Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. These guys are a favorites, so light say subscribe and rage it.
Speaker 2: Stay and the greatest on Esterday and listening watching always keep its watching.
Speaker 3: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 4: How's it gone?
Speaker 2: It's going all right. I'm out and about and bigfoots are out and about. Really cool stuff has been going on. I mean I've done two sightings investigations. I had a track find and that is all in the last week. No, I take that back. One of the sightings was a week a week ago Friday, so nine days ago. The one on Friday was over at Promontory Park and I haven't written about that one yet on the blog. And that was a lot of fun. Actually I might even make a video out of that one because it was so much fun. But someone saw a couple of guys actually saw one over at Promontory Park Friday night, right the on July third, like the campground was full and everything, but like that area where it was, I guess he was probably just tell the story about it real fast. If we have the time. I know we have a Q and a to do today, but there's always big foot stuff to talk about. Sure, yeah, so these two guys are I think there were two guys that they're camping in Promontory Park. There's like a campground there, you know. They they kind of dam up the Qlacamus River so it forms a lake at that point. I think it's Faurday Lake if I remember right, but Uhday, I think that's what is Faraday fa r A d A y. I think, oh yeah, something like that. Well, these I guess about nine in the evening, and mind you, this is the Pacific Northwest, and it's not that far right now from the summer solstice, so it's still pretty light at that point. This guy was sitting over at a dock because you know, it's like right there in the water. It's sitting on a dock at nine, so it's pretty dusky. And I guess the deal is he saw something that appeared to be on two legs across the river, and of course it's a lake at this point. It's not a real big lake, but it's one hundred yards two hundred yards across, probably probably one hundred and fiftywo hundred yards something like that, and up up I guess downstream from him really thinking about it, is something came down off the opposing slope. Now, the opposing slope is very steep for most of it, and there aren't really any roads up there at all. Like I'm on top of the mesas sort of thing. I guess it kind of is. You know, although Mace is strictly a desert formation, so on top of the hill or the mountain or whatever, there's there's some roads and up there, but really not that many at all. It feel a free to look at Google, Google Earth or Google Maps or whatever or the mapping software of your choice and look across from a promontory park there and you're going to see that there's not a lot going on up there. So anyway, this two legged thing comes down in one of the draws, because you know, water does seep down there, and it's over the decades and millennia. It's kind of cut a little you know, V shape thing. So something comes out of a brushy V shaped little valley deal and goes in the water, and I think the guy said it floated or something like. Basically it went downstream a little bit and then got back out of the water, and he goes, well, that was weird because and he knows darn well that like there's nothing over there. There's no reason for people to be over there, that there are no boats over there docked or anything. Not that you could there's no docks, but like you can't pull over there, right. He goes, well, that that was really weird and just kind of like put it to bed, and so he was. Later on, he was camping just a few hours later. This is like at twelve forty five, maybe one o'clock in the morning, somewhere in that zone. He's in his campsite, and it's just like a regular campground, you know, fire pits and bathrooms, there's a fish cleaning station and all. Yeah, all that kind of stuff, and it's sold out. It's fourth of July weekend at about twelve forty five. They're hanging out by the like he his buddy or hanging out by the fire, I guess, and he sees he looks across the road and of course right across the road there's another campsite, obviously, but on the other side of that camp site is the fish cleaning station up on a little hill and we're talking like fifty feet behind this other campsite, and you can see it because there's a bathroom there and there's a light there or whatever. And something catches his eye, and apparently what he sees is a very large man sort of thing walking from left to right away from the fish cleaning station. And he says, oh, there it is again, you know, and her he ran out and tried to see it again. Okay, the fish cleaning station. I've been there. I did the investigation. The fish cleaning station has it's like a little i guess, like a roof like structure, and then underneath the roof like structure is a sink, you know, and that kind of thing the cleaner fish and the guts go away and all that sort of stuff. But the eaves of the roof are about seven and a half eight feet tall. I was right there next to it. Keith, who's much taller than I. He estimated it about eight feet tall, you know, that kind of thing. And whatever this thing was, the head of it was even to the eaves or slightly taller than the eaves and walking from left to right. Now, this is the weird thing. This is the weird thing. He said that it looked like it was wearing like a slicker, like a yellow jacket or something like that. It's like, well, how could that be that, you know, that's totally weird. But it was too big to be a person. So I don't really think sasquatches going on wearing clothes very often. But that's what he said. And he was reluctant, No, no, no, it wasn't raining, beautiful weather, but it was. He was reluctant to tell. I guess I wasn't there when he reported it. Keith and Jill were working the shop. I was not in the shop at the time, but he said I was. Didn't want to tell you, guys because you'd think I'm crazy, But it looked like it was wearing like a yellow slicker or something like that. So well, that's weird. And I don't know. I mean, I know that sometimes apes actually throw some clothes on or whatever, but I don't think that's the case. And I think it's probably a play of light or And mind you, it was fairly dark. There is a light on the bathroom not far from there, but it is a good distance away at night. I don't know if the guys were drinking or anything like that. You know, who knows what they could have been doing, who knows, But I assume it's just some sort of play of the light as the thing ran off, but the size of the figure strongly suggests sasquatch. Right, So he ran out into the road, and he couldn't run right over there because of the campsite, so he veered over to the right and tried to see it again, and he never saw it again. And that's basically all we got. So we got something that sounded pretty decent, you know, pretty good because I know the area pretty well, and there's there should be nobody across the river. So whatever they saw about nine pint forty five was probably his sasquatch. I don't see you have any reason to doubt it. And then of course this saying in the campground wearing a yellow slicker. I mean it was nighttime. I'm not sure you'd be able to see yellow very well. There's also a possibility because I have not gone there at night. Maybe just an illusion because of the type of bulb that was. Maybe it's some sort of like mercury bulb or something that has a yellow tinge. I don't really know, but yeah, this is just one of those where the guy saw something unusual, but I don't know what it is. I suspect it's probably again, probably just a play of light, because I can see that, like if the Sasquatches, if even saw a Sasquatch, I don't even know, you know, who knows, maybe the Bigfoot on the brain after seeing the first one or the one earlier in the night. I have no idea at all. So I went out there with Keith the next day. Actually, no, no, that's not true. He saw it Friday. He reported it to us on Tuesday. I guess his buddy was encouraging, was you just tell him, just tell him. Not every gonna think I'm crazy, just tell him. So he finally came in and told us, and we wrote down the details and I got a text at the time. And so the next day Keith and I went out there and I said, well, screw it, man, let's just go. Let's just go to the like the little building where you can, you know, rent campsites and all that. Sid I just walked in and talked to the campground house like, hey, my name's Cliff, and I owned that Bigfoot museum over there. And someone told me they saw they maybe saw a sasquatch, and the lady didn't blame She goes, oh, yeah, yeah, we heard about that. It is oh cool, cool. Would you mind if I go and park and go look around and say no, no, that'd be great. And then she brought a map out and showed me where the fish cleaning station was, and I told her what I knew, and she goes, oh, we kind of assumed it was over here in this area, but you're telling me those over here. I guess I had better information because they were just kind of guessing where things might have been. And so we went and looked around, and I can't say we found anything we can hang our hat on. And of course they saw it on Friday, and they had the entire Fourth of July weekend in between what they sold out campsite, so I didn't expect to find anything. But despite of that, I did actually find a few things that maybe were footprints, because I decided, since the campground was totally sold out, that the best avenue if I was going to find anything at all, would not be to look on the pathway where the guy saw it move, since he did not see it immediately after the episode at the fish cleaning station, and I know the direction that it went. I looked in the thickest brush I could find in that direction. Actually, there was some pretty good brush in that area, and I found some things that maybe maybe we're footprints. Maybe it's really hard to say, really hard to say, but yeah, so nothing I could really hang our hats on, you know. And then of course after that, Keith and I were we went back to the dock and go, well, how are we going to get across the river? Man? I mean, it's a long ways.
