Speaker 1: All witnesses, suspects, and persons of interest are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Warning, this episode contains graphic crime scene detail. Please listen with discretion.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Primetime Crime. I'm your host, Kylie.
Speaker 1: Let's talk right now on true crime, and then together we're gonna work on warming up some cold cases.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, welcome to this week's episode of Primetime Crime.
Speaker 2: It's Kylie.
Speaker 1: We are gonna get into right now on true crime. We have a few things to catch up on over the last week. So Dwayne Keefie D. Davis was officially convicted of first degree murder. They found him guilty of his role in Tupac Shakur's murder. And the verdict was dropped on August 31st, obviously of 2026, just a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: And the jury deliberated for less than three hours.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, obviously the evidence was there to convict him. So after 30 years, Tupac was killed in 1996. After 30 years, we finally have a little sliver of justice for Tupac. So his formal sentencing hearing is scheduled for October 13th of 2026. And I will be sure to keep you guys updated.
Speaker 2: On all of that. And he faces a minimum of 40 years in prison.
Speaker 1: And prosecutors have said that he could face life.
Speaker 2: In prison that goes along with this sentence.
Speaker 1: So I will be sure to keep you guys updated on this one. We're going to have an official sentencing in October, so I will be sure to keep you guys in the loop. Okay, next order of business, we need to talk about the trial against James Elmore Jr. He is... one of the people that was involved in the death of Laura Miller, who is the daughter of Tim Miller. Tim Miller founded Texas EquiSearch following the abduction.
Speaker 2: And murder of his own daughter, Laura.
Speaker 1: Notoriously, if you look Laura up, you also will see the quote-unquote Texas Killing Fields murders. There have been a lot of bodies found in a very similar geographic area off of the I-45 corridor. in Texas, situated between Houston and Galveston. There have been more than 30 bodies of young women and girls aged 12 to 25 that have been discovered in this area since the 1970s. Now, it is suspected that not all of these victims are tied to a specific killer, but rather there are perpetrators and predators who are targeting women and using that as essentially their dumping grounds. Now, there have been victims who are believed to be tied to a man named Clyde.
Speaker 2: Hedrick, including Laura Miller.
Speaker 1: Now, Clyde Hedrick took his life earlier this year, literally right before he was probably about to be indicted for Laura's murder. So Laura was only 16 years old when she disappeared. And then 17 months later, her remains were found in a field off Calder Road in League City. Tim was Laura's father and never gave up hope that he was going to find out what happened to Laura. In his testimony, he recalls how he would always go to the site that Laura was found, and he felt like she was telling him basically not to give up, to keep searching, to keep hoping.
Speaker 2: So he did just that.
Speaker 1: In 2000, he founded Texas EquiSearch, and to this date, he said during his testimony that the organization has conducted searches in 42 states and 11 countries, They've recovered more than 400 deceased people and they have found many others alive. And he describes this organization as Laura's legacy. And I fully, a thousand percent believe in that. I really love seeing when people take something tragic and turn it into something as beautiful as possible. And in his case, founding Texas EquiSearch, it is huge. It is very well known. I talk about it very often in this podcast.
Speaker 2: It is one of the best.
Speaker 1: And if you do have somebody in your life that goes missing, you want Texas Echo Search in your corner. So how this trial came to be against this James Elmore Jr. guy. So Tim Miller testified that he got information in 2022 because James Elmore contacted Texas Echo Search And he said he wanted to talk about a missing persons case and get something off of his chest. So Tim then said that in the beginnings of this conversation, he identified Clyde Hedrick and Laura Miller as the subjects of this conversation. Now, Tim said he was initially skeptical because there had been so many false leads over the years, but Clyde Hedrick had been identified as a person of interest and possible suspect.
Speaker 2: But then Tim.
