Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: If I shot and killed somebody, my fat ugly ass would be in prison and there would be no women cheering me on.
Speaker 3: But there'd be a few men in your cell chearing you on and make you squeal. Okay, no, you're too ugly for you even for that, And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill handle. H Good morning everybody. Unless you're a Catholic, then maybe it's not such a good morning you hadle here and the morning crew, it is. No, that's not true. Even if you're not a Catholic, it hasn't been a good morning. Certainly in the case of the book Pope. We woke up this morning to the news that Pope Francis is completely dead and it is. We're gonna go through it at seven o'clock and obviously talk about what his wife was about in the meantime. Good morning to one and all. Neil, Good morning morning, Willie Wolf Okay, mute, please cono, good morning. Oh there you are. No, I'm just hearing an echo, that's all. And will there you are?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 3: Uh huh Amy.
Speaker 4: Hi Bill, Hi, Ann Good morning, Bill.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got through it all all right. The Pope is dead. I'll be later on talking about some fun factoids about the pope and conclave, which we are going to now. See, there's an official nine days of the morning and then the cardinals meet for conclave, and that is to elect the new pope, where God comes down and helps them choose the new Vicar of Christ after a lot of politicking, after a lot of scrambling. Tell you what you'll get, Secretary of State, if you vote for me, I'll tell you what you're going to get. I mean, it's just absolute politics. And we'll talk more about that later on. So what happens now, Well, Kevin Ferrell, who is the Consigliore, is now sending out invitations to cardinals all over the world on deadfish to come to the Vatican to now sit in conclave. Don't give me that look, I'm telling you the way it works. Yeah, and they will meet it and I know it's carmel ango and it really isn't the COSIGLIOI and the invitation is not on deadfish. I think it's a phone call. All right, come on down. Maybe some kind of official document I don't know, but anyway, so the they meet in conclave, you know, and let's do that a little bit later on, because the whole thing about conclave is fascinating how it started, the white smoke, the black smoke, the being locked up in the Sistine Chapel and they can't leave and the doors are locked, and that's it until a new pope was elected. By the way, Francis was elected in less than twenty four hours I think third or fourth ballot, and he was elected pope. The record was in the twelve hundreds. And this is how they locked up conflict conclave. This was Pope Gregory, Pope Gregory to elect him. Conclave was over three years before he was elected. And so what he did, he said, that's it, we're done. From now on. We shut the cardinals in and until they elect, they're not coming out. And so there's a whole world of that. We should do that because that's fascinating stuff. What's going to happen? All right, So Pope Francis is dead and it's fascinating guy, which, by the way, he really didn't change a whole lot. The last pope who really tried to change the papacy was John the twenty third in the sixties nineteen sixties. Man, they were scared to death of what he was doing. So as soon as he died off four years all the popes have been insanely conservative popes right up through today. And even Francis didn't change the basic tenants of the church abortion, homosexuality. What he did say is let's look at them as people because we love them, even though men dorking each other is still an ultimate sin that God does not want to watch.
Speaker 1: All right, Wow, the theology is who I'm a theologian.
Speaker 3: I'm a theologian.
Speaker 2: Everyone's a theologian, mostly bad. I can't wait till you die and then we have to put the smoke up.
Speaker 3: You know what. Jews don't do this. Jews don't do smoke. They get buried.
Speaker 1: And then we throw rocks at the Yeah you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I need to become worm food basically when it's no cremation at all, So no smoke up, although in my case it would be black smoke as opposed to white smoke. That I'll give you.
Speaker 2: Why the concern with cremation, you know that just happens naturally. Same breakdown, Yeah, it breaks down there.
Speaker 3: You don't burn up. Well, some of us burn up, but that's a different that's a different argument.
Speaker 2: Oh, now you are going to when you find out that you were wrong. It's going to be hilarious, hilarious, and I want to be there so bad.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't wait. All right, guys, are you ready to do it? We've got some news to talk about in addition to the Pope dying yesterday, and let's just start with a handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story. It's obviously about Pope Francis dying. Now the day before he met with JD Vance and now what twelve hours later he's dead. So jd Vance is scheduled to meet with world leaders on this tour right now. Every one of them have canceled. They don't want none of them want to take a chance. You get near this guy, you're dead. I wouldn't either. It's just yeah, he walks in the door, you know, give it up, don't do it. That's the second story, isn't it. Yeah, but I don't.
