Speaker 1: Been in Skin Show ninety one point one The Eagle. Thanks for hanging out with us today. We're hanging out at home. We have all four of us, Me, Benkti, Christina, and we are broadcasting from home because you can look out your window and it's dangerous out there. Please be very very careful if you're driving around, be smart, know the road conditions. These things change quickly and we don't want anybody out there to get hurt. Now, we have a very special guest that's going to be joining us here in about thirty minutes. It's our buddy Jesse that used to be on the Kimel Show and he lives out in the Los Angeles area. And if you're following the news and you've seen the footage, it is horrifying.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: There's so much damage and so much loss. It's just overwhelming. And so Jesse, I believe, headed to Palm Springs with his wife to get away from all of that. But he's going to be calling into the show here in about thirty minutes, so do not miss that. He's in the middle of all that and saw it firsthand. This segment right here is a little MAVs minute and It's brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. It's one of the most unique things coming to the Northern Urbs. It's going to be here in twenty twenty six and you can own a piece of the facility. You can own your own fire pit. For more information, go to Sunset Texas dot com. But Ben, I think the biggest stories right now with the MAVs. One, the tip time is now six thirty instead of seven thirty because of the weather. Of course you'll hear it right here on ninety seven point one the Eagle. But they got to get a win tonight against the Portland Trailblazers, and if they do, I think one of the guys that'll probably be involved. He's been leading the way as of late. Quentin Grimes has been a monster coming off the bench.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has.
Speaker 4: And you know, his situation is pretty interesting to me because he's playing for a new contract and you know you've seen his name pop up and unsubstantiated trade rumors. But I believe everything I see out there, I read everything I see, and his name will be thrown in there. MAVs are willing to part ways with him. And you're like, wait, what, Well, that would only be because they thought they couldn't afford him or they couldn't sign him, but you know, or they just feel like, hey man, we're you know, we're going to have to move on from Quentin Grimes. And so he's either playing himself into a nice contract with the Mavericks and he's going to be a big foundation, young piece of this thing moving forward, or he or he could be playing himself into a nice trade.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm just you love to see guys who when they get a bigger opportunity, take advantage of it and deliver, and he absolutely has been doing that. I'm falling in love with the guy, and I hope he's a part of the Mavericks for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're you're onto something there with why you're seeing his name out there. The reason they were able to get him from the Pistons in the first place is he didn't want to stay with the Pistons. And I'm not saying he doesn't want to stay with the Mavericks. Remember they tried to sign him before the year started, didn't get it done. But I mean, I look at him and he feels like a starting guard or at worst a six man in the NBA. And you know it could be that that's why you're seeing his name and trade rumors. But he has been great for the MAVs and certainly one of their best perimeter defenders. Every day at this time, we do a MAVs Minute brought to you by Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater. Go to Sunset Texas dot com for more information on how to own a fire Pit suite or join the Apeman Club. You've probably seen those Troy eight men commercials. This is opening in twenty twenty six. Secure your suite now right now. We just smoothly segue into a new version of the Today Game since we're all at home right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we're all at home, so we don't have the polished intro and we're not going to have audio for any of these candidates, but I'm kind of excited about it. Just gonna be a fun conversation about this, and again we advise everybody to drive safely, be safe out there if you're out there in all this mess in DFW. But we're going to rattle through the nominees today for the Today game for today January of the ninth, and have a conversation. And as we were setting this up, like we're all doing the show from our houses today instead of the iHeart Studios, and we're really kind of on a zoom call and we're right as we were getting ready to start, I asked Christina if the picture behind her was the old Denim bulge picture, and she was like, no, that's not it.
Speaker 3: But then she went and found the bulge picture.
Speaker 4: And I have a feeling we're going to get into that and talk about it because Christina, Jimmy Page is eighty one.
Speaker 2: The Great Jimmy Page is eighty one.