Speaker 1: Said that James Elmore began directing him to locations and describing details that Tim knew were not publicly known. James Elmore identified Clyde Hedrick's former home, which was actually two houses away from where the Miller family had previously lived. And he also identified an area that was located near a cemetery where Laura used to spend some time. Again, not stuff that was publicly known. Tim Miller testified that James Elmore eventually went on to describe being present inside of Clyde's home on the night that Laura died. According to Tim, James Elmore said that the group of them had been using drugs and that James Elmore was the guy who had mixed the drugs, so he mixed cocaine in a syringe. And then Tim Miller testified that James Elmore then said that Clyde Hedrick asked him to prepare another syringe of this cocaine mixture. And he said that he mixed up another syringe and then handed it to Clyde. James Elmore said that he told Clyde not to use it. But then Tim Miller testified that James Elmore told him that Clyde Hedrick then injected Laura with this mixture. And then that led to Laura passing away. And then they covered Laura with a Western-style shirt. And then her remains were found where I talked about earlier. Now, Tim Miller did testify that James Elmore described the shirt and then later recognized it in a photograph.
Speaker 2: There was a shirt found near Laura's body.
Speaker 1: James Elmore also went into detail to Tim Miller about the death of Audrey Cook, who James Elmore said that she was shot in the back with a. 22 caliber weapon. after she rejected Clyde's sexual advances. And her autopsy did show that she had been shot in the lower back with a.
Speaker 2: 22 caliber round.
Speaker 1: So the details that James Elmore was giving to Tim Miller very much did match up with law enforcement's evidence and information that they had. James Elmore also provided other information about another missing woman in a trip to Louisiana, which was supported by an interview with that woman's son.
Speaker 2: So investigators do.
Speaker 1: Believe that Clyde Hedrick killed Laura, Audrey Cook, and the other woman, and the detective testified that the authorities were preparing to seek indictments against Clyde Hedrick in the four killings. Now, like I said, he took his own life, so unfortunately that cannot happen. But they were able to bring manslaughter charges up against James Elmore Jr., and the trial started Monday, and I am recording this on Wednesday, and the jury has found him guilty of manslaughter connected to the deaths of Laura Miller and Audrey Cook. So that was the quickest turnaround for a trial and a verdict I've ever seen. I think it's great. I am so glad it did not take them long. I'm glad that Tim Miller got up there and told them everything. And also, let's cheer on Tim Miller for doing what he did in this case because he single-handedly started communicating with a man who had information possibly about his daughter's murder. He even would go out to the area where Laura's remains were found with James Elmore Jr. And they would talk about things. And he would give him all this information. James Elmore Jr. would talk to Tim about what happened. And he single-handedly, in my opinion, helped crack his own daughter's case. And I think if there's anything that I'm not surprised about is that Tim Miller is the one who solved his own daughter's murder. I know law enforcement had their hand in things, and I know all of that, but I truly do believe that if he hadn't done what he did in basically talking to James Elmore... that we might not be in this position now. And I think that that is amazing. And I think that Laura always coming through and telling him, don't give up, don't give up, don't give up, led to this moment. And I do think that there is going to be more to come on this. So I'm going to be sure to keep you guys updated. But I grew up knowing the name Laura Miller, having lived outside of the Houston area my whole life. I have always known Laura's case and I am so glad to live in a world now in 2026 where I'm able to tell you that there has at least been some movement in her case and hopefully some of the other victims as well will also get their justice. So in other terror person's news from one criminal to the next, Singer, and I use that term very lightly, David, D4VD, as he goes by on whatever platform he was viral on, David Anthony Burke, who is set to face death murder charges for the murder of Celeste Rivas Hernandez. His lawyers have withdrawn from his case, and he is now going to be represented by a public defender. And I think that this is great news. I think karma is slowly going to work its way to David. This man allegedly... is horrific, absolutely horrific. I read the affidavit. I am disgusted, utterly disgusted by everything that this man allegedly did. And I just can't wait for this one to play out in the court system. I am going to be staying on top of it. But as of right now, he is going to be being represented by a public defender. And I personally love this for him. Okay, we are getting into the I am starting the recording of this on Wednesday. So as of right now, there is no verdict. The jury cannot agree. They have been sent back multiple times. But I do want to talk about this situation that happened yesterday after court. This woman allegedly was filming the jurors. And she obviously was called on it. She actually got arrested and was in court this morning on it. She said it wasn't her intention to record the juror. She was trying to catch a glimpse of Lindsay and record her. But initially it was reported as juror intimidation, which is obviously not okay.
