Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection and today we've got our friends from Tri County Tech. We have George from kimmyon with us today. How you doing, folks, Very good, doing very well, doing great well. I'll tell you what Trike County Tech. You guys don't loaf out there. You guys got everything going on sometimes all at once. First of all, want to talk about the workforce and Development months. Tell us a little bit about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so September is officially a workforce development month. We had just finished and graduated our first b POC class that we held. They graduated on September sixth. And then they are always looking to help companies with customized trainings. We do a lot of safety training, so you can do in person, we can do online. We can even customize those trainings for your company whatever that might need, what you might need.
Speaker 1: And you know, Trick County Tech is just not for kids, although I have a daughter going there, she just loves it. But the adults with the flex programs, those are wonderful.
Speaker 2: That's right. And we've got quite a few new offerings this year that we're offering them in the modular sections so they can come in different cohorts. So for instance, our carpentry, the construction service class, we split it into four modules. So right now electricals going on. In October, HVAC starts. We have still I think about six spots left in HVAC that kicks up, so it's just a three month and then you can get trained and get out, and then after that comes up plumbing and starts in January, and then carpentry in the spring. So instead of taking the whole ten months, you can split it into four different sections. Come in and take one, get out, or keep coming and take all four.
Speaker 1: Wow. And you know, even though you're not getting into construction maybe for a vocation, this is great for anybody who ever plans on owning a home. With the simple factor you can be totally in control of your home. Yeah, you can learn a lot of things. Computers are a good part of our homes these days too, as well as work, and I understand we have a computer course now available.
Speaker 2: We do. We have a lot of computer classes that are starting at We've got word Excel, Microsoft Office. We're even doing a computer skills for the workplace so all of those. If anybody's looking to enhance your computer skills or just get some computer skills so then you can get that next entry level job, go online and you can see what all there are to offer that you could get enrolled in.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll talk about the golf tournament in a moment, because I want to get George involved here. George, you've been doing this thing for more than a few minutes with the robotics out there at Tray County Tech. Tell us first of all a little bit about the program and your involvement, how you work with that.
Speaker 3: Well, the robotics program, of course is not a class as an after school program, and it's was something that was started in two thousand and seven. It's been going on. It's a national actually international program, and their teams from all over the world, and we've had, like I say, the program's been going on for eighteen years, and during the falls when we're recruiting students, and so right now we're trying to find students from all the schools that feed students at Tri County Tech, from No Water, from Dewey, from the Oklahoma Union, from Bartlesville, everywhere, and so we're out trying to find the students to participate in the program.
Speaker 1: Now I understand we have like an open house coming up on this coming.
Speaker 3: Up in a few days, right, yes, Now, on September the ninth, we're going to be having the students meet team together and uh so, uh we're trying to get them to come and find out more about the program.
Speaker 1: Yes, all I got to say is where was this when I was a kid. It wasn't around yet, that's for sure. But man, it's got to be fun to be a mentor with these youngsters. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: We have nine mentors and uh and these are believe me. Uh we have PhDs and they're excellent. And and we tell our youngsters you don't have to know anything. These gentlemen and will teach you how to uh put together the robot, design, build and work the robot. So you don't have to know anything. Come there and learn.
Speaker 1: Bring you have front, bring your curiosity, and bring your bring your desire to learn. Right. Oh wow, and good sense of fun. Yes, yes, this is great. This is outstanding. And again I'm just thinking, wow, kids, if you're thinking about it, don't don't let it pass your bike, because you kick yourself if you do. We've got the Foundation Golf tournament swing for students, and you know, I've talked to Champagne about this a couple of times. It sounds like a lot more fun than she lads on. Oh, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Last year we raised thirty eight thousand dollars to provide scholarships for students. That provided twenty one adult scholarships for students to be able to attend Trey County that probably wouldn't have been able to come if we had not raised the fund. So this year, of course, we want to you know, surpass our goal from last year. We still have three sponsorships available. So we have a title sponsor, we have a driving range sponsor, and we have a putting green sponsor. And so with those sponsorships would include a team in the tournament as well. And I can promise you the swag bag you will not be disappointed, because we don't put together a bag that you're going to throw over in the garage when you get home. You're going to want everything in this bag. That was one of our biggest compliments last year was what an amazing swag bag we put together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it got around.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you know, we always say golf's fun that when you're helping students, I mean, it makes it even more a blast.
Speaker 1: So at Track County Tech, one thing that Track County Tech is famous for is not saddling their students with a heavy loaded debt when they walk away, many of them walk away with the big zero, right, because it's all been taken care of by either paying through or sometimes through the foundation if you're entire need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have ninety percent of our students qualify for assistance from the foundation. So we actually one other thing was going to mention, we have our progress report for f Y twenty four is going to be coming out this month, so be on the lookout for that. We'll have it posted on our website as well, so you can go back and look to see how phenomenon we did in FY twenty four. We keep saying it's the best year we've ever had, and then next year we'll say it's the best year we've ever had. We just keep getting better, is what George and I were talking about on the way over here. It just seems unreal, but we just keep getting better each year. So our results will be out with you know, adult graduate and average wage, how many enrollments we had as well as we have a section in there on the foundation and how much assistance was offered to our students.
Speaker 1: Getting back to the adults. So you might have a job already, but you might actually be in line for creating a pathway to get a better job. You might be underemployed and don't even know it, right, You should really check out the website. Ye be all you can be.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And by the way, track County Tech folks, they went awards like crazy, Malcolm ballbridge Ward, I think you guys own it, you know, I mean as many times as it's been given into you. And also with a lot of the things with that technology, a lot of awards there too that don't go out to just any school. It's a big deal. And the thing is, our big deal is Tricouty Tech and our big deal is right here in town.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and one award that we get that's a little near and dear to my heart is because I serve as the CFO as well, and we have achieved a Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting for three years straight through international ASPECS.
Speaker 1: So that's a big deal.
Speaker 2: That shows that we're taking care of the taxpayer dollars and spending them appropriately, and we go through an audit and rigorous financial and that they dig in and look.
Speaker 1: So that's always.
Speaker 2: A I like to brag about that for the Finance office. The girls work hard.
Speaker 1: So George, you always seemed to hang out with winners. Absolutely, absolutely, well, this is a grade school of great people, a great you know, history as short as it may be. But boy, I can tell you what this Going into the future. It's like being on a rocket. Hang on.
Speaker 2: You never know what you might get.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you both for coming in today and being with us and sharing all this great news about right here on cable.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you,