Speaker 4: What are we going to do?
Speaker 2: And so I had this bright idea, well, let's go over to the marina, because there's a marina in the lake there, and let's just see if maybe a fisherman or you know, somebody renting a pontoon boat is coming back in and maybe we can thumb a ride. And so yeah, we're worth a shot, right, didn't seem like anybody was coming in. We waited around for about twenty minutes and just we didn't. We didn't. We didn't think that was very hopeful. So we went into the shop there and and we went up to the guy at the desk and go like, hey, someone said, they may have seen a sasquatch and we're hoping to rent a canoe. I know, kayaks for forty bucks an hour. What would you give us a canoe for if we're going to do a bigfoot investigation? And the guy laughed or whatever, and he he said that They said, I'll give it to you for thirty bucks sold. You know, because I have a museum, and renting a kayak for a sasquatch investigation in my life is tax deductible. So I went ahead and paid for it, and Keith and I zipped across the river to where the guy saw it, because there's only one spot because like I said, it's pretty much a sheer cliff the entire way except for this one draw in the vicinity where he said he saw it. So he went over there, and you know, I found sign of deer and stuff going up down, But there was one thing, one thing at the very edge of the water that kind of looked like a footprint, but it did look like it was getting back onto shore. And based on the story, that's not where I would imagine it would have happened. But you know, I didn't see the sasquatch, do it or whatever. But yeah, so I got to go boating the other day. That was kind of a fun, unexpected side side quest on my journey there. That was pretty cool, and I filmed it all. So I'm thinking I might piece that together into a museum video this month. I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do yet, but that would be a good one because it was just so much fun and so unexpected.
Speaker 4: That was an interesting lenke. I was just looking at it on the aerial. Is that long chat it is? I gets some kind of electricity production site.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, yeah, the dam at the end, I think it has a power generator in it or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's just it's got that like that long chatle, like those parallel of the river for quite a way is well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, below that, below the dam, that's where Esticata Lake is. And when we filmed one of the episodes here, we literally, you guys literally did an investigation at Esticada Lake. Yeah, numerous reports out of that one spot as well. So and of course up on top of that hill that in that general direction, that's where Memoloose circles around. That's where Hillockburn Road, and like there's all these little nooks and crannies up in there where. There's a lot of historical sighting reports up in that general area. South Fork of the Klacamus is an excellent location that used to be the water source for Oregon City, so there's all these tunnels and cool infrastructure things back in there if you have a way to get on that side. But that's the trick. Do you have a way to get on that side of the river. That's why if the guy saw some somebody walking around, is something on two legs walking around, it's a ninety percent chance it's a sasquatch because or ninety nine percent because there just really isn't any way to get over there. For the most part, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo will be right back after these messages. Of course, that the high Rocks siding might talked about that one, or I wrote about that one on the NABC blog. Those might have been tracks the pictures I put up. I don't really know. The area is really good. And then of course I went out on Tuesday. I found a sasquatch track out there, and I'm pretty sure. I'm about eighty percent sure, maybe ninety percent by now that it is a known individual that I cast last year, not fifty yards away from where I found it this year, but about a month before is al So I.
Speaker 4: Was listening to the new members only one for Sasquatch Chronicles, and it was a dude that grew up in Sandy that had a bunch of stuff happened in the seventies and eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wouldn't be a bit surprised. And I've got some reports out of Tickle Creek in the eighties. Tickle Creek is there's a real, real popular like hiking, sort of parky sort of trail.
Speaker 4: In fact.
Speaker 2: I oh, that's another thing. I spoke at the Sandy Mountain Festival this past weekend on Saturday as well, like the local you know, the beer garden, vendor, community parade festival thing. Was talking, Oh I did, they didn't just me talking. I wish I had a slide show. I think those are cooler. But I brought a bunch of casts and you know, and talked about stuff and let them did a show and tell sort of thing, you know, right, Yeah, But it was nice because I like doing the local stuff because that we have a much higher possibility of getting their boots in the door than if I did a gig in like you know, Florida or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and uh, that got that saw. I wanted to say. One of the interesting things he reported was they saw big male that had one of the hands that had white like the back of the hand was all white hair. So he's wondered that anyone else had reported seeing a white handed squash, like a big one like nine plus foot.
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard it. Just the hand was white.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just the hand.