Speaker 2: And it has turned into a whole thing. So she was in court this morning. She was arraigned.
Speaker 1: And this woman is 56 years old. She is a retired nurse. She has pled not guilty and has been ordered to stay away from the courthouse. Prosecutors have been asked that she be held on a $ 50, 000 cash bond, but the judge did deny the request. She has agreed to stay away from the courthouse and not to have any contact with anybody associated with the case. And she is going to appear in court on October 15th. I'll keep you guys updated on this one. There has been so much going on surrounding the Clancy trial. And we're going to stop right there for now because I would imagine tomorrow is going to bring a little bit more of something that I can actually talk about because right now we have a jury that has not been able to come to a unanimous decision, and they are obviously very tired. I think that they are going to declare a mistrial.
Speaker 2: I think the jury is hung.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're going to be able to come to a unanimous decision, and that is my prediction. Well, guys, we are on Thursday, and we still don't have a verdict. So there was an issue today in court. The jury continued their deliberations, and then they sent another note to the court, And basically, it ended up going into sidebar where the defense attorney, Kevin Reddington, was visibly upset. And he and the judge kind of went back and forth. And then they ended up bringing Lindsey Clancy as well to the sidebar. And each of the deliberating jurors was brought out individually. And one by one, the jurors were sworn in and they were questioned by the judge at the sidebar. while the attorneys and Lindsay looked on. Now, it's not exactly clear what the judge was asking each individual juror, but they were responding by either shaking their heads or answering yes before they went back to the jury room. Then eventually, after all the jurors had been questioned, the entire jury was brought back into the courtroom. And the judge reminded them that they are required to follow the instructions that were given. And then he reread the instruction about reasonable doubt. Kevin Reddington objected to the way that the issue was handled and revealed that he was concerned and that this concern involved a specific juror that is refusing to listen to the law on reasonable doubt and is not following the instructions. So it does seem that there is one holdout. And that person seems to not be following things the way that they are supposed to.
Speaker 2: So Kevin wanted to remove the.
Speaker 1: Juror and have them replaced by one of the alternates. But the judge declined to remove the juror because this has obviously been a long bout of deliberations and there is just so much going on. So the jury has left for the evening and they will return tomorrow to continue their investigation said deliberations. I don't know where this is going. I can't believe that we are still here. And it does seem that there is just this one person that is a holdout. Now, whether it's a holdout for actual reason or there is a misunderstanding in the instruction, I am not really sure on that, but it seems like it is ongoing. So there's so much going on. I'm overwhelmed and I will try to keep you guys updated. But I have talked entirely too long on this right now on True Crime. So we are going to go ahead and get into today's episode. Okay, guys, we are jumping in to a brand new unsolved case today. In this week's episode, I'm going to be sharing about the suspicious death of 17-year-old Danny Violet out of Willard, Ohio in 1998. Now, this case originally didn't get much media attention when it happened, and I do think over the years more has definitely come out. And there have been a number of podcasts that have covered it, including Culpable, who did a long-form series on Danny's story back in 2025 in cooperation with Danny's family. It was a huge source that I used for this episode to fill in the gaps because honestly, there wasn't a whole lot out there about Danny's death. I will be sure to link the podcast in the show notes, but it is season four. So I highly suggest you guys go and check it out because it really does go into deep detail. But there still are so many unanswered questions to this day about what exactly happened to Danny. So that is why we are here to tell Danny's story and bring a little more attention to a case that deserves our attention.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and get into it.
