Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. No such thing as weekends anymore. The fight's too big, there's too much to do. Sleep when we're dead. Hey, let's go to the vip line. Eli Bremmer kind enough to join us. He was elected the new GOP chair over the weekend. We'll get into the mechanics with Eli, but especially this special session of the State Central Committee. I think the vote was eighty eight percent Eli, ten percent to keep Dave Walls. But pardon me, Dave Walls. That is no reflection on you, my friend. Obviously, I was thinking of Dave Williams, and we'll talk a bit about him, and there is absolutely nothing in common between Dave Williams and Tim Walls. But I, for one, am so heartened to see the GOP writing its own ship here. And I understand we have so many good people who are kind enough to listen to this show who would disagree with me and that, and I don't mean to disrespect them, but I owe them the ultimate respect of honesty. And I think that you know, this is a cause greater than any of us individually. And the Colorado GOP under Dave's leadership, was helping the left and was leading us deeper and deeper into oblivion. And to see, you know, those on the Central Committee, many not all of course, come together and write the ship and fight to do that and fight through the courts to do it, gives me great hope for the future. But welcome to the show, and please walk us through what happened this weekend.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks Dan. This was an overwhelming show of support and unity and a desire by the Republican Central Committee to get back to the fundamentals of where we are as Republicans and helping our candidates win in November.
Speaker 3: That was what this was about.
Speaker 2: The Colorado GOP had gone completely off the rails that have been led there by its officers who were using it as their own personal financial flush fund. They were using it for their own political purposes. And then what's really sad is I spent yesterday on the phone with our candidates. I talked to Jeff Hurd. He said that was the first time they called run a Republican Party officer, I talked to him.
Speaker 3: I talked to Gabe Evan me same thing.
Speaker 4: Nope, and I talked to So.
Speaker 2: I taught the same thing from Gabe Evans. Then I called State Senator Paul Lundee. We are in so much trouble. If Paul Lundin, he's leading our effort to win seats in the State Senate. If we lose one seat in the State Senate, then we will be a micro minority in the State Senate like we are in the House, and the Democrats will be able to send legislation to the ballot, things like overturning pavor and issues that we, as conservatives would have would find appalling. We need to hold on to the State Senate. Paul Lundin told me last night when we talked, that was the first time anyone from party leadership, any of the party officers, had reached out and offered their and all three of them dan told me the same thing. I said, what's your number one need? They said, Eli, please keep us from having to look over our shoulders to see when we're going to get attacked by the state Party. Oh my lord, that's the situation.
Speaker 3: We've been in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is unimaginable, right, I mean, that is just unimaginable to me. And you step back and you look at how surreal what the GOP has just been through in Colorado is, and I'm just so glad again that the party righted its own ship. Now that brings us a light to the contention. As I understand it, published reports that Dave Williams is contesting this, and hopefully we can get Dave on the show to talk about it. We've had him on often in the past. I've enjoyed the conversations, whether we agreed or disagreed. But he's contesting this right and saying that this was not a legitimate meeting and that you're not the duly elected chair. How do you respond to that, Well, he.
Speaker 2: Said he's going to contest it. I don't think he has any legs to contest it. We held a meeting of the State Central Committee. He was thrown out of office. The meeting was properly called. He went to court, tried to he actually lied to the judge and this is all public record now and said that the State Central Committee had ruled that this. You know that there was no way to over to throw him out. Basically, the judge found out that he had been lied to overturned a restraining order that was improperly put in the first place, said you have a right to hold your meeting. We held our meeting and the vote was very decisive, you know, over ninety percent vote to remove. Davis is saying he's going to use try to use parliamentary tricks and stuff like that to try to hold onto power. But again, this is the problem. In the first place, he should have not been focused on this. He should have been focused on supporting Jeff Hurd and Gave Evans and Paul Lundin and Rosliglesi. If he'd been doing that, no one would have tried to remove him.
Speaker 1: Well, and critically hasn't the Republican Party. Now let's do a chair.
Speaker 5: Now I'm talking about nationally, the RNC, Well, they were.