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard that before. We do have reports of a white one actually back in about I want to say nineteen ninety. I think it was about nineteen ninety, give or take a couple of years if I remember correctly. There's a place out here called a Guide Dogs for the Blind. They train guide dogs for the blind. You know, it's all the name. And before the property owner who owned it, before they bought it and turned it into a commercial facility, there were two sidings on that guy's property over a period of a couple months back in I think around ninety ninety or ninety one. I remember he told this. We have it written down at the shop, but I'm not at the shop right now. So I remember him saying that it was a really bad snow year, and I think, if I remember right, I think one of the Sasquatches, or maybe the same one that came back. I don't remember. It was a light colored one that he described as almost white. So if I remember right, yeah, let's way. I grew up with like four hundred acres and actually a BMX track sits still there is really a BMX track. I don't know where that is. We're motocross Maybe wouldn't be too surprising. And you know, I remember when I first moved into this house, I was getting some electrical work done and two twenty. Like I can do the one ten stuff, it doesn't it scares me, but yeah, I've done it, you know, But the two twenty stuff, I screw that. I don't want to deal with that, so I bring in electricians for that. And I was getting like when I first moved in, I was doing the two twenty stuff out in the outbuilding and the guy came over. He was a licensed electrician and his son who was his apprentice, and his son was about twenty two at the time. And this must have been in twenty seventeen. He, you know, hanging out with me. It doesn't take very long before we started talking about sasquatches somehow. So he told me that he saw a sasquatch a little bit south of town, then a little bit uh west too on logging land company, but not like logging like Warehous your land. It was actually the Boring Logging Company or something like that. I think that was the name of the company where one of those places where I think they store the logs and all that, or it's outside of Boring Oregan. He and his buddies, I guess were trespassing. They're like when they were like sixteen or something like that, trespassing and probably drinking some beer or something. I don't know what they're doing. But he said that he saw a sasquatch over there, which is pretty far in, a lot further in than most people would think. But you know, I mean for you and I or whatever, we've done investigations literally all over the world. Just because they're in close doesn't mean they didn't see one. I mean, I'll go back to my analogy again. The vast majority of fishermen cast past the fish, and I think that's true. Of sasquatch researchers too. Yeah, yeah, I agree, yeah, because they're right here.
Speaker 4: Well, Bart drives up to Washington a couple of times, You're like three times a year Sierra's and then there's all these stuff popping up just right you said him, like twenty minutes thirty minutes away. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And if you're everybody loves to go to the Olympics, I get that. You know, everybody loves to go to Bluff Creek, I get that too. But if you're if that's the only time. I'm not not saying this about Bart. You know, Bart does go out in his local woods. But if the only time you go bigfooting is when you drive six to twelve hours, you should you should think again, there's probably sound squatches closer.
Speaker 4: To that, unless you're like in Central Nevada. Definitely something closer.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but almost nobody lives in Central Nevada right exactly, probably because there's no big foots there who would want to live there unless you're into UFOs, in which case, go get them.
Speaker 4: So we got question and answers. I guess rock in today.
Speaker 2: Rumor has it what we got through?
Speaker 3: It got quite a few that came in, and so I will alternate. We only got a couple of voicemails for this one, so let's start with a written submission, and it's in the chat now.
Speaker 4: Carter L. Hey, guys, love the podcast. Do you think squatches will ever be comfortable enough to communicate with humans directly or to get closer with their hairless cousins us? Probably not as a species, but there's been an individual accounts of people getting like some kind of relationshipulate that they live you know, they live by and like they come on their property and putting out food and stuff like that, they exchange gifts that I don't know about full communication, it seems it's possible. You know, we'll see what happens, no doubt it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think whatever interactions are going to be there are going to be about the same level as what you'd maybe get out of a bear or an elk or some other like wildlife. And of course I know sasquatches are probably smarter than bears and elk and certainly elk and all that kind of stuff, But I think that these things are wild animals whatever they are, and no matter how human like you think personally that you think these things are. They're essentially wild animals that are living out there. They don't want anything to do with us. They don't understand us. We probably scare them quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Sometimes. I mean they come in and interact all the time with campers and you know, people working out in the wo was They they don't just avoid us at all costs. They definitely interact I think for their entertainment at times. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The question specifically does say communicate though, And that's where that's what trips me up. You know, you can develop something of a relationship with them, just like my wife develops something of a relationship with the whole flock of squirrels recently, you know. But that's a different thing. But when it comes to communicate, like, I don't, I just don't see that. I just any more than like people living in you know, Simatra might have orangutans in their neighborhood, you know, or people in Western Africa having chimpanzees around. You kind of don't want them around, you know. The I think scrolls are pessed, But can you imagine a sasquatch that won't go away?
Speaker 4: Awesome?
Speaker 2: It'd be awesome for me, I think it would scare the hell out of Melissa though. Oh yeah, yeah, and also you'd probably scare me eventually too.
Speaker 4: It'd be awesome, though you still have to be that scared.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about that one lady who's lived on the Hooper reds like feeding them Big Max for a while. She kind of regret it, didn't she when all, oh, I thought it was a hooper res my mistake.
Speaker 4: No, it's Quinnell. Yeah. It tore down her lights when she didn't bring back big Match. They also they could smell they had brought back that they were kind of short on mind, so they didn't want to buy Big Max for the big foot that just came back, and they could smell the McDonald's and scream and palette on the house and broke the lights outside, and you know it just cause problems. Like she said, they got pretty upset and they didn't bring back big Macs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm worried about the squirrels like digging holes under my chimney and like, but you know, you don't give a sasquatch a big Mac is going to tear down the chimney. Yeah, I just I don't personally see that happening because I don't think it happens very much.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people live in these rural properties and they're aware of the sasquatches, and certainly the sasquatches are generally aware of them. I would imagine when they come to some sort of live and let live sort of attitude. You see it all the time on reservations, for example, they're both aware of each other and they both leave each other alone. I think that that sort of relationship is reasonable. But as far as communicating with the humans, I'm not so sure sasquatches would have much to say to us. That's just me though. That's just my opinion. Who knows who knows? But so I don't know that that's your question there. That's your ohl aster answer, at least from my side. Carter Whew, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. Okay, this is from John Hall and he asks, now that you have doctor Meldrum's collection, do you plan on releasing any of that information in a book. You did a great job at the Florida conference. Keep up the great work, Cliff, Bobo and Mountain Matt Oh Mom.