Speaker 4: Let's just skip over that one.
Speaker 3: I yeah, grabbed. There's a couple of things about it. Amy, just do a couple of little pieces of information on that. So the Easter egg and all that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so well.
Speaker 5: Obviously, Vice President of Vance one of the last to get an audience with the Pope. They met in a reception room at the Vatican hotel where the Pope lived.
Speaker 4: The eighty eight year old offered.
Speaker 5: Vance, who is Catholic, three big chocolate Easter eggs for his children, as well as a Vatican tie and rosaries, and then Vance said to the Pope, I know you've not been feeling great, but it's good to see you in better health.
Speaker 4: Thank you for seeing me. And he also said that he prayed for him every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Vance also did all that with a chuckle. I didn't know that Vance. I did not know that Vance was Catholic. By the way, did you.
Speaker 1: I didn't know either.
Speaker 3: I didn't know didn't know you was Catholic. He converted to Catholicism. I had read, well from ing, pray for you from what from a human being? All right, all right, Defense Secretary, I'm not a big fan.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's not a fan of yours either.
Speaker 2: Defense Secretary Haigseth shared detail information about forthcoming strikes in Yemen on March fifteenth. This was the scandalous private signal group chat that included his wife, brother, and personal lawyer. Now I know this sounds familiar, but this is a second one. Some of those people said the information mister Haggseeth shared on the signal chat included the flight schedules for the hornets targeting the who Thys and Yemen, essentially the same attack plans that he had shared on his separate signal chat the same day that mistakenly included the editor of The Atlantic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to talk more about that coming at eight o'clock. And it is hilarious. His spokesperson, or the Pentagon spokesperson said, this is old news rehashing. Actually it's not, it's a new story. And as far as releasing classified information, and that's just the fake news that's saying that there was no classified information. And so the reports are that the Pentagon is in complete disarray and it is being defined as in utter chaos, and a lot of people are saying he's gone and he's not going to last very long, even staunch Republicans who are on the Armed Services Committee. That's no joke. When you release classified information for people who have no business receiving classified information. So a lot of arguments saying he's out of there, he's not going to last. We'll see, we'll see. I mean outside of politics, I mean the judgment of a defense secretary twice releasing information. First one accident, the journalist was on the list by mistake, Okay, should have been a little bit more on top of it. This one, he created the chat room. He did it. So do you keep someone like that? You know, the judgment call. All right, let's take a break.
Speaker 2: If they made a judgment to get a massive surgery and not tell anybody, defense secretary nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean he absolutely he blew it. But that but that that is horrible judgment.
Speaker 1: But that is not everything was entirely in disarray.
Speaker 3: Uh well, what you had was the assistant who didn't even know she was now in charge. But again, this is not release of classified information. These are not secrets that are being released. And I think it's viewed differently. I think it's viewed differently. Also, he fest up to it. Austin just said, hey, I blew it, man, this will never happen again. Yeah, after he got caught, no question about it. Oh no, no, absolutely, But you know people tend to have Americans for the people that they when you come I think of heg this, we come to the table and go god, I'm so sorry. I don't know this happened. You will never see it. He doubled down, double down, double down. Spokesperson said, this is fake news. This is the media, this is the left wing, wild asked, radical media. Of course it is. But the point is that there it's stonewalling, and I think there's a difference. I believe there's a difference. And by the way, I thought that Austin completely blew it, no question about it, real lack of judgment. Okay, we continue with handle on the news on this day. I mean we're going to do this every quarter hour as people are tuning in. Pope Francis died yesterday. We don't know of what probably have respiratory causes, because we knew he was in trouble with the double pneumonia and lung issues. He's Adams since he's been a young man. And I think the big news is jd Vance visit him the day before and now there's a real question is did jd Vance kill the Pope?
Speaker 4: By the way, that real question about that.
Speaker 3: It's a great story. Let's start a rumor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a great rumor that believed that might be the case.
