Speaker 1: It's the AMers and Andy Christmas Show.
Speaker 2: Run till you buy Rinsoe, the only sulfa contains solia.
Speaker 1: Other Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Of nineteen fifty Lber Brothers Company, the makers of Brinsoe with Sodium again brings you.
Speaker 1: The amoson Andy Christmas Show.
Speaker 2: And now here they are with their Christmas cast and Jeff Alexander and his orchestra in chorus Radio's all time favorites amoson Andy.
Speaker 1: Well, this is.
Speaker 2: Sunday, Christmas Eve, but let's go back to yesterday morning. Andy's out with Amos's little girl, Arbadilla, on their annual tour of the store windows.
Speaker 3: Uncle Andy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they sure got a lot of toys in there. Anything.
Speaker 3: I never think so many toys. It's just like something you dream about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, there's something cute there. There's a paint set. Look what they say there, junior paint set twelve dollars and ninety five per cent complete with easel.
Speaker 3: What's an easel? Uncle Andy?
Speaker 1: Easel?
Speaker 4: It's one of them things. But all artists has got them.
Speaker 1: They can't do without them.
Speaker 3: What do they use them for?
Speaker 4: Well, they wears them underhead, got a little castle on it.
Speaker 1: Keeps the head warm while they paint.
Speaker 3: You know everything, don't you?
Speaker 4: Well, most everything. Sever of the things might have slipped by me.
Speaker 3: I know, that's cute. What did that say?
Speaker 4: That's a baby doll? Set come lead with pre ambu LeTour?
Speaker 3: What's a pre ambue? Later Oncle Andy?
Speaker 1: Well, uh, it's just like one of the measles. But I ain't got no tassel on.
Speaker 3: Here's what I've been waiting to see. The desk, the one in the corner, got big doll there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that show is a pretty doll, Arbidella.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a talking doll. That's the one I wrote nice Na Claus to jing me. But Daddy said I wrote the letter too late. You see, I only wrote it two days ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe your papa ain't got the money. I mean, uh, that ain't give him Santa Claus much time.
Speaker 1: You got to write him before that?
Speaker 3: Oh pretty Zuncle Andy, Daddy said, Santa Claus with being it to me next Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, you see, that'll give you more time.
Speaker 3: We're having a good time today at me, Uncle Andy.
Speaker 4: I like getting out with you, yes, and I like being out with you too, Arbadella. But they no sense of us standing outside this window, eyeballing.
Speaker 1: That dollar all day. I guess we gotta get on home now.
Speaker 3: Oh grandy, come, I just look at the talking dolls once more.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, Arbadella, go ahead, that's sure.
Speaker 3: That's pretty dress she's got on. So when Shanacou sings hit to me next year, I'm going to make a lot more pretty dresses. I can hardly wait till next Christmas. It's only a year.
Speaker 1: Oh, come in, king we Bro and the merry Christmas beatings over the seasons day?
Speaker 5: What you doing?
Speaker 1: Stress out? And did? Oh? I'm just laying down for a minute.
Speaker 4: I got a little woozy while I was out Christmas shopping with Arbadella.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you don't look too good around the gills. You look a little like a frowner that's just been gaffed. Yeah, got a little stringers out Christmas shopping for all your dear friends. And you want to remember, specially at this time of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Well, I don't know what's wrong with me. I done took my temperature a few minutes ago, and the thermostat went up to one hundred and.
Speaker 1: One hundred one. That ain't good, And well did that mean I am sick well anger. I don't want alarm. You're nothing. But I had a cat once that had a temperature of one hundred and one. The next thing I know it, you started forming at the moth. Then she roved through the dining room window, landed on the street, and climbed forty feet up a twenty foot three and a half hour later, she had a little kittens too. Well, I don't think that, I ask that's sick.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: And like I said, you probably wore yourself out with too much Christmas shopping, So I don't do you a big favor, boy, instead of having you come all the way up to my house with that big president, I know you done bought from me. I just take the thing with me. Now, see if you the trip see there now or we're thinking of you? What kind of a power would I feeder? Let a sick man look a good big boxed up to myt holes on Christmas Eve? Yeah, you got to think of your friends on Christmas. It's the spirits of good Chill Peep on Earth and Mizzle Tone all the king Fish. Yeah, yeah, just see it. And I kind of choke up and I was filled with the spirit of Friend your brother, King Fish?