Speaker 5: And fun fact, if you go to nine seven one Theeagle dot Com, like right at the top, twenty five things you might not know about birthday Boy Jimmy Page. I mean, I don't know if you want me to go through these right now, but I love the couple of them coming. Yeah, go five things.
Speaker 2: Uh No, I mean I went through it this morning.
Speaker 5: There was something there that I didn't I didn't know a lot like here's number four here Elvis Presley's song baby Let's play House that inspired him to become a guitarist first song. He started playing guitar at age twelve. He would take the school all the time and they would always confiscate it from him.
Speaker 2: He's basically self taught.
Speaker 5: There was one guitarist that he went to school with that kind of showed him some chords and stuff, but besides that, self taught completely.
Speaker 1: Let me guess one that's on there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He ended up owning the castle that was once owned by black Magic man Alistair.
Speaker 2: Crowley Alistair mister Crayoli.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they don't actually say that in here, but they do mention that he messed around with dark magic. But hold on, this one was funny. I did not know this, so Jimmy did. He was a studio a session musician when he first started out right, he was only like thirteen twelve years old at the time, so when he did his session work, they called him little Jimp so they wouldn't confuse him with the other session guitarist named Big Jim Sullivan.
Speaker 2: Okay, as little Jimp, little Jimp does not.
Speaker 3: Some of the ladies would want damn.
Speaker 6: And I asked Christina, I've never really asked you this, but I think we should address this to our audience. I mean, we shouldn't hide behind this. Okay, you know the Jimmy Page p Diddy connection.
Speaker 2: What oh oh on that horrible, horrible rendition.
Speaker 6: Of Kashmir horrible, my ass the Godzilla soundtrack starring Matthew Broddock, who did kill a woman. Jimmy Page did play guitar with Diddy and they performed on Saturday Night Live. I'll never forget as a kid, was Jimmy Page ad a freak off?
Speaker 4: I mean, this is so uncalled for for you to try to tear down her favorite.
Speaker 2: Guy on his birthday.
Speaker 1: He's probably worth tearing down up until about the mid eighties though.
Speaker 2: He's got a very quick Okay, yeah, I mean he is.
Speaker 5: He's what dating someone that's my age right now and he just turned eighty one. But's it's fine whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, the whole thing about the fish, I mean, come on, okay, but his his bulge in those denim pants.
Speaker 4: That is a Wilson tennis ball. That's not a hot dog shape. Jimmy Page is the guy to the left of Robert plant all right. Who's the guy in the far right with the tennis ball? That's Robert plant all right?
Speaker 3: That guy.
Speaker 4: That's not a real bulge. That is a tennis ball. That to me is a swollen testy. What do you think?
Speaker 1: Okay, the guy just to uh move? What the guy just to his left, that's Jimmy Page. What do you think of his cigarette? He's got a whole package right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is. It looks like he's got just a giant thing of grapes in his underwear.
Speaker 2: Does look uncomfortable?
Speaker 3: Everyone talks about the sock trick. No one talks about the line of grapes trick. You got twenty seven testes?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's giant dog band, didn't it. He's lost Zeppelin. Hell of a guitar player.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Happy birthday, Jimmy Page.
Speaker 4: All right, he almost lost complete patience with us, but she made it to the end.
Speaker 3: Okay. JK. Simmons is seventy. I was waiting for JK. Simmons audio.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, but it's the one from that God the Drumming movie Blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Whiplash. It's a fantastic movie. Fantastic guys.
Speaker 1: You guys know TikTok better than I do. About four years ago or three years ago, my son was way into the movie Whiplash, and I'm trying to understand how because.
Speaker 3: He does not watch a lot of movies.
Speaker 1: And quite frankly, that was kind of like an Indie Awards winning movie. It wasn't like some big blockbuster. It's about kids at a prestigious music school and a horrible mentor teacher. It's not like Fast and Furious eight. How did the kids get into Whiplash?
Speaker 3: Do y'all know?