Speaker 3: It's a great rumor. I you know, I love it. I'm gonna I'm gonna stand by it. I have impeachable sources, unnamed sources.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the voices, unimpeachable sources.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, let's move on more handle on the news, Amy neil me.
Speaker 5: We may have a swaperu in the works. El Salvador's president has offered to let two hundred and fifty to Venezuelans deported by the US and imprisoned in his country go back to Venezuela if Venezuela will release the same number of political prisoners.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 5: Many of the Venezuelan deporte deportees had committed rape and murder, but the Venezuelan political prisoners were jailed only because they were opposed to President Maduro.
Speaker 3: Doesn't that sound a little bit like Israel and Hamas will release you release prisoners, thousands of them. Kamas tells Israel, some of them convicted of murder terrorism charges because they don't have the death penalty in Israel. People who have been imprisoned for murder and will release men, women and children. Actually, now it's men and women who their crime was being at the kibbutz when Hamas overran them and killed so many. That's even steven, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, this just goes to show you the unintended consequences of even our actions here in the United States, how they roll over and now these people are being used as political ponds to get other things done in other countries.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Beijing warns countries against colluding with the US to restrict trade with It's kind of interesting the the pushing back and forth on this, because now you have media reports about the US here plans to use tariff negotiations to isolate China's economy. Right then you get a spokesperson for China's Commerce ministry and they say today that appeasement does not bring peace and I love this one, and compromise does not earn respect.
Speaker 3: Interesting how CNN describe this. Beijing warns countries against colluding with the US. There's no collusion. It's countries are caving into US pressure, economic pressure. There's no collusion there. It's not Hey, let's let's see what we can do to get these tariffs going.
Speaker 1: No but if you're China, it's collusion, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're China. Anybody that caves to the United States pressure, which is enormous, its collusion.
Speaker 5: A series of failures and Israeli investigation into the killing of fifteen Palestinian medics last month in Gaza turned up that there was a chain of professional failures. Deputy commander has been fired. The medical workers know, of course, they're supposed to have special protection under international humanitarian law. And initially when this happened, if you'll recall, Israel said, hey, they were traveling around in unmarked vehicles. But then video came out and shows the ambulances had lights flashing and logos visible as they pulled up to help another ambulance that had come under fire when they were attacked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is what Israel tends to do. Is when you see what I think a lot of us clitterally see is a criminal act, firing on an ambulance that had its light flashing, Israel says, well, Hamas is using the ambulance. Well, yeah, times they do, but no fire erupted, there was no firefight. Israeli shot up the ambulance and the other one that had stopped to help victims. It was a one way fight, and Israel now says, okay, we'll reinvestigate this. You ever noticed when any of these atrocities happen on the Israeli side, they just sort of disappear. Now that that's it, you know, the investigator, you don't hear what happens out of investigations. It gets it's this is not good stuff. I mean, there you should see the We should see these army people being charged with the criminal acts, you know, purposely, and I believe it was purposeful.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I you know, that's you know, I wasn't there. But there's too many of these incidences, too many.
Speaker 2: All right, DHL, More unintended consequences and probably confusion, is my guess. DHL expressed announced it will suspend deliveries more than eight hundred dollars in response to the cost increases in US customs regulations. This is brought on by the Trump administration and the tariff Plan. DHL said that the deliveries will stop temporarily today until further notice. It added that business to business shipments will continue, they may face delays, and this is all due to the fact that previous shipments of up to twenty five hundred dollars were allowed to enter the United States, very little paperwork and stuff going on. But the threshold will be lowered because.
Speaker 3: This is as Dominimus rule, which bypassed all of the requirements that it goes into sealed brokerage houses, shipments, and then border patrol and inspectors have to look at it. All of that disappeared with a Dominimus rule. And so this is how you were able to get stuff from TIMU. I don't think yeah, when you ask for something it doesn't work or something I will.
Speaker 2: Tell you I do because I have a small business. I do purchase some blanks and electronics and stuff from Timu. And I've never had a problem with any of their stuff.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay, I've seen a lot of problems with Timu from people. But in any case, you're.
Speaker 1: Rich, normal people are fine with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they yeah, that's right. And they looked at and they asked for tax returns and.
Speaker 1: When they let them eat cake. Is that what you said?
