Speaker 1: Blood Ties, the award winning audio drama from Wondery, returns for its third season Strange Days, with another thrilling story about greed, power, and deception. Five years have passed since Eleanor, played by Jillian Jacobs of Community, took over as CEO of the infamous Richland Family Empire alongside her half brother Santino played by Christian Navro of Thirteen Reasons Why. Together, they decide to invest the family fortune in a groundbreaking, controversial new drug, But as shocking revelations about the new treatment emerge, Eleanor and Santino go to every length to protect their control of the Richland Family dynasty. As Eleanor's father always said, medicine is a bloody business. You're about to hear a preview of Blood Ties. Listen to Blood Ties on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Spotify, or you can listen ear and ad free by joining Wondery Plus in the Wondery app.
Speaker 2: Driver We Okay, hell of a storm. Surprised you were even able to land. I'm sure what I'm doing right now looks absolutely beautiful from the outside. A lone car wending its way up a majestic, snowy mountain. This is snow globe material. Straight up, The next time you let your kids shake the daylights out of a snow globe, say a little prayer for the people inside it. Yeah. Fifty mile an hour winds, blinding snow. My god, my stomach's doing flips. I'm sweating. And it's not just the hellish weather or the fact that we can't see where we're going. It's the feeling you get when you stand up for yourself, you double down, and then realize you might be dead wrong when we finally make it to doctor Cosar's facility down the top of this mountain. I am hoping for the best, but I'm bracing for the worst. Jesus, I've never seen so much snow in my life.
Speaker 1: Oh that's mighty soul again. Okay, I have to tell her no, let it.
Speaker 2: Go to voicemail. I don't want anyone to know we're here. Santino, not yet. Oh fuck it, Santino. Please hi baby, I know, I know. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 1: Look I got held up at the office.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be another all nighter.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I miss you guys too, kiss our baby girl from me. I love you.
Speaker 1: Oh there you happy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Santino, and thank you. I'm sorry, guys. I can't get you any further tonight. We'll head back down and dry ag it in the morning. How much further is it?
Speaker 1: It's non of it.
Speaker 2: Two miles, you know what, we'll walk. Come on, hey, we we do not need to die. Miss Tomorrow is fine.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow morning is.
Speaker 2: Fine, Sintina. You don't have to come with me. You go back down, get a hotel room. You can come meet me here tomorrow. I have seen that look in your eye, and it's look that means, no matter what I say, you're gonna trudge your ass in the snow until you find what you need. Right yep, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Wait up?
Speaker 2: Has it been two miles? I think so. The driver said there was a driveway, can't miss it, but I think we made her own turn. Okay, just just just keep going.
Speaker 1: I think we're still on the road. Think, I think warm.
Speaker 2: Thoughts old no Sentino fish from a couple of hours ago.
Speaker 1: What what? What? What time did you tell co Sar we were coming?
Speaker 2: Oh? I didn't tell him we were coming. What what's our company now, sant You know, it's not like we need to make an appointment. And besides, I don't want to welcome Matt. I want to see what I've actually bought. Santina, come on, say something.
Speaker 1: I think we're in serious trouble here.
Speaker 2: No, I mean something confident.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. No, I can't feel my feet or my hands. My body is practically convulsing.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm sorry. Here, come here, let's let's huddle up. What was that?
Speaker 1: Stay right where you are not.
Speaker 2: Really dressed for hiking or we're not hiking.
Speaker 1: Get your hands up, you two friends. I wish you'd called first, right, Who are you?
Speaker 2: I'm Eleanor Richland, and I own this land.
Speaker 1: She's here. Get out of those clothes and put these on scrubs.
Speaker 2: Where's my brother?
Speaker 1: After your dress? Go through that door.
Speaker 2: Doctor Kozar is waiting.
Speaker 1: Your brother will be too. You just heard a preview of Blood Ties. Listen to the rest of this episode wherever you get your podcasts.