Speaker 3: John is the first sasquatch researcher I ever met in person went out in the field with I'd been doing it on my own for a couple of years at that point and dragging friends out along with me. But I'd reached out to so many people with no responses, and eventually reached out to Mary Green up in Tennessee and it said, Hey, you know I'm in Georgia. Do you happen to know anyone else in the Southeast? And she was like, oh, I know someone in Georgia. I'll connect you with him. And that was John. And so that must have been like twenty one years ago now. So I've had a lot of adventures with John. I've known him the longest of anybody I've known involved with sasquatry. And so he's a good dude and told me he really enjoyed your presentation there in Florida.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I do plan on releasing some stuff in book format. A few months ago I kind of started sitting down to start plucking away at the keyboard and get things done. And what I quickly found out by organizing my thoughts, which is still an ongoing challenge, I guess, is a good way to say it is that I sat down to write a book, and it turned out that one or two days into this, it seemed that I was writing several books because a lot of the stuff that I'm putting together doesn't seem like it belongs with the other stuff. I'm not there yet. I will, I intend if I live long enough, I intend to write books. Okay, that's one hundred percent yes. But at this point, I started writing about that handprint on the roof back in twenty seventeen at our friend Mike's property. So I thought, well, that's an interesting thing, and that that you know, that's that's a cool find or whatever, and a lot of people don't know about that and stuff. So and I've got cool pictures and I think, you know, it's real, and so I started, you know, plucking with that and stuff. And then I started writing this other thing, and I realized pretty quickly that I'm writing about various topics. So I've started realizing I think I'm going to have to write several books, and that that's where I've kind of settled at this point. I think this could change. As literally talking to Daniel Perez yesterday and he says, you're going to write a book, aren't you? And I said, well, yeah, I'm workingize you need to get this out so I know, man, I know, I know. Trust me, yeah right now, And this may change. You can't hold me to it, is what I'm trying to say. And if you asked me about it, I may have changed my mind by the time he asked me. I'm like that. I'm a little fickle. But I think I'm going to write a book about interesting cases and what I learned from them, you know, like the handprint on the roof stuff, for example. I think, so interesting cases I've been involved in and what I've learned from them, I think that's interesting. I think I'm going to write a book maybe on what I think is going on with sasquatches, or that might actually be the same book, because what I think I've learned about sasquatches generally came about through people I've spoken to, but mostly stuff that I've seen with my own eyes. Because I think everybody, all the listeners of the podcast here know that I put more emphasis on my own personal observations and interpretations of those things than I do in other people's interpretations, don't I don't give my power away to other people to tell me what to think. I just not, like, I'm not that kind of guy. I'm kind of stubborn and independent and stuff like that. But then I've got, you know, a ton of stuff on the Blues, and I hear I see online these people like I don't post on Facebook or anything like that, and I try to steer clear. But when I do have to go on there, I see people who don't know anything, just spreading rumors and lies about the Blue Mountains. It's like like, I know these things are saying are not true, but yet they're out there. And you know, the more this misinformation gets spread about, the worse it is. You know, like I've seen it in print where people are citing other authors like Daigling and those guys, you know, citing other authors and what they said about the Blues as if it's gospel. But it turns out that they're wrong about stuff. Like, for example, there's this rumor out there that Paul Freeman worked at an orthopedic shoe factory. And I literally last night this is super interesting too. I was sitting in the Meldring room last night and I ran across a letter from Renee to Hinden, to vance Orchard, I believe, And Renee said, I heard a rumor that he worked in an orthopedic shoe factory, and that would explain how these dramatic glyphics got in there. And the woman who told me was told by somebody else, and it was like this ethereal line of evidence that like it was just a rumor that somebody kind of made up to explain away this dramaticlyphics thing, you know, And I think that might have been the source of it. So and I asked Michael Freeman, Michael, you know your dad. You knew your dad. He's dead, of course, but like you knew your dad pretty well. Did he ever work at an orthopedic shoe factory? And he goes, not that I know of. No, he was a butcher. He was a nighttime butcher in Walla, Walla. And when he lives in Camus he owned a delicatessen. Yeah, so that isn't the description of a guy who's familiar with the anatomy of feet and skin texture, you know, to me at least, you know so that people are overestimating Paul unfortunately. Night he's a smart guy, but you know, not super literate, almost never read, almost never wrote. So anyway, I digress, But I'm writing a book about the Blues essentially to set the record straight, you know, because I have with doctor Meltrim's files came numerous, like forty recordings of vance Orchard interviewing people for his books. And so I mean, we have vance Orchard's books, which are fantastic, by the way, pick him up, Thank goodness, fans Orchard was there documenting what was going on in the Blue Mountains at that time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bigfoot of the Blues is my top ten fifteen for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Bigfoot of the Blues and Walla Walla Bigfoot, both of those. Yeah, Like, if you're interested in the Blue Mountain stuff, you gotta read that stuff. It's and it's very folksy and everything. It's great and it's great. But I want to do a more perhaps a little more left brain version of that and just go case by case by case. Like another one of these huge misconceptions about the Blue Mountains, and it's thrown around on these Facebook pages all the time like it was fact, and everybody pats each other on the back. Oh, you're so smart, because you're debunked Freeman again, but you're lying about the fact it's so ridiculous is that the whole Blue Mountain stuff started on June tenth, nineteen eighty two, when Paul Freeman saw that sasquatch and ended when Paul Freeman left the Blue Mountains. One of the biggest lies ever told about it. Absolute ridiculous. And of course Peter Burns book doesn't help that at all. He says that I just read it a couple months ago again, and I was astonished at the bad information that guy had and was putting out in a book. It was very disheartening about how the Blue Mountains are what he refers to as a dead zone where there should be sasquatches there, but there are absolutely no bigfoots there whatsoever. It's like, oh, what a ridiculous, dumb thing to say, honestly, And because there are sighting reports that Van s Orchard documented in the late eighteen hundreds of sasquatches. There's another one in I think I think the forties if I remember right. I mean, of course I'm a little squishy on that one, not that it happened, but the nineteen forties state it might have been the fifties. I remember in the late nineteen sixties footprints were found on Mill Creek Road, which is the same place that a lot of stuff still happens today. Roger Patterson himself came out to investigate. In fact, and in the nineteen seventies there was more stuff. It's like everywhere else. The Bigfoots were there before, and the bigfoots were there after. Paul left as well. I mean the last two years. I was out there. Last year and the year before I cast footprints on both of my trips. So again, yeah, I'm putting this stuff into books. I'm writing a book on the Blues. I'm working on it, but I'm writing a book on what I think is up with sasquatches, like behaviors and stuff like that, which may or may not be the same book as interesting cases that I've personally investigated and what I think I've learned from them. But honestly, don't you don't need to ask me when is your book coming out this year? It's not. I'll be lucky to get out and get any of these out in twenty twenty seven, because I'm still organizing. I'm still I mean, Bobo, you saw the room, man like, it's a monumental task to get things in order out.
