Speaker 1: Boston's Bulldozer operates seven days a week. The Kooner Report Weekend edition WRKO, the voice of Boston.
Speaker 2: As President Trump jumped the Shark, the Good Morning Cooner Country. Okay, my friends, let me be brutally honest with all of you, like I'm in the confessional, as I like to say, I was planning on talking about the economy. Trump's incredible achievements with the economy. Frankly, his massive successes in the last six months. To me, I've never seen any president ever have as many consequential achievements as he has had over the last six months, the first six months of any presidency. And I wasn't planning on talking about Epstein or the Epstein files or the Epstein List, because we've done several shows and you know where I stand, and most of you have expressed where you stand.
Speaker 3: But holy Schomoli, holy.
Speaker 2: Mackerel, you want to talk about Trump having and I mean just an angry reaction. You want to talk about Trump, I mean just giving it now to some of his supporters, in fact, many of his supporters with both barrels. He went on truth Social yesterday and he let it all hang out. And what you can tell now, is that the demand of many of his supporters, I would even say in some ways, maybe even a majority of his supporters for the Epstein files to be released, for there to be complete and utter transparency and accountability for what Epstein, and not just Epstein, but his sex trafficking network work on behalf of the victims of all of these pedophiles, powerful men who used Epstein to victimize and sexually abuse countless underage girls, including children. That this demand, now that we see all of the information and that they'd all be released, is now clearly clearly upsetting him now to the point where we have to ask ourselves, has Trump now gone too far? Or was he just blowing off steam? Is he just ultimately just exasperated and just kind of vented, or is this now a significant break with many and I mean many of his voters. So on Monday morning, yesterday morning, President Trump released an absolutely explosive post true social and let me just sum it up quickly because it's a very long post, but let me give you the the the heart of it, he writes regarding the Epstein files and the demand to release the files. According to Trump, this is what he wrote, My past supporters have bought into this. I can't say the word I'm gonna get fined. Bull You know what, have bought into this bs okay, this bull crap. Let's put it that way, hook line and sinker. And he went on to say, let and I remember he's talking now about MAGA, He's talking about Trump voters, Trump supporters. Let these weaklings continue forward and do the Democrats work. Don't even think about talking of our incredible and unprecedented success because I don't want their support anymore. He then added, I have had more success in six months than perhaps any president in our country's history.
Speaker 3: And all these people want to talk about with strong.
Speaker 2: Prodding by the fake news and the success starved Democrats is the Jeffrey Epstein hoax. And then he went on to say, in particular, he really forget doubling now he's tripling down that the Epstein files, he says, are one of the great hoaxes of our time. And so he starts to say that it's comparable, as he put it, to the Steele dose k, to the Russia collusion hoax, to the Hunter Biden laptop, saying, quote, these scams and hoaxes are all the Democrats are good at it's all they have. They are no good at governing, no good at policy, no good at picking winning candidates. And so he basically what he's saying is, in fact, I'll play you the cut.
Speaker 3: He then told reporters, these supporters.
Speaker 2: Of mine, they keep asking us to release the files, are quote unquote stupid. They're stupid, and I don't want their support, and that they're falling into this hoax that is now being pushed and peddled by the Democrats. And according to Trump, the Epstein files are a creation of Barack Obama, Joe Biden, John Brennan, James Comey, and the same gang that gave us the Steele Dosier Russia collusion, the Hunter Biden laptop. That it was the fifty one intelligence agents who lied the laptop from Hell claiming it was Russian this informatsu when it really was obviously Hunter Biden's laptop. So he's now saying it's an absolute hoax. And all you want me to do now is focus on this hoax. And by doing this, I'm playing the Democrats' game. It's going to be a scandal that will take over my presidency while we're not talking or focusing on my incredible achievements both at home and abroad.
Speaker 3: And so basically he says, I don't want your support anymore.
Speaker 2: In fact, as he puts it, these are my quote past supporters. In other words, I don't want much to do with them anymore. Now let me just write, let me right out of the gate, give you exactly my take, and then I really want.
Speaker 3: To hear from you.
Speaker 2: Kooner country six one seven two six six, sixty eight, sixty eight. And I would love to take calls right after the break. So if you want to get on, now is the time to do it. I think part of it, clearly, it's a temper tantrum. He's angry, he's frustrated, he's done so much in six months, and now he feels, from Trump's point of view, he feels betrayed. I think he feels angered and betrayed by many of his supporters who are talking about the Epstein files, who want the Epstein files to be released, who are saying this is clearly now a moral stain on his presidency, and he feels in some sense betrayed. And I understand his anger. I do I understand his frustration. I clearly do. But sometimes it's better, you know, write something, get it off your chest, and then file it. It's you shouldn't sometimes press send or in this case, you know, whatever return or whatever post this. I think he should not have said. And I understand his frustration, of course, I get it. You're you know, basically saying, look, I just want to get to work. I don't want another, uh, you know, another issue to paralyze my presidency where I'm not able to continue to achieve my goals. I've had it. It's enough. Look what I've done, Look what we can continue to do. And I don't want this now to devour and consume my presidency. So I understand where he's coming from. But now what he's doing, as I said on X last night, he is now.
Speaker 3: Spitting in the face.
Speaker 2: Of millions and millions and millions, maybe probably tens of millions of his own voters. He is separating himself from and attacking his own people. That there's no question and when when you come out and say not only that they're stupid and that they're traders, and that they're weaklings, and that you know, essentially their suckers for falling for this. So called hoax. But then you say, and I don't want your support. Well, okay, let's play this out. You don't want their support, let me tell you what they're going to do. They're going to say, fine, I'm never gonna I'm not going to vote for the Democrats, obviously, So when the midterms roll around, they're not going to vote. They won't vote for the Democrats, they won't vote for you or the Republicans. So they're going to stay home, which means millions and millions and millions of his own voters are going to stay home.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what that means. You can take it to the bank.
Speaker 2: That means the Democrats are going to win back the House, probably win back the Senate, and you're going to get impeached over nothing, over nothing, and the second the second half of your second term is going to be consumed, palized by NonStop investigations and one impeachment after another. So I don't see how you win from this. Again, as I said on X, I think this is a big mistake. I understand the anger, I understand the frustration, and what I don't get is what is wrong.
Speaker 3: A with releasing the files. I still don't get this. If there are lies in there, if there are people who are being unfairly accused, well we can. We're smart enough, we can.
Speaker 2: We can parse and differentiate and analyze. I mean, we debunked the Steel dosier. We debunked the Hunter Biden laptop story that it was disinformation. We debunked the Steel, as I said, the Russia collusion hoax. So if there are lies in the in the files, we can. We can refute them, we can explode them, we can debunk them. But even if you think there are good reasons not to release the Epstein files, have Pam Bondi and Cash Ptel do a press conference and walk us through exactly why these files need to be kept under wrap and seal. But what you don't do to me is just say shut up, do as I say, or else I don't want your support.
Speaker 3: You're locked into Boston's bulldozer.
Speaker 1: The Kuner Report Weekend Edition, The Voice of Boston WRKO