Speaker 5: Oh what is it?
Speaker 1: The old help?
Speaker 4: I ain't got no present for you. How would you like to have a punch in the mouth, King Fish? Don't you say nothing to me? I give you that pen and pencil set. Last year you didn't give me nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, an lock has flaying that tree, and I wait a minute, I tell you what it's done. Now. I done bought you a box of fine seaguards, you know, Corona Corona, and I wanted them to be perfect for you. And I thought i'd puff on one to see how it was. And the first one seemed to be a little too dry. Whoever, I finished that one, I decided to puff on another one, and that one was too moist, you see, so I thought I'd try another one. Well, then away between the puffin and the drying and the morston. By the next thing I know you Christmas went up and smoking. Well, King Fish.
Speaker 4: You see, it was all I could do, the manage to scrape up something for Amos and his kids. I was too broke to get you or anything this Christmas cheme.
Speaker 1: Well, Hannah, I was just thinking, now, if you want to go down to the Friend of Loon, coming in the corner. Why he is de glad to let you hurt? Come in?
Speaker 4: Oh hi, lightning high, good my branda, hide you were the kings is well lean glad you dropped by just thinking about you.
Speaker 1: You know, you got to think of your friends at Christmas time. It's the spirit of good cheer, peace on earth this time of the year, when the spirit of friendship and brother in those freds throughout the world.
Speaker 4: King Fish, if you don't get out of here, I'm gonna punch you right in the nose.
Speaker 1: You hear that, Oh lait already the sera. There's a fine attitude to take at Christmas time. Goodbye to booth for you. Bump.
Speaker 4: Well, then I see you're done, wrapped up them presents for me like I asked you to.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, right down round each of them, steparate down. Yeah, well that's good. But wait a minute, year, How'm I gonna know which one is the crayon?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Well, that's stipp of misander. You'll see on the crayons day I put a key.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, like them? Don't you know that crayon starts with a C? Certainly the R O U T O N S crayons?
Speaker 3: Well, you.
Speaker 1: You ain't given away many presents this year is in Mixander.
Speaker 4: No, I got a little something for Amos and Ruby. These toy soldiers I got for Amos juniors. All right, But I don't know if Barbadella's gonna like these crayons or not.
Speaker 1: Ah, sure she'll like them.
Speaker 5: And anyway, what do you know what you like him?
Speaker 1: What you don't like Mazanna, Well, there's a trouble like him. I do know what you like? Well, they don't make no difference. You flat busted anyway. Yeah, and that's what's troubled me. I just broke and say, like, what time is it? He is about one departments then o'clock? Just get an idea, like, no, let me get up here.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna take a walk down to that department store on the corner.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want to see me? I guess. So is you the gentleman to do the hiring for the department store tonight? My name is Simmons. Yeah, well, I was wondering if you needed.
Speaker 4: Any extra sales help for this last minute rush this afternoon, I would work hard. Well, we did need extra help up until this morning, but I think we can get through the rest of the day with the salespeople we have Oh well, thank you, just the same as say, wait just a minute, yes, yes, maybe you can help us. Was that well, one of our Santa Claus helpers was called home. His wife was taking ill suddenly, and well we could use somebody to take his place.
Speaker 1: Do you think you could do it? Be Santa Claus helpers? That's right, Well, I.
Speaker 4: Had never done it before, and I don't uh shoe show I can do it.
Speaker 1: Fine, Fine, you go down and see mister Walker on the fourth floor.
Speaker 4: He'll give you your Santa Claus suit and whiskers. Then come back here and I'll tell you just what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, Thank you, sir, thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, mister Brown, you look very well in that outfit.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I see you've got that pillow in there, just right. I ain't no pillow, that's me. Well, I think you're going to make a fine Santa Claus.
Speaker 4: Mister Brown.
Speaker 1: Now you just put on these whiskers and hat and you're all set, yes, sir. Now what must I do, mister Simmons.
Speaker 4: Well, you get into the toy department right to the back door of my office.
Speaker 1: Here. The Santa Claus chair is right there, and I just sits there and talks to the children. Huh, that's right.