Speaker 4: I would think you mentioning TikTok is a perfect way because that movie has You could easily take some of the scenes from that movie, which was awesome, and you've got a kid who's alliant drummer and he's chasing a dream, and you have an old man from the establishment bullying him, being mean to him, like a teacher being mean to him. So I could see why clipping tiny micro versions of that movie on TikTok would appeal to young people.
Speaker 6: And band kids maybe too, you know. But also he's in the the movie that none of you have seen, Saturday Night is Surreay not live movie.
Speaker 2: He is in it as.
Speaker 6: Milton Burrell and uh yeah, spoilered and you know, you guys, you guys had four months ago see this is no one, no one I know.
Speaker 3: We'll go watch this movie. It's amazing. I want to right now.
Speaker 2: Stop it.
Speaker 3: Don't see it right now. I don't even know where to see it. Yeah, you can find a way.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm going to spoil it even though no one can watch it right now. Why why don't you just wait until it hits Apple or whatever.
Speaker 6: Dude, I'm just saying. He's playing Milton Burle, and there's something Milton Burle was famous for as well.
Speaker 3: He had Robert plant dong.
Speaker 6: Don't take your kids to that movie. Then, okay, we got a fly here display of salami.
Speaker 4: We're not even going to get through all these, but we will get through as many as we can. Apple introduced to iTunes on this day in two thousand and one. Do you guys use Spotify? Apple Music? What do you use right now?
Speaker 2: Spotify on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: I'm the iHeartRadio app of the time, and then the one percent that I can't find what I'm looking for.
Speaker 3: I used Spotify.
Speaker 6: They got rid of iTunes too and just made it Apple Music, and it's for me. I haven't enjoyed that ever since they got rid of iTunes.
Speaker 3: I like iTunes. Guys, siskin, I'll bring this one to you. Muggsy Bogues is sixty. It's my guy, uh Man.
Speaker 1: There was a real cool story that came out way after the fact that I never knew that Cuban when Muggsy Bogus was going through a tough time and his mom was having health issues and eventually passed away, Cuban was right by Muggsy Bogues's side, hooking him up all along the way. I just thought that was a lovely story to hear. He was not a gimmick. He was five foot three and was absolutely a menace. If you dribbled the ball anywhere near him, he was going to take that thing.
Speaker 4: Take that the next, the next thing on the Today game. This is KT's nickname is junior year of high school. Goldfinger hit theaters on this day in nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Goldfinger, my buddy's silver and Bronze always running around with me. Were caused a lot of problems back in Only you guys see Finger.
Speaker 3: No pretty good.
Speaker 2: Gold thing.
Speaker 4: Van Halen released nineteen eighty four, and of course nineteen eighty four, Christina, do you like that album?
Speaker 5: I do like that album because I just started playing Panama in my head as soon as you said it. That's the first song I think of on nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 6: That's the one that's got the kid that's like an angel on it. Yeah, yeah, okay, I like the.
Speaker 1: Underrated heater on that song that I love with badass drum sounds.
Speaker 3: I'll wait great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's a good song. Let's see Skin, this applies to you. It's National Clean off your Desk Day.
Speaker 1: Ah Man, It's gonna take me a long time to get today finished because I got a lot of desks that are just covered in crap.
Speaker 3: It's very difficult. Uh huh. And Skin, you'll like this one. MF.
Speaker 4: Doom will celebrate him. You're not gonna like that he has passed, but let's celebrate MF. Doom, who would have been fifty four.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was the moment that my son recognized that he was related to me. We got in the car and he wanted to hear m F. Doom and I was like, wait, what, how do you know who Doom is? Yep, Man the Great zeb love X go enjoy the entire MF. Doom catalog and.
Speaker 4: Then KT the Great Dave Matthews is fifty eight. What would you like to say about your mentor and hero legend rock and Roll Hall of Famer God of rock.
Speaker 3: YEP, We're out of time, all right.
Speaker 4: Coming up next it is a very special weekly Weekday update as we're joined by a special guest, a friend of ours who live in LA.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about everything going on there next