Speaker 4: There and jam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm literally still organizing not only the files and whatnot, but at the same time, I'm trying to figure out what does the workflow look like for any of these projects. And I think last night, when I ran across that de Hinden letter, and there are a couple of other things in this particular folder as well, I think what my workflow has got to be is I just got to have to take my computer out there and sit down and rummage through stuff, and when I find something, write a couple of paragraphs about it, and then take a picture of the document, feed it into a special folder on my computer, and so I can work on it wherever I am, whether I'm in the house or on the road at a gig or whatever. You know, I'm trying to figure out a way to do this because there's so much stuff out there. And when I rummaged through papers, just like you and I did, Bobo, I run across these these nuggets of information that would be fantastic for a book. But you know, I got to remember to take that nugget up to the house and write some paragraphs about it. It's not as easy as I mean, Matt. You know, Matt, you wrote a book already, but it's just not as easy as people think it might be. Yeah, one of the things I'm going to do in one of these books is write a chapter, or if I can get enough stuff, maybe a whole book on cold cases. You know, cause I think I did some pretty okay work on the Bossberg stuff, uncovered some new things that nobody knew about, and just recently I made another discovery in the realm of Bluff Creek. I think I showed both of you guys that, and actually I shared it with Daniel, So if you do describe, if you do subscribe to his newsletter, you'll hear about this thing next month. But yeah, a new discovery in Bluff Creek and from the early days, the nineteen fifty eight to nineteen sixty five days, we'll just call it the nineteen fifty eight to sixties you know that whole realm, new discovery has been made that nobody's ever written about before. So I let Daniel publish it because you know, he likes that stuff and whatever. He's always been a good friend of mine. But yeah, I'll flesh it out, as well as a bunch of other discoveries that I've made now of the early nineteen sixties stuff. I think all that stuff's going to go into a chapter in one of these books, you know. So I don't know, I've got a lot to write about. I just wish I had more time to write.
Speaker 4: So very good.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. All right, let's queue up the first voicemail here.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bobo, Cliff and Matt Own from upstate New York. And I've been a huge fan for about three four years since I started watching the show with my grandma. And I was really listening to the Fred Roll episodes, you know, the guy who has Subarctic Alaska sasquatch, And I was thinking about other reports that I've heard, and I was thinking Alaskan sasquatches tend to be a lot taller, leaner, and aggressive than the ones that we have down here in the forty eight based off of reports. Now, I was wondering if these could be like a distinct subspecies of some kind or something like that, and if so, what do you think the geographic or like environmental divide could be that makes these a distinct subspecies. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 5: One more question, who does the intro theme? It's such a funny theme. Me and my mom quota all the time.
Speaker 2: I'd love to hear that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for that one.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you guys enjoy it. That's all me. All the intros that have done the little jingles, I'll get an idea and I do them pretty quick and slop so as rock and roll should be done. So yeah, I came up with that theme and then played out like the drums, guitars, bass, saying it all in about like twenty minutes. So it's a lot of fun. It's a little bit of a spin on, at least chord wise, the motif. I was aiming for a little bit of a Queen's we heard the champions, So glad to hear that.
Speaker 4: You guys enjoy it. Yeah, I definitely think there could be subspeed. I think there's definitely subspecies. I mean neither the killer well now I know there's like six subspecies of them around before everyone just looking at it orca you know, and I think I think it's similar, gonna be similar with the squatch. I think there's gonna be little variations, like you know, different when you get in different geographic regions.
Speaker 2: Are enough of part Yeah, I don't think there's a subspecies. Yeah, but not enough data to say that yet. And I think that behavioral differences does not make a these species or subspecies in anyway. If and I even wonder if there's a strong tendency for the Alaskan ones to be leaner like you said, I would think they're actually more robust and larger, taller, and thicker because of Bergman's rule. I would also wonder if it's if it's a matter of human interpretation that these things are more aggressive, just like in Australia, all the literature says, oh, they're cannibals, are going to kill us and blah blah blah. But these are Australian folks are in the woods, oftentimes with pittiloafers on. So I'm not there like where we were. At least it was a beach culture, not a mountain culture. And I think that's a human interpretation. So I question those things. I sincerely question those assumptions.
Speaker 4: Could be a big height for walking through snowdrows half the year or three quarters of the.
Speaker 2: Year could be I guess it could be. But at the same time that being so cold, you would think they would be more spherically shaped to retain heat, you know, and that the larger massive surface ratio thing, the Bergman's rule, So I would I don't, I would question those assumptions at this point.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and I know we've talked about it before, but we should definitely, you know, if you're interested in those questions. I went out, I would definitely read Robert Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch. And there's a couple of other Alaska oriented books that he's written subsequently, but that one's definitely like the source material, and it's I guess you could say it's mostly coastal oriented, so it's not as much interior elastic east, but man, it's it's still a great book, and you'll I think he's balanced enough that you'll see the similarities between the reports in those regions and the reports around the rest of the continent.
Speaker 4: Well, most of most of Roberts and Raincoast Subsquatches is a very southeast which is like semi temperate rainforest, whereas subargic Alaska is a whole nother trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I could see that there would be some regional, you know, clinal differences, but it's so hard to say in terms of the subspecies question, because I think at one point the subspecies of American black bear had gotten up to like sixteen subspecies, and then genetics came along and realized, like, no, most of those are spurious, they don't really qualify as subspecies. So I think there was a bit of a drive amongst researchers to sort of identify slight differences and then be able to you know, name a new subspecies after themselves, or be able to claim some discovery. But so maybe there is, but I tend to be a lumper and not a splitter, so you know, there might be regional variations, but I sort of doubt that there would be marked subspecies. But what about Fleet Darby. I think globally certainly there would be. There would have to be enough cut off of you know, gene flow between Asia and North America. For example, although I mean some species remain unchanged. I think the wolverine is still gulo gulu in Asia as it is in North America, even though obviously they're not exchanging genetics for that very very very long time, you know, many tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of years. But i'd have to see if that's still true of other animals that are both here and in Asia. You know, brown bears would be a great example.
Speaker 2: Really, Gulo gulo.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's the species and genus.
Speaker 2: It means glutton, glutton. It reminds me of about goony google. Remember what is it Eddie Murphy delirious? Is that what it was when he wrote that, like red leather suit or whatever? And it was really popular back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: He had a bit about bigfoot in there, and I think he said that the goony googu or something like that, didn't he I don't remember. That could be wrong, I offer him, but that's what that's what my frail memory is telling me. It's been a long time anyway. Should we go to the next question?
Speaker 3: Yeah, here is your next written submission, Bobo.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Georgido, great show as always. Why was Robert W. Morgan not as well known as the Four Horsemen Sasquatchy. Shouldn't he be a horseman too? Good question, Well.