Speaker 3: No, No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Say that them eat cake from China. That's what yes said.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, part of the ACA goes before the Highest Court today the Supreme Court is going to be hearing a challenge to a panel that was set up as part of the Affordable Care Act that recommends preventative services that insurers have to pay for it no cost. So the challenge was brought Christian employers braid Would Management and Kelly Orthodontics, and then several individuals are also part of it. They objected on religious grounds to the Preventative Services Task Force because it approves no cost coverage for HIV prevention medication known as PREP. The people who are challenging or suing say their religious rights are being violated by making them complicit in facilitating homosexual behavior, drug use, and sexual activity outside of marriage between a man and a woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little conservative view. But what's I think interesting here is the argument is and it's not on the merits, by the way, No one's arguing the merits, because that's so insane that HIV preventative care is somehow engaged or somehow it encourages all kinds of homosexual sex, etc. That's crazy. But it's a technical issue. Does the president does Obamacare have the the president have legal authority to establish this uh task force under the Constitution because Congress has to do this. Now, what's interesting ask these people about the same issues as to whether the president has the authority to do what Trump is doing, and not one of them will say, Oh no, no, that's not a problem. It's only asked to this stuff. So you can't have both. You can't. It's either one or the other.
Speaker 1: And where you stop it?
Speaker 2: Bill glut needs a sin So diabetes, Yeah, all to diabetes.
Speaker 1: What if you have high cholesterol? What if you I mean, what where do you stop it?
Speaker 3: You know? For example, I mean you know, does it go so far? Is killing your parents? Which I completely understand, Uh, there are never mind, it's a ten commandments?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, going way.
Speaker 3: Back, going way back. Yeah, well yeah, but it's but I mean, unfortunately, this is so insane. And we'll see what the court says, because up to this point, what Congress has done is given the president unbelievable leeway, more and more, far more to this president than Obama had. But that seems to but it's not just Obama. It just every Congress gives more and more power to the sitting president to where the president has unbridled power. There's almost no controls at all, and that is what the Supreme Court is going to deal with. So is this I can't imagine that this issue of Obamacare is going to be attacked successfully because then everything a president does outside of what Congress specifically says would therefore be illegal. Every executive decision We're just not you can't do it. So I can't see it going that far, at least I can't. Okay, let's move on, all right.
Speaker 2: Ukraining a president to Vladimir Zelenski is accusing Russia on Sunday of creating this false appearance of honoring Easter ceasefire. He says that Moscow continued to launch attacks after Russian president announced a unilateral temporary truce, but as Easter morning arrived, they said that the Russian army is trying to create this general impression of ceasefire, but in some places they didn't abandon individual attempts to continue to advance and flick the losses on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know who's telling me the truth? I would guess that Putin's a bigger liar. You think I would think, yeah, yeah, yeah, go figure. Oh, we didn't wish everybody a happy Easter yesterday.
Speaker 1: By the way, because it was Sunday and you weren't on the air.
Speaker 3: That's true, But I should have started this morning with the Pope is dead Happy Easter, and I didn't do that. So, by the way, I'm not connecting the two. Although it's interesting, isn't it that the Pope died, Well he didn't die on Easter. He died the day after Easter. But is there any significance there? You're the theologian, Neil.
Speaker 2: That Cono can use the Pope is dead Happy Easter as a drop?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you know what is that? There is that drop? Pope is dead? Pope is dead. He was a CNN reporter that was saying that before and this was John Paul the second before he had actually died. Yeah, that was he got all kind and God all kinds of grief for it. You know, the guy was dying, all right, So they called it ten minutes earlier. I mean, give me a break. Oh that is horrific. That's like all the credit being given to We broke the story, right, insert name of news organization. We broke the story, and thirty seconds later every other news organization picks it up and you hear it. But this incredible urge to quote break the story is yeah, I don't see it, but then I'm not a newsperson. Amy, you're a newsperson. How big a deal is it to break a story? Exactly? Yeah, well said, Okay, it's a big yeah. Gat.
Speaker 5: You want to be first, but you want to be right. And it sounds like the one guy just jumped the gun. He probably already knew it just hadn't been confirmed.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: If one is at risk, all are at risk.
