Speaker 1: Lady, gentlemen, welcome to Sunday Service, Episode forty eight. I'm your host, Josh Monday. If you don't know me, I'm a Christian rapper, devoted husband, father, and Army veteran. And this is brought to you by Cult of Conspiracy Podcast. Thank you so much for joining me. Last week on Sunday Service, we talked about Ruth chapter one through four, and then we got to cover just the very first chapter of Samuel. So this week we're gonna try to cover our Samuel first Samuel two probably through like five or six, depending, but yeah, thank you for joining me. In a couple shout outs from people last week that commented we had a Josh fashing, Mitch Whiskers White, Angela Kelly, and MDMP twenty two, thank you guys so much for commenting and let me see I you guys have any questions on here? Will who? Thank you let's see and God bless this guy. Yeah, thank you, God bless you to Wister's White. I appreciate you. Angela loved the book Roof that helps me no matter what happened in my life, I know that God has a plan for me. Amen, Angela. Okay, So I don't see any questions. Let's go ahead and check Wednesday service and see if we had any questions on there. Let's see, so we got Jcon forty four to twenty. Thank you so much. And yes, I already prayed already for you for your mom and I'll continue to pray for her. Okay, if everybody can pray for Jcon forty four twenty, it's just I guess Jay is what you could probably call him. Why you pray? We could all pray for his mom. She's in the ICU. She's indeed of all the prayers she can get. So let's go ahead and do that now. So, Father God, in the name of Jesus, we pray for J. For J and his mother. We pray for healing for his mother. Lord, we asked that you please bless her and also for J if you keep him calm in the situation and also put your healing hand over his mom. Please, we know that she's in the ICU and whoever's taking care of I asked you give them the expertise that they need to be able to do whatever they need to do to fix whatever's happening. Lord, only you know what's going on I don't so please, Lord, we ask you in Jesus name, if you could please heal her and keep her safe. Thank you, we love you, appreciate you and Jesus name. Amen, and yeah, Jay, I'll also pray for you in private. Already did, but I'll praise Sporre Josh Fashing. I appreciate you. Mitch Angela MDMP twenty two. Please continue the comments. You guys are always commenting every week, which I love. I appreciate it. Any new people that want to comment, please comment. Like I said, it pushes the show up the algorithm and also shows cult the conspiracy that I'm doing my job. Getting five to eight to nine comments a week is perfect. It's a blessing. It really helps me out and shows Jonathan and Jacob that I'm doing my job and that you guys are enjoying the show, which that's what I'm here for. I'm here to spread the gospel message and also to make it so you guys have an enjoyable show. So let's go ahead and continue here. Let's see. Let me go ahead and do the intro first. So first, Samuel two is a powerful reminder that God honors those who honor him, and that actions have consequences. As we see Hannah blessed for her faith. As we see Hannah blessed for her faith in Eli's house curse for its issues, we learn that God's justice and sovereignty are unwavering. This chapter calls for trust, obedience, and reverence in our relationship with God. Yes. Amen, So we're going to start out with Hannah's prayer. Let me go ahead and pull up the blue Letter Bible aporal quick, so you guys could see that on the screen. All right, perfect? So all right, so we got first Samuel, chapter two, verse one, So let me go to my notes A right. So, and Hannah prayed and said, my heart rejoices in the Lord. My horn is exalted in the Lord. So let's stop there real quick. So horn actually represents strength, so it means my strength is exalted. Exalt in the Bible primarily signifies being raised to or higher position, status, or honor, often in divine or spiritual context. It can refer to God being lifted up in praise and reverence, or to individuals being elevated in favor, power, or influence. The concept often emphasizes God's sovereignty and recognition. Of his greatness. Just want to let you know what that what that means, and let's go out and continue. I smile at my enemies because I rejoice in your salvation. No one is holy like the Lord, for there is no one besides you, nor is there any rock like our God. Talk no more so very proudly, let no arrogance come from your mouth. For the Lord is the God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. The bows of the mighty men are broken, and those who stumbled are girded with strength. Those who are full have hired themselves out of bread, and the hungry have seized to hunger. Even the baron has born seven, and she who has the children has become feeble. The Lord kills and makes alive. He brings down to the grave and brings up. The Lord makes poor and makes rich. He brings low and lifts up. He raises the poor from the dust, and lifts the beggar from the ash. Heap to set them among princes and make them inherit the throne of glory. For the pillars of the earth are the lords, and he has set the world upon them whoa hold on. Look at that, give me a second here, for the pillars of the earth are the lords, and he has set the world upon them. Uh. Oh, that's a little flat earth right there. That's why I wanted to say that. All right, he will guard the feet of his saints, but the wickedness shall be silent in darkness. Yeah, guys, this biblical cosmology. That's why I brought that up. I just just played a joke with you, guys. I do believe that it is though like this, but I'm just playing with you guys. For by strength no man shall prevail. The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken in pieces from heaven. He will thunder against them. The Lord will judge to the ends of the earth. Wow. Another one. He will give strength to his king and exalt the horn of his annoyed, the strength of his anoided. Amen. So just want to let you guys know. When Hannah was dropping off, you know, so she looks like she had seven children, including Samuel, because you see what she says right there. She says that the woman was barren, but she had seven children. Yes, she's speaking of herself. Very interesting, and you know, imagine how hard it was for her to leave Samuel, her one and only son with Eli. You know, he was old and his sons were very corrupt. Okay, so let me read a little bit about his two sons. Eli's two sons of the Bible were Hoffne and Finias also spelled Phineas okay sorry. Both served as priest at the tabernacle, but they were corrupt, greedy, and morally bankrupt, mistreating people and prostituting themselves with the women at the tabernacle. Because of their wicked behavior and Eli's failure to discipline them, they eventually had some issues at the end that I'm gonna go over. I don't want to tell you guys what it says yet, Okay, So, but yeah, so he had two wicked sons and she's dropping off her one and only son that God has blessed them with, blessed her with her and her husband and Samuel. And Eli was old, heavyset guy. She's gonna go ahead and give her son over to Eli. So it must have been very hard for her. But when you were representing God like Eli was, his two sons, they were they were sitting like that. You're gonna see when we go through this, you'll see what they're doing kind of explains it in pretty good detail on the next couple verses here. But yeah, so I just wanted to point out that it must have been hard for her to do that, but she just had faith, right, she had faith in the Lord. And then the Lord blessed her for her faith. She blessed her with another six children besides uh Samuel. So that's that's that's awesome, what a blessing, you know. So it just kind of shows you what she's what she's gone through, and how God has blessed her. It says, then Elkna went to his house at Ramah, but the child ministered to the Lord before Eli the priest. Okay, and now let me go ahead and see what a Hannah's prayer, and I see what I have in my notes. Hannah's prayer in First Samuel two one through ten is a profound declaration of God's holiness, sovereignty, and justice. She exclaims there was no one holy like the Lord. Indeed, there is no one besides you, and there is no rock like our God. So let's go ahead and go over this a little bit in detail. So Hannah's prayer of praise, found in First Samuel two verses one through ten is a profound expression of gratitude and worship offered by Hannah, the mother of the prophet Samuel. This prayer is a response response to God's answer to her fervent prayers for a child, and it reflects deep in theological insights and heartfelt acknowledgment of God's sovereignty and faithfulness. The context is Hannah was one of two wives of Elkna. She was deeply dist us by her barrenness, especially in the light of fire and the light of the provocation from Elkina's other wife, Pina, who was who had children. In her anguish, Hannah prayed earnestly to the Lord, which we kind of we already know in First Samuel one to eleven. Okay, God answered her prayer, and she bore his son. So the context of this prayer is a rich tapestry of themes that include thanksgiving, divine sovereignty, and prophetic insight. It begins with the personal expression of joy and strength found in the Lord. My heart rejoices in the strength my horn, or my strength is exalted in the Lord, or raised up right. My mouth boasts over my enemies. I delight in Your salvation. God's holiness and uniqueness. Hannah acknowledges the holiness and uniqueness of God, declaring there is no one holy like the Lord. Indeed, there's no one besides you. There is no rock like our God. The statement underscores the distinctiveness and reliability of God is a foundation of life. Divine rehearsal a significant theme and Hannah's prayer is the reversal of human fortunes by divine intervention. She speaks of the Lord's power to humble the proud and exalt the humble, to bring life and death, and to make rich and poor. This reflects the Biblical principle that God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble James, Chapter four, Verse number six. God's sovereignty. Hannah's prayer emphasizes God's sovereign control over the affairs of the world. She declares that the Lord brings death and gives life. He brings down to shield and raises up. Hold on, let me see the Lord, he said, bring down to the grave and brings up, but it says down to shield another. This s acknowledge that of God's ultimate authority over life and death is a testament to his omnipotence. And let me just mark this so don't forget where we're at. Prophetic insight. The prayer dudes with a prophetic vision of God's anoided king. He will give strength to his King and exult the horn of his anoied or the strength of his anoided. This significant as it anticipates the establishment of the monarchy of Israel and ultimately points to the coming of the Messiah, the ultimate anoided one. Hannah's prayer of praise is not only a personal expression of thanksgiving, but also with theological declaration that resonates throughout the Bible narrative. It sets the stage for the unfolding account of Israel's monarchy and the Messianic hope. Hannah's faith and her recognition of God's sovereignties serve as an enduring example of trust and devotion to God. Her prayer as a reminder of the power of earnest prayer and the faithfulness of God to fulfill his promises. Praise God. That's awesome. Now we're going to read about the wicked sons of Eli, the corruption of Eli's sons. Now, the sons of Eli were corrupt. They did not know the Lord and the priests. Custom with the people was that when any man offered he sacrifice, the priests servant would come with a three plunged, three pronged flesh hook in his hand. While the meat was boiling. Then he would thrust into the pan and kettle or caldron or pot, and the priest would take for himself all the flesh hook brought up. So they did in Shilah to all the Israelites who came there. Also, before they burned the fat, the priest's servant would come and say to the man who sacrifices, give meat for roasting to the priest, for he will not take boiled meat from you, but raw. And if the man said to him, they should really burn the fat first, then then you take as much as your heart desires. He would then answer him, no, but you must give it now, and if not, I will take it by force. Therefore, the sin of the young man, it was very great before the Lord, for men of born the offering of the sin I mean offering to the Lord. This chapter contrasts Hannah's faithfulness to the wickedness of Eli's sons, Hopney and Phoenis, who had no regret, no regard for the Lord. So the account of the corruption of Eli's sons Hopknef is a significant narrative found in the Old Testament signifilly in the book of First Samuel. So it says in Second Samuel or First Samuel two twelve through thirty six. The narrative is center in the