Speaker 3: He's definitely like a next gin. He would have come up mostly in the seventies, so, you know, well after the established four horsemen, although I guess Grants was like a last shoe in at the tail end of the sixties there. But Morgan, I think had some exposure and some notoriety, and he was definitely good at spreading the word and getting you know, he had a few fishually sponsored projects, and there were films made about those. But and I enjoyed Robert Morgan's stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, I met him.
Speaker 3: Some of the first interviews I ever did, almost twenty years ago, were on his old blog talk radio show. But I don't think he made contributions nearly as significant as at least Green and Krantz did.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course he had the American YETI expedition up here, and he cast a couple of prints through the day over the over the years, if I remember right, like, I have one of them. Actually it was cast on this guy's property, and I know his brother, and you know, so I ended up getting the original cast over there at Bunkcombe Hollow, Bunkcombe Hollow is the name of the place over by a like Merwin, I think it is, or maybe swift Breservoir, But I think it was like Merwin if I remember right. But yeah, it just I think that a lot of his stuff. I spoke to the guy who's kind of in control of his records and stuff, and the guy wasn't even aware that he was a bigfooter. He did so many other things. He's somehow tied up in like some sort of like CIA or FBI thing, And yet was he a treasure hun or two? He might have been. I know he had one of those like sort of like kind of like a life like Peter Burn, where he had so many things going and it seems so ridiculous and awesome and everything just like that's what was going. He was everywhere, you know, but I think he was maybe he was just too diffuse in his efforts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was such a character. I remember people describing him to me as like a big personality. And then you know, and I saw some of those documentaries and you know, read some of his books. I was like, oh, yeah, he's definitely this big personality. And I remember one of I was on his podcast twice in podcasts, you know, his blog talk radio, but essentially early podcast And I remember one of the times it might have been the first time i'd met a friend of his who was like, oh, you should ask this young guy to come on and talk about his experiences and his research in North Georgia. And I wouldn't have had a whole lot of value to say anyway, So I'm certainly not lamenting it, but I remember being so excited and then that came on and SA and he had said, let me ask you something. Have you ever seen tracks that did I can't even remember what the that up was, you know, have you ever seen tracks that exhibited X, Y and Z because one time and then he told his story for an hour and then at the end was like, well, that's all the time we have for tonight. See I don't think I said a word the entire time as the guest, and so it did. It didn't offend me or anything like that, but I was like, oh, yeah, he's definitely like this a big ball of sort of charisma, you know what I mean, just sort of a very much a cult of personality sort of a guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's a good that's a good description cult the personal I say, he came to the last I went to the Ohio Bigfoot Conference like six years ago or whatever. He was there. We'll take a picture with him and on the stage and he got a special recognition award from Mark for Ohio big Footing. And he kept saying to me, like, what are you doing up here on this stage? I said, well, I spoke like just a minute ago, and he goes, who are you? What are you doing here? I just was laughing one that is those are fair questions, but yeah, it was actually seeking So I guess that's why I'm up here.
Speaker 2: Was that the twenty twenty one conference.
Speaker 3: No, I was at one Ohio conference that he was at, and so I got to meet him in person and speak with him. And then he gave a talk about a lot of the things that he had done insult Fork decades ago, and track finds that he had made their I think maybe in the eighties or it could have been in the nineties, but it was it was several decades prior. So it was really interesting to meet him and see him. And you know, I enjoy parts of his what's the Small Yellow Book called? I think it's like the Bigfoot Field Observer's Manual or something like that. I think there's some useful stuff in there. But yeah, he's definitely a character.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I definitely enjoyed the guy, But I don't think, and just in all fairness, I don't think that he necessarily made the sort of contributions that would land him in that sort of luminary category that we think of the other four horsemen as and to me is specifically John Green and Grover Krantz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always been a problem for me putting Crash in with the four Horses, because basically he started basically the seventies. He's like late or nineteen sixty hours his first Tommy dipped his toe into the squatch pool and then so he's really got from the seventies and eighties nineties. I think the four horse were the guys that started in the fifties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which I guess would technically be I mean, the first real field researchers, I guess you would have to say would be that Pacific Northwest Expedition, and so it would be Green, Detendon, Ivan Marx, Bob Titmas and Peter burn, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because they work together though, But you know, elsewhere, Cliff Olsen, the late great Cliff Olsen, he saw a sasquatch in the late fifties and started looking into it then and he never stopped until he died.
Speaker 3: Did he ever publish anything? I know that name, but I can't remember if I've read any of his works or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Now. He never wrote his own thing, but he and Joe Blart pulled their efforts together and Joe produced that The Big but Highway Book, which is excellent, of course, very folks seeing down to earth and a lot of fun to read and stuff. But so that's a lot of Cliff Olsen's work with Joe b. Lart, because those guys teamed up, and I kind of viewed Cliff and Joe as being like the second generation of Bigfooters in a way, you know, yeah, because even though the you know the well, Cliff is dead when Joe's pretty old at this point. But in fact I got a call from Joe for to day.
Speaker 4: Actually so nice guy.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I think that there's kind of the second gen of Bigfoots. But Cliff was there at the very beginning of it all. I don't know, But again I never asked him about that before he passed. He was a friend of mine. We'd go at the breakfast and see each other. And he came to the museum right when it opened because he died shortly thereafter. But just one of those guys, like in one of those unsung heroes.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I would say when it comes to those luminaries or the people that we think of as the four horsemen. And again I would not apply this as heavily to to Hinden or Burn, but I think that there are things that people contributed that are the basis of so much other work that other work is dependent on it. And of course that at work is being rechecked and reverified, so to speak, or at least tested to see if it remains consistent or certain ideas or concepts or hypotheses or patterns, et cetera. But I think much of what Green did is kind of, at least within the canon of Sasquatchrey, very axiomatic. And I think a lot of Krantz's work is also fairly axiomatic to Sasquatchrey itself. I think those would be the defining criteria. Whereas Napier obviously is the first real anthropologist to get involved and published on it in a way, but he didn't really contribute anything that was axiomatic, and Morgan certainly didn't either, I would say, and then there are other people subsequently. You know, if George, if you're not a member, I know that name is very familiar. I know we've answered multiple questions from George edo before. I can't remember if George as one of the pigeons or not, but we did a whole pigeon episode about other people that we think made big contributions that should be included in this idea of I think I called it Unsung Heroes and Various horse Folk. It was the name of the episode, and so that was definitely worth revisiting, and in fact, maybe I'll throw that as a bonus in this feed at some point for people who are not members, if you want to hear members only episodes from the past where we cover a lot of these people. Because that was a really fun conversation, I think that'd be worth tossing out here to people. But to me, that would be the big criteria. It's like, are there things that we operate on now that are sort of foundational that if you kick the legs out from under it, we'd have to go back to the drawing board on a lot of things. And I would say yes to John Green doing that, and yes to Krantz doing that, and not so much Robert W. Morgan, although he was very active and influential, but not necessarily like I said, axiomatic.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm going to get a definition for acxiomatic, a foundational approach in mathematics and logic where a concept system of theory is defined by a set of basic self evident truths called axioms, rather than describing the concept and simpler the terms gat to look that up when you were talking about it. Very good.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: This I thought was an interesting hypothetical question here and there it is for you, Cliff.
