Speaker 1: The Dodgers and Cubs getting set for Cactus League action here at Sloan Park, and I'm joined right now by my favorite Caros, not Eric, his son Jared, who has worked his way from UCLA all the way to big league camp with the Dodgers. Jared, thanks a lot for the time, and man, like I told you, miles above your dad right now.
Speaker 2: Dang, I like that introduction a lot. It's pretty awesome being here just around all the guys. Obviously first big league camp experience, so it's been pretty sweet so far.
Speaker 1: You're here in the corner. You do not want to be noticed, do you?
Speaker 3: Hah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just kind of trying to stay out of it, just learn as much as I can from the guys, not getting anyone's way, but also trying to learn as much as I can and just get better.
Speaker 1: It's one thing to be in big league camp like your brother Kyle with the Rockies. It's another to be a minor leaguer in your first big league camp on this team. What's it like just when you look around the clubhouse and you see all stars all over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's crazy, no doubt. I mean obviously, just talking to my brother he's with the Rockies. Our experiences are completely different so far. So just being able to hear how his is and then me just looking around seeing all the fans, all the reporters, it's pretty surreal.
Speaker 3: Then obviously all the players. It's crazy.
Speaker 1: When I talked to host Wade Depaula, his locker is all the way down on the other end of yours, and he said he's just hoping not to be called up in the morning meetings. Are you looking for the same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's obviously something you want to stay out of. I think at some point it's going to come, but as of now, I haven't been called yet.
Speaker 3: So fingers crossed.
Speaker 1: It feels like you're trying to blend in with this wall behind you so nobody notices you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean yeah, that's a good way to put it. Just staying over here, minding my own business, doing my own thing.
Speaker 1: Have you been able to watch bullpens of guys like Blake Snell or you know, Otani even throwing his bullpen. Have you been able to just be able to observe those guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have.
Speaker 2: Actually I've watched a lot of guys throw and just being able to see the way they go about their business and how detailed they are, especially with the pitch execution. That's kind of the biggest thing I've noticed, like difference wise from over here and obviously the minor league side, So just being able to see the way they go about their things has been pretty cool to see.
Speaker 1: How do you take from that and put that into the pot that makes Jared Carrolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously you try and take as much as you can, and then when I'm throwing my bullpens, I'm trying to be as detailed as I can present with each pitch and trying to execute pitches. So that's just kind of something I've learned so far here.
Speaker 1: Jared Carrows is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs. How much pride do you take in the fact that you don't throw ninety eight, but you've worked your way up from college to be in the position where people are starting to notice that you're getting closer to being a major league pitcher.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Obviously everyone has their strengths, and for me, it's always been just being able to command my pitches and execute and attack hitters and game plan against them and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So that's something I take a lot of pride in.
Speaker 2: And it's been cool to watch my journey so far, and I'm excited for the future.
Speaker 1: Everybody always talks about the journey. How has the journey been for you, even though you're still working on the finished product.
Speaker 2: It's been awesome, I would say, just where I'm at now and versus where I first got drafted, it's night and day with how much better I've gotten. So I'm excited to see where things go. But right now, I'm just focused on each day right now and getting better.
Speaker 1: All right, Jared, thanks a lot for the time. Really appreciate it. It's great that you have a calendar on your locker so you know when the games are.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure, thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: You threw live BP, so the next game? You ready for the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think I'll throw on Saturday. So I'm excited. You're looking forward to it?
Speaker 1: Are you disappointed that your dad will be there? Would you prefer me to say stay somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I think we've talked about it and he said the games I'm thrown in, he's going to be in the stands or so.
Speaker 1: I'm not in the dugout, so he'll be out of the way for sure. All right, Jared, thanks a lot for the time. Really appreciated. And like I said, number one Carrols right here on Dodgers Radio.
Speaker 3: There we go. Love to hear it. Thank you.