Speaker 5: That's the word from Senator Chris van Holland, who recently traveled to El Salvador to meet with Kilmar Abrego Garcia. Of course, he's the guy who was caught in an ice sweep in Maryland and was deported.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: Van Holland told CNN it poses a threat to the constitutional rights of everybody in America. And he said, if we deny the institutional rights of this one man, it threatens the constitutional rights of everybody in America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not a strange one. But the White House is pushing that he was a member of MS thirteen, that he's a bad, bad guy, ignoring the argument, isn't he allowed due process? He's a bad guy? Throw him out, But first you have to determine that he is. He has the right to he has the right to defend himself. There was no defense here. He was picked up with the administration admitting it was a mistake and instead of going whoops and made a mistake, let's get him back and then we'll try him and then we'll go ahead with charges and if they're right, okay, he gets deported and they're doubling down, unfortunately, missing the fact that due process has to be allowed. And there the president is doing us and again power of the presidency is at risk. Is at stake here the Aliens Edition Act the pres and it is using. It was passing i think seventeen ninety eight, and it allows a president to declare an emergency and it's only been used in cases of war twice. That's it, World War One, world War two. By the way, that was how the Japanese were interred during World War Two under this act, Aliens Sedition Act, because there was no due process. No Japanese American could walk into court and say, hey, what are you guys doing to me? I'm not a threat to the United States. It was just done unilaterally or arbitrarily. So does the President have the right. Is there any limit? Does he simply say under this Act, I can deport anybody under any circumstances. That's the issue. It's not a brego. It's not this guy per se. So all right, let's move on because this is important one to say the least.
Speaker 1: This is a crazy ass story.
Speaker 2: I came across this on Instagram from LA Insider, whom I follow and a great follow. By the way, it's somebody going around, presumably with the chainsaw by the looks of things, cutting down a number of shade trees along South Grand Avenue and some other areas downtown. And it's just nuts. I mean, some of them are cut at the base, some of them are cut three four feet from the roots, and they're just cut down. And they still don't know who it is or what's going on. But this is big time breaking story. A number of the trees appeared to be drought resistant species known as Indian.
Speaker 1: Laurel fig.
Speaker 2: But all over the place and they're just dropping them and I'm starting to see more and more of these. LA in a minute covered it as well as the La Times now, but they have no leads that I'm aware of.
Speaker 3: All Right, let's move to story fourteen because this was a softball to me. This was God saying, Bill, I'm going to give you a good story just because you are a talk show host. So Amy, would you do story number fourteen so I can come in and make an ass out of myself?
Speaker 5: Okay, mom, dad, you need to have the talk earlier for a lot of parents.
Speaker 4: You know, having the talk makes you a little squeamish.
Speaker 5: But there are groups that are saying that, you know, there are two talks you should have.
Speaker 4: One is the sex talk.
Speaker 5: The other one is about puberty, and that fort of parents say they only really talk to their kids about puberty after the kid goes, hey, mom, dad, what the heck is going on in my body?
Speaker 3: Yep, and we're finding out some problem. So there are too many people, as you just said, that don't tell their kid what's going on. Kid goes, mom, dad, I'm growing a beard, I'm getting and then they tell their daughter it's because we're Armenian. Okay. I had to do that. Couldn't throw that one away, could not control myself.
Speaker 2: My wife and I have agreed that when our boy, all right year old boy comes to us and says, what's happening in my body is well point scream and run away going oh my.
Speaker 3: God, Oh my god, Oh my god. That shit is yeah. Yeah, like what doctor Keeney told me. He said, may all your dreams be wet.
Speaker 4: No, that is not what doctor Keeney said.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Doctor Keeney and I were talking at your wedding as a matter of fact, and he said, uh, we're talking about being open and honest with our boy. And he said, you know, nowadays, if you don't have a conversation about these things by the time they're ten, they're already going to hear it from someone else. You have to be you know, your progressive revelation where you give them a little bit of information needs to be sped up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are done, guys. Story. Oh seven o'clock. I'm gonna do it. Oh, I'm gonna continue. Oh got it. Okay, so we'll do two segments Conclave and Pope Francis dying. Fair enough, Okay, we'll be back. This is KFI AM six point forty. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,