Speaker 1: Daniel Danny Violet was born on February 23rd of 1981 in San Diego, California, to his parents, Daniel and Jane Violet. He had two brothers, Drew and Ross, and a sister named Caroline. Danny was the oldest child of his siblings and was always very protective over them, but Danny was incredibly close with his youngest brother, Drew. Although they did have a five-year age gap, they were incredibly, incredibly close. But to this day, Drew is the driving force behind Danny's story and working to get justice for his brother. Prior to moving to Willard, Ohio in 1991, Danny and his family moved lived in Washington, Japan, and Long Beach, California. Since Danny's father was in the military, they bounced around and moved around a lot. But once he retired, they finally settled down for good in Willard, Ohio, at a house that was located on West Tiffin Street. Danny was 17 years old and a student at Willard High School and the Pioneer Career and Technology Center, where.
Speaker 2: He was a junior in the welding program.
Speaker 1: Now, the Pioneer Career and Technology Center is described as Ohio's fifth largest public vocational school serving high school juniors and seniors, as well as adult learners across the region. It offers hands-on career technical education, specialized professional certifications, and a modern lab design to build high-demand workforce skills. So Danny was learning welding, which honestly, I do think there should be more programs offered like this to high school students. They are great programs and great skills to learn and can translate to a wonderful career. And these are the type of jobs that are very in demand and they are great careers for people. So Danny was a wrestler and he lettered in wrestling in 1997 and was voted the most improved wrestler. He also loved soccer, basketball, swimming and football. In his free time, he enjoyed fishing, rollerblading, video games, and hunting. Danny attended church at the First Assembly of God in Willard. Danny was well-liked by his family and friends. He was described as adventurous, daring, and competitive with a wry sense of humor. He was loyal to his friends and would do anything for them. So like I said, Danny was very well-liked, very popular, and he had a very laid-back type of personality. which would often cause him to butt heads with his dad, Daniel, who was very military-like style and regimented. So they would butt heads. They would occasionally get into arguments. And as a normal teenager, Danny just kind of began to rebel. Danny began to use recreational drugs, and he would drink, and sometimes he would throw parties when his parents weren't home. Oftentimes when he would get into disagreements with his dad, he would leave home to cool off and often spend the next couple of days at a friend's house, but he would always return home. Danny's brother, Drew, said that Danny did get into a lot of trouble and he wasn't really the best student, but he really wanted to wrestle, so he knew that if he wanted to be involved in wrestling, that he needed to try and keep his grades up. One of the last conversations that Daniel had with his son was about how he needed to pick up his grades in order to keep wrestling. Jane, Danny's mom, told a story about how once Danny had gotten in trouble for shoplifting cigarettes. And this is a story that she told on the Culpable podcast. She discusses how the judge made Danny write a paper about why he was getting in trouble. And in that paper, she said that he wrote about having a good set of friends and then having a bad set of friends and that he could be very easily influenced. So when he was around the good set of friends, he was making good choices and good decisions. And when he was around the bad set of friends, he was making bad choices and bad decisions, which I do think for any normal teenager, this is not out of the ordinary. This is very normal behavior. Teenagers are very, very easily influenced, and they could be influenced in a good way or influenced in a bad way. During Danny's sophomore year, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder after he had an episode at school, and he had to be admitted to a psychiatric hospital. He was prescribed lithium along with Seroquel. And the medicines did seem to help Danny at times, but Danny was also using recreational drugs and drinking alcohol, which obviously wasn't great because of the prescription meds that he was taking. So we're now going to get into the timeline leading up to Danny going missing. So the night is Friday, October 23rd of 1998. And after school, Danny decided to hang out with some of his friends, and he never came home after school. He just went straight to hang out with his friends. But he typically would let his parents know what his plans were. But this time, he didn't do that. That night, it is reported that Danny and his friends did LSD together. Danny had an adverse reaction to the LSD and reacted after being exposed to a strobe light and had a seizure as a result. Danny didn't return home until the afternoon the next day, Saturday around 1 p.m. So Jane saw Danny come into the house and was really worried about Danny because he seemed pretty out of it and he wasn't acting like himself. She sat him down in the kitchen and tried to get him to eat some cereal. And then she went and let her husband Daniel know that there was something going on with Danny.