Speaker 4: You just have the children come up one at a time, and if you run into any difficulties of any kind, just call the floor walker. Yes, sir, if I have any trouble, I'll call the floor walker. Good luck, Santa right to that door to day, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a Santa Claus chair, a lot of children waking a little chits. Oh oh they nun spoty.
Speaker 1: Mans hey quiet quiet, quiet kids, quiet? Wait a minute, Wait a minute. I better sit down here and get started.
Speaker 4: All right, Sonny, you first, come right up here, sit on Santy Claus's lap. Ha that's the boy. Now tell Santa Claus? What does you want for Christmas?
Speaker 3: I want to hop along Cassidy had a hop a long Cassidy shirt hop along Cashidy s first, hop along cass Bell, hop Along Cassidy gun hop along, cast booth had a hop along Cashidy.
Speaker 4: Toothbrush And tell me something, little fella, Just who is your favorite cowboy star?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Rogers?
Speaker 1: You is a nice little boy. You know what what is your name?
Speaker 3: Sammy Jackson?
Speaker 1: Well? Tell me something, Sammy, you've been a good boy. Yeah, I would have no death without asking. You look like a smart little fella. I bet you were smart in school.
Speaker 3: No I ain't.
Speaker 1: You ain't smart in school?
Speaker 3: No, I ain't.
Speaker 1: I bet you try hard, though, don't you?
Speaker 3: No? I don't.
Speaker 4: Well, Uh, you're going to try hard after you go back after the vacation, though, ain't you.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't. I ain't never gonna try hard because I hate school and it ain't nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 1: Oh, floor walker, and you come over here for a walker.
Speaker 3: God gets everything I ask for.
Speaker 6: I'll try hard.
Speaker 1: Never mind, floor Walker.
Speaker 4: That's a good little boy, Sammy. You just hang up your stockers and everythin's gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you Sin o'clock. Yeah, am I next?
Speaker 4: Yeah you was next my mind. Say you was a sweet little girl. Now what can Santah do for a pretty little girl like you?
Speaker 3: Mommy said when I came up here, I could sit on your lap?
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, let me lift you up here. Hmm. Now you is you as light as a fella? What's your name, honey?
Speaker 3: Patricia Washington?
Speaker 1: That's a pretty name too, And that's a pretty little coach you got on there.
Speaker 3: My mother made it for me.
Speaker 4: She made my hat too, well, Patricia, I suppose you come up to tell me what you want for Christmas?
Speaker 3: No, Santa, I wrote you a letter about that. I just came up to visit with you.
Speaker 1: Oh well, that was nice up here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess when you've been out to living presents all Christmas Eve, when you get home, you must be awfully tired, Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I guess I was pretty tired of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I'll bet your little girl comes up to you and rold your arms around you like I do when my daddy comes home tired.
Speaker 4: Well, Uh, no, honey, my little girl don't do that, because you see, I don't have no little girl.
Speaker 1: I live by myself, all by yourself, all by myself.
Speaker 3: Then, just for today, I'll be your little girl here.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you, honey, thank you very much. Uh I.
Speaker 3: Why Santa Claus? Didn't you like it having a little girl hugging kissue? I noticed there's a tear running down your cheek.
Speaker 1: Oh no, honey, I like that more than I can ever tell you. But don't you pay no attention to that teer.
Speaker 4: It's it's just that at Christmas time, your eye is able to do funny things for you. And I'll tell you something else too. Santa is really gonna come to your house this year.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Merry Christmas, Santa Claus.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas to you. Honey. All right, who's next?
Speaker 3: I'm next?
Speaker 1: Uh, come right up, Sonny? Uh uh what's your name?
Speaker 3: Jonathan Waldorf?
Speaker 1: Curtis Higgins the Third? Yeah, well, I'll just call you Johnny. Now, what do you want for Christmas? Johnny?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute before I tell you?
Speaker 5: Are you the real Santa Claus?
Speaker 1: Well? Uh, I have Santy Claus Is Helper.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess that's okay, but I don't like doing business with no middleman.
Speaker 4: You know, talking to me is just like talking to Santy yourself. I got the slay and the reindeer's and everything.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well all right then, just what are the reindeer's names?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: You wanna know the reindeer's name?