town in Israel was transitioned from the period of judges to the establishing of monarchy. Eli served as a high priest and judge of the Israel as his sons Hopney and Phoenis were priests and the tabernacle in Shiloh. Their account is primarily recorded as Samuel okay So character Hopneya were described as did not know the Lord, and their actions were characterized by blatant disregard for the sacred duties of the priesthood and the commandments of God. They exploited their position for personal gains, showing and contempt to the sacrificial offerings brought by the Israelites on the primary transgressions involved in the sacrificial system. According to the law, the priests were entitled to a certain portion of the sacrifices, but Haffady and Phenus took more than they were allotted of them. They demanded raw meat from the worshippers before the fat was burned, which was a direct violation of the sacrifice official protocol. This act of greed and in reverence was an affront to God and a stumbling block to the people of Israel. Additionally, they which we're going to read right now, let's go ahead and continue. So you see what they did wrong though, Okay, they were taking the meat beforehand. What they're supposed to do. They're supposed to be cooking it. They're supposed to tick a fork in it. And whatever they get is there is there allotment. They're not supposed to ask for raw and then take it and then go and cook it themselves and eat the fat and the meat on it. You see, let's go to continue. We're in First Samuel two verse eighteen. But Samuel ministered before the Lord even as a child, wearing a linen epod. Moreover, his mother used to make him a little robe and bring it to him year by year when she came up with her husband to offer the yearly sacrifice. And Eli would bless Elkna and his wife and say, the Lord give you descendants from this woman for the loan that is given to the Lord, and they would go to their own home. The Lord, give you descendants from this woman for the loan that was given to the Lord. Then they would go to their own home. And the Lord visited Hannah so that she conceived and bore three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the child Samuel grew up before the Lord. So maybe she had six children, but I could have sworn I read on there that she had seven. Let's see if she has anymore. And then and the child Samuel grew in stature and in favor both with the Lord and men. Let's go ahead and stop right there. So oh Eli grew Okay, oh, it said, Now Eli was very old, and he heard everything his sons did to Israel, and how they lay with the women who assembled at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. And she said to them, why do you do such things? Okay, So here's the part about Eli's sons. So it says, now Eli was very old, and he heard everything his sons did to all Israel. This is first Samuel two, verse twenty two. Now Eli was very old, he heard everything his sons. It did to all Israel, and how they lay with the women who assembled at the door of the tabernacle of meeting. So he said to them, why do you do such things? For I hear of the evil dealings from all the people. Now, my sons, for it is not a good report that I hear you make the Lord's people transgress. If one man sins against another, God, if one man sins against another, God will judge him. But if a man sends against the Lord, he will intercede for him. Who will intercede for him? Nevertheless, they do not heed the voice of their father, because the Lord desired to kill them. Okay, now I want to tell you guys something really quick. Let's pull it up real quick. That's going to be Aaron's sons. There we go. Okay, So according to the Biblical account and Leviticus ten, this is kind of I'm bringing this up because this is very similar to what Eli's children are doing. Obviously, they're not as blatant these are. These kids are more blatant. But it says that according to the Bible, the Biblical account and Leviticus ten, which you guys remember back in Leviticus ten, Aaron's two sons. It says God killed Nabab and a bee, who the sons of after they offered strange fire before the Lord. They disobeyed God's specific instructions regarding the offerings of incense, which was to be done with the fire taken from the altar. This act of disobedience and disrespect towards God's holiness resulted in their immediate death by fire from the Lord. Okay. The incident, Nadab and Abindon were instructed to use a specific type of fire from the altar when offering incense. Instead, they used a strange fire, which is often interpreted as fire not taken from the desertated altar. God's response this unauthorized offering was seen as a grave offense, demonstrating a lack of respect for God's holiness. As a consequence, God sent fire from the altar to consume them. Okay. The significance the incident serves as a strong reminder of the seriousness of disobeying to God and the importance of approaching God with reverence and according to his specific instructions. According to some interpretation of the Bible, it highlights that God's holiness demands proper respect and obedience. Okay, we got to understand, they're in a priestly role. These two guys are in a their work. They're working at the tabernacle. Okay, So Aaron sons got killed. Now we have these two guys disrespecting the tabernacle as well, okay, and not following God's laws. And then they and then they're also sleeping around with women. And they're also cooking the taking the food, you know, taking more of their allotment than they're supposed to take. They're being greedy. So we'll continue reading in in my notes Eli's response to God's judgment. Eli, though aware of his son's actions, failed to restrain them effectively. I'm sorry, let's go up here. Additionally, they engaged in a moral behavior by sleeping with the women who served in the entrance of the tent of meeting. This further demonstrator their lack of respect for the holiness of their office and the sacetity of the tabernacle. So let's go ahead and continue. So it says, so we said to them, why do you do such things? For I do hear the evil dealings from all the people, my sons. And then we already went through that we went through twenty five. We already did that. It said the Lord desired to kill him. Now in verse twenty six. Now first Samuel two verse twenty six. And the child Samuel grew in stature and in favor both with the Lord and men. Then a man of God came to Eli and said to him, Thus says the Lord, do I not clearly reveal myself to the house of your father when you were in Egypt and Pharaoh's house? Did I not choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer up my altar, to burn incense, and to wear an e thought before me? And did I not give up the house of your father of all the offerings of the children of Israel made by fire? He's talking about Levi. Okay, that's what he's talking about. Did I clearly reveal myself in the house of your father, your father, Levi? That's what he's talking about, right, because Eli is a Levi. Let's continue on verse twenty nine. Why do you kick my sacrifice and my offerings, which I have commanded in my dwelling place, and honor your sons more than me to make yourselves fat with the best of all the offerings of Israel my people. Therefore, the Lord God of Israel says, I said, indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before me forever. But now the Lord says, far be it from me. For those who honor me, I will honor, and to those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed. Behold, the days are coming that I will cut off your arm and the arm of your father's house, so that there will be not an old man in your house. And you will see an enemy in my dwelling place, despite all the good which God does for Israel. And there shall be not an old man in your house forever. But any of your men whom I do not cut off from the authors, shall consume your eyes and grieve your heart. All the descendants of your house shall die in the flower of their age. Now this shall be a sign to you that will come upon your two sons, on Hopni and Finias, and one day they shall die, both of them. Then I will raise up myself a faithful priest who shall do according to what is in my heart and in my mind. I will build a sure house that he shall walk before Mia noted forever, and it shall come to pass that everyone who is left in your house will come and bow down to him for a piece of silver, a morsel of bread, and say, please put me in one of the priests positions, that I may eat a piece of bread. So wow, So we'll continue in the notes here it says Eli, though aware of a son's action, failed to restrain them effectively. He rebuked them, saying, why do you do such things? For I hear your evil dealings from all these people. However, his rebuke was insign efficient, and he did not take decisive action to remove them from their priestly duties, which he should have done immediately. Right if they're sleeping with women and they're doing these things, that they should have been out immediately. As a result, as a result of their continued disobedience, a man of God came to Eli with a message of judgment. The Lord declared that in the house of Eli would no longer walk before him, and both Hofni would die on the same day. This prophecy was fulfilled in one Samuel four to eleven, which we're going to see, when the Philistines defeated Israel in a battle for both sons were killed. What is the theological implications? The corruption of Eli's son serves as a stark reminder of the importance of holiness and obedience in the service of God. Their actions only brought judgment upon themselves, but also led to the downfall of their father's house and contributed to the spiritual decline of Israel. This narrative underscores the principle that those who serve in positions of spiritual leadership are held in a high standard of conduct and accountability before God. This account also foreshadows the need for a faithful priest and ultimately points to the coming of Jesus Christ, the perfect high priest, who would fulfill the priests the role which complete righteousness and obedience to the Father. Amen. Yes, good stuff. So and then also there was a man of God prophesied judgment against Eli's house due to the sins of his son's howling God's justice for the consequences of disobedience and First Samuel two twenty seven through thirty six. Okay, so all right, we went ahead and finished that chapter. Let me see if I'm missing anything. Levis who you was speaking about. I already went over that and then Also, I'm probably willing to bet that his two sons, even though the Bible does not say it. Can you imagine being his two sons. Samuel comes and Samuel's like perfect, you know, we're in the e foud getting along with Eli really well, you know, obeying the Lord, receiving word from the Lord. I'm sure that they were not very They were probably a little jealous of him. Not saying that that's one hundred percent sure, that's just me speculating, but you would think, you know, the two sons, they see Samuel come, a little boy is and then their older dad takes care of him, and he's doing fantastic, you know, in the sight of the Lord. Okay, I think that's everything for that chapter. Let me just go to my other notes, so that's prepared, and let's go over some practical applications for this chapter. Trust in God's sovereignty, Like Hannah, we can trust in God's control over our circumstances, knowing that he is a faithful and just God. Okay, Humility Before God recognized the importance of humility and submission to God's will as he exalts the humble and brings low the proud, integrity and leadership. Eli's son serve as a warning about the dangers of corruption and the importance of integrity, especially in positions of leadership. Yes, and also it shows you that God, where you are in that role or you're trying to take on that role, you need to very you need to pray about it. You know. Even me, like, if I sin, I feel I feel like I'm letting you guys down, and I'm letting God down so much, you know, because I'm stepping up here teaching and you know, if I'm if I'm teaching, I should be putting putting myself to a higher standard. You know, we're all humans. But still, so, yeah, that's how I feel. So yeah, putting myself in this position, I am putting myself in a position of a teacher. I'm teaching the word of God. So if I do sin, you know, I feel I feel even worse, you know. Okay, So faithful prayer life, Okay, Yeah, faithful prayer life. Emulate Hannahs a example of fervent and faithful prayer, trusting that God hears and answers in his perfect timing. Amen, Let's go.
Speaker 2: Ahead check out additional scriptures we have Luke one forty six through fifty five echoes.
Speaker 1: The themes of Hannah's prayer have any God's mercy and reversal of human fortunes. Let's go ahead and read it. Let's go to it's my Bible. There we go. We're going to for.
Speaker 3: Luke one, Luke one forty six to fifty five.
Speaker 1: Hey, excuse me, uh, forty six to fifty five. Let's go the Song of Mary, and Mary said, my soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoicing in God, my Savior, for he has regarded the lowly state of his maid servant. For behold, henceforth all generations will come will call me blessed, For he who is mighty has done great things for me. And holy is his name, and mercy is on those who fear him. From generation to generation. He has shown strength with his arm. He has scattered a proud in the imagination of their hearts. He has put down the mighty and their and their thrones, and exalted the lowly, which means bring up the lowly right. He has filled the hungry with the good things, and the rich has sent away empty. He has helped his servant Israel and rememberance of his mercy. He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed forever. Wow, hold on and Mary made with her about three months or returned to her house. So I think this is very interesting. I don't need to get off subject. But so Mary here says he has helped to serve in Israel in remembrance of his mercy, as he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed forever. So is she's saying that Jesus was the one that was speaking to Abraham. Well, if you go back to Abraham when the two angels came for Solomega more, it's second like Genesis eighteen. It says the Lord appeared to Abraham with two men, but they ended up being two angels. Right, So that's really interesting that she says, as he spoke to our father's. Yeah, let me just I need to copy that. I need to send that to my friend. We always send stuff to each other, and I think that's a very important one, very important stuff. Yeah, okay, all right, let's continue. The next one is Romans eight, verse twenty eight. Let's go there real quick. Romans eight, verse twenty eight is and we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Okay, amen, all right, and then warnings against corruption we know. Proverbs sixteen, verse eighteen warns the pride warns that pride before destruction. Okay. So Proverbs eighteen sixteen, verse eighteen, let's go there, all right, Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall warns that pride goes before destruction, a theme evident in the lives of Eli's sons. Okay, cool, So we're finished with that chapter. Let's go to the top. So that's the end of chapter two. We already went through all the teaching points I needed to go through, and my notes perfect. So let me go back to these notes here, and we're going to go to Samuel's first prophecy. Then let's go here, but first we'll do our introduction to first Samuel. Three, The Lord calls Samuel. This chapter's profound exploration of Samuel's divine calling reminds us of the importance of being open to God's guidance and revelations. It shows how God's plans are righteous and just, calling esh the faithful, obedient, and humility before his divine will. Despite our fear of reluctance, we must faithfully carry out our duties and acknowledge His sovereignty in our lives. Some water, okay, perfect, all right, let's go down to her. Let's go ahead and start reading. So we got first Samuel three, verse one. Now the boys. Now the boy Samuel ministered to the Lord before Eli. And the word of the Lord was rare in those days. There was no widespread revelation. And it came to pass at that time when Eli was lying down in his place, and when his eyes had begun to grow so dim that he could not see, and before the lamp of God went out of the tabernacle of the Lord where the ark of God was. And why while Samuel was lying down that the Lord called Samuel, and he answered, here I am. So he ran to Eli and said, here I am before you called me. And he said, I did not call. Lie down again. And he went and laid down. Then the Lord called again Samuel. So Samuel arose and went to Elio and said, here I am, for you called me. He answered, I did not call you, my son, Lie down again. Now Samuel did not know that the Lord, nor was Now Samuel did not know that the Lord, nor was the word of the Lord not yet revealed to him. And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. So he arose and went to Elion and said, here, I am, did you call me? And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the boy. Therefore Eli said to Samuel, go lie down, and if it shall be if he calls you, then you must say, speak, Lord, for your servants hears. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. Now the Lord came and stood. The Lord came and stood and called as at the other time Samuel Samuel, and Samuel answered, speak for your servant hears. So let's go ahead and stop there real quick. Very interesting. So the rarity of God's word in those days, the word of the Lord was rare and visions were scarce. This highlights the spiritual condition of Israel and the importance of being receptive to God's voice. So it was rare because yeah, it highlights the spiritual, spiritual condition of Israel at the time. And you see what they're doing at the at the at the tabernacle. You see what they're doing. They're hooking up with women, they're doing all these different things. So for Samuel three, verse one, Samuel was ministering before the Lord under Eli, showing his dedication and faithfulness even as a young boy. And then God calls to Samuel. God calls Samuel by name, demonstrating his personal and direct communication with those he chooses. And then you see Eli's guidance in First Samuel three, verses three through nine. Eli, despite his own spiritual shortcomings comings, recognizes God's call to Samuel and instructs him on how to respond. And and for Samuel three ten, we get that response for your servant is listen, okay. So we'll dig a little deeper into God calling Samuel. The call of Samuel's a pivotal event in the Old Testament, marking the transition from the period of judges to the establishment of the monarchy in Israel. This event is recorded in First Samuel three and highlights the themes of divine revelation obedience in the prophetic office. Samuel, a young boy serving in the temple under the priest Eli, is chosen by God to be his prophet, suddenly setting the states for a significant developments in Israel's history. Amen, So let's go ahead and find out what the Lord says to Samuel. Then the Lord said to Samuel, behold, I will do something in Israel at which both ears of everyone who hears it will tingle. In that day, I will perform against Eli all that I have spoken concerning is Files from beginning to end. For I have told him that I will judge his house forever for the iniquity which he knows, because his sons made themselves vile and he did not restrain them. And therefore I have sworn to the house of Eli at the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be atoned for by sacrifice or offering forever. So imagine being Samuel and God telling you that, and you're staying with uh, you know, you're staying in the in the tabernacle with Eli. And now you have to tell Eli this that the Lord said this, Well, kind of it kind of shows you his obedience level, you know, because of what he does, because if you're a boy, you'd kind of be afraid to respond like that, you know. So let's see what Samuel does.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: So Samuel laid down until morning and opened the doors of the House of the Lord. And Samuel was afraid to tell Eli the vision. Then Eli called Samuel, said Samuel, my son. He answered, here I am, and he said, he that's so cute, you know, you can imagine it being a boy. And he said, what is the word that the Lord spoke to you? Please do not hide it from me. God do so to you. And more also, if you hid anything from me of all the things that he said to you, then Samuel told them everything. It hid nothing from him, and he said, it is the Lord. Let him do what seems good to him. So that kind of let him know that that's definitely the Lord right, because he knows what his sons have done, and he knew that that was coming. He probably already knew what the Lord said to Samuel. That's why he said, please don't hide anything from me, because he knows what God is probably saying, you know. So Samuel grew and the Lord was with him and let none of his words fall to the ground. So that part means none of his words went to waste because he was such a good prophet. And all of Israel from Dan to Brasheba knew that Samuel had been established as a prophet of the Lord. Then the Lord appeared again in Shilah. For the Lord reveat himself, revealed himself to Samuel and Shilah by the word of the Lord. Wow, doesn't that sound pretty crazy? For the Lord revealed himself to Samuel and Shilah by the word of the Lord. Who is the word of the Lord? Hmmm, First John, what does that say? What? What does first John say? I think you guys prioraity know this right. Let's go there real quick, just so that we don't butcher it in any way. And in the beginning was the word right, and the word was with God, and the word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him. Is the word of him? Yeah, it is. It's Jesus, right. And without him nothing was made that was made. And him was life, and life was the light of men and shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. And then if you go down to John seventeen, what does it say, I'm sorry, John fourteen, John one fourteen, And the word became flesh and dwelt among us. Who is he speaking about right here? Jesus? Okay, So now we go over here. It says for the Lord reveating himself to Samuel and Shiloh by the word of the Lord. That's very interesting. Some people would take that as that he revealed himself through Jesus, or maybe he just refilled himself through his word. Okay, I don't see it capitalized here, so it doesn't look like the interpreters would say that. But you know, I just think it's interesting when it says by the word of the Lord. And then okay, cool, and let me just go ahead and check here. And yeah, so you see Samuel's faithfulness. The Lord spoke to him and he's just a young boy right here, and he's faithful. And Samuel responds with humility and readiness, saying speak for your servant is listening. And then he gave the message of judgment God and trust Samuel with a difficult message concerning Eli's household, emphasizing the seriousness of God's word. Sometimes, if you're a prophet, you're not going to be hearing stuff that's like good news. You know, well, God's gonna bless your family forever. Sometimes you're going to hear stuff that you're not gonna want to tell somebody, right, I can imagine, But you see Samuel's faithfulness. He delivers God's message to Eli, showing the obedience and courage. Right, definitely a lot of courage Samuel established as a prophet. The Lord was with Samuel as he grew, and he let none of Samuel's words fall to the ground. This signifies God's endorsement of Samuel's prophetic ministry. Let's go ahead and read get a little deeper into that, right. Samuel, one of the most significant figures in the Old Testament, is recognized as the last of the judges and the first of the major prophets in Israel. His establishment as a prophet is a pivotal moment and biblical history, marking a transition from the period of the judges to the area of the monarchy. This entry explores the circumstances of significance of Samuel's calling and establishment of a as a prophet as recorded in the scriptures. Okay, back around in early life, we've already gone over that we called to Samuel. We kind of went over that the Lord called again. Yep. Recognition as a prophet. Samuel establishes as a prophet was confirmed by the fulfillment of the word he spoke the scripture notes, the Lord has with Samuel. The Lord was with Samuel as he grew, and he let none of Samuel's words follow the ground. This divine endorsement ensured that all of Israel, from Dan to Bersheba, recognized Samuel as a prophet of the Lord, all capitalized right of Yahweh. Samuel's role as a prophet was not limited to delivery messages from God. He also served as a judge and leader, guiding Israel through a tumultuous period. His influence was instrumental in the transition from the tribal confederation to the establishment of the monarchy under Saul, whom Samuel annoyed as the first King of Israel. I don't want to jump ahead, but that's where we're at there. Let's go ahead and go over some practical applications. Be a tentive to God's word, Like Samuel. We should be ready to listen and respond when God speaks to us. Amen, and you know when it's let me just go over these real quick before we go to the practical applications. So when it says right here that Samuel grew and the Lord was with him and let none of his fall to the ground, and it says that he was established as a prophet of the Lord. Okay. So in Deuteronomy eighteen twenty one through twenty two, let's go there real quick. It talks about like prophets, right, and let's see what it says. Deuteronomy eighteen twenty two through twenty.
Speaker 4: Two, twenty two through twenty three.
Speaker 1: So here we go. So this is what's telling you. This is telling you what a false prophet would be. Okay, So it says so that way you understand Deuteronomy eighteen, verse twenty two. When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken. The prophet has spoken a presumptuously, you shall not be afraid of him. So it's just saying that if you say that the Lord said this and it doesn't happen, the God cannot lie. Okay, that's ti this one too. It's impossible for God to lie Hebrews six eighteen. It's impossible for him to lie. So if you say that this word came from the Lord, he's not gonna You can't just say this came from the Lord, and then it doesn't happen, and you say, well, he probably just you know, he's changed his mind, Like no, no, no. What it says here is when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord and the thing does not happen or come to pass this thing which the Lord has not spoken, which means the Lord didn't tell him that, then he must be hearing a voice from somewhere else, like a demon or something. So we have false prophets that we got to kind of watch out for. And even Jesus talks about it in Matthew seven fifteen through sixteen. Let's go here, because I have some friends that tell me like, oh yeah, this prophet on the internet was saying that you know this is gonna happen. This's gonna happen, There's reptilians coming all this stuff. I'm like, uh okay, and it doesn't happen, So you got to watch out. You know that they'll say stuff like, hey, the Lord told me today that you know to watch out for this is gonna happen in twenty twenty four, and you know, the COVID's coming back, and this and that and all the stuff's gonna happen, and in twenty twenty four and happened. So it didn't come from the Lord. That's just somebody on the internet trying to get views and clicks and likes. Okay, so we got Matthew seven, verse fifteen, and we got to be really careful about this. Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them. Buy their fruits. Do men gather grapes from the thornbrushes, or figs from thistles. Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire, should be thrown in his shield.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Therefore, by their fruits, you will know them. Okay, So beware of false prophets because they're fruit, you know, like you see what the fruit is of, Like some of these things that scientists pushed, like for example, evolution, Big Bang theory, the fruit is atheist. Okay, that's kind of an example. So you're gonna have bad fruit. Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing. Okay, inwardly they are ravenous wolves. Very great verse for people to understand. But Samuel was not that guy. Samuel was Samuel was now, oh yeah, okay, So what's gonna happen is I'm gonna be going into verse four. That's why let me put a four there so I know chapter chapter four is gonna be this whole part. Okay, cool, all right, let's continue with these practical applications. Seek godly counsel. Eli's guidance to Samuel reminds us to the importance of seeking wisdom from mature believers. You see how Eli took the information that he said, and he said, let him do what he seems good to him. Basically, he's mature, right, He's a mature believer. He understands what he did wrong and his sons did wrong. Embrace God's call with humility. Approach God's calling with a servant heart ready to say, speak for your servant is listening. Deliver God's message faithfully, even when the message is difficult. We must be faithful in communicating God's truth. Amen. Cultivate a relationship with God regularly engage in prayer and scripture reading to recognize and understand God's voice. Amen. Amen, all good stuff. So all right, let's go ahead and go to some additional scriptures that you can connect to this chapter Isaiah six'. Eight THEN i heard the voice of The lord, saying whom SHALL i? Send who will go for? Us AND i, said, HERE i am send Me isaiah six. Eight. Amen and then, Uh john ten twenty. Seven my sheep listen to my. VOICE i know, them and they follow. Me and then we Have james one twenty. Two be doers of the word and not hearers, only otherwise you are deceiving. Yourselves so if you are, hearing be doers of the. Word so if you're hearing the word Of god and yet you're not doing, it what kind of faith is being? Produced? Right So i'm also need to understand this. Too be doers of the word and not hearers of the. Word, See i'm hearing, It i'm reading. IT i got to make sure That i'm doing it as, well, Right so, yeah it goes for me and everybody that's lifting, listening or all we're doing is deceiving. Ourselves, Right we're not deceiving or we're Deceiving god as. Well but we can't Deceive god right Because god knows every that we're. Doing we're just deceiving. Ourselves james has a very good point. There let me just pull that up real, quick BECAUSE i want to see what the man can't wait to get To, James because, man he really hits you right in the, gut doesn't, He James one verse twenty, Two it, says, there, therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of, wickedness and receive with, meekness the implaneted, word which is able to save your. Souls be doers of the, word not, hears only deceiving. Yourselves for if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a, doer he is like a man observing a natural face in the. Mirror for he observes, himself goes away and immediately forgets what kind of man he. Was but he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in, it and is not a forgetful, here but a doer of the, work this one will be blessed in what he. Does Wow, wow wow. Wow, okay, yep can't wait to get To. James it's gonna be awesome like like his his his his. Books let's, see he's got five. Chapters looking forward to, that, Okay so all, right his, book not. Books james only has one. BOOK i know, that BUT i mean looking forward to his. Chapters. Okay so now we have chapter, four which we got to quite. Quickly but that's, Okay and let me just get that pulled up and let me get here. Perfect let me see what's going on. Here just kind of a short chapter as. Well it says the death Of eli and the word Of samuel came to All, israel hold on real, quick and The ark Of god. Captured Now israel went out to battle against The, philistines and in camp Besides ebenezer and The philistines en camped In. Aphek then The philistines put themselves in battle array Against, israel and when they joined, Battle israel was defeated by The, philistines who killed about four thousand men of the army in the. Field and when the people had come into the, camp the elders Of israel, said why has The lord defeated us today before The. Philistines let us bring The ark of The covenant of The lord From shiloh to, us and when it comes among, us it may save us from the hand of our. Enemies so the people Sent shiloh and they might bring for them The ark of The covenant of The lord Of, host who dwells between The cherbom and the two sons Of Eli hoftny And phoenix were at were there with The ark of The covenant Of. God, Wow so we got a lot going on, here. Right so they lose the battle to The, philistines which is The, pagans and you, know The lord is usually with. Them and we saw it all throughout The, word right all throughout The word of The Old, testament that when they were going into, Battle god was with. Them and then what happened is they would they would they would stop Worshiping god and they'd be doing something, wrong and then they would then they would they would, lose and then they would call out to The, lord The lord, come they would help. Them it was happening back and. Forth so right now it happens to be a time when they are spiritually, weak you, Know israel spiritually, weak and they're not following anything that they're, well not not, anything but they are not doing what they're supposed to, do, Right so they call on having The ark of The covenant. Come, now what you're supposed to do is they should have called on The, lord, right they should have got right With. God because The ark of The covenant is not a rabbit's foot or a good luck charm where you could just grab, it have it come with you and then they're gonna be. Fine you, know it's not like. That it's not like you could rub the ark of The. Covenant god's going to come out like a genie and, say what do you. WISH i wish to defeat The. Philistines your wish is my. Command, boom goes back to The ark of The. Covenant that's not how it. Works but that's the way they're treating it here like an, idol, right which is not What god. Wants so it, says, yeah so here it says that they should have got right With. God so let's see what the ark of The covenant is, first so that we can kind of look into that before we. Go so in The, bible the ark of The covenant is a sacred chest described in The book Of, exodus believed to house The Ten commandments written on stone. Tablets it was a symbol Of god's presence among The israelites and served as a focal point for their. Worship the ark was crafted according to divine, specifications made from acacia wood and overlaid with, gold with the gold lid called The Mercy seat and two golden cherboom on. Top key details about the arc. Construction it was a rectangular chest made of acacia wood overlaid with pure. Gold the dimensions that meant it measured three point seven feet, long two point twenty five feet, wide and two point two five feet. High the contents the two stone tablets of The Ten commandments were kept inside the, arc along with a golden rod urn sorry along with a golden urn containing manna And erin's rod that butted. Function the ark was considered a sacred object Representing god's presence among The, isuelites and it was carried by priests during their. Travels symbolism The ark of The covenant was a Was the arc Symbolized god's covenant with The, isuelites his, law and his dwelling with his. People. Location initially it was housed in The tabernacle and later in The temple Of. Jerusalem significance the arc played a crucial role in The israelite, worship particularly during The day Of atonement when the high priests sprinkle blood on the mercy. Seat after The babylonian, exile The bible does not explicitly state what happened to the arc after The babylonians Conquered. Jerusalem SO i just kind of wanted to go over, that so you guys kind of see a basis of what it. Is and then so the presumption Of, Israel, yes so we'll go over that on my notes before we. Start verse. Five The israelites assumed that bringing The ark of The covenant into battle would guarantee, victory treating it as a talesman rather than respecting it as the symbol Of god's. Presence so the people sent men To shiloh to bring back The ark of The covenant of The lord Of, hosts who is enthroned between The cheruboom First samuel. Four verse. Four let's go ahead and continue. Now and when The ark of The covenant The lord came into the, camp All israel shouted so loudly that the earth. Shook so when that The ark of The covenant, came they, shouted but a lot of them were not following what was even in That what was in? There The Ten commandments were in, there. Okay and also that's the Old, covenant like The covenant was in that The so it says when the ark of The covenant The lord came into the, camp all Of israel shouted so loudly that earth. Shook that must have been a loud scream right. Now when The philistines heard that noise of the, shout they, said what does the sound of this great shout in the camp of The hebrews? Mean then they understood that the ark of The lord had come into the. Camp so The philistines were, afraid for they, Said god has come into the. Camp and they, said woe to, us for such a thing has never happened. Before woe to us who will deliver us from the hand of the those mighty gods with an s, right they don't. Understand, see they're, pagans and that's what pagans. Mean it means worship of many. Gods that's why they have. Gods but really it's just The, mighty The Almighty, God, god not. Gods these are the gods who struck The egyptians with all the plagues in the. Wilderness be strong and conduct yourselves like, men You, philistines that you do not become servants of The hebrews as they have been to. You conduct yourselves like men and. Fight so we know that The philistines right now in The book Of, judges The, philistines we we're kind of ruling The, israelites Right and it looks like right here they, said be, strong conduct yourselves like, men You, Philistines so you don't do not become servants of The hebrews as they have been to. You so obviously The, hebrews some of The hebrews have been servants to The philistines at this. Point and it says conduct yourselves like men and, fight all right after ten AND i got a little bit of stuff on my, notes so it, says so The philistines, fought And israel was, defeated and every man fled to his, tent and there was a very, slaughter and there fell Of israel thirty thousand foot. Soldiers, also The ark Of god was, captured and the two sons Of Eli hopney And fineas. Died, okay the two sons Of Eli hopney And venus died just like it was, Prophesied so let's go ahead and check this. Out the consequences of. Disobedience israel's defeat and the capture of the arc highlights the consequences of disobedience and the lack of true. Repentance so The philistines, fought And israel was, defeated and each man fled to his. Tent the slaughter was very, great And israel lost thirty thousand foot soldiers says it right, there thirty. Thousand. Wow they probably. Had they probably got really cock, Like, hey we got the ark of The, covenant now we're gonna. Win god is with. Us but they're not hearing from The. Lord they're all they have is just this box and the ark of The covenant, there but the presence of The lord is not. There that's what you. Need it's not The arc of The covenant that you. Need you need The, lord, right and they're not understanding. That let's go, ahead and, OKAY i want to make SURE i mark this SO i know we're at let's. See so the theme of disobedience and its consequences of reoccurring motif throughout The, bible illustrating the gravity of turning away From god's commandments and the inevitable repercussions that. Follow from the earliest chapters Of, genesis of the Prophetic, mornings and teachings of The New, testament The bible provides numerous examples and teachings of outcomes of. Disobedience here's some. Examples adam And. Eve the first act of disobedience in The bible occurs in The garden Of. Eden adam And eve's decision to eat from the tree Of knowledge Of god of good and, evil Despite god's explicit command as results in the fall Of man The israelites in the. Wilderness The israelites refusal to enter The Promised land Despite god's promise and provision leads to a severe. Punishment the lack of faith and disobedience results in forty years of wandering in the, wilderness during which an entire generation. Perishes King. Saul King saul's disobedience and failing to completely destroy The amalekites as a command By god leads to the rejection As, king which we'll see In First samuel fifteen twenty two through twenty. Three prophetic. Warnings the prophets frequently Warned israel And judah about the consequences of. Disobedience their messages often include calls for repentance and the dire outcomes of Ignoring god's. Laws jeremiah, eleven verses ten through. Eleven jeremiah warns of this disaster that will befall the people due to their persistent disobedience and. Idolatries they have returned to the sins of the, forefathers who refuse to OBEY my words and have followed other gods to serve. Them The house Of, israel The house Of, judah have broken the COVENANT i made with their. Fathers, therefore this is what The lord, SAYS i will bring upon, them a disaster from which they cannot. Escape they will cry out to, me BUT i will not listen to. Them you, see they continue to just, disobey, disobey disobey right, here And, Jeremiah god SAYS i will not listen to them and will allow the disaster to. Happen ezekiel calls the people to, repentance highlighting The this Is ezekiel eighteen. Thirty ezekiel calls the people to. Repent his highlight and the personal responsibility each individual has for their. Actions, Therefore house Of ISRAEL i will judge each of you according to his, ways declares The Lord. God repent and turn away from your, offenses so that the sin will not be your. Downfall so you, SEE i just want to go over the Old testament. Stuff you, see this happen, constantly and this is what's happening With israel right. Now the constant, disobedience right and the consequences of the, disobedience they're. Strong so next we're going to go over First samuel, four verse. Twelve then a man Of benjamin ran from the battle line that same day and came To shiloh with his clothes torn and dirt on his. Head, now when he, came there Was eli sitting on a seat by the, wayside watching for his heart trembled for the ark Of. God and when the man came into the city and told, it all the city cried. Out When eli heard the noise and, outcry he, said what does the sound of this toment? Mean and the man came quickly and Told. Eli eli was ninety eight years, old and his eyes were so dim he could not. See then the man Told, ELI i am he who came from the, battle AND i fled today from the battle line and he, said what, happened my? Son so the messengers answered and, Said israel has fled before The, philistines and there has been a great slaughter among the. People, also your two, Sons hophni And phoenis are, dead and The ark of The covenant has been. Captured then it happened that he made to mention The ark of The covenant That eli fell off the sea backward by the side of the, gate and his neck was broken and he. Died for the man was old and, heavy and he had Judged israel forty. Years remember How god was saying that you're making yourself fat off of The he was, saying you're making yourself fat off of the. Offerings, Right so he was heavy, set he was ninety eight years, old and it looks like he fell and he broke his neck and he. Died so the death Of hopney And phoenis fulfilled the prophecy Against eli's, house WHICH i was going to go over Demonstrating god's justice and the serious of. Sin The ark Of god was captured And eli's two, Sons hoffney And, fineas. Died the impact On Eli eli's reaction to the news they are, captured his subsequent death underscores the gravity Of israel's spiritual, state which he mentioned The ark of The covenant Of. God eli fell backward in his chair by the side of the gate and his neck was broken and he. Died, okay so we went over The ark of The. Covenant Both eli's sons died and he. Dies god is doing a work For. Israel they just don't see. It, yeah So god Is god is doing a work For. Israel they just don't see it. Yet so even though you're gonna See god's, mercy you, know so so many people they read The Old testament and they, say, oh what's up with the grace Of god and all this other? Stuff and they just don't. Understand they just because people that say that stuff they don't they never read From genesis all the way To, samuel because if they, did they would see how many Times israel goes back to these other gods and Then. God then they cry out To god And god comes back to, them and it just continues to go back and. Forth right and we're seeing that right, now this just happens to be the time When god is not with them because they're in. Disobedience, Okay so now we're going to go ahead and Continue, Akabod. Ichabod oh, yeah this is kind of a sad little thing. Too this is First samuel, four verse. Nineteen, now his daughter in, Law phineas's, wife which is one of his son's, wife was with child due to be, delivered and when she heard the news of The ark of The covenant was captured and that her father in law and her husband were, dead she bowed herself and gave. Birth for her labor pains came upon. Her and about that time of her, death the woman who stood by her sides, said do not, fear for you have born a. Son but she did not, answer nor did she regard. It then she named the Child, ichabod saying the glory has departed From israel because The ark Of god has been, captured and because her father in law and her, Husband and she, said the glory has departed From israel for The ark Of god has been. Captured so, yeah so she is you, know her husband, died her father in law, died so you kind of see what happened. There she's it caused her to give birth right. There you, know sometimes when you're under high stress like that causes you to go into. Labor so all, right so we went ahead and finished the chapter. Four now we're going to be getting into chapter five and let me see IF i Have, yeah all, right so since we are done with the, chapter let me go over some practical applications for chapter. Four reverence For god's. Presence Approach god with reverence and, humility recognizing that his presence is not to be manipulated for personal. Gain, yeah we're so blessed Because jesus is our mediator and now we don't have to go to a, temple, tabernacle we don't have to go through. Anything we get to pray Through jesus To, god which is such a. Blessing so approach it with reverence and. Humility. Okay repentance and. Obedience regularly examine your life for areas of disobedience and seek genuine, repentance understanding That god's desires a heart aligned with his. Will, Amen trust In, god not. Symbols place your trust In god himself rather than in religious symbols or, rituals ensuring your faith is rooted in a personal relationship With. Him do you, understand, Yes so this is like a perfect. Example do not put your faith in any type of thing that's a symbol or any kind of. Ritual, okay we need to put our faith In. God, okay our. Relationship it's not about, religion it's about. Relationship do you notice that when they were trying to get The ark of The, covenant that's called, Religion but relationship is trying to build relationship with The. Lord that's what they should have. Done that is how you make it so That god is with, you build a. Relationship the more that you, sin it separates you From. God so the more that they were, sinning the further they were getting away From. God, Right so you can't just bring The ark of The covenant and then all those sins are forgiven and Then god is right there with. You you, see you're getting further and further away every time you sin and sin and, sin and Then israel sins and. Sins pretty Soon god is so far, away right that they're not. Repenting if they would have, repented Then god would be there for. Them but they didn't. Repent they didn't call out to The. Lord they called out to ark of The, covenant which is a. Box it's very similar to what people think that they could just, say, oh let me do this and this and, this and Then i'll be good With. God that's not that's not how it. Works Heed god's, warnings pay attention To god's warnings in scripture and through his, servants responding with obedience and. Faithfulness. Amen so. Perfect now let me just go ahead and go to some practical or not, practifications but additional. Scriptures connection connecting additional, scriptures so we have reverence For god's. Presence LIKE i was talking about. Earlier we Have exodus thirty three fourteen through. Fifteen let's go there real. Quick exodus thirty three fourteen through Fifty, okay and he, said my presence will go with, you AND i will give you. Rest then he said to, him if your presence does not go with, us do not bring us from. Here for how then will it be known that your people AND i found grace in your sight except you go with. Us so we shall be separate your people AND i from all the people who are upon the face of the. Earth. Okay so we Have exodus thirty three fourteen through, fifteen and then we Have psalms fifty, one verse. Eleven let's go there real. Quick psalms fifty, one verse eleven, says do not cast me away from your, presence and do not take Your Holy spirit from. Me. Amen consequences of disobedience is found In deuteronomy twenty eight. Fifteen let's go there real. Quick deuteronomy twenty, eight verse fifteen curses on. Disobedience but it shall come to pass if you do not obey the voice of The lord Your, god to observe faithfully all this can, admits and the statues to WHICH i command you, today all of these curses will come upon, you you and overtake. You and then there's all these. Curses. Okay curses shall be you in the, city and curse shall be you in the. Country curse shall be your basket and your kneading. Bowl curse shall be the fruit of your, body and the produce of your, land the increase of your, cattle and the offspring of your. Clocks curse shall be when you come, in and curse shall you go. Out The lord will send you a, cursing, confusion. Rebuke all these things happen because of. Disobedience like that was what The New covenant was. About The New covenant was about, obedience okay of The Old. Covenant, sorry it was about, Obedience so you will be cursed if you don't Obey. God it says it right, there and Then hebrews, twelve verses five through. Six check that, Out.
Speaker 4: Hebrews where you.
Speaker 1: At hebrews twelve five through, six that's, Thirteen and you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to, sons my, son do not despise the chastening of The, lord nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by. Him for whom The lord, loves he chastens and scourges every son whom he, has who he. Receives if you enduring, Chasing god deals with you as with. Sons for what son is there whom a father does not. Chasen but if you are without chastin of which all have become, partakers then you are illegitimate and not. Sons, wow, well we don't want to be, illegitimate do? We all, right, perfect let's go ahead and check Out God's justice And First samuel two thirty through thirty. Four, okay here we. Go First samuel two thirty through thirty, four which we already. Read but it's, okay this is uh thirty through thirty. Four, therefore The Lord god Of israel, SAYS i, said indeed that your house and the house of your father would walk before me. Forever but now The lord, says for be it from. Me for those who honor, ME i will, honor and those who despise me shall be lightly. Esteemed, behold the days are coming THAT i will cut off your arm and your arm of your father's, house so that there will be an old man in your, house and you will see an enemy in my dwelling, place despite all the good Which god does For. Israel and there shall be not an old man in your house. Forever but any of your men WHOM i do not cut off from my, altars shall consume your head eyes and grieve your. Heart and all the descendants of your house shall, die and the flower of their. Age now this shall be assigned to. You that will come upon your two, sons And honey And venus in one will shall die both of. Them so that is the exact prophecy of them of the two Sons romans Two versus six to. Eight it's another For god's. Justice we'll go On Old Testament New. Testament There romans two six to. Eight it, says who will render to each one according to his. Deeds eternal life to those, who, who by patient continuance and doing, good seek for, glory, honor and. Immortality but those who are self seeking and do not obey the, truth but obey, unrighteousness, indignation and, wrath tribulation and anguish on every soul of man who does. Evil of The jews, first and also The. Greek but glory and honor and peace to everyone who works what is. Good to the jew, first and also to The, greek for there is no parsonality with The. Lord. Amen and then true. Repentance we go to Second chronicle seven. Fourteen Second chronicle, seven verse. Fourteen excuse, me if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my, face and turn from their wicked, ways AND i will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their. Land, okay he's letting them know what they have to do.
Speaker 3: For.
Speaker 1: Repentance acts three. Nineteen let's go there real. Quick acts, three verse. Nineteen we've gone over this in The New testament. Already but it says we pent therefore and be, converted that your sins may be blotted, out so that the times of refreshing may come from the presence of The, lord and that he may Send Jesus, christ who has preached to you, before Whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things Which god has spoken by the mouth of His holy prophets since the world. Began, okay true. Repentance. Amen, Okay so we went ahead and kind of went over additional. Scriptures we're kind of done with chapter four. Now now we're going to go into chapter. Five. Introduction, First samuel five presents the uncontainable and indominatable power Of god's indomitable power Of god's. Presence despite being seen as a mere trophy by The, philistines The ark of The covenant showcased the power of The One True god who humbled the false God dagon and at least havoc upon those who harbored the. Ark it is a potent reminder That god is the supreme authority and will not be subjected to idolatry or. Disrespect you're going to see that in this. Chapter what happens when you just place The ark of The covenant, Anyway, Right so let's go ahead and. Read we Have First, Samuel First samuel, five chapter. One it says The philistines and The. Ark that's the title for. This The philistines took The ark Of god and brought it From ebenezer To Ashad. Ashdod when The philistines took The ark Of, god they brought it into the house Of dagon and set it By. Dagon and when the people of a shad arose early in the, morning there Was dagon falling, off, falling falling on its face to the earth before The ark of The. Lord so they Took dagon and they said it in its. Place, again let's pause. There. Okay first of, all, WELL i don't want to be worshiping any god that has to fall down on the, floor and then you got to go and pick it. Up we don't have to ever pick Up. God god picks us, up, Right let's go, here it says teaching. Points The philistines capture The ark of The covenant and place it in the temple Of, dagon believing they have triumph Over Israel's. God so that's what they're. Doing they're kind of just, going, look we got The ark of The. Covenant Their god didn't do, anything so they just took the ark of The covenant placed it in the temple Of. Dagon which let's go ahead and look up A dagon real. Quick who Is? DAGON i just want to see if there's anything about. THIS i know it's a fish. GOD i know. That in The, Bible dagon is depicted as the chief god of The, philistines primarily known for his temples and gaza And, asdon they were the deity associated With he was a deity associated with agriculture and, fertility and his name is linked to The semitic word for. Grain The bible Portrays dagon as an idol that The philistines, worship and his temples are the site of significant, events and the books Of, Joshua, judges And, samuel The philistines Deity dagon was primary was the primary god of The, philistines a group who frequently clashed with The israelites in The Old. Testament, obviously we're saying that now his name is connected to the concept of grain and, fertility suggesting the role in agriculture and. Prosperity the temple And dagon Of dagon Of ashrod is a prominent location in The biblical, narrative particularly in the story of The ark of The, covenant which we're reading, Now idols. Fall the biblical recounts of how The ark of The, covenant when placed In dagon's, temple caused the iditle fall and, break signifying the powerlessness of the idol compared To, god The god Of. Israel and then the biblical narrative Of sampson includes the destruction Of dagon's temple and gods will result in the deaths of Many. Philistines, so, yeah you remember When, samuel this part was Our. SAMSON i wanted to make SURE i brought that. Up So samson when he remember when he was he was, taken he was, blind he was taken as a, slave and he started growing his hair, back and he broke that that temple and all Those philistines died and he. Died, yeah that was Actually dagon's. Temple so they should have learned back then not to mess with The god Of. Israel. Right the story Of, dagon particularly his, defeat is used to highlight the supremacy Of god Of israel and the futility of idolotye all, Right SO i just want to let you guys know, that and it's actually a fish. Hat all, right no offense to. ANYBODY i have a friend that's talking to me right now about About, catholicism, like, hey just trying to that kind of just showed me the good points Of. Catholicism but, uh there is a hat that the pope, Wears, okay AND i don't think that he's, UH i think he Is, catholic my, friend AND i told HIM i wouldn't, Say i'll try to keep the commets Of catholics kind of, Well i'm not like disrespecting them in a. Way but the pope is, different, Right and the pope wears a hat that's a fish. Hat it looks a lot like, Uh. Dagon, right it's portrayed right, HERE i could see. IT i don't know exactly what the fish hat look like back, then who knows if it's the same. Hat but that's where some people have said that the pope wears a hat that looks Like. Dagon, perfect all, Right so we went over, that and let's go ahead and. Continue let me, See ACTUALLY i have a little bit more Notes dagon's. Humiliation the statue Of dagon falls face down before the, arc symbolizing the submission of false. Gods to The True. God, amen and let's go ahead and continue verse. Four now First samuel, five verse. Four and when they arose early the next, morning there Was dagon falling on his face to the ground before The ark of The. Lord the head Of. Dagon both the palms of his hands were broken off on the. Threshold Only deagon's torso was left of. It, therefore neither the priest Of dagon nor any who come Into deagon's house tread on the threshold Of dagon And asterod to this. Day So dagon's humiliation the Statue dagon falls face down before The, ark which we just talked. About and So, dagon a prominent deed in the Ancient Near eastern, pantheon is worshiped by The philistines and Other somitic. Peoples we already talked about the What dagon was known. For depicted as a fish god or a god of, Grain dagon held a significant place in The philistine religion and. Culture the biblical kind of dagon humiliation is a powerful narrative that underscores the supremacy Of god Of israel over pay and. Deities The Biblical the Primary biblical account Of dagon's humiliation is found In First samuel five Of after The philistines captured The ark of The covenant from The, israelites they brought it To ashtod and placed in the temple Of dagon as a trophy for the, victory which we kind of already went over and For samuel, five verses two through four recounts these events which we just. Read this incident is rich with theological. Significance the repeated falling Of dagon before the arc symbolized the importance the omnipotence of false gods are sorry and the impotence of false gods and the presence of the True. God the breaking Of dagon's head and hands further emphasizes the totality of his, defeat as these parts were often associated with power and. Authority the hands and the, head the narrative illustrates that no idol can stand before the Sovereign god Of. Israel the humiliation Of dagon also served as a sign to The filmtines of the holiness and power of The god Of. Israel the subsequent afflictions that befell The philistines, included, well we're going to see exactly what the consequences of this, Are let's go ahead and. Continue so we have First samuel, five verse.
Speaker 4: Six, okay hold, on let me go.
Speaker 1: Back but The, lord but the hand of The lord was heavy on the people Of, asdod and he ravaged them and struck them with, tumors Both asdod and its. Territory and when the men Of ashdod saw how it, was they, said The ark Of god Of israel must not remain with, us for his hand is harsh toward us And dagon Our. God therefore they sent and gathered to themselves all the lords of The, philistines that, said what shall we do with The ark Of god Of? Israel and they, answered let The ark Of god Of israel be carried away To. Gath so they carried The ark Of god to. Israway so it was after they had carried it away that the hand of The lord was against the city with a very great. Destruction and he struck the men of the, city both small and, great with tumors and broke out on, them and tumors broke out on. Them wow divine, judgment The lord afflicts The philistines with, tumors demonstrating his power and judgment against those who oppose. Him so, yeah that was a divine judgment that. Happened divine judgment that refers to the act Of god and evaluated and determine the moral and spiritual state of, individuals, nations and the, world often resulting in reward or. Punishment this concept is a central theme throughout The, bible Reflecting god's, holiness, justice and. Sovereignty, obviously the flood is a great example of, that where it says that The lord saw the weakness of men was great upon the, earth and that every inclination of the thought of his heart was altogether evil all the. Time and The lord regretted that he had made man on this earth and agreed to him in his. Heart so that's a big. One, Also Soadamigamora genesis. Nineteen and then in The New, testament divine judgment is closely associated with the person and work Of Jesus. Christ jesus speaks of a future judgment where all people will be held. Accountable In matthew twenty five thirty one through forty, Six jesus describes the separation of the righteous from the, wicked liking to the shepherd separating sheep from the. Goats matthew twenty five two through thirty three states all the nations will be gathered before, him and he will separate the people one from, another as a shepherd separate the sheep from the. Goats he will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his. Left, Okay so that's just some, examples and also obviously judgment will come In relation twenty verses eleven through, fifteen and Then revelation twenty verse. Twelve, perfect let's go back the ARC's. Journey The philistines moved The arc from city to. City both each Experiences god's heavy, hand leading them to recognize his might In samuel seven through. Twelve so let's go in and continue First samuel, five verse. Ten therefore they sent The ark Of god To. Ekron so it was as The ark Of god came To ekron that The ekronites cried, out, saying they have brought The ark Of god To, israel to us to kill us and our. People so they sent and gathered together all the lords of The philistines that, said send away The ark Of god Of israel and let it go back to its own, place so that it does not kill us in our people so there was a deadly destruction throughout all the. City the hand Of god was very heavy, there and the men who did not die were stricten with, tumors and the cry of the city went up to. Heaven. Wow so the ARC's, journey The philistines move from city to City god's heavy hand leading to recognize his. Might The ark of The covenant is a sacred chest built by The israelites under the. Direction let's go into my notes real. QUICK i just have something out of the teaching point under the direction Of moses holds a significant place in biblical. History it Symbolizes god's presence among his people and serves as a focal, point which we already talked. About is this going to just talk about The ark of The. Covenant the ark was constructed according to divine instruction given To moses On Mount. Sinai so that's one.
Speaker 3: Thing.
Speaker 1: Man some people would feel, like, oh, well you see how THE i, thought we're not supposed to build idols To. God but you see this is the arc was constructed according to divine instruction right given To moses On Mount. Zinai, right So god told them to make. It so this is coming straight From. God so if it's divine instruction From, god then obviously it is. Okay, Right so, yeah all, right let's go ahead and go to Some since we finished with the, chapter we're going to go to practical. Applications the reason why didn't continue with that portion is Because i've already gone over all this stuff for The ark of The. Covenant so and that's pretty much what was what was on the that portion for the study Guid so now we'll go over some practical applications for chapter. Five identify. Idols reflect on any idols in your life that they may be taking president that may be taking presidents over your relationship With. GOD i THINK i said this. Before you can have good idols and bad. Idols you, know good idols Being, hey my wife is my idol or whatever you, know or my dogs are my. Idol, right dogs are a good. Thing, Right but they can become your. Idol social media it can become your. Idol anything can become an. IDOL. Tv, right you're WATCHING tv all the. Time let's say you come home from. Work let's say you work all, day you come home from, work you just turn THE tv on and you sit there from six. O'clock you're eating your dinner all the way till ten o'clock at, Night go go to, sleep, right then you just rinse and repeat and just keep doing that every, day every. Day every. Day when do you read The? Bible when do you have time For? God your idol is your work AND? Tv, Right and that's all you do all day every day is you go to work all day and then you just WATCH tv all. Day SO tv has become your. IDOL a lot of people have an idol Being like the cell phone is a big, one, right where you're just constantly on your. Phone it's taken away from your time that you could be spending with The. Lord or social media is. Something there's a lot of things out there that can become an. Idol pornography could become an. Idol sex can become an. Idol, drugs, alcohol you, Know let's, see you come on from, work you spend all day at, work, Right you're not praying To god at all at, Work you're just going to work all. Day you come, home start drinking. Alcohol you're not, Praying you're not being a spiritual leader of your. Home, see alcohol can become an idol as. Well so there's a. Lot so reflect on any idols in your life that may be taking presidents over your relationship With. God because sin separates you From. God no matter how you think of, it it separates you From. God Acknowledge god's, Supremacy recognize and submit To god's authority in every area in your, life trusting his power and. Sovereignty amen to. That respond To god's. Presence be attentive to How god is working in your, life and respond with humility and. Obedience. Amen and then Seek god's deliverance in times of. Trouble turn To god for, deliverance acknowledging his ability to overcome any, challenge anything that you're going. Through god has a way out for. You he's not gonna put too much on you where you've you, know he's not gonna burn you with so much that you don't have a way. Out you're always gonna have a way, out, right so you'll be able to overcome any. Challenge and let's go ahead and talk about connecting additional. Scriptures we Have exodus Twenty versus three through, five the commandment against, idolatry and the call to Worship god. Alone let's check that one. Out so we Have exodus twenty versus three through. Five, Okay exodus twenty three through. Five you shall have no other gods before. Me. Okay you shall not make yourselves a carved image any likeness of anything that is in heaven, above or that is on earth, beneath or that is under in the water under the. Earth you shall not bow down to them nor serve. Them FOR i The lord Your, god am a jealous, god visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children of the third and fourth generations of those who hate, me but showing mercy to thousands to those who love me and keep my. Commandments, yeah we got to make sure that we do not have anything like, that anything like, that, right let's know what. Idolatry and also just Worship god. Alone isaiah forty five five through. Six let's check out what. Out SO i excuse, me, guys it's late at night right, now So i'm a little bit. TIRED i. APOLOGIZE i keep, yawning AND i don't like to do. That you have to excuse. Me isaiah forty five five through. SIX i am The, lord and there's no other there was no god beside. ME i will guard you though you have not known me that they may know the rising of the sun to its. Setting there is none beside me PERFECT i am The, lord and there's no. Other all. Right so That's isaiah five through, Six god's declaration of his uniqueness and supremacy over all other. Gods let, ME i would like to look that up real. Quick give me one second in the strongest. Concordance That's isaiah forty. Five isaiah forty, Five isaiah forty, five and that's verse.
Speaker 4: Six, okay let's see east sunrise? East what's sun the? East?
Speaker 1: Okay that's mas Raw. OKAY i wanted to see what that word. Was and from the west, okay rising from the. Sun it's just the word the sun comes. From there's none beside me name The, Lord disney there may be, okay let me see to its? Setting? Okay does it say that there from the? West? Oh the west is word? Setting? OKAY i just wanted to check something really. Quick, sorry, GUYS i got a little. Sidetrack. Philippines, Oh philippians two ten through eleven is another verse that as an additional scriptures that we can. Connect let's go there, Second philippians ten through. Eleven there real quick.
Speaker 4: Ten through.
Speaker 1: Eleven, okay it, says at the name Of jesus or the authority Of, jesus every nee should bow to those in, heaven and of those on earth and those under the, earth and every tongue should confess That jesus Is lord and the glory Of, god The, father the ultimate submission of all creation Of, jesus echoing the submission Of dagon before The. Ark and then we got First john five twenty. One so look at that one real, quick One john, five verse twenty. One it, says little children yourselves From oh, yeah it, says little, children to keep yourselves from. Idols, Amen, yes amen to. That let's see the context of it, says and we know that this is a One john five twenty and we know that The son Of god has come and given us an understanding that we may know him who is, true and we are in him who is, true his, Son Jesus. Christ this is the True god and eternal. Life little, children keep yourselves from. Idols. Amen that's at the very. End that's, awesome all. Right so looks like we have about twenty, minutes so we'll probably get through chapter six as. Well let me see How, okay, cool this is a very small. Chapter, yep who should be?
Speaker 4: Good let me, see.
Speaker 1: Let me just go over an. Intro the narrative Of First samuel six is a powerful reminder Of god's sovereignty even in the midst of any. Territory it showcases that the divine power that cannot be contained or controlled by human. Hands it also underscores the importance of reverence For god's holiness and the dire consequences of neglecting. It the story serves is a call to respect divine sanctity and adhere To god's. Commandments, amen let's go ahead and go to my notes. Here power Of god's. Presence. Okay the arc returned To. Israel this Is First samuel, six verse. One now the ark of The lord was in the country of The philistine seven, months and The philistine called for the priest and the, diviners, saying what shall we do with the ark of The? Lord tell us how should we send it to its? Place and they, said if you send away The ark Of god Of, israel do not send it, empty but by all means returned to him with a trespass. Offering then you will be, healed and it'll be known to, you why his hand is not removed from? You and they, said what is the trustpass offering that we shall return to? Him they, answered five golden tumors and five golden rat according to the number of the lords of The. Philistines for the same plague was on all of you and on your. Lords therefore you shall make images of your tumors and images of your rats that ravage the, land and you shall give glory to The god Of. Israel perhaps he will lighten his hands from, you from your gods and from your. Land, Okay so the ark of The, covenant Representing god's, presence brought plagues upon The, philistines demonstrating That god is not to be taken. Lightly For samuel, six verses one through, five and The Divine, guidance The philistines sought advice from their priests and diviners on how to return the, arc acknowledging their need for divine. Guidance but, yeah they want them to make, idols so Obviously god's not going to like. That let's. Continue For samuel, six verse, six it, says why then do you hearten your hearts as The egyptians And pharaoh heart in their, hearts when he did mighty things among, them did they not let the people go that they might. Depart, now, therefore make a new, cart take two milk cows which have never been, yoked and hits the cows to the, cart and take their calfs home away with them from. Them and then take the ark of The lord and set it on the, cart and put the articles of gold which are returning to him as a trespass, offering in the chest by its. Side then send it away and let it, go and watch if it goes up the road to its own, territory to Beth. Shamish then he has done to, Us then he has. Done then he has done us this great. Evil but if, not then we shall know that is not his hand that strucks. Us it happened to us by. Chance so the test of the cows is what it's. Called The philistines devised a test using two milk cows to see if the calamities were indeed from The god Of, israel showing their struggle between belief and. Skepticism the test of the. Cows we can look into that The test of the cows a significant event recording The Old, testament specifically and The book Of. Samuel this event is pivotal and demonstrating the sovereignty Of god in his ability to direct even the natural instincts of animals to fulfill as to buying. Purpose so we'll see what happens with, this and then we'll continue with that what's in my. Notes then the men did so they took two mile cows and hitch them to the, cart and shut up their calves at, home and they set the ark of The lord on the cart and the chest with the gold rats and the images of their. Tumors, SORRY i was kind of. Allowed then the cows headed straight from the road To Beth schemesh and went along the, highway lowing as they, went and did not turn aside to the right hand or to the. Left and the lords of The philistines went after them to the broader Of Beth. Chamesh now the people of Best chemesh were reaping with their wheat harvests in the, valley and they lifted their eyes and saw the ark and rejoiced to see. It then the cart came into the field Of joshua Of Beth chemesh and stood. THERE a large stone was, There so they split the wood of the cart and offered the cows as a burnt offering to The. Lord The levites took down The ark of The, lord and the chest was with, it in which were the articles of, gold and put them on the large. Stone then the men of Beth chemesh offered burnt. Offerings they made sacrifices the same. Day so when the five lords of The philistines had seen, it they returned To ekron the same. Day so it says these are the golden tumors which The philistines returned as a trespass offering to The, lord one From, ashtod and one from For, gaza one For, escalon one For, gath one For, ekron and the golden, rats according to the number of all the cities Of philistines belonging to the Five, lords both fortified cities and country, villages even as far as Large stone and Able stone Of, abel the large stone Of abel on which they sat The ark of The, lord which stone remains to this, day and they filled The joshua of Best. Chemesh then he struck the men of Best, chemez because they had looked into The ark of The. Lord he struck fifty thousand and seventy men of the, people and the people lamited because The lord had struck the people with a great. Slaughter. Wow so let's go ahead and continue real quick with. This, uh let meet the can hero. Quick So god's. Sovereignty the cows went straight to BEST, chameshk Confirming god's hand and the events and his sovereignty over the. Creation the consequence of, irreverence the the men Of beschamez were shruck down for looking into the, ark underscoring the seriousness of Approaching god with. Reverence. Wow see if there's anything deeper on. That reverence defined as lack of respect for reverence For god and his, commandments as a reoccurring theme throughout The. Bible the consuls of such behavior are depicted in various narratives and, teachings illustrating this seriousness with Which god regards with honor due to. Him. Wow i'm gonna have to look that. Up that is pretty. Interesting this part right, Here this is a Verse samuel, six verse. Nineteen so some examples Are nadab And abi who which we talked About leviticus, ten verses one through, Two nydd And, aby who the sons Of aaron offered unauthorized fire before The, lord contrary to his. Command as a, result fire came out from the presence of The lord and consume. Them this incident under scores the importance of adhering To god's instruction and to serve consequences of irreverence in. Worship, Okay and then this is the other. One uzzah reached out To Steady, steady The ark of The covenant when The ox stumbled despite his, intentions touching the ark was, forbidden And god struck him dead for his. Irreverence this event highlights the holiness Of god and the need for reverence in handling the sacred. Objects. Okay another example Is kurra's, rebellion and number sixteen recounts the rebellion Of, Kurra, danton And abram Against moses And. Aaron their challenge To god's appointed leaders was an act of, irreverence resulting in the earth opening up and swallowing them and their. Followers this serves as a warning against Disrespecting god's established order and The New. TESTAMENT a great example of this Is annias And. Sapharah, Sephiro annius and South off lied to The Holy spirit about the proceeds from the sale of their. Property their irreverence and deceit led to their immediate. Deaths this account emphasizes the seriousness and honesty and the seriousness of honesty and integrity Before. God The Lord's supper And One corinthians eleven twenty seven through Thirty paul warns the Corinth church about partaking in The Lord's supper in an unworthy. Manner he states that this is why many among you are weak and, sick and a number of you fallen of, sleep meaning. Died this passage illustrates the need for self examinations of reverence and worship. Practices general principers. Principles fear of The Lord proverbs nine ten states the fear of The lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of The Holy one is understanding reverence For god's foundational of. Life when wisdom underscores the reverence that leads to fall they and. Destruction holiness and. Obedience throughout, Scripture god causes people to be holy As he is. Holy The vidicus eleven forty four and One peter one. SIXTEEN a reverence often stems from disobedience and failure to Recognize god's. Holiness resulting in spiritual and sometimes physical. Consequences judgment and Discipline hebrews Twelve verses twenty eight Through turnine reminds believers to Worship god, acceptably with reverence and awe for Our god is a consuming Fire. God god's discipline serves as a corrective measure to bring his people back to place of reverence and. Obedience The biblical narrative consistently portrays the irreverence of a serious offense when significance, consequences whether through direct punishment or spiritual. Decline the lack of reverence For god is and his commands leads to detrimental outcomes for individuals and. Communities as you see. Here you, know then he struck the men of Beth shamas because they looked into The arka. Covenant he struck fifty thousand and seventy men of the, people and the people lamited because The lord had struck the people with great. Slaughtern Now i'm gonna look that verse up real quick SO i can give you a little Deeper.
Speaker 4: Verse samuel.
Speaker 1: Six. Nineteen First samuel six nineteen describes a tragic event Where god struck down some of the inhabitants Of Beth chemezh for looking into The ark of The, covenant a holy odjup forbidden to be seen by anyone other than the designated. Priests the verse highlights the consequences of Disrespecting god's holiness and the importance of reverence when approaching sacred. Things, okay we know what that is the forbidden gaze and numbers four. Twenty it was specifically stated that The levites were not to look at the ark even when being, transported lest they. Die the men Of best chamsh out of, curiosity disobeyed this. Command oh that's what, happened looked into the, ark resulting in their. Deaths the verse states That god struck down seventy men for their. Transgressions the event caused the people Of best jamester to. Mourn it says that he struck fifty thousand and seventy men of the. People he struck fifty thousand and seventy men of the. People, OH i see seventy of The Beth, samos but other fifty thousand. Man this event caused the people Of Best chames to, mourn realizing that the gravity of their actions and the holiness Of. God the passes emphasized the importance of reverence and respect For god's. Holiness it serves as a reminder That god will not tolerate disrespect or disregard for his sacred. Things connection to other, scriptures this event is a connection to other narratives As leviticus ten one through, three which Is nadeb And, abihu which we already talked. About learning from the, Experience the people Of bechames learned a valuable lesson From god's holiness and the need for. Obedience they sent messengers To carraf durream to take the ark away, knowledge acknowledging their inability to stand before The Holy. God let's see that's going to be actually in verse twenty Verse samuel, six verse twenty and the men Of bechames, said who is able to stand before This Holy Lord? God and whom shall it go up for? Us they send messengers in the habitets Of karth dream saying That philistines have brought back the ark of The. Lord come down and take it up with. You you see, there, man just pretty pretty. Crazy when we read stuff like this is very. Surprise even some of the stuff IF i read, it surprising to, me you, know like this. One then he struck the men at best she missed because they had looked on the, arc WHICH i understand they're not supposed to do. That he struck fifty thousand and seventy men of the, people and the people limited Because lord had struck the people with great. Slaughter. Wow, okay so we're deal with chapter. Six this is gonna be it for. Today we went from chapter two all the way to chapter, six which is. Great we covered four chapters and we'll go ahead and go over some practical applications and then some connecting scriptures and we'll be. Done reverence for The Holy. Okay Approach god and his word with the utmost respect and, reverence recognizing his. Holiness Seek god's guidance in times of. Uncertainty Seek god's wisdom and guidance rather than relying solely on human. Understanding, yes So proverbs three five through, six, right lean not on your own. Understanding reverence for The. Holy. Okay so WHEN i talked about, that Approach god and as well with the utmost respect and, reverence we have to understand that we have to Approach god with. Respect SOMETIMES i think that me INCLUDED i Laxa daisily sometimes pray To god like HE'S i, know he wants to you, know it is like he's your, friend you, know and you want to have a relationship with. Him but sometimes we've got to understand that we're so blessed to be able to pray To. God you, know we need to appreciate that because back in the, day they couldn't just do. That and you see the type of stuff that happens when people Disrespected, god, right they actually got, Killed LIKE i, mean they got. Slaughtered, said it's a good. Thing we're in a time of. Grace Praise, God Acknowledge god's, Sovereignty trust In god's control over all, circumstances even when his ways are beyond our, understanding and then learn other learn from others'. Mistakes reflect on the consequences face by The philistines and the men of best chamess to avoid similar pitfalls in your. Spirit walk. Yes and then let's go ahead and continue with the additional scriptures we can. Connect leviticus, ten verses one through, three which we already talked, about is the story Of nadab And abihu that were struck down for offering unauthorized. Fire we spoke about That proverbs three five through, six WHICH i brought up in courage his believers to trust in The lord and seek his guidance in their, ways lean out on your own. Understanding, okay we don't, understand But god. Does let's let's go over that verse real. QUICK i KNOW i always bring this verse, up but it's. Okay proverbs, three verses five through. Six it, says trust in The lord with all your, heart and lean out on your own understanding in your. Ways Acknowledge, him and he shall direct your. Paths hebrews twelve twenty eight through twenty nine reminds us to Worship god with reverence and. Awe he is a consuming. Fire we just talked about last. Verse but this is a good connecting our last. Chapter but this is a good connecting scripture to what we just went. Over it's going to Be hebrews, twelve twenty eight through twenty. Nine hebrews. Twelve, therefore since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be, shaken let us have grace by which we may Serve god, acceptably with reverence and godly. Fear for Our god is a consuming. Fire. Wow, Awesome so, yeah we're. Done we are done with chapter. Six we already all the connecting scriptures and perfectly almost at two hours at this, point but two more. Minutes BUT i just want to thank all of you for. LISTENING i really appreciate you joining me for This bible. Study those that are listening On. Patreon if you guys could please leave a comment anybody that ends up listening to this in the future on my. SHOW i just want to let you know if you hear me shouting people out On, spotify like hold, yeah thank you for. COMMENTING i am Not i'm shouting out people From Colt Conspiracies. Spotify, okay just want to let you guys know that because that's this is This this show gets released later on my on my, YouTube and some people probably Think dan wonder why he never shouts me out And i'm commenting on His. Spotify, well this is the people that Commented Cult Conspiracies spotify because this is On Cult conspiracy. Show this is brought to brought to you guys by, Them so thank you for. That and then we'll go ahead and stop the screen. Share so next week we'll pick Up samuel chapter, seven and then this week we will be digging into.
Speaker 4: Let me, SEE i think we're we're at seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 1: Nineteen, yep we're actually and we're going to be On Wednesday. Service we're going to be episode thirty, two and we're gonna Be acts. Twenty we're gonna be In acts. Twenty, okay so please tune Into Wednesday, service and please tune Into Sunday. Service and please guys comment On spotify And apple and all that. Stuff and when this does get to, YouTube comment on that as. Well and if you guys would like to join My, patreon you can look it. Up it's A Josh Monday christenan conspiracy, podcast just like it says back here and thank you guys so much behind. ME i, mean if you guys are listening On, spotify obviously you can't see, it but those that can see it On, patreon It's Josh Monday christenank conspiracy. Podcasts, so like we always, do we're gonna end this in. Prayer, So Father, god in the name Of, jesus thank you so much for this beautiful. Time thank you for allowing us to go Over samuel, First, samuel and, uh you, know we appreciate the fact that you just don't strike us down dead like when they made mistakes back. Then, lord thank you for giving us a time of. Grace but we want to try to respect you and come to you in. Respect so please allow us assist us in doing. That and if there's if there's any time that we're stepping over the line or not speaking to you, Correctly, lord if you could just correct. Us there's some things that we might not understand that you've done in The Old, testament and, uh and in The New. Testament you, know some things we might not. Understand but you, know we're not going to lean on our own. Understanding we're going to lean on. Yours, Lord so thank you so much for giving us your. Word the good things and the and the and the bad. Things anything that we read in the in The, bible you, know is is, there and it's. Important it's for us to consume and to. Digest and there's always lessons to be. Learned so allow us to learn those. Lessons, lord help us assist, us help me to teach The bible to the best of my. ABILITY i appreciate you giving me these study guides and also giving me the time to kind of. Study for these shows what a blessing AND i really appreciate. It, lord thank you for everything you. Do we love, you and we also want to pray For jay's. Mom she's in THE. Icu. Lord LIKE i said, earlier Please lord put your healing hand on. Her thank, You we love you In jesus'.
Speaker 2: Name.
Speaker 1: Amen thank you guys so much for. Listening we really appreciate, you and you guys have a blessed day or. Night god bless. You