Speaker 2: In process with that the NRCC. I actually just got off the phone with them. That was the first time the National Republican Congressional Committee, the official campaign armed for Congress of the RNC, had had a meeting with the Colorado Republican Party leadership. We already started talking about how we're going to coordinate together now to get Jeff Heard and Gabe Evans elected. They've already put out a public statement saying they acknowledge the legitimacy of the election, and we didn't waste one day. We're already working with them. I talked about where we can open up new field offices, So that's what we're doing right now. I'm sure the deposed leadership they're going to fight because this is they've been collecting big paychecks and sort of taking the donor money for themselves. But my team is already up and running. We're going to open up a new field office this afternoons here in Colorado Springs to conduct the work of the state party until we have taken final control of all of the assets from the deposed leadership.
Speaker 1: And Eli Bremmer, our guest, the new Colorado GOP chair. You've heard current leadership is contesting Eli's election over the weekend. But Eli, how does things work mechanically right now? For example, that the state GOP has office is right and who has keys to those who gets to go there?
Speaker 2: Well, we are in the process of dealing with all of the recovery of the assets from the former leadership. Those belong to the Colorado Republican Central Committee. They are not the personal assets of the former officers. So the Colorado Republican Central Committee met, they removed them from leadership. That being said, it's sort of like when you have a squatter. They can occupy your house without your authority for a little while, and it takes a little bit to go through the right and legal process to get them out. So we'll be going through that process and evicting what are now squatters from the Colorado Republican Party.
Speaker 1: Wow, and will this and I hate to get into the weeds on this, it's just fascinating, Tim will it Will it actually be an eviction process, a criminal process, a civil process. How do you go about if if the current chair and current well if Dave Williams and his team, which claimed they remain duly elected, if they literally refuse to leave, how do you force them.
Speaker 5: Out of there?
Speaker 2: Well, then we'll have this. We'll have the support of the courts because they've been removed rightfully by the by the Central Committee. There are other legal things that are that are happening in the background. The vice chair, the former vice chair, Hope Shuffleman, who had caused all sorts of problems, including promoting campaign material solds of Adam Frish, who's running against Jeff Hurd. Okay, she was putting Adam Frish ads on her on her social media channel as the vice chair of the party and saying he was better than our Republican candidate.
Speaker 3: You know, I as I understand it.
Speaker 2: I've heard she is now under investigation for criminal accent in her home county for filing false police reports to try to cover up some of the corruption that has been done inside the party. So these things will take a little bit of time. There's some strong indications that are the financial mismanagement at the party could be criminal in nature.
Speaker 3: I don't know yet. There are people that have brought.
Speaker 2: Up that the statements that the former chair has made publicly contravene federal election law. So we don't know because there's no transparency. If his statements were in fact accurate and he did break the law, we don't know.
Speaker 3: But this will be a bit of a process. But in the meantime, I have pledge to.
Speaker 2: Jeff Hurd and gave Evans personally that they will have the support of the party. They no longer need to look over their shoulder and see if they're going to get attacked. I'm making the same commitment to Paul Lundy and Rosaglise. The Colorado Republican Party as of today is back in business and we exist for one and only one reason, to get all of our candidates elected.
Speaker 1: Eli, appreciate you joining, and as I told Dave Williams before, Hey, it's an open door here, so anytime you want to pop on anything you want to talk about, please, you're welcome here and I very much look forward to the future.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks Darren, appreciate your having me on.
Speaker 1: Thank you take care of that is Eli Bremer, Hey, want to get your reaction to these developments over the weekend with the Colorado GOP. My own sense of it just from the outside having read all the media reports followed the court battles, etc.
Speaker 5: Is that I think this is slam dunk.
Speaker 1: I think Eli is the duly elected chair and you have your new executives and it's full speed ahead for the Colorado GOP. And if Dave and others decide to fight that, you know that's their right and then they will eventually lose. But in the meantime, hopefully you would hope that they would agree at this point to step aside and put the larger cause ahead of those individual interests. But we will find out together. And as always, and Ryan, I know you're trying to reach Dave Kelly is we hope Dave will join us on the show. Always welcome here, whether we agree or disagree, and we've disagreed a lot lately. It's always good to have the conversation. You're on the Dankapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 7: President Biden always said that he wants you to be the last person in that room, particularly for big decisions, just as he was for President Obama. He just made a really big decision Afghanistan. Yes, were you the last person in the room?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 7: And you feel comfortable?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Think about it three years ago today, one of the worst moments in American history, where thirteen of our best and bravest were needlessly senselessly slaughtered because of Joe Biden's weakness and his incompetence. And you just heard Kamala Harris. She bought into it, she supported it, And this is where we find ourselves and it's so important obviously, I mean there's so much the Trump campaign has that they can legitimately hit Harris with between now an election day. There's never been a campaign where one side had more to use on the other and its actual video the words coming out of the opponent's mouth and being so obviously ludicrous and extreme, and we've been playing a lot of that on the show. You probably hear it in your sleep right now, but there are so many Americans in the swing states who have not heard it yet, and I think you're going to see it really start to sink in. I'm not saying that will be reflected by the polls necessarily, because I think many of the polls are just another tool that much of the media has to lie to the public with, and obviously much of the media at this point is willing to lie and protect and do whatever they have to do to try to defeat Trump and to elect Harris. I'm not saying that Harris would have been their first pick. I think she would have been close to their last pick. But the media's obsession is defeating Trump because they hate them, and so they will lie to you in lots of different ways, including the poles all of them. There are some noble exceptions, and there are some who often mislead you but then occasionally speak the truth. And when they do, we want to call out that as well. Here is Jake Tapper doing that over the weekend with Senator Corey Booker.
Speaker 7: America has read it for a new chapter.
Speaker 5: Amer has read it for it better story, a new chapter. I mean, she's the incumbent vice president.
Speaker 2: Democrats have controlled the White House for twelve of the last sixteen years. How can Democrats talk about a new chapter turning the page?
Speaker 5: You guys are the ones writing the book.
Speaker 9: Well, you know that that's not true, Jake, because you know politics like I do. Right now, we see the maga Republicans in Congress killing all kind of pragmatic policies that we need to get done.
Speaker 1: No, Tapper maator's point. Booker did not have any kind of decent response. And this is where I come back to being very confident that in the end, the people who decide this election, and it's not America, right, it's the six swing states, And it's a relatively small number of folks on committeds within the six swing states that in.
Speaker 5: The end, by election day, they're going to know all of.
Speaker 1: These truths, and they already know that that Harris has been in power. Now, in fairness, they're assuming that Harris had no impact, but they're also going to know she had no impact because she just isn't that capable. She just isn't that accomplished. And so by election day, I think this is one thing you can go to bed at night and you can sleep very peacefully just knowing that by election day, the people who are going to decide this election, at least in the numbers that will decide it, are going to know all these things that you want them to know.
Speaker 5: And then do they do what you and I want them to do.
Speaker 1: We can't control that, but I fully expect they will, and I think at this point the Democrats expect that they will height five five for zero five eight two five to five the number. Hey, what do you make of President Trump now talking about, you know, applying that the September ten debate on ABC may not go forward because Kamala Harris's camp trying to change the rules and ABC so obviously biased against him, and there can be no question about that, right, So do you think Trump should go forward with this debate if any of the agreed upon rules are changed. Now, one thing that I'm a little baffled by is exactly what rule changes is the Harris camp after of course you've already probably heard the one is that they want the mics to be opened up. Remember Biden had insisted the mics be muted when it's not your turn to speak. But now the Harris camp wants them opened up because obviously they think it will make Trump look bad, that he won't be able to control himself. Trump camp says, we want the rules as agreed upon. Now, I've seen other unconfirmed reports. Now, Ryan, the Fountain, source of all knowledge, at least in this studio, may have more detail. I've seen other reports that know the Harris camp wants wants she and Trump to be sitting down at a table able to use notes. Have those reports been confirmed or is that speculation?
Speaker 10: Multiple sources that are outlets I would trust that are not right leaning, all saying that there are three adjustments that the Harris campaign would like to make, and that would be to your point. So they're seated and the one foot differential in height is not highlighted during the debate, so they're not standing at podiums.
Speaker 6: That's one two that she has access to.
Speaker 10: I don't know what kind of notes or what the level of detail that would be, but that would be part B. And then the most controversial one to this point is they want to undo the mike muting because while that was beneficial they thought to Joe Biden, although it wasn't, they.
Speaker 5: Want Kamala to have her.
Speaker 10: I'm speaking moment with Donald Trump, so they want those micros.
Speaker 5: Right well, listen to me.
Speaker 1: If there's any one of these in underline if that Trump should turn down the debate over and I'm not saying he should, I'm still working it through in my head. It's this seated with notes garbage. Wait a second, this is American tradition. You stand up for debates, You stand up to your opponent, You stand across from your opponent, and you.
Speaker 5: Look her in the eye, you look him in the eye.
Speaker 1: And if truly and I underline the f because I haven't seen formal confirmation on this, but but if they want those kind of changes, then I think you have to give some serious thought to just draw on the line and say no, you agreed to the terms and we are not making those changes. That's ridiculous. If somebody isn't able to stand there, stand on their own two feet. This is a symbolic thing as well as a physical thing. If somebody isn't able to stand on their own two feet without notes and look you in the eye and debate you, they should not be president of the United States. That should be an automatic disqualifier.
Speaker 5: Can I add something to me that's far more important than whether MIC's are muted?
Speaker 1: And I understand President Trump just came out and said turn the MIC's on.
Speaker 5: They should be on the whole time.
Speaker 10: He did say that, but he needs to hammer this point home, Dan and bring it right back and say, is Kamala Harris going to demand with Vladimir Putin or Jiji paying that they be seated for their meals?
Speaker 5: Now That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's the one that I would consider drawing the line on the other one, I would say the same thing to President Trump. Any candidate who can't deal with an open mic for ninety minutes shouldn't be president. And I think President Trump can and has in the past, dealt with an open mic well for ninety minutes, and so yeah, no, but but should he And I'd love to hear from people on this. We won't have time to really get to the depths of it right now. We're going to have a guest out of the break, Dick Wadams is going to join us to talk about the change in GOP leadership. But after that, I want to get into this with you. Let's say, if the reports are true and Harris wants to be seated with notes at that point, should Trump walk away from the debate if she won't agree to the original rules, which is like every other important debate in America for first graders. If first graders are doing a little debate for class president, they're standing up. I don't know if they have notes or not, but the person running for president should not have notes. So love your thoughts on that so much Morehead eight five five fours five eight two to five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. Y're on the Dan Kaplis Show.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 11: Today, our Pajunior is to spend in his campaign endorsing Trump. Kennedy telling reporters that Trump had asked him to quote enlist him in his administration. Now, the latest swing state polls show Kennedy with five or six percent of the vote, And so when you think about it overall, you may say, well, that's not a big deal. Actually, if that is the case in swing states, it is huge. It is everything. It is more than the margin between Harris and Trump in some of those same states.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's Aaron Burnett on CNN. I think they have a lot to worry about on the left. We'll get to more of that in a bit. Hey, I'm really happy to welcome Dick Wadhams back to the show. We had Eli Bremer on at the top. He is the new GOP party chair in the state of Colorado. I know there are plenty of folks who disagree with that, starting with Dave William, party chair, who we invited on and he declined today. And to Dave contending he remains party chair. But a huge step over the weekend. And those who gathered and to those from the Central Committee who gathered an elected elive Bremmer, they had to go to court, they had to go to court and win the right to go have this meeting. They've proven they're willing to go to court to pursue this, and so I expect that they will continue to prevail there. Let's go to the VIP line, Richard. Welcome back to the dan Kaplas show.
Speaker 12: Hi Dan, nice to be with you.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, And I.
Speaker 1: Know you're happy about what happened over the weekend because you've been speaking very openly about it and leading toward this day for a long time. So Dick, please give us your current reflections, but also take us inside what happened.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 12: I wasn't there, Dan, but I think it's pretty clear that the Colorado Republican State Central Committee just had its fill of Dave William's antics and abuse of power. And when you get more than eighty five percent of the vote in a vote like that, I mean I think it was a clear repudiation of Stave Williams. And there was also an endorsement of Eli Brammer. Hengl likes a good man. He will do a good job in this truncated.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 12: He will be a stay chair before the carroad before the election in November. But it's imperative that Williams be removed now. Remember no law, no by law, no ethic, no election law minds Dave Williams. He's proven that he thinks he can do whatever he wants whenever it wants, and so I fully expect him to refuse to leave the office and it will probably take action by the Republican National Committee for that sort of itself.
Speaker 1: Out and what that looked like, Dick, Is there a process for the RNC now to address this. I know I saw some media reports over the weekend that there's been an immediate statement from at least some branch of the National Republicans.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it was very interesting and also very important that the National Republican Congressional Committee, which is the campaign entity that focuses on races for the US House of Representatives, immediately recognize Eli Rimmers the new chairman in Colorado. They have a vested interests in having a strong state chair and strong state party because there are two seats that they desperately want to win. They want to retain the third district in Western Colorado with Jeff Hurd, and they want to win and then see a Democratic incumbent in the eighth district with they gave Evans over a congress woman at Caraveo, and so they really need to have a state party they can work with, and they came out right after the vote on Saturday night. I got to tell you, Dan, I think the RNC will have to.
Speaker 3: Settle this issue.
Speaker 12: There is a precedent for it. A year ago in Michigan, a Dave Williams white character got elected up there in Michigan, and the Michigan Republican Party took a vote and the same thing. They kicked her out of office, and they elected a former congressman as the new state chairman in Michigan, and she refused to leave the person who got kicked out, and so the Republican National Committee had to settle the issue, and they did. They ruled in favor of the former congressman to be the state chairman. So based on that, I think the same scenario could be happening here in Colorado now that a new chairman has been elected.
Speaker 1: And Dick Wawie, have you give us your take, if you would, on CD three and eight, how you think those races are going to go as well as the current state of the presidential.
Speaker 12: I think that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 12: Jeff Hurd is doing great, running a great campaign in the third district. Adam Frish, the guy who almost knocked off the Lauren Bobert, a year ago he or two years ago. He's got a lot of money. But the third district really is a Republican district. Jeff Herd matches the district really well. Grand Junction Native. He's a lawyer and his clients have been the natural resource and water clients on the Western Swope. And I got to tell you, I think that Jeff has been a great job as a candidate and his campaign in the eighth district, Gave Evans is just.
Speaker 8: An outstanding candidate.
Speaker 12: Former Army helicopter pilot in Afghanistan, police officer, Gave is a really articulate young state representative. He had already he did great things. And it's important to note that the wonderful Dave Williams actually opposed both of these candidates in their primaries when he took sides primaries. And I will tell you, if Ron Hanks had defeated Jeff Hurd in the third district, that district would be off the table. We wouldn't even be talking about it because Ron Hanks was embarrassing and he would not even be in the game. Same thing in the in the in the eighth district, doctor Janika Joshi would not be and we're close to being able to win in the eighth district. So despite Dave Williams, we have two great candidates, both of whom can win those tough seats.
Speaker 5: Dick Adams our guests, turning to the presidential what's.
Speaker 1: The state of that race in Colorado, let's say the swing states.
Speaker 12: Okay, well, it's pretty clear Democrats are on a high right now. I mean, early Poland shows that Kamala Harris came out of the national Convention with a kind of a thought of the momentum behind her.
Speaker 3: But Dan, it's going to be a close selection.
Speaker 12: It's going to be fought in those seven swing states. The polling will be close, and it's anybody's game right now. September tenth debate, which I think is going to happen, although Trump seems to be saying he might not show up now or might not want to do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he'll do.
Speaker 12: But September tenth debate, and then I think there should be more debates after that. The American people need to get a good look at these two candidates and see what they're all about.
Speaker 1: Now it tack in terms of the debate, I think what's going on right now with President MP implying that he may not show up if the Harris camp changes the rules. First, I think one of the things Trump has done brilliantly in the past is just keep people talking about Trump. There's been so much focus on Harris, you know, change the channel, shift that the focus. But let's say the Harris camp. I don't know if these reports are true, but let's say the Harris camp is insisting on changing the rules so that the candidates sit down and have notes. At that point, if it's your candidate opposing Harris, do you go along with that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Dan, I guess I don't think it makes any difference. They're going to quibble over the details.
Speaker 3: But they sit.
Speaker 2: Down notes, no notes my spot, Mike Old, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just I just don't think.
Speaker 12: It makes much difference. And and yes, and I think this is all about Trump trying to get some attention. And listen, she's doing the same thing. These These are two candidates who are both trying to make the other look bad in.
Speaker 5: Terms of debates.
Speaker 3: They just both need to.
Speaker 2: Show up and debate. That's how I do it.
Speaker 12: I just I just find these I find these debates over debates just kind of frustrating. I found them so when I was running campaigns. Yeah, and I find it so now watching this presidential race.
Speaker 1: And to me, this really is important because you know, if and I don't know if these reports are true, but if the Harris camp is unwilling to just stand there next to Trump, I'd be very hesitant to agree to that change of rules because I think that physical presence matter matters. I think it matters in leading a nation. I think it matters in standing up to enemies. I think it matters on the world stage. And if she's not able to stand up on her own two feet and without notes, look them in the eye and debate them, I think the American people need to know that.
Speaker 5: Oh that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 12: I just they understand. I mean, I can't remember. I can't remember a president where the candidates were sitting down. Maybe there must have been some I don't know.
Speaker 1: About a VP debate a long time ago, like Paul Ryan and somebody. But Richard, grateful for the time today. Hope we can get together off.
Speaker 5: And this is going to be an amazing two months. It is, my friend. Well, you take care, we'll talk soon. I think that is Dick Watdams kind enough to join us.
Speaker 1: Hey, want to come back. I can get your take on that. The debate over debates. If the Hairs camp is truly trying to change the rules so that she gets to sit down and have notes, would you advise President Trump to walk away from the debate over that. You're on the Dan Kaplas.
Speaker 6: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 5: You also want to change the rules? You know, the deal is we keep the same rules.
Speaker 2: Now all of a sudden they want to make a change of the rules because she.
Speaker 5: Can't answer questions.
Speaker 2: Why doesn't she do a couple of question answer?
Speaker 5: Why does she do something like I'm doing right now? She can't talk. We can't have another dummy as the president. We cannot have a dummy.
Speaker 2: And the people from Vietnam agree.
Speaker 5: With that because.
Speaker 1: We can't have another dummy as the president. So what do you think about that? From President Trump today? Eight five five forour zero five eight two five five the number. Let's go to the Infuego phone lines as we talk about, Hey, should Trump back out of the debate if the Harris camp changes the rules? Everybody's agreed on the CNN rules for the September ten debate on ABC. And according to the Trump camp, and I'm quoting here, enough with the games. We accepted the ABC debate under the exact same terms as the CNN debate. The Harris camp, after having already agreed to the CNN rules, asked for a seated debate with notes and opening statements. We said, no changes to the agreed upon rules. Jason Miller, Senior advisor for Trump. And then it goes on from there. Let's go to the phone lines. Let's start with Rick in Boone. You're on the Dan Kapli Show.
Speaker 4: Welcome Towdy. Hey, Rick, I say equivaling, just get on with the debate, so you would agree she if she if she goes equivalent, she looks more like what there was that Moss get close to negotiating the deal.
Speaker 1: And then good, Rick, appreciate the call. Thank you always great to hear from Boom. Let's go to a beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Can I imagine Thursday night up there, It's going to be so exciting Opening night, Shane. Welcome to the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Darren, thanks earlier show. Thank you just just kind of quick comment about the same notes. It just try to put some dirt my shorts on what is notes? I mean, is it digital or is it a piece of paper with a pencil?