Speaker 6: Well, if you're Santa Claus Helper, you ought to know the names.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well there's uh Donna, Blitzen, Thunder, Francer and uh uh stinking blanking the not what you want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Junny?
Speaker 6: I want to let youc train, I want a bicycle, and I want a mon lair plane with a real gasoline engine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well that's all pretty expensive stuff. But I don't know if you're going to get all of that.
Speaker 3: Oh yet, don't huh no, see you over here a.
Speaker 1: Minute, Yes, I mean, uh, well, well what you want?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Listen? Bird?
Speaker 3: Do I get that stuff? But do I have to punch you in the nod front of all these kids?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, Sonny se uh, never mind, floor walker. Okay, you'll get the stuff. I better? All right, all right, who's next?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 1: Oh, step right up, Sonny, Yes, sir, And what's your name?
Speaker 3: William Smith?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well William, I suppose a big fellow like you want a cowboy suit for Christmas?
Speaker 1: Too? Huh No? Like the train? No bicycle? Nope, theare a boxing gloves?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Well tell me, William, what would you like a baby sister? You want a baby sister? Yes?
Speaker 3: How can I get one?
Speaker 1: All four off? Well you're looking at the warn off mister Brown. Oh yeah, I was a little tired. I never talked to so many kids in all my life. He They is cute, though, you did very well.
Speaker 4: All the children seemed very happy and the parents were just standing there beaming.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, thank you. We certainly appreciated having you here this afternoon. As a well, I enjoyed it too.
Speaker 4: And of course, like I told you when I made the deal with you, I had done it for a special reason. Yes, and here it is, mister Brown. I had the stock boy take it out of the window. The talking Doll.
Speaker 2: Christmas Show is being dropped to you by the makers of Brinso, the only soap in all the world that contains solium.
Speaker 1: Well that brings us up to this evening, which is Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Andy, with his arms full of presents, has come up to Amos's apartment.
Speaker 1: Well, come in, Andy, Merry Christmas. Boys. Is the kids around?
Speaker 5: Oh no, it is all in bed.
Speaker 1: Arbidella the last one. She just went to bed a few months ago. Yeah, well, I didn't want one the kids to seem to come in with these packages. I mean put him down here under the tree. Oh gee, you've got a lot of stuff. Then it looked like you didn't forget nobody. Where's Ruby? Well, she and O Mama went to church for Christmas Eve services and I kind of baby sitting with the children to name Well, I got a present here for you, Ammas. Oh, thank Andy.
Speaker 4: And here's something for your wife Ruby. And here's something for a mama. And I got a box of them toy soldiers here for Junior.
Speaker 1: Oh that's wonderful what you got in that big box? Then?
Speaker 4: Oh that well, that's a special gift, Amos. That's for Roberdella Arbidella.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't put no card on it, so just tell her that this is from Santa Claus. Oh, Alanna. He sure was wonderful to the kids. Not only are Christmas, but all the time. Boy.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, Amos, I ain't never had none of my own, so I guess the next best thing is kind of being Uncle.
Speaker 1: Andy to all yours. Yeah, why you headed for nine?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to spend Christmas Eve with the Kingfish. We're putting on a little dinner party. We done bought a twelve pound turkey.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice. How many is your hair gonna be? Just me and him?
Speaker 4: Well, Amos, Abby running along and wish everybody a merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Fore, I'm Harry Christmas to you two. And now I going back with Albadella. Now I see she's asleep. You know how kids is on Christmas Eve. Yeah, well, so long am, thanks again, man, Then see you tomorrow. Merry Christmas, rainfall, Sir Royal dieer, damn and crown him Lord well Albadella. Look at you. I thought you'd be found asleep by now. There you is, sitting up in bed.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm so excited. I don't think I can sleep tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, honey, everybody's got to sleep tonight. There. Of course, Fanny is coming in the morning. Why you can't stay awake all night? Uh, he won't come with people stay awake.
Speaker 3: How long before you'll be here? Daddy?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you you put your head down on the pillar and go to sleep now, and if you will sleep, it'll only seem like one minute before Sanny will be here.
Speaker 3: All right, daddy, I'll try ging me. I'm excited to daddy.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess all little kids is excited tonight.