Speaker 2: Okay, and it comes from Brian Levigne. I asked Gemini what percentage of North Americans believe in Sasquatch. Its answer was between eleven percent and twenty eight percent, approximately eighty million people. That's a lot of bumper stickers. Many of us know the sasquatches exist. But how many quote unquote true believers do you guys think are out there?
Speaker 4: Nors are believers?
Speaker 2: He wrote true believers in quotation marks. So that's and again that's where I always get tripped up. It's like, but he said this, but he said this, you know, so I think a lot more people believe than no, that's for sure. I think a lot more people believe than have evidence or even aware of the evidence. I think it's like, like last week I went to go see that comedian Rodney Norman. You know, he came to the musing him and he's super funny. To check him out. He he's hilarious, and he says, I believe because that's because I want to believe, you know, I want to believe. He said, I want to believe in everything. Well that's not a real strong place to come from, but literally, in my life that would be a shot down pretty quick. But you are a Santa comedian, so have Adam, and that's awesome.
Speaker 4: But true believers, the eleven percent sounds about right, and then twenty eight percent for like those are like probably like could be like leaning more towards that than not, you know, probably something like that.
Speaker 2: I bet it's geographical though, because I think in the Pacific Northwest, I bet you I wouldn't be surprised as something close to forty percent of the people up here probably think there might be something to it. I heard.
Speaker 4: I've heard that set actually for the Pacific Northwest.
Speaker 2: Well, but Seattle did a thing a few years ago, and I forget what the number was. Who was something like twenty one percent or something, wasn't it. Do you remember that? Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: I can't remember the numbers now that I remember seeing that stuff.
Speaker 2: I think the people outside of town either more inclined to believe, or when they don't believe, they're more adamant about it, because I would have seen it by now. One of those things, you know.
Speaker 3: I think it's so hard to tell. And I don't know where these numbers ever get generated, because I always think when I see things about poles that there's a selection bias in place, because you're only getting information from the kind of people who take poles. And you know, I don't know many people who are like, oh yeah, I'll take that poll, or I'll spend time filling out this survey. You know, that's a special kind of person. I've had this conversation with people where they'll say, well, just look at the number of festivals. Like a good example would be Hawking Hills, right, because it's a street fair, street festival, and so they had what thirty thousand, forty thousand people roll through, And so people use that as a proxy. And I'll say, look, not everyone who's going to the festival is a believer in the proposition. You know, they don't accept the proposition that the Sasquatch exists. It's a local event. There's food trucks and vendors, and it's something fun to do and bring the family to. And so you can't look at the attendees of large public festivals and treat that like it's some sort of a barometer of the nation or the continent's belief in the existence of you know, a corporeal species of sas squander who goes.
Speaker 4: To paid conferences. That's the window of that down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's there's those sorts of things or even you know, I think a lot of the people that listen to podcasts don't even I mean, there's there's plenty of things that I listen to because they're interesting or entertaining that I have no dog in the fight in and you know, I feel that way about a lot of UFO stuff that I listen to. I'm like, oh, this is just interesting and it kind of turns my brain off and just entertains me for an hour while I'm driving or something. And so you could go, oh, well, this UFO podcast has many millions of listeners. It's like, well, that doesn't mean that every listener believes that every word of that is absolutely true or whatever the case may be. So I don't know how anyone would really arrive at that. I find that most people that I talk to are like, oh, it's interesting, and you know, maybe there is something and but I don't know that that would qualify as what Brian defining his quote true believers. You know, I still think the people who absolutely accept the proposition, whether they've seen one or not, you know, let's just say people who believe rather than no. It's probably not as high as that eleven to twenty eight percent, But I mean, maybe I could be wrong, but I do think that's a number that's like unknowable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, and.
Speaker 2: People want to believe, that's for sure. And look at some of the nonsense. It gets thrown out on everybody.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot of people that have seen him and refuse to believe in that they see him because they're scared. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just see all the garbage put out by the media and stuff, and then it's like, oh, I believe it was on the news. I believe it.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, come on, man, to talk about snake.
Speaker 2: It might be I got like three people this week have emailed me to ask me if that's real.
Speaker 4: Dude, Pauli's arguing with you that it's real, that he's legit. I'm like, what do you talk I've got a bunch of comments like, dude, if you check this guy out, this looks like real deal. I'm just like, oh, just shake my.
Speaker 2: Head by Pizza Polly. Yeah, oh my gosh. Yeah, that's It's just so disappointing that people that even slightly entertained that that might be real, because it's the same it's the same dummied like model thing as uh Rick dyre used and Henk Yeah, Hank exactly. This put they slapped some eyebrows on it and changed the makeup a bit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: So disappointing that, but again, that just shows you people are ready to believe anything, you know, in this weird post truth world that we've inherited, people believe anything, and if you tell them, like, well, that's kind of not real at all. And he's the reasons that they won't even believe that. It's like, it's like you being dead, Bobo. People won't believe that you're not dead. They want to believe you're dead.
Speaker 3: We got to give a shout out to our good friend Wes over at Sasquatch Chronicles. Just earlier today, listeners, Wes texted us a screenshot of a text exchange he had with someone, and he cut out the name, so I don't know who this was, so we're, well, we're going to assume that it's what Wes is good buddies, but he's it's a screenshot where somebody asked, what about this dude Snake who has a bigfoot body, to which Wes responded, are you asking me if some guy named Snake the bigfoot hunter has a real bigfoot body? Funny, and he said, I know you guys would appreciate this, and we had a good laugh about it. Yeah, Yeah, any more questions, bro, yep, we'll do a couple more here before we roll over to the pigeon side.