Speaker 5: A great question.
Speaker 3: If it's digital, she's gonna have a bunch of people backstage free there answer.
Speaker 5: Let's assume it's paper. Would you would you agree to that change of terms.
Speaker 3: I don't see any problems with paper and a pencil, but I really doubt that's what they're talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it to me, Shane, it's an enormous it's an enormous concession if you allow her to sit down and if you allow her to have notes. Somebody wants to be president of the United States, you've got to be able to stand up, stand up without notes and make your case.
Speaker 5: And Dick Wadham's at a good point in the last segment.
Speaker 1: Can you think of a single presidential debate where they have not been standing and where they have been allowed notes?
Speaker 5: I can't think of one.
Speaker 3: No, it does kind of suck the wind out of the debate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, thanks man, appreciate the call very much. Now listen, I get I can think of some of those town hall formats and the guy or Gal can sit on the stool while the other one's talking, unless they want to follow him around. And I saw a clip of Kennedy Nixon. I thought they just had that one iconic debate, but I saw another clip where they were seated in chairs. But to me, no, you've got to agree to those original terms. Now, should Trump walk away? Should Trump walk away from the debate? If Harris insists on that change, it should never even come to that. ABC should say no to Harris. ABC should say we have an agreement on terms. No, Kamala Harris. Obviously, ABC extraordinarily biased in Harris's favor, and Peblo, you're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 4: Welcome Dan.
Speaker 13: So what would the impact be if Harris that down during the debate and Donald Trump stood.
Speaker 1: Up, Well, she wouldn't have anywhere to sit. I mean, if she sat on the floor, the race is over, right.
Speaker 13: Well, I was just thinking standing up presents a much more professional position. And so if she's sitting and he's standing, who who gets the upper hand?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: But isn't that the point?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see guy, you're saying, Okay, let's say they agree to the change, and then Harris is sitting there at the designated chair and table, and Trump just stands anyway.
Speaker 5: See, I like the way you think. Man, that's good creative thinking right there. Well, that's good creative thinking.
Speaker 13: But that might think, I think it tells more about the professionalism and of the one who's standing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great call, guy, You.
Speaker 13: Create, You create a better impression when somebody approaches you if you stand their hands.
Speaker 5: Amen to that great point. Guy, What do you think of that? Ryan?
Speaker 1: Let's say that ABC, which at this point I think is deeply in Kamala Harris's pocket. Let's say that ABC says, Okay, anything you want, Kamala, and they provide these chairs and tables. Should Trump stand anyway?
Speaker 6: That'd be a very Trump thing to do, or.
Speaker 1: Interesting from God. And listen if if the Trump camp is right, and that's a change that Harris is after, here's why right, Because the presence presence matters. You know this from your everyday life. Presence matters to leadership. Presence matters in foreign affairs. Presence matters, and the presence on that stage of Donald Trump and Kamala Harris side by side where everybody can compare for themselves. You know they could university of my eyeballs. The greatest study ever done, and they can see that difference. And it's not always just based on stature, not always just based on stature. There's much more that goes along with it, but statute part of it. Dean and Arvada, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, Dan, I totally agree with you your point. They manage just ever a teleprompter because they're already going to feed her the answers to the questions. You know as well just say, okay, you get your teleprompter, because this is like taking cheap notes through a map. I mean, this is ridiculous, isn't that?
Speaker 4: Is that what your Dean?
Speaker 3: Would you have Trump?
Speaker 1: Would you have Trump walk away over this rule cheap? You've got about ten seconds you would.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, You've got to put it. Yeah, you've got to put a line down and say, look, we're already on off a big bias uh ab totally rump and I've got.
Speaker 5: To hit this heartbreak. Thank you Dean for that called.
Speaker 1: Deane says no Trump should walk away if Harris insists on a chair and a table and other rule changes, what do you think can then? So much more to cover here on the Dan Kapitala show