Speaker 2: When she went to go get Daniel.
Speaker 1: Danny got up and left the home once again, saying goodbye to his younger brother, Ross, who was outside at the time. That would be the last time that Ross would see his brother. So Jane and Daniel would spend the rest of the day searching for Danny. Typically, they wouldn't be overly concerned, but Jane just got a feeling that something was not right with Danny.
Speaker 2: They searched all of.
Speaker 1: The common hangout spots and contacted all of his friends to see if they had seen Danny, but they hadn't. They knew that this was very unusual for him just to run off, and since he didn't look well when Jane saw him in the kitchen, they were worried. Jane and Daniel reported him missing on Sunday, October 25th. Danny was last seen wearing a gray Michigan University t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of black Nikes. The family held out hope that Danny would be found and that he was okay. In the next days, there would be some people that came forward with sightings of Danny. One tip came in that said that they saw Danny on the 24th, and they said they saw Danny crossing the tracks to Willard's east side. Another witness said they saw him at the YMCA on the east side on that same day. Another witness said they saw Danny at a grocery store, Meisler's grocery store, that was located at 20 Woodland Avenue at 7 p.m. that night, and he wasn't wearing any shoes. When Danny was at this grocery store, he was looking for certain friends to meet up with to attend a party that night. Now, that was the last known sighting of Danny Violet. Now, the east side of Willard wasn't the greatest. Drew said on the Culpable podcast that that was the side that you would go on if you were running with a shady crowd or looking to buy drugs. So then the week started and Danny's family got a call from the school that Danny was in fact in school and marked present in class. They went to the school to get Danny since it had been days of them worrying about him. But when they got there, they realized that there had been a mistake. Danny wasn't present. He was, in fact, marked absent. So the hope that they had gotten had unfortunately been ripped away, and they were back to wondering and worrying about where Danny was. They, of course, continued to try and hold out hope that Danny would come home. But sadly, on November 4th of 1998, the family got the news that would change their life forever. A police officer from the Willard Police Department came to the door and let them know that they had found Danny, but he was no longer alive. Drew remembers the moment he was told his brother was no longer alive. He was only 12 years old at the time, and this news just completely changed his life forever. The details of Danny's death were alarming. Danny was found in a cornfield by a farmer who was tending to his crops. His lifeless body was found wearing only his blue jeans. He had no shirt on. According to the autopsy report, Danny died from asphyxiation. He had post-mortem abrasions, which indicated his body had been moved from one location to another. There were also patterns across his chest resembling a tire tread. suggesting an ATV may have ran him over, and he also had ligature marks around his neck, but there was no ligature found at the scene. Danny's shirt was missing. The next day, investigators were called back to the scene because something else had been found. There was torn up money found at the scene near his body, $ 6 to be exact, along with a wallet that did in fact belong to Danny. and a gray Michigan shirt that he was last seen wearing. Now, this could mean one of two things. Either during the initial search of the area, they overlooked these items, or they were dumped after the fact, and I do think that this is very important. They weren't found that far away from where Danny's body was found, but it could very well mean that the people that went to the scene and discovered Danny's body didn't thoroughly search the area surrounding and they possibly could have missed these items. But it also is entirely possible that the items were dumped after the body had already been recovered. And like I said, I do think this is a very important little bit of information. So Despite all of this, Danny's death was listed as unknown. The lacerations to his neck were not consistent with hanging, so this ruled out that Danny did anything to try and harm himself. Whoever did do this to Danny took the ligature with them because it was never found.
Speaker 2: It wasn't found at the scene.
Speaker 1: From a toxicology standpoint, reports showed no alcohol or lithium was found in Danny's system. There was trace amounts of LSD, and an anti-seizure medicine present in his system. Now, this anti-seizure medicine was not a medicine that Danny was prescribed. Danny's death was believed to have taken place on the evening of October 24th or the early morning hours of October 25th. Now, I will say, if you listen to the Culpable podcast or go to the Facebook page that Danny's family has set up for him, they go into detail. about who exactly Danny was with that evening. Different friends of his who were brought in for questioning and such, and there was a lot of back and forth interviews with them. They play the interviews on the podcast, and it all really is very, very interesting. Now, there is a redacted individual that is brought up in the police interviews that allegedly had given Danny some LSD, but Danny never paid him. And this person had allegedly made comments about how Danny needed to pay him or he would have to, quote, beat his ass. Now, that is alleged. And the comments, again, allegedly were made after Danny's disappearance. Now, I think if you're looking at it in the way that I'm looking at it, the ripped up money was interesting. If you think about its correlation to this statement. It seemed to kind of suggest that maybe there was something involving money and debt over drugs that led to Danny losing his life. And maybe Danny only had $ 6 on him and he offered to pay said.
Speaker 2: Drug dealer allegedly $ 6.
Speaker 1: And then the money was ripped up as kind of a way to say, I don't want your $ 6. And the money was actually torn up. So obviously somebody tore the money up. up and it doesn't make any sense to me that Danny would have torn the money up. So we obviously, in my opinion, are working with someone on the outside. Now, the loss of Danny weighed heavily on the Violets and eventually Daniel and Jane separated and divorced. Despite all of this evidence that pointed towards foul play, Danny's manner of death has never been changed from unknown. Drew said that the family has received very little information since 1998 about Danny's case, and quickly it became cold with no leads or persons of interest, and there was nobody that was coming forward with any information.
Speaker 2: In December of 2014, a press conference was held.
Speaker 1: At the Huron County Sheriff's Office, it had been 16 years since Danny's mysterious death. And Jane and Daniel were asking anyone for information to please come forward and help them in their search for what exactly happened to Danny. This wasn't your typical type of press conference where law enforcement was coming forward saying that they had information or a break in the case. It was basically Danny's family coming forward and asking for help. In 2020, Drew started to work and talk with a woman named Danielle, who had been looking into Danny's case as she was married to a man who went to school with and knew Danny. Danielle is actually the one who wrote into the Culpable podcast and pitched Danny's case to them, and the rest is history. She has been a driving force in keeping Danny's case in the forefront. She knew that there was a lot of rumor and a lot of speculation surrounding Danny's case, and she very much wanted to put all of the rumors and everything else to rest and find out once and for all what actually happened to Danny. There were so many rumors that Danny had passed away from a drug overdose, and that simply wasn't the case. There's also been a lot of talk about Danny's lifestyle and things he was involved in that ultimately led to his death.
Speaker 2: But truly, at least for me, there.
Speaker 1: Was nothing that Danny was doing any different than any other high school student in the late 90s. And none of his other classmates and friends ended up mysteriously dead in a cornfield. So let's stop putting the blame on the victim. And let's actually blame the person or persons who are responsible here. Because Danny was in high school. He was a normal teenage boy. The people that surrounded him were involved in the same type of things he was involved in.
Speaker 2: And Danny is the one who ended up losing his life.
Speaker 1: Danielle's involvement, along with the Culpable podcast, has also led to the involvement of a program at Tiffin University called the Cold Case Fellowship. Now, this gives students an inside look and a chance to be involved in cold case investigation. I really wish that something like this would have been offered when I was in college because I would have been all over it. I think these programs are amazing and are truly helping the future of cold cases across the country. And this is discussed in detail on the Culpable podcast. They do a lot of really great work with Tiffin University, and they worked really hard on Danny's case. And I do think that they really helped propel a lot of this forward in Danny's case. But as always, with any cold case that you're dealing with, it is a work in progress, and.
Speaker 2: It is constantly.
Speaker 1: challenging and making people jump through hoops to make any type of change or make any type of progress. So we are getting in now to, in my opinion, the most frustrating part of this case, and this is ongoing, active as we speak. So with everything that was recovered in Danny's case, they obviously have quite a few items that are potential for DNA testing. We have Danny's shirt that was not on his body.
Speaker 2: We have his wallet. We have the torn up money.
Speaker 1: There are definitely things that were recovered from the scene that had to have been handled by somebody other than Danny. Danny didn't rip up his own $ 6 and throw it in a cornfield. That doesn't make any sense. So we're going to get into the whole saga of the DNA and the DNA testing now, because I truly do believe that this is probably where the answers lie. But for some reason, even though DNA testing has been completed, the family nor nobody besides the Willard Police Department have any idea what the results of this testing were. So at the end of 2024, Danny's family, along with Danielle, started inquiring about the physical evidence that had been preserved. Like I said, the money, his clothing, all of that kind of stuff that was left behind. And of course, it had been tested back in 1998 when DNA testing was not what it is today. So they inquired about getting it retested, obviously using 2024 technology versus 1998 technology. They ended up reaching out to Sorenson Forensics, which is a private DNA analysis laboratory. And they did end up finding out that they could, in fact, retest these items. And they got a quote for about $ 6, 000, which.
Speaker 2: Was very doable.
Speaker 1: And Danielle took to the Justice for Danny Facebook page, which they had set up. And with the help of the people on that page, they were able to raise the money. They then would contact the Huron County Sheriff's Office, and they attached their estimate from the Sorenson Lab. Then they were informed that there was other steps that needed to be taken before they could send off this evidence for DNA testing. They said that the family had to have legal counsel to represent them, and so they got legal counsel to represent them. And the legal counsel reached out to all of the people that he needed to reach out to to ask what the next steps were in order to get this DNA testing done. And they were basically ghosted. They went weeks with no reply. They ended up setting up a meeting on February 21st of 2005. And that meeting didn't actually happen, which has to be so frustrating because they are willing to do anything they can to to get this DNA tested. They've raised the money. They've obtained counsel. They are doing everything that they have been told to do, but there is no cooperation from the Huron County Sheriff's Department, which is so frustrating. So they continued to work and try and get them to finally test this DNA. They jumped through hoops. They did everything they were told to. They were contacting many different people, hoping that somebody was going to be able to guide them and help them get this DNA tested. So I don't know exactly the set of circumstances that led to it, but the DNA was tested. According to a Facebook post on Justice for Danny Violet, the testing was approved on the condition that the Huron County Sheriff's Office would facilitate the testing and transfer of the evidence since the agency maintains custody of it. Because of that arrangement, Danny's family could not communicate directly with the independent laboratory or receive the testing results. I am reading this directly from the Justice for Danny Violet Facebook page. Now, if you remember, they are the ones that raised the money for this DNA testing. And it goes on to say, since we are the party that paid for the testing, however, we are notified that we'd be receiving a partial refund because not all of the requested testing could be completed. Based on the information communicated to us, it appears that not all of the requested evidence was available to the laboratory. So why wasn't all the evidence tested? Is the evidence lost? Is the evidence missing? Why wouldn't you test it? The money is there. Danny's family and supporters did all of the work to raise this money. And then it's just like a slap in the face saying that we didn't end up testing all of the evidence with no explanation given as to why. And I am sorry, but this is just super unacceptable. I do not buy it. I don't deal with stuff like this well. I'm going to call it out. I think it is shady. And I don't understand how you can look at a case that is 28 years old and think that this is acceptable and okay behavior to treat Danny's family like this. They are looking for answers. They want to know what happened to their son, and they deserve to know what happened to their son. So what was DNA tested? I don't really know, but I do know that there were some items that were DNA tested. However, the results are not available publicly, and they're not even available to Danny's family. And I never truly will understand this. I understand protecting the integrity of an investigation and trying to keep things close to the vest. I understand that. I understand that there are rules and regulations and things in place for a reason. But I will never understand, it will never make sense to me how something like this is allowed to happen. And the family is kept 0% informed on anything. And they're out here fighting for their lives, trying to figure out what happened to Danny. His death still is unknown. And It's never been ruled a homicide. And that is, I think, the most astonishing thing of it all. Because I think it is really, really clear to see that there was foul play involved in Danny's death.
Speaker 2: And Danny was a tough guy. He was a wrestler.
Speaker 1: It would have taken a lot to subdue Danny, so to say. So I do think there is a huge possibility that there is more than one person involved in this. And I very much think that there are more people out there that know what happened to Danny. And people talking about it and spreading awareness about it is making these people a little uncomfortable. And I think that that is exactly what needs to happen. I think more people need to talk about it. And we need to get Danny's story out there. And people need to be upset about.
Speaker 2: This because there is.
Speaker 1: a boy who was 17 years old who had his life stolen in 1998. And his family desperately wants to know what happened to him. And he now has so many supporters who are behind the family and who have listened to the Culpable podcast and have heard the complete entire story and know that things aren't adding up. I listened to the whole Culpable podcast series on Danny in a weekend.
Speaker 2: I listened to it last weekend.
Speaker 1: And when I was listening to the last episode, that is where they were talking about the DNA testing and all of the roadblocks that.
Speaker 2: They had hit.
Speaker 1: And then it went into another interview with Jane, Danny's mom. And she just talked about who Danny was as a person and how she loved him so much. She goes on to say that she believes that he would have found somebody special who would have helped him to straighten out his life and that he would be a great dad. He always told Jane that he wanted to be a dad. She said they still love him and they have always loved him. And then she went on to say that he's her little boy and he's always going to be her little boy. And when she said that, I just completely and utterly lost it. I was laying in my bed sobbing about that interview and just the way that she said it and the way that she spoke of Danny and how devastating this is for them and their family. 28 years later, they do not have answers as to what happened to Danny. And it just absolutely breaks my heart. It breaks my heart right now just talking about it. And I don't know why this case strikes me so different than all of the other ones I covered.
Speaker 2: They're all sad. They're all tragic.
Speaker 1: But there's something about this one that it just makes me so incredibly sad. And I think a big part of it is because it's still an unknown cause of death. And I think that needs to change. And I do think that all of the supporters, all of Danny's supporters, all of his family, all of his friends, all of the people that truly cared about him and care about him. are going to keep pushing until there are answers. And I do hope that one day I can bring you that there has been a break in the Danny Violet case and we have movement and things are finally progressing the way they should be. So there is someone out there that knows something about Danny's case and now is the time to speak up and share what you know. Like I said, his case is still unsolved, but there is always hope that somebody is going to get tired of holding on to secrets and come forward with information. Anyone with information on Danny's case can reach out to the Huron County Sheriff's Office at 419-668-6912. I thank you guys so much for tuning in to Dani's story. It was one that, honestly, when I first started researching it, I didn't realize how deep it really went. And The Culpable Podcast did such a great job telling Dani's story and going deep on things. I am going to link it below so you guys can go listen to it. It is a really easy listen. Like I said, I listened to it in two days. It's eight episodes. And they really do go into detail and they have interviews with Danny's family. And it is just super, super well done. So I appreciate you guys listening to Danny's story. Please check over on my social media, my Instagram and Facebook pages for photos associated with this episode. And I hope that one day I can bring you the news that there is a break in Danny Violet's case and that his family is getting the answers that they so desperately need and really deserve at the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys, and I hope you have a great weekend. And please, please, please stay safe.
Speaker 2: Have a good one.
Speaker 1: Bye.