Speaker 4: So this is a good one for you, Bobo, Okay, Carl Wiland, I came across Bo's Bigfoot Encounters on of the fourth time on TV and was disappointed to see that there were only three episodes. They were amazing. Are there are their plans for future episodes? Boa did a great job getting the eyewitnesses to detail their encounters. Thank you. Now would find on doing any more of those? No, not for not anytime the next several months, that's for sure, if they needed to be next year. But thanks, I mean that's the first thing compliments I got.
Speaker 3: Oh, people love it, like I've been posting that link every time we mention it, and once again I'll put a link to that in the show notes so that it'll take you right to the two B listing so you can watch it, you know, on your mobile device or on your lab stop if you have the two B app on your TV. Yeah, I put a link to Sarah's episode specifically in that last episode with that we did with Sarah's catching up about her return trip to the Marble Mountains. But yeah, it's been nothing but positive feedback everywhere that I've seen.
Speaker 4: Oh really, God, So I was bout on like the music and like the announcer's voice, and so that was all my fault. I didn't get it done like I wanted to get it downstairs the production company how to like just throw that part together At the end.
Speaker 3: I think they turn out well. It seems like people really enjoy it, so I will put a link there again, So go go check them out, folks, and maybe Bobo can get some more of than episodes there in the can for you. And then let's do one last voicemail. Here we get questions along these lines, but it's been a while since we've gotten one of these, and so here's your last voicemail.
Speaker 6: Hi, guys, this is Simon from the UK and I just wanted to ask you a question. I've been interested in the big Foot subject for over thirty years now and it's sort of on my book at list to attend a big Foot conference or a show in the US at some point in the future, but possibly even go on an expedition if there was one available, and I wondered which of those you would recommend. I know that you guys have traveled to and attended quite a lot of them.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: You still live in Canada over twenty years ago on Vancouver Island, and at that time I found Bigfoot conferences and forums and stuff that weren't as common, so I never got the opportunity to do any socializing with fellow bigfoot US or go on an expedition. So it's something you know that I've always wanted to do, so I'd like to hear your opinion. I also read Matt's book last year, The Phenomenals Ask Question, and thought it was excellent.
Speaker 4: Thanks guy. I haven't been on a conference for a long time, so I would I wouldn't know what the latest ones are, but they're all good in their own right. I mean, if you want to go like a mixed one like cryptid coonf you're interested in like all kinds of difference, that one's that's that's great, that's a really good one. And then there's the one up in the one what's that one clip up on the top of main up at saw Saint Marie up in the border of Canada. But it's really hard to get there. But that's that's if you're into that multiple disciplines, like you know, UFO's ghosts and dog Man and fire breathing worms and all that kind of stuff. But for just straight bigfoot, what would you say, like a Ohio is great smoking because you probably want to go on the East Coast. I'd imagine the Great Florida Bigfoot Conference is usually pretty good. But I like that Smoking Mountain Conference a lot.
Speaker 2: I think that nowadays what we need to we need to look for is who's speaking, what do you want to get from it? You know, like Crypton con to the one that Bobo mentioned right away that was coming up in November. I know I'm going to be there. A bunch of weather folks are going there. That's a good mix because the organizers recognize that the television personalities bring people in, right, So they're going to have a number of people representing various television shows and stuff, and they're also going to have a lot of people that most people don't really know about, like who just do solid Bigfoot research and that's it, and they're not really on the shows so much because they're in the woods doing what they love to do. And so Cryptocon I find strikes a really good balance between the entertainment side and the actual real research side, which I think is great because real research isn't done on television, is the bottom line? Then take it for me. I worked on TV for nine years, right, so it's just not done there. Like the new breaking stuff isn't going to be released on that kind of stuff. They may feature it on a segment or something, but that's it. So I would recommend looking at just shop around for where you want to be and then look at the people speaking. That's the best way to do it. There's not a conference that is necessarily year in year out, absolutely hands down the best. That just doesn't really happen. And as far as expeditions go, again, it comes down to where do you want to go. Do you want to see the Pacific Northwest? Sounds like you've already been here. Maybe you want to go somewhere easier to grab like Massa Massages budget.
Speaker 4: Doing his final one coming up. That's that's going to be a great one. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The BFRO runs really good expeditions for the most part. Of course, they vary, you know, I'm not going to lie to you, Like Matt has a lot of people working for him, you know, and the organizers run the expeditions, so and some organizers are just frankly better at it than others are. Some cook, some don't, Some are out in the woods all the time, some just do chase for citing reports. They all have something to offer, but they're all going to differ in flavor. So you really want to look at who the organizer is and most importantly, what habitat, what terrain like, what area the geographical area of the country do you want to visit and check out in a big through a bigfoot lens. I think those are the most important things to weigh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and since you mentioned Crypticon, that is a good one. Simon brought up the social aspect, like getting to sit down and speak with other researchers, you know, one on one, are face to face rather than just sitting in a crowd and listening to lectures. I think cryptocon is great for that. This year, it's going to be at a different venue too that I think will be a lot more accommodating, conducive, etcetera. So they're doing it at Bell Terra Casino in Florence, Indiana this year, and Cliff will be there, as he mentioned, I'll be there. A great researcher, Tom Shay will be there. And then in terms of you know, researchers that you might have seen on screen, obviously, Maria Russ and Bryce from Expedition Bigfoot will be there. There's going to be a number of people our friends and from the Mountain Monsters, you know, wild Bill and Buck and Huckleberry will be there. So that's going to be a really good event.
Speaker 2: And that's coming up.
Speaker 3: I'll put a link in the show notes, but that's going to be November twenty first and twenty second of this year, So I don't know if that's too quick a turnaround time for you there, Simon, but that would be a good one. And I guess while we're talking about events too, I got word that the cabins for the Alaska Bigfoot crews are almost all gone. There's only a few left. So I'll have that link in the show notes too if anyone's interested and coming on that. I'm super excited about that. But yeah, I definitely think something like Crypto Con or the Ohio Bigfoot Conference is another good opportunity to not only see a lot of speakers, but to get you FaceTime and interact and ask questions because everyone's just under the same roof for a whole weekend, and so the social and interactive portion of it is just excellent.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, with that, are we done? Go to the member section and.
Speaker 5: Do some ring?
Speaker 4: I think so. Yeah. All right, folks, Well that was another episode. Thanks for joining us. Hit like, hit share. We appreciate it. We could use the good words. So until next week, you'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond