speaker 9: Can my muscles need to recoup? Yeah yeah, I mean it's take it to be every day I get up and walk.
Speaker 1: I didn't see you in the gym yesterday.
Speaker 9: Oh I've been going to plenty of fitness Yeah okay, okay, I've been going to the one.
Speaker 1: And Katie, you abandoned me downstairs on floor six.
Speaker 2: I mean then he had the equipment that I like, equipment for every work out.
Speaker 1: Enough weight, he needs those, he needs those. Hondo dumbbells. He's changed, you know what.
Speaker 9: Just then you have like the like the chess machine for the pets, like the pet flies.
Speaker 2: No one moves those packs more than choles to get.
Speaker 1: Those pecks popping.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I gotta get them pumping, you know, So that way the ladies will be like, oh my god, I could do that too.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's all help each other out to avoid the winter blues. When the clocks fall.
Speaker 2: Back, don't impress me. Do you need to win for Alex?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 21: This November three, the clock strikes two am and keeps going backwards. What will you do with your extra sixty minutes?
Speaker 5: Sleep?
Speaker 21: Or face the terrifying truth you're still late for work. Daylight saving time fall back coming to clocks near you.
Speaker 1: Out The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five The Buzz or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Chili Peppers. You knew that, hop You're off to a great start to your day. One of the things that I had a problem with today On Links and Guests, this was America's Favorite celebrity chef's list. I love Bobby Flay. I don't really watch a lot of Gordon Ramsey. I do like I watched Hell's Kitchen when it first came out, and then that was it. I gave up on it early on. Number one was Gordon Ramsey. Number two is Rachel Ray, followed by Bobby Flay, Martha Stewart, and Emerald Legassi. Love Emerald too, just hasn't. I haven't seen him a lot lately. My question today was like, how is Guy Fieri not on this list? I got an email right here, Gary says Rod. I think they snub Guy because you don't see him cooking a whole lot. He's more of a host, which got me thinking, I've never seen that son of a bitch make toast.
Speaker 2: He cooks, he learns other people recipes.
Speaker 1: I have not seen him with an apron and cooking he talks about. He's this master barbecuer. He knows what he's talking about. I have never seen him cook.
Speaker 2: I've seen him cook. He had a show.
Speaker 3: It was actually during the pandemic, and it was actually a really interesting show.
Speaker 2: So you know how restaurants obviously were closed.
Speaker 3: They would send Guy a box of their most popular dish and him and his son would cook it together.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was actually a really good show.
Speaker 3: And his son, I think Hunter is his son's name, is actually a tremendous chef. So I think his son is actually classically trained. But I don't know if he is.
Speaker 1: I have never seen that man cook. Him and his I know he's not on the list. Him and his son every training camp they go and they cook for the Raiders. I know that because they're friends of the Davis. Yeah, he told me started out with some popcorn. Stand.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 1: I know the guy knows. I just never seen him do it. I've seen Bobby Flay, I've seen all the people that are on this list. I've seen them standing there cheffing. What Paula Deane was she on this? She really got canceled years ago. I will say, this woman Friday everything and put butter on everything.
Speaker 3: Thirty minute meals with Rachel Ray, I thought that was like a lightning bolt her.
Speaker 2: Her shows to me were the most helpful there. It was like forty dollars a.
Speaker 3: Day in a city like she would eat thirty minute meals. Rachel Ray completely the most helpful chef.
Speaker 1: I think I feel better now. I feel like there's a reason that guy is not on this list. You can go check this out. This is a This is a link on links and guests. America's favorite celebrity chefs Padma uh huh La La La la la. She is the hottest chef of all time. But she actually cooks too. Though I mean she's chefs, she actually doesn't cooking. Man, she's beautiful. All right, what are you given away?
Speaker 3: I know the show, so I have left a pair of tickets to see Ghost at Toyota Center. Tickets aren't even on til yet, but these are women before you can buy them, they go until Friday.
Speaker 1: Guy on our Facebook said they're the Florida Georgia line of metal. That was funny, guys. We have tickets for rock and Alternative.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM, the.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, the Buzz. Here we go. We got tickets to go see Ghost. We announced that show yesterday and kind of like a trend that's happening, a lot of these bands are just saying it's us. There's no opening acts as of now. I know that show is not until October I'm sorry, August sixteenth of next year at the Toyota Center. But I don't know that they need the help. I don't know that they want to split up the money ghosts can handle and they I'm sure they can sell out to the Toyota Center all on their own. Tickets will go on sale this Friday. We have a pair of tickets for you before they go on sale. Obby, It's only Tuesday. What's your question?
Speaker 2: What's the issue with Chile?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Why why couldn't we see where do you want to begin?
Speaker 3: Why couldn't we like why couldn't we like ask people about their cats today?
Speaker 2: You know, Like there's what I'm going on with Chili.
Speaker 3: Rod was asking questions about our you know, social media status.