Speaker 3: Dotty, Can I turn on the little radio before I go to sleep?
Speaker 1: Well, just for a minute or two. I'll snap it on for you. Yeah, yeah, now, I'll let it warm up for a few seconds. We don't wanna wake up your little brother and name of andre Ow.
Speaker 3: Music never wakes them up, Daddy.
Speaker 1: Well, let me just street and you cover the little bit. Is you said your prayers?
Speaker 3: Mommy did my prayers before she went out, Daddy.
Speaker 1: The Christmas choir continues with the Lord's Prayers. Well, now get under the covers, honey, Daddy.
Speaker 3: Could you get the Christmas music on the radio?
Speaker 1: Why, darling, this is the very best Christmas music you could yet. There's gonna sing the Lord's Prayer. Oh.
Speaker 3: I been saying the Lodge Prayer with Mommy. She's been teaching it to me.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know she is.
Speaker 3: What does the Lorge Praer mean, Baddy?
Speaker 1: Well, it means an awful lot, and with the world like it is today, it seems to have a bigger meaning than before.
Speaker 3: But what does the lords Prayer really mean? Daddy?
Speaker 1: The Lord's Prayer, Well, darling, I'll explain it to you.
Speaker 3: All read a bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you lay down and you listen all. Now, the first line of the Lord's Prayer is this our Father, which are in heaven. Now that means Father of all that is good, where no wrong can ever dwell. And then it says hallowed be thy name. Now that means, darling, that we should love and respect all that is good. And then it says, after that, thy Kingdom come, I will be done in earth as it is in heaven. Now that means, darling, as we clean our hearts of all hate and selfishness and fill our heart with the love, the good, the true, and the beautiful, and earth where we are now will be just like heaven. Then it says, give us this day our daily bread. Now that means to feed our hearts and minds with kindness, with love, and with courage, which will make us strong for our daily task. And then after that, the next lines of the Lord's prayer is, and forgive us our debt. As we forgive our debt, do you remember the Golden rule?
Speaker 3: Father?
Speaker 1: Well? That we means that we must keep the Golden rule and do unto others as we would want them to do under us. And then it says, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Now that means, my darling, to ask God to help us do and to see and to think right, so that we will neither be led or tempted by anything that is bad.
Speaker 5: Or dying.
Speaker 1: Is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever are men. Now that means darling at all the world and everything in it, the arms, the God's kingdom, everything, your mommy, your daddy, your little brother, your sister, your grandma, you and everybody, and as we know that and act as if we know it, that my darling daughter is the real spirit of Christmas. Good Daddy, Well, now I guess I'll cut off the radio and let you go to sleep. Good night, daddy, Good night, sweetheart Daddy.
Speaker 3: We'll leave a little radio on when I.
Speaker 1: Go to sleep, all right, I'll leave it on and you can listen to some Christmas music.
Speaker 5: Oh why you're got a name?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Pray? Oh Mary? What you call the name? Pretty little day?
Speaker 1: Orry? Go the new bar so call he won ah think I'll say you met you.
Speaker 5: Go. They're taken him.
Speaker 1: On the shoulder and taking him take up the.
Speaker 5: Glow.
Speaker 1: Well, she's asleep, Merry Christmas. Might dollar o hostaging for everybody in our show. Here the cast, our writers Joe Connelly, Bob Moser and Bob Ross, our musical director j. F. Alexander, his orchestra and chorus, and for Lever Brothers Company, the people who make brinso with soil. You Me and Andy want to wish you have very merry Christmas to you your families and the finest New Year ever married. Chis everybody. Good night, folks, see you next Sunday. Today minus the.
Speaker 2: Man, women and children of Europe in Asia are still under nursed.
Speaker 1: In spite of the aid given our government. They continued help an individual is needed to combat malnutrition and dive.
Speaker 2: You can help these needy people by sending a food or clothing package through Care. Why not send your contribution today to the Care office in your community.
Speaker 1: And majority of johnis again at.
Speaker 2: The same time next Sunday, New Year's Eve when lib Brothers company the makers of.
Speaker 1: Brenzo with sodium. But the Gandres Handy Am Good
Speaker 2: Andy show is Ken Nile speaking Lumbia broadcast in just