Speaker 1: I just took my smile and turned it into a frown.
Speaker 2: What's going on with Chili?
Speaker 1: Animal?
Speaker 2: Almos going on with Chili?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Seven one three two win two? And then please tell me what's going on so I can figure it out too. Seven one three two, win two five nine four five.
Speaker 9: Wishing you and yours happy Zombie Apocalypse.
Speaker 1: Ron Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 5: Five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. Oh, I started thinking about wrapping up this tattooesday, twenty percent chances of rain, mostly cloudy. Eighty seven will be your high. Thirty percent chance of some showers tonight, and then tomorrow and the next. The rest of the week that we spend with each other, we're gonna be talking about rain, big rain chances each and every day, but thirty percent chance tonight, mostly cloudy, a few showers expected. It's gonna cool it off a little bit. Let's go. He's now time for I know the show on ninety four or five. L L la la la la, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this?
Speaker 12: This is awesome.
Speaker 1: He wasn't sure, Hi, Austin, good morning. I wasn't quite sure where Tessa was going with this, But then immediately I was smiling, having a good time, and then I immediately went, what's your question for Austin.
Speaker 2: Austin, what's going on with Chile?
Speaker 3: Like social media wise, we couldn't really celebrate National Cat Day the way we wanted to.
Speaker 1: Why Why Why?
Speaker 9: It's because Chili is in Facebook jail.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 10: Nobody wants to know the truth.
Speaker 9: Yeah he.
Speaker 5: Is, he is.
Speaker 2: He's locked up.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 3: How long his sentences, but I do know that you know the show, so you get the ghost tickets Toyota Center. Congratulations for knowing the show.
Speaker 12: Oh right, that's what I want to hear.
Speaker 10: Thank y'all.
Speaker 1: Thank y'all organizing a jail break for you, Chile, working on a jail break right now for you.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm talking about. That's my boy, not me.
Speaker 2: I'm putting money on your commissary and calling it a day.
Speaker 4: I was always in jail.
Speaker 9: Filth.
Speaker 1: Get the filth off of your socialism, bro.
Speaker 9: It was gonna be my first time voting to I was going to document it and everything. I just don't want that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, early voting was the way to go, guys.
Speaker 9: I should have done it the first day before I got kicked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, contrary, Like, you didn't see a picture of me with a sticker that said I voted, did you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you've been voting for like sixty years, But.
Speaker 1: You can vote. I haven't voted for sixty years, jack ass. You can vote and not put up a picture of you with your I voted sticker. It's possible.
Speaker 9: I did it well. I wanted to. I wanted to know what he felt like because I haven't had experience.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe we can talk about it again on Tuesday, because Wednesday, because Tuesday's gone. Yeah, the Leonard Skinner.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I might go cry in the little corner that I have in the Chili bowl.
Speaker 1: Chili guys, we gotta go, man, we gotta go. Jeremy wants to get in here, Sammy, Sammy, Davis Baker, Sammy Baker, Davis Jure. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he'd beat Paul two times in the Hall. Paul, he's going to try to avoid the one pump jump tomorrow. He says he's gonna make a run to get back into the Hall of Fame. Everyone says that. Yeah, I'm thinking about Daylight Saving Time coming to an end, but I'm not letting it ruin my days. I'm trying to be active and stay busy, and I think exercise is a big key to that. So everybody kind of do the same. We had the bonus game today, guys. I didn't even read you the reviews of the game today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let us know, really good reviews.
Speaker 1: People said it was hilarious.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: There was a bonus game today that you can go back, and I imagine that's gonna be something that you would podcast.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: Alex No, I don't know what. Yes, we don't in a bad mood today.
Speaker 2: He's not in a bad mood. He's going through a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was really I'm sorry, I know we got it. We're late, we got to go. But there was great reviews on that new game today that we played, the Chili Brown game. Always great reviews on that Chili was stellar on that. A lot of chef talk today on the show Tomorrow, the hype Man is back on with us. Okay, Pumpkin spice price is right for wild Card Wednesday. Hypee will be on with us at seven twenty tomorrow morning. Okay. Jeremy's got the NonStop nooner. Pick your tickets with him at the one o'clock hour. All that new rod Ryan Show merchandise, guys, it's going to cool off. Get the hoodie. Get get the hoodie all right, the next level, really really nice hoodie that we put available in there. It's a twenty year It means a lot to me, and the money goes to m d Anderson. It stays right here in town. So please help us out. Last week for the rod Ryan Shokeras Online store at rob Ryan Show on all the socials, I think still, and then test us on Houston Life at one o'clock tonight. That's it, guys, Yank's gonna win tonight. Just to hang in there. Nope, you want to sweep now? Just ahead, put him out of his misery. All right, that's it, guys. We're on a twenty hour break.
Speaker 5: Hey m m, well, wasn't that fun.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